Speaker 1: If your football team had one option in their playbook, the results probably wouldn't be great. The same could be said for your investments. Cibo index options like SPX and xsp can help expand your investing strategies with cash settlement and potential tax advantages. If you're ready for a more dynamic game plan, head to Better with Options dot Com. Cebo life is better with options, Your investments.
Speaker 2: Could be too.
Speaker 1: There are risks associated with CBO company products. Review the disclosures and disclaimers at CBO dot com slash us Underscore disclaimers.
Speaker 3: Welcome. In episode one twenty five, What's Right with Nick Wright? The podcast the YouTube show, and I want to spend a moment here right off the top talking about the YouTube portion of that because we set a goal out I don't know, a few months ago to try to buy the end football season get to one hundred thousand subscribers on YouTube, and I was very confident we were gonna get there initially. I then became a little less confident eventually, and then over the last month we have had rapid growth thanks to the folks watching right now, the folks that promoted it, and we officially got there shortly after Monday show. It is a legitimate, awesome accomplishment for everybody involved in this show, from the folks at Blue Duck that produce it, that make it more than just a podcast, for Demanse, who's grown into co hosting it and become a real personality on it. For me as a passion project of mine to go kind of hand in glove with what I do on television, and the fact that now no matter where we go from here on this, because to be totally candid, there are some potential changes coming to the show one degree or another because Demanse is moving to Los Angeles sometime after the Super Bowl. What that means as far as how we're gonna do it is his seat going to be filled by my wife, by his little sister, by his littlest sister who was really really positioning for the job. But I don't think, Hey, I don't think she's getting the call. If demand's gonna do it somewhat some of the time remotely from LA that's not fully fleshed out yet, But the fact that I got to partner with him, and in the timeframe of have we been doing this a full year, I think it's just under a full year because we weren't doing it last football season. We started March of last year April of last year, and to now be it one hundred thousand subscribers in less than one year, it's just tremendous. It's gratifying, it's awesome. We greatly appreciate it. And what I would like to do as a thank you to the folks who watch us on YouTube Monday of next week, we can maybe do at the very top of the show a traditional show, but then for the bulk of the show, I want it to be what we do at the end of the shows, which is the listener Q and A. I will jump in the chat during the show and just kind of respond to whatever topics people want to, kind of old school live radio style, when we had a text line and a call in line and people could call in or text in. You won't be able to call into the show, but you guys can put in your comments. Today. We will do that at the end of the show. But maybe Monday show will do the entirety of the show like that or ninety percent of it, and then Thursday we will be doing the show live from the Super Bowl in Arizona, and so all of that. We're very happy. I'm incredibly grateful, incredibly than What do you got going.
Speaker 2: On for you? Oh?
Speaker 3: Our friends at Blue Duck Media. Let's oh, we're popping bottles. Oh we got some champagne. How about that? Look at that what you said it is. I'm sure it's a beautiful bottle of champagne. It's a little early for me to be drinking. I know people like champagne at breakfast with Mimosa's not really my thing. But I'll just set that here and we can. You know what, maybe maybe I'll let you. I don't know. I feel like maybe that could be a good like fourth date thing for you with somebody. Yeah, just bring it over. When you picked the young lady up, be like, hey, I brought you this. Yeah, just give her a bottle of fancy champagne. That could just give her the bottle. Well that's what you do, Like, yeah, you give them and then if she wants to toast with you or something, that's fine. But this is great. We really appreciate it. Now let's get to the actual show. Here is what missed the cut in today's show. The Texans make a great decision and hired Demiko Ryans, the Texans legend. He gets a six year contract. I think it's a great hire. Smart by them. Josh Allen too injured to play in the Pro Bowl, allegedly not too injured to play Pebble Beach in golf. That's fun. And Patrick Mahomes will be on First Things First later today. We actually recorded that yesterday and that is going to air at four pm Eastern sharp on First Things First, our first television interview with Patrick Mahomes, as I have randomly thanks to the my Here's what's funny, and then we'll get to the actual show. So the chiefs evidently love me. I figured they should, but I didn't quite know it. But sports media, it's just so funny how things work out.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: It feels like ninety percent of my industry, the sports television talkers are fighting for the same corner. I am going to be the loudest and most prominent Cowboys supporter or I Am going to be the loudest and most prominent Cowboys detractor. Everyone fighting for that same piece of real estate. Meanwhile, I'm surveying all the available real estate and I'm like, hmm, there's this team that happens to play in my hometown, that has a guy that all of us seem to acknowledge might end up being the greatest player ever, and that real estate is totally unguarded. Yeah, and so four years ago I staked my claim being a lifelong Kansas city and always loving the Chiefs and believing in Mahomes. And for the last I guess five years ago, I did it. For the last five years, I've had my crew ready on alert that hey, guys, we might have to fight for this corner one day, we might have to repel some attack. And somehow the entirety of sports media has just seated me the ground. They've all just decided like, oh no, Nick is the Mahomes guy. All be the Josh Allen guy, All be the Justin Herbert guy. We even there was fighting over who gets to be the Tua tongue of Iloa person. Meanwhile, the Patrick Mahomes corner was just given to me. It's unbelievable. You were trying to say something. I apologize.
