Speaker 1: Good Morning Football is the production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go. What's up?
Speaker 4: This is Good Morning Football. Welcome inside, everybody live.
Speaker 3: In LA and Indianapolis.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 4: Today it's Thursday, February twenty seven. The Combine begins today officially with the on field drills. Jamie heard al Manteo. Peter Schrager looking great in the Navy Blazer today. Cody Kesler back at the table, day four of five of the Cody Kesler experience. We really get to test somebody now on their fourth day, getting up at two o'clock in the morning, coming up with ideas. Cody, you've been prepping combine stuff?
Speaker 3: You ready, I'm ready, all right, I've been up.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm gonna reverse schedule now. I've been up since the night. So I'm rolling on ready over here since two am.
Speaker 4: He hasn't slept. He's going to host his own segment today, Peter. It's all happening. Welcome inside, those gentlemen sitting in Indianapolis ahead of the on field drills beginning in Indy two day for the NFL Scouting Combine. Peter Schreeger, Tom Pelisero. There is a name that keeps flirting with the number one overall pick. And if you listen to Abdul Carter talk about himself out of Penn State, you would be convinced that he thinks he should go there. Now, those guys on the offensive line who are arriving will have to deal with Abdul Carter at some point coming off the line on another team. Those are the olignemen. They're arriving for workouts and testing today. But that mentioned that name. I just mentioned Abdul Carter. Peter and Tom. What happened last night with this young man? Is he emerged from his medical tests and how does it affect his the conversation surrounding him over the next two months.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning, Jamie.
Speaker 6: We are happy it is the official start of the combine drills day. It all go down today. It's going to be on NFL Network. I'm joined by the great Tom Pelasero. And yeah, Abdull Carter's name has been popping up in all the mock drafts as the first name to go. But there was actually a little bit of news as far as on the injury front. And Tom, you are all over it.
Speaker 7: Yesterday, Peter, they found a stress fracture in the foot of Abdual card. It's a fifth minute parcel. You hear those a few times every year. Right, somebody's got a Jones fracture. Somebody's got something they might have been walking around with for days, weeks, months, years. It gets discovered here because all the different medical staffs gets their hands on people, they put them through a battery of tests. That's where this was discovered for Abdual Carter. So there's a couple of different ways this can go. You can get a surgery immediately it's be back in about eight weeks. Or he can just wait, go through his pro day show. The stress fracture isn't actually bothering him, he doesn't need surgery.
Speaker 2: We've seen in past years.
Speaker 7: When you've got a highly touted player with something like this, usually they just opt to get the surgery, get it out of the way, because otherwise you run the risk of eventually that stress fracture turns into something worse down the line. I talked this morning with a medical source that I very much trust, who has been at the combine for years, has seen a lot of these things. Deyonta Foreman had something similar to this years and years ago. What he said was, I would not ding him long term on this. In other words, to the except that anybody's nervous about this, and with abdual Carter, doesn't sound like, if anything, that's really going to ultimately impact where he gets drafted. One more reason that surgery is probably the option. But his agent, Drew Rosenhaus said last night that they're going to evaluate everything of a decision in the next couple of days.
Speaker 6: Well, I have a friend who works for one of the teams. They have a pick in the teams, he says, Obviously, that means he's got to slip thirteen spots. Right, he's got a good That's not the case. That's what we're here, and it's not the case now. Tom, I ask you, because there's two different scenarios to get it now.
Speaker 2: If he does get.
Speaker 6: It now, does that mean he's on crutches for the draft, Does it mean he's available to play in mini camp? Or we talk it all the way through training camp? How long is this timetable? If we just did a routine surgery, now, it's.
Speaker 7: Like an eight week recovery, so right around the draft, could be clear to begin ramping it up. You're going to be in a boot for a while here. But again, it's not a long term type of a thing. This is not like he's going to be off for six months. He might impact him in his rookie season ultimately, I mean it's possible guys play with trust fractures. He's probably had this going for a while, seen players play through it, but you never know when that's going to turn.
Speaker 2: Into something more substantial.
Speaker 7: Especially because of the violence with which this guy plays, You're putting a lot of stress on you begin to overcompensate. There's all kind of risks, factors. A lot of doctors, and I will defer to the actual doctors, not the guys who just show up here in the football stadium at eight am do talk about these things. But it certainly seems like the recommendation is probably going to be to go to the surgical route. The question is just going to be does he go through the pro day first? Does he get the surgery? Now he could try to forego surgery altogether.
Speaker 8: We'll see how it plays off.
Speaker 6: Don't minimize our work being here at eight am talking about stressac I feel like.
Speaker 7: I've got a stress fracture too after this a lot. It is not a short walk between the various establishments that we got to get to at all hours of the night here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and there were some other topics buzzing last night that Tom and I were being asked about, and.
Speaker 2: For that we will go back to Jamie.
Speaker 6: Talk about the defensive line a little bit in outdo Carter at the table.
Speaker 4: You don't want to share those buzzy topics, Peter. You don't want to share with the table what you guys are being asked about.
Speaker 3: Okay, while you guys talk.
