Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: We have a new NBA champ.
Speaker 3: The OKC Thunder take down the Indiana Pacers one to three to ninety seven to win their first championship. The celebration is going ongoing. Shay is probably gonna win the MVP. Great series. It goes seven game Tyres Halliburton goes down late in the first quarter, and you know, and I think that everybody's gonna say they had Halle. Maybe the outcomes we would have been different, but we'll never know. The OKC Thunder cap off a great regular season, sixty eight wins in the regular season and they take home the championship one oh three ninety one over the Pacers four to three, seven game series. What an our standing game. We have a jam packed show for you tonight. Y'all know me. I am your favorite m Shannon Shark, my partner and co hosts Liberty City's own Bengal Ring of Fame Outerie Pro Bowler All Pro. That's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson, the third member of our team, University of Arkansas lum Arkansas native body raised her he yells Iso Joe Johnson and joining us to cap off this championship week y'all knowing University of Charlotte Finals MVP of nineteen eighty one Series four two win over the Houston Rockets.
Speaker 2: Here years, ladies, Gentleman Cedric Cornbread and.
Speaker 4: I really felt it was. It was a great series. Nobody picked Indiana. Indiana deserved so much more credit. But you know, when you lose your best player.
Speaker 5: Chad would tell you lose your.
Speaker 4: Best player that early in the game, you were never able to recome. I don't care what happened that. It was more like it was at the end of the game. That's that's gonna have. My buddy Terry On kept telling them that, no, no, they're gonna lose the best player that can still win. When you lose your best player, this hardness held me. I got to use one of the chance. The goddamn man got hurt. That's what he did. Goddamn hurt.
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, Brad corn Red, I'm glad you. I'm glad you said that, and and and that.
Speaker 4: That speaks to the fact that obviously Joe and I had a bet on I'm not sure if we put any money.
Speaker 6: Uh, we put a wage on him. But honestly, Joe, if you're a real one, if you're a real one.
Speaker 5: The fact that I got hurt, Let me, let let me, let me stay, stay with me.
Speaker 1: Damn if you're real, if you was a real one, the fact that the pacers were handicapped and Halliburton got hurt.
Speaker 5: You taking my money knowing that the pace was handed.
Speaker 2: And I guess, I guess I ain't a real one. Oh Joe, I need run it run. Ain't trying to hear that pread?
Speaker 5: What are you talking about talking about?
Speaker 2: You know what, Joe, what you're doing?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 3: Hey, remember you bring over got Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Ran up, you get through the we we got here. Please please make sure you hit that subscribe but please make sure you hit the like button. And guys, go subscribe to the Nightyard podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you for joining us. We really appreciate your support. You've been with us fans for the last two years. You guys roll with OO and our thinking thin last year. Our basketball analyst with Gail this year is Joe. Hopefully we can get Joe back again. Bread chined in three or four times for us, and we greatly appreciate everybody, and we appreciate you tuning in to watch each and that every one of these guys. Please make sure you check out Shape by Laportier. We do have it in stock now. If you can't find it any city or state near you ordered online, we'll ship it directly to your door.
Speaker 2: The best tasting vso p Kangyak on the market.
Speaker 3: Please drink responsibility, stay safe, Go follow my media company page on all of its platforms, Shay Shep Media and my clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they are gone. But uh, all right, So Joe had a big win today. We'll talk about that a little later. But okay, See wins his first championship. Now they do have a championship. They left the Seattle name up in Seattle. They did win a championship. What was that seventy.
Speaker 5: Denis Johnson was there, so Gun.
Speaker 2: The Wizard, Jack Sigmua, Barvin Webster.
Speaker 5: There was some bad boys.
Speaker 3: But ok see caps off for a great regular season, sixty eight wins in the regular season, and they finish it off the way they were supposed to.
Speaker 2: They have the MVP of the league and Shae Gilgers.
Speaker 3: And they win it one O three to ninety one, four to three, seven game series.
Speaker 2: Uh, Joe, I'm gonna go to you first. I thought the series.
Speaker 3: I thought the game turn in the third quarter seven turnovers by Pacers, none by the Thunder thirty four to twenty. If you do a better job of taking care of the basketball. I thought they got out of rebound. I mean it was simple stuff. You know, you're going around the two break and you let the guy punch the ball out from the back, you get the rebound, and then all of a sudden you lose it out of bound on you on your own. You can't have careless turnovers like that. As Brad said, when you're under man your best player is down you nearly You need to play a damn near perfect ball game, and the one thing you can't do is turn the ball over. Joe, when you saw this early in the game, Tyre's Halliburton seemed like he had it going early three D threes, was playing extremely well.
Speaker 2: But we talked about this.
Speaker 3: I said, man, we gotta be careful with this calf because the same thing they said about kd Oh.
Speaker 2: It's this calf.
Speaker 3: It's his calf, and you saw him with to make that certain burst and then all of a sudden, you could see it when they showed it slow much into the replay that they roll up, and it's very, very unfortunate. He's probably gonna be gone until the twenty twenty sixth season because it happened so late.
Speaker 2: He's not coming back.
Speaker 3: But Okay, see Joe, they were the best team from start to finish, and they feel that they did it was Hey, look, it's been a great series.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: First off, we gotta give we got to get a PACER's credit.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm talking about throughout the whole postseason Ocho Bred.
Speaker 2: You know, they've been obviously resilient.
Speaker 3: They've been counted out and still been kicking and finding ways to win ball games. I felt it was gonna be tough for him to win this game when Halliburg went out, But I thought he came out aggressive and you know, uh, Indiana came out like they you know, like.
Speaker 2: They knew what time it was. I thought him got him was pretty aggressive.
Speaker 3: They were making shots and it was a Tito title game early and like you said that, in that third quarter, all of a sudden, you lose it out of battle on your own. You can't have careless turnovers like that. If Brad said, when you're under man, your best player is down you nearly. You need to play a damn near perfect ball game, and the one thing you can't do is turn the ball over. Joe, when you saw this early in the game, Tyree's Halliburton seemed like he had it going early. Three D three was playing extremely well. But we talked about this. I said, man, we gotta be careful with this calf, because the same thing they said about kd oh, it's his Calf's his calf, and you saw him with to make that certain burst and then all of a sudden, you can see it when they showed it slow much into the replay report, you see that thing roll up, and it's very, very unfortunate. He's probably gonna be gone until the twenty twenty sixth season because it happened so late.
Speaker 2: He's not coming back.
Speaker 4: But uh.
Speaker 3: Okay, see Joe, they were the best team from start to finish, and they finished it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah they did. It was Hey, look it's been a great series. Man.
Speaker 3: First off, we gotta give we got to get a pace of credit. You know, I'm talking about throughout the whole postseason, O Joe. You know, they've been obviously resilient. They've been counted out and still been kicking and finding ways to win ball games. I felt it was gonna be tough for him to win this game when Halliburt went. But I thought he came out aggressive and you know, uh Indiana came out like they you know, like they knew what time it was.
Speaker 5: I thought him Yakam was pretty aggressive.
Speaker 3: They were making shots and it was a Tito title game early and like you said in that in that third quarter, the separation was they beat him thirty two to ten off points off turnovers. Okay See had thirty two points off their turnovers, and I think that was that was the biggest difference of the game. But give okay See a lot of credit. They did what they had to do. They closed him out on their home court. Man, it was a great series, fellas a great series.
Speaker 4: I can't believe you then glory to God when you were about seeing all that. That's how he always thought that you glory to God.
Speaker 5: You didn't even go there.
Speaker 4: I think it was it was a tremendous series. It was a series I think Carlile coached his ass off. I think, man, Jim McConnell was what Joe would say, Joe, he was a water bug.
Speaker 5: And I know I can hear you.
Speaker 4: I know you and your damn your house as somebody.
Speaker 5: I know that's what happened, Oh Joe.
Speaker 4: When when games go like this, to me, it's almost scripted at the end.
Speaker 5: Okay, see had nothing.
Speaker 4: I mean, I look at Indiana, had nothing to loose, They had nothing to lose. They played early, they played well early, but you could see the bubble that all the air just squabbed the bubble. When when it happened and the entry, the same thing happened with the Celtics went take them with them. It was just a matter of time before the team was over.
Speaker 5: Great O Joe, Man, I'm hurt. Huh, I'm hurt.
Speaker 4: Obviously Halliburton coming out of aggressive as as he did, I really felt and I I wholeheartedly really felt good, not just about this game, but about them coming away with that win.
Speaker 5: And I think that would have been the outcome had he not gotten hurt. T J.
Speaker 6: McConnell played very well. See I can played very well, and the fact once he went down, they were still competed. Uh, they still compete.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: They didn't get the game very close, but the turnovers it hurt. And not only did the turnovers hurt, they scored. I mean, the thunderwa able to score points on those turnovers. And I mean, it is what it is. I'm just I'm just kind of sad. I'm kind of sad because I thought Joe was a better friend in fact that the paces were handicapped, and he still is willing to take take that money from me, you know, it just I mean it is Hey, hey.
Speaker 3: Joe, Joe telling you lose your job. The mortgage company still want they paid. Hello, Hello, yeah, they still want Hey. Look I understand, you know. So unfortunately has happened, Oh Joe, but I gotta tell you, bro, I'm sorry, but they ain't got nothing to do with me.
Speaker 2: You and me? Yeah got you? Yeah to no one surprise.
Speaker 3: Shaye was just named Finals MVP, so he's the regular season MVP Western Conference MVP Finals MVP average thirty points, five and a half, persists, one point almost two steals a game, one of the half blocked shots per game, and he's only twenty six years of age.
Speaker 6: I'm glad you just said that. Now, think about everything he just named off. He's won a ring already. He was the MVP this season. Now, we talked about this a very very long time all throughout the NBA season.
Speaker 4: You said you would take joke of SGA now yeah still ring? Yeah, would you still take would you still take still?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because your kids got a ring too, You remember your kids did all that time.
Speaker 4: I want to see if if your mind is yeah, yeah, okay, okay, that's not the and that's not to take away anything from uh from Shaye. Yes, sir, he's a phenomenal player, ye, but I mean you talked about I mean and you like really splitting hairs. So you're looking at Shane, You're looking at your kids, You're looking at Gianni's.
Speaker 3: I think I think those are the three best players. Maybe you sprinkling luc or something when he's helthy going. But Shaye, I mean to be twenty six years of age. They brought him in. He's you know, kind of learned under Chris Paul and then they turned the bread they turned the organization over to a kid that.
Speaker 4: Was But here's the thing you say, and when you talk to Old Chow, the supporting cast, you look at the best supporting cast. At the end of the day, you can look at, Okay, see what the supporting cast. B new Dog looked like he should have been playing with the with the Cleveland Browns, the where he was knocking guys that way.
Speaker 5: He was saying to the thing.
Speaker 4: The big question we're gonna talk about Leon, gentlemen, is this we you talk about three guys.
Speaker 5: Who were the m vps.
Speaker 4: When they were with the Thumbler, they couldn't get it done, Hardened Westbrook and the Rent they couldn't get it done. But now they've gone to a smaller, more effective lineup, not this biggest stars, but they still won. But those three guys to talk about that that supporting cast they had that they should have won one or two.
Speaker 3: They getting that James hard You remember they went to the championship, they lost to the Heat and then the next year, for five million dollars, they let James Harden go to the Rockets And that was kind of the beginning.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna talk about this a little later.
Speaker 3: Every last one of those guys that started in OKC, somehow found a way to get to get to the rockets. You know, it started with Hard, then Russ and now KD. So we're getting that a little later. But you're absolutely right because you look at these two teams, what do they have bench play? Yeah, the bench players play extremely well. They're a very deep team. You look at Obi top and then played well tonight, but he normally plays well.
Speaker 2: But you got mattpron he gave me twenty four. TJ.
Speaker 3: McConnell gave you sixteen, So that's forty points. You got forty two points from your bench. You really can't complain like that about that. Mcconall just didn't have a good gut. He played well offensively, but the turnovers, he had a lot of careless turnovers. To night he had seven, they had twenty one. They had seven turnovers in the third quarter when Okac really opened up the game. I mean, because they would have a one point lead and all of a sudden, you start the fourth quarter and you're down thirteen. So you go from plus one to minus thirteen. And a large part had to do with the turnovers. You lost the turnover battle in that they did a great job of taking care of it and you know this is how OKAC played. They're very active with their hands, especially at home. That crowd is rockers, and you just got killless with the basketball. Okay, see this season number one in that rating, number two all time first and defensive rating third, offensive rating, second youngest championship team in NBA history, only behind the nineteen seventy seven Portland Trail Blaze you led by.
Speaker 5: You didn't mentioned one guy.
Speaker 4: Who would sparticularly effective in that thing, and it was really Alex Gruss. Nobody's gonna talk about the ball Egle. I know, Shannon, that hurts you because the you spell a fakir over there when the ket me out. But Thomas Caruso was huge for them defensively, offensively, he is able to shut the do and really contain guys, and he made the extremely tough for them, especially talking about those steals he was on that steel thing.
Speaker 3: On Hey, unc Brid, I think y'all made great points, especially about they bench.
Speaker 2: You know the others that they played well.
Speaker 3: Obviously, you know the more likely whoever bench plays well, they team win. But to me, if you look at Chick Hombridge, I think he was averaging eleven points throughout this throughout this finals run. Tonight he had eighteen points, a rebounds, five blocks, and he was six to eighth from the field, very efficient, So probably his best game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: If he plays well plus Shay and you got Wigans playing well, it's hard to beat them. They just hadn't got consistent play from check Homeridge, you know what I mean. So if he if he give him five blocks, he giving you eighteen or twenty two points a night. And I think that's his next that's his next ceiling to where he can be consistent on a nine to night basis with these guys. That's what's gonna make him a dynasty and make them hard to be But you know, think about this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Joe, No that hold on you before you go cornbread. I mean, Joe, listen, you talk about dynasty right now after after the team don't The one way to have a dynasty right is to be able to keep your core group coople guys together.
Speaker 5: Now they just win a championship.
Speaker 4: Now what happens if you have players that deserve and want to get paid, that don't want to stay there because they's no shades getting getting ready to get paid.
Speaker 5: So players are gonna how you how you're gonna say, dynasty gonna change.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't get that feeling from Okay, seeing those guys. He's a close knitch group. And I think when when you win, oh, Joe, you have to go in the luxury tat. You know, everybody gets paid. That's you know what I mean. They're a small market. But the fact that they don't want you mean to tell me you're gonna let one of these cornerstone guys get out of here?
Speaker 5: You can't.
Speaker 4: You know, it's good, it's good to say, Joe, but them dead president, they changed your mind.
Speaker 5: A lot of times.
Speaker 4: They ain't looking at they might think that they might say that, but when you're talking about that luxury taxis you're paying the guy ten million, but now it projects out that you're paying in thirty go in the year now. Teams give a chance in their minds. Sometimes they have they might want to pull back. I just like that when you talk about dynasties. I look away. Just last year what people said about the Celtics, the Celtics is gonna win the championship.
Speaker 5: Begin with Tail and Brown and all those players. What happened? They didn't win.
Speaker 4: This is this is whether and and the NBA loves it and the fact that you have different teams winning championships because it promotes all this just equal LIQORATD among the teams.
Speaker 3: The fans don't like it though, because the thing you have read, the fans in the NBA are different than the fans of the NFL because small market team, Pittsburgh, small market, but they got ravenous fans and they've been cheering for the Steelers for fifty to sixty years. Green Bay, small market, been cheering up TV years. The NBA don't have that. You gotta go La, you gotta go to New York, you gotta go Boston, you gotta go to these Chicago, these massive markets to get a following with because if not, it's just regional. Because think about it, your grandfather ready for the Steelers.
Speaker 2: And so when he had kids and they moved away.
Speaker 3: They don't live in Pittsburgh, they're somewhere else, but they're still Stealer fans. Green Bay. They don't live in Green Bay. They're still Packer fans though. The Cowboys they just so that's how it has to be. But I think the thing is what the NBA can do the players, the team, Oh, show that you're on Joe and Brad.
Speaker 5: You know this. I can give you that extra. I can give you that fifty year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get hey, you go somewhere else, you gonna go get far. I can give you five full of guarantee. Now do you want four years and one sixty or do you want five years?
Speaker 5: And you need to say that about small market teams lived here?
Speaker 4: What is what was Miami? Is that a small market? And let's talk about its san Antonio? What's that a small market?
Speaker 2: Those?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they don't do no rating teams and the ratings, but for those lady were terrible. Go look at look at Sandy Tonio. Look at Sandy Tonio when they play. Look and they had great. Look at you had you had, you had Parker, you had you nobly. It's it's different NFL market small markets versus.
Speaker 5: NBA small I give you that. I look at Miami. Is Miami a small market?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, it's not like like, well I'm look at small markets. I'm looking at like Indy, I'm looking at I'm looking at like uh people.
Speaker 5: Okay right now, and you're talking about them.
Speaker 4: Some of the most spare weather fans I ever saw in my last go to the Way in Miami.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh yeah, for sure, I mean yes, but the market them keepers not the game early, oh Joe, then not the game early, and then when only hit the shot that wasted to get to ask game.
Speaker 5: Small market in your loyalty and this heat culture.
Speaker 2: I believe what jannet for bread bread, But you know how it's worked now. It's the same thing with l A.
Speaker 3: If you don't win, them fans not coming because there's too much to do. See when they're gonna do what? Live's your question? What else are you gonna do it? Okay, s what else are you gonna do it? In the besides go to a damn basketball game? But watch the Indianapolis five hundred. So now in Miami, I got the beach, oh Joe, I got South Beach.
Speaker 2: I got so much I can do La Bred. You know how much is going on.
Speaker 3: So if you don't win in those markets, oh bro, I ain't coming here.
Speaker 5: Lit the only people that will go.
Speaker 6: We talk about hardcore fans, fans that you win and losing, that they will die and ride by you whether you win, they're losing. But when it comes to Miami or with any of the big market teams, the New York LA's, the Miami's, maybe maybe Houston, I'm.
Speaker 5: Not sure if you can Chicago, Chicago another one. And the fans ain't coming.
Speaker 4: They're not sitting through that, They're not spending their harder and money, especially in this goddamn economy. You mean to tell you the economy messed up and we losing.
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 3: Uh, it's saying small markets New Orleans, Okay, See Milwaukee, San Antonio, Utah, Indiana, Charlotte.
Speaker 5: Hey does that change?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 3: Young?
Speaker 4: For TV markets? We talked about TV markets, Now I got you. I have a question too.
Speaker 6: Also, yes with okay, like where people always want to go and play no matter what. They love to go play in Houston, they love to go play in Miami, they love going play in LA.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Does does the thunder and EDG winning the championship? Does that ex suit us from the outside want to go playing?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: See, there's only one thing. What else abody gonna do that? If I don't go so other? What other pro sporting of it? Can I go to an Oklahoma city? Besides see in Miami?
Speaker 2: I can go?
Speaker 3: Can I go see something. Can I see footballs? Can I see the mab go to the rodeo?
Speaker 5: Shenley, go to the.
Speaker 2: Rodeo?
Speaker 3: Remember San Aytonio have to hit the road every year. Bread they got the goto. What's your color? Coming to rodeo? Coming through Indiana. So it's like Milwaukee. What else are you gonna do with Milwaukee besides go see the Bucks, flate, go to the Harty Day with some museum. If so, there's only I mean when people have families and kids, they don't just want to like, hey, hey babe, I ma home, what are we gonna do tonight? Everything's boarded up. I mean, you got kids, they want to do stuff, and it's cold. They can't do anything after September Day? Inside? How did Pittsburgh you such your problem? This is such a small market, and you talk about the NFL, But how do they do it? Considering that what you gonna do ain't nothing. You got the Pirates, You got the Pirates, and you got and you got and you got the Steelers. And when the Steelers came up, the Steelers thanks about the early seventies, they dominated, and so now they're they're putting that imprint on you. Man, the Steelers, Man the Steelers, the Steelers, the Steelers, and so kids that had kids, they grew up Steelers fans. I grew up a Steelers fans. My mom was a Steelers fan because they're always on TV. Same thing with the Raiders. Oakland Oakland small, it's small, but they that's all you saw. And so once you got an age and you had kids, what do kids do? Take you to the game. Hey, they got a Cubs jersey on, or they got a Celtics jersey on. If so, you just it just passes down, passes down. I like it. I look, Brad, you said the NBA like this. But we've seen we haven't seen anything like this. Seven consecutive different champs. We don't see anything this endiculous series. They weren't Love Island. Love Island got better ratings.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna keep it a stack with y'all.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, hey, it was a good series. Hey Chad, don't they don't get up Sam with the chat. But I'm just saying, look, love that bread. That really happened. Let me give you a stat right here. J dubbed this season he was an All Star, All Defense, All NBA and he's a champion. He's the youngest player since Kobe Brandt to achieved all four of those in the same season.
Speaker 2: This is what Scottie Pippen said about Jayleen Williams.
Speaker 3: Uh. I don't even want to put a cap on him and say that he's going to be me. I see him being greater if I can say that, just because where the game is today, the h they have offensive freedom.
Speaker 2: We didn't have that. We mostly ran out of a system.
Speaker 3: These guys have the freedom to shoot the three balls and do things of that nature. Players are playing in today's game have a chance to be better than players in the past because of the ability to shoot the ball. Wow wow, somebody said it. Oh no, But anyway, if this kid continued to shoot the three ball the way he shoots, I'm going to sit here and say and argue with nobody, say he can't he can compare to us, because you can't.
Speaker 2: He wins.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Joe, let let Joe, let Joe try me. First thing, you go brand and then oh Joe, here, what you gotta say, Joe?
Speaker 2: You muted? Can you? I mean out?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man. I agree with Pipling saying because back in his day. You know they played with two traditional bigs. Yeah now and today's game especially Okay, see they don't have nobody posting up siously, you know those guys are picking pop guys and Jade up and Shaye. They kind of get to they get free will as supposed to when they shoot how they want to sho shoot so they can give it to you.
Speaker 2: However they won't.
Speaker 3: I think that the game is a lot more wide open now, and yes, you they do have a lot more freedom than guys had back back when Scotty was playing.
Speaker 5: Uh Joe, I.
Speaker 4: Think the game is tailor made for you right now because it is an ISO game.
Speaker 5: It is one on one game, and.
Speaker 4: If you are a guy can put the ball on the floor, you can score up from the outside.
Speaker 5: It's almost impossible to stop you.
Speaker 4: There's found that I played when we had Michel Parrish, myself Berg we were post up guys and we stayed right on that block, so we getdn't.
Speaker 5: We weren't trying to trick you.
Speaker 4: We're just gonna beat the hell out of you in the damn post that nobody.
Speaker 5: Nobody doubt say anymore shit anymore.
Speaker 4: It's a dead game. So because of that the game has changed so much in a way. And Scotty, I appreciate Scotty giving up up like that, but I team wouldn't like to see. And this is Joe and old Joe, and I would love to see what would happened if he had been playing during the eighties when guys were throwing his ass to the ground. Now, what all this all this? He's getting you up in the air, faking you doing all this stuff. You know how to truck played like that? The tray used to play two fouls. One guy will hit you, and what's if the other guy free?
Speaker 5: You know what, Joe? That gave the other guy freedom to knock the hell other.
Speaker 4: So so he would take another special guy. And I'm not taking away from what Shake does. I'm really not, but I'd like to see what he do with hand checking. Joe, there you played in I'd like to see what he would do right now when it came to hard fire. You think you see some of these files they called to day the guy said lay for a foul when the guy brushed in the hit and then during my particular ror, they would have laughed at your ass like, no, you ain't bleeding when your eyes say, now, oh Joe, if you ain't, if you ain't missing a tooth or nothing, you won't believe from the nose.
Speaker 5: They're gonna call him that. So I would love to know how Shay. I'm not taking away anything from no hatred.
Speaker 4: I love to see how they played during the physical game, the way it was played during that time.
Speaker 6: Hey right, I like what Pippen said, Uncle Joe and bred I like what he said. But the funny thing about it is there's certain players regards to error, regards to era based on skill setting, DNA and what they bring to the table in that specific era. With regards of what are you put certain individuals in they're gonna succeed regardles of how the game truth, whether it's in the eighties, whether it's in the nineties, whether in the two thousand, or whether it's now.
Speaker 5: A player like HG eight he will thrive.
Speaker 6: He will still thrive and just adapt to the circumstance and the environment and the style of playing which they played if he was in the eighties or in the nineties when they were a lot more physical.
Speaker 4: The same thing goes with pipping. It's hard to compare errors. You really can't do it. You can't, era, UNC, when you played football, the rule change, the rule change exactly, the rule changes.
Speaker 6: Obviously, you think about the game of basketball, right, everything is ice on now.
Speaker 5: Back then the Jordan era, the Pipping era.
Speaker 4: They played with two bigs back in your day, UNC, God damn, look at the yards you got.
Speaker 5: You gotta goddamn Jackson got a bus in the Hall of Fame, and god damn.
Speaker 2: Ken.
Speaker 5: Right, and you've played during the Running Game era.
Speaker 6: Imagine if you played right now, you and your prime and they throwing the ball twenty million times every goddamn game.
Speaker 4: Deal level, Ken, you left from that, you're about to get them pay or something bright down.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, I see I.
Speaker 3: See them guys making the tight ends, making seventeen eighteen a year.
Speaker 2: I do see that.
Speaker 3: Hey, uh, I mean just goes to show you just how well the thunder to play defense. Indiana shot the ball better from the field, better from the three point line, better from the free throw line, and they out rebounded them. But they had one glaring stat They triple them up and turnovers twenty one to seven. That is the difference in the ball game.
Speaker 4: Will kill you in any game you play and I don't care what's for the days you played football, you turn that ball over. You played basket and you turn it over, and it's going to be a recipe for you to lose, because those are wasted opportunities. A lot of people laughed when they talked about the self excusing at threes, and I talked to Jae Mizzula about this.
Speaker 5: He said, Max, I rather formed to shoot the.
Speaker 4: Three, then turn the damn ball over, because that therefore you wouldn't get the shop opportunity.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, damn, that does make sense.
Speaker 4: Though you at least you shoot it, you get an opportunity to go in. But when you turn the ball over in a live situation, your defense is lopsided, gone back the other way, and it just kills you. And you can see it hurt Indiana all day.
Speaker 5: T J. Mccollos was a smart player, Joe.
Speaker 4: They surprised me when he crossed the court at that time at half court and it got double.
Speaker 2: And he pushed the ball out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you're smarter than that. You ain't. It's a point guard. You ain't spost to cross that getting.
Speaker 3: Pinned on the sideline. He got kept he kept getting pinned in the corner. He's only so tall, so when they come with a double team, he's not getting out of that because you can't feel over him. Hey look, you had to know that he was gonna make some mistake. Guys, they asked an awful lot of him. You know what they did went down, so he probably he ain't accustomed to play. He since the first quarter. Tyreeves went down in the first quarter, and now TJ had to step in and be the guy against the starters.
Speaker 2: He ain't going against their backup.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Now he's going against j Doub, he's going against Door, He's going He's end up with the trees with Chat.
Speaker 2: So it's a difference you're asking him to do. You asking him to be TJ.
Speaker 3: But I need more of that from you, and I need you to give it to me against their war they're red, Joe.
Speaker 5: Let me let me ask you this, Joe.
Speaker 4: Some of them players you used to play with when you're winning on your team and they be talking all that ship and then they getting the.
Speaker 2: Game and need a real game.
Speaker 5: You go, man, what's happen? Hey?
Speaker 3: Hey? They want be damn questions touch for you? Hey, hey, hey, look hey, bread o Joe. Let me tell you something. I was in college, man, I'm telling you, when I first got the campus, I wanted to play in the hype.
Speaker 2: That's where everybody used to play it.
Speaker 3: And I had dudes on my team bro average two point three points a game. Who in the hype looking like Jordan? You're so once that pop going on, the popping and them lights come on.
Speaker 5: I'm like, damn, what happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he ain't the same no more, it ain't the same with them lights come on.
Speaker 4: That pop said the right thing. It's DNA base. It is for some people and it's showing for some other people. The damn big lights come on, and they damn put a little bit more brother on the damn pop corn something.
Speaker 5: These people are gonna fold like a damn chip that.
Speaker 3: It's funny that y'all say that, because my Frenchman, we had a guy there was roommates and one of the guys who was the started wide receiver.
Speaker 2: His roommate go tell the coach.
Speaker 3: He's like, Coach, if you gave me some run, I can catch just as good as my roommate. I can catch just as good as this guy. Sure enough, Coach put him in the game. Drop everything.
Speaker 2: He threw it.
Speaker 3: Coach after the game, he say, son, you came to my office and tell me you better than Barney. We put you in the game, he put him on blast. Your roommate, I'm better than him. You have told the coach I'm better than my roommate. He put you in the game. You lay an egg, and then the coach called you out. For everybody in your room and sitting there looking at you.
Speaker 4: Out you go, all that talking, all damn noise. Oh till you've seen enough of that, all the damn guys, back you up. Just to tell guys in practice sometime, what the hell you founding me like that?
Speaker 5: You can get.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, I don't I don't think. I don't think people understand how difficult it is. It's one thing to be playing in the park. It's one thing to be having fun recreational with your friends. But I'm talking about at the highest level. Bring going on. I'll talk about at the highest level when them lives turn on. Especially if you're a talker. He was a talker, Joe. If you're a talker and you've got to back it up, oh you got it back. I don't think you understand how much pressure that is.
Speaker 6: And obviously when you see the finished product on a Sunday, you'd be like, well damn, they make it look easy. But what you don't get to see is all a work. Be motherfucker got to put in befull time? Are you co cuted on Sunday?
Speaker 5: It just yok? Easy but easy?
Speaker 4: But you know, but but out out of the four of us right now on air, three of us, I know, talk a lot of ship.
Speaker 5: I know Shannon did. Oh John, I know you did, and I know I did. But Joe just saying nothing Joe. But George just played the game and gave you is that don't do. But I got to let you know I'm killing you. Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Let your work speak for himself. No, I was let my work. I will speaking work can't talk. But I tell you yours that yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey they were Hey, they work to say volumes now not a lot of oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well get terrible.
Speaker 5: You you gonna be in the waiver while I got one for you, Shannon.
Speaker 2: This is my best story.
