Speaker 1: Here's a sneaky preview of this week's vip Lounge. We're talking about Meghan mark Gall and her new Netflix show The Golden Globes, Justin Trudeau. It's all here, Patreon, dot com, slash, CBC, thepod. It's only five bucks a month to get in there. Now. Well, if you couldn't make it work in the Biden years, I don't know what you're thinking is happening now. It's not the time for American Canadian British expats.
Speaker 2: It's you know what, this show should have been on PBS if she won't. I mean, if I was her branding, if I was her publicist, I would say, do a PBS show and like that's genius, right because you would illy rebran and make her less cheesy. I I mean, or this slow country show.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing about Megan. Okay, so she came in this she did a very like classically like liberal thing where she was like, I'm gonna like reform an institution. I'm gonna like I'm gonna be the change that this monarchy, this like boring old institution they don't cares about anymore, needs to like enliven in. I'm going to be the first princess of color. I'm going to be the first, like you know, I'm going to be the new Diana and I'm going to really like change things and then we all know what happened with that, and I'm just like, so, then, like then if you want to be if you saw this like liberal dream of like being Diana and being loved for being the humanitarian, why don't you go, like why don't you go like deliver meals to gaza or something like or like literally be so student. It's like and yet she's just like, no, I'm gonna try to be this like insanely vague Martha Stewart like and still death is the liberal death. It's just like everyone becoming like I just want to be an insfluencer.
Speaker 2: It's like where it's like right, like you literally could be like out there giving food out but no, and everyone be like oh and she could like go silent on social and it would just be like reports of her like in Afghanistan.
Speaker 1: It would literally be the only good thing for her career is to literally stop the man go to gaza. But I guess the thing is and it's like fucking done that. When she was the goddamn princess.
Speaker 2: But she was like, no, no, let's move to La and leave my children.
Speaker 1: Let me leave the Princess Marie because oh that'll.
Speaker 2: Get we Also, let's not put all the blame on Megan.
Speaker 1: I mean, she and Harry made that choice, and we read the book, we know we were there whatever.
Speaker 2: And in this trailer also there's like one shot of like her and Harry, so it's like people are like, oh, phew, we will get some of like that inside look over her and Harry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love to see their love come alive.
Speaker 2: And he's being so like sleeves rolled up Mama Sita and like picking up a child.
Speaker 1: And then it's like split second done, I don't know, and made me even like matter her again though in this way, because I was just like, you've left us with just Will and Kate who are so boring and her like unless cancer. That's it for the preview. If you want to hear the entire episode and get another one, just like at every single Friday, go to patreon dot com slash CBC the Pod and subscribe once again. That's Patreon dot com slash CPC Thebod. Happy New Year,