Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour on.
Speaker 2: This Friday, it's a meat Friday. It's also National Donut Day. We've combined the two donut burgers called Luther Burgers. Has anybody had one of these things? I just went out there and saw what Tyler's creating. It looks interesting. See you cut the donuts in half, you put the burgers on the trigger, and then you've got a Luther Burger. Also baked buffalo chicken dip and waffle fries. Who is it better than we do?
Speaker 3: No Nobody.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. Has anybody had a Luther Burger?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I didn't think so.
Speaker 5: I've seen a lot of places that have burgers wrapped with donuts. It seems excessive, the sweetness of it.
Speaker 2: It's not something where I go, you know what I'm trying to, I don't know, dress this up a little bit. Feels like something you would get at a baseball park. The ballpark they would go, you know what we're doing. We're doing you know, cream filled cream, Crispy Kream night with burgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I've gone to Cape Cod League games like Horowitch and they have something called the slammer or a slammer. But they had that was a burger between two Boston cream donuts. Okay, that was if you are under ten, you seem to enjoy it a lot. But I don't know that anybody else has the stomach for that.
Speaker 2: Todd.
Speaker 6: It comes with a souvenir, a orna valve, I think in a blood pressure kid. So that's nice. Just while you're reading it, you could see what your numbers look like.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'll swallow the end of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once again, it's Friday Fritzi.
Speaker 6: It's called the Systolic Diastolic.
Speaker 2: If you're watching on Peacock, we apologize. Thank you for joining us. Downloading down phone number eight seven seven three DP show. We will get two more phone calls coming up in the final hour of the program. Utah has there an HL team that they got from Arizona and they're close to a name. This is exciting that you know Salt Lake has a hockey team there and they have Yetti and Blizzard. What are some of the other names that they have.
Speaker 5: The Mammoth, the Outlaws, the.
Speaker 2: Old Utah Hockey Club Fire. Yeah, I like that, not the fire and the venom and the venom.
Speaker 5: Okay, blizzard seems to be getting a lot of traction, no pun intended, the blizz.
Speaker 3: We do like to name our sports teams after national disaster, I mean natural disaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hurricanes, Yeah, hurricanes, quakes, tornadoes.
Speaker 3: If it's going to wipe out a massive chunk of the population, let's name our team aftersunami.
Speaker 2: Never caught on, Yeah it did.
Speaker 5: We talked about how there's not enough teams named after afflictions. There's fever, but not like the the Georgia gout. That'd be a good name for.
Speaker 2: A team, Salt Lake boils. Right, you know, just you don't want to DM up though, all right? Eight seven seven three DP show email address, DPA, dan Patrick dot com, Twitter handlely DP show, iHeartRadio, Fox Sports Radio, and four hundred cities around America. Yes, Paul, But if you're.
Speaker 5: The Utah Yetti, you got that, You got the mascot is great. You got a built in sponsor. I mean they have to sponsor YETI coolers.
Speaker 7: That seems like.
Speaker 2: But but wait, is it YETI the coolers?
Speaker 5: Or is it YETI the fictitious mountain, you know, polar Beacher something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a mountain creature. Okay, Yetti, Okay, great mascot. Okay, Blizzard.
Speaker 5: You could when they blizz they win, white stuff drops.
Speaker 2: From the ceiling. Nobody beats the blizz.
Speaker 7: Yeah, nobody beat Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, So Utah close to naming their their NHL team. By the way, Doris Burke made history last night. She was the color analyst for The Mothership during the NBA Finals. First time that has happened. I believe in all four major sports where the analyst for a championship game or series was a female. Doris doesn't like to talk about Doris didn't get a lot of coverage there, but we want to single her out. She loves the game. She said, she's not a lifer at doing this, but she played basketball and has been doing games for a long time and got the opportunity there, but she was kind of pushing away any publicity. Also, I was, I guess surprised with the Mothership that I would have had JJ Reddick on my pregame show or your NBA show that's earlier in the afternoon, something that had him where I could ask him about the Lakers situation. It is the biggest story in sports. JJ had been mentioned as the front runner his job to lose. Now all of a sudden, Danny Hurley is en route to LA to interview for the job. Maybe take the job. JJ Reddick is join the NBA Finals. You got to have him preview Game one. And while we have you, JJ, what do you know about the Lakers situation? Nobody asked a question to him. I have to ask him. He may say, look, I don't want to talk about it, or I don't have anything to say, or whatever. And look, we have people who are guested on this show and they'll or their pr people say, look, don't ask me that I don't want to answer the question. I go, I'm asking the question. How you decide to answer is up to you. I have to do my job. Whether I ask you the question and you say I don't want to talk about it, okay, I have to ask the question. Look, he's your employee. You got to ask him the question. Whether he says I don't know anything, when's the last time you spoke to the Lakers? Like These would be just normal questions that I would ask, and I would think that that's fair to the story, and it's the biggest story. You don't want to be scooped on this. You don't want to have somebody who is going to then get JJ Reddick. Now they take the story away from you. You own it. It's inside. Wojes broke the story with Danny Hurley. You have JJ Reddick. I want to hear from JJ Reddick. But Danny Hurley or Dan Hurley is going out to Los Angeles and Jeff Goodman, the great college basketball reporter, says, Yukon is preparing a big deal here, big contract for Danny Hurley, which is why we got here in the first place. I wonder if Connecticut had ponied up the money, would we even be having Danny Hurley thinking about this? And the answer would probably be no, because he would have signed that contract.
Speaker 8: Yes, Mark, do you think Yukon's going to Yukon's nil collective like, Hey, we need a pony of some more money so we can come close to me.
Speaker 2: I don't know how much they have in their collective, you know what it's called. I think Seth Greenberg was being interviewed on Mad Dog Radio and he was talking about what it cost to have a collective or nil for a you know, Marquis Basketball school, and he said it went from three million dollars it doubled in one year to six million dollars. That's where we are with college basketball. And if you do the math with the number of players that you're going to have, they're going to get paid. And this is something that you know, what does Connecticut have? You know, some of these other programs have a great football program that can maybe help subsidize, you know, with bringing in a recruiter or bringing in a coach. But with a situation like this, you know, how much money is enough money to stay at Connecticut? Is the Laker job a great job? Now? What if Danny Hurley puts it out there, Hey, I'm going to turn down the Laker job. I'm going to make seven million dollars or eight million dollars. I mean, he should be compensated similarly to Bill self and John KELLAPERI those are the two I has paid coaches. If I'm Danny Hurley, it's like I turned down the Kentucky opportunity when that opened up. I want to be paid what they get paid, if not more. Now, can you pay him eight million dollars a year. It's a state school. Can you afford not to pay him? That's probably a better way to phrase the question. But Connecticut, it's going to have, you know, at least a chance here put something in front of Danny Hurley. But if I'm the Lakers, I don't let him out of the building unless I have something that is agreed to in principle, if not signed.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: Watching the local news here last night and they were doing the like downtown Hartford by the Civic Center where you kind of occasionally played. They play some home games there, not even all of them. So this is man on the streets reaction.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. They're in like the local bars and stuff, and all the owners are like, he can't leave, can't We need him here. He can't. We're just finally having a good couple of years and now he's going to go. We need him back. Please give him the money, make them stay.
Speaker 9: We need it.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is a big deal in this state. This would be like, you know, Alabama getting a new head coach in football, you know, it'd be big in Tuscaloosa, like the state of Connecticut, or at least a good portion of it invested in Yukon men's and women's basketball. This is a big deal, not as big if if Gino left the women's team, but he just signed up for five more years. But Gino says, look, I'm telling Danny to take the Laker job. Yes, Mark.
Speaker 8: And it's funny because Yukon's always been a program where they win a national title and then they're down for three years. Yeah, and then they win a national title, then they're down for eight years. This is rare territory for Yukon because they want back to back national titles on the men's side. So it's like, wait, we can be consistently good for the next ten years to match Duke and Carolina, because I think that's always been the thing that's been missing with Yukon is not consistently being a Final four contender like Duke in a Carolina in a Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you're looking in the last twenty five years, I mean, they've won more national titles than anybody else.
Speaker 7: Look, I didn't want to say it, but that's obvious.
Speaker 2: You're not wearing black like you did yesterday.
Speaker 7: Now I'm optimistic.
Speaker 8: MC Hammer's on my front Jojosy and boised the man on the back.
Speaker 7: I feel good.
Speaker 2: That's a nice T shirt though, thank you. Yeah, that was that was when you were younger, when you went to see mc hammer.
Speaker 7: This is from the nineteen ninety two Too Legit to Quit tour.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I remember that one so vividly, when he came out in his big robe and he he did can't touch this? Or no did he do? What was the first song he did when he jumped on stage.
Speaker 8: Think he came out with too Legit? Two Legit took Aquie. Then he finished with, uh, can't touch this.
Speaker 3: Dude, I couldn't make Starting this concert with Too Legit to Quit in ninety two must have just like been amazing. You can't do that though, It must have been awesome. I mean the place must have exploded.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How many times where you go, Oh, you know, I'm gonna get to my seat. You know now you missed the first one, first song or two you're racing to get to your seat. There be there early then, Yes, Tom.
Speaker 6: Did Mr have enough hits to have a concert? I know he brought in his boys. Dam how damn can any of us name like five howards?
Speaker 2: Look you had five minutes of so called comedy, and we didn't think you had five minutes of jokes there. Joke boy, I'm.
Speaker 11: Just saying, there's a reason why there's other people on the back of Marvin's shirt.
Speaker 12: You don't remember.
Speaker 9: This mother.
Speaker 2: That was a great song.
Speaker 7: We're turning this mother out?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? That's wow?
Speaker 5: We pray, pray, don't sleep on pumps in the bump.
Speaker 2: But but what happened? What happened Emember? He spent all that money. He lived a really lavish lifestyle.
Speaker 8: DP if you saw the tour, you see why money was spent. He came out in a globe. The glo came down and he came out boom too lodged.
Speaker 13: Hey.
Speaker 8: I was like this is amazing. Two yeah, you know, I was like this is great. My mom's like this looks expensive.
Speaker 2: Like Taylor Swift's doing that stuff now. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He had this great interview on Oprah after things had gone south for him and he had gone bankrupt and all these other things, and they were talking about like, you know, like a man, you spent all that money, like now you're broke and all of this stuff.
Speaker 2: And after a little.
Speaker 3: While he's kind of like, well, well, hold on a second, Okay, I'm not broke.
Speaker 2: I don't ever have to work again. I don't ever have to do anything.
Speaker 3: I was just spending more than I was bringing in and I needed to correct a little bit. But I'm good, I trust me. I'm absolutely fine. I'm never working again. Still, I have a blessed life. I was just getting a little crazy.
Speaker 2: What's he doing now?
Speaker 3: Getting fat on a beach somewhere? I'm sure, yeah, I don't know, Yes, done his account.
Speaker 6: Shuld have just put some money aside and told him to do what.
Speaker 2: Don't touch this? All right, you're changing the comeback? Yeah, very little time thought, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 8: Alrighty, he's like the Mavericks last night. He's down by thirty and it's only down by eight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, then we know what happened after that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you still lose. Celtics roll. The MAVs are up one to Oh you got hockey. We gotta wait till Saturday. Todd was complaining there's no hockey tomorrow night, and I said, well, isn't.
Speaker 6: No hockey tonight? Hockey tomorrow night?
Speaker 11: I was why I wanted Game one to start tonight with the hockey there's no basketball or hockey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so no, no hockey Friday night. And I said, well, Friday is date night. Usually that's where you put TV shows that are going to get canceled. And you put sports on Friday night, that's not a good sign for the sport. It's Saturday, you don't have hockey. I guess, yes, marm. I mean it doesn't that sound right that you don't put something on Friday night unless you're the NFL. Doesn't matter what. But I think Friday is date night, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paul, College football is bumping up their Friday night schedule this upcoming season, supposedly with Fox other places. There's gould be a lot of Friday night football.
Speaker 2: But I didn't think they could do this because of the agreement with high school football.
Speaker 5: Itway was like an agreement that had no paperwork. It was like a gentleman I'm serious. It was a little bit of an antitrust thing.
Speaker 2: Well, we found out with college football that you can have paper and it still doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: You need gentlemen for a gentleman's agreement.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the Stanley Cup final will be on Saturday, and then Game two is going to be on Sunday with these Celtics and the MAVs. That's Sunday, Is that right? Okay? People can't hear your heads nod.
Speaker 5: When you're not sure you not.
Speaker 6: The Sunday game two, Saturday game one night.
Speaker 2: How about we take a break here, let's finish up strong. Here, we got forty come on, now, come on, come on, let's go.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll take a break back after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 12: Hey gang, this is Jay Glazer, host of Unbreakable, a mental wealth podcast, and every week we will have on leaders from sports entertainment like Sean McVay, Lindsey Vaughn, Michael phelf, David Spade, Got Fiemi, and also those who can help us in between the ears, anyone from a therapist to someone.
Speaker 7: Like Ed Milett for John Gordon.
Speaker 12: We've all been through some sort of adversity to get to the top.
Speaker 6: We've all used different tools.
Speaker 12: Listen to Unbreakable with Jay Glazer and Mental Wealth podcast on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get podcasts.
Speaker 2: Marved has a T shirt on that is I was twenty two years old, thirty two years old, thirty two years old. Oh that was ninety two. Wow, you know it's so weird. I just saw somebody posted this the other day. It's so true.
Speaker 3: When if I say, oh, yeah, that was like thirty years ago. In my head, what I mean is nineteen seventy. Yes, that that was like thirty years ago. That thirty years ago.
Speaker 2: To me means nineteen seventy for some reason.
Speaker 3: I don't know why. I can't explain it, but oh yeah, like thirty years ago. It's like, what is that the seventies?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Nope, yeah, nope, seventies is fifty years ago. Oh it's just wild blood. How does that happen? I don't know. I don't know. You know when you're like, oh, hey, it's like twenty five years ago. What was that the nineteen eighty Yeah, eighty two. No, No, that would have been ninety nine. Yeah. Uh. George in Texas, Good morning, George. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Probably Dan, I got a meat Friday question. Okay, with your estate planning being done, who's who's going to get those triggers.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know. I'll probably just leave it open to the dan Nets in the back room. You know, I would probably say the backroom guys would get first DIBs on that. Tyler, since he's the head cook around here, he'd get first DIBs there, maybe the big german and then you know the dan Nets. You know, most everybody has a trigger here now, you know, I don't know how old they are, but for the most part, I just got me a timberline XL. I couldn't resist, but uh, I'd probably leave those to the back room guys. Nick and Florida. Hi, Nick, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Hey? Dan? Next foot? And uh, one thing quick, Chrissy. I would be careful about the taking shots at mc hammer. Do a little bit of reading about him, and apparently his street cred is uh no joke. Maybe look into that.
Speaker 6: I actually liked them Hammer, but I couldn't resist about they can't touch the bank account, Jo.
Speaker 2: I don't think mc hammer is going to go out of his way to uh come after.
Speaker 6: Todd Fritzy from the Dan Patrick Jose say bankrupt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said I don't have any hits. You said he doesn't hit. You said, how can you have a concert?
Speaker 11: I do think it would be hard for him to do like a two hour concert unless he did the long version of.
Speaker 7: His five songs.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 2: Now I'm hoping mc hammer comes after you.
Speaker 11: Just look at Marvin shirt. If he turns around, you'll see what does There was other groups after being.
Speaker 2: Jim in Ohio, Jim, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 11: Dan?
Speaker 3: Dan?
Speaker 9: Hey Dan? At what point did you go from being called Danny to Dan?
Speaker 2: I was never called Danny, only by my mom.
Speaker 11: That was it.
Speaker 1: I was just Dan.
Speaker 2: But Fritzy wanted to know, you know, Danny or for some reason you said damn on for Dan Hurley. It feels like if you're the Laker coach now you're going to be Dan Hurley as opposed to Danny Hurley at Connecticut because it sound like.
Speaker 11: A kid on the the street corner with your buddies. You know, I'm this is serious. I'm the Lakers coach. I'm Dan Hurley.
Speaker 2: Yes, mar Sandler, Adam Sandler calls you Danny also, yeah he does. Yeah, that's right, Hey Danny. I watched uncut Gems again. How did how did Sandler not get nominated?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He was great in that thing. He really was.
Speaker 3: He was fantastic. If it's another actor in that movie, they probably get nominated.
Speaker 7: If it's Jeff Bridges, for sure a triumph.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, sand Man, they would be saying things like, I just want to thank you for having the courage to play this part.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, mar.
Speaker 8: Uncut Jams is one of those movies where it's a good movie, but I didn't enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense, Well, it's uncomfortable. Yeah, it's uncomfortable, but it's because Sandler is is. It's a frenetic pace throughout with him. Everything there's something going on. There's like five different problems, potential problems, storylines, wife, girlfriend, Kevin Garnett, people wanting to rob him, beat him up, kill him. You know, it's all going on at the same time. It doesn't ease up. Jack in Michigan, Hi Jack, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 10: Good morning, Dan? Hi Jack, I've got The future of Dan Hurley is rather obvious. I think he will go to the Lakers. He'll take the money coach for about three years and either get fired or quit because of burnout. Then you will probably take a little time off to decompress, and then I think he's going to look for a job in the media, preferably something on the East Coast where he's from. And lo and behold, he's going to opening and there will be a seamless transition from The Dan Patrick Show to the Dan Hurley Show.
Speaker 2: Hey, if he wants to suffer burnout, come on and take this job three days, three hours a day, live, five days a week, dealing with these guys. He doesn't want that. He'd rather deal with Nil and the transfer portal than this eight seven seven three DP show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, twitter handle at dp show A lot of reaction from Geno Orima yesterday, and rightfully so, since out of nowhere he brings up to Danny Hurley that he can win a couple of championships with the Lakers. Okay, who believes that he said that to Hurley and he'd had no prior knowledge of Hurley in the Lakers Seatan, do you believe that Gino said that and had no prior knowledge that Hurley and the Lakers were interested? I mean, come on, I'm going to say that you don't think you think he did not? So if this, if we remove certain elements of this. And we were and we were talking about two other people, and one person was like, I had no idea. One of the very first things that we would say is, come on, they have the same agent.
Speaker 7: Of course he knows.
Speaker 2: Well, that's where I put one in one together that you you're in the in the same building and you have the same agent. I get some point, does your agent go, hey, you know, Danny's got a decision coming up here. Yeah, you might be able to be a sounding board.
Speaker 9: Well, what is it.
Speaker 2: Between us the Laker job?
Speaker 7: The Laker job.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna see him tonight. You know, I'll say something to him without acting like I know anything. Yeah. See, you know what dudes love more than like most things in life. I called it.
Speaker 3: It's like one of the most motivating factors in a lot of dude's lives.
Speaker 2: Is I called it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: I had it called it and Gino basically took a you know the day before I was I didn't even know, but I just said that.
Speaker 3: I was like out of nowhere, I swear, I said, yeah, the Lakers, all right, that's a that's a when this breaks me, Like, yeah, I called it.
Speaker 2: It's like when I said oj Mayo, he is gonna be the next Kobe Bryant called it. Quote it called it. Hey, he still might be. You know, he's still playing I think overseas, isn't he? Yes Tome I like.
Speaker 6: When Gino said, I'm not sure what Hurley is doing. I'll just go down the hall, yeah, side of the walls.
Speaker 2: Just walk down there and say, Danny, are you interested in the Lakers? It's like, well, I don't know about that. And then he was talking about Caitlyn Clark. There's so much pressure on her, and he had a real problem that people were delusional with the w NBA because you know, let's face it, most of the people who were having opinions on this probably don't watch the w NBA, but they are now with Caitlin Clark. And I think that's what Gino is saying. Hey, Diana TROSSI was telling you you're in for rude awakening, and she has been. You know, she's she's not able to play the way she did in college. There are a lot of guys in college when they get to the pros who can't play that way. Now the question is how does she react to this in the off season. That will be the difference. Still a great shooter, still a great passer, it's just harder for her to make the passes and make those shots. By the way, if you want to see the best player in the WNBA, tune in to the Las Vegas Aces. Asia Wilson is the best player in the WNBA. Now, there's some really good players. She is very, very smooth for somebody who is that big. She is athletic, and that's a great team. The Aces are exactly that plum on that team. Yeah, I know, I know, yeah, set and you had something you did. Appreciate that Coaches like you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she getting fouled hard, absolutely, but nobody's looking at her body type. She's too small to be playing right now. She hasn't she's too light, she's too her body's not built for this game yet, and you have to give her time to get up to that. But that's partially why. You know, when she gets runs into a hard screen, it's not because they're being so dirty, it's because this is what it is at this level, and she's too small.
Speaker 2: Well, everybody's now asking the WNBA players about the physicality, and they're looking at these people who were asking these questions like, uh, if you watched in the last ten fifteen years, it is physical. But I think what Gino was saying is we should have realistic expectations for Caitlin Clark, that she's not coming in and going to dominate. But I still thought that she would be a little better than what she is. She hasn't shot a good percentage, she leads the league in turnovers by a lot, and she's getting knocked around. Now I'm not surprised at that. You know that they were going to be physical with her. I thought that her range, that she would have some separation, she would get some separation. She's not even getting that. But Gina was just saying, look, he's with the wrong team, and there's the wrong expectations for it's it's being disrespectful to the WNBA. And he's right about that. But leave it to the men who have screwed this up, because now we want to be the ones that tell you, hey, I know what's going on in the w and you know we we don't unless you've watched and understand we watched her in college. Therefore you go, man, she's going to dominate the WNBA without watching the WNBA and now you are and you're like, wait a minute, they're being rough on her. Yes, yes, but not every play is like Kennedy Carter, where you know she hip checks her. There's other ones that are physical. And look at the play with Angel Reese when she gets knocked to the ground against the Connecticut Son. It's a dirty play. Nobody's talking about that. Yes, Mark, can you measure that was Caitlin Clark took goodness? Oh my goodness.
Speaker 8: Also, Asia Wilson is averaging twenty seven point nine point it's in twelve rebounds.
Speaker 2: But she is just really smooth athletically. Yeah, she's a really great player.
Speaker 7: Yeah. She's not like a big stiff either. I mean she can move. Yeah, great jumper, very like Kevin garnettish.
Speaker 2: Who okay, uh. Look at the games this weekend. You got the Dodgers at the Yankees. Man, that's fun. That's great. I love that. That's a lot of fun. And I was wondering the Yankees are forty five and nineteen. The Dodgers are thirty nine and twenty five, So the combined record is eighty four and forty four. That's the best combined record for an interleague series with the first sixty games into a season since the Braves and the Mariners in two thousand and three. Steat of the Day stat of the day, best stead of the day, stat of the day? Here comes, Here comes that?
Speaker 7: What stat of the day?
Speaker 2: Stat of the day? Brought to you by Panani America, the official trading cards of the program. Will the White Sox losing streak continue? Here is how it sounded as they closed out their fourteenth consecutive loss.
Speaker 4: Swinging a pop fly out in the right This should do it. Ref Snyder makes a catch.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 4: The White Sox have set a new single season club mark. They've lost fourteen straight.
Speaker 14: Ouch.
Speaker 2: They are by far and away the worst team in baseball. So the Dodgers and Yankees, how about could be? Is that a if you were to bet right now? Is Dodgers Yankees the World Series?
Speaker 13: Sure?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean they have to be the odds on, I would think.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: How about the Cricket World World Cup India versus Pakistan? Well, wait, Team USA just beat Pakistan. Are we good at cricket? I don't know. Are we good at cricket?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 2: Is this something that we would know? But you the US plays India.
Speaker 3: Right, that's they're essentially the Alabama football the cricket world, and Australia them into a top four playoff spot anytime.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So I think India plays Pakistan and then the US is set to play India after that as next India plays Pakistan on Sunday and then then next Wednesday it's the US versus India. Yeah, because I know cricket.
Speaker 11: And India's in trouble because Pakistan is now all upset about losing the team USA.
Speaker 6: So now they're going to take it out in India for sure.
Speaker 7: Thank you Todd.
Speaker 2: Team USA versus Colombia and Stronker, let's go. Okay, there's a big one Dad. It's a friendly, but there's a big one.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, don't underestimate Columbia. Columbia beats Spain and Spain is stacked. Spain is stacked. You have the Memorial Golf Tournament. Scotti, Scheffler's in there, Rory MACROI that'll be a that's Jack's place in Columbus. Xander Schaffley is there, colin Morikawa. French Open continues on NBC and Peacock although no Rafa, no Joker, No Federer, you're going to have first time winner.
Speaker 3: Did a massive era of ennis just end without not much specially without much notice fanfare.
Speaker 2: Uh Djokovic, Yes, Djokovic needing knee surgery. But I don't know if that. I don't think he's done. Rafa feels like he's done. Fetter he's done. It's been a while. Yes, yeah, he's not coming back. Rafa, I think, wants to try to play in the Olympics, and Joker wants to play in the Olympics. But like the the Olympics is really really important to tennis players not from the United States. It's really important to Rafa and Uh and Joker to win. And Raffa has already won. Yes, Mark, is that kind of like basketball?
Speaker 8: Everybody else outside of the US really cares about winning the Olympic gold medal?
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it's just something that the US players do.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, I think, so representing your country what it means. And then you know, certainly to beat the United States at their game is important. Let's see Tilly and Bloomington, hike till welcome back.
Speaker 9: Dan, thanks a bunch as always, my man.
Speaker 2: Well by the way, sliding into the weekend brought to you by our partners at King Sawaiian. They want you to get together with family and friends and enjoy the food and you can slider Sunday every Sunday.
Speaker 9: All right, Tilly, I haven't said that I need to buy some Kings Hawaiian and get some brisket. I'll tell you that much. Hey, wanted to say a couple of things. I want to echo Buddha on his call earlier. I can't pull off the pipes like he's got, but I want to echo him with giving you praise for your geno interview and let you know you knock that out of the park like usual with him, Barkley, Reggie, all of them.
Speaker 10: You just always you always.
Speaker 9: Do what it's great and wanted to thank you for that. And on Dan Hurley, I just want to say, Connecticut fans, I'm rooting for you because in my mind, keeping somebody like Dan Hurley a coaching coach or a coach that he is, keeping him in the college game is much better for the game in particular, and much better for fans overall.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Tilly, And once again, my job is to ask questions the person who's answering them. If they're willing to answer and answer honestly, then you can get a really good interview. Gina Oriema answered the questions. He had things he wanted to get off his chest, and uh I took advantage of that. Well, take a break. If you're watching on peacock, if you've ever wondered about a Luther Burger, that's donut Burgers on National Donut Day, we'll have that on display for you. More phone calls, close up shop what we learned this day in sports history.
Speaker 1: Right after this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern, six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 7: Well, since I was a time that bar.
Speaker 2: Last goll for phone calls. What we learned, what's in store tomorrow? The luther Burgers are pretty good and on their donuts uh and burgers, so uh, I don't know. Let me ask you, guys, Todd, what do you think of the luther Burgers?
Speaker 4: I liked it.
Speaker 6: It's just the bungs a little greasy because it's a donut. They're not a bunch, so my fingers are little seating.
Speaker 2: What about you?
Speaker 7: Very good.
Speaker 2: Okay, Marv, way better than I thought. All right, all the recipes at trigger dot com. By the way, we're supposed to get waffle fly flies waffle fries, and I didn't see any out there. Little uh we got ripped off. Yeah, I don't know where Tyler. Tyler was supposed to get us waffle fries.
Speaker 7: He opened up like a bag of Frito's and put in a bowl and call that lunch.
Speaker 6: That's not nice. What is It's not nice? I love the guy, but there's no waffle fries there.
Speaker 2: Do you think you're funny today, don't you? Dude is rolling today? Oh yeah, Uh, he's not funny, but he's rolling today.
Speaker 7: I can't make the joke about you know, like, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: No no no. I don't want to. We're not doing that kind of humor.
Speaker 6: There's no place with them.
Speaker 2: Bud in Knoxville, Hey Bud, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Hey Dan? First time caller five eleven?
Speaker 14: Thank you, sir. Hey, I saw Marvin's T shirt there. That brought back a lot of memories of nineteen ninety two. The mc hammer too had rolled into Thompson Balling Arena here in Noxville, Tennessee, and uh, it was the craziest thing in the world. They had a group called Joe Suit. I hadn't heard of him at that point. And then of course boys to men and they were like crooners. And then you had mc hammer out of darkness, come out of this bubble deal and he had thirty eight dancers on stage. Weave that just went into It was amazing. The crowd nuts. Nobody ever sat down on the whole concert. I mean, it was just it was fabulous.
Speaker 2: Well thank you, Bud.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Marvin said that mc hammer came on stage and probably had forty women out there dancing with him.
Speaker 7: It was crazy.
Speaker 8: I mean he's like, everybody from Oakland, come on, we're going on tour, and they all got on stage. I mean it was a show from the beginning to the end. He had more than five songs. Fritzie Yes, yes, see, dude got a lot of people of paycheck.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's hell. Yeah Hammer, well done. Uh. Seamus in the DC area, Hi Seamus, Hi.
Speaker 9: Man, I'm Samus in the DC area.
Speaker 13: I'm four foot nine and ninety three pounds.
Speaker 9: I want to know how Christopher Puzzingish will keep his energy, will keep his energy.
Speaker 14: Level up for the next the rest of the series.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Seamus. I think Dad might have given you a little help there, that's all right. I think the number of days in between. So you had a game last night, he played twenty one minutes. Your next game will be on Sunday. I'm assuming he should be pretty good, you know, but not playing for forty days, you know, that's a big deal. And now you're playing in the NBA finals. That was what was pretty remarkable about how he played last night. And he was aggressive at both ends. Yes, that was like almost insulting. Were just cruel to the Mavericks.
Speaker 3: Christophs Perzingis has one of the worst shots I think I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: It is a line drive.
Speaker 3: He does this weird leg first flailout thing, and you're like, and this dude is draining one after the other.
Speaker 2: You're like, are you this is all right?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: This is stupid? Yes, Ton.
Speaker 11: What was even more remarkable that it was Christopher Perzingis that did that and not christophs Porzias.
Speaker 6: Does that mean dumn it so not like you said, Christopher the kid god. It was cute though, he's got a cute voice.
Speaker 2: No, but what are we doing tonight?
Speaker 10: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: You don't want to be sent into the weekend with somebody criticizing you, and then you've been doing that to everybody today.
Speaker 6: How come they can't stop? Christopher porzingis all those points giving you my opinion? Like I'm supposed to.
Speaker 2: I hope after having that that bean dip, that you have a rough ride on the way home.
Speaker 7: Okay, Luther, And I think I'm gonna lose that.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be there's gonna be a gas station where nobody's gonna want to go in after you go in fourth round, Luther, Burger's funny.
Speaker 9: Home.
Speaker 2: You got an hour drive and the clock is chicking on your body, full belly because you just had the Buffalo chicken dip.
Speaker 6: There's a Sonoco in Wall Fritty, keep going driving by.
Speaker 7: Don't stop here.
Speaker 2: Oh he's coming in again. Yeah, all of a sudden, they hide, hide that bathroom key. Oh no, it's that guy again.
Speaker 7: Yeah, rests wanted by a drink?
Speaker 2: Fine, Tommy, it's that guy again around.
Speaker 7: Do not let him in. How many Gatoris has he had to buy?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah to make it? Do you just use the rest?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You can you gotta buy something?
Speaker 6: You gotta buy like some hot dog or slice a pizza there.
Speaker 2: And then they give me the key and the key has a piece of wood attached to it. That's like a Little League bat.
Speaker 6: It's like a brick or something. You can't steal that.
Speaker 2: To Fred and san Antonio. Hi, Fred, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 9: How you guys doing?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 9: So six foot extra large, two twenty I have I have a right time for you guys. Done that edition? Oh right? And then a T shirt idea afterwards, will go with a foolish, faulty, foolish, faulty.
Speaker 2: Todd, foolish and faulty, I don't.
Speaker 9: Know, fitzy, fritzy, and they will go We'll go with a T shirt idea afterwards. Because Todd wants to be so celebrated, we'll go ahead and make him wear a not relegated T shirt every Friday.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yeah, celebrated, not relegated. Yeah, we logate.
Speaker 7: It's a relegation, relegation to last throughout the year.
Speaker 2: This day in sports history. You know I didn't mention D Day. It's now eighty years and having gone over to the different sites there with d Day. If you get an opportunity and you go over to France and you're able to visit Normandy, it is wonderful. You go to the US Cemetery, it is very, very very moving, but the people there, there's so much to see and you realize exactly well, at least the best you can of what they were up against when they storm the beaches. My goodness, very very power. This day in sports history, the New York Mets on this day in nineteen sixty six took Steve Chilcott and you say, well, well, they passed on Reggie Jackson. Oh, that was the first overall pick of the draft. Bjorn borg one is eleventh and final Grand Slam title, beating a von Lendel in the French Open, and Bryce Harper was taken by the Nationals number one overall in twenty ten. Todd, what did you learn on today's program?
Speaker 11: Marvin's mom thankfully found his adult excel concerts here from the MC hammer tool Legit to quit Tour.
Speaker 2: It's awesome thirty two years ago. That's right, you were husky back then. Seaton. Bryce Scalabrini doesn't think the Lakers' job is actually a good job.
Speaker 7: No I know Marvin Scout thinks Hurly can pick his NBA job.
Speaker 2: Todd, what did I learn today?
Speaker 11: Dave mcmadamond fields Dan Harley would be stepping into a good basketball situation with the Lakers.
Speaker 2: How about you slide into the weekend with King Sawaian. They want you to get together with family and friends and food and enjoy the weekend by making every Sunday a slider Sunday. Thanks for putting up with us today, including Fritzi, especially Fritzie. Hope you have a great weekend. We look forward to talking to you on Monday.