Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Doll Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live from.
Speaker 3: The Dallas Cowboys World Course at.
Speaker 4: The Star in Frisco.
Speaker 2: Don't take burgers here, Let's got tinsis.
Speaker 1: And now your hosts Isaiah standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: It's a Talking Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas in the s WBT Seat Studios.
Speaker 4: Welcome and everybody.
Speaker 5: We've got the whole cast and crew ready for you to rock today with Patrick No, c Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah's stand back Chris Beam is in the back of Kyle Yeomans and Chris.
Speaker 3: Beam, Well he's gonna be you today.
Speaker 4: You know why why is that guy? Because it's time to take.
Speaker 3: Your calls on a Talking Tuesday Tuesday.
Speaker 4: And I guess watched you. You had one couple already your mind, only one Tuesday here.
Speaker 6: Call us now that some wine.
Speaker 2: Shoes you're watching this Such a is.
Speaker 4: Just such a vin you could be called.
Speaker 5: It's like almost as Josh Rodriguez his gold chain around his neck.
Speaker 7: Hey, hey, why word every day?
Speaker 8: Kyle?
Speaker 3: I know it just doesn't pop like it did because.
Speaker 7: I usually I took it in because you don't. I don't want to stand chain.
Speaker 4: Wait.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's some grave accusation, sir, that is a grave accusing.
Speaker 4: I took it in because Isaiah's here.
Speaker 2: What stop it?
Speaker 3: What stop it?
Speaker 4: I reiterate that.
Speaker 2: I know you were instituting the talk bro. I'm definitely no nipping tug your buddy Tom Brady.
Speaker 6: I was calling, hey, Kyle, you know what today is outside of talking Tuesday?
Speaker 4: What's that? It is Opening day for the NHL. I was about to.
Speaker 5: Ask why you were wearing Seattle Crackhouse jersey number one inaugural season edition.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right, you guys see it right there inaugural season. You just moved your mic away.
Speaker 6: It's okay, Hey guys, yeah, so rocking and cracking. Listen up, I'm in Detown. I live in Dtown, but I still love my hometown. Let me show you guys with the back.
Speaker 5: We know it actually does say Duck Crackhouse because it's the Seattle cracking.
Speaker 7: You love Seattle. How what do you think of that game against the Bucks.
Speaker 4: All right, we're talking cowboys. I don't want to talk about that one. We're talking to cowboys. Yep, cracking, Who does the crack?
Speaker 2: And have to night say the call in number.
Speaker 4: We don't play till we don't play till Thursday. Actually I was about to say the Stars don't play to either. Okay, the Ducks, you don't.
Speaker 2: Your face doesn't seem the mighty, doesn't seem confident.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh that goes my sound. Good.
Speaker 5: Stars open up on the road against the Jets on Thursday. So we got a little bit of time to.
Speaker 4: Coast Dallas against the Jets right now?
Speaker 2: Pretty good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it has worked out this week. It work out the point. Yeah, both teams got a star in their logo to back to that. But yeah, NHL's back love Hockey season. The basketball is right around the corner.
Speaker 4: Of the back. Oh you're about to be busy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, dude.
Speaker 3: MAVs exhibition last night they destroyed.
Speaker 5: The reigning NBA champion Oklahoma City Thunder at Dicky's Arena.
Speaker 7: And so are you implying that we're going to win the.
Speaker 4: World Championship championship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it, all right? This does not imply that the mass NBA finals.
Speaker 6: Real quick run down the sports that you have done play by play for Oh.
Speaker 5: What, it's easier to say what I haven't done. Really it actually islip.
Speaker 7: I've seen arm wrestling.
Speaker 6: I've seen him do basketball, baseball, footboball those are the main volleyball, volleyball, soccer, soccer both men's and women's, and pro penculight.
Speaker 3: Have not done pencil fighting.
Speaker 4: I've had water polos, lacrosse.
Speaker 3: I've done hockey.
Speaker 5: I'm signed up for a Big twelve, or not Big twelve, but a conference championship golf tournament.
Speaker 3: Oh, that'll be the first time I've called can be mister nance. Yeah, hello friends.
Speaker 7: Fencing, I've seen you. Have not done fencing. I've seen it. He seems like a big fencing guy.
Speaker 4: I will I will water polo dude.
Speaker 5: I called the US men's national team against Spain in Serbia, and those are the toughest names I've ever had to pronounce because they didn't have a pronunciation guide and the coaches didn't speak English, so I had to go over to the bench and literally have the like point at the name and have them say it in their native accent, and I had to just try my best.
Speaker 7: I would just go full.
Speaker 9: I would just mispronounce their names, like my mouse versus you know what I mean. I would just say the wrong name.
Speaker 2: It was, it was.
Speaker 4: It was fun, though.
Speaker 2: I would identify them by like personal features.
Speaker 5: Well, they're in the water water polo, their face, their facing, they they've got the camp on five o'clock.
Speaker 2: Shadow with the great boot hands it off to long Beard.
Speaker 4: Was his name of that game.
Speaker 3: Guess who, yes, exactly what it is now.
Speaker 4: But I have fun. I enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Basketball season is a busy.
Speaker 2: One jack of all.
Speaker 7: The next Kevin Harlan over here.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I wish that'd be awesome. Kevin Harlan's got pipes.
Speaker 9: Man, dude, that game that specifically Seattle's mobile Gyaaiah.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 2: It a little bit storry, you're gonna you're gonna tear a coff all right. News and notes after Patrick. Not not much today because obviously the Cowboys are not back in practice until tomorrow on Wednesday, but a couple of interesting tit Bitch number one, I will say, it looks as if and I'm still waiting to see if this is going to be the case. It looks as if Jalen Brooks came out fairly closely he was. He looked okay in the locker room after the game, looked okay walking around the locker room yesterday. So if Jalen Brooks is pretty much good to go or dealing with anything minor, the biggest thing coming out of the game would be Jack Sanmborne's concussion, and of course that's not terf related. So all things being considered, Cowboys came out with a convincing win, a lot of micro wins inside of that, and one of the biggest things is they escaped escaped MetLife Stadium. It looks like without any major lower body injuries, and we know how that turf can be quite unforgiven, so good news there. Keeping to the injury front, listening to Jerry Jones, owner general manager Jerry Jones one five three the Fan this morning, he was asked about potential returns this week of some of those key guys that were out. He did say that kind of echoed what Shotty said yesterday. They're going to go through practice and fill that out before they make any determinations. But Jerry did say that quote unquote fingers crossed for Cavante Turpin and possibly one of the offensive linemen that could come back end quote. I find it interesting that he did not throw eighty eight in that in that prediction, so makes me wonder, which is fair, makes me wonder if they're gonna do what I hope they do, which is give Ceedee Lamb one more week of rest against the Panthers team so that you can have him full goal against the Commander's team the week after. We'll see what offensive lineman Jerry's referring to my gut tells miss probably Tyler gut and if he can clear concussion protocol. But again, we'll see how the week goes.
Speaker 9: Part of me feels that's managing expectations a bit, because mentioning cde Lamb at all, I think would create an expectation for any fan. I'm curious, and maybe you said this at the very beginning and I may have missed it, but Donovan Wilson, was there any update because I know Kyle T's that at the end of the game on Sunday, Donald Wilson had to come out due to something yea, So was.
Speaker 2: No clarification, no update. I did see Donovan yesterday, looks fine. I mean take that for whatever you know.
Speaker 5: It might think it was upper body, wasn't it. It wasn't lower body, So you're not going to see.
Speaker 2: So again, looks fine. He's in his normal donal spirits, which is yeah, bade okay, so kind of very difficult to read in that capacity. But we will see as early as tomorrow when that injury report comes out, because they got to put.
Speaker 7: It on thank you.
Speaker 4: Confidence. I did not say yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 5: Like you said, injury report first comes out Wednesday, and so we'll get a better look at it tomorrow and see what happens. And I think the Turping thing is good news, the fact that you came out of that game relatively clean. Depending on what ends up popping up between now and tomorrow and what we just don't know about yet Turpin last week, things like that will happen. But you feel pretty good about getting some guys back in the fold.
Speaker 2: You do, and you should feel good also just in the fact that you've seen what the Cowboys can do when without these key guys Ceedee lamb Be, Kavante, Turpin and four of your starting offensive lineman and you were still able to go on the road in New York and do some good things. So as long as you can replicate that you should should should be fine in Carolina?
Speaker 4: Should key question?
Speaker 2: Because I still have Chicago on the brain, so you should be fine. So that's good news. I will say something else stuck out and I'll put this to the panel. I know the fans are going to the fanomily talking to Cowboys family frandomly. We want to engage with this in the live chat. So the question was posed to me on x Twitter yesterday and I saw it posed to a couple of other analysts like our good friend John Oni and some of the other guys and voch Lombardi. He got asked the same question and Brian brought it. So I feel like let's put it out there and discuss this. When you see backups play as well as these backups are playing, you know where I'm going. The question becomes should should you ride the hot hand? So to speak? Should it be a situation where you look to replace one of the starters with one of the backup simply because they're playing well. I'll lead with my answer. No. My thing is you should celebrate depth and that you have it without trying to get out over your skis and use that depth excuse to replace guys who has proven and beat those guys out to be starters in the first place. That's my take.
Speaker 4: I think it's situational.
Speaker 5: That's fair because in case, if you're saying, oh wow, George Pickens has been incredible the last two weeks, you're not going to put him as wide receiver one over Seede Land.
Speaker 4: No, that's not happening right now. That's just part of it.
Speaker 5: Even and that might not even be a great example, because George Pickens is capable of being a wide receiver one. But you're you're looking at let's say the linebacker opposition.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, was defensive line one? Okay, of one specifically Broad Coffman versus Cooper BB. Yeah, that's what one of those. That was one that was posed yesterday to which I say, I love Broad Kaufman, we love Broa Kaufman. Yeah, absolutely, Cooper BB beat him up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean you have an argument, Nate Thomas right now, that.
Speaker 4: Will be a big one.
Speaker 2: That was another example.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would be the big, the big conversation because Nate Thomas, I don't I don't think objectively brock Hoffman has played better than Cooper BB at center. I think he's played well, he hasn't played better. You could argue Nate Thomas has played better than Tyler.
Speaker 4: GUYT and that left.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, that's one where.
Speaker 4: You could argue it.
Speaker 5: Where you look at linebacker and Jack Sambourne out of the game early, you can replace Jack Samore because we've already seen the film and what he's put on for you were already having that conversation. So it is situational. But I agree with you, don't get out in front of your skis. I think that's the best way to put that.
Speaker 3: Don't get over zealous and get greedy just because you're.
Speaker 9: Exactly But I think it's dependent on the position and how well the position was playing up until those It is situational, like you said, and in this case currently for me right now, I wouldn't use it for wide receiver one, but I would use it for linebackers absolutely. Yeah, the Chamar James and me are your starting linebackers, and to me, there's no question with with Kenneth Murray, but to me, there's no question about it. I don't think no matter what the health wise going into the next game. I think you've kind of figured it out. I think based on one game and based on the other four that you had previously.
Speaker 7: To me, it's the answers right now.
Speaker 2: I think the caveat to support your point. And what Kyle is saying as far as making this case sensitive to the position is that we know for a fact that Cooper bb beat out Brock Kaufman. We witnessed the battle in training camp. Absolutely okay, But when you look at the linebacker position, we didn't see Jack Samborne beat out who didn't see him beat out Mayslifl for the reps to start this season, So that's the perfect.
Speaker 7: They were given to.
Speaker 2: They were given to him grandfathered in because of who the defensive courtator is, so in that position. To you guys's point, I do agree it is case sensitive. You have to have already beaten out the guy for me to say, okay, he's still your starter, yep. And this guy's just a damn good backup. But when it comes to linebacker, it's like you didn't really earn that spot here.
Speaker 9: So and one more point at least, and I kind of want you to touch on it. To Isaiah, is Ryan Flanoy over Jalen Tolbert like right now, I don't know. I mean, I've granted, I've apologized to Jalen Tolbert and you saw him play really clutching that fourth game. But now you see sort of the emergence of Ryan Flinoy in this last game over one hundred yards receiving to me, the more physical receiver.
Speaker 7: Of the two. We talked about it yesterday. We've championed Ryan Flinoy since camp.
Speaker 3: At this point, that might be a DAK situation. That might be a DAK question of who do you trust more, who do you.
Speaker 5: Trust to throw the football through, which, if we're looking recency biased, it would be Ryan Flinoy and what he did, but Jalen Tolbert did have Severn totality.
Speaker 2: Jalenbert.
Speaker 5: Yeah, That's where I think that question might be asked. It's one of those it's the age old question of should you be able to lose your spot due to injury? And we've seen it in this organization before starting quarterback for this organization certainly benefit from that.
Speaker 4: Back in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 5: Losing your spot due to injury is a touchy subject but I think if you're playing well enough to outperform the previous person, you can't put it in that cat.
Speaker 2: I know, it's yeah, working, I need to hear the words behind those thoughts you face fi.
Speaker 7: Yeah it is Tuesday, but we need some QB.
Speaker 6: No, I'm I'm bored with what you guys are saying. If the first string guy is not performing, then yeah, put in his put in his backup.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean that's just that's compete every day, right, even if it is via injury.
Speaker 4: If it's via I mean, no, you get it.
Speaker 6: The starter gets a chance to come back, but if he's not performing well, he goes away.
Speaker 4: It's just I mean, so you still.
Speaker 3: Say they should bring them back if they were the starter before.
Speaker 4: If they were the starter before, I mean, we didn't have any issues with.
Speaker 6: The starters before in certain positions. Certain position I'm talking about the offensive line. Oh yeah, oh okay, yeah, so yeah, specifically officive line. I've had an issue with the linebacker position. Yes, that's bit I've stated.
Speaker 7: So of course people that's document.
Speaker 6: With safety from some people with safety safeties. Safeties. Yes, Malik Hooker, I don't know what he was looking at.
Speaker 2: Person he was dealing with the toe and we didn't know he was dealing.
Speaker 4: That had nothing to do with his eyes.
Speaker 6: So yeah, so I mean I can see, Yeah, well he wasn't the wrong tip many times wrong hash has nothing to do with a big toe, So.
Speaker 4: I'm not giving him any grace on that in.
Speaker 6: Terms of In terms of Donovan Wilson, however, he was being played out of position. So I don't have any issues with Donno because he's not a free safety. He's a box safety. And we saw what he does when he playing is when he plays in a box. He was running and hitting, So I don't have a problem with Donno. The free safety position I prefer as of right now, based upon what I've seen, that's just that.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: At the receiver position, I think it is circumstantial on the concepts the receivers different because receivers are getting subbed out every play. Yes, so you he might run a better in route or a better post route, so I guess what he's in on that right or he might be faster, so let's put him on a clear out route or over route like that's very like concept based, So receivers a little bit harder to say Hey, who's your number three right now? I think it's really situational from play to play. So I think those guys are kind of interchangeable in that regard. Illinoid obviously provides you more speed, he's quicker, he's gonna get more explosive plays out of him. But but Tobert has he he has a good catch, radious, he's strong at the point of contact. He has his advantages too, And you can't you can't forget the fact that he led your team in touchdowns last year, Like you can't just disregard that because it wasn't flashy, Like he's earned that right.
Speaker 2: You know what was Flashy told me that he that can catch you.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, he's not a flashy dude.
Speaker 6: He doesn't talk loud, he doesn't do anything that's necessarily over the top amazing outside of that catch that we saw a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: But but you.
Speaker 6: Have to give him the respect to say, Okay, yeah, he does make plays when when you need him to make the plays.
Speaker 9: What concerns me about that is that if you're using them situationally, you're using them on specific routes, then defenses are not dumb. They're going to pick up on those things. Noeh Brown for the longest time, whenever he was on this team, it's like, oh, okay, this is a run play.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, but like Tolbert, Topo's really your red zone guy.
Speaker 6: He's not a big play guy. Tolbert scores his touchdowns in the red zone. That's where he scores, that's where he helped you. Yeah, he's not a yet guy.
Speaker 3: He's never had one hundred yards receiving.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so, I mean that's not his thing, right, So if you're looking for him to do that, then that's on you for having unrealistic expectations.
Speaker 4: Illinois, the first.
Speaker 6: Play of the game, you give it to him on the suite, like, that's what you try to do. You try to get him the ball in his hand because he's explosive. So that's what I'm saying, a situational you don't use those guys the same way. They don't they don't share the same what's the word I'm looking.
Speaker 2: For, traits?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're their trades are different as two completely different skill sets, right, And that's the luxury of having different types of receivers. George Pickens doesn't run routes as good as as good as C CD LAMB. But guess what he goes against the ball? His ability to track the ball is absolutely insane. I would say CD. I would say that CD probably has They're probably on par with each other in terms of hands, but in terms of tracking the ball, I would say that that George tracks the ball better than CD. He just tracks the freaking ball. That's that's what allows him to make these catches.
Speaker 4: Right, So, like who's better?
Speaker 6: I don't know, Like like, okay, obviously one's better, but he's better in areas that that guy is not.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So I mean, and just to throw a wrinkle into the mix, I mean, johnath Mingo is going to be a healthy here pretty soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. They still be in his window last Wednesday, so tomorrow seven days will have expired, which means they will only have fourteen more days to make a decision on Jonathan Mingo. It's a great problem to have when you're sitting here trying to figure out how you can get Jonathan Mingo back into the mix. Because there's a bottle, there's a log jamp, there's a bottleneck going on between competition. Right, Turpin is about to come back. CD will be back shortly, of course, and then you look at you know, Tober versus Flinoid versus Mingo versus.
Speaker 4: Who you have six received right?
Speaker 6: Six, one, two, three, four five Now, But when you're full, when you're at full steam, you have six receivers that are available to you, and they will all find a way to play. Yeah, that's the thing about receiver. Like everybody's going to.
Speaker 4: Touch the field.
Speaker 6: It's different, is completely different. O line is not getting subbed out unless you're.
Speaker 7: Okay, hot take, hot take, guys? Is it I don't want to say it's bad, it's good. CD, Lamb is hurt. It's not good.
Speaker 6: You don't want that, yes, okay, But opportunity presents itself.
Speaker 7: Opportunity presents itself.
Speaker 9: Is it not good for the receivers around him that they're able to get those opportunities more than they would had we been forced feeding CD the ball for the list?
Speaker 3: That was my thought.
Speaker 5: Whenever you guys were talking about the good problem that we're having with the wide receiver position, you wouldn't have thought about this three or four weeks ago. No, you wouldn't have had that conversation. You would say, wow, outside of Lamb and pickings.
Speaker 7: What are we gonna do?
Speaker 5: They don't have anybody, and it's like up all of us, okay, with the exception Patrick nosey Walker and standing on the table for Ryan Floyd. Oh, I will I will preface, but I will say there was a significant drop off in everybody's mind except for Patrick nosey Walker, that there was going to be lack of death. But we've also seen it in training camp where we were excited about those guys.
Speaker 4: We were excited about.
Speaker 5: The competition, and now we're seeing the fruit of that competition. Whenever you don't have your wide receiver one in the fold, still want them back, but now you can get a better look at what's around him going into the second half of the schedule, and.
Speaker 9: It's almost to a point where going into the Panthers, you're not absolutely like, oh my god, we need to we need as soon as it's you're almost It's fortunate that you're able to get more looks from these receivers that haven't had the opportunities up until nine.
Speaker 5: Dickens big game against the Packers, Flinoy's big game against the Jets.
Speaker 4: Who's going to step up this week?
Speaker 5: That's the that those are the things that are going to help you out in the long run. All Right, we got to take a break because we got to get to your calls. Oh eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven, give us a call eight a eight eight five five two two nine seven talking.
Speaker 3: Tuesday when we come back.
Speaker 10: God, I mean now, every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 11: We're with you.
Speaker 10: That's our promise to you, because no matter the project or the challenge you're.
Speaker 4: Facing, where with you? Where are you not it?
Speaker 5: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission, head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some black rifle coffee today.
Speaker 4: How's it going? You see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I watched. I've been seeing some good things totally.
Speaker 4: They have some talent.
Speaker 3: You have some great talents, and.
Speaker 4: They got some fight hoping. This is the year me too.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis. Nice to meet you. Travis.
Speaker 4: Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 2: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 3: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 6: Bank of America, the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys, Corpywright, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 7: I'm home.
Speaker 6: Hey, mom, Before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 12: Hey can you?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 8: Hon?
Speaker 4: Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine. Wow. Isn't it nice not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 13: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes more caused by a single Incident Pact ten More Towers.
Speaker 4: Restrictions and exclusion apply.
Speaker 13: Att dot com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back You're on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. This segment is brought to you by invisil Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Isaiah's All Smiles today to w w E Monday Night Rawl last night?
Speaker 4: How was that good time? Man? Got your time, got.
Speaker 3: Your family out there.
Speaker 4: I saw some of the pictures.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my son had some tickets left for him by some dude I don't know, and that's freaking cool.
Speaker 4: It was freaking awesome.
Speaker 7: To meet anybody.
Speaker 4: Did not my son got a couple of can slaps, you know.
Speaker 6: We we were on second row, So that did not suck for my For my kiddos, they had a.
Speaker 4: Heck of a time at the AAC Center. Was rocking. Ww showed out. They had multiple tag team matches. It was good stuff, man.
Speaker 2: That punks promo that was, yeah, yeah, that's on the mic.
Speaker 7: Wrestling.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: L a versus battle that was that was it was really good, bro, And like it was really cool to see, like the improvadentization of everything in real time, that there was things that was happening that you tell was not pre pre OrderIn ordained, and like they were like trying not to laugh.
Speaker 4: It was pretty funny.
Speaker 6: But especially in that tag team match, like right up in front like slapped him in the chest attack and he was like, oh really, Roman, Roman was out.
Speaker 5: There defeated for you know who we're calling in into the ring.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 3: Troy and Philly?
Speaker 4: What's up? Troy? My guys?
Speaker 14: What is going on?
Speaker 2: Mine?
Speaker 11: Hey? Man? Man?
Speaker 14: Coaching, mathers Man, matters, It matters, It matters, It mattered.
Speaker 4: Where have you heard that before.
Speaker 14: I tell you to play? You know, I kind of found it out myself. But but coaching definitely matters, man. I don't know how many teams in this league, you know, the best ones can lose four offensive linemen, one of them being the best one, and they can still look the way they did on Sunday. Man, I don't know. To me, that's all coaching. That's all coaching, you know, putting the guys that your best guys in the right place. Coaching matters, man. The other thing with coaching is you know, I had to hit myself upside the head because I'm thinking, this is a whole new, whole new coaching staff, you know, brand new coaches to some of them, even to the league. You know, it took it's gonna take some time, and it's.
Speaker 15: Probably taken these first few weeks for.
Speaker 14: Them to start getting their players these guys are and how to put them in the right place. I think that that that that you know, it's taking a little time, but I think these guys are starting to get it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 14: I think the coaches and the players are starting to get what the coaches are trying to do.
Speaker 3: UH.
Speaker 14: Coaching Maddens, coaching Maddes. The last thing I'll say, man is Dak is in absolute sage right now. And I think this guy, he reminds me now of how Tony Romo was in the last uh the last two or three years, where he saw everything, he had all the answers to the test. And I think Dak is playing the exact same way. Appreciate along with his coaching, and you know they can if the owner don't don't find a way to mess the coaching him and him and the coach out. I think that this is going to.
Speaker 4: Be special for a few years.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, Thanks Roy, appreciate the call. A couple of big things there, just on the.
Speaker 5: Back side of it there with uh uh with talking about Dak. They said it on the fan this morning when they asked him that Jerry Jones that question, is that a fair comparison between Dak and late career Tony Romo where he was seeing the game at a different level, And Jerry said, yes, that's a fair comparison.
Speaker 3: I think it's a little bit higher.
Speaker 5: And I love Tony Romo when he is playing, but Dak right now is just at another level.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, It's it's hard for me to say that it's much different because I'm afraid of letting recency bias creep in. You mentioned a recency bias, and recency bias will certainly apply here considering we haven't seen Tony Romo take the field in almost a decade, right, So it's easy to that lie, right. It's easy for us to not forget, but for time to kind of fade the picture a little bit, whereas the picture is still very vivid right now with Dak Prescott cooking the way he's cooking. So I'm going to agree with.
Speaker 5: Was Tony ever in like a MVP caliber conversation?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, ok, yeah's right, twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that's where I would see the yees.
Speaker 2: So it's funny Tony Dak And this question is coming from Troy as I say that as cosmic, cosmically funny, But yeah, I agree. I think that when I put myself back in the mind space of twenty fourteen Tony Romo, you could not fool him. From an opposing defensive coordinator standpoint, you could not. He had seen it all, he had been through it all, he had done it all. He had been through poor offensive lines, he had been through a variety of turnover and wide receivers whatnot. And at that certain point he started to get the Bruce Lee roy glow right, he started to become the last Dragon, Okay. And I feel like that's where Dak is right now. So a great point that Jerry made was the Cowboys just need to make sure that the pieces around Dak right now while he has that Bruce Lee roy glow right step up, because this is the window. This is the window, because I don't want to look back in four or five years from now and experience with Dak, what we experienced with Tony and Bean like Ah could have been.
Speaker 9: It was very concerning to start the season off with the defense playing the way that it did. And granted he only had one decent game from the defense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're one for five right now, exactly exactly, but I.
Speaker 7: Fine, that's fine. And loss two for five completely understandable.
Speaker 4: Shut down the receivers.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, But my thing is Dak is playing his best football of his probably his entire career.
Speaker 9: If the defense weren't up to part like we've talked about before, if they're not even the middle of the road, you're doing Dak a disservice in possibly the best looking year so far of his career. One thing I really want to granted that the call was great, Thank you very much, very much for the call. I want to address a comment here, the wrongest comment I've just ever seen, the wrongest, just absolutely wrong. New Age Pharaoh says this Mexican guy wrong, one thousand percent, never played a snap of football in his life.
Speaker 4: Wrong.
Speaker 7: I was a second string guard for the Little Lobos idiot.
Speaker 9: And then he also said he said Nate Thomas should start over Taylor Tyler, guyton, I didn't say that.
Speaker 4: I said it was.
Speaker 5: I said it was a conversation, said it was an argument, but it's that No, would we And then he says, oh, do you start Tyler getting over Nate Thomas?
Speaker 4: Tyler, Yes, over date Thomas, Yes, yes, yes, right, yes right now yeah, And.
Speaker 7: Then he said do you not watch film? Also?
Speaker 3: Wrong?
Speaker 2: Quite watch?
Speaker 4: We all watch film?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 2: That was the wrongest.
Speaker 4: That is pretty funny.
Speaker 3: That was you talk about oh for four I'm glad. I'm glad you caught that.
Speaker 7: Good for you, I had to. Yeah, first part just getting my ethnicity wrong.
Speaker 5: Isaiah Troy saying, coaching matters, coaching matters.
Speaker 3: How have you seen them grow with this team over the last few weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're figuring it out. I mean, to his point, they're clicking. Yeah, I think they're figuring it out.
Speaker 6: I think offensively, you've advanced substantially faster in terms you're coaching, your understanding of your players and their capabilities much faster than the defense has.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're hoping that the defense can can catch up.
Speaker 6: No hindes, So we'll see. Running game still has to be addressed. Obviously, Obviously your victory last week kind of covers up the mess, the blunder that the running defense, rushing defense was last week. You're hoping that your secondary woes have been resolved. Help is on the way, but that doesn't change scheme. So scheme, communication, responsibilities, understanding of where you're supposed to be in space, all that stuff has to take place. But these coaches now have I think the Eberflus and his staff are figuring out, at least the secondary, what these guys can do with the defensive line. I think you're getting Fouler repped up. You're getting Donovan Azerrok, who's getting more reps. He still has a long way to go in terms of just technical side of football.
Speaker 4: He's got to be better with his hands.
Speaker 6: He has to be better with his hands, That's what I'm talking about the technical side. He doesn't have enough in his repertoire yet, but he will get better with reps.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm hopeful that.
Speaker 6: And this is my plea, and I've expressed this to a handful of people in the building.
Speaker 2: You don't know if this gets to the.
Speaker 6: Locker room at all, but my plea is that this organization, this team, this leadership in terms of coaches are humble enough to reach out to the plethora of veteran Cowboys players that are in the area, in the DFW area and bring these guys in to occasionally mentor and work with the guys that you're hoping to develop. That is that's like, that's my plea. I've expressed that.
Speaker 4: Friends.
Speaker 6: I'll throw it out there right now. Okay, left tackle Tyler Guiden, He's I told you he's a spark plug. Right now, you see it and then you don't see it. Call flows out Adams.
Speaker 4: He's foking with Tyrone. That's cool.
Speaker 6: Work with Tyron and call flow that's fair. Why not? Why not both? Right?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 4: Linebackers? Linebackers?
Speaker 6: You have Brady James that lives here, comes around often, very active with the organization.
Speaker 3: Sean defensive end, Shanson CALLI defensive end.
Speaker 2: I say call him right, so I didn't say fly him in, but also flying.
Speaker 7: Me suit, call man under Lenovo, Lep.
Speaker 6: Donovan, Donovan Azeraku, like call do ware do where might cost you?
Speaker 4: Right? So he gonna cost you?
Speaker 6: Call Anthony Spencer like these guys live fifteen to twenty minutes, thirty minutes, Max Away like, get these guys in the building to work with the guys that you need to see development out. That's not to say that the coaches don't know what they're talking about, but sometimes.
Speaker 4: You just need to actually just need somebody else.
Speaker 6: You need another voice, and it never hurts to surround these guys with players that were very successful at those position groups that you're hoping to see them develop.
Speaker 3: That Mike in New York, you're next tier on talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Bike?
Speaker 8: What's going on? Guys? I want I want to give the defense a lot of credit to It's probably one of her better games that I feel like Houston, I feel like he's got to be out there more. I mean, I know he's They brought a lot of pressure on Sunday and that was probably probably one of the best pressures on the quarterback. I know only the Jets, but still I feel like that was one of our better games. I mean, tags did a sack field like five or six times. They hit them a lot, which was good.
Speaker 4: So you know, I appreciate your mind. Thanks for the call.
Speaker 9: I love the energy man, such positivity and such energy.
Speaker 3: You love a family, he said, It's only the Jets.
Speaker 5: But they sacked justin fields. It happened five times.
Speaker 7: Pressure they existed, they existed in a game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did exist.
Speaker 3: But this does not imply the Cowboys will win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 7: Of course not. It's one game at a time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a step in the right direction. We talked about it a little bit yesterday. We mentioned James Houston a little bit. Let's talk about him specifically, because man, that's James Houston.
Speaker 4: Dude's balling that James Houston. That's James Houston.
Speaker 3: What have you seen from him?
Speaker 2: All great things? Has he been perfect? No, We're not going to sit here and for tend he's been perfect. There's been some plays where he's kind of got washed out, particularly in run defense. I would like to see him improve in run defense. But as a pass rusher, he's arguably the best pass rusher you have on.
Speaker 4: The team right now.
Speaker 2: Currently, he's most certainly the most efficient as far as production versus reps awarded, So that definitely is without questioning. But I as much as I want to see James Houston start, We've said that time and time again here on talking Cowboys, and I'm still on that hill with my fellow Talking Cowboys Cohorts. I do at least see what Shoddy is referring to when he says points like he did yesterday. One of the reasons we might be seeing James Houston dominate the way he is is because they keep him rested. Because they only give him twenty to twenty five snaps a game. Begs the question if he were given a full timeload of reps, would he still be as fresh in the third and four quarter to be able to send him in on those third and lungs and those critical third downs. Maybe maybe not so well. Again, I'm still in the hill if I want to see more of James Houston. But I'm also of a hot IQ mind in that just because I want to see this because my points substantiated, doesn't mean I don't see what you're saying. So I see what he's saying.
Speaker 9: I could stand maybe five ten more reps from James Houston. I mean, it's thirty six snaps and you're looking at Donovan as Rock who's getting fifty two last week specifically, and we're talking about how much Donovan as Rosco's struggling with his hand placement and how.
Speaker 5: Many times have we seen him pop off the screen Donovan as Araki and I loved him out of the draft. So I do expect it click at some point. Right, it just hasn't yet.
Speaker 7: But he's getting a bulk of the snaps and give.
Speaker 3: It to the guy who is currently clicking.
Speaker 6: But you're seeing the hot hand developing as a rock who's developing. He just needs more more working. You're seeing it, I'm seeing it. I'm seeing it getting.
Speaker 9: In the film, which probably is why he's because they him to get rest sooner rather than like better.
Speaker 6: But I mean in terms of guys, listen, James Houston, his sacks are coming and his pressures more so than even the sacks by the way, Yeah, it's coming because of effort. These are these are effort places. Like this is not not to take away his skill set, but like he's not the most skill with his hands. He's not, he doesn't have a bag full of moves. He is impactful because of his effort. So I feel as if you can get that same level of effort out of the other defensive ends because you're getting it from your interior alignment, then you're gonna see this entire wave of effectiveness from that position group, so it's it's a decision. I do believe that his forthcoming is applying pressure to the other guys. I think that Donovan Azaraku, his developments as I see it on the film, is applying pressure to the other guys. Which is why I think yesterday or yesterday Sunday was probably Dante Fowler's best game here.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It literally was a it was a switch. It wasn't because he was productions is bad because he's not doing A and B.
Speaker 4: It's effort. It's effort.
Speaker 6: So you allow people to get comfortable, they'll not to say that guy's checkboxes and collect checks, but they'll do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Right, but you start seeing some young bulls start getting after it. I don't want to be on the outside of the bubble. I want to be in the circle of trust there. It is this circle of trust.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: We got to take our second break.
Speaker 5: When we come back, we're gonna get to John and Alaska, We'll get to Bastian and Sapan and Georgia. We're gonna talk to those two and then we'll wrap up a Talking Tuesday with a live vote about scheduling on this talking Cowboys podcast. We'll talk about it when we come back with more right after this spicy I'm home. Hey mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 13: Hey can you heyhn, Yes, I've got the finale ready to play.
Speaker 4: Here's your wine. Wow? Isn't it nice not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 13: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single inc and impact in ten more towers. Strictions in exclusion supplies at dot com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 5: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up.
Speaker 3: A bag of Black Rifle Coffee.
Speaker 5: That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase. Help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some black rifle coffee.
Speaker 12: Today, Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 2: Would you, Dear Doctor? My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 13: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being the soldier to cry out?
Speaker 12: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 5: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 4: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. Patrick Noci Walker's Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah Stanback, I'm Kyle yeomans.
Speaker 3: We've got our new Lenovo laptops in building.
Speaker 7: I love Lenovo. Yeah, I don't know if you guys knew that.
Speaker 2: We know now.
Speaker 7: I'm glad you said it pretty hashtag love Lenovo.
Speaker 5: I love hearing from John and Alaska, who wakes up early in the morning call Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: What's up John?
Speaker 2: John? Is the sun up there?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 2: What are those months that you guys don't have?
Speaker 11: Son, We're getting into them. Our is our I think our our our darkest day, and it's dark still today this morning.
Speaker 2: So I'm always so interested in that. So it is wild.
Speaker 9: I just assume he's in thirty days of night always and there's vampires chasing him at are you?
Speaker 4: Are you.
Speaker 11: On the opposite side In June we have daylight most of the.
Speaker 4: Day, so the sun don't go down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty wild. That would upset me and my power building.
Speaker 9: Then the movie Insomnia, that's what's on your mind?
Speaker 11: John, Well, first of all, it's a good thing. It's early, it's a good I have a certain beverage to keep.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 8: Oh, I don't know, maybe, uh, maybe.
Speaker 11: Something to do with some black raff.
Speaker 7: Love it?
Speaker 11: So I gotta I gotta harken back. I gotta give a positive spin on that tie right quick? Well, we've wish witnessed history. How many times in our lifetime are we going to see a game that scores eighty points and it ends in a tie? Good bet are indifferent? That is something that probably none of us will ever witness again. So that's one thing. Secondly, to go back to the injury versus starter conversation, see Marvin Overshown when he comes back. Who are your three starting linebackers? And more importantly, who do you think birthless his good starting linebackers are because he hasn't seen Overshown practice or play yet.
Speaker 5: I love it, John, great question, Patrick Nocy. Walker has an answer for you.
Speaker 2: I have my Isaiah STANMD back handing the air. Yes, sir my answer is to Marveon over shown, mars Lea follow and Shamar.
Speaker 4: James over Kenneth Murray.
Speaker 2: My answer is to Marveyon over shown, mars Lea, and Shamar James.
Speaker 5: Okay, and that is the correct answer as you were as you were, all right, Josh, what do you think.
Speaker 9: I concur uh yeah, that's the best line in the backer group you have currently.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I'm not taking Kenneth Murray.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not taking them out either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my healthy yeah right, my two linebacker said is Demo and Marit and then that's where that's where I am. That's where I am.
Speaker 7: That I like process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it because the speed he is groaning and rubbing his face, now.
Speaker 4: That's that's speed.
Speaker 2: That's that's speed, that's athleticism.
Speaker 4: So which one is acting as your mic?
Speaker 2: Mac oh man, I'm joking, demoking Mike Marsican green dot.
Speaker 6: But so you want to let me him to the box? I just said, I'm joking, No Demo exactly. You got to pick and choose, sir. I do have to pick a chees you do which one you put in the box? Still going with those two? You're out of your mind, I am.
Speaker 4: You have to have a troop, have a tup, you have to say the phrase I love you.
Speaker 5: Crazy. I would do Kenneth Murray demo. And that's my that's my two linebackers. Sat maris probably yeah, probably just I like what I've seen from Shamar James, but I think the rotation works.
Speaker 4: Better for Marrison.
Speaker 2: And I'm just envisioning just demon mariast And where are you trying? What are you doing? I don't care how fast is. I don't care how fast your running back is. I don't care about your slot guy, I don't care about any of that with those two on the field, like, just good luck for.
Speaker 4: Four three hmm. So that's what I'm running. I'm running a four four three.
Speaker 7: Yeah, explain to the people what that is because.
Speaker 6: For lineman four lineman for down lineman, four linebackers and three DB's.
Speaker 3: And who are your guys, who's in coverage out of the linebackers.
Speaker 6: Well, you're running most likely you're running cover three, your cover. You know you're gonna run cover three most likely. So I'm gonna get up there press on the corners with but dB and Trayvon Diggs. So you single hime running ony to the back Now this is only if they're in twelve personnel or twenty two persons. Right, If they go eleven, you have to change things up. One of your linebackers comes off. But your linebackers are Maris d Moon on the outside, and you've got Kenneth Murray and you have Shamar James and inside.
Speaker 3: So who's gonna be covering tight end?
Speaker 4: Who's going to be covering the zone.
Speaker 9: And let me just say, the chat is disagreeing with you guys in Kenneth Murray.
Speaker 6: They don't want to see Kenneth Murray. Is you gotta watch Kenneth Murray is a sure tackler. Yeah, he's you don't take a sure tackler.
Speaker 4: He's your best middle line.
Speaker 6: You don't ask him to cover, but he tackles everything that comes in. He'll tackle a baby if it walks.
Speaker 5: Don't confuse Jack Sanbourne's poor play for Kenneth Murray's poor play.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: That's not they're not the same broth exactly things they're not.
Speaker 4: Baby would get it. It's a can. Kennoth Murray's a can man. Anybody can get it.
Speaker 6: So Kenneth Murray, Kenneth Murray and Shamar James, on the field together.
Speaker 4: That is a tackling duel like those got.
Speaker 6: Nothing's getting by those two if it comes in their area.
Speaker 5: And there are a lot of times, you know, ask them the cover. There were a couple of times Mary Leafoul was out of position too. Let's not get it.
Speaker 4: He played well, played better.
Speaker 9: His speed, speed, athletic ability is exactly why you need him on the.
Speaker 5: If he goes right place, right time, and he recognizes and attacks better, he could.
Speaker 2: Be a dude.
Speaker 4: What was that we're going to get?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got to get to one more call. It was Sebastian and we got George. Yeah, what's up Sebastian home base this morning?
Speaker 15: Good morning guys.
Speaker 14: A beautiful victory today.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, First off, let me let me come.
Speaker 15: I'm all about accountability and I love it for this team. I want to come out of as Kylebloys Nation. Listen, I'm not as plugged into the streets as I usually am when it comes to NFL football. So I went two and six, two of six with the pick them last week. It was bad, it was down bad. I only got the Jaguars and the Cowboys. But what matters is I got the Cowboys and the Philadelphia Eagles took that l from the Denver Broncos. I'm in agreement with that, with that four four and three front as well as long as he allows them to press. If you don't allow them to press and you allow that free release, they're going to eat us up like they have been this entire time. They got some serious players over there, and our draft darling, because you know, mister yomans be on the draft show killing that our draft Darland Tterroa McMillan is a grown man on that football field that is growing up. And I'm explaining to people why I'm not as plugging in the football in the past couple of regimes and coaches, this team has not been this interesting. So I've been able to sit and watch other people to play football. This year, I'm locked into the Cowboys and the Cowboys opponent, and the upcoming game is a big time game that we roll in there and going there this sleep, which I don't believe we will do. We can lose this game because they got some offensive weapons and that defensive front right up the middle is south. So a question for you guys when it comes to office Cordat after watching the last seven games of watching a lot of football this Sunday too. So you prefer an offensive minded head coach with a good defensive coordinator or do you like the defensive mind head coach? In my opinion, I prefer an offensive minded head coach because I feel like you can find a defensive coordinator a little easier that you can find a great office in mind. And I'll hang up a list.
Speaker 11: You guys have a great day.
Speaker 7: Appreciate buddy, thank question.
Speaker 5: I prefer an offensive minded head coach with a defensive coordinator who is a head coach of the defense. And I will say that until this modern day NFL has a seismic shift in the way that you win football.
Speaker 2: Game one agree with you on that stance, and for the reason that you said it, I want an offensive minded head coach and then you find a good defensive coordinator. This is a league that is predicated right now will pun being able to put up points. So I need a head coach that leans that way.
Speaker 9: And if you look at the history of the Dallas Cowboys, I think you're always going to want and prefer an offensive minded coach over over anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't care as long as I want the head coach to be a culture creator.
Speaker 4: M hmm, that's what I want.
Speaker 6: I want them to be good at their job, offense or defense, and be able to establish a culture and an.
Speaker 4: Identity for your organization.
Speaker 6: Get whoever you need to for offense or a defensive play caller that they have to be good. But ultimately, the head coach is the leader of men and the creative of cultures.
Speaker 5: And if you think that culture doesn't matter, listen to the guy who's won a Super Bowl before.
Speaker 4: That's just my thought.
Speaker 2: On last thing before we go. That segment two fired off the engagement real crazy that I'm just gonna go ahead and say this, unless his name is Roger Stallback. As much as I love Tony, I love Tony as much as I love Dek and I love Deck unless the name is Roger Stallback, stop comparing them to Troy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, don't do that. That's also Uh.
Speaker 5: Sergeant ste or Sergeant Sooner had our comment of the day.
Speaker 4: He said, are you a vampire?
Speaker 2: John?
Speaker 4: Shout out?
Speaker 5: No seas asking the difficult I need to know.
Speaker 3: There you go, that's gonna do it for us. You're on talking cowboys for Patrick.
Speaker 5: No C. Walker Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah's stand back, Chris Pane in the back.
Speaker 4: I'm Kyle Yellmans.
Speaker 3: We'll see tomorrow we're talking Cowboys. We'll continue our vote. We didn't get to it.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about it tomorrow. See then.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.