Speaker 1: Second date of day broke.
Speaker 2: How many times have you been in a concert and thought, forget the band, I want to get backstage with that security guard.
Speaker 1: Really use that flashlight.
Speaker 3: I did have a security guard usher me into a concert for free once.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he like, let me jump in the van and go into the back.
Speaker 3: I guess I really pathetic in the parking lot because my boyfriend left me there because he had a ticket and I did it.
Speaker 5: Van.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you just had to be yourself basically. That's what one of our listeners says happened to her the other night. Her name is Claire, and apparently she met a concert security guard. Claire, it's an honor and a privilege to have you on this morning show.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 1: Have a van for you to hop in as well.
Speaker 3: Every good security guard she'd have a van, you know.
Speaker 1: Tell us about the security guard. Who is he?
Speaker 5: And SAME's Kevin?
Speaker 3: Okay, did you meet him at a concert or is this just what he does for work?
Speaker 5: He was working and I was at the concert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, did he catch your eye immediately or how.
Speaker 1: Did that happen?
Speaker 5: Well, he came up to me actually to ask me to get off a chair. That I was on.
Speaker 4: To reprimand that was.
Speaker 1: Going to be some romantic line.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, but he did catch my eye. I thought he was really cute. I was kind of tipsy and probably being a little annoying, but I was like, you know, he was like, this is a safety hazard. I was like, I'm just trying to get a better view.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, please, you're a safety.
Speaker 4: He asked him to lift you up so you could see. Is that what you just said?
Speaker 5: No, I should have that would have been good. I was like, let me stand here so I can see.
Speaker 1: He asked you to get down from the chair.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So he eventually brought me down, But I mean I thought he was pretty cute, and so I actually like took like a cocktail napkin and like wrote my number down on it. Oh my god, and I like put it in his shirt pocket and was like if you need to yell at me or like teach me any more about concert, Stacey later like me, I m putting it in his shirt.
Speaker 1: That's like a little bit of like here you go.
Speaker 5: Yes, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I actually I can't believe he actually called you.
Speaker 3: Because I mean, like you're not cute or anything. How many drunk people. Does he come across then I am, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he reached out.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The next day, actually he texted me and we were kind of laughing at it. I had saved him as concert police in my phone. That's why I was like calling him all night.
Speaker 4: Wait, you were drunk dialing him that night?
Speaker 5: No, just like at the show. It's like, okay, concert please.
Speaker 1: It's your cute pet name for him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 1: And what did he call you?
Speaker 4: Annoying short girl?
Speaker 5: But you know, I apologize for whatever, being drunk and how I acted. You know. We had a good laugh about it and then we yeah, and so we eventually like decided to meet up for dinner and have like an official date.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, are nervous?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Oh, is he going to be as cute as I remember?
Speaker 5: I mean a little bit. You never know how it's going to be after and it's.
Speaker 4: Like dark, the music's loud, you've been drinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So where did you guys end up going for a date.
Speaker 5: We've got We've got Italian, which is like my favorite, so perfect.
Speaker 4: What'd you think when you saw him?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I still thought he was cute, but I was like, oh, well, I wish you're wearing your security uniform because you look so cute on it, Like you look good in that, and I mean he laughed whatever, like it was fine. We had it was a good We started off.
Speaker 1: Well, a really good flirter. So at least it sounds like you put the vibe out on your end for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I try good. So we ended up like we decided we just wanted to try a bunch of stuff that we just split a bunch of food on the menu, which was fun and like yeah, and the food was good. We were having a good time, like we were having fun.
Speaker 2: It's an Italian restaurant. So did you try the lady in the tramp move? Did you try to set it off?
Speaker 5: At least we did it. We actually did not do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they got maybe the yeah, different things.
Speaker 3: But I mean, besides the food, share the food, Like, what were some of the highlights for you with him?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: We just stood around and he told me about other drunk girls he's met at concerts. Made me feel better about myself. I would not be worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't make the top five worst girls. So we're in the thank.
Speaker 5: Goodness and it was going really well, but everything kind of changed at the end when the bill came. Why so Kevin noticed on it there were like some discrepancies, like some stuff on the bill. It didn't seem right. Yeah, we like slit a salad, but then they charged those for two salads instead, So I mean it was justified. Like he wasn't being like a total Karen, but you know, he has to talk to a manager and stuff about it, I assume. Yeah, so he had to go into the back and like talk to someone, and it did take like a little while, like it was, you know, it good, like ten or fifteen minutes or so.
Speaker 4: That's kind of weird.
Speaker 1: I feel like you beat somebody up now.
Speaker 3: I mean, typically your server would just be like, oh my god, I'm so sorry, let me change.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And so after that, like you just kind of change for the rest of the night, he just kind of fell off, like.
Speaker 4: It ruined his whole night.
