Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Honda. When you test your off to all the Electric Prologue SUV, there's a lot that can impress you about it. There's the generous passenger space, the clean, thoughtful design, and the intuitive technology. But out of everything, what you really love most is that it's a Honda. Visit Honda dot com Slash EV two c offers.
Speaker 2: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is leading off live as me Joey p Jopi's apere with me, of course is the Welsh and it's you, the Peanuts, the cracker Jacks. Here on our twitch, Twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros. That's the place to catch us live. Join us live Monday through Friday noon eas ternet. If you can't because well, life gets in the way, don't worry about that, go ahead and just subscribe to Fantasy Ros MLB. Watch us video on demand on the YouTube channel. We are very close to twenty six thousand, trying to get the thirty thousand this year. They think we can do it, so let's go. Let's hit that subscribe button because when you do, you might win yourself A Jose Ramirez autograph jersey from Pristine Auction dot com. This Jersey's pristine. How do you win it? Subscribe? Drop a comment below on this video or any video, the trade video, the Waiver Wire video, the Prospect video, and then ring the belt like those dang for notifications and you could be the big winner of the Jose Ramirez Jersey Welsh, It's great to see you, my friend. I'm sure you're happy to see the Mets leave town after Juan Soto just kept hitting home runs. Yesterday one was a moonshot there for twenty seven Dead Center. How you don't win?
Speaker 3: Let me let me think, Mets do something and metsro on the top of the show sheets a crazy mess, literally anything and there. He doesn't matter what else happened in the world. Sanuel Contra could have get traded Showhill, Tony could be out for the year. Wan Soto hits a homer there on here. By the way, Wan Soto does own some property here in Arizona, specifically at Chase Field.
Speaker 2: Well look in all fair a Welsh, How old were you the last time the Diamondbacks won a World Series?
Speaker 3: I was like eighteen or no, yeah, something like that. No, two thousand and one. I don't know my age anymore. I was like, twenty something.
Speaker 2: What's what's his age again, everybody? I was eight the last time the mess won the World Series. It's been a long time.
Speaker 3: This is a game in May. I'm just pointing out games in April and May are getting to the show sheet when when they do anything, I will say the one Soda thing is relatively interesting. I don't know if we talked about it here did the Betting Pro show talking about MVP awards and stuff. Something did stand out to me that I didn't talk about on that show was at that time, twenty five to one one Soda was still sitting there for NL MVP. Now it's the longest of long shots on the planet because you've got Otani. You know, you got Gordan Carroll that's pushing over the statis junior. But to count out Jan Soto's overall tracking, I was looking a year over year changes of like Barrel and hard hit. He's like one of the biggest losers across the board, but to a point that it's so not believable, and because he's such a great player, and guess what he's heating up?
Speaker 2: Oh, I get that.
Speaker 3: That's why I start my point to that, and.
Speaker 2: That's why it's the top of the show sheet. My point is, guess what after maybe a couple weeks of a little pressing, wan so to starting to get hot also looking good too, because I know we talked about him in live streaming yesterday code I Senga six shoutout innings for him. His ERA is down to one point one six. He is the prince that was promised thirty five strikeouts, seventeen walks and thirty eight innings. Look the Mets really today now, yeah, but look, I'll take the one era. You know, it's not gonna hold. He's gonna probably settle somewhere on the low threes. But the Mets desperately need that guy at the top of their rotation where they feel like, okay every fifth day. We know we're gonna be competitive to get a w here because the rest of the guys are you know, they're kind of the no name starter bunch. They are all performing pretty well, but they are no name guys. So Senga needs to perform at a high level and hopefully he can stay healthy this year. Devin Williams possibly moving in the right direction struck out three batters with one walk, so another walk you don't love that, and hit another guy in the Scoorel's tenth thning and he got a win over the Padres. So Devin Williams, let's take the temperature Welsh, what does it say today?
Speaker 3: I think it's the same as I've been, Like, I'm a little away from the camp of he's done forever and like everybody else is cutting him and don't worry. I mean like, I think there's a lot of justification where you can Yeah, I saw that one where you can cut him in ten team leagues and stuff like that, and I think there's a big question will he get back in the role. But to put him back in like leveragy spots like that and for him to be successful have big strikeouts, that's classic old school or really any manager. I suppose taking the pressure off of a guy to see how they perform. That's gonna be the biggest key. You take him out of this role for a tiny bit, you've taken the pressure off. After two weeks, they might just throw him into a random spot. So as much as I've thought may is for Luke Weaver, I just don't think Devin Williams is quite done. Everything is still really poopy across the board. Though he's you know, not striking out like he does. He's walking guys like crazy, seventeen percent walk rate. But if he starts putting a couple of these together, he's not gonna be available on the wire anymore. So that's why if I could hold I would. If he's out there, I would pick him up just to see what this next week or so becomes. Because guess what if you had Devin Williams June on, He's still probably going to be one of the top closers if you would agree to form so I would agree. That's why I would.
Speaker 2: The guy Van Rod with a fun one today. Predictions of how Jack Lyder will do against the Red sucks is what he said. Wellsh any predictions here from Jack Lyder. I'm going to abstain because we got to a Jack Lighter conversation yesterday last star for Jack Lighter. That's so great, that's two, that's so great.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's gonna be a great day. Shout out the Boston Red Sox are I still think they're monsters. I talk a lot about them and the Betting Pros episode. Shout out to our boy Erickson, who I threw him some bets last night, Joey and I threw him three and then I said, I actually I got a parlay for you, and he took the parlay and then he texted me and he said, the only bad thing is I didn't bet more because it was red Sox to win on the full money line and Bregman to get a hit. I'd also give him Bregmant total bases all those hit, which was great. But Boston's offense is picking back up. MAT's a point of where I'm going with this that I don't like this matchup. I think this might be an overruns type of thing with a Lighter and Bayo going today. But I mean I would say that it's probably a four run game, at least for Lighters. I don't think it's going to be.
Speaker 2: Super pretty five runs two. Homer says Razor. Good to see Razor in the chat. What's up, Brazer? How you doing all right? Let's get to some more closers. Your Emmanuel class A he's back, got his eighth save scorelessenning against the net so Crisis averted here class A a little hiccup that we're back on track. Jackson Merril two for four with a solo homer two. Ribby's good day for him. Hove here Baias cannot be stopped. He drove in four more runs. I've got bets on him today. We'll get to that later in the show. The Tigers pounded the Rockies in this one. His slash is now up to three thirteen three p fifty two four seventy five. I know we've discussed Hobby Bayaz a little bit, and we talked about him on the waiver video. If you missed that, go back and watch. It's on demand on the YouTube channel. But it is not you. You don't have to watch it. You were in it.
Speaker 3: No, you know, I don't not want to watch it. Whatever you're gonna say, no, Joe, don't do it.
Speaker 2: I guess here's the thing. It's you know, Jaby or Baiaz is not going to hit three hundred doll year. I don't think that's going to happen. But if you were one of these teams that's had some outfield injuries. Let's say you lost Alvarez, you lost Taskar Hernandez, and you're looking at the outmans and the Evan Carter's gross or you're looking at Taber Bias, who's hitting and playing at the top of this order. I won't Biaz, I think yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean we talked about it in the video, like I had to pick him up in one spot. He's weird and it's goofy. He has dramatically changed his swing. He's he's dropped the depth in the box. He's shortened his stand, like the open stance thing. It's dramatic. It was like a thirty three degree angle with like ten now, so I mean he is really shortened that in. He's dropped the length the tiny bit of that swing, and he's seeing some pretty great results. I mean he's hitting three thirteen, he's got three homers. But you know, I mean he's cut the strikeouts down. But he's done that for the last like three or four years. But you know, if you look at it as a whole, he's not barreling. He's hitting the ball actually on average less hard this year. The hard hit rate is down that he's not getting it in the ball, getting it in the air as much. He's a two forty expected batting average guy. THAT'SOK, seventy points lower. He's a very He's a serviceable fifteen team fifth outfielder for sure, but you got to have a quick trigger finger if he starts to struggle. I just don't buy. I loved Javier Bias back in the day. That was my guy, back when he was a Cub. But yeah, he's gonna come back down to earth, and I'm not cutting anything of substance, you know, Like I see his name right here, someone wrote like Dylan Cruz. Like if someone were to ask that question, like, oh, dyllon Cruise sucks, Like, I'm not going to do that in a ten team league. I don't know whysidered Bayaz Still I would cut Cruise. But I'm not gonna cut Cruise four Baias because I don't believe.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why I believe. I think that's that's like I'm thinking, like, you lost somebody, you're looking for a part time piece here right.
Speaker 3: This is your side with you on that.
Speaker 2: But you're and I agree with your point, which is you're not running to pick him up in lieu of somebody else. You're trying to add him. If you've had an injury and you want an easy roster move to make in two weeks because I think.
Speaker 3: Which exactly what I had in the league, and that's why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that is the fit for Bias Lee was a fun one here. I wanted to take Soda on the home run, did not didn't want Jinks the Mets, so I took Josh Daniel Road for four. Hey, I took Alonzo yesterday and that didn't work out. So what are you gonna do? I can't. I'm stone cold again. A brave you for the Red Sox. Three for four, two homers and a double, three ribies, so a good day for him. Jacob Wilson four for five, span can't be stopped. He's in three fifty seven. I enjoy Jacob Wilson's game more. Jacob Wilson's in baseball. Just guys who put the ball in play. I think that's good for baseball. You know, who needs walks and strikeouts, get up there, swing the bats on. And this is the big question too. You know, I'm not sure what the Savant page says about Jacob Wilson, but you know, sometimes with these contact guys who you know don't walk a bunch, is there a danger here? That at some point, you know that expected batting average comes back down. Well, I mean three fifty seven is very high, and I don't think that's a sustainable mark.
Speaker 3: Well, it's three twenty seven is his expected batting average right now, because he just makes all the contact in the world three twenty seven he doesn't. But it's you see this with those contact guys like the Luisa Rises of the world, where you get these really low barrel rates, they usually have like a slower swing. I'm not looking at his swing right now in a in a in a shorter one. Yeah, so this is a sixty three mile per hour average bat speed. That's dramatically it's one of the lowest in the league. But also it's a short swing, so he's slow to it short to the path, which gets the bat in the you know, in the base path, and he makes tons of contact. He doesn't walk because he makes so much contact as well. So this is pretty prototypical of those type of hitters. You would love it if he could get the ball in the air just like a tiny bit more simply because that ballpark is just like a little tiny box and just start crashing out some homers. But Jacob Wilson is a real deal. Jacob Wilson has also held the lead for like three weeks on Rookie of the Year. It's him over and Christian Campbe's hitting like three hundred. Jacob Wilson has still been the odds on favorite in the AL, which you know, if you have a ticket for that, I want to see it. Let me know that, you know, this feels like the Jackson merrill of last year. I wish I was on it. I'm not. I'm on the Christian Campbell and I had a cam Smith ticket which I can burn. But you know, like I don't know if he can hold on to this unless he hits three thirty or three forty, it's going to be tough to beat Christian Campbell. But Jacob Wilson is Fantasy relevant even though he's in that Luis Risey, I don't have a lot of counting stats type of territory.
Speaker 2: Just want to shout out calling seventy one subscriber, a Tier one and gifted five subs. It's very cool, very cool on the twitch. We love that. We love the community here on our twitch at Fantasy Bros MLB.
Speaker 3: Cool cool note too, by the way, is you actually don't even have to be in the chat. Sometimes if you're just subscribed to the channel Thrasher, when you come in and you make your first comment, make sure you're subscribe to the channel. It is completely free to just like, you know, like the channel and subscribe. But if you are just subscribed and someone gifts a sub you could get it and when you're not even here. So just a little reminder. We got a lot of great people that are following us, but just come follow. It's absolutely free, and someone might gift you a sub.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when you subscribe, you get rid of those pesky commercials. Nobody likes those. Nobody likes that.
Speaker 3: So except the one that Joe's, except.
Speaker 2: Only the commercials that I do. Those are acceptable. The A's they dropped Lawrence Butler to six in the order he homered and walked. Yesterday you mentioned Butler. He didn't make our by Low video. But I do agree with you. I think Butler's an intriguing by Low at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have on my Patreon in this league dot com cheap plug. I do like this weekly just like little like Preppy Sheet. I just do lots of stuff like prospects and pickups and streamers, and that kind of like flows into what I do during the week. But I do like players. I'm trading four and trading away. And I told you before we did our video, Lawrence Butler was on my trade four for the week because he had struggled. Like his counting stats were up there enough that no one's being like, I got to get him out of here, but it was to the level where someone might be like, oh, this isn't actually really working out. Six homers, six stolen bases to forty average. His expected batting average is lower than his batting average, which is the worrisome part. Eleven percent barrel, forty two percent hard hit rate. He's getting the ball in the air more, he's getting to that sweet spot on the launch agle and he's in this incredible ballpark where the summer is just ahead of us. So that's what I'm trying to buy on here. Lots of loud counting stats and good to see him kind of start that bounce back. But the buying opportunity, I don't know how long it is, but I think I'm going to take the risk with it.
Speaker 2: I would dig the ricks as well. Strikeouts are still a lot. But I just enjoyed the player. And if he gets hot again the summer like he did last year, forget it. Like that ballpark is going to be unbelievably good for him. Kiren Powis signs of life to run Homer for him. It's funny. Do you think it's anything to the Kiren Paris emergence and the Kaisa Treks sponsorship in the same year. It feels like too much of a coincidence. I don't want to be a weird conspiracy theory. Got side moving on.
Speaker 3: He's keeping it up. The stats are not.
Speaker 2: Say no, although the ops did rise after yesterday's performance. So yeah, all right, I've got a great stat for you. We wash you like great stats. Everybody likes great stats. The New York Yankees have a higher batting average, on base and selecond percentage than any other team of Major League Baseball this year. Okay, just putting that out there, But if you take away Aaron Judge from their totals, their fourteenth and batting average, eleventh and ob and third and slugging. So that's kind of interesting that when you take that one guy away, the batting average goes all the way down. To fourteenth and the OBP goes all the way down to eleventh.
Speaker 3: So not really, that doesn't really surprise me. The guy's like hitting four hundred, he's the best player, Like he's one of the best players in baseball. I've actually I'm a little surprised the slug is still so high.
Speaker 2: If Aaron j just see, I'm not surprised a lug is a high because all the Yankees do is at solo home runs. If you look at the statue, there are a bunch of two twenty hitters who have you know, solo home runs. They have got eight home runs and ten RBI, Like that's what that's what they look like, right, And I just thought it was so fascinating because I don't think when you take one player away it should impact anything that much. You know, it's one player out of you know, fifteen or whatever you've got there that are offensive players on your roster, give or take.
Speaker 3: It's why is minus one thousand foot al VP right?
Speaker 2: Just it's like easy statistic. Yeah, at the end of the day, I just wanted to share that the Orioles, though, can't do anything right. The Orioles have made it deal. He acquired Louis Castillo from the Marrigers, but not that Louis Guesstillo, not the good one, Louis F. Castio. So I feel like this is like classic nor McDonald is like, oh, we just made a deal. Well Louise Guesstillo, Oh for the Mariners. Oh he's really minute.
Speaker 3: That's f in his middle name.
Speaker 2: That how we got the wrong one who restrains me Kobe.
Speaker 3: This reminds me of all those people in like Best Balls and like the n FBC's that they're like, oh my god, I got a great value on Julio Rodriguez, but it was like the catcher Julio R. Rodriguez or whatever, very very funny.
Speaker 2: Just the word oh geez, oh, there's mudim mud on my face.
Speaker 3: There there rumors. There are rumors that, by the way, the Orioles I saw it last night on and there'll be scoops, Twitter or whatever that they're looking at Mitch Keller, that they're talking to the pirates, or there's some rumors about Mitch Keller and the Orioles. Just what the Orioles.
Speaker 2: Need, you know what, whatever Mitch Keller for Kobe Mayo do it. Just let everybody get out of their own spaces.
Speaker 3: Kobe. No, no, well, you're not getting You're not getting Mitch.
Speaker 2: He hasn't done anything. He's oh for eight and five strikeouts in three games right now. I don't know where that stock is right now. And he's a complainer in the organization doesn't like him. Michael has a great one here. We have Louis Castillo at home. Yes, that's right. You don't need that. We have Louis Castillo at home. Oh goodness, gracious, let's get to the rookie. Speaking of Kobe, Mayo's oh for eight with five strikeouts in three games so far this year, Gunnar Hoglin made a second major league start, two runs, five and a third innings. It was pretty good. The second run came in the sixth, though Hogland was pulled, so it was given up afterwards, but still only five of the eighteen balls in play against him were heart hit. I think he's gonna have another start now next week. The start is against the Dodgers. That's the only thing, so just you know, keep that in mind. Maybe not the best time to run him out there, but maybe being new is exactly, you know, the thing that could beat the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Percent walk rate two percent, two and a half thera with an expected two and a half ERA right now, gunnery is pretty interesting, but avoid it all costs that Dodger matchup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dodger's a first team of twenty five wins. Bubba Chandler allowed three runs on five hits, two in a third innings. So Bubba Watch, what do you think, Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had got this info during the live stream yesterday. I remember Wednesday's four pm Eastern Joey and I are live for an hour and that had happened. It puts a little bit of wrinkle into Bubba Watch because a lot of walks, you gave up a decent amount of hits. He didn't go deep into the game. I think, like two days ago, we knew that Bubba wasn't coming up within the next couple of days, because they're going to give us a little bit of ramp up. I think you could look at this either way. There's a possibility that they could say, doesn't results be damned whatever, and maybe Friday or Saturday they tell us that Bubba's coming up. Also, don't let him get into a bad streak down in the minors. Or they could say we need one more good one. We need to see how you bounce back. So, like, if you guys are gonna keep asking me the same question, I still feel regardless of this bad outing, I still like Monday, Monday, Tuesday, whatever the order is, that's when he should be up. But it could be the next start after, the next start after would probably closer line up to what they've done in the past with like Skeins Jared Jones. So we're still close. Wasn't the best start there. I'm not gonna let it deter me or anything like that. And I think you should still hold because we're still in a very very close period of time where he's called up. But that one, if he had like dazzled in that, I'll bet you they're dropping a freaking press release today. Yeah, but I'm just gonna be here Monday.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. I think it's up in the air. I gotta be honest. I'm not confident that it's gonna be Monday. That's a question Javey or Bias or Kobe Mayo rest of season. I'll take Bias for better or worse. I'm gonna I'm not trying to be prisoner of the moment here. But Kobe Mayo has not delivered in opportunities he's getting. And even if he gets dealt, I don't know. I mean, at least they are bashing him, like I'm not bashing him, but like you know, and at some point he has got to perform to a degree. And it's not over you know, three games or whatever that is, but at some point, even in the minor league, he's got to perform to a degree where he becomes undeniable in order to crack whatever's going on to here in Baltimore, because before you know Westburg will be back, before you know what, these opportunities will be gone again. So he's in a really difficult spot, which is why I want him. I will like him a lot more if he gets traded to the Pirates or he gets traded to somewhere else anywhere.
Speaker 3: Else, well, yeah, anywhere for playing time. I would say this, like, I think it makes sense to say bias right now because I'm not sure like what you get out of like holding him. But the July first on, I'll bet you, like Kobe is starting like somewhere, He's not going to spend another season in the minor leagues. Maybe he's traded whatever, and I think he'll be more valuable than Bias, so I guess maybe the long outlook, But why would you hold on to him for two months? So it's like, go with Hobby Bias right now and just keep a watch on Kobe Mayo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or keep an eye on it all right, Let's get to Andrew Painter. He's gonna make a start on Thursday for Triple A, so that'll be fun to see. Three up and three down from yesterday's games. Max Fried still good, five hits, just one run, no walks, eight. K's brilliant performance against Michael Kelly's Padres, who were red hot. That went into the Yankees Bronx cauldron there and they came out scolding hot. Jose Barrio struck out nine over six innings against the Angels, so let's not get too crazy. Was against the Angels. Then Ryan McMahon, who had one of the worst aprils ever with a OPS around five hundred. He's been hot lately, had a home run over the weekend, four for four with a two run homer against the Tigers, so that's good, not good. In that game, Chase Delander six runs, three innings, of the downs. Jackson Job also bad six runs, three and two thirds. He has not been good this year. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets bumped from this rotation at some point. And then Shane Boss. This one, I think is the toughest one. Shane Boss was on a really good run end of last year beginning of this year. What has happened here? Eight hits, six earned runs, two walks, three strikeouts three and a third. I know it's the Phillies, and the Phillies are very good, but Welsh, what's going on here with Shane Boss? Welsh, I can't hear you. Something happened with your audio there for a second. You gotta play with your covert a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about that? Ooh, I pushed something there.
Speaker 2: It was a little bit. Make sure everybody can hear you.
Speaker 3: It was the curse. It was the dynasty rank curse where somebody tried to call me out on my shamee boz dynasty rank. And it coincided literally the day where he gave up seven and runs and since then he has given up thirteen runs. So you're gonna have to sacrifice it. Sacrifice a goat if you would like Shane Boz to be any better because the curse remains. But I don't know if I would like go too crazy worry, but I thought there was inconsistencies in his game. He's still walking a lot, he's giving up a lot of barrel contact. He's a good young pitcher, but the team context I don't think is like the best. He's not doing elite strikeouts and he is getting a little bit obliterated right now. But you know, like maybe to your point, the last four starts, to his credit, he's had Yankees, Podres, Royals, and Phillies. That's a really rough run right there. And in that period of time he has given up eighteen runs across those three starts. The only good one was against the Padres. So like, not ready to anoint him elite, but I'm also not ready to start cutting him because he's getting banged around by the Phillies and the Yankees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's the best point. I guess it's the matchups here. But you know, at a certain point, you got to step up against the better teams too, otherwise you're not a major league pitcher. You know, you gotta step up against the better offenses at some point here we don't have a new pope yet. I know they just started up again.
Speaker 3: So I just watching going nuts about it.
Speaker 2: You gotta watch Nick Cassianos very clearly today, see what's going on here, speaking of the Phillies. Also, while you're at it, you might as well download my playbook. Manage all your Fantasy baseball lineups and dominate your leagues with my playbook from Fantasy Pros. So it's the most powerful suite of tools in the fantasy landscape to help you make better decisions, manage your lineups, and win your leagues. Import your team to get custom Fantasy Baseball news, rankings and analysis. Sink your leagues today at Fantasy Pros. Slash MLB my playbook and download the Fantasy Baseball My Playbook app. All right, let's get to injuries. Everybody's panic because Hunter Green hurt pop and is growin. Eh no good. He's going for an MRI today, so hopefully fingers crossed it's a mild issue. But that's not good. That saving grace is not an arm issue. But this is so frustrating. Welsh Hunter Green has been brilliant this year. He has been finally the pitcher that we've been waiting for years and years they would become a frontline starter. We know the fastball has always been live, it's been location of the fastball. He has made so many good adjustments, so this is a huge bummer right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's turned to a completely different corner. And it's actually been a two year time period too. It was maybe even three because it was he had to go from being a primary slider guy, and then he dropped his velo a bit, and then he added the split finger, and then this year the villa's kind of come back and everything has clicked and he's got these three pitches that he's just dropping on everybody. The split finger has been just a phenomenal pitch. His sliders become more efficient. His slider one point eighty nine batting average against and a fifty three percent with rate. And that's what the split finger and the fastball are just doing, you know, just from an eye visual So, uh, he's definitely been elite. This is worrisome. Pops and groins doesn't sound great at all, but hopefully that's gonna be something we're gonna pack front.
Speaker 2: It's like boats and nose. What is that?
Speaker 3: Pops and groins apparently, Nina the Pinta. That's all right, say do.
Speaker 2: We have a do we have a new pope? Or we knocked?
Speaker 3: I saw the word in the chat streets is we do have a new pope?
Speaker 2: It is we know it's not Pizza Bala.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a new Pizza Bala.
Speaker 2: All right, all the money tonight on Nick Cassie. I don't know. That's that's you know, whatever it takes.
Speaker 3: He usually follows disaster though not like world like positive world events.
Speaker 2: It's just I thought it was just world events.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, listen, it's not a bad bet to bet on Nick, if we're being honest. But I think it is more.
Speaker 2: Like, why, let's see who the pope is? You know, there you go.
Speaker 3: Hunter Green did have a pop in his groin, so that is a bad event, So you might want to bet on Nick Cassio.
Speaker 2: That's true, you know it is. It is kind of interesting too, because you know, you talk about like what's going on here with all of these processes. I love that it's twenty twenty five and the process for this is still we have to wait for somebody to blow a different colored smoke out of a smoke stack.
Speaker 3: I don't know how it works. I mean, don't they know what the color is or is there?
Speaker 2: Like, well, when it's white, it's a pope. When it's black, they got to vote again, that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But like, but is this treated like a gender reveal? Like they're like, oh, kind of you know what.
Speaker 2: I never thought it's kind of like it's it's the Catholic version of that. A lot of ways I.
Speaker 3: Get okay, like nobody knows.
Speaker 2: Lets you know, but that I think that's amazing. In twenty twenty five, no press release, no Twitter smoke.
Speaker 3: I think what they should do is they should just they should drop the new reveal on a tick talk and a plane should fly over and it'll just drop. It'll just drop the smoke and they should just do like a full gender reveal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. The Reds also had to put Noova Marty on the IL because he's got a left oblique strain. Ugh, Dylan Cease again, what everything that was going well for the Reds? It feels like twenty four hours, like oh God, why why do they have these things happen? Dylan Cease was removed Wednesday. He had a right forum cramp. Now The good news is strikeouts were way up last night for Seas and we were talking about him as a by low. It says it's just a cramp. So I'm not going to think too much of this Welsh. We'll see if there's any other news that breaks today. It's something to monitor. But I would still be buying Dylan cease because the window to buy aces is usually very small. You have one here, what sees All the underlying metrics are good, the walk rates just high. Hopefully he'll get it back under control like he did last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and something this just reminded me of. This is super funny because it's a cramp Merril Kelly suffers from, just like he cramps up and like every single start. So apparently Diamondback fans have been sending in mass pickles to the Diamondback facility. Was for Merril Kelly to eat so he stops cramping up. And maybe they should send some pickles to Dylan C's. Maybe that could they should really if Big Pickle whichever I don't I don't eat pickles. I think they're disgusting. But Big Pickles should look at a sponsorship with MLB and they should start sending out to guys like Dylan C's and Meryl Kelly.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, let's get to more injury. Spencer Streider hamstring through a bullpen on Wednesday, so hopefully that's moving the right direction task. Hernandez expected back in two weeks. Rome Gonzalez day to day with back tightness. Here we go, here we go. Somebody mentioned to me, I think it was maybe it was one of the YouTube comments yesterday. I saw somebody said, maybe move Trevor's story to first. How would you feel about that move?
Speaker 3: I like that. I like that a lot. That opens up Marcella Mayer. Then maybe that kind of mitigates some of the potential injury risk. But here's the problem. There's like seven different great options, and they're like Nope, Roamy and Abraham Toro, like it's not what we want. It's not great at all.
Speaker 2: Richard Fitz otherwise known as Dick Fits, is scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Thursday. He is coming back from that back tooral muscle. Ivan Herrera two for six and two steals, which is great to see. In his rehab game yesterday, J two Real Muto was removed with a left foot contusion. Zach Efflin is going to be back this weekend to start against the Angels, So there you go. Got Charlie Morton. That rotation back Zach Eflin will could go wrong. Corbyn burns through a bullpen session Wednesday, no issues with the shoulder. That's good. Glass Now and Snow both are gonna play catch tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Have a catch, Have a catch.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, they can play catch. Have a catch. We can do this again. Clayton Kershaw makes his next rehab start on Sunday, so we'll see if that's the final one for him before heading back to the Dodger rotation. Welsh, it's that time again. It's time for the best bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh. Let's take a look at what we got here and today I'm keeping it simple. Detroit and Colorado and going right back there. A lot of runs yesterday, I think there might be even more today. Give me Riley Green to driving a run plus one hundred. Give me Hove or Baiez to score a run at the top of that winder minus one fifteen because he's been hot and give me the Detroit team total at over five and a half runs at minus one thirty two. Now I haven't put them all together, but I can to see what the parlay is. Just for S's and G's Welsh. While I'm doing that for the boys and girls out there, why don't you give her one your bets for today? All right?
Speaker 3: This Thursday, we are going with Nerfy Ganza. We are going all.
Speaker 2: Their favorite of all the ganzas. This is the best one.
Speaker 3: We went all first five yesterday we went. We went two and one. Man we almost got the third one too. We win the Mets scored in the six, but we actually pushed, we put we actually I'm sorry we went two zero and one because we pushed on one we won the other. So today we're going to move it to Neurfy Ganza. We're going to start with Atlanta and Cincinnati on the Nerfey minus one thirty. We're gonna go to Toronto, La on the Nurfe and Dodgers and Arizona with much higher odds on the the Toronto Los Angeles one really kind of has me interested. Chris Bassett has been really, really good. You've also got Jose Soriano there. Both of these teams are in the bottom fifteen of the league and scoring in the first inning. You don't have Trout in there as well. I think the little bit of a risk is Soriano at the top of the Toronto lineup, but Toronto is down there. I think actually the Angels might be a higher scoring first inning team, So that's probably my favorite in there. Dodger Diamondbacks a little bit risky, a lot risky on Brandon Fott side, Brandon Fought struggles versus lefties. You got Otani right at the top of the of the lineup, but I think that we're going to get through that first in and clean with Fought and Yamamoto has been absolutely unhittable, so I think he's going to take it to the Diamondbacks early part of the lineup, So that one there's inherent risk involved. In Atlanta Cincinnati as well, You've got Schwellenbach going today and Nick Lodolo, but I think both of those are going to mitigate some contact, So it's nurfy. Ganza Toronto La probably my favorite though, And just to be.
Speaker 2: Clear, my Rockies bets are for Game two because I know there's two games today and someone was asking about that. I'm going for game two. Riley Green's not in the lineup. I know that. But we also don't like to do bets here at three o'clock in the afternoon because we do the show at twelve, so typically we try to do stuff for the later in the day.
Speaker 3: By the way, Well, my nerfe'es are later too, by the way.
Speaker 2: And if you put them all together, by the way, for me, it's three to one online and if you change out Riley Green to at a home run instead, you get eight and a half to one, So I like that. So those are the best bets of the day. Don't forget when you're betting. Use the Betting Pros Free trial right now for the best tools on the planet. Download the Betting Pros app use the promo code leading Off and you'll have access to the best betting tools, the premium ones, the prop bet cheat sheet, the Betting pro systems, the same game parlay builder, sharp Ai, so much more, And of course go to fantasypros dot com. Slash leading off. New customers place their first bet, you'll win at five bucks. You get two hundred and fiftyen bonus bets only a fan duel at fantasypros dot Com slash leading off, and I am going with Riley Green for my home run call today. That's where I'm going. Welsh is at thirteen, Wankee Penguin at twelve, Marty's at seventeen. I wish I had won Sodo yesterday instead of the wrong net again, very frustrating. So Riley Green's my guy today. Of course, the Sosa jerseys up for grabs, Welsh, where you go for your home run call?
Speaker 3: Yep, got to get up that board a little bit more, gotta keep rock and didn't get carried carpent during yesterday. But today we are going to move over and hopefully this will not be in the beginning of the inning. And by the way, we can go back to us off the home run board, we can go to Freddy Freeman. So I don't think this is gonna happen in the beginning of the game, but I think Freddy freemaning Brandon Fott does have a home run issue, which does you know again that makes it a concern. There's a reason that Nurphy is minus one oh five, and it's literally about Brandon Fott. I think, but I think Fought a little bit later in the game is going to give one up to a lefty. Otani would be a good bet, but I'm gonna go with Freeman makes a ton of contact. I think Fot's gonna leave one out there. It's run four and a half to one. If you want to do it over on FanDuel, if you want to play that, or you can look at the total base number, which is probably going to be decent. It might be money a little bit over on the plus money for total basis on Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 2: I apologize. I thought I saw that in the early lineup that or in lineup yesterday. The bias was actually towards the top. He'sa in seven or nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, He's usually always around that spot because at the top they's like Riley.
Speaker 2: The other day I saw him up at one. I was like, oh, they moved him up. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe that was just a one off. I apologize for that, so that that's on me. I could have sworn I saw it. Maybe when I was looking at MLB they had it logged differently. As opposed to the lineup. They were just showing you the opposing guys there, and I mistook it for a lineup, so that's on me. Apologies the want to get that doesn't matter. I still like Javy or Bias to score run today because he's been right hot and they should.
Speaker 3: Move off that clip that, by the way, clip that clip you saying, I like hovier by that never will.
Speaker 2: We right now? Baseball's a game of streaks, and thank you for quickly forget forgiving me. Say there is forgiveness here. So there. It's hard to keep track of everything all the time, all at once, but we do our best here at Fantasy Bros. MLB, and of course we'll be doing it again tomorrow again again, so join us on our twitch, join us over at Fantasy Pros MLB on the YouTube channel, and of course check out all of our latest videos here for the waiver Wire, for the trades and everything in between. Bubba Watch continues. What will happen next week? Who knows, but I know it's all gonna go down here. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB