Speaker 1: Hi everybody. I'm Tamra Judge and I'm Dan Geesling. Welcome to our new podcast, Talking a Big Game. Hey, guys, welcome to Talking a Big Game.
Speaker 2: We've come a long way Scotland.
Speaker 1: I know we have. Last time I saw you, well, I saw you at the reunion. Yeah, so you guys, Dan and I are starting a new podcast called Talking a Big Game. And there's no bigger gamer out there than Dan Geesling.
Speaker 2: You know what, Tamar, this has been such a unique opportunity when it's like, hey, you can pair us together because you bring such a unique dynamic to this. I'm just so excited to be here with you, and I can't wait to see when we broke, when we approach these reality TV winners and some of our favorite personalities. I'm just excited to see you go to work and do your thing.
Speaker 1: Well, we have a guest this week. It's Max from Danzy with the Stars, who was also on The Traders with us. So you guys, you want to know how this happened, let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: So like, how does want the iconic Real Housewives of OC and Winner Big Brother?
Speaker 1: How iconic Winner a Big Brother?
Speaker 2: How do we end up on this couch together. It's like kind of a random It is totally random.
Speaker 1: I know you guys are thinking, what the hell is going on? Somebody has a loss of damn mine over there at iHeart. No, Actually, Dan and I did. He filled in as a co host when I was recapping Traders, and our dynamic was so good that iHeart was like, oh, I see an opportunity here.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to rewind it back a step two because I don't like sometimes I go off like feelings and just sometimes I get these weird premonitions. And we spend a lot of time together in Scotland off camera, and like we talked a lot, but I'm just like, at some point I just felt like we're going to do something together. And I really don't often feel that weird.
Speaker 1: And then you know, well, Dan and I really hit it off when we were in Traders. When you do Traders, there's a lot of downtime. So he would talk about his wife and his kids, and I would talk about Eddie and we would just just kind of god to shoot the ship. And I really thought, like, you know, Dan's my friend here. However, Dan, let me just tell you on my way to Scotland. Some of the cast was leaked and I was getting messages. I was being hit up on DM saying no this, do not trust that Dan.
Speaker 2: Who would say that, no one, no one really knows me from your circle.
Speaker 1: No, I'm talking just the general public, just just followers that I had, maybe a couple people in the press. Watch out for that.
Speaker 2: Dan. You'll have to tell me the names. When I'll tell you, because what I was told was going into this. My wife's like, if Tamer is there, you have to be friends with her. And I'm like, I knew who you were, but when I got to know you during the downtime, I'm like, you're not really from the OC. You could be from the Midwest. You just have like you're not the typical California. You just have like you're very warm, You're very direct, and I thought I found that so refreshing in such a unique environment.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: No, but I mean that like no, like you you embodied like I felt like we could instantly connect because I didn't feel like there was any there was no gray area with you. It's like black and white. I know where you're coming from and you're speaking your mind.
Speaker 1: You might call me a bit, wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say that, but I could see maybe some other people would on other shows.
Speaker 1: Well, So Dan and I did Traders, got along great until the day that I got murdered.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about this.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it, Dan, because I don't know that we fully talked about this.
Speaker 2: I tried to reach out to you after the show and you go, I go, you ghost. I'm like, okay, I guess Tamraa isn't from the Midwest. What the heck's going on? And then like maybe a month or two later, after the show's over, my phone start blew up twice from a California number. I'm like, I'm not answering this. I don't know what it was. And you were like about to go on stage. What happened?
Speaker 1: Yes, So we were doing a live show, Teddy and I in San Francisco and the show aired Traders the episode that I was murdered, and I thought for sure you were behind it.
Speaker 2: Why did you think I did it? Though?
Speaker 1: Because come on, Dan, you know why because the night before you and I were in the kitchen, which they never showed this, this is lost footage. We were in the kitchen and I was starting to feel better because I had been so sick. You were pretty quiet, and you were kind of getting a little and there's a lot of suspicion on you because you were quiet. I was quiet too, So I said, you know what, I know Dan is a trader. I know it. I'm gonna go I'm gonna just talk to him and say, you know what, why don't we team up together? And the next day I was murdered.
Speaker 2: Okay, but let me rewind it. So all that time we spent together get to know each other, and in all the downtime, you're like, oh, you never thought, oh, Dan wouldn't do that to me, because because people.
Speaker 1: Were dming me saying that's your that's.
Speaker 2: What you do. Well, I guess next time, trust your guy. You're like, Dan's a nice guy.
Speaker 1: Dan's nice.
Speaker 2: At one point, at one point, did you know, like, hey, okay, Dan was trying to reach out to me because he didn't go after me.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you? Did you? Maybe they didn't show up, but did you say to Faed' like no, let's not let's not murder Tamra.
Speaker 2: At that point, it was like there was chaos, right, So I'm like I they're going to kill each other, They're going at each other. I'm like, I was kind of stunned, to be honest, because the people in our car were the people I wanted to protect, and I did a horrible job doing that. You know, you eckon to and you got yourself in a little bit. But anyways, so so you found out, so you're watching the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, watching the show, And my assistant was with me and he's like, oh my god, I just saw it on social media. It wasn't Dan, it was Phedra. And I'm like, oh, that pisses me off even more, thank you, sister housewife. And then I felt bad because I because you were so nice to me.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's the thing, and so for me, I'm always able to and I think this is gonna be The interesting part about the show is that we're doing, is that I'm it's easy to me to separate that stuff like personal in game, but this is a situation where the personal kind of was the game. Like I wasn't going to go after you, but so you were mad found out I didn't do it, and then you weren't mad.
Speaker 1: I know, I get it for things, really, but like.
Speaker 2: That That's all it took. So what if I did really want to go after you, would you still do?
Speaker 1: I mean no, it was a game. It was just you know what it was is because I really liked you. I really liked you, and I thought, wow, man, I really liked him, and I got suckered in. I don't like that because I have very good instinct and intuition and I can spot an asshole like like I have asshole like radar, like watch The show Man where.
Speaker 2: It comes from? For you? How can you do that? I think some people have it and some people don't.
Speaker 1: I just have it. My husband's like, you are crazy like that. We can meet somebody and I'm like, nope, not a good guy, He's like. And my husband likes everybody. Oh no, He's like he was so nice. I'm like, nope, I'm not right with him. Just a feeling feeling. My grandmother was very intuitive. She knew things were going to happen before they're going to happen. So I think I got a little bit of that gene in me.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I just call it the asshole radar something like that. But Dan, you are a big gamer.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I am not. So I want to learn so much from you and our guests that we have on because you know, in reality right now, there's a lot of new gaming shows coming out.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing I pushed back on. For you to be the longest running oh see how Wife and overarching, there's some meta game in that, actually the longest I'm on. So there's a meta game in that. So like you may not think like that you've been playing a game since you stepped foot on reality TV.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I thought. I really thought going into this. You know, I got great intuition, you know, and I got to Scotland, I got in that castle and I just looked at everybody, go, I don't know what I'm doing here? How did I get here? And what am I doing?
Speaker 2: But here's the thing. For you to be on your show as long as you have been, there's gamesmanship to that, whether there is you, whether you know what you're doing, which I think you know exactly what you use.
Speaker 1: Housewives is a game of chess, yes, for sure, right you make this move, make this move, I say that, you say that definitely. But Traders is different. How did Traders compare to Big Brother?
Speaker 2: For you? So for me, it was much much quicker and like what we were doing in the car, like I got to know a lot about you, lot about like family or like that's what I do, so I will I'll play the play the whole game like that. So I knew a lot about everyone and big brother I got. I have all day to do that, and when I need to, like tug on the right strings, I do someone like you. I wouldn't have like done that against because I'm like Tamer's never going to turn on me. But so you identify those people. But that's like I established long term relationships and then make the move when I need to got it.
Speaker 1: Now, would you go back.
Speaker 2: To I would do Traders for sure? Would you you have to do it?
Speaker 1: I would go back to Traders because I didn't have the best experience and I really.
Speaker 2: Wasn't six I was so sick six hours I was.
Speaker 1: I was so sick, and then I ended up in the hospital when I got home, Like it was a whole mess.
Speaker 2: So let me this from like from your housewife community when you were done, or I would probably say after it aired, because it got so much buzz when it aired, like were people reaching out to you from like Housewives being like hey, like putting feelers out or what was what was your like Housewives friends? What was their take on what you did in the whole?
Speaker 1: You know, well, first of all, I couldn't say you know you when you're murdered. You can't say anything or do anything for until the show is completely over, so I couldn't go back to regular life, Like I couldn't do my podcast. I had to stay off social media until the show is completely done. And at that point when the show was completely done, I was in the hospital for three days.
Speaker 2: What happened well, because.
Speaker 1: I got so sick in Scotland. They put me on some kind of antibiotics that was so strong that they made inflammation in my intestines and I had like a blockage. So I was feeling so sick and stomach pains and I went to the hot and he's like, you're going to the hospital. I go to the hospital and they're like, yeah, you're being admitted. They're like you're gonna we're gonna put a tube down your nose, We're gonna suck everything out, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Ew, That's one of the reason why I knew I really liked you because I knew you were hurting, but you still I was and You're like, I'm showing up because well, Ihaedra.
Speaker 1: Did me a favor because it was going to happen eventually on these antibiotics that were way too strong for me, and I got to go home. I was home for a day or so and I was in the hospital. So I would have ended up in the hospital in Scotland. That would have been no fun at all. But I would love to do a retake of it because now I know how the game works, and I think that I know I would be well, of course, and I would have a lot more fun.
Speaker 2: But like the missis so when you went, because that's to me, that's stepping outside like the Housewives bubble, And in terms of what like a house would normally do, what was their reaction to, like your friends on the show and other show, other housewives shows, where they just like, is there like jealousy because here you're on another show and it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean, we definitely have a few people, like on my cast that were like whatever, our Tammer gets everything, she gets the commercials, she gets Ultimate Girl's Trip, and I'm like, hey, sorry, sucks to be you, but.
Speaker 2: That's like the meta game, and I think we're kind of leading this path. Is like, so you've been on TV for seventeen is it seventeen.
Speaker 1: Fifteen and seventeen years? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So like to be that long the mainstay on a showing. There's games and let's talk about it. They try to get rid of me once, Well, tell me about that.
Speaker 1: Well they fired me.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 1: I don't exactly know when you when you get fired?
Speaker 2: How do you get Does Andy fire you?
