Speaker 1: The guys from Ping. They've kind of showed me how much the equipment matters.
Speaker 2: I just love that I can hit any shot.
Speaker 3: I kind of want we're gonna be able to tell some fun stories about what goes on here to help golfers play better golf.
Speaker 4: Hey, everybody, Welcome back to the Pink proven Grounds Podcast. I am Shade Bacon, joined as always by Marty Jerts and Marty. I get excited about guests. This is like high on my excitement level of guests. A guy you know, well, a guy you've played a lot of golf against.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Jimmy hard K Welcome to the pod. Hey, Jank you Jim went to the Colorado School of Mines, my alma mater.
Speaker 1: What's up with that?
Speaker 4: By the way, if you go to the School of Minds, do you immediately get a job at Ping? Is that kind of how this pipeline works. There's a little pipeline there. Yeah, I think we're just counted up. We have a total of eight engineers now from the School of Minds, including Corey Bacon, who's been on the pod. Fellow Bacon, Yeah, yeah, yeah, and Jim You know, I went to the School of minds. It was a D two school and you know, set a few records, you know for wins and things of this nature, and was it the you know, I got in the Athletic Hall of Fame and then a long come ten years later, Hard k here and just obliterated every single record I set there. So you're so, you're done, You're out, and he's in. First of all, thanks for taking some time and joining the pod. I want to kind of talk about your twenty twenty four because I know it was extremely interesting with you kind of both personally and then a career in career wise. I mean, you're a guy that's played professional golf most of your life. You've had a lot of success as a pro. You've played on the PGA Tour, You've played on the corn Ferry Tour. I know you've won a ton of Mini tour events and I want to see if you actually even know the number to that at some point. But you made a transition in twenty four after that great run at the waste management. How has twenty twenty four gone for you and how's it been working a ping?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a whirlwind of a year for sure, Shane. Yeah, and you like you touched on getting into the Waste Management Phoenix Open in twenty twenty four, Monday and incredible dream week. I had already I had known that I was going to come work at Paying. I had lost my status the prior year on both PG Tour and the Corn Forry Tour. Reached out you know, for for for a few different places Paying, especially because I know, you know, the heritage and the and the family feel, the small uh the small field, the small family feel here at Paying. Wanted to be here. Whirlwind year. Got the job with with Paying. Thank you to John k and thank you to Marity. I was really excited to start it started. I mean my start date I think was end of February and mondayed into the Phoenix Open early February. I was going, okay, well let's do this. You know, no pressure, Pressure's off, playing loose and free, played great that that week, had a lot of fun, a lot of publicity, and then and then came to work here paying, and family moved here to Phoenix. It was it was a whirlwind of year.
Speaker 1: It's it's interesting.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, we we don't dive into the lives of pro golfers or mini tour golfers that often. But I mean your guy you have you have three kids?
Speaker 1: Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean married three kids.
Speaker 4: You know, you obviously know you have the game to go out there and compete and play, but at some point you've kind of got to look at the future, right, and you've got look at where am I gonna make consistent money? How can I make life a little bit more consistent? How was that conversation with you and your family to get to that point to maybe hang it up a bit. I know you're still playing on I want to get into that as well, but how did you get to that point where you said, maybe playing full time is not gonna be my life and let me see if there's a there's an option elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, Shane. Is is a really hard discussion and a hard conversation to have with my wife. But but we had kind of honestly come to that realization in that conversation when we had we had two kids another one on the way. This was the end of twenty twenty two. I had lost my PGA tour status. I was going into the twenty twenty three season with conditional corn Ferry touristatus, not even great Cornferries, which is tough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've got to You've got a priority early in the season to have a chance at that Ryan.
