Speaker 1: To get loud podcasts. Oh my lord, what do I even start? We're gonna talk about animals in the wild, Yes we are. We got college football? Why not? Of course we're gonna talk commanders and their quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jakobe, how you doing? Guys?
Speaker 1: It is to get Loud Podcasts with Jenks and Smooth, presented by seat Geek, the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 2: We upgrade.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, that's what happens when when people start to tune in to it, they actually listening to us.
Speaker 1: Jinks got the big billboard behind us.
Speaker 3: And then it's the holidays. You know, the holidays bring people together. So maybe people like didn't have to work and they say, you know what, let's check out Jinx and Smooth don't get loud.
Speaker 1: Well, you mentioned the holidays. I saw you about a half hour ago. When you came in. You had a big smile on your face. So what did you do for the holidays?
Speaker 2: Kids?
Speaker 3: Kids, kids, kids, kids, enjoying my kids?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I cooked dinner.
Speaker 3: And the one thing about the Smooth household, we are very competitive, even to my little kids.
Speaker 2: So Uno is the is the game of choice? Oh? You play Uno?
Speaker 1: That's all school.
Speaker 3: But also when as they lose, it's always something on the line. Like I tell my kids, when you're losing life, it's always something you gonna have to give up. So push ups in my household, being kisty push ups boys girls does not matter. And then we usually have the game of the day, Like we all like to play basketball. Okay, So I picked my daughters on my team, my sons and get on the other team and we'll.
Speaker 2: Go at it.
Speaker 3: Whoever lose that one gotta run three miles. So we have a lot of competition, and daddy never loses.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Daddy never loses. That's the way it is.
Speaker 3: Like I figured I got I got a window, like seven more years, yeah, where I could be truly dominant before I'm taken down by one of the older kids. But I think I got a seven year oneer still left. I can dominate jeans. What about you?
Speaker 2: What you do?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man? I just chilled with the girl. We had four days off together. Our scheduled you know, always all over the place. So the first night we went out, took a front of ours out because she was kind of lonely. Family's not here. Wanted to take her. I made sure she had a good time. In the next three days, all we did was chill, watch movies.
Speaker 2: He Open Guests was great.
Speaker 3: Well, I did go to the movies. That's one thing we do on Christmas, smooth family. We always go watch a movie.
Speaker 2: Okay. I went to see the Awquamain awqu with Maayine two. How was it?
Speaker 3: It was actually better, listen, better than I thought it was gonna be. Because it's the last movie in the dc U. D c uh like it's over it, So I watched it. I thought it was visually stunning like it was. It was great. I thought the storyline was good. His brother arm the Ocean Master was great in it. It was good Black Manta. They boosted him up, powered him up.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a good movie. Like but it did signify the end of the DCU. But I'm very excited to see what James Gunn is gonna do with d C Now.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're talking about powering up. Yeah, man is trying to power this offense. And Ron Rivera made the announcement the head coach not too long ago. Jobe were Sat will be the starter at quarterback this week and against the Niners instead of Sam. How do you like this?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: I had to bring this up because when I remember when Jacoby first got drafted and I said his name the first time, I didn't say bris said, I said Jacoby Brisket. I never forgot it. So anytime I see his name now, the first thing that hit my mind.
Speaker 1: Unless you love food.
Speaker 2: Love food.
Speaker 3: But I wanted those think, all right, if you're trying to save Sam's sould, okay, if you're trying to save Sam for next year and protect him from hisself, because a part of me feels like he's hit that rookie wallah because even the zip on his ball is not even there.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's the sixty sacks he's taking. His body is storing to wear down.
Speaker 3: So I do understand it in a way, but it also makes me wonder, you know, what's the endgame of it? Is you only protecting him from himself? And I can say this about Jacoby, and I said this all year. He's the eary third starring quarterback in the league. He's the best backup in football. He's been a starter in my eyes. I just think the last two games with him coming in not even playing really a four three quarters.
Speaker 1: And you're seeing the infusion that he that energy that he puts into the.
Speaker 2: It's not the energy, it's the the veterans.
Speaker 3: He's a vet, and when the vet gets in the game, he plays like a vet, all right. So I think he shows you a little bit more in depth of what the Eric B enemy offense looks like. When the perfect reads are made are when you're throwing it to the right person, you're getting the ball out of your hand quick.
Speaker 2: I think he makes it go.
Speaker 3: Easier because he's just been through and he's been through way more than Sam has been through. And I think they really doing this with Jakobe right now to say Sam, how from itself?
Speaker 1: So let me dive into this a little bet. When you say a vet, obviously that means experience, but but specifically when you're talking about what he does differently than Sam, what.
Speaker 3: Do you see, Uh, reads a cleaner, easier, no where to go with the ball, anticipate. The one thing Sam needs to understand is everybody you throw the ball to is not gonna be open. You have to throw them open. Jakobe knows how to throw people over. It's just the nuance of the position. Like the one thing we always see from young quarterbacks is they think the hard I throw the motive.
Speaker 2: Should catch the ball. But that ain't the thing about it.
Speaker 3: You got no win to put touch, You got no when to throw people open, You got no win to throw to the pilove, you got no when to throw the ball away. Like So these are the small things that Jakobe don't have to second guess about after being in the league. Long as he is no defense, we can show Jacoby that he has in So yeah, all right, So now I think it's gonna be harder for them to game plan for Jacoby because it's all right now we're gonna have to play everything kind of fair.
Speaker 2: We can't cheat with this guy.
Speaker 3: We're saying, we can kind of cheat, show them something and give them something else.
