Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant. What's that? What's up? I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us. What's again again? Can I do this whole episode in an accent? Yes? As if I'm from London? Please try, please try, Okay, I will do it.
Speaker 1: I don't want to offend anyone from the UK. Okay, well, so maybe I should stop. Then let's just not say where the accent is from. Oh, okay, I mean an accent.
Speaker 2: I would be so I think I would have just accomplished so much more in life if I was born with an accent. You think so? If you think I would, I Do'm not be running a country or something.
Speaker 1: I think people would like give you everything that you want?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, Or i'd be running something. I would be the president of something if I had an accent. Okay, I will try it. You're gonna try it? Or no? No? Okay, okay, anyway, do you have a shady moment? Do you have a shady moment? Yeah? I do? Okay, so you know it's basketball life for me right now. Yeah, but you've been traveling? Like what's that about?
Speaker 1: Yes, so we had this past weekend, we had a basketball tournament for Carter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's AAU two. Is this a what is this? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean that's like a broad term, but yeah, he's playing travel basketball. I just call it travel basketball as AAU AU is it doesn't really like it. The AAU organization does not run these tournaments. So like you know what I mean, like anyone can host a tournament. Yeah, it's not technically an AAU tournament, do you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean? That makes sense? This is another division or something. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We we just we just use AAU as a broad term to refer to like youth basketball. Yes, so I just try to like say, call it either travel basketball.
Speaker 2: Just youth basketball. So we'll call it travel yeah, because AAU is like it's really only.
Speaker 1: AAU if you're playing in an AAU sponsored tournament.
Speaker 2: Got heading on AAU just for no. No, I'm not, no, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm just clarifying. Okay, Yes, I think people just call everything AAU.
Speaker 2: And it's not.
Speaker 1: Oh it's not okay, okay, So travel basketball. Yeah, so we're going to this tournament. It's in York, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So York, Pennsylvania is like an hour and ten minutes from my house, so there's no need for us to stay overnight.
Speaker 2: It's that close York. Is that where Hershey Park is? Yeah? Oh okay, yes, been there is? Yeah? Did you stop and get some chocolate? No? Oh okay, I would have done that for sure. Stop the basketball game. I must pick up hurshy, yes, which you can get it from the grocery store. Not saying it's fresher at the plant. That's true, Yeah, go ahead, that's true. Okay.
Speaker 1: So so the games are on Saturday.
Speaker 2: There's like multiple shady things about this tournament. The games.
Speaker 1: Carter's games were scheduled for a Saturday at one game at seven forty pm at night, okay, and then on Sunday morning at eight am okay, and then Sunday afternoon at two thirty okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is like a weekend. That's yeah, every weekend is the weekend. Okay.
Speaker 1: So because it's an hour and ten minutes away, we're not getting a hotel room, right, so we're just driving up, playing the game and coming home and driving back. Okay, okay, especially, and there's no hotels in New York, right, none that.
Speaker 2: I want to stay in.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're definitely hotels, but there just one. There's one, isn't it's it's near the hershey people. Okay, yeah, okay, I stayed there. Yeah, we try not to if we don't have to stay in a hotel. We don't want to, Like I want to limit as mini.
Speaker 2: Hotels days as possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So we're driving up there, driving back, so imagine just first of all, the schedule itself is problematic. Seven forty at night, play a game, drive back home. Yeah, eight o'clock game in the morning. You still you gotta get there early, so that means we got to leave our house at like six thirty in the morning. First of all, you're not getting home Friday night or Saturday night until like what midnight? Like oh yeah, yeah, like eleven ish ram okay exactly, So getting home late next morning, leaving leaving by six thirty, okay, So that's problematic. Then the other part is you give us an eight eight am, eight am game and then we don't play again until six hours later at two thirty pm.
Speaker 2: So you're just hanging out all day. So yes, just hanging out in York, in York, Pennsylvania. So that so that already was problemat shout out to York. But here's where like the real killer part was.
Speaker 1: Okay, we drive up Saturday, so thunderstorm, it's raining, cats and dog. You can't even see out the window when you're driving. We get there and the other team did not show up.
Speaker 2: What do you understand?
Speaker 1: And the admission is forty eight dollars like for the weekend for the parents?
Speaker 2: Yes, what do you mean parents have to pay? What? Yes? Why?
Speaker 1: This is a racket travel basketball, youth basketball, au basketball, whatever.
Speaker 2: You want to call it is a money grab. Okay, wait why do you have to pay to watch your child? Parents shouldn't have to pay if rando's were coming from the street. Okay, maybe five dollars entry, fifteen dollars max.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we pay what we pay every tournament.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm mad about this. It's either it.
Speaker 1: Could be ten dollars mission, twenty dollars mission, forty dollars mission, fifty dollars million.
Speaker 2: Tell me what this money is going to for you to sit in the gym.
Speaker 1: The people who are this is a business the people who are running these tournaments are making money. It's this is a this is their full on bats.
Speaker 2: But I thought the I thought the purpose of these tournaments is that, right, turn tournaments.
Speaker 1: Okay, my grandma, my grandmother, my mother calls them tournaments.
Speaker 2: I think that's what my mother says too. That's why I'm correcting myself in the tournament. My mother. By the way, my mother just called y'all and she wants some embellished hats from Robin. Yes, that she asked for three years ago. That Robin still has not sense they're in the mail. And it might be because I didn't give Robin the address, but that's not the point. Okay. My mother is like, where my hat? Dad, Robbin. Wait a minute, No, actually my mother thanked Robin for the hats, and I'm like, Robin using her hats. Robin, He's like, no, my mother being shady. Okay, right, so thank you for the hats. They fit so beautifully. I was like, okay, So the I thought the purpose of these tournaments was for like recruits, scouts to look at these kids so that one day they can, you know, go to a great college or the pros. Okay, so not to rape the parents.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, no, that's that is the state of youth sports today. Wow, there are tournaments every weekend all over the country. There are no college scouts there. It is simply who's there, their parents, the parents. Yeah, it's simply for teams to play other teams from like other areas, because it's like, okay, when you stay local, you play your local teams and you end up kind of like playing the same teams all the time. Yea, And so you know, the thing for these tribal tournaments is so that you go and you travel and you play these other teams from other places, and you know, it helps, you know, with your development, it helps get you better and you learn to play the game and blah blah blah blah and all of this stuff. And I literally this weekend was like, this is such a racket because youth sports has been so watered down because look what you're saying, like how you understand it is.
Speaker 2: How it used to be. Oh okay, like.
Speaker 1: How when when WAM is in high school, it's like if you were playing on a you know, a travel team and you were traveling different places to play basketball, you were number one one of the best players in your city totally.
Speaker 2: You know, you're being scouted.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you're there because there's college coaches scouting you, or you're or they're like tune up tournaments to get ready for the college coaches. But now it's like every kid, any kid that plays basketball, is on a travel team and so it's becomes so water so you're not even like honing your skills because you're playing people that aren't even really that good that or you have kids that sit on the bench like they might be on a team that's good and this kid is not the greatest, and you're just sitting on the bench and then you get for like three minutes a half and like you know, I mean, it's just it's it's a racket.
Speaker 2: It's really bad. So I was, so it's just a lot. So it's like we go up there.
Speaker 1: You spend fifty dollars for admission for a person that's a hundred one and Corey, we brought all one.
Speaker 2: Hundred and fifty dollars. Right, this is getting expensive. Yeah, oh yeah, it's crazy in the gas.
Speaker 1: Gas imagine the people who do stay in hotels every time crazy And then like for me, for like Corey stuff wrecking.
Speaker 2: On planes, yes, but I would think it is better. Yeah.
Speaker 1: His is like legit, it's the Nike eybl circuits. Like next weekend, it'll be every college coach in America.
Speaker 2: Will be there. Okay, this is really good. Yeah, okay, thank god.
Speaker 1: But we've what we have been doing, you know, since Corey was in third grade. Shit, I remember traveling to Miami when Corey was in first grade for a bas I think I remember that tournament and I was like, this is stupid, this is but you did it.
Speaker 2: You was all up in there. I did it. But then at the Fountain Blue, I was like, I'm gonna get my tent and I'm gonna watch my key. But it's it's a hustle.
Speaker 1: Those these businesses that's crazy, are making so much money because people are paying this.
Speaker 2: People pay to get in. So wait a minute, but outside of the parents, right, who's in the who's in the gym? Nobody exactly, So you're not making that much money.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, like think about okay, this organization, they are running a circuit, right, So the circuit means like they you play three different sessions in three different cities, and based on your record, you make it the championship weekend. So you have so they have four weekends where they're collecting money at the door. They have five hundred something teams that are paying five hundred dollars each to get in to register. Then sometimes they get the parking lot. Sometimes they get concession. They show I'm about to get a free soda, they sell merchis right, you can go to hell with the mergency.
Speaker 2: Oh and think about it.
Speaker 1: So every kid on the team usually brings a parent or two, or a sibling or a grandparents. Siblings like day at home grandparents. No, yeah, so my parents go to every single game.
Speaker 2: Tell your mother she to go to bingo. She cannot come to the games. It's too expensive. Yeah, this is ridiculous. Yeah okay, yeah no, that's why I had girls.
Speaker 1: So if you have ten kids on one team and they each bring you know, at least two people with them, right, yeah, two parents or a parents, sibling and grandparents.
Speaker 2: That's twenty people each team that you're collected from the door you have. We're doing the matter. How many teams come through the door. Yeah, I might, I might need to change my job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need to start a basketball league.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, it's crazy. How can I get down? It's crazy. It's crazy, And if I probably want to start a league, it's probably like somebody's trying to stop me from doing it because there's like, no I have this area, and I have this area. Well, I mean, it takes a lot of like kind of like the drug game. You cannot come in my territory, could be.
Speaker 1: It takes a lot of like marketing and promo in these these companies, they have their Instagram and so they have footage of the kids and oh, look at this kid, make this play, and then people get off.
Speaker 2: It's it's get all hyped up for it. It's a freaking mess.
Speaker 1: And it's a mess because at this age before before high school, none of this matters, none of it, and people get really good. But you're doing it with Carter, I know, because it's like you're perpetuating the system. I know, because it's it's like you're damned if you do You're damned if you don't.
Speaker 2: I'd be damned if I don't. I'm not I'm not doing it. Okay, it's not happening. This is some foolishness. This is this is how I feel about people paying people who send their kids to like these really really really expensive private schools for kindergarten, right, sixty thousand dollars for kindergarten. What the hell are you doing? What are they learning? Right? Right? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not more they're they're learning how to speak Chinese.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, they're not smarter than my kids. I promise you, Yeah, I promise you. Yeah. No, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so for us to do all that and show up and the team wasn't even there, that was like it was we were very pissed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That well, and they couldn't give you, like a text message, they say, turn.
Speaker 1: No, they didn't tell anyone. The team did not notify the tournament director. They weren't showing up.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is just rude. Yeah, okay, I have a shady moment. So Grace, my oldest child, she is now twenty years old. Twenty year olds are interesting because, like you know, it's it's really like their life could go in either direction, for great or for bad, right, for greater or for worse whatever. Anyway, So she's she was on her way, she's done with the semester on her In the following day, she was coming home and so she says to me, she's still at school. She was like, man, I have to talk to you. I said, okay, let's talk. She's talking. She's pregnant, That's what I said. So wait a minute. So she says, Mine, I have to talk to you. I said, okay, start talking. She said no, no, I think I think it should be like in person. Oh oh shit. So I said, oh god, she's dropping out of school. She's pregnant, which one is Robin's exactly what I said.
Speaker 1: So I'm I'm racking my brain and I'm and I'm calling her occasionally for like a check in, right, And she's acting cool okay, So I said, okay, So I picked her up from the airport and I'm trying to be cool and I don't say anything.
Speaker 2: I don't want to like slammer with Let's talk about Okay, what is it? So I wait, because Grace is not a morning person and she got in early in the morning. Okay, okay. So I even had a whole day go by. Okay. So next day I said, hey, I thought you wanted to talk to me. So she was like, I do. I said, now is the time, right? So she said, okay, Mom, so I'm I'm ready for I'm dropping out of school, I'm pregnant, I have an only fan. Oh, I have an only fan. I'm now a drug addict. I'm thinking of all kinds of horrible things. So she says, well, so you know my friend group, and I said, yeah, like her girlfriend group. She was like, Brandy is twenty one and she's having a party this summer in Miami. So I was like, great for Brandy. Right, So she was like, well, Brandy and her family are going to get the hotel so oh God. So like, well, mom, how am I going to get there? Oh? So they're like what damn it? A Mada asked. I was like, so all of this build up was for me to buy you, buy you a flight, a plane ticket. She could have texted you, now, I said, aren't you thank you? She could have she texted me that any other time this build up, I said, Grace, I thought you was pregnant or jopping high school, or you know, decided to you know, be a heroin addict or something. So she was like, what why would you think that? Because you built this shit up and all you care about is my money? Right, just asked me for the money. So I told her, don't ever do that again. No, if you need money or need me to buy something, just say it. Yes. The end, Oh my gosh, that was ship. That would have me on pins and needles. Yes, I'm like, in my mama, I gotta call my mama and tell my mama that Grace is a drug addict. I was like, I don't want to have that conversation. The hell is this.
Speaker 1: Kid?
Speaker 2: This child is a mess. Why did why did she need the build up for that? I don't know, I don't get it. So I said, Grace, I'll buy you a stupid ass ticket, okay, Because at this point, I'm like, this is way better than I thought. Maybe that's why she did it. That's why she did the building up. Like let me, let me, let me get my mom. I was like, do you want to first class? You could sit first class? Because this is this is ridiculous. That's why she did it. She's like, I'm a maker. Think it's really bad, and really I just want to go to Miami. I just want to go to Miami for the weekend. I said, But I did. I always tell her, you know these kids because the door was talking about oh a door went to Virginia Beach for like beach week or something. It was really just a weekend, and she was like, well, so and so's family is gonna get the room, the room where I need to know what rat trap you're staying, because I don't want that. I want you to stay.
Speaker 1: Somewhere decent, because these hotels will give you bed bugs for life in your hair. But I feel like your butt, that's I know, we don't want vagina. Oh my god, Okay, I'm gonna stop, please no, But I feel like I get you on that, like you want them to have a nice experience, but I almost feel like that's a rite of passage to like bed bugs, not bed bugs like you know, little rinky dink hotel. Like I mean, I just remember being in college going to Miami and staying in the room. It was I don't know, we stayed in the hotel. It was like way down Ocean Drive and it was like eight of us in a room and one of us in the sleeping in the closet, and like you know.
Speaker 2: Or even I did that too, yeah yeah, yeah, and it was I paid for the freaking room. I was so bizzed, right right, you you broke bitches, and I got to sleep literally not in the closet at the door, right, that was my bed, right. Yeah. Yes, I was like, if y'all don't anyway, I don't want to digress, yes, or.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean I've slept in all the nasty yes, I mean never again, but again.
Speaker 2: I got ring worms in a hotel in Hampton.
Speaker 1: Oh, I believe it. Yeah, totally, I believe it. I've gotten warped on my feet. I'm from being in Ocean City at wart on the on the bottom.
Speaker 2: Of my foot. I just don't want my kids to have to go through that. Then I got to take them to the doctor because they got ring worms. Right. Okay, So I saw this on Instagram. This is age requirement and this is actually not for use just for me, okay, okay, because everybody knows I've lived the cougar life. Okay, Okay, So this is age requirement. So if you're broke up, would be a cougar? Oh?
Speaker 1: Is this the category? I think I fall into the category of a cougar?
Speaker 2: Okay? So age requirement for being an auntie a cougar with viral Okay, so if you're an auntie ooh, shoot, if you're an auntie, you're twenty eight to thirty four. I disagree with that.
Speaker 1: I disagree with that big time. That's like hot girl. Yeah, girl, you're still a hot girl.
Speaker 2: No, because that's like, how old is Ashley? Thirty something? Six?
Speaker 1: Mane oh she might be a little bit older, but like, yeah, think about Ashley like her first few seasons on Potomac, Like, no one is calling her auntie?
Speaker 2: No, no, he was just what do you call it? Thought? Thought? Yeah, yeah, that's thought thought. So yes, So twenty to thirty four, sh'd be thirty sure?
Speaker 1: I mean or Hatti Hatti okay, Hatti, yes, okay, let's call him hoty.
Speaker 2: Let's give them the okay, the whole.
Speaker 1: Art okay, but who is actually I take pride in any hold them that I've done.
