Speaker 1: Ms lip service. I'm Angela.
Speaker 2: Ye, I'm Gg Maguire, I'm Jeordie, I'm jazz Renee.
Speaker 1: Yes you are, ye you listen. We were having such a great conversation because, first of all, you know, I already automatically love anybody from Brooklyn, and Dvini's from Brooklyn like me, and we met before at Nati's wedding. We were both at her wedding, by the way, one of the most amazing weddings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really nice.
Speaker 1: Didn't make you think about your own.
Speaker 4: Definitely, definitely, Yeah, but I don't think I will be that extravagant.
Speaker 1: It was. I mean, it was nice. It was at the same regions in Atlanta. It was it was a beautiful, beautiful ceremony. I remember right after it happened, you talked about it for a minute. Yeah, it was. It was great. Yeah, and it was like I always wondered what guys are thinking at weddings, Like you know, as women, we automatically.
Speaker 5: Don't catch the bouquet.
Speaker 1: Well, guess what the it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't a real day, Yeah, actually.
Speaker 6: Didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she might actually get married.
Speaker 1: She cut the bouquet, and then there was those y'all talked about it already, so it's not a big deal. But you were super cool, so I could see why it was fun for her to work with you on BMF. So that was nice shout out. I was like, oh, he's nice, because sometimes, yeah, you can meet somebody and be like I don't even want it. But he was super cool, so I appreciate that. Yes, and I saw you were at the next game court side recently.
Speaker 3: Right, that was my first court side game. What Yeah, it was just crazy.
Speaker 7: Not the Nets to Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: I mean, the Nets is not really Brooklyn, Jersey.
Speaker 1: The Nets is Brooklyn, definitely.
Speaker 3: No, it's Brooklyn now. But I'm just saying, but it's been Jersey, New Yorker, you know, like the next is like that's the Yankees.
Speaker 1: The Nets is like the Nets side seats at the next than it is to get court side seats at I love my Nets though, but it is a hard thing to get them next court because that team has been around for so long. So how was that for you? I saw everybody was there too.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, it was great, Honestly, I was I was like a little kid in the candy store. I was like, I was sitting down shout out to Julie because Julie is the one who hooked me.
Speaker 3: Up with the tickets, but.
Speaker 1: Everybody called Juliet to Julie had the last name.
Speaker 3: It was dope.
Speaker 4: Like I'm just like sitting there and looking down and you see Spike Lee, you see Tracy Morgan, you see Emma Roberts.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yo, this is like crazy. Like everybody was there, you.
Speaker 4: Know, And I was like and sometimes being in that position because this is like so new, I'm like, damn, like do I really like I really like here with these people? Like like when Spike Lee he was leaving, he said what up to me? I was like, yo, like that's Spike Lee.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he'd be at them gay.
Speaker 3: When when Cat Karl Anthony Towns.
Speaker 4: Like he just came, he was like, Yo, what up my boy? I was like, yo, bro, this felt like you ever seen the show Entge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, Like that's like I felt. I was like, damn, this is crazy.
Speaker 6: You know made it.
Speaker 1: Man, what's been your most surreal experience? You would say, because you've like managed to I mean and well deserved, been in amazing positions, and I want to say, like starting with grown ish up to where you are now. It hasn't been what has it been like seven years? That's not like a super long time. And I feel like you are like so much.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that man, And that's honestly, that's all about the grace of God.
Speaker 3: Shout out to God for that. And I just I just try to be a.
Speaker 4: Servant and do my due diligence because I know if I act up, you know, someone else to take my position for sure, because nothing. It's really God that I'm in this position. But it's the most surreal moment.
Speaker 3: Honestly. It's just.
Speaker 4: I think when I was working with fifth, like I was like, Yo, no, you're working with fifty. I was like, Yo, this is crazy. Like when we took a private jet to Detroit the film and like I'm sitting right here, fifty is right there, and I remember the whole time, like, Yo, this.
Speaker 6: Is really is really my life.
Speaker 4: Like I used to like the fifty was like such an icon in my house and my oldest brother we used to call him like twenty five cent and just the way he influenced our culture so much, you know, like everyone wanted to be fifty. I'm like, yo, this niggas right here. And then I started doing an instant story and I was like, yo, its first time, Jess. I'm like, you know what, I'm trying to be cool. And then he hopped in my story. He just randomly cameround me and I was like, yo, bro, this was like crazy. I think that was like a moment that had me like and I remember one time someone also my boy hit me. He was like, yo, bro, guess who followed you. I was like, oh, he was like Drake, I said, stopped fucking playing. He's like I was like what, And I looked. I was like, yo, like that's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's so fun. Does he still follow you?
Speaker 3: The fact that Drake.
Speaker 1: He was like, let me not post not like us, because I'm not.
Speaker 4: Even if he was to following the fact that he Yeah, I'm like, just like, people can say what they want. But with witnessing a living legend like the records that he broke rap wise, it's like his numbers are not comparable to anyone else in a rap Kindergary.
Speaker 1: It's crazy how people are like down playing him and counting him out and have so many things to say when he really did accomplish a lot. But it just shows that. Yeah. I mean, he's broken all kinds of records and still shows that people be brought and Dick from the right.
Speaker 6: Team Drake and I'm still team Drake.
Speaker 3: I'll go too concert any day.
Speaker 5: People really down playing them break.
Speaker 2: You know, I think everybody still realizes that Drake is Drake. I just think with that whole attitude, I think that they have that time.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like, realistically, you win some you lose something.
Speaker 2: But I don't think that that discredits Drake for who he is now.
Speaker 8: People don't trying to count him out because Pop on tour next month and it's still going to.
Speaker 1: Be absolutely but think about people he was super cool with that was like you know, and we've seen it happen, like you saw the Toronto rapt this day, like he can't get on the mic for a year because you know whatever, But well no, because of who was it, DeMar DeRozan. He said something about him because that was his friend. But then you know, I guess Drake like went at him because he's dancing, yeah at the concert, yeah, crip walking to not like I mean, but it's like.
Speaker 2: Not like us just do that to you though, you know, what I'm saying. And I'm a Drake fan as well.
Speaker 3: Right, it's a good but I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I Like, if Drake was my man and like we really chill, we go out and we party, and his opposition made a song that was like a bop like this, right, I would not be Okay.
Speaker 3: It's not loyal no more.
Speaker 4: Bro, if I rock with you, even if you're wrong, I'm still your back, Like you know what I'm saying. But I'm gonna tell you closed doors, Like, Bro, you got you.
Speaker 3: But I'm never gonna like that.
Speaker 1: But what are you both people? Because a lot of people did you know what I'm saying? It's I think also, I was say, in the industry, friendship is a like you might think you're friends with somebody, but it's an industry friendship and friendship, right, And that's true. Like, I know there's certain people if I wasn't if I was, like you know, in fact, that's gonna run my coffee shop. They don't give up, they won't give a fuck about me. Like to keep it real, you know, I would friends.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 8: You know that's funny because Drake does have a song called no Friends in the industry.
Speaker 6: Right, no friends in the industry.
Speaker 2: It's hard to really see people really be friends in the industry. You know, friends is a term that's.
Speaker 5: Just throughout there, like in America.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my friend. You know, people need to use more words like associate that you're not my associate.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 2: With somebody, but I don't feel like they're on that level for me to be like this is.
Speaker 5: My friend, because see, your friend really cares.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I like to say my homegirl.
Speaker 6: Okay, homegirl, homegirl, like a friend you think so?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: You know, like there's more than a friend homegirl.
Speaker 6: I think it's you're saying less.
Speaker 3: Oh you're saying its more friend.
Speaker 5: I think the word friend is deeper than home.
Speaker 4: Homegirls like bro like you can't to my crib, like that's my home.
Speaker 5: Look at it.
Speaker 6: I take I take a friend so serious, but your friend is like friends. I feel like friend is like you didn't been in my house and we are really like tight. You know you know my real name, yeah type time. People can't read that. It looks like a different lage. It is probably shout out to my parents. They on there to G. G.
Speaker 1: Maguire legally, changed the Da Vinci middle name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was born with no middle.
Speaker 1: Names but no middle name, but you like, okay. We were trying to figure it out earlier, trying to change his name to j elect legally like.
Speaker 3: Electronica. Yeah, he was thinking.
Speaker 6: Yeah he did that.
Speaker 5: What made you legally change your name to da Vinci?
Speaker 6: Just middle name?
Speaker 3: Didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't have a middle name, so my first name is nothing is just so instead were just like I.
Speaker 1: Was like, you know what, let me give myself a middle so you made it legally middle Yeah. How is it when people that knew you growing up want to call you by like your you know, your first name? Does that bout you know? How some people get trying to act like I know him, know him, that's.
Speaker 4: My homeboy, Like I know that, but that's aj Like I just like I like Aje.
Speaker 3: I'll just tell them like bro in public, just just go.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: For me, I don't like when my family called me Gig. I don't call me that. Don't I'm still coffee like, don't break Yeah. But I also don't like when I meet a guy and I'm like, oh, my name is Gig whatever And then a couple of days or weeks go by and he learns it, and now you want to start calling me coffee night, like you know, know mely like that.
Speaker 1: If I introduced to you myself as GG, then we're gonna stick with GG facts and you probably can you pronounce it right anyway, so don't even try. How do you, yeah, how do you make that transition when you're with somebody like seriously to be like you could call me by coffee when.
Speaker 6: It really gets to that point. What's that point? Like love, like really together, like it's really a thing. And then still don't call me that. You know, I was with your friend for fifteen years he still called me gg. I mean twelve, it is. But the thing is, it's been it's been mispronounced. Like for instance, my daughter is twenty eight years old. I've known her grandparents for thirty years. Them people, good girl.
Speaker 3: Thank you girl.
Speaker 6: Youm people still call me cafe. Their whole family. They have that, his parents, the sister. They called me and I answer. He's like, hey, I answered the cafe out of respect. I've never corrected them.
Speaker 8: They've been calling me cafe for thirty years, and my cafe okay, but it's coffee.
Speaker 6: And when you read it. You know, people don't really know how to pronounce it, so we just stick with where you're from. I'm originally from Philly. The name is Hindu Coffee. Ooh, I'm saying a lot. Let me know, yeah a f I oh that's cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like see.
Speaker 4: I like it sounds like cofee, like coffee, just with a French accent.
Speaker 1: Now, I tell you talk about being on Broadway and playing the character of Lust, and you said that was nothing like who you really are, right right, Yeah, But I do want to say I feel like for you growing up, didn't girls always like you even aside from all of.
Speaker 3: This, Yeah, yeah, for for sure.
Speaker 4: Like I was, I was like I didn't have a well when I went to high school. High school was tough because I got I sent to Florida with my father because I was getting in trouble. So I got the rested when I was thirteen, and I was like a juvenile the linkud. So I was just doing bad shit. So when I started living with my pops, I went to all Way High School and over there, it was different, Like girls were saying stuff like yo, like I would date you, but like my parents were like hanging to both of us.
Speaker 1: Right, Dad, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Friend.
Speaker 4: I was kind of like he was kind of like damn, Like I'm in a different environment and it's like and then you would like talk to him like some girls like they have a conversation with you, but then they're just like it's like gotta be like low key if it's.
Speaker 3: You know, like yeah, yeah, it was just weird.
Speaker 4: It was like yeah, and I was like, then people really still live like this, and that's like I didn't know like New.
Speaker 1: York was not really like that at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's such yeah exactly, but it's like there's places like and I was in the area in Florida that's not like Miami Orlando, Florida. That was like middle of nowhere, like it's the south right, you know what I'm saying to where it's just like you go to the wrong area that you.
Speaker 3: Might see blacks only, like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but basically like it was like certain like it was in the central like the middle, like but like the Horse Capital like you see, like it was it was how.
Speaker 1: Would your dad have people at home a white girl or your mom?
Speaker 3: My parents did?
Speaker 4: We don't care about that, Like it's like them being you know, they're not from this country, like they never raised this in our group, our family, which is so mixed. It's like it I think this concept of racism is so big in America, which it makes a lot of sense as to why, because it's systemic racism and what happens with you know, transit learning, slaves, trade. But the whole like racism is just a social construct that's not a real thing, Like black and white people are basically the same thing, like our skeleton, Like from our skeleton alone, you can't tell the difference. This whole thing is just it's just a political gain And honestly, it was just used to justify the hainus crimes it was doing black people. So they're trying to make white people feel better by pinning them against us and saying, oh, we're biologically inferior, we don't feel pain, we don't do this, we're a beasts where this and that and all these different things are justified. But at one point in America, black and white people was also teaming up together and trying to destroy the elite whites, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So we were buddies and the elite whites was like yo, we need to stop this. Like if they come together like we're done so then like you know, the whole concept of whiteness and blackness started coming out of that, and they started making the poor white people be like, no, you're still better than the blacks because they definite.
Speaker 3: They started making them own us.
Speaker 4: But it's just like but it was just a game being played just to keep this ship in order, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So it's like, but some countries, like we.
Speaker 4: Don't look at it, like like my mom wouldn't care if I brought a cricket home.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, it's because in Haiti, I feel like there's a son.
Speaker 5: I can't bring no cricket home.
Speaker 3: I take that. Yeah, but anything any color, they won't care.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because in Haiti, I feel like there's a lot of colorism. And we've always heard about the issues with Haiti and dr you know that's facts. Yeah, and I feel like there's a lot of colorism there, like when it comes to people feeling like oh, darker skin and lighter skin.
Speaker 4: You know, So that's true, that's rue, It is there, But it's just like you have different classes of like like usually the most popular story. It's not the ones from like the educated people, Like there's some just like this. There's a lot of educated people in this country, but that's not the story that get told. Like for instance, a lot of times when European see black people, you know, they have this preconceived notion about us based off the interviews and the TV shows and.
Speaker 10: People people all over around the world, right, but exactly to your next door neighbor, and they're white, they have this notion of you based off what like the media takes a percentage of black people, make that seem like it's the majority.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: You can't speak English, you know, we can't do this.
Speaker 4: And they have certain people that don't even know anything about politics talking about certain political issues, and people are looking at it like, oh my god, my god, these black people are ignorant. But it's like, no, you asked the right nigga that question, and that's what goes right exactly.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I just think, like, so even the colorism over there, it's just that ignorant story is just the story that's being told.
Speaker 3: But some people are just way more educated above that.
Speaker 4: My parents are, like they're educated so it's like certain things that was like that I've been hearing.
Speaker 3: I'm be like, what bro, Like, that's not even bro. It's just he wasn't.
Speaker 1: Raised properly because I just think I taught in Washington Heights for a little while when I was in college, and Washington Heights is a neighborhood that's it's like predominantly Dominican. And there was one Haitian kid in the class that I have him, yes, and when I tell you, they gave him hell, Like I used to be like, I just want to like help him, you know what I'm saying, because it was really tough for him because he was the only black kid in the class. And I didn't really realize because I'm from New York, so you know, we like, I know, in Detroit. I don't think Detroit has like a big Dominican or it's not really like big.
Speaker 2: It's as far as like outside of black Detroit. It's a lot of mixed people.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's like Mexican Town and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of Mexicans.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I didn't realize how bad like that was until I was in this school teaching and I saw how badly they treated this kid, you know what I'm saying, And so that's honestly, but unfortunately they learned that, you know, that's like I learned behavior said. They hear it home from their parents because they were in sixth grade. So it's not like these are things. Yeah, these are things that are taught, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 4: And the thing is the funniest thing about the beef between Dominicans and Asian is the dumb thing because they both made of the same thing.
Speaker 3: He's made of slave masters having sex with slaves.
Speaker 4: That's why we're all different shapes and colors and sizes, you know what I'm saying. It's like, you could be you look Haitian. Julie could be Haitian. You could be Haitian. I can be Hatian. Anyone in here could be Asian, anyone in here could be Dominican. So it's just it's so like it's it's so dumb.
Speaker 3: Ignorant.
Speaker 5: The slave masters love them some, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: They loved it because they were sneaking out the big White house going out back and.
Speaker 6: The women show.
Speaker 1: Let's be clear, the women, the wives.
Speaker 5: He was sleeping with the slaves.
Speaker 4: God, yes, and their baby.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 8: I think my great Granda was one of those and he was left on the steps of his family, which are the Jordans, and they adopted him. So we don't actually know where that part of the family goes because we think.
Speaker 5: A story like that too.
Speaker 2: They say down my family line, somebody slip with the slave master had a baby because I got like mixed great.
Speaker 4: Grandparents absolutely, like all of us like that, like all of us. It's like, it's so crazy how it makes me like so to hate the other.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, yeah, it's like, bro, you just thinking like an animal right now. You know, it's so interesting to me. We were talking about this earlier because we love Love Island Jordan and she's a huge fan.
Speaker 8: Just this this last season was doing it for me. My friend was the whole so I was like, I need to support it with So you.
Speaker 1: Did a whole thing right with an interview with Yeah, have you ever watched that show? Do you watch any of those shows?
Speaker 4: Like I would never watch that, Like you've got to watch this, yeah, Like it's just.
Speaker 1: Like, what what do you watch for fun? Come on?
Speaker 3: Point?
Speaker 4: I mean I read a lot and I read scripture a lot, and I try to like watch things that's honestly that's positive to my brain, you know, and it just helps me. I think we we consume a lot of things that's to our detriment, so I try to limit that. So like everything that I consume now, like honestly, it's it's pretty positive.
Speaker 1: You're right, though, Love Island. Dude, be feeling viitious.
Speaker 6: I'm like, works your own work.
Speaker 4: Nah, well by myself. I will watch it just to critique certain things, but I hate seeing myself from you.
Speaker 6: I never watched this. I never watched You don't know. I'm here what I need to watch it for. Like if somebody else else wants to watch it and they're like, oh can you please you know episode, then I'll go back and watch it. But I'm not at home, like oh, lip service game, I'll let me watch that.
Speaker 5: I was here.
Speaker 6: I need you to you want me to start watching I am. I don't want.
Speaker 2: To play any and everything in you go back and watch I watch that ship with binoculars.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, you like yourself a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love meection, so I critique myself.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do my worst critic. That's what I don't watch because I don't want to create. That's what I have to watch my anxiety. It's like playing football to watch like you know, watch the place like this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely for learning purposes, like I would watch, but like to just watch.
Speaker 1: Have you ever dated somebody and they were like, let's watch b MFTR group. You want to be like, Okay, she's a fan and she's like, no, you don't want your person you're dating to be a fan to.
Speaker 4: I think I think that you're like you want them to be a friend. Like I think it's like no, if you if you're a fanatic, then it's just like when we go certain places and it's like then there's gonna be other people you know, and it's like that's I think. Well, I mean, I don't want to say I love my fans. I love fans, but I just think you've never been with a fan.
Speaker 7: Then I'm guessing that he.
Speaker 8: Knows because you know that secretly he probably never been with one, but he's been with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't know both.
Speaker 3: This is what it's called service.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's a good thing. No, uh no, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Usually I go places to where nobody have TVs at every party.
Speaker 1: Ghost face, Goddamn, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: He said that if I was a man, if I was a man too like and then I'm like, you know, or like in the bring, I would be I mean you know what I'm saying, Like, I would kind of be scared of the fans because I feel like fans they're gonna do something like you know what I'm saying, right, You're gonna Yeah, They're gonna they're gonna expose you. They might set you up, and if they get pregnant, they keeping that baby. See, men don't really have the choice of the baby coming.
Speaker 1: That's the fact.
Speaker 5: So if I was a.
Speaker 3: Pro life, now I have.
Speaker 5: To put two kindoms.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I don't know if that's not too At this point, you're feeling ship, don't do it?
Speaker 1: Okay? Your character on B m F is so iconic for people. Do people like approach you like you are absolutely Southwest?
Speaker 4: He like all the time, wh people be telling me that criminal stories like they be like yo, bro, like like yeah, and they start telling me the ship that they did like me too whatever, And I'm like, brokay, keep that ship to you. I'll be telling them that I'm telling you, like just like just.
Speaker 3: Because if you're telling me this ship, then now I know about the crime.
Speaker 1: So but there is a statute of limitations. Maybe it's like over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true, but it's just like I don't even want to hear because then because then when you like tell me more, you're like interested than they just keep going, keep going, And really I was like probably three and.
Speaker 3: I don't three right, Like it's like I really like don't like.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's cool, like just to see that, but I'll be like, bro, like just keep that to yourself.
Speaker 3: Mind like we can talk by anything else, Just keep that part to yourself.
Speaker 1: I feel like lately you've been getting cast it in a lot of like more like romantic type of roles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you like that?
Speaker 1: Do you like those?
Speaker 4: It's it's good because I do like projects that shows the beauty between like a man and a woman, a family nucleus. I think in a black community, we promote so much promiscuity and things that have nothing to do with family, and that's actually like greatly destroying us. I think family is one of the strongest relationships a man or a woman can have outside of the relationship with God. So to see projects that is promoting that, it's that's also promoting peace, health balance, you know, like the mental health crisis. The reason why it's becoming so crazy is because, like so I sat down with the certain General the United States of Americas and this guy I didn't know what he was for, but last year he reached out to me to do the second leg of his tour and do his last stop. And he's basically like the voice of the US when it comes to like, you know, speaking about certain mandates that's somewhere centered around health, could be physically, mentally, spirit whatever, Right, So, you know, we were having a conversation, sitting down talking and when I was looking at the numbers a lot of things and that we were talking about, I was like, Yo, this is just crazy that when I looked at obviously my people, specifically black and brown, I was just like, bro, like everything we consume is actually poison. And I'm just like yall, Like it's like so like if you could if you could be at the third party or just from an outside perspective looking and you're just seeing dots or you're just looking at it as just objects and animate objects, you would be like, Okay, this group, whatever it is, it's cancerous. And but the thing is, but it's not fault because during a reconstruction era in this country, it's like black people are outpacing white people economically, you know. So it's like but then when it was burning everything down, so obviously it's not like it's us that's wanting to do that. But because that's what we get praised for, that's what we get rewarded for, so we keep perpetuating that.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting you say that because I was thinking about my show right on Way Up with the Angela. Yea. I have a segment called tell Us a Secret, and people call it and the whole point when I started this, it was like a judgment free zone. People be calling in with the craziest secrets and I can't help what people say. But I also do Wealth Wednesdays. I also do like my advice. I do a lot of other things, but that is what people are most drawn to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I love.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. But it's interesting to me because then sometimes people will watch that and see that, and that's what goes viral. Like literally right now, I have one that has like one point five million views in two days.
Speaker 3: US gossip.
Speaker 1: But it's like people calling in and it was like a confessions things anonymous confession.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like what like, so what was the confession that went like.
Speaker 5: Tell him today?
Speaker 1: Today's The one that went viral first is the one where she had a kid with her boyfriend's dad and so that we had a baby with her baby daddy. No, that's not her baby daddy. Her boyfriends.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry dad, she.
Speaker 5: Had aid, but the boyfriend think it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the boyfriend thinks that was the secret.
Speaker 6: That's really it's really his brother. His brother is really his brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so but to me, the whole point like, wow, I won't tell you what today's was because if you took glasses off of that, oh you got to tell keep that today's was really crazy. But I wanted to say she was like girl, But I want to say this, right, I can do like all these things with what I have experts that come in on finance and that it doesn't get the traction that are telling it. That's not me.