Speaker 2: With the Kobe, you can't do that. You can't. You can't do all the dressing things up and think is he gonna fool him? And will not fool him?
Speaker 1: And when you think about eric enemy, you would think, based on his experience, he'll be able to do more without When you have a veteran.
Speaker 2: Of he's gonna he won't hold anything back. He would do it. He would he would be to call things at a riskier pace.
Speaker 3: He would also, don't forget Jacoby said, it's one of the best quarterback sneak quarterbacks in the league.
Speaker 2: So you're third and one, now you have a go to play. It ain't the.
Speaker 3: Touch push, but you know what I'm saying. But you have a quarterback that can get that dumb. So Jakobe brings different challenges for the defense on the other side. Now, the defense he's gonna be going against is the forty nine Ers defense, which is no slouch in the rout. So I think it's gonna be a challenge, and I think maybe that's another reason why they started Jakobe. You know, you let next two defenses out of forty nine Ers and the Cowboys. Why not let the veteran take that over.
Speaker 1: I want to go back to Sam for a second, because when you talk about him needing a break, certainly physically he is a break. He's taking a beating. I feel like he's hit.
Speaker 2: The rocky wall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But mentally, how much can that help you? When all right, I'm beat down, but I'm still learning the game. I just need a breath, you know, I need a break to sort of reset and none continue.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, usually I can say this, Usually you don't get that. Usually when they benched is forever benching. But I think this one is let's protect him from hisself because we haven't done a good job of that from the beginning of the year.
Speaker 2: Yes, he might hit.
Speaker 3: That rooking wall because I don't see the spry step he used to have.
Speaker 2: I don't see the zip on the ball. I don't he's but.
Speaker 3: See he's mentally beat up, he's physically beat up. Like it's it's everything all together. And people don't know how long a football season is. A football scene is long. And don't forget Sam. They added a game too, by the way, they added a game. Plus Sam played every preseason game. Yeah, so to him his body, this is almost the twentyeth game of the year. So I understand why they're doing it. I just don't think people need to look and say, Jakobe Brissett is our future.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's where it's going.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so this is more and Ron said, I'm just trying to protect the young man. Yeah, and give him a reset here, so we don't want to harp on the Jets. That was a heartbreaking loss. But if you're looking for some sort of positive, the fact that this team rallied after such an awful first half shows that they've got some fight too.
Speaker 2: You don't believe in more real victor is.
Speaker 3: I like to fight in the team. I like to fight in the dog. I liked the fact that when they was pinned down, they just kept on chopping wood, kept on chopping wood. And that's what I respect about the team because I've been in the locker room. We had nothing to play for. I tell you what we do play for the name on front of the jersey and the name on the back of it. Because at the end of the day, as a football player, you're an independent contract.
Speaker 2: Don't ever get a twist ye, So if.
Speaker 3: You put bad film out there, you'll probably be the last bad film you put out there.
Speaker 2: So I didn't expect them to give up.
Speaker 3: But we're talking about the New York Chicks, talking about Trevis.
Speaker 2: I know, we're talking about Fireman. What's the Fireman? They ain't up there.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's that dude? Fireman and friends, Willy, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It just was a bad day and I gotta say this, not saying it because my team was slipping and falling. Because I watched the game with the Giants in field death. You they have to do something with their metlight.
Speaker 1: Feel well, you know the NFL p has already come out and said, listen, we gotta switch this up. This turf is bad.
Speaker 2: This turf is bad.
Speaker 3: We had like receivers fall on eleven consecutive plays. All right, this is this is no joke, Like you have to change that surface. Is proven that that church that surface needs to be changed. And what are you changing it to? Like you're gonna have to go with real turf?
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 3: Artificial turf does not work when it gets cold. Do you not see that when it gets cold.
Speaker 2: It gets slick.
Speaker 3: When it gets slick, it gets slippery, and when it gets cold, it get hard. So at the end of the day, let's play with the grass. Jesus games, Like, how about how about we not try to reindmit the wheel and we play with real grass.
Speaker 1: You know, I love the NFL like never cops to this. Remember them the Super Bowl last year the Eagles were slipping all over the place and cheese were slipping all over the place, and one guy won turf experts like this is one of the worst fields I've ever seen with the NFL. Say, nah, change your cleats there.
Speaker 2: You need to sell more inches and studs in there.
Speaker 3: Like at the end of the day, the surface should be the last thing we had to worry real about. Yeah, and that New York has always been bad, like it ain't never been good.
Speaker 1: Well, and before we transition here, I do want to say one guy that deserves some credit Chris Rodriguez, because remember when we talked about him in the preseason. We're covering those games and we watched him make the team in the preseason. So for him to go out and have a performance like that, I think it was pretty rewarding. Well.
Speaker 3: And he just he runs so violently. He runs with violent intentions. He one of them guys gets to you with nasty intentions and he explodes like I love that. He runs like Pacheco from Kansas City, Like you get angry, angry.
Speaker 2: You can feel every steps.
Speaker 3: It's like the grands is cussing, why you running so hard? Like it's one of them things Like listen, I enjoy watching violent running running backs, and this kid is showing them.
Speaker 2: I really want to see him.
Speaker 3: In the past game though, because I know what he could do running the ball. I know what he could do blocking past blocking one of the best blockers on his team running back. Why I want to see what he can do kitchen to borrow jeks.
