Speaker 1: Second date, up date. If someone sets you up on a blind date, what are the worst possible case scenarios that could come of it? Like, in the first five minutes they ask for a job interview at your company. I don't know you would like that.
Speaker 2: I mean I thought of worse things in my head than that.
Speaker 1: I didn't even get you. Yeah, driving the getaway car and they do the bank heist.
Speaker 2: I mean, how are they.
Speaker 1: Let's say they were really.
Speaker 2: Hot, I mean fast driver.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's exciting. Maybe you realize halfway through dinner your date is just three children standing on top of each other in a trench coat. It happens more than you think. Hey, you guys want to go play Fortnite? Yeah, best case scenario for jose. But one of our listeners, Janelle, said she had the worst possible thing happened after she was set up on a date by her friend to us today, Wait.
Speaker 2: You know worse than the three children on stacked on top of each other.
Speaker 3: It's worse than that.
Speaker 1: Five toddlers, baby, dude.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna stop being at your page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's stop guessing. Why don't you tell us the story you said a friend set you up on a blind date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so one of my friends at work, she was a happy hour and there's this cute guy. Okay, she's being there and she wanted me to hang out.
Speaker 2: Like a waiter at the happy hour place. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: No, he hangs out there.
Speaker 1: Uh brook. Her biggest fantasy is like making away with one of the staff with the help.
Speaker 2: Fantasy or reality job.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, okay, who was she trying to set you up with?
Speaker 3: This guy named David? She's like, he's a real cutie, so why don't you come up here and try your hands?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is like a spontaneous date that she set up while she was out somewhere already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I get up there and one got cute of course, and we get there and it's not busy at all. So once I walk inside the door, I immediately lock eyes with It's gotta be David. And guess what what? I know David already because he has experiment three years ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she knows your type because it is your type because you've dated him before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh no, is that good or bad?
Speaker 3: Awkward? Because he kind of just disappeared on me three years ago he texted me like and just you know, gave him my walking paper be it text ox.
Speaker 1: Was goodbye, We're done. Yeah, at least he messaged you. A lot of guys wouldn't even have to do that.
Speaker 2: I love how that's still a positive. Like how long did you guys hang out for three years ago?
Speaker 3: Just for a few months. It wasn't long at all, but just kind of by you know, wow.
Speaker 1: My god, So how did your friends find out that this was your ex?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I just kind of blurted it out.
Speaker 3: I was like, I dated him before my O, what.
Speaker 2: Did they say?
Speaker 3: Everybody was just embarrassed for me and was He kind of pulled me to the side, and he's apologetic. He said he wanted to explain to me the reason, but I didn't want an explanation.
Speaker 2: Like, oh about why he kind of goes to do it for maybe there was a good explanation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well kind of just let me know that he wasn't ready for what I was looking for at that time.
Speaker 1: He was busy studying to be a doctor to say babies lives something worse than that.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, I think he had other ideas of what he wanted to do with his time.
Speaker 1: Or who probably must don't lie about that stuff.
Speaker 2: But did he do the thing where he comes crawling back because now he's seen that there isn't anything better in the dating world.
Speaker 3: I can't say that, But what I can say is, after a few dreams we talked about making out, I mean.
Speaker 1: Talk about thinking about making out.
Speaker 2: Who brought that up?
Speaker 3: I did? He was kind of one of my best makeout partners.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, you're totally disappointed that it was David when you showed up to the bar.
Speaker 1: You can make out, though, but you've gone from like I cannot believe I got set up with this horrible x of mind to talking about you're the best makeout I've ever had.
Speaker 3: Then calling us to call him again.
Speaker 4: It isn't funny?
Speaker 3: How light is.
Speaker 2: What happened that night?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, guys, I'm going to shock you with this one. We made out.
Speaker 1: You don't say.
Speaker 2: You went back to his place?
Speaker 3: No? No, No, he fit me home in an uber like I was on cloud night.
Speaker 2: Wow, you want the uber?
Speaker 3: Was he like?
Speaker 2: See she's getting I thought this was your talk.
Speaker 1: Stop asking to make out with me and go home. That's a good point. We're saying, congrats, did you want to leave with him or no. Of course I wanted to leave with him. Okay, but he was trying to be responsible.
Speaker 2: Did you really think at the end of the night you would hear from him again?
Speaker 3: I was hoping.
Speaker 1: Okay, you were.
Speaker 4: Some people grow you know.
Speaker 1: Have you tried to contact him after that night happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You have?
Speaker 2: How many times and at what time of day?
Speaker 3: The whole history has a repeats itself.
Speaker 4: Apparently I didn't learn my lessons because he's not responding again.
Speaker 2: Back to this, Why do you think us calling him is going to make a difference because we're not heard.
Speaker 3: Bro, I think he'll be honest, Like I learned something from this.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're still willing to give this guy a chance after he ditched you, not once, but twice.
Speaker 2: This will end the cycle that toxic.
Speaker 1: Don't trust the gen Z on what's toxic and not ration about gen Zer.
Speaker 2: But don't trust Alexis.
Speaker 1: She just takes it four boys before we started. But you know what, We're gonna try this. We're gonna do this for you, Janelle. We're gonna call David, who's technically one of your exes, and see if he's willing to give it another shot with you. I hope he remember to what's happening. We're doing it with our second date update right after this hold on second date update. If you're just joining us, this is definitely an unusual one for second date because we're kind of reaching out to Janelle's ex boyfriend David.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's a kind of about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the return of the Dave because they dated. They dated three years ago when he suddenly ditched her over text message. So fast forward today, at a random happy hour they accident, we got set up on a blind date, which of course was very awkward when it first started, but after an apology and a lot of drinks, they were in a much better place. Yes, even ended up making out again that night, which I.
Speaker 2: Mean in your ex is at a bar, who isn't going to make out with him? It's how you say?
Speaker 1: Hi. Ye, Now Dave is being shady once again, shocking, so we need to call him and figure out once and for all what's going on? Brooke, what are your thoughts on this situation?
Speaker 2: I just think you know already what's going on, but I get it.
Speaker 1: Like it's the chase.
Speaker 2: It's why doesn't he want you like that is totally understandable.
Speaker 3: A member, now unless I ask how about that?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well, the two times that he told you know.
Speaker 2: The thing is she wants an answer that he hasn't given her yet.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, maybe a radio show calling will help give him some clarity and realize that you're the one for him.
Speaker 2: What I still think there's something there? You're hoping he grew up? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dating world has really messed you up. All right, Well, you know what, there's some optimism in the room. Let's give David a call see if he answers. I'm down the number right now. Hello, Hey, we're looking to talk to David. Yeah, this is hey David. Brace yourself because you're on the radio right now.
Speaker 2: Hey David, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: What is this allowed? Allowed? That's all required. It's part of our show. As long as I tell you that you're on the radio, then it's legal.
Speaker 2: Not funny. It's very easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay with them. Yeah, we'll be stuff if you swear. This is a segment that we do called the second Date Update, where we try to help one of our listeners reconnect with somebody that they had like a romantic spark with Okay, okay, and this is a woman that you actually have a lot of history with, but you met up with her again recently at a happy hour named Janelle.
Speaker 4: Oh why does she want?
Speaker 2: Oh so that was like, what does she want? I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I mean the short answer is like, what she wants is to see you again.
Speaker 4: Oh no, yeah, I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: Oh well, Oh were you excited to see Janelle when she walked into the bar?
Speaker 4: No, that was super awkward.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, hold on, hold on. In her defense, she was like, oh no, I've dated him, and it was like it was awkward for her too. Yeah, that's true. It was awkward for the people in the room too, when they all found out that you guys had been together before. Yeah. So yeah, okay, I mean totally understandable. But Janelle said that after you guys hung out for a little bit, after you had a few you drinks, things seem to settle in more. And you even apologize to her.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean, like, I don't like that I semi ghosted her. It's not like who I am, you know, I don't mean to do that.
Speaker 2: It's kind of what you're doing again because.
Speaker 1: Well, he doesn't like that he's doing it again. Yeah, it just doesn't make him feel good, but he will do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean like, look, I know I told her I had grown, but like I don't want to date.
Speaker 2: Wait, you don't want to date or you don't want.
Speaker 4: To date her just in general honestly. Oh yeah, I mean she I know she wants to like settle down and have kids, and like we talked about that, but I don't. I don't want to do that. I don't I want to be single. I don't want to disappoint her or anything.
Speaker 2: I think that is like such a hard thing for women to accept, and I don't like I think that you're totally valid for saying that, but like so many times women can be like, well.
Speaker 4: But if you do it with me, I can see us having plans on a Friday night and then a buddy calls me up and is like, hey, when I go hang out, and honest to god, I would ditch her. It's an unfortunate circumstance. It's like I won't make her a priority.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's because it's mature that you know that, and you can like say that.
Speaker 2: But it's not mature that the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't care like whatever judgment call you want to put on it. It's who I am and I admit it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody says who they are, you gotta believe them absolutely, at least you're saying it.
Speaker 1: Some people just ghost. Well he was doing he was.
Speaker 4: I mean, I was going to I was going to text her, but.
Speaker 1: Honestly, that classic text love that thing. I'm sorry to ruin your plans to text her and ditch her, but we need to tell you she's actually on the phone right now wanting to talk to you. Different energy than I thought.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 1: Jane to know you heard what he was saying? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean, but what could be so bad? David like me?
Speaker 1: Wait? Wait, are you not listening to him?
Speaker 3: I mean, if you wanted to hang out with your friends while we were hanging out, all you have to do is say so you can do that.
Speaker 1: Oh God, don't seriously like you don't mean that. Yes, it will be no issue.
Speaker 2: No, this is like I'm a cool girl, walk all over me. I don't do that.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to be understanding.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be understanding with someone who will make you also a priority.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you? Who respects you?
Speaker 4: I mean you want to be understanding, understand that, like, I don't want this?
Speaker 3: What exactly don't you want?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: There? It's crazy.
Speaker 4: I don't know. You want to be in a serious relationship and I'm looking for a very much more casual thing. I don't think you get it.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of thoughts, clothes I can put on.
Speaker 2: Cat that's a good spin. That's a good spin.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I don't know if you like who I am. I really don't.
Speaker 3: Oh what, You're an awesome person. What is there not to like about you?
Speaker 4: I don't want to do that though, I don't want to look. I buy my phenails and I eat them all rights, and I put the big ones. I keep the big ones in a little box.
Speaker 1: Oh god, what.
Speaker 2: The flexibility it takes to be able to do that.
Speaker 3: We'll just work on healthier coping mechanisms. Like that's all huh.
Speaker 1: Tying to get rid of her.
Speaker 3: There's so many other things that you can chew on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will. I feel like he's politely as possible trying to steer you away from a bad situation.
Speaker 2: But I wasn't. To her credit, I don't know. When we talked to her, she didn't say she wanted a big relationship with you. She literally said, I just want a couple more dates.
Speaker 4: Hanging out, Like, yeah, no, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think you.
Speaker 3: Will nail eating baby or anything with you.
Speaker 4: I don't think you get me like I'm super lazy. Okay, like I pee in the backyard instead of going upstairs to go pee.
Speaker 1: In the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Part of my nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: What my gosh, Jane, pick up your self respect, it's on the floor.
Speaker 3: I'm not a quitter. I am not a quitter.
Speaker 1: Okay, Janelle is still into this after the toe biting and the backyard defecating. We love to send you guys on another day that we would pay for, and he probably did you halfway through for his friends. I know the answer is yes from Janelle already, so we needed to get an answer from you, David. Would you be willing to see her one more time?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: You know you're great. Seriously, you're great.
Speaker 4: It's not you with me.
Speaker 1: I just don't watch that classic. Well, Janell, I'm sorry, but it looks like we're not going to be able to set you up a again with your ex boyfriend. That is the universal that's that's the title of Janelle's entire dating life.
Speaker 2: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning, Oh man, I have a lot of hope going, did you? I mean, before we even called him, I didn't have hope.
Speaker 1: What rekindling an old relationship worked for j Lo and ben Affleck didn't They look absolutely miserable whenever they're around each other, and both of their careers are tanking at an astronomical rate. Together Jeffrey, but they found the Duncan Donuts commercial together broke It is.
Speaker 2: Literally the only good thing that happened. And that was mostly because Matt Damon was I was.
Speaker 1: Just gonna say that they could have had their Matt Damon Duncan Donuts commercial moment watch someone wasn't willing to give it a chance.
Speaker 2: Wow, what a stickler. He is his own ideal.
Speaker 1: So you lost me the analogy. So she needs to date Matt Damon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we'll go with.
Speaker 1: That conclusion that the that's a good thing. Reach to reach out to him next, and we can reach out to anybody that you want us to. You just have to call us and we'll call that person. Not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcast out
Speaker 2: Broken, Jeffery Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning