Speaker 1: The o's and m's can't be stopped. Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros. This is leading off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports Books. It's me Joey p joe Piece app Here with you is the Welsh as always, and it's you. It's a fun Friday. We got the All Star break looming, a few more games to hit up some good ones as well. We had a picture's duel last night in San Francisco that was certainly fun. And we have our Home Run Derby participants and I am remiss. I said we would get to how we're doing the home Run Derby contest thing, and then I forgot to do it. Because I'm old and I'm c nile and Welsh. I think it's time to start me on some of that special medication.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask, because I mean, the first thing out the top, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: Are we drafting? And it's gone, it's gone.
Speaker 1: So here here's what we're gonna do. I'm just gonna do this right at the top of the show so I don't forget. So here is what the Lonky Penguin put together for us. I put in the show sheets so I wouldn't forget again. So here's what's gonna happen. Everybody's gonna select who they think will win and who they think will finish second. So you pick your one and your two finishers. So you pick your finals. I think these two people in the final, this person is the home run champ. Then everybody predicts a total number of home runs for the entire contest as a whole. Anyone who picks the winner gets one point. If you pick the winner and the runner up person in the correct order, correct order, you get two points. And whoever picks the correct first and second place hitters and is the closest to the total number gets three points. So we're doing it on a sliding scale. Does that make sense that I lay it out well or is it too complicated?
Speaker 3: As clear as mud, I think we're good. I think we're good. So I failed, So no, no, I got it. You get three points.
Speaker 1: So if I think it's Sodo and Julio at the end, then Sodo and Julio my ones and two picks. If I'm right, I get a point for each of those things. And if I get the highest total with those right, guys, then I get three points. So it's basically like a sliding scale of points. I think it's fun. If you have questions, hit up Wonky Penguin on Discord and she's running it. So that's I'm just passing the buck.
Speaker 3: And what do we do it? Do we do it in the home run the home run room on call room?
Speaker 1: I believe we do it in the home run call room. I will make my go.
Speaker 2: There's a tag right there that Wonky just put the tag in the chat. It's one uh and then the HR call tag.
Speaker 1: For all three there you go, use one HR call tag for all three in the order. So you put the name the name, so the first name you thinks first, the second name you think a second, and then the number I guess is the next thing.
Speaker 3: So that's yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Pretty easy, right, Wonky? Did I do it right? Did I?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe somebody, if you guys aren't checking out the discord, maybe somebody could throw an example in there for the people that come in and want to put their picks in. Maybe someone could show exactly what their picks are so we could see how it works.
Speaker 1: But it's good. There you go, there, Wonke if you want to give an example here, I could flash that so everybody sees on the YouTube channel so they could check really know how they're doing it. I'm sure she's already done this in the home run channel because she's running that ship. Speaking of running the ship, Gorbyn burns ten strikeouts and a no decision against the Giants rodn with seven. I watched him with this game last night. I was actually awake, if you could believe it, which is really odd for me. And yeah, it was very good, very entertaining. Pitcher's duel Tristan McKenzie struck out twelve guys. You know, Mackenzie's had a really nice season, starting to develop into the picture you think he could be. You know, the frame I think will always be a little bit of an issue. He's a little bit heavier than he was last year. But I know it hasn't been all roses with mackenzie. But if you liked what you've seen out of him more often than not, I think the answer is guest this year, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's a pretty big yess on that.
Speaker 2: Bag and I were going through some gambling bets yesterday and we were just all over this game. With the strikeout prop and the first five and then the actual run line because you know, just beating up on the Tigers and Mackenzie in general. McKenzie three two ERA after that performance almost nine k per.
Speaker 3: Nine little bit inflated left on base.
Speaker 2: Percentage, which you would like to see adjust. It's a little over eighty three percent. But one hundred innings on the air with seven wins and not an insanely different era to x fit, it's a great season. We're gonna come out. He's gonna be one of those guys next year. Who's gonna be one of those what is it like eighty to one twenty sleeper pitchers that we're betting on that's gonna take the next big jump, because he's taking the next big jump this year.
Speaker 3: So just exponential moves.
Speaker 1: And here you go, this is what it looks like. Exclamation point hr dash call and got Pete Alonso Kama Juan Soto Coama five hundred and seventy two, which actually sounds pretty good. Think I might just do that.
Speaker 3: And that's gonna exact one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just gonna steal that exact one. See how it goes happen. Something wouldn't be hilarious, is like dead on. And that was just the example one think I might do that just.
Speaker 2: And everybody's got to make sure when you're doing it, make sure you pay attention to the bracket so you're moving the right players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, look at the we'll talk about the bracket in a second show. Io Tani reach base three times and the Angel loss, So what else is new? But he did move ahead of Aaron Judge and the MVP voting on the or not voting in the MVP odds pardon me over on Fanduels. So there you go. That's very exciting. Carlos carrasco six scoreless things against the Cubs, Louis Robert and Homer Hit drove in five runs. And our boy Max Meyer is going to make his MLB debut on Saturday. I just did a video yesterday morning saying, hey, go pick up this guy before he gets called up.
Speaker 3: It's too late.
Speaker 1: It's too late. The video hasn't even come out yet, so now it sounds like I'm like living in the past. But you know what, at the time, I was right, and he's still available in like sixty five percent of leagues. Or something like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, here's got to be plenty of this guy up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he hasn't gone and actually performed his start yet. I mean place if you're paying attention to prospects or you're consuming any Fantasy Baseball content, people are going to kind of be on it. But there doesn't mean there's a you know, fifty sixty percent of an audience set out there that isn't. And Meyer's a relatively I known, actually a little bit better X fit this year than his era, which is in the threes over ten. Came back from the injury. You know, he's had some dominant, dominant performances with a couple spots. But you know, we we talked about it, like early early in the year, there's a guy that was going up against the rehab starts of Ronald Acunya and Joan Mancata and striking these guys out left and right. So, as you know, I'm very, very excited about Max Meyer, and he was one of the big pickups.
Speaker 3: And this is one of the.
Speaker 2: Last obvious leaves to fall of the pickups that you need to do. I just did a on my rank update, I do twenty five prospects that haven't been called up to look for and he's at the top of the list.
Speaker 3: And now now.
Speaker 2: It's like an open season of us just being surprised guys like a story are up. Now we just have to you know, maybe Corbyn Carroll at some point he's up at Triple A hitting homers left and right. The pool is very very different of prospects that are going to be coming up next.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, look, Meyer, his only delay was because of the injury. Wasn't anything wrong or anything like that. It was just simply, you know, the delay because of the injury. And that's actually a.
Speaker 3: Couple wonked starts though too.
Speaker 1: I think that was because of the injury, don't you think, like it's kind of like now favoring something and it was like okay, and that's all turns out he's on the eyel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it all kind of like accumulated to like this like month, you know, overlay that kind of was into each other because they're not going to bring him up if he was struggling, and then he just needed to get right after the injury. They I think they gave him one or two starts after the injury.
Speaker 3: And now boom, we're good to go. But I'm optimistic.
Speaker 2: I'm very optimistic on really everything on him, but I'm not you know, I don't. I don't expect to see any props on him as none of the books have been giving first time rookies any numbers.
Speaker 3: Just FYI.
Speaker 1: And look now the innings totals on as much of an issue too, because he's missed about a month, so all of a sudden, good point. Not is concerned about the end of the year for Maximyer. So like the investment I make in him is very important because like now I'm like actually a little bit if he's on the way WI, I'm more aggressive because he can actually help me. In August end September, it was just great points. The first pitch of the game from the Angels, Lefty read Debtmer's hit home the all two V on the left knee. He stayed in the game for a little while and then ended up coming out, So we'll keep an eye on that. Uh. We actually have a leading off mailbag question from our discord channel Edwalking Penguin has has asked, so you keep asking every day, are we allowed to drop Jared Walsh yet Welsh? Are we allowed to drop drop Walsh. That's hard.
Speaker 2: Oh that could be like the bot, like you know those Twitter accounts like has Vinne passe Quentino been called up today?
Speaker 3: There should be a Twitter handle? Can we drop Jared?
Speaker 1: Drop Jared Walsh?
Speaker 2: Yet I think like sure, I mean, if you if you want like the overarching, sure you could drop him.
Speaker 3: I would say.
Speaker 2: There's context to a lot of stuff out there. He's hitting two forty thirteen homers forty one RBI. That's not the worst thing in the world. There are worst players being rostered. The k percentage has gone over thirty. He is not walking lowess walk percentage, second lowest walk percentage of his career, which I'm worried about. But yeah, I think in like ten and twelve man leagues, there are probably other serviceable assets that are sitting around. You could maybe take shots. You could have taken a shot out like a Vinie pas Quentino. I bet, I bet there was somebody that had that exact decision of like, ooh do I want to pick up Vinnie? But the only drop of a person to have his Walsh and I don't want to give up. So I think he's in that space. If you hold on. I think you could still get twenty five homers out of him. He could have a little bit of pick up. I think the team in general could have a rally around in the second half. But I would be okay if you needed.
Speaker 3: To and don't. Yeah, I don't. Look at his batting average in July.
Speaker 1: Please yeah, point zero eight one DA in July. So has not been good. And I'm waiting for Jared Walsher to end up on another team and become like CJ. Cronwer just as it really, you know, it's like, oh, look at that. No, look he's a good player. Not kidding. So the Angels do bring up these guys and then they don't perform, so they think and then all of a sudden they're gone somewhere else and they blossom. Something's weird in the water there in Anaheim. I don't know what it is, but something's definitely strange in the water for Baltimore in Seattle, Baltimore up to their highest mark since nineteen ninety nine in terms of wind streaks, and then the Mariners are up to their eleventh straight win as well. Just crazy what these two teams are doing, and we don't know Baseball is a game of streaks. Now. I don't think any of us think the Oriols are a playoff team, but Seattle right now is in the thick of the wild card. Do you think this is a team that can hang in it the way they're currently structured, especially in the rotation.
Speaker 2: I think they got to make moves. I mean about that out a ton they got to make. I think they need to bring on a move or two. That's why I think you asked me when we were talking about the Luis Castillo trade rumors a week or so ago.
Speaker 3: My number one of who should was the Mariners. They should. They should be the active ones.
Speaker 2: They've got the pieces, they should go out and they should try to build up on this team. The difference between for better for worse between the Mariners and the Orioles. The Orioles have this plethora of young talent that they could a obviously trade from, but b they could bring up. You know, they've done a really good job of like slowly bringing up the young guys at least doing really well. You got dl Hall, You've got Gunner Henderson. You could have an influx from that space. So something you could potentially think about maybe bring in one more veteran bat if you want to trade for bullpen. I think that's always the best used to go if you can't get starting pitchers, but you've got dl Hall that can come up. You've got Gunner Henderson to be an influx of you know, just one of those really positive young bats to come in.
Speaker 3: Mariners don't really have that. I don't think mariners at this point.
Speaker 2: You know, they've kind of I mean f Kelnick if that's gonna work, well, I don't know. Both should be more active in the trade market, and I think they should start now, because the worst thing you can do is try to be competing against teams like the Dodgers and the Yankees around the trade deadline. So you should be active at this moment.
Speaker 1: All right, here's the home run derby set up right here. Pete Alonso is plus two hundred to win. Klle shwover plus two fifty, so too at plus five. That's where my money's going. Lon Lacunia at plus six hundred. Julio is at ten to one, hosier A mirrors twelve to one, Corey Seeger twelve, Pools twenty to one. I would not bet on Poohles because it's so hard for you know, the physical demand of the time limit is very difficult on the older player. As far as the I think it's pretty simple for me. It's Juio's my favorite long shot. Sodo's my favorite favorite of the three. That's how I would approach this, putting money on things. How would you approach it?
Speaker 3: Who is your favorite? Sodo?
Speaker 1: Who at five to one? Because I'm gonna make more money on it, and to me, he's just as good of a shot as Alonzo Schwarber. That's a really you know, I mean, you know, twice as much money on the same investment.
Speaker 2: Should we look should we get into looking at park factors for lefties versus righty's in this one?
Speaker 1: Something that can tend I mean it's batting practice, speeds on't how much that matters.
Speaker 2: When I look at this, I mean, like the homer in me wants to take Julio Rodriguez at one thousand to one. You're sitt here middle line safe bet. Like you said, it's probably Sodo, but Pede Alonzo I think is ultimately the bet. You know, if I had to, well, I probably unveiling what I'm gonna have contest, I suppose, but I think it's hard to bet against Sodo. Maybe park factors come in too. I'm surprised to see Schwarber at almost even money with Alonzo double where Sodo is right now, that's really really interesting.
Speaker 3: But I would me personally, I've.
Speaker 2: Eliminated the long the three long shots at the bottom.
Speaker 3: If I'm making my choice on.
Speaker 1: That, Corey Seeger would be hilarious winner, right, go back to Dodger Stadium, right, I mean, that wouldn't be like, oh, that would be the story line, good story holding up the thing there. I mean, this is all bar ballpark.
Speaker 2: If there's somebody that you to manage that ballpark for sure, that is something I hadn't even thought about or considered.
Speaker 1: This is one of the biggest things I thought about when I saw him, was like, Oh, that's really interesting because that's a guy who's very familiar with the batter's eye quote unquote in that area more than anybody else in this contest. That's kind of interesting to me.
Speaker 2: Would you consider doing multi bets on this if you were going to place it? Like, are you are you like a one better for the home rund Derby or do you go I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna take I t fiftree guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would take fifty bucks, and I would put like ten on the biggest long shot, you know, and.
Speaker 2: Then maybe one on the favorite a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, yeah, you do that kind of thing. Like again, I'm using a multiple. You won't put a hundred on it. Then it's much easier to spread it around. But in terms of percentages, if I was at one hundred dollars spent on the derby and I wanted to have some fun, I would put fifty percent on the guy that I thought was really my guy, and then I would take the last fifty and do thirty twenty over too.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I might use something like if I had one hundred and fifty on Alonzo, maybe twenty five on Soto and twenty five on Julio, something something along those lines to play around with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you gotta see, as the thing is like, to make that work, you've got to put it on one of the long shots that's.
Speaker 3: Well hilous Julio's ten to one, Huos.
Speaker 1: At ten to one, and Cory seeger is at twelve to one. I kind of think Sodo Julio Seeger is the most intriguing from the Bettings perspective, like that, that would be the trio I would be looking at. I don't know the more I might talk myself into the Corey Seager thing. By the end of this show.
Speaker 3: Who sounds like you have? It sounds like you have.
Speaker 1: I haven't yet. Still mulling, still mulling. All right, this day in baseball, here you go, twenty eight years ago today, Albert Bell's cork bat was confiscated by Empires, and so began the greatest MLB heights in history, where Jason Grimsley climbed through the ceiling of the Tribe clubhouse into the umpire's room, stole a corkbat, and replaced it with Paul Sorrento's bat, which happened to be stamped with Paul Sorrento's name, So that did not work out very well.
Speaker 3: I'm oh, I remember this.
Speaker 1: I remember this very well. Hilarious and once again in an era where we don't have social media, imagine the Jason Grimsly crawl like die Hard crawling through the air shaft John McClain style switched. He actually did this, He actually did this. He actually climbed through, got through the drop ceiling, switched the bat. But they did all that, but they didn't think, oh wait, it's got Paul Sorrento's name on it. Probably not.
Speaker 2: The bat drops Sorrento's bat, gets up in there in the vent, puts his head back out in the vent and goes yip be kayem.
Speaker 3: And then that's so good. That's a good bit.
Speaker 1: I like it. It's so good, so good. All right, here's a good one too. Who is the oldest player in the history of baseball to win the Rookie of the Year award? I thought we did the youngest MVP earlier this week, and that was fun. Who was the oldest player to win Rookie of the Year. I did not know the answer to this, so I have a guls disclosure. Go ahead, take your well, you ruined.
Speaker 3: It, ruined it yesterday. I know I ruined it yesterday.
Speaker 2: Immediately, I don't think mine's right, because my my, as you just said that, I realized this might be something of an international player, and if it is, then I'm wrong. The player that jumped to my mind because I remember him being an older rookie, was Ryan Howard with the Phillies.
Speaker 1: It's not Ryan Howard, okay, because I.
Speaker 3: Feel like it was like twenty six or twenty seven or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's got to be an international guy, right, someone like it came over at like thirty.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to tell you if it is or it isn't. All I'm gonna tell you is it's not Ryan Howard. There you go. So there you have it, folks. If you think you know the answer, drop it in the chat over Fantasy Bros MLB again. Who's the oldest person to ever win Rookie of the Year in the major leagues. Here's your heroes from yesterday in the stack. Calum Corbyn burns ten k's seven innings, one earn, no decision, Tyler Anderson strong again six scoreless innings, only four k's but still getting those quality starts. Braxton Garrett six scoreless of his own. Luis Castillo seven innings and a very nice audition eight strikeouts, four walks, but he did go seven and Tristan McKenzie with the eight innings, twelve k's. Lewis Robert three for five with a bomb, Brandon Nemo three four of the home run, Sam Haggerty three for four, with a dinger. Andre Samanez two for three with a Homer, Zebbi Salva Sable excuse me two for five with the homer. Matt Carpenter Mayor got his home run for Matt Carpenter Gros, Trent Grisham, Bobby Witt also had good days also at Homer's Andrew Vaughan two for five with a dinger and Gavin Lux two for five with the dinger as well. I see a lot of eachi ro guesses in there. Each he ro is incorrect. Just in case you are looking at that.
Speaker 2: It wasn't eat you like twenty seven when he came over, and I feel like this is someone in their thirties.
Speaker 1: It is each row is old, but each row wasn't even the oldest Japanese player. That gives you a little bit of an extra fun thing here to contemplate. So he, I thought each ros where my head went immediately It was not the answer to the question.
Speaker 3: So seven when he came home, not Jackie Robins.
Speaker 1: Each row is twenty seven, but there was older people than him, if you can believe it. So there you go. Also, who was twenty seven was? I want to say it was Jose Abrau was also around twenty six or twenty SE's twenty seven, twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: Also not the oldest Decie Matt Suey.
Speaker 1: Nope, no, but he's not a Decie Matt Suey either. It's not Jackie Robinson at twenty eight years old. Uh. There was a Japanese import that was even older to win the Rookie of the Year, just as FYI, I'm not saying that's the answer. I'm just throwing that out there, and it wasn't to Dekie Matt Suey. Here are the losers from yesterday. Sunny Gray six earned runs, Marco Gonzalez five earned runs, Blake Snell five earned runs. Though, Blake Snell, you sox walks to six walks. I mean, that's your vintage Blake Snell. This is why I never draft. Blake Snell drives me crazy. Kyle Freeland four innings, five earned, Riley Green over four with the four k's. He had the Golden sombrero, as did Brandon marsh over four with the four k's. Max Munsey over four with three batting just one fifty eight eight homers in seventy two games. Rest of the season. Max Munsey or Jared Walsh. Wowsh would you rather have? Max?
Speaker 2: Monzi has the lowest qualified babbob of any player right now? But jee, I think it's hard, like anybody else.
Speaker 1: Like anybody else, that's the right answer. Gian Carlos Stanton over five with a K.
Speaker 3: I don't have an answer.
Speaker 2: I literally, legit, do not have any I could not answer that question for you because they're both so bad.
Speaker 3: The babbit up on Monday.
Speaker 1: I would just say, based on the fact that he's on a better team, that's it.
Speaker 3: Maybe, that's maybe.
Speaker 1: And I don't even think that's a good answer. Luke void Oh for four to two k's, Jeter downs Oh four to two k's gian Carlos Stanton over five with a strikeout. Uh. In case you were wondering, No, it's not Fernando Valenzuela and not Hideo Nomo Kasazaki. Very good guess. He is older than Echiro and did win this award, So that is an excellent guest. But you're all wrong. Uh. The name of the person is somebody from nineteen fifty. Sam Jethrow from nineteen fifty with the Boston Braves is the correct answer. This is the name that I never heard of, and and I'm a pretty big dork when it comes to baseball history. Sam Jethro played in the Negro Leagues for a while but then came up with Boston and then played a professional eighteen seasons from nineteen thirty eight to nineteen fifty eight, fifty to fifty eight in the major leagues, and then he also had four seasons in Major League Baseball, eight in Triple A and eight in the Negro Leagues. But he was older. Kasazaki was thirty two. Sam Jethrow was thirty three years old. So there you go. I thought that was a fun, crazy fact. I thought it was a Thiro And then I was like, oh, kas Matsui was older, Oh Kasazuki rather Nope, nope, nope, it was none of those guys. So there you go. So Sam Jethrow I named it once again. Never heard Jethro tull I know, but no, Sam Jeffro didn't know that. All right, let's get to the home run board today and it's gonna be depressing because Mike Marris got twenty nine. Now, very depressing on that Carpenter. Yeah, Matt Carpenter. I give him credit. On the Carpenter that's for sure. High Cubby's still at the top of thirty five. I still plenty of time left, though. We got a bunch of people in the twenty eight to twenty actually twenty eight to thirty two range, So this bad boy ain't over yet. Welsh. I don't know if you've seen this, but I want to play this because this is something going around social media. So this is finish baseball. Do you see this? Uh check out this clip here of this guy. So apparently again we'll go over this year again. But apparently in Finland they have their own style of baseball which is a little bit different. And there's like a river with a camera, so there's like a river camp. So if you if you go, when you miss it, well there you go, boo boom. I'd like to add this into our Major League base.
Speaker 3: I think this is pretty solid.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I like obstacles in general. I think there's this. Yeah, every game.
Speaker 1: There's an elimination baseball challenge.
Speaker 2: There's a trap door in the field that no one knows about. Maybe there's a trampoline. It's all hidden, so guys are moving around. Maybe someone flies up. Maybe there's a water maybe a moat.
Speaker 1: Im.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't that be great?
Speaker 2: Remember the old Astro stadium that had the hill you would go. But if there was grass, then a moat and then more grass at the back side of that, that would be fun.
Speaker 1: And to answer that, this is why you watch on the YouTube channels. He could watch this man diving and then falling off of a cliff basically into water. My cousin says he would play here in this of course he would. And uh, why is there a camera there? Why? I'll tell you why, because that's gonna happen eventually. That's the want to make sure you grab it. Here is one more time, because that is this is spectacular. Look at him go to stop there he goes slash right in there. That's tremendous. I love that good stuff right there.
Speaker 2: I should have some signs in the water. By the way, they're missing advertising in the water. There's like a water filled tashool company splash.
Speaker 1: So it was brought to you by I don't know in Finland, what would it be brought to you by canned fish of something? I would I would imagine shout out to Tom Viola, our own Tommy v for throwing that in the chat here with me today because I had seen it. He's like, hey, I can put it on on Streammark you want to? Said yes, yes, I do. He also play a wacky system of bases too, where the first base is not where our first base. It's a whole thing. Finish baseball. It's lightning. Catch it in a bottle. All right, Let's go to betmgm, the King of sportsbooks. Bet ten dollars win two hundred when you sign up today at betmgm dot com or the bet mgm app again that promo code leading off one word, bet ten dollars win two hundred. The Derby's around the corner. Make some wagers, by the way, also Otani or he passed? He said it it's gonna go away. It is, you missed it. I hope you're on the journey with us. Aaron Judge is minus one oh seven one and a half total bases against Boston Gean Carlos Stanton one and a half total bases plus one thirty against Boston tight, which is fascinating. Robbie Ray strikeout total on FanDuel is at six and a half. I like the over on that one. Our projections have him at eight tonight against the Texas Rangers. Minus one forty still worth it and minus one twenty four is the juice on Sandel Contra at the six and a half on fanduels K's as well. A Contra has been so good Welsh, what have you looked at today that's got you excited for the prop market? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like that Stanton one. I also like that Robbie ray one. Actually a lot more than I'm looking at it, ju stop, but I still like three that.
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 2: Xander Bogart's total bases one and a half over it is plus one forty six, got a lifetime fifteen for thirty three versus Montgomery.
Speaker 3: And in five of his last games he has multi hit games. Mister Zander Bogarts does also.
Speaker 2: I believe three of his last four he's got a double in games, So very very good matchup for him. You got Stanton, I got Judge Judge one and a half total bases essentially even money one oh five and Kopek, who has struggled the tiny bit as of recent four and a half strikeouts versus Minnesota today. He struck out five and seven in the two previous matchups versus Minnesota. I think there's an overall general worry about him, and like the downtick and k's, but this is a relatively good matchup. It's a low number for someone that has hit this twice before. The five k's, Michael Kopek Judge total bases and Xander total bases.
Speaker 3: Those are my three all right.
Speaker 1: Looking at the DFS slate tonight, to me, you know, I gotta be really careful because you got a full slate of games tonight. Robbie Ray is a really good investment at nine point nine point eight k over on DraftKings. Kershaw nine point four also good. Darvish is even cheaper. I would fade away from Woodrof at the ten to two on the road, I think that's tough, man. I'll take the Ellen Kevin Gossman last night he pitched well, but they couldn't score any runs for it was so brutal against that joke of a beast squad. Yeah, the total Beast just a joke. So I'll double down with Manoa tonight too. So Manoa, Ray and Kershaw is how I would go and just try to do combinations of them. If you want to do a combination with Darvish against Arizona two. I think that's always advisable. So though those four pictures are the ones, I would just hyper focus try to get the right combination of those guys in cash and I think I would just drop that same lineup in tournaments tonight because I think it tracks the same. On the FanDuel side, Alec Manoah's nine point six a lot cheaper. He's a thousand dollars cheaper than Robbie Ray. So I'm just gonna go to it and fade the rest of the guys because everybody else, if you want, you could do Ray Kershaw darvish Woodriff. Just have a lineup that's gonna give you about ten point seven left in it and just interchange those pictures. If you're gonna play multi entry tonight, that's the approach, and you're gonna have to do that tonight, I think on the FanDuel side, So that's why I actually think DK is a little bit more user friendly tonight in that sense. I'm going with Vad Guerrero Junior though for my home run call over the weekend, So let's go and then I'll make my official choices on Monday show for the home run Derby. We'll save all that and we'll do some fun stuff on Monday as well. Where you're going for your home run call this weekend?
Speaker 3: Here, Welsh, I'm gonna go with Judge.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go super lame and cheap, but great matchup, by the way, just career wise against Nathan Yuvaldi, who's returning from not pitching for over a month. So Aaron Judge almost a three eighty average against the Valdi career wise. Valdi's been out. I imagine he'll get some heavy strikeouts, but Judge takes advantage and why not just take him into the weekend?
Speaker 3: Get me some homers. That's where I'm going.
Speaker 1: There, you go, get us some homers. And Mayor took Mookie Betts, so we'll see how that goes. So he's taking on with Red, so he made his little Matt Carpenter. Now he's going back up to the big guys. Now Mayor is in process of moving, so I don't know how that's going to affect his home run calls. So this is your opportunity, everybody, to go past Mayor for the next few weeks. I want you to take advantage of this opportunity. On Monday. I'd love to come and talk about the Futures Game and some of those guys that you saw play some really good names in that game too. Who are you excited to see in the Futures Game?
Speaker 2: Wellsh like, oh man, I mean, there's a litany of guys. Mason winn is one of my just favorite young prospects. You got Tovar, Elie day La Cruz is out there, Corbyn Carroll is going to be on view. I would tell you though, Juri Perez against this crew is one of the youngest players there is going to be maybe one of the most exciting big six foot seven pitcher for the Marlins. You know, he is theoretically going to be going up against some of the best in baseball, and that type of competition has me really excited.
Speaker 3: So I'm very excited about that.
Speaker 2: And the MLB Draft, I just want to remind you is on Sunday, So Monday, as we come in, the first round will be over.
Speaker 3: And we got some interesting stuff that is.
Speaker 2: Being rumored around that the Orioles might not take the top player in the draft and they might pass for some cash savings.
Speaker 3: So we'll see how that.
Speaker 2: Uh, we'll see how that ends up affecting the entire draft on Sun.
Speaker 1: Monday is gonna be a good show if you play Dynasty here, because we're gonna we're gonna have a lot of that stuff and a lot of that coverage here for you between the Futures game, between the MLB Draft, which is gonna be super fun, and it's always super fun here. So there you have it. I hope everybody enjoys their weekend, enjoys a little break too. You have a little fun, all star festivities, everything going on there. So enjoy the families this weekend, enjoy whatever you got going on with your friends, or enjoy the silence. It's just nice to have as well. Sometimes that'll do for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids, Watch out for the Lake.