Speaker 2: Amongst yourself, you're going to track my coffee.
Speaker 4: In and shrikes with the straw and the ice coffee no milk, penn state as Rusher Abdul Carter. We just got done talking about him. That's a potential timetable situation for a likely number one overall pick. Now, whether or not he can walk across the stage in Green Bay at whatever draft team he gets fixed to, whether he's done crutches, doesn't matter. He thinks he's a number one overall guy. And if you're mocking him that way, then he wants to agree with you.
Speaker 9: I ain't never been too small for nothing of my whole life. It's all about heart for me. It's all about will for me, and I got more than that than anybody. All the great teams that won Super Bowls, that you have that one standout, great defensive player, and I feel like I'm the best player in the country, and the best player should be selected number one.
Speaker 4: All right, So Carter will not be taking part in any drills today, but let's get into some guys that will be on the field. We have this massive binder that sits in front of us. There's a ton of names, Peter, and we're gonna stick with defensive lineman first and then put your linebacker hat on. But Peter, let's go to the defensive line and a handful of names that you're going to see working out today. Who are you watching because you'll be on that big, beautiful set watching the field behind you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm really excited. It's actually a really deep group.
Speaker 6: They're saying, this is one of the best and deepest defensive line groups that you're going to see in an NFL draft. And really they're saying, the core and the strength of this draft class is in the trenches. D line, O line, tight end and running backer are those strength positions for d line. Yesterday I came on the show and I did flips about Mason Graham, who is a defensive lineman for Michigan. I'm going to talk about his teammate, the other guy inside, Kenneth Grant. Kenneth Grant was also a de tackle at Michigan, came in at about three sixty, got in shape to three forty, and this guy can scoot, he can move. Grant's considered a first round prospect. He's the other interior.
Speaker 2: Defensive lineman at Michigan.
Speaker 6: And now, though Graham is going to get all the love, Big Kenneth Grant is going to be turning some heads tonight if he works out. The story is he's a lot more athletic than you would think for a guy that size three hundred and forty pounds. Now, he's not Jordan Davis who came in at three sixty three seventy with scooting, but he could be a guy that puts up one of those eye popping forties and does really good in the agility drills.
Speaker 2: Here was his career at Michigan.
Speaker 6: A third team AP All American this year, Big Number seventy eight in the middle. Again, we have not seen a defensive line draft like this and quite some time they're talking about we might see, oh, I don't know, ten first round picks that come out of the defensive line, some of those guys being in the interior defensive line.
Speaker 2: Kenneth Grant could be one of them.
Speaker 6: So as Mason Graham gets all the headlines out of Michigan, his other d lineman inside, Kenneth Grant, he could be a first round or two.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be watching him today.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with Shamar Stewart six five, two hundred and eighty pounder out of Texas A and M one of the most explosive players in this draft. If you put the film on, his first step is as good as anybody on the defensive line in this draft.
Speaker 8: He's so much fun to watch. He's a very violent.
Speaker 5: Football player, but he plays within the rules and MENTI will tell you that's what you want from your defensive players, right I want you to be violent, be physical, but be smart and be disciplined at the same time.
Speaker 8: He does a great job of that.
Speaker 5: He is a perfect example of the numbers.
Speaker 8: Don't tell the entire story.
Speaker 5: Right, His stats don't jump off the stat sheet at you. He's not going to go up there and light up the stat sheet. But when you put the tape on, you will learn pretty quickly how good he can be and how good he already is. Right, and the best thing for me is I don't even think he's scratched the surface of his potential. If he gets to the right program, the right system, if he develops the right way, he can be a star in the NFL in the next couple of years. I think he's going to test very well because he's so athletic at the combine, and I don't want to put too much pressure on him. But the reason that I picked him and was persuaded to pick him, is because a couple of days ago at the Combine, he went out and said he expects at six five twot eighty to run either a low four five or a high four four forty. Now, I don't want to put the pressure on he said he can do it. I'm picking him for my defensive line. Either way, I think he's gonna go out there and crush on Ope.
Speaker 8: He has great dat day on the field.
Speaker 10: The combine is such a beneficial thing for people in small schools. You know, it's not it's a risk for the top prospects, but for the guys in smaller schools like Darius Alexander from Toledo. I think this is one of those opportunities in the stages where you can really go out there and show what you can do amongst the best talent in this NFL draft. The thing I like about Derris Alexander is this he has athleticism to stay in his gap. Everybody knows whether you're in the A gap, which is between the center and the guard, of the B gap, which is a guard in the tackle, that gap is going to move once that that ball is snapped, And nothing has worked for a linebacker to have a d lineman that doesn't have the athletic ability to move horizontally with those gaps.
Speaker 8: He does have that.
Speaker 10: The second thing I love about him is he has a violent shed.
Speaker 2: When he blocked.
Speaker 10: His trucks, he has a violent punch, but if you watch all of his highlights, he's just throwing people to his right and to his left and making plays on the other side of the line of scrimmage. So I really like Derris Alexander from Toledo, and I think he has a great opportunity at this combine to.
Speaker 8: Really show what he can do well.