Speaker 2: And early in that season I had some back issues. I wasn't playing well. We had kind of had a conversation throughout the year saying, hey, if you know, if I if I continue with corn Ferry Tour or you know, best case scenario, get the PGA Tours status, We're going to continue this journey. But if not, I'm gonna have to look elsewhere. I'm gonna have to look at you know, different because my priorities have changed, right with the three kids, With the three young kids, I needed a good place to earn a steady paycheck, if you will. I can't do another year on the mini tours. As as fun as that is. Sometimes it's really nice early in your career, you know, there's nothing, there's not really any uh.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just you. I mean you know that.
Speaker 4: That's that's what happens early in your life. It's just you, and the focus is on you, and this is my dream and I'm gonna play. And then you start to add those other factors in and all of a sudden, it's like, well, I gotta I've got to provide for these people. I mean this, these are these people look at me.
Speaker 2: For Yeah, no, I'll say I add to the second part of that decision came about when I was going on I think a three or four week tournament stretch and in that corn Ferry Tour season, and I think my son was he was four or five at that time, and I was I was about to pull out of the out of the garage the head of the airport, you know, to go who knows where, and my son goes, Dad, I don't want you to go, you know, and he gives me the the soft eyes in the in the you know. Oh, I just I was crushed at that moment, you know, And I said, well, maybe maybe this is for the best. Maybe my priorities are changing in the right way at that time.
Speaker 3: Jim, So, going back to the w M a year ago, now, was that the first time where you felt this kind of I don't know, loose or freedom, like like you didn't have your livelihood on the line anymore? And how how what was your headspace like there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was Me and my wife were joking about this because It's funny. As a professional golfer, you're always working to get into the flow state, you know, the zen state where it just it's easy and nothing, nothing's bothering you, and your swing is absolutely perfect and you're chipping and making everything on the greens. And I think I finally reached that state. But it had to be. It had to be because I was I was stopping playing professionally a full time, right, you know. I read all the books Doctor Geo and then Bob Rotella and how to how to get into this flow state and how to I couldn't do it, you know, any everything I tried. Finally I had this position where I was taking a job here the pressure was actually off that I literally had no pressure. I could have finished fifth that week. I could have miscut would have felt the exact same to me. Obviously, I wanted to play well, but there was nothing on the line. My career wasn't riding on the line, if you will, so I was able to just go out there have fun. Like I said, I really think I got in the flow state. Like my swing was just on plane, you know. I was just hammering the driver just so well all week, making Potts like it was just it was just so fun.
Speaker 4: Seventy two, sixty six, seventy sixty eight, you finished TI twenty eight that week at the WM. Marty, I know you've played at the WM as well. Can you just kind of chat about to I'd like to hear from both of you guys just about that experience, what it's like playing in that environment. Marty, I know you've talked a little bit about on the pod throughout some of these episodes, But you know, like Matt McCarty you know, you think about Matt McCarty this year in twenty twenty five, get an opportunity to play in this event, you know, growing up going to it, and you think about Max home On when he won at Riviera. Like, major championships are huge to play in. But for somebody that's local to this area or somebody that has lived in this area, the WM is everything. So can you just kind of chat about those experiences of what it's like to stand on sixteen for people that'll never get that opportunity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is truly like the Super Bowl and growing up, you know, it's like it hits me close. I grew up being a standard bearer there when I was a kid, so, you know, taking a couple of days off school, carrying the sign, getting the autographs, doing that whole thing. It was always like the pinnacle, like you know, and I had played in plenty of majors. I knew what that experience was. The WM is a next level, which is really cool. Jim's first tournament he played on the PGA Tour was in seventeen the WM. Corey Bacon caddied for him in the Monday and to get in. And so when I got in in twenty Jim was, I think you had risk surgery or you were recovering or something at the time. He came out and walked a few practice rounds with me and gave me some tips, which was really fun. It was a surreal experience. It was just so fun to have like all my coworkers here at ping, my local family, all my friends out there following along. Super magical. Obviously I got to play Victor Hoblin too, when he wasn't even on the tour yet he got a sponsor's exemption. Very magical. A sixteen was I was not as nervous on sixteen as I thought I would be, and I think it was because a you're hitting a short iron, you're hitting a wedge and you can just rip it, so you'd like, okay, maybe it's like you're hit your pitching wedge, like you know one forty seven, you got one sixty two hole, you're just ripping the pitching wedge.