Speaker 1: Let's pay some bills paid m Let's start with Honda. We love Hona. Why not please feel the power of the CRV Hybrid and the Cord Hybrid, Honda's most electrifying vehicles yet. Find adventure one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sports, Honda's most rugged suv ever or ever ever ever. Or experience the thrilling performance of the fund to drive Honda Civic with an available turbocharged engine. Get power, performance, ruggedness with Honda. Find the Honda perfect for you. See your local Honda dealer today and guys at RTS Recycle Track Systems transforming the way commercial businesses and communities manage waste and recycling. They combine the power of AI with premium customer service to optimize waste pickup schedules, ensuring timely and efficient collections to keep our neighborhoods cleaner and green, cleaner and.
Speaker 3: You gotta realize, Jings, this is the most recycle month of the year.
Speaker 2: Oh is it because of Christmas?
Speaker 3: It's a lot of cardboard, old Christmas trees, talking paper, wrapping paper, a lot of stuff. This is the month if you really want to get your recyclon, get your recyclone.
Speaker 1: That'sn't even get your recycling.
Speaker 2: Get your recyclon. Baby.
Speaker 1: Visit artist don Condor earn how they can help your business manage waste more responsibly. How about we go around the NFL.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: So the Baltimore ravens.
Speaker 3: Lamar, Lamar and Lamar. Hey, listen, the law firm or Lamar Lamar is one of the best.
Speaker 2: Like, listen to me.
Speaker 3: I watched him grow up in front of my eyes. Now he's basically the perfect quarterback. Yeah, I can beat you with my feet. I'd rather beat you with my mom Now he's running to pass the ball. Now he understands, all right, I'm just really gonna run when I have to. So now they start to play me.
Speaker 2: Even he's evolving.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's evolved into this BUTTERFLI it's just so funny with two hundred and fifty million to do.
Speaker 1: It. Before he signed that contract. Remember people saying he's overrated, he's always here. I'm like, this is a former envy, like, don't sleep on Mark Jackson here.
Speaker 3: Go to think about it though, And this was hurt so bad, Jinx, it hurts. I'm about to cry. We all had a chance to try to.
Speaker 2: Sign that's true.
Speaker 3: How do you feel if you're a coat right now? How do you feel if you're a falcon? How do you feel if you're a commander. We had a chance to dance and know about everybody. Act like, I want to step back now. That's two minutes for my blood.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: To pay a franchise quarterback in this league is a privilege. It ain't many eight billion people on this blue planet. We ain't found thirty two that can play quarterback yet, all in the same year. So I'm with the law firm of Lamar, Lamar and Lamar. When it comes to who I think for the MVP, I think Party pushed itself out yep. And everybody been waiting on Purdy.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say they've been waiting for a game.
Speaker 3: Like they've been waiting for this, and he gave it to him. I think he's a ball I don't way. People just this is the thing I hate about football. People think because of where you was drafted, that's who you are.
Speaker 2: For sure. Being drafted period is a privilege.
Speaker 1: If he had been a first round pick, nobody would be saying this.
Speaker 3: No, if he had been a first round pick, they would have gave him the VP three months ago.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So at the end of the day, pretty good Christian McCaffrey. I think he's a guy that could get in there Tyreek Hill. You know it's a quarterbacks trophy, we know that. But I think if LaMarsh scruggs in the lake next two weeks and somebody like Tyreek gets close to that two thousand.
Speaker 2: How could you not give him the MVP?
Speaker 1: Jinks, because you know what, they never give MVPs to receivers. They just don't do it.
Speaker 2: They give everything else to I.
Speaker 1: Agree he could win Offensive Player of the Year, but the MVP, I hate to say it is and I don't agree with this, but it's always a quarterback award.
Speaker 3: And that's what it is, and that's why we think it's unfair. Yes, it's unfairs.
Speaker 1: What are you supposed to do? Like the year I always say Cooper Cup. A couple of years ago, the League Crown won the Triple Crown of receiving. If you can't give the MVP to a guy that does that, what else can you do?
Speaker 2: Well? I thought this was one of those year where a quarterback didn't.
Speaker 3: Clearly stand out because two weeks ago it was Dak Presky, then it was Rock Pirdy, and then he was like, so they just rotates who got the best record? Who the quarterback of that team? That's who were gonna get a trophy to That's bad math. Yeah, that that math ain't math.
Speaker 2: Is The last none quarterback to win the.
Speaker 3: MVP was Adrian Peterson And how long ago is that one hundred deal?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So what I feel is how biased can you be at one point?
Speaker 2: Do you say no, let's open this thing up and let's be fair.
Speaker 3: I think Tyreek Hill should be up it because if you watch that Dolphin team, they're a different team with him and without him. And I think he's the most dangerous weapon in football. Listen, when we played them, I had a nightmare of the night before like I was playing, I was not playing against together. That's how scary Tyreek Hill is. He is a scary cover. He can't be covered with one guy.
Speaker 1: You was crazy to me. Remember before the season he said that last year he didn't really know the playbook. Yeah, he was just running to an open spot, getting the ball and going and I thought, oh, now you know the playbook and sure enough, man, I mean, he was already incredible last year and he's just gone next level.
Speaker 3: Well, he just one of them guys. It's like I just said, you had to have two people to.
Speaker 2: Account for him. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The last time it was a guy like that was Random Mouse. When I say, just truly a matchup nightmare and a problem like you. Nobody went into a Random Mouse game and said, you know what, you get him by yourself. Nobody does it. Nobody does it with Tyreek. No, we did a couple times and we paid the piper. Yeah, right, So it's one of them things. Where are you gonna be honest? Is this publicity? Because the quarterbacks are the politicians of each team, and they are ahead of each team, So it's easy to find the best team with the best record and give it to the quarterback.
Speaker 2: But I think a guy like Lamar deserves it.
Speaker 1: What's going on with the Chiefs because I look, any Patrick Mahomes led team is always going to be a threat. But I just don't think they're the Chiefs of Old. And you can sense that frustration from Patrick himself.
Speaker 3: Patrick, I don't know really what happened to Ox, Like this is what it is. I think the roster is finally catching up to them. They don't have any receivers, No, they don't. Rice is the only one that's actually and Indy Ree has been very good at this. He could take average receivers and make them great. I don't think they got anybody because now they're seeing if we double Travis Kelsey, take him out together.
Speaker 1: And lock him down.
Speaker 3: Who else they got is a threat? Nobody's a threat. Tyrik losing Tyreek Hill. Then they went won the super Bowl. But then they had Juju Smith Schuster. They had some guys that can fill in now not making any play. Rice is making plays. Tony is listen, cause there's Tony. I have never seen a receiver go through a year like he's having. Well, they talk about you every week, but it's only about the bad stuff you do, like never about the good step you do. And I also think defensively, they've taken a step back. So I think they're back to the pack, if you know what I mean. They're back to the pack right now. And we knew this was gonna happen since Mahon's been starting. They've been to every AFC championship. At one point they were gonna have to fold. They are folding this year because it's just that time for them to fold, and it's time for a team like the Raven to step in and try to feel it.
Speaker 1: Boys and see. I think this is a good point because this is when it's just like brock Perty has to break the narrative of being mister irrelevant. The Chiefs have to break the narrative being the Chiefs and for the first and people don't want.
Speaker 2: To believe it.
Speaker 1: No, it's still the Chiefs, the Chief Chiefs.
Speaker 3: It's like the Golden State Warriors exactly. It's just like that same thing that's Golden State. I can't believe they stink. Yeah that what age you do? Yes, that what happened? Because people don't remember it was a time where nobody watched Golden State basketball.
Speaker 1: You know, Golden State was terrible. When I was going awful.
Speaker 3: My homeboy was drafted from my home town. That was the only reason I watched the monte Ellis Okay drafted first. I mean draft the second round, by the first round by there, and I used to watch Montey and Steff and that's how I got to watch Golden State bobleing. Nobody was watching Golden State. I have no doubt they was very much the Sacramento Kings with the Kings are good now, but they was basically the Detroit Pistons of the league. So at the end of the day, we've seen dynasties go through this, but I don't think it's over for the Kansas City Dynasties.
Speaker 2: I think they need to They need a youth.
Speaker 3: Infusion, some young players, and they need some talent at the wide receiver position. It's Travis Kelcey gets older, They're gonna have to find somebody to replace the big plays.
Speaker 1: I totally and you you know a team has a ton of success when people just jump on the bandwagon. Like a few years ago, I got a text with my Daddy's like STEP's always been my guy. I'm like, you been in Texas.
Speaker 2: No he hasn't.
Speaker 1: No, he hasn't.
Speaker 2: Video guy.
Speaker 3: It's just like New England. The Eve Empire. Yes, I found Patriots fans everywhere. I was like, dude, ten years ago, y'all ain't know the Patriots had a team. But now, all of a sudden, I've been a lower on Patriots since Bell first came.
Speaker 2: I believe from the door.
Speaker 3: So Hey, when good things are happening to you, people jump on their bandwagon.
Speaker 2: It's always seat free. Seats on a bandwagon always.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, we're gonna talk some college football, but it's that time.
Speaker 2: I like college football. Man, you're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we got to pay some bills.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, the only wait for I eat and feed these kids of mine. It's for me to pay some meal.
Speaker 3: Get Loud Podcasts is brought to you by BED three sixty five Official Sports, being partner of the Washington Command that's been on.
Speaker 2: A range of NFL markets.
Speaker 3: With Bets three sixty five app, craft your own personalized bet slip with parlay excess thousands of games with live screaming. Place your bets before the match are doing the game.
Speaker 2: It's up to you.
Speaker 3: Download the Bet three sixty five app today. Join eighty million members worldwide. A twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem called text one eight hundred gamble law n.
Speaker 2: W a A.
Speaker 3: We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life don't escape us. We dream of a place anywhere in the world, and then the blink of eye, we're there. That's the wonder of flight. All you have to do is decide is where to Dullis International Airport. Let your imagination shre book your adventure today at flight Dulles dot com. Slash non stop bills paid nail it.
Speaker 1: You watched all the bowl games?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do it, but listen, I have to say this, jinx. The bowl games are getting crazy. The Mayonnaise Bowl, Duke's, the pop Tart Bowl. Oh, this is getting outrageous. Soon we ahead a chemera suit bowl in the toilet bowl. All I'm saying is this is getting out hand with these names.
Speaker 1: Man. Have you seen the pop Tarts Bowl trophy with the pop Tarts on it? Yes, They've got the two slots in the football at the top of the trophy where you can put in the pop Tarts. And everyone was like, can you heat those bad boys up? Is there a heater in that football?
Speaker 3: It has to be a heater in it, but it's too much.
Speaker 2: I remember when Bowl games were respectable.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't wait to ask you about this. Go ahead, No, no, I was tooking to say, because you've been around for a while like me, I'm much older. But these Bowl sponsors have gotten crazier and crazier. So my question is, look, if you want the ring, right, yeah, you want a bull ring like I want the Orange Ball. I won the Rose Fiesta Fiesta Peach pop Tarts, bawl.
Speaker 2: I don't want that.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Listen, I played in the Peach Bowl. Oh that's a hurt.
Speaker 1: That's a great one.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed the gifts they gave us Atlanta sponsored by Chick fil A.
Speaker 2: People think you just get bags of Chick fil A. No you don't. You get all kinds of stuff. Respect the Bowl.
Speaker 3: But if Fred Smooth played in the Park Tart Bowl, it ain't nothing I can take from this, right, Like, what can I take from this? I can take nothing the Duke's Maynaim Bowl.
Speaker 2: That's why I played it. So now I got a year supprise.
Speaker 1: Duke's Man, you should say it like that every time Dukes mal.
Speaker 2: Dukes, come on, man, Like, at what point do you just step away.
Speaker 3: And say, you know what, we need to get different sponsors. Yes, we need to get real sponsors.
Speaker 2: All right, I could.
Speaker 3: I could think give Hard Knocks a bowl game, the Hard Knocks Bowl, like, yeah, do something. How about the NFL sponsor Bowl game? Like you can do something? But I think it's getting out of hand. Yeah, with the sponsors, I know why to do it. It's all about that green that Chella Chiese, the dead President.
Speaker 2: I understand.
Speaker 3: But if you want that bowl game to be respected, you have to make it respect the bowl. And I don't think they're doing it because I'm not wearing a Duke's man as Bowl ring.
Speaker 2: That's I'm not wearing a part talk ring. I'm not wearing any of that.
Speaker 1: If you're a player, I guess it depends on the program and where you're going. But I would imagine that if you're a premier school, you have a hard time getting motivated by saying like, hey, we're playing in the quick Lame Bowl.
Speaker 2: No I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not playing in the Gospel Singing Bowl.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I Just like I said, I understand, it's all about the money. Yes, I just think they need to get a higher archie. Yeah, going, but I can't wait to see these cottage playoffs.
Speaker 2: SEC.
Speaker 3: We only got one team in for the first time in fifteen years. I think that Alabama Michigan gang gonna be better than people think.
Speaker 1: Like Obama, I feel like everybody likes BAM.
Speaker 3: I'm a SCC guy because I don't kind of forced the cheer for the only SEC team. Yeah, but I like that Michigan team. And this is why I like that Michigan team. They not great at nothing, They good at everything.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: They could throw the ball good, they could run the ball good, they could play good defense, they got good offensive line, they got good defensive line, good special team. Listen, that's gonna be a hard game. And your Texas long horns.
Speaker 2: That's gonna hook him right quick. We're gonna get that man. I hate that hook alright.
Speaker 3: By the way, I think Texas gonna be I think Texas got a chance to thing.
Speaker 1: We got a chance, and we used to tell people we get a first down and go, oh, I think you got to buy that much, barely got it.
Speaker 3: That's why I loved to win. Oklahoma came when Baker was there.
Speaker 2: Y'all, then y'all gonna go tell the n C double la. That's what I knew.
Speaker 1: Y'all was saying.
Speaker 2: We didn't do that, you know what.
Speaker 1: That's all Twitter Oklahoma's been doing that for sixty years. Nobody said anything. We don't care. Then Twitter comes along, They're like, oh, Texas doesn't like horns down. This's been going on river.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all went mama through the hand to hook him down.
Speaker 2: Like, come on, chicks, to show some girl right there, so be a man. I'm gonna be there. You know that.
Speaker 1: I know I'm going to be there Bourbon Street. And the good thing is I got the girl excited because I've been dragging her to every Texas game and she's a good sport. She said, just put some wings in front of me.
Speaker 2: Good to go.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I can do that. But now we're gonna do Bourbon Street. We're going on a ghost tour.
Speaker 2: First of all, this is my favorite stinking street in the world.
Speaker 3: It stinks. Bourbon stinks, but I love it. It stinks of just people.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I've been there in a minute. But it does stink.
Speaker 2: It's a good stink.
Speaker 1: It's a good stak.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about. So I know you're gonna enjoy that one. But what happens if y'all lose?
Speaker 1: You know what? I will be disappointed. But I looked at it this way. All I wanted was, let's have a great seat, let's win, Let's win the conference championship. We're good enough to do it this year.
Speaker 2: It's the last time y'all in there.
Speaker 1: It's been it's been thirteen fourteen years. So I'll be disappointed, but I'll look back and be like, hey, we won the conference title. We're playing in the Sugar Bowl. That's a pretty damn good.
Speaker 2: But you're about to enter the SCC.
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: You're about to enter the bys. You're about to enter seven and five? All five? Ready, seven and five?
Speaker 3: Now on the reason y'all might be ready for the SEC the three letters.
Speaker 2: And I, oh yeah, baby, and I.
Speaker 3: That's the only reason Texas has a chance to start quick because I looked at y'all schedule for next year.
Speaker 2: It's it's so it's hard.
Speaker 3: It's hard, orch man, it might be staring quarterback next year, might you know?
Speaker 2: So hey, I'm really in to see these playoffs play out.
Speaker 3: But if I had to pick who's in the National Championship, right, Okay, my sec brother ain't gonna.
Speaker 2: Hate me for this. Michigan versus Texas.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: That's what I see, two blue bloods. Michigan is North versus the South, all right, So I would love to see Texas Michigan.
Speaker 2: I would too.
Speaker 1: And one thing I will say about Michigan. You make a very good point with them, is that what I like about Michigan. And say what you want about Harbor, the whole cheating thing, but they just line up and they say, you know what we're gonna do, you, you and us, and we're gonna winn a football. Yeah, good luck. That's old school.
Speaker 3: And JJ McCarthy when they want to pass, he can, He can move the ball. They got wide receivers. I look at him as a dangerous threat to Alabama because the one thing about Alabama the quarterback situation is you don't know.
Speaker 2: Is he gonna show up that day? You don't show up all the time.
