Speaker 1: Ho Mary, Brown Ambition Christmas or whatever you celebrate. But we've got a present for you listeners.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you are looking for the perfect gift for the Brown Ambition fan in your life, head to Brown Ambitionstore dot com to get twenty five percent off during our massive holidays.
Speaker 1: Say.
Speaker 2: This deal will not be here long, so go to Brown Ambitionstore dot com and use the promo code what is it Tiffany.
Speaker 1: Ho ho ho but h o h o h O. Don't get fresh now.
Speaker 2: Use promo code ho ho ho to get twenty five percent off your Brown Ambition orders.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: This deal won't last forever, or will it? Because maybe I'll forget to stop it. I don't know. Go to Brownambissionstore dot com. Y'all happy happy holidays.
Speaker 1: Hey hey, hey, we're back. We're black, We're brown.
Speaker 2: Somebody want to send me a dog, a new dog for Christmas? My dog?
Speaker 1: Listen her mind? Oh my good, Megra we're back in the saddle.
Speaker 2: Hey you last show of twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: I know we should have done like a recap or something like that. We should.
Speaker 2: I'll do a recap of twenty twenty for you right now. You're ready.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go, we're done. No, well, there were some actually, there were a lot of highlights. Can you believe a year ago, a year ago, we were we had taken time off, a little bit of time off when I had the baby. And then yeah, it feels like one hundred million years ago that we brought BA back in twenty twenty. And I'm sure we said all kinds of hopeful things for the new year. I, like everybody else I know, always said maybe maybe we should end on that, like some hopeful things for twenty twenty one, that what we're hoping for.
Speaker 1: I think that'd be amazing to end on. But yeah, no, but you're right, I'm sure we were like and then and that wait what pandemic quarantine? Yeah? Yes, and now six hundred dollars in stimulus money. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Deja vu? Right, deja vu, except like a worst dajah vu because it's not as sweet as the first deja poo. Yeah, let's break it down, because it's just you know, I think, wait, today is Monday. I had to look at my computer to be like, what day of the week is it? Because I believe the text of the bill that Congress still hasn't totally voted on as of when we're when we're recording on this, but they expect to be voting on this new stimulus package, and there's all kinds of goodies in it, not maybe as as good as they could be, because honestly, first of all, the fact that it's taken them this long, ugh is is sad and pathetic. So it may just be too little, too late for some people. But there are there is some reliefs. I think we should do some unpacking. Do you want to start with that six hundred dollars stimulus.
Speaker 1: Sure, quote unquote, So just so you know, like they so to Mandy's point, it's a it's set to pass, and it's nearly one it's nearly one trillion dollar coronavirus relief bills, just so you just know, like what the overall bill is. And the slim down checks look like six hundred dollars for individuals earning up to seventy five thousand dollars and couples earning one fifty or less, and it's really half the value of the first round of checks issued under the Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Stability or AKA the CARES Act. So also, two tax payers will also receive an additional six hundred dollars for each child under seventeen. So let's just say it's you and your hubby you earn you know, I don't know, one hundred thousand dollars between the two of y'all. You're going to get the six hundreds, and then you have two kids you're gonna get and they're both ten ten years, you'll get another twelve hundred, So eighteen hundred altogether.
Speaker 2: Yay. It just hit me that that's only half, because you're right, it was twelve hundred the last time around.
Speaker 1: God, they're so.
Speaker 2: Cheap, so cheap, and Theykay, let's let's focus because I just keep thinking about this post. I saw about Lindsay Graham getting the vaccine, and I'm like, your entire party just wanted to call this whole thing a hoax, like why are you first in line to get a vaccine? But anyway, Uh, for my dad, what I'm looking at is unemployment benefits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that. Yeah, because his.
Speaker 2: Unemployment benefits were going to expire like everyone else's at the end of this month, but now they have been extended. And so I'm reading the new York Times here just to you know, reveal my sources and I want to get this right, but yeah, they lawmakers are going to extend the amount of time people can collect unemployment benefits. And it would also remember that the extra six hundred dollars a week that folks were getting at the beginning of pandemic as part of that stimulus package. So the theme for this new stimulus package is let's do the same thing but make it worse. So instead of six hundred dollars a week, they're going to be getting three hundred dollars a week extra on top of their unemployment benefits, which isn't nothing, but it's not amazing.
Speaker 1: And that extra three.
Speaker 2: Hundred dollars that will last through March fourteenth, Okay.
Speaker 1: And also I understand there's an increased food aid and emergency rental assistance that's been included in this package.
Speaker 2: So thank god, I want to read about that. I was trying to scroll down to read about the renters assistance because that truly is the and foreclosure protection too, because that really is the for me, that is the real threat to so many on the brink is will they lose their homes? And you know, I understand it's not just about renters, you know, becoming homeless. There's there's landlords who are not big corporations who also have mortgages to pay and all that. So what are you seeing on your end? Because I'm still scrolling to figure out, you know.
Speaker 1: So it hasn't been fully worked out yet. But so there's something called SNAP. I forget what SNAP stands.
Speaker 2: For Pomental Nutritional Aid. I know because I had to sign my dad up for it, but yeah, it's food stamps.
Speaker 1: So right now, the funding is including a fifteen percent increase to the maximum SNAP benefits for six months through potentially June thirty, twenty twenty one. And so this increased the amount to boost to about twenty five dollars per person each month, which is I gonna say, kind of crazy. So like, according to this that's really crazy. That's basically saying a dollar thirty nine per person per meal, which is like, how can you really even I mean, what can you do with that butt? So but at least there'll be an increase, that's what that's looking like. And rental I'm just looking at for you guys, just so you know, I'm looking at CNBC as my current source. So for emergency rental ooh, I see surant, I got it. Yeah, so rental eviction. So this is something yeah, I remember now because the trumpet meant imistration. They it was they used the CDC, which was kind of odd. But the CDC had extended previously the eviction ban through the end of the year. This extends it again till the thirty first of January. So that means if you're renting and you can't afford to pay your rent, you can download a form from the CDC's website to show that you're eligible for the you know, the the what.