Speaker 4: And Toledo could really be making a name for themselves with Queenyon Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Coming out last year.
Speaker 4: And if we have another Rocket who has a great combine, then maybe an excellent rookie season for him. I go to Detackle out of Old miss, but he started at Texas A and m Walter Nolan can play defensive line perfectly, but he also can talk a great game.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 4: So he's six' three nearly six.', four however he's just. Too ninety and, BY that i mean some people are claiming that this guy, COULD be i, don't know not quite big enough to play interior. Defensive line well, To That walter nolan said, this week ask the linemen that face me if They think i'm, too small ESPECIALLY once i get my hands. On YOU once, i do you're gonna, feel. Me okay and that's not the only Thing That walter nolan likes to. Talk, ABOUT now i, say this this is not, my steak this is not, my claim this is not, My Parallel walter nolan said To The draft network just a couple of weeks ago that he THINKS that i am the Next what. Fallow player i'm a going to put a picture, up here and this Is Who walter nolan thinks that he compares himself to and that he could be The Next.
Speaker 3: Aaron donald give me the. Photo.
Speaker 4: Here people, he thinks look At That aaron Donald And, walter nolan that he could fulfill whatever expectation that we Had Of aaron donald coming INTO, the nfl whatever that. May be, and however he CLAIMS that i actually like the dream big and big name and, Swing. Big peter it is a fantastic goal to set forth because we All Love aaron donald and he had a tremendous impact ON the nfl in. His Time, walter nolan good luck to you today this weekend and wherever you. Get drafted let's move on from the defensive line to. The, linebackers peter you got a guy that you're watching from this group on the field Today as mansi does a little, Linebacker, DANCE yeah i.
Speaker 6: Know man ti has a great affinity for the. Linebacker Position, AND jamie i know you love a. Great Story carson schwssinger OUT of ucla had twenty seven tackles his entire career heading into. This season he then went on to have one of the greatest linebacker.
Speaker 2: Seasons that we've seen out Of The.
Speaker 6: Big ten he Led The big ten in tackles and, better yet he was third in the nation. In tackles there's a guy who was a, walk on then he puts a, red shirt sat the bench for, several years twenty seven career tackles before the twenty twenty, four season and then went out and dominated. His conference schwessinger long hair Has That bean ginkol. Thing going you will not be able to miss him, out there and the thought is he can really boost his stock with a great. COMBINE performance i spoke to teams who have been meeting with a different.
Speaker 2: Defensive players, they said you WANT football Iq. At schwessinger that's.
Speaker 6: The guy he's the one who's got it all. Up here there's just not this huge body. Of work it's almost like a one. Year sensation but if you know what work he put in to go from walk on to red shirt to then finally getting on the field and being the best linebacker for his school and being one of the best linebackers in, the country it is Some Story carson schwessinger From walk On To combine invite to Maybe A combine Superstar.
Speaker 10: To night so what has always astonished me is the evolution of the linebacker has. Been more it went from, a big big old dude that can stuff a gaps and big gaps to now it's like more of a smaller safety that can be more rangy and work from silent. The, sideline well this GUY that i, really Like and i've liked HIM since i saw him Play against Georgia Is. JAHAD campbell i love this Guy. From alabama he reminds me Of a Jamie Get this.
Speaker 8: Rolando McClain he really.
Speaker 10: Really rangy he, is tall he's fis but he has the ability.
Speaker 8: To run silin.
Speaker 10: To sideline AND when i watch, this guy there are certain qualities about linebackers that really stand out, to me and as their efficiency in. Their Movement, mike nolan who is my linebacker coach majority OF my, nfl career told, Me this i'd rather you not move than to take one step in the.
Speaker 8: Wrong direction this.
Speaker 10: Kid does not go where he's not supposed, to go but when, he goes that guy explodes like he's coming out of a cannon and he makes plays all over the. Football field so he's probably one of my favorite linebackers coming into, this Draft And man alabama has some thing about. These linebackers i'm being DOMINANTD, in Nfl so i'm excited to.
Speaker 8: See him I'm.
Speaker 5: Going barrett carter six, to one two and thirty Pounder, from clemson Third Team, all american First team all acc one of the most athletic players normally has a, linebacker spot but in the defense as a hole in this, Entire draft i'm so excited for him today to get out there and get an opportunity in, this combine and it makes me feel BETTER when i do my Evaluation IN man t tayl one of the greatest linebackers of.
Speaker 8: All time we're on the.
Speaker 5: Same page what he does so well is he moves sideline to. Sideline right he works very well when the plays it's an outside zone away. From him when he has to pursue from, the backside he does a great job with. His angles he can show. His speed he's quick to read, and react and that's what you want from. Your linebacker he's also very good at being a. QUARTERBACK spy i, hate THAT but i love It if i'm a defensive, minded, coach right he does so well when he can sit there in the middle of, the field when the quarterback breaks, the pocket when he, works right when he, works left when you're Playing A Josh Allen. Olamar jackson now that's a little different level than what he's played. Out before but he does a good job in pursuit and he's very athletic when he gets. In space he's another guy today in shorts AND a, t SHIRT and i know he's, very physical but.