Speaker 4: I was playing against the Lakers and we had some some of them guys over there, Larry Spriggs and some of these guys really hadn't played that much and they were screaming, yelling at me, and I will take the ball out. So I was about to get the ball from the referee and I said, hold up a minute. He said hold up, He said, what what what do you want? I said, pat Rowley would stand beside me. I said, Pat put one of the motherfuckers in down there. Pat Rowley turns read and gone, hey, you're going the game. This guy comes in the game to guard me. I scored about ten quick points going out the game. I said, next time, you'll sit your ass down.
Speaker 5: And be quiet.
Speaker 2: I love pat Rowley for that. I loved it.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it. All the damn talking, doing the running your damn mouth, what we get it? You ain't?
Speaker 2: You ain't.
Speaker 4: You should get bit quiet and watch the damn Gameta free each other up. We had three stars go down in the postseason with torn a Keileys. Dame Lilly went down first, Jason Tatum went down next, and then Tyre's Halliburton.
Speaker 2: They all wear the number zero.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Jeff Starts tweeted if Halliburton didn't Achilles, which he did, that would be the eighth A. Kilees tear this season. The previous high was five in fourteen fifteen. That does not include the nazis ent of the Koumbo who tore his in the offseason, or prospect Jalen Moore who injured here in the recent predraft workout unbelievable. So hold on, that's who Tom Abstrow, James Wiseman and Isaiah Jackson too of theirs too right?
Speaker 2: So what is.
Speaker 3: Joe brad you guys played? I heard people saying, man, it's the low top shoes. But boy, with the way technology is now, ain't nobody who was Jerry nor chellys with them?
Speaker 2: Chuck Taylors. Now they got all this technology. What's going on? What the achilles go?
Speaker 5: I think it's this, Joe. I believe the fact that these guys never rest.
Speaker 4: The guys you name Tatum played in the Olympics last year, never had an opportunity to rest. Hallack Bergen played in the Olympics, had an opportunity to rest.
Speaker 5: We know, we know what Dame does.
Speaker 4: He plays all this basketball because you don't rest your body. Shannon old Joe, Joe, your damn body is gonna rest you one way or the other. And it might be the Achilles, and remember that the achilles is one of those things. How do you really protect it because you can stretch it and do it, but you can't build it up like what these strong muscles.
Speaker 5: Not something that happens. Yeah, it's yeah, go ahead, O Joe, go ahead. I'm I'm gonna say.
Speaker 4: I see a lot of comments, a lot of people talking about, oh, you know, people are wearing low top shoes and and I mean, listen, having a hot top shoe is not not gonna prevent that. It's not gonna prevent that that that's something that's that's on the interior. Uh, and listen, it just happens.
Speaker 5: It just happens. Why it happened, I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: Obviously we know Hallie had had an injury, and I'm not sure if the conversation for that area caused that the keys the rupture.
Speaker 5: But it's just unfortunate that it is happening.
Speaker 6: But I keep seeing the comments about ohs because the look had nothing to do with low top shoes, and just.
Speaker 5: I don't believe, so, absolutely not. I ain't fixing that. It's not preventing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think so neither Bridge. You could be right, it could be the wear and tear on these guys. But if y'all listen to Hallen Burton after Game five, he said that this will probably if this was regular season, this will be a two week, you know, layoff for him. He would be out for at least two weeks. And the fact that you can't get that and you can't get that kind of rest when you have those calf injuries. Man, I hate to say it, but this is the next thing that comes from it. You know, when you look at all the guys from excuse me, Durant, whether it was Dame, they all had these calf injuries, and you know, you're playing in the postseason. You want to try to be there for your team and give them everything you got. And honestly, it just becomes too much. It just becomes too much because the game is or there's such a high level playing in the finals. Like, bro, like, you ain't you ain't gonna get no rest on that, like, because we're gonna test it every play to our court, every play offensively, he trying to get to the rest, he trying to make a play.
Speaker 5: You got to push off on that. So I just think it was unfortunate for him.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I hated it for him too.
Speaker 4: Who's gonna make that call? Though, Who's gonna make that call? Pis to sit down because you know it's not gonna be the player because.
Speaker 5: You know, and it's not gonna be either, because I'm trying to win.
Speaker 4: The teammates are looking at you, you know, halfway like, yo, Man, rap that ship up.
Speaker 5: We got to go.
Speaker 2: We gotta no.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you prevent that when it gets down to players and what they're able to do. A lot of times you said during the regular season, Joe, what would have happened? The only thing I think can happen is you if you have an independent doctor that has to look at players when they have their injury. That's the only way you can send them out and protect them, because you can't protect the player from from himself those situations because he's gonna want to go.
Speaker 5: He's gonna let me ask your question.
Speaker 2: Let me ask your question, bred who playing for that independence? Because if the team playing paying for it, he ain't independent.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: If you playing for it and they keep saying, oh it's independent, somebody gotta pay because he ain't doing no doctors don't do pro bowlo work unless there are doctors borders.
Speaker 2: They got a service.
Speaker 4: But did that with with the Bill Walton trade that that happened with me and Bill walk I passed it. I didn't really pass the test in LA when I went that. But when when Bill Walton got to got to Boston, Renard back blowed the little smoke. It said, Bill, you pass his his damn need one as good as as your brown house.
Speaker 2: And they went back.
Speaker 4: But they but the power of coaches gms at that time is so different than it is so I don't know how you protect them player from himself.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, guys, is it a situation because now guys are so specialized. Guys play All they play is basketball, all they play is baseball, All they play is football. So you get so all you doing is discressing that. And then you got these tournaments, Joe, they play basketball year round. I'm like, damn, I thought everything was a season. I thought football had a season. I thought basketball had a season. I thought baseball had a season. I thought track had a season. They do all this stuff year round, and that's why us as Americans the basketball hoopers nowadays we're behind because all we do is play, play, play, And the guys Overseas.
Speaker 2: They teaching the game.
Speaker 3: They teaching these dudes a game at a young age versus just throwing them out there.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Man, listen, we in a whole totally different era to where now ochod.
Speaker 2: Hey look if I want y'all to play on me. Okay, look, I got one hundred grand for y'all. This something.
Speaker 3: Man, I need y'all to come play with me. That's all these people care about. They ain't trying to develop. They ain't developing these kids and teaching them really how to play the game. So therefore, as they get to the next level, whether it's college or pro, you know, a lot of them be lost. And you don't really hear about it no more because it takes time. Because when you get to a team and you're not the man, and you have to learn how to play, and you have to learn how to start in a row, and you ain't never had to do that.
Speaker 5: Oh man, you lost in the sauce.
Speaker 4: Oh dang, that's about as true as the gifts.
Speaker 5: I hadn't thought about it.
Speaker 4: But over in Europe, the skill set that they teach script with the three points and the euro step.
Speaker 2: And all that.
Speaker 4: They have that down before they get here. Our players utilize one thing. It was Duncan and your foot speed. And you can't utilize that the whole time. You have to push down the back. Brother, So I think you are a thousand and six correct when it comes sick. But it's AAU basketball. That's what's skilled. A lot of that damn kid going. I ain't never seen the damn kid in the damn sixth grade go to the damn California for Little Carolina place damn basketball.
Speaker 5: I didn't. I couldn't go.
Speaker 4: I couldn't go across the day, up the street. It's another side of town. Yeah, six your selven Hey.
Speaker 3: When I was growing up, man, we played AU ball. I played for the Arkansas Rockets pretty much my entire AU season to the last year. I played with the Arkansas Hawks. And these are all guys straight out of Arkansas.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 2: Now you get guys they gonna be from summer everywhere.
Speaker 3: They probably a don't even know each other until they get together until get ready to play, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So that's the that's the biggest difference.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Bred When we were coming up play what Oh you better get you gotta work in the summer. You got to buy summer clothes. Hey, but see I want, Hey, but see I wanted.
Speaker 2: We were so poor.
Speaker 3: I want summer clothes year round. Some of my brothers, some of my cousins, some of my uncles. Hey, hold on, hold on. We were working to man when I was when I was young, playing a you man, we threw so many swim parties, car washings, TIPI raffles.
Speaker 5: Yeah we did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dealers, you got the fielders, We get it, did them too, Joe, hold on, old joke and Joe, I know you guys have summer that you have a Sunday suit. Don't tell me that outs and some suit that we could go churching on Sunday. So we have special and that would bread hand me down because we were bread one thing. When they had down Easter, everybody was that damn church. Oh we got an Easter suit. Yeah, you know, you get too suits. You get too suit for twenty nine dollars. Hey, listen, my g was Hey, my grandma was the lead sitting here in the choir.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I spent a lot of time with my grandma was in church lead three four times a week. You hear me, Yeah, oh yeah, talking about long whiles Baptist man first and look and down down there Higgins in uh In Arkansas man, listen, revn Payin.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget man. Church lasts so long, guys.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, Joe, Grandma would just like that too.
Speaker 6: I'll never forget over Ti Grandma went to mont Allaman Baptist Church.
Speaker 4: Jeed By Hack collection joke, white only listen. It's it's only one person. It's only one person in the church.
Speaker 6: Who had a better Hack collection than Brandma, and that was the past the wife. Hey, I want to say the white back collection.
Speaker 2: Was the real deal.
Speaker 4: I want to see how honest all of you are when they passed the collection plate in your robe?
Speaker 5: Did you get more money out than you putting in?
Speaker 3: Remon made sure we had a couple of dollars to put in, But I ain't gonna lie to you. Sometimes I put mine in sometimes.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, hey, hey, all bread Oh Joe, Joe.
Speaker 3: You know the Black Church was started the way they passed that pair around the pad. Go on, come on through, Hey, got noboddy, wey you talking about this? The waves started a sports arena, knowing it started a black church because they passed that part that pad around.
Speaker 4: What man, go, let me ask you this. Then, how about that marb was saut when he closed the doors. They closed the damn door we walked. Yeah, come on, man, it's all was funny. I'd have been to church. Well, how God gonna get in here? We got him locked down. I mean want we wanted to come in and we don't lock it by.
Speaker 2: Open the door.
Speaker 3: Hey listen, man, I'm talking about Sunday school, eight, eight thirty in the morning.
Speaker 2: We ain't getting our church.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: At four o'clock.
Speaker 3: Man, they are already hooping up there at the park by the time I'm riding on.
Speaker 2: I'm looking out the window. Lady, dang, I got you know.
Speaker 5: Let's let's be honest.
Speaker 4: That was the only time that the parents, if you had a lot of kids, that's only time the parents to really get busy because they see y'all the church. They heard about it. They had used to go to Sunday school, and then that was about three hours up in there. Now I'm just doing man, I'm doing that. Oh for sure, that was all you know. Four Sunday, four Sunday was all day. Think four Sunday. You're not getting out of there. You're not getting out of the until like four thirty. You going at nine, you ain't getting out there til four thirty for show?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And and how how hungry are you hotel coming out of the church? What?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm a a bread and listen, I'm happy. I'm hungry when we get out of church. But I know we'll be going We're going to Turkey. We're going to church and chicken right down on fifty four Street and sit right there on the corner the same thing. Hey, Hey, I ain't gonna lie to you. I know, Mida three legs fries, the apple pie and a strawberry juice with a strawberry soda with no ice.
Speaker 5: My grandma she loved them. Goddamn ocals. Huh from over Oho you over?
Speaker 2: But he you know, absolutely no prods and all that would right out the grease, right out the grid. Joe, what nobody gets?
Speaker 3: I mean, oh, Joe, bread man, My grandpa cooked everything under the sun, do you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know something about some gizzers. Now, yeah, I don't like no liberals, but let me know what. Jack Low wants the NBA Finals to return to the two three, two four. Man, No, what you think, Joe, what you think?
Speaker 2: Bread? No, Nah, that's a tough one man.
Speaker 3: Look because if you going there and win on somebody home court, just like Indiana did in game one and and and you got three games at home, man, a lot of teams ain't coming back from that.
Speaker 2: Uh right.
Speaker 3: They did that because they used to fly commercial, so they wanted to make sure that it was it was not everybody got their own private plane. So you get two games, yo, just stay there, you stay there in the city, blah blah blah, and then when you pack it up, you come on back.
Speaker 2: But now where everybody got their own flight, Bread and Joe, Nah.
Speaker 5: What was why you want that?
Speaker 4: That make no sense to me because if you are if you want all these games, you put yourself on the line. You put yourself in a position where you want those first two games at home and at the other places home and then that done this back and forth.
Speaker 2: I not feeling that.
Speaker 4: I'm not because, as you said, what during the eighties, it was hard because we had to fly commercial.
Speaker 5: We had to go from LA to Boston playing the Lakers at that time.
Speaker 4: I remember Jack Nicholson being in the first class whips and you know, we just kind of hanging out, had a good time.
Speaker 5: Them flights with difficult many.
Speaker 4: They were Joe that didn't want to give you no damn food. I mean you set up there and on top of that you have people damn smoke the cigarettes.
Speaker 5: Right besides so Shannony, you.
Speaker 3: Don't know nothing about that. You want no no, But I've heard that you guys that regular people were regular people on your flight the way.
Speaker 4: Ran yes, besides you asking you asking you yes, yeah, because we were going through the airport. We'll come to the airport with no security. Here was the security right here.
Speaker 2: These things you were on.
Speaker 4: Somebody out there, but those security and none of all other stuff, no being protected by the NBA, none.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 5: It was a different league did and you had to protect yourself. You had to be more of an adult.
Speaker 4: You had to really focus on what you did because I'm telling you what the eighties, the women in the eighties, who they were prevalent.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. We should We had breaking news today. Kevin Durant has been traded to the Rockets. The Suns traded KD to the Rockets for Jalen Green Dylan Brooks, the number ten pick in the twenty twenty five draft, five second round picks. KD was at fanatics Fest when someone captured the moment when KD and if agent Rich Climbing found out. Let's take a look at this video, guys. So I'm not surprised. I'm not surprised by this. If there's only a handful of teams that had maybe some players and to pick the compensation, the Suns messed this up.
Speaker 2: Look. I like Matt Ishba. I met him several times.
Speaker 3: He's a great guy, but he gave up too much to get Kevin Durant and he was never gonna reciprocate that because he's two years older than when you got him. So now you're not gonna be able what you gave up to get him, You're not gonna be able to get that back. That we know you want him gone. He knows you want him gone, and everybody else know you want him gone. And so oh yo, plus Miami, they turned down Miami's package because I told you they didn't have enough to get better and have anything.
Speaker 2: TIMI Hodcares Hobvid high smell what.
Speaker 6: And I have a question though some some of you just said some some of you just said, right, we talked about Yes, Kevin Durrant, one of the prolific scores of all time.
Speaker 5: You said Isa did too much to get it.
Speaker 6: But yes, but because the player he is, that's why he did what he had to do to actually get a player that magnitude. Now, the reason you got him was you hope what you put an invested into him, you hope it turned out and came to fruition.
Speaker 5: It just didn't.
Speaker 6: And normally when you buy a car, where you buy a car, off the car out right and as soon as you drive it off, what does it do you appreciate? Well, so you understand when you get a player of that magnitude as great as he is, and great as he is, and he's older.
Speaker 3: Now you're still not gonna get back what you bought for him with yours. Is that when you look at what you look, you got KD and book. Did you really need Bradley Bial? Did you really need Brandley Bill? Or do I need to secure my do I need to get death for my betch? So now I tell you trade more draft capital and give up more players. So now they don't have a first round picking til twenty thirty one. You do realize it's twenty twenty five, right, And that's why I.
Speaker 4: Think it's a good trade for Phoenix stuff. If you're talking about Phoenix is gonna be able to do some of these things and possibly get a pick and all this. I ge't Kevin Durant to me goals there. I think instantly to me, he makes them more fire more when I think about having a score with them youngm young bulls.
Speaker 5: He got the monk there, I don't. Yeah, I make that trade off back.
Speaker 3: I love how I like him better and I like him better than Houston that I did. And then then in Phoenix you agree because you got you got Shing Gooon, you got Armin Thompson, you re signed Van Fleet, you you were able to keep Jabari Smith junior. So now and plus the problem that Houston had they had the second best record in the in the West, fifty two wins, but they didn't have a guy that you can give the ball to Layton the ball game and go get you a bucket.
Speaker 2: You now have that? How long? How long?
Speaker 5: How long do Joe? I know you joke?
Speaker 4: I'd love to be about thirty six thirty seven thirty seven, telling them you're gonna let and I love k D, but you're you're putting them in a position.
Speaker 5: Where you're going to have him carry your team late to go get buckets.
Speaker 3: I think I think he's gonna be I think he's naturally gonna do that laden games. I love the fact that he's with a bunch of young cats, like some grinding young cats who are gonna work hard, play hard, and he ain't.
Speaker 2: Gonna have to. I don't think he's gonna have to do a lot of heavy lifting. Guys. They got some guys who can play over there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: They got some guys gonna come into their own obviously, they gonna play through Shing Gong And like you said, I'm glad they capt J Barry Smith, another tall, long, long guy who can shoot the ball, who can post up, who can play multiple positions, and uh led by Van Fleet.
Speaker 2: I think they have a great team over that. I think KD can put him over the hump.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's gonna be rigorous on him, as far as you know him trying to carry that team. I think collectively they're gonna do a great job now naturally he's gonna be the claim of the crop when he comes to score on the basketball because he does it so well and it comes so easy to him. Yeah, I mean, and plus, you got three guys six to ten or better. You got six eleven, you got six eleven KD you got six eleven. Shin Good, you got six ten Jabari Parker, you got In Thompson at six seven. You got Van Fleet that can run the I like this, I like I like, like I said, I like KD here more than I liked him in Phoenix because all you had was offense. They didn't have rebounding, they didn't have rent protecting, they didn't they didn't have great depth.
Speaker 2: Because think about what you gave up to get it.
Speaker 3: You gave up your best defender in Michael Bridges, you gave up a young Cam Johnson. You gave up what three first round draft picks. That's an awful lot to give up for a guy. And now and now you go trade for Bradley Beal, which weekends ue even more as far as draft compensation and depth.
Speaker 2: For you, bitch, these teams that played in the NBA Finals, what do they have depth? Depth?
Speaker 3: Now they might not be as good as the Big three for Phoenix. But Phoenix had once you got, once you got booked, and Katie out of the game. Not what Hey, look, my question is what is fings gonna look like with Devin Booker, Jalen Green and Bradley Bill. I mean, them three are pretty much of the same guy, you know what I mean. I said that when they got I said that when they got.
Speaker 5: Joe, one of the things could happen.
Speaker 4: And I've been hearing this that there might be a possibility of Boston making moves.
Speaker 5: What's gonna happen? Or you're gonna keep for zenas here? You have a big hole over there in Phoenix right now?
Speaker 4: Can you go out and get one of those guys for Boston and make and get that pick or want to give that pick up for maybe tor Zingis to put him in that position. You know, Joe that once you get trade it to a T doesn't necessarily mean you need to stop chack. You know, your bags don't need to be unpacked. You need to keep it right back because you might get moved on in the new NBA.
Speaker 3: Right Yeah, Rockets fans don't seem to be happy with the KD trade One tweeted it happened today was my last day as a Rocket fan. I wish the worst and the absolute worst of this franchise. Trading a twenty three year old superstar for a washed forty yo old and genuinely the worst thing you could ever do. I hope KDE retires next season and that the franchise completely crumbles.
Speaker 2: Hey KD.
Speaker 3: KD also spoke the k Adams today and said Phoenix wanted him gone. Let's take a listen to what Katie had to say last one for you. A lot of heartbroken Suns fans right now, what would you like to say that's not true?
Speaker 5: No, literally heartbroken Suns sound right over there.
Speaker 8: I just I just felt like, yeah, that means they wanted me to go. So it's like, I'm glad we both you know, they got what they wanted, what I wanted, so we can move on and good luck to them going forward. And I always remember my time there, but we're on something else.
Speaker 3: Hey, Yeah, I don't see nothing wrong with what he said, because it wasn't him who came to them asking and looking for a trade. He found out they were trying to trade him. So as as as athletes, we know when you it's basically saying you don't want us. Okay, it's somebody out there who will take me. It's somebody outide who do want me. And uh he was able to give him on a few teams that he wanted to go play with. So give a son's credit for even trading him to uh Houston, Texas, to Texas because that was one of the stops that he wanted to go. Well, he knew the Suns, excuse me, the Rockets, the Spurs and uh no, yeah, the Rockets, the Spurs Brooklyn were really the only the handful of team that had the draft capitol to go get it.
Speaker 2: So he had no choice. I mean he he couldn't go to Miami.
Speaker 3: Come Miami, don't have anything to offer for your two best players are untouchable, Tyler, he wrote, and bam, and you see the package Hobby hawkir junior Hobbitch hot spells.
Speaker 2: It's like absolutely not absolutely dude.
Speaker 4: Dude, what did we think that because they had to make that move, how how bad they were offensively indeed, and the only person other than the book that you're gonna get anything more when that team was King d So in his case, they had to make that move.
Speaker 5: They had to go out and say, dude, you you can go on. And here's the thing that me and Joe love about this shore. Where'd they go? Oh, I know, to a damn state that they ain't got, no damn state, income town. How about that? How about that?
Speaker 3: There was a back and forth Bugie Cousins a few days ago regarding the report the sons had multiple fist fights in the locker room. Kevin rad says, I have to contest this ninety four footer. Uh, there's some bull drive to.
Speaker 2: Throw on us. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we were trashed this year, ha haha. But we never got close to this. Never.
Speaker 3: The Phoenix Sun reportedly had multiple fist fights in the locker room her Boogie Cousins. Uh. The bookie says the source was one of your teammates killers. I ain't referencing you refer to you say that is for the other homies.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 4: Hey, anytime a unc Joe Bread, anytime something like that get out, you know it always it always comes from from one of the players, it from Yeah, it comes from the locker room always. That's the only that's the only time I hate my stuff. I hate stuff like that happened too.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You know, I hate when dude. I hope when dudes beat chatty patty. When some goes on the locker room, it's supposed to stay right there's supposed to stay right there in CAD's gotta be pillow talking and okay, fist fight, man, everybody fight, who don't fight? It happens in training camp. Did y'all fight in training camp?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: You know, I mean it happens all the time. Whatever happened in the locker room, And if you didn't care, if they didn't capture.
Speaker 5: No, it doesn't, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: It doesn't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But here's what happened. Does you say it right now? It's pitdle talk. You go tell your wife something, You go tell your girlfriend. You know how those stories go. You tell her, she tells somebody else, and then this all is going in the woods.
Speaker 3: So a lot of times what we have in the n b A our wives and girlfriends.
Speaker 4: And now it's moms who have a lot of ship going over.
Speaker 5: Because they have they have a lot of power.
Speaker 4: Now, Joe, it's not like back in the day, back in the day, girlfriends were quiet. They said nothing about the little damn basket. They talked about everything else, but not about basketball. Now the gleamed the damn game. I'm like, really, you donna play it?
Speaker 5: I can see you on the other side sitting I didn't.
Speaker 3: Reports say the Sons will look to reroute Jalen Green to another team.
Speaker 4: I can see that that makes sense. But hey, hold on, I need a draft. Huh hold on, I'm tripping. Now you trade KD for Jalen Green? Now you want to shoot Jayen Green somewhere else? And then I see reports day also about a buyer with Bradley Beal.
Speaker 2: What the hell going on?
Speaker 3: Cause, oh, Joe Bradley See Bradley Bill and Lebron are one of the two players, two players that have no trade. So you can't move Bradley Bill where he doesn't want to go. So the best thing is, like, you know what, let's just go ahead and bite this bullet, get up off this and move in a different direction.
Speaker 4: So how would Bradley Bill look down here, mammy? Since he is a prolific scorer. He is a scorer, He's gonna get eighty ninety percent of his money. He can look good wherever he would choose to go.
Speaker 5: Hey, that means me, let me, let me taket Bradley, real quick man.
Speaker 2: They're trying to get people in Miami.
Speaker 4: Hey, well listen, we can use a score like that. Now, look at what he did on the Wizards, and look what happened. It's too many people touching the goddamn bo it.
Speaker 3: Don't it, don't it, don't take it. Don't take nothing to be a good score on a bad team. You talk about you talking about the heat. No, they don't take anything bread, you know, a bad team, It don't take much to be a top not scored because who cares you getting yards beat out anyway?
Speaker 2: So don't nobody care.
Speaker 4: That that that's that's the one where they'll say. I said that one time to coach Patino. One time I was talking about Paul and I was talking about Antoine, and that's when they were beating the out loud themselves and I was I was one of the reports. I said, so Paul and Antoine, you know, they got their numbers to night, coach, and he turned to me. I was just embarrassed I've ever been, he said, turn me. He said, numbers are to loose. I don't give a ship about them scoring no basket. So so you're right in the NBA, on a bad team, you can look really good scoring the basketball because you're the only thing they have.
Speaker 5: But when you plung that into a good team do you can get wins because of that? And you can see what having a Bradley Bill. He leaves.
Speaker 4: Washington and goes to everybody said, oh that he there, that's the b end of ben because score.
Speaker 5: He goes now to Phoenix. He ain't shooting that way no more. He ain't getting them.
Speaker 4: He ain't getting what you say, Joe Beck and then he getting touched like that, you're gonna get it.
Speaker 2: You don't get to take all them bad shots.
Speaker 3: You don't get to come down there and say, you know what, I'm gonna get me twenty five thirty shots to night no matter what. On a good team with other good players, it's not like that, especially when you have multiple good players on said teams. Now, maybe if he goes if it could be a situation like okay, see Ja Doubs and Shade gonna get the lion's share of the shots. Like tonight, Shae was eight of twenty seven J doubles seven or twenty. Now they got forty seven of the eighty seven shots. Two guys took over half the shots. Yeah, okay, but now you put Bradley Beal, you put it with KD and Book, ain't enough bad shots to go around.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be looking at you crazy.
Speaker 3: You come down taking bad shots, some of the bad shots that you were able to take and get away with.
Speaker 2: When you were with the Wizards.
Speaker 3: I agree, when you're playing with other great players, man, you have to try to find a way to be efficient. I take your guys back to two thousand and five, two thousand and four, when I was.
Speaker 2: Playing with the Phoene s soun Nash was the MVP.
Speaker 1: You had a.
Speaker 3: Mary Stott Myer was a Premier All Star. Shunned Mary. It was a Premier All Star. And as your fourth option, which was me, I wanted to be efficient.
Speaker 2: I shot.
Speaker 3: I shot four to eight percent from the three, and every time I took a shot, I wanted to I wanted to make it count because I know I was gonna get many of them, you know what I mean. I wanted to be ye possible.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 3: I knew listen, I knew the ones that I did get, Brad, I had to be inefficient, you hear me, So I did what I had to do that. Yeah, and I only got a chance to play on that with them. Guys were Nash for one year and I thought we had a special, special team, but unfortunately we got some new ownership that came in and you know, thought otherwise.
Speaker 5: But Joe that that made it possible for.
Speaker 4: You to go to another team though, because you ad because you highlight what you were able to do on that particular team with not a lot of shots.
Speaker 5: And I think that's why you were able to go someplace else. And about sudden, you know, you.
Speaker 3: Get that I sold Joe thing. But look, it goes back to what Unk said and I got when I got to Atlanta. My first couple of years, I'm averaging twenty twenty five, twenty six a game.
Speaker 2: But here if the character we can the noose believe, beat up out Joe.
Speaker 5: And when you when you were in Phoenix started out with the five.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Man, he was uh way before his time. Oh, Joe, the boy was so raw when he came came in straight out of high school. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, he came in man, I'm talking about just running through casts.
Speaker 2: He was going through you. It wasn't going around you, he was going through you.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about I've seen him go ahead ahead with Tim Duncan, Kevin, Chris Webber. I'm talking about the elites. Yeah, that was special man, He's special. Oh no, then we that's your problem. That's Lake Wales. That's all you all about is Lake Wales, Lake Welles Yeah, Florida, Lake Wales, Florida, and Lake welles Ford, Florida.
Speaker 5: Now that must be you mean Lakeland, Lakeland or Lake Wales, which.
Speaker 2: I think because he always hollered bout him. ROYD Jones, all this all.
Speaker 5: This, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay. Yeah, that's right up the road. That's right up the road. How all these dem athletes come out of there Florida. Oh it's the water, baby, It ain't nothing but the water.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Listen. We we produce some different down here, We produce some different down here.
Speaker 3: Weather, the weather. Look look at what the Look at the best athletes they come out of what warm weather? California, Texas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana. Look, I mean, because you got you got like ideal you got ideal climate.
Speaker 2: And you know us, we like warm weather. We don't like the code.
Speaker 5: We like.
Speaker 2: We like warm weather. And for the most part, you can do a lot of things a lot a lot longer.
Speaker 3: So you know, you get warm weather a lot longer, and you don't get those you know, those those long winners in short summers. You get long summers.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But if you go back, look at that, look at the foot look at basketball. Let's just take basketball. Uh especially football ain't even close. All the football players from the outside California, Texas, Losinganda, Georgia, Florida, South Kentery, stuff like that. But I think that's what it has to do. It has to do with if you go back and look at it, look at where most of the athletes come from.
Speaker 5: Damn ils from North Carolina. I'm sorry, come on, you.
Speaker 2: Get a little basketball, y'all got a few.
Speaker 4: And guarantee you North Carolina might have the rate this basketball a lot of basketball players ever put together.
Speaker 2: I said, more than Chicago.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, I'm taking Jordan Jordan morrisey, thro.
Speaker 2: Wh wh what you it used to be New York. You don't used to us with the hot.
Speaker 4: Dominique, Dominique Fro, Don't Carolina Buck Williams, Dominique, James, they Flo.
Speaker 5: There's a there's a ton of guys you don't even talking about. Bob McIndoe, one of the greatest of all time. He from Greensboro.
Speaker 4: I mean, there were so many great players, like hey, David Thompson that people won't even talk about it anymore.
Speaker 5: He was before George. He was damnit. I tell you what.
Speaker 4: I was guarding god Walk and I was swiveling and I was going back and forth, and somebody said love and I'm I'm guarding it pretty good.
Speaker 5: And then I turn around. I look, I tell you what. I can tell you what size shoe?
Speaker 4: Hee wo?
Speaker 5: Because I was father.
Speaker 2: Jenny you once I was thirteen. That's all I saw you get up
Speaker 1: The volume