Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Masser, a longer term standick. Let's get to some stocks on the move with us to do that as Bloomberg News process A reporter Janita Sikov, she's here in studio. You want to start with retail stocks.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had a grave day for this SMP, but not so much for the retail sector. That was the one that was heard the most after we learned that Supreme Court would then release it is highly anticipated decision today.
Speaker 4: Two names I'm.
Speaker 5: Looking at under Armour and Coles, both of them were down about six percent today. Really a lot of pressure there. We saw some of those name rallying into closer to the decision, so there was some optimism there. And another thing with the delay of the decision is that there has been so much uncertainty and all those retail names have been under so much pressure that you can see that any delay is weighing additionally on that. It's not only those names we have Lulu Lemon, we have Best buy, we have American ego. All of those are under a lot of pressure today. Now we know the Supreme Court decision is moved to Wednesday. But even with that, we know that a lot of companies like Costco are suing for a refunds. But even if the decision is against the Supreme Court, then their decision about the refunds may move to lower courts. So it's still we're going back to that uncertainty and certainty, uncertainty, and the victim of that is retail socks.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk a little bit about what's going on with Intel, another company on your radar.
Speaker 3: I feel like the chip sector, there's been a lot of movement today to the upside.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Intel has been doing so well. It rolls more than ten percent. This is the highest level since March twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Of course, the ticker is i NTC.
Speaker 5: It's coming also from us by the White House. President Trump praise Intel CEO after their meeting. They had a meeting at White House. After that he took over social media and he said, we met a great deal, and so did Intel. There is a lot of optimism there and of course they recently had.
Speaker 4: A new CEO takeover. There has been a lot of optimism since then. He's been really.
Speaker 5: Showing up a lot of the troubled business. But yet we're just we're yet to see if the new investment is actually paying off and all those new chips are going to prove, and whether Intel can actually take a serious share of that business despite the big rally we're saying in the stock.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I envy the position of a corporate executive who is in charge of a company that has US ownership. It's all, well, you know, the tweets are great or that social media posts are great when the stock is up, But when the stock goes down, is that phone the ring? And yeah, is there going to be an angry president on the other side of that.
Speaker 3: I don't know, But it's certainly a new world order, right Like It's just kind of blows my mind. I think a lot of people when you think about the US government ownership and Intel so directly right versus maybe some other type of policy see to support the industry of the company, specifically from chips to guacamali, we go to lunch bowls.
Speaker 4: It's very.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, we've been talking about the lunch bowl era ending, but we're seeing some optimism there.
Speaker 4: Two names, Chipotle and Cava.
Speaker 5: Both their them have initiated coverage A tails the advisory group and the initiation is starting with overweight, So pretty bullish I think there. Chipotle is up on the news as much as two percent. The tickers courses, c MG.
Speaker 4: Cava also gained all the news.
Speaker 5: It was up as much as three point six percent. Now the games are a little bit smaller, but still a lot of optimism there.
Speaker 4: The ticker, of course is see av A.
Speaker 5: We're seeing an interesting trend in Chipotle, and I'm sure you've seen any other brands.
Speaker 4: It's all about proteins.
Speaker 5: They've introduced those menus that have so much proteins, like thirty grams.
Speaker 4: They always have a lot of proteins.
Speaker 5: Even if you go to Sweet Green, I think it was like one hundred grams of protein. It's like a constant umping up those numbers. And there is a tam there. They're saying she putally remains on track to become a leading global restaurant. Same thing for Cava. What done is this pointing out that some young Cris Summers are wary and perhaps are not going back to those brands in twenty twenty five was definitely a softiear for those launch balls we've been talking about, But maybe there is more good news going ahead.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.