Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick Shot screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now. Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And it is a Monday high noon here in the SWBC podcast studio. It's a new week, a better week than last week, a better week than the week before. And this is Mickshots, Bill Jones with Mickey Spagnola. Everson Walls is on assignment. I'm not sure what assignment. He's on on assignment.
Speaker 4: Somewhere somewhere in the United States.
Speaker 3: In fact, he's going to be on assignment the next few days. And in the meantime we carry on. Come back from the bye week, and we're not the only one too. Came back from the bye week. Players are in the building.
Speaker 4: They were on the field, on the field doing a lot of work, doing a lot of running.
Speaker 3: Got to make sure what kind of condition they're in after their long week off.
Speaker 4: Can't take any chances with soft tissue.
Speaker 3: In that's right. My experience has been that it can be a dangerous day as far as the Monday after a bye.
Speaker 4: Week, you don't know what these guys did for seven days.
Speaker 3: So we want to make sure and we'll probably ramp it up more so come Wednesday. That's good, Bill, That's that's just been my experience in the league.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: So how was your weekend? As we are now being joined by Innate in fill, let's see Nate in Frisco gets settled in here.
Speaker 4: I wonder how his weekend was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very good.
Speaker 5: I never can lose baby on a bye week. I know how y'all guys doing.
Speaker 3: I'm doing what exact man?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Wait, yeah, I'm going I even won on a bye week.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did kind of good. I know you. He pulled that game out to be to be just upset the whole game, and then oh we won.
Speaker 4: I wasn't upset. When you lose your quarterback for two and a half quarters, chances are you're not going to do well.
Speaker 2: Shoot man.
Speaker 4: And then he rose from almost dead I think.
Speaker 3: So he came back and played in the game. We're talking about Missouri football and they were playing Roburn. Yeah, a team that Oklahoma beat.
Speaker 4: Imagine that you don't have your starter and it's seventeen to six when he returns and drives him eighty yards for a touchdown and ninety five.
Speaker 3: So you're willing to say that it's his name Brady Cook.
Speaker 4: Braddy Cook.
Speaker 3: He's a draftable player.
Speaker 4: I don't know that he is, but he doesn't have to buy a beer in Colombia all week. I guarantee you that after they took him across the street for the MRI, had to take an MRI during the game.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know how long they got the results back during.
Speaker 4: And they got the results back.
Speaker 5: And I just go to show you that we pay a whole lot of extra money and when we can get MRI and get it done that quickly, well, when.
Speaker 4: The university hospitals right across the street, you can probably pull Hey, this is about a football game. Do this now and read it.
Speaker 3: Yes, there's enough time left of this game we can salvage today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got back for the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: The other amazing thing is when he tried to work out, it wasn't working very well, and they told him we can do one more thing. Not sure what they did, but.
Speaker 3: They did it.
Speaker 4: They did it all right.
Speaker 3: Watch any NFL football on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I just listened to it. I didn't really.
Speaker 3: Want to drive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know, I was all but he make the boots nakata and then I.
Speaker 2: Was up there. Yeah. I just drive around, have fun of me.
Speaker 5: Listen to red Zone, listen to college y'all, little field sports.
Speaker 2: That's not everything.
Speaker 3: Watching on the elliptical, that's what I'm doing. I was listening to Greg Papa in the San Francisco forty nine er network and on the elliptical yesterday afternoon, and he would described the Patrick Mahomes run that I'm watching on NFL Network right now. Thirty three years three yards, the longest of his career were even downfield. He's faking a pass and amazing.
Speaker 4: But so you know what happens on those things though, when the quarterbacks dancing down the sideline, everybody's scared to hit them because they're afraid they're going to hit him out.
Speaker 3: Of bounce penalty.
Speaker 2: Oh he's good at that.
Speaker 4: I know the best takes advantage.
Speaker 3: But he delivered a little punch there on the goal line, didn't he get Homes? Speaking of punches, wait wait, wait wait you chuckled at that. I do becall a little forearm shiver at the gold.
Speaker 5: That is him setting you up all game long, running down that side where you're scared to hit him. So now you forget you in the middle of the field where you can punish him. And he wound up just the mental psyche.
Speaker 2: That he plays with.
Speaker 5: That this kid is, this kid is uniquely special, which we all know. What what I've learned in every by week is simply this right here. Do you have the players to compete week in and week out. I've listened to most every show, a littbit of every show motion no motion, which is the best?
Speaker 2: Uh? This player, that.
Speaker 5: Player, scheme up, this, scheme up that, this, that, this, that and the other, and Brian brought us said it the best. How about just having good players.
Speaker 4: Are healthy ones?
Speaker 2: Yes, either way.
Speaker 5: They are the same, like Jimmy Johnson said, they are the same. Healthy players, good players and players that play hard every week. Those players I could use.
Speaker 2: And I just I'm listening.
Speaker 5: I'm listening to everybody with all these great ideas.
Speaker 2: At the end of the year.
Speaker 5: What you just said, Mickey, who has the most amount of good players who are healthy and on the field, Those are the guys. That's gonna make them run with four or five games left. Those are the guys that's gonna seal up the wildscard, the wildcard spots. Those are the guys that's gonna win their divisions and be in the conference game. So bottom line, get your players healthy.
Speaker 3: And let me say this, Mickey before you respond on the subject to Patrick Mahomes and the Cowboys and next opponent brock Perty in San Francisco. These were the passing numbers for Mahomes and Purdy yesterday, right here, go ahead. Mahomes was sixteen of twenty seven for one hundred and fifty four yards, no touchdowns, two interceptions. He was sacked twice due to serries for thirty.
Speaker 4: Nine yards and a touchdown an exception, and it got two two till you got us quarterback rating. And I do not on this forty four point.
Speaker 3: Four, okay. Brock thirty four point four, Okay, keep that in mind. Now. Brock Purty seventeen of thirty one for two twelve, no touchdowns, three interceptions, sacked once. He had eight carries for twenty seven yards and two touchdowns.
Speaker 4: What was the score thirty six points, twenty eight to eighteen.
Speaker 3: Kansas City beat San Francisco Fellas.
Speaker 5: The more you want to get away from hard and nos football, the more you come back to it. What this is the amazing thing that I watch. Uh, when you are playing good football and solid football, it ain't necessary that you score thirty points. It's necessary that you play great defense. It's necessary that you're your special teams do not put you in bad positions. Your punner helps you flip the field, your return team covers great. You don't have ridiculously long field goals I'm talking about. We have sat here and I remember the first two weeks of the season, we talked about, Man, they're kicking fifty plus yard is at a seventy yard clip.
Speaker 2: Well, that ain't happening. Now.
Speaker 5: As the season go on, you will see less and less of that because teams are understanding that kickers are great to win games at the end of games, are to get a few points rapped before the have. But these are not the guys that are gonna win games for you on a regular basis. Mahomes, what he did, his defense, what they did is what's gonna win you games.
Speaker 4: I think San Francisco was the tough team they.
Speaker 5: Are, But if you go back and look at the Kansas City Chiefs. They are winning because of their defense. They are winning. Look at their defense. They they probably points giving up points. They probably up in the top five and giving up People watch football different than me. I don't do fantasy football. I do points. I do points. That that tells me everything. If you're averaging thirty five points a game, that tells me number one, that you're a good scoring offense.
Speaker 2: Number two, your defense is suspect. But if you're.
Speaker 5: Scoring around twenty four points a game with a with a with a winning record, that tells me that your defense is nice, that you that you, that you that your special teams is okay, and that you're efficient offense.
Speaker 3: Well you're Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 4: It makes a difference, right if your top three wide receivers earn't in the game. Yeah, unless you Mahomes No San Francisco.
Speaker 5: See the thing about San Francisco. So the thing about San Francisco is they are a quarterback driven team that people don't want to give credit.
Speaker 2: Rock Purty is very efficient.
Speaker 4: But not when he has three receivers missing.
Speaker 3: Don't forget his running back and the running.
Speaker 2: Back running back, but it took all of that.
Speaker 5: Normally, if he has one or two guys missing, he's good enough to get over the hump.
Speaker 2: I just think it took all of that for him to be fishing eighteen points.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I it still comes down it's the great late. Well, he's not dead, but Galloway, Galloway.
Speaker 3: He's dead on because he's not on the beat. He's retired.
Speaker 5: We used to always hear him say this, and he's one of the first guy said it twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: Shot about a quarterback. It's all about it. It's all about the quarterback. Uh.
Speaker 5: And people said, so you brought pretty was a system quarterback.
Speaker 3: He ain't got And to your point, though, Mickey, what does mahomes have a wide receiver?
Speaker 2: That is alape That is something different.
Speaker 4: But look at what their defense did.
Speaker 2: Hell yes, And that's what I'm saying when.
Speaker 3: You say what they what they don't have a wide receiver? I mean that's that's.
Speaker 4: Well, and let's let's just move forward. They're all going to be back this week because Ayuk looks like he tore his a cl right, he's probably out.
Speaker 3: Deebo should be back, he was sick.
Speaker 4: Juwan Jennings has been out and they were playing with some guy named Piersoll Cowings.
Speaker 3: And is Ricky Piersoll who was a first round draft pick, but he played a shot he was that was his first kid shot in the chest.
Speaker 5: Let's bring it now. Let's bring it back round to the Cowboys. All right, let's bring it back round to the Cowboys. The same thing that you just told me about the forty nine ers is the same way. Even though when we get our guys back, a whole lot won't change, but enough will change. That is why when we beat Pittsburgh and we were so happy, we was excited. But what you're asking, guys is you're asking backups.
Speaker 2: I mean, true third.
Speaker 5: Fourtheen practice to play weekend and week out, top notch football. It's not going to happen. That's what happened to Dallas when Detroit came in here.
Speaker 4: Are you sure?
Speaker 5: When Detroit came in here, I know, y'are. I mean, we just can't tell you keep the same demeanor. When Detroit came here with that offensive line, I knew, everybody knew. We just wondered how bad you cannot be. Forgive me over there, y'all, you cannot line up parenteral third teamers and practice squad guys against the elite offense, elite defense.
Speaker 2: That's what happened to the.
Speaker 5: Forty nine ers D wide receivers like, oh, this ain't the practice squad guys I'm going against. These are guys that's bringing eat and nobody can block Chris Jones.
Speaker 2: Nobody can block him.
Speaker 3: So, speaking of Kansas City's defense, their offense, to your point, has scored this season, starting with the first game of the year against the Ravens. These are all victories. Their offense scored twenty seven, twenty six, twenty two, seventeen, twenty six, and twenty eight points.
Speaker 5: If you score thirty or more points, that tells me two things. You got a sorry defense, and you got elite offense, and your special teams can be anywhere. But if you average twenty seven or less, you win it. I mean, you got a nice defense, good specialties. What if you're averaging twenty one twenty one points the game and winning, No, because you ain't winning.
Speaker 3: You're usually usually you're not with that.
Speaker 5: Now you now you now you're that guy that's kicking these fifty yard field goals and you know, uh so the Cowboys, Yeah, you're in the middle of the road, right, and that's who we are.
Speaker 2: But I listen, I like to listen.
Speaker 3: Have you seen have you seen mahomes stats for the season. They're not pretty, nook, listen yet they're not. Now he's completing sixty eight percents passes for thirteen hundred and eighty nine yards. He has six touchdowns and eight interceptions.
Speaker 2: They're not pretty.
Speaker 3: Six passing touchdowns, six passing touchdowns, eight interceptions.
Speaker 2: I'm in the Russian touchdowns.
Speaker 3: He himself has one rushing touchdown.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well don't because Kareem.
Speaker 2: But it's a punch to them.
Speaker 4: But they're the only undefeated team left.
Speaker 2: Because they're playing great team.
Speaker 5: The thing that's hurting the Cowboys is, I've heard what everybody said.
Speaker 3: They have nine rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 5: I've heard team, I've heard what everybody said, and I've listened to everybody. And the only problem the Cowboys have is their players has to learn how to play sixty.
Speaker 2: Minutes of full, hard nose football.
Speaker 5: And once they learn that, if they can learn that, they will be successful. If they can play sixty minutes of hard nose, I don't care what happens out on this field.
Speaker 2: We're gonna win this game. They will look and be better. I just believe that.
Speaker 4: Well, we can start with getting some of your top four defensesive ends but back on the field. That would help. It would help. If middle linebacker is back on the field, it would. It would help. If your second wide receivers back on the field.
Speaker 2: It would.
Speaker 3: That's not happening this week, though, I don't think so. He's on ir the second wide receiver.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the second wide receiver is not back. But I think Kendricks has got a chance. I think Micah has a chance. I think Dolan Bland has a chance.
Speaker 5: Please give him a snap count. Our corners are based on one thing. The way they like to play in the way they allowed to play is two different ways. Now, they're not those heat seeking missiles that we saw in the past. I don't think Zim likes that erradic type of ball playing. I mean, if you can get a interception he kind of wanted to be from high he like it to be.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: Everything is based on can we get a pass rush? That is how our corners are all at their best, and they have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the bottom line is this right here, it's still gonna come down to six guys, you know, the two tackles, the two defensive ends. That's four, and then the two guys that rotate in at the tackles and the defensive end. These guys gotta be dominant. And then until we get dominant, we're gonna see bad games.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: When we come back here on mix shots, one of my observations at halftime of the early games yesterday as it relates to running the football in this league and how it relates to the Cowboys when mix Shots continues in a moment.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages for the pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 7: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you.
Speaker 4: Wincot slides for the first.
Speaker 7: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 3: Throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to eat my beer hand cramp and cold. That's where Yetti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on Yetti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 4: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Light is brewed to be less feeling.
Speaker 9: What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 9: Look, I'm just reading the script.
Speaker 3: It says less filling.
Speaker 2: That's not what my script says.
Speaker 4: Hell mindset.
Speaker 10: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Middle Light is in fact less filling and taste great. I'm mishine legal guy. Celebrate responsibly. Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer aty six thousands to be point two grams carvers for twelve bounces, fewer cowsand cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 2: Demiced shots.
Speaker 4: Well, Nate, did you know? The Cowboys take on the forty nine Ers in Santa Clara on Sunday, October twenty seventh, So we're hosting another free watch party presented by seven to eleven. Join us at the Miller Lighthouse at AT and T Stadium to watch the game with Cowboys Nation Q Thunderstuck because the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders are performing and Rowdy will be there too watch the game, Grab a slurpy and cheer loud. Get your free tickets at Dallascowboys dot com slash Watch party.
Speaker 3: What are we queuing again?
Speaker 4: Thunderstruck?
Speaker 3: Okay, not thunderstuck, but thunderstruck.
Speaker 4: There's an r that.
Speaker 3: All right. Did you watch, by the way, that is a Sunday night game? We got Sunday Night football this week Cowboys and the Niners. Shocking that they picked that game for Sunday night football. How about the fact that the Steelers were on Sunday Night Football two out of three weeks.
Speaker 4: Did you watch that?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I watched it?
Speaker 5: Takeaways sometime, I'm glad we played against fields.
Speaker 3: I am so is my takeaway?
Speaker 2: I just I was like, wow.
Speaker 5: And then we have hot Hot Smith at the defensive end. I'm like, whoa did we get blessed?
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 3: It hasn't been all bad news this year?
Speaker 4: Nah nah caught that break?
Speaker 5: Yes we did, player, and that just hammers home when I keep you either have the players that have the motors want to play like you don't, and when you don't, you make it come down to the quarterbacks, and normally the quarterbacks is what decide who wins the game. Don't don't sit down trying to figure out whether is it any cheeks in Nate's armor?
Speaker 2: No, it is no, it isn't act Texas.
Speaker 4: Something something to do with the offensive line, right everything. Could that kid those kids get sacked anymore in that game.
Speaker 2: Wait till the draft show.
Speaker 5: You wait to the draft show, and everything will be talking about except office.
Speaker 3: The Texas tackles.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell you something. Georgia needed that game, and they played like they.
Speaker 2: Played old school football.
Speaker 5: They just kept trying to run that rock and they and the tip tip balls that were just tip.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: Texas should have known they were in trouble about two thirty in the afternoon or two o'clock in the afternoon when they saw that Oklahoma was losing to South Carolina thirty two to three at a lifetime Wow, you in Texas Bedou thirty four to three, and it was thirty two to three at halftime. And then that underscored the fact you haven't played anybody yet, and they played somebody on Saturday night. And give credit to Texas how they came back in the yes, sir, And if they played again, it might be a different story.
Speaker 5: The thing that I think, and this is o U two and this is Texas, I think they are prepared. I think even though OU has got a different quarterback, a young kid.
Speaker 3: Well, they don't have an offensive line, but they are prepared.
Speaker 5: I think they are more prepared than people give them credit for the big for coming into the SEC. I really do uh the uh the games are gonna be like this the first year. But I promise you next year, I don't think Oklahoma are Texas. Uh well we'll well, Texas is doing okay, but I think Oklahoma will be much better next year. I really do, because now now you see, once you see, and once you feel, now you can improve all right.
Speaker 4: Backup quarterback though, right, well he's a starter.
Speaker 3: It's just young quarterback.
Speaker 2: Just young pi.
Speaker 5: They will have that offensive line problem next year. Again, promise you, yeah, they'll fix that problem.
Speaker 3: Transfer portal they will have.
Speaker 2: All you gotta do is go get one. You don't have to go get five.
Speaker 3: No they need five.
Speaker 4: No, No, can't pay for five.
Speaker 5: No us unless there are four seniors five seniors. Don't worry to anybody that's smart about this portal. Yep, unless you have a senior field team. Don't fill the portal with one year guys.
Speaker 4: That's right, go out and.
Speaker 3: Get you the Juco thing. It's like yes, in fact, that's the way it used to be in college.
Speaker 2: For that's right, Juco.
Speaker 3: Yes, you would get a guy who's a Juco offensive left tackle, thank you. Okay, that maybe didn't have the grades to get in the big school, but was recruited initially, and then he fills in and now you've got a national championship team.
Speaker 2: Yes, so that that is my thing. You know.
Speaker 5: I talked to Dion here earlier and about before when I got your text. I was just getting out the phone with Dan and I told him, I said, Dan, and next year you got to have a few young he said, We've learned because it takes too many games to get portal kids to start playing together.
Speaker 2: It's you you four core. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Is that like signing free agents?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's about like for signing free agents, is about like, you know, playing with third and four teams.
Speaker 4: Which we go ahead, you want here's here's yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay. It just occurred to me as I'm watching Uh. I was flipping back and forth between the Texans Packers game and Joe Mixon was going off, uh, and then you got Josh Jacobs for Green Bay. Oh yes, And then I'm flipping over to the Lions Vikings game, and even though Montgomery got hurt in the first half, Jamir Gibbs was going off, and then they got Aaron Jones who was going off, and so I just started at halftime of the early games, I went through and I found the teams that were in the lead. These were the rushing totals, the top rushers for the teams that were winning the early games. Yesterday, Okay, Philadelphia was up on the Giants fourteen to three, and Barkley had ten carries for seventy nine yards in a touchdown seven point nine yards of carrie. Seattle was beating Atlanta and Kenneth Walker had six carries for forty five yards in a touchdown seven point five yards of carrey. Detroit was leading Minnesota twenty one to ten. Jamiir Gibbs had eight carries for eighty four yards and two touchdowns. It's ten and a half yards of carrey. Houston was beating Green Bay nineteen to fourteen, and Joe Mixon had eleven carries for eighty yards and two touchdowns seven point four yards of carry. Tennessee was beating Buffalo and Ony Pollard was ten for sixty five or eleven for sixty five five point nine yards of carrie, and Miami was leading Indianapolis and Devon Chan was twelve for fifty nine five yards of carry. I went back and then looked at the Cowboys, and this is before now. In the case of the Cowboys, several of these games got out of hand in the second quarter. But the reason I was looking at halftime and not end of game totals is those teams got you're establishing. You're establishing your game plan in the first half of game, so you haven't strayed from it yet. All right, Cowboys were trailing in the Allions twenty seven to six at halftime. They had in total, they had eight carries for fourteen yards in the first half of that game. Pittsburgh game, Cowboys were leading six to three. In total, they had eight carries for twenty seven yards, so that's three and less than three and a half yards of carry. Giants game, they were winning fourteen to nine. First half of that game. Six carries, nineteen yards, three yards of carry. Baltimore game, they were trailings twenty one six nine carries twenty six yards, less than three yards of carry. Anyway, that's the last one, two, three, four, five four games.
Speaker 4: What happened to Cleveland?
Speaker 3: Cleveland, that's a great, great point. They were ahead twenty to three, fifteen carries seventy three yards in a touchdown and by the way, Zeke was the leading carrier eight carries thirty five yards in a touchdown in that game against Cleveland, against a team that was coming back with the number one defense in the league, first game of the year.
Speaker 4: So how do you fix that?
Speaker 3: Well, it looks to me like in some ways there's not enough carries there, right, Okay, but you got to fix the offensive line.
Speaker 4: Got to have first downs, to have carries and have more carry The offensive line's got a run block better. Yeah, you don't.
Speaker 5: You think the run blocking is I agree with one hundred percent. But the mentality of your head coach, which is your offensive coordinator, has to be that it had you know, you know, I promised myself, and you took me down this rabbit hole.
Speaker 2: I promised myself.
Speaker 5: I won't gonna come in and just go off about just better offensive line playing. If you don't want to run the ball, don't run it at all. Don't don't don't give me these petty numbers because you just don't.
Speaker 2: Want to run the ball. Dak is changing the play or whatever.
Speaker 5: You you you have to run. Your offensive line is not good enough for you not to try to run the ball. Because Dak is taking hit after hit after hit. Your line is falling apart. Men, you can see it just falling apart. Because the more times that quarter he turned around, I gotta pick my quarterback up because it's my man that then ran past.
Speaker 2: Me, all over me or through me. You gotta give me some help. You got it. And it can't be two tight.
Speaker 5: Ends and we chipping because that ain't heppy you got. You gotta have dead runs. And it's runs with no game, with no game.
Speaker 2: Just it's third.
Speaker 5: It's it's third and ten because we tried to run the first two Downs's third and ten. We try to run the first two downs. But guess what, I'd rather give Dak a third and ten than then a third and fifteen or third and twenty because these kids running back here just killing him.
Speaker 2: So thats just what I believe. That's just what I believe.
Speaker 5: You cannot leave these kids out here to get beat like that.
Speaker 2: You got a center that's.
Speaker 5: A third round pick. You got a left tackle that's a first round pick, but they're still inexperienced kids. You got to deteriorating right guard who slowly just his age is showing. Bless his heart, super guy, superman, but he's the tearing. Your right tackle has all the heart in the world, but not the ability. Your left guard is your best guy you got. But that's just one guy.
Speaker 4: But he had to play tackle. Yes, and he had another rookie for age or yes.
Speaker 2: Rookie bast is gonna be.
Speaker 4: All right, but he's got to get seasoned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, he's got to get seasoned. But he's gonna be all right.
Speaker 5: But the thing it is, now you have no continuity. Your guiding goes out. Now he's reinserted again. Uh, luckily, we're just moving our left tackle back down to guard. So that's gonna bring back some continuity for this team. But fellas understand we don't have a running game. But please listen to me, because I do not want to hear at the end of the year, well we should have just ran the ball more.
Speaker 4: No, here's what you're gonna hear. You know you're gonna hear draft the first round running back.
Speaker 2: Don't do that to me.
Speaker 4: Man, It already started, and I was the first question I had today.
Speaker 5: You know what I wanted Jamier Gibbs when he came out, and I think I was talking to Kyle who does the Draft show. Nobody talked about Jamie Gibbs. I loved him and I loved him like nobody talked about him. But the kid from Texas everybody talked about. I love him, not like I love Jammy kid working against him, but the problem line that get him with this offensive line in the positions.
Speaker 2: Now get him and what you.
Speaker 5: Have in about four weeks, Well we got We're gonna have to take all the kid from Texas out because he's beat up. Come on, man, come on without This is what I can prove to anybody. The teams that are winning, the teams that are with four and five wins, check their offensive lines out.
Speaker 2: They are healthy and they're good.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 4: And experience, Yes, that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: They're healthy and they're good.
Speaker 4: That's too simple.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but I'm going to get on the Draft Show so I can wreck the Draft Show.
Speaker 4: They're going to kick you off, yeah, because.
Speaker 5: All I'm asking every week is what what lineman? I'm not a good guy. We're not a good team right now, and I'm not a good guy because I'm not going to say, Ah, I'm not going to repeat said.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to repeat I'm not going to repeat it.
Speaker 3: Okay, and I won't either.
Speaker 2: But Troy said.
Speaker 4: For me to address those comments.
Speaker 3: All right, we continue with more mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor and combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yeti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help.
Speaker 2: You wincot slides with the first.
Speaker 7: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Perthpick throw my goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 2: You want to stay at.
Speaker 6: The Team Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 1: To shots.
Speaker 4: Hey, parents, get ready for a spoop tacular time at Little Stars presented by Nona on Wednesday, October thirtieth. This free Halloween themed event is perfect for your little pumpkins age five and under. Join us from ten am to twelve pm for fun activities, silly games, and lots of treats. Visit the Star District dot com for more information. Does Joe Buck have to read stuff about little pumpkins?
Speaker 2: You ain, Joe Buck, baby?
Speaker 3: I have Well, no one accuse you of being Joe Bud all right, what you had on your legal pad there, Mickey, Well, Mike McCarthy had press conference this morning and bright and early nine am.
Speaker 4: He had a lot to say about what they were going to do this week. He had a lot to say.
Speaker 3: He made the mistake of saying something that was a State of the Cowboys, and so now it's the State of the Cowboys address.
Speaker 4: State of the Cowboys addressed to the team. Right, we got.
Speaker 3: That, but that starts the state of the Cowboys questions from the media.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is the state of the Cowboys?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: He talked quite a bit about ball security. Do you realize they are minus six minus six five takeaways, eleven turnovers. That ties them for twenty eighth in the league at minus six only.
Speaker 3: Two teams or were they before the last game?
Speaker 4: They didn't get any minus one?
Speaker 3: Right, they were minus one before the last game, so one game made it minus.
Speaker 4: Ex Yeah, you're right, because the only two teams have more worse turnover differential than the Cowboy and three of those turnovers were at the end when the game basically decided, So sometimes that can But anyway, take care of the ball, he talked about. Somebody asked him if this game's gonna tilt the season, and his response was, this is an opportunity to get to four wins. So he avoided that the way he probably should have avoided the Troy Aikman question.
Speaker 3: By the way, Oh, you think he should have avoided the Troy.
Speaker 4: I think he should have just skirted right by it.
Speaker 2: What did he What was the answer to Detroit?
Speaker 3: He addressed it.
Speaker 4: That was the problem you want me to read it.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, I would really like to hear that from.
Speaker 4: You know what Troy said, right the Routes said for me to address those comments, I don't because they don't carry any weight with me. Because I watch all the tape, I get to go to the meetings, I'm at practice, I'm part of the games. I have a clear understanding of what and where, and Troy's statement in particular, I don't agree with the word selection, but there is definitely need for improvement and every position, not just one position that he commented on.
Speaker 3: It wasn't so much what he said in response to Troy's question to Troy's criticism last week, the fact that he addressed it means that we in the media will start playing Troy's criticism again. I tell you so. It gave legs again to what Troy said last week, and people ran it last week. Okay, Thursday, Friday, and now the weekend happens and it's over and done with. Well, the fact that he addressed it today and he addressed it, he addressed it fine, but he it'll recommend it, don't even touch it, but just say everybody's got their own opinion. We're going to work and getting ready for forty nine ers. Basically, pull a Belichick because what happens by addressing it is now what you like me. We'll go on our air tonight, we'll replay what Troy said, and now it'll get legs again.
Speaker 2: So tell me this.
Speaker 4: When he was talking about some of the difficulties on the offensive line, he said, we're facing line movements as soon as they get off the bus. So when the defensive line shifts, is that a tough thing to get used to if you're a young offensive lineman.
Speaker 5: And running back. When they run it, let's say the center, the guard, and the tackle, it's turning towards the demons event and a tackle okay, and when I turn, before I turn, safety come up to the line raped between the center and guard, so that takes the center off the turn.
Speaker 2: He got, he got that guy that's blitzing.
Speaker 5: Well, if you're running the game over there, and you're running the game between the tackle, the defensive end and the tackle, and that tackle goes out and that defensive end come around and that guard don't catch it, and you got a running back coming up.
Speaker 2: That running back gotta kid in. You see what I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, yeah, so what happens when you know how the defensive.
Speaker 5: And I'm telling you yet and no, it ain't shifting that's killing them.
Speaker 2: They can deal with the shifts.
Speaker 5: It's the late games, the tackles, the ends, the linebackers, the safety. It's the late movement that's killing these guys and the running back because they can't handle the games. I mean, if you, if you shift and you give me enough time to look at it, it's cool. But a late shift our game, that is what we're not picking up. And that has come from being in practice, practicing with some type of speed, not saying that you hit, but with some type of speed and look at it. Close to being live and run through these things. Because we used to do the same thing when we first started, when we had the Shuler system, we could.
Speaker 2: Never get it together.
Speaker 5: But when North came in and dumbing it down, now our practices was a little bit more sharper, a little bit more clear. And Daryl Johnson was a part of this, Our running backs was a part. Even Emmett would get into it sometimes, so okay, what if this happened, What if this happened? You got to ask questions and you got to ask the right questions and you got to have the.
Speaker 2: Plays that fit you know, these protections. You could say, man, I.
Speaker 5: Got this great route on running, I got this great combination of routes.
Speaker 2: I'm running.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 5: The first thing that our offensive coordinator would do say, well, we better go to the offensive line, coach, and see how we're gonna block this, because this is the look we'll have. And with this look, it's a possible game situation, possible blitz off the outside or pops.
Speaker 2: The blitz up the middle with this look.
Speaker 5: So if that is what coach talking about, they're not picking up the games or they're not picking up the late shifts.
Speaker 2: You do it early, we got you. You do it late, we don't have it.
Speaker 4: And that's how they got the one. I think it was Watt's yes, not Watt, Hutchinson's yes, sack. He looped inside yes, and the full back doubled yes.
Speaker 5: Double the guy, And that is one with a more experienced guy.
Speaker 2: Would have picked that up because he'd have been slow to go to it.
Speaker 5: You already see your guard turning boom, and you have to be quick about it with your eyes.
Speaker 2: Look not so much your feet. Be quick about it. He just didn't see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the thing that is hurting when you have a young offensive line, you can't afford the end injury because every rep is so paramount, you cannot afford the injury. So by our left tackle moving guard, left guard moving out of left tackle, putting bass in, by you not having experience a lot of experience with bass, harder picking up the you have a lot of experience with the center. And that's why it was so key to me. And if they do it next year, when you bring in a RAMS team, or you bring in any team that has a good defensive line or potential of a good defensive line, your offense in line got to be locked in.
Speaker 2: Can't nobody miss practice that day.
Speaker 5: If you're not seriously injured, you got to be in practice because this is some key and valuable work. You can't miss no preseason games. You know, like next year, if we go into preseason and we have a young right guard or they gotta play, how do you get the experience if you don't play.
Speaker 4: Right All right, that was good. So San Francisco moving towards this game.
Speaker 2: Just pretend me they three ride receivers.
Speaker 4: The gonna be there well, Shanahan said about Ayoug, we're worried that it's an ACL.
Speaker 2: I hope it's not a cl but don't play.
Speaker 4: Don't play just there no sitting rest. They they had already said that Joan Jennings was gonna be iffy. Someone pointed out, I was watching this guy was supposed to I don't know if he was like the website guy for the forty nine ers, but he said for McCaffrey, he was still ramping up right. And he also pointed out that they got to buy the following week, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So they're thinking, well, maybe get him ready and get this the tight ends still involved in his number one target. Can we cover him?
Speaker 5: We can because we're missing receivers, so we can. We can get him cover the thing that the thing that hurts that. Remember this at the end of the year. I don't want to hear why we didn't.
Speaker 2: Use Jake Ferguson. Is he heard? Is he beat up? What's wrong with Jake?
Speaker 4: If you want to use them more? Is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: He is coming off the field.
Speaker 2: He is one hundred all in. What is the issue? Mick? Come on, dig in. I mean that's that's my legal paths in America. Something about tight end Ferguson.
Speaker 3: Is to find out what's going on.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, well he's the second ever since tomorrow is the second leading team.
Speaker 3: Evers is not here tomorrow, Okay, assignment tomorrow and the next day.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I'll be here.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yes, I knew we'd get a commitment.
Speaker 4: He's got twenty five catches for for two and forty yards.
Speaker 3: I do need to look this up, Ferguson.
Speaker 4: They need to use them closer to the goal line.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, he should have He should have like thirty five to forty catches.
Speaker 4: After six games, because I'm serious.
Speaker 2: Because he can work in the middle of the field.
Speaker 5: I know he can be a late guy that can find your zones underneath. What we have to realize here as Cowboy fans. And I can't tell the coaches what to do. But what's wrong with Dincin and Duncan.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with Dincin and Duncan.
Speaker 3: Actually take what the defense gives you, right and sometime, by the way, on the goal line, a little out over here to toburt instead of throwing into the corner of the in Zona lamb. That takes away one of those I'm with you, I saw it. Okay, we got more to get to.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna have a commitment.
Speaker 3: We have a commitment from Nate. He's gonna be what's the deal with fus But you're, yeah, you're finding out what's the deal with Ferguson? And Nate's gonna be back here tomorrow for the next edition of Mix Shots.
Speaker 5: Go Go Yeah, Cowboys, Go Go Go.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.