Speaker 2: I take pride in my whole them.
Speaker 1: But okay, you could take pride in it. But let's not like glorify it.
Speaker 2: Why not? I mean, I mean, if you hold responsibly, what's wrong with that? Do you want that for your daughters? No? All right, I'm talking about myself. Okay, then no, my daughters are not they're not horse Yeah, it's not. It's just me yeah, okay, wait, yeah, all right, so we'll give that hottie. So thirty five to forty one cougar. I don't agree with that each No, I don't agree with that. Cool okay, So thirty eight to forty one should be that can be Auntie, that's Auntie. Yeah, that can be Auntie. That's Auntie. Soone with Hattie Auntie, all right, and then forty two to forty five it says cougar Auntie. No, that's I feel like these age gaps need, these age ranges need to need to need to be longer. Yeah right, because I feel like Auntie should go to like forty five. Yes, Auntie should definitely go to forty five. Yeah, okay, so definitely kicking cougar out right now. I think cougar is forty five, forty six and up. Yeah, you're a cougar. This is you're a Thundercat. I'm in a Thundercap. I like Thundercat better than Cougar, I know.
Speaker 1: I like the way that's so, yes, Thundercat coming through. Yeah yeah, everybody grge you're loin. So So when would ThunderCats start? So if Couger starts it, no, Cougar starts at forty fifty fifty Thundercat. Okay, I'm in my Thundercat season, and yeah, we need to revise that.
Speaker 2: I like, Yes, well we just did. I like that. We just revised it. Okay, what you got?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I have a couple of questions for you. What do you think about people wearing sunglasses, like out in public during the day.
Speaker 2: That's when you're supposed to wear them.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm sorry, not outside, not outside, inside in the okay, in the evening, all right, specifically right, So, I was watching the basketball game. It was a Knicks game, and Sierra and Russell Wilson are at the next game. Okay, both have sung glasses on at the basketball game. Yeah, like, okay, what do we think about that?
Speaker 2: Okay? So, okay, let me break this down because this is this is Gazelle. Yeah, so I would wear sunglasses inside if I haven't gotten like my makeup done, and I look crazy, right, and I'm not trying to just deal. Okay, But Sierra, you've got your makeup done, you're at the you're at the game, you sit in court size, right, So take the glasses.
Speaker 1: And Russell, you're not wearing makeup. You don't, you don't, we don't need, you don't need.
Speaker 2: It's gonna do whatever Sierra says for him to do, so, like because he's that dude. Yeah, so that's gonna speaking to Sierra, right, stop it. Okay, Yeah, you're at the game. Yeah, I think it's so.
Speaker 1: I think it's like so corny when people are in those scenarios. Yeah, they're wearing sunglasses at a basketball game. Like, but then I had a flip side thoughts, okay, okay, and I said, maybe they're wearing the sunglasses so that they don't have to make eye contact with people. So they don't so people don't see them looking at them. Yeah, right, and so that the people if they were to make contact eye contact with someone, the people don't know, and so they don't feel like, oh, let me go say hi, let me go talk to them, because I just can't.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Russell Wilson, why are you wearing sunglasses? Like?
Speaker 1: I get the you know, women sometimes we do it because it's, oh, it's coolest part of the outfit, But why is somebody like Rocky Wilson wearing sunglasses?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So that was the only rationale I could come up with even though I think it's corny, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I think I disagree for the basketball game because everybody's in their seat. So let's say you made eye contact with somebody three rows back or cross on the other side. You're the game is playing, You're in your seat. They're not coming up to you. Yeah, I don't. I was. I was trying to help them out. I don't know. I was trying to just figure out, like, why are we doing this?
Speaker 1: Why? Yeah, I'm not here for it, Okay, yes, but I'm here for and Jay and Beyonce don't do that.
Speaker 2: They don't have sunglasses on. No. Yeah, so, and they're the epitome of cool. Right, we've decided. How do we feel about Michelle Obama's podcast? I know I regress, I digress. I mean I've only seen clips of it. I love that she has one. Yeah, you know, I think I do. When I don't, I'm gonna tell you why I don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, okay, I mean I think it's good to hear her voice and good to hear her just thoughts on things and experiences.
Speaker 2: Totally. I kind of don't think she can speak super freely though that part Okay, So I love the fact that she has it. Obviously she has a voice. Yeah, she wants to exercise that she has not asked reasonably shady on the podcast, and that's a problem. Okay, But outside of that, I do there is something to be said for not being super exposed. So I would like, because you know, she's Michelle Obama, like we hold her in such high regard that I want her to talk less. Yeah, yeah, but you know what I mean, like, but it have it be more impactful, not that what she's saying isn't impactful.
Speaker 1: Like she's she's coming down to our lovel yeah.
Speaker 2: Literally, Yeah, I have a podcast, she has podcasts. We're the same. I am Michelle Obama. I don't want to feel that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we want her to be like on the pedestal totally super like way high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and probably she showed us our her downloads. She is probably way high than us. Not the point, I just you know.
Speaker 1: She's Michelle Obama, like she's Yeah, I get that, but I think that she's you know, everything that she's saying on it and all that is great. Yeah, I mean I think they have like, you know, good conversations, good discussions, yeah, but it is definitely like, okay, you're you're becoming a little too touchable.
Speaker 2: There we go. Yeah that's the word. Or accessible, yeah, yes, not too yeah, and we we want to we want to act like we can never find you right or here you or anything, because like when Barack comes out, it's abrocto something. It's like we stop, like Barack is speaking speaking of Barack. Have you heard what they're doing to supposedly the White House? No, okay, so the White House has been calling China, okay, to beg and plead for this whole tear of fiasco to end. And so they're putting mister Trump on hold and playing Barack's speeches the people in China. Yes, this is not a legibly this has been documented. Yes, yes, because somebody had to speak on it. Somebody had to give there was some sort of like not an investigation, but somebody had to go talk and speak on what's going on. And yeah, they're playing Barack speeches. No way, that is take.
Speaker 1: I mean the the pettiness China petty game is China is.
Speaker 2: Winning, Like I'm living for the petty game. Yeah, like this is actually everything that is so means everything to me, that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: So speaking of Barack and Michelle and how we how high a pedestal we put them on?
Speaker 2: Did you see it? Was?
Speaker 1: They were at a restaurant in DC Osteria, I think yeah, and they must have been in a private room. Yes, and then they're exiting the restaurant and they had to go through the front the whole restaurant. Yes, they're like applauding like as they're walking out. Yes, and it's like, yeah, imagine imagine Trump leaving the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boom, Well it's we would like I would like cock my head to the side, like really, yeah, so that is I've seen that happen. So I was at Joe Seafood. This is years ago when Barack and Michelle were in office. Michelle was there and it was like you knew somebody was that a secret service was there and then she came out and everybody went crazy nuts. Yeah, so like, yeah, yes, we were maybe they are forever president and first they are, yes we do.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So I know you probably really don't have a thought about this, but this was a debate that was like rampant in your household, in my household, really and on like TikTok social media amongst.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say just men, but most most males. Have you heard this? Who would win in.
Speaker 1: A fight between one hundred men and aga silverback gorilla?
Speaker 2: Who are you taking? So I did see this, and I didn't really understand how or how this question got proposed right or why right, But.
Speaker 1: It's like the burning question that everyone needs to know. This goes back back to the Dixon of it all. Yeah, yeah, because I'm sure Wan was like, oh I.
Speaker 2: Got the gorilla. No oh he didn't. No, okay, so he was like, hell no, yeah.
Speaker 1: He's like, y'all are crazy if you think you're gonna beat a gorilla. Oh okay, So a gorilla can knock down a hundred men. So I think the hundred men can win. Me and Carter at.
Speaker 2: The same time, simultaneous. Okay, me and Carter think the one hundred men can win. I think so too. We think, you know, a whole bunch.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to be sacrificed, right, yes, y'all go first, yeah, yeah, but you're going to have to take some men to distract the gorilla while the other men, you know, approach it from behind and kick it and hit it and strangle it and choke it and poke its eyes out and throw a rock on them. Yeah, all of that, and we think that one hundred men can beat the gorilla. But one is like, y'all are crazy. One and Corey think the gorilla will win.
Speaker 2: You And Carter say, I think so, is there any have we looked at? Anybody doesn't ever have?
Speaker 1: I don't know, As I asked chat GPT.
Speaker 2: I would win.
Speaker 1: And I mean, they just give you like scenarios for like, they don't even tell you who would win. They just tell you, like why the men would win and why the gorilla would win. They say, they say the men would tire out the gorilla as well. Yes, but you know some of them would die first. But but if you kind of have a coordinated attack, you would tire out the gorilla and eventually beat the gorilla.
Speaker 2: I think I would love to know the strength of a gorilla. It is the strength of a gorilla equal to fifty men, one hundred men, right, Yeah, I don't know. That's what I'm like first, and then I'm like, who the hell came up with this most random question? I don't know. But at GBT GPT. Yes, who came up with this question? Yes, okay, I have a question for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so your crush you have a crush on Dampson Idris, right, yeah, Mike, okay, all right, actually no, but okay, go ahead, No, okay, no Dampson. Okay, So say you're in a relationship with Dampson or dating Dampson.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, yes, that's beautiful. I'm loving this.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you have to pick one. Okay, what would you rather do? Would you rather use his toothbrush or use his washcloth?
Speaker 2: Has he washed his balls? Yep? Okay the washcloth? You use his washcloth? Yeah, okay, because I can like soap it up and like in my mind it's clean. Right. The toothbrush situation is a no. But if you're like swaping spit, what's the problem. Because there's bacteria in the in the teeth and so let's say we've obviously kissed, I still haven't stuck my tongue in between your teeth. That's difference. Okay, yeah, okay, all right. So my kids, the twins kind of share too brushes sometimes when we're on vacation. They it's not that they do it on purpose, right, but like one will just pick up the other one and then they're like, oh, okay, who cares. I'm like, no, that's disgusting. Yeah, do not do that. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So I just the other day I swear my brain like honk out on me. So, so I have an electric toothbrush, but sometimes I'll just use like a regular toothbrush. So Wan and I have a regular toothbrushes in a in a little cup holder tooth brush holder, and one of them is green and one of them is orange. And I literally blacked out and I was like, I don't know which one.
Speaker 2: Is mine, which which one is yours. I think it's the green one. You just so then I went to want.
Speaker 1: I was like, one, I'm my brain just conked out of me, Like, which toothbrushes is yours?
Speaker 2: What do you say? He's like he had to think for a minute, and he was like, I think it's the orange. Probably should have so, he thought, but I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I was like, for some reason, I'm literally blanking on which toothbrush is mine? So okay, go ahead, and so I just he said he thinks his was the orange.
Speaker 2: Did you throw them away? No? I just went with the This is why I won't share bathrooms with men with dampson and amps. I'm not sharing a bathroom. Okay. So have you seen the new toothbrushes where you put the whole thing in your mouth. No, it's like a it's like a rubbers like a retainer, but it's connected to like a charger, so you turn it on. It has like a blue light and everything. It's called sonic something. You put like toothpaste around it and then you put it in your mouth and it's just like it brushes. Yeah, that's the whole thing. The whole thing is like a brush and like a retainer type of apparatus and it and then you can set it like high setting, low setting, whatever. I freaking love it. You have it, I do. I have two of them, really. Yeah. I just bought it randomly. I saw it on like the View or something. I don't know. Anyway, I was like, I bought it, and I was like, this is gonna be dumb. I love it. I mean I also use a regular like so I do that at night and in the morning I use a regular electric toothbrush. Do you get behind your teeth? It's the whole thing. Surrounds up top and bottom, and then they say kind of move it a little bit to make sure you get the back, which I do.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's great interesting. Yeah, I'll have to check that out. Yeah, Sonic, I think is is the brand.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll check it out because I need I need another device in my house. Yeah, I'll check that out. Do you use your juicer I have? I haven't used it in a while, that five thousand dollars juicer that you have, six hundred and ninety nine. By the way, I do want the coffee maker that's supposed to be like high tech or whatever. Not that I drink coffee, right, you don't drink coffee. But I wanted to make like hot chocolate. Oh, like the one that like you. I don't know. I don't what is it called. Maybe it's the currac oh yeah, yeah, carecaker whatever. I don't know. Anyway, its supposed to be very expensive. Really, I just wanted for hot chocolate. Is that a waste? Probably? Okay? Yeah, probably I don't have it, Okay, I don't can't afford it. I don't know. So the juicer.
Speaker 1: I took a pause on it because and I need to get back because Corey, although he's not Catholic, he gave up like drinks for lint, like you could only drink water during Lent, and so I.
Speaker 2: Didn't want to torture him.
Speaker 1: By like juicing and making nice juices and like, so then I just Easter is over. I know it's been over, and then so I haven't haven't. It was like so like lit, it was lit was like forever.
Speaker 2: It was just forty days.
Speaker 1: Well it was long the same every year, forty days and forty nights. Okay, okay, Well he goes to a.
Speaker 2: Catholic school now yeah, okay, yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, so one of his like friends there like had him give something up for limp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my girls gave up juice or whatever. But then we went that was when we went to Cape Town. They were like, yeah, that's over, it's over. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: He was like he was disciplined. And I actually saw his face clear up, like you know, I has a little bit of like pimples and stuff, and so I saw his face cleared up. Yeah, but he was like it was it was a struggle. It was a struggle, Okay. So yeah, I didn't want to make it worse for him. So I just took a break from juicing and I just haven't.
Speaker 2: Picked it back up.
Speaker 1: But I will now that you reminded me. Okay, now that you reminded me, Okay, another question and then we can get into some letters. Yeah, at your current age, yes, would you rather date a man who has never been married or a divorced man?
Speaker 2: I said this all the time. I would not be in a serious relationship with a man that has not been married, Okay, and that doesn't have children. First of all, I don't want to be your first wife. No, because y'all that's too much work. Yeah, Robin, yes, you're gonna test to that. I can attest to that second wife got it easy because they've broken in, right. And men, I think in the long run, they want to be married. They want to be taken care of, they want to have stability, they want to have a foundation. Okay. Number two, if you don't have kids, you don't understand family. To me, a man because is designed to have a family, right, So yeah, you gotta have you gotta be married once maybe twice and have a rack of kids. Yeah. Yeah, okay, So Kanye and me, oh yeah, excellent. Oh yeah, a match made of Heaven a match made. It hasn't because I had I met a guy recently actually that has never been married, never been married, doesn't have any kids. He's forty four.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what do we automatically think? Yeah, like okay, oh.
Speaker 2: So I said I say this to Cal all the time. I'm like, caw that that's that's as gay to me really, And Cal's like, Giselle, you sound stupid. Yeah, that doesn't say gay to me in this day and age. I just think times have changed.
Speaker 1: So much that like he's forty four, he still thinks he's twenty four. Oh you know what I mean, Like he's still just I never thought about that. Yeah, okay, Yeah, he's still like thinking he's like a bachelor, supposed to be kicking it, hanging out, like he's just the thought the thought of like having a family has been nowhere near his mind for a very long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I never thought about that. Yeah Okay. And and then you know, Cayle's like, well, Giselle, maybe he's responsible. Maybe he hasn't. He decided a very long time ago that he doesn't want to have kids, like out of marriage, and he just hasn't found the one or whatever. I don't know, but like.
Speaker 1: So, what's what's the guy's explanation? Has he given you one?
Speaker 2: I didn't ask him if he was gay, but that is a question that I do ask. You're just leuck with the man? Oh that's how you asked you? That's yeah, here ever been with me? I learned that from Love Hotel because Ashley's really good at it, like she she'll come out with that question like number three and I'm like and I was kind of like, oh, okay, that's that's cool, right, So yeah, I would be like, yeah, So I asked Phil that actually on Love Hotel. By the way, Love Hotel is still on Sundays. Yes, so get into how many episodes we have? Eight? Okay? Yeah? And I feel like we need a reunion, a three part you want one? I want a three three parter and he get into it. So yeah, I asked Phil, have you ever been with a man? Okay? And he said no? Okay? Was he offended? Mm hmm okay because he's from La. So I think that that's kind of like understandable to ask. Yeah. I mean it didn't even matter, like I don't care what that's a that's.
Speaker 1: A good way to ask, Like if you think someone's gay, yeah, that's a good way to ask them without thinking you're going to offend them, and like if they're not, get you know what I'm saying, have you ever been with the man?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think that's a better way to phrase it than to say are you gay? Yeah? True? And then I've asked like have you ever had sex? And a man was in the room and I don't remember what the answer was. And then it's kind of like I do want to know like your sexual preferences, so like do you like threesomes? Do you like all that? So, yeah, we had all those conversations. So one guy was like, I mean, you know, I don't kiss himTo oh no, but you're here to talk about her, right that you're actually here to talk about this. You're not getting paid, but this is your job, right, Yeah, tell me what you do in the bedroom, sir. And my thing is I don't kiss and tell is the answer that means yes and you don't want to talk about it? No? He might.
Speaker 1: It could mean no, but he might want to make it look like he's like this like freaktu.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know he wasn't. And I'll tell you who it was later?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, anyway, Charles, this is from Charles Ellerb and this says the subject is Giselle Love Hotel.
Speaker 2: Okay, speaking of Love Hotel, he says, hey, y'all still loving the podcast? Well? Is that room still loving the podcast?
Speaker 1: I love it like no, because there could be some people that aren't that started listening and they decided they don't like us anymore, or they just they just you know, fell off, fell off. Okay, all right, well, thank you, char you're still loving. I had questions, which is now be honest?
Speaker 2: How was the twenty five thousand dollars taco which if you watched Left Hotel, I think was episode one my first date with Jay. They brought out a twenty five thousand dollars tacos, so it was shrimp, lobster, caviar, gold leaf, and something else that's all in one taco. Okay. I think the gold leaf was took us over the edge of twenty five thousand. It was great. I loved every year morsel. I think I took three bites, so how much is that a bite? Three bites and it was gone?
Speaker 1: So so Jay had a rock in his I think oysters were in it too, something okay, something that has rocks associated, maybe the oyster. Yeah, so a rock was in his and he he almost like took us tooth out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Obviously they didn't show that part, but yeah, Jay is still mad. He's hot. Okay, So did it really cost twenty five thousand dollars? That's what they said, and not paysos because we were in Mexico. Yeah, Mexico paysos I think. Yeah. Yeah, No, I was like dollars. They were like dollars. Yeah, so that's that, he said. Charles says, because there's no way it tasted worth even half that. How would you know, Charles, you weren't there again, Love your show. When are you going to have your kids on on the Love Hotel on the podcast? Oh okay, I don't know. By the gone, we could have the boys on. I've been a fan since the beginning, and remember y'all mentioning it has it have been? It has been. I don't know what this means. We'd love to hear their take on some of the stuff that's happened in their lives with their moms being who they are, and maybe asking some of y'all. Some asking y'all some questions that would be good though. Yeah, I've asked. I've asked mine if they would come on, and they tell me emphatically tell me no, Really, I don't know because they're such like my kids are hams like they are. They say that they're so funny, they are so unseious, and I'm like, why won't y'all just come on the podcast? Yes, I don't know why I say something funny? Yeah, Okay, next time they're here, we're gonna body slam them and throw them on the couch and make them tall. They're gonna body slam you back. True. True, because that Corey is you, Yes, like he just sprouted up? Is he tall than one? He's like neck and neck wow? Yes? And Wine is six four six two six two six two. Okay, all right. This is from Jay Black. Jay Black says, I've been with my man for a year now and we rotate weekends at each other's apartments. His apartment is less than ideal in terms of comfort and entertainment. After a year together, I recommended that he makes some upgrades. He doesn't want to, as he's currently building a new house. Money is not a concern. He just wants to select furniture or future home, not the apartment. He wants to select furniture for the future home. Is it reasonable or shady to request that he spent all weekends we're together at my place until his new home is completed in about a year. I'm tired of feeling like I'm the one of Giselle's daughter's dorm rooms. Where whenever I miss one oh am in one of Jazelle's dorm room daughter's dorm rooms. Whenever I visit him and he tries to break up with me. Oh and if he tries to break up with me, I can't read. And if he tries to bring up with me, I may be writing again to ask y'all to match me with someone I know. That's right. Okay, first of all, let's back up. So I recently did the surprise of Angel and the door, right, So in order for us to do this, we had to hide in the dorms bathroom. What oh God? In order for Angel to come into her room and she didn't see us, so we had to hide in the communal bathroom. Oh okay, lovely, I stepped literally one foot in that bathroom, and I broke out in high like I was like, this is disgusting and I don't know how I ever did this in life. They don't share with guys.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's Spellman. Yeah, so yes.
Speaker 2: If the experience, what is it? J black?
Speaker 1: If if that's similar to a dorm room, if his place is similar to your dorm room, Yeah, you get out right out, matter of fact, break up with him, right, like whom forget staying at your house for a year?
Speaker 2: Break up with him? Yes, he need to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, you're absolutely not shady if you ask him, just like, listen, can we just stay at my place?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I don't know how old you are, but I'm sure you're grown, grown enough to know that you you want to be comfortable?
Speaker 2: Yes, and he look if.
Speaker 1: If he gets sensitive enough to where y'all got to break up, then like yeah exactly, yeah you should understand.
Speaker 2: So and we all like nice tease. Yes, yes, and I want to be comfortable. Right we been we you went.
Speaker 1: Through that stage where you have, you know, deal with sleep on the floor or whatever, like no, now I don't need I can't do it. I'm grown grown, Yeah, we don't need that anymore. I didn't want to share a bad thing with you. Alright, we got one more, Okay, So I want to follow up on the ozembic of it, all the.
Speaker 2: G LP ones.
Speaker 1: You know, I talked about how I have some extra pounds that I want to lose and they just you know, I work out and the scale goes up and I'm frustrated and I'm considering a GLP one. So I do want to say thank you to everybody that wrote to me, emailed you, d MD. I even have a friend that I love, a dear friend that I love that listens to the podcast that called me and pretty.
Speaker 2: Much confessed that she's been I saw, I saw a commercial and there's a pill like the Marangua. Is that a pill? Oh? I don't know there's a pill? Okay, you check, Okay, yeah, all right, so what the people say?
Speaker 1: Okay, So so I do want to say in general, I heard pretty much a general sentiment, which was it worked for them. They experienced some nausea, maybe some fatigue, but then you kind of like get through it. So I'm gonna write, I'm gonna read. Let's see a couple of letters. So this is from Tracy. Hey, Tracy Tracy.
Speaker 2: Says, I love Manaro, but that's what I'm That's what I'm meant to say. Yes, I think that has all I think. Okay, I'm not sure. She said.
Speaker 1: I love Manjarro, but I'm afraid to stop taking it. She said, Hi, Robin, I was in the same boat whereas I was working out and the weight was not coming off due to menopause, and I've always been able to lose weight easily. So I decided to research all of the weight loss drugs and decided on Manjiro because that one seemed to give the least amount of side effects. I absolutely love it and have lost over thirty pounds now. I did have some constipation in the beginning, but I would just drink my smooth moved tea and that worked just fine. I have since switched from once a week shots to once a month, but I'm afraid to cut it off all together. So that would be the only warning. You will be hooked. Good luck with whatever you choose, and she said, ps. I also love Glow thirty and my month facials with my bestie Angie aka MI just out and it was great media on my first visit.
Speaker 2: You are even more beautiful in person. Oh nice? Do you remember her? Okay? Yeah, so Tracy, I appreciate you, okay, And I appreciate her being honest. Like some people don't want to talk about it, which is weird because it's like not everybody's on it, but I mean there's enough people on it's not like taboo. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think, well, I think now today is becoming less and less taboo because I think at first, you know, people were on it, and they weren't. They felt they didn't want to be judged, And now you're just hearing more and more people. Did you hear about this influencer. It's a girl who's like a big influencer on TikTok and she was selling these like, you know, getting people to sign up for like her coaching program for weight loss. So she would teach, you know, I don't know, teach them meal plans and workouts and stuff. And then found people found out she was on a GLP one the line, right, Like that's great, that is crazy to me. So that's so she's facing a lot of backlash because I think whatever she was selling two hundred dollars or something.
Speaker 2: People would pay and get a damn Yeah. Yeah, the lives people tell. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So here is a message from Lynn. She said, Hi Robbinland.
Speaker 2: Yes, Heiland.
Speaker 1: I've been on medications like ozempic for years, even before it was used for weight loss, and I lost a lot of weight. However, I experienced extensive sickness and could not eat. Eventually my doctor took me off because it was impacting my pancreas. I've known other people who have used so ozmpic and have very few side effects.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's it's in my talk about hair loss and all that. No one talked about hair loss.
Speaker 1: I did have people talk about like the muscle loss, and they said, you definitely if you get on these, you definitely have to eat, focus on eating protein, and focus on working out like strength training lifting weights, because you will lose weight.
Speaker 2: I mean you will.
Speaker 1: Lose When you lose weight, you're losing muscle, you know, So you gotta just focus on that. Some people say they have headaches yea, that their or their cycle gets you know, funny.
Speaker 2: Or they might have diarrhea.
Speaker 1: I did have few people recommend try zeppetite. So there's different ones too. So there's like ozempic Manjaro, so I think manjaro is the same thing as ozempic or something triesepetide, all these different ones anyway.
Speaker 2: So what's what's the verdict. What you're gonna do?
Speaker 1: Okay, here's another one. Okay, and see when I get these, I'm like, okay. So this is from Katrita, she said, don't take ozempic. Thank you Katria, she said, high, ladies love the show. My cousin who was on ozempic for diabet diabetes lost his vision in one eye. Damn it was because of the ozimpic, so beau, because it's listed in their side effects.
Speaker 2: So there's nothing he can do. Damn, don't do it.
Speaker 1: Don't do it. I'm fighting the same perimenopause weight gain. It's so frustrated.
Speaker 2: Are you are you? Like, are you menopause A Perry? I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, of course, I think I'm at that age where I could be, But when I read the symptoms for perimenopause, I'm like, I don't. I don't think that that's me, okay, because I don't really have all the other things, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just fat. You're okay, first of all, you're not. Second of all I think. I mean, it doesn't hurt you try Yeah, yeah, but look at the pill version. I would think a pill is easier than taking a shot. Yeah, yeah, I don't. I wouldn't want to take a shot.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely going to like I want to consult with a doctor, like I don't want to do it on just some like random because it seems like everyone is administering these drugs now, So I think I would want to consult with a doctor, or at least I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think you should. Yeah, but but talk about everything like perimenopause all that.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, exactly, exactly. Yeah, So the verdict is still out. Verdict is still out. Thank you for all of the feedback though, I appreciate. But people definitely say do it. Okay, most people say do it. I literally had two people say said, don't do it. The people that are blind. Yeah, And I'm like, that's blind and homeless. But I just I saw something recently. Kyle Richard's daughter did it and she experienced hair loss.
Speaker 2: Yeah I saw I saw that. Yeah, and I told you I have a girlfriend too, that we're on it and major hair loss. Yeah. See that's not I can't risk that. Yeah. Well, I mean, well, you can wear a wig. One of them wears a wig. Yeah, because of it. Yeah, she won't get off of it, right, that's crazy. Yeah, yeah, I don't want to do that. WHOA, all right, Well, don't never forget to live your life either reasonable Oh Shady or Bube Bbe Babe. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady