Speaker 1: Dogger cat owners?
Speaker 2: Who's worse to deal with cat owners?
Speaker 1: Is it by a mile?
Speaker 2: A mile? Like more than a mile?
Speaker 1: Tosh Show, Tosh Show to show? Hey there, who knows what time it is?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: We used to release these every week six am West Coast time sharp. Now we're experimenting maybe we should release them later in the day when traffic is a little more lively.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what time it is.
Speaker 3: But what I do know here at Toss Show, it's a special day, Eddie.
Speaker 1: Do you know what today is?
Speaker 2: Not sure what today is?
Speaker 1: It's our birthday?
Speaker 2: What? No? No, no, no, no no?
Speaker 1: A happy birthday? Toss Show, A right happy? Is one year old? Can you believe it? I can't.
Speaker 3: In one year we have turned this little tiny podcast into this.
Speaker 2: Man, what a ride? What a ride?
Speaker 3: So we're one year old? Sound sound the trumpets? Oh my goodness, No, I want our artificial ones. I know it's we're in birthday mode, but I have something else. This is crazy. I was surfing the other day with Pierre, you know, Pierre, the guy that eats hot dogs and fucking random food. Anyway, my French buddy. We're surfing up up north a bit on the PCH and my truck is just parked on.
Speaker 1: The side of the road. We're going into the water.
Speaker 3: And he goes, oh, hey, I need to lock this up, and I'm like, yeah, you don't need to lock it up. Nobody steals anything anymore. It's twenty twenty four. People stop stealing. Just throw it in the back of the truck. He goes, no, So I go and unlock my truck for him, and he throws whatever he wanted not to get stolen anyway.
Speaker 1: His story is stupid.
Speaker 3: We come out of the water from surfing and my belt, my jeans, and my used boxer shorts were stolen from the.
Speaker 1: Back of my truck. And this isn't like.
Speaker 3: This isn't a place where there's parking, there's no buildings around. This is like the PCH like words empty. So so somebody came by, went in the back of my truck, took my jeans, belt and underwear, left my cashmere sweater, left my shoes, left his clothes, All of his clothes were in there. Didn't touch them, but just some unhoused man got a pair of raging bone jeans, ted baker belt. James Pursos, I mean all in all, I guarantee that's over a thousand bucks.
Speaker 2: Jerk, pretty good haul.
Speaker 3: Hell of a hall anyway, Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Birthday to you. Get you some boxes.
Speaker 3: Holy cow, I can't believe we've done this for one year. What's been your favorite episode, Eddie? I like the Astronauts, Steve Astronaut.
Speaker 1: That was a good one.
Speaker 3: That guy gave me a little pea bag from space yeh, from the Apollo Mission.
Speaker 1: I still have that. I use it every day.
Speaker 3: Who's your favorite guest? My favorite guest? Whatever one's not viewed the most? That was my favorite. Come on, guys, watch that one. I like all of them. They're like children to me, you know, except for the one that was my child. That one's actually my kids. It's been a good year, and I was happy to do the show. We are this is our last episode. No, I'm kidding. We'll probably do the show for another twenty years. You think we'll be here.
Speaker 1: For NuRD twenty Oh absolutely, Eddie. If you're here, I'm here.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this. What's what have you learned by doing this show. You've never really hosted a show where you're just interviewing people constantly.
Speaker 3: I learned that when you're interviewing somebody you got, you gotta stay awake.
Speaker 2: It's pretty okay if you.
Speaker 3: Not off during an interview. That lets them know that you're not very interested in what they.
Speaker 1: Have to say.
Speaker 2: It's a good sign.
Speaker 3: So the whole time, I'm just when they're talking, I'm just like, don't fall asleep. By the way, this birthday, you know, I know we didn't get any cake or anything, but we we did get some hardware.
Speaker 2: You see this.
Speaker 1: YouTube, Oh man, send us this. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: It's a it's an award for passing one hundred thousand subscribers eleven months ago.
Speaker 1: M h, well, I don't want this.
Speaker 3: I don't like awards, So I will give this award, says presented to Toss Show. I'll give that to whoever makes the most comments on this video, and not just you know, they have to be funny comments, but not just one. I want like one hundred and fifty thousand. I want one hundred and fifty thousand. Wow, just the most comments that are enjoyable for me to read. I don't know what I'm asking for exactly.
Speaker 2: We'll figure it out.
Speaker 3: Eddie, yep, Eddie, do you remember our first guest I do it was Finky, a gay doctor. Now a year later, this show has evolved. Today's guest is a gay doctor. Enjoy Pasha. My guest today is a goddamn hero. He is a gay man who has saved countless pussies and bitches. His patients have names like Cinnamon, star Dust and Bigsby, and they usually come to them when their owners have allowed them to limp around for a couple of weeks and hopes it would magically go away. Please welcome veterinarian doctor Adam.
Speaker 2: Oh, how are you. I'm great? How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing really good? Thank you good first, well, thank you for being here. Do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I mean absolutely, I believe in ghosts about pet ghosts, of course.
Speaker 1: Oh, so everything has a spirit.
Speaker 4: Everything has a spirit if the spirit has a reason to stay around.
Speaker 1: Oh there's condition.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: If you don't have unfinished business, then you're just gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go off, do whatever else you do.
Speaker 4: But if you have unfinished business or there's another lesson to learn, you stay around.
Speaker 3: Until you learn it. Sure, horseshit, I gotta learn stuff after I die. There's no chance I die and I've finished everything that I needed.
Speaker 2: To do or that's why you get more chances.
Speaker 1: Well, it's really convenient.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were born and raised in La brent Woods typically give our audience a better understanding of geography. How close was your childhood home to Oj Simpson?
Speaker 4: So I went to school at Brentwood High. I was actually raised in Chevy at Hills, but the school was about a mile and a half from OJ's house.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that night as a kid?
Speaker 4: I wasn't a kid, I was. I was home from college. Okay, I was home. I was actually eating at the Islands that used to be on Pico and Veteran.
Speaker 1: You what kind of burger you go with?
Speaker 4: Big Way with cheese, no question, And we were watching the low Speed car race on the television, so they all had TVs.
Speaker 2: So I remember that day very well.
Speaker 1: You still like a burger?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 4: Actually, we just took my mom to Islands for her birthday as like a nostalgic celebration because she used to take us and I got the same thing.
Speaker 1: That's very sweet. Yeah, have you always loved animals?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: How many pets did you have growing up?
Speaker 4: The first pet was a goldfish, but then a bird, and then we got a dog when I was nine.
Speaker 1: Maybe what kind of bird?
Speaker 2: Did you have a little cockatil?
Speaker 1: I'm not a bird fan. I love him in the wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not really a bird fan either. The birds we deal with as Venerians are sick and mean.
Speaker 2: Not really.
Speaker 3: I wanted a pelican for a long time, but Pete told me, they said, knock it.
Speaker 2: Off, Daniel, pelican. Pelican would be rough.
Speaker 1: Oh but it's such a neat animal, you know. I just like that.
Speaker 3: They hang out on peers, talk to old fishermen all day long. Then they fly, they swim.
Speaker 4: So you want like a wild pelican friend, Yeah, not a pelican in the house.
Speaker 3: I basically want a childhood story. Okay, I like that come to life. Yes, when did you come out?
Speaker 4: When I was eighteen? Christmas break? Freshman year of college?
Speaker 1: How'd your parents handle it?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: Did they know?
Speaker 2: My mom knew?
Speaker 1: Did she really?
Speaker 3: Or she just say she because Mom's always say I knew, and there's like, you didn't fucking know?
Speaker 2: Shit, Lady.
Speaker 4: Two of her very close friends were a gay couple, and she had mentioned to them that she thought I was gay, And that year I think we had Thanksgiving and they came to Think Giving dinner and they didn't confirm or deny to her, so she assumed since they didn't say anything, they didn't want to tell her.
Speaker 1: So she did they know?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 1: Did you let them know?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I don't, Well I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all like they have special powers to know they do.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I had a best friend come out like when he was like thirty seven to me. I was like like, no, my whole life never just had buried it, buried it, And I was so mad at myself. I'm like, how in the world you pull this off? You went to school at Stanford again Stanford. We've had five people now on this show they went to Stanford. It's basically an intellectual podcast that dabbles in comedy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Pete's wife does a bit always makes me laugh. Wherever I say a college, I go, hey, sing their fight song, and then she just starts singing it and it makes me laugh. And she doesn't know anything about sports. Let's see if she'll do it on the fly. Let's see if I can get Sam to do this. Hello, Hey, sing the Stanford fight song?
Speaker 2: Go Stanford, Yes, win the game Stanford. It's gonna be a great day. That's nice, all right, Yeah, all right, I got I got the vice song. You actually know the fights are.
Speaker 4: It's all right now, baby, it's that song Free.
Speaker 3: They just stole a song totally. You can't do that for your fight song. A lot of my viewers think I'm out of touch talk about being on the polo team at Stanford, so.
Speaker 2: It sounds it sounds a lot more glorious than it was. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I grew up riding horses and then I wanted to ride some horses at Stanford. Went out to meet the equestrian team people and they felt very elitist to me, so I didn't really mesh with them. I was playing volleyball with like pick up volleyball at night, and my buddy said, oh, you should come out for the polo team. Sure, so I went out and it was all very chill, relaxed people. We had tons of horses, eighteen or twenty horses to kind of be in charge of. It's not a varsity sport, so it was not as glorious and elitist as you think. But we did get to play polo and rubelbows with some pretty fancy people.
Speaker 1: Didn't you start by specializing on horses yet.
Speaker 4: I entered vet school thinking I wanted to be an equine veterary, a horse vet.
Speaker 3: But then you realize horse people are awful and horses are boring.
Speaker 4: I don't want to say horse people are awful, Okay, some horse people can be difficult to work with, and horses can kill you pretty quick if they want. And there's a lot of on call in the middle of the night, often in mud, and it's not always a very glorious profession. And I realized quickly I would rather work indoors on dogs and cats and make enough money to own a horse if I wanted one.
Speaker 1: Do you own a horse?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 2: Anymore?
Speaker 1: Do you force people to call you doctor?
Speaker 4: I introduce myself as doctor two clients, Okay, if I am not treating your pet, please don't call me doctor, because my name is Adam Eddie.
Speaker 3: Back there on his sky miles card, just put doctor in front of it. And so whenever they like his flight's about, they always are like doctor Goslin and he just thinks he's coolest shit for that, And I'm like, that is horse anyway, It's a stolen valor.
Speaker 1: Is my issue with it.
Speaker 3: That's how come vets hire such alt kids to work in their practice.
Speaker 2: I think alt kids migrate toward ret and med.
Speaker 1: The amount of peer scenes I.
Speaker 4: See, piercings, tattoos, queer identity.
Speaker 2: They're just good. It's great.
Speaker 3: I always felt like I was like, oh, this is this is the hotbed. How many dogs do you think you've saved?
Speaker 4: That's a great question that without you doing what you did, would have died, not just been sore.
Speaker 2: That's probably a better question. So maybe half five thousand.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus, your specialty is what is it?
Speaker 2: The surgery? But which, sir, I'll do all surgeries?
