Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Shoe Ketty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jettie and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Attention Walmart shoppers. Instead of rolling back prices, America's biggest retailer just announced they're raising them and they're blaming Trump's tariffs. How many more stories are going to have to follow Walmart's lead?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that story broke while we're on there yesterday. I should have mentioned it. I just wasn't in the.
Speaker 4: Mood, but probably should have been a big deal. Walmart saying they're going to raise prices because of tariffs. For one thing, they're the biggest retailer in the world. Like Jake said, there, lion, Lion, Jake Tapper.
Speaker 1: And I was just gonna say, the list of voices I can hear on our show that don't immediately sound me to what they're saying is shrinking. David Muir of ABC News, Please, I know if I need to know what time of day it wasn't he had a watch. I wouldn't ask him because I don't want to hear his stinking voice. And Jake Tapper, I'm sorry he says, sorry, Jake, the great Sherlock Holmes style of solver of mysteries who figured out that Biden was senile?
Speaker 4: Please more on that a.
Speaker 2: Little bit later.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what it is personal between Mark Alprin, who's got a new TV show that's on YouTube every night.
Speaker 2: It's on YouTube and somewhere else. It's really good.
Speaker 4: I mean it looks like a TV show. He's sitting there in a suit and tie with a TV storater background.
Speaker 2: Has guests.
Speaker 4: But man, he is killing Jake Tapper and then with receipts every single night.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll get into that while we're on it. Why the hell not? Why not? Uh?
Speaker 4: So, Tapper has got this book coming out next week right where he's gonna try to be the hero of the story and bring you all these behind the scenes details of what was going on with the cover up, and practically everybody's well not true. I was gonna say everybody's reaction, but no. The New York Times and The Washington Post and CNN's own media person have reviewed the book like, oh my god, Jake Tapper has uncovered some secrets that are oh wait till you hear this.
Speaker 1: Okay, why don't we just say everyone who's not guilty of precisely the same crimes as Jake Tapper have reacted this way to jack Jake Tapper's book.
Speaker 2: Right, And.
Speaker 4: So Jake Tapper, as we mentioned yesterday, I hired some pr firm when it became fairly obvious that some people are like, oh, give me a break. You can't set the fire, put out the fire, and then take credit for taking you know, putting out the fire and act like you didn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're just putting up with this.
Speaker 4: And so Mark Hauprin, whose main thing is as a news guy, I think he's got two things.
Speaker 2: Going for him.
Speaker 4: One, he got driven out of the industry when he got me tooed around what two thousand in twenty twenty one, somewhere in there. And I think a lot of people he's like, you didn't come to my defense, screw you. So I don't think he cares if he hurts any feelings here with Colin out.
Speaker 2: We're one of the first shows to have him back on.
Speaker 1: By the way, you know, I'm not sensing a lot of gratitude, but anyway.
Speaker 4: And the other end of it is he really is concerned about the state of media, and if people don't believe the media, we can't hold any presidents accountable.
Speaker 2: He said, you can't hold Trump accountable because he lost.
Speaker 4: All of your credibility with Biden, and you know, vice versa. So just the media can't do its job and we're doomed if the media can't hold either party accountable, which is obviously a problem. He regularly calls this, and he's absolutely correct, the biggest media failure in US history. It absolutely is. What would compare to pretending that the president is fine for all those years?
Speaker 2: Anyway? So I think we did.
Speaker 4: First of all, I can't just look at the list quickly, handsome that clip I sent you.
Speaker 2: To get Okay, here it is here, it is.
Speaker 4: I want you to play forty and let me set this up real quick. So back toward this was before the election. Wall Street Journal does a not even really strong piece about how Biden's brain doesn't work anymore, and it made such waves in.
Speaker 2: The world of media. The Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 4: Says the president isn't fit mental that he'd be to be in office, and he certainly to be president for another four years.
Speaker 1: I remember presenting it to the good folks on our show where we decided, yeah, this is good solid, a good solid accounting of that which all of us can see with our own eyes.
Speaker 2: But man, somebody serious pushback.