Speaker 1: No, there's no, that's not like you go into a room and there's a note on your chair and you open it up and say you've been fired. It doesn't work like traders. But I get a phone call. I was camping at the time, and I didn't get a lot of cell service, so I would drive up to the main road every once in a while.
Speaker 2: It was Bravo calling.
Speaker 1: They were calling production call and said, hey, just want to let you know that the network has decided to go in another way, another direction, And I go, what huh?
Speaker 2: And just for context, how many years had this been?
Speaker 1: Twelve years?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: And I said, what do you mean? Well, you can come back and do a certain amount of episodes and then they will write you off and I'm like, nah, I'm all or none.
Speaker 2: So does that mean like you wouldn't have had like the or range.
Speaker 1: No, I would have just been like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just why after twelve years they have to give you a reason?
Speaker 1: I think sometimes like they want to switch it up. They want to change it up. They want to see if maybe it didn't work without me?
Speaker 2: Or can I ask you something?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Two questions, and I think I know that you weren't boring, Like was did you have a boring storyline?
Speaker 1: No? I ended my last season and the bush is crying.
Speaker 2: Okay. Second question, they had to be paying a lot of money for the like yeah, someone like the camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that could have been it. That could have been it. You never really know. But Andy gave me a call and he said, listen, you're not going anywhere. I mark my words. You'll be back.
Speaker 2: So like soon after you got that.
Speaker 1: So I thought, Okay, I have a year off. I'm gonna have fun next year. Nope, he didn't call me back, and then I started, oh my god. Then they gave me did.
Speaker 2: You reach out? Like did you did you? Dm Andy be like hey, like I'm still here, like the OC ratings are going down, like I'm over here, I'm over here.
Speaker 1: Hey No, And then I got then Andy called me on my birthday and offered me Ultimate Girls Trip. So I went on Ultimate Girls Trip and then I got higher.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ok, yes, Ultimate Girls Trip did really well and it was season two, just like Traders two that did very well.
Speaker 2: But is there a part of you that, like I would want to know give me the real reason? Because you take shows doing well, you take me off, show doesn't do well, you put me back on show does well again, So what was the reasoning? Did you piss off like an executive pro kiss people?
Speaker 1: Now? I'm very I have very good relationships with everybody on the network, the production team, all that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I've just been on for a really long time. They had let Vicky go and they had let Heather go, and then I'm like, Okay, I guess it's my turn. Nothing less forever. And I never thought about this as a career. It's a job, it's a contract. So I'm back and everything's good.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, so, what do you think without being self aggrandizing, because you're not like that But what do you bring to the table that that's like, Okay, there's housewives that get cycled in and out there. You see it for season two seats they're gone, but you're still here. What do you think it gives me here?
Speaker 1: I think because I'm open and I'm honest, I don't play for the viewers. I speak my mind. I say the things that everybody's thinking. And a lot of people try to self produce. They don't want to be seen in a bad light.
Speaker 2: Do you mean self produced?
Speaker 1: They want to produce themselves in a way that maybe they're not in normal life. They want everybody to like them, They want the viewers to like them. And if that doesn't work, it doesn't work like that. Just be your raw, normal self and people love that. If you're going to act or be fake it shows they always say the cameras don't lie.
Speaker 2: When you get some pushback online from something you say, does that bother you or at this point, like, how do you handle that?
Speaker 1: Sometimes it bothers me. Right now, I've been going through a little bit of a mind because the show's airing, Certain girls are doing press, and certain girls are just out there just blatantly lying about me, and it makes me want to comment about it. I have, I have commented, but my turn to do press just happened and I spoke my mind. So but just a Joe Schmoe from Idaho that sends me dms like that he hates me, don't really give a shit.
Speaker 2: So and this is where the gamesmanship comes from me, Like, there's people on your show who are in the press lying about you. Yeah, and it's clear yeah right, So like what are they thinking that that's the truth is not going to come out or you're not going to be able to like give the receipts.
Speaker 1: I give receipts, baby, I always have received They are not thinking that's why they get called out. That is why they get called out. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So that's why I feel like, and I think it's different for you because your your show, your life on the show is a game, but it's not a game. It's like it's like this we not unique blend of like your life and everything's out there, but people are treating it like a game.
Speaker 1: Well, how did you get cast.
Speaker 2: In so a long long time ago? So when I was a kid, I grew up and I saw Survivor. I'm like, I love this, I want to go on it, and I'm like, I'm not the outdoorsy type. So then I saw a big brother and I'm like, Okay, it's the same thing as Survivor, but just in a house. So I sent in a VHS tape. You know what that is. They don't know what VHS tape.
Speaker 1: You girls don't know what it is. But it's just like, what's that?
Speaker 2: And you know, it took me four years to get cast. I made to like semi finals kind of learned the casting.
Speaker 1: Were you gaming at that time? Were you a gamer?
Speaker 2: No? So, like I grew up with like playing games as a kid, like sorry, Nintendo. But I just loved like the fact that you have these adults and they're taking like our lives are so serious, right, all the serious stuff's going on, and you have this like ridiculous game and all these adults are treating it like so important, and I'm just like, this is so cool and to be able to play that game would be really special. And so it took me four years to get cast.
Speaker 1: You just write a letter or send a pigeon.
Speaker 2: I just kept sending tapes every year, and I'm just like, there's no, like I'm gonna I'll keep applying until I get on the show.
Speaker 1: Is there any other game you'd want to be a part of.
Speaker 2: I don't think right now. And I think that's where Traders was so unique, right, Like it was a fresh game and like we didn't I didn't really know how to play. You didn't like there wasn't all this strategy already played out. But one of the shows I thought was really cool to watch was Squid Games. Did you ever ever see my husband did?
Speaker 1: I couldn't get into it, Like.
Speaker 2: They put like four hundred people in this compound. Yeah, it was just insanity. I'm like, this is really cool and you see like different groups of people.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's so many shows that open the door for you know, just competition shows.
Speaker 2: Across Let me ask you so because I don't know your origin story because OC was the first one. Yes, So what was there like a line at the mall being there was? There was?
Speaker 1: It was, but I didn't go to that line of the mall. It was actually a line at the Balboa Bay Club, which you actually just saw in the first two episodes of Orange County this season. That's where the party was. That's also where I got baptized. So we have a lot of a lot to do with the Balboa Bay Club. There my girlfriend who lived next door to me. Now this was two thousand and six. I had little little kids and married to Simon, and we were drinking wine and she was in the house next to me and do you remember I am AOL semester semester on your computer name? Oh my god, I can't even remember. Probably something obnoxious, she said. She sent me the application and she says, hey, they're doing a casting call, and I go, what. I don't even know what that means for the Orange County.
Speaker 2: Housewise my commercials and stuff.
Speaker 1: Now, well you know what, Dan, thank you for asking, because when I was eighteen, I did a waterbed commercial. A waterbed commercial.
Speaker 2: That sounds like something that would have played on Watch What Happens Live? Did that ever? Has that ever leaked?
Speaker 1: No, it's never been shown. I don't even know where it was. It was on a local television station in Glendora, California, Okay, and I bought a water bed and then they called me back and said would you mind being in our commercial?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's your commercial.
Speaker 1: That's my extent of tea.
Speaker 2: So you weren't like actress? No, so what made you compelled to like, oh let me do this casting?
Speaker 1: Oh maybe in a smart ass. So my girlfriend sends me over the application for housewives. She goes they're doing a cast and call at Balbo Bay Club. I said, well, I had just gott into real estate, so I'm doing an open house and coded cause it that day, so I will not be there. But there was an online application and I filled it out very obnoxious, you know, just said obnoxious things. Didn't send a picture, didn't send anything in picture, nothing. And I got a phone call the next day saying, hey, I saw your application. I'd really like to interview you. And I'm like, what the b And so I tell my husband at the time, and I thought for sure because he's very controlling, and he'd be like, no, we're not doing that, Like sure, call them up. I'm like okay. So I called him up. They came to my house. I did an interview. They gave me a big stack of papers to fill out. I never filled them out, never thought I had the chance. They called me back, They're like, did you feel Mom said no, like, can we come back? We want to meet your husband, kids. Okay, met the husband and kids.
Speaker 2: So this play just like whatever because no one knows that Housewives.
Speaker 1: No Housewives, well no there was. I came in season three.
Speaker 2: Oh so there was two.
Speaker 1: And they were kind of boring. It was very not like it is today, but you know, it's what started everything. And so I ultimately got cast on the show, and I you know, I'm like, I don't know why you want me, but here I am. And I really changed Housewives as it is today. I came in feisty, calling people out, and before it was a very sleepy show, like just documenting like oh dinner with the girls, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and yeah, I felt like I've seen like the early episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah when the day that I screamed, did you got a bas leg? Everything changed?
Speaker 2: So let me let me ask this. If you never got that I am or that in some message, how would your life be different? Like, I'm serious, have you ever thought to like recollect and be like, let me go down this alternate world where.
Speaker 1: I think about that sometimes? And I really don't know. I know for sure I would have gotten divorced from my kid's father. I knew that was going to happen, but I was in real estate, and real estate was great back then, so I probably would have just jumped on that or but I don't know. I always thought that I was destined to do something in entertainment. You know. When I was little, I would dream like I always this is really mean, but I always thought of myself as Maryland from the Munsters, like the whole families like look like evil characters, and Marylyn was this pretty blonde girl. That's sorry family Carolyn, the Munsters. It was like Frankenstein looking down lady with long like black hair. And then there was you, and then there was me. And I always felt like, you know, I always wanted bigger and better. I always liked nice things. When I would dream, I dreamed that I was living in a castle, like all these things so crazy, and I don't know, I thought that one day this mouth would get me somewhere, get me or in jail. I wasn't sure one or the other. And here we are today, but so many, you know, early reality shows, and I don't even know if they called them reality shows back then. I mean, I'm trading spaces. I don't know if you remember that when I used to love all that house decorating shows and things like that.
Speaker 2: I watch like early Survive Like when Survivor I did it was like super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, watch I watched that when it first came out.
Speaker 2: Did you ever think about applying for that? Because I could, I could see you on that just as like a complete one eighties.
Speaker 1: I think that I was too, Like I was such a stay at home mom and my kids were so little and close in age, and I'm like, you know what, I just I'm happy being at home. And you know, I was a single mom for a long time with Ryan, so being able to just stay home and have children, I was very content.
Speaker 2: Did you going on these shows? Did it not change your personality but like force you to do like night life stuff when you weren't doing it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, for sure. Like when I started the show, like I I had friends in the neighborhood, but I did not go on girls trips. I did not go, hey, you guys want to go to a happy hour? None of that. I mean to be honest with you, I don't do it now.
Speaker 2: Well that's what was when we met. I'm like, you're like, yeah, I'm kind of a homebody, Like really.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm not kind of I am a homebody. I am a homebody. I you know, sometimes I'm like, get yourself out, you know, go do stuff. My husband is more wanting to go out to dinner and do things, and you know, I'm like, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Do you view when you have to go, like to that club to shoot a scene you look at that as work, like I need to go shoot this or is it, hey, I'm going to hang out and some stuff it?
Speaker 1: So you know what kind of both it's work depends on who I have to go film with. But you know, I have a good gig. I get paid to go to lunch with people be yourself and be myself, so it doesn't suck at all. But yeah, where do you think you want to Is there any shows that you wanted beyond other than this podcast?
Speaker 2: You know? I mean I just think like if there's a new game that comes out that it has to be very special. Like to me, I knew The Traders was going to be special. I knew the cast was going to be amazing, and it's a new fun game. I just for me to do another show, it just can't be the same thing over and over. And this is like an example of like doing this, Like I don't want to go do another reality TV podcast. I just don't want to do that. But like you pair me with you, I'm like, okay, this is unique diff you're from.
Speaker 1: You got the gamer in the housewife, gamer in the housewife. Now, how long has it been since you were on Big Brother?
Speaker 2: So last time I was on Big Brother was twenty twelve and so but since then, like probably every year, every other year, I would get pitched a reality show where there's amazing race, you know something.
Speaker 1: And I'm just like, I just like I tried out for amazing race.
Speaker 2: Good, yeah, me my amazing race and that survivor or Big Brother.
Speaker 1: Well it just kind of fell on our laps and Teddy and I were going to do it together. So recently, yeah, this is like two years ago, I think, and we went through the entire process and they did not pick us.
Speaker 2: Really no, was it conflict of interest or I don't know.
Speaker 1: We never got a reason why. I probably passed. I didn't pass a psych evaluation. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: That would be great TV. Is there has there ever been a when you do something like that, like because I know Bravo and Peacock are aligned. Yeah, if you do, can you do stuff outside of that?
Speaker 1: We have to get permission. And I do have Amazing Race carved out of my contract because I had talked to them after that and they were interested in having me and Eddie do the show together.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: I probably would have felt more comfortable doing it with Eddie because some of that stuff that you have to do in a foreign country, like I'd rather have a man, and Teddy's just not manly enough. I mean, I know she has that deep voice, but she's just not masculine enough for me.
Speaker 2: Is Andy the Kingsmaker? Is he the one that signs off me like yep, tam, or you can do this or no?
Speaker 1: Probably really yeah? Probably over at Bravo, they're the ones that sign off. So we have then we have a production company, and then.
Speaker 2: He's got He's probably an interesting story how he like worked his way up, like he runs that network.
Speaker 1: I know he's a he's a very busy man, not to mention he's got podcasts and radio shows, but.
Speaker 2: Talk about gamesmanship. There's like to work your way up to the head of a company that isn't like like, I'm sure he likes you know that he was on.
Speaker 1: Got Sex in the City. He was he was on Sex in the City. Yeah, it was like that's to this day him and Sarah Jessica Park are really good friends.
Speaker 2: But was that before he was like Andy Cohen.
Speaker 1: Yes, he was like very very young. He had this big head of curly hair and he was I can't remember what he did because.
Speaker 2: First time I saw m he hosted this it was just I mean it was called Battle of the Network Stars and they brought these reality TV personalities together for this competition show and it was like super low budget. But I think he hosted it. And that was like right around the time when Bravo turned from like you know, like Bravo was boring before. Yeah, and then it was like he'd.
Speaker 1: When they had just career ire for the straight Guy or something like that. Very yeah, yeah, Tabitha's takeover something like that. Well, there's so many amazing reality competition shows out there, and we want to talk to every single contestant. Now Big Brother is airing right now, right, yes, yes, now are you watching?
Speaker 2: So this is probably going to rub some people the wrong way, but who better to be on a couch with rubbing people the wrong way? Here's my take on Big brother Big Brother has become. When I played it, it was like the nicest person didn't win, Like it was just whoever played hard. There would be like people.
Speaker 1: Crying over didn't you win? But you step in your.
Speaker 2: But like so, so that's how it used to be, and I don't want to be this like, oh it used to be this way. But now it's like they're on camera twenty four to seven, so people are hyper aware of everything they say and they do. So now it's like they're playing two games. They're playing the social media game. Yeah, and then so that will impact how people make moves in the house. So like, well, I don't want to go after Tammer because I know everyone on social media is gonna love tamor well guess what if the right move is to go after you, that's the right move. And so I've seen like the game and it's I think it was just inevitable with the rise of social media. It's like you have people who go on there to play, like probably like housewives play to the cameras. They're not there to play the game. They're not there to be real like people love you. I like watching you because like now I see it like you're on TV, that's who you are in real life. I don't want to see like, you know, robots and fake people and so so.
Speaker 1: You feel like it's just a little bit too fake now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I just think it's it's no one's fault you're not watching. No, I'll watch the finale because to me, that's always like someone busted their tail for an entire.