Speaker 2: Do you call it? Why can't I find the words that you're not that you can't get kicked out of your house? Basically, then we can post a link to this guy this resource in our show notes as well. But that's something at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but whenever I hear that, I always senk to myself. So okay, there's a ripple effect. So let's just say you can't afford your rent, so you can't be evicted. So then what about the landlord? Yeah, you know, because that's not their primary residence for most landlords, and so it's their protection for them, because if I can't pay my mortgage and I'm not included in the you know, the cares actors. That relates to not losing my home, my primary residence, because this is it a investment property. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: You know, well, thank you Tiffany for asking, because I'm looking at that section now mortgage for barons. So this is something that a lot of homeowners took advantage of. So if you're struggling to make your payments, and for landlords that's you know, you have a mortgage like everybody else, you may qualify for a forbearance, which basically tells the bank you know, we're going to the bank tells you we can let you pause or reduce your payments for up to one hundred and eighty days. After that, homeowners can ask for an additional one hundred and eighty days. According to the Times, and it says that these rules which apply to federally backed mortgages. So those are the you know, the I think federal like g what's it called Fanny and Freddy. I mean, they hold the vast majority of mortgages in the US. So this wild apply to most homeowners. Yeah, so it applies to federally back mortgages, and there's still an effect as part of the Carezac relief package passed in March.
Speaker 1: So I mean this can.
Speaker 2: We talk about for barons though for a second, because yes, the thing about the thing that's important for homeowners to understand is forbearance. Yes, it would allow you to temporarily pause or reduce your payments. But what I'm not clear on is so often it's not like you don't owe that money. In fact, you have to look at your forbearance agreement if your bank sends you one, and or ask questions when you call them up to talk about forbearance, because they may expect you to have a lump sum payment to cover you know, how many months is one hundred and eighty days on six months to have six months of payments ready when that that relief window is over, which to me doesn't sound very much like a benefit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because if I had it, then I wouldn't need the relief.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then you know there is a worry about like, so what happens when it's all said and done? You know what happens when you know, you know, the forbearance is lifted, and do you owe all in a lump sum does it get kind of like an enveloped and folded back in to your current mortgage. I mean, it's just crazy times, honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you really have to talk to your bank whoever you know, whatever bank or financial services company services your loan to ask what happens after that for Barons period is over. They may ask they may make you eligible to push it back when that period's over, But I think that's really an important question to ask, and it's probably going to vary from bank to bank. There's one other thing for homeowners to be aware of, foreclosure protection. So we covered renter and eviction protection and we got mortgage for Barons. So foreclosure protection in this new package says single family homeowners with loans backed by Fanny or Freddy would be protected from foreclosure through at least January thirty first, twenty twenty one. It was going to expire at the end of December, so this is basically an extra month. Geez Louise, it feels like they do. It just took so much time to get, like, what a few months of extra and extra protection for people, So what's going to happen at the end of Jay We're just gonna be back in the same you know, the same place we are in now, waiting for Congress to get their act together. It's truly truly twenty twenty for me. I will never ever take for granted who my local elected officials are ever ever House and Senate. They matter so so much. I will never see that for grant now.
Speaker 1: I mean Representative Maxine voters Aati Maxine basically said, it's a start, it's something yeah in a nutshell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely well. I think that's the highlights for small business owners. They're the big headline there is that. And in small business owners, you know that can be entrepreneurs, you know, people who actually have employees, all kinds of things. But they're going to be bringing back the PPP program, which I realize is actually four p's the paycheck Protection Program will be coming back. I think they have like an extra twenty five billion dollars worth of aid. Remember this is the program that was supposed to give aid to struggling small business owners and then like big corporations like Ruby Tuesdays, I think was one of them got their hand in the pot first, and then there wasn't not because of that one big, big business. But basically the money ran out really really quickly, and a lot of folks weren't able to take advantage of it, struggling small businesses. So this time around, you definitely want to have her, you know, have your ducks in a row and be ready to apply for those benefits asap, asap, because there's probably the same fear that the money is going to run out, you know, before everybody is able to get what they're eligible for.
Speaker 1: So you know, basically, try to make the most of what's coming. And I mean, here's the thing. You know, we have a new administration that's coming coming forth, so there might be forthcoming assistant, so you know, we hope for that, but in the meantime, try to make the most of what's coming in.
Speaker 2: We hope that you turn up and show out Georgia in this special Senate runoff election. We actually got a message from someone with a question. I'm going to read her question during that during our next segment, but she had the end of it. She's like, don't worry, Mandy, I'm going to vote in the in the Senate runoff. It's so so important, Georgia because this relief, like Tiffany. If we expect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris to provide relief, they're going to need Congress to do it. Yeah, and the Senate especially. We don't have the Senate right now in terms of Democrats, and we need both of these seats basically to break even to have a fifty to fifty split Republicans to Democrats in the Senate. And then we'll still need the tie breaking vote from Kamala Harris. So she is key in this too. So if you guys don't show up and show out in Georgia, we're counting on you and Georgia. You know. I do feel like Georgia came through obviously in a huge way during the general election, but I've been texting my family again and I'm not feeling the same excitement, and I'm like, y'all need to get out there and vote.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: What Yes, I didn't have it to be bad. Just say yes, Just say yes, yes, I agree, No, you're right. I mean, honestly, I'm doing some posts myself. I was like, someone actually just reached out to me. It's like, can you post this? Love been like, you know, giving us stuff to pose with My friends and I so I'm just like, no, you're right, There's there's no other way to say. I think I feel like we've always gotten like the nation has gotten like a semi civics lesson about like, oh, how important other elections are. It's not just the big one. The big ones actually is are the local ones.
Speaker 2: So literally everything is on the line, future relief packages, I mean these I understand why people can be like a little I mean not more than a little, but just very cynical about elected officials and all of that. But truly it has taken like people have only seen twelve hundred dollars in how many months, nearly a year of this pandemic. That is all that our government has done. And that is because we did not have the majority of Democrats in Congress. And this could really truly be a game changer, and it matters like literally, you know, you could be getting a lot more than six hundred dollars you know, direct deposited next week. Oh we didn't say that those checks are coming, according to according to an interview that the t Treasury Secretary that they could be coming the week after Christmas, but it could be a lot more than that. And and you just gotta.
Speaker 1: Show up and show out.
Speaker 2: Georgia. Okay, yes, okay, I'll calm down. I'm sorry, I'll calm down. What else is happening in the world.
Speaker 1: What's happening in the world. I don't know. I just feel like every day I'm like listening. Like I never was somebody who used to be following every nook and cranny of like politics, but I feel like every day I'm like like listening for like, you know, what's happening with the current you know, like what lawsuits are currently out because of our current administration, Like you know what what state are they doing now? What person? You know, what fake news are they putting forward. It's just like, well child, just keeping up with it. It's just been really fascinating to learn how things work and what I really like, Like I said, I I love following that Instagram account with Neil that that that attorney. What I like is that what you'll hear is like Julie Rudian, you know, said the president. Like it's so funny how they'll say say a thing and then like I'll listen to Neil and I'm like he'll break down, like yeah, that's not true, like they're not legally possible or true, and then he'll break down so much so that when they went to court, they did not say that you can say whatever you want on TV, but when you enter into court, you perjure yourself. You go to jail. So it's just so fascinating, And I just didn't realize just how much lies and deception we're out there. But because when things are brought to court, people are very careful what they say because you were hold fully accountable, I mean, your freedom is actually on the line. So yeah, that's just been like my and then I don't know, but Manna, did you did you see that l article that everybody was talking about yesterday?
Speaker 2: I the Martin scr how do you say his last name? Shekel Screlly, Screlly Scarelli.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. It was actually.
Speaker 2: Debating whether or not always going to bring that up because it was a big news in my little social circle because I used to work with her. The women in that article, she and I at a certain point in the article they talk about how she used to work at a legal do site prior to joining Bloomberg. That was the company that I worked for too. They were a startup called Law three sixty and I was a reporter and she was like, yeah, she was the court's reporter and she wasn't really around very much because she would be posted downtown New York got the court. But anyway, so yeah, I got that email sent to me from a couple of couple of formal college.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so let's let's talk about like what happened. So if you set the scene, you know, type in l and it's probably easier to type in Christine smithe sm s m y tt. Sometimes.
Speaker 2: You know, we're going to put a link in the show notes. You can just go to our show notes.
Speaker 1: That's true. Through Yeah, so if remind.
Speaker 2: Everybody who Martin Screlly is and why everyone hates.
Speaker 1: Him so they call him aka farmer Bro because I remember when, like it was like years ago, there wasn't there was this uproar about this pharmaceutical executive that like raised the price of EpiPen by like five thousand percent something crazy and some other like necessary drugs for people to live, and he was taunting people on social he thought it was hilarious. One of the things he did too, he brought like the WU tang album for two million dollars like their most recent one, and then promptly kept it and said he's not sharing it with the world. It was just a bunch of it was a very strange, weird what is going on here? But he definitely did a lot of taunting, especially of women, reporters and things, and so he just, you know, just overall not a great guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, an a hole if you will, and like relished it. He was a Yes, he was a very classic troll. And it seems like it was years and years ago, but he's still in jail. Did you go to jail for it?
Speaker 1: Because he yes, he also had a what are those things called the oh not he was a vetro capitalist. No, he was a hedge fund. Hedge fund, yep. And so he did some like you know, oftentimes people will do these morally you know, immoral things, but that's not the thing that catches them. It's almost always like taxes, right, So so yeah, so he did something with the hedge fund and he paid in a way that he wasn't supposed to or drew in away he wasn't supposed to, and they got him basically for seven years. So you know, whatever you know, he gets his just do. But so this young woman, Christine, she was assigned to cover him and she was one of the first people to kind of write a story about him. And as his profile grew, you know, she she became closer and closer to him, and I guess eventually fell in love with this guy. Meanwhile, she was married and she was a respective reporter at corner to Elle at Bloomberg. She quit her job because they were like, this is a complic of interest. Married, quit her job just like it, moved to New Jersey to be close to the jail. But he's in it. Just it was a crazy story. I was like, what is this? So you think that's crazy? So I know you're not on clubhouse much, mandra I've been listening. Well last night I happened to be scrolling and there was a clubhouse room that said about that that Martin, Oh you heard it. I would have joined. I know I should have, right, So it was like about that that l story basically, and I was like, okay. So like I poked my head in and they were just talking about it. I was like, because that's what made me look. I was like, what about the story? So I googled it and I read it. I was like, oh, Solicia's no biggie. And then I happened to be on the twitters and someone was like, ooh, child Christine is in a clubhouse discussing the article. I'm like, no, she's not. So I flew to cross clubhouse digitally blue and I found that clubhouse room and listened for like a good thirty forty minutes. Honestly, she sounds a little cuckoos for Coco Pops, Like I don't know whether she something snapped in her or she is a sociopath herself or she it seems like she really enjoys the negativity. Like she was relishing and like nobody was yelling at her. Everybody was like, you know, just asking questions and things. But it seemed like she actually enjoyed all of.
Speaker 2: This attention, like yeah, attention.
Speaker 1: And so it was such a such a strange thing. It's like it's almost like you got caught for stealing and now you're like in front of the store and you know, you have handcuffs on nevers looking at you like you still and you're smiling like yeah I did, so let me tell you. I was like trying to get gummy bear Like that's what it sounded like, like this is not really a good thing, why are you so happy about it? But the part that was really crazy, after all of this is said and done, after you've basically trashed your life for this guy, he said, yeah, I don't want to talk to you anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh that ending was really heartbreaking. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, when they said that, even yeah your endeavors, I was like, and you were told that by a reporter who's watching.
Speaker 2: I wasn't. I'm not going to pretend like we were great friends.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I had not thought about Christy in a long time, but I guess as a as a fellow, he human being, my heart does ache for her. I do feel, I mean, without just based on this article and having not given him very many of my brain cells in the past to think about him. I just imagined to be a very manipulative person and as a reporter, you I do, and especially a reporter who's covering like a personality like this. They can make you feel very special if they if you get special access to them. So I can really see how he might have lured her in with that that feeling of you're the only one I'm talking to, et cetera. But then to like she froze her eggs for him, you know, And and I don't necessarily I think I saw I was. I had enough time to read a couple of like hot takes on Twitter, and someone had had tweeted that. You know, in life, often when people are unhappy with their circumstances, they'll they'll sort of like trigger their own they'll blow it up themselves. And it's sort of like, so I have to imagine she must have been really struggling. Maybe she didn't love her career, maybe she didn't love you know, her relationship, and maybe she was looking for something different, and then you know, this opportunity presented itself to her for whatever reason. Like I do empathize with her at the same time, I think the only she only had something to gain from this, which was notoriety and the potential for what a book deal that she seems to be really wanting, and maybe a movie deal about their love affair, but like, who wants to see if we don't need that, Oh my god, that's all I can think. Why else would she want to go out with this story and do it in such a public fashion.
Speaker 1: I know. I was like, what's going on here? It was just so surreal, Like could be on Clubhouse and I'm like, wait, what so with somebody interviewing her, Like so clubhouse is so funny, like you just talk in your room.
Speaker 2: People are just talking, like how do you do? You have to like be invited to talk or yes, okay, god, so you have to so you can raise your hand to ask.
Speaker 1: So I just was like, okay, so I just popped in. I just basically was listening. So, you know, because usually what I do with Clubhouse the first week I'm not gonna lie. First, maybe a week or two, I didn't really like it. I was like I don't get it, and now I get it. So I look for a room where I think I can find value. So I'm like, oh, this is a you know, about how to market an eight figure business or how to promote your children's book. I was in a room like that, and I was just listening for new ways. So I'll listen and then sometimes if I think I can add something, I would say maybe a good twenty percent of the time I might raise my hand to add something where I'm like, oh I can add And then eighty percent, though, I'm usually in rooms where I'm just listening and learning, and like you take away a little nugget or like a website or whatever and it's really good or someone to follow. So anyway, so you know that, then there are rooms like that where people are just discussing things. So sometimes I for me, I like joining sometimes like the fashion and merchandising rooms because it's just a different type of business and so it helps me expand the way I think about business, So I like to listen to those. So anyway, Yeah, it was just pretty wild for that article to come out and then to go on clubhouse and be like, wait, she's here.
Speaker 2: Wait what for any kind of coverage right now?
Speaker 1: That's how I yeah, And that's what someone said to her. They were like, girl, yeah, honestly, it was a couple of sisters that call her out. They're like, it must be nice to lean into your right privilege to be able to do this, but girl, the rest of us out here working like it's this does not work out for people like us, you know. Yeah, and someone people were like, it seems like you're delighting in all of this, So yeah, I think she is.
Speaker 2: I almost think she's and maybe some part of her things too, that that he will come back to her beak. And I think she even said that in the article that or the writer did that by bringing this relationship public, it'll kind of because he doesn't talked to her in a year, like a whole year, and she can't call him. He can only call her, and he hasn't called her in a year.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, it's someone's like, he's not busy, sis, he's sending your signals. There's nothing to.
Speaker 2: Do, and Jane let him go, let him go, but she does.
Speaker 1: I will say this, like of all the other things that seemed kind of like disingenuous when she spoke, one thing that did seem genuine was that she does seem to genuinely love him, whatever love looks like with her mental state.
Speaker 2: You know, Well, there's books that have been written about like people who fall in love with people in prison who they've never met before, and there's a whole like subculture that is a is a movie I would watch, like a documentary or something like that about people who fall in love with people in prison. So I mean, she's not the first person to pine for someone in prison, but I mean, they don't even like whatever. I don't know. It's interesting, it's very weird to have that, you know, worked with her in the past. But I wish her well and uh oh god, I'm just sad that she's made this farmer bro like a topic again, because I know we had just forgotten about him.
Speaker 1: I feel like, hey, and I'm not gonna lie. He looks very strange.
Speaker 2: He looks like you think he would look with his personality, like he is like very like pasty and you know, dickish. Yeah, like a face you could punch, like a punchable face.
Speaker 1: Yes, a face you could punch. Was a person, you'd be like, oh, that's what it looks like. A dictionary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even know where to go from there. I'm like calmbing my brain. How do we go now?
Speaker 1: From from now, we'll just going to questions. Let's just see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the end of the year, and it's the end of this segment. Let's take a quick break. We'll be right back with your questions. All right, we are back with your questions.
Speaker 1: Hit us up.
Speaker 2: I know that you know, why don't I hope actually that none of y'all are traveling very far or anywhere for that matter, for the holidays. But maybe you're sitting at home taking a break, trying to get your you know, finances, make your big career moves. In twenty twenty one, doing your vision boards, Tiffany, didn't you say you just did a vision board party over the weekend.
Speaker 1: I did one this weekend for this company. It was called It's creative What are they on Instagram? They do stuff like all the time. It's like free, and it was like so much fun. It was called creative culture or something. I feel like a lot of us all follow that we know create, create and cultivate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh why do I know them? Okay, yeah, I've heard of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were. It just was really fun. So we just the They had like some weekend kind of like future planning party. It was called like the future you a digital festival, and so they had a bunch of people teaching stuff and I'm not gonna lie, this was the most fun I had in so long. So I shared like my vision board process and there were like, you know, a few hundred women on there, and we just talked about how to make their vision board, what materials they needed. But then to really how to take your vision board off your board and into real life. So it was a lot of fun. That's cool.
Speaker 2: I have never done a vision board. Do you think I should?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's up to you. I think here's what I think. I always think that, however, you vision plan should be specifically in alignment with your personality. So if I was a photographer, I would vision plan by taking pictures or cutting off pictures and putting them up. If I was a painter, I would paint what you see, what I mean, like, that's where you would be best useful. So if you're a writer, you might vision plan by journaling. So I just like, I'm very visual, so I like to do I use this kind of like some corkboard thing, so I could take things off and on. And I have the same vision board for the last ten years, and I just as things come true, I take the thing those things off and then add new things on. But I love it just because, like it's not some magical thing. But what it does is like it helps me remind myself the things that I'm working toward. And I'm not gonna lie. I usually i'll do it. I'll put it on the wall and I won't even consciously look at it. Like I was looking at my vision board. I was like, oh, snap, so much of this stuff came true. I forgot I put that on there, and like.
Speaker 2: What are some things on there that you look back and you're like, dang, I really did manifest that.
Speaker 1: So launching like a successful Happy Birthday Molly Moore in book, and I'm like I even had like the old cover a picture of it, like this is going to be you know, it's going to have a successful a book launch. And we made six figures this year of Molly Moore. I was like, oh, that's on here. I always have some financial goals, so on there. What I do with my vision board is I split it in half. I put like a masking tape down the middle, and I do a professional and a personal half. Professional half. I have, Yeah, I have like a dollar bill that I like, I like put little stickies on to say fifteen million dollars. And the business has crossed over fifteen million dollars this year, I mean since the inception. And I was like, oh, it happened. And then on the personal side, something that did not happen. I've had serena Williams on my personal side for the last ten years. We don't hit that yet, but that's why wait what part of her married to the co founder of redded or the Okay, but yeah, yes, I was like, we ain't hit that yet. I was like, that's all right, you know, one day, one day we gonna have that body and then So I always have travel stuff on my personal side. So I have like which was crazy because we didn't go nowhere, but I had of Charleston I've never been. I have China, have Egypt, and so I always on my personal side have some travel stuff. I also have like what do I have, Like, you know, I have romances on because I'm like I want to, you know, still be very much in love with my hubby. I have a baby on here and so yeah, so that will stay on. So yeah, I just I like to I like to address because my professional life plays such a major role in my life. So I like to have a professional side on the personal side. And some of it is just sticky notes with things written on it, and some of it is like just pictures. Some of it I cut out words. So whatever kind of moves you and makes you say, oh, you know, but I encourage everyone to make on. I make one with my sisters and Supergirl and I usually have a vision board party every year, but obviously it's not happening, so instead me, Supergirl and my sister will just do one together.
Speaker 2: That's really nice, And I think the for me, you know you don't, And I think it's great that you can say, you know, you don't have to like go all out with your vision board. It can be writing down or just something super simple, you know, because the important thing is that you think about a different vision for yourself if you're not happy with what's going on in your life now. And it's sort of it's like an annual check in where you can say, what do I like about where I'm at now and where do I want to be? Because I think sometimes when you're in a rut, you kind of get in this cycle of like, oh this is this is it, Like this is how good it can be and I'm just gonna be okay with this and you know, deal with something that I'm not entirely excited about. And maybe this is maybe sitting down to do a vision board can remind you, you know, what gets you excited? What what kind of gets your heart pumping. What did you want to do when you were a kid that you never really got around to do? Those types of things? I think I do one I'm dead. I would love to see Husby's vision board.
Speaker 1: Oh you should. I think it's a good you know, because I, like I said, it's just a good activity to kind of bring forth your your goals and dreams. But the one rule there's usually there's really no rule for vision boarding except for this one rule, which is you speak about your goals and the positive. So I wouldn't say, don't gain any more weight, it would just be like to have a fit body like Serena, you know. Or I wouldn't say, like stop spending instead I would say save more. So that's really the only rule is that you speak in the positive. You post in the positive on your vision board, because that negative talk actually it actually redirects your attention to what you don't have. And if you speak negatively, you that's what you see and that's what you feel, and that's what you help to quite honestly bring more of that into your life. I learned that not just some vision boarding, but even like in top psychology, like when I first used to teach when I first started teaching preschool. Every preschool classroom has a set of rules. So we had like three rules. It was like mine, we're no hitting, no running, and no yelling or something like that. And I remember thinking, oh, these are so good, and a teacher they always when you're a new teacher, they always match you with a what's to call a teacher, A like a like a seasoned teacher. And she was like, no, that your rules to me are speaking in the negative. She said, when you have no hitting kids here hit, no running, they hear run, no yelling they hear yell. You have to speak in the positive. So instead it was like I changed it to walking feet, I changed it to use your inside voice, and I changed it to nice hands or something like that, like you know, use your your your you know, play nice hands, using nice hands or something to that effect. Right, So but then I learned because she was like, you know that if you you want to reinforce the positive, not reinforcing the negatives. And so I was just like wow, So that's really the only rule for your vision board, just to make sure that you're not putting the anti that you're putting the thing that you actually want, not the thing that you don't want on your vision board or or vision journal or vision painting or picture or whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, I loved it. And the reason I brought up vision boarding at all because as I was thinking about y'all's questions, I was like, send us some questions, like, or tell us what your vision board for twenty twenty one looks like other than just a big fat dose of a vaccine, you know, and a nice cocktail. But what do y'all have planned for twenty twenty one? And are there any questions you have? And that also leads me to the questions that I chose for today's show because I feel like they came from two listeners who are each weighing some interesting career slash money decisions that folks might relate to. So let me pull those up for twenty twenty one. I'm going to get a real podcast set up so I don't have to jog all these pillows. This is embarrassing, Okay. Our first question comes from someone who like to remain anonymous, which is fine, we will call her Patricia. Patricia says, I am twenty five and pretty early on in my career I have a secure salary job with almost five thousand dollars in my four one K and savings of about five thousand dollars. I have fifty thousand dollars in student debt and a little bit of credit card debt. I live in with my folks now, and I'm not paying rent, saving money. So here's my question. I want to quit my job because I'm unsatisfied. It does not make me happy. Should I wait until, I say, until I can secure something else, or put my personal health first and put a two week notice in now and hope I find something, or hope I find another job asap. I have a degree and two years a professional work experience, so I'm semi confident I can find something fast. Any feedback is appreciated.
Speaker 1: Can I show you this meme that, like I saw, someone said, nobody quits a job like a millennial and a toxic environment. It's true, we love ourselves mental health. You know what, I don't even like the way you guys got the a c up here. I don't even I don't know appreciate this. I told you all about the AC I'm out. Yeah, it's true. Well, what's her name? Does she say her name?
Speaker 2: She wants to be anonymous, we're gonna call her Patricia.
Speaker 1: Patty Patty Patty. So here's the thing. I actually had two of my friends who actually did get sick at work, meaning like it was like really but it was a very toxic, like dangerous kind of like environment with a level of toxicity and how are they're being treated and so it was affecting them mostly but also mentally and physically. I actually had a friend who got Bell's palsy, like you know, one side of her face stopped moving because of the level of stress. Now, we don't want that for you, but I also want that you're not because there is I don't really like this job, like you know, for example, I'm gonna cashier on McDonald's. Don't really like this job. And there's my boss is inappropriate and says things to me that makes me feel uncomfortable. The things that we're doing are not ethical. So I just want to make sure that you should absolutely leave. If it's a toxic, unsafe environment, you don't have to wait, thank god, you know, you're home with your mom and your dad and your parents. But if it's a I don't really like it because it doesn't fulfill me. You know, it's okay to stay until you have another job, because that's going to happen in life. You're twenty five, and I get it, But I just want to make sure because you don't want to be someone who thinks that challenges mean that you you turn around and you leave, you know, unless you know what I mean. So I just want to make sure that that's what it is. But I also want to honor that it might really be toxic, and I don't want you to stay somewhere patty where it's like a really like not safe space. But if it's just because you don't like it, because it's not interesting, it's not fun, it's boring. Maybe your boss is not the nicest, but they're not like you know, they're not like, you know, mistreating you, they're just like you know, they're not the nicest. Then those are things that you can you can wait like sift through and wait on until you find another job. I just don't want you dropping from place to place.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I have been that twenty five year old one hundred percent, and I think a lot of twenty five year olds you're not going to like love your first job working out of college or grad school. Sounds like you got your job out of grad school. Yeah, I mean it's okay to not be satisfied. I think it's don't don't. And she doesn't say anything about being in danger, like why necessarily she's unsatisfied. She doesn't even use the word toxic. So it's simply that you just aren't loving what you're doing.
Speaker 1: I might like.
Speaker 2: And Tiffany was talking about flipping things to a positive perspective earlier, and I've always approached my career this way. Jobs may not be right for you, but there can be something that you get out of them, or at least the only thing you get out of them is you learned what you don't want in another job. Then that's also a positive. So try to find the positive and try to keep My least favorite thing about someone who's unhappy with where they work is that they tend to be really hard to work with because they're just so miserable and they just kind of drag them around down y'all. I'm sorry, my dog is having a conniption upstairs. Anyway, I just and you also, you don't necessarily want to leave as the employee who seems like super down and like always negative and drags their feet virtually. I would say, you know, look at where you're at now, what can you continue to contribute? What can you possibly get out of this experience? And just make peace with the fact that you know this is not going to be your forever job, and like, okay, it's not going to be your forever job. It's very unusual to get your forever job, you know, in your mid twenties. So I think if you have a positive attitude, you can leave there on a good note. And I don't even you know whether you're going to switch industries or not. I just think it's it's bad form to leave on a bad note, you know, with people kind of you know, feeling like you had checked out and you were super negative all the time. That being said, if you if you truly are unhappy there and you and and it's toxic and it's putting your mental health at risk, and you have a soft place to land, that is a huge blessing. You've got somewhere safe, you're taken care of, you're not forced to pay these you know, extra bills, so you you know, full well you can quit your job and you'll be all right, But what if you stuck it out is not hurting you, maybe and you want to stick it out, continue getting whatever benefits you can identify. Maybe it's a four to one k match, or you know a colleague that you enjoy working with or whatnot, and you can look for jobs on the side. I'll say one thing about times, it's a lot easier to sneak out for a virtual interview.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ain't that's the truth?
Speaker 2: So easy, true, so easy, not that I know, but you know, you you can do that. You can multitask, so why not see what else is out there and keep your salary in the meantime. So, yeah, that's that's what I would say to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just knowing the difference between leaving, you know, a toxic place and leaving a place that you're just like, eh, I'm the fact, you know, I don't love it here. That's not the same thing. Yeah, yeah, probably.
Speaker 2: You're not just not going to love your first job out of college and like that's okay. I sure didn't love my first job, my first two jobs actually, but any who, I had one nonethelesson I was grateful. All right, let's move on to all second question. This comes from listener named Dasha. She's from the atl A. Hope you're voting, okay. Dasha says I recently got married in July of twenty twenty and relocated to Georgia. I left behind my teaching job of ten years, and unfortunately that also meant leaving behind my precious sick time I had saved up. Now that me and my partner are planning to have a family, I want to stay home with the baby as long as possible. However, at my new teaching job, they literally gave me three days of six time of sick time after paying off some debts. I have enough money left over from selling my home to stay home with the baby for about six months. Should I use that money to stay home with the baby or tough it out, go back to work after six weeks and invest that money in the baby's future, or just save it. I truly appreciate your help and I'm blessed to be part of the Brown Ambition community. Thanks again in happy holidays. Also, yes, Mandy, my paper ballot has been mailed off for the runoff election.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I herd was Georgia. Okay, now we can focus.
Speaker 2: Oh I love it man as a mama.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, God, I was going to say, he said stay home with the baby.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of like, yeah, I mean that's what my heart says. My heart says, Well, she just got a new job. How soon are you trying to have this, kiddo, Because if you got three days up front, I mean, does that mean like it takes long time to cook a child inside, you know, in the next nine to twelve months, if you get pregnant right away, you know, could you appru more sick time in that process?
Speaker 1: And did she say she's a teacher.
Speaker 2: I had new plans she's a teacher, Yes, teaching job in Georgia.
Speaker 1: I wonder. I'm just saying, could she time it for summer time so she could extend?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think it like a summer break.
Speaker 1: Remember you put me on the app ovia. Ov Ia is just a free ovulating app. And could you And then there's also they also that same company has a pregnancy app, so you can kind of like time You're like, huh, I could be pregnant, you know, have the baby, like right before the summer, have that time off, have the summer off, and then still have like my other weeks, So maybe that's an option. Yeah, yeah, but I mean there are some things everything it's not financial. This is like, for example, what I tell my CEO all the time, because she's very, very very system focused and organized, right, remind her, I said, remember, systems are here to support people, not to suppress them, meaning the system is not in charge. So for you, like money is here to be of service to you, you are not here to serve money that if you want, because you've saved up, if you that money is yours to do what you think is best for your life. It's not like, yes, it's great to save and invest in those things, and of course you know, you know, me and Manad are all about that. But ultimately that money is a tool for you to live the life that you want. So if what you want is to stay home with the baby, and the truth is from like you know what I hear from New Moms, you will know how you feel when the baby gets here. I don't care what you think, you gonna think, You not gonna know until the baby gets right, Mandy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I would have personally, and I've been candid about this maternityly it was not for me it's I mean, it was for me because I did need to like keep the tiny human alive. But for me personally, me Mandy away from mommy me, it was really really hard for me not to have something to focus my time and energy on. And it didn't have to be a job, but it needed to be something creative, something that I could go away to do. So if you're you know, you think that you're maybe have a similar mindset. You may not even want six months alone. I'm saying, like three months is nice, three months and that if you have the savings for that, and maybe your timeline is maybe you're already pregnant. You just didn't say it, but maybe your timeline is such that you know you want to have a baby really soon and you want to take that time off, and you got money in the bank to do it.
Speaker 1: You're already.
Speaker 2: She's a teacher, So I'm kind of feeling like, isn't that a pretty stable job? Like you can always get a teaching job.
Speaker 1: For the most part. I mean, well, you know, things are always a little wonky, but teachers it's not like an engineer where you have to look and look and look and look. Typically. Yeah, but yeah, so yeah, I mean I would to mandas point plan for some time, but you might not want the full six months, or you might want. You know, everyone is different, and just from I remember you, Mandy, just from you being like, mmm, you didn't really know what you were going to feel until the baby got here. So give yourself some flexibility to have some time, take more of need be since you have the funds, and take less if need be, since you you know, you have the job.
Speaker 2: Oh and I didn't even mention this. The thing is she's talking about sick time, because that's how my my husband's job worked too. He for his parental leave, he had to save up all of us six days and even then they max it out at six weeks, and he saved them up for over ten years. But anyway, so, but what you do have is you do have the FMLA, the Family and Medical Leave Act, which does grant every employee in the US twelve weeks of unpaid leave. But it's twelve weeks, so you can legally take twelve weeks of unpaid leave from your teaching job and fully expect to come back to a job. By law, now you would always have to like cover your expenses over that twelve weeks. But so it kind of sounds like like, what if you do the twelve weeks and you know, see how things are and you want to go back, then okay, and you can use your savings, Thank goodness, you have some to to to spend, you know, to help with the expense is on that time off, and then you can go back after that. That that is also something to consider.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whenever I hear of FMLA, I always think, my life.
Speaker 2: Come on, they didn't come up with that in the in the you know, in the beme in the meme generation.
Speaker 1: I've always liked to say, what happen it.
Speaker 2: Might as well be called that because it's like unpaid leave, and the US has the least generous federal standard for parental leave, the least in the entire world, it feels like, at least among developed countries like ours. But what do you say to like the entire six months? Because I mean, it sounds like she's got this windfall from selling her home in New York. Why did I make up that she's from New York? I don't know. She moved from up north and moved to Georgia, and now she's got this cash in the bank. She does say, you know, should I invest it for my child's future or save it for you know, just plane save it. And if it's the only nest egg that y'all have, that's another reason I'd be like, like hmm, maybe not below the entire thing, yeah, but maybe you take that tiny human that you have to like, yeah, like provide for beyond.
Speaker 1: You might be yond those six months.
Speaker 2: You might be skipping back to work if you're like me in the middle of a pandemic, Like, what do you mean I can't come in, but I've been planning for this. Oh my heart goes out to the teachers who have kids at home, though I don't know how Oh my gosh, yo.
Speaker 1: I used to think to myself it was hard enough when the teachers had kids at home and they were at school, because I was like, yo, you go home to more of this. They're like, girl, So I can't imagine. There's no reprieve. It's like, well, dag yeah, Like I just I just can't even imagine. Like whenever, like I go over to my sister's house and like Roman is taking like his homeschool, that's what he calls it. I'm doing homeschool there, like one kid like that. My sister always has to leave the room not to laugh because he'd be like, tcher, my head is right the Roman room. No, no, no, Roman does it. He's just be looking like, oh, another kid in this yes, but he's always teacher and it's raised. My heat is raised, and it's just hilarious. But you don't want to laugh because you know clearly their parents is in the background, so you don't be giggling at somebody else's kid. So we always go in the other room and just like bust out into tears. But yeah, I just can't imagine that teacher. Teacher is teaching Roman and the rest of these five six year olds and then has a five six year olds who's also like mommy, mommy, mommy, come on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So no, I think that's a game plan many Mandy. I think that yes, seeing how you feel knowing that you have your twelve weeks either way, but being mindful that you're likely going to need I mean, you have a human to raise, so you're going to need that money like you're going to so But at the same time, I'm all for using money as a tool to live the life that you want. But I don't think you have to make that full decision now, you know. I think that you dip your baby toe in and do more or less depending on how you feel, and that you know when the baby gets here.
Speaker 2: Yes, one hundred percent. And I hope that y'all moved to Georgia because you got all kinds of really tips. You can provide you some free childcare. Yeah, because it's so nice. I don't know why I left. It takes so little sense why I decided to move away from family. But it's not always about me. Thank you Dasha for your question, Thank you for voting and the Senate runoff in Georgia. Love it all right, guys? That is our questions for this week, our final episode of twenty twenty. Hit us up though we will be back in twenty twenty one, and you can reach us at Bronambition Podcast at gmail dot com dot com. You can also slide into our dms. We are at Brown Ambition Podcast on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yes we are. So do you want to do a booster break or do you just want to do like twenty twenty one?
Speaker 2: Hope for twenty Let's do a boost for twenty twenty, like something positive that came out of this year. I don't know, and then we can talk about twenty twenty one. Lord of Mercy, my twenty twenty boost. I feel like I've been talking a lot, so I think you should go.
Speaker 1: What is the twenty twenty boosts? I mean there were there were a lot this year. Molly Moore, Yeah, there was, right, it was Molly Moore. You know what I had to say. If I had one real boost for twenty twenty, it was more so me learning to ask for help.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Like I got like my executive coach for her like I was like drowning in the beginning of the year. I got my executive coaching team to execut my team, to coach my team. It's been amazing. I got my own like, you know, personal kind of like life coach, and she's been awesome. We meet tomorrow, hey, Doctor Green and season I also, you know, like I it just it was just a lot of me asking for help and not not waiting. So I have to say that if twenty twenty revealed anything, it was I don't have to do all the things myself that I can ask for help. It's not that I thought it was a sign of weakness. I'm always someone who doesn't want to quote unquote bother somebody, and I just feel like I ought to know so I'll figure it out. So, you know, I just to me, that's yeah, that's my biggest win. It was just like learning that I don't well, figuring it out sometimes is asking just for help. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I love that, And I think you're so set up for twenty twenty one success even more because of the work you put in this year with the executive coach and now you got your got your life coach on deck. I love that, especially because I've been like low key battering you to get it there.
Speaker 1: I think, I know.
Speaker 2: So yeah for me my boosts for twenty When I think about this year, I know, God, I know that there's so there was so much darkness, so much death. This summer especially was so hard. I mean I was kind of scrolling through my Instagram, which is like my time capsule. It feels like where was I at in July, you know, when all those protests were happening, and I part of me is just the blessing is to have survived it. The boost is to have survived it. And to be able to go forward reawakened in so many ways. And because I mean, I've always listen, I'm I'm a woman in this world. I've been aware of things for a long time, the way that we move through the world and the challenges we have. But what I'll say is I feel super empowered this year, having seen what our voices can do collectively when we get out there and demand change, and I am excited to take that forward into twenty twenty one with me.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I just feel.
Speaker 2: Grateful to have survived it all.
Speaker 1: I feel.
Speaker 2: Heartbroken for people who have lost loved ones, and hundreds of thousands of people have died. Thousands of people die every day they still are. That to me is embarrassing and shocking and just tragic. But for some reason, we survive this year, and I got to believe that there is a plan. And I'm so grateful for the time I've had with my son. I'm so grateful for this podcast, Tiffany. It's such a brounding force in my life, truly, this podcast and talking to you every week. So I'm grateful to you for still doing this with me five years. Then we celebrated our five year anniversary this year, that's Craig Cray.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know it is Craig Gray.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm done getting all emotional now. But twenty twenty one So okay, so now we've kind of covered what was good about twenty twenty, But what about the new year?
Speaker 1: Well, what I see for the new year for twenty twenty one, hopefully I have be preggers. I got some good news from the doctor. Remember I think I talked about it like a few I'm not preggers yet, but I think I remember I told you I had to do like a mock kind of like yeah, trial whatever, and they had to see like, oh you know what day am I most like. It's so the way it works is that with IVF, you go through a cycle. That's just when they give you all this medicine to get your insides, you're ready to receive a baby if you already have like an embryo, which is just you know, your your egg mixed with you know, your partner sperm, and they started to grow like basically a baby outside of you. And so they just want to because I have just one healthy embryo left, and they're like, oo's game time. So they wanted to do like a mock cycle to see, Okay, Tiffany, what day, day seven or day eight are you most like, you know, receptive? And it didn't even strike me, is that you because some people actually they'll test you and you your uterus is like, girl, it's not it's not healthy in here, you know. So anyway, the doctor called me today was like, yeah, you're totally receptive. Both days were great. I was like, oh, yeah, so that's good. So that just means basically it's up to me. Now I just have to the next time my mensis as as old African woman will say, y'all medicine, that's just your.
Speaker 2: Your moon good. I watched a lot of Game of Thrones. God, so the next time Christmas Star, I think y'all should do it at midnight.
Speaker 1: I could just basically, you know, we could. I could just let them know we could start a cycle. So yeah, so I think hopefully for twenty twenty one, they'll be baby super baby cooking prayerfully for real, like if you whatever it is that you believe, and if you just send either good energy, good raised prayer, accepting all good energy. And I don't know if there's a lot of stuff. You know, my book comes out next year, we'll talk about it more next year. Potential TV show, we'll see. There's been a lot of a lot of production companies have reached out, but there's one in particular that I'm interested in. But we've still been we've been doing a lot of negotiating. Yeah, and just growth, like I want to like, you know, I want to grow in Tiffany, not just as the Budgetisa And that's I'm doing a lot of pulling away from other parts of my business so to have space to grow as Tiffany. So I love it.
Speaker 2: Where's the first place you're going to travel in the new year?
Speaker 1: I know, I don't like when we can finally travel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like next summers. I don't know. It's hard to be I.
Speaker 1: Would say domestically, I kind of want to go to Charleston. I just had it so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Charleston.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I've been thinking I'm definitely going to just go to Atlanta, just go see my family, all the family that I've connected with in these virtual times. Twenty twenty one for me looks like a career inflection point. Definitely asking for more, and I've already started those conversations this year, but I'm you know, I talk to you Tiffany about it too, and just expecting bigger and better from myself, and and just looking for a new a new challenge and a new chapter and and new challenges, whether it's you know, where I'm at now or I just feel open to do stuff. And as far as the baby twenty twenty one, I'm excited for him. I'm excited for Rio to like be in the in the in a normal world, you know, I'm excited to see I'm excited slash scared. I'm gonna choose to stay excited because I otherwise I think I'll just be sad about him going to daycare. And just you know, I just keep picturing with like a little baseball cap and a base in a backpack. I don't even think babies need that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they love their little back that nothing in it but some papers.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll throw, like, you know, some of Molly's chew toys in there. He loves those.
Speaker 1: But just you know, having him make friends.
Speaker 2: I'm just very excited to see him. I don't know, I'm just excited to see him, you know, grow up and and uh, you know, just make his own little make his own little trajectory for himself. So twenty twenty one, here we go. Thank y'all for riding with us this year, really truly y'all. Haven and we have new listeners this year on top of everything. So thank y'all for your continued love and support. It means so so much to us. Don't forget to use promo code ho ho ho at Brown Ambition.
Speaker 3: Store bag Holli's bag. Yeah, we're going to get to Halvey's flag manager Brown Ambitionstore dot com. Thank you for asking use the promo code ho ho ho.
Speaker 2: What is it? Twenty five percent off I think, So get yourself decked out and just hang in there, y'all. It's going to be a dark winter, but we will get through it. We will and hit us up. Send us your questions, Tiffany, I hope you get some rest, we relaxation.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you know what, before we go, I would love to give for you guys to give me some like message, just like especially like maybe I don't know, like write on a post on Instagram or that's probably the best, or even tweet me I'm the budgetisted on Instagram and Twitter. A friend of mine. I asked her for some advice because she had helped to launch Tony Robbins's book Money, and I asked her for some advice about how, you know, like some best practices about launching mine. And she had asked me all these questions. I already have a team, we've been working there for like two months, and this and that. She's like, I'm not going to give you any advice. I was like, what, why, Sybil. She was like, you don't. The book is going to do what the book is going to do, Tiffany, you are already doing all of the work. Instead, I want you to tell me how will you celebrate when it's successful. I was like, what she said, because I know you have no plans for celebration. She was like you, She said, I want you to do something slightly tacky. I was like, no. She said slightly tacky, meaning like I want you. She said, do something, Tiffany, I don't want to like, oh we went to dinner. Now. She said, I want something a little ostentatious, a little tacky. Tiffany, you don't never do anything big for yourself. So I would love if if money was not, you know, was not an issue. You know, what would you do in celebration of a big milestone, like your first traditionally published book doing really well? Like, what would you do? Like I said, money is not an object, you know, like it's not an issue at all. But you know, because she was like, girl, I want you to run a private jet and go to Fiji. I was like what she was like, price it out. It might not be as much as you think. So that's the kind of thing. So I would love for you guys to be like girl. If it was me, I would, you know, because I just like, because even if I don't do it, you know, for this, because I'm like simple girl, but I wanted to start thinking outside the box box of ways to like celebrate and mark a moment in time, you know, So yeah, just please at the budgetis to tweet me, you know, message me or post under my ig. I mean, I look at those every day and give me an idea because I would love, you know, I'd love to think about it and then i'll, you know, hopefully ill I'll pick one and celebrate big for next year.
Speaker 2: Yes, put it on your vision board. Let's fill up to me a vision board.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: By Charleston by the little damn city.
Speaker 1: Well, she said, I'm not gonna lie. A private jet is something like to like actually one day, Like I just always assume maybe one day somebody would hire me and then send a private jet for me. But that was like, all, like that's on like my bucket lists, you know, like of like, oh, to fly in a private jet.
Speaker 2: You'll be there please. I'm like, you know, I fully expect your book to be on like Oprah's favorite Things list for next year. You and Oprah. There's some energy in the like you and Oprah. She knows about you, Tiffany. I just feel it in my bones. And she's waiting. She's waiting to tap you on your virtual shoulder.
Speaker 1: If anybody knows Oprah tell I said.
Speaker 2: Hush, she knows who you are, Like she knows. She's out there, she's watching. She is, all right, Well, we're so excited to see y'all next year. Well, we'll hit you up, you know, let you know we're gonna be back maybe a couple of weeks, see how we feel. Happy New Year to you, Kelly. Thank you for being our badass editor.
Speaker 1: All yes, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Yes, you really saved my booty so we're thankful for you too, and wish you guys all uh blessed and safe holiday and see you in a new year, see you next year. Bye,