Speaker 4: That's when Joe Scarborough on MSNBC went nuts and said, hey, look at the camera a few if you don't believe this is the best version of Joe Biden. I mean people pushed back hard, including Jake Tapper, who had on various guests to counter the Wall Street Journal narrative and let them say their piece completely unchallenged on his showback at the time yesterday, he has the gall in trying to rewrite history to have these Wall Street Journal reporters on and called them heroes.
Speaker 2: Here it is clip forty. They're with me now.
Speaker 3: Two of the heroic reporters were covering this intensely during the Biden years. Any Lensky and Shavon Hughes. There they are with the Wall Street Journal. They reported in decline of Biden's mental acuity back in June of last year. The piece then quotes behind closed doors, Biden show signs of slipping participants in meetings. The eighty one year old president performed poorly at times. The White House said Biden is sharp and his critics are playing partisan politics unquote. This is not the first time you guys have been on. I said it last year before the election, and I'll say it again. The journalism you did was vital and the smear campaign by Democrats against you two is disgraceful.
Speaker 4: Which you participated in the smear campaign by Democrats against the Wall Street Journal reporters at the time, he helped along and again getting to the whole Mark Alprin thing his TV show last night.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's been dedicating so much time to this.
Speaker 4: He had a segment where the next day or the day of the Wall Street Journal piece, Tapper had on Kons Senator Kuons, Big Biden advocate and surrogate and on there and just tore into the Wall Street Journal and says, where's the Wall Street Journal criticizing Trump for what he gets a name wrong? And Tapper let him say his giant piece, no pushback whatsoever.
Speaker 2: So he participated and.
Speaker 4: The Democrats tear down the Wall Street Journal, then has the balls to have them on yesterday and call them heroes. I mean, that is another level.
Speaker 1: And to make the point repeatedly in his introduction that I've been on this story the whole time. I'd said this last to eight year. I'm saying it now, along with that other stuff I said all through the Biden years that I'm sure everybody remembers. Jake Tapper cannot hear the Cosmos screaming at him, saying, Jake, you can't defend you. This is not working. You're just reminding people of what a liar you are. You cannot be your main advocate because you got no credibility.
Speaker 4: Chum. I don't know if it's gonna matter, because it's people in the usual circles. If you read the Washington Post in the New York Times, you're they're taking in.
Speaker 2: This book like, oh my god, did you hear?
Speaker 4: And and Fox and everybody leaning right who already knew Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: Was in the situation he is. Know are laughing at this book.
Speaker 4: But he must, he must be worried to do what he did yesterday. This was yesterday he had the Wall Street Journal reporters on and called them heroes. I mean, how do you sit there and do that.
Speaker 1: It's pathetic. It's desperation, and it's so clearly desperation. That's what that's what I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, I would be embarrassed. I would be embarrassed to go that far. Yes, Uh, you know it's funny. I just had the feeling wash over me.
Speaker 4: That. Uh.
Speaker 1: The utter dishonesty of the mainstream media has been recognized by the vast, vast majority of the American people. They're less popular or less trusted than any institution but Congress, which should make you shudder as a fan of the Constitution. And and they're they're their punishment's already been exacted upon them.
Speaker 2: They're laughing stocks.
Speaker 4: Here's the problem, though, it hurts us. If it if it only hurt them, I'd be fine with that. I don't care.
Speaker 2: But it's not. This is Halpern's point. It's bad for the country.
Speaker 4: So you're they've been punished, they've gotten what they deserved, but with having an eight percent approval rating. But that's a terrible place for us to be as a country. And they're not great, and they're not trying to dig themselves out of it, they're making it worse. Well, I'll read from Mark Alprin's Today. He ques, I'm not against it, I'm having lots of fun. He quotes Politico Today in his newsletter this is Politico Today. It was what happened in that debate was a shock to me, Jake Sullivan told Playbooks Jack Blanchard at Politico's Security summerd on Thursday.
Speaker 2: I think it was a shock to everybody.
Speaker 4: So Jake Sullivan saying this week that it was a shock to everyone around Joe Biden when he showed up, that they acted that.
Speaker 2: Way house ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Helpin writes, No one can legitimately say they were shocked by what happened in the debate because Biden exhibited all the same behaviors in public four years and goes on to say, oh my god, reporters need to stop asking Democrats, were you surprised by the debate? Or should Biden have run for reelection? Or did you see signs of decline in private? The correct question at this point is, given Joe Biden's obvious mental decline in public, why didn't you speak up? That should be the only question every single time, right, right, And if you're going to talk to reporters, it should be But the reporter, given his obvious decline, why weren't you reporting on that?
Speaker 1: There are only two possible well, yeah, for the politicos that one question, reporters another. But the only possible answer for politicos would be I place my party above my country. Well, the second answer might be, look, I go along to get along.
Speaker 2: That's what politicians do.
Speaker 1: Third answer, and if they were going to be honest, they would say this, Kamala Harris is an effing idiot. Figured we were better off with old man Biden his inner circle than that half wit from California and her band of renegade dopes.
Speaker 4: The why to that is, and this is what Alpern points out all the time, is that they hated Trump so much they just didn't want him to win. Whatever kept him from winning. Yeah, that's answer for right, yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And but.
Speaker 4: To go so far to bring in those Wall Street journal reporters, they should have called him out there on the show you're calling a well, I wish one of them would have said, you're calling me a hero. You had guest after guest on to terrace apart at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's weird, Jake. I was an idiot last year. Now I'm a hero.
Speaker 4: Huh. That's hero heroic coverage because they were able to report what everybody.
Speaker 2: Already knew this is.
Speaker 4: Well. I keep quoting Mark Cowperny said last night, We're through the looking glass. I don't even know what to say anymore. Well, right, yeah, yeah, what's your next?
Speaker 2: Your book? Jake Nixon was a little paranoid.
Speaker 1: You got a book about Carter, he's a well meaning fellow, but didn't do it very well. You got any more crazy revelations nobody saw God? I mean, can he can Jake Tapper go any farther than this calling them heroes. Well, the harder he tries, the more sad and pathetic it is, which is what I was trying to say about the cosmos.
Speaker 2: I mean, Jake, you just gotta let it lie.
Speaker 1: Dude, you are the last person who ought to be saying these things.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you think he's just completely self unaware?
Speaker 2: That's what I wonder.
Speaker 4: I have been self delusional about things before, and then when it becomes evident to me how wrong I was, I'm amazed.
Speaker 2: It's like, wow, the.
Speaker 4: Human brain can do that, or my human brain did this, or but he doesn't seem to want to have that. How interesting would that be if he did, If he'd be willing to come on the air and say I was so against Trump winning and so just very deep in the idea of not helping him that I ignored the obvious.
Speaker 2: That would be interesting, It would be more interesting, it would be more believable. Right, Yeah, you raised an interesting pointer, Michael did at the end.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 1: You've never had any brain but the one you've had. You know, all of us obviously can say that. I wonder if there are people who are just way, way, way more pliable to that sort of group think than I can imagine being.
Speaker 2: It's got to be true.
Speaker 4: Wow, any thoughts text line four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 6: This week, over one two hundred Starbucks employees have gone on strike to protest the company's new dress code. It was strange all the employees walked out and the line moved.
Speaker 2: Justice found.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Starbucks workers are upset about the dress code. Meanwhile, over at Duncan, you're allowed to wear an apron with nothing underneath.
Speaker 4: That sow you know, that reminds me.
Speaker 1: I just saw it was a Twitter thread that AI has just gone too far now, And it was an AI video of a McDonald a McDonald's run entirely by cats and they were doing all the jobs doing the fries, cooking the burgers, manning the register. And it was utterly convincing. I mean not like I was convinced there's a cat.
Speaker 4: McDonalds briefly were concerned that there's a feline entirely feline run McDonald somewhere.
Speaker 2: What of the fur and my drink? Gross? No, it's just it's amazing. It wasn't babies this time. It was cats to the Starbucks thing.
Speaker 4: Just just this came up because it was a news story hit. My kids were listening, and I just threw up my usual dad sort of advice. If your boss tells you got to wear a black shirt, wear a freaking black shirt. I want to wear my rainbow Black Lives Matter shirt because I want to bring my whole self to work at Starbucks.
Speaker 1: You make coffee, do your work, and shut up. That's been the history of all the history of mankind can be summed up with the sentence show up and shut up. All right, even this job oddly enough. So anyway, now I've got a trio of stories about crime. Maybe we can squeeze in the next hour, including Chinese money launderers, flooding, particularly southern California, with hundreds of thousands of dollars of cartel cash and the challenge that is posing for both banks and law enforcement authorities. We are, you know, like Trump made that trip to the Middle East and was getting trillions of dollars of investments out of the various oil sheiks, some good enough, some of evil. The cartels look at the US that same way. We are the trillions of dollars land of gold because we loves their drugs.
Speaker 4: Another story I'd like to get to. This is an exclusive in the Wall Street Journal today. I am we have been downplaying this fear of flying thing for several years. I think this is gonna happen. There is going to be a mid air collision that kills hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people. Really, I think so at some point the air traffic controller averted a mid air collision. Now he's speaking out interviewing the Wall Street Journal guy who walked off the job at Newark after a couple of weeks ago when he barely caught a couple of planes that were going to crash.
Speaker 2: Into each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay, we can talk about that. I'm not afraid to fly, but I think at some point, just you know it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I think it is absolutely righteous that the current Secretary of Transportation and the Trump administration are trying to update modern eyes make more efficient and safeire air traffic control system.
Speaker 2: I think it's a great thing they're doing. Yeah, we need, absolutely We've got a lot on the way. I hope you can stick around Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: The frightening scene in Silver Spring, Maryland. A toddler has survived a fifteen story fall from an apartment building. First Responders believe the two year old boy fell from a balcony and survived by landing on the bushes below. Authorities are now investigating the fall again. The boy is expected to survive.
Speaker 2: This holy crap.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I'm reminded of that ride along we did with the Charlotte Fire Department. This is probably like in nineteen ninety four, thirty.
Speaker 2: Plus years ago. Good Lord.
Speaker 1: And the guys, we actually responded to a call where somebody fell out of a seventh floor window and landed in the bushes and sustained the broken arm I think was the most serious injury. In talking to some of the firefighters, they talked about, you know, they've gone to cases where somebody tripped walking off a curb, hit their head and died.
Speaker 2: Friend of mine did last year, like sixty years old. Akes. Yikes, here your two year old falls off the balcony in the fifteenth floor. You have no expectation whatsoever of a good outcome.
Speaker 1: Oh my yeah, I don't know what the takeaway is here other than try not to fall off the balconies or trip going over curbs. But it's amazing, you know what the outcomes can be.
Speaker 2: Life is completely unpredictable. So be very very afraid.
Speaker 1: Exactly, yes, yes, don't do anything ever. Live your day amazement, amazing fear. I mean, just paralyzing fear.
Speaker 4: All day every day. Great idea or avengeful God. Maybe you go for avengeful God.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, So what do we want to talk about? Do you want to do the pricest thing? Or I've got my crime stories.
Speaker 2: I can hit you with this inflation thing real quick.
Speaker 4: We meant to talk about this, Joe got so sidetracked by his hatred for Jake Tapper we ended up talking about him and his book instead of the way but that Walmart announced yesterday that they're raising prices. They say, specifically because of the Trump tariffs, which as the biggest retailer in the world, that gives a lot of other stores cover if they were thinking, God, we need to raise prices too, but our people are going to you know, gives them a little political cover or cultural cover. Anyway, I thought this was interesting. On the way this was covered two different ways, let me find it for it. On one hand, the Wall Street General writes this, so far Trump's tariffs have had a muted effect on inflation. Walmart's announcement suggests that a dam is breaking and that a flood of higher prices could soon follow. But Axios put it this way. With major indicators from April, the month of peak tariff uncertainty now in none show the kind of a recessionary or inflationary conditions implied by business and consumers surveys. So they went with a very positive spin on we went through the worst month of it and things are fine.
Speaker 2: So clear skies.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know how they arrived at that conclusion since the tariffs hadn't actually hit, I don't think. And the ones that are in place are not like crazy high, but they're higher than they were.
Speaker 2: Well, the analysis of these two stories were you're smarter than I am. If you have any idea which of these is correct?
Speaker 4: If like enough damage was done that we are going to have inflation, or we pulled out of the nose dive in time so we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Be okay, I have no idea. Wow, all right.
Speaker 1: Walmart's CEO r CFO John David Rainey said the speed and magnitude at which these prices are coming to us is somewhat unprecedented in history.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Trade War's full impact on consumers as yet to come. Any businesses stockpiled goods before the tariff's hit in Some businesses have absorbed the initial costs rather than passing them along, while Mart's announcements suggest that some businesses are running out of options for putting off price increases, economists said, which would seem to unless that's just wrong.
Speaker 2: Counter the axios claim, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I keep hearing these stories of people are cutting back on travel, leading out variety of things for summer.
Speaker 1: I will see, Yeah, yeah, we will. I think it'll all be pretty clear within a month or two. Oh yeah, So a handful of crime related stories I found very interesting. First of all, bags of cash from drug cartels or flooding teller windows at US banks, and they tell the story of this undercover. Well, undercover cops were watching a Chinese national by the name of jillong Yu steps out of a range drover and a strip mall parking lot, walks into a Chase bank with a black leather backpack full of cash in southern California.
Speaker 4: So at the teller window he puts up these stacks. I've complained a lot about, Like if I want to take out ten thousand dollars to go buy a used car, the bank makes me tell them what I'm going to do with it, and I hate that. Sex my money, I'll do whatever the hell I want with it. On the other hand, a guy rolls in a range over with a backpack full of cash, I feel like that's worth a look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear you. So how do I present this exactly? This is a story about some of the most important criminal organizations, certainly in our hemisphere, the big cartels in Mexico and Chinese money laundering operations that are, you know, run in cooperation with the Chinese Communist Party. So that would suggest to you a fair degree of sophistication, right.
Speaker 2: Well, listen to this part now.
Speaker 1: So at the teller window, you pulled out stacks of bills and waited all A woman fed them into the cash counting machine. After you left, an off start asked to tell her if he had deposited more than ten thousand dollars the threshold acquiring banks banks to flag transactions, blah blah blah, more like one hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: The teller said, wow.
Speaker 1: By then, you was already on his way to Chase and Bank of America branches in Claremont Claremont, California, about thirty five miles away.
Speaker 2: With more cash to put in. Yes, wow, how they carrying in that ranger over?
Speaker 1: Well, they don't say that specifically, but federal authorities allege you worked for an underground banking network that bought dollars at a discount from Mexico's Sineloa drug cartel.
Speaker 4: Did Jason did Jason Bateman ever think of doing it this way where he doesn't have to like deal with those inbred hick people, know, as he's trying to launder the money on Ozark.
Speaker 1: Well, right, run a riverboat casino with his angsty wife and angsty children.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know but so you buy, you.
Speaker 1: Know, one hundred thousan dollars cash from a cartel for eighty thousand dollars, and then you attempt to launder it. You attempt to, you know, to obscure the origin of it until it can be used again. The network allegedly handled some fifty million dollars in proceeds from drug trafficking over four years, depositing a portion of the tainted cash and ATMs and teller windows at major banks, including City Bank, in cities around La County, according to federal prosecutors, and similar money laundering operations operate in plain sight around the US, hiding the staggering returns which are the reason cross border cartels smuggle fentanyl, meth, coke, and other drugs used by millions of Americans.
Speaker 4: So that guy might have had half million million dollars he's driving around on that range over with man, that's that's somebody connected to some bad people.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, interesting, wow. I suggested that you know, there's like a twenty percent discount or something like that. But Chinese money laundering operatives in some cases open dozens of bank accounts at multiple banks using counterfeit passports to disguise their identity or recruiting local business owners and students. They charge one to two percent on the dollar, undercutting competitors who had traditionally charged more for money laundering services. Man, you're you're doing how much? Start committing federal You're gonna start start asking, So it's Chinese laundry. Oh jeez. Uh, but what was I gonna say? Oh, so you're you're doing like widespread, fairly easy to track, you know, federal offence money laundering for one to two percent.