Speaker 1: Don't pull left, but I'm gonna hit wedge.
Speaker 3: And I hit two great shots on sixteen. That was super memorable, And I loved having my family there, like like my wife and kids. Most people don't know this, but when you play, they have a little special pathway for your family. They get you right in because you're kind of like, hey, how do I get in there right? You know? So they have a couple thunderbirds fast track your family right in their front row seat. Boom, they get to be right there. I will.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget that, Jim, your experience. I'd love to hear both of them.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, the w and Phoenix op it. I mean really it kind of bookends everything for me, even as a as a as a kid at in college at at Corloro School of Minds, me and my buddies would me and the golf team, we'd take a trip. We'd come down here and we'd watch the tournament. We'd go to sixteen and watch the guys come through there, and then like like Marty said, I mondayed in twenty seventeen, had Corey Bacon on the bag, fellow engineer here and he was a classmate of mine, same class, and we just had a blast that that week. I missed the cut, unfortunately, I missed, I think by one or two. But on sixteen, like Marty said, you're you're walking up there, you're playing fourteen and fifteen, and you just kind of hear the rumble, you hear the roar, and like that's more of a like heartbeat when you walk in, Marty said. Like Marty said, it's like a steady rumble. It's like a steady buzz. Yeah, So hitting the shot is actually not that bad, you know. It's more when everybody's quiet and then there's like a lot of noise closed, that's when it really gets to you. It wa it's a steady buzz. It's really not that bad.
Speaker 3: I always thought on sixteen if everybody literally went quiet, that would.
Speaker 4: Be crazy racking crazy. Got all these people and you got the surrounding grand stands. But yeah, the constant noise probably makes it little.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be for sure, that would be for sure worse if everybody was just dead silent. But the constant buzz I was happy to part. I've parted six times, missed the cut the first time in twenty seventeen, but I parted all the time. It was hilarious too. The first time I went through there was early in the day, hit the green gout and cut some cheers. Hit it to like thirty feet and two putt and kind of got some cheers. The second time I went through there on Friday, I was the last group. We were literally the last group to go through there. Hit the green at thirty feet, got boots, gonna say, make a whole one. If your last group, they're not going to be a happy Yeah. Lagged it down there to a foot and tapped it in you know from my par and walked out of there with it. But it was it was so much fun. That's a that's a great hole on UH Saturday's round. This this this past year twenty twenty four at wmpn SO. But I almost made a whole one. It was that front left location. Hit it just passed the hole and buzzed it back and almost went in and unfortunately missed the putt but almost made a home white crowd went crazy, you know, Saturday w It's it's amazing.
Speaker 4: So I mean I mentioned maybe not your last start on the PGA Tour because I mean, I know you're working a ping and I want to get into how that's gone for you over the last year. But are you still playing? Are you still you know, trying to play in state opens, are you still trying to money qualify to events? Like how are you approaching job at paying family? And then also obviously still have an interesting game to play professional golf for sure, great question.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely keeping the game up because I want to keep playing. I'm following in your co host here, Marty's footsteps with the PGA PGM program. So I'm going through the PGM program. I'm going to get my PGA Class A membership so i can play in the Southwest PGA section of events.
Speaker 1: Marty sent an emails on the back end get him out of here. We don't want this guy.
Speaker 2: The main reason I have to beat the I have to beat the boss, right, And so yeah, I played a couple events this this last summer, the Colorado Open being one of them, played well there, finished second, unfortunately lost in the playoff. Played well at the Arizona Open, but I was I was second engineer. Marty beat me in that event, so a low engineer. Yeah, we gotta keep we gotta keep the game up so I can beat the boss listed Martin.
Speaker 4: Marty's no joke. You had a good summer, Marty. Marty played very good, solid golf throughout the summer, as he tends to do.