Speaker 4: Uh No, I forgot No what a predicament you would have been in a Mahomes went to the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Well, well, here's the thing. I would have respected the talent. But the reason I'm a Mahomes guy is because he plays for my hometown team City. Yeah. And then man, his dad went on, you know one of my best friends in the world guy a host radio in Chicago named Danny Parkins. He does afternoons on the Score. Also, there's a great podcast that you guys should subscribe to with another great friend of mine named Andrew Philipponi called First in Pod. The people that produce that podcast not quite as great as the folks at Blue Duck. In order to find that podcast, you literally have to type in first with the number one st space ampersand space pod if you tie. If you spell out first in Pod, it doesn't show up. Not great for subscriber growth, but it's a great pod. He had Patrick mahomes dad on the show two days ago. Okay, and Patrick Mahomes's dad said that the Chicago Bears told Patrick they were drafting him at three, committed to drafting him at three, and then traded up from three to two and drafted Mitch Trubisky, which is why Mahomes when he scored a touchdown against the Bears, counted on his fingers one to ten one other Patrick Mahomes. Fact that is, this is not like breaking news, but it seems like my guess is the vast majority of the audience does not know this. I bet even the producers might not remember this. Everybody knows the Chiefs had Alex Smith when they drafted Patrick Mahomes, right, I think people know that Chiefs team was quite good. So how did they end up having the tenth pick of the draft. It was because during the draft they traded up for Patrick Mahomes. So that then brings the question, does anyone here remember or know who traded away the pick that became Patrick Mahomes. The answer to that question is the Buffalo Bills. Nobody ever thinks about that little What if the Bills, who needed a quarterback, were on the clock with a chance to take Patrick bleeping Mahomes and traded the pick to Kansas City. What they got back, it should be noted, was the Chiefs first rounder, which in that year's draft was like the twenty seventh pick, and the Bills with that pick ended up taking Tradevious White, who an awesome player towards ACL last year but was an all pro level corner, and they got the Chiefs next year first round pick, which they ended up trading, and the next year they drafted Josh Allen. So there was when people remembered this the brief narrative of oh, both teams won. Spoiler alert, folks, Only one team wins when you trade away the pick that becomes Patrick Mahomes, the team that got Patrick Mahomes. There is a bit of you know, the Dallas Mavericks traded up in the draft for Luke A.
Speaker 2: D Ancic.
Speaker 3: They traded away a future first round pick and the fifth pick of the draft, which became Trey Young, nice player. People were like, oh, both teams won. No, both teams did not win. The one team got a nice player. The other team got a guy who's gonna be one of the greatest players in the history of the league. Same thing happened in this situation. One team got a nice player in Josh Allen. Eventually the other team got the guy who might go down as the great player in.
Speaker 2: The history, the second best quarterback in the league.
Speaker 3: Who Josh Allen. Oh wow, no respect for Joe Burrow, no respect for Jalen Hurts. There again, by the way, second straight year. And then we'll get to the actual show. Sorry, I think we're fifteen minutes in. We haven't even gotten to the rundown yet.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Second straight year the Buffalo Bills finish in seventh or eighth place. And I know that you might be like, how do you call it seventh or eighth place? Well, here's what I know. They were in the final eight teams, right, they lost for the second straight year to the team that then lost it in the next round. So if we got to figure out of the four teams that made the division around, if we were to put places on them, well, the guys who would finish in the bottom of that would be the two teams that lost to the two teams that then lost the next round. Last year they lost to the Chiefs, who then immediately lost to the Bengals. This year they lost to the Bengals, who then immediately lost to the Chiefs. I guess now we can start the show now that I got my cursory. Josh Allen Buffalo Bill slander in that no one saw coming, DeLanda, what are we starting with today?
Speaker 4: Twenty minutes in Story of the Week as zero subscribers, Tom Brady unretired at one hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: He unretired.
Speaker 3: He retired, retired.
Speaker 4: Sorry, what a journey has been for all of us, much less fun for Brady obviously. Yeah, he probably didn't have this type of ending in mind. If he could do it all over, do you think he would make the same decisions over the last few years.
Speaker 3: Okay, So this is where I am going to show. I'm gonna take this in a far different direction than I think people expect. So the narrative is that Tom Brady sacrificed things that might have included his marriage in order to pursue football. There is an amazing Seth Wickersham article that came out yesterday that really gives us more details on what happened between he and Giselle than I have seen anywhere. And Seth, who wrote a book on the Patriots, who knows Tom, who's interviewed Tom a ton of times, did Tom verstime all that stuff? Basically says it was the football. It was what we all suspected that the football. That she she was fed up with, how committed he was to football, and how it never seemed like it would end that it was you know that when he won the Super Bowl in Tampa. Uh, she said to him, what more do you have to prove? And he kind of blew her off. And they write in the article about how she would he would Tom would wake up in the mornings ready to go attack the day, and she would already be mad at him and ask him is this a family day or a Tommy day? And it talked about how.
Speaker 2: Somebody other than Tom Brady said all this.
Speaker 3: Seth Wickersham wrote all this, but Seth Wickersham wrote a book on Brady before knows Brady is a great reporter. It's it seemed. It's not like some tabloid stuff. This is a real journalist that clearly has these relationships, that knows these things. So here's where I'm going to say the I think unpopular thing. If you are in the running for the greatest in the history of the world, it's something. There is an argument to be made that your responsibility is to your own talent more so than even your wife and children. Doesn't mean you can treat them poorly, doesn't mean you neglect them any of those things. But I okay, this is again where it's gonna sound crazy to some people. I don't view this that differently than if someone if the greatest astronaut in the world. They were like, listen, man, you're the only person who we can send to Mars. You're the only one who can handle the job. You're going to be gone for four years till you come back. There is an argument to be made that that person has a responsibility to society to take on that charge. And Tom Brady was trying to do things no athlete had ever done. It did not sit well with his wife. That is her prerogative, and she is in a unique position because she was one of the greatest in the history of the world. Had heard thing, and she paused it all for the family.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 3: I think the kids will understand when they get older. I think that there are certain things where it is not the same as if you are a mediocre or mid level corporate lawyer and you're working one hundred hours a week to create no legacy at all because you're obsessed with your job. You are the best ever at something. You had a stated goal, I am going to play until I'm forty five. You wanted to reach it. I get it now, do I understand some people feel like, well, but if he would have just retired two years ago, maybe he's still married. Who knows. Certainly he has the same number of championships. Yes, but you know what, he doesn't have the ability to say yes, the peace of mind to say I accomplished everything I said. I was going to one of the things he said he was going to do with playing until he's forty five. He wanted to do that. And again, I'm not trying to compare myself at all to Tom Brady. I am not the greatest sportscaster in the history of the world. However, what I will say is this. It has been over the last decade of my life, and your mom and I are coming up on our ten year wedding anniversary and fifteen years together. An habitual burr in her saddle, if you will, that there is no level of professional accomplishment that I can achieve that results in me throttling down, that results in me taking my foot off the gas.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 3: There is. She is convinced that the majority of people in my field don't watch all the games, and she's right. She is convinced that I could probably keep up maybe ninety five percent of the accomplishment, success all of it, with fifty percent of the work and she's probably right, but that's not how I'm wired, and that's not the game that I've ever been in, the game that I've always been trying to play is will there be a moment in time? I've said this before and I'll say it again. Will there be a single moment in time where if you did a family feud style, ask one hundred sports fans on the street, who is the best sports talk guy, there is where I get the most votes. I have not gotten there yet in the conversation. Now, if you ask one hundred people, I get a few votes. But I'm not Colin, I'm not skipped. I'm not Steven A. And what can be frustrating for the our loved ones when you are when that is your standard is even if and when you get there, you probably then change what you're chasing next, and it can be incredibly difficult on the people around you. It can be not the best thing for your children. I so and again, and I'm not Brady, but I think we have some similarity as far as drive goes. And these are the sacrifices you make and the decisions that you make if you truly want to be the very very best and you hope that for your children. You there's a couple. There are some positives that come along with the negatives. One is usually some financial independence, that you can give them some money, that you can help them out. Another is the foot in the door professionally in places. And another one is that they are inspired or take with them the lessons of how hard you have to work at anything to be great at anything. And so it's like a push in a pull, Like while I was chasing my job, you were spending your senior year of high school without me. It was back and forth on the weekends. That was not good for you. So I have to own that that was a selfish decision by me for what I wanted to do. That hurt you no, but the and I know you don't blame me for that. You don't have old any bitterness, but I old bitterness against myself for it. The hope is in the long run we at least make it even a bit. While I've been chasing my job, I didn't with Diora, your sister, like probably push her as hard as I should have on a lot of the college and school stuff. I was focused on me. And now she's navigating that, and I help her as I can, and I don't know I'm emotional right now, but like, I see the stuff people are saying about Brady right now, and I think a lot of it's bull like, oh, yep, sacrificed your marriage to go eight and nine. And I just don't think people understand these are not easy decisions. These are not easy things, and people know, we know we are at times putting ourselves first in a selfish way that you're not supposed to as a parent. And it's what I learned from my own dad, right my own dad, who I have massive admiration or absolutely put me and my sister at times on the back burner too negotiating the best bargain possible for the Kansaty firefighters. And his legacy. He's a great dad who I adore. His real life's legacy is not the things he did for me and my sister. His real legacy is the things he did for those firefighters and their families. So like you, but you you have those push and pull things and you make decisions and you deal with the fallout of it. And when I hope that what your sister missed out on on maybe I could have helped her a little more academically. She can I can make up for in Maybe when she's pursuing her acting dream, she sees the vigor and the resolve you have to pursue anything with. And that's what I'm sure Brady. I'm sure that's what Rady is hoping for his kids too, And it's really sad that he and Gisel didn't make it.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: We don't talk about these things, but it's public, and I think it's I think it's out there, and I listen. I hope, I hope somebody, if there's anybody that is in Tom's orbit that is vibes with this podcast or is aware of it, I hope somebody sends him these last ten minutes, because I bro I get it, and I and that farewell video of him alone on the beach choking up. That's hard, man, because he hasn't because it is now over and now he is just alone with those decisions, and you do wonder was it worth it? Did I make the right decision? And you don't know, And so I empathize with you, man, And while you know, I rooted against him about as much as I've ever rooted against any athlete ever. I understand what he was doing the last few years. I totally get it. All right, let's move on to the.
Speaker 2: Next thing, Brady and Lebron.
Speaker 3: No, let's move on to Sean Payton.
Speaker 4: Yep, all right, So Sean Payton is officially heading to Denver once again, Denver has a coach plus a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Who may end up in the Hall of Fame. Yep.
Speaker 4: I know You're Chiefs are in the Super Bowl right now, but you've got to be at least a little worried again.
Speaker 3: It's just already start the reason the Chiefs aren't gonna win the AFC for the thirty fifth straight year. I like Sean Payton. I think Sean Payton's a very good coach. I think this is a team that did not have draft capital to lose, and they just spent a first in a second on a coach. Now, I understand doing that, and I do think Sean Payton will get the most out of Russell Wilson.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: But I don't think that's good. Even if Sean Payton's worth four wins, which is massive, not good enough. And the idea that what happened to Russell Wilson was because of bad coaching. I think that means you weren't watching in the last few years in Seattle. It was a steady decline the last few years in Seattle. People overrated and overvalued that Broncos roster coming into the year. Yes, this is a good hire. Yes, Sean Payton will do a good job. But I'll be totally honest with you. I am thrilled that Sean Payton did not wait for the Chargers shop to open up potentially in a year from now. Because Sean Payton plus Justin Herbert that concerns me to a degree. Sean Payton plus Russell Wilson, the Chiefs will be fine again. The Chiefs have not lost to the Broncos since Obama was president. They're not all of a sudden, That's true. We've had one and a half presidents since then. The idea that the Broncos are all of a sudden gonna be coming for the Chiefs, I don't buy. All right, next, all right, you're.
Speaker 4: Convinced no one in the media cares about Lebron breaking the scoring record. If he had made that layup against Boston, heed to be two points closer by the way. This week he cracked the top four all time and assist and no one seemed to care.
Speaker 2: It didn't really seem like he cared either.
Speaker 4: By the way, if the NBA was scripted, like people were saying, the NFL, is, how would the NBA script writers have Lebron break Kareem's record.
Speaker 3: Well, so here's the thing, you got it. Here's the NBA is not scripted. However the is no no, no, no, no. Of course the NFL it was Aaron Foster was joking around and nobody got it. But while it's not scripted, Lebron can kind of script this out, yeah, because he can decide which games he wants to play and one thousand percent. So here's what I was very confident. Here's what I know. Lebron James is not breaking this record Saturday before the Super Bowl against the Warriors on national Televigenion. And the reason he's not breaking it Saturday before the Super Bowl is because then it gets no media attention at all. Right, he's not doing that. He's just flatly not doing that. He's not gonna have this record fall and it's not bad anywhere. What okay with the guys, here's I'm not a guy who's gonna end up playing more games and more minutes than anyone in the league history. I think he's just bald playing. So they play the Pacers tonight, he's eighty nine away. I don't think he's going to break it in New Orleans on the road. So there's two games at home he could do it, the Thunder game on Tuesday or the Bucks game on Thursday, which is on national television. I am going to guess Lebron targets breaking it for the Thunder game Tuesday night. And here's why, because it then allows that full day that to be a massive discussion point. The next day it to be the only discussion point. And Thursday on T and T on national TV, it's the first game with him as the record holder, and it is a huge story. Why would he not want to break it Thursday on national TV? Because then the next day is the day before the Super Bowl or the Friday before the Super Bowl, it's not a huge topic, and then we have the Super Bowl and it's forgotten. So I think Lakers Thunder is the game. I would want tickets for Lakers Thunder on February twenty seventh is when I think this record is going.
Speaker 2: Down, noe, So you can bet on this.
Speaker 4: Actually, okay, Sees plus twenty hundred plus two hundred, Milwaukee minus one twenty Golden State plus three forty.
Speaker 3: Okay, Golden State is a zero percent chance. Yeah, he would have to miss multiple games and he's not going to They have no backs to backs.
Speaker 4: What I find like, it's not even that this is his plan, but it probably is.
Speaker 2: I just find it kind.
Speaker 4: Of like, how much more like, dude, you're Lebron James. I feel like the Super Bowls gonna happen. You're gonna get coverage no matter what.
Speaker 3: We want more coverage. Yeah, dude, it's breaking. His record is held, Kareem's broke Wilt's record. How about the if the record is that important to everybody? Yeah, gets coverage no matter what sports media's biased against Lebron. We all know this. Okay, you just said it. The guy just became top five assists all time. Nobody talked about it.
Speaker 2: He said, I'm cool off that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but but it's the media's job to cover these things, and you know the media, the media has just decided to pretend Lebron's not having the year he is having Oh, Nick, Yeah, but they're not winning enough. When he plays, they have a better net rating than the Bucks. When he's off the court, they have a worse net rating than the Hornets. So when he plays, they're an A one contender. When he doesn't, they're the worst seem in the league. Oh but Nick, he should play more. He's played more games this year than Steph or Durant. Like find a new slants as they would say. Uh so I would bet the OKC game. All right, next, all.
Speaker 4: Right, the Super Bowl is ten days away and the Eagles still haven't had a true test this year. It's unbelievable. Let's be really nice to cruise of the championship on tested. I don't want to say they're in danger of being frauds, but do you think that they deserve being favored over Mahomes?
Speaker 3: Listen, the Eagles have the advantage at every single spot on the field except for quarterback. They have a better offensive line, they have a better defensive line, They have a better group of pass catchers, they have better running backs, they have better secondary, better linebacker. Now, if you want to break down pass catchers into wide receivers in one group and tight end the other and the Chiefs also have an edge of the tight end. But if we're just saying overall pass catchers, your wide receivers and tight ends, it's the Eagles by far. The question is twofold. One is can Mahomes be magical? And the other is how great is that Philly defense really on the big stage. Well it's not their fault, but these are the quarterbacks they have faced. Okay, golf cousins. Whoever the Commanders were starting that week, the Prince in a rain storm? Remember that one? Prince got Yeah, Kyler Cooper, Rush, Kenny Pickett, Davis Mills, whoever the Commanders were starting that week? Was was the Colts game Matt Ryan or was it? I don't even remember who was starting that Colts game. I gotta I'm gonna check right now. It might have been Ellnger. At that point in time, it was Matt Ryan. They played the Packers, so you know, you give them credit, But if you remember that game, that's the game Aaron Rodgers got hurt and Jordan Love came in the Malik Willis, Daniel Jones, Justin Fields, Dak Prescott who scored forty. Whoever the Saints were playing that week, Andy Dalton, Daniel Jones again, Daniel Jones, I'm sorry, not even Daniel Jones that time. That time it was Davis Webb, then Daniel Jones again, then Brock Purty slash Josh Johnson slash Brock Purty on one arm. So is the Eagles defense ready for Patrick Mahomes. That's the question of the game. Because I give the Eagles credit, however, they were not exactly prepared over the course of the season to play elite quarterbacks. The Chiefs, on the other hand, this year have played in nop and not. I'm not gonna you know what, I will list them all, Kyler Herbert, Matt Ryan, Brady Carr, Josh Allen, Jimmy Garoppolo, Malik Willis, I think for that game, the Prince Herbert again, Baker Mayfield, Joe Burrow, Russell Wilson, Davis Mills, Gino Smith, Russell Wilson, Jared Sidham, the Prince again, Joe Burrow again. So all the top quarterbacks in the league. What do you mean a touch Toougher All of the top quarterbacks except for Jalen. So we'll see, all right, that was a very long first segment.
Speaker 4: We got We actually got a poll. Some people disagree with you. Did the wait not disagree with you? But did the Eagles deserve to be favored against the Chiefs? Fifty three percent say yes, forty seven percent say no.
Speaker 3: Awesome, all rightppreciate that. We will take a quick break, come back answer some of your questions in the sea block. What's right?
Speaker 5: Congratulations on the one hundred k subscribers on YouTube Daddy.
Speaker 3: Maybe this means you could stop talking about Lebron.
Speaker 2: It's getting kind of old.
Speaker 5: So see, this episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheadle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: That's great. I appreciate that from Deanna your mom is gonna fry you by the hair, the fact that there seemed to be like a bag in the back. She is gonna fry you for having that be on the on the screen.
Speaker 2: He has not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point. She's probably not watching. All right, Let's get to the topics. Let's go thank you baby, all right.
Speaker 4: Brock Party is still being evaluated, but might miss more than six months.
Speaker 2: Bad news. But Kyle Shanahan said that there was no scenario with Jimmy G.
Speaker 4: Will come back to San Francisco. Trey Lance isn't good enough. Maybe San Francisco Brady to come back out of retirement again.
Speaker 3: And man Jeanie brought that up on the show yesterday, by the way, like join a team mid season go ahead though, Uh.
Speaker 4: But a lot of people had Brady going to Vegas. Could Josh McDaniels end up with Jimmy G instead.
Speaker 3: I think that's what's gonna happen, right, except for this Rogers Rogers DeVante. But they got the thing with Rogers, you got to trade for him as opposed to just like a first round pick, probably as opposed to signing Jimmy G. Jimmy G would also be cheaper. But Devantae Adams, I don't know is that gonna be in the show today. I don't want to sleep on it too much. Yeah, I don't think it's in here. DeVante Adams was asked what neighborhood Rodgers gonna live in and he said mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cutting Derek Carr to sign Jimmy G seems odd. It seems like it's an exchanging one hundred dollars bill for two fifties. Like, okay, I don't know why, but sure it. But maybe it's because, again, Jimmy G knows McDaniel's system to a degree. I guess because they were together in New England. I think Brady retiring really threw a wrench in the Raiders plan. Yeah, I really believe that. All right, next, all right.
Speaker 4: We sadly will not be having a gambling show this week, sorry to break it to you guys.
Speaker 3: But we will for next week.
Speaker 2: Yep. But if you're betting on the Pro Bowl, please seek hip. Okay.
Speaker 4: There are tons of different ways to bet during the big game, from spreads to props. What is your betting strategy for the Super Bowl? Are there any props you like to Are there any props that you like to bet on every year, Datorade coin toss national anthem, all like no, but here's listen, I'm definitely betting on the coin toss. Why why wouldn't I? I'm either going to hit her.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, well no, okay, so hold on. That sounded bad, uh huh, like obviously every bet that I place, So I'm either going to hit or now. Yeah, but there's a fifty to fifty. It's either it's very black and white.
Speaker 3: Literally, well not literally, the coin's not black and white.
Speaker 4: But it's but you get it, black and white. Heads are tails, yeah, but it's will be black, tails would be white.
Speaker 3: But right now, we could do that. We can just gamble on a coin. You want me to flip the coin right now?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: Well okay, well now I'm worried about you. Maybe so you just want to be something that you have no edge in, no information on, just bet for the sake of betting. We could just bet, like, what's the next color of the next car? Is going to be?
Speaker 2: Plus money? Is my question?
Speaker 3: No, of course not. If it's plus money, the books would go bankrupt. You can't give plus money on a fifty to fifty thing, it's going to be minus money.
Speaker 2: So obviously I wouldn't bet. I wouldn't bet like one hundred bucks on a court toss.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so here's here's my advice. Don't do what Demanse is doing. Let's talk about Demonse's gambling for a moment here, because Demanse.
Speaker 2: Yes, eleven bucks that I got from a vanduel.
Speaker 3: I understand. Let me finish Demanse's you know, was instagramming look at the Yeah, this is how I went. Demanse was instagramming his NBA teasers yesterday and then also an NBA parlay, so it is worth noting that is eleven dollars NBA parlay that he needed to go six for six on. You do know you went oh for six.
Speaker 2: Right because the nets are trash?
Speaker 3: No, because all of your bets.
Speaker 2: Were obviously if I missed all of them. Yeah, over.
Speaker 3: But then Demanse also tweeted out a fifteen point or fourteen point NBA teaser, which a fourteen point sixteen teaser is minus two fifty. So here's the part of the of gambling that Demanse's yet to grasp. And I blame myself Demanse hates even money bets, can't stand minus money bets. Wait, I have to wager. So you're telling me if I bet twenty I would win fifteen gross.
Speaker 2: No way.
Speaker 3: However, he somehow somewhere in his brain it doesn't make the connection when it comes to minus money bets. Well, but if I just bet a massive amount of money, now the return's great. So so he puts together a sixteen fourteen point teaser and doesn't bet it correct.
Speaker 2: No at that.
Speaker 3: But he showed one thousand dollars to win four hundred and put on ig keep an eye out on this. I got scared him back, doubt and considering the eleven dollars one would win me the same amount as one thousand dollars one would screw it? Right, And one of the legs of the sixteen teasers the nets plus twenty three twenty three. How do you they were? I mean they were down forty forty one thirteen. Yeah, oh my god, I do you have been buddy?
Speaker 4: Oh no, man, that's it's just crazy that I also bet against the Celtics on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is wild.
Speaker 3: Okay, this so please please please don't do NBA teasers. I beg of you football teasers. There is some value if you do them right. I've been gambling for twenty five years, since I was thirteen years old, playing my dad in nine ball for two bucks a ball. I've never placed an NBA teaser in my life. They are not good bets.
Speaker 2: This go ahead.
Speaker 4: This might make you feel a little bit better or not, I don't know. But uh, those bets in that placed last night helped me realize how much more I know about football than I know about basketball.
Speaker 3: Now, of course, because you've been watching it all season, and if you so much more predictably, like the scoring isn't so right, there's no betting the NBA is impossible, and now it.
Speaker 2: And the lines are kind of like they're they kind of you.
Speaker 3: Well, there's just so many ways to get screwed at the end. Yeah, there are back door covers in football. The entirety of NBA betting is back door covers, and it's just so frustrating. And then teams down, you're you're getting seven and a half and a team is down seven with eight seconds left and decide to foul even though that it's just so many yeah. Uh, But to answer the question, my guide to betting the Super Bowl is this, if you want to have a bunch of different props. The juice the big on these prop bets is so substantial that what some people try to do is like bet uncorrelated props, so like I'll take Mahomes overpassing touchdowns and Jalen Hurts overpassing yards and this, and do things that don't tell a narrative story, with the idea being I have you know the Chiefs have a big game, all win this one. If the Eagles have a big game, all win this one and leave yourself very little chance to win both or right. That's a terrible idea in my opinion when it comes to the Super Bowl, because the juice is so high on these that if you break even, if you make ten bets and win five lose five, you're gonna lose a ton of money because they're minus one twenty and minus won twenty five bets. So the way I would recommend if you want to bet Super Bowl props is figure out how you the specific script of how you think the game is going to go, and make six or seven bets that follow that narrative script, understanding there is a chance you go over. So Chiefs Niners Super Bowl. I did that, Jimmy Garoppolo over interceptions, Patrick Mahomes over passing yards, Patrick, you know, and the Chiefs to cover all that stuff. And I hit almost every single bet, the Chiefs buck super Bowl. I did that, and I literally lost every single bet I played. So you've got to be prepared for that. But that's how I would recommend it.
Speaker 4: So you're saying, like, figure out a storyline that you think is gonna happen, and.
Speaker 3: Then build your bets accordingly, not randomly haphazardly. So if you think the Eagles the Chiefs aren't gonna be able to block the Eagles, and the Eagles are going to run the ball down the Chief's throat, you bet under on Mahomes touchdowns. You might bet under on Jail and Hurts passing yards, you bet over on Philly rushing yards, and you bet under on Chiefs rushing yards because they're going to be trailing and having to throw the football. Right, that's the narrative script. If you think Mahomes scripted, No it's not scripted, but it's a script. You think it's going to go that, uh and so, but we can talk more about that in Monday's Gambling show. All right, we've got a game.
Speaker 4: Yes, this game one hundred k recap Yeah, aged just right. We're playing two different games. Actually, no, it's same thing. Yeah, we're celebrating reaching one hundred thousands.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, make sure that I don't know. But it's like it's like a fine wine ages, like wine and cheese.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, we're celebrating reaching one hundred thousand subscribers. Let's look back at your takes from episode one back in March of last year and see how well they age. Okay, it's called aged just right. Okay, First off, we got Brady retirement. We had to re record our first show due to some breaking news. Brady came out of retirement after forty days to ruin our weekend.
Speaker 2: You were a fan, you weren't a fan. Let's see it. We're gonna show a little thing for the folks on YouTube.
Speaker 3: And so this is the worst retirement ever. It's worse than either of Jordan's anything far did Roger Clemens in George's Box. It's worse than that worst retirement ever. Yeah, I mean because it was a fake retirement. Yeah, I think that AG's right. Uh, I stand by that take. This was the worst. What I mean, he retired for forty days.
Speaker 4: So so since that one, it's that you're saying that was the worst retirement.
Speaker 2: This next question is easy. Yeah, this retirement was much better than that.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, of course, because this retirement's gonna be a real retirement. It's gonna take, it's gonna keep. All right, it ends up not being a real well, that would be wild, but that did happen with Jordan. Jordan unretired years later, so we'll see, all right next.
Speaker 4: All right, Kyrie has popped up quite a bit on the show, and even in episode one, so let's see it.
Speaker 3: All right, Kyrie Irving, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Kyrie Irving?
Speaker 4: Is growing on you, exhausting you, or he's not relevant at all?
Speaker 3: Okay, this one's very easy. Exhausting. I don't think he's gonna be eligible for home games, and I don't think the Nets are getting out of round one, and they can find other people to blame, but this is Kyrie's choice from beginning to end.
Speaker 2: Oh, that aged pretty well, I think it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can go ahead and ask the rest of the question, but I think that aged beautifully.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that was about five scandals ago. A year later, the nets are looking good and he's been averaging twenty seven to five and five this year.
Speaker 2: Is it possible this take won't age?
Speaker 3: Well, No, I don't think. No, I mean, and also I mean because that was about last season. But also it's just that, I mean, he's a spectacular talent. It's not a winning player. Yes, say's a great example. You're playing Boston. The fans are out to get you. They swept you out of the playoffs last year. You don't have Durant and you're down thirty nine to nine.
Speaker 4: That's like scripted for Kyrie Irving to go off exactly right.
Speaker 3: It's just like this should be, even if you don't win, you know what I mean, for a night, be the best player on the court, right, And instead the team came out with no energy, no nothing, got their asses kicked. All right? Next?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: So you you asked me to keep you one promising episode one, let's see it.
Speaker 3: Well, first episode you're gonna stay to this.
Speaker 2: I'm done.
Speaker 3: I'm out on black and miles. You have to keep me honest. If you catch me smoking a black and mild, you have to tell the audience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean this is on records.
Speaker 3: This one's on record, so we're in so black and miles out. That wasn't great? Yeah, I haven't done a great job. You haven't done a great job.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I definitely haven't been snitching on you.
Speaker 3: No, and I haven't done a great job. You do you miss it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You're growing it back out? Okay, all right, last one. I guess all right, do.
Speaker 2: You remember our first argument on this show?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, what was it? D being a better score?
Speaker 3: Oh? So dumb? Let me do we have video of it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Let me see this guy. That's a bad take.
Speaker 4: Kevin Durant is easily a better score than Lebron James.
Speaker 2: But you watch Kevin Durant play.
Speaker 3: I wasn't listening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I forgot.
Speaker 3: How is that aged? Now that Lebron's literally about to become the greatest score in the history of the league, I'm just curious. I'm just curious. He's about to pass Scareing for all time points in the season. He's still averaging thirty points a game, more available than Durant too. How's your take age.
Speaker 4: When when I say scoring, I mean three point like all that stuff like Lebron obviously gets a lot of these layups and foul calls and stuff, so well, he.
Speaker 3: Doesn't get a lot of foul calls anymore. As illustrated by that, Celtics seams to know. But so you mean shooting.
Speaker 4: Katie's probably missed more time with injury than Lebron. Yeah, well, it's important to be available for your teammates. Uh so you mean shooting, not scoring? Shooting scoring? I mean, I bet you, I bet you. If Lebron James at the beginning of the season and Katie at the beginning of the season, everybody they both just played to the end of the season. Nobody gets hurt. Katie out scores Lebron this season, and they're about same age with Katy's like three years younger, four years younger or yeah, maybe five. But uh okay, dude, peak peak scoring KD is better than peak scoring Lebron to me, in my opinion, maybe I.
Speaker 3: Have just record I mean record books says something differently, but yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: That's longevity longevity.
Speaker 3: How many points per game do you think Kevin Durant averages for.
Speaker 2: His career, oh, career, for his career.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd say about twenty seven twenty eight.
Speaker 3: How many do you think Lebron averages?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: So Kevin Durant for his career is twenty seven point three, and let's go ahead and check Lebron Dams for his career is twenty seven point two. So they average the exact same amount of points. And this year d Lebron is averaging thirty point two and Katy's averaging twenty nine point seven. So I don't know. Seems like, yeah, seems like, what are you laughing about? What's so funny? I'm just curious?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what with I think one of those numbers was higher than the other one.
Speaker 3: Twenty seven point three verse twenty point two. Yea who runs a tenth.
Speaker 2: Of a point twenty seven point three?
Speaker 3: Was that Katie for an out? Yes, Katie is ahead of him by a tenth of a point. My but I knew that. My point is the the idea that Durant's this generational score I agree with. But I would think the guy who averages the exact same amount of points and has done it far longer, I don't know. And I wonder hold on career UH shooting percentage, career shooting percentage by the way, Durant is forty nine point eight and Lebron is fifty point five, so they average the exact same amount of points, and Lebron's slightly more phishing. I don't know seems relevant to me answer your questions. Next, what's right?
Speaker 6: Who wanted to congratulate you all on one hundred thousand subscribers, It's Danny Parkins and occasional but not nearly frequent enough contributor is Nick Congrats man, You truly are the Julius Irving of your own show. And by that I mean, by my account, you are the eleven most important person for the show. Getting to one hundred thousand followers. A Chance comes in at number ten, Kara at nine, Victor at eight, Gabe Goodwin comes in at number seven. You got the dog bump by having your very cute dog, Dexter. Deanna coming in at number five, the set designer at Trentidge. Then of course Matt Ford, the executive producer, one of the best producers in the business. Wheezy comes in at number two, Demonse at number one, So congrats Demonse and crew and Julius Serving aka Nick wright Man. Maybe at two hundred thousand you could crack your own top ten.
Speaker 3: That's why you text me yesterday. Me is Matt, the executive producer of the show. That's why why he didn't tell me why he was asking me. Yeah, he asked me, and Matt I told him I didn't know if it was you were Gabe. I didn't know. I don't know how the titles work at Blue Duck, So yeah, he asked me.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: By the way, speaking of hitting the one hundred thousand, we did it at the top of the shoe. But I do really really appreciate the folks, especially the folks who've been here from the very beginning and the new folks as well. It's a really a hell of an accomplishment and it was kind of a pie in the sky goal for us to hit within the first year. I'm super excited about it. There's demons holding money and a plaque right now he has neither. Ye all right, you want to read the fan questions?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 3: Do you have them?
Speaker 4: Just let's just go all right, Jady Watson said, Realistically, what does mahomes resume have to look like to be considered the goat?
Speaker 3: I think he's allowed to be in the discussion. Once he gets to four rings, I think, because right you are. You still have some people that think Montana is better than Brady. Montana's got four you have the I think the fact of the matter is if he gets to four rings and it has the you look across other sports, like Jordan doesn't have the most rings, he is the second most rings, and he's considered by many the goat, right like the you don't always have to match the ring count, but you can't be in the Rogers situation where you have all these regular season accolades and only one championship. So winning this year would put him, I think, on track to do it. But he's also got to play for a very long time. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: People are so obsessed with that, like with not admitting that they're witnessing greatness right now. I notice like they like saying that the best was a long.
Speaker 3: Time of course. Yeah, it's so irritating.
Speaker 4: I totally not you th JD all right, next, but bear bands said Nigga Devons. If Ravens like oh Lamar, what are the chances the forty nine ers can get him? Congrats one hundred thousand followers or subscribers. This is my first time watching live, but I have watched most of your post.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you so much, bear Bands. I think the the Niners have basically no chance of getting Lamar. Look, they're not He's not going to be let go of it. He might be traded. If he's traded, it will be for a massive haul. And the Niners don't have the assets. Right, So they traded picks for Trey Lance, and then they traded picks for Christian McCaffery. Right, So I would say the Niners have basically no chance of getting Lamar.
Speaker 4: Next, all right, if you're, as George said to Demons, get his significant cash bonus for hitting on a hundred thousand subscribers, that's the real question.
Speaker 3: Not yet he will he's getting that bonus, I commit to everyone. Uh, he's getting that bonus when he gets the plaque. It's gonna be a whole ceremony that he'll do all at once. Okay, so, but I'm not welching, but I have not yet paid it out.
Speaker 4: Next, all right, sky Lukewalker said, does Demonse know? Does Demond know he wouldn't have to wear two pairs of pants if he didn't have big.
Speaker 2: Holes in the knees. Yeah, dude, it's cold outside.
Speaker 4: So I just I just prefer to mix it up with you guys, and I want you guys to see the same black jeans every time. I also don't want to wear shorts, so I'm trying to give you it'll.
Speaker 3: Preview of Demonse does not like when he gets roasted for his sartorial decisions.
Speaker 4: Oh no, at this point it's I actually, I actually don't mind it. These guys just don't have as much drip as me, and that's understood. But uh, but yeah, it keeps me warm. And like I said, the black pants need a break every once in a while. I can't just keep wearing them, all right, last one, go ahead, all right, Matt Ford as so, so it's the tails.
Speaker 2: We'll flip a coin in the control room and sell your bed. You want to do it, Let's put twenty.
Speaker 3: Bucks on it, right, Why don't we put your whole bonus?
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: No, see that is a problem. No, I would do it, But that is a problem if you would say that. Don't flip Wait, wait, flip the coin though. Hold I've got heads, all right, flip it. This is for nothing. Hold on, this is for absolutely nothing. For nothing. Let's just see this could have been for wait, whoa wait.
Speaker 2: I have a question. How are we flipping it?
Speaker 3: Are we doing the flip catch and then whatever?
Speaker 2: Straight up on the on the on the surface.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're doing flip flip. Yeah. Heads or tails?
Speaker 2: Call it. I've still got heads. Let's go go, Matt.
Speaker 3: Let's see. This is why people watch on YouTube. Hold on, that one didn't count. Don't say what it is. You didn't even catch it, Matt. It is pathetic there it is heads or tails? What is it? What is it? Matt?
Speaker 2: Let's go old a man man, see you look at it?
Speaker 3: How mad he is? Look at how mad he is? Great show, love you guys. See you guys on Monday with a listener and viewer based show What's Right.