Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: Hey there, it's Michael Costa. The Daily Show's on a break this week, but don't worry. We handpicked some of our favorite recent moments from the show in case you missed them. We'll be back with brand new episodes next week. Until then, joyce today's episode.
Speaker 3: All back to The Daily Show. We all know I've got great opinions, but I'm not the only one. Studies show that other people also have opinion. So here with another installment, I'm in my opinion as our good friend Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, man. Democrats have a problem. It's not their policies. It's not their fundraising. It's not that Joe Biden started buffering at the Junior teen Party. No, No, the problem they have is their messaging. Are to say a planer is how they talk. Nobody wants to hit it in normal political voice anymore. I'll give you an example. Republicans made abortion illegal in half the country, which is horrible. It should be a winning issue for Democrats, but here's how Democrats talk about it.
Speaker 3: Let me say it again.
Speaker 5: Past laws restoring the protection of rov wait for women in every state.
Speaker 6: That's what can be done under this on the if you owner of the opposition.
Speaker 7: Every Senator must take a stand. If you agree all Americans deserve access to contraception, then vote yes on the Right to Contraception Act. This Friday, June seventh will be forty nine years since there was a decision made in the in the in the row versus weight question, ro.
Speaker 4: Why is this sentence taking you forty nine years to say? How about try this instead? These religious nut ass Republicans want to force you to have a baby period, And that's it. But I know, I know politicians aren't supposed to talk that way, but they should. In fact, before Democrats even worry about explaining their side of an issue, they need to learn something more basic, how to talk like real people. Yeah and I'm sure that possible. Yeah, Yeah, and I'm sure that possible because you know, it's good at it. Total nut ass Republicans.
Speaker 7: The Biden administration sucks, said communists, they're Marxists, they're radical left Democrats, they're sick people.
Speaker 1: There were riots verting down the country over George Floyd. And I'm really sick and tired of the bullshit annex I have to deal with constantly.
Speaker 4: You see, that you see that Congress could pay off the whole deficit by giving Marjorie tail agreen. That's where es are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and yes, I.
Speaker 4: Know Marjorie tail a Green is a whole fool's market. But that's authentic. Okay, that's real America. That's what a waffle house sounds like at three am.
Speaker 5: Okay, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, that's making a scene at Ann Taylor Loft because you can't make a return without the receipt.
Speaker 4: Same with Donald Trump. Here's a guy who knows what he wants and knows how to get it. The message is terrible, but it's clear when he says, build the wall, lock her up, I hate sharks, no one goes. I wonder what he means.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 4: Folks appreciate when someone sounds authentic, even if their ideas are terrible. But with Democrats, even when they talk about the good things they've done, it sounds fake. And I know that they're capable of sounding real. I talk to a lot of these politicians behind the scenes. I hear how they speak when the MIC's not on, and it's two totally different people. Take Hillary Clinton. During the twenty sixteen campaign, she sounded like this Now.
Speaker 8: There may be some new voices in the presidential Republican choir, but they're all singing the same old song, a song called Yesterday, you know the one. All our troubles look as though they're here to stay, and we need a place to hide away. They believed in Yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Paul McCartney heard that and was like, John got the easy way out. Here's the thing, though, I've talked to Hillary behind the scenes, and trust me, she's a real human. I know you won't believe this, but she can even say a great mother. Yes, I've heard it the way she says mother rival Samuel L. Jackson. I'm telling you she should have used it in public, like I'm sick and tired of my mother's husband on Jeffrey Epstein's mother. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yes, now that Hillary. That Hillary would be at the end of her second term right now. But Democrats only talk authentically when it slips out. In fact, DIM's out. A viral moment in the House recently. It started with Marjorie Taylor Green doing what she does best, but it ended with a Democrat representative, Jasmine Crockett, finally clapping back.
Speaker 7: A late night committee meeting devolved into chaos, with members hurling insults at each other.
Speaker 2: It quickly escalated into a heated back and forth. After Republican Marjorie Taylor Green my Democrat Jasmine Crockett's eyelashes.
Speaker 1: I think your fake eyelashes are messing up on nothing.
Speaker 9: Crockett later fired back with her own personal insults as Chairman James Comer struggled to regain order. I'm just curious, just to better understand your ruling. If someone on this committee then starts talking about somebody's leash, blind, bad built, butsch body, that would not be engaging in personalities.
Speaker 4: Correct, what now?
Speaker 1: What now?
Speaker 5: What now?
Speaker 4: That would be a bleached blonde, bad butch body.
Speaker 1: Congressman.
Speaker 4: Okay, and you know what I love about this. Everyone was so excited to hear someone slamming Marjorie Taylor Green. Most liberals didn't even care that it was sexist, it was homophobic, it was body shaming. It was like the nineties were back.
Speaker 5: Okay, yes, yes, now.
Speaker 4: Congresswoman Crockett had a great moment that went viral because she showed something that the Democratic Party rarely ever shows, and that's courage.
Speaker 5: Yes, we look.
Speaker 1: All hope is not lost.
Speaker 4: In fact, just recently, even Vice President Kamala Harris showed a glimpse of her actual personality.
Speaker 9: We have to know that sometimes people will open the door for you and leave it open.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it won't, and then you.
Speaker 5: Need to kick that door down.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right, madam Vice president kicked that door down. That's how you know she's still a cop. She's giving little girls and no knock warrant.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: And you know that.
Speaker 4: Type of talk is effective because conservatives immediately started clutching their pearls about her lack of decorum. Republicans are so hypocritical. It's not okay for Comma Lau says, but it was cool for y'all to have a vice president named Dick for eight years. I mean, this was Trump last week in a church with kids in the audience.
Speaker 3: I don't like.
Speaker 7: Using the word bullshit in front of these beautiful children, so I won't say.
Speaker 4: My god, Donald, do you kiss your mistress with that mouth? Look? I know this is, you know, all a little off brand for liberals. They love to say stuff like hate has no home here, but you could at least give hate a guest room or something. All right, let hate kick a toothbrush in your bathroom. And no, you should never hate someone for who they are, but it's okay to hate them for what they do, especially if what they do is hate fuol Okay, like it or not, this is the age of hate. Kendrick said he hates Drake. Okay, yeah, Kendrick said he hates the way Drake walks, the way he talks, the way he dresses. And Kendrick won that beef. And if Democrats want to win, they need to turn on the Kendrick all right, yes, yes, yes, turn on the Kendrick. Trump got a weird case. Why is he around.
Speaker 1: Them?
Speaker 5: Fuck?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: And good news for Democrats they have someone who can help them with their messaging. When I heard Republican Congressman Byron donald say some wild shit about black families and Jim pro I knew just who to call. Congresswoman Jasmin Crockett, how are you. I'm doing well.
Speaker 9: It's good to see you.
Speaker 4: Good to see you too. Now, a colleague from across the aisle, Byron Donalds recently said that black families were better under Jim Crow, which was a period of forced racial segregation. What would you say to that, yes.
Speaker 9: I'd say, is it okay for Uncle Tom, Uncle Brooks, or maybe under this scenario, an Uncle Clarence to try to tell us what it is to be black in America considering the fact that he is married to a white woman kind of like his uncle Clarence, that would not have been allowed. So yeah, he probably needs to go back to the history books that they keep trying to take out of our classrooms.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to.
Speaker 1: The Bailly Show.
Speaker 2: Next week will be exactly thirty years since Jeff Bezos founded Amazon, forever changing the way we try to desperately fill the empty hole in our lives while destroying local businesses and the earth. But who is the real man behind the Internet mogul? Let's find out in a new, brand new daily show Agraphy.
Speaker 1: America has always been home to titans of industry, but only one capitalist, and history has ever been this much of a joy.
Speaker 10: I'm Jeff Bezos.
Speaker 11: I'm the founder of Amazon dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is the daily showography of Jeff Bezos, History's most powerful nerd. Born to teenage parents in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Jeff's identity asserted itself early.
Speaker 10: I was a very nerdy and good student.
Speaker 4: I liked school.
Speaker 1: His favorite place in the world was radio Shack, where he developed an appreciation for technology, cheap garbage from China, and underpaying workers. After graduating from high school as valedictorian, Jeff attended Princeton, one of the best colleges for.
Speaker 10: Socially, I was a little awkward. I didn't really date much until like my last year of college. Actually, I so sort of a formal plan to date. I'll had all my friends something up on blind dates. None of them worked out very well.
Speaker 1: Yes, despite many positive reviews from his friends, women found the actual product wasn't what they had been led to believe. After college, Bezos joined a Wall Street hedge fund. On Wall Street, Bezos also found something almost as good as money, his future ex wife, Mackenzie Stott. She would later tell Vogue Magazine it was Jeff's laugh that made her fall in love with him. Hey, sometimes love is blind and deaf. It was around this time that Jeff noticed that the world was changing.
Speaker 11: Came across the startling statistic that web usage was growing at twenty three hundred percent a year. So I decided I would try and find a business plan that made sense in the context of that, and I picked books as the first best product to sell online.
Speaker 1: With a quarter million dollar investment from his parents, a garage to work from, an mc hammer Khaki's, Bezos launched his empire. Within a few years, Amazon went from online bookseller to Wall Street darling to the so called everything store. Third party vendors could sell literally anything on Amazon's website, from stuff to put in your butt to stuff you shouldn't put in your butt but will anyway because you're not a coward. Amazon was taking the world by storm, and while Bezos was still literally the nerdiest person in the world.
Speaker 10: My watch updates itself from the atomic clock thirty six times a day. If that gives you an indication.
Speaker 1: He was driving Amazon into the future, a future of non stop grow How did Jeff Bezos transform himself into a life sized Oscar statue by using his big, nerdy brain to the perfect growth plan to expand his business and his body. Since starting Amazon, Bezos has amassed a net worth of two hundred billion dollars, money that he's used to make the world a better place. Sure, he spent some of it on a super yacht that has its own yacht in the world's fastest jet, and like a shit ton of mansions, exotic food, a prehistoric bear skeleton, AND's a gigantic clock that only takes once a year. But he also gave back. Yeah, Bezos paid zero federal income taxes for two years. Maybe not to his country, but he has given nearly one point five percent of his net worth to charity. And while he didn't share much of his wealth with Amazon workers, he definitely helped them to boldly go where no one has gone before.
Speaker 2: Amazon workers have to pee into bottles because of Amazon's stringent quotas keep them too busy to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: You know what they say. Teach a man to fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to piss in a bottle while he eats his fish, He only has to take a two minute lunch break. Jeff's plan was working perfectly, but there was one thing his plan didn't take into account, that all his success would go to his head.
Speaker 6: The National Inquirer obtained nude photos of Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos. The pictures and racy text messages from Bezos to his girlfriend Lauren Sanchez led to the end of his marriage.
Speaker 1: With one stupid mistake, Jeff lost the thing that was most important to him in all the world, thirty eight billion dollars. Jeff had hit rock bottom. He had literally showed the world his dick. But soon he would bounce back by showing the world his bigger, shinier, rocket powered dick and riding it to the Cosmos.
Speaker 7: Tonight, mission accomplished, Jeff Bezos launches into space in the first unpiloted fully civilian's subworrittaled flight.
Speaker 1: Yes, Bezos accomplished his boyhood dream and same day shift himself into the stars. Bethos had finally done. He finally made space travels seem uncool.
Speaker 11: I also, I want to thank every Amazon employee and every Amazon customer, because you guys paid.
Speaker 1: For all this, and now the world knows the real Jeff Bezos as well as Jeff Bezos knows himself.
Speaker 10: I always worked really hard. I was nerdy, You were nerdy. I was nerdy. That hasn't changed. Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount plus
Speaker 4: Paramount Podcasts,