Speaker 1: Calling all my sweeties to the forefront. I'm your host, christ and this is the keeping positive guys. We did it. Season eleven is officially wrapped, crazy.
Speaker 2: And now we're.
Speaker 3: Sitting here trying to figure out how to recap it all, which was harder than producing this season andself.
Speaker 1: Actually, and you did a.
Speaker 4: Great job with that, Shelly, Yes, for you know, so good.
Speaker 1: Nobody was it was. I feel like it was really tough because originally I wanted you like a reunion style recap, and then I was like, no, we need to sit down, we need to talk about It was so many clips and I realized I just want to talk about our favorite moments.
Speaker 5: Way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But then when I watch everything back, I realized that I was picking up new things from every conversation.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, that's production though.
Speaker 6: You know we're present during the filming days and yeah, you know, we're just in a different mode. But then a lot of times you get to thinking about patterns of like, okay, what can we change, what can we do? And then the guest conversation. Some people are coming in for deeper conversations, some people are coming for hearings, some people are coming for purpose. You know, it's just it's a great space and I feel like, you know, you embodied that the.
Speaker 1: Whole sees man. I appreciate that, Thank you, but you're absolutely right. You know. Rewatching made me realize that people come in for one thing, but then the conversation takes a turn into something way bigger than I think any of us could imagine. I always look behind the camera and I'll see a Shina's hand like, and I was like, the church is saying amen, Shelley nodding. Yeah. So I feel like to see it in real time, even though we're present, to see the impact that the conversations are having when they may just come in for a book, or come in to talk about the movie they're doing, or just their journey, to see how it resonates what it's all in real time is really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think that's why they resonate, because it's a reminder that they are human just like us and we all have similar experiences. And I think that's why people come to keep a politicsty exactly.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I love that our guests they show up in more ways than we expected them to, and looking back, I realized that we're not just documenting conversations. We're literally documenting people in the middle of their becoming, you know, and I think that's what made the season so special, you know. So let's check out some clips.
Speaker 7: When it comes to knowing, like when God gives you something and you know it even when people around you don't get it. People you love, trust and respect. That's why you got to cultivate that. Yes, because there's something that God sees that he's revealing to you that if you honor it against the naysayers, it's gonna set you up for success.
Speaker 8: It will not always be easy, but it also will not always be hard. That is what has been foundationally true for me. Yeah, and I'm always so clear that my heart has a timeline, but my good is for like it is always her current is always running, and so there are moments when those trying days feel louder than the good days. But the good is omnipresent. If we can shift our mindsets to believe that the goodness is omnipresent.
Speaker 9: We've never given up on each other. At the same time, relationships, the best of relationships, aren't perfect relationships. Sometimes you're here and sometimes you're here, and it may all be in the same day, but that friendship.
Speaker 2: Sometimes the same hour.
Speaker 1: I was dating selfishly.
Speaker 10: I wasn't dating like I had a kid, Like I was dating based off of how you made me feel. I wasn't even worried about, like whether they were good with kids or not, whether they could have a discussion with a kid, whether they could you know, get to know my child or not.
Speaker 1: If you were.
Speaker 10: Doing something to make me feel good, you know, whether that was sex, just conversation because I didn't like to be alone.
Speaker 1: Whatever it was.
Speaker 10: If I felt like you were doing something for me, fine, you were good in my book, and.
Speaker 11: That's how I am. I'm like that too. It's just like I do. It's people that I do genuinely miss Yeah, like I missed them. I missed the relationship we had. I missed them. But I'm so cool. So yo, I am so, But I am so cool, And it's fine, Like yo, I wish you the best. I wish you the best, but I am so. I am so. I'm a thousand percent cool cool with you.
Speaker 12: Think about the stuff on you had your first Nokia properly ye with the little snake, and think about the iPhone you have probably right now. Imagine if you went from that phone to the iPhone with nothing in between.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and that's what happens in marriage.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: You gotta every phone, every update, you gotta learn this new and just iPhone enough headphone jackal, dang, I ain't got that. Now I gotta get air pods and now I gotta charge this Now this thing used to not be there from the Nokia Snake when we started dating to the iPhone seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: If I wasn't up to date on every and think about how little the changes feel at the time, it's just like, oh, dang, man, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I used to be with you.
Speaker 12: We used to take pictures. They used to be grainy all that stuff. Now you can shoot. There's a new app you can do a shot recording.
Speaker 4: I just saw that black on too, man.
Speaker 1: I saw that that didn't exist.
Speaker 5: Yeah, two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: That was so good. You guys. You know what's really funny. I don't remember the order in which these conversations happened, but I remember how they made me feel. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, that's really like I don't remember like the day, the time, any of that, but I know.