Speaker 8: He's going to excel in. THESE drills i hope he does a good job in.
Speaker 5: THE forty i think he's going to show these scouts how well he can move around.
Speaker 4: The field we can't go through a defensive draft conversation and not go With the georgia guy at some point because of What the bulldogs have produced WITHIN the nfl in the last couple.
Speaker 3: Of seasons So But kiss.
Speaker 4: Award Winner, jalen walker come, on down the linebacker Out, Of. Athens georgia there's something in the Water. In georgia Because If bijon robinson is going to get the, acting, Bug Well jalen walker is a singer and he's a, voice actor and, in fact if you ARE an sec, football fan you've been hearing his VOICE during sec commercials in The It Just means. More campaign so this is a dynamic individual who is obsessed. With football, He says i'm. A ballplayer just being on the field is my. Favorite Position, in anta you. Love this he gets a little, Crazy too, HE goes i like the anticipation of, ONE snap i line up as the. Outside backer the, NEXT snap i line up as an. INSIDE backer i find comfort in you not Knowing what i'm. Gonna do he's kind of crazy, like, THAT man i mean.
Speaker 10: It's crazy very rarely do you set the terms as. A defense you're always a, Reactive right but when you can set the terms and you have to, find me it's like A whareas waldle, that's where that's where we want. To be And so i'm so excited for. THIS kid i talked about him a few days a few, Days. Ago jamie he's Just so he's so good and where the linebacking position is going. Right now your abilities do not only play, the pass but you can. Apply pressure Dante high tower did that coming out Out of alabama Helped the patriots Win That super bowl Against. The falcons so when you can do both things which this young man, can, do man you're such an asset to a.
Speaker 8: Football team may you just look.
Speaker 3: Like you're glowing with linebacker talk?
Speaker 8: Right now it's just like music to.
Speaker 2: My ears.
Speaker 6: All, right look we're At, the combine and here At the Combine, in indianapolis we have this great ARCHIVE of, nfl, FILMS footage nfl, network footage because our.
Speaker 2: Network has owned this event for nearly.
Speaker 6: Two decades and when you talk about what we have in, our archive we have, famous workouts famous, sound bites. Famous moments we're doing a game we Call. Saving face i'm going to quiz my three co hosts back THERE in la to see how well they Know their combine history and how well they know THEIR current. Nfl, superstars jamie It's. Saving face i'm gonna give you three. Different clues you're gonna take, a guest and then we're gonna pay it off with some sound and some video to see how well. You did there are no, wrong answers except if you answer the. Question, wrong okay can, We?
Speaker 2: Go jamie are?
Speaker 4: You ready absolutely always?
Speaker 3: Always prepare, All right.
Speaker 2: We got, that giant beautiful.
Speaker 6: Big board our, First clue I'm A heisman.
Speaker 2: Trophy, Winner Okay heisman.
Speaker 6: Trophy winner, Second one i've rushed for more than eleven thousand yards and.
Speaker 2: One hundred touchdowns IN.
Speaker 6: The nfl, Last one my broad jump is still the second best among running backs two hundred and forty pounds or more since two thousand?
Speaker 2: And three who? Am I? JAMIE erdall.
Speaker 4: I would not have been able to get this until the third until the, third guest but only because We, Went pierre who was it that you were talking about yesterday with the?
Speaker 3: Broad jump? The histor who was? That yesterday who had a? Great brother That Was.
Speaker 11: Byron jones SO then i Went.
Speaker 2: ONLINE jones i.
Speaker 4: Lost an hour of my life to the broad, jump yesterday just like, looking, up guys the two hundred and forty pound running back can only be, the, king right Because Didn't derrick henry.
Speaker 3: Have a crazy broad drop and? He's massive?
Speaker 8: Is It?
Speaker 3: Derrick henry?
Speaker 2: Is it, let's see, let's see let's see who. It is what have we? Got here let's go?
Speaker 8: To?
Speaker 6: THEM yeah i think it.
Speaker 3: WAS man i got me.
Speaker 10: All nervous this IS the pts anxiety. Field segment, I'm doing, come on unbelievable what.
Speaker 6: He, jumped, now look it's the. SECOND Most, aj dillon who would go on to play For, the pass had a longer one and he was over. Two forty But Obviously derrick henry was A superior, i think yet he had the second round grade when the, second round Let's See derek HENRY'S. Forty ca we tossed the Sound Of derrick henry running the forty so many.
Speaker 2: Years ago.
Speaker 8: He's gonna go sub four, four, no.
Speaker 5: No no i'm four four seven four four four three seven four four eight free seven four.
Speaker 2: Four eighty Y'ALL thought i.
Speaker 8: Was playing Y'ALL thought i was player four or. Five, four okay that's what he. Was running that's what he's Running. At alabama so that's, all right we'll.
Speaker 12: Get there what.
Speaker 9: Understand is that's a big man moving that Fatu RIGHT like i DON'T want i don't want people to understand like four or five he's tackling someone two hundred and fifty pounds.
Speaker 7: COMING down i want to point out we just we, just, said hey there's my full back running a four To seven broncs two hundred and thirty.
Speaker 8: Eight Pounds that guy's two fifty was running at four to.
Speaker 11: Five four.
Speaker 4: The shoes, Are, awesome, pierre gosh you?
Speaker 2: Like those those? ARE silver i. Love that that is.
Speaker 6: So cool it's good, All, right jamie. Good job we're once on, One. Man titeo are? YOU ready i. Think so, let's, Go brother, Let's.
Speaker 2: Go shrak everyone at home is. Watching this don't mess up.
Speaker 6: NUMBER one i was one of the highest drafted running.
Speaker 2: Backs of the twenty. FIRST century.
Speaker 6: I benched more Reps Than joe thomas did in. HIS combine i was not pleased with my four point four forty.
Speaker 8: Yard drafts.
Speaker 10: So Me and Jamie During derrick, HENRY'S highlights i was talking there there was a. RUNNING back i Knew That derek henry ran around a four or five, to two but there was a running BACK that i knew that was. Really angry and he said IN the, nfl, film, SAID man I wish i was four. THREE nine I wish, i WAS but i ran a four to four and he just so happened to BE somebody i. Talked about, Yes today Peter Sa, kwon barkley he's.
Speaker 6: So convinced let's talk us To the cliff from the TWENTY Eighteen Nfl Draft.
Speaker 2: Scouting combine my.
Speaker 13: Official time was a four to. Four flat they couldn't just to give Me a. Miami tripping i'll call it off day with, THE forty i want to get into the four threes vert one of a LITTLE entire i put myself into the, top three top two out of all. Those Events so i'm not satisfied, with IT but i can't complain.
Speaker 2: With, it yeah, that, Time, Good tom, come on, no pressure. Let's go, come, on.
Speaker 6: Man what do you think of not being satisfied with a four?
Speaker 8: Four?
Speaker 2: Forty, uh man tell your thoughts?
Speaker 8: On?
Speaker 10: That WELL after i ran a four, EIGHT forty I wish i could have Ran a i'm PRETTY sure i, WAS like I wish i could have ran a four s four.
Speaker 8: SEVEN nine i would take a four.
Speaker 2: To four, but man what Thank, You shreks thank you for.
Speaker 8: That. Question shreks.
Speaker 2: Confidence booster, let's go, All right we're gonna get a little tougher there Now. With cody i've been watching you.
Speaker 6: ALL week i feel like you KNOW the nfl inside, and out and you know the draft.
Speaker 2: Inside it we're gonna get a little tough.
Speaker 6: For hair this is not necessarily A future Hall, of famer but maybe he's got a future of.
Speaker 2: Doing that here's. Your clue, You're ready.
Speaker 8: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: NUMBER one i am A super bowl champion. Offensive lineman.
Speaker 6: NUMBER two i was Drafted After andrew thomas Of the giants And Before tristan wurf's Of the buccaneers and number three at three hundred and sixty. FOUR pounds i ran a five to one forty at the TWENTY twenty nfl.
Speaker 2: Scouting combine WHO? AM i i.
Speaker 5: Hate that i'm probably gonna go and be the one that messes up. Our table, BEING perfectly i have no idea. With confidence i'm trying to think, RIGHT now i have. No, idea okay, so friend let's.
Speaker 3: Work, together okay let's.
Speaker 8: Turn.
Speaker 4: Together okay so what Year Was andrew Thomas and tristan.
Speaker 3: Wirfs drafted that was the twenty. Twenty, rookies okay and he's A super.
Speaker 2: Bowl, chance, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 6: NO no i am A super. Bowl champion don't start confusing. THE clues i am A super. BOWL champion i didn't win it as. A rookie i'm. A, champion.
Speaker 8: No no i'm. SAYING worsted i.
Speaker 4: Get, that Yeah but i'm just trying to contextualize. The time this person was drafted in twenty twenty and He's A super.
Speaker 3: Bowl champion didn't win in twenty so who won in?
Speaker 8: Twenty? One?
Speaker 4: Rams, right, no, no, no, No yes rams Chief chief.
Speaker 8: Eagles chiefs so it's got to be?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 8: Is It? Creed humphrey that's?
Speaker 2: Your, guess, No, no no, That's. Okay cody, Try Again cree humphrey is not?
Speaker 8: Thirty six, Again again i'm trying. TO think i thought you're giving maybe a. Skill position you get me, a LINE and i am just. Absolutely blanking is he with the right?
Speaker 3: Team? Here?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 3: Eagles?
Speaker 5: No uh is it a?
Speaker 8: Green? Team? Peters yeah do you? Guys know and you're just trying to fire a?
Speaker 2: Green team oh?
Speaker 8: Nobody, knows, okay good at least nobody else in. The, Desk?
Speaker 3: Well eagles?
Speaker 2: Can he?
Speaker 8: Can? He? Sing?
Speaker 2: Peter cody do? You want do you? Want it do you want? The answer do you want? THE answer?
Speaker 5: I want I want i want twenty, More, seconds crags give me, Twenty seconds canny.
Speaker 3: Say to see a native Of The united States.
Speaker 2: Of america that would not be the. Right answer that is a seventh.