Speaker 1: Summing and it's no longer. They were doing celebrity. Yeah, our very own teddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah what she say about it? What did she?
Speaker 1: She was very sure she got kicked off. She's very opinionated, and I think that's one of those things where they're like, okay, get on. Yeah, so she we were kind of bombed. I was the first time I ever really watched Big Brother. I had a viewing party, you know, because I couldn't talk to her. Yeah, they take your phone away.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, you have nothing, no phone Internet. It's like I mean, it is. I would love to see you in that environment because the walls come in very quickly.
Speaker 1: Like very you're actually on a set, right, you're a closed set, and do you get to go outside?
Speaker 2: There's like an outdoor, but imagine this is it and they're like the ceilings cut out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I was. I just did pressed the other day and I don't remember what studio is at, but it was where they were filming Big Brother, and they were saying that they have to put higher screens around the outside area. That's right. They had to put these big, dark screens because there was a housing department on the either side, and they would scream down and give it away.
Speaker 2: People are not Yeah, people are us. People fly like planes over they'll like rent a plane or pay for a plane with a message, and holy hell. The thing I always loved about Big Brother is there was always a wide diversity of house guests from age everything. And I feel like the past couple of years and I think this year, like they put an older woman on there, which I think makes it more fun.
Speaker 1: Older like my age, you're young, you're in your form, but like no I'm not.
Speaker 2: But like it got to like, okay, here's twenties, the thirties, but the hits makers the entertainers were like the crazy like sixty year old lady, the seventy eight year old dude losing his mind. I mean, so it's just it kind of got away from that so we'll see. I mean, it's I think the show is so dependent on the cast, and I think if you can get a cast in there that doesn't care about social media, that's when it's great television.
Speaker 1: Is there any newer competition shows that you're watching, Like there's like a House of Villains.
Speaker 2: I watched the one that really grabbed me outside of Traders with Squid Games, because it's just something new. It's like, I love the show. So there's a fiction show about these people fighting for their lives and the winner got four million dollars and then they recreated that almost like scene for scene.
Speaker 1: But four million dollars is worth fighting for, I know.
Speaker 2: But like, but you got to think, like a typical show, you see like fifteen twenty people competing. They had like hundreds of people on a show, and I'm like, this is new, this is cool that there's this competition where there's this glass bridge and like one step, one block, like shatters you fall thirty feet the next magic of television. But so you see these people like Tammer, you go first know you and it's like that's what I want to see. I want to see people in these like tough environments having to make game decisions. And I think a lot of these games, like even Big Brother and Survivor, it's been on for so long so people know exactly what to expect. We're like something like Traders, We're kind of like figuring it out now. I would expect the next season of Traders, people are going to know, Okay, here's how Dan messed up. Let me not do that. There's a lot of things. No, we had, you know, Suri and like the Civilians in the first season, like they didn't know what they were doing. You know. No.
Speaker 1: I like it that it's all celebrity people that's on it.
Speaker 2: Which can we randomly talk about? You and Deontay are from the same hometown? I know?
Speaker 1: Is that crazy? Who knew that Deontay lives in Glendora, California, where I grew up. I was like when I met him for the first time, I'm like, oh, where are you from? He's like Glendor. I'm like, no, you're not.
Speaker 2: You're so bizarre because I was there. I'm like, what, let's talk.
Speaker 1: About Johnny Bananas?
Speaker 2: He does he not like you? Well, I'm okay, I'm cool, but I'm gonna tell you this. This is what I heard, so here's like tea for everyone, and I'm sure that's tea. But I heard he was supposed to be in season three, and you you know that I did to the little like you know him as much as I know me, maybe no more. This dude lives for reality TV, like this is his life.
Speaker 1: And his career. He's a career reality TV competition.
Speaker 2: So then I heard he's not doing it, and I'm like, I dug a little bit. I asked him, like why isn't he doing it? And so, I mean, that's just he didn't expect it. So I reached out to him like, hey, like are you okay, because for him not to do that, it's like, hey, you're not breathing oxygen. And he never spinned him. I was genuinely just wanted to do yeah, I guess, but I wanted to check out him because like if someone not doing their favorite things, well, he just DMed.
Speaker 1: Me and said we need to get together soon. So he lives pretty close to me. Okay, he lives in Fuller ten, so he lives pretty close.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't take it personal, you know, I like.
Speaker 1: I but I feel like somebody like him that is like a career competitor.
Speaker 2: I guess you call him.
Speaker 1: He takes things very serious and I don't remember what your guys beef was.
Speaker 2: No, he was just mad that I voted him out or that I took him out first. That was it. I didn't like slander him, But.
Speaker 1: I think if he went back to Traders, I think it would happen again, probably because people would be afraid of him because he's so good at what he does.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing, if someone spends their whole life doing the same thing over and over again, Like, why do I want to go up against someone? Why do you want to go against someone who's been doing this for fifteen years in a row.
Speaker 1: EMCT he made it all the way to the end. I'm surprised somebody didn't get rid of him. I didn't know you're worried about me, little sick me.
Speaker 2: I knew who CT was. I didn't know he was. He was like considered the babe Ruth of the challenge. I didn't know that. That was just like a really dynamic and.
Speaker 1: Johnny been working together for years. So no, you're gonna say that Bananas won't be on our podcast anytimes.
Speaker 2: No, I would love to talk. I have no And that's the thing like to me, like I will play like if we're playing Monopoly, you're gonna hate me in the game. I'm gonna do everything I need to. But when it's over, like, I'm cool. I just want to talk about like do people other housewives come to you and be like, Okay, help me, let me ask you Just has anyone ever and any housewife I could be on any season come to you and be like, hey, what do you think? What can I do? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it happens all the time. Usually what happens is a first season housewife will reach out to me and say, you know, I really love you. You've been on the show for a long time. Do you have any advice for me?
Speaker 2: How do you will? You can? I can? I guess how you take that? I bet you you're flattered and then you actually really genuinely try to help them.
Speaker 1: I do absolutely, let me ask before you answer.
Speaker 2: What you say to what other people on your cast?
Speaker 1: Do that? No?
Speaker 2: No, no?
Speaker 1: And I do that to almost every new cast member that comes on the show. I will tell them like listen, you know, just be yourself, don't lie, you know, just be authentic, be open and you're gonna be fine. That's all you can do. And if you're they don't find you interesting enough, then it's not that bad being normal. It's not that bad, you know, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Is that? Like is that the kiss of death though, is if they don't like you or if they don't remember you for sure? So yeah, So when you say that, isn't there an element of like be yourself but like you can do this to be memorable? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, But you know, when new people come into this, they there the show's been on for so long that they're like, I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Or they come in and go, well, I'm going to do what this girl did and I'm going to act like that and I'm going to be this, and they already have it all planned out in their head, you know, And and that doesn't work. We don't want somebody that's prerehearsed coming in and scram everything up for the show. So I have to ask you a question, what do you think the secret to success in life is?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's a very personal question. So I will give my answer, but I want to hear your answer to me, I feel like success is doing what you want as much as you humanly possibly can. You know, So for me, what does that mean? That means I get to control my schedule. I get to be part of cool projects and do things that I like while also being present for my children and my wife and being able to do all that you know, coach little league, do that stuff. That's success for me? What is success for me?
Speaker 1: I agree with that, and I also want to say, like, to me, success is not measured by how much money you have in your bank, or what kind of car you drive, what kind of you know job you have. I think success is doing something that you really really enjoy doing every single day and having just being happy and having a loving family and all those things. Money comes and goes. Don't even care about that, you know. I don't want to be like, oh, but you know, I'm a social climber and I'm successful. I don't buy into that stuff.
Speaker 2: When you say getting to do what you love to do every day, what does that mean for tamor like, what do you love to do for me? Like?
Speaker 1: You know, I I didn't go to college out of high school. I got my manicuring license. I did nails. Then later in life, I got my real estate license, so it's always looking for something to do when I and I did that because I love houses, I love decorating houses, I love everything to do with it. So every day that I was selling houses, I enjoyed it. Then when I got on reality TV, I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but I really enjoyed it, and I really liked it, and I really liked that I had a set schedule that you know, these days are months I'm in a film, this is I'm gonna do press, and you know, then I do this and then we have a few months off and I do it all over again. I was able to be with my kids for the majority of time. I didn't have to get up at six and the Moe drive to work and be gone all day long and miss everything and come back. So I that to me was a success because I was able to be there for my children, for my husband and all that. Just hard working and happiness really, you know, and.
Speaker 2: You have a lot going on. You have a CBD company, you have a million podcasts, you have the two houses, I know million You talk about at some point the house that you've fixed up because it plays into what you're just talking about. So it sounds like for you, what you love to do is like if you see something you want to do, whether it's a company you want to start, podcasts, a house you want to renovate, you just have the capacity to do that when you want to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I have the drive to do it for me, like, if I put my mind to do something, I'm going to do it, and I'm going to do I'm going to kill it. And I have and of course I've had failures, but your failures are what teaches you to be stronger and to keep going. And I feel like, you know, for this girl that didn't end up going to college, I'm doing pretty damn well. Although my youngest daughters like, mom, why do I have to go to college? You didn't go to college, And look at.
Speaker 2: You, I mean, what do you say that.
Speaker 1: I said, listen, you're right, You're absolutely right, And I'm not forcing my child to go to college. I said, I think that. Well, I let her take a gap year and she's like, oh, this sucks, like and I said, you know, it's not fun to adult. So I if I were you, I would take the opportunity to go to college. You got four years your brother living his best life. I'm paying his rent. You know, he's over there in Fullerton, cal State Fullerton. He just actually graduated. And you know, living you learn a lot that way. You just learn just basic life skills.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get sentimental here on you, But do you think there'll be a day when you're like, this is it? This is my last season. I'm going to like do you want to call your shot when you go out?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You do? Yeah, like the farewell tour, like this is it? Like do you think do you think you'll hit a point where you're like, Okay, I'm done, or do you think you want to go until No.
Speaker 1: I think that there's going to be a day that I'm going to be done. I don't want to be sixty years old and fighting with women on a reality show. But I also think that I've been on reality for so long that stuff is just going to come my way. Anyways, even if I were to go, and who knows, like nothing's promised, I could lose my job next season and I would be perfectly fine. I've already had the firing a couple of years back that you know what it sucked, but once you get hurt like that, it just never stings the same again.
Speaker 2: But I think that's what makes you such an iconic reality TV personality, is like you don't have to have this right like you. I think you see people on TV and competition shows are like they have to, like they're so desperate and like it comes off as like inauthentic, like when you say like I'm good tomorrow, like I think everyone listening myself include believes it, like you've had a great.
Speaker 1: I've had a great run. I mean I was saying I want to quit any time standards. I don't get the kid. I'm not putting that message out there, but I think when the day comes, like I'm going to live a really happy life because at the end of the day, I have a really happy life and I have a really good life, and I'm very busy, and you know, we're in the middle of doing a new new business, so self defense business. It's basically what it sounds like.
Speaker 2: It's we go.
Speaker 1: It's mostly run by simulations, so they will teach you like virtual like virtual so it is it has tacticals involved in it, although there's no guns, but there's they're not actual real guns.
Speaker 2: What is tactical like a fake gun?
Speaker 1: It's gone just tactical just a I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, elain like a BB gun. Is it like?
Speaker 1: No, it's actually you go into a room. They're going to give you different scenarios on the screen where you are taught to carry a firearm and what the proper way of doing that. And you go into the screen and you can be a situation you're getting carjacked, or you're getting you're in a shooting in the mall or anything like that teaches you things that you would never probably ever experience, but you could nowadays. There's the just a self defense part where they were you're being taught to defend yourself, not like full jiu jitsuything like that, but the basics.
Speaker 2: Have you gone through it?
Speaker 1: Yes, I've gone through it? If like yeah, But it's like a membership base where you go a couple of times a week where you learn, like I'm putting my daughter through it. I want to put my son. He's fighting me on it, but I want to put my son through it just because you know, there's a woman the other day that was at the mall elderly woman and she was robbed from from behind and then killed and there's just techniques that you can learn that might have saved her life. And it's it's just an amazing concept. So it's yeah, it's kind of like a video game.
Speaker 2: How did that's real? Quick? How did that's like? Where did that come from?
Speaker 1: We were approached by these people, this this guy. I don't know both of them. I knew one and we were talking. I go, oh my god, I'd really want to invest in something like that. And he's like, well, I brought the rights for all of California, so if you want to get in it, and so we said, yep, let's do it.
Speaker 2: That's exciting. Yeah, that's very cool.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so that's another video game of life, trying to stay alive, Stay Alive.
Speaker 2: We kind of talked about it, but I'm going to I want you to get specific. So you've made a name for yourself, right, like like if you close, if I close my eyes and I think of housewives, I see you in like maybe two or three others, and I'm like, I'm like a passive you know, like Bravo fan. Like I would say, like like.
Speaker 1: When you're passing in the hallway and your wife has it on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like yeah, like I'm like a normy, Like I'm not going to bravokon and things like that. You know, So what do you think has made you stand out over the other people that have come and gone, come and gone, Like I guarantee like when you when you go to Bravo Khan, like you're one of the people that you don't need a name. Everyone knows who you are, whether they watch OC or not.
Speaker 1: I think I think my Ranas really captures people and saying what most people are thinking but they don't have the balls to say it, and calling out people when they are lying. And you know, and I'm not afraid of making an ass out of myself. You know, you've seen me drunk on TV.
Speaker 2: Any moments like that you're maybe proud of or not proud of that have like stood.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's a ton of like what well, I mean, you know, there was a bathtub scene I'm not very proud of. But there's also scenes like you know, my granddaughter was born on camera. I was baptized on camera. I was proposed to on camera. I got married on camera. You know, I have like Eddie's grandma that's ninety eight years old right now, was on camera and you know she's not going to be around for much longer and we have her, you know, yeah, on camera.
Speaker 2: So there's a there's a lot about any one liners or like famous sayings, like we were talking about one in the holidays, Judge. Yeah, I'd asked my wife what the story was that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I've had quite a few. I mean one of my favorites is is you're ass jealous of the shit that comes out of your mouth? And the girl responded yes because she didn't know what I was talking about.
Speaker 2: Was that premeditated or was that on the spot? Like had you thought of that line before?
Speaker 1: I had thought I had heard that line before. And there's just one girl that was just so full of shit and she was just talking. I'm like, oh my god, this is a perfect opportunity. That's my opinion. Was something that I never thought would be as popular as it is. Just never seems to go away. But but you know, there's always stuff that's coming out of my mouth that is it keeps on going, It just keeps on going. Well down. It was so great to catch up and to finally get this podcast off the ground. We have been struggling. The last time you came out we were supposed to do I got sick, And now here we are. I am so excited. I hope that we're going to be able to do a little recap on Traders as well, because I feel like that's going to be coming out soon. I'm so so excited. People love Traders. It's up for an Emmy.
Speaker 2: Awesome. I know, good job.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I didn't do much.
Speaker 2: You're a part of the catch. No, I'm excited. I think we have a lot of great guests coming through. I think I am just so excited to get a chance to talk to them, but also see your perspective on some of these reality TV winners that you may not be familiar with. And I want to see how you approach him, because we're just coming at this from two very different angles, Oh for sure. And I like, I always love having a front seat to like fireworks in great entertainment, and I think I think that's coming down the road happening.
Speaker 1: So you guys tune in. We're going to have our first guest, which is Max w was on Traders with us and dancing with the stars. We'll see you soon.