Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 2: It's Thursday at the Cowboys Headquarters in Frisco, your home of the Dallas Cowboys. You are now rocking with the best. My name is Heckma Harrison and this is the Players Lounge. And man, we almost got vote run together. Almost, we almost got it. Listen on, But man, I got the players. I got the players in the building. My man, Danny McCrae is here. My homeboy, Barry Church is here, booking busy. He was looking for yesterday though he was trying to he was trying to give me to to, you know, be on his side. He was like, man to be Churches. I'm telling it. He's waiting for you because a lot of that stuff. Man, he was giving me political answers, and I was like, now what you know about me? It ain't happening. Ain't that He's the man. That man was doing a lot of straddling. No, I'll tell you that show. The show started all right, like we always do it. This time. Man, when I get this show started, what I do on the fellas, I make sure they good. My man, talk to me, man, Well I'm doing good. Man, Listen, I gotta I gotta watch. I gotta watch you now I'm doing I'm doing it, man, I'm doing good. You know me and he can hand it down. Yesterday booked and busy. Feel like they had me out here like they made him know it's good. Three fourth offers back, man, Okay, we had newly back when when they figured out what happened with the Rangers and the Diamonds back shout out to them. But yes, it's a good day. Man. What's up? Man? What's all?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: But y'all I'm good. I'm doing a dazing Oh.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, you know, the boys had me out there, you know, hanging out with the cats from Bank of America. It was me and Brady James out there at the stadium hanging out on you know, we was doing we was doing things out there, and I realized, Man, not a lot of people in this world are athletic.
Speaker 2: Like when when I was throwing the passes. I'm like, man, he's a grown ups out here.
Speaker 3: Just got a photos on a wheelchair. Were total stretch. Make sure you're stretched. We're gonna throw man. That boy came out there with crutches and the knee brace. Man, what's going on on? The tricky passes right in the bread basket? And man, it was rough.
Speaker 2: It was rough. So that means you missed for a good cause. But we had a good show yesterday. Like I said, Man, Danny was Danny was, you know, he was look a lot of things. He was zoned with this team. We're gonna have to reinterrate because I want to know. I want to know from you. You wasn't here yesterday, So I'm gonna have to get I'm definitely gonna have to get your takes on a lot of this, man. But we're gonna start what we said we would. And this is Cowboys defense versus the Rams offense. Now, unless you've been sleeping under rock, the Rams getting off to I wouldn't say a good start three and four seasons so far, but offensively, they got some good stuff going on. And if you watch any tape on him right now, Matthew Stafford a guy. That man they played for the for the Lions. Now with the Rams won a Super Bowl. After that down year last year, it looks like he's making his way back and he's got some help on his side. No, without a doubt.
Speaker 3: You know you're right with everything you say, Matt Stafford when you look at it, even in you know his advanced age up there, I think.
Speaker 2: This is what year fourteen, yes, fifteen, man flying, But he's uh, he's still throwing the ball really well.
Speaker 3: And I still think he's one of the most talented quarterbacks international Football League. And when you talk about the weapons they possessed, I mean we all understand who it is. You know, you got Coop on once a Cooper Cup on one side, and then you got Pooka Nikoua on the other side. And this guy kind of Nicole, kind of came from nowhere. You know, defenses really weren't expecting much from him, and then boom out the gate. First three games, I think he had almost three three hundred and fifty yards or something crazy like that.
Speaker 2: He was on the tear Yeah, he's already already.
Speaker 3: So that dude is on the tear fence and he's respectable he's respectable, so you got to you make sure you know where he is at all times.
Speaker 2: But when you're a defender.
Speaker 3: And you talk about the Rams offense, I think it boils down to one guy, and we're talking about Cooper Cup. I mean when you look at him, especially a guy in the secondary, this is a guy you gotta keep your eyes on because what we all know, he consistently over years has the ability to beat you with the deep ball. He's fasten than a lot of people think. But more importantly, he can kill your defense with a thousand cups by just moving the chains every third down. Some reason, he got that witting aspect with it where he can just kind of give you a shite slight shove or some type of you know, maneuver.
Speaker 2: In his routes where he gets open.
Speaker 3: So those are the two guys that this defense has got to focus on, because the running back Williams, I think is Caner Williams. He's out, he's on ir Then they got two guys coming in to replace him. But they got to know where number ten is at all times because we all know he could hurt you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, I'm looking at the Rams and I'm looking at their schedule, okay, and this I'm trying to keep us from falling it because you know he been on next week, last week week, right, so so so you know we talk about the NFC West invitation. Okay, we owe in too? Are we owing too? And this is why you have to remove the schedule when you're looking at teams and saying, okay, well they schedule, Look, they record looks this way, and I was just whatever, and we should be better than them, and it just it's football, right and any given Sunday, anything can happen. But they play in the NFC West, Okay, and they first game, they went out there and drugged the Seahawks. Okay, who we believe other good teams, the top five ten, it's a good team. Okay. They beat the Cardinals. We lost the Cardinals. Okay. They called Cincinnati coming off one of the worst starts to the to the year, where they it was a must win for them, right, and they still played them in the close game, all right, And then you know you got Philly and then you know the other the other couple. But when you look at their team, their record doesn't show that this is a this is a very competitive team to where it ain't even about if you will go out there sleepwalking that you can get beat. You could show up on your best day and still get beat, right, because that's because they have the weapons, They got the coaching, they got the office court, and they still have a lot of time. They got Aaron Donald who is an absolute game record on their squad. So when you're looking at them, you say, Okay, our defense. If we're going to lean on our defense to be the unit that takes us to wherever we want to go, hiever deep into the playoffs, you're gonna have to go against these type of receivers who we can agree that Cooper Cup is just the real deal Triple Brown winner, and then Pooka, like from what you've seen from him, you know, yeah, what you've seen from him at the beginning of the year. He is a very formidable receiver, probably above that. Right. So now you say, okay, can we stop the run. We have been stopping to run lately ever since Arizona. We've been we've been, we've been doing good. Now you have your test. There's gonna be a gauntlet for you coming up of Like, Okay, they got two guys they got two receivers that you're gonna have to cover. We missing Trayvon Diggs. I think the matchup with our defensive aacks and the receivers that is going to show us what we can expect for the rest of the season. So I'm excited to see a little nervous, but I'm excited because we got Dron Bland step on Gilmarthur. This is a big time step up game for darn blade out there's and that's where I'm going next. I'm going to the matchup itself with our defensive backs versus their wide receivers. And you bring up something that I don't think that a lot of people here in Cowboy Country have really talked about to the extent that it needs to, and that's Trayvon Diggs. His absence and what it has meant to this defense. I don't know about y'all. This defense has looked different to me overnight, and just the scheme, the way that they play, and a lot of it. Okay, Trayvon Diggs doesn't stop the run. He's not a tackler, he's not any of that. So obviously you kind of just say, okay, he's not an interior guy, So why are we getting gashed in the run like this? Okay? Then you look on the backside and guys like d run Bland. Obviously he was more of a nickel guy and there were different things that dan Quinn could do with his scheme. Now it just seems like the identity of all of those guys on the back end have changed. Whereas you will see Hooker who could stalk the line of scrimmage, Kurse could stalk the line of scrimmage. Now you're seeing these guys playing roles that maybe they didn't have any plans on playing this year, but incomes these two wide receivers like like you said, can move the chains in Cooper Cup he's a possession receiver. But now we're pooking the cool six to two hundred and five pounds out of b y U and Bro he is a dog. And for me, it's I'm looking at the I'm looking at y'all. Gotta keep going, keep going.
Speaker 4: The God all right, the bet your boy.
Speaker 2: Run Blad. You gotta tell me, I mean, what do they have to do to get stops? Listen, listen, And I want to continue saying this. I will continue seeing this, Okay, I believe in darn Bland, like I have believed in Darron Blanton when he was playing nickelback when they moved him outside that like, I've been believing in the guy, and I think I saw I can't even remember what the stat was. It was the PFF. I know how people feel about THEFF, But yardage allowed or completion percentage allowed when he's guarding, it's somewhere around like twenty two percent. Like it's like the lowest in the league. Right, So outside of the players where you say, okay, they probably should have hit Keenan Allen on that play where he fell down. He had he had one of those plays. But but opposite of that, the guy's been turning the ball over. They haven't been able to pick on him. Quise. Usually when you get a guy like that in the game and the opposing team sees it, they're like, we going to him that way. They haven't been able to They haven't been able to do that, all right, So I'm saying, Okay, looking at that, what are they gonna do with stuff? Gilmore? I still believe that he has a lot left. When you are a player of the caliber that he is losing the step ain't like when you an average player and you lost a step, all right, So he can still get out there and play. He's gonna be a little savvy trying to figure out, you know what, route concepts, and I think he still has that instinct to be able to get out there and make plays. But the fact of the matter is a triple Crown winner is on the opposite side of it, right, So you have to know that no matter what, he's probably gonna he's probably gonna get some catches, He's probably gonna make some plays. It's you limiting the yards after catch for a team like the Los Angeles Rams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you hundredsent right, We talking about limiting those those yak yards, those yards after the catch, because if you look at last year, you know what the Cooper cup to I think he had one hundred and twenty some yards receiving. He had that big chunk play for a touchdown. But after that they kind of condensed on them in the They weren't letting them get off like that. So to me, he was he was. He's a guy that you've got to contain. But when you talk about these two wide receivers on the outside cup and pooping the cool.
Speaker 2: They bring their challenges. We all understand that.
Speaker 3: And Matt Stafford has that ability, you know, to throw the ball, make every throw out there. But to me, this is gonna come down to them trenches. To me, it's gonna come down to that, to that rush that the Dallas Cowboys hopefully are able to provide, because if you go back to last year's game, once again, they got after Stafford five times, they sacked them five times, and they made things hard pretty much the entire afternoon back there for him through an interception.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was, it was.
Speaker 3: It was a tough setting for Stafford out there. And I think this same defensive line, if they bring that intensity that they had the Chargers game, even though they didn't get a sack, you saw it. I mean Herbert was kind of under the rest pretty much the entire game. So if they could do that same thing with Stafford, I think the Cowboys defensively should have a big time advantage. And I think what I'm looking for, guys is how often does Dan Quinn give Bland help. We know that, but he's been not having He's been This is a guy that's been been on an Island. But when you come up against a wide receiver corps like the one that Los Angeles has, you gotta think that.
Speaker 2: You give him some help.
Speaker 3: So you think over you think they're gonna help Bland or help Gilmore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was trying to run Gilmore out the gym. And but that's that's that's, that's why you that's in this situation, especially with the with the injury, I think that's who you trust more. And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm just saying I think you were talking about him missing half of maybe half a step, But even at his half a step, his knowledge of the game is even that much better than a guy like Durruan Blaand I would trust Gilly more than I would Bland against pooking the cool. I think this is the this is actually the test for Duran Bland, right, seriously? So you so you would? Would you? So you got Pooking the coop out there.
Speaker 3: So you're saying anytime he's kind of on bland side or kind of lined up outside, you double him and you.
Speaker 2: May have to give him some safety help. You may have to give him some safety help, or you may not. If he if the lot comes from the cool also will line up in the inside to why we felt like this about d I think it's I think it's more help about Gilly. But so are you starting the game off helping these guys? Are you waiting to see if anything happens that what we're doing? Okay, I don't see this stuff, but you know you're not seeing a big hand. Yeah, I'm gonna leave, but that's what we need. On defense. I have no idea. I don't know. I can't tell what how to mask. But man, I don't know somebody big enough to have them, somebody big enough to come in with a man so ship old bro. But I swear I thought I was. I was like this. I was like, I can't even see that. I saw going crazy. What's going on with me? Up? That's like chasing you with a clown? Said Williams. Out here stuff. I was like, man, I'm finna go to the doctor. Wow, that's a big hand I saw. I saw a little bit. I turned out, but back to back to I have to so at the beginning of the game, do y'all feel like, so the game plan right now is, Hey, when we're when we come out, we have a plan for Cooper Cup and a plan for pookah Uh. As far as who we're going to give help or do you say, Okay, we're gonna go out here and based off how these guys are played all season, we're gonna let them go out here, line up one the woman, we play man coverage and if it ends up to where somebody's just going crazy, right you know, halftime Cooper Cup got one hundred and fifty yards, then you got to figure something out. But other than that, I'm seeing me I'm seeing them line up one on one and see if they can hold up and then adjusting if they can't. That's that's what I see how we'all y'all feel about it. So you feel like so you feel like they should go to if.
Speaker 3: You got a game plan for you know, a guy that's gonna that has the opportunity to go crazy, I just don't think you risk it by saying that no one on one. Yeah, you know you understand your personnel out there, and if there was Digs out there, I'm like, all right, go ahead, do your thing out there. But even though look, Duron Bland has not for turning the football over, I still believe there's routes and there's concept that you can get him on just like any other corner out there.
Speaker 2: And I would help, But man, you don't want to kill con. You don't want to be out there like every time we run a man a man coveras like we can't we can't have a middle hook drop or we can't have this, and we can't have that because we have to then commit somebody to go help with darn Blant, who has only shown you that he can play cornerback, like until he get out there, and give him some of that old Kevin Joseph Luz or whatever singing him some of that what I'm saying, like, go ahead and give him what he what he's earned. He's earned the right for you to say, all right, we're gonna give you a shot. And every time we they giving him a shot, he stepped up and against and against a rookie wide receiver. I would like to believe that Bland has the goods to be on an island with put the cool. I'm just saying what I've seen so far in seven games from number seventeen. He's a headache. He is a headache. And those crossing routes that we're talking about. Don't stop. I mean, he is one of those guys even off the line of scrimmage because he's so big, he's so physical. If he breaks a tackle, he had a getting to the next level. But I think the thing that you were talking about is the pass rush. Last time we played them five five sacks, so that pressure was a problem for the Rams. You have to do the same thing this game. And that's why Michael parsons this defense is they gotta get it going. You have to you have to get sacks. And this is for the offensive line for the Rams. And we talked about it a little bit yesterday. Not a bunch of names. Nobody up. They don't have a Trent wigs spas I'm trying to get to. They don't have a Trent Wive. So this should be a game that osa that Gilmore Gallimore, guys like that got to just stop. By my god, dude, Sam saying Williams, don't they file of guys like that. Darnce Armstrong like, our front should eat this game, man. And you're going to get a quarterback who's he's not Josh Donnas.
Speaker 3: All right, he's not gonna be he's not even party as far as you know, be athletic, and no, they're not gonna see any of that.
Speaker 2: So he's kind of a stationary target back there.
Speaker 3: I mean he got the you know kind of Brady asked as far as moving around in the pocket and avoiding the rush and buying time. But other than that, I mean, if they able to get home, I mean, there's no chasing this guy down, there's no extending to play long enough for these guys to get open. It should be advantaged cowboys, it should be okay.
Speaker 2: And I said this yesterday and I misspoke, okay, because I was like, you know what I would rather than which I would rather than throw the ball. We still got to get out here and stop to run. Okay, first things, first, stop the run against these guys. If you don't, and you give them an opportunity to be not just a one trick pone me and they can get out there and run the boss on you, and they can be balanced with those two receivers that they got. Then that pass rust and stuff don't matter. Yeah, yeah, you know, you know it doesn't matter. We saw it against Arizona. If you can't do what you're supposed to do on first and second down and put them in third and long positions. Then you're gonna be in trouble. Man, You're in trouble.
Speaker 3: And it'll be honest with you if because it can Wills he's not playing. So if Henderson, who they're gonna they may bring up from the practice squad and the other guys going to go nuts on you out there, you got a serious, serious problem. Like those two guys should not you know, sniff the century mark. They shouldn't not, you know, James not not. None of these guys ha sniffed the century mark. And if you're able to do that, you make him a one trick pony. And I feel like that falls right in the Dad quins.
Speaker 2: So you have Darryl Henderson junr as they running back and that's what you were just talking about. Royce Freeman. Also, yeah, where did this guy comes? And also Zach Evans, Zach Evans from Ole, miss A guy that went to TCU, guy from h Town, uh from north Side North South high Man. Yeah, he was dynamic. I don't even know what no, Hi, I'm from the North's the what's the mad High School? And won somebody stays tight north sure, North Sure, ain't no side high by the man, We're not even on the north side. They're on the whole nother side of town for sure. Galakalnakalna north Sure, I said, north side, north shore, n a W that's the side now. Zach Evans Man, he's a dude that was running in high school. Man. He was dynamic and one of those guys that I think has made the Rams roster. I think he's nursing some injuries, but they're running game. Like you said, this shouldn't be a running game that you feel like it is going to be a one hundred yard at the end of the night, hundred and fifty yards our front to shut him down. Sacks. Give me a number on sacks, man for this game. I gave your number yesterday on rushing yards, and you shot me three sacks. Three. I can see three if we play the game how we should, I can see three sacks. I'm going with what they did last year. I'm going on five. Ye, they gonna get five. They gonna they're gonna get on these boys five sleeping sleeping on the Rams. Don't let that you man, that the team you out there said that you think may be better than Detroit. Seattle went out there and got stomped by l A. I'm just saying because because look, this is.
Speaker 3: This team they should beat, and I don't want to come here the next.
Speaker 2: Week and they be like, man, you've seen what they did against that rushing attack. They shut it down.
Speaker 3: But we all know that that's what should happen. That's what that's what should happen.
Speaker 2: I mean, in that first game of the season, I mean his first game of the season, right, you know, we're going first game of the season, they beat the breaks out of them. Did of course. I mean, I'm not trying not to count it, but I'm just saying that the Seattle see also the same team, you know. I mean, they getting better, but they got handled. It was a thirty thirteen what it was. But man, the NFC West Invitational rages on, and man, I'm gonna I'm gonna see, I'm gonna get it. I'm gonna see because it's starting to feel like when we get to tomorrow, I'm gonna be surprised. It really feel like, y'all what you're thinking, listen, what you think I'm feeling like. I'm feeling like nah, I ain't gonna get to it, and I'm gonna save. I'm gonna say what we're gonna do with Coming up next, we're gonna talk about the quarterback and coach who has the better quarterback and coach on either side? Coming up next here on the players lounge.
Speaker 5: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, slapped hunts down.
Speaker 5: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, selling trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: An a rubbish show running up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 5: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 5: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here. What's Smoothie King? And Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving new Smoothie Bowls from Smoothie King and Woo Me Too. These smoothie bowls start with USII and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, Crunchy Purely Elizabeth Granola, and his Savory Peanut butter Drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, t shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeirenov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 2: Home were away.
Speaker 8: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them boys. Smear enoff we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the players loud. It's spooky season at the Star. Join us on Saturday, October twenty eight, four Halloween Spooctacular, brought to you by Mars Candy Trick or treat from thirty plus restaurants and shops in the Star District, Plus enjoy a performance from a magician, spooky tunes from a live DJ, crafts for the kiddos, and more out on top Tostedos Championship Plaza. This event is free and open to the public. Visit the Star District dot com for more information. Man a spook Tacular. That that's the twenty eighth. Get the baby dressed up and bring out to bring out to the Star. Bring out to the Star. She's gonna tell you all they can that's what You gotta take all of the good stuff out and leave the healthy stuf when they vegetables, yeah leave, yeah. Gotta be a veteran at this thing. You gotta be quick, gott to be click. What you what you guys dressing up for as Halloween? Do y'all do all that dress up? I'm a NASCAR driver. This ship we were supposed to go to booll And we I don't think we're going anymore, but we got a we're like a mermaid family. So I'm gonna look like ackle man a little bit. You know what I'm saying, You black an awkward, You're gonna have a whole pants on I got I got a little try. You know, ain't nothing what you're gonna be. Man, I don't do that man like because come on, man, I know y'all gonna do it. You know what's the Eagles mascot? I have no idea that's who you're gonna be the Eagle. I would have tastedbody. Everybody know.
Speaker 5: You have.
Speaker 2: You had your one laugh, but we got one more week lay around with a bank man. That man is still running around with a mask man, so's crazy. I used to work at a haunting house, bro I used to be that excited too, until until about week three. You scared somebody just get the swinging scarce. We put people in the house. Yeah, yeah, I'm saying you should even came up here. Dog. You see the man got art problem. I was in ninth grade. I was like, yeah, we like that was the gold scarce somebody you know that they hurt itself and so on ninth grade. I don't care. It's ruthless. Can't put your hands on him. Oh God, I'm telling you, Sam Williams in this in this clown outfit is not it's not for the fainted heart. Man. I can't. I can't do it. I can't do it. But man, continuing on with this, with this game. I asked the question, which QB in OC do you trust? And I use the word t are you a s T? I know where y'all gonna go with the trust factor, But I put that in there for a reason because I want to know even with the simple size you like that BC, I like that is simple size that you got with Mike McCarthy and Dak going up against my man mcveigh's new father, uh and Matthew Stafford. Who you trust? Who you trust? Who you think is you trust more? Who do you trust more? Trust more? Like to do?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: Come on? Now? You know what? I don't even talking about.
Speaker 3: Trust as far as he gonna have a scheme that's going you know, these offensive players are gonna get I'm going with McVeigh.
Speaker 2: Sunday playing play call, I'm going with McVeigh.
Speaker 3: I mean, from what we've seen, the sample size, you know, McCarthy has not been off to the greatest starts as an offensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: I think we can all agree upon that. McVeigh.
Speaker 3: On the other hand, I mean, you got a guy in the fifth round poking the cool I have seven hundred some yards. Cooper Cup comes back back to back over one hundred yards. So he's getting the playmakers involved early and often. So when it comes to play calling, I'm going with McVeigh.
Speaker 2: How much would you talking? I agree? Unfortunately, I don't want to agree, but I hate to three because the red zone problems going to effect. Uh, you know, us looking vanilla on offense sometimes does go into effect. Do I still have faith in Mike BECAUSEY is a play called. Absolutely, But we have seen some of the stuff that Sean McVay came into the league with and continues to run, and it is still some of the most innovative stuff that we that we were saying, I'm going to go with Sean Vay as far as you know, being more creative and getting his main guys involved, which I hope we find a way to do this this week. I hope we find a way to do it. What about you? What about you?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 2: I mean I find it interesting because coming into this season, we were thinking more Kellen Moore. Kellen Moore, I'm thinking, is in that McVeigh company plays that he likes to design with the most. That's what I'm talking about. Make sure we clear on that. And we're talking about what he did was huh, that's cutting edge?
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 2: That shaw Wow? Okay, yeah, that's crazy. Yeah, I trust him. I trust him. Keep myself out of the the houtting edge office. But we were we wanted Mike McCarthy to be more traditional. We wanted him to get the running game going, not put Dack who had fifteen interceptions in harm's way. Now, after the bye, after we got an opportunity to look at it, everybody's like, man, this thing is lacking all kind of it's it's up and down with whether you want to praise it or say this is vanilla.
Speaker 3: Everybody's off to their worst start. I think, right, I mean, yes, numbers number. Everybody cooks.
Speaker 2: CD. I don't know. I think CD CD kind of balling.
Speaker 3: No's he's he's he's bad, he's bad man. Yea that I mean, he gotta call us bag bam. Everybody's off to their worst start, but you're winning exactly four and two.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna throw like who we played out there and all that stuff, cause I don't want you push back, but we ain't put now I'm gonna push back.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 2: Okay, the just won a couple of games. All the Patriots horrible, Okay, Giants horrible. But yes, okay, I'm still I'm still veigh It's like I'm trying to think of an analogy to go with this one. Okay, you hop cut your water on before you get in the shower, right, You put it all the way hot, all the way hot. You getting there realized it's too damn hot. You move it up a little bit, and now it's too cold. Right. I think that's what we're at with McCarthy, right. I think when Kelln was here, he's like, WHOA hold on, So we and then not McCarthy here were like hold on, wait, not too cold. We need to be right up in the middle. Okay, we need the perfect temperature and we just haven't found it yet. Have we seen flashes up seen flashes of it. That's why hopefully coming out of the boy week, we got the temperature just right, because if not in the leave me alone, where where's the laft? Yeah? Okay, where where's the laft? But hopefully hopefully a lot of self scout here happen. Some self scout happened where dan Quinn went in and looked at our offense, and we went and Mike McCarthy went and looked at dan Quinn's defense, and then they came back and they said, Hey, if I was actually coaching against you, this is what I would do because we see in this type of tendency whatever, and then this is how you can be better. Hopefully that comes out because we know dan Quinn's an amazing defensive coordinator. He could see some of that stuff and that'll help him out. It's amazing. I'm so happy you McCarty. Or we haven't done the quarterback. Yeah, so no, then let's tag in the defensive coordinators Raheen Morris and dan Quinn. So let's take the whole package. You're taking oc you're a different So it's I'm saying, I'm saying Mike McCarthy, dan Quinn McVeigh, Raheem Morris. No, no, hold on, well, because I already took McVeigh and I'm gonna take Dan Quinn, I don't together asked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you go on, you know, coordinators versus coordinators, I would lean towards Dallas because I believe Quinn is that much better than the LA even though there's no I think he's a good defensive coordinator as well.
Speaker 2: But super Bowl championhip, but I think Quinn is a better defensive coordinator.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's because the pieces he has, whatever the case may be, his defense right now is better than the Rams defense. So he Quinn got a track record, Okay, just like you know, two times Tu Bowl, Lisa, the boom was a thing, all right, went to went to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Okay, twenty eighty three. They was up twenty eighty three, all right. He went to the Super Bowl as a as a head coach, was successful, It is successful as a office defensive coordinator. And now he's here and it's changed the whole culture. All right. So let's go back last year and you say man, dann Quinn, like we really believe in him as the guy as being the reason for now all of a sudden were saying, Okay, we got some dogs on our team, right right, walk out with the hat backwards and all that stuff. So I'm I'm always gonna take Dan Quinn. But like you said, Fay, we you know we've seen it. We've seen it. I remember with Tiger it was around now, I can only see it triple triple crown. They got a lot to do with that. We need to figure out a way to get ceedee lamb to be you know in that conversation, we just haven't been able to do it but the lab. But but I find that interesting, right So now, basically when I at the defensive coordinators into it, they nullify each other. It's a wash. It's a wash. It's a wash between there the rams UH head coach and offense coordinator. In our defensive coordinator and then on the side for Mike McCarthy and and Raheem Morris. You're now saying you both the wash. Okay, now I'm saying the whole thing is a wash. I'm picking the offensive coordinator one side and the defensive coordinator on the other side. So I think it all evens out Dak and Matthew. See that.
Speaker 3: So that's what we're talking about, Dak and Matthew. As of right now, we're talking about this year. We ain't talking about the body of work. We ain'talking about none of that. We're talking about this year. Who, Yes, that's what I'm gonna go find. Matthew, I'm gonna go with that on this one. I'm gonna go with Dak because if you look at it, just this Sam mad so far this year, outside of one game, Dak has protected the football like that. The man has not turned the football over outside of that one game. And we all know Matt Stafford's you can make all the throws, he's super talented, but he'll also throw the football to the opposing team.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've seen that in the past, and we've seen that so far this year.
Speaker 3: So when you talking about a quarterback who I would trust in clutch time that can take a team down and get the job done, I'm gonna have to go with Prescott on that one, just on this year's sample size, because he's done a good job and not turned.
Speaker 2: The ball over. D MATC what you got. I'm just looking at Matthew Stafford right now. Seventeen and six interceptions, two multiple game interceptions, multiple multiple interception games, Cincinnati and San Francisco all be it, you know, really good defenses. It's it's not an easy one. Yeah, no, it ain't. Like yeah, yeah, it's not an easy one because the difference between them and we and we always put a lot of a lot of stock into super bowls. Okay, one of them has won the Super Bowl. One of them, one of them has won the Super Bowl, okay, and and it ain't the one on our squad. So that's what to me, that's what makes it a little bit more difficult, because difficult because when you say, okay, who do I trust to get us to the Promised Land, Well, one of those been there and very very recently, very recently, and he knows how to use his weapons. Like so when I'm looking at man, we need a big, a big time play or we need to make a drive down the field. It's hard not to pick the rams the season. I thought this game I'm talking about I'm talking about now what this game, but based off of the season, like, okay, what we've seen when we needed big time drives. Besides last week when back made when we haven't seen him, we haven't seen him do it, so that's what makes it a little bit more difficult. But like, since it's even and I'm on the Cowboys and I love the Cowboys, I'm gonna pick that back. But like that's one of the letter, right knows. That's why to me that also would have been a wash. So that's what he was doing yesterday, That's what I'm saying that straddling. I mean, he was over there and no, I was. I was about to pick Matthew Stafford easy. Then I looked at him and I see that he has seven touchdowns and six interceptions. Okay, So that's that's the only thing that turned me around from that. So now I'm like, okay, all right, well he's been turned the ball over to so but at the end of the game, at the end of the game, on the last drive of the game, who do you want you down? You're down by four, two minutes left in the game. Who do you want at your quarterback?
Speaker 3: I'm going with Dak because I believe one if we're going by this year, he's gonna pack the ball. But also he can he can hurt you with your legs as well. I feel like if a defense get pinned in on on Stafford, he got only his arm to go out there and do damage with.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go back on that, you know, I'm going you know, and then I can't wait to tell you how many interceptions Jalen Hurts has. But what we're gonna do next is we want to talking about back anyway when we come back. When we come back, we're gonna talk about our Thursday predictions. I think some people starting to make up some some some some you know win on this. You know, yeah, you talking about you're running away, you running away right another way with this that I think some other people is gaining ground after because we ain't being picked on the bye week, but we picking the day. Let me let me help you out and stop bringing up the Eagles. Okay, it's alert. They we already established the day on the hold of the level. We ain't talking about what they quarter because they lost one game. This interceptions we're talking about, we're talking about, we talking about who we want to let some I figured we know how many times. But anyway, that's what we're gonna talk about coming up next here on the players Lounge.
Speaker 9: Oh, it's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys v I. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 5: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapped. He'll love pull a first down.
Speaker 5: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 6: Prescott's gonna run this him show, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 5: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 5: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at you Go Boss dot com, and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 2: Home are away.
Speaker 8: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys.
Speaker 2: Smeir Enoff.
Speaker 8: We do game days, Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the players lounge. The twenty twenty four PVR World Finals are taking over eighteen and T Stadium. It'll All starts on May seventeenth with Kid Rock Rock and Roll Rodeo. Then on May eighteenth and nineteenth, the finalists compete in the twenty twenty four PVR Championship. Let's Rock and Ride. Three day tickets are on sale now at sea geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of a T and T Stadium. So games tonight, I wish I had one of them. Uh TV sports my head looking at the play they just ran to get that tightened open. Was that's a good play out and up by the flap that was a good play. It's uh tonight? Who playing the night man? Come on?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: Oh well, I thought you Tampa Bay versus the bill? The bills. That's how I at the bills. The fine and a half point favorites. The Buffalo bills are so come on, shaking bank, half shaking bank. Pixy does does come into play that PIXI Now he's been talking about a roller coaster, talking about Josh Allen, that bad one week man. He's unstoppable. Next week he had the two picks, three picks total of ten points. And that's what I'm saying when I look around at the NFL and the teams that everybody's saying all the top teams and the Bills coming into the season was one of those teams. Josh Allen bro is the roller coaster that he's on right now, is dumb. When he throws an interception, it's almost like he goes, oh, I gotta give you another one, snowball. It ain't right unless I give you too. I can't give you one. I gotta give you another. And it's always in the red zone, always at a bad time when he he could turn into a punkin at any time. You like that dude, the crab table. You lose, you lose your first little bread and like I'm gonna go get it back and you're gonna sit holds up for you know, he got full picks And that's.
Speaker 3: What if you look at it, I'm like, he just doesn't believe in dumping it down like he just I got He feels like he has to make a comeback in one play, like it's got to be this big chunk play and it's wild hele heck though, because heck them went through.
Speaker 2: I mean six 'y five, two hundred and thirty pound quarterback. They rocket arm and he's still having figured out how to be efficient as a passer and not turn the ball over. He has one of the best wide receivers in the NFL. He still can't figure figure out a way how to get him the ball. But everybody else he can't get them active. He makes the reckless plays. We're asking for Dak to just run the ball more. I don't know what they're asking his brother to do, because it's like, you cannot continue doing that and expect to be healthy for eighteen weeks now, Yeah, he wire, But you know that's what I don't. I don't even know if I've picked them tonight, Baker Baker versus Yeah, I don't know. I do have a question before we get into the next stup. AFC. Okay, what you see from the AFC right now? Okay, just put your imaginary imaginer. If Aaron Rodgers was playing for the New York Jets right now, would they be the best team in AFC. No, it'd be close between them. In Kansas City. I think they will be the just just based off what we've seen with Zach that yeah, I imagine having Garrett Wilson with with Hall and then also Aaron Rodgers out there. I just I'm looking at him saying, and their defense like, yeah, Kansas City defense is real this year. So that's why it will be close. But I think it would be you're looking at the AFC and saying, man, you got Joe Burrow them. You don't know where where they're gonna end up at, but as far as the competition there them, uh balt at Baltimore, Kansas City, possibly New York. You're still even looking at New York right now saying, okay, not that you better watch out because they can actually make a run and still at least they stay in competition for the real The reason I say no is because they would have needed that offensive line to be that much better with because he can't. I mean, Zach Wilson has been able to get those throws off because he's more mobile. Ay right, get out of the pocket. Get out of the pocket. Okay.
Speaker 3: I think the difference is a rod would have had like all right, audible, he would have been spread getting the ball out. That's an interesting question. I think it'd be tight, though.
Speaker 2: I'm just I can imagine the frustration from the New York Jets fans believe in it or looking at it now and saying last year we thought we needed one piece definitely, like man was right, we just need that one right, we just need that one piece. And yes, I can imagine how frustrating this from him, you know, And then you look at Miami on the other side. Miami blew opportunity. But Tarik Hill his injury right now in the AFC, how that's gonna If he's like, legit, seriously hurt, that's gonna change everything for them because the Dolphins are gonna have to figure out a way.
Speaker 3: He's like he was literally toss this up. You got a safety in the corner, and this dude just outruns everybody.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, area, and you know he's out there. But you know, we talked about this and we're not gonna change anything until new he gets back. But we talked about the bye week and we said, you know, look, we'll make changes on our season. Outlook after the bye week. As much of your season is gonna change from where you had it before, or would you turn some of those l's into w's.
Speaker 3: I would George, I think I wouldn't stay of saying I think I was like eleven and six mark. I believe I was at eleven and six CB. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong. But we've got met as eleven and six, and I think that's a that's a good mark. That's a good mark. You're gonna say that. I got your answer yesterday. You told me you as possible some changes coming.
Speaker 2: It changed change like I have to see how we come out of the bad week. But I'm glad we get the opportunity to see how we play against the Rams and then and then and then go into figuring out what we look like for the rest of the season. But last thing, last thing, Cowboys win or lose because of this. Cowboys win or lose because our secondary. We're gonna win because our secondary holds up against the Los Angeles Rams. Then we lose because we lose because we don't figure out a way to hold the ball just a little bit to give our defensive risks. We win if they get back to that to where they were the first two games. Offense.
Speaker 3: As far as getting Tony Pollard involved, I mean he's only had thirty four carries in the past three games.
Speaker 2: That's just not enough for him. So they win.
Speaker 3: If they get him back involved and lose Pooking the Cool and Cup just start going crazy like that, that rush can't get there and those two I receivers start eating, it's gonna be a long afternoon.
Speaker 2: We win. If Dak runs the damn ball, that's that's that's helping the Tony Pollard, that's helping everybody. But if Dak becomes turns of time back and becomes a mobile quarterback and he picks up those yards when they have us in man and man situations, they have their back turn. If Dak can get pick up those yards and becomes that playmaker that we need, the difference maker that we need in this offense, we win the game. If we lose the game, what you said happens, poo. If it's a whole but you're the announcing Pooking the Cool for a nine yard catch, Cooper Cup for a fifteen yard catch, now it's gonna be its gonna be a long Monday's gonna be a long Monday coming in him. But that's all right, that's what we did. That another hold on what we picked? Who we got tonight? Yeah? Who you got? I am taking the Buffalo Bills. I'll take the Buffalo bill winning by seven. Give me Pixie Dust Man, Pixie Dust Buffalo Bills. You going Baker shaking Banka. I'm gonna go Buffalo. I'm gonna go. Yeah, I'm gonna go Buffalo. That's my pick. Hey, we'll be in tomorrow at two o'clock. Man, we're gonna get the rest of it. We gotta put our games together, the games together for y'all tomorrow. But man, we're gonna say it with our chest tomorrow. It's another show that says with the we're gonna say. We're gonna say it what I was on Friday. We're gonna see how this will gonna come out. I'm interested to see. I think we're gonna have some shots. I think some people go turn cold on and say, on twelve o'clock, I ain't coming back here on the Players Lounge.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 8: Y