Speaker 8: THROUGHOUD four i know. You're talking i'm absolutely blanking.
Speaker 2: Right now right he'll Puts.
Speaker 8: Out, pete okay, Hit. Me.
Speaker 6: Pete hope let's go to the twenty twenty combine for one of the fastest forties ever run by a.
Speaker 2: Big man.
Speaker 8: It's.
Speaker 10: An avalanche when he, down blocks he just takes everybody with him and he's moving.
Speaker 2: Pretty good oh, my word it's somebody. That love, oh honey.
Speaker 14: That's fast on, a second did we just watch somebody who's three hundred and sixty four pounds the heaviest individual at the Twenty twenty scouted? Combine that did we just see him run five?
Speaker 8: One, one yeah that's a, Fair. PLAY pete i got to give. You that got me and and.
Speaker 5: In, my defense since, that time i've been.
Speaker 8: Covering, college, yeah okay.
Speaker 4: What we all did was we said it's because he.
Speaker 8: Didn't, start yeah he.
Speaker 5: GOT out i was trying to think where we, got drafted where he goes To.
Speaker 8: The jets now He's. With eagles that.
Speaker 5: Was fair, Good, question no that was.
Speaker 8: Really good welcome to The Fab now i'm ready for. Give ME now i want, another one mean?
Speaker 3: Another one, all right you can take.
Speaker 2: My question we're going to get you. Another one we're going to each get To, so jamie you're gonna get the. Next One And makai BECK then.
Speaker 6: I mean i tried to putting on a platter for, you guy like he, wore green he Won A super bowl.
Speaker 2: This YEAR like, i mean. Thank you let's go, Thank. You, jamie okay your clues for your.
Speaker 6: SECOND question i was the third wide receiver selected in my. Draft, CLASS okay i called passes in College From, Baker Mayfield, kyler Murray And.
Speaker 2: JALEN hurts.
Speaker 6: I had one of the greatest Hatches in combine history along the Side.
Speaker 4: Of peter always gives me a layup because of the college QUARTERBACKS is.
Speaker 3: Cd lamp It, is peter thank you for.
Speaker 6: My day the twenty twenty and let what happened.
Speaker 2: Both feeded it was unbelievable and a.
Speaker 6: Different view You'll See, chad hall who's The current giant assistant wide, receivers coach who was the wide out's coach Of, the bills and like he basically just like falls down.
Speaker 2: In Front Of ceede lamb because he's in all of.
Speaker 6: The catch it's one of the greatest pieces. Of artistry and everyone in, this building which is going wild what?
Speaker 2: Had Happened, BUT jamie i love you got? These clues but was it? The quarterbacks as you don't remember the catch THE quarter i.
Speaker 3: Do not remember.
Speaker 8: The.
Speaker 4: CATCH nope i do not have distinct dreams of.
Speaker 3: Ballet like catches from.
Speaker 4: The COMBINE but i do know that once if you had Left Off, JALB hurts.
Speaker 3: I would not HAVE because i Don't know.
Speaker 4: Oklahoma quarterbacks but once you put the timeline in there or excreting, wide receivers once You Put jillen.
Speaker 3: Hurts, IN there i.
Speaker 4: Got IT and i don't know how guys gets drafted in order.
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 10: That, cool yeah two for, two system.
Speaker 6: Pretty y'all Stat From ceedee lamb that he caught passes from all those guys and It's Been, Dak Prescott andy dalton, and uh who do you have?
Speaker 2: This year if who was? Playing quarterback? Was it who's the Who's the? Cowboys quarterback are? The backup what was? His name he? Came In? Cooper rush that's?
Speaker 8: Our?
Speaker 2: Dude yeah, all RIGHT nice mana are you ready for? A? Round two?
Speaker 8: Hit? Me shrikes?
Speaker 2: Hitting me? Okay again.
Speaker 6: DIFFICULT one i am a pass rusher who had a forty one and a half inch vertical jump at. THE combine i was the second of two first round picks Out of Georgia By howie rossman And the eagles in twenty, twenty three AND when i ran a four to, three nine my college teammates all.
Speaker 2: Erupted Back, In. Athens georgia WHO? Am i he's?
Speaker 10: Number three you wore number Three at georgia?
Speaker 8: The end.
Speaker 2: What is?
Speaker 8: His?
Speaker 13: Name he?
Speaker 3: Where's?
Speaker 2: Bless yeah you can. Do it what's?
Speaker 8: His Initials? Just peter what is?
Speaker 4: His?
Speaker 8: Initials please i'm not giving you.
Speaker 2: The initials. No initials we don't do.
Speaker 3: THAT here i can't believe they got.
Speaker 2: THIS guy, I know, I know, I know I know i lost.
Speaker 3: HIS mind i.
Speaker 5: HATE it i know both of your guys, his Answers and i'm not Gonna. KNOW mark, I know i know.
Speaker 6: It's not.
Speaker 3: Your turn.
Speaker 6: They just did, All Right So jalen carter went ninth over and then at thirtieth overall they got.
Speaker 2: This guy they just.
Speaker 10: Played a clip With higher roseman calling him and, he, said man you know how hard it is for me As a florida guy To draft. Georgia guys and the other end, of that do you think you just want.
Speaker 2: TO win, I know i'm just.
Speaker 13: Drawing.
Speaker 8: Blanks guys, OH man i will give you.
Speaker 2: The initials n let's go to. The, sound, yes please let's go to.
Speaker 8: The.
Speaker 11: Sound yeah it.
Speaker 8: Wasn't, That.
Speaker 4: Right peter when they Drafted In daniel jeremiah lost, his mind, it's.
Speaker 2: It everyone lost. Their mind that.
Speaker 6: WAS unbelievable, i mean it was an, amazing pick and he's Now A super bowl champion in his. Second, Year, uh cody we're gonna end with you.
Speaker 2: Here again, difficult ONE.
Speaker 8: But i trust.
Speaker 9: Get.
Speaker 6: This okay it would have been a lot EASIER if i just, gave you, You Know John david booty footage, was like here is.
Speaker 8: Another, One yeah i'm, ready now.
Speaker 2: You don't want an? Easy one? All right here? We go who number one of all the running backs in?
Speaker 6: MY draft i was tied for best forty times with four point three. SEVEN seconds i am the first running BACK in nfl history to start And Win super bowls in my first two years in. The league started as, a rookie started as a second.
Speaker 2: Year guy at, running.
Speaker 6: Back Won Those, super bowls and at, THE combine i revealed while wearing SUNGLASSES that i looked Up To La danian tomlinson and wore his cleats as.
Speaker 2: A kid WHO AM i i am?
Speaker 8: BLANKING you I have i do? Not know do you? Guys? Know? Yeah champions, All right Isaiah Check really i'm trying to, you know your mind, goes, to like who's who's the first? Round pick who's a guy that? Was good that was? Really good that was.
Speaker 4: REALLY good i love that, Second, Bullet peter that's, the best one of my.
Speaker 3: Favorite ones let's.
Speaker 2: Hear it let's hear it from. Him ourselves, Let's Go. Isaiah checko young kid at. A ruger i look up THE l T Two.
Speaker 15: DAMIAN thompson i used to wear his CLEATS when i was a, little KID and I swear i kind of really set.
Speaker 8: My MIND where i wanted to be a running BACK when i was wearing.
Speaker 2: His cleaves, YOU know. I was i was blessed to see him the. OTHER day i seen.
Speaker 15: Him here we just clap, it Up Like bro friday of, each other and, you know we want to put On For. New jersey that's where, we're from and we want to represent and, you know represent that or in, our chest and, you know can't nobody take that away from us and putting, that work and we're going to make sure everybody back at home And and coachiano and everybody are proud of us when We hear.
Speaker 14: Isaiah put check oh the run, doctor right four, four seven.
Speaker 2: You would have a better one in his.
Speaker 6: Second run he would go four three seven and it would be the fastest forty of any of those running backs.
Speaker 2: That Year, cody kessler thanks. For playing you, did.
Speaker 8: Well. Dude good that.
Speaker 5: Was good, Now though i'm going to go home and do combine trivia seventy two hours and.
Speaker 8: Get ready fate back.
Speaker 4: Comes up with different topics and you Come out, you're, like wait this is the.
Speaker 2: TOPIC now i.
Speaker 8: Love it i'm a. FOOTBALL nerd i love doing. That stuff that.
Speaker 6: Was awesome question for you guys back THERE, in la do you want to do this? Again tomorrow we.
Speaker 8: Can, yeah, yeah yeah, pretty, sure yeah thank.
Speaker 2: You again tomorrow producing a long day.
Speaker 4: For tomorrow do, This again Chris, dun grilla change, The grid pere shreg are very.
Speaker 3: Well done we. Love it.
Speaker 12: It's an honor to have this happen right NOW where i want to get followed around by a very, expensive camera a great boom mic and you catch the. Boom mic my man is holding it into the perfect, angle here and the fact that punters and kickers are getting an opportunity to compete in front OF the nfl FOLKS On nfl network is a beautiful thing for the brand.
Speaker 7: That WAS former nfl punter and current guy who's ALWAYS, On tv pat McVie was on hand for the twenty TWENTY Five Nfl.
Speaker 6: Specialist showcase which made its debut yesterday At The.
Speaker 7: Scouting combine some of the top kickers and punters in the country put their skills on DISPLAY for nfl scouts. And evaluators the punters focused, on, distance hangtime and, directional control while kickers were tested, on kickoffs, field goals and. Overall accuracy the showcase had plenty of. Standout moments improved, once again why specialists play a crucial role in.
Speaker 8: THE game i.
Speaker 2: LOVE it i. Love it that, was yesterday That, was Wednesday.
Speaker 6: Today's thursday we will get defensive line and linebackers. Doing Drills, but tom it's not just about the prospects and the, workouts here and it's not just about free agency and players looking to. Move teams there's also league, stuffing AROUND and i think You And judy batista were on it yesterday some proposed potential. Rule changes let's start off with the idea of maybe revisiting replay assists in a more.
Speaker 7: Expanded fashion so we've heard about this going back to, last fall and At The december, League Meeting troy vincent talked about wanting to open. Things, up obviously they've had those additional replay assistant moments where it's not, a stoppage it's not. A challenge we're able to fix things in real time if they are clear and obvious errors they're made on. Objective, Calls Now troy vincent had opened the door Back in december to the idea that you would be able to potentially also use replay assists for, subjective calls and That Even new york could put down flags when they are.
Speaker 2: Not, thrown yes that's what. We're talking this could be things, like this like.
Speaker 7: The, faces However what troy said yesterday was when they talked About the, competition committee there is zero Appetite For new york to put. Down flag so even this under the expanded to Replay Where sam donald lost, his head would not act actually become.
Speaker 2: A foul it's all about there's always.
Speaker 7: Been this resistance to having subjective types. Of fouls in, other words somebody substituting their judgment from one thousand miles away for the guy who's standing. Right there so what they're going to try to do with the expanded replay assist is create objective criteria within the language of. The rules things like a hip below the. Quarterback's need, that's objective not subject.
Speaker 2: See it it is a hit on a.
Speaker 7: Defenseless PLAYER and, i, said, well okay. It's subjective, they'll like did the quarterback slide late? For it, they're, like no it won't be. About that it will be like we have a blow to the quarterback's head when he. Was sliding if replay shows he didn't actually get hit in, the head that could. Be overturned so that's that's. The thing that's why pass interference was such, a disaster because it, was like is that a?
Speaker 2: Material restriction was he grabbing hum?
Speaker 7: Or not this is the very objective THINGS the nfl usually moves incrementally, on rules and this.
Speaker 6: Is Not such and if you Remember what tom's referring to, years ago they had you could throw a flag and you can challenge for a pass interference and what happened was the refs you had.
Speaker 2: The undisputable the rest.
Speaker 6: Very rarely overturned it because they, were like it's subjective.
Speaker 2: And we've thought thought, this.
Speaker 8: Way and then eventually the coaches just gave up. On it it's a wasted.
Speaker 2: Time, out. Yeah okay also.
Speaker 6: Overtime roles we know in the playoffs both teams get, a chance but in the regular season it's a.
Speaker 2: Little different could?
Speaker 8: That change that.
Speaker 7: Could change what they're talking about is standardizing the postseason rule for the. Regular season in, other words that would mean both teams get the opportunity to possess. The football this is something they put in after one Of The Josh Allen patrick mahomes matches.
Speaker 2: Were how could you Not Let josh allen? Their, teams yeah well then.
Speaker 7: They put it in just for for the, play layoffs which hasn't come up a whole.
Speaker 2: Lot here but when they put out the.
Speaker 7: Data yesterday in this in this session with a small group, of reporters they were showing it's too high of. A percentage, right now the team to win the coin thoughts in the regular season is also winning. The game they don't want a coin flip to be the. Deciding factor so what they're going to discuss and all. These things these changes are subject to votes.
Speaker 8: At the meeting In late march And.
Speaker 7: Early april it sounds like their trend toward making it, longer overtimes both quarterbacks getting tips of.
Speaker 6: The ball i'm just here for The Old Chase daniel david blawfootage we just showed.
Speaker 2: That was very solid to deep cutt, right there. Cut guys we appreciate those overtime. Coin tosses.
Speaker 6: Last ONE and i say this with a heavy Heart because i'm gonna miss these Guys.
Speaker 2: In gallas seems like The chain gang might be.
Speaker 7: Going, away well we talked about this as the combine a. Year ago you got more of the electronic ways of. Measuring this there's tons of cameras now in. Every stadium they're continuing to, expand that the skeletrack system and.
Speaker 8: All this futuristic.
Speaker 7: Sounding stuff they've now got such good technology that they believe again it's subject to further testing here IN the xfl actually this summer to make sure. Everything's working we are probably going to see The chain gang only on the sideline as a backup in.
Speaker 2: The oh so still there still will still going to, be there.
Speaker 7: But it's only if the electronic. Parts fail but they, showed, us man it's. Pretty cool you can zoom. Way in you can see exactly where it can track the ball with one click of a button and show you exactly where it is on. The Field so i'll miss seeing my old high school baseball Coach philm finunger on the Sidelines in minnesota as part of the team, Getting here and.
Speaker 2: They'll still, be there just won't actually be on.
Speaker 8: The field you'll be staying.
Speaker 6: On the side like the tennis right with the with the late like they show AT The, us open it was in or out in the whole, crowd weights they're gonna be and that's a big part.
Speaker 7: Of IT so I Asked, kim fields who's one of the people's spearheading this with. THE league, i said, all right we talked all about the back. End stuff here's how the cameras were. Technical work we build the front end. Of it, she, said well that's still being. Worked on there's still smoothing things. Out again they'll test that THROUGH the xfl in. The preseason it's going to look a lot, like tennis where it's the, you know.
Speaker 8: Then you'll.
Speaker 7: See it there's, Certain people i'll say this in league office who did not like what they saw when it was testing the preseason. Last YEAR so i feel a little bit more work to do on the front end right