Speaker 5: It kind of felt like it did, like he just didn't seem the same. And then after that he hasn't really been talking to me. At first. I was like, maybe he just felt like that was a weird ending, so he just wanted to give me a couple of days or he just felt weird about it. But that's been like over a week, and so I'm like, was there something else? Was there another issue I didn't know about, Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: You've been in a lot of back rooms at Italian restaurants.
Speaker 4: What goes down back there?
Speaker 1: Well, usually I'm paying extra for.
Speaker 4: What off menu?
Speaker 3: Pinpoint the moment that everything changed, right, But it doesn't sound like it's your fault.
Speaker 4: Whatever it is exactly, I mean, awkward on a date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so maybe I just left him with a bad taste and that's why he hasn't Maybe, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That were there any other weird moments from the date besides the bill, not.
Speaker 5: That I can think of. Everything else was pretty normal, you know, I was having fun. I didn't really clock anything like. He didn't seem weird to me, but I don't know. His mood just totally changed after the bill problem.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna come back.
Speaker 2: We're gonna call Kevin for you, and we're gonna try and get you a second date up date right after this.
Speaker 5: All right, Hey, awesome, thank you.
Speaker 1: Whenever we do.
Speaker 2: These calls and there's a problem with the bill, usually that's an issue over who should pay, does the guy handle it? Should the girl offer? Which exit door? Should we dine and dash out of? Those are the types of things that go through your mind. But with Claire and her date, Kevin, they had a different problem. They noticed that they were getting overcharged on their bill, and that's why Kevin to the back to talk to a manager about it for a while a few minutes, and while Claire thought that was totally justified, kind of ruined his mood for the rest of the night, and that could be why he hasn't reached out yet for another date.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's mad that they didn't give him a free dessert. I mean usually when they mess up the bill, you get a free dessert.
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, you know what I'm saying, Is that right, Claire? No, no free dessert at the Italian Place?
Speaker 5: No free dessert.
Speaker 4: Hear the bottom of it.
Speaker 1: We don't even need to call him.
Speaker 2: Or maybe he found an even smaller, even more obnoxious girl at another concert that he was doing security yet and that's his type. He wants his Thumbelina.
Speaker 3: Who has a stand on the tallest chair to see anything. Yeah, I mean I feel you, though. Concerts suck for short people.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's got to be some sort of logical explanation for this.
Speaker 1: We're gonna call him right now. You ready to do this?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey is this Kevin?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is Kevin this? Sorry? Did I catch you in the bathroom or something? It's a little bit echoey. Oh no, I was actually cooking something. But that's that's fine. Interesting what you're cooking.
Speaker 6: I'm making some pastah.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a nice morning pasta.
Speaker 6: I love Italian.
Speaker 1: It's a prep for work.
Speaker 4: So you are so friendly.
Speaker 3: I don't know that we've ever just launched into a full conversation with somebody.
Speaker 1: You haven't even asked who we are yet. You know we're a radio. I feel like he's gonnavite us over before.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're doing a segment called a second Date Update where we're trying to help out one of our listeners. You took out to actually an Italian place the other night named Claire.
Speaker 5: Claire rings a bell. Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: Didn't you have a really nice night with her? Because her description sound like you guys really connected.
Speaker 6: Well, if I'm not mistaking, is this a girl that I met at the concert because I work as a security at some concerts and I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. It sounds like you're going out with a lot of different women. If you can't tell I'm not.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna lie, I'm I'm single, so dating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Claire's the one that kept calling you concert police like apparently that was her, like funny nickname for you.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is my job, okay, Well, our job is to call people like you and try to figure out why you're not going out with some of our listeners.
Speaker 1: That's what Claire is wondering.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, so if I'm not mistaking, I remember we went out to dinner.
Speaker 1: We went and had it tobby in and yeah, no, you don't have to run us through the whole story. We've actually heard it before.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think if we just need the part where like you're not calling her back anymore and she's confused because it seems like you guys had a good connection.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, I'm trying to wreak up a little bit.
Speaker 1: So I remember that when.
Speaker 6: The bill came, I went to the backstock to the manager, and then when I'm coming back, I see something weird. You know how they put this olive oil kind of dishes.
Speaker 1: There, Yeah, for your bread.
Speaker 5: So she was putting.
Speaker 6: Her fingers inside the bowl and rubbing the olive oil on her.
Speaker 3: On her Okay.
Speaker 6: So she was dipping her fingers in it and then rubbing it against her shirt and then a little bit on like on her belly.
Speaker 4: And then wait are you talking about?
Speaker 3: You saw Claire or just some random woman in the restaurant rubbing olive oil all herself.
Speaker 6: I saw clear. I mean I thought it from a par I saw from a.
Speaker 3: Par that would stain her shirt worst.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well she was going inside her shirt.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, the only thing I could see is like if you have like dry skin with crack knuckles.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Kevin, You're you're saying that a girl rubbing oil all over herself is a bad thing, because I think most guys would be into that.
Speaker 6: I didn't think it was bad. I thought it was weird. I don't know what she thought that was going to happen afterwards. I don't know if she thought that was like an upper dsiak or something.
Speaker 1: No, why wouldn't you ask her if you think you saw that?
Speaker 4: She deserves the right to explain.
Speaker 6: Now, mat Me ask you, how do you bring that up to a girl? You know, sit down and after like, why are you rubbing oil by taking.
Speaker 1: Your shirt off and being like a ply right here man? Or you just going to kiss her neck and go ooh? Is that a little bit of Islamic vineagrette?
Speaker 6: I I didn't want to sound like a creep, because you know how girls are always you.
Speaker 1: Know that's true. Okay, I was watching you from across the restaurant. Yeah, was that oil?
Speaker 4: I think like, what were you doing with oil? Is a fair.
Speaker 2: Question, And I can understand if you were uncomfortable asking her in the moment, But now that it's been a while, you can ask her over the phone, because she's actually been listening on the other line this entire time, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Period, Yeah, I'm possibly rubbing herself down.
Speaker 1: Claire you there?
Speaker 5: Hi, Kevin?
Speaker 6: Oh god hate.
Speaker 2: In all seriousness, I doubt she was even doing that, But Claire, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oil slip Claire over here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Claire, what was going on? Okay?
Speaker 5: What was going on?
Speaker 1: What were you? Were you actually rubbing the oil?
Speaker 5: First of all, I had no idea you saw that, so you.
Speaker 4: Do know what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Claire, please explain in.
Speaker 5: Very very what's a thing? There's just so oil like you rub it on your chest that helps keep everything perky, like I don't want saggy breast when I'm older. Like wait, like it's a TikTok hack I've adopted, but I'd like it's a thing. It gets the blood flog it keeps you moisturized. Not like, don't you do that? It's totally normal.
Speaker 1: He wasn't there.
Speaker 4: You're at a restaurant, girl. You're not putting your hand down.
Speaker 5: Your bread in the oil before your finger wasn't like I was pouring the bottle on me.
Speaker 3: I just been laughing a little like, Okay, I have face all of oil before, but like it's from a beauty brand.
Speaker 4: It's not I.
Speaker 1: Don't meant for that.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's just really it's like refined. I would assume the different way, or at least I pay for it.
Speaker 1: As if it's refined to do, you're going to have to excuse Brook.
Speaker 2: This is the part of the show where she tells our listeners how to live their lives.
Speaker 4: Do you think it's normal for her to stick her hands.
Speaker 5: Out I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's normal. People do their own things, their own different ways. They tried beauty acts they do and don't work.
Speaker 6: Can I ask a question now, yeah, yeah, of course going there. I mean, now that you explained it, I actually really like you, and I'm fire for not calling back out with me again on a second.
Speaker 3: Day, she said.
Speaker 2: And now the guy's like, yeah, Claire, did this whole experience change your mind with him not communicating with you earlier?
Speaker 5: I mean maybe, yeah, a little, like I thought we were having a good time. I'm an open person, obviously.
Speaker 1: Like obviously, yeah.
Speaker 5: I would have talked to him about it if he had asked me about a moment, like, I'm not embarrassed about it, but now I think it's a little weird he's coming around, Claire.
Speaker 3: If the tables were turned and you you're walking to the table and you see some dude putting oil on his body, you would be a little man we use butter Okay.
Speaker 5: I would have said something though, like he didn't do that, Like I would have confronted. I would have asked a question.
Speaker 4: I can see that.
Speaker 5: I can see that I wouldn't stopped communicating.
Speaker 6: It was the first state, and I don't know if you were to have been okay with that or not. So now I know maybe on a second date we could Oh oh.
Speaker 1: He wants to be the one to apply the oil onto you?
Speaker 5: He Oh is that?
Speaker 4: What is that? The meaning you too?
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I'm visualizing.
Speaker 5: Oh right, now it's getting weird. You're making it weird. It's says olive oil. It's TikTok hack Okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, at this point, Claire, Kevin has already said yes to another day, He's apologized for not being more communicative. And third, you don't even have to pay for this next one because it's on us oo.
Speaker 5: I mean I can get from the visuals I get thought it was kind of weird and how some people might not want to approach that. Yeah, I'll give you a second chance.
Speaker 4: An Italian.
Speaker 5: Then, I don't know.
Speaker 2: He did say that there's a lot of concert girls, so you just got to get in line first, Claire's but if you oil yourself up, you can slide faster to the front of the line.
Speaker 1: Security's not tackling you.
Speaker 4: Then, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning