Speaker 1: What's that sound.
Speaker 2: That's the sound of Downy Unstoppables send beads going into your washing machine and giving your clothes freshness that lasts all day long. There it is again. It's like music to your ears, or more like music to your nose. That freshness is irresistible. Let's get a Downy Unstoppable's bottle shape and now a sniff solo. Nice get six times longer lasting freshness plus out of protection with Downy Unstoppables and wash sent beads.
Speaker 3: On iHeartRadio, it's time for Vikings Country, brought to you by Miller Lyte. Now here's your host of Vikings Country from Kfan and the Vikings Radio Network.
Speaker 4: Muss, Cord and Hall takes the staff of Sleft Fires to be a Zone Top t Jame Hockinson with this third touchdown this season, love straight drop fires at center of up big.
Speaker 5: On Man Hender snap Dead.
Speaker 6: It was Pa Tump in front of Jean Marie Hare comes.
Speaker 4: Jospatillas, till a fifty to the party, fars Notto the thirty five. Wait, so we're a packer at the twenty five?
Speaker 5: That is Josh battellis with a big.
Speaker 4: Interception middle of the third quarter and the Vikings have turned over all. That is green and bold, first in ten from the Green Bay twenty Coupans gonna look one right.
Speaker 5: Pot top to.
Speaker 6: John for Dan Annison.
Speaker 4: With his vin the nst Little Football League touchdown that gives Minnesota on a twenty three to three lead, and for Georgy that touchdown needs he has the most in the history of the Minnesota Vikings through the first eight games twenty three three.
Speaker 5: Biking, don't drop the fumble.
Speaker 1: We'm running through the world like a running back Scoffassmunning running back guy thirty US.
Speaker 7: So here we are Viking Scotchery with Miller like the official beer spot. Sure you are Minnesota Vikings. We're hanging out in Waconia. I'm must your hosts and we're here at saloon with so many Skull fans.
Speaker 6: This is so awesome, mo.
Speaker 7: What I love about that open there is that Brett Blakemore, who's back at the studios and a big Packer fan. He said, this feels like a bit of overkill with that open there. But there's two reasons I did that open third quarter opening drive and then going into the third quarter. But more importantly, I played Pitbull who's from Miami and who played at Miami and now is in the Miami Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: No, I've been the Hall of Fame. I just went into the Ring of Honor.
Speaker 6: The Ring of Honor.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, Chuck Foreman, ladies and gentlemen, thank you.
Speaker 1: That was last week. Yeah, so I was on my way back. I just got home last week because we drove by choice of course.
Speaker 6: Right right, right, Yeah, so you're in the Ring of Honor. Your already know.
Speaker 1: I Ring the Hall of Fame, But this Ring of Honor thing is like the you.
Speaker 7: Know, how cool is that to be on the field and just kind of feel that whole love all over again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it certainly did. You know being in Miami, and Miami is a different type of town. It's got a little bit of you know, the vibe is different.
Speaker 7: You're saying, Miami vibe is a little different from Minnesota vibe.
Speaker 6: I don't understand, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. And then there's a whole lot of other things going on in Miami, which means that's why I love Minnesota. I mean, Miami is good for a minute, Minnesota is good for a long for the long term.
Speaker 7: So it's basically, any like city state that you're gonna live in is basically going to start with an M because you're from.
Speaker 6: Maryland, right, And then he went to Miami.
Speaker 1: In Minnesota, right, the three M.
Speaker 6: So here's the thing, this is what.
Speaker 7: I love is that first and foremost Chuck Foreman was gonna be here on the show, but he decided to go on a bike ride.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was on my bike ride and I'm like, there was something I'm supposed to be doing, right, there's no joke, and I'm like about three miles into it, and then about I think it was like four or five now I don't know four. Anyway, it's like about, yeah, you're supposed to hear twenty minutes to five, and I'm like, what the heck. And then a friend of mine, Brian, called hey, Chuck, you supposed to being with Cony. I'm like, that's it. Let me get that home. And then when I turned my bike done, and then my text went you know, my thing went off. You gave me to notice that I was supposed to be heading out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you ride bike in this crap? Yeah, yeah, it's a cold day. Do you have one of those fat tire bikes?
Speaker 1: No, I got a road bike, man, I got one of those real nice ones. It's called a specialized. But you know now, I just put my winter stuff on and hit the road.
Speaker 7: Chuck might also have saved my marriage here today, we're sitting here.
Speaker 6: At the saloon.
Speaker 7: All of a sudden, my phone goes off and he's like, who's Christy.
Speaker 6: You might want to an him. I was my wife. You might want to answer that.
Speaker 1: I'm I.
Speaker 6: I'm busy, I'm working. She can talk later.
Speaker 1: You have too busy for that call, bro.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, especially with the Halloween and I set everything up for the house in front and she didn't know how to work the lights.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you saved me.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 7: Buddy, NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year nineteen seventy three, we're talking about Chuck Forman seventy three to seventy nine with the Minnesota Vikings five time pro bowler.
Speaker 6: You've done it all.
Speaker 7: It's just absolutely amazing all the things that you have accomplished in your life. Now, when you hear that segment opening up here in Vikings Football, I'm sorry almost a Vikings Football Sundays, Vikings Country. I have too many shows three straight games. The Vikings defense, and we're gonna talk offense, We're gonna talk kir Cousins coming up here, but.
Speaker 6: That Vikings defense. Three straight games.
Speaker 7: They're holding opponents to just over thirteen points per game, and they are just absolutely killing it right now for real.
Speaker 1: They certainly are. And as long as they continue to play that well, the Vikings will have a chance to win. Now, I don't know. I mean, Hall's going to go in there this week for sure. They just traded for Dobbs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Dobbs, and.
Speaker 1: I watched him play a couple of games during of course, he's not bad, so he's probably a good guy to have, you know, for the duration of the season. I think he'll do us. He'll do a good job when he gets here.
Speaker 7: Did you ever have and when we get to this a little later, more in depth when we talk about kir Cousins, but did you ever have a moment in your career with the teams that you were playing with, especially with the Vikings, where you had just a massive player at somebody that was a huge leader, somebody was really the heartbeat of the team, go down.
Speaker 1: Right, Frank targeted, Yeah, and then we had Bob Lee back him up, and Bob Lee came in and did a really good job. But that's why it's always important to my opinion anyway, you got to pretty much have two starting quarterbacks in this league right now, Yeah, because if something does happen to your number one guy, you got to have somebody that can come in there that the players respect. No can get the job done. And you know, he may not be as good as the guy there, but he's the guy that can get you over the hump until he gets bag. And so the Vikings, you know, when Kurt went down, I know, well when he went down, of course, that's all. That was the big question. What's going to happen from that point on? Right?
Speaker 7: All right, Chuck Foreman is our guest here Vikings Country. It's brought to you by Miller Lite. We're hanging out here in Waconia. And also in that segment you heard, Mattelis gets that sweet pick.
Speaker 6: It's a nice return.
Speaker 7: And then what do you do first, especially when you're in Green Bay, you throw the dagger.
Speaker 6: And it goes to Addison. He gets that touchdown.
Speaker 7: So a series that's one play twenty yards took five seconds off the clock.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: But Jordan Addison, why I want to bring that up is how good this young man has been so far and the one thing that he did early on in the season so far is that he loves that spin moving. You are the spin doctor.
Speaker 1: Well that's true, but you know, so far, so good. He hadn't been caught in the middle of it, and you don't want to do that. So if he can do it, about that happening, and he'll he'll be you know, he'll be fine. But if you ever get caught in the middle of that thing, I can tell you firsthand, it hurts a little bit.
Speaker 6: So when you when you're doing the spin, so.
Speaker 1: You got to know where you're going. You know, it's not like to me. You know I was and when I did it, I was going to space, open space. I mean, I wouldn't worry about the guy. I knew I could dump him, you know. But but you know, you need to have great, you know, some pretty good, pretty good peripheral vision and when you see that space over there, you better know that it's open and you better know that there's nobody coming in that space, because if you do it and you can't see what's coming, well you know, I trust me. As I said before, it hurts me.
Speaker 7: So when you're doing that spin move, spin doctor and everything like that, Uh that that's not something Is that natural or is it something that you picked up because you saw I believe.
Speaker 6: It was a basketball player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Earlda Pearl, mind bro. I'm from Maryland. Courts basketball. It's a big sport there back on the East Coast, and I played basketball and like everybody else, and Earlda Pearl was with the Knicks and the Baltimore Bullets at the time. When I watched him as a kid, and he used to be we used to come down and do that spin move on the basketball court. That was a big move then. And I remember my rookie year we were playing that at the time, the Houston Oilers.
Speaker 6: Oh sure, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And I all of a sudden I saw some space over there, and I gave this guy this little thing to go left, or gave him that thing. Then I came back behind me and that was like, wow, I'm in this open space. And so I just said, well, this is my move. Yeah, but you like and I learned quick that you can't spin into you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, yeah, spin out, yeah.
Speaker 1: You don't. You don't want to do that, but you get caught once, you'll know not to do it again. But that was that was I had it in my you know, because I was a basketball thing. But then I brought it to the football field and it worked out pretty good.
Speaker 7: Spin Doctor, your nickname Earl of Pearl. We've already mentioned that one right there. The Old Trapper, of course, we all missed very much. The Purple People Leaders you got, Moose, you got well too, Minutammy. Some really good nicknames here in Minnesota.
Speaker 6: What is your favorite nickname of all time?
Speaker 7: Not just even Minnesota, but also just in sports, like gallipinganhost or something like that.
Speaker 1: I can't get to be honest with you. I really, I've never given any thought to be honest with you.
Speaker 6: Do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 1: I've seen some crazy things in my really okay, you know, at least I thought of it. Maybe I was, I don't know.
Speaker 6: But maybe it was one of those spin doctor things that the wrong way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I've seen some things that I was kind of like, couldn't explain.
Speaker 7: It really really was mostly in Maryland, would I say? Or was that all the way around?
Speaker 1: I mean, it was, it was. It was in Florida. It was really yeah, when you were out in the Everglade. Oh really, yeah. We I was out there.
Speaker 6: I mean, this is Halloween.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 1: We were out there, and you know, it was at night. We were supposed to be camping out. You know, we heard some stuff out there because you know, first of all, that was when I was a young dude, didn't know much about the Everglade and I was at the University of Miami at the time, and I was going out there with this guy named Ray Bellman. He's from Florida. You know, he's a this old country boy. But we were out there in the Everglades, and I can tell you, and you know, once I saw that thing, I don't know what it was. I didn't even I didn't even wait around to give it.
Speaker 6: I left, just started running.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I left. And then you know, and then we were he was out there waiting and fishing, and then it got started to get dark, and I kept feeling something hitting us on the lower extremity. I'm like, I'm out really yeah, there was some crazy stuff out there. I don't know what they dumped out there in the Everglades, but believe me, don't go out there at night.
Speaker 7: Chuck Foreman talking about ghost stories here on Vikings Country on a Halloween night.
Speaker 6: I absolutely love it.
Speaker 7: We're here in Waconia, we're here at the saloon.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys so much for coming out. We got more coming up on the way.
Speaker 7: We will touch you a little bit on the Kirkcusss thing, because there's no way you can't this week with the Minnesota Vikings and of course right here on K eight.
Speaker 9: Hold up, I'm eating breakfast right now, and you need to hear about this. Have you ever tried Daily Harvest? My mind is literally blown. I'm enjoying a strawberry peach smoothie made with strawberries, peaches, gojiberries, raspberries, and gluten free oats. Wow, just wow, it's a fruit explosion. I also got this opal from Daily Harvest. So delicious. There's real fruit in here and even some veggies. It's not freeze dried or artificially flavored. Sorry, I just can't believe how delicious everything is. I want to start every morning like this. Daily Harvest meals are quick, nourishing and so flipping good. They're made of sustainably sourced fruits and veggies and delivered right to my door. You got to get in on this. Go to Dailyharvest dot com and enter promo code Harvest for up to sixty five dollars off your first order. That's dailyharvest dot Com promo code Harvest for up to sixty five dollars off Again Daily harvest dot Com promo code Harvest for up to sixty five dollars off.
Speaker 1: Fan the fare.
Speaker 3: It's time for Vikings Country, brought to you by Miller Lyte. Now here's your host of Vikings Country from Kfan and the Vikings Radio Network.
Speaker 4: Muss hand off pack to a first up the middle across the five to.
Speaker 2: The goad line.
Speaker 5: Touchdown cap Makers with his first touchdown wearing purple and volved and the first rushing touchdown of the season.
Speaker 4: For the Minnesota Vikings is a six yard production at Minnesota Lane six.
Speaker 9: Zero.
Speaker 8: Cousins goes out with shundownald rd nineteen from the prebay twenty two to Jade Hockinson in motion with a lap Kurt facing a three man rush Andy stack come back to back plays that time, it was getting hard.
Speaker 6: Really hurt.
Speaker 4: Kind of stumbler amb Perk's lumping off the field.
Speaker 6: By the way, perk.
Speaker 8: Looks like he messed up his right ankle. Right, we.
Speaker 6: Go down, go down.
Speaker 7: Now, I'm keeping it Miami here for you, buddy arm flow rider.
Speaker 6: Yeah, are you a big fan?
Speaker 1: I know, I mean I don't keep them at all. But he got good flow, He got good stuff. My granddaughters, you know that's they keep it all.
Speaker 7: Number forty four Chuck Forman, Ladies and gentlemen's hanging out with us here. Thank you, Vikings Country. Okay, so let's go with that whole thing. That was our first rushing touchdown. You heard there, cam Akers, first rushing touchdown of the season. Uh, it's been a bit of a struggle.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 7: I understand that that our offense is really.
Speaker 6: Predicated on the pass first and then they run. But why can we not get things going?
Speaker 7: In your opinion, given the fact that you're stats when you were playing, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, but that was a different time.
Speaker 7: Five n and fifty yards, but you sixty three touchdowns in your career.
Speaker 1: You see, in my time, if you got a thousand yards, just a thousand, that was a big, big, big, big big deal, right because it was run dominant the offenses and then you know you wouldn't thinking about burning clock and things like that. As far as the vikings go, you know, you got to build from the inside out that running game. You know, it's got to get better. But it's been good enough the last few games for them to be to open up their passing game and the and the other thing about it is, you know, no justin Jefferson, but Addison's come in and done a great job. So and then we got Osbourne and you got that talking so you know, there's all those things in place. There's weapons, Yeah, there's weapons there for them to do what they need to do. Defense is playing great, but as far as scoring the you know, running the running game goes, I think the more you do it, the better you're gonna be at it. But as you said, it's more of a past first run, second right offense. And so if you're not if that's not the number one choice, but I'm a firm believer in establishing a running game and then everything else opens up. Now that's just me and maybe I'm an old school but you.
Speaker 6: Know, here's the thing about that.
Speaker 7: I knew you were gonna say that, the old school part of it, because okay, first off, the offensive line, defensive line, when you're playing unbelievable with.
Speaker 6: The Minnesota Vikings. But also you were an innovator as far as.
Speaker 7: Like Jerry Burns, let's throw the ball to our running back, let's let's move around.
Speaker 6: I mean, you were not just a north and South kind of guy.
Speaker 1: No, not at all. But then when I was in college, you know, I played wide receiver, I played running back. I played cornerback when I got here. That was really the first time. Well actually, when I got into the college All Star games and they focused on me playing running back. And then of course, you know, I don't know whether you knew it, but I was the MVP and everyone I played in And then when I got drafted by the Vikings and Jim Peeks brings me into the office and then he says, well, where do you want to play corner? You want to play wide receiver, You're gonna play running back. I'm like, wow, I just made all these all star teams, and I was running all these great guys that were supposed to be the top guys. You know, Greg prud otis armstrong. I keep going, and I was like getting the MVPs, and so I said, why aren't you just gonna let me play running back. Then they say you're gonna play running back, and then they turned me into a full back. And I was really upset when they did that. But once they explained to me why, then I understood it.
Speaker 7: Before we get into more of your A gaps B gaps, Jerry Burns in the F gap, which you know where I'm going there, I gotta tell everybody you can join p A at the Elk River b w H Buffalo Wild Wings.
Speaker 6: That is this Friday.
Speaker 7: It's nine to noon the Friday Football Feast presented by Coors Light. Enjoy food and drink specials and a chance to win Vikings tickets and more.
Speaker 6: Visit Vikings dot com.
Speaker 7: Slash b w W for the full schedule and details. Quickly on Coach Burns on that we heard you talking about the A gaps, the B gaps, but the F gaps?
Speaker 6: That guy did he did he? Did he teach you more about the F word? Or did he teach you more about it.
Speaker 1: Being definitely part of the normal vocabular When I got the you know we are on air soles, I can't say that, but instead of calling your name, you'd say, hey, you ye know that got that type of thing. But him, Bud Grant. You know, they ran into the innovative right way before our time, because you know, like when they switched our offense, they called it a purple offense. Bud came to me and said that, look, you're not going to be recognized as the best one you on this part of your game, but you're going to change the game. Yeah. And I couldn't quite understand that because I thought you just played football and you know, whether you could run it, catch it, you they just looked at you like that. But for me, until recently, you know, the only thing they judged me by was my running game. That was from the full back position. All the stuff I did is receiver. That's out the door. Right until like what forty some years later. Now they're trying to say that the all purpose back is that was a way to go. Yeah, but I'm trying to say, well, I did that long ago. So you know when they talk about these guys, it started no no, no, no, But that's my thing.
Speaker 7: So they're like in the biking scuntry we got going out here, Chuck foreman, ladies and gentlemen, the legend here for the minutes, I Ike it number forty four.
Speaker 6: Now you had you had the luxury to play.
Speaker 7: With one of the greatest and the greatest quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings, Kirk Cousins. He gets injured injured there, he's got the torn achilles. He's going to be out for the rest of the season, maybe the last time he's actually played for the Vikings.
Speaker 6: We just don't know at this point.
Speaker 7: But would you place him over how many quarterbacks we've had here with the Minnesota Vikings, would you place him at number two, right behind Fran as far as a franchise quarterback, given the fact that he's played here how long and what he's actually done as a quarterback.
Speaker 10: I would say, yeah, yeah, yeah, I think. And then you know, the on the other guy I was thinking about with Tommy Kramer, Oh yeah, you know, I don't want to leave him out of the mix and not buy any stretch of the imagination.
Speaker 1: But then, and that's the close. You know, I'm almost like a time I'm just saying Kirk is in my opinion, especially this year, he was in the top three. He was one of the top three quarterbacks in the game.
Speaker 7: There's easily twenty eight teams that didn't have a quarterback better.
Speaker 9: Nothing like that.
Speaker 1: And so, like I know, the contract thing and all that stuff is always in the picture. But this is what I'm saying about Kirk. You know what kind of quarterback he is. You know what he can do when he has the time. So you got to give him the things that he needs to showcase his skill set and when he has the time. There's not a quarterback in the league that can put the ball where it needs to be better than maybe one or two, right, but he he can do the job. And so the last three especially this year, Kirk gets the time. The offensive line has been playing better, his stats are better. You know, they winning games and the games that they lost, games that they should have won. Yeah, you know, so as.
Speaker 6: You're watching this twenty twenty three Minnesota.
Speaker 7: Vikings, if you were gonna, you know, crystal ball this thing a little bit, if you're gonna magic eate ball this thing and shake it up and ask what's gonna happen? What do you think is going to be the end result for the Minnesota Likes.
Speaker 1: I think they'll be a playoff team. I think the defense, of course, is if they continue to get better and played like they're playing for defense is number one, and then I think from the offensive standpoint there they get well. First of all, I don't know who to get. We got a haul to go this week, and then they just you know, sign Josh Dobbs got stopped. And now watch him play this year. He's a pretty darn good quarterback and he might be the right guy at the right time for our team because I think if he gets up and he gets here, I think he can steer the ship and keep it going. So I'm not saying he's gonna be Kirk Cousins, but I'm saying, if the defense plays well, we got you know, Chu Sivers, We've got all that happening. I think they can they can, you know, play well enough to be a playoff.
Speaker 7: Shuck foreman, ladies and gentlemen. Here a biking scatchery on the f