Speaker 1: Hey, Sabrina, Hey, Will, I have.
Speaker 2: A question for you that I We've been friends for a while now, and I'm surprised this wasn't one of the first questions I asked, because it's important.
Speaker 1: Do you believe in aliens?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 3: No, Wow. I mean in the sense that not that they're not out there, but in the sense that they want to come here.
Speaker 1: And you don't think we've been visited. You don't think we've been visited.
Speaker 3: By I don't think there's any reason to come to this count of place. So I think they know we're here. They're very aware of our situations and are like, thank you, we're good, We're good.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Figures out, we're good, We're good.
Speaker 1: I like that. Okay, that's fair. I need to need to know that.
Speaker 2: How about you, Will, Well, Like, like you said, I'm sure they're out there somewhere.
Speaker 1: I don't know about the visit.
Speaker 2: I think there's enough UFO sightings that are pretty like a lot of the military ones are coming out now where there's pilots like I was following something that was losing me and came up from the ocean and I saw but see.
Speaker 3: I always think of those as being like other pilots from other countries, like you know, like all those sightings. I feel like it's just just because we don't know what their intentions are doesn't mean it's like something from somewhere else. It's like, no, it could be from like a different country. That's I get that, check on us.
Speaker 1: I get that.
Speaker 2: But I also feel like we had a lot of technology that could be like reverse engineered, like fiber optics and stuff that just popped up out of nowhere from the.
Speaker 1: Crash at Roswell. I don't know. Yeah, I don't know, Sabrina, But let.
Speaker 3: Me tell you about this with me, things like that that I can't really explain. I lose interest like that, like a five year olds, I lose interests, and I'm literally it's kind of a shame. It's shameful.
Speaker 1: Probably, No, it's brilliant, and.
Speaker 3: I just really, honestly, if I can't figure it out in my head, I'm done with it. I got no, I'll leave that to an expert.
Speaker 1: That's kind of brilliant. I think that's kind of brilliant. You know.
Speaker 2: One thing that does exist that I'm very happy about is this podcast. So welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pjs and your popcorn and get back to a time and all the houses were smart, the waves tsunamis, and we were still not sure whether aliens visited us.
Speaker 1: I'm Wilfredell and I'm Sabrina Bryan. Oh, Sabrina, it's time. It's time. It's time.
Speaker 2: I said that three times today, because yes, we are doing here on Magical Rewind.
Speaker 1: We're taking on our very first threequel.
Speaker 2: It's such a weird sounding word to me. I don't know, it just sounds vaguely sexual. We're going deep into a major decom franchise, a favorite series of films here on the podcast and on Podmetrol too. Actually, it's time to add aliens into the mix with twenty twenty two's Zombie three. Sabrina, can you feel the excitement.
Speaker 1: In the zoom?
Speaker 3: I am beyond excited. I'm telling you right now. It is and I went I watched it twice? Did you really twice?
Speaker 1: I did? I did?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: I was only traveling, so I watched it once and unfortunately part of it I had to watch my phone.
Speaker 1: So I need to go back and watch it.
Speaker 2: Again because it seems far too grand for my little handheld device.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would agree with that, And honestly, I watched it again. Because I watched it. I had talked to actually our producer Tara, and i'd only gotten like maybe halfway through, had an opinion about it, finished it and went, Okay, now I think differently, I'm gonna watch it again, and I'm glad I did, because I don't know if it was like a mood I was in or what, because I was crazy talking to Tar to the way I was talking before. Oh, I can't switch my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wait to hear about that. So this, of course, is all in preparation for Zombies four. This time it's way more personal.
Speaker 1: No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: It's Zombies four Dawn of the Vampires, the newest Dracula ready installment, debuting July tenth on the Disney Channel, then streaming on Disney Plus that following day.
Speaker 1: What an event. We can't wait.
Speaker 2: So just to recap for Zombies one, we had zombies duh, Zombies two, the introduction of the werewolves, and now Zombies three.
Speaker 1: Aliens.
Speaker 2: Yes, now, if you remember, we saw the medior Ties at the end of Zombies two, and now we'll learn what all that meant.
Speaker 1: But first let's get into it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Zombies three premiered on July fifteenth, twenty twenty two, then aired on the Channel about a month later, with most of the main cast back.
Speaker 1: To reprise their roles, which were very happy to see. Of course. It was filmed in Toronto.
Speaker 2: Canada, just like the Zombies before it, and well most dcoms for that matter. But there is one very big difference for the third film.
Speaker 1: The budget.
Speaker 2: Zombies three a d com people, Zombies three cost a whopping forty million dollars to make forty four zero, not fourteen no, forty okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Like this kind of stuff is trying to piss me off a little bit. If we could have just maybe got, like, I don't know, one hundred grand more for one of our movies. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: I'm forty nine.
Speaker 2: But in all fairness, you had to strut without aliens, so uh, that is very there's a big difference.
Speaker 3: You know what, I cannot. I will always shut myself down because I lived in Barcelona for three months exactly. You were happy, you know, I was doing okay, butty million is wild for the Channel.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't mind living in Seabrook for three months. That'd be kind of cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And it's a far cry from movies like say Brink or The Thirteenth Year, which their total budget together was two hundred and seventy three dollars. I'm kidding, that's not what their budget was, but it wasn't forty million.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: And as you can probably predict because of what all these films do, the soundtrack also had a big, splashy release. It came out the same week of the Disney Channel premiere, and it went on to hit No. Number One on the Billboard chart for the US Kids Albums and number three for US soundtracks.
Speaker 1: So, without giving too whatchu way, Sabrina, what.
Speaker 2: Did you think of the music in this version, this third version of the film.
Speaker 3: You know what, I loved this music, I remember, I remember. Okay, So before we do Zombies four, and I know that's obviously that the premiere's coming up, I gotta do a binge watch. I gotta watch one.
Speaker 1: Then I might have to do the same because I.
Speaker 3: Need to remember everything that I said. I'm gonna listen to our podcast back again. You guys all should do that as well. Listen because it's like I remember going, I didn't really love the music of the second one. Remember I loved the first one. The music of the second one kind of lost me. These these are bops in this this this movie. I loved this soundtrack. Okay, I think I want to say it again. I'm gonna have to. It might be questionable because I gotta remember and go back, but I want to say this is my favorite one so far.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Oh I have such a different opinion.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Well, and I know it. I know why. I know why. These songs have a little bit more of a cheese factor in the sense of the musical.
Speaker 2: No, it's not just that you can do it, yes, but it's also like there, it's not just that, it's also just they're just saying what all the characters are doing. Where it's like, hey, Zed, you have to be exceptional. I'm exceptional, Zed, I'm exception. No, I'm so exception. It's like, okay, there's nothing clever about like, I know, hey, you look so sad.
Speaker 1: I'm so sad. Like, okay, you're just singing what you just said.
Speaker 3: I know, I knew that was going to be something that like jarred you. But for me, the beats and the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those lyrics, to.
Speaker 2: Me seemed it seemed like a and again I didn't dislike them. I certainly didn't dislike them, and we'll get into that. But these seem to be written as songs that we're just kind of explaining what the characters are doing on screen, as opposed to like a depth to them that especially the first the first movie had this just seemed like, you know, the werewolves are going around and they wanted the guy to come out.
Speaker 1: So the song was called come Out, Come Out, Come Out. We're looking for you, Come out, Hey, where are you? We're trying to find you. You can tell we're walking through the streets. Come out. It's like, okay, I yeah, anyway, we'll get into all that. Guy.
Speaker 3: I would say, though, oh gosh, what did oh someday now is our third version of hearing this song a great song?
Speaker 2: I was because emotional first, I'm first movie.
Speaker 3: I was emotional though, because well, I'll get it to it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get up ahead.
Speaker 3: I talk about this movie though, Okay, hands down, wow, this is wow. I'm telling you right now I had to write this down because it was in my head. I'm like, I will how like a whale wolf, I will rage like a zombie, and I will app you'll if he's not saying anything about this movie, tell you right now, will.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll get in. We'll get into it. We'll get into it. Well, maybe you know that should be Sabrina is upset. If I get upset, I can tell she's upset because she just told me she was upset.
Speaker 2: Okay, but first we'll get into this. You might all be wondering how did Zombies three do in comparison to the other ones. The channel was riding the wave of the first two, continuing to promote it NonStop.
Speaker 1: So did the ratings follow for the third one?
Speaker 2: Well, it's a little unique since it's split its premieres between the channel and the app, so it was calculated differently.
Speaker 1: It was calculated to have streamed three hundred and thirty two million minutes in its first week, which ranked seventh on the Nielsen's streaming charts for films.
Speaker 2: So not sure we really got our answer there, but yes, yeah, overall it is considered a success across the board. But with the way things movies are going nowadays. It's now streaming minutes and it's not viewers. It's it's different.
Speaker 3: I've seen his podcast ratio.
Speaker 1: It is it is right.
Speaker 2: I just assume we're the number one podcast because my mom tells me so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because my mom loves My mom loves it.
Speaker 2: But critics were mixed on the third release, with Lena Wilson of The New York Times writing that Zombies three is quote more than ninety minutes of silliness unquote, but did criticize how the film portrayed socio cultural differences, specifically in the movies groundbreaking queer character portrayed by Terry who. While Brian Lowry Asena and found the movie energetic and progressive, he found the uses of aliens cliche and found the songs to be mostly mediocre.
Speaker 1: I don't necessarily disagree with mister Lowry.
Speaker 2: And yes, Zombies three is obviously now available to stream on Disney Plus right alongside its predecessors, and ready to pair with Zombies four soon. So pick a time to watch it, either now, later, never always. Sometimes I'm sure one of those is going to work for you. It's not an easy decision, and we're not going to pretend like we can help.
Speaker 1: It's all on you.
Speaker 2: Best of luck, all right, So, Sabrina, we obviously knew about Zombies three before we're going in. It was high on our bucket list. You seem to have answered this question already. Did it meet your expectations?
Speaker 3: It absolutely absolutely did. I really loved this movie.
Speaker 1: I again.
Speaker 3: I watched it twice, and I'm grateful because and I don't I don't even really know where it was. But my first initial watch was just halfway and at the halfway point, I was kind of like, I don't know what's wrong with why this isn't connecting because I liked the first two so much, and I had to take a break. All moms out there no this time of the year where it's just crazy, kids are out of school. Everything feels like it should slow down, doesn't. I don't know if it was that for me. But then I watched the second half and I went, wait a minute, I love this. I gotta watch it again, and I just kind of reset and I went from the top and I'm so grateful that I did, because I loved it.
Speaker 1: Okay, will No, I liked it.
Speaker 2: I did definitely, like you know, what I would have loved this movie if I hadn't seen the first two, which were better.
Speaker 1: And I think they go in exactly the right order. This is.
Speaker 2: I know it's a personal thing and people look at it differently for each one, but to me, the first one was the best, the second one was not as good but still good, and the third one was not as good as the first two, but still good. So I like the characters, I like the acting. It's it's good. The story is starting to another thing showing up in Seabrook, let's get them involved.
Speaker 3: Starting to lean it's no too much, but like it's starting to lean a little too Like.
Speaker 1: It's just cliche at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not they're doing They're literally doing the same story.
Speaker 3: Again just every movie.
Speaker 2: With a different set of people that have come into town and different songs. That's it. That's all they're doing. It's it's I mean to the point where the main character, she has essentially exactly the same storyline this episode, this movie that she did with the last one with.
Speaker 3: The werewolves, trying to find herself.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's been trying to find herself for three movies. I get it. Yeah, but it's there's no progression.
Speaker 3: That's what makes me really intrigued now that she has where are we going with this fourth one? So I'm I mean, if this is that middle part that we really need to connect the four, I'm here for it. But I do think you're you're right on that the storyline is starting to get a little bit. But but this is my question too, and it's making me think of too, like I can't wait to get to like the descendants, like keep going with them, because that's also somewhat of the same. Where these movies are incredible though, is the creativity of how they are doing the difference of each thing.
Speaker 2: It's great and and it's and again it's bright, and it's cheery, and for the kids that are watching, the dances are great. Obviously the two lead characters are. The chemistry between them is wonderful. So again, had had this been the first Zombies movie and I'd never seen another one, I would have been like, great.
Speaker 1: Movie, Yeah, this is the third time I've never seen.
Speaker 3: This, Yes, but would it have been with like when you came on the podcast after you watch the first one, do you think it would have been as much as that?
Speaker 1: No? No, that first one to me was so clever and amazing and wonderful that I don't know if I'm just getting jaded to the whole Seabrook world and maybe watching them kind of back to back to back isn't the way to do it, because maybe I'm just by this point going, Okay, all these stories are the same. It's exactly the same thing.
Speaker 2: Who's gonna show up now some kind of cheerleading competition, Bucky's gonna be talking about himself, Bonzo is gonna.
Speaker 1: Be going, and they're gonna be like, now, everybody gets it.
Speaker 2: But this guy still doesn't speak a word of English and he's now lived in Seabrook for years.
Speaker 1: So it's yeah, I might, I might have a.
Speaker 2: Little a little bit of zombie lash. I might a little whiplash for the zombies right now. And I think they've gone perfectly in order. Again, good movie. To me, this is not as good as Zombies Won, which is which is just.
Speaker 3: A great They nailed it out of the park, agreed the first go around, and I can't imagine. I mean, I feel like they're trying, knowing that they are trying to figure out how to get to the next level.
Speaker 1: And they did it with a budget they not a.
Speaker 3: Lot of movies do that right, and it's.
Speaker 1: Great, like the Mothership, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Even the special effects it looked with forty million dollars are better look impressive. It did look impressive. But to me, I've seen this movie with better songs. I mean, one of the songs might as well have been We're running down the street and saying and like that might as well have just been the Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's like the difference of listening to the lyrics versus so much of the time for me, I don't really listen to the lyrics. I'm listening to the beat I'm listening to, and I'm listening to like more so like harm and things like that, versus like what they're actually saying. But regardless, watching these again, I'm obsessed with this choreographer, Like I want to get them on the podcast so bad because the dancing's good, the new version of alien he does. Wait, I can't remember if I don't remember their name because it's a it's a little it's a unique one. But this choreographer does this amazing. They've got an amazing talent of distinguishing what the werewolves style of do yep versus what the zombies style obviously the cheer one. And then now we've you know, we've got this new alien and I mean they're like that angle.
Speaker 1: I was just like, now, the dancing is always great.
Speaker 2: So the dancing is always great, even I know that, and I know nothing of dancing but you but yes, okay, so well.
Speaker 1: Let's get mine all right, let's do our synopsis here.
Speaker 2: People, it is senior year at sebro Kai as humans, zombies and were wolves co exist harmony, but everything changes when a trio of intergalactic aliens descends on the town, entering the cheer competition like aliens do under mysterious pretenses. Great synopsis gets you instantly excited about where this could go. And of course, returning for Zombies three, directing this massive production, it should come as absolutely no surprise is.
Speaker 1: The King of the d coom our true leader all hel.
Speaker 3: Paul and ah Help.
Speaker 2: Paul returning to Seabrook. It would not be Zombies without him. If you need a refresher, which I'm sure you do not at this point, mouth them along with me, everybody. He cut his teeth on Kids Incorporated Sabrina the teenage Witch and Alex Mack then became the go to director for Disney Channel original movies like Luck of the Irish, Read It and Weep, Cheetah Girls one, World Camp Rock two and many many more. We got to interview the legend himself. I don't even know how he descended from his mountaintop two come down and grace us with his presence, but he did, so make sure to check that out when you have the time right there on our.
Speaker 1: Magical rewind feed.
Speaker 2: And as far as the cast, Milo Manheim is back as z again. Talk about just commanding the screen. The zombie football star now a producer of the movie. That's a big deal for actors, especially considering he was a total unknown when he was cast. Yet he was the nepo spawn of Emmy and Golden Globe winner A Cameron Manheim, so I'm sure he had a pretty good agent lawyer, but still talented as hell. And his co star was also a newly meant to producer on Zombies and her name is Meg Donnelly. She's back as a mysterious cheerleader Addison. She is a true Disney hybrid, also dipping her toe in a pop music We also had a chance to interview her. So many people have come down from the zombies world to be part of our podcast.
Speaker 1: It's great. We've got another one here.
Speaker 2: Another former Magical Rewind guest Trevor Torjman, also known as Bucky. He is a dance star on social media and was recently seen in Seth Rogan's Big Apple TV Opus The Studio. So now, Kylie Russell, another one we interviewed is back as Eliza kind of sorta. So they had to get very creative for this movie because she was very pregnant.
Speaker 1: Okay that yeah, Okay, the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank god for that information, because I'm telling you that was a little bit of part of why I was pissed halfway through. I'm like, why are we not bringing this character back in full form?
Speaker 1: Yep, Like I get it, it's.
Speaker 3: Cool, it's a cool way, but like she needed to come back at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she was apparently like thirteen months pregnant when when thirteen they shot, Yeah, very pregnant. So she shot her scenes as cutaways, completely removed from everyone else, and her belly is always blocked you can see mostly because she's depicted as a robot, so obviously that bothered you.
Speaker 1: It bothered me. I was, but I knew. I knew.
Speaker 2: Something was going on where it was like, Okay, she's shooting something else and they had to shoot her scenes later or something. So it turns out she was a peregger's and she was new in zombies too, Chan, what.
Speaker 1: Are you laughing at? A she was a preggers, so she was.
Speaker 3: She was actually in my pocket and oh she's a preggers.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The other one of our other guests that came on said a phrase that I've now told several people that everybody loves now was members.
Speaker 1: She talked about how it was her husband.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've told so many people that now they're like, I'm using that every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Chandler Kinney returns as Werewolf Willa so cool, as does her partner in crime and brother Pierce Joseph as Wyatt.
Speaker 1: Some of the quick hits here.
Speaker 2: Other familiar faces we should recognize, Ariel Martin, James Godfried, Coach, Jonathan Langdon, and Kingston Foster.
Speaker 1: All return, but it's our three aliens who are the freshest faces of all.
Speaker 2: We have Terry, who the first openly queer, non binary Disney casting of all Time. They play Aspen while Matt Cornett from High School Musical The Musical.
Speaker 1: I laugh if every time I have to say this, it might be the greatest title of any any show ever.
Speaker 2: High School Musical, the Musical the Series is Alan, and it's either Kira or Kira.
Speaker 1: I think it's Kira.
Speaker 2: Tanto rounds out the list as Ali, and finally, in the Coleman Reynolds chair sort of, we have Rue Paul Charles, the voice of the Mothership, the drag Queen Pioneer, burst onto the scene in nineteen ninety three with the hit dance song Supermodel, You Better Work, and has done everything there is to do in the entertainment industry since he has a Tony Award taken home fourteen Emmys. You heard that right, breaking a record for the category of Reality TV and making RuPaul the most awarded person of color in Emmy history. He's the host and producer of the cultural tent Poll that is RuPaul's Drag Race, which has run for basically twenty seasons. Sabrina seems to be happy.
Speaker 3: I love that show.
Speaker 2: Also with a number of spin offs and international variant scene around the world. RuPaul also appeared in movies like Crooklin and The Brady Bunch Movie and TV shows like Broad City and AJ and the Queen, and has also released fifteen studio albums, four books, and as a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Who I would love to have RuPaul on our podcast, but I don't.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, oh my god.
Speaker 1: We can trying.
Speaker 3: Presley, who I did a lot of Dance with the Stars with when he booked that show to be a judge, I filled him in on everything. He was like, Sabrina Hay, you know so much about RuPaul's drag race, and like it's literally I watch it so much. I have gotten off of it a little bit, but it's so good.
Speaker 1: So a bucket list celebrity for you to have on our podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't even know, Like that's it's not I'm not sure because it's one of those you pol was one of those people that I.
Speaker 1: Might be like, you can do it, you can do it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if.
Speaker 1: I'd actually try to get him.
Speaker 3: We'll try to be here. I'd be here. It's more than the people we've had from friends, Like it'd be more than that.
Speaker 2: Like, well, we'll try to get as my dad is so fond of saying. The worst they can say is no, yes.
Speaker 1: Zombies three runs.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, wait for it, people, exactly ninety minutes.
Speaker 1: Ring the bell. Guys, we have a winner, right target. You love to see it. I can tell you this.
Speaker 2: Make as many zombie movies as you watch, just make sure they're all ninety minutes.
Speaker 1: That is.
Speaker 3: And do you remember how we actually we talk When we talked to Paul Hohan, he talked about how hard it is to hit that ninety minute hit. And this is the first and we've watched two of it, more than two of his movies. This actually made it happen to me. I'm like, only Paul could actually do a perfect ninety.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, nail camer hit it. That's the way it works. Ninety minutes all de kudos to everyone involved. And the writers are once again David Light and Joseph Rasso, the original duo behind the failed Zombies Versus Cheerleader's Pilot that was recycled into the first movie, and now they write all the zombie flicks that ruled the channel with an iron fist. Okay, we set it up enough, let's try our hardest to become the first zombie to go to college and jump right into Zombies three. We open with a familiar animated recap first scene in Zombies then Zombies two. It helps catch everyone up to speed. We're reminded of the power plan incident that created the zombies, the arrival of the werewolves, and the issues that ensued. Now they've worked it all through and everyone is.
Speaker 1: Living in harmony.
Speaker 2: But there's still one big barrier for monsters to break through, and that's college. If the Mighty Shrimps, when the football is still just the most random ever football team, the Mighty Shrimps win the football game tonight, then they'll have their first zombie recruited to Mountain College, our big homie Zed, and this will open the door for all monsters to attend college. It is a big deal, so nothing can get in the way of them winning. And then once again we see a meteor crash into Seabrook. We're out of the animation and right onto the football field. Zed and his teammates are practicing for the big game, and he has the perfect plan to win. He's scripted all the plays and gives his coach the important notebook, the zombies of the team apparently have learned to use a little bit of their rage power in the field, which sure feels like steroids. Zoe, Zed's little sister, who has absolutely grown up a whole lot since the last movie, reminds her brother how important the game is for the zombies and reveals an iPad like device. Zi's best friend Eliza is live on screen because remember, uh, preggers.
Speaker 1: It's explained by saying she's.
Speaker 3: You cannot do that the whole time. I will listen every single time.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I apologize it is, but let me just say she's a preggers. It's explained by saying she's out of town in turning at Z Corp, the company that makes the armbands that keep the zombies in check. And then we're with Addison, our cheerleading captain and girlfriend of Zed. Her plan is to attend Mountain College with z so tonight's win is just as important to her as it is to him. And then we get a reprise of Fired Up for a cheer routine. It's a classic song from the first movie, and I think we still love this one, right, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Loved it. I was like, oh, okay, good this is good.
Speaker 2: Madison's best friend Brie is back and she's still with that big, huge goober zombie Bonzo, who still hasn't learned a lick of English somehow, how did he pass the driving tech anyway. Also, we see Shrimpy the mascot.
Speaker 1: But in this movie he doesn't drive a bus, so that's very good to God. We also get our first glimpse of the werewolves in Wyatt.
Speaker 2: They're walking on campus and see another strange object in the sky. As it passes, they get a jolt on their moonstone necklaces. Something is up, but they're also focused on the big game and organizing a nighttime pep rally before the.
Speaker 1: Team leaves to face the Eels. And at first I was like, are they only water based team? And then I remember it's called Seabrook, so of course there's water water.
Speaker 3: I did not that to me. It's just simply they are all the most ridiculous mascots that I would be. So I would probably have tried to talk my parents out of making me go to that school, really, because I would never want to be a mighty shrimp. I would I would have oh my gosh, oh my god.
Speaker 1: What about a banana slug. Is aren't the banana slugs? Those are? Is that?
Speaker 3: That's like the mascot is supposed to like the heart and soul of your team, Like I think Santa.
Speaker 1: Barbara are the banana slugs. I think that works. Can you imagine?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, I mean, I don't know. It just is like I mean, mascots mean a lot to especially a mascot of a program that are of a school that has big cheer team.
Speaker 1: Well than my better than my high school because we were in school.
Speaker 2: We were the North Temple High douche nozzles, and it just it was not good. And you should have seen our mascot.
Speaker 3: It was all right, Okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: I was a Falcon. I was a That's a good one. Falcons are great.
Speaker 3: Boers are like what like the Patriots?
Speaker 1: The My wife was yabo yablo.
Speaker 3: I see, yes, I love it.
Speaker 2: Zoe, who we now realize is only in this movie to carry around a well a Pegger's actress on an iPad, reveals that Wyatt likes Eliza, and that is a new development in the movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, so were you excited to see everybody back? Yes?
Speaker 3: I was. I felt like I was back with my crew. Yeah, what's the next adventure? We're taken? Like that was great.
Speaker 2: It was again, it was nice to see and they're all so charismatic and the costume still look great.
Speaker 1: You're right back in the world. You you know, it's it's it's still fun to.
Speaker 3: Be honest though, Like now that like I'm finding more, I'm so glad that they could have and we've seen it done. I know it was done in my movie. My the third movie is.
Speaker 1: To ruin something.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna ruin something for me in the third.
Speaker 3: You know that they could have just like said like, oh well I and just pulled her out, like just like figured it out a way, like who was the new brainiac? Like it could have been the little sister who became the new brainiac type thing, and they could have just oh, she's she's working and that's it, and that we never saw her again. I was glad that we got a big chunk of her still in the movie because I think this cast is a powerhouse act.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It gives me hope though, because when she's involved in some of the singing, it's just on her iPad, which means they can just film me, like for a new movie where I just come in and I'm just like, oh, I don't want to know, and I could just like it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be great. So exactly, I'm not a praggers. I'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Yes, the football team is announced, but instead of the players arriving, it's magical rewind favorite cheerleading superstar and school president Bucky.
Speaker 1: He takes credit for the football team and the national.
Speaker 2: Cheeroff coming up, something Addison put together for schools all over the state. Then the football team finally does arrive, led by Zed and Winter, who has joined the team. She runs full speed into a bus just as Mountain College recruiters arrive. I'm not sure why they need to come and check out the pep rolly for recruiters, but yeah, it is what it is. The recruiters think Zeed is a star, but admit they aren't sure they want a monster on campus.
Speaker 1: The team is ready to leave.
Speaker 2: Nothing can stop the Mighty Shrimps now, and that's when Zoe sees another media. But they've been pretty common since the werewolves discovered the Moonstone, so it's no biggie or is it?
Speaker 1: Because this time it ends up being a massive uf who.
Speaker 2: The entire town scatters, including the recruiters, and can we say now the UFO is the most oppressive effect in the in dcom history, better than anything we've seen in Descendants or anything.
Speaker 1: It looks great.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna bring back the second movie. Remember the Moonstone.
Speaker 1: We were like, uh yeah, they chinsed.
Speaker 3: It is that great. This is where we're starting to see this big budget in effect.
Speaker 1: And it looks so good, really good.
Speaker 2: Even the beaming up and beaming down all looked really really good.
Speaker 1: It did, especially for a dcom.
Speaker 3: Better than Descendant.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm say so too, although we've only seen Descendants one. So let's see what the new ones do this time.
Speaker 1: It's personal.
Speaker 3: Could be I can't wait. I'm now itching to see that second one.
Speaker 2: Let's get through zombies first and our friends in Seabrook, and then we'll go back to the bubble kingdom of the Defendants. Amongst power line explosions, we got our first new song, Alien Invasion, which is of course about an alien invasion. Again, we're now starting to just have songs saying what's happening? A full cast track that's pretty much exactly what it sounds like focus on how the town will now protect them from these aliens taking forever to land.
Speaker 1: What do we think of this track?
Speaker 4: I loved it.
Speaker 3: I don't I loved it. I'm telling you I love I don't know if it's just because I was so like over like, I just loved the choreography so like, I loved the groups. I loved I loved the filming of it. I mean, I don't know if it was just it was just the visual but and the beats. But I and I get what you're saying, But I'm okay with like a musical that's singing about everything that's going on. I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with your occasional one. But I mean it's it's literally it's it's they're singing about aliens landing because aliens are landing, and what are we gonna do? And the aliens It's like there was nothing. Okay, it was just the songs for me, The.
Speaker 3: Dancing portions were super good, but the reactions and the small parts of what they would the people that weren't dancing and they're just like reacting to what was going on. That started to get more on the Mickey mousey type situation versus being really just great, which they feel like they nailed. The first movie there was just I keep going.
Speaker 2: Back to I keep going back to the first film, the first movie with the when you're kind of in the first time we see like essentially the Zombies Underground Club, and it was that hip hop number. Yeah, that to me is the pinnacle of like, oh my god, Yeah my god, this is amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Whereas these were good, I again did Had I not seen the first two, I would have been like, Wow, this is so clever and so great. But this being the third one, and again I liked the movie, I definitely did. I love this series, but I think they track exactly correctly with.
Speaker 1: The numbers they have after him. I think Zombies one is a bit we'll get into it anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In the Mayhem, Wyatt does admit to iPad Eliza that he likes her, but she doesn't hear him, and the iPad has suddenly lasered in half. Then we find these Sarah Aliens who turned out to be just gorgeous, very attractive teens in futuristics, Stewart and Stewart's uniforms and strange half masks covering their face and blue hair. Through song, they announced they come in peace, but for some reason, they're still destruction everywhere. The group is led by three Aliens Aspen, Ali, and Alan, who take orders from a video hologram of someone named Scout Commander fifteen oh nine. This commander explains they're in Seabrook for a new mission to find the most precious thing in Seabrook, which will lead them to their utopia. Then they do what all invading aliens do fight dance. I was gonna I always ask this to you as our dance expert, but you seem to have said it one hundred times.
Speaker 1: We get some West Side story vibes right here, like how are you feeling?
Speaker 3: And oh so and I love this. I think this is where I was really just captivated. Was we see a new group and this new group comes with a new style of dans like I just I mean at this point, I'm going, oh my gosh. This was soul thought out and just like in it lasts throughout the whole movie. It's it's just so detailed, right. And this was also I think Execution one of the best movies as far as the dance technique and everything. This one was really good, this biography, but the execution of the dancers. And I will say I was really impressed with the our characters that we know and love, how much they have become that much better of dancers.
Speaker 1: They're really good.
Speaker 3: Is like yeah, I mean, and he was good in the first movie. Where he's at now with his skill level is like, just I.
Speaker 1: Do have a question for you? Yes that I was thinking throughout the entire movie.
Speaker 2: And I stopped and I listened, and I stopped and I listened to the point where then I put in headphones and I listened again for.
Speaker 1: The first time. Did it seem like his voice was auto tuned?
Speaker 3: I think yes, yes, like a little bit like you're going, oh wait, is that his voice? Like, oh wait?
Speaker 1: No, it is the auto tune to me, as the rest of them, it.
Speaker 3: Goes with the style of music in this one feels different to me too.
Speaker 1: But no one else seemed auto tuned.
Speaker 2: It was just him that seemed like they had done something to his voice.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like maybe he sang more in this movie.
Speaker 2: I think he did sing more, but I think they tweaked it a bit, which I don't think they did in the previous films.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say it was because they necessarily had to. I'm sure at this point now Liss, his vocal skills are also you know, getting much better from his experience.
Speaker 1: But I think no, he can definitely say I know what you're here.
Speaker 3: I heard that too, but I did take it necessarily much as like auto tune because it needed to be more so like the style felt.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so yeah, because again we know he can sing. Yeah, I mean we've heard him say.
Speaker 3: Feel like we went away from more of that musical boppy like team boppy stuff for the singing portions, and everything went more towards like a hip hop like R and B kind of vibe.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I also got it into my head as we were watching this is exactly what you said about the dance styles that it was essentially it's like watching my favorite step up movies or anything where it's like these are three dance crews, yes, and different styles and they're going against each other.
Speaker 4: I liked, I.
Speaker 3: Jam My, jam My, jam I feel like we gotta like what there might be a break in Magical rewind where we just watched the step up stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not a break. That's called heaven.
Speaker 2: For you when you start getting into step up to the streets were for some reason, they're dancing in the rain for oh love it. The song ends just as all three monster species are ready to squabble. Z channels his inner zombie rage. But the aliens know they need to calm everyone down if they're going to secretly find the precious thing that they're looking for. And then, like God intervening, a flyer from the cheerleading competition floats to their feet and they decide that this will be the reason they give for landing in Seabrook. There's a very fun line use here. Take us to your leader, cheer leader.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: The aliens are, of course immediately arrested, and Addison's parents, her mom the mayor and her dad the chief of police, are already saying these invaders must leave, but Addison says the competition is for everyone because.
Speaker 1: She just loves everyone and cheer can bring worlds together. But Bucky, oh Bucky, Bucky isn't sold. God damn it, Gina. He doesn't trust the aliens.
Speaker 2: Who, despite being able to just beam out of jail cells, are being cooperative now for some reason. We then cut to high school students Zed and Bonzo interrogating the prisoners themselves. Not sure about the police protocol in the town, but it's definitely a questionable practice to let teens speak to criminals. And now the football game has been canceled, so Alien ass Bend says they now need an exceptional student scholarship to attend Mountain College. And if we're being honest, they don't think Zed is that exceptional, which you're going to find out later he is because he sings a song called Exceptionals. Now freed, the aliens explain all their incredible inventions and discoveries and reiterate they are not in Seabrook to conquer anyone, but they can electrocute anyone they want. The aliens have decided to allow themselves to experience emotions while on Earth they had like deactivated their emotion chips, just like data on Star Trek the next generation. If you know, you know, And the town allows them to stay through the cheer competition and so the next day, the first of all didn't want anybody in Seabrooke.
Speaker 1: Now anybody can join. Yeah, it doesn't matter who lands. You're instantly a high school senior. It started with with Willa and the They're like where, Yeah, welcome to homeroom. So here we go.
Speaker 2: And so the next day the aliens enroll in sebro Kai of course beamed down from their UFO, which is called the mother Ship because it acts like an overbearing alien.
Speaker 1: Mom. Get it, get it? Yeah, this is of course the voice of Rue Paul.
Speaker 3: Madam, and he gave me a smart house vibe.
Speaker 1: Yes, me too, smart house vibes.
Speaker 2: Addison tell z just how excited she is about the aliens, but he reminds her they did kind of blow up Seabrook. Addison is still fully in, but said's not fully sold. But one thing they are sold on. They're gonna go to Mountain College together and be a couple until they die.
Speaker 1: They are musical to Panga and Corey and Q.
Speaker 2: Song number two Zeedda and Allison talking about their undeniable bond in future with small signs that maybe they aren't so sure and are nervous about what's to come, all while dancing and avoiding disasters and crashes through zombie Town, which is already rebuilding from the UFO landing. The song is called Ain't no doubt about it, And what did you think about it?
Speaker 3: Okay, I first of all, I love that you gave that nod to Boy Meets World. I can't not say. I cannot say Pod meets World anymore, but I know it's so hard for me Boy Meets World. I'm glad you gave that nod because that's really what popped in my head as I was watching this, because I can't think of even high school musical. I don't really feel like the song said like forever now. I'm not a high school music waiting for Lisa to pop in correct, you're incorrect, but I don't remember. I don't feel like the the the vibe of the couples were like we're getting married, we are always together. It's always just kind of this is great for you know, it doesn't just for right now.
Speaker 1: You're an awesome temporary girlfriend. Yes it does not.
Speaker 3: They don't say it like that, but they don't talk about forever right. This is besides to make Cory and I'm great. What other Disney channel ever did? That's all I could think of during this movie And I'm sorry during this song, that's really where my head was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a red flaggy kind.
Speaker 3: But I thought so cute, gave me grease vibes at one point, like you're the one that I want, Like this is like back and forth. I get such an easy watch, so fun, very cute routine.
Speaker 1: I thought it was great and like they're better the.
Speaker 3: Second time too, leaning into it being very cheeky the first half time. Yeah, that I watched once and I was like, oh, I gotta get I gotta shake it off, I gotta shake it off.
Speaker 1: Again, swift, shake it off and go back.
Speaker 3: In and try it again, shake.
Speaker 2: It off and get Oh man, it would have been if his t swift, it would have a much different song about said. Also worth noting, the werewolves and aliens aren't exactly getting along, so to neutralize the doubts of the wolves, the aliens do some sort of weird hypnosis trick with a circular lens, but we don't.
Speaker 1: Know what that's all about.
Speaker 2: Quite I'm surprised they didn't sing a song called we did a Weird thing with a circular lens.
Speaker 1: Bucky and Willo also voice their concerns to Addison.
Speaker 2: They can't trust these aliens and how will this affect the cheerleading competition? This could kill their chances at Mountain College. Now the entire school is trying to get into this one college.
Speaker 1: Is that the whole town just there's one college to go to.
Speaker 3: First just feels like the two of them, and then by the end of the movie, it's.
Speaker 1: We all need to go to Mountain College. Nobody's trying to get a AE.
Speaker 3: And call it. There's no there's only one college for them to go.
Speaker 2: You've got all these great cheerleaders. Nobody's trying to get into Alabama.
Speaker 3: I will tell you though, working with high school kids, it does seem like I don't know if it's with the college counselors or it's just because their friends are going. But like, for a while it was like one school and then it's like, oh no, this school and it's like chunks of our area kids go all at once. So it is not actually too weird to think, but yeah, I feel like that that's what we're gonna get.
Speaker 1: To see, Mountain College, and zos.
Speaker 3: For yes, I'm assuming that's where we're going.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to say, I'm figuring that out.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Eliza's iPad has been fixed, but instead of giving child actress Zoe more days on set, they cut her out completely and have Zoe build a robot that can hold an iPad and roll her around. And now that the young actress job has been totally eliminated, Zed tells Eliza's steampunk robot all about the exceptional student application he has to fill out.
Speaker 3: And did you think about the robot? What did you think of it? Did you like?
Speaker 1: I get what they were doing? I mean I said I liked what Bonzo said because he was right.
Speaker 2: He's like, and I totally agree with that. So yeah, you just ever know. But there is now a new problem. The aliens are geniuses of the book kind, not the street smart kind, and their test course have affected Zed's ranking in the school, both academically and physically. He is way less exceptional now, and the aliens, who also reveal that their home planet has been destroyed, are becoming very popular.
Speaker 1: New kids in school are always popular.
Speaker 2: And they also tell Zed all about the Luna Lens, the thing we saw them use on the werewolves earlier. It is a mind probe they've already used on a majority of the students, and they're obviously using it to find this supposed precious thing. But they pretend they're using it for cheerleading tips. They change one of Zed's bad test grades and promise to help him with his application, all in trade for explaining what the moonstone is, because they already think that's the precious thing in town. Zed loves this trade because he's a dufis and easily manipulated. Okay, would Zed have been your guy? We're looking for your guy in every would you have dated Zed? Nys we put the zombie thing aside? Would Zed have been your man?
Speaker 3: I think the closest to what we've seen so far? Wow? Yeah, Okay, however, I've got something to say about that later.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yes, Oh I love it. Oh I kill you.
Speaker 3: I'm a little of my feathers are a little ruffled about it.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. Here we go even robot.
Speaker 2: Eliza is shocked at how fast Zed's application was finished, and Zed pretends he did it. All Allie has left is the home interview, and then he is a shoe in for Mountain College. We are now over at the local pizza joint. Addison and your cheerleaders are prepping for the competition. Aspen arrives and asks for help from the girls. Their palms are sweaty and they have knots in their stomach. Addison thinks it's because they have a crush. Aspen agrees they do have a crush and it's on zed. Addison explains very kindly that is her boyfriend and they're in love, but Aspen doesn't really get it, but who cares.
Speaker 1: It's time for cheer practice in the school auditorium. We also get our first glimpse at the new Alien cheer.
Speaker 2: Squad, and they're really good, like gravity defying good. The Mighty Shrimp are shook, but Addison she hasn't given up. They can still win the competition, but they'll have to try a triple hip hop double Tuck Lindy, which is an impossible move, which reminded me so much of the Triple Lindy that Rodney Dangerfield has to do.
Speaker 1: And back to School.
Speaker 2: It's even little Lindy's The Lindy has got to be a real thing then, because he does the triple Lindy.
Speaker 1: So it's this is the hip hop double Tuck Lindy.
Speaker 2: Shout out to whoever Lindy was over at the Coach's Froyo store, which is still open by the way. For the record, I am amazed Producer Jensen did not put in a triple Lindy back to school joke.
Speaker 1: Shocked Over at Coaches, are you okay?
Speaker 3: Shocked?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I knew it.
Speaker 1: I knew.
Speaker 4: So obscure. I was like, all right, I guess I'll pass on that.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it. Over at Coaches Froyo store, which is still open even in this economy.
Speaker 2: Amazing, congrats, Coach Justice. The security guard is leaving for the night. She's surprised by the Aliens and Luna Lens, which kind of erases her memory. Now that the coast is clear, the aliens break the Moonstone Shield, which seemed very easy to break, and attempt to get the final coordinates from it, but to their surprise, this isn't where their coordinates are hidden. It is a failed mission, and to make things worse, the Moonstone has lessened their powers. When they hear the werewolves approaching, they ask the mother Ship to beat them up, but the Mothership is tired of being told what to do, and it forces the aliens to run off in different directions. Once the werewolves arrive, they quickly realize someone's been messing with their stone and they go on the hunt. Been a while since a song, right, Well, it's good timing. As the wolves search for the aliens, they sing the next song, come on Out, which is about getting them all to come out. It's all about how the aliens are not welcome here again.
Speaker 1: The song itself is the.
Speaker 2: Cool dancing, really good, but the again, the lyrics, it's like, Where're gonna find you?
Speaker 1: Are you behind the boxes? Where're gonna find you? Why are you hiding over there?
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, yeah, I get what you're saying. Worked for me though, it did it catchy? It's all catchy, catchy, and I again we see that there's certain moves that distinguished the like.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's almost like the they've got like the growl, and they.
Speaker 3: The pack of dancers that they have for their where they are on fire like they are so these dancers. I swear they are probably working all the time at this point after getting in these movies, because hope, they're so good.
Speaker 2: Again, had I not seen the first two zombie movies, these would have been amazing.
Speaker 1: And they're still good. They're still good, they really are.
Speaker 2: But I just yeah, it's it's got to be really difficult to constantly try to top what you've done in the last one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got just be hard.
Speaker 3: Something that just made because we've got rules, right, there's got to be some rules. These are were wolves, don't they have an extreme sense of smell.
Speaker 1: I wasn't even going to go in.
Speaker 2: I thought you would make fun of me that all you have to do the guys literally sitting behind a box and all, yes, the werewolves can't smell the guys a foot away the aliens sent out.
Speaker 3: I was kind of going, wait a minute, you said it and not really view the notes. Let's review the rules. If we're talking about a werewolves, seriously, they can sit it out.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to say it.
Speaker 2: I almost had to move to an undisclosed location after the whole Lizzie McGuire tobaccle, which I stand by entirely, just stand by it from an undisclosed what was coming?
Speaker 3: I think, I think we're going to be okay.
Speaker 1: Well we'll see.
Speaker 2: Three of our producers have many Three of our producers have asked to Good to move on to different shows.
Speaker 1: They don't want to, They don't even.
Speaker 3: Want to work. Look, did you notice that Mikayla's not here today.
Speaker 1: Seriously, She's like, I'm done. I'm done.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we know this was great. Eventually, the mothership does bail them out with the alien beam, and weirdly, at the same time, over at cheer practice, Addison is also beamed up.
Speaker 3: WHOA, how come no one noticed? Though?
Speaker 1: She was?
Speaker 3: She help?
Speaker 2: No, have you never been in an alien tractor beam?
Speaker 1: Once you're in the beam, it traps sound too in the beam. You can't Actually, you'll never know.
Speaker 3: Are you being serious?
Speaker 1: How could I be serious?
Speaker 2: A rule of what it.
Speaker 3: Depends on the movie. I've watched a lot of Aliens.
Speaker 2: It depends on the movie Galaxy Quest. You can't talk. Some of the star treks you can talk.
Speaker 1: It depends on the movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, but this one, we're gonna say, you can't talk when you're trapped in the tractor beam.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get all these rules made up.
Speaker 2: She finds herself on the mothership, suddenly, eventually running into z who's there helping Aspen learn about Seabrook. The alien spot her and tore the couple around the ship, which is their home since their planet was destroyed. Aspen finally lets the two main characters in on the truth, admitting that the cheer competition was a cover story. The Scout Commander crashed at Seabrook and hid the map to Utopia, which would be the new home for the Aliens if they can find Z then helps them. Finally see this scal Commander's entire message by Pansie and the magine which always works, just punch it, which reveals that she got help from someone named Eli and that her daughter is still in Seabrook. Now hiding her identity, she says she joined Eli at school and became passionate about cheerleading and even created the cheerleading trophy. But without being able to go home, her hair turned white, just like Addison's did, and she lost her powers, but she did gain a family. She married Eli and had a daughter named I want to get this right, Amashanta.
Speaker 1: I think it is our Amishanta.
Speaker 2: Or Missy, which what is Addison's mom's name. The Commander takes off her mask, which you wonder why she was wearing the mask if she was just gonna take it off, but whatever, and it's Addison's Grandma gave.
Speaker 3: Me it, gave me. I almost had it gave me COVID to hear little Covid vibes and then how some people would literally be so crazy about their mask and then just take them off. And you're like, yeah, I thought you yeah, Okay, Nope.
Speaker 1: This is so that she just took off her mask.
Speaker 2: That means though her mom is an alien, which means Addison is part alien.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, whoa, I did not know that.
Speaker 3: We finally figured it.
Speaker 1: Out, oh Sam.
Speaker 2: The Aliens gift Addison her grandma's Luna lens, but she doesn't have the stardust to use it. With the stardust, she can actually be an alien. Devastated, she runs off, but remember she's on a spaceship, so where the hell is she running to? Alone Now, the Aliens start to think that the precious thing might be the cheer trophy that the Scout commander created, so they must win the competition to win the trophy. Now beating down to Earth somehow, Addison is really hurt. She feels alone again without an identity, but Zed talks her down. They're going to help the Aliens find the map their new home, and Zed makes her promise to go to Mountain College even if he doesn't get in the interviews tomorrow, and he's starting to feel the pressure.
Speaker 1: Back at home.
Speaker 2: That night, Addison is skimming through her old pictures of her grandma, trying to figure out where she hid the map.
Speaker 1: When she makes the lens move just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Maybe she has the power, after all, that's what Addison's mom walks in. They have a very awkward conversation about Grandma. Her mom is obviously lying about her family's origin.
Speaker 1: Anybody can see that.
Speaker 2: Next day, Robot Eliza's rounding up all the zombies to help with Zed's big college interview, but the interviewer arrives early, even before.
Speaker 1: They could start cleaning.
Speaker 2: Zed is shocked by her arrival and now has to get it together, and the perfect way to do that is apparently a rap song called exceptional Z, which is somewhere between a panic attack and a pep talk. In the end, the entire town comes to support him, and the recruiter invites Addison to the meeting. Exceptional Z was a bridge too far for me.
Speaker 1: This is where I was just like, you can't, you can't. I mean, it's he's.
Speaker 2: Got to prove he's exceptional, So he sings a song about literally saying I'm exceptional. Come on, I mean the dancing great.
Speaker 1: Oh you loved it, your favorite thing in the world.
Speaker 3: I just don't. I don't see a problem with that.
Speaker 1: I get a little sir, It's like, hey, how are you exceptional? I'm exception.
Speaker 3: We're getting again. This is this is the part of the movie where things are getting a little too easy. They're they're they're like bottle feeding things to the to the audience, where I think we are seeing that there is a lot of ways to do these kinds of things without having to bottle feed. Our audience of the Disney Channel is far more mature and they're way wiser then. They don't need you to do that, So I think that's probably what's stumpy you. However, I'm in it to win it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now I have a question which you could maybe you could add because I was thinking about this during the song, so maybe you could help me with this.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Do they write the.
Speaker 2: Songs first and then place them in the script and then write a script around it, or do they write the script and then write the songs?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, yeah, I think for honestly, there might have been these movies. No, I know, for the Cheetah Girls one, some of those songs were already songs that producers just had, Like producers have hundreds of songs on a you know, on their shelves or you know, computers or whatever to like just send over like, oh you want a song about girl power. Okay, I got something like this. Oh I've got this, I've got that. I could switch these words and do this and that. So some some stuff is like that. But I think with this this kind of movie, and like what we did in the second movie with the Cheetah Girls, the script was written, then the songs were done, and I think for us it made it was way better. But for this for sure.
Speaker 2: But I mean again he's got to be exceptional, then change the word of what he's got to be and keep the song exceptionals set.
Speaker 3: I think I have to like admit I was in like some side some sort of trance or something because I was looking again in that little posse he has It's coming from the beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How the choreography and the and the actors took made choices to keep within their character of how they did certain things.
Speaker 2: You got.
Speaker 1: Was like this was It's not bad. It was. It's just so on the nose. Now, that's it's not a bad thing.
Speaker 3: I'm not not bash, but I will say you when I have learned from watching thousands of these d coms that like, it's not necessary for the audience. This isn't that that's a choice. It's not a necessity.
Speaker 2: You don't need to I love how you said they don't need to bottle feed it. But anyway, Yeah, they all come out to support him, and even they all come.
Speaker 1: It's the way. It's a great rally for him.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: Well because he just sung about it. We're now inside Zed's house.
Speaker 2: The recruiter is somewhat of a zombie racist, so it's a problem when z starts to short out everything I'm telling you short out and shows sign's rage. He rushes into the kitchen to hide the transition and realizes the problem is his armband. It's shorting out because of Addison. She's finally showing alien qualities. But all the noise and destruction of the kitchen is concerning there, and eventually Zaid goes full zombie and scares her out of the house to try and change your mind. He runs after and sings the ballad version of Exceptional zed, so now he just sings the same song about being exceptional slower.
Speaker 3: I loved that part though, I did.
Speaker 1: First of all, they had you this movie.
Speaker 2: They had you around. It didn't matter what they did. It seems like they had you.
Speaker 3: Okay, But this again, I put this in, and I have so many sabrinacities. I've got to like add them in while we're going, because otherwise you're gonna give me here for twenty minutes. At the end, the makeup changes that while he's shorting out again, we're seeing the budget because it's like, you know, he's got those like veins that come into his arms in his face while he's raging, and you're just like, oh, and then it goes back and he goes and it goes back, and I was just like, oh my, Like, how was that special effect they did after or was that a makeup artist that they.
Speaker 1: Filmed that my desk? No.
Speaker 2: But it's also Milo he's such a good actor that every time he's getting shocked or do any of that stuff, it just he sells it.
Speaker 3: So it was he's so good in it, Oh my gosh. I just that was awesome. And then finally he's and then he calms down and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it works, and the makeup is incredible, but his performance is what sells that kind of transition thing, going back and forth.
Speaker 1: It's really really great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he sings slower exceptional z s I'm in, Sabrina's in.
Speaker 1: She's like just sitting at Milo's feet, just looking up at him, like you're magical, and she the recruiter, says she'll take it into consideration.
Speaker 2: Small warning here, no one here at Magical. Rewind encourages you to sing to your college recruiter. That was put in by producer Jensen. I am putting an addendum to that. I encourage it one hundred percent. Walk in and sing out loud to Mountain College.
Speaker 1: Why you want to go there?
Speaker 3: Pull, put your hands in your pocket, bring out that glitter, and just.
Speaker 1: Start and just in the face, start us, start us, Let me in a duke exactly. I love it Now.
Speaker 2: At the National cheer Off, Addison also decides the Seabrook Trophy has to be the precious item, so she knows that either her or the aliens must win. Bucky also finds a Luna lens and with the help of the werewolves.
Speaker 1: They figure out it's a mind probe with him just constantly staring into it.
Speaker 3: And this was very much first movie, Bucky, it.
Speaker 2: Was they also, and this is this is because the character is so big. They used him sparingly, so it worked. When they used him, it wasn't too much, it was just the right amount.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, and I'm not even sure how much this means to the movie now, but Robot Eliza founds out that Whyatt has a crush on her.
Speaker 1: All right, we're just gonna throw that, Thank you very much, Lea.
Speaker 3: Eliza's still in the pitchure. We didn't lose her completely.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: And it's also how is Wyat gonna feel when he realizes she's already knocked up.
Speaker 1: Also, the competition has begun and now the lens, but it's legitimate.
Speaker 3: Gave me a cramp, It's true.
Speaker 1: Man, Man, will you.
Speaker 3: Can make me belly laughing? It's so hard it hurts.
Speaker 1: True, It's true. It's true.
Speaker 2: Also, the competition has begun and now with the lens and tow the werewolves are very suspicious of the aliens.
Speaker 1: And at the same time, Zed gets a call.
Speaker 2: He got accept first of all, I'd also like to point out, and I thought this was such a cool little moment that for some reason, his zombie cell phone is like an.
Speaker 1: Old school cordless I love. That was the coolest little touch.
Speaker 3: All the stuff on their side in this set is like an old TV, and you know all that.
Speaker 1: It is such a good touch of just showing what's there. Zombie town is like, and his cell phone, which is still a cell phone, is like the old school. He's got to pull up the chord. It was so great. Yeah, yeah, it was really really cool. So, yes, he got accepted in a mountain college. This is great news.
Speaker 2: That probably could have been the end of the movie, but it's not, of course. Okay, like forty minutes left.
Speaker 3: We got a pause. I literally went, Okay, he just got into college and we still have thirty minutes left. What the hell is all the same thing?
Speaker 1: I thought, the same thing. I was like, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: So that wasn't the biggest thing.
Speaker 2: Oh, I honestly thought a good portion of it, no joke was gonna take because I remember when we talked to Trevor, I thought he said the third one takes place in space, So I thought at some point they were gonna launch and we were going to be in space with them, and I was like, oh, the last half hour is gonna let They're gonna zene on it, but they didn't. Yeah, So the cops have arrived, obviously in full force, ready to take in the Aliens. Before they take the stage, z advises them to leave, which means the Aliens are disqualified. It's now just up to Addison in the Mighty Shrimp to win the trophy. This leads us to an Allison solo track, I'm finally me all about how she's accepted who she is now, part alien, part human and she's ready to shine. And when all I said is done, the Mighty Shrimp win the trophy.
Speaker 1: Twenty five minutes left in the movie.
Speaker 3: Yes, so this.
Speaker 2: Is where the werewolf storm in, calling the Aliens liars and wanting to kill them. So the Aliens run off with the trophy alongside Zed and Addison, but once outside, the police have them surrounded and the mother Ship isn't able to bean this up. This is becoming a disaster. It creates a very tense standoff between the werewolves and the Aliens. When asked to pick aside Addison finally reveals she's an alien. She uses her grandma's lens to fully transform, finishing off with blue hair and the stewardest uniform.
Speaker 1: She looks great, Addison's mom.
Speaker 3: You have to pause for a second. She looks incredible. This was my favorite costume choice of what she's done.
Speaker 1: And she's rocking the blue hair.
Speaker 3: You know what, I don't know. I kind of liked the werewolf vibe a little bit more.
Speaker 1: I liked it too, but the hair worse.
Speaker 3: She's rocking this blue hair like nobody else can. Oh my goodness, she looks amazing, like bab Meg, yell, rocket girl.
Speaker 1: You're rocking it. You're rocking it.
Speaker 2: Addison's mom steps in the midst. She thought hiding was the best way to protect your family. And most importantly, Grandma used to call Addison her very precious thing.
Speaker 1: You know what that means?
Speaker 2: The map is probably inside her colon, or it might be in her ga. Yes, that makes more sense. It ends up being the DNA, much more sense.
Speaker 3: It says, but.
Speaker 1: It does it does. It does say, but it says maybe up in her butt, which sounded strange to me.
Speaker 2: So I made it in her colon, which I thought was was more gentle and more medically accurate.
Speaker 1: If we're if we're being serious, let's be honest.
Speaker 3: God, this is a day a day.
Speaker 5: This is a day the things up inside oft see there we go?
Speaker 3: What is that? Oh my god, I'm like getting hot because you're making it like.
Speaker 1: Are you smiching? You're alien schmitzing? I love it.
Speaker 2: Zen and Addison still can't hug each other, but so that's great. Not only is their relationship difficult, but they literally can't touch.
Speaker 1: But Zen is thrilled. They're both going to Mountain College. But ooh, she has bad news. She's leaving with the aliens.
Speaker 2: The map is dynamic and always changing, so Addison has decided to stay with them and help.
Speaker 1: This is Z's worst case scenario.
Speaker 2: So last movie, she was instantly ready to be able to be aware Wolf, she would have taken off with them. Now she's instantly like this. She just wants to go I get She wants to find her identity. But the second she finds it, it's like, hey, you know what you are and she's like, I'm fully this, I'm not leaving with you.
Speaker 1: It's like, whoa in the relationship here?
Speaker 3: I think the issue is she's grown up again. Remember she was wearing a wig get it for the full first movie that she finally reveals her white platinum hair. Right, she's been she was forced to hide it forever.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: Then when she got the courage to say, I'm different, and I want to figure out why the hell I'm different. Sure, every step that she feels like she gets closer, she's like, hell, yeah, boom, I'm in it.
Speaker 2: Second she finds out there like you're an alien, She's like, I already have my background.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, but no. By the time this scene happens, she's been living with the fact that she knows she's an alien. Now she's she's processed.
Speaker 2: I get it, and zed knows a little bit, but not that she's going to take off, but like.
Speaker 3: And her grandma is like this is where her grandma, Like these are her origins are there? Like for real?
Speaker 2: She just wants to bail, Like she's just looking for a reason to bail anyway.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't know why she would look for a reason to bail on.
Speaker 2: Z Maybe because the grass is always greener on the other side of the universe.
Speaker 1: You never know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is anyway, this is Zed's worst case scenario. Back at home, Addison's mom reveals that she's an alien too. What she has white hair, was also wearing a terrible wig.
Speaker 1: Throughout the movie. How did we not notice that before?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: This?
Speaker 3: So this was the main conversation.
Speaker 1: We had the first Obviously she had a terrible wig.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 3: I asked Lisa to send me. I couldn't screenshot anything, but I wanted to, like get the picture of the mom with the bad wig on in the first movie that I went, why does the mom have a wig? She just has hair, It's like regular color blonde hair. And they didn't they didn't know, They didn't remember. They didn't know about this with her storyline yet.
Speaker 2: Right, So then they wouldn't have her they wouldn't have put a bad wig on her in the first movie, to have have her cover white hair, because that wasn't even part of the movie yet.
Speaker 1: They didn't know they were going to make Zombies three D at this point. Right, it just was a bad movie, right, a bad way. I mean a bad way.
Speaker 3: So I don't confused about that. I mean I used it for their best their best interest.
Speaker 1: They're going to have to have her on the show.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and apparently she also never told her husband that she's an alien, right, or that her kid's an alien, even though ELI knew they were.
Speaker 3: How how how did she have a wig on?
Speaker 1: If Sue or wig you would know, I would I also know was an alien.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but I mean you would know. The wig thing is a big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, it's also it's.
Speaker 3: Especially when the daughter ends up coming out like, I don't know. This was a little confusing for me. Maybe the only part that I needed a little bit more.
Speaker 1: The rest of it perfection for you, because this part way through.
Speaker 3: You that is not going to affect my rating.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 2: Addison says goodbye to her parents and friends, but the spaceship was damaged by the werewolves during the fight.
Speaker 1: There's an almost seventy percent chance it won't take off, and even worse, Z shows up excited. He's decided he's gonna go with them. But no, no, no, no, no, he can't. They explain only alien species can fly on the mother ship and he looks very desperate. Now, poor guy, And as his ship continues to power down, the werewolves arrived to make up for damaging the spaceship. They've brought the Moonstone to repower.
Speaker 2: The UFO, and with the help of the z bands, they all work together to make it work. Robot, Eliza and Wyatt have now connected as a couple, and a Aspen and Willa seem to be hitting it off too, so the mothership beams everyone up to work on the engine. And the last thing you needed to repair the ship is for Addison to work as a bridge between the power lines. She is the DNA to get it done again, all up in her colon, so she grabs the power chords and works as the conduit. But it was too much power she had to let go, so Zed jumps in. He can help, even if it kills him. The power picks back up and it is a lot. Zed starts to zombie rage out, but eventually the engine kicks back in. The ship is back to full charge and takes off immediately.
Speaker 1: Everyone sprints to get beamed.
Speaker 2: Home, including Zed, who says one last I love you to Addison, and as they kissed, finally able to touch again, they tear up and he's gone, and Sabrina was crying, bawling by this point.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you were weren't you admit it? Were you?
Speaker 3: I mean when they come and the sea bans in the MOONSTI it's all just working it's all working out well.
Speaker 1: It's all coming up aces so good.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's just so good.
Speaker 2: Everyone is back on Earth now Sands their favorite cheerleader, and they're all sad. And then we get another big reprise from Zombies one and two. It's a very sad arrangement of everyone singing Someday. Best song in the movie by far in my opinion, because in the end the romans they were singing about did not come.
Speaker 1: Together some day after all. Oh, I can just see Sabrina as a sobbing mess. And then it's graduation day at high school. Zet is ready but still missus Addison. He meets up with everyone, including Eliza, who's valedictorian and still a robot, and up on the ship, the Mother probes Addison's mind and sees everything she's been through in the first two movies, including all the conflict they've overcome. Addison explains that through conflict, everyone may progress. Through challenging each other, the aliens realize that love is powerful and it can handle disagreements, and so Addison puts two and two together. Her grandmother wanted the Aliens to live at Seabrook. It's utopia, the perfect place to live.
Speaker 2: Back at graduation, Bucky, who if you remember, is Addison's cousin, is trying to convince everyone he's not an alien. The group is all very excited to go off to Mountain College, but are still sad about Addison, and that's when she beams back down.
Speaker 1: She reveals that Seabrook is the utopia.
Speaker 2: It's not perfect, certainly, it's messy and emotional, but change can happen here. Even the Mothership admits it's the ideal place to call home. Now all reunited, we return to animation. The Aliens move into Seabrook and start college. They can work through anything and welcome the unexpected. We see a mermaid in the water, which maybe was originally supposed to be the addition to Zombies four, which they probably went water that much it's gonna be expensive.
Speaker 1: That'll also be Zombies five.
Speaker 2: We also get our final song, nothing but Love for You, with everyone now together, even the mascots. The credits roll over the final dance number and Bucky tries to steal the Mothership to bring his cheerleading greatness to space, but he just circles in place, still Bucky. And that's our movie, Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Can we do some real reviews?
Speaker 3: We can.
Speaker 1: You've got the five star this year, this week, here you go.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy I get to do the five star. We've got five star from Arnold the Dinosaur.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great name.
Speaker 3: First for us to have a dinosaur.
Speaker 1: I love it. Dinosaur movies here.
Speaker 3: A truly a masterpiece. If I could describe it in one word, it would be life changing.
Speaker 1: It would be a word. That's two words, Arnold the Dinosaur.
Speaker 3: This movie was a T shirt. I would rip it off the coat hanger and wear it every day I saw it. The addition of aliens to this already perfect universe was icing on the cake. Truly, no more words except for cake, sweet sweet cake.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Arnold, Arnold five stars. I've got the one star from Lillian A. And here it is. They stole seventeen Song and gave it no credit. Listen to the beginning of Hey Buddy, then listen to the cheerleading scene where they win the competition. The trumpet like music is seventeen song and it angers me. That nobody is going to know it. Okay, so let's check this out.
Speaker 2: I have no idea who seventeen is, but this is the opening song.
Speaker 1: Great, hey, buddy, here we go. Oh uh huh, I got to face.
Speaker 2: Now let's hear the beginning of Fired Up. Okay, it's pretty damn similar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it actually is. It sounds pretty pretty similar. I mean, there's so many ways to fight.
Speaker 1: That I know. But that's some music.
Speaker 3: But that's again, that's a that's a good catch for somebody to be hearing that and reckon, they must have been a big seventeen fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never been here seventeen, but that Yeah, that's okay. Well, yeah, all right, and now we come to uh Sabrina's favorite part of the program here, of course, not that's.
Speaker 3: Getting me off my pedistal. Today, Jensen can find a way to do it.
Speaker 1: Our feature is one thirds wo n one thirds get it for our first ever threequel. Still sounds strange to be magical?
Speaker 3: Rewind.
Speaker 1: Here we will be giving clues about something in pop culture that came third nail three out of five and we're winners. Here we go number one.
Speaker 2: I'm going to answer this first because you obviously know the answer to this, and I probably won't. So let's see, Okay, the third born Jonas brother.
Speaker 3: Wait, I don't get to count this as one of my three.
Speaker 1: No, of course you do. You'd wait, you get it right, you get it right.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I'll answer first because I'm guessing you know who it is and I don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think it's Norman.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, you do you know the names of the Jonas brothers by now?
Speaker 1: I don't? I know Joe Jonas seriously, seriously, all.
Speaker 3: Right, I am an almost fifty year old man, and it's Jonah. But we've talked about them.
Speaker 1: Listen everything, come on, no idea, Kevin.
Speaker 3: Then Joe is the middle one, and then Nick is the third Joe.
Speaker 4: We're talking about that. It's Nick Jonas.
Speaker 3: Taken my one when I got back.
Speaker 1: The number two. The full title of the third High School Musical Movie? Isn't it just called High School Musical three?
Speaker 3: I think it's this is where you might die. I think it's called High School Musical the movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, I say high School Musical three.
Speaker 4: It's called High School Musical three Senior year Okay, Okay.
Speaker 3: I think I'm stuck on High School Musical, the musical series of Seriously, I'm stuck on another one.
Speaker 1: All right, how about the third president.
Speaker 3: Of the Oh my gosh, this is so embarrassing to not know this at all.
Speaker 1: Not really, The third president was Thomas Jefferson.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we're we're tied at one both.
Speaker 2: Number four, the third Disney theme park to open. I think I know this one.
Speaker 3: I think it's Tokyo. Is it Paris? Okay? Paris, Tokyo, Shanghai.
Speaker 1: I think you're going way too way too to new, way too new. I think it's going to be Epcot.
Speaker 3: Oh is that considered outside of Disney World though? Isn't that the same?
Speaker 1: No? I think I think Epcot would be considered its own park. I think, well I'll jump in.
Speaker 4: Let's say third Disneyland.
Speaker 3: Okay, you've got Disneyland than Disney World Florida.
Speaker 1: Oh, then then euro Disney would be third, the one.
Speaker 3: In Paris, the Paris one, right.
Speaker 1: I think that's called euro Disney.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think Tokyo was.
Speaker 4: After Brina talks out of the right answer, Tokyo Disney.
Speaker 3: Oh, my sister in law's like crazy with like Walt Disney she's done. She's won an Emmy for her her docs on this guy, I should know this.
Speaker 1: I watched, well you did. I talked you out of it. See what's the third Planet from the Sun, Sabrina.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, will really do you really not know?
Speaker 1: There's a show called Third Rock from the Sun?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 1: Earth?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I wish that was my question. God, damn it, I wish I was my question. All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, what's the third Indiana Jones movie title?
Speaker 3: Oh? I have no idea Indiana Jones. I don't think I've ever watched past the first one?
Speaker 2: What? Oh my god, it's Indiana Jones and the last Crusade.
Speaker 4: Got too right, terrible showing all around.
Speaker 3: It is what I still you can't you still can't do it. That's not going to ruin my good mood over here.
Speaker 1: Pick Earth. Producers in the chat just wrote, Sabrina.
Speaker 3: I swear to like it makes it seem like I like want to be like some dissy idiot.
Speaker 1: You're not a ditsy idiot. It's some people just don't do the trivia stuff the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not a yeah, no, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Buckle up, will let me just sit back.
Speaker 2: Let's let's sit back for the Sabrina seas.
Speaker 3: Right off from the start, I literally was like, hold on, Meg, we know her in the movies as Alison is like uber hot. She like all of a sudden became like to me, she went from super cute, obviously a pretty girl to where she was like in this movie. To me, she just somehow it was like, you know, like in your like twenties, there's just something that happens, like with your jawline and your cheek bones and all that. Like she just like has is into her just like nobody can mess with me. Thank you. Oh my gosh, I just right from the start went, oh my gosh, she's just stunny. When Willa came in, I went, Holy cow, this girl is just beyond gorgeous. And I know I said that when we met her.
Speaker 1: The cast is jeditiful cast.
Speaker 3: I mean it is awesome. I mean the cast is just absolutely gord. I think one of the hottest casts we've.
Speaker 1: Ever Yea, I wouldn't deserve boar.
Speaker 3: I were so beautiful that it just is incredible. Okay, moving on, there's some other things we're going to move past those because it was like absolutely in that rally when the whole football team is supposed to be coming in, there was like fifteen people on a football team. No, there's like they're in the thirties, Like that was a tiny football team.
Speaker 1: Hey, I was on a football team. There was aven of us on the whole.
Speaker 3: No way, you guys did play. I don't think that's enough to play on the field.
Speaker 1: We played both ways.
Speaker 3: In high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had the high school team I was on. We played both ways. Yeah, I played well. I was on the offensive and defensive line. Why that eleven of.
Speaker 3: Us every game?
Speaker 2: Dang?
Speaker 3: Okay? Anyway, during the alien vision, we didn't talk about this. I hate this is such a specific thing that happens now, especially with phones when a crisis is going on. Why are they in the song too? Let's talk about your boys. How they talk about what they're doing. They talk about getting the phone out and filming. What it's like if they're okay. Now, keep in mind, I don't believe in aliens like all that much trying to come into our world. I think they are fine and away from us. If they if it's if a mothership of some sort, I don't care. If it was actually Rule Paul's voice talking down to me. As much as I love Ru Paul, I would be jetting out there. I would have I have to think about it, would have to to force my self to grab my kid's wrists because I would be like, we gotta go. I would not be getting my phone out, and I hate that. That's the way the world is now. Don't film it. Get the f out of Dodge Martyr people. Oh my gosh, I hate people like that. Okay, we didn't. You didn't talk about it either on this so I made a star. You normally talk about the funny things that happened when there's when they're going through these like musical things, they almost like die during an archery class.
Speaker 1: Was the archery was the thing going through? I was gonna mention that yet just people shooting arrows at them.
Speaker 3: Just don't worry.
Speaker 1: We're so in love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just die together, No big deal. Okay, this is gonna be a little bit controversial for my major zombie fans out there. Come On Out was a song I loved, loved the song, loved the spacing choreography was on. Okay, the dancers and this routine lost it a little bit. Really, timing was not what the rest of us on Zombies World are used to seeing these dancers nail really again that that there's parts of the routine and I'm and I my favorite group is the wolf Pack. They are my favorite. I love their style, but it is very hard. You can tell it's an intricate type style. And the timing was off the dancers, the actor like, the timing was off in a couple sections, and I went, wait a minute, because you know, I've said it many times how much I love the dancing.
Speaker 1: In these course and I kind of.
Speaker 3: Was like, whoa, what happened? Guys, what happened? Where'd our rehearsal time go? No? God, oh god, I'm sure they're watching it going that damn it. I wish I had a chance to do.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't even notice.
Speaker 3: I mean, you have to have like an eye of like like that. But yes, my next thing brings me actually to my Sobbery dance collection because watching when she was up in that spaceship, all they could think of was what the hell is she wearing for her practice gear? Our girl Addison's practice outfit when her cheer outfit is not cute zombies. Hit me up bring a dance official, because I will get you guys looking much better than whatever she was wearing. She was wearing cropped pants when she gets to the spaceship right after they dance, are they cheer? They perform? And I was just like, hit me up my ig official from Seabrook Paul, I will take care of the zombies.
Speaker 1: Five.
Speaker 3: I don't worry because it needs an adjustment. We cannot be wearing that. That is ridiculous. No, no, you cannot do addison like that. Don't do that like shif. I was kind of going, oh god, what are they wearing? And then the did the spaceship? I wanted to ask, this is more of a question, how did it when they're in the spaceship Xenon or zombies with a spaceship life?
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh? How to live like how they live? Up? Well?
Speaker 3: How did how do you rank them?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well, I mean there's no comparison.
Speaker 2: I mean the zombies looked so much better because it had a way bigger budget and it's twenty years later.
Speaker 3: But it didn't it didn't seem as creative as I felt like Xenon. We kept going Oh, this was really kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 2: I think I think they wanted to do I think they did it specifically where it's like the ship is cool, but they're stuck on.
Speaker 1: The ship because their planet's been destroyed.
Speaker 3: Versus Z that's their home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that's they're straight up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, thank you. All right, that's a good question. I'm glad I asked you. Now we're back. Now we're to Z.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what you have? This whole Z thing? What's that?
Speaker 3: Zed's starting to piss me off a little bit. I love Z. I'm like, I'm in it.
Speaker 1: It was exceptional. I heard him saying about it.
Speaker 3: I know. And he's starting to piss me off because I went to a regular high school. Okay, z's don't. They don't exist. They don't exist. Okay, Zed's way too cool, way too good, way too nice, way too good of a boyfriend, just to carrying most like just the perfect individual guys out there. My girls that are in high school, Z's do not exist. In high school guys are not like that yet, they have not gone through the trenches. That is not just starting to upset me a little bit.
Speaker 1: That a little.
Speaker 3: Too high because deeds are not in high school, they are not. They aren't maybe in college. Wow, the after college. Starting to get a little upset because I'm starting because it just makes.
Speaker 1: Him too perfect. Start just kidding, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just going, wait a minute, this this kind of guy perfect, but she's perfect perfect. But there are girls like Addison and there's not. Yes, there is that.
Speaker 2: You can't say there's girls, these perfect girls like Addison, but no perfect guys.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do believe that. I don't think Addison is much of a No. I feel like girls would they're girl I just okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because whatirls girls, especially in high school, are most known for, especially when they're really popular, is being nice and accepting of everyone else around them.
Speaker 3: Come Maybe maybe not, but I do believe that that is a guys being so unlike. Oh anyway, that was just one of my points, Like I was just going, oh my gosh, this Z guy is just like way too perfect. This is crazy.
Speaker 2: You have to understand he was also spent his entire life growing up being marginalized and beat down, so when he gets a chance to then be cool in high school, he wants to be nice to everyone around him because he knows what it's like to be on the other side of that.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, okay, my last my only like again little tweaks that I'm just going, oh my gosh when it comes to we didn't really cover Finally me, which is the dance the cheer thing, right, that was probably my least favorite of the performances because it was not cheer like the the Eels had them most. The Eels that were the very first on the tear Off, they had the most realistic cheer routine with actual cheerleaders. You could tell that was a cheer group. This with our Seabrook cheerleaders, I think they're too dancy to be actual cheerleaders. You could, you know, And it's like we're Movie three, all we I mean, obviously she does the big flip and it's it's but in real like when they're actually filming her, all she can do is a shoulder, sit and hold. This is Movie three. She could at least be in a basic I mean, I'm forty years old and I haven't really actually done a lot of stunting, but you could teach me that. If I had a couple of weeks, I could get into like a basic where they're holding her here, not sitting on someone's shoulders. Not okay, not okay, I'm not happy with it. Last thing, guys, I told you I had that. This is also last thing. Did you see the easter egg that we had at the very end, which where we were introduced to what we were going You mentioned a mermaid thing. Yeah, there's a sign in the cartoon area that says welcome vampires.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I didn't see that at all.
Speaker 3: In the cartoon portion of where we're going and how we're you know, rounding out the storyline. Yeah, there says welcome vampire.
Speaker 1: That's so I did not see that.
Speaker 2: I thought there was another easter egg actually paused and round it.
Speaker 1: I don't think they did it on purpose, but they might have. When they're cutting to Seabrook being fixed, they spend a good amount of time on a tow truck driving up and driving by, and it looked like they tried to make it look like toe Mater from the cars. Oh so, I don't know if that was on purpose, but it looked like that could have been a little Disney Pixar, a little Easies.
Speaker 3: Maybe I love that. And that's where I'm done. Guys, welcome vampires.
Speaker 1: Can't wait, can't wait. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: We are now to the portion of our program, of course, where we are going to rate. We're gonna do one to ten. I'm not even gonna make it fancy this time. I think one should be the worst, in ten should be the best.
Speaker 1: That's the best way to do it. Options this week Sabrina Option one zombie steroids do you want to do? One out of ten? A preggers.
Speaker 2: One out of ten, pep Rally recruitments, UF woes one out of ten. Overcrowded local colleges one out of ten, Eliza Steampunk Robots one out of ten, Triple hip hop, double Tuck, Lindy's Coaches, Froyo stores maps in your colon, or apparently seventeen all boy K pop groups that we did not hear about. I don't know who picks this week, so I'm gonna let you pick this week, and you better pick the one I want you to pick.
Speaker 3: I know you won't you all right, We'll do one out of ten maps in your colon.
Speaker 1: Alright. I thought you're gonna pick as, but I like that matter. No, no, no, you know it's been said, it's been said. I think do I rate first? This time? I can never remember who goes first?
Speaker 3: I can't either. We need somebody to help us.
Speaker 1: With that, all right, exactly, I'll go first. What the heck?
Speaker 3: Okay? All right?
Speaker 2: I liked this movie. I definitely did. I like the entire franchise. I think so far, I like them in popularity in the order they've come. I think the first one is the best, the second one was good, and the third one is good. But I think they go in order. Yeah, I had some Again, the songs were two on that. They're starting to just get two on the nose for me. They also, it's the same kind of story every movie. Now I get why they're doing it. It's clever you bring in the new death and you know, I'm okay with it, but it's it's you know, it's the same movie kind of three times in a row. But again, cast phenomenal. You're right, best looking cast we probably ever had. They're super talented. The choreogra looks great. That just the whole setting of Seabrook is really great. So I'm still going to give this eight point five.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Maps in your colon, it's a soft eight point five.
Speaker 2: I could go, it's oh my god, oh my god, we're going it's a soft eight point five maps in your colon. Yes, I'm saying it again. It is not a rock hard eight point five maps in your colon.
Speaker 1: It'd be a rock hard eight.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I am literally about to get on.
Speaker 2: But an eight point five soft maps in your colon is what I'm saying, Sabrina, you where do you got it?
Speaker 1: How many tens have you given this?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so you're you might be a little surprised because I'm not giving it a ten. It's not going to a ten. I, however, really sunk into this movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love this franchise so much. I do think the storyline is becoming repetitive. So I'm really excited. Think what it is too is knowing that that anticipation of like we're about we're this is gonna be the first time will that something is like premiering while we started this podcast, everything else has been a unlesson. I get corrected again. Here, I'm wait for lisit It to pop up and go you are incorrect, You're incorrect, But I'm pretty sure this is our first like premiere that we're gonna get to see a Zombies floor like as it's happening, right, We're gonna watch it blow up, we're gonna see the ratings, We're gonna see it as it's happening. So I think that's part of my excitement of it is knowing that there's something else. And so I went through the emotions. Towards the end, I was just again, I was like, the look the bands, the moon that that like they're all coming together. Like I just I really loved it. I thought that the relationship, the fact that we're getting the forever and then we got I think for our main characters, the first I Love you Yeah. I don't remember getting that in high school musical, like an actual I Love you Yeah. I thought some of that stuff was really elevated with this franchise than other things that we've seen. However, I do think that I, like I said, it took me two times to fall in love with this movie on the button, the bottle feeding that was happening pulls me back just a tiny bit, not as much as you, but I'm just you, guys, I'm like a zombie fan here. I'm right there with Danielle writer. I will get the kids together, we will get the popcorn, we will get the dam We will all be watching these over and over again, and I will love every moment of it. I really thought the choreography was so smart, and just kudos to that choreographer. That cannot be an easy job and kudos. So I've already talked about how much I love it. I'm going with a nine maps. I'm going with the nine maps in your colon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, all right, so rock hard eight soft eight and a half to a pretty rock hard nine I'm thinking for Sabrina there, idn't I couldn't.
Speaker 5: Hear that.
Speaker 1: What I heard?
Speaker 2: Oh my, so thank you so much for joining it. Well, we did Zombies three and now guess what comes next? Yes, we are going right into watching the Lizzie McGuire movie again.
Speaker 1: I am kidding. That will never happen unless I'm being tortured for some reason. No, we are now doing Zombies four.
Speaker 2: That's right, our first ever real time recap at Sabrina was saying, and we'll be talking about the newest d coom right as it airs. You can watch it live on the Disney Channel on July tenth, or streaming on Disney Plus the Falling Day and if you want to stay current, But either way, we're gonna learn all about the new vampires in Seabrook together. I've got some predictions. They're gonna be good looking, they're gonna sing, they're gonna dance, and they're gonna eventually be accepted by everybody in town. And as always, we have so many episodes completely engulfed in the universe of the dcom recaps of your favorites and interviews with the stars that made these movies so iconic. So just search for our dedicated Magical Rewind feed wherever you get your podcasts, and for more info, you can follow us at Magical Rewind Pod on the Instagram machine. Right now, and I'm going to sing you out a little song because our podcast is ending, so I want to make it really clever.
Speaker 5: Our podcast is ending right now, and you can join us next time. Yeah, it's a great podcast and it's on you can get it where you get your podcasts and stuff. Yeah, that's a pretty good song.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Nice bye, everybody.