Speaker 1: Best Bits of the week with Morgan Listener Q and A. Here we are listener Q and A time. Amy is still with me, she hasn't left yet, but we got some shout outs to start with you ready for these? These make you feel good shout out from Karen Unmedicated. Amy is so funny and I love her defending lunch.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks.
Speaker 1: We got Emily who says she loves what you bring to the show and you're a genuine Jim, genuine Jim Jim.
Speaker 2: That genuine, genuine Jim.
Speaker 1: Thank you. And then Amy Lynne said, great job with these weekend podcasts. They're getting better and better. And she had a fun question for you that I'm leaving at the very end of this because I also kind of want to know. And then Jennifer said, I appreciate you ladies being honest with your life journeys, struggles and strengths.
Speaker 2: So oh well, those make you.
Speaker 3: Feel good to start, Yeah, especially the Unmedicated one, because I have felt a little bit. Actually I felt nervous, but I really honestly have felt good. But then I wonder if my version of good is okay.
Speaker 1: Well, if it's your if you feel good and it's your version then you keep probing with it.
Speaker 3: I know, I just don't know it's translating because you know, like right now you can't see, but I shake a lot more when I'm not on my you know, ADHD stuff Like I'm constantly like shaking or twitching or.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, this is why you need one of the fidget rings. You can start playing with them and that'll help. It's okay, you're doing great and I'm proud of you.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: We got starting off Julie in North Carolina celebrity interview where we've maybe blacked out from nerves or starstruck.
Speaker 3: I've never blacked out from nerves at all. When I saw Reese Witherspoon one time backstage at the CMA's or something, I.
Speaker 1: Regret just because you were kind of geeking out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely was like, hi, like I've I mean, I guess I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not even bear. I don't know. Maybe I was a little embarrassed, like.
Speaker 3: If I were to be able to watch me doing that, you know, like hovering above just to see, I'd probably be embarrassed for myself.
Speaker 2: But also in the moment, it's like, well whatever, when.
Speaker 3: When Doy you don't always get to see Reeze Witherspoon coming out of a door right when you're walking by. And it was backstage, very intimate. Its like there was tons of people and then out opens this door and then out walks Witherspoon. You're like you have to say hi, and that you're like a big fan.
Speaker 2: So I did that.
Speaker 3: I guess I don't regret it, but I mean I didn't pass out, but I think I overreacted.
Speaker 1: That's okay. Geeking out, I think is better than the other, which is like you go totally crazy or you just like freeze up. Yeah, you know, so at least it's still genuine. I had that kind of similar moment with Lance Bass at Iheartfest.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 1: I gotta meet him, and I think what came out of my mouth was I love everything you guys have done. Yeah, and that's not a horrible thing to say, but it just wasn't It wasn't very poised. It was just kind of like word vomit. So I do feel that that was Lance Bass. But the one where I had major, major nerves. The first big interview I ever did was with Garth Brooks and it was in Wichita. I got sent to his press conference. He was doing like six shows in Wichita, and this was the first major major star and I wasn't planning on talking to him doing anything. I was just there for the press conference for social media and he looks at me, he goes, are you gonna ask me any questions? And I was like, ah, yeah. So I just like pulled my boots on and I was like, Okay, here we go. And I interviewed Garth Brooks. But I was so nervous because it was Garth Brooks and I wasn't at all prepared. I didn't have anything. Like he just was willing to talk to every single outlet.
Speaker 2: And I was like, tell you is yeah, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: And I was new. I was so green. I had no idea what was happening. So that one was crazy. I think after I have no idea what I said, no idea, and he just like kind of walked with me through it like a dad and a daughter.
Speaker 3: Also, it was probably a good person to get for the first time because he will walk you through it, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's so good at it. Danielle in Kentucky, not Daniella. Daniel in Kent. He wants to know your top five traits you're looking for and a guy.
Speaker 2: Oh funny.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind I haven't prepared o.
Speaker 2: But like I mean.
Speaker 3: Breezy, like you know, I don't think, sorry, let me think like gray, like living in the gray, like able to bend not you know, like.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Okay, you but.
Speaker 3: Easy going it's different than easy going. I guess it's easy going, but I don't want you to just be like, go with the flow all the time. It's more like I want you to have firmstances, but also if things need to pivot or change, it's not so difficult. And then Bendy's a great word, and it's like you can evolve. So it's it's it's easygoing sort of fits. But I feel like it's different than that too. That's fair, But I probably should have said easygoing over bendy.
