Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news. You're listening to Bloomberg Business Week with Carol Masser and tim Stenoveek on Bloomberg Radio. Okay, Davos, it's a place to see and be seen.
Speaker 2: Yes or yeah it is, I mean listen. It's where the world's billionaires go right. Global leaders gathered this past week at the World Economic Forum's annual meeting. It was also where a pair of blue aviators made headlines and were talked up around the globe. Those glasses became a hot item and demand, according to the company that makes them.
Speaker 1: For more, we head to Italy Anti Stefano Fulchier, the CEO of Ivision Tech. It's the parent company of the French luxury brand Henry Julienne, which made the glasses. Stefano, good to have you on the program. Take us through what happened since President McCrone wore those glasses. What did you see in terms of demand? What did you see in terms of people buying them?
Speaker 3: Tell us everything, Yeah, evening and thank you to have invited me. So I think the effect is like a one effect. It was amazing because from Tuesday our website went in crash. Different times we have received a lot of phone calls because everybody wants to buy something like that, you know, and so they have realized that the ivory is from a Rijilien and so we are covered full of requests and now we have immediately started to make power for the production of this model because everybody all over the world wanted so you know, the sales impact reaction was also amazing, and we have sold in one day like the same quantity of one hour of production of this model, which is.
Speaker 2: How many can you share with us what that number is?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Sure, we are not talking about very big numbers because we are a luxury brand, so we produce this iware that is in gold lamination, so very particular. And now we are more than two hundred in only one day for this model, and so the demand is we receive orders every minute, so we have blocked the PayPal three times, so we need every time to make a restritoration of the website. So it is amazing.
Speaker 2: What's happening.
Speaker 1: We know shares the company up forty percent so far this month. Today they're up more than twenty one percent.
Speaker 2: I mean often running listen, did you know that he owned a pair and I'm just curious. Tell us about these classes. What are they made of? I mean, how much did they go for?
Speaker 3: So everything happens in twenty twenty four because we have received a call from the Eliza, from the assistant of the president and they want to buy one because they want to make a present for a minister in the period of g twenty So I remember that I ever received this call. And so when we have received this call, we say, wow, this is the president, so we have to do something more and we want to make a present also to give you something. But the assistant told us okay, please, okay, but we want to pay, so you know, they try to respect that and they ask us to have everything made in France. So they want something, you know, every phase, because you want to represent a product from the history of France. And I have to tell to you that, you know, rigial En is an historical brand. The company is born in nineteen twenty one and this is a one hundred years company. And so when we have sent them, we don't We didn't have any news after that, and we recognized between our customers because of some customers during Monday, they start to send me pictures and they say is it that an originally en and they say yes, and so on Tuesday everything happens.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So I want to talk a little bit about supply chains here, because what is notable about these frames is that they are made in France. In this day and age, most sunglasses are and most classes are actually made at least the ones that come to the US are actually made in China. And I'm curious about the supply chain here in a conversation where we're talking a lot about domestic manufacturing in the United States that's been a big focus of President Trump. How do you keep manufacturing in France and not outsource it to other parts of the world where it would be a lot cheaper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you very much for this question, because I would like to start from the beginning, because our company was born six years ago, because we have started in October twenty twenty, so in the middle of the COVID period, because we have both the Sapphilo plant in Udine, so one hour from Venice, and the idea is to restart the production of the IWA in Frily so freely is our region where I live. And you know, in that period the Saphalo has closed the plant and we restart the production inside. And we have a huge capacity here in Italy because our main company in Italy is a capacity about one million highware per year. So if we are talking about our company at visually En in France, we produce like one thousand pieces per year. So we have a very niche market for this type of production. And what we have done the idea when we have both at Julien in October twenty twenty three, so after our listing in the stock has change, we have decided to create like a boutique. So our idea was to produce in France only some small pieces. Talking about the historical process everything hancraft with a lot of faces. And I would like also to say to you that this iur is in gold lamination, So what is the particularity of that that inside you can find gold and so it's a very precious material. And the final price is not too amazing because we are talking about six hundred and fifty euros each and talking about gold is a very competitive price. But this is something that represents, you know, the story of the French production. And finally, I believe that we are based in the two most being important all over the world. Because if we're talking about highware production made in France is very important, like made in Italy. So you know, in France there is the Jura area that is very famous, like in Italy that we have Cadore, and Cadora is very famous for the iware companies, you know. So we have a lot of knowledge, a lot of people, and to create a good iWar you need also to have a good stuff, good people. Our people inside has twenty five years of experience to create iwor so IW is not really easy to produce something like that.
Speaker 2: So I am wondering. I just want to jump in for a moment because we just have about a minute or so left here, and I do wonder if what the goal is because you know, I'm looking at as Tim mentioned, the start up about seventy percent or so this week, a jump twenty one percent today, And I'm curious that kind of can get the attention of investors or other companies out there, is anybody calling you, reaching out to you to talk about let's let's work together. I think about you know, Lexotica, who's out there, who is massive in the glass space. What is your goal? You've got brands like ray Band that are out there. You know, I think we all saw that. We thought about former President Joe Biden who used to wear the aviators as well. So what is the goal? Is ray Band something that you'd like like? Is there a company that you're thinking this is where? This is our goal where we want to be And just got about forty five seconds or so.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Sure. So you know, our is a family company, so working with me, I have my sister and my brother, So is a family company. I am thirty nine years old, so we are younger and I believe that we are at the beginning to develop a company. We have started only six years ago, so we are a small company. Then you know the biggest one that is look Cetica that you ever talked about it. So our idea is to develop a different type of company after our position of listing. We have made some M and A and we buy some electronical companies and in the last year we have presented the first tiwer technological one for blinding people. So we have a patent project of that. And our idea is like our name, Ivision Tech, so we want to produce something technological. So we are following smart device smart tiwere and I believe that in this field we can do more. So we are a classical company to produce Standard iWar but we have all the knowledge for that. Well.
Speaker 2: As we said, the eyeglass is seen around the globe. Really great to catch up with you. Thank you so much for finding time for us, and have a good weekend. Stefano full Chair is CEO of Ivision Tech, joining us there from Italy.