Speaker 13: Like, oh boom, that was a back there. We'd be back there.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, like all the Yeah, it's.
Speaker 6: Been several film of days when I'm like, oh man, okay, that was good. But then like days later it's like, oh it hit me in my life or hit me somewhere, and I'm like wow, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: And a lot of the conversations that we have or the interviews that we have, they don't stop when we all cut. They keep going and we keep talking and it stays with us.
Speaker 1: No, for sure. I want to ask you guys something out of all the conversations and interviews we had this season, what is the one moment that sticks out to you the most?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 2: For me, Tiffany willis with the on your narrative, which she said like she's the window as her refrigerator, and like it's her the window.
Speaker 13: Still it is her refrigerator. They keep her baby's bottle.
Speaker 2: Worn, and her whole conversation she was not a victim, which anyone in that situation could have just taken it and made them like your parents get you out when you was fourteen, pregnant all these things, but she just like really showed so much gratitude throughout her whole story, So that really resonated with me, and that was one of our earlier shows, so I like the tone that it said. But even in my own life, it was things can be worse, but things can also get better.
Speaker 1: It's your perspective exactly. I love that, and I love that she wasn't asking anyone to feel sorry for her. She was honored where she came from and at a very young age too, And to see who she's become today is Yeah.
Speaker 6: I remember me and Shelley being on a production pre production call with her and just listen to her story and just listen to her like bio and just like hold on, this is going to be something.
Speaker 5: And then we didn't get everything on a.
Speaker 6: Pre pro call. But I loved that episode too, But my favorite was tore pt Listen said. He challenged the conversation like we spent a lot of time, you know, thinking about what lane were supposed to stay in, and he completely challenged that. Like he talked about the purpose being something that follows you, you know, something that's not something that's attached to a job.
Speaker 5: That really resonated with me as a man.
Speaker 3: I think it resonated with a lot of the Sweeties and everyone who watches online because like you said purpose isn't just career based, and I think he gave all of us who have many career aspirations or many skill sets the permission to chase them all and not stay stuck in a box. And I know you shouldn't testify on my street as.
Speaker 1: Past and Darius would say. I felt that personally because with everything I have going on with acting, rs, the merch producing everything, singing, singing, of the things that I've questioned myself, am I I've questioned myself if I'm doing too much sometimes, you know, And I believe this conversation definitely reminded me that purpose is not always linear. You know, It's gonna come layered and you just got to go with the flow and go For me, I always go with where I am and what really resonates with me in that season. I don't try to force and I love purpose follows you. I think a lot of people get lost in chasing purpose, but like knowing that when you are walking in it, it's what's following behind you is what you're leaving, you know. Yeah, you know conversation I felt that myself.
Speaker 3: I think the sweeties also really enjoyed Karrisha, Yes, there was a lot of conversation going into Kresha and having her on the show we had on the live show at the Black Effec Podcast Festival, and there was a lot of conversation about you know, what you guys would talk about, and even she was a little concerned about how she fit into the Keep It Positive Sweetie Show. But I think one thing that you have coin is that no one's too far from God. And even in her conversation about her journey, her career journey as a podcaster and a business owner, her life journey, she also reflected on her relationship with God, and I think that that is also a testament of you know, everyone has their own faith walk and no one is too far from God. And I think our sweeties took a lot from from her conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. I really enjoyed our conversation. I remember she walked up to me backstage and she was like, I am so nervous because one thing I know is that the Sweeties are going to support whoever we're talking to, and she felt that they were talking right back to her, you know, and it made her feel really good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think people got to see a version of her that you don't always see publicly, and I think that's something that we all appreciate about this particular show is like you get a version of of the guests that you don't typically see in any other interview. It feels like a safe space that feels like home. And I think we got that with Karsia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, definitely.
Speaker 5: That's like just too.
Speaker 6: It just came in with one conversation playing somewhere along the way, you know.
Speaker 5: Like she started feeling like I started tears.
Speaker 6: We was pulling out clean next or whatnot, but about explaining why instead of like her parenting from fear, you know, like it's always uh.
Speaker 5: The rule of the issue or the root of somewhere.
Speaker 6: So you know, I think that her book really like took it to a place, and I think you the conversation sitting on that couch, you know, you kind of brought her somewhere else, like she felt safer.
Speaker 12: Sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And these interviews they just like take a life of their own. When people come in here, it's not even where they think they're going to do.
Speaker 13: So I love that too.
Speaker 2: It's like you come in here talking about one thing and then actually you unveil a whole bunch of other.
Speaker 1: Stuff that's real, like think about Toy and Red. When they came on, I was like, Okay, this is gonna be an hour long conversation about marriage. You know what you deal with in that union. And I love thinking about peace.
Speaker 5: And healing and connection.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like when when Rid said we were so quick to correct instead of connect, it took me to listen. I took that with me, not just in relationship but in business, you know.
Speaker 3: And read being super honest and transparent about his journey and uh therapy.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was to hear and then how it got her in the therapy, and I think it was good to kind of hear her say how she would had to step back even in this age, and stop trying to please people.
Speaker 13: And do all these things for people. So it was it was refreshing.
Speaker 2: Like you said, we thought we weld just hear about their marriage, but we're also hearing about them still being cultivated and still growing in their marriage. So we saw them be a union but also not losing themselves contilue to find themselves.
Speaker 13: So that was a chef's pie.
Speaker 1: I love that conversation exactly, and I think that's while I love this season so much. They didn't give us surface level of conversations. They really left us with pieces of them, you know, and showed us themselves, and those are the moments that stay with us for sure. Let's take a look at that.
Speaker 14: The window seals refrigerator was because I didn't have a refrigerator. I couldn't afford one. I was just happy not to be homeless anymore, and so being able to put my son's milk on a window seal just to keep it cold to me. Other people probably thought it was poverty. For me, it was actually progress.
Speaker 7: The challenging part about being in a cocoon is that you don't know it. And sometimes I imagine, like the caterpillar. I don't know if caterpillars have caterpillar school right where there's a nice little whiteboard in the background. I listen, you getting ready to go through something, right, It's gonna be real dark, You're gonna be real disoriented. In fact, your whole sense of who you were, whole sense of identity, how you move about, how you navigate, how you get around, all of that is going to come to a complete stop and you're going to be in darkness and then you're actually going to turn into this little mush. But when it's all over, when it's all over, you're going to become something that you couldn't have even fathom becoming.
Speaker 1: You didn't have the capacity.
Speaker 7: So if the cocoon could talk, that's what the cocoon could tell you. And we find ourselves in cocoons. It's when God knows that we have to become something else, that the version of who we are right now does not match the calling, the purpose, the environment, the destiny that you're assigned to.
Speaker 2: Learning to come together and operate as one.
Speaker 11: It's work, but I think one of the biggest things with us, and I think both of us had kind of an issue with it that we all got better with it was and it's crazy. I saw it today when I was researching. We were so quick to correct each other instead of focusing on connecting like it was all like for me, I speak for me. I'm real big on if I don't understand something, I debate with you because I want you to show me where you're coming from. You know what, I want you to show me where you're coming from. But over the years, with therapy and I get it from. I used to have a group of very successful guys and we always talked and it's always debates, debates, and we called the iron sharpening on iron, like we're debating about this, we're debating about this, but you're showing me. You're showing me where you're coming from, and you're understanding and you're articulating it. And then over with therapy, I had to figure out what my people, with my village and stuff like that. It's not necessarily always good because they they're not gonna get it. And instead of debating and instead of trying to correct, all right, you got it, how can we connect and how can we do that? And I think that was one of the things that we fought with and got better over the years.
Speaker 15: Every time somebody tell me I can't do something, I do it. I'm like one of God's favorite. Like when they say no, he'd be like in another one, in another one. Now you're in BMF. Now you're doing this. Now you're doing that. So I think that it's like I don't even look at it no more. It's just like my God got me.
Speaker 4: God, It's like watch this, yes, watch this.
Speaker 10: Even when I didn't know how to pray right, because my mom has always done that for us, you know, her kids, is what I mean by us, Like, but she she didn't teach just how to pray. I just had to get that one day. Even when I didn't know how to, always knew that I could talk to God. That's one thing that she did always tell us talk to him. Your prayer does not have to be perfect.
Speaker 1: You don't have to. There's no script.
Speaker 10: You don't have to get it right. He's not looking for you to come to him perfectly. If you stumble over your words, it's okay. You know, you keep talking, he hears you. That's how. That's how I did. Or I would go and I don't care where I was. I would be in my car, I would go. And if I was because even if I was at work like McDonald's, I go in the bathroom and talk to God, I would. I would talk to him anywhere where I would be alone and by myself, like off to a corner.
Speaker 1: That's honestly, really how I got through it.
Speaker 10: And you know, I feel like that's cliche because people say it, but like, no, that's that's real.
Speaker 1: It's like I would really talk.
Speaker 10: To him and then in talking to him and going to him because there was nothing that I would never take to him. Yeah, he showed me how to pray God had told me, taught me how to talk to him in a way where I can.
Speaker 1: Teach my children.
Speaker 11: I've been going to therapyt.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: He kind of got me into because at first, like very cliche. I need a therapist, so I want to see my whatever. But he's been doing it since I met her.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I go because, like you just spoke on earlier, I don't tell my friends and family stuff, especially about my relationship, like I don't.
Speaker 16: I don't.
Speaker 11: I don't do that. Like my friends can't tell you. Not one of my friends can tell you our deepest problem or anything like that surface level, like they know what I'm going through a business, family or whatever. But if it's dealing with me and my wife, they can't tell They can't tell you what. They can't tell you that. So what I do. I go to therapy and I have an unbiased voice that I can talk to and unload and like some therapy sessions, I kid you not, some therapy sessions. My therapy is to say one say two words, go and then the last word, stop and between, and all I do is talk.
Speaker 1: You know what gets me is that none of these moments were for uced. Nobody came in trying to get a viral moment. They were just honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that's why people connected with them so much and love kept so much, because vulnerability recognize its vulnerability, and people know when something is real, that's real.
Speaker 13: Keep that one, I want to.
Speaker 2: But you know what's so funny how we laugh here. We laugh even when it gets deep. It's always those laughing moments. And I just love that about to keep it positive, sweetie. It's like, we get deep, but we also gonna have us a good, good laugh, good church.
Speaker 17: We have church in here.
Speaker 1: We get everything when you come here. Ran around the road, praise laps, Okay. You know people always tell us how comfortable it feels to sit on this set, to be in in the space with us. You know, I think that is something we've all cultivated and that comes from us. But the truth is we comfortable too. We laugh. We joked, key key, Yeah, they call me Joe Jackson that. I mean, why are you looking like that, Shelley. But we have a lot of like inside jokes and we have a lot of fun.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: I think the best part is that people people don't feel like they're coming in for an interrogation. They've come in form like a real conversation, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And like Crystal said before with Karsia saying, she was like so nervous and we were like, no, it's gonna be okay, so nervous, and she killed it.
Speaker 1: She did, she really did. I remember telling a girl, you're gonna be fine, and I try to do my not even interviews. I wanted a conversation. Yeah, you know that. I know what it feels like, because it does feel like an interrogation when you're being interviewed sometimes, and I just want them to feel like a conversation. I want you to feel that this is a safe space. It's not messy. We're not doing clickbait.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 1: I pride myself on that. I was very intentional about when I created this platform that when people walk in, they know what they're walking into. And a lot of people will call and say, hey, I want to come on your show because they know what it is. They know they're not going to wake up on morning see that clip and be like why right, you know, she was talking about how nervous she was. Then five minutes into the conversation, we were kicking a lot of girls. But I think that is what I pride myself on, is building a platform that is not messy, that's not caddy. We don't do the clickbait, so when people come here, they know the energy, they know what they're going to get. They're not going to wake up one morning and be like, oh my god, this click clip, this clip is gone viral. You know, I know what it feels like. So I try to not make other people feel that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and once they settle in on the kIPS couch, it stops feeling and they stopped thinking about the cameras.
Speaker 1: For sure. Jess was like that too, Yes she was. Yes, one minute we were talking about something serious and then the next minute we're literally crying and crying laughing. It was like both like, yeah, I've been reading her book and I was literally in tears.
Speaker 2: Yeah you were.
Speaker 17: You were so moved by.
Speaker 2: But even reading in her voice, yeah, it's like because you don't want to laugh, but it's like, okay, you've been silly, but also relatable, very relatable.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Antoya and read in that game, was like, that was funny.
Speaker 2: That was a good icebrecker, just because again, they were so honest and it was just funny when you hear couples kind of like especially like argument or apologizing. So that was funny hearing them.
Speaker 1: Talk about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the way they looked at each other answered every question, it was firing.
Speaker 5: It was gonna be a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it felt like we were just hanging out with them. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would also add that as much as we have a lot of fun when we talk about pairing for these conversations, like you really do the work. You guys do the work to prepare for these conversations. We have to read books in two days and really get into wherever the guest is in their journey or in their life or in their career to have a conversation that means so much to them. So when you talk about reading Justic's book and crying, like really literally when we booked that interview, you had to quickly read the book because I think you can really immerse yourself and where she was exactly.
Speaker 1: I don't like to like talk about a book and have not have read it. But yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I like to really like, yeah, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you guys take care of there. You take it serious, and I think that is what the guest feels too. It's not like okay, interview check. You know we talked about surface level things like you guys really take it serious when you're preparing for a conversation.
Speaker 1: For sure. We do. We really do. And that's what I love about this. People don't see that side of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, the reproduction calls.
Speaker 3: The reading of the books or the scripts or watching of the movie.
Speaker 6: Yes, the older episode with the older conversations we see, the other interviews that we see the other podcasts.
Speaker 17: Yeah, looking for those things that they work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of work.
Speaker 17: Work make it fun.
Speaker 1: No, exactly we do. We do. We captured so much, so much. I want to see what else we got. Listen.
