Speaker 1: Well, well they say the Lakers couldn't be swept.
Speaker 2: Well that's true. Maybe.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we've got teams moving on up and other teams just.
Speaker 2: On the way to wherever they go after the seas.
Speaker 3: For them, I can see beckoning from the NBA After Life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm saying, come to me, come to the light. Sixers fans. It's comfortable here when you accept that you are watched.
Speaker 4: Please, we are recorded before the Sixers have beneficially eliminated for that, just so people understand.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're committing to it right now side, I seen you know. Okay, that's how we make peace with things anyway, So we're gonna be talking about that. We'll be talking about all the incredible playoff basketball to then we're gonna discuss with writer Jasmine Watkins on today's episode, writer and sneeze therapist, also creatively writer at White and Kennedy Bdeka. Okay, we only have the top wrong guess here anyway, I'm Miles Great and Brian and this is a mouse and Jack.
Speaker 2: Do three got it? And look at hitch ta k there you go in be driving spinning from what's got it?
Speaker 3: With five?
Speaker 2: Who's gonna try another three?
Speaker 3: Mister, look Ron James to be honest with the tariff.
Speaker 2: Look out little showtime what you go?
Speaker 1: You're honest.
Speaker 5: Jadmin L.
Speaker 1: Watkins the funniest person on NBA Twitter.
Speaker 2: I gotta say recently, you've made things so much easier for me.
Speaker 1: To digest, accept, laugh about, laugh through my pain as a Laker fan.
Speaker 2: Anyway, welcome, welcome back.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 1: I'm not that I am so happy.
Speaker 2: I think it is so great.
Speaker 6: Whooie.
Speaker 1: We didn't get swept though, I like it. There are people they're a Laker fans coping right now.
Speaker 2: We don't get swept though.
Speaker 3: Progress. It's called progress. Ever heard of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, technically it is. Technically it is mean something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean they're not worth so I don't know. So you guys got better, you know, ye? I call it a success and just take to quote Joe Biden, take the win.
Speaker 3: We don't want to reference that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jasmine, how's your how's how's your playoff? Watching experience been so far?
Speaker 7: Now that the heart is gone, it's better, you know. You just got to tweet through the pain pretty much. And yo, Laker fans are coming after me because I've said some things, but I'm like, y'all don't know that I'm one of you. Yeah, we're all in this together. We all suck together.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you know, you have to know the best. The most cutting commentary comes from the people that love you most.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And your channel?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yess for real, When when you know the team and everything that's involved with it so intimately, you're going to have a level of analysis that's just that he's going to cut so much deeper.
Speaker 2: And then what were you a hater?
Speaker 1: You're like, no, I love this place. That's why the hurt is so bad. But yeah, whatever, let's uh, where do.
Speaker 2: We want to even start?
Speaker 4: I guess I mean, do we want to start with a quote from Zamal Murray?
Speaker 2: Bring the quote back, bring the quote back, the quote.
Speaker 3: I think we're the best duo.
Speaker 4: I think they're in a bigger market and people have more interest in Lebron and a d in La or what Damon Giannis could do in the massive market of Milwaukee my editorializing.
Speaker 3: Or what Luca and Kyrie could do.
Speaker 4: If we're talking about the best duos and getting the job done and how they play for each other and with each other, I think me and Jokich are undoubtably number one.
Speaker 3: Jamal Murray of the Denver.
Speaker 2: Nuggets, Yes, don't say that like a question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had two game winners in a five game series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that, although.
Speaker 1: The last one we basically rolled out the purple and gold carpet and said, hey, man, go ahead, just piece us up.
Speaker 3: Some of the defensive scheming was questionable.
Speaker 2: They were scheming against the fans.
Speaker 3: They were doing these schemes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, scheming implies like a level of uh and sophistication.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, is it really Jokic and Murray or is Michael Porter Junior just was just pieced us up game after game?
Speaker 2: His shooting was Oh I just wanted.
Speaker 1: I mean, no disrespect to him obviously, but my goodness put a twenty three and eight on fifty five seven splits.
Speaker 2: For the series.
Speaker 1: I saw something about like how his his three point shooting was like just just miles ahead of everyone else on the team, And yeah, we saw that and we experienced it.
Speaker 2: Jasmine, what do we do? Where do we go from here?
Speaker 7: Roster wise? I think, yeah, I think some changes have to be made, and it starts at the top. With pockets coach Ham.
Speaker 6: He gotta go.
Speaker 7: Then from there, I it's it's tough. I think you have to keep ron A d But I don't know. I'm some days I'm right there with d Low and the other days I'm just not there.
Speaker 6: That the lows are too low.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the d Lows are too low. I think you guys need to move on from d Low. As an outside observer, I just it's not because when he's good on offense, he's very good, but he's still not.
Speaker 3: Good on defense.
Speaker 4: And when he's not good on offense, he's bad on both sides of the court.
Speaker 3: And it's just I don't know.
Speaker 4: I saw my good friends, super producer Jabbari, you know, get sucked in, and I'm tired of seeing d Lo hurt you guys.
Speaker 3: As an outside observer, gave up.
Speaker 2: I gave it.
Speaker 3: I want you guys to move on. Find somebody defense.
Speaker 6: No, when a Sixers fan, it's like giving you sympathy. It is time.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, has gone out behind my eyes.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you can see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you look like the dude in the Crossroads the Bone Thugs and Harmony video.
Speaker 4: Yeah, somebody's hand just came and touched me on the forehead of my eyes went completely black exactly.
Speaker 1: Then he just came for me too, and yeah, uncle Charles, please, but like, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, now we're there.
Speaker 1: There's so many reports Haim is staying, Ham is gone, Lebron is staying, Lebron is gone, the Lakers will help Lebron reunite with his son. That cannot happen. I'm just sorry. I'm this is not a family reunification center. This is a sporting franchise where we're trying to hang up banners.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't do it to keep Lebron. If Lebron wanted to come to.
Speaker 6: Things exactly, we can't.
Speaker 3: We'd be like, hey, man, your son here, Yeah, let.
Speaker 6: Me people to get Lebron.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's right, draft whoever he wants us to draft to get. But Philadelphia is like a you know, Eastern European nation in the early nineties.
Speaker 3: We'll do whatever. You know, we don't we don't have rules.
Speaker 1: We don't have You're like, yeah, you want to own that, Yeah, go ahead, that's your You've been here long enough, cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeltsin Soviet block, you know, that's what revival.
Speaker 1: Exactly Rise of the Oligarchs. But yeah, I don't know. I mean, there's really nothing to say. I'm I don't you know what. I've made my piece. Thank you so much for this season.
Speaker 6: That piece.
Speaker 4: Last year, I thought you guys might have been the second best team in the West. This year, I mean that that was as you know, last year was the best, like the closest sweep of a series I've ever seen. This was another one where it's like, man, that really in a lot of ways felt like it could have gone in either direction, but it actually couldn't have because of like just how deadly the Nuggets are and how many different ways they can kill you. It's just they're they're so good. I don't know, he stops them. But Minnesota, Minnesota looks tough, like eight Aunt looks. I'm starting to get excited about about Minnesota's chances.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean swept the Suns swept.
Speaker 2: Anthony Edwards is so good and just he is really being like I'm here, y'all.
Speaker 1: In every game He's like, I don't care who it is where I'm at. Everyone is going to get it in this building, whether it's doing the degeneration.
Speaker 2: X just right there on their court.
Speaker 1: It was yeah, yeah, yeah, but I don't know. I mean, like I don't know what for me, like aside from yeah, the wolves looking great.
Speaker 2: I'm now like, what are the suns okay?
Speaker 6: Because who thought that was gonna work? To be like the two of the three of us who thought that was gonna work.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 4: I hoped it was gonna work because I like Frank Vogel and I like KD and it didn't.
Speaker 1: Emotionally we'd like for that turt but we know if we're being objective or like, show me one that worked, show me for a lot.
Speaker 6: Of things that don't come true.
Speaker 4: Y yeah, yeah, that was exactly by the way, I just started recording We've I've I've only been recording three podcasts today for uh ten years now, but I sorry to record this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're both we're frazzled, man, we're frazzled.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh, we're on the ropes right now. You don't know what to blame you, But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean I think just like looking at it, like now, it looks like it's falling apart, like with whispers of like Devin Booker was like.
Speaker 5: Get me out of here, and you're like they they they're kind of handcuffed to everybody, like y'all got no nothing, They got nothing to offer anybody right now.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what happened.
Speaker 4: I just don't know how it gets better from here, because it seems like the change they're going to make is coaching change. And we've seen other people move on from Vogel to worst coaching situations in the past. So I'm not saying I'm not naming names. I'm not saying what franchise I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 4: I yeah, I don't know, Like Beale is locked in. He did not look good in that series.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe there's a future where like everybody's a little bit more healthy, but I don't there's gonna They're gonna need to find a really strong like fourth piece, uh, fourth and fifth and sixth piece somethow uh And I don't I don't know who it is. I mean, Grayson Allen getting hurt, like it, it's easy to miss the fact that he was huge for them this year, Like he was like led the league in three point shooting this year, was really like a strong I mean, he was probably their best player on the team this year because Bial was hurt a lot of the time and didn't have a great season. But so I think that was a big miss for like, they missed him a lot in the playoffs. But I it's not there's no easy answers for Phoenix Suns fans.
Speaker 1: That quote from from bal right before when he said I've never been swept the day of my life. I'll be danged if that happened fins now and cut to that press conference the next day and he's like, well, all.
Speaker 4: Be one of the worst elimination games. Yeah, that I've seen.
Speaker 7: I do respect him getting fouled out, So technically he did not wind up in like on the court when they were.
Speaker 9: Being sweet right to the heroes that he got buy on a technicality there, Yeah, coach, Yeah, does the foul like a lot of size.
Speaker 2: He's like, I only got three fouls. He's like, all right, I'm I'm gonna have to deck the ref or something like I gotta get efficient, man, I got to get off the court.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's whatever. So there there there's more pain there.
Speaker 2: Where else? Are you thinking? In the West?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Jack? Your Oklahoma City Thunders ticket is burning, So I do.
Speaker 4: We were under it on okay, see to win in the off season in there for summer league, for summer league, because I saw I saw the first chet Summer League game, and I was like maybe, and so put one hundred on that that would be worth a lot if if it came through millions?
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, how much ten thousand?
Speaker 2: Oh whoa, yeah, that's no joke. That's a hundred X. That's a hundred excerpt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they were yeah, yeah, they're.
Speaker 2: Underappreciated to say the least.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but I don't know, like I don't think they're top three in the like they'd probably be third in the West heading into the second round of like most third most likely behind Nuggets, and I think probably behind Minnesota. But it's still, you know, stranger things have happened and it's.
Speaker 6: Not gonna happen. But that that's a.
Speaker 2: Pretty good thing.
Speaker 4: I know it's not happening, but I like, all right, you know what, hey, Jasmine, you know what when I when I said that I did that in the off season. Uh, we had a gambling expert on and he takes me for my donation to the City of Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said, thank you for donating yet.
Speaker 3: To the city. Yes, and guess what, You're not going to win.
Speaker 4: Still not going to win, but it's looking a lot better than it ever has. It's just like a website where you can sell a ticket, like I could.
Speaker 3: I could sell that now, but I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 2: It's it's a fun idea. It's a fun, fun idea.
Speaker 6: The minute you sell it, that's when you know, that's.
Speaker 4: When it happens. That's when Yo Murray both go down with injuries and yeah.
Speaker 1: Murray gets deported to Canada for some reason, like his papers weren't right, and you're like.
Speaker 4: What aunt somehow gets traded to Okay, see like like yeah, I don't know, just thought it'd be cool, so yeah, let it happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah if he just pulled up and asked if he can if he can get in, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It seems like it's gonna work out crazy.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that was a I mean that that final game when they got swept as you know again, I was I'm still invested in brandon Ingram and I still like to see when he does well.
Speaker 2: It makes me feel good inside.
Speaker 1: And when he's not doing what I feel bad and that was a terrible That was.
Speaker 4: The feel bad movie of the of the playoffs of them. You're a brandon Ingram fan. Yeah, that wasn't great.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean now like the fans are like calling for him and like c J McCollum, like just to be like, get Ah be gone. That's a little too convenient. I know a lot of fans when their team gets eliminated, it's easy to be like and it was these two people and that's it, and that was the whole thing.
Speaker 2: That's my analysis.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 7: I don't like that we just called for people to get out and leave.
Speaker 6: When we lose. Laker fans, I think it is different because we expect excellence. But well yeah, isn't.
Speaker 1: Like stop like you're like, it's all right, we do it because we don't have time for.
Speaker 2: Foolishness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, guys, I mean it's ahead.
Speaker 6: Can't just be grateful, Okay.
Speaker 2: It's different. There's levels to this. There's levels to this.
Speaker 1: I'm only upset though, too, because now every Laker fan is calling for my cousin Ruy Hachimura, my fellow black knees person in the league to be out And I get that last play didn't look great, but a lot of things didn't look great in that last play, and I think it's a little too convenient to just be like.
Speaker 2: Oh and look he was.
Speaker 1: He left us wanting more that whole series. But again it's it's it's bigger than that. But I get it too. Everybody sees that.
Speaker 2: And that's why it was just that part there.
Speaker 7: Do you remember this is like going off and attention and I apologize.
Speaker 6: Or you're welcome.
Speaker 7: Steve Bartman with the Cubs and how everybody thinks that that's why they lost the game, But it was actually like the picture Carrie was.
Speaker 6: Like not doing what he should have done.
Speaker 7: The chart stopped messed an easy catch, and that's how I feel like, yes, it was bad, but everything in totality was right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, I'm very glad that you said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, exactly. I mean, like, come at moys Al Lou you know what I mean. He was supposed to come at.
Speaker 6: Steve passionate that he had that ball, and he did not. Yeah, horrible fielder, horrible.
Speaker 4: He was doing like silent film acting about how easily he could have caught it and like pointing at Steve Barb and.
Speaker 2: Love but not for him.
Speaker 3: He told guy, it's this guy Chapman settled down. Yeah, Buster Chaplin, not Chapman.
Speaker 4: Oh, Charlie, Charlie Chapman. Yeah, Charlie Rex Chapman.
Speaker 2: And elsewhere in the West Clippers. Yeah, they're tied up to and two.
Speaker 4: That's I mean, that series is the most fun series we got going.
Speaker 1: I think I had admitted yeah, I mean I couldn't. It was painful to see just Paul George and James Harden just like ice that game out at the end, and I was like, Jason.
Speaker 2: Kidd, please put some rim protection in there. James Harden is going in just floating it up like it's nothing. How many how many you can allow? Please? I can't watch this.
Speaker 4: It's notice to have a great coach in the in the playoffs, like Tyler, It's just yeah, the Tyler is a good coach, and I don't think Jason Kid's look that good a coach. So there's always gonna be those moments in the in the playoffs where it's just like, oh, right, were coaching coaching advantages do matter?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that was no clue what that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now I'm like, we should have Tyler because he play for us. That's how it should work. You should never be able to work with someone else. Look, I said, I made my piece, but it's just I have a peaceful.
Speaker 6: It's right there, it's at the surface.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean look as much as like I know this has become a de facto Lakers and Sixers podcast, but it's just it's one of those things. Or even when you feel like like we were never gonna win anyway, there's still this sickness that all Laker fans have where they're like, we could win this year and we might be able to and we probably should until reality sets.
Speaker 2: In and you're like that was wrong. But I can't help it.
Speaker 7: I don't say this in front of everybody, but I really thought I was like, hmm, sometime tells me Lakers and six I had it in my mind.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, am I delusion?
Speaker 7: And I asked everybody and they're like, hell yes, But I really thought, like, looking if everybody was like doing what they should have done, right, I'm trying not to blame the lo That's what I was really trying.
Speaker 6: To right, right, right, But I yeah, maybe I'm just illusional. I really thought he would have made it more of a series.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: That was the part is like I wanted to dabble in that like the comfort of Laker fan delusion.
Speaker 2: But part was like.
Speaker 1: If this, if I crashed out on it, it would be way too painful. I was like, you know what, I can't even put that beat down because I'm just my body can't cash that check emotionally. Yeah, so we shall see what happens there. But yeah, Jack, you were saying you think you thought maybe you cursed kawhi by by praising him too much.
Speaker 3: All Right, we don't need to bring this up again. Miles.
Speaker 2: Well we were both like maybe that. Okay. See New Orleans series.
Speaker 4: Takes Jasmine heading into the playoffs where people are forgetting that the heat.
Speaker 3: That's right, We're this good.
Speaker 4: Were this bad heading into the playoffs last year? Okay, so watch out for Jimmy Buckets to turn earn things up again. I don't know how You're falling asleep in the exact same way. And then like minutes after we published, it was like Jimmy Butler's out for the entire series. And then I was like, oh, yeah, well one more thing, Kawhi Leonard. People forget last year when he was kind of injured played in the playoffs, and when he played was the best player in the NBA. So look for that to happen again. And he played fairly injured and looked like he was trying to spite me for making that prediction.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. It was not pretty.
Speaker 4: So I'm not wrong about many things, as people know, as listeners know, I rarely miss.
Speaker 2: But what I do, I'll.
Speaker 3: Blame someone else. Yeah, true, champion. Man, it's a stuff I just I don't know.
Speaker 4: But they they have looked great without him, So it's it's gonna be an interesting It's interesting to see where.
Speaker 3: He goes from here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I can't imagine the we're better without Kawhi trend keeps.
Speaker 6: Up, which is wild to say.
Speaker 4: One thing that like, I keep like people keep being shocked that James Harden is having good games in the playoffs. He had like some incredible games in the six er Celtics series last year, Like he just didn't have them consistently enough for them to win the series. But he had a couple of games where people were like, James Harden's good in the playoffs now, and it feels like that just got memory hold right as did Like.
Speaker 1: I think it's because of the disappointment of that Celtics series that people just completely like wrote him off.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, but when it matters, like when it matters.
Speaker 6: Was he good in Game seven?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: No, well remember that the meaning that's the last memory, that's the one you remember.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that, like, we are not in the elimination game yet, so I wouldn't be like Harden has turned a new corner because he turned that corner last year.
Speaker 3: He just didn't do it in the elimination game.
Speaker 4: So let's let's keep our powder dry on the James Harden is now playoff James.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we'll see Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a break, we'll come back and we'll look at the other side of the league.
Speaker 2: The Eastern Conference. Yeah, I know, after this.
Speaker 1: And we're back the Eastern Conference playoffs though seems like a mostly it's wild like everyone talked about how tough the West was. It was like so tough to like, you know what, we have nearly three or near what two out of the three series that already over or sweeps, you know what I mean. Yeah, and that just shows you, like how just powerful some of these teams are.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit tighter. Although it feels a Celtics seat. I think that's a bit of a foregone conclusion at.
Speaker 4: This year, Pat Celtics, You're gonna win that one. Like the big news in the Eastern Conferences. Porzingis has something going on with his calf.
Speaker 3: He's out at least several.
Speaker 4: Games, which is a very broad like that's an sat question, like what is at least several Yeah, but it's so that's I mean, that's a huge game changer. I think he's one of the more important players for their success. He like kind of the big difference maker that made them took them from what they were last year to being, you know, one of the best regular season teams ever and you know, give them the size and rim protection that they need to like be a.
Speaker 3: Real threat to win the title this year. We'll see.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think there's still a real threat to win the title this year without him, But it seems like it's not as bad as I think everybody was fearing. He first like kind of walked off and put his hands on top of his head, and yeah.
Speaker 1: Whenever it happened, he limps off and pulls their jersey to cover their face and puts their hands on their head. That's the universal symbol for I've done it. Yeah, I think it's I think I cooked it.
Speaker 2: Turkey's done.
Speaker 1: So yeah, at least several I feel seems a bit useful you based on that physical reaction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who knows? Who knows?
Speaker 4: They are looking like they're going to win that one with the badly injury defeated Miller, are you.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, as a neutral, I'm really disappointed because I would have liked to have seen.
Speaker 2: Like at least thirty percent of the bucks like they seem, Yeah, was decimated.
Speaker 4: I want to see everybody at full health, and especially them, like where there was so much build up and like you know, having Damianis together I think captured a lot of people's imagination.
Speaker 3: It would have been fun.
Speaker 4: I am anybody, but the Celtics as far as far as like my preferences, and so they probably had the best chance in the East of challenging the Celtics. Yeah, so yeah, I'm not I'm I'm definitely not happy about how this is shaping up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I mean credit to the Pacers though, they're they've been look you got lucky there.
Speaker 2: They you're completely falling apart.
Speaker 1: It was funny too because after like that first game, the Pacers were like, don't worry, man, they got doc rivers.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be. Okay, We're gonna be.
Speaker 5: There was like I saw it on like their fans tweeters, like they're just being likes fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah pacers yeah yeah, yeah, not the players, no, yeah, the fans were just like, it's it, don't worry.
Speaker 2: The universe always delivers. There are certain laws.
Speaker 4: You did have Pacers fan Megan Gayly on and she said that it was after the Pacers went down one. She said that she felt like Dame had cursed Halliburton for doing the Dame time gesture in the I think it was the n season tournament and that seemed to have broken the curse. We do believe in curses. Here a very dumb basketball podcast. We don't believe in analytics. We believe in curses, don't and couldn't tell you.
Speaker 1: What all those weird numbers mean. But I know a curse when I see one that broke the curse. And now he's rolling. They seem to be doing pretty well.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because I was looking at stuff, I was like, what do you mean, yo, kitches with ts or Travis Scott. I saw some number seventy seven Travis Scott's or something whatever, don't matter.
Speaker 7: Oh, can you please not mention the N Season Tournament without mentioning who won?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah yeah. Karen Bass came through and was like, guys, at least we got one, so we're she said, a tough season.
Speaker 3: At least we won the N Season Tournament.
Speaker 1: Karen Bass, please fade into the background. We do not need to hear from our mayor right now. Not right now, Mayor baths yeah uh and then the magic this right now as before the game five happens, they're tied up too and two, and I remember the being like, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, yeah, can get down too.
Speaker 4: But I was like, Orlando's defenses is one of the better weapons I've seen, like in the postseason, and they they took it to them in the second two games. So Orlando Cleveland and Clippers MAVs, I feel like, are the two round one series that we can kind of count on being there for us as as everyone else's I.
Speaker 7: Hadn't watched like a second of either of these teams in like the regular season, so I'm like, I'm really just here for vibes this time. Yeah, and it's the last couple games have not disappointed. Well, the scores have, but like now I'm like, this is a series and I'm hoping somebody goes to seven.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah possible.
Speaker 1: I mean, like the Magic aren't good on the road, so but like if they want to survive, they're gonna have to get something in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: But I but that's what the postseason's for, for people to rise to the occasion or fall flat on their faces like the Lakers did.
Speaker 4: Seen Sugs since Gonzaga like that last time I saw him, I was like, he's he's like an offensive powerhouse and uh, watching him in the in the playoffs, just like ripping people at half court, I was like, he's a totally different player and like really fun like that, and then Isaac's is really fun. I don't know, They're they're cool, man, I don't. I don't think they're gonna beat anyone in the second round, but they're they're a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jack, I can't believe have you got nothing? Else to say about the Sixers.
Speaker 1: I want I just want to glass right over there, like Nicks are probably gonna win.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, what the game has started, Like as we're recording this, the Sixers or down three to one, the game, the elimination game has started, and I don't know, it's yeah, like they have not been able to win the close ones, and yeah, that's embiid seems too slow to rebound, seems to be the main problem. And so there's just a lot of problems on the offensive boards, you know, all with injury, and it's.
Speaker 3: Just like a truly cursed career for this man in Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Just seeing that that shot him that they're saying, like, yo, he's got a mild case of Bell's palsy, like you know, like a form like facial paralysis.
Speaker 3: And I was with half his face is paralyzed for something I.
Speaker 2: Could not I was like, yo, this guy is doing everything right now.
Speaker 1: He's like I got off the leg, my face is paralyzed, and he's still.
Speaker 2: I still made that shot. I was like, hey, he put up.
Speaker 4: Like everybody's talking about him being historically bad in the playoffs, he does seem to have historical bad luck. In the playoffs, he did put up fifty game three. Despite that one of the strangest just performances in a in a basketball like seemed for the first half it was like, is he all right? Is everything okay with him? Like he seems like he's going through things emotion down And he ended up having fifty and the Sixers won the game. But uh, yeah, I just think I think the Knicks are too quick for them. Things things aren't uh with with him being injured, they they're just it's a it's a liability for the Sixers, So yeah, they.
Speaker 3: Are right now.
Speaker 4: I always sound if even when they're if they were up three one, this is how I would sound.
Speaker 3: This is just what it is to be a Sixers fan.
Speaker 2: We were doing this all season.
Speaker 1: We're like, Jack, look at them they're doing They're putting a little run together.
Speaker 2: You're like, I don't know, it doesn't matter. I'm like, come on, tap into the delute. It's twenty.
Speaker 1: Every time we have Philly fans on like Blake, we slur too. Everyone has like the same thing. It's like, I don't know, man, Like I'll believe it when I see it, but but I will.
Speaker 2: Watch and maybe.
Speaker 7: Go a sad life and were over here on the other end of the spectrum. Just like, yeah, Lakers.
Speaker 6: To next year.
Speaker 1: We're both on the same like of school bus going off a cliff. But it's like that meme where someone's looking out one side of the bus and the other person looking at the other side of the bus and like, but we're on the same bus, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's just like the Laker fans like, wow, we are not on the same bus.
Speaker 3: By the way, you guys have eighteen titles, we have a couple.
Speaker 4: We've had an MVP or near MVP for the past uh you know, four years, and every year the playoffs are a disaster, So uh do to the like thing?
Speaker 3: It like doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: Like I mean, I guess it makes sense because he's seven foot two and you know, has just like a massive body and like you know that. But it's every he'll have a great year and then like things just start to fall apart right at the postseason. Just is it's too long? Yeah, but like this year, you know, he took some time off. I guess he was badly injured. Anyways, It's none of this makes sense. It's been a fun ride as a Sixers fan, and I am no longer a Sixers fan.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's been my time.
Speaker 1: Like Elon Musk on that Tesla shareholders call, it's like, actually, we don't make cars.
Speaker 2: We actually AI robotics coming, So it's not an l I'm.
Speaker 3: Just a fan of the great game of basketball. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yes, you have you have transcended. You have transcended.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of transcended, I think it's time we start a new tradition here on the show.
Speaker 2: It's time to give a quick eulogy to the teams we have lost to the postseason. Que the cue the church music, please mm hmm, Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today to lay several teams down to rest this week.
Speaker 1: And although they each fought valiantly, we're going to need the Pelicans to step up first.
Speaker 2: Please please, please approach the de lectern please.
Speaker 4: I think they're in a better place now when they were getting swept a couple of nights ago. The most depressing detail as we were going through the eulogy notes they won forty nine games in the regular season this year. That is the third most enfranchised history.
Speaker 3: And it didn't even feel like that that could.
Speaker 4: A seasoned for that they still only have two playoff wins since the twenty seventeen twenty eighteen season. Is this how you're supposed to eulogize someone at their funeral? Is just saying depressing about well, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, it's kind of it's a little bit, it's just kind of just I guess maybe we'll call it a post mortem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, on the best of health moving forward, and you know, happy trails to brandon ingram I guess absolutely.
Speaker 2: To the Pelicans.
Speaker 1: You know, now you have time to tour the beaches of Galveston, Texas or go to Faraday, Louisiana.
Speaker 2: It's all. It's all fun and games. Phoenix Suns fans, we're talking to you next.
Speaker 1: And there was plenty of evidence that a manufactured super team would rarely work.
Speaker 2: We honestly, we can't fault you for trying, for having a dream. Look, I was there.
Speaker 1: I thought Gary Payton and Carl Malone. Anyways, let's forget it. Anyway, I'm just saying, we can't fault you for trying. We can't fault you for trying.
Speaker 4: I did really believe, I really believed that they might be able to do something because of how good the nets looked four years ago. That's what That was the logic that I was clinging to. I remember remember when the nets like peak, but it was peak KD, so that was the difference. Anyways, the rumor mill is already a buzz surrounding multiple stars, head coach Frank Vogel, the team in general.
Speaker 3: We wish you safe, trails.
Speaker 1: Took Casa Grande, and now, my Laker fans, our time has come yet again, as Denver has done it to us again.
Speaker 2: I don't think ad.
Speaker 1: Look, you may have played a career high in games and Lebron in his most games since twenty eighteen, only for the team to not perform the expectations and have immediate rumors about his.
Speaker 2: Future in LA following the season.
Speaker 1: But at least this ride has been fun and completely free of anxiety or angsil, I'm not on.
Speaker 2: It was full of anxiety and actually want my kidding.
Speaker 1: Look, the Nuggets seemed to have been our alpha and our omega.
Speaker 2: We started the season playing them. They pieced us up.
Speaker 1: Then when we were unveiling Kobe Bryant's statue, we played, y'all you.
Speaker 2: Pieced us up?
Speaker 1: Then, oh, Wow, the night Lebron James became the first player to reach forty thousand points. You pieced us up, and now we meet again as you Nuggets lay us to rest and we ride off.
Speaker 2: Into North Hollywood relaxation. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're gonna we're gonna take a quick break and we're gonna be right back with the fourth quarter right after this.
Speaker 3: Wow, you're really crying. That's incredible.
Speaker 2: These are courage tears, man, because I'm so courageous.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: So we're back and it's time for the fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: It's time, but we are Yeah, rapid fire round of questions, Jasmineill Watkins, you're in the hot seat.
Speaker 2: You've done this before. This is the fastest question answer segment in all podcasting history. We're gonna give you a question.
Speaker 1: You just check, pass it right back quick, reflexively. Don't be you know, giving quality in depth answers. Just give us like reflexive answers, you know. And if you take too long, we're going to be rude to you. But I just want to warn you we will be rude. Perfect here we go.
Speaker 2: Cramp Oh wow, it was.
Speaker 3: My favorite show.
Speaker 2: Have you seen him? He has some of the funniest.
Speaker 4: Takes on, just the stuff that's I just keep I keep saying to myself, can he.
Speaker 2: Say, you guy's got something, This guy's got something. Sold you go first? Check or show I go?
Speaker 3: I would love to go first. Miles, Thank you for asking.
Speaker 2: You were very welcome.
Speaker 3: Jazz.
Speaker 4: You could have any player's skill set for a day, but it has to be a non basketball skill.
Speaker 3: Who are you picking him? What skill?
Speaker 2: Oh? Like Rondo's like roller skating abilities.
Speaker 4: Jon Rondo's roller skating Steph Curry's golf swing, one of the way, yeah, Waymingtondale's base.
Speaker 6: Oh oh wait, wait wait wait? Who played saxophone? Somebody plays? Are really mean that Bill.
Speaker 3: And he was the president. I always think Bill Clinton was in the NBA too.
Speaker 7: No, I want to say, I want to say David Robinson. David Robinson, somebody played saxophone for Maxic Johnson and I think it was like.
Speaker 1: A yeah, wow, wow, we got to go in the vault for that one.
Speaker 2: Hold on here it is. Yeah, look at Magic.
Speaker 1: You's got a tear in his eye like he just watched the Lakers play or something.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's beautiful. That's a beautiful answer. Are you a musician though. No, but yeah, okay, that makes sense, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jasmine, We've got a time machine, but it's a Lakers specific time machine, and you can go back in time to see any of these moments I'm about to get you. Choose one, Magic's game winner, baby skyhooking, Game four at the Garden in eighty seven, Game seven twenty ten, you know what time it is, and also the Lakers title game in the Bubble versus the Heat. Those are you three options? Where are you taking the time.
Speaker 6: Machine twenty ten?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Easy, yep, yep. It still chasing that feeling. I gotta tell you, still chasing that still chasing that feeling. Okay, next over the Celtics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because I mean, look, they they gave it to us, and we said to say, okay, but let me regroup real quick.
Speaker 2: I think we got something for you. We got something for you.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, you do have COVID antibodies and you're able to spread COVID back in twenty ten, So time traveling there was the wrong answer.
Speaker 3: You've started the pandemic ten years earlier. Messed up.
Speaker 2: That's the thing to keep.
Speaker 3: Questions.
Speaker 4: I know, all right, more likely to happen and why Pacers Eastern Conference Final run or Clippers Western Conference Finals run.
Speaker 7: Pacers, I think Halliburt they got the Kylen Clark magic around them, and I don't think the world is ready to see or we're not ready for Caliburn's outfits to leave us, so he can't be out. He needed two more games. And I will never pick Clippers no matter what.
Speaker 2: Right that makes that makes sense? That makes sense? Wait?
Speaker 4: Would they who are they playing the second round? Are the Pacers playing the Celtics second round? Or are they playing the Knicks?
Speaker 2: Oh? They are playing whatever Nick Nicks?
Speaker 3: All right, yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 6: I can assuming you know the Sixers don't come back.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, right, yeah, did you see him? You're crazy in the assume that.
Speaker 2: His eyes just went inside.
Speaker 6: It's fine.
Speaker 1: His eyes did the bone thugs thing again, just went black.
Speaker 3: He didn't like where am I?
Speaker 1: And in this version, his uncle Charles was Barkley When you played on the Sixers, y'all, Jasmine, I want to show you some fantastic nineties throwback jerseys. Pick your top three from these coveted, coveted iconic basketball jersey designs from the.
Speaker 6: Nineties oh, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: Hornets, Okay, Larry Johnson's Larry Johnson era pin stripes, t L pin stripes.
Speaker 6: Great, Yeah, this is tough. I'm gonna go magic. I'm trying not to be all pinstripey.
Speaker 2: But wow, yeah it is iconic.
Speaker 4: The pH Yeah, Shatra royal blue with pin stripes.
Speaker 7: I would say bulls, but I'm not gonna go three pin stripes. I'm gonna go Sixers just because that was a golden era of Sixers jerseys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, grade Sixers jersey iverson era basketball swooshing by.
Speaker 3: There's something going on with the eye. I forget what. It's got a star on it got a star.
Speaker 7: That made me very sad because I'm thinking about like Sixers now, no shade like t Wolves now, all the jerseys suck.
Speaker 3: Jerseys aren't aren't the best, not the best, and then you can get.
Speaker 7: Timberwolves from from whatever they got on now it's too clean like that KG ruggedness.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, like I want to I want to picture Steffan in that thing like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's well, it's funny too, because like the best jerseys like every year are when they're like we're bringing that one back from the nineties. You're like, yo, like I got like I got the Grizzly I got a Grizzlies jersey because they did.
Speaker 2: The Vancouver one. Oh oh, because at the time I was.
Speaker 1: Also a big Charif Abdoor Raheem fan too. It was kind of nostalgic for me.
Speaker 2: But anyway, look, see just ask me. We got to keep this going, Jack.
Speaker 3: Do you have a sorry question?
Speaker 2: Another question?
Speaker 3: Yeah, our final question.
Speaker 4: What is the one moment or game from NBA history that you wish Twitter had been around for obviously pre two thousand and whatever, year.
Speaker 2: Nine or six.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just for the discourse.
Speaker 7: I know it's an easy one, but I would go Finals Jazz Bulls, Jordan's push off Diddy Didney, Oh, because I would want to see everybody dissect that plane and.
Speaker 4: To obliviate we beg the flu game conspiracy theories right away.
Speaker 7: You know it was pizza, but yeah, yeah, you see, it's so much drama around that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Jordan's not the goat. That would have also been the big time Jan's goat. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine some clowns just like saying that with their whole chest.
Speaker 1: You're like, yeah, okay, yeah, Well you know what, I'm gonna save this tweet for twenty years exactly.
Speaker 2: It's Bob Cousy.
Speaker 3: It's Bob Coozy.
Speaker 2: Always was George.
Speaker 6: Unfair Shade.
Speaker 7: He was good and I just feel like everybody saw him because he is not as good as the generation is coming after him obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's just like thee of him dribbling around, like it looks like he had just invented dribbling, Like fifteen seconds before that clip, He's like.
Speaker 2: Look at what I can do with the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, spinning spinning around.
Speaker 1: That always shows you like like why, like you know, when we started the show, it's always about like the game is always evolving like forward and getting better and better and better, and like that's where we start. And look at where we're at now with like the kind of stuff we see Aunt do and everybody.
Speaker 2: Ah, anyway, it's it's good times.
Speaker 1: It's good times for the neutral And I now declare myself a neutral.
Speaker 3: To be a neutral in an hour and a half, just come to the light.
Speaker 2: Now, come to the light now.
Speaker 1: Jasmine Watkins, thank you so much for joining us on Miles with Jack. I'm at Boosti's where do people find you? Follow you, support you, celebrate you.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 7: Support me on Twitter at jazz and l Watkins. You could also tip me if you want to buy me lunch.
Speaker 6: I'm just kidding. No one does that. And yeah, don't follow me anywhere else. I'm actually good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, I mean this is it's a must follow if you are interested in anything basketball and humorous and just genuine fun.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be Jasmine's account please. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But it's but it's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like it's but it's the kind of it's what we need. It's what I need to be honest right.
Speaker 6: Send me your virtual hug, Miles.
Speaker 1: That and what's the dude awful coaching that dude on YouTube the screams, like breaksdowns all the places like yep, yep.
Speaker 3: Tennison if Samson is Lakers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's been very cathartic. Well, And you can also find us at the hashtag mad Boosties.
Speaker 1: That's you can find show links and updates and things like that.
Speaker 2: And you can find me on Twitter at Miles of Gray.
Speaker 3: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's going to do it.
Speaker 1: That's it, Jack and I will be new Unbound by our mortal tethers as hosts next episode. As we have now fully transitioned to neutrality, full neutrality.
Speaker 4: Who are you going to be rooting for once once we're both fully neutral?
Speaker 2: Oh man, you know already know what it is. I have to get my work New York New York Mix. Yeah, yeah, there we go.
Speaker 4: I'm going to Minnesota full full in the tank for Minnesota and obviously, okay, see, so that's gonna be tough.
Speaker 2: I mean, at this point, you know what it is.
Speaker 1: It's just we're we're united and it being anyone but the Celtics, anyone.
Speaker 4: The Celtics, anyone but the Celtics.
Speaker 3: No, anyone but the Celtics.
Speaker 1: We don't want the Celtics anymore.
Speaker 2: Don't let them hang another banner anymore. So that's it from Delusional Laker Fantown. Thank you so much for listening to us. We'll be back next week, mamma