Speaker 1: But I mean, will there be any money qualifiers?
Speaker 4: Will you try to do any of that stuff or will it be focused mostly on state stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: For sure, I'll play the money qualifiers that are kind of close in region to Phoenix. You know, I'll play with WM. I'll play farmers out in out in California, you know, the the SA Safeway whatever that's called now, so you know, if you here and there until at least until they're around, I guess, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Jim a couple of close calls in Fall twenty four, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Fall twenty four, Yeah, up and up in Napa, I played really well. Uh, and then and then in Utah yeah, Utah, Yeah, I missed by one in Utah and Las Vegas, So I was kind of I was kind of bummed about that, but playing really good golf. Still, I'm still happy to be shot sixty one a coror Oude Open, So I mean, hey, it's still there.
Speaker 4: Still there can burn it up. You've played a ton of Monday qualifiers, and Marty, i'd like your your kind of thoughts on this as well. But what, like, you know, so many people look at them. Obviously, everybody follows Ryan on Instagram and on Twitter, and he's a great job kind of chronicling Monday qualifiers and people trying to get into events. You go on the first tea of a Monday qualifier, like where's your head at versus playing a four day golf tournament? You know, is it? Is it like you know, a closer in baseball coming out and just trying to throw his arm out for you know, two innings or one inning, or like, how do you approach a money qualifier versus an Arizona Open or a car Rude Open?
Speaker 2: Completely different, completely different than than a tournament tournament round. I mean you probably agree with this, Marty, and that you step on the first tee and a lot of times you know that you're gonna have to shoot seven eight, potentially nine hunder par when I'm starting. When I'm starting a tournament, I know it's potentially three rounds or four rounds, and the main goal is to not make many mistakes. In a Monday qualifier. If you make a mistake, that's fine, You're probably just not gonna Munday qualify. I mean four players for a BJ Tour qualifier, three for WM out of however many one hundred. You gotta be. You gotta be on fire that day. You gotta be. You gotta feel it. You gotta make a lot of putts. You gotta make a lot of birdies. There might be a mistake here and there. That's fine. It just means you're not gonna make it. But in a tournament, I'm trying to limit the number of mistakes that I make over the over the of course of the tournament. Would you agree with.
Speaker 3: That, I'm in a Monday qualifier. It's a binary result. You're either the jury or out. Yeah, you're playing. You're playing a four round tournament. You know if you don't win, you know it's it's hard rare to win. So you know, your risk calculus changes you know, basically right from a strategy standpoint.
Speaker 4: Interesting, I mean, you know you you think, like, do you guys like cut up the who holes like you're playing eighteen holes and it's like, all right, I need to be one under through three, or I need to be a couple under through three, or or break it up that way or is it just simply you know, foot on the pedal, let's go.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, that's a good question. I think. I think you kind of know in your mind that the horse the holes that you can score.
Speaker 1: On, right, like the poor five short part four or someone like that.
Speaker 2: Part five short, part four us. I think in the case of I play when I was up in Utah, I was I was like one under through eight or something like that. Nothing crazy, but I'm thinking, Okay, now I gotta now, I gotta kind of step on the gas a little bit, make the turn it I think I made the turn of two under. I'm going, okay, I gotta get things going. So you still, I'm you're still kind of calculating in my mind. I have this weird sense of like I know what the number is gonna be even while I'm playing.
Speaker 1: Like nailing it, Like you feel like you always get incredible.
Speaker 2: I'm super good, so weird, Marty.
Speaker 1: Marty said, this is like there's worst golf and you're saying that's your best guard. Was very interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even this Utah one, I'm going I'm I'm thinking it's gonna be a it's gonna be eight, and I'm standing on the last hole at six. I'm going, well, if I birdie at least, maybe i'll be at sat. You know, I'll be at seven. Maybe there's a chance. Well I roll it in for birdie and I get to the clubhouse and I'm still in the playoff currently, last group comes in eight on.
Speaker 1: Eight and I get nailed it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Marty, what is what does Jim do so well in terms of the way he plays? Like what you've You've played a lot of golf with him, You've seen him up close in personal and tournament golf. Like, what does what does he do that impresses you?
Speaker 3: Driving the golf ball? Well, I mean the two staples driving the ball. So Jim's got a high ball speed one eight, you know, high one seventies, one eighty ish ball speed with the driver and hits it high. Okay, so he's got the towering trajectory that you're like, I wish I could do that. Uh, and then he rolls the rock. I mean, his putting is absolutely incredible.
Speaker 1: That what you say, that's the best part of your game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree with that. Those are probably the two strongest parts of my game, and in rolling the rock is number one. That's that's Honestly, when I came out of college and I needed things to work on, I was watching these mini tour guys down here in Phoenix, I was I was competing against them. One of the things I need to do better drive the ball better, longer, and make more putts. And that's that's what I did. And I would say putting is now my number one.
Speaker 1: What putter you got in the back right now?
Speaker 2: I still use an old school ping vault two point zero Dale answer that I believe our co host designed over here.
Speaker 1: Is that right.
Speaker 3: I haven't done many putters, but I did do all the design and cat work on that Dale answer, which is really fun. And yeah, no, Jim didn't even know that. But that's the putter.
Speaker 4: We'll throw a photo up if you're watching this on YouTube so you get a feel for the putter. How long has it been in the bag.
Speaker 2: It's been in there, oh gosh, probably since twenty eighteen, So what is that? You know, well, six years. So I was playing at a conventional length for a year, and then I think right around there was a time when like Bubba was using the armlock putter. If you remember this, he went to I think it was the Arna model, and he was just he was rolling pretty well. It wasn't it didn't stay in his back very long. But that was also the time when Coocher was rolling armlock, and I mean he just absolutely rolled everything in. I was on the PGA tour at that point or early in twenty nineteen, and I was going, hey, you know, Tony, can I experiment with this? You know, do we have anything available? So I let Antnia at Serrano, our designer. He was out at Innisbrook in Tampa. There. I was playing the Valspar Championship and so we were just messing around with it. It felt, it felt amazing. I already had the shaft angle aligned with my forearm, so then I and I already had a bit of a forward press, so both of those things. Then you just extend the shaft a little bit longer in the grip and put it against your arm and bow. You got an armlock putter, so it came really naturally to me. And then anything inside eight feet, you know, ten feet just feels almost automatic.
Speaker 3: Scary to play somebody like that, Marty, Yeah, Jim's putting is I remember that at the WM a year ago you made this pot on eighteen I think you described any interview as drippy.
Speaker 2: You know, just the speed is just a great way to put it.
Speaker 3: It's so perfect. It was drippy.
Speaker 4: Let's lean in your work at Ping because I'm interested in what you've done the last year. So can you kind of explain to people what your role is, what you do, how maybe your day to day looks in week to week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really fun role here at Ping. Thanks so, Marty. He kind of he kind of brought me in with a broad spectrum of responsibilities, which is really cool for me. I get to see a lot of the different part of the company. I get to work with the design engineers, I get to work with ant I get to work with engineering, I get to work with the fitters, I get to work with the education team. So I would I would break my role up into kind of three chunks, being fitting performance, kind of working on the tools on the back end that our accounts can use it, our national accounts can use to help fit the average golfer better. And part of that is designing new tools. I'm working on a really cool tool that are internal master fitter putter fitters can use when people come in the lab. So that's really exciting working with the education team team when accounts come in account visitations, getting the knowledge for the new product that's coming out, and then also helping on the back end with with our digital UH education platform called ping Academy that you know, that's a big that's a big thing for them. They can go on there and learn about the new product and and about our fitting foundations. That's another thing I've been working on. And then the third the third thing being just kind of jack of all trades. I'm just you know, if Paul, doctor Paul Wood comes to me, hey can you do this? Yes, you know, we we ran an awesome putter study with a sports psychologist measuring brain activity that was really cool. Anything Marty brings to me, you know, Okay, can you do this tour research? Hey can you do these player tests? Hey? Can you you know, run over to.
Speaker 1: Like do you pick up lunch sometimes? And I feel like you're I mean, it hasn't come to that. Have you ever been bored.
Speaker 2: Ever?
Speaker 1: It's like, what do you do everything?
Speaker 4: And I'm like, I do almost everything if asked, And by the way, that's a good way to be in the first year at a job.
Speaker 1: Can I do this? Sure, I'll do it, and maybe i'll goog go ahead on the back end, but I'll do it exactly.
Speaker 2: My answer is just yes, yes, yes, I can do that.
Speaker 4: It's a big part of sports broadcasting too, like, hey, can you do baseball? You're like, oh, it's my favorite sport and you go home and you're like, what is baseball? I think, I don't know what this is, but I could handle it. Marty, How has it been, I mean, how did how did the conversation go when you guys were chatting about potential work at paying And how has it been the last year together?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, I think with Jim. I mean, to be honest, it's there's been a few times where we've had that conversation over your career. You know, I don't know if it didn't just happen last year, It didn't just happen. You know, I think a few years into the mini tours, maybe it's kind of like, hey, you know, you know, I should I keep this thing going. And then Jim then it got on the corn Ferry and it's like, Okay, I don't need to talk to Jim for a few years. He's good.
Speaker 2: Mark's been a really good mentor for me in that aspect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then Jim gets on the PGA Tour. It's like, Okay, I really don't need to talk to him for a while. But then yeah, I mean, obviously I think I think Jim got a little unlucky with some wrist injuries and things of that nature that you know. Yeah, it was kind of like, okay, we kind of stayed in touch a little bit having that conversation, and it was during the fall of twenty three as Jim talked about where he got a little bit more serious, like, hey, you know, three kids, it's time to kind of think about a transition. I love Jim's approach, which is no golfer ever really retires from golf, right, you know, it's kind of like, Jim had this amazing PGA Tour, corn Fairy career, It's time for the next phase of this thing. Let's help let's help build someat build and fits some great golf equipment, keep playing? Why not?
Speaker 2: It's right?
Speaker 4: Hey, I mean, Marty, are you carving out a space for him? Is there a role that he fits into? Or when you have somebody coming your way that obviously has an elite level of play and a great knowledge of the game and obviously went to an amazing school, like, can you carve out a space for him within the team?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think that's a good question. I think Jim described his role. It's kind of a choose your own adventure role. What we want to maximize for Jim. You know, he's spent ten years out there on the tour with all the little nuance of playing the game, which I admire, and I have a lot to learn. You're asking Jim questions. I'm like tuned in, like what's the answer to qualifiers? But yeah, we wanted to create a situation for Jim to like learn, So how do we maximize his learning? And that's the kind of the scenarios in here, looking backward at about exactly one year now, Jim is give him in a spot where he can learn where see where he has the most interest. It's been kind of in the putter space, putter fitting, putter design, brain wave stuff. I mean that's you know, he's such a good putter, that's kind of where he's he's naturally gravitating towards. But yeah, no, that's been that's been been the spot. And we have him in a role where he's on that our ping academy team. This is our team that teaches all of our fitters how we fit here, kind of educates him on new product. So there's also this philosophy in teaching is where you do the most learning. So that's also where we've had Jim kind of lined up.
Speaker 1: Where did hard k come from? When did that start?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Nickname came about really in my professional career when I came down here to play the Gateway Tour. You guys probably remember remember.
Speaker 5: The on the Gateway Tour Back in the day, I was a Gateway Tour boy on the gate I absolutely lost money as well on the Gateway Tour. You know, you know, you know how there were like two people that played Gateway Tour. There were the people that took the checks home and the people that sent checks in. I sent the checks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear that. One of the starters, uh, you know, found out the pronunciation my name canals the hard K. So so from there on out, every time he you know, I come up to Hey, hard Ka, Hey, Jimmy hard k you know. And so when I got out on the tour, that kind of just stuck. Everybody's just calling me hard Kale over the plays.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: It's just kind of a nice it's a nice right.