Speaker 6: They love doing that.
Speaker 1: That's what people are. And people will see that and be like, oh my god, this is you don't do anything but this is like, now I do this is only three times a week, got to do this? I have all these other segments and like, but no one cares about that.
Speaker 4: And then the algorithms actually push it more. So when it's something that is that negative, like, the algorithms actually push it more. If you is to make a post saying some wild shit right about like you can say anything like like let's say like me and Vince she has sex, We'll go crazy. But if you said me and a Vince she is talking about financial literacy to people that's in college, you're teaching them.
Speaker 6: That turns down right.
Speaker 2: When you in the car it's eight am, you riding the work not saying I can relate, but if I could, if I was to the car on the way to work eight am. I want to hear the secret, right, I want to hear something that's going to happen.
Speaker 3: It's at eight a m.
Speaker 6: In the morning and they go to work.
Speaker 3: That's the first thing you want in your brain.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm listening to music, but if I'm turning on the radio, I want to hear something that's going to have my mind boggled.
Speaker 1: Like and clearly a majority of people, yeah, go.
Speaker 2: First of all, I still on my way to work. You pray that, you pray upon the wake up, you pray when you lay, when you lift it when you lift, and prayers left and afterwards you.
Speaker 1: Hear like, now I want to say this because Jazz Renee she's on Okay, So I don't know if you have. I kind of have a feeling that you don't.
Speaker 2: You don't know because it's the first of all, and I'm a mother first, but still, like you know, I'm also a girl too, and you know, gossip a little something of tea.
Speaker 5: It's entertainment, but that's becas not my life.
Speaker 1: That's what I like.
Speaker 6: It's not me, it's them.
Speaker 2: They're telling they damn secrets and they want to get on here and tell their secrets.
Speaker 1: Honest conversation about this because I know you don't have the Zoos network. I could tell already, but I am profile. So Dad's Rene's on Battye's Midwest, right, But that's know, that's not how I know her on me for years and I actually hit that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's like I'm assuming it's beautiful woman from Midwest in America, middle of America, something like that.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like people like themental about that if that's how they know you from, because clearly she's had her own following in Detroit already, like as an entrepreneur, you know, as an artist also.
Speaker 2: Because I mean I came on Baddie's Midwest with almost a half a million followers. I came on there with my platform you know, already built. So Batties is in addition to jazz rename, it's, you know, another line.
Speaker 5: Of work for me. It's not the first thing I've done. It's not the last, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about it now that you've done it?
Speaker 2: I think that being a part of the Batties franchise, I feel like, yes, it can be you know, a judgment of things. People will pass judgment on some of the Batties where that's all they are. You get what I'm saying, no shade, but some people were created on Batties. You know, they came on Batties without a platform. They had no you know what I'm saying, portfolio or past the compliments, accomplishments under their belt or anything like that. And some people on there, you know, they're acting crazy as hell. Now is it entertaining? Yes, it is, you feel me because I watched Batties before I was actually on there. But as far as me, I don't think that it's a big judgment on who I.
Speaker 3: Am, because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna talk about it episode, but for people me, but a.
Speaker 5: Great presence on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I go into trade, if I need something, I'm like Jasmine, I'm coming to the trade. I need to get X, Y and Z done And she would get it done like that, like everybody knows that. Everybody, Yeah he did it.
Speaker 6: West is nas new.
Speaker 2: But I've been on as for years and I said, I came on there with over four hundred thousand followers. I already had a fan base. I already had you know, my tribe already.
Speaker 3: Girl.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I do music, so I'm an artist.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I was a wilding out girl, right, you know, so I did things prior to that.
Speaker 6: So but what do you.
Speaker 1: Watch for fun?
Speaker 4: Well, I do want to say this, I'm not I hope I'm not judging.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not judging.
Speaker 4: I would be the first one thing like, I got a criminal past that I'm like judge.
Speaker 5: And I got good sense. So you can't. Yeah, so you can't really judge.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm I like to have fun and I talk ship, you know, right, I do have great sense at the end of the day, right, And you know, I knew what I was doing when I went on there. I knew what I was gonna do, what I knew what I wasn't gonna do. Because I'm a mother. First, I don't want to get all into me because it's the venture episode.
Speaker 5: Now he said, you got the rest of at thirteen, right, what you do?
Speaker 4: Well, okay, it was dealing stolen property, but that.
Speaker 5: Cart theft or being me.
Speaker 3: It was I mean breaking it. Okay, I don't want to promote that stuff. It was a dummy. I was just like yees, trying to find some money just to eat. You know, poverty is the mother of all crimes. I was trying and then just make some money.
Speaker 1: And I know that broke your mom's hard too, probably yeah I can't, but.
Speaker 4: Like, but the thing is, like, what really broke her is like recently, I was like, you know, the first time I saw drugs, I was the fifth grade, and she.
Speaker 1: Was just like, what, gret why did you tell her?
Speaker 3: Why did you?
Speaker 4: Because she was having a conversation with me and she was just like we were saying something like like there's a lot of things like you did you don't.
Speaker 5: Know I would to beat your last years ago.
Speaker 4: So I was just like, yeah, I pick you up. But no, I was just like I just explained it to her and she was just like wow. But I was like, you know, by the grace of God, you know.
Speaker 1: It's crazy that she didn't.
Speaker 3: Know she was busually working.
Speaker 4: I mean she was making thirty thousand dollars a year taking care of five of us, and my grandma dad didn't speak English, so it's like, I mean, there's only so much you can see when you're just you're in a rat race and you're trying to meet the basic needs of survival.
Speaker 3: That he's like, you don't really have time to really have a relationship with your kid.
Speaker 1: What type of person like recruits a fifth grader? You know what I'm saying, that's wild think about I know that, but I just can't.
Speaker 4: And that's why that's why most of the people that's like the kids nowadays, it's blowing people's head off.
Speaker 3: They're like younger than sixteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you it's harder to get hitwayans.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, right, that's the new Wance. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know it's interesting because I saw an interview where you said that even doing the show BMF, you know, there was kind of a like a, well, should I be doing this because you don't want to promote certain things, but it is based on a true story. Yeah, so talk to me about that process of you being like, Okay, I can do this, I can handle it. I'm okay with it. And then I know you Also, I started like meditating thirty minutes every single morning, right right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, So I took on a road because, like I mean, these are two characters that influence you on a hip hop culture, and like you said, it's based off a true story. So I was just like, I'm as an actor, you're telling the story. The art of what we do is to tell stories and portray characters. And then also when I'm not filming, you know, I make sure I offset that that I do a lot of tours. I do a lot of mental health tours. Last year I did two when a bunch of schools, I.
Speaker 1: Saw them, kids love you when you walk in. They was going crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I appreciate them, but but yeah, so I talked to them about out the experiences of the black man from a different perspective, And like, I remember one time I was being interviewed and then this lady was just like, She's like, well, how do you feel that you're promoting this and you're perpetuating this? So I was like, well, I mean, I don't think I'm promoting and perpetuating. Is it when you watch at a twenty four or Blumhouse horror film or scream, do you think about stabbing someone fifty two thousand times?
Speaker 3: And if you do, then you shouldn't be watching. Yeah, you go do that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And why are you looking at me? Like that's what I'm you know, I'm promoting. But I was like, at the same time, I'm telling the true story on two brothers that are victims of one of the most successful human trafficking in the world. The Transatlantic slave trade was just so successful. They came in and worked for ever part of the group that worked for four hundred plus years of free label. When they got freed, it was capped and then you're like, you're in the game, defend for yourself. And they made it out of that situation. But I'm like, had they had better parents different influences. They probably would have been Steve Jobs, right, I like that type of organization. Like so you got to think, like what if they wasn't in Detroit with no money with the parents that they had and making pennies in our you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Right, they were super smart to be able to even put something like that.
Speaker 4: Together, to have that courage, that boldness and that and then you had that many people listening to you. But those are leaders, like bro, they had like that would have been that would have been that they would have built spaceships.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So what did you learn about Detroit from filming that? Because I want to hear jazz member name chiming on that too.
Speaker 3: Detroit is big on like Nascars and racing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they real big on that.
Speaker 2: They had the races down there down Yeah, we just had a big one.
Speaker 1: I saw they did. They just build that track not that long ago. Yeah, I saw that those cars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Detroit, Detroit is cool. Detroy it's cold as hell.
Speaker 4: Y'all got good, they got.
Speaker 3: Y'all got this good. What's this? The sandwich with Stromy Sandwiches? This is the spot?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, And Detroit Detroit got a cool little culture.
Speaker 3: It's like the South and the North. I feel like, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, say that they feel like that. A lot of people actually say that we sound southern.
Speaker 5: I don't understand that, but everybody says that.
Speaker 3: And there's a lot of Middle East people.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and they own a lot of stuff out there, the money out there, and there was in every corner.
Speaker 5: It's a dispenser.
Speaker 7: I like.
Speaker 2: They could ever did was make weed recreation over there. And now we just need New York to fall in line because I.
Speaker 1: Can't take it. She's got She's like, Angela, you some weed. I got some week for gi I got.
Speaker 3: I was like, gotta fly.
Speaker 5: Somebody gave me all this week.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'll take it. Take it now. You also said you would never do online dating. Never What if it's a check involved no, like with like a TV show or something like maybe an endorsn from tender. I'm just curious, like, what is it about online dating that doesn't appeal to you?
Speaker 3: I just I believe in.
Speaker 4: Like I think the I think online and social media and the internet.
Speaker 6: Is like not a real place.
Speaker 4: It's a great tool for the enemy. I would say, like I think it is. I mean, it's a great tool for positive stuff too, but there's so much more. Like I feel like when you're on the internet, it's like you could really move as a spirit in a way like your your lies and your delusions is like extra like abracadaver. Like if you see someone in person, like I can't lie to you and say I'm six for three if I'm not six for three.
Speaker 3: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But when you see me, I stand next to you and you have my kneecaps, You're like, oh, wow, he's actually that.
Speaker 3: But just something like that online you can lie about.
Speaker 4: I'm kidding, but yeah, so and that's just that's their physical appearance.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine this? And this?
Speaker 1: Like that is like, but you can't meet somebody in person and they lie to you about all kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: That's what I know they can, But it's like the chances of really getting away with.
Speaker 1: Like because you're talking about physical things that you know. Because here's the thing. Have you you never met anybody in the d MS?
Speaker 2: Right, That's what I was going to ask you. Do you consider meeting someone in the DM online dating?
Speaker 1: No? I mean like signing up you do? I think that's.
Speaker 6: You think so yeah that social media? Social media?
Speaker 5: Is anything wrong with that?
Speaker 1: I listen.
Speaker 6: I don't know, because this is some weirdose. If he's somewhere those in my list.
Speaker 1: I think Jo is the only one here who has done online dating. What would you say about it?
Speaker 8: From experience, I've never had a successful relationship. I've met a couple of friends and maybe like a booty gall. Okay, that to me is where it ends. It's like, okay, I know I.
Speaker 5: Can't do that. I never did the app thing either. I'm scared of that.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 4: Know.
Speaker 5: See, this is the thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, if somebody was to send a DM, right, not going for just any DM.
Speaker 5: You can't just be no out the d m ass bitch, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But like because because really you could be catfish on there, like you siking me a full lie that you're looking at but everything not a life.
Speaker 5: You know who people are.
Speaker 1: I think the men in my d M be scamming, Like I'll be thinking this catfish, I'd be thinking they try to.
Speaker 9: I'm very.
Speaker 1: Familiar with who you are that it can't be a cold DM. It has to be somebody like maybe you've been familiar.
Speaker 5: With them and then they are complete random.
Speaker 8: That's real, even if you haven't met them person like, you know who they are incredible.
Speaker 1: You never let in nobody's DMS. He's lying you guys.
Speaker 6: You never responded, bro.
Speaker 3: Just slid in somebody them. No have I responded the.
Speaker 5: People whole life before you was da Vinci.
Speaker 3: No, I definitely I believe you definitely not like.
Speaker 2: Not even on Facebook back in the day.
Speaker 4: But there's just so many beautiful girls in real life and real life like it's like like you like you.
Speaker 3: Be saying, I don't know what the ratio is.
Speaker 6: I know you'll have an easier time with.
Speaker 4: Per like it's harder for you guys to find like the type of man that you guys are looking for.
Speaker 3: But looking for I'm that you guys are attracted.
Speaker 1: I'm not using these women attack.
Speaker 4: I think it's harder for you guys to find what you're attracted to.
Speaker 3: In real life that it is for me.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, you admit y'all ain't ship. No, I'm playing with you.
Speaker 2: I mean I think I think I think a lot of it's more of us than it is, and I don't like.
Speaker 6: That absolutely, that's true.
Speaker 4: You know how many jazzmins I know.
Speaker 1: From the d baby, yeah, jazzmine to let me ask you that, what would you say about yourself and your profile? Like if somebody if you, let's just say, you had to make a profile for a role, because you're doing method acting and the role that you're playing is a guy who's on social media one of the day people, what would your profile be hold on?
Speaker 2: Because piggyback to that jazzmines, you know, Asbraham had many sons?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what that means?
Speaker 2: You know how many abrahams it is? You know he had many sons you know the Bible?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, absolutely right, So if.
Speaker 5: He had ninety nine of them, how many you think it is.
Speaker 1: In the world.
Speaker 3: That's great. We got to be fruitful multiply at this point, jument, go ahead, it's like the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would your profile say about you? Like if if you were looking to find the one and you were put in your profile, what would it say?
Speaker 3: Oh that is a great question, that is wow.
Speaker 1: Like how you describe yourself?
Speaker 6: First?
Speaker 3: I would say for sure, God first. Yeah, I would just say God first. I'll take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, you got he likes to read.
Speaker 4: Like the thing is like, yeah, that ship is just it's so weird to me, like like doing that, like you have a little profile and you just talking about yourself like that's what you said.
Speaker 7: Instagram is a dating apps. That means you do have a dating app.
Speaker 3: No, but I don't have.
Speaker 1: That's my Instagram.
Speaker 4: That's that's for entertainment, Like I'm not I'm not going to meet some Instagram and be like yo, like yo, let's go out like like let's fall in love.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now since you said all this, now we can bring the tea to the table, the receipts of these d ms that I had from someone between you YouTube.
Speaker 3: O ship go ahead?
Speaker 5: Any last words?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Because I got the thread right, I don't know screenshot. We did our research before you got here, so you know what I'm talking.
Speaker 12: About from Jersey what I got the recognition you said said she's talking.
Speaker 1: I'm talking. I don't know about sweating love it SWD a little last I don't know anything.
Speaker 6: With the double.
Speaker 4: You know, I can really backtrack my ship, like I could feel like like like I've.
Speaker 3: Had rumors, but it's just like I was, like, listen.
Speaker 1: The rumors about you it's not nothing really juicy. It's like a picture with somebody you're working.
Speaker 6: With them, they're dating. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We need like a juicier rumor.
Speaker 2: And even so, it's not juicy because he probably met that person, you know, in person, Like you said, it wasn't an online or d M thing.
Speaker 1: I want to say this. You met Mary fucking j Blige. She is an icon.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: What was that like? Doing videos and then also starring in that lifetime series that well it's a trilogy. What was that like?
Speaker 4: I was fine, Like, honestly that that movie was probably one of my most favorite projects I ever shot.
Speaker 1: You played a way older person.
Speaker 5: You look so old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was fine. It was fun.
Speaker 1: He was talking about that hair because I needed to know.
Speaker 6: No, it wasn't it was real.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, they're not gonna pull.
Speaker 3: That off going on, I'm dad, y'all funny as hell, But noah, it was. It was cool.
Speaker 4: First of all working with Mary, Like, Mary is an icon, so to sit down and have a conversation with her like this, like the first time, I was just like, yo, damn, this is my life, my life, my life.
Speaker 3: Like the whole time.
Speaker 4: I'm like I'm like, bro, like, no one is gonna believe me, like, and I was like, I gotta take a picture. But then I didn't want to be annoying because we had who's having such a good conversation and she's mad humble.
Speaker 3: Right, she's like mad regular. Like it was just so crazy.
Speaker 4: It's like she forgot who she was and she gave me great advice. She was chilling as her and afterwards she was like, yeah, I'm working on some stuff. No no, she was like, fuck with your talent. And I was like, man, she's just chatting like she ain't.
Speaker 3: Even hit me. And I was like, yo, what the hell, Like she's like for real, for real.
Speaker 4: But it was dope and and you know, to be a part of a movie that is promoting family and family.
Speaker 3: Nucleus and then to get back on.
Speaker 4: That like that right there, that's that's healthy, that's beautiful, and we got enough of the other side. It's like we need to promote things that have nothing to do with being black. You're just existing and the character.
Speaker 6: Everything. I didn't say it was.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was just fire to see that and just be a part of that, you know, being part of something none.
Speaker 1: To do it being black and being our lifetime. I feel like.
Speaker 4: Lifetime audience is like legit, legendary Lifetime.
Speaker 6: You hear me.
Speaker 1: And the cool I cannot wait. But even seeing you want there, that's like a whole different audience too. From it just gives a lot of range, you know, giving.
Speaker 2: I just grew up on Lifetime watching it with my man. I didn't know what was going on story Thursday, so I knew it was good.
Speaker 1: She was crying.
Speaker 2: And then as I got old and watch a Lifetime movie like.
Speaker 8: The Heart will Be into Your Jerky and a lot of them be based on true story. Yeah right, but you did play like.
Speaker 1: A father with a teenage son on it, So what was that like playing?
Speaker 2: Because I was like, he's so young, didn't look older than you.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, it's crazy because we're like three years apart.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but but no, it was, it was it was funny.
Speaker 4: I was just like, oh my god, like this is just but I was just like I just thought about seeing people with their sons and then just like created this whole thing.
Speaker 3: Was I feel like it'll be like this, It'll feel like having a little homie.
Speaker 5: No but I do like nine, you would be a good father.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. That is one of the highest compliments you can feel just.
Speaker 5: By his conversation.
Speaker 2: What about their husband, maybe so well, anybody any black man who says God first will be a good okay, because you can't be a good husband first.
Speaker 1: You think you'd be a good husband definitely.
Speaker 2: And I I will say from the short time, I like that about you as well. To see a young black man, you know, put God on the forefront like that, I respect that because you don't really see that. You know, especially in the industry, people kind of like leave God out.
Speaker 3: You know, they're self made.
Speaker 2: You to give all credit to the most high on a platform, take a shot to that.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you did go to church.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I grew up going to church, but I definitely did like leave from it because at one point I.
Speaker 3: Was like, man, this is like this is BS.
Speaker 4: But it was only because of the Because the thing about like I feel like the Bible and scripture is like it's depending on who's talking to you.
Speaker 3: About it, it could rupt you the wrong way. But like when you're really reading it.
Speaker 4: For yourself and then you ask God to just open your heart and give you discerning wisdom otherness. Understand those words. You could comprehend it in the way that you never had before. And the thing about the Bible was like the coolest book in the world, only because it really depends on where your heart is at. If your heart's not in the right place, it's just a novel, right. If your heart isn't the right place, it's just so different. And as you grow in life and as you experience different things and grow more in wisdom and maturity, it's like each text just hit differently. You're like, yo, like this is really the way, Like all the chaos that's going on in the world, it could be solved. Like there's all the mental like the health crisis in this country and the anti depressions and all those drugs if people like we literally have a worship chromosome, like we are designed to worship a higher power, you know, And when you put that in yourself, it puts like this weight, this war that is bigger.
Speaker 3: Than you on you.
Speaker 4: Like this self made concept is like it's the dumbest thing in the world. It's like extreme narcissism.
Speaker 10: No one's self fin nobody like you came in this world, two people had to come together.
Speaker 4: First of all, what was you doing the first six months? What were you doing the first six years? What was you the first eighteen years? And then the first time you have an idea and marry j Oblige.
Speaker 3: Brother said this shut out to Bruce.
Speaker 4: He was just like, he was like, and when you have an idea, the first thing you got to do is tell somebody. But it's like, so it's just it's like that concept is just use narcissm. But I just feel like that's the enemy's way of trying to give you the credit, like, yeah, you got this og and then it really just takes the powerway from the original creator, which then ends up fucking you in the long run. And then you end up suffering a lot mentally because you're putting way more on you than we were never meant to bear the way of the world.
Speaker 1: How did you learn all that?
Speaker 5: Like everything he said, I.
Speaker 3: Knew I would.
Speaker 4: Reading scripture, being around people that is like actively trying to pursue God and being around people that hold themselves accountable and people that's I mean outside of the business the nature of Hollywood. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love that Hollywood is a great place. You know, you can make a substantial amount of money. But I think it prays on the cardinal sins like the you know, and I'm not trying to see here again, act like I'm better than no, like I ask for forgiven its all the time. I'm just like everyone else here. I just I think I just admit my faults more. And then people was like, oh my god, you going through the same thing. You're just not saying it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: But I think just being around people that you know, have a better grasp of reality and people that could like they have good hearts and good intentions, so I'm able to when I look at them, I can see a clear reflection of myself. And a lot of times its like we need people because that's the only way you can see yourself, Like if it was never from mirrors. If you have something on your head, you got to depend on me to be like Angela, you got someone for it right now. But if you don't have.
Speaker 2: That, everybody, you know, if you don't have that, it's like how you're going to know if you don't have someone to call you out on certain things.
Speaker 1: Because sometimes people will look right at your ship and not saying that nothing.
Speaker 3: They'll know your breath staking or something. They won't say nothing.
Speaker 8: That's ironic because you don't watch your work, which is almost a mirror too, because it's how you interpret a script.
Speaker 3: And somebody's like, I watch it for like learning. I watch it for learning purposes.
Speaker 4: And my agentcy managers know, let me know, and excuse me, and like the response from the audience, and I'm like, Okay, I think, I ate, like, but you're not sure.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: I think in the moment, like when I'm doing it, I mean, you got hair makeup, you got all the directors staring at the monitor. If I'm like messing up crazy, like that's on the you know what I'm saying. You like it passed layers of things before it go out, and sometimes things slip through the pipes, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Because we're humans.
Speaker 4: Someone could be on the phone called missing edit, and then the next person missing edit, and then now you out and you got bubble gum on your lips or something like that, and they're like, damn, now you're mean, But yeah, you know so, But I think that's I don't know if I answer your question. But yeah, watching myself is scary though you almost feel like like it's you have to think of it, like that's not a natural feeling. Like human beings been around for X amount of years, our brains have not, Like we just really got mirrors and shit like that.
Speaker 3: People used to really look at themselves.
Speaker 4: Just from water, right, and then afterwards you're just hunting and you're doing whatever. Right, We're way like our brains are closer to primitive humans than it is a human to compete and and exist in this level of exposure that we're this is a lot of us are suffering.
Speaker 3: People like it's like.
Speaker 4: You taking way too much content. You're taking way too much material, Like you're like the ship that we're seeing. All doctors are saying that it is not healthy. And when you keep seeing these things, it's physically modifying your brain to get better at it. So your brain is like undergoing neuroplasticity. It's reshaping itself to become better at looking at images and videos that have nothing to do with the next.
Speaker 3: So you're giving yourself ADHD. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's just like when you're not lifting weights anymore, it's like your muscles, like, Bro, we don't need this.
Speaker 3: Bro, let's let it go. But you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it's like once you start understanding that and you and then and then like you really start getting in tuning certain things. Even seeing yourself, it's like, Yo, that's not that's like an outer body, godlike experience. It's like, Bro, I can see myself like whoa like that was never supposed to happen. You know what I'm saying at all, And like some people who be watching themselves, I'll be like, damn, like you looking.
Speaker 1: At myself here myself. I was gonna say, Yeah, I'm always very critical because, like you know, it's sometimes you could be really overly critical of yourself.
Speaker 2: He said that, Okay, Previously, prior to the invention of mirrors, people looked at themselves and water. Every water I've looked in, I can't see myself.
Speaker 4: You ever like looked in the pond, I don't see me. Yep, bro go looking upon you could kind of see yourself to.
Speaker 1: Figure said about the Detroit riverfront.
Speaker 5: Do I even exist?
Speaker 3: I Mean it's not clear.
Speaker 6: It's not like clearest water.
Speaker 5: I can't see myself.
Speaker 10: You never looked over as still water and I don't see me in the sun.
Speaker 6: What are you see looking back the water?
Speaker 2: I don't know the water, That's what I seem some fish. I see it underclear what I don't see me? And then that takes me back like on the Lion King. You know what I'm saying, the scene we're movasa, Well, I mean where Simba looks in the water and he sees me, I don't see nothing.
Speaker 6: I thought you were going along with it. We gotta find you a body of water.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe JA don't exist. So you want to want.
Speaker 1: You did the video with Glorilla. Yeah, first my people thought, you know you always of course, but it was a video. And then you said this last video you'll ever do. Is that true?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: We didn't like why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it's not Vicci. It was that it was actually like it was like an acting role. Like she we were having conversations. She was literally like yo, like to explain the idea. It was really hard to understand certain things that she was saying. But you know, trying to put my listening huh in the video. Yeah, we had a conversation and we just we knocked it out like.
Speaker 1: Loresa's a good person to do a video with them.
Speaker 3: She honestly she is cool as hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's like they named her like the number one female rapper of the year and here you are, and I love that. And I know it probably took a lot for her to even ask you, like and for you to consider it. What was that like?
Speaker 3: First off, like mad people was reaching out to me.
Speaker 4: They was like, Yo, Glows team like Gorilla's team is trying to like reach out to you.
Speaker 3: And I was like, Rilla, like.
Speaker 1: You got to say that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I was just making sure like I was having it because oftentimes, like sometimes when you tell me a name, like I don't know the person face, like I switched them up a lot. So then I was like Google and I was like oh, I was like, oh ships seven pm Friday, like I fuck with her music like she's she's dope. She got this fire cadence. And then I was just like but like what, like what.
Speaker 3: Is this song? Like is it? Like like I'm like, fuck Nigga free, Like I'm not about to put my thing. No, I'm not going to promote. But then in this one, in this one, I love but she was acting correct. She was like in love you. Watch she a't say I'm bad about a minute.
Speaker 5: Why wouldn't you do it again?
Speaker 4: I mean, I justly it just yeah, probably just not.
Speaker 2: It depends, all right, you just cut up the fifty thousand dollars. Check, it's cut it up.
Speaker 5: I had for you just you know, twenty minute cameo.
Speaker 1: But it's cool.
Speaker 3: Let's cut it up in your video.
Speaker 1: No, I'll talk about that in the second in the next episode.
Speaker 3: My girl.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm gonna tell you how I first heard about her. It was a song about it. It was a distract, and we talked about it. Okay, I'm not he already thinks I'm crazy. She did a distract.
Speaker 5: Don't talk about it, but I won't talk about you crazy.
Speaker 3: I think you just existing yea.
Speaker 1: Yourself.
Speaker 6: She don't see her reflection.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I want to say I really enjoyed having you here today. It was amazing. And listen, we didn't even get to talk about all of the things before, you know, all of the acting, because I know music was a passion of yours first and foremost. Are you going to get back to that?
Speaker 4: I think so like I think, I think in a perfect world, I would love to like write soundtracks with like songs like certain movies, certain kids movies and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I think that would be fire.
Speaker 1: But movies in particular, I would like, Yeah, that.
Speaker 4: Would be fire, or like any movie, particularly the kids.
Speaker 3: And I probably would have hit the stage again through music just for the hell of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we would like that. I don't want to ask you just on the outside looking in the character of you know Terry that you played Terry Flennery, what did you think about his dynamic with Marquisha and with Lewana?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, right, what did.
Speaker 1: You think about the decisions that he made there?
Speaker 3: I like, from from your plan, Yeah, from my point of view, I thought it was wild.
Speaker 4: But I know that some of the stuff in there is exaggerated for cinematic purposes.
Speaker 1: But I mean, just as a human being, as Da Vinci, I would.
Speaker 3: Never make that decision. I was like, no, I would never make that decision.
Speaker 4: If anything, I would be like the wan that like, yeah, there's this lady that you know, she got some game and wisdom about this ship, Like yoh, we should down to have a meeting with that and my shorty ain on board.
Speaker 3: But like talking to her or whatever, it's clip you.
Speaker 1: Never did nothing grindy in real life, Like women that you've dated in the past, would they be like he did, or would they be like he was amazing honestly or both? But he was amazing honestly.
Speaker 4: I think I think they would speak, well, you're not out there the broken hearts broken heart before, definitely, but I got my heart broken too. Yeah, this first girl, man, oh.
Speaker 6: Man, one of them got to go through that.
Speaker 1: It was just like, okay, my mom, my brother, and my best friend.
Speaker 3: It was like high school. It was like high school.
Speaker 4: It was just down like you thought he was in love and then you was just like, it's just those emotions are so new and you're just you're growing something.
Speaker 3: You're going through puberty, you know what.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, And you know you realize you're like, damn' a rebound.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. It was a rebound basically.
Speaker 5: That was that that high school love.
Speaker 1: Like you're ye, go to that, but where is she now?
Speaker 6: Because like, but I know you probably.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, you're.
Speaker 2: Looking at me now like mama, you know she told her mama, mom.
Speaker 1: Look, it was not rebound.
Speaker 3: Look at him. I can't wrong.
Speaker 1: It might have been a white girl on the Florida. I don't know, Okay, I said, I was.
Speaker 2: Crying over everybody had a heartbreak. When I was crying, especially in high school.
Speaker 3: I love making it over the.
Speaker 1: Making things.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it tomorrow.
Speaker 3: He was like, I was chilling. I was chilling. I took a leg.
Speaker 1: Okay, you didn't like say, I'm a break every heart after this, she broke my.
Speaker 6: Young heartbreak and then they move on in life with that defense as if they have to break the heart first because it happened to them before. And I really don't like that.
Speaker 4: Man do that, I would say, But my mother got such a good heart that I could never like disrespect a woman like I can never do that, Like I've seen my mother held him back.
Speaker 3: So it's like because we all.
Speaker 4: Like you know, we come from a woman, and and they they're giving their life up when you come out between their legs. So I just feel like for me, the disrespect woman, even if she doesn't value herself and doing the wildest things, I could never really see it.
Speaker 3: And disrespect them. I knew better, they would have done better, so I can't really disrespect.
Speaker 1: And you said your parents are retired now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've been chilling.
Speaker 1: Was married.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were married, and when I was coming and they like spread split up and and I didn't deal with them.
Speaker 5: Until like, but you had a figure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Then I started living with my pops, and my Pops is definitely around. It wasn't for him, I would have probably been dead.
Speaker 3: Uh. And then I got like recently they got back together.
Speaker 1: You never hear that part of it is because of you?
Speaker 5: After how many God.
Speaker 1: Because sometimes you know they retired together.
Speaker 3: They probably was a part for like.
Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, that's a that's a movie.
Speaker 3: That's it's like the notebook.
Speaker 1: How did they get back together? Like who initiated it? What happened?
Speaker 3: I think they just started talking and it was probably going some like you know, like.
Speaker 1: They're like, you're going to Abraham's. It wasn't maybe we should sit together, it was maybe.
Speaker 4: It definitely felt like it was like strange, like for a second, but I was like, I'm happy for him, Like I never saw them in the household together.
Speaker 5: To see them, that's such a lesson actually love.
Speaker 1: Them.
Speaker 6: That's the product of that love. And they get to.
Speaker 1: Tell them run his money up.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's they got remarried and everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so beautiful.
Speaker 3: It was adorable, and I.
Speaker 1: Was adorable, poor boy.
Speaker 7: The wedding.
Speaker 3: No, I was just you know, I was just chilling.
Speaker 6: About their love story. That's so cute.
Speaker 4: No, but I'm unhappy for Hi because at the end of the day, I don't think anyone wants to dialogue.
Speaker 1: No, they don't know. But you know, sometimes people move on and they find somebody else, but they reconnected. They found each other in twenty one years. That's why that's amazing.
Speaker 4: But like the way, like my mom and her and the Bible, like you, unless he's like deceased, it's like she thinks, like, yeah, she sees him certainly.
Speaker 1: Yea, because sometimes even divorced, you think like you can't get divorced, you know, because I know from my mom my grandfather was so religious, divorce was out of the question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did get divorced.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm waiting on this naked against ship together for eleven years.
Speaker 5: You got hold. No, I'm just talking ship.
Speaker 3: Him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Don't know.
Speaker 3: Foreigners, Foreigners like maybe taking they were serious. Good, they make that vow, they like they dead asked a lot.
Speaker 1: I know, they like life is beautiful. We pray for this ship.
Speaker 3: Right when we're done with.
Speaker 5: Want to see a picture of your parents? I got to put the face to the story.
Speaker 3: Actually, don't you got a picture from the wedding.
Speaker 1: You didn't go to the wedding?
Speaker 3: No, no, I did, but I just don't have it on this phone. I just got a new phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, sounds good. All right, Well, thank you so much. It was everything I would have hoped it would be. So we appreciate you. We had a good time. He's streaking weather, ladies and gentlemen. It is yeah, it's not it's not all right, it's water. It's lip service.
Speaker 3: Where did you get this name? Lip service room?
Speaker 1: You know that's a double onand okay, explain both lip services? Like you told him something you don't clip service? You know how it is in politics. So actually I have lip service when I was serious, I used to work at serious. Before that I heard yes, and so it was like a double changre of lip service being like just talking crazy but also lip service like being a little bit sexy, maybe a little oral, a lot of oral.
Speaker 3: So you guys perform oral on the show?
Speaker 1: Yes, no, I'm kidding, but he's like you, is that why you came, you know, all right, line up, lady turning.
Speaker 6: Something that's not.
Speaker 1: It was a double cute.
Speaker 5: You know, it's catch, just a little spice.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't know what.
Speaker 5: We're going to talk about.
Speaker 3: She got a lot of lip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is real. This was a warm up. Next time, Oh my god, taking we didn't get he kept talking about God question.
Speaker 6: But I'm training.
Speaker 1: We're going going as it's over. Now, it's over now, going to a quick wrapping fire.
Speaker 5: Let's do a spit fire around for first questions.
Speaker 7: Okay, how old were you when you lost your virginity?
Speaker 3: Oh? Already afficable?
Speaker 1: And see what was the point of you? Yeah, is very on crime.
Speaker 3: No, I just cannot like choose whether I.
Speaker 6: Can answer next question?
Speaker 1: How frequently do you ask?
Speaker 5: If he didn't even answer the question God question?
Speaker 6: Yes, you're gonna answer that and respect my p g hers was I.
Speaker 8: Was like seventeen, okay, seventeen Okay, it's good, that's good.
Speaker 1: Was it a good experience?
Speaker 3: No? No, I mean.
Speaker 6: I don't like it was tragic.
Speaker 5: His first time was like me.
Speaker 3: No, yes, woman isn't any different.
Speaker 5: It wasn't.
Speaker 3: I don't know a woman was different?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like escape you don't massipate at all.
Speaker 5: He's a god fearing man.
Speaker 6: You don't know what I'm playing with himself.
Speaker 5: No fornication.
Speaker 6: Favorite sexual position, Oh my.
Speaker 3: God, that's what the quick Oh my god, sexual position?
Speaker 1: Uh, missionary. He likes doggy style because mostly gets me missionary. He gave me like he gives me love making. He gives me.
Speaker 6: You want to look into her eyes?
Speaker 3: And I think I think it depends. It really depends if you want to pick one.
Speaker 6: What are you going?
Speaker 1: What's your goal?
Speaker 3: You go to with the person that I love?
Speaker 6: Tomatoes? Tomatoes?
Speaker 1: Last question, So you've only ever had sex with people that you love?
Speaker 6: That's not true. That's not true.
Speaker 5: When it's the last time that you Oh.
Speaker 6: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: What time is it?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Answering this too much more, we don't even get it. Gets when is the last time?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, I can't. I can't answer, honestly.
Speaker 4: The only reason why I can't answer all this on camera, I'll tell you why. Because when you when you portray a role, right, a character, people come up to you in real life thinking I'm Terry Frennery or I'm Darnell or any of these other characters I play and when you start talking about your personal life in a certain way, you open the door to allow people to have criticism on your personal life. So now you can't get mad when they're asking when they see you in person and they're doing certain things that it's like because I just opened this door. So that's not true at all.
Speaker 3: I literally I went through I went through.
Speaker 4: Hell, Like I literally like I went through like some real legal investigation ship with like people like it's like no, no, like like people are like you for you being you know, jazz and badass in Midwest and ship you don't really like, you don't really like, so you you.
Speaker 3: Get in your own little world.
Speaker 4: But but some people it's like like.
Speaker 3: That, my man, my man, my man, they're like dead ass. That's not a joke.
Speaker 4: You knowship like we ke ken, but anything personal or whatever, like I can't talk about.
Speaker 6: That, So you're not gonna tell this if you're currently.
Speaker 1: I just don't talk about No.
Speaker 3: No, no, But but no, I know, I definitely know.
Speaker 10: I definitely know.
Speaker 3: I asked because I was just curious because I don't know anything.
Speaker 11: You know what I'm saying, he't gonna come back, No, no, I'll definitely come back you have sex is like I always come back to think it's going to.
Speaker 6: Be waiting long ago.
Speaker 5: So it's long ago.
Speaker 6: My answer is way too long ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm glad. I'll talk to you guys about your your problems.
Speaker 6: My problem.
Speaker 5: Would you believe that I haven't had sex since October?
Speaker 9: Yeah, but that attitude, I'm joking, don't.
Speaker 5: I'm finding these off.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm.
Speaker 1: Believe you choice when I say what I learned today is the bench You got so much game, y'all. This was amazing.
Speaker 6: It was amazing.
Speaker 5: You have a love, good job.
Speaker 1: Thank you and we appreciate thank you. No, but honestly, I didn't really enjoy this sit down. I knew that like from when I first met you. You have a great vibe and you from Brooklyn. I mean, what what else can be said? So thank you and best of like we're always going to be supporting everything you do.
Speaker 3: So we appreciate thank you so much.
Speaker 4: It was a pleasure me. You guys, thank you for having me on the show. Appreciate all the questions.
Speaker 1: He's going, did you have.
Speaker 3: This is cool because this is this is a different type of interview.
Speaker 6: Set up, and that's what we are which is different.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: You guys, you guys played to your your base or like depending on how the person is talking, becoming.
Speaker 3: Up crazy ship.
Speaker 4: I was just like, wait, I want to know the questions, and I was like, damn, damn, damn.
Speaker 5: Would have loved to know the answers.
Speaker 9: Yeah, a little too much.
Speaker 7: One more sunglasses off for the cam?
Speaker 6: Do that one more time?
Speaker 4: Oh like just oh this is I appreciate you guys so much, so much,