Speaker 2: Man, if I'm a bank teller in that person leaves, I think.
Speaker 4: I just brushed up against the closest I've ever been to, the kind of people that will cut your head off.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now these are more like higher lings and Lackey. You're like one degree of separation from the head choppers. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: If yeah, I would be at least slightly concerned that if I became a major figure in the uncovering by accident, Yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 2: At least conceivable.
Speaker 1: So uh, this copper they talked to assembled the team that watched you deposit this six figure cash hall at the Chase Bank on loan from the DA. So anyway, it's a big thing these days, all right, moving on all different crime and there it is. Oh, we mentioned this briefly the other day, and I really didn't know anything about it, but officials with the FBI are growing more concerned about an online network called seven six' four that targets and extorts young. People the predators Behind i'm. Sorry they befriend teenagers on online, platforms then push them into behavior including creating and sharing, porn harming, pets good, lord cutting, themselves and sue side god dang. It so these predators demand their victims share images and videos of the behavior so they can share it with other seven sixty four. Followers they also use the contact for the content rather for. Extortion some of the predators even host watch parties for others to watch them torment victims live, online authorting To according to, authorities.
Speaker 4: Maybe the story here should be why do we have so many young people that are easy pickings for this sort of? THING i can't believe that that was true thirty forty years, Ago but there's no means to do, it so nobody could ever figure it, OUT i, Know but, WELL i, mean we all know the number of kids that are on anxiety medicine or kill themselves or decide they're.
Speaker 2: The wrong gender or. Whatever, yeah there were more messed up young people.
Speaker 4: TODAY i just don't think there were that many people like in my high school class that even if the technology had, existed you could have gotten to that would cut themselves or. SOMETHING i, mean what the hell?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Right, yeah both are probably. True but getting back to these just, monsters these. Sociopaths they host watch parties for others to watch them torment victims live. Online according to authorities and investigators, say the darker and more violent the images or videos a member can coerce a minor to produce helps them climb the ladder of standing in the. Network so the more horrible thing you can compel some impressionable tween or team to, do the more a cachet you get in the. Network now they've arrested a couple of leaders of the group and charging them with operating an international child exploitation. Enterprise one was An american citizen who lives In greece and the other lives in High, Point North. Carolina and this one, Guy Prasan hall of High, Point North carolina reportedly in instructed other members of seven sixty four on how to groom and extort, Victims the outlet. Said nepaul allegedly, wrote quote extortion is a form of discipline to little girls who might not have a father at.
Speaker 2: Home it's a good. Thing.
Speaker 1: Yikes The internet is the worst neighborhood in your, town the worst neighborhood in your. State AND i would think seriously about whether letting your kids wander around and it is a good.
Speaker 2: IDEA i only think about it every single.
Speaker 1: Day and then, finally best job In america Or switzerland, anyway work For Swiss bank and then blow the whistle when they're helping people evade taxes according to the laws and rewards if you blow the whistle, on for, Instance Credit, suisse who wasn't living up to the promises they'd made to courts to stop Helping americans evade taxes by stashing cash and assets overseas, well several employees, Said, hey we're doing exactly what the banks score in these court papers.
Speaker 2: That we wouldn't do.
Speaker 1: Anymore look at all these, accounts four hundred and seventy five. Accounts The Credit suisse should have known we're tied To, americans they held around four billion.
Speaker 2: Dollars this handful of whistleblowers blew the, whistle as whistleblowers.
Speaker 1: Will and the former bank employees are going to make up to one hundred and fifty million dollars each.
Speaker 2: For the reward you.
Speaker 1: Get between fifteen and thirty percent from The Justice.
Speaker 2: Department. Cool good work if you can get. It one hundred and fifty million.
Speaker 4: Dollars, Woo i'll we're.
Speaker 2: Ad anybody out for. That just so you, KNOW.
Speaker 4: I have a nominee for the most annoying person In. America he goes by The, moniker The. Boss he leads THE E Street. Band, oh last night as he kicked off his world, tour we'll play a little bit of what he had to. Say, ah shut, Up bruce that among other things on the, WAY i should have looked up the actual name Of bruce's. Tour maybe you can look that, Up. Katie Bruce springsteen is Big New World. Tour it's some sort of pretentious saving the world from. AUTHORITARIANISM i think he says it right at the, beginning doesn't. It maybe he, does but that this is from last night In, england and this is at the very beginning he does this like throughout the. CONCERT i, MEAN i saw a long YouTube montage of and we're all used to, musicians you, know they're all left winger and hippie, progressives and we have to put up with their craft to listen their.
Speaker 2: MUSIC i thought this was over the. Top, yes what is?
Speaker 5: This it Called katie The land Of hopes And Dreams, tour and thank you for.
Speaker 2: That here you, Go.
Speaker 8: Bruce, right The Mighty East Street band is here tonight to call upon the righteous power of, art of, music of rock and roll in dangerous times in my, home The AMERICA i, love The America i've.
Speaker 9: Written about that has been a beacon of hope and liberty for two hundred and fifty years is currently in the hands of a, corrupt incompetent and treason this.
Speaker 2: Administration that's. Fine CAN i get a surprise with?
Speaker 4: That play the?
Speaker 2: Song and why are my hearing this in this? Setting guitar?
Speaker 4: Playing? MAN i feel like that was a new level of that sort of thing THAT i don't know If i'd have been able to sit there and then listen to the, CONCERT i might have gone out to the parking lot and sat in the. Car, Yeah i'll drive you home, Afterwards, HOWEVER i went With i'm not gonna let him lecture me and act like we're all with, you, right and then shut.
Speaker 5: Up The West coast version Of Bruce springsteen Is Billy joe From Green.
Speaker 2: DAY I.
Speaker 5: LOVE i have Loved Green day my entire. Life i've seen him live multiple times a lot to, like went there multiple shows in a. Row he goes on like a fifteen to twenty minute political, tirade and you're just sitting there going, like this is not WHAT i paid.
Speaker 2: FOR i want to be An american.
Speaker 4: Idiot, Yeah So, bruce at one point during the concert last, night he comes.
Speaker 2: Out he's so old, NOW i, mean he walks like an old, man very.
Speaker 4: Stiffly he's got the piano player doing his little, thing and he sits down on the.
Speaker 2: STAGE i need to talk to, you good.
Speaker 4: People we're just one generation from authoritarianism taking over the world and all we can.
Speaker 2: Do AND i just, said, oh freaking give me a.
Speaker 4: Break first of, All first of, all always the same direction and we all.
Speaker 2: Gonna put up. With BUT i don't even, like even without.
Speaker 4: The directional attitude of the, politics how did you all become so convinced that rock and roll is going to solve.
Speaker 2: Anything it's not gonna.
Speaker 4: Solve a thing other than entertaining. Me it's gonna solve my boredom for the next two.
Speaker 2: Hours. RIGHT i like.
Speaker 1: Music it makes me. Happy that's Why i'm. Here that's the only Reason i'm.
Speaker 4: Here there's self importance of feeling like they're, actually you, know striking a blow for their politics in some way by going out there and playing their hits that everybody remembers from high.
Speaker 2: SCHOOL i mean.
Speaker 1: Whatever, well and If Brucey boy Or Billy Joe armstronger convinced, that, Look i've made enough money and this is really important to. Me and IF i alienate half my, audience, fine you know, WHAT i can almost respect. That but you haven't alienated. Me, goodbye F you'.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah it works both.
Speaker 5: Ways one of my favorite things about this is that the punk rock machine used to be against the.
Speaker 4: Machine well the machine's.
Speaker 2: The left, now so oh, yeah it's like the whole script is.
Speaker 1: Flipped, yeah, exactly like the man, said you have the, media you have the, universities you have a lot of the, government and you're fighting the.
Speaker 4: Power what if you missed a segment of the Podcast armstrong And getty on Demand armstrong And getty