Speaker 1: It is a great. It's a really really good thank you.
Speaker 4: How many many tours and tours do you think you've played on? Do you think you could even count them? Do you think it's like twelve? Uh No, I don't think it's that many. It's probably it's probably eight ish, you know, something like that, including Cornfery and PJ Tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I didn't. I didn't branch out a ton to be to be perfectly honest, I played Gateway Tour. My my granda parents live here in Phoenix, so right out of school I came down and lived with them. Played the Gateway Tour solely got me, you know, like what you were saying, I got my butt kicked by everybody does down here, just playing NonStop, which was good for me, my game got better because of that, and then then a little bit on the East Coast, but then mainly my goal was to get on the Corn Forry Tour on the PGA Tour. So it was a priority for me to play Corn Ferry Tour Q school every single year. Saved up money, you know, to play that every year, and finally got through i think five five years in twenty sixteen, got through fall of twenty sixteen on the Cornfory Tour.
Speaker 1: How many wins do you know the amount of wins you've had.
Speaker 2: It's probably it's probably in the ten to fifteen area somewhere in there. Pro wins. Nothing on the corp for your tour and PGA Tour, unfortunately, nothing yet. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got a future ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What's been some of your funnest moment or your the funnest moment on the most memorable moment on the PGA Tour.
Speaker 2: Most memorable moment on the PGA Tour for sure was Hole in one at Tory Pine South number three, Sunday Sunday Hole on one Tory Pines number three South, the picturesque you know, down hill hole and to boot I'm playing that hole with with Sung JM and Mark Leaschmann. Great group following Tigers group. Tiger's playing that was twenty nineteen. He's playing. There's like two hundred thousand people there. He's playing number six, which, if you know, the course goes back right, but the t the teaser right there. This this whole area is.
Speaker 1: Just catching yeah way too.
Speaker 2: And we're right in front of Ricky and JT. So they got a massive crowd right behind us. So I hit this shot and it's just a beautiful curving, you know, just a slight draw. I played this nice little draw penskin on the right side, bounces once, kind of trickles three feet and go in, and I mean people just went crazy, and I went crazy too. And I had a friend playing with Tiger and he supposedly gave me like a little clap clap, and you know, hey, I'm just saying that he said that happened. But I take I throw the clock, I take off running down the hill, if you know. And I'm just I'm doing the high five line. You know, everybody's just there. I'm just high five all the way to the hole. It was best moment by far on the PGA tour that it it. You know, I bought some beverages for the clubhouse afterwards, so that that put me back a little bit, but it was worth it. I mean it was incredible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, can we talk about the hole in one rule, about the buying the drinks?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, I don't love it. I do think that it should be switched. I do feel like you should be rewarded for the one.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I get the idea that you had something great happen, so you can kind of celebrate with everybody.
Speaker 1: Else, But shouldn't you.
Speaker 4: You know, like everything else you do successful in sport, you're the person that receives accolades.
Speaker 3: Right, then there's the interns thing, you can do it in your club and all that. I mean, then it gets all complicated.
Speaker 4: So complicated, so complicated Europe, and then will be good exactly. Well, Jim, it's been great chatting obviously, h I know everybody at PING has been pop fired up to have you here, what a resource you are, and obviously we're going to continue to root for you in terms of your playing as well, because, uh, it seems like you're still hungry, it seems like you're still interested in Oh, absolutely, compeding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, and thank you for having me today. And like I said, I just gotta I just gotta be good enough to beat Marty. I mean that's that's really what it comes down to. It's gonna be hard looking back on twenty four.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna be easy the way that the way that Marty's playing, in the way that Marty is training. But uh, the hard K, the hard K, the man. Fun to have you on the podcast. This is the Ping Proven Grounds Podcast.