Speaker 3: Was your big one that I'm tpl o TP.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it fixes the equivalent of the A c L and people.
Speaker 2: Okay c CL and dogs.
Speaker 4: But same structure, most common injury in dogs and dognies, so very common surgery and they limp. No one likes to see their dog limping, and the surgery does a great job of making them not limp.
Speaker 3: Gun to your head, Yeah, we take you right now. We put you on an NBA team as the as the doctor. Could you could you repair some acls.
Speaker 4: The way people are done? Though you couldn't do it, couldn't It would be messy. So in dogs, we don't replace the A C. L. And in people that's the main, the mainstay. So I don't do ACL replacement. It's a completely different surgery, changing the biomechanics. But gun to my head, broken leg, no.
Speaker 2: Problem, Okay, Yeah, so we can use you. Yeah, I'd be great in a zombie apocalypse.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Are you scared of any animals?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean bears.
Speaker 1: You ever worked on a bear?
Speaker 4: Yes, but it was a sleep uh huh by the time I met it, you know, But in the wild. I have got a place in Mammoth, so I'm up there a lot, skiing and stuff, and so you know, you don't want to run into a bear.
Speaker 3: I had a bear come in my garage almost this summer, really in Tahoe. I couldn't have been less worried about him. I was just like, okay, first of his ear was tagged. I'm like, the city knows what this bear does.
Speaker 4: I'm not scared of bears in general. I'm scared of running into a bear unexpectedly. And then bats for some reason, I.
Speaker 1: Don't like a bat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't trust their navigations, starre, unpredictable, too much, erratic darting around.
Speaker 2: Agreed.
Speaker 1: I had a bat living in my umbrella recently at my house.
Speaker 2: One of the table umbrella.
Speaker 1: It was like by a pool, you know, next to a few chairs.
Speaker 3: But every time I pulled it up, he would fly out, and I'm like, oh, no.
Speaker 2: I have to get rid of this. Yeah, and I did good.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I'm not proud of what I did.
Speaker 2: Oh you didn't just relocate him?
Speaker 3: I felt like he kept coming back. Yeah, I didn't give.
Speaker 2: It a shot. Okay, I got rid of him. Fair, It's not.
Speaker 1: I'm not my proudest moments.
Speaker 2: Okay, they are.
Speaker 4: They are one of the animals that can be a source of rabies in California, so it's better to get.
Speaker 3: I think he had rabies for sure. You ever perform surgery on big cats?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Is a lion the same as a house cat internally?
Speaker 2: Yes? So they're just the stuff is just bigger, uh huh.
Speaker 4: At one of the hospitals I worked at, and we worked with a big cat rescue out in Santa Clarita or wherever it is I know, And so anytime they have issues with their animals, they'd bring them to us.
Speaker 2: They're great. They're huge. I mean, you know, their paws are like this big.
Speaker 3: And I'm still allergic to big cats. I think that's fine. Really, it's same as a house cat. I sneezed just as much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yes, I have plenty of surgeries on big cats.
Speaker 1: Do you ever do any funny photos with them while they're under Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone's got photos with them.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy how big they are.
Speaker 2: I newed a lion once the balls were huge. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you at any point say who's the King of the Jungle?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 1: Did you like the movie ace Ventura when it came out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a Jim Carrey fan.
Speaker 3: He was an animal doctor, right, Yeah, but the most transphobic movie be in the history of movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't hold up.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: A lot of those don't hold up.
Speaker 3: No, but that one is like off the charts. Imagine that being pitched in a room today. And that's why I always laugh when people are like, oh, things used to be so much better. I'm like, for who you monster, it's correct in your opinion? As a game, is that community more or less likely to be faithful?
Speaker 4: So monogamous and faithful I think are different.
Speaker 1: Yes they are. Let's go with monogamous.
Speaker 2: Less likely.
Speaker 1: You believe that I do. How about the vet community?
Speaker 3: Is it Gray's anatomy in the animal hospital where everybody's banging each other?
Speaker 4: There's no question the TV shows about vet hospitals would.
Speaker 2: Be way better.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is a serious question. Yeah, should we circumcise our dogs?
Speaker 2: No, they don't have foreskin. They don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't think I knew that they didn't have foreskin. Did you guys know that you didn't know that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: No, it would be fun money in theory to be like No, I wanted my dog's penis to look like my penis.
Speaker 1: The real question is this newter?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Six months or one year?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a huge topic of debate. The research coming out, especially in bigger dogs, is let them grow a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: Okay for bone health.
Speaker 1: I waited a year and a half. No, I waited a year and two months.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, if you're a responsible dog owner and not letting them get out and impregnate dogs inappropriately, and they are not developing behaviors that you don't like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't all over the house.
Speaker 2: Right then It's fine. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: What about uh spain a dog? Do you recommend before after the first period?
Speaker 4: So when I went to at school, it was always recommended before the first heat to decrease, decrease the chance of memory cancer. Later that may or may not be getting disproven, but I still I still recommend before the first before that.
Speaker 3: That's sixty six months.
Speaker 1: How long is that? That heat is like a month long?
Speaker 2: No, five to seven days.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like I've seen a diaper on a dog way longer than that.
Speaker 1: Eh, maybe she just had a heavy flow.
Speaker 3: Your favorite surgery to perform as a vet is a volvo plasty and female dogs, Now, do you think you've earned these bitches trust more because you're.
Speaker 2: A gay man?
Speaker 3: And can you explain vulvulplasty procedure since I still have no idea how women work.
Speaker 4: Right, So we call it a pisioplasty, same same prefix, like a pisiotomy. Some female dogs have extra tissue that sort of covers their volva opening, and so they can get retention of urine and moisture and bacteria, and so they get recurrent Your attraction infections, which can be very uncomfortable and lots of return trips to the vet and.
Speaker 1: Can turn into a kidney infection at some.
Speaker 2: Point, can if it's left untreated.
Speaker 4: So the surgery is to remove that extra flap and sort of expose the volva better, more naturally. And the reason I like the surgery is it's pretty easy to do and it really changes the dog's life.
Speaker 2: They are not painful anymore.
Speaker 4: They're not going to the vet all the time, they're not having these UTIs and having to urinate all the time. And you do the surgery and after you know, the two week recheck, the owner says, my dog is so much happier. And that's what makes me feel so good about it, is it really changes the quality of life for the dog.
Speaker 1: You can diagnosis pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: I can just look and see what's what do I got to look for?
Speaker 4: Just looks like there's an extra tissue over the back. Carl was a girl, we could show you, but he's not well. But if you want to look for his foreskin.
Speaker 2: We can.
Speaker 3: Can the owners keep the testicles no, okay.
Speaker 4: But a lot of our like employees, sometimes want to keep the testicles.
Speaker 2: Why do they want to? I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Oh, man, I see that's the problem. The alt kids hang out with the witch kids. The witch kids need balls for their brew.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they they say they're going to drive their make ear rings out of them.
Speaker 2: Oh jesus.
Speaker 3: Do you ever do that cosmetic surgery where you put fake, fake testicles in.
Speaker 4: I've never put them in there, called neuticles. Some people like the look of balls.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, some people.
Speaker 3: I like those guys that have those truck nuts on the back of the that's always nice, right. Is it possible to switch? You get your testicle to jump to the other sack.
Speaker 2: Like the other side. No, they're divided.
Speaker 1: Because as a child I used to just spend so much.
Speaker 2: Time trying to get it over there.
Speaker 1: Sure, why not, see if you get swap.
Speaker 2: Them, just twist the whole thing around.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I need to do that right.
Speaker 3: And then everybody always had Did you guys have a friend in high school or college that you always like?
Speaker 2: You heard that he only had one testicle?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I lived next to someone who live sext and I lived next to someone who had three. You lived next to somebody that had three testicles? TRIPI you call them tripod? Yeah, wow, that seems weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was weird.
Speaker 3: You don't sit on your balls, I mean you try not to. All right, this has gone off the rails. People that own lizards or snakes or mice, yep, are they wasting the clinics time?
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 4: Small pets, hamsters, gerbils, reptiles, that's what we call exotics, and they usually go to vets who focus on exotics. By the time those things are sick, they're almost always going to die.
Speaker 1: Traditionally, do vets get paid well.
Speaker 4: General practitioners don't get paid as well as the public thinks. They are probably coming out of school making seventy five to eighty thousand dollars a year, which in Los Angeles to own a house is pretty tough. Specialists are doing better, you know, we do a lot more schooling and a lot more training and have specialized equipment and skills. So I would say most specialists make it pretty decent living.
Speaker 3: And then the number one cola I'm just guessing here, the number one complaint from your customers is it's this guy's too.
Speaker 2: Expensive one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: And the real thing is that the same stuff that you use or equipment is the same stuff ye that hospitals pay for humans, so it cost a fortune.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're using all the same equipment, same drugs, same supplies, same facilities. We obviously don't have health insurance in the same way. PET insurance is all almost all reimbursement insurance, but the big insurance companies negotiate with hospitals will pay eighteen percent or whatever, so the prices are increased dramatically so that the doctors and hospitals still make money from the insurance companies, whereas we just kind of pay charge where our costs are. So an MRI, for example, will be around two thousand or twenty two hundred dollars for US human MRI twelve thousand, fifteen thousand, so you know, but you don't see any of that because insurance pays for it.
Speaker 3: Should people get pet in insurance, Yes, they should.
Speaker 2: I do. I used to never say yes.
Speaker 1: And now you say definitively yes.
Speaker 4: Six years ago, if you could put aside thirty five hundred to five thousand dollars, you could cover an emergency. Now it's probably ten to fifteen thousand dollars, and that's a lot for most people, and so pet insurance takes that pressure off. And there are some pet insurances that are very good and we'll pay now.
Speaker 3: In twenty seventeen, you and three other friends open to practice focused on ten different specialties. By twenty twenty, who was doing around thirty million a year?
Speaker 1: You sold it in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I don't want to get into specifics, but answer this. Do you ever have to work another day in your life?
Speaker 2: Do I have to?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Probably not at a boy. I would have to change my lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Do you read the reviews when people go on?
Speaker 4: I've never read reviews. Okay, I don't like Yelp. I think it's a small business killer. I think it's terrible service.
Speaker 1: Okay, fuck Yelp. Yelp.
Speaker 3: Are you a sponsor to this show? Because I will flip on him in a second. Here's a problem I see with your world.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: As a vet, you have to be a version of on and it gets grueling and I just feel bad.
Speaker 2: I don't tell people I'm a vet.
Speaker 4: I've met many veterinarians who say they do other jobs until you know them. One woman I met said she sold insurance and then fifteen minutes into our conversation when she found out I was a vet, she said, Oh, I'm actually a vet too, But I don't never tell people because I don't want to hear the questions.
Speaker 3: But when friends know that you're a vet, that's when I think it's a lot because.
Speaker 4: My friends know they can ask me whatever they want. And I get family from, you know, coming out of the woodwork, this question that.
Speaker 2: Com of shity.
Speaker 1: Those are the people that you can't do it is.
Speaker 4: But as a surgeon, sometimes it's very easy because I can say I don't know that I'm lying, but I can say.
Speaker 3: That the other day, my wife leaves this farm the farmer's market. When you go to the farmer's market, you're supposed to come home with flowers, vegetables and maybe this is some some bread that would be.
Speaker 1: Nice, Yeah, fresh piet. Okay, yeah, here's.
Speaker 3: What my wife comes home with from the farmer's market. Get here, I mean, okay, aw, my wife, it's amazing, comes home with a pig. That's great, and she's like, huh, her and her cousin like, we're gonna we're gonna co own the pig. She lives right around the corner I'm like, I know what this means. This means that now I own a pig for fifteen years ish, right, that I've got to build on my property a pig and everything. I'm just like, what everything? There's so much smart and we're not one of these people. My wife's not an idiot, although she behaves like one. You know, I know, like, it's seven and a half pounds now, she said that most likely it'll be under fifty. Both of the parents are like forty forty five, And I go, did she the person that was trying to get rid of the pig?
Speaker 2: It might be bigger, but it's really cute right now.
Speaker 3: And I'm okay if it's to be two hundred pounds, but if it does, I'm forcing her to sleep with it. Okay, Hey baby, what do I need to know?
Speaker 2: First of all?
Speaker 1: So okay, so now I have a pig for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Right, you read up on pigs. I don't know anything about pigs.
Speaker 1: You don't know anything about pigs.
Speaker 2: No, I'm a dog cat vet.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know what his name is?
Speaker 2: What is his name? Potato? That's a great name. It looks better than bacon.
Speaker 3: It looks like he has underwear on little little pants. Hi, buddy, it's okay. He's a little skittish and I don't want to I don't want to make him scared and then people yell at me for like.
Speaker 1: What your to his tail does?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 2: Pirl?
Speaker 1: You want to snort for him?
Speaker 2: He's very cute.
Speaker 3: Can you, as a vet prove to my listeners that Karl is not a person in a dog suit because everyone thinks that he's like just not a real dog.
Speaker 2: No, he's definitely a dog professional opinion.
Speaker 1: Carl's a dog, thank you? Yea wait, I like to always have my dog.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 4: He feels great, right I don't have big dogs. No, you can feel you can feel his ribs easily. But there's some fat right over him. He'll live, he'll live longer if he stays lean.
Speaker 3: You want the dogs to be lean. Ye, I mean he looks he looks big because he's.
Speaker 2: Got his for Yeah, he feels great.
Speaker 3: If you had to guess how many animals have you put down in your.
Speaker 2: Career, I don't want to guess that. Three hundred mm hm.
Speaker 1: You remember Randall?
Speaker 2: Of course? How could I forget Randall?
Speaker 1: R I p buddy, that Dylan's dog.
Speaker 2: I did. I did surgery on Randall.
Speaker 3: And then you put him down the next day. No, by the way, I don't. It's it's a weird thing for a vet to see you at You're such a vulnerable spot, and it's like they're just like, hey, buddy, I just got to do my gig here. It's just I feel so bad. And then they bring somebody with them too. By the way, he took a towel with me and never gave it back, and it was a good towel. I mean, I felt like an asshole, be like I kind of keep the towel, but he was like, oh, there's my bit. My boy is gone, and I'm just sobbing like a crazy person.
Speaker 1: It's just it is.
Speaker 2: It is the worst day.
Speaker 1: It's the worst day.
Speaker 2: By a mile.
Speaker 1: Here's this is the rule I go by. I always have pets and dogs.
Speaker 3: If they're not going to the bathroom on their own outside anymore, and stop eating and drinking. I'll give you one to two days before you snap out of that. Yeah, before we have to have the talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it really depends on is there an acute disease that you can fix or is this just I'm old and this is what my life is now. I usually tell people when they're thinking about it, pick the ten things your pet loves the most, and when they stop doing five of them, start thinking about it. Because you don't want to wait till the worst day. Yeah right, you don't want to make it to the point where I should have done this a week ago.
Speaker 3: And that's what you need. You need a vet that will just say, because these in la you've got people that will do everything to preserve life.
Speaker 2: You have no idea.
Speaker 1: I'm right, I don't, but you do. I can wrap my head around it.
Speaker 3: And I've always had you know my bad like get a second opinion, but don't do anything. You know, it's kind. That's it's almost what you need to hear. Like it's it's the kids riddled in cancer, like just knock it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah I have.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is a talk that you learned to have as a veterinarian. There's a lot of things to look at. You can give people the option of this is what we can do, this is how much longer it may buy you and how much it will cost, and you can guide people appropriately. I've had people who will mortgage their house for the hopes of one more week with their dog, and I tell them this is a terrible idea and time to let your dog go. And I've had people who have infinite money, which you get a lot around LA who's like, yeah, nah, he's had a good life. It's fine, And I'm like, all right, I have gone a little further. But I never I never questioned people once they've made the decision. I feel like it's a very personal decision and I don't want to interfere with.
Speaker 3: It, okay, But to get extremely heavy, are we on the same page with right to die for humans?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Like what are we doing in this country? Idea?
Speaker 4: Knock it off, right, I mean it's I see it routinely in my job. H And it's such a selfless gift and blessing and such a way to go respectfully.
Speaker 3: And when you see what these people are doing now, like when they like travel to Oregon or Maine or any of these states that allowed I don't know if main one of them don't have hold me on that like live there for sixty days before it's like just let people go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, if you're if you have a disease, that is going to make you just get worse from where you are, and you still have the wherewithal to say I don't want to. I can't see anything wrong with that.
Speaker 3: But I also don't understand why they don't, just like you know what, live in a place where if they don't have the means.
Speaker 1: And they I feel like I could cook up a concoction.
Speaker 2: I mean pretty easily.
Speaker 4: You don't even have to cook it up. The stuff exists. Well, no, it's great stuff.
Speaker 3: All right, let's put the recipe up on the bottom of the screen right now, by the way. You can give benadryl to a dog. Is there animal medicine that we can take tons?
Speaker 4: Okay, most of those safety studies are done on dogs, so we know what's going to work for dogs. But they take a lot of the same medications we do. Obviously, there's the abuse concerned ones. They take xanax, they take prozac, they take painkillers.
Speaker 3: You know you ever worry about those some of those alt kids dipping into your stash.
Speaker 2: Everything's locked up and computer controlled.
Speaker 4: But there are some owners who ask for refills more often than we think is necessary.
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what the fuck does flea medicine and heartworm and tick medicine only work for one month.
Speaker 4: The way many flea and tick medications work without hurting the animal. Inhibit certain functions that insects have that dogs don't, so it only lasts a certain amount of time.
Speaker 2: Some now last six months.
Speaker 4: There's some heartworm that are six months, some flea and tick that are three months. They're trying to make it easier for the owners to administer for compliance, but they don't last forever.
Speaker 3: Okay, I do trifexus. Now tell me, I already know that you probably have to answer it the right way.
Speaker 2: But okay, you used to be surprised because I don't know a lot about this.
Speaker 3: Well, you get it for a weight range, and let's just say that the weight range that my dog falls and is in the forty to sixty pound range. Okay, but I also have a ten pound dog at home. So am I going to buy two different ones?
Speaker 1: No? I never have. I just buy the forty sixty.
Speaker 3: I shave off a little for her and just give her that part because he's only forty pounds, he's at the bottom end, and I figure I'll just give you a tenth of that tablet and.
Speaker 1: Call it a day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think that will work, saving tons of money.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: I it's the same price no matter what weight you get. Yes, what's the easiest dog to work on?
Speaker 2: Pitbull? I think yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're pretty tolerant and usually very nice.
Speaker 3: I mean until they're not, which is always the scary part. My brother only has pipples.
Speaker 2: I only have pipples. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He thinks he's better than me because he rescues a piple. But I think I'm better than him because I donate way more to different shelters and things like that.
Speaker 2: You're both great, I mean yeah, but I.
Speaker 3: Think if you were, if you were to size it up, who's going to get into heaven?
Speaker 2: I'm going to go with you?
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What he's saving one dog, I'm saving thousands, that's right.
Speaker 1: What do you think is zoos?
Speaker 3: I don't bring my children to zoos because I've had this hard line on zoos for so long. Yeah, tell me I'm wrong and I can be a good dad.
Speaker 4: I think zoos serve a very important purpose, introducing kids to animals, letting them see them so that they can be advocates for them, and they're not just these imaginary things that they've talked about but never seen.
Speaker 2: But good zoos.
Speaker 4: Right, So you want zoos that don't cater to the public, that they cater to the animal. That's I've never been to San Barbara Zoo. LA Zoo doing great. They changed a lot. They've made their enclosures much larger. They have the animals on rotation so they be.
Speaker 2: Out all the time. Where's the La Zoo located right near Griffith Park? Going Santa Barba Zoo might be great?
Speaker 1: I might be, but I'm not going until like it. You're okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I'll look into it.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Where are you at on many cows?
Speaker 4: Anytime you breed for certain characteristics, you sacrifice natural characteristics. They're probably sweet. Cows are not intelligent animals?
Speaker 3: Is that why they spell things wrong on those Chick fil a commercially exactly?
Speaker 4: You think they'd learned by now. I mean, they've had so many years of practice.
Speaker 1: Where are you at on Chick fil A? You boycott it for life?
Speaker 2: For life?
Speaker 1: Such a good chicken sandwich.
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 3: I want to be with you. I want to be with you. I'm there with you, and we will not order it.
Speaker 4: I will not go there and buy it. But someone brought over the Chick fil a as to my house once, the creamy one. It's delicious, but I won't buy.
Speaker 3: It fair enough. How gross is expressing anal glands? Because it honestly sounds like the.
Speaker 2: Worst thing is it's exceptionally disgusting.
Speaker 1: What do you actually do?
Speaker 4: You stick your finger in the butt and then use your thumb to squeeze the gland between your finger or thumb. They live sort of in the muscles of the anis and squeeze gently so that the material inside it. Again, it gets squished out, ideally into a paper towel or tissue with a glove on. The problem is sometimes it squirts aggressively and can get places that you don't want it and smells terrible. And if it it just gets on you, the smell is there for the day.
Speaker 2: You can't wash around.
Speaker 1: How often do you need to do this?
Speaker 2: I never do this.
Speaker 1: How often does a dog need to?
Speaker 2: Oh? I have it? That's a great question.
Speaker 4: Most dogs, as they poop, it expresses the anal glands normally, so they shouldn't have stuff in there all.
Speaker 2: You know, some people have that done once a week for their dogs.
Speaker 1: Once a week, But.
Speaker 4: You know if it happens at my hospital, I asked my technicians to do that.
Speaker 2: That is not something I do.
Speaker 3: Can I do it at home? Can I learn how to do it?
Speaker 2: I know a lot of people who do it at home.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Carl got a new game.
Speaker 3: If he doesn't need it, it's probably not necessary to put my fingers in his butt, that's correct, But legally I'm allowed to.
Speaker 4: You can do whatever you want your own dog. I think you're not doing harm.
Speaker 2: Can't.
Speaker 4: You can't do activity as a veterinarian, so you can't sell yourself as a veterinarian if you are not a veterinarian. You probably can't do surgery on your own dog because that's doing harm and you can't do it safely.
Speaker 2: But you can groom your own dog. You don't have to be groomer. You can express anal glands, brush teeth.
Speaker 3: I don't even do the teeth. I I just pay the money.
Speaker 2: I've never rushed my dog's teeth.
Speaker 3: Well, I haven't professionally brushed once. Every three months. My old dog just has one tooth left shake. We left one tooth in so that her tongue doesn't fall out.
Speaker 2: I think it's kind of cute when their tongue.
Speaker 3: There's nothing cute about her at this age. They keep telling me that she's going to keep living, and I'm like, wellkn dog is she's a have Anees. She's fourteen. I would say the past two years full dementia.
Speaker 2: I love have an Ees. I do too.
Speaker 4: They are one of the breeds I used to recommend people get.
Speaker 3: My favorite have anes that I ever had. I used to do a show and he was on there all the time, and when he died. Where are you at on people cloning their dogs?
Speaker 2: I think it's weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, but aside from that.
Speaker 2: I think it's bad.
Speaker 3: You think it's bad, yeah, I mean, you can't create the same dog, right because dog it has to have the exact same experiences. But if it did have the exact same experiences, would it be the same dog?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: The issue that I usually have is we see people who are in some sort of trauma state and their dog is dying of something terrible, and then they want to clone it. I'm like, your dog has cancer, you want to make a new dog that has the same genetics, so you're going to create cancer again? Like this is not a smart idea.
Speaker 1: Who did it?
Speaker 3: Who's the famous woman who did a bunch of times? Barbara Streis streisand did it a bunch.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say anything bad about Barbstraps. I can't saything bad about kick that thing.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I didn't have my dog cloned, okay, but I worked on a TV show where he was always on camera, and so occasionally I would have to have a stand in for him when he wasn't around. So I had this company in China make me like fake versions of my old dog. Now the problem is I still have them and I refuse to get rid of them. Okay, but it literally is people that see this like, oh my goodness, that's that's your old castro. It's just and if it's in my house, like I'll just get.
Speaker 2: Oh double take. Yeah, it's actually really good.
Speaker 1: I can't get rid of it yet.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I'm not getting rid of it yet, but I keep it in a box under my table.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I always give people that are my show gifts, but it's just stuff that I don't want at my house.
Speaker 4: Okay, great, So it's now it's going to be stuff I don't want in my house. Correct, Great, but it'll have emotional value for me.
Speaker 1: This I'm pretty sure I was supposed to return. I never did.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That great.
Speaker 3: You give that to your next customer for free instead of gouging of eighty bucks. By the way, the soft one is so much nicer the velcrow than the hard plastic one that jabs them so hard into the neck. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, a soft one like this that won't bend is fine. That.
Speaker 4: The problem is when people get the soft ones that bend and then the dog can chew it the incision that I just spend so much time making pretty and tear it apart.
Speaker 3: But if your dog doesn't lick the incision at all, you don't need it at all.
Speaker 2: Correct. Wow, that is not a question to ask, assurgeon.
Speaker 3: I mean, because I've had a dog that like, wasn't gonna lick it. I'm like, well, why am I putting this on you? You're not going for it at all?
Speaker 2: It's great?
Speaker 3: No, Okay, I hear what you're doing. Give that off my desk please.
Speaker 2: Okay. Do you play games at your cabin? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you play Monopoly?
Speaker 2: Deal? Uh? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you know the game Monopoly deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, you have it.
Speaker 2: I don't have it. Friends always brand.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is my old deck. I have a new deck in my house. Thank you so much, the best game of Put this in your cabin. Okay, I also got you a cabin book.
Speaker 1: This a really a dog. It's a good photo.
Speaker 3: I don't know how many coffee table books you're supposed to own, but my wife is coffee table books are basically art for people that can't afford real art, is what I'm learning, because we just have so many of them, right And I'm like, so anyway, I just took one today. I'm like, oh, here's one of the that's about dog. Put this in your cabin and we'll see if my wife ever knows that one book out of eight hundred disappeared.
Speaker 2: And you know what else.
Speaker 3: The thing is, I don't look at them because when I do look at them, you break the spine. And now it's not a pretty coffee table book anymore.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's a book.
Speaker 1: Get that off my desk.
Speaker 2: Get that off the desk.
Speaker 3: I bought this one time, thinking a sound thing would be a good thing. A training mechanism for the dog. But what I realized was I'm torturing the other pets in the house. Everyone gets tortured, right, So I'm like, I can't have this fucking thing. I'm just trying to tell Carl to shut up for one second.
Speaker 2: No, you need the ones that have like a vibrating caller.
Speaker 1: Right, I got that one. This one has electric and vibrating.
Speaker 3: I've turned this thing up to twenty where I think it would fry a chicken, and Carl just thinks it's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like aah, just keeps sparking at it. So I'm like, oh, I don't want that anymore. Are you giving all these torture devices to me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well this I don't know. Maybe you hand it to somebody.
Speaker 2: Just told me that was a multiple animal torture dice.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: You know how to responsibly regift something. Look, I even have the paperwork still fantastic. Can I guarantee it?
Speaker 1: Just get rid of it please. Those are all the gifts that I brought.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 3: For a second, I was like, oh, I'm gonna give them one of my stand in fake clone dog stuffed animals. That's sweet, and I go, I can't do it. I can't get rid of it yet. Hey, they say you recently had an injury while skiing. Yeah, so how long are you going to milk this thing?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it was a pretty bad injury.
Speaker 1: When was it?
Speaker 2: May fifth? Sin good mile?
Speaker 1: Oh why are you skiing so late into the season.
Speaker 4: I mean it's Mammoth goes on forever and it had actually dumped ten inches a night before. It was a great, great powder day. I raced in the morning in a boarding for breast cancer race. I was the only skier in my division, so I won congratulations. Then the top pop, so I went up to the top. I had four great runs off the top and then fifth run, missed a turn on a tough run, tumbel down the mountain, broke my right knee and a couple of bones in my back before before coming to a rest on the mountain.
Speaker 2: I had knee.
Speaker 3: Surgery that night in Mammoth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh no, no, they've got good orthopedic surgeons there ends all the time. I was laid up for two months like not moving and then slowly rehabbing back.
Speaker 1: So you're buying your pass for this year.
Speaker 2: It already bought opening days of ever fifteenth.
Speaker 1: Are you good?
Speaker 2: I'll ski, there's no question, will you?
Speaker 1: Will you dial it.
Speaker 2: Back whatever my knee lets me do, all right?
Speaker 3: But you don't want to put your I mean knees and backs sort of things that you kind of want to, you know.
Speaker 2: Take care of on some the back held up real nice.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get into this, yes, because I'm I ride, I snowboard, I'll cross country as well. But I had to move to Tahoe over Mammoth because this is this is going to get me in trouble.
Speaker 1: The people Mammoth eh a bit much.
Speaker 4: In what way? I don't know, too grungey for you, yep, yep. So that's why I love Mammoth. But you know, the mountain's great, the season is long, it's far enough away from LA that it doesn't get super busy maybe on the weekends, and it's easy, you know for me, it's a five hour drive.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, hold on, we didn't talk about this. You're glutting to die. Do you have your pilot's license or you're getting.
Speaker 2: It getting my pilot's license?
Speaker 1: Why you love it?
Speaker 4: Flying is very exciting, scary, but the main mission is to get to Mammoth faster.
Speaker 1: We were gonna buy like a little Sessna.
Speaker 2: Looking at a Cerus.
Speaker 4: So you need a turbo to get to be able to take off and land in the summer Mammoth just because of the elevation, and.
Speaker 3: He landing an elevation is tricky from what I know in the trucky airport. You know, I know a few people that have had some mishaps, and yeah, the.
Speaker 4: Air density is a lot less, so you're the performance of your plane is reduced.
Speaker 1: One time I had a pilot tell me.
Speaker 3: He's like, he's like, we'll just just fly into Reno then, man, if you're worried about it, And I go, yeah, but I don't want to drive an extra hour.
Speaker 4: And he's like, but you don't want to die, right, But if I die, it's kind of like, all right, well, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 1: No, but if I don't die, then I have to drive an hour and I'm mad.
Speaker 2: You'd be happy that you're a life.
Speaker 3: You get my point. I do listen, you're becoming a pilot just so your commute is short.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 4: There's an airport in Bishop which is about forty minutes away, So that's the option if you can't land at Mammoth.
Speaker 2: But what a pain in the ass.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, well listen, Adam, thank you for being on the show.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it, pleasure. I had a great time, and.
Speaker 1: I hope one day you can fly me up to Tahoe.
Speaker 2: We'll go over.
Speaker 1: Man, Hey, look at those folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we'll ride together and talkho. That'll be fine. Done, all right, thank you, thank you very much for sciate it.
Speaker 3: Yep, Casha, Hey, I want to thank Adam for being on the show. Carl, he says you're in tip top shape, and I believe him. Now, if he said, hey, we could get Carl in tip top shape, but it's gonna cost five thousand dollars, I would be like, oh, think it's time we have a serious talk. I'm kidding, Carl. I couldn't put a price tag on what I would spend to keep you healthy.
Speaker 1: I mean I could.
Speaker 2: It's about five thousand.
Speaker 1: Now that pig, I don't know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm gonna do if he starts tipping the scales upwards of fifty pounds and it keeps climbing currently, you know, under eight under eight pounds.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens. But uh, thanks adding for being on the show. That was very nice.
Speaker 3: We got some plugs, boys wear Pink dot com. Pick yourself up some toddler gear for the holidays. Tossshowstore dot com. Carl guess what our merch for Toss Show the number one seller Carl t shirt. Okay, and that money, it goes right into your pocket. Now we're gonna be adding new stuff to that real soon. I'd like to get a trucker cap, maybe a beanie Eddie's tour go to his website. Go to our website for my tour dates. Got some Vegas new dates coming up, going to head to the East coast. Oh, I'm gonna be on the East coast. Gonna do the Midwest as well. In twenty twenty five. Now it's time for the free plug go ahead. I like that you're indifferent. Okay, the free plug music. Wrap it up, all right, wrap it up, free plug music. You're still going the most expensive thing about the free plug free plug music. We got to get our money's work. They're just gonna let her keep jamming. Do you like music Carl. All right, today's free plug. This Friday, November fifteenth. If you're anywhere between Madison Milwaukee and you want to enjoy the best catch on Lake Koshkanong, come to the Wisconsin Friday Fish Fry at Koshkanong Mounds Country Club.
Speaker 2: Man. I love a fish fry.
Speaker 1: What kind of fish is in.
Speaker 3: Kosh Kanong Walley? You think they got a freshwater salmon? Probably trout. They definitely got trout. That sounds good. Well, anyway, the clubhouse bar opens at eleven A dinner is served from four to nine pm. Reservations are recommended, but not mandatory. Hey, full menu will be available.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: You know some people don't like fish and they're gonna way. Hey, you know I like your t bone. You think they have a t bone there on the menu. Yeah, they got a t bone. I used to want people to call me t bones. You guys, guys started calling me t bone bone. Hey, all right, let me get back to this out plug. Also, you'll be pleased to know that the Lake View upgrade project has already taken down the wooden fence behind the wedding lawn, along with many dead trees, so the view is even better now Wow, that's the Wisconsin Friday Fish Fry on Lake Koshkonong.
Speaker 1: See you next week, guys,