Speaker 1: No, I like bendy. We'll stick with it. It just.
Speaker 2: Like not so black and white.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, more gray, Okay, we like it.
Speaker 3: Funny that likes the outdoors, likes kids.
Speaker 2: Uh, but I don't know. I here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I want kids more younger than I have okay, because one of my friends is like, Amy, why are you not going to go out with them? I was like, here's three young kids or four? Four young kids? I think, because yeah, you have two young kids.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, yeah, but they're fourteen, almost fourteen, and almost seventeen.
Speaker 1: That's very different.
Speaker 2: Than like, you know, four year old, eight year old and nine year old. I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I'm so maybe more somebody with teens like that. What else I think there's I mean, obviously the you know, I feel like these are givens, like you should say that you feel like you can trust them, that there's open communication. Maybe we have farveists for past five okay, well, but these are some of the obvious you know, yeah, so what are but what are?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: I'm just sharing what everyone should expect for themselves as someone that is a good communion career and you can trust yes and take that take.
Speaker 1: Away the obvious ones, which I do that with Ben.
Speaker 2: By the way, like Ben and I have grown a lot.
Speaker 3: He's a lot more in the gray than he used to be, and I totally trust him and I think that's why we co parent well too.
Speaker 2: It's almost like.
Speaker 3: We've worked on a lot of the stuff that we needed to work on. So I'm like, well, probably I wonder if sometimes we could have just made it work.
Speaker 2: But do late now?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, you know people that get divorced and get back together. I don't know. Everything is by situations. Sometimes you have to fall apart to come back together. True, So if that's what's meant to happen, then this had to happen too, I know. So did I say?
Speaker 2: I'm all? I did because I have more?
Speaker 1: You said, no, Okay, take away all of the things that are normal and that like most people look for what are like five kind of unique.
Speaker 3: I feel like the bandy is whany you get the funny.
Speaker 2: Not everybody is looking for someone that's funny.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I really want more.
Speaker 3: Laughter in my life these days. I would really appreciate it if they were super handy, Like I like someone that knows how to fix something. My dad was very handy, So I don't know what's going on with that, but I find that really attractive. Like I dated a guy in college that could fix anything, and we were we were in our young twenties, you know, well, and he knew how to do all kinds of things, and I just was so attracted that and because my dad could do it.
Speaker 1: Even if they can't do it, they're willing to figure it out. That's also attractive. If they're like, yeah, no, I'll figure it out.
Speaker 3: Ye. But they figure it out, and they actually figure it out. It's not like they're just trying to be stubborn and be like no, no, no oh, I don't need to hire anybody.
Speaker 2: I got this, and then it ends up a hot mess.
Speaker 1: No, it's like an attractive like, yeah, let me try and figure this out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: So Bindi and Handy.
Speaker 3: Yeah they're open to Yeah. Well we've talked about willing to evolve and grow and.
Speaker 1: Yes that's important.
Speaker 2: Therapy like that's and that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Common interest was like friends like doing they're downb for like group activities and having lots of fun with friends. Okay, that could also sound bad. Bindy and group activity, Daniel.
Speaker 1: I think we've also made Amy habs our like introspective character.
Speaker 2: And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know, I do, I do know what you mean. I think those are great quality things. But I'm sorry for putting you on so made you think about it. We got Sierra in California. Who wants to know how you spend your time with when your kids are with their dad, Like.
Speaker 2: I try to get more work done.
Speaker 3: I also watched this when I watch a lot of my shows because when I have the kids, I don't I hike with friends because I don't in all hike. Like there's a certain place I like to hike where you can't take dogs on the trails. You can only take it on the road. And so when the kids are gone, the dog is also gone. Because the dog is every other part goes with them, right, So I get to hike up in the trails on my weeks off.
Speaker 1: Have you go into any of the waterfalls around here?
Speaker 3: No? But I love It's on my list. Yeah, you told me about some good ones to go to, and I have. I just keep going to the places that are easy.
Speaker 2: To get to.
Speaker 1: Well, it's also hard if you doing it on weekday, Like those are definitely a weekend activity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I probably should do that.
Speaker 3: Well, Like this Friday night on the kids and I've got like some girlfriends coming over to watch.
Speaker 2: That movie Parachute.
Speaker 1: I never heard of that one.
Speaker 3: It just came out recently, but it's about body image and two of the girls coming or therapists. I think they are just very interested in watching it. Brittany Snow, I think it produced it. It's loosely maybe based on some of her experiences with her eating disorder and body image stuff. But it's called parachute. So that's how we spending with time.
Speaker 2: I hope we get tay food.
Speaker 1: I don't know yet, Oh fun, are you on a Tai food kick right now? No?
Speaker 3: But I've eve been craving it and I'm hoping that when I throw it out there that everyone's be like, oh, yeah, Tye food. But if not, I could just get it for myself.
Speaker 2: But when your order you can do that.
Speaker 1: It's easier to get.
Speaker 3: It from one place. Or maybe we'll just cook and make things. But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I spend a lot of time with my cat Maggie. Yeah, she's so adorable. She is so pretty lame.
Speaker 1: No, that's not lame. I like all the things you're doing. You're in a very fun season and you're doing pine needles too.
Speaker 2: And now I'm gonna work on my part. So if you need.
Speaker 1: Help with that, lemon, know I've gotten really good. I've quite the green thub.
Speaker 2: Now, oh, I know like you've got it down, but I.
Speaker 1: Did not four years ago when I first started, I did not. I have no idea what I was doing.
Speaker 3: So I've got some trees that need to come up and then new ones need to go down. And I did have a lawn company quote me. And when I got the quote, I'm like, what, I feel like I could do.
Speaker 1: This, Like you got to pull them out and put new ones in?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How big you are the trees?
Speaker 2: I don't They're not huge? Are they about like bushes?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, we can do that.
Speaker 2: We can, are you sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I guess it depends on how deep the roots go.
Speaker 1: But you may have to take a picture. Let me see how.
Speaker 3: Actually I have a picture because I just send it to the our people. I'll send it to you.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I think we could. Okay, just let me know we can. We can figure it out. All right, We're gonna take a quick break. We'll be right back. Lindsay from Virginia and Kinsey from Vancouver both asked this, what is something we're looking forward to most this summer? And I can give you seconds to think if you need it too, because I have something just because I already saw.
Speaker 2: It might get my tonsils out.
Speaker 1: You're looking forward to that, No, but.
Speaker 3: I've had some issues with them for a while, and it's like I finally have the time that I might do it. Like I finally went into the year nose and throat doctor, and yeah, figured it out. So I think this might actually be the summer during some of our time off because I've had these throat issues for years. But because of our job, it's difficult to have that downtime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta have read every time.
Speaker 2: And talking and lah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I have a crazy story about tonsil surgery. My oldest sister woke up when she was getting her tonsils out hill and it was not So I have like trauma tonsil surgery because of the things she's told me that happened during it. But that was a really long time ago. Yeah, so I don't think medicine is where that was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it will be. I think it'll be good. I mean, and just like fun things. I mean, my daughter's me working a lot of summer camps. She's signed up for almost every single camp so much so I don't know when we're going to take a trip, Like if we do something because she wanted to work so much, which will be great, And I told her, like, you can, you don't have to work certain weeks, like and we can go do something. She's like, I want to try to work as much as I can this summer. And I'm like, okay, So I don't want to take that from her.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think, oh, oh, I'll tell you, okay, tonsils. But also, my niece is going to come live with me for six weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh fun.
Speaker 1: She wants to explore Nashville.
Speaker 3: Or is yeah, she has to do an internship and so she's going to intern for me for six weeks. Like she goes to University of Colorado and so she lives in Boulder and or is it Colorido University? I think's University of Colorado, And I guess she's a business major.
Speaker 2: She's got to do an internship. I have a business I'll like it.
Speaker 3: She was so nervous to ask me to, Like she texts me this really long text like you can say no, it's fine, and I was like, what are you kidding? Like I would love to have you, Like she's gonna help with podcast stuff and some social thing and I'm introducing her to a couple of other friends in town that have like other types of businesses, not in you know, media, just so she can have different experiences and so if they want to use her for a little bit, because it's not like I'll have things for her all day, but she's going to live with me, and then you know, maybe one day she can go shadow them and see what's going on there and maybe offer feedback to them. Like I told her, I was like, you should really give your input as a young person, like how you think something should be done, or what you think could be good for companies at your age. Just exercising that part of her brain and speaking up. And I love that about her. I think she really will, so I'm excited to get her insight as a young person.
Speaker 1: Oh that'll be so fun.
Speaker 3: And I think it'll be fun for my kids to have their cousin living with them for you know, she just turned twenty one too, so that's really good. You can like go to Bartaco and go to Margarita.
Speaker 1: Ooh, which'll be weird, crazy but fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: H mine is my sister is getting married in July. Yeah, and I'm really thrilled about that made of honor. I'm gonna come with them made of honor speed. It's going to be a crazy time. And I have her bachelorette coming up. But Amy, I have five weddings this year, three of which I am in. Oh my gosh, I want to like kind of curl up in a ball. I'm loving it. I'm so excited for all the love and all my people getting married, and it's crazy. We are in crazy times right now. I'm having a twenty seven dresses moment.
Speaker 2: So that I mean, can you read can you wear the same dress to some of them? Or can you do? Well?
Speaker 3: How what are they being like with the dresses? Did they pick them out or do you get to pick it out yourself? It just has to be a certain color.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we get to pick them out, so at least we get it, like decide what they are.
Speaker 3: I was on Rent the Runway the other day and they have bridesmaids dresses, so you can rent okay, and you look at that one based on color.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really exciting. It's just a lot happening. Like my whole year this year is all wait, anytime you see me away, I'm doing something related to the wedding, whether it's a bachel rep trip or wedding or bridal shower anything. So it's that kind of year, all right. What is one piece of advice you would give to someone who went through a divorce from Angela?
Speaker 3: I guess it just depends on if you have kids or not kids, because I think that that's the big thing or your circumstance. Like everything that's coming to my mind is so specific or coming to my mind is so specific to my relationship with Ben, who is someone that's been in my life since I was nine years old, and I am close to his parents, and so I'm doing things differently like.
Speaker 2: I been and I still talk.
Speaker 3: I still communicate with his parents regularly, like they'll always be my life. Because for some people, my advice might be cut it off all communication, there's no reason you don't need to talk. It depends on what the circumstances are, because that might absolutely be what my advice would be, cut it off and move on, or it might be what can you do to have a healthy relationship chip and communicate well, especially if there's kids involved and set boundaries. I guess that would be my advice. Not knowing your circumstance. Establish what your boundaries are early on and stick with them, but also be BINDI because boundaries may need to shift and change depending.
Speaker 2: On things that evolve. You know.
Speaker 3: I feel like, you know, if the other person gets into a relationship, you know that might need to change because like Ben and I communicate a certain way. Well, if he gets married again, we probably will communicate less, just out of respect for other people.
Speaker 2: But also it's weird.
Speaker 3: Because you know, again I still I'm not going to never I'm just just going to cut off communication with his parents and well we'll still communicate obviously because of the kids. But you know, like I think there's certain things when Ben and I first got divorced that we would.
Speaker 2: Talk about and we would talk a lot more.
Speaker 3: But as time has gone by and he's dated and is dating, like that has to change out of respect for other people.
Speaker 2: So that was it.
Speaker 3: That's a boundary, right, So that's a boundary we didn't have in place before that now is a boundary that I will respect.
Speaker 1: I think that's great.
Speaker 3: My advice is be open to boundaries, have boundaries, but also know the boundaries need to shift. I love it because that sort of can apply to everybody.
Speaker 1: Great advice. I also have realized that bindi is the word for.
Speaker 2: Best bits this weekend. Bendy, We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: We've got two more questions, all right, you may not want to answer either one of these two, so you can plead the fifth on both of them, because I again have not prepared you. But Chelsea and Florida would like to know what you said to Lunchbox after he went outside during the whole post show ballad situation. Wait what when you followed after Lunchbox during the post show with all the palette situation that happened. Yeah, she wants to know, Like, how'd you calm him down? What happened in the hall? Oh?
Speaker 3: I mean I just had to like get I was like Lunchboks stop, like this is I don't know. There's certain things I can't say because it's not my story, right, but I'll just say that I encouraged him.
Speaker 2: I reminded him this isn't really about this.
Speaker 3: So you need to take some deep breaths and you need to pull it together because this is unacceptable. Like a lot of people were doing things that were unacceptable, right, But I mean I was out he knew he shouldn't be yelling and he was worked up, so I was just trying to remind him this is not the place or the time and there's things to process, yes, but not here now in this way.
Speaker 1: Well there you go. I'm not gonna push it anymore because I don't want you to say anything you don't want to say, so thank you for sharing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there was a lot of like me talking like this, lunchbox, lunchbox, did you have your mom voice?
Speaker 2: Yes, lunchbox, listen to me.
Speaker 3: Breathe, Let's just breathe, let's just breathe. I did a lot of this, like we can breathe right now. Do you want to breathe?
Speaker 1: Mom? Maybe coming in Okay, So Amylan the one who gave the compliment earlier. She's actually in Saudi Arabia, which is so awesome that she's listening out there. But she wants to know the reason. We're gonna fat, We're gonna We're gonna rewind quite a bit. You recall when you smashed Eddie's TV. You'd come on the air and you're like, I really need to smash something, and at the time you didn't want to talk about that reason. Why do you happen to remember why you wanted to smash the TV, and if so, do you want to talk about it?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 3: I remember I liked hitting things. I had a lot going on. It felt good so well, I imagine that I don't know that I would get that much satisfaction out of it now.
Speaker 2: It felt good at the time.
Speaker 1: That was during the time I believe you were going through your divorces. Just nobody knew yet.
Speaker 2: We had not decided we were getting divorced yet at that point.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, so but there was stuff happening, Yeah, got it.
Speaker 3: And I walked out. I think it was around the time where I walked out into my pool with all my clothes on.
Speaker 1: Okaday, around the same time. Got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was weird.
Speaker 3: I don't never do that now, but I just like just it was almost like I was a zombie and I just like thro opened the door and I just started walking out and my my face like people they all witnessed it. They're like, I think my son was like what just happened? And I'm like, I don't know, And I think it just like woke everybody up to where we're like, okay, let's something's up.
Speaker 2: Let's pay attention.
Speaker 3: Here because again other people's stories. So I would say at that point in time, there were three very major Even if one of those things had been happening to somebody at that moment, just one.
Speaker 2: It would be a lot like look at the draw.
Speaker 3: I had three things happening at once, and I didn't have the tools. Some of the tools, I didn't have the capacity. I just wasn't prepared. It was almost like I don't know, I couldn't figure it out. But I never any of the things I was experiencing minus my dad being sick, because I have had a sick mom and I lost my mom, so I'd been through death before. But the other two things I had never experienced in my life.
Speaker 1: And it sounds like too correct me I from wrong. But like when you're when you go through something, your nervous system is kicking in into like flight, freeze, survival, like so many different modes to try and figure out how to get through something. And it sounds like your body was literally responding to what was happening and you just had to like get energy out of it however it needed to come out. And that just happened to be, Yeah, what it was for you.
Speaker 3: I feel like my therapist was trying to just make me feel better and help me feel a little sane because I felt crazy.
Speaker 2: But she's like, no, look at you.
Speaker 3: You walking into the water and submerging yourself and then emerging from it and feeling better. That was what your body needed in that moment, and it was taking care of itself like you needed that, like to go underwater. And there was something that happened to me physically when I did it to where and I did come up, I felt better, sort of like smashing the TV. Although smashing the TV was a very controlled, intentional, we'd planned it type thing, and it felt good. Walking into the pool with all my clothes on was not planned at all, but it was safe, like I wasn't harmed in the process. So I don't recommend just unplanned walking around with a bat or sledgehamer smashing things, because those are two very different things. But you know, I think that in a controlled way, something similar I would do at times would go outside and throw ice cubes at the ground. Okay, there are there are rage rooms now too, I know, but it's cheaper and easier and more convenience. That's definitely like just slam things down, or you can get those like squish balls. They're on Amazon and you can like literally like slam them down on the ground or throw them across the room, or like stretch.
Speaker 2: Them and you can beat them up. But stuff like that. I don't eve remember their original.
Speaker 1: Question, laughing the way that you described that, not the act of actually doing it, the way that you were describing how you would use it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't care what was the original question though, because it's okay.
Speaker 1: It was about like the reason behind why you needed to smash Eddie's TV, which I think you answered it. Yeah, yeah, that was why.
Speaker 3: There was just a lot going on and it felt really good. But I think right, and I was very interested in that. I was like, good, that sounds like so much fun. But if Eddie were to bring an old TV up here right now, I'd be like, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a season of your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody else can do it.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well that was all for us, Amy, thanks for joining to the people where they can find you.
Speaker 2: Hear you all.
Speaker 3: Thanks to having me at Radio Amy on Socials and my podcast is four Things with Amy Brown.
Speaker 1: We love that. I am at weborm Morgan and all the things. Of course, you can follow the show at Bobby Bone Show Amy. Thanks again for joining, Thanks you having all the questions. We'll see y'all later. Bye. That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 2: And follow at webgirl morgane
Speaker 1: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.