Speaker 2: It was one of them you know how you go on a date with somebody and you post the food and not the man, and you post the place and not the man.
Speaker 1: That was me and him.
Speaker 2: We would go all kinds of days, school, all kinds of places and never post each other. And then it's like our pop up pregnant. Everybody like what but yeah, we were feeling, you know, getting to know each other for real and enjoin each other in private.
Speaker 10: I could pray somebody under the table, like sometimes Christal, when I pray, I'll be like I was good God, Like okay, look at you working. You know, I'd be so hyped, Like even though the breakfast cup, I'd be like, I just pray crazy pro.
Speaker 1: Better was better than yours.
Speaker 10: Like I know, I know I'm getting a little crazy with the competition prayer, but I'll be packing myself with a veg.
Speaker 15: I need new energy, a new frequency, you know, just positive, just happy.
Speaker 1: Just focusing on me.
Speaker 15: I think that when you focus on yourself, that's when you're the best version on yourself, because it's like when you're in a group, it's like being in a relationship. Sometimes y'all don't always see eye of eye, and it's just like when you finally lead that relationship, it's like damn, I hair getting on my skin going because you're focusing on yourself, right, So that's how I look at it.
Speaker 1: I'm focused on myself.
Speaker 2: Dang.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Like I was telling her, like chill shawty, you know what I'm saying. Oh my god, you know I was like, Yo, calm down there, I know you.
Speaker 17: Know that far.
Speaker 5: Crazy.
Speaker 11: Nah, Just just like she said, we became real close, and it was just like I was.
Speaker 7: Just talking to, you know, one of your producers, and she mentioned one of the chapters in the book that really stuck with her. Yeah, And I'm like, I'm well because I am open to the fact that I have growth opportunities and so I'm doing really good.
Speaker 5: I don't mind whooping for wrong.
Speaker 12: Like growing up, I got whooped when I was right, and if you would have just let me explain, you would have seen it actually wasn't what you thought. And then my parents find out later they ain't gonna undo the whooping, and they ain't gonna say sorry, you want something.
Speaker 5: No, I want you to listen. Okay, you have to feed me.
Speaker 12: If you would have just gave me three seconds, I could have told you what happened.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, I got.
Speaker 5: That little game.
Speaker 12: You wanted an apology. I'll take the game. We're too nice of the kid. You're right, Joe Jackson said, I got to y'all got to work. Michael and them was at work at an adult club at seven. You know, I'm like, oh, my son, I love you mental health and health.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he ain't gonna be Michael Jackson.
Speaker 12: He's not because I didn't push him and any so you know that whooping is bad, but also Michael Jackson's bad.
Speaker 5: The album Hello Whoop it all works together.
Speaker 12: We ain't seen no level star with the loving gentle pant all.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, we ain't love nobody into greatness yet.
Speaker 1: Listen, we we've done cool, but.
Speaker 12: We ain't love nobody healthily into greatness because you got to be a little crazy to treat them levels.
Speaker 5: You know, you got to hate.
Speaker 12: They hated Joe Jackson seen my life all because I hate you.
Speaker 5: Love ain't enough. I got to hate you to get where I want to go.
Speaker 1: Literally, Wow, I needed that, I really did. I love that people let their guards down with us. You know, it makes me think about something. We have talked about, the moments that stayed with us, the moments that made us laugh, the moments made us cry. But I want to ask you, guys, this, what conversation genuinely changed the way you think? Not your favorite guest, not your favorite episode. I want to know what conversation made you walk out differently than the way you came in to.
Speaker 5: Right for me.
Speaker 6: So I walked in with it thinking about we were going to have a conversation about ministry, and you know, and it turned into a conversation about purpose, you know, like he challenged the idea that the calling only exists in one title or one position, but actually, like it went to something you carry into business, something you carry into leadership, something you carry into your family.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that conversation came in the perfect time in my life, you know, launching ors an actor, expanding in that space, being an entrepreneur. He helped me realize that my purpose doesn't ask me to choose one version of myself, you know. And I think for me, that's what I thought it was. You know, this is the thing that I'm passionate about. This is God's hurpting my life. This is why I focus on. But what he said is that it asked you to steward every version you've been trusted with. And that right there that hit me because I realized that God isn't trusted a lot in me. And when I look at that, and I look at all the different things, I'm like, okay, and all these things require a different version of Crystal, you know, so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: PT definitely Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms was one for me, and I will also add doctor Key Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms for me because I can't I couldn't imagine the cross that she has to carry, right being the mayor, leaving meeting the mayor's office, then getting the courage to run for governor, you know, all of the challenges that come with politics. She's a mom, she's a wife, and so sometimes when you think about the thing that you have to carry or the weight that you hold, like and then you think.
Speaker 2: About that kind yeah, because I was thinking even you know, you don't want to judge a book by its cover, but never met you know, I've never met her before, so I just have this persona of Mayor Keisha Lan's violence, especially in the era that I knew her in, right, So I'm thinking, we just gonna talk to this politician. You know, I did read the book, so as I'm reading the book, it was I kind of started feeling those layers. But even meeting her in person, it was just a different vibe and she had her guard completely down and it was just a very moving conversation. Even hearing about her motherhood journey and even that like people in that space don't share that kind of stuff. And so just to hear her speak about all of her kids being adopted and her going through the IVF, and she was just very honest, which I think one she didn't have to be because you know, this is her life, but she probably really and I know she did. Reading the comments, they loved it. They loved it, and I think it just was amazing to know that she would turn around and become.
Speaker 3: Yeah, think about the vulnerability that it takes to like sign up for that right, to sign up to be a black female politician, Yes in Georgia.
Speaker 1: In spite of what people have already been saying about, you know, and the reputation that she has where people like have taken just small parts of her career and me right and not looking at it in totality. Something she said was strong women pushed through powerful women stop. And because a lot of people were asking her like why didn't she run again? Like why did she just? They felt like you quit on us, you know, and the time we needed you the most, But we didn't know what she was dealing with internally with her health, her health things that she needed to take care of in order to be able to run for governor. We always talk about you can't pour from an empty yes, you know. So she made me look at the importance of sitting there, yes, you know, listening to your body. And that's something that really stuck with me because I think as women, black women especially, we have been taught to push through, be resilient, keep going. Nobody cares like you gotta you know. Yeah, we have worn that as a badge of honor in a way, you know, And I feel like it's time to understand that. No, like I can't be everyone's heroes. Sometimes I gotta pull the cape off, dust it off, send it to the dry cleaners. Yeah, and that takes a while. So when that comes back, then I'll be restored and read to get it back on.
Speaker 2: And I loved her kind of like blooping because I'm like, you know what, you didn't quit, You did your term. And it's crazy how that narrative can spread. So it's like she actually run it back. She didn't walk out of her turn anything like that.
Speaker 13: So to do it again, and you have to.
Speaker 2: Respect that, just like people leave jobs all the time and things like that, Like she said, they put people on a pedestal or want politicians to have this perfectionism and not really think of them as humans. So she really he gave the you know, politics and political figures of voice and really been able to see them as human human And I really appreciated that. Another one was definitely doctor key, like you said, not their key.
Speaker 13: From the moment she walked.
Speaker 3: In, shea she was not on the ground, She was not, she floated in. She has like a regal like air when she walks into her room. You almost feel like, okay, let me sit up together English. Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, she definitely is one of the women that make.
Speaker 1: You like.
Speaker 2: And even just her about community and really having us sit back and take a look what does that really look like? And seeing someone who's actually not just saying it, not just putting it on shirts and things like that, she's literally living in seeing her fruits that are coming of her living it. It makes you want to be more inclusive and do things with people and be more open because she was really showing what that looked like for.
Speaker 6: Sure, Like her mantras support is a herb, like it's cool people say I support you, and all this but actually showing up, actually investing, actually making the call to get someone else like ahead, or making the connection, like that's a real thing she is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, And she's super intentional about giving credit where it's to do and making sure that that she's clear about how she got to where she is.
Speaker 17: It wasn't by herself.
Speaker 3: She had a community people that she supported supported her. And the idea that no one gets.
Speaker 1: There on their own that's so true and that her book No One is Self Made, One Made. Yeah, I'm definitely in line with that, because nobody gets to where they are by themselves. But I think when you realize that that is when gratitud who comes with the leadership, you know, because a lot of times leaders can have this like pompous attitude that they're above everybody and they're like, y'all are here because of me, you know, And when you get rid of that persona and understand that no, like I'm here because you guys have my back, and that gratitude comes along with it. One people feel valued, you know, they feel appreciated, they feel seen, and those things are important when you're building a team.
Speaker 13: Yes, and I love that about us too.
Speaker 2: I feel like here people may see, you know, the Sweeties a gonna ride for Crystal, but they I was walking with West at the live and they were like big. It was like, I love it because again, you shot, we're all on here, we're on the after show, We're all doing things while m is back there at Herman. It's definitely takes a team to do all of this, which is why I just love our team, because we are truly a tough team, Like it's a real life team around here. And I think that that really just resonated with me. Even with her the sun analogy. She said that I was like, the sun shines on both of us. Now, the sun shines on everyone. It's no need to take the spotlight because it's going to come. You know, it's gonna everyone can shine. So I thought that was really really dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. And guys, I could not do any of this without you. I seriously couldn't. I look it. This morning, I was just praying, and we didn't pray before. We're going to pray after this, but I was praying this morning when I woke up and just thanking God for just I knew where I was coming today and this is our first day filming here at Tyler Perry Studios. Yeah, and just giving thanks to the moment I walked on this or to this studio. It wasn't this particular light back in twenty twelve. He knew where I would be in twenty twenty six, you know, and the ways that he's made I'm just so grateful. But the people that He's brought to help me see this and bring it to fruition. I look around me and I feel safe. You know, I don't feel and you know, I've had been blessed to have amazing teams, you know, people around me, but just to continue to see how I evolve and the people that God brings to my life, I'm so grateful, and I love that we're not just documenting accomplishments here. You know, we're not just documenting. Don't cry, It's okay.
Speaker 16: We we love you, Miss Joe Jackson, thank you.
Speaker 1: But I think that has been the thread throughout this season, you know, and I'm really excited about what's to come. I really am now about to cry praise them crazy.
Speaker 3: Well, see, clearly this is bigger than content. Yeah, this is a purpose.
Speaker 17: Purpose is bigger than content.
Speaker 1: It is and purpose is following us, that's for sure. I like that purpose, and with it, I think we should look back at some of the lessons that we learned behind these interviews. Let's take a look.
Speaker 7: Many may not know this, but I started in business, so my background is tech. I'm a tech entrepreneur. I think that when people think about a calling, they automatically go to a church mentality. They think, I'm called to.
Speaker 1: Be a preacher.
Speaker 7: I'm called to be a worship leader, maybe a deacon. And I wanted to expand the concept of what it means to be called because I do think that business is a calling. I think that science is a calling. So I wanted to expand that and then show them how to be called in that space. You can go to theological school if you want to be a preacher, and that's wonderful, But who teaches the person who's called to start companies? Who teaches the person who's called to be a scientist and create, by the spirit of God, groundbreaking health solutions.
Speaker 9: I'm a battle tested leader, and I fought with every single thing I had for the people of Atlanta and for the people across the state. And I did it because it was the right thing to do. And it didn't mean that every decision I made was perfect, but it did mean that I tried my very best. And you know, even when people have asked me, well, why don't you run for a second.
Speaker 1: Term, then that's a question that comes up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I went into prayer about that, you know, reminded people I finished my term and I finished it strong. I did a poll just before I left the Mayor's office at sixty eight percent. Our internal polls showed me so neew the people of Atlanta were please with the representation I provided, And I write about this in my book. My dad died suddenly at fifty five, and I given every I had to be mayor to the city. I was giving everything I had to my family right about even the night of the protest in Atlanta, when I gave.
Speaker 1: That, remember like it was yesterday. Yeah.
Speaker 9: When I got home my son, my son likes it was like they ate all the fish, They ate all the fried fish because I.
Speaker 13: Was cooking when I.
Speaker 9: Left to go to police headquarters. I came in and I fried fish and cook grips for him.
Speaker 1: When I got home back to it's like back.
Speaker 9: To Yeah, So I'd given every single thing I had, but at that time I had, I was pre diabetic, I was pre glaucoma, which I still am. I have to use drops now, I pre hypertensive, chronic inflammation. I gained thirty pounds, like all these things. And I would think my daddy died suddenly at fifty five if I had four years left, Yeah.
Speaker 1: What about my kids? What about me?
Speaker 9: And making a decision not out of weakness but out of strength.
Speaker 8: My book is a loving deprogramming of the consciousness of how we talk about success ancestrally. We are communal people come ancestray in present day whatever success that we may have, and it may not always come in a form that we want. Yeah, any great thing that we have done well in life, there have been prayer partners, there have been a group text of friends. Yes, there have people that slide you twenty dollars when you needed it when you're an undergrad. If I accept self made, then I began to erase people who've been very vital to the own fabric of my existence. Yeah, and so no one is self made. Is to say, be intentional about every single thing that you say thank you to, even the titles that people give you and I have sat interviews and people have said, doctor Keith, how does it mean to be a self made woman? And because I know that words are prophetic and I know that words and have an opportunity to teach in a moment, I always say, but actually I'm village made.
Speaker 1: You know, Guys, Like when I first started keeping Positive, Sweetie, I just wanted to have conversations with people, you know, I wanted to know their journeys. My vision for this was to show people that were more alike than were not. But I did not imagine within three years that I've been reflecting on eleven seasons. That is crazy.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and we started we came on at season five or.
Speaker 3: Six, and it's just the evolution of the show, the evolution of the team, you.
Speaker 17: Know, it feels bigger than creating content.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: I feel so blessed completing my first season came in like that beginning of like season ten is when you were going on the.
Speaker 1: Cruise and yeah, that one.
Speaker 13: So yeah, so that was really cool.
Speaker 2: And I think that it also speaks to the team and speaks to the system because I was able to jump right in and kind of really understand what was going on. So I think it still speaks to that I've been able to add my own pozzass and my shilliness to it. But overall, this is something that you know, you're creating a legacy and something that can live forever because of your greatness.
Speaker 5: And you're true. You know, people leave they leave here, they don't talk about the cameras. They talk about how they feel. They talk about the impact they've had, you know, like how important was to have a conversation you leave here with friends, family, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's real. Yeah, that's so true. And I think that some of the best conversations happened because we didn't just move on to the next topic. We said in it, you know, and we earned where we were in those conversations.
Speaker 13: And I love when people when you're like they want the clip, they want you to send them the clip they want.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 13: I love that part.
Speaker 1: I think, can you can you have them send me this? Yes?
Speaker 2: I love when that happens because it kind of just lets us know that we're doing we're supposed to do and having the conversations we're supposed to have. And it also just curiosity and the questions that we may want to ask or maybe thinking will never get the opportunity to. This also gives us that chance to get again another perspective, and just hearing from these greats and the things that they're enduring. It really puts your life into perspective. Like we were talking about earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all go. We are nobody is omitted from going through life.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, in life life.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 13: What's been your takeaway from this season?
Speaker 6: Wes, Oh, mine is stewardship You okay to Ray challenged me with that doctor key reinforced it. You know, like whatever God places in your hands, you know, lead it well. I mean, whether it's your business, family or just the conversation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just make sure you take care.
Speaker 1: Of I love that.
Speaker 3: Minus Grace, my takeaway from the season is just a reminder that everyone is carrying something and most of the time you never know. And we've had the biggest superstars sit on the couch. We've had the most intelligent, most successful people sit on this couch, and when they start to share their journey, it's a reminder that grace goes a long way and you never know what someone's carrying.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 1: That is so good. I believe that this season reminded me of why I started this show in the first place, you know, And it wasn't for the headlines. It wasn't for the clips, it wasn't for the views, you know, because I definitely in the beginning and even still sometimes get caught up in where we are and how the show is growing. I think that's with anything that you're that you're passionate about. Yeah, but there was a time where like I was so like, Okay, what is what's happening? Like how do we get back to what it was?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: But the main thing is when I go out and in the streets and I'm traveling and people stop me, Oh my goodness, your podcast changed my life. Your podcast Robbing Closer to God. Your podcast made me men my relationship with my mother. It's helping me hand on my finances better, you know, because we touch on so many different things, and my mental health.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 1: To hear that and see women almost in tears, you know, thinking about how this has impacted them, it reminds me of the why, you know, because it's so easy to get lost and everything else. We talk about comparison, we talk about seeing what everyone else is doing, and sometimes you got to take a step back and look at everything that you've been able to accomplish and do. And I think with this show we have definitely made an impact and that is what I'm most proud of.
Speaker 13: Yes, give ourselves around of a plot.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm excited me too. This is good. So if I had some champagne, I would cheers y'all to season twelve.
Speaker 5: Weis Oh, we.
Speaker 1: Do have man tails. They ain't paying us, so we can.
Speaker 2: Got her check if you ain't lying else, No free promo if you haven't learned anything else like this.
Speaker 1: Right here cheers.
Speaker 5: On the side.
Speaker 1: No, but for real, I'm excited about season twelve. I cannot wait for you all to see what we have in store for you. Bigger and better is coming and we are excited to continue to grow. Thank you to everyone who tunes in every single week. Thank you to everyone who sends a clip to a friend. Thank you to everyone who shows up to the live shows to meet us in person. Thank you for everyone who has joined the Sweet Social Club. There's so many different things that we have going on, and I'm just grateful that you all trust us, you know, because we could not do this if you didn't trust us, And thank you for sharing space with us and bringing us into your homes and your cars and wherever you are every single week. I love you guys.
Speaker 3: You guys are doing so good.
Speaker 13: Chris got everything on Hard Cars.
Speaker 1: Looking back on this season, I realized.
Speaker 18: Well, I kind of like tell you we did it.
Speaker 3: We're naturals. We need a show.
Speaker 5: I did to say, I to say this stuff.
Speaker 16: You don't got the words of three, making sure making sure she got you would just give us giving you not following, not following.
Speaker 3: Really smart, really talked about so just to make sure you have those players.
Speaker 1: That's so good. Oh man, I'm like.
Speaker 11: I was going on here.
Speaker 1: That's this. We're like they don't know if I'm acting or not because I'm so into it. We're like I literally like start like talking before I got them, Like yeah,