Speaker 3: I just feel like if JJ McCarty don't show up, Michigan still has a chance. So I think they still can figure out a way to win. And that's why I think I choose Michigan. If I'm a bad man, I would choose Michigan.
Speaker 1: Before we preview Andrews Niners, I gotta ask you about this, yep, asks man. Did you hear what Simone Biles's husband said? Oh? Yeah, So he was saying he was on a podcast and he was asked about Simon and he said, well, I didn't really know who she was. I saw she had a lot of followers on Instagram. And if you ask me on the catch, yeah, And so people lost their minds said, how could you say that? It's someone Biles? So when you heard that, what'd you think?
Speaker 2: Nothing? You posted it? He a catch? She a catch? What's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Like the thing about it? She is the most famous one.
Speaker 1: Was making this point too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so now they.
Speaker 3: Want to make it like, how could you be the catch when she got nine million followers? First of all, he attractive guy? Why not be a catch? Let love is simple. People see each other, meet each other, fall in love. Yeah, that's what they did. Let them people be in love.
Speaker 1: It ain't the.
Speaker 2: Why, the what, the how? He's a catch, She's a catch? Nothing wrong with it?
Speaker 3: Said the same thing for it to know that did you pull Siman bows by texting it?
Speaker 2: By texting it?
Speaker 1: She text me back, and that's what he did.
Speaker 2: She said, I was kute.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So at the end of the day, attractions are there. I'm not mad at him. I think him and Simone Bals make a beautiful couple.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 3: I think they've been smothered by the swiftest you know. I can't quite live up to that one. But at the end of the day, I think it's all fair in love and war. Yeah, and he can feel like he's a catch.
Speaker 2: What you thought about it.
Speaker 1: I mean I would have said, just out of respect for her, I would have say, nah, she's the catch. You know, that's my girl. But the one thing I do find ridiculous is the idea that because Simone is more famous, or that she's won more gold medals like that means that person is the catch. If it's about athletic accomplishment. Let me tell you about the greatest husband ever, O. J.
Speaker 2: Simpson.
Speaker 1: He was great. Run run he was great. Have you ever heard of its?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He won a ton of pair Oflympic gold medals, So I'm sure Simone is great. Everyone loves her. She's incredible, But I'm like, if this is your standard for love, you're missing out on what love is about. Man.
Speaker 2: I Finla Say.
Speaker 3: And in love news, Mariah Carroll has broke up with a boyfriend again.
Speaker 2: She did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you probably got tired of hearing her.
Speaker 2: Song I Finish Say, But her song peaked. She the number one. She has the number one Spotify song of all time.
Speaker 1: She set a record that song all on for Christmas? Is You number one for six straight years.
Speaker 2: I'm about to throw up in my own mouth. I told you I'm through with Marija Ah, You're done through with it.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, she's proven to be a bad mate.
Speaker 2: Everybody ain't wrong.
Speaker 3: Like I always say, when you in a relationship, the only person that's been in all your relationships is you.
Speaker 2: You've been in one hundred percent of the jinks. Jinx is single. It's probably your fault. Mariah Carey been in hundreds of relationships, all has failed.
Speaker 3: Yes, nobody walked away from Maria saying, you know what, we broke up, but they're one of the best relationships I have. Yeah, you know she got deva complex. You know she got deva complex. She probably looked at that dude and said, you know what, go get me three bag of Eminem's and pick out the green ones out. You know how she would go get me some Uh, I want you to go get me some clean air from an arctic put it in this jug.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? She looked like she could be the hardest woman in America.
Speaker 1: You think so?
Speaker 3: Who else looked like they're like more hard to date than her?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: She looked like the most complicated mate of all, like nothing would make her happy, Like nothing would make her happy.
Speaker 1: I will say that I find it very interesting this whole group thing of people telling celebrities like who they should date and why, Like when Travis Kelsey Taylor swept Starry Data sit like, we don't like this for you. I'm like, you don't know, men, you don't know what I'm telling me. That's one of my big biggest pet peeves is even when your friends say it's about time, yeah, like based on what and.
Speaker 3: Then it's your single friends, I'm like, dude, you still ain't got nobody. I did, Like I said this before they started dating and got married, Before Kanye and Kim got married, I was like, Kim need to day Kanye, because he's the only dude that's a bigger deal than she is. Like I thought they deserved each other. Yeah, so I did pick that. When it didn't work, I'm not shocked because he is more.
Speaker 2: Errant than she is and more deed. Yeah, so it works.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm Mariah Carrell. Congratulations on your Spotify song. Congratulations on ruin another relationship.
Speaker 1: I gotta I put a positive spin on it. I will say that at the end of the day, I honestly like, unless I see someone being mistreated, if it works for you, relationships are hard enough. So if it works for you and you guys are happy, I don't care if you're married, if you're not married, if you have kids, you don't have it. If it works for you, you guys are happy.
Speaker 2: You know what good for you. I'm just gonna find somebody. We're gonna go together, you know, like in high school.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we used to say that I'm going with her, Yeah, we go together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna find somebody. We're gonna go together. The rest of old school. Throw the old people prum this year. That's a good idea to where we get dressed up and if we didn't really live it, right, the first time you get to extra wife to go to the prom with your grown folks, prum sponsored.
Speaker 2: Body so alcohol and probably at the casino. You know.
Speaker 1: Can I tell your problem story real quick? I had the worst senior prom experience ever, really legendary story in my hometown. It's a small town, right. So my friend Jenny, now Jenny and I used to very close to this day.
Speaker 2: But what's so funny My girlfriend was named Jenny and school.
Speaker 1: Really Oh yeah, so we're still tight. But we went to senior prom together. This is so high school. She saw me dancing with a girl I used to date, left and got really angry. So at the end of the night, I had all these plans, We're gonna have a post prom party. I dropped off. She was angry, took the roses I bought her, threw them on the ground, walked into So. I was so bummed I was supposed to go to this post prom party I went. I'm so lame. I went to my old elementary school and I just sat in my mom's car. I was driving my mom's cat, Like mind, let me drive the cat. Yeah, And I sat there for just like three hours. I fell asleep right and I was like, oh, I gotta go home. On my way home, I pull up to a convenience store Assups in West Texas. I got me a burrito and a diet coke.
Speaker 2: I walk out.
Speaker 1: I walk out, where's my mom's car stolen? I'm like, where is my mom's car. I've had the worst night of my life. This burritos getting cold. So I have to call the police. Now, this is such a small time. They didn't believe it was stolen. West Breeden local police officer comes up and he's like, Michael, you sure this car wasn't putting neutral didn't roll around the car. I'm like, no, West, the car didn't like turn itself and roll around the corner. And like, all right, I'll put out on APB and I'll take you home. So I get in the back of it. I'm like, I ride home in the back of a police I'm in a tux to the light and oh my god. And then even worse, I pulled into the driveway. My mom's car is in the driveway. This before cell phones. A friend of mine said, Michael didn't show up to this post prom party. I'm gonna call his mother and say where is Michael. She freaks out. She jumps in a friend's car. They go up and down the drag small town, Texas. She sees her car. She doesn't think to check inside the store. She's like, oh my god, he went out partying. He left my car here. She takes the car home. She doesn't know the story. She doesn't realize I was inside. I get out of the police car. My mom comes out in curlers, no makeup, a gown. This young man is in a lot of trouble. She has no idea what it's happened. And so my mama was yelling at me, and I just.
Speaker 2: Walked like dead eyes. It could have been walked right past her prom night i've ever heard of.
Speaker 1: And that story spread, and so people were laughing at my mom. They're like, oh my god, man, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: It was terrible. Your night was one gift out another. It was awful.
Speaker 3: The only solitude you had was sitting in there parking lot for them two hours. It's the best part of my night, I can say that was in this pretty much the worst part of a prom night you could have.
Speaker 2: Brother, I'm gonna pray for you. Thank you if you could.
Speaker 3: Make it through a prom night like that, you can make I have no story prom wise it could be.
Speaker 1: Well, you compared yourself to Jesus, so your prayers mean a lot.
Speaker 2: I'll take him. I'm just trying to walk in his shoes. My daddy is a preacher.
Speaker 1: Pass and bills talking about the Niners. Guys you know Hannah. Come on, I wish that night I would have been driving a Hanna instead.
Speaker 2: And then it wouldn't have got stolen.
Speaker 1: These would have been different. Fill the power of this CRV hybrid and a Court Hybrid, Hondra's most electrificing vehicles yet. Find adventure one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sport, Honda's most rugged suv ever. Or experienced the thrilling performance of the fund to Drive Honda Civic with an available Tobo charged engine. Get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find the Honda perfect for you. Get your local Honda dealer today and get that card that you want from They make everything they do and guys you know it. Come on. See Geek breaking news for you. The official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders, the dealer is finalized. They are part of the commander's family. This family, yep, we all fam We're all family. If you haven't heard the name yet, get used to it. You'll be hearing it more and more as the year goes on. Whether you're buying or selling tickets to Commanders games or any other live event in the DMV seat, Geek is the place to do it, the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders, So Commanders fans can fan deals are paid, paid.
Speaker 2: In for happens.
Speaker 1: Man Commanders Yep, forty nine Ers.
Speaker 3: Trent Williams went down. He would have they looking at this growing today. M alright, his second is backup went down. The backup to the backup went down. They lost four offensive linemens. So they're gonna have to sign three off of the couch or somebody's practice squad that could even the game up force, no protection, no great, great plays, just the way it goes. So I'm looking forward to see what our defense can do with this offense. Considering that they're not gonna have any of their starting offensive line. I think that brings the game back down to our level for us to fight dirty.
Speaker 2: Now, another thing that can help us mother nature, all right.
Speaker 3: If it's a rain game, it makes it that much more harder for them to patch the ball, making it a one dimension.
Speaker 2: You run against us, we run against you, all right.
Speaker 3: So it's it's factors in this game that I just can't say here the forty nine ers winning this game. But I'm telling people, realistically, this game might be closer than you think. Then I thought about the revenge factor going with the head coach Shanahan. Yeah, then it goes to Trent Williams. This game has a lot of motion to it. The forty nine ers Washington. I think that it's we kindled an old rivalry right here. So it's gonna be harder than people think.
Speaker 1: How difficult is it to face a team coming off a lost like because you know they'll come in here.
Speaker 2: Yet their eyes.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's more incentive for them to go get a win, make them even scarier. Like I said, but that their physical game against the raven took a toll on them.
Speaker 2: They lost a lot of good men in that war.
Speaker 3: So the problem is can they win the war attrition getting guys back. Then they're gonna have to fly by coastal like so it's it's so many things that work in our favor. I might be calling this the upset of the week, and you gotta realize you're gonna call it. I might call it the upset of the week, all right, all the box coaster traveling, the lack of offensive lineman protection, getting beat beat up. I ain't worried about the loss, getting beat up by the Ravens, and also preparing for a playoff run. All I'm saying it could be chanting there.
Speaker 2: And don't forget Jacobysett storing their quarterback. So it's a veteran. Yep. Can we win a turnover bout him? I think we can.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get into that a little bit more, which is Jacoby Brissett. Now he gets a full game, so we've seen him come in and mop up duty. But now maybe a better start is in store for the Cranters because they have a veteran from the very beginning.
Speaker 3: Because Sam has just struggled, as we know in the first half. I don't think that's guaranteed. I think the switch up of throwing a backup in. We've seen this happen with the forty nine ers. They threw Sam Donald and he got the ball moving through the pit. But that shows you. We don't prepare for six screen quarterbacks this week. They will prepare for Jacoby Brissett. Here, we throw Sam how in there, they might not know what to do with him. Like that's the thing about it, that switch hitter. When you do that, now we'll see. We know what Jakobe Hill is. Though he's a venturing quarterback in this league. He's a very good backup starting calliber quarterbacks in this league. Can't he get it done against a top five defense in the forty nine ers tall task to ask, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I know people think about Kyle Shanahan being here once before, Shamavay being here once before, but facts of facts, and then Kyle Shannon with that many tools on offense, he's so dangerous. That's just like, man, that's child's play.
Speaker 3: This is mad scientist. He's a mad scientist. He learned from a mad scientist. His tree is more successful than Belichick's tree coaching wise, Shanahan's tree has five head coaches in the league right now. Mike McDaniel, Lafleur, yep, Sean McVay. Yeah, it's guys. They got guys, got guys in the league right now. So I think schematically it's gonna be the challenge for our coaching staff. How are they going to attack us?
Speaker 2: What? Why and how?
Speaker 3: When you play against a Shanahan's offense, you need to know this. But he the type guy to let his defense win games also, and this will be one of those games where they try to win this game defensively because Fred Warner, that the law firm of Warner and Greenlaw dem linebackers.
Speaker 2: Man, they swapped paint, okay, then you got Nick Boso over there, then you got hard Grave.
Speaker 3: They just they got tons of talent that would make them such a scary team.
Speaker 1: Out five minutes left to go. Yeah, you had a chance. You almost did it. Almost called him upset, you're gonna think about it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna call it right now.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call it by three field goal last minute in the rain. Forty nine Ers fall back to back losses. And I'm saying it because none of they starting off. It's alignment of playing yep, none of them. And nobody's looking at that. They just see forty nine Ers versus Commanders. No, I look into the dirty details and the dirty details. Tell me this could be a sloppy game that plays into our favor, not theirs.
Speaker 1: It's a bold call, but yeah, miracles happen. And guess what you're the Holy.
Speaker 3: Listen the new year breaking, the new end year? Right, like all us got resolution. You're a resolution person.
Speaker 1: Mind.
Speaker 2: This year is to get me a bike. Oh okay, and actually start to work back out. Now. I know you, like Fred, your body looks great. Yep, And you're right.
Speaker 3: I don't work out. I just don't do it. I shoot basketball, diss it. I'm buying me a bike peddling bike. Oh nice, Yes, and I'm finish, start to ride the bike now. I'm not finna join b Mitch.
Speaker 2: Biker game because the biker game, well, he.
Speaker 3: Rides bikes like twenty miles or forty miles in their time.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what I remember. He used to do that. He's been doing that for.
Speaker 2: A long long time. So Tannel does the same thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I'm going at my own pace, all right, that's what I'm gonna do. So I'm buy me a bike peddling bike, tense speed. I'm gonna buy me some of them biking shorts, okay.
Speaker 2: With the butt, pay them.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be me holding then you're gonna be blowing me because I'm the one holding up traffic on twenty eight on the highway, riding bike.
Speaker 2: That will be me after the New Years? What about yourself?
Speaker 1: What am I gonna do? You know what I want to do, It's gonna be I want to meditate more.
Speaker 2: You know what I was thinking about becoming a shy end monk myself?
Speaker 1: Were you? But I don't know what you mean. I'm always you know what it is. It's more like just spending a little more downtime because I'm always running around, running around, working, working, work and being anxious. And how many times do you just put your phone aside, don't have a screen on. You're just like, I'm just gonna be with myself for a.
Speaker 2: Little bit, come to mental and soul, but a little.
Speaker 1: More balanced in my life, because you know how it is when you're doing something like what's on my phone? What's on my TV?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who am I talking to? Let me text them? And then sometimes you need to break from that and I get caught up in that. So that's kind of one of my goals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I love mother nature, so I'm gonna get back to nature. I'm gonna get back to my hiking. Alright, I'm a big fisherman. I'm gonna get back to that things I do alone.
Speaker 1: Getting you're here huge outdoor Scott.
Speaker 2: Listen. I'm Daniel Boone's third cousin, Fred Boone.
Speaker 3: If you let me out in the woods with a fucking knife and the light, I can survive for months.
Speaker 1: Fred Crockett, Listen to me.
Speaker 3: The untamed willingness, That's what I'm about, Like it's a solace to it.
Speaker 2: Like I always think, like I'm an idiot.
Speaker 3: Anytime it's snowing, like the weather's real bad. The first thing always come to my mind is I wonder what the animals are doing.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't understand.
Speaker 3: How they live. We walk in the house, he the own is warm. They live in the environment, They live in the rook. Like I always wondering, like it's ten degrees outside. What the birds are doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like what where's the rabbit doing? What?
Speaker 3: I know the bear sleep? He don't even come out of the wing. Like I'm like, what is the wild dog? What is the fox?
Speaker 2: Where is he? Like? Is he watching cable right now?
Speaker 1: What going on.
Speaker 3: So I am really fascinating about how nature survives itself.
Speaker 1: The mind of friends, moon ladies, and gentlemen. Just to get loud podcasts Jinx and Smooth, Let's get a win this weekend, and let's get you that bike, hey, upset. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.