Speaker 1: What's going on? Everybody. Welcome into Fantasy pros. This is leading off live the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. I'm your host, Joel Rico, joined today by Casey Bubba, and we are going to have some fun breaking down the headlines, a couple of interesting news and notes to get through a very lengthy injury report. Unfortunately, there's a lot to go through over there. But Bubba, great to be with you, my friend. I've gotten my Bubba and the Bloom T shirt on to celebrate the occasion. How you doing today, Bud.
Speaker 2: Good, I'm doing well. That's the that'sdog. That's that's the first first rendition of the T shirts. That's great to see. But yeah, back in the saddle with you for another week of baseball. You mentioned lots of injuries to discuss, but we're still playing. We've got about two months to go before it's all said and done.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize there was an updated version. I'm gonna have to definitely get one of those. I love this one. Great shirt, got Bubba and the Bloom on the back. Yeah, definitely definitely good stuff, good merch. But today we're going to talk about some other merch as well. Actually because here at Fantasy Pros, We've just launched some new leading off merch which I think is really really cool. I actually put in an order last night for a few things, and you guys can get it yourself check it out at the Fantasy pro store, and we are also giving away a fifty dollars store code and a premium sub If you want a chance to win a fifty dollars Fantasy Pros Shop code for one year Fantasy Pros Premium subscription, then this is your shot. Just leave a comment on any of our twitch streams at twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros right here, and as always, you get a one and a half times odd boost at winning. This is a thank you for your support, and if I were you, guys, I would take the code whoever is the winner and go in and get some of that new leading off merch. It really is cool. The logos, t shirts, hats, all of it looks really really cool. But with that out of the way, let's talk some baseball, everybody. We are going to start it off today with Francisco Lindor, who just went nuclear last night, two big home runs, also a triple. He had six RBI and I'd heard a lot of talk over the last few weeks about how maybe the Mets trade Lindor and he's having a bad season. It's been a bit of a down year, but when you consider the hamdmate phone injury that he had to start the year a one oa WRC plus a seven forty three ops, it's not typical Lindor stuff, Bubba, But it hasn't been a horrible season here at all for him. What are your thoughts on Lindor's year as a whole, What do you make of him going forward? And do you think that there's a chance we might have entered the decline phase a little bit here?
Speaker 2: There's always a chance you're thirty two years old that we've we've entered the decline. And I don't know if it's a Mookie Betts level decline just yet, but we could be seeing it. But I'm also going to take that handmate injury with a grain of salt. With Francisco Lindor and he's starting to wake up at the plate. We know it takes guys a while, Like Vinnie P's went back for a bit, haven't seen much out of him power wise. Jerry m just returned. So we'll wait there, but we'll talk about another player that handmate to start the season. That's that's heating up all of a sudden. But yeah, you got Lindor just over. Like the last week, he's hitting three seventy five with three Jackson eleven RBIs. The play discipline's great skills are still there. I'm not worried about. I know the Mets are trying to clear salary, even though they have most money in the world, but Lindor wouldn't be at the top of my list to move. But I think he still got a handful of really good If they want to trade in to San Francisco for Reallyadamis, I'm in. Like, if they're fed up with him, I'll take him by the bay. But I'm not too worried.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't really been either. I think it'd be pretty short sighted if the Mets do end up selling him, or if you know, fantasy managers are saying this isn't really lind'or anymore. I think that he's still an excellent hitter. If you look below the surface, a lot of the stats are still very good. The barrel rates actually better than last year average exit velocity at ninety one six is the best of his whole career. Same with the forty nine percent heart hit rates. So I'm still on team Lindor here. He feels like a guy where we might get a little bit of a discount going into next draft season on him, and I'll definitely be taking it if we are actually finding that discount. You never know, we had a couple months left, he could finish really hot. But I'm a big fan of Lindoor and I still think that there are some.
Speaker 2: Good years left.
Speaker 1: Jhow cool stuff you on the Jumbo tron in Saint Louis last night. That's very very cool. It never happened to me, but definitely something that you know, it's pretty rare, I guess, Boba. Have you ever been at a sporting event and been interviewed by like an in game reporter or been on the jumbo tron or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've been on the jumbo tron or so I've never been interviewed. No one who dare put a mic near me at a baseball game or even a basketball Yeah, that's a bold like career ending, a potential situation. But I've I've made the jumbo Tron just by cheering and doing dumb things. Because yeah, I'm talking before the show. We all had a life before we grew up.
Speaker 1: We've all done some some some dopey things. We won't discuss them on stream here, but I do want to discuss Jackson Holiday because you mentioned the handmade gait that we had at the beginning of the year, and he was one of the guys that was impacted by it. He's played fifty five games this year and he started to really turn his season around a four hit game yesterday against the Tigers. Over the last month, he's hitting over three hundred and if you look at the season as a whole, a one to thirteen WRC plus, he has five homers, four stolen bases, a fifteen percent walk rate is pretty impressive to seven forty six ops. But there's also some things that I don't necessarily love. The bat speed has trended down in each of his big league seasons eighty nine, eighty eight point eight, and then eighty seven point six this year, the contact rates are worse, the swinging strike rates are worse. I'm not really sure what to make a Jackson Holiday, but I'm starting to feel like maybe he won't pan out as that top pick, as the huge prospect father with the Hall of Fame pedigree. I know he's not a Hall of Famer, but he could have been a Hall of Famer. I just don't know if Jackson Holiday has that skill set to actually pay off as the top pick and be a huge fantasy asset for years to come. What do you think of Jackson Holiday, Bubba, Because I'm despite the fact that he's looked pretty good over the last few weeks, I'm not sure I'm all the way in on him, all the way in as a bold statement, I'm very interested still do twenty two years old, Like, Yeah, I'm not going to be overly concerned in this situation. It's a head ground ball rate nearly a sixty percent ground ball like over the last month, So that's gonna take away a lot of the pop we're talking about.
Speaker 2: The back speed's interesting. Uh, maybe he's still kind of recovering from said hey injury, or he's trying a different approach to the plate. A lot of things to question. It's good to see him like over the last three weeks hitting four to ten and he's walking almost more than he's striking out. So those are things we'd love to see from a twenty two year old. Is he gonna be the you know his dad? No, no, not many aren't going to be that. But his dad might have had some help along the way, So let's just be real on that one. But I'm still just fine with holiday and we'll see where he goes, and hopefully it comes into discount next year and he could be a nice middle infielder for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder, you know, just the fact that the WRC plus is better, the walk rates better. I wonder what we're gonna see for a price on him. People will probably factor in some growth you think, like one fifty one seventy five range or does that even feel a bit too rich?
Speaker 2: That's probably about right, just because the name value the former number one pick. But like, let me give you a scenario this time, like years ago, we thought Bryce Terrang was a batting average guy. Like I'm not saying he's gonna be Bryce Terrang, but I'm my point being as a twenty two year old, things can change and change quickly at this area baseball.
Speaker 1: It's true. Yeah, Bryce Terrang was a guy that was seen as a single digit homer guy. He was gonna steal forty five fifty bases, He's gonna hit two sixty two seventy and his power games have been incredible the last couple of years. You know, the average exit velocities, the bat speeds, everything kind of improved from him from twenty four to twenty five, and I could definitely see that happening with Jackson Holiday. The talent is there for him. I think they're fairly similar. Stature five to eleven, two hundred pounds for Holiday and Terrang is six feet one hundred and ninety pounds, so fairly similar build. Holiday still a couple of years younger, but that I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat. If we could see him become Pryce Terrang and give you eighteen homers, twenty five steals, hit two eighty five, I think we'd all be more than happy with that from Jackson Holiday. But just wanted to point out that he's had a really nice stretch here and hopefully that does some things down the stretch and heading into next year as well. I wanted to talk about Jock Peterson. I honestly wanted to put him at the top of the sheet here. But the couple things, you know, superseded at lind Or at holiday. But Jock Peterson a couple of home runs last night. He's having another really good season, And I think we're getting to the point where I wanted to discuss how underrated Jack Peterson has been throughout his career. Twenty twenty five was a horrible down season, but he's fully rebounded. He has nineteen homers, forty RBI, he's hitting two fifty four, and he has a one thirty eight WRC plus. This is a guy Bubba for the last decade. Most of the seasons that he's played, there have been, you know, some injuries here and there. But when he's playing a full season, you're getting twenty five to thirty homers, You're getting a decent batting average, a two to forty career hitter, and a one twenty career WRC plus. He doesn't really get his flowers. I don't think though. Every year, aside from last year, Jock Peterson's been a great fantasy asset but doesn't really get talked about. Roster rates are low. I don't really get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the only thing I can think of because I agree with you, and it's it's great. Is the two things if we're talking, are you talking fantasy love or baseball love?
Speaker 1: Both? Really? Both?
Speaker 2: Okay, because fantasy, like the biggest thing, as you know, it's utol only is going to turn a lot of people off. That's that's just the bummer of it. But he still should be appreciated. The other thing is and it's benefited him. It's made him a better fantasy player. It's just some people can't get through it. He sits first lefties, so there's times where he's not going to play a lot, and that turns people off as well. I don't care. I keep him on my bench when they play right he's I put him in. When he plays lefties, I put him down. It's a very simple game. And I have nineteen home runs and he's hitting two fifty four. So I'm just fine with that scenario, all things considered. But I think that's it. And he's thirty four, like he's older than I thought he was, to be completely honest with you, so that's the only thing I can see it being. And maybe maybe he doesn't get to love that he deserves because he keeps changing teams because it seems baseball doesn't care about him either, so that's another factor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's those are both really fair points just looking at it. His career kind of surprised me yesterday putting the sheet together, like twenty fifteen and twenty three year old Jock Peterson twenty six homers, one sixteen WRC plus, twenty four year old Jock Peterson twenty five homers, won, twenty eight WRC plus, and a decade later, he's still doing it. Really underrated career. He's at two hundred and thirty seven homers. I wonder if he can push his way to three hundred bombs for his career either way. A really solid fantasy asset, not somebody that I would want to leave on waiver wires. The guy that definitely should be discussed more. CCD has a question here, Jock wars Jock versus Ajewing, and we'll talk about him right now because he's actually on the sheet. I'll skip ahead just a little bit. Ajewing three for five with the stolen base. Very impressive rookie season. He's now slashing two seventy one, three forty three, four seventeen. That's seven homers and twelve stolen bases as well in his sixty seven games and two hundred and seventy played appearances, So over the course of a whole season, he's pacing out to about a fifteen homer twenty five stolen base year with a good batting average as a rookie bubb But it's been really impressive. What are your thoughts it's been of viewing and would you prefer him or Jock Jams rest of season.
Speaker 2: I'm very, very impressed with Ajuan twenty one years old. We was talking about twenty two year old holiday. Aj Ewing is twenty one, and he does like on fire. I was when he came up with When Henry Bolte came up with the AIDS, it was kind of like that was the big fave week, and I took the discount on Bolty thinking I'd be fine, and for a while it seemed good. But Ewing has been amazing. I think he's out shining because the power was never really there in the miners. He had like a Nico Horner profile, and he's kind of shifted things to the big So very impressed. Curious to see where it goes with him at the big league level. And to CC's question, I took Ewing just because you get five categories out of him, and that's maybe goes back to the first question you had is why do people not respect jockaef. Well, you're getting power or like you're getting a lot of production, but a guy like Ewing can just run past that.
Speaker 1: I think that's right. Yeah, I think Ewing considering you're getting the five categories. I mean, I could see go with Jock if you're in a situation where you just strictly need power. But by and large I think I agree there that Aj Ewing is the guy you should be going with. We got a couple of cool stream streaks in the chat say that five times fast game over five streams, J Chow twenty streams and BD seven D stream streak. We really appreciate you guys, Thank you so much for tuning in. If you guys haven't done so already, subscribe to the YouTube channel, subscribe to the podcast, like comment do all that great stuff. We really do appreciate it. Here at Fantasy Pros, we're going to keep it going and talk a little bit of negative and that'll be George Kirby. Seven runs, including four homers. Jock Peterson definitely played a part in that, as the Rangers crushed him over his four innings. And it's been a really down season for George Kirby. This is a miss for me because I was investing in him. I thought that this was going to be kind of Kirby reverting back to what we'd seen over the first couple of years of his career, or we're sitting here with a three ninety eight era, And even more shocking than that is the one thirty whip. That's something that's always been there for George Kirby, the great command and the really low whips. It's been a horrible season for him, Bubba. The strikeouts aren't there. He's just not been very good. And I wonder what we do with George Kirby the first few years of his career, he looked like a top ten, top fifteen starting pitcher. These last two years doesn't even really look like a top fifty starting pitcher. So what do we make of him going forward?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he might be on a different team pretty soon, so we got that going for us. But I've been kind of hesitant on George Kirby for multiple years, Like Coast. Ryan Bloomfield loves George Kirby because he was a whip god, which you've mentioned not the case this year, and he's been very effective in that result. But I've just been kind of worried because I was never like big on his strikeouts and all those improved in the past, but those are down to twenty one percent on the season. You mentioned the contact he's given up. The walks are a little higher. For George Kirby standards, five percent is just fine, but I don't know, it's just a it's a profile. It's extremely hittable right now. He's got eleven point four percent swinging strike great, so he's it's good, but it's not great. He's not he's not dominating, he's pounding the zone. It's just not The fastball is not effective at all right now, and he's either changed his pitch micks up or figure something else out. But Kirby is not fooling anybody right now.
Speaker 1: He's hard to even really start. I think, I know he went through like a good phase there for five or six starts, but with the blow up potential, with the fact that there's not a lot of strikeouts, the fact that if he's not pitching at home, it worries me even more like when he's on the road. Opponents have a three to eleven batting average and a three point fifty nine wOBA against George Kirby. He's getting crushed on the road, and a lot of the time that happens for Seattle pitchers. We've seen some drastics splits. Brian Wu has some crazy splits this year. But I don't want to start him on the road. I'll start him at home in the right matchups right now, But this is not at all what I was expecting for George Kirby. I wonder what we're looking at for price on him next year, bub, But let's say he finishes with a four ERA and a one thirty WHIP. You know, I don't even think he's a top one hundred pick next year.
Speaker 2: No, No, he's not at all. He's probably do his teammate Luis Castillo where he went this past year. The problem is you mentioned those ratios. That is a whole lot of starting pitchers this year. So that's that's the only saving grace Maybe keeps Kirby in the discussion, because you'll have at least one guy in every draft will be remember the good days and hoping he can find it again. And maybe he does, and they'll take a shot on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I might be that guy. I might be the guy who gets suckered into Kirby again next year. It could happen. It could definitely happen. The guy I will not be getting suckered into next year Kyle. Kyle Bradish, My goodness, he gave it all back yesterday. Five runs on ten hits, over four and two thirds, and that did seem like he had kind of figured things out, and he was actually one of the bets I made yesterday was taken the Orioles under just partly because of how good Kyle Bradish had been and Kyder Montero, they both got blown up, Thank you baseball. But Kyle Bradish three seventy four ERA A one point thirty six whip. His walk rate is still over ten percent, the strikeouts are at twenty two point eight. He did look like he had figured things out there for a while, Bubba, but the whole product here is still pretty poor. And I wonder what we're gonna do with Bradish even rest of season. Like if you're in a ten team league, even a shallower twelve team league. Is he a drop? Is he somebody that you're even trusting at this point.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're dropping him just yet, just because it depends on you. You said twelve team like man maybe in the twelve Actually, yeah, that's a possibility. It just stinks because prior to this last start, it was six straight starts to three and runs or less one and run less than four of them. So you had something going for you there. The whip has not helped you at all of late. He's not like racking up the case as you would hope for Kyle Bradish. I think he's just wearing down personally, coming back from the surgery last year, the innings pitch workers one hundred and eighteen innings, it just seems like it's a different Brad. It's just I wasn't in autumn to start the season because I was worried about the workload, and it's coming to for like an eight percent k to walk over the last month. But I guess if to your original question it's twelve percent on the season, that is not good. That is not good at all. When you're looking at a pitcher, you want to trust for fantasy. So yeah, I you know, a twelve team or shallow where you're getting closer to that time where Kyle Bradish is in the discussion to be dropped. I would agree with that.
Speaker 1: It's just baffling. Like the last couple of seasons abbreviated seasons, sure, thirty nine innings, thirty two innings. He was unbelievably good when he was out there to finish off last season. He had a thirty seven percent strikeout rate over those thirty two innings, and he just hasn't been able to carry it over. I wonder if there's something some kind of underlying injury or something like that. But he might just not be as good as we thought, or this could just be a little bit of a longer recovery after his two years off essentially than we had hoped for. And maybe next year is the year to buy in. But this year has not been a good year for the Kyle Bradish owners. Guys, I want to remind you about my playbook. You can still input everything even though we are later into the season. You can manage your fantasy baseball lineups and dominate your leagues with my playbook. Suite of powerful tools to help you make better decisions, manage your line, and win your leagues. We can import your team to get custom Fantasy baseball news, rankings, and analysis. You can sink your leagues today at fantasypros dot com, slash MLB my playbook, or you can download the Fantasy Pros app. Not a big rookie lookie, but I do want to talk about Zach Thornton. It was six and the third against the Braves yesterday. Three ar in runs on six hits with five strikeouts, and things have looked pretty good for Zach Thornton. And I should also specify there was previously an H on the end of his name that he is now dropped. So if you're looking in the waiverpool Z A. C. It's not there's no H at the end there. But he's looked really good over his first five starts. It's a two forty three era, it's a point nine to one whip only come with a twenty percent strikeout, right, But Bob, but if you see Zach Thornton sitting out there on waiver wires, is he a guy that you would immediately be picking up or is it you know it's still a rookie pitching for the Mats. Like, what's your interest level going forward? And I'll give you the next scheduled start here. It is against the Marlins.
Speaker 2: Uh, yes, that's where I was going to go with the Marlins, very very interested in even though they are pesky. They finally won a game on on Monday. That's a plus. But the other piece of I guess cold water I would put on this, but the Martin starts great, don't get me wrong, But when you're looking down the line here, I think Thornton will be fine long term this season. Just know Clay Holmes is expected back Sunday Monday, and he's supposed to take Thornton's spot in the rotation. Now, I say Thornton should be fine because Homes or Paralta might not be in this rotation much longer, which leaves Thornton here. So yes, I say pick up Jack Thornton if you can roll it while you got it and see where it goes. Just be wary that he might spend like a week in triple A.
Speaker 1: Definitely a possibility. I wonder what the Mets are gonna do. Do you think they're gonna pair it all down? Like do you think the Chet's gonna get traded? And do you think they're gonna trade Parolta? And you know, what do you expect them to do with the deadline Bubba?
Speaker 2: There are a lot of talk they're involved in everything. Even as we recorded, jeffast And just post tweeted that Peralta, the Mets, and the Brewers are talking about a Paralta trade, soccer like they haven't done that before. I had to make sure the date was correct on it, that I wasn't reading the wrong thing. So I think they're exhausting all avenues because they need to, because it has been an utter disaster in New York. But I don't know. I just don't see this team unless they just, you know, give pennies on the dollar for these moves, I don't see them getting what they want out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a it's a weird situation to be in. I wonder if they're going to do the same thing next offseason and try and sign a couple of the big free agents. But I don't know. It's a mess. They're a mess, and I wonder if Stearns could be on his way out. I wonder what Cohen will end up doing. But it's ugly. It really really is ugly right now. Another thing that's pretty ugly, And I was kind of surprised by this. Jamison ty was DFA by the Cubbies and last year was a three sixty eight ERA over one hundred and twenty nine innings. Twenty twenty four was a three twenty seven ERA over one hundred and sixty five innings. He was almost kind of in this Michael waka Jose Quintana type of area in my mind, at least of guys who aren't like super super talented, but they still punch tickets on really good seasons nearly every year. But then Tye really fell apart this year and his fifteen starts a five to ninety two ERA one thirty six whip. I don't know, Bud, Do you think he latches on somewhere minor league dealer or something. He's going to be thirty five years old at the end of this year. Do you think there's a chance that Tyne just hangs them up, or you think there's any interest there that somebody will pick him up.
Speaker 2: Maybe, oh, he'll be on a team by the end of the week. Let's just face facts. Dallas Kiicel is on a minor league deal two days. So this will happen, is the reality of the situation, whether we like it or not. So teams are desperate, especially if teams do sell a bunch of pieces that they might just need a body for two months to make starts. So we've seen this time and time again as well. Carlos Carrasco has been signed and dropped six times by the Braves. Like this will happen. Tyan will get a shot. He's not what he used to be. He's a broken man, that's the reality. It's just crazy thinking we're going from Jamison taie On to likely Javier Asad and that's an upgrade, which the facade for those that aren't familiar with his name. But uh, but yes, he will get a job somewhere. He's not fantasy viable though.
Speaker 1: I don't think so either. It just makes me really sad. But the Cubs rotation this year, they just I'm really surprised this move was made just based on the fact that Ben Brown is on the shelf. Edwar Cabrera is rehabbing but still on the shelf. Kate Horton done for the year. Justin Steele, Brenda the show done for the year.
Speaker 2: I believe, how.
Speaker 1: Can you afford to lose hitching depth like this? I would have assumed that even if he's not been great, you'd still want to hold on and give him another chance or two.
Speaker 2: But well they got David Peterson Wills not cloud on that one. Just what it tells me is they're probably trading for a starting pitcher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would make sense. They should, That's what it tells me. Go trade for Freddy Parlt or can I interest you in mister Kevin Gosman?
Speaker 2: Potentially chokou I have Tyler Mala. If you're interested in something and cheaper, we'll throw it. We'll throw at Adrian Hauser for free. All right, Robbie Ray you want Robbie Ray? Got that going too?
Speaker 1: Oh? How you spoil us, Bubba? I mean Molly actually had a good start yesterday. Yeah he did, he did, So sell him today, Buster, get on the phone, sell him today.
Speaker 2: I would have been on the phone at the bottom of the seventh while Molly's icing his elbow, like, hey, he's good, take him, got a deal for you. But they came out red Light special upe.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I did a trade deadline show like four or five years ago and Tyler Molly was on the thumbnail. And to think of how far we've come from Tayler Molly being on any thumbnails, it's we're long ways away. Let's get to the three up and three down. The best and worst of last night. Kumar Rocker six and two thirds, seven strikeouts, two earned runs and picked up the w Merrill Kelly. It's a shame that Welsh isn't here for all the bashing he's done of Merle Kelly five and two thirds, allowed one unearned run while striking out six against the Pirates. And Max Kepler playing for Arizona these days, three for four with a couple of by What do you think of Kumar Rocker, Baba. He's a guy that I've always thought could definitely have that potential to be a great pitcher, and you know, we've seen flashes of it, but we haven't seen the consistency.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's the fact that he went to a good school and he was a high draft pick originally. But I'll always believe there's more in the tank from Kumar Rocker. Despite the fact that we're sitting here with a four h three ERA and a one point thirty whip? Am I crazy? Am I holding onto the past too much? Uh? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Year, not alone though, because I've been a huge Kumar fan this year, and I have taken a ton of heat for it, a ton of heat for it, even from Rangers fans to everybody that would give me their pulse. I think the skills are very very good still, and I get it. It is at in a rocky road with him. But when he's good, he's really good. When it's bad, it's really really bad. Not going to deny it, but as of late, a lot more good than bats. Like you mentioned his start on Monday against Seattle, great matchup, take advantage of it, but he threw six shoutout with six strikeous verst the White Sox to start before got beat up by Houston, but there was three runs, zero uns, two runs the three starts before. My point being he's getting better and better as the season comes along. Pitch mix is changing. Twenty six years old, Texas has nobody else around like Cody Bradford and Jomo Jordan Montgomery are going to be back soon. So as I said, they have nobody around cal Quantrill is their fifth starter. Rocker has got the leash and I think he's very good, and I'm I'm hoping he finishes mediocre so I can get a discount next draft season.
Speaker 1: Is this a safe place to say that I totally forgot that George Montgomery even existed.
Speaker 2: You're not alone, totally not alone. I only know because I have to do deep dives on the aost every week for HQ, So I've been like watching his rehab. I brought it up on The Fab Show with Ryan last week and he's like he's pitching, and I'm like, oh, yeah, he's like one rehab start away. He might pitch this weekend or next week for Texas. Like he's real close.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be setting fab bits with Montgomery.
Speaker 2: Will it will be Yeah.
Speaker 1: We're getting there. We are definitely getting there. But yeah, Meryl America like Kumar Rocker over his last five starts, a three seventy four, a three sixty five FIP, three forty nine expected FIP, and a one to zero four whip with a twenty one percent strikeout to walk right. So to your point, things are looking better for Kumar Rocker, and his next start appears to be at Houston, which is not you know, in my brain, it just beat him up. It still feels kind of scary. I I don't know, I don't really worry about starting him for that one, would you No, I'm starting them there, and then it's Baltimore at the Angels, which is great.
Speaker 2: You just kind of play it. Like I there's a thing I've done a lot this year because pitching has been so bad, so I've been really utilizing the bench streamer so you don't have to start them, but you're not cutting him because it's like, Okay, maybe you don't start him against Baltimore. I still would, but maybe you don't. I am definitely starting him against the Angels the next week he faces Washington. Probably not, but they're like, you could kind of play that game and it's it works out rather well.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The bench streaming is something that I don't think is as popular as it should be. You don't have to always just be picking a guy up off the waiver wire to put him into your lineup. If you keep three or four solid pitchers on your bench and then you have ten or eleven choices every week, I think that's the better way to go about it. I really do. And you can't always make it work depending on who's in the pool and you know what positions you need to have on your bench, but three or four bench pitchers and streaming there is usually a good call. Let's go to the down. Zach Wheeler Finally he was due. He had a bad one. Rather hilarious that this happened against the Marlins team that had lost twelve in a row, coming in five eurn runs over his three innings. I don't think there's any real concern though, for Zack Wheeler. Buba, do you have any concern after this one or just a random bad start.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping it's just a random bas star like you had look as sharp, he said, he was fine after the game. I'm just notching it up to every once in a while you throw a clunker out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The thing with the Marlins, like they looked so good for a while and then they just looked so so bad. But this was a good offense. This was a good offense for a good chunk of the season that went through a down period. But still a good team, So nothing to really worry about, Zach Wheeler. I mentioned Kayder Montero earlier. Not cool in all of my lineups. You see, he's gonna a two start week. Put him in there. Six runs, four of them, earned nine hits with just one strikeout. And then Max Scherzer man two and two thirds. He allot four hits and walk three batters, so fifteen total batters faced, seven of them were able to reach. He did not make it out of the third inning. This is my plea to Max Scherzer. I'm assuming he is a leading off viewer like most baseball fans. Please Max Schuser, please retire. Let Spencer Miles take that spot in the rotation. I know was your birthday. I know was going back to National Park. It was his one hundredth career start there. But as Lee said, he sucks at this point. I don't know what he was able to do last year to give us some good playoff innings. But he's done. He's done, Bubba, and I hope that it happened sooner than later.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I watched all two and two thirds innings of that because it was that quick, and he was lucky that was the damage that was done. He was struggle bussing it just to get through that and it was just weird, like okay, and he like calls to come get taken out out in the middle of the inning and you're sitting on Yeah, it felt like a retirement downously the way that he starts waving to the fans. But this is a retirement tour.
Speaker 1: I mean, there was a famous moment last year. I forget if it was in the playoffs or at the end of the regular season where John Schneider came out to take Max Chers out of the game, and Max Schers are essentially said, go back.
Speaker 2: To the dugout. Go back to the dugout.
Speaker 1: I'm not coming out of the game. And now to see he's pulling himself from games, it's like you're forty two years old. It's time to start thinking about grandkids. As least said up ten plus era before yesterday, so not very good, not very good stuff. Speaking of not very good, we have a lot of injuries. To get to Cody Bellinger. This is probably I probably should have had this higher up on the sheet, but we'll miss four to six weeks with a Grade two hamstring strain. There are going to be some leagues and head to head leagues that only go for another six weeks or so, Bubba in the formats that we're playing in predominantly the rodos that will go till Game one sixty two. Are you holding Bellinger or is this situation where you just caught him and move on.
Speaker 2: He's one step away from a cut. If you need roster spot, he has a cut. I'm more I'm a more of a ruthless cutter than most. I get heckled for it in my discord all the time. But literally, we have nine weeks of baseball left, eight FAB periods to go. That means this weekend, you're hoping he's back in three to five weeks and you have eight fabs to go. Worst case scenario, you get him for two to three weeks.
Speaker 1: He's a cut for me, and then you got a hope that he comes back and he's performing well and get a run. I probably he had been great either. I don't have a kind of Bellinger this year, so I've been following super closely. But I feel like over the last month plus of his plate wasn't that great. So I think you're you're probably all right to drop him. Laker was asking have we heard the health of Valdez and Mead. They both took pitches yesterday. Ezmerlynd Valdez, Curtis Mead. I mean, the fantasy gods are cruel here. Curtis meaet his first game with Boston, has to leave. Esmerlynd Valdez, who I believe is the number one Fantasy player over the last month, number one or number two. They both had to leave. I just did a quick check of the blurb feeds this if we've had any news come up here, haven't seen anything since last night. Met Mead has a contusion. X rays were negative, and I haven't heard anything on Valdez, but it doesn't seem like it's super super serious. But you never really know. There could be a small fracture in the hand. We'll have to just wait this one out for a couple of days and see. Unless you've heard anything, Bubba, is there anything else that I've missed there with those two?
Speaker 2: Just a little bit more on Valdez nothing, you didn't miss much at all, but there was imaging done, apply X rays. Nothing came back, but he left without without a brace on smiling from the game. That's a plus. Any schedule to have more image whence I'm guessing's a CT this morning, which I always as a guy that does news all the time. Like I mean, obviously X rays is your negative. It's a contingsion. Please do the thing because the full scans, because I wouldn't you have swelling. The X ray can't show you everything. So yeah, asberlyin, I think they're gonna do that extra info and I hope we'd get some news here pretty soon.
Speaker 1: I hope. So he's been phenomenal. He's just the type of guy you dream about picking up in the middle of the season, the guy that come up for the miners, and then he has a month where he pops as the a top three fantasy asset. So definitely hoping that he is all right, especially in that lineup. Any combo in the return of Akunya haven't mentioned him. He did return, he was leading off. I think he had a hit. All good. Put him back into your lineup, Lee saying we know you follow all the Yankees players. Joe absolutely nuts, absolutely not that much, not anymore than I need to. But I've given my flowers this year to sh Littler into Van Rice and of course Judge and YadA YadA YadA. But that's enough Yankee talk. Let's get back to the Blue Jays. Coincidentally enough here and it's a couple of well, it's one really sad update. Addison Barger had elbow surgery yesterday. It was a repair rather than a full reconstruction. His timeline is six months roughly, and he is expected to be ready for opening day. If you hear that Barger is going to be healthy going into the season and there's no setbacks, is he somebody that you would want to take a chance on heading into drafts next year?
Speaker 2: Bubba? Not yet? No, Like I'm just really he wasn't even playing that great before, given it wasn't very many at bats. Let's be honest, but I wasn't early in on him this year. Things are crowded than Toront done out the roster changes. We kind of a conversation, but I'll probably to sit back and watch and hope he finds it a game.
Speaker 1: I hope he does too. Definitely one of my favorite players, Addison Barger. Another update from Toronto, this one a little bit better he as you say it, Jaz could rejoin the Blue Jays over the weekend when the Cardinals come to town, and I did want to ask you, Bubba. Of course, contractually obligated to talk about at least one catcher. Andy Roudriguez, was activated from the IL, and he's a guy that was actually kind of low key doing really good things. This season. Catcher has been so crowded it's hard to keep track of all the good ones. But in his thirty six games, five homers, two steals, who's hitting two sixty five A one thirty eight WRC plus from Andy Rodriguez, quite literally, and one hundred point improvement over his WRC plus from last year. Any long term interest in Andy Rodriguez, whether it's redraft, dynasty deeper, anything like that, looking towards the future for Andy Rodriguez showed some pretty good skills this year.
Speaker 2: I like what we're seeing this year, and I think that's why they were willing to trade Joey Bart. I know Bart wasn't great, but they kept going back to Bart. They were willing to trade Bart. They've given Henry Davis the Schemes treatment. That's his guy, and they they were letting Andy be the catcher one at least sixty percent of the time, which makes him a catcher two in fantasy. So I'm very excited what we're seeing here, and it's a guy we wanted to be good a couple of years ago. It's never panned out.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, indeed, I'm interested. I got a couple of shares. I actually picked him up in one fab league on the Sunday, and I think it was the Monday morning he was put on the IL. So I'm actually gonna get with my lineup because for whatever reason, I actually held him in that league. It's a couple of dark catchers teams this year we won't get into but a couple more injury updates. Kerry Carpenter are trending towards an IL stint due to his aggravated heel injury, and then Spencer Steer placed on the aisle with a partial tear in his wrist. Spencer Steer, I know he's not a great player, but he's a solid fantasy asset. You get a couple positions of eligibility every year. You're getting, you know, fifteen to twenty ish homers, you're getting some speed, getting an all right batting average. I know he's not amazing, Bubba, but he's having a pretty solid year. I mean sixteen bombs in ninety eight games, fifty four runs scored. You ever been a Spencer Steer guy?
Speaker 2: Is he?
Speaker 1: I can't remember. Is he a guy that you target year in and year out or not?
Speaker 2: Really? He's not like a priority. But I've had plenty of shares, I had chairs this year. I like his flexibility, I like his price tag. I think he's over. He's exceeded expectations this year, I'll say in the power in the speed department. So yeah, I like Spencer Steer. It's a bummer. Like they say, you mentioned the partial tear. They flat out said he's gonna miss a good amount of time. Like so it sounds like a season anything for Spencer Steer. That is not good.
Speaker 1: Guys, Let's take a look over at the home run board and we'll see what's going on today, Hi Koby, I mean I mentioned it last week. It was up by three, now up by five. Starting to pull away a little bit here, Lee Goldman at forty one, whips So Flow, Solar Flare, and Razor Ramone all at thirty eight. The contest is far from over, but Hi Koby, definitely starting to pull away from my home run call today. I'm gonna go a little bit outside the box and go with Freddie Freeman facing Luis Castillo and the Seattle Mariners. He's been due for a homer. I haven't seen one in a while, and Luis Castillo given up five homers over his last two outings. So I will go with Freddie Freeman today, Bubba, who are you liking for a home run call?
Speaker 2: Let's just say in general, I like the Miami Marlins today. That's gonna be a target of mine in DFS. So I had to narrow it down. I was like, good, I just conine go back to back games. Yeah, we're going to Kyle Stowers. We're gonna go to Kyle Stowers. One the reason I'm excited about the Marlins is there's this guy that's Italiano that pitched really well in the WBC and fool people to draft him in fantasy, named Aaron Nola. He has not been good again this year, and over his last eight games, he's allowed fourteen home runs. He's allowed six in his last three games. He's allowed twenty seven and in runs in his last forty two and a thirty of these pitch. If you want me to keep going, I can. It's been brutal, and that just means that he's gonna throw seven shout out today because I just buried him on this show. But give me all the Marlins exposure you can, and I think Kyle Stowers and multiple good. He's given up at least two home runs tonight, if not three.
Speaker 1: He's finally broken the pattern that he had going since twenty sixteen of the even and odd years. He was brutal last year coming into the even year. It was at least written in my notes under him, it was a bullet point of it's an even year, and every even year in his whole career he's been good. And finally the pattern is broken now with thirty three year old Aaron Nola, and I think we can have you know, the curtains can close on that. Well, maybe next year he'll break the pattern. Like no, he's I'm just done drafting Aaron Nola and streaming Aaron Nola any of that stuff. Forget about it. But guys, that will lead us into our Best Bets of the Day, brought to you by our presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet Sports Book. Yeah, they call this the slow period of the year. Maybe it is, but that just means we have more time to dedicate to baseball tons of great stuff. If you check out the app, if you bet five bucks, you get one hundred and fifty ten bonus bets on top of your winnings. So, Bubba, where are you headed today?
Speaker 2: For your best bet? Stayed in Miami and I was going to go with Code Ninerstowers Zoo. I'm going to Auto Lopez over three hits runs in our beds plus one fifty feels like a gift. I know. Auto Lopez was in a slump for a while there, but broke out in a big way on Monday night against Wheeler and Company. Won three for five with two ribbies, even stole two bags or two runs in a ribby. I'm gonna go to Auto Lopes plus one fifty on this one.
Speaker 1: Auto Lopez, I wish he was still a Blue j D Backs and Pirates over nine and a half for me plus one fifteen. We did a video yesterday myself at Welsh talking about a couple guys to sell and Brandon Fotts had five really good starts in a row. He's won all five of them, but he struck out a total of fourteen batters in those five starts. I think that the reckoning is coming against a good offense today, and then on the other side of that Bubba Chandler, who has been one of the biggest disappointments of the entire season. So getting the plus money over at nine and a half feels like a pretty good bet to make there in the d Backs and Pirates game. Guys, make sure you are checking out hard Rock Bet every single day. There are new promos, no sweat bat, it's profit boost, bonus bets and more. Open the hard Rock Bet app now and see what you've got today. It is Florida's only legal sportsbook, but you don't have to be in Florida to join the party. Hard Rock Bet is also live in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan, with more states on the way every day. So down with the hard Rock Bet app and swing for the fences to day. Payable in bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminol Tribe of Florida. In Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital, LLC. In all other states, must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one A three to three play wise. In Indiana. If you are someone who knows a gambling problem and wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. In Arizona, Ohio and Virginia, call one eight hundred mis reset gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler Baba. That will wrap it up for us for today. We definitely hit the under. I mean the over has been cashing on like forty nine and a half fifty minutes, fifty one minutes. Unintentional under hit today, But always a great time, my friend.
Speaker 2: Always a great time chatting ball with you, and hopefully less injury news when we talk again on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's hope there's no four to six week type of things that happen in the next couple of days. Tomorrow you will get a little ITL invasion here, Welsh and Bogman. You'll still see me later yet tomorrow on the channel. Later yesterday, I was about to say my goodness. We got to wrap up tomorrow on the channel, you will see myself and Welsh at four pm Eastern time for a live stream doing Q and A, and it is potentially our last one. We're not one hundred percent sure, but if you guys show up and if we have a ton of people in the stream, we will continue to do though, so if you guys like the live streams, be sure to show up four pm Eastern that is on our YouTube channel. But guys that will do it for us for today or Casey Bubba, I'm Joel Rico. We'll talk to you next time right here on the Fantasy Pros Baseball Podcast.
Speaker 2: Take it easy, everybody. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball Podcast.
Speaker 1: Love the show. The best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB