Speaker 1: Featuring the FMW tenth Anniversary Show with the w e W Tag Team Championship on the line.
Speaker 2: W e W.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what it means.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means. You Woman's Extreme.
Speaker 1: Wrestling, That's what I thought it was. That's why I found this, because I typed in w e W. That's why I found this.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: But okay isakatsu Oya and Tetsuhiro Kuroda versus Raven and Tommy Dreamer with Francine Yeap. All right, let's just start playing it because it's long because of the entrances, which is a great place to start starting at.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say this is three hours and thirty eight minutes.
Speaker 1: Bring it to one hour and forty seven minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh shit.
Speaker 1: Hold on, okay, and for those listening, and I will put the link in a lot of Japanese here, obviously this is in Japan, so you will hear a ton of Japanese UH talking in the background outside of hearing Man in the Box and UH and Raven's theme. It's all it's all in Japanese.
Speaker 2: So before we press play, I was so angry at Dreamer because this was. It had a ramp and I had these heels, and I, you know, Tommy just never like we talked about entrances before, and he would just walk out and not really acknowledge his partner or whatever. And I say, can I please, can you hold my hand? Or can I hold your arm? And he got mad because I had to hold his arm walking down the friggin' ramp, which I wanted to punch him in his fat face.
Speaker 1: With that being said, tell me when to go. Let's go three, two, one?
Speaker 2: Oh, wait seven, I'm at one twenty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fine, Okay, Okay, So it's a very dark arena.
Speaker 2: Oh so we got motorcycles.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of lightser's motorcycles. But this is the first thing I got to ask you about.
Speaker 2: I don't remember motors.
Speaker 1: You don't remember motorcycles.
Speaker 2: Right, No, because this is for the other guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, so here's one of the guys. Right, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Really cooler to work there.
Speaker 1: I have to say, oh, I'm sure it was. It looks awesome. It looks absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: But there were a lot of people. You can't really tell because it's dark. There were a lot of people there.
Speaker 1: Right, so now this was the Was this the second time in Japan? Ok?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first time I was paired with Shane again.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's right, we watched that. Yeah, I love the look of it. Their rings are always very cool, you know. The Japanese look is sweet. Again at a lot of promo time from the Japanese guys. Yeah, it doesn't really kind of translate.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what was going on. I knew they were talking about me, and that's why I was getting hot because I was like, I don't even know how to respond to this, but it's their deal, so I just I just took it, you know.
Speaker 1: All right, So get ready for this. This is what I want to ask you if you're if you recall this. But the girl, Yeah, but what about the girl?
Speaker 2: I don't even know if I met her before this?
Speaker 1: I okay, this man editor is a rickshaw.
Speaker 2: I don't remember if this girl was like a pop singer. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: She sings this whole entrance and it's like a long entrance.
Speaker 2: I couldn't remember, Like, I don't remember if she was like a well known singer there in Tokyo. I do feel like I had a heads up that that somebody was going to say something against me on the mic, but they didn't really tell me what. And I was just like, yeah, you could say you know me. I'm like, you could say whatever. I don't care. But it got such a response from the crowd, and I remember saying, what the freak did? She just said about like, I don't know what's happening?
Speaker 1: Who was your Do you remember who was your like sponsor that weekend? You remember them at all? Yeah?
Speaker 2: We had one. I don't know who it was. We got to go to a lot of places.
Speaker 1: The event took place November twenty third, nineteen ninety nine, at the Yokohama Arena in Yokohama, Japan. Okay, So this lovely woman is serenading this gentleman. I'm not sure who he is. I don't know what's happening in like a very stereotypical Japanese appearance at the Rick Shaw and the hat and everything, and you know, and in today's I think this will get canceled.
Speaker 2: It's kind of racist, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, this was in ECW. They would have gotten killed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what's going on. She just keeps going.
Speaker 1: It sounds like she's saying the same thing over and over again. And that's why I was like staring at this being like, what the hell am I watching? I didn't get what you guys doing.
Speaker 2: What the hell are you just waiting at the curtain to come out?
Speaker 1: Like? What are we start to do?
Speaker 2: I you know, I only listened to my spots and everything else. I'm kind of like because half the time I didn't know what they were saying. I wasn't sure what was happening. I don't even think I met this broad until I went to the ring.
Speaker 1: I don't remember. She's still going.
Speaker 2: She just kept singing.
Speaker 1: Look she's still going. Literally now I'm gonna try.
Speaker 2: To extend a remix version of her pop hit. And he's got the slow clap going. Do you see this slow clap that's happening right here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh maybe partner, like, please shut up so we could come out, all right?
Speaker 1: You had to be dating this lady for her to get this much time.
Speaker 2: I think she was a pop star there, that's what I think. I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: It doesn't even have her name listed on here in any of the notes for the event.
Speaker 2: Well, she says something about me and she got me good, That's all I have to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's here's her promo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she gets to cut of promo too, like are here? I guess she is? What huh translation?
Speaker 1: I think they just said Francine's a bitch.
Speaker 2: They probably did, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Send her back to Philly where she belongs.
Speaker 2: Now we got a nice welcome.
Speaker 1: You guys got a video to here, which is pretty cool. Yeah, yeah, right, throw extreaming from anything that much bigger?
Speaker 2: Oh darrim more of the broad more than oh there she Hey, hey, look at victory?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought that was great. Where in the U kind of jumps out on his own right there?
Speaker 2: Oh they caught my bone? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What what's up with that? Faith? Now, if they only knew of your singing prowess, you could have Actually, I could have had an American idol in Japan.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you. He was so mad, he was so mad at this. Yeah look at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he already pulled his arm away.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, I'm like, naked, What the frig?
Speaker 1: This is an interesting attire.
Speaker 2: I love my boobs, though, I have to say, looking pretty healthy back then.
Speaker 1: Out of all the tires we've seen so far, This is definitely the most interesting.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my flat stomach. I'm so jealous of myself. What the hell happened to me?
Speaker 1: Are you enjoying the what are you have in there? Is your diet water? And like McDonald's, Like what are the too safe? I want you know in Japan though, because are you trusting the Japanese food? Do you having it all?
Speaker 3: Was?
Speaker 2: I ate the rice with the tuna and the seaweed wrap. That's all I ate the whole time I was there because I got sick on the other tour. I got real sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah you mentioned that, Yes, so I was scared.
Speaker 2: Oh, there was a fish head in my in my box and stuff. It was disgusting.
Speaker 1: A fish head? Isn't that a s We're going to kill you head eyeballs?
Speaker 2: I don't know what the hell they wanted me to eat. This is one of my favorite entrance themes.
Speaker 1: Love this one.
Speaker 2: I like this.
Speaker 1: Oh makes you want to go get my Raven Halloween costume?
Speaker 2: Put it on right now?
Speaker 1: Remember that is Oh he smacked a camera. Look at its bad.
Speaker 2: He's such a rebel. I don't even know. Are we baby faces? I don't think so, I don't know what we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think so, because I mean, we'll see at the end, but I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Does he have the snot rag in the back pocket? That's what I want to know. I need to know these things. Where am I I left already? Are you on the outside, No, I'm next to Tommy Ranning next to me. I'm surprised at that. What the hell?
Speaker 1: So here's the weird part about this show. And let me see if you remember this. Do you recall the special guest referee in the main event of this show?
Speaker 2: It was a Japanese man.
Speaker 1: No, the special guest referee for this event with Hayabusa and.
Speaker 2: For our match.
Speaker 1: No, not for your match. I have no clue, okay, because I'm just wondering how this guy was backstage Sean Michaels. Yes, Michel's doing there.
Speaker 2: We went out to eat with Sean that night. We went to the the famous uh with the jacket?
Speaker 1: Where's the jacket? At? How many moons ago?
Speaker 2: A long time ago?
Speaker 1: That was that the first time you met Sean Michaels. Yes, interesting, he's in his up. I looked at what year was this? This is ninety?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because then I met him again for the when I was at the Fake Eco. Okay, but just briefly, it wasn't wasn't anything.
Speaker 1: So according to Wikipedia, Sean Michaels was the special guest referee because Doctor Death, who was originally slated to be the referee, had to pull out due to his loyalty to Giant Baba and All Japan Pro Wrestling. William's refusal resulted in the WWF firing him and sending Seaw Michaels in his place.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, I gotcha. I don't remember if I even have a spot in this.
Speaker 1: It's just weird at the end. We'll get to the end. It's very weird. Okay, this is let me see what's the time stamp at Now we're at one fifty six. It goes to two eleven, So we got we got a good ten minutes here or maybe by eight minutes to get to your thing that goes on. You can always fast forward, Oh we could, but you know it's kind of like, uh, talk more about the tour. Let me tell you who else was on this damn show. Let's see here we had Oh, Jazz defeated, Yes, Jazz was with us there.
Speaker 2: We took pictures when we were walking around Tokyo. Ball's mahoney, Ball's mahoney. I did I fly? I flew with balls once and I think I told the story that he told the married couple.
Speaker 1: Was that this one? You think?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But I don't know if it was this tour. It might have been the last one. I can't remember. And the stewardess goes, would you like to see with your husband? I go, no, I'm fine. Hey, that's mahoney, and I'm like, no, I'm good, I'll stay right here, thank you. That's correct.
Speaker 1: The funks, Dorry and Terry are on this show, okay, And yeah, yeah, I Misado Tanaka, who I'm assuming was representing FMW at the time.
Speaker 2: So I'm wondering if this is not if the first tour was the one. Yeah, it wasn't this tour. The first tour is the one where we had a sponsor and they showed us all around. This one is the one that I had jetlag on because I flew in, I stayed about eighteen hours and I flew home.
Speaker 1: H jeez, Well it's twenty thirt it's right before Thanksgiving. That's it.
Speaker 2: It was a fourteen hour flight. I did the I did this. We stayed overnight, I believe, and then we went in the morning, we went to the airport and we came right home. So talk about jet lag. I was gone, Oh my, I didn't know where I was. It was bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I'd like to see you when you're Thanksgiving dinner that you're probably faced down in your turkey. You weren't working, if you weren't already moving on a row someplace else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think it was this the one tour my my hotel room was as big as my office right here, which is not big. And then the second one we had a really nice room, but the first one was a bed, a night stand with a table and a and a bathroom and your toilet was basically in the showers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was so is that like? So how is like what what do you have to do with that?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Is it hard to maneuver? Aren't they loaded the ground too? What the hotel Japanese toilets?
Speaker 2: Oh? The toilet, Yeah, I don't even remember, but I remember like it was literally in the shower, like the drain was at your feet when you're going to the bathroom. It was weird.
Speaker 1: That's really weird. Yeah, any B days? Was that a B day? A little faucets have watched your cool?
Speaker 2: I know what it is. I don't think we had one. I don't know. Uh, what's he bringing? He's grabbing something? Is it the girl? Bring the girl out as a weapon? Oh no, it's a ladder? Nice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's so it's weird. So these two guys that we go right into the you know, the the weapons and the ladder.
Speaker 2: Or we're extreme, but I love it.
Speaker 1: See Dreamer and Raven they're in their ACW tire. That's what we know them in is they're brawlers and they fight all over. These guys are wearing like wrestling tights. I wouldn't picture them as like brawlers and hardcore wrestlers, but this is a hardcore rules match. I guess it's w We're lucky. Nothing blew up yet.
Speaker 2: It's Japan, I'm telling you, And it's so hard. I mentioned this before. It's really I don't know if they've changed because this was years ago, but it was really difficult to work in that environment because the crowd is so somber. Yeah, you know, and they can you can literally hear the spots being called, And that's when I was trying to either bang on the mat or do something, and the mat as hard as hell too, had no give. I don't know how they bump on these mats.
Speaker 1: It was yeah, I mean, I guess knew that's why those guys like it's so uh so stiff, because Matt's they look it. I mean, it looks like just a flat wood surface. It just really hard.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, no, I'm good. You want to bump me now, I'm good. I don't remember what I do.
Speaker 1: See the dude with the hair, whichever one he is, uh, he's got a cool like look to him. This guy, Yeah, but again I I just don't know which one he is. You you you there? He actually let me tell you. Oh he's Corona Corona Kuroda coronavirus. That's a hero Kuroda. He's forty nine. He's from Hakka Doote Hoki Kado.
Speaker 2: Oh very good.
Speaker 1: Trained in the FMW dojo. Made his day on March eighteenth, nineteen ninety three. So you guys broke in around the same time. Oh yeah, if you broke in the FMW dojo, I wonder if you'd still be in one piece.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably not. I heard horror stories about that, by the way, not not particularly FMW.
Speaker 1: But just Japan.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, just I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Have I want to hear the weird weird stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they made them, bathe them and like made them like do sexual things.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, what else have you heard?
Speaker 2: Not for me? Thanks?
Speaker 1: So you guys are here, you're on the this is the tenth anniversary show. Yes, the twelfth anniversary show. I'm finding that I don't think you guys would have been ec doub let's see. Uh no, would have missed this one. Sorry, so sorry. Ec W would have been gone by the twelfth anniversary show May fifth, two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're done. It was just cool to go up you know a couple of times in my life and to see because I mean, honestly, like you know, as as just the normal person, would you get to go to Tokyo, Japan?
Speaker 1: Right? No?
Speaker 2: And for fact, I wasn't paid for either show.
Speaker 1: That's what I was just going to ask you. Is this the one where you didn't get paid right?
Speaker 2: Didn't get paid for either show?
Speaker 1: Oh? The one the previous year with Shane you didn't get paid for that one either.
Speaker 2: And I just chalked it up as well. It was an experience, so at.
Speaker 1: Least you didn't have to pay for your flight.
Speaker 2: They paid for my flight, they paid for my hotel. I had to pay for my food, but you know I was in Japan.
Speaker 1: So so do you guys like the do the guy Jean or the American guys. Did they get separated from the Japanese crew or are you guys kind of all assimilated in the same locker room or do they separate the women from the men.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I remember being in a different locker room than the men. I wasn't I didn't have to get changed. I don't. I don't think I got changed with the men.
Speaker 1: So you couldn't confirm or deny myths about you know, people.
Speaker 2: From Jos No, No, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, there's a D D T by Raven, Yes, picture perfect. That must have hurt like all hell.
Speaker 2: There was no give. Seriously, this is just brutal.
Speaker 1: I think we are coming towards the conclusion of this context.
Speaker 2: You don't remember if I do anything. I mean, they got to put the girl over right.
Speaker 1: There's there's a drop toe hold on the chair signature move of Raven. Uh you were you finished this in the ring. I'll just leave it at that. This this viewing wrongle buster. Uh, let's just watch the rest. Okay, I'm not gonna spoil anything.
Speaker 2: What's on his back? A lizard?
Speaker 1: Oh? You a leach or something that? No help?
Speaker 2: What is that? Serve?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, folded up the accordion.
Speaker 2: Hit on?
Speaker 1: What the hell's Dreamer?
Speaker 2: I don't know selling, probably eating a doughnut under the ring.
Speaker 1: I would like to know what the the respectful Japanese audience is thinking with you standing right in front of them. Oh, here we go. He's not happy.
Speaker 2: You love me? You know it? Oh my? Oh my ass is hanging out. Yeah, screw you, dude, bald dude, whoever you are.
Speaker 1: Oh there streamer.
Speaker 2: Tommy making the save. Thanks wild driver. Oh what a false finish. Ladies and gentlemen, here's falling out.
Speaker 1: You're about a millisecond ahead of me.
Speaker 2: How am I? Okay?
Speaker 1: Just a mill You spoiled the kick out. I thought that was the end of it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Now you got you got Raven. You're taking him to the other side.
Speaker 2: High risk. Wow, I missed you, big buffoon. Ooh, what's going on? What's happening? Oh, he's running, he's running. Here he comes, got it. Go look at his hair, just flowing hair. Draw kick that was beautiful on his arm, on his shoulder.
Speaker 1: It must be some sort of I think. No, I think it might be either a heeled cut or some sort of like birthmark. His his punches were not hitting Raven them. Bad camera work on the FMW camera theme. They missed it, right, that was shades of a w.
Speaker 2: Jesus, here we go.
Speaker 1: Look at this.
Speaker 2: Nice. I'll take that all day. That doesn't hurt at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm not worried about the move up. That table looks like it hurts. That looks like a hard ass table.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but he the way he took it, he was blocking with his hands, so it didn't didn't do anything. Yeah, that's not gimmicked.
Speaker 1: No, that is just a hard ass table right there.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Look, take it to the dreamer, take it to the ropes again.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's a high flyer in Japan, don't you know. And it didn't break that, it just didn't break.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that guy's back must.
Speaker 2: Be killing him.
Speaker 1: That'll hurt your ribs a little bit.
Speaker 2: Get that table out of there, my friend. Oh nope, I'm trying to get it out. You can't get it out of the ring? Okay? Is that it? Oh? We can't win.
Speaker 1: Anywhere two three.
Speaker 2: All the time? Why am I with him? Help me? That he doesn't have a belt? All right?
Speaker 1: So the music starts again.
Speaker 2: Were they tied champs here?
Speaker 1: I think they were? Yeah, don't look as the tag team title match?
Speaker 2: Doesn't? She sing again?
Speaker 1: She sings again, but get right, hang on. Before she sings, she says something.
Speaker 2: This bitch, so.
Speaker 1: You kind of you're you're just kind of hanging around and you get Yeah, they put the camera on you finally, and you make your way into the ring. And I find this thinking like, oh my god, I found this ECW cat fight in Japan. This is gonna be epic with this random Japanese lady.
Speaker 2: She is where I challenge her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you kick your shoes off and they walk away.
Speaker 2: Well it makes me look strong, hey, But.
Speaker 1: That's why I was like, what the hell? I was like thinking this is gonna be this big thing. It's not like there's gonna be a rematch.
Speaker 2: Sure, she's staring at me though, very smug. Yeah, he's saying you want some of her? And yeah what.
Speaker 1: Oh see if I would have jumped over the damn rope.
Speaker 2: I'm so confused. Yes, say, I don't know translation.
Speaker 1: She definitely just called you a bitch.
Speaker 2: I should have just ran out and just started beating her up.
Speaker 1: See if this was the eighties, you could have, because it would have been anything goes. But like, it's just weird. It's just kind of the standing around, like you look like you're ready to go.
Speaker 2: I didn't understand what this was.
Speaker 1: The bald guy got back up. You want her, she said.
Speaker 2: She just laughs and walked away.
Speaker 1: Raven and Dreamer are dead.
Speaker 2: I don't care about them.
Speaker 1: You're sitting there, you're calling this lady. Yeah, she's just standing there and going I found this. I'm like, oh my god, I've never heard about this. This is this epic brawl to and this match. And they just raise her hand and she starts crooning and they're out of there.
Speaker 2: To this day, I still don't know what she said. Oh oh, he spit on me. He just he just spat at me.
Speaker 1: I saw that hair behind you. Oh yeah, jerk.
Speaker 2: Here she goes with the song that'll make your ears bleed.
Speaker 1: I'm going to think that either they didn't let her in on what was going on, and they she legit and not like you.
Speaker 2: Well, they're cheering me now, honey, oh god, get me out of here.
Speaker 1: Like, but now, this's this weird, uncomfortable giant walk up the ramp. She's singing her ass off, right, and they keep changing the camera shot. Just keep it on them. They don't need to keep doing this. You guys kind of just slink out of the ring and they watch you. You're they're walking up the ramp and you guys just kind of walk off the side.
Speaker 2: Ramp what apposed to do?
Speaker 1: But like, don't show it? Where's this camera work? Sucks here? Look this dramatic goodbye curtain? You know what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Sounds throwing my ear.
Speaker 1: Look, you guys are just like casually walking away and they caught it. Like why, so that's it so weird? But I mean, I just thought that was cool because I had never seen it before, and I thought when I found that, I was like, this is gonna be epic. I see you and I'm scanning it. I'm like, yes, she's in the ring, Yes he's doing this, and then you're just standing there calling the lady out and she's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really would have preferred if she jumped up like she was getting in and then maybe she gave me the finger and left or something. But we never went over that part, you know what I mean, Like I didn't know who the girl was. I had no clue and uh, like I said, to this day, I still don't know what she said that got that pop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me, neither anybody else can translate. Please, we're trying to know.
Speaker 2: Buddy who speaks Japanese?
Speaker 1: Who we have a Japanese listener anywhere to be found anywhere anywhere? All right, Well, we'll wrap up for today. Fun time. Thanks for hilarious actually reliving the the FMW Tour of nineteen ninety nine to favor. After we're done, scan forward and look at Sean Michael's guest referee ring attire. If you could got he's wearing Speedo's right, this is his classic thing. You'd be a guest referee. He'd have on like a little shirt and Speedo's with his crotch very oh displayed. It's just it's for Japanese. You think they'd be a little bit more respectful.
Speaker 2: Lovely.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll say goodbye for the Queen Francine. This is the chat, sir. We will catch you on the flip side.
Speaker 3: Yeah h Francine Francine, Queen Extreme Extreme odds up here hen head The Queen Extreme podcast odes up here, he heads the Queen Extreme Podcast. It's the Queen of Extreme Bruni and the legends is the woman nuff your dreams? Legend on the Scene Francine Podcast. What you mean with your tramplady to show you what your needs? You find the stand of Queens from the beginning of time. Odds here our heart radio, shine only a head and tell you a story from the wind. The legend odes up here. The Queen Nobody's like frand scene eies up here here here. The Queen Extreme podcast odes up here here head. The Queen Extreme podcast odes up here here here The Queen Extreme Podcast odes up here. Here The Queen Extreme Podcast podcast