Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the Second Date podcast. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and it's you.
Speaker 2: Welcome to you as well. Welcome in.
Speaker 3: Nice. I feel seen. And it's Tuesday, which means it's gonna get.
Speaker 1: Awkward Tuesday phone call on Tuesdays.
Speaker 3: That's why we are so smart. We are so good at naming things.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I know that we get a lot of responses for some of these situations, and today is definitely going to elicit that because it involves cheating, and people got strong feelings on cheating, which always.
Speaker 5: Cheaters hate cheating.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's weird, right.
Speaker 3: You think we're gonna have in the comments? All right, let's get this awkward Tuesday's phone call started.
Speaker 2: One of our listeners came home the other day to find his front door wide open. Half the stuff in his place was gone, along with a very bizarre handwritten note left for him on his kitchen to what the heck can What that message said led him down a very very bizarre path where he was doing research online following people's cars around town, and it brought him to this moment where he wants to make an awkward phone call to a total stranger to warn them that the same thing might be about to happen to them. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: This sounds like a mystery again.
Speaker 2: Apparently you're gonna hear the full story when we do your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this It's awkward, It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: A few months ago, we did a second date update with a guy named Sean, And if you're a regular listener to the show or to our podcast Aprok and Jeffrey, go follow subscribe, you might remember Sean being trapped in an elevator with a woman for forty five minutes. Yeah, this song was playing over the elevator speakers the entire time on repeat. Right, that's how good our research is.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 2: That woman's name was Nicole, and they ended up agreeing to go out again and actually became an item boyfriend and girlfriend. But now Sean has reached out to us for an awkward Tuesday phone call in regards to Nicole.
Speaker 3: The full circle right now?
Speaker 2: Is this a good call we're gonna make or a bad call? Sean?
Speaker 4: You know it's not a great call.
Speaker 2: Oh I do it? Okay?
Speaker 3: I was like we were invested in you two as a couple. I'll create this just they were together, yes, but in the.
Speaker 2: Last ten seconds, we are really invested. So let's tell us what happened, dude, what happened with you and Nicole?
Speaker 4: All right, we've been dating for like three months and she moved in. Whoa wow, Yeah, probably a little too quick in retrospect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you guys already broken up?
Speaker 4: Well, it's kind of a gray area right now.
Speaker 2: Tell us the story of what happened.
Speaker 4: Okay. So I came home from work after we've been together, like living together for about a month, okay, and the front door was wide open.
Speaker 1: Oh no, was your heart just beating? I always think that that means something really bad.
Speaker 5: If she made that heating bill go up, break up with her?
Speaker 4: Okay, you know that heating bill was the least of my concerns at the time.
Speaker 3: It's not funny.
Speaker 2: So that's obviously weird to come home and see your front door open. Did you go in or do you call somebody?
Speaker 4: I went in because I was like, I didn't know if something was wrong, Like I like, if you did help or something. So I was like, hello, no answer. I go in and all of her stuff is gone.
Speaker 3: WHOA.
Speaker 4: Well, initially I was like, did I get robbed?
Speaker 3: What'd you do? Did you call her?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: There was a note I found the note of the kitchen counter.
Speaker 2: A ransom note or just a note written from I have your.
Speaker 3: Clothes established this she's not in trouble.
Speaker 2: What did it say?
Speaker 4: Because I feel awful that I couldn't tell you this in person, but I met someone else.
Speaker 2: WHOA, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: She's like, you're a great guy. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, wow, that's just so much. It's like you're only four months into the relationship. But also, you guys invested a lot real quickly.
Speaker 2: What was going through your mind when you read that?
Speaker 4: Well, at this point, I'm like, is she alive? I just want to make sure she's okay.
Speaker 3: Wait, you haven't talked to her at all.
Speaker 4: So I tried to call her. I texted her, I DMed her, nothing nothing. Yeah. I was like, I guess what I need to do is go to her work. You know, if she's okay, at least she'll be at work totally.
Speaker 2: Nothing bad or awkward happens when you go to your ex's workplace and try and ask questions. I mean that's the.
Speaker 1: Thing, Like you're kind of fronting that that you were worried about her health and safety, but you knew that she was healthy and safe.
Speaker 3: She just then I can yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: Like, let's be honest. You were going there, how are you feeling? Pulling up in her parking lot?
Speaker 4: I was like ready to be angry, but I didn't want to be angry and told you she was alive.
Speaker 3: Why did you think she wasn't alive? Keep bringing dead people.
Speaker 4: Don't leave you know she was kidnapped or something.
Speaker 3: Look situation that would be a smart kidnapper. Note though, I.
Speaker 2: Leaving a whole bunch of breadcrumbs for alibis for yourself here. So what happens when you do get to her work?
Speaker 4: Well, I go to her work and I pull in right behind this pickup truck and she and she gets out of the pickup.
Speaker 3: Truck the other guy and drives her to work.
Speaker 4: She kisses this guy in the pickup truck?
Speaker 2: Was he like super handsome too?
Speaker 4: I'm officially angry He's not bad looking and that sucks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what'd you do? Did you go home?
Speaker 4: I follow the I followed the truck.
Speaker 1: No, as yes, I see we all get it.
Speaker 3: We all want to know, but we know we shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Well, where'd the truck go?
Speaker 4: He went to his house and I wrote his address down?
Speaker 5: My gosh, we.
Speaker 3: Need to get creepy.
Speaker 2: I feel like if I was in that same situation, I might do the same exact thing worse. Yeah, I had.
Speaker 3: To work and talk to her. I think over following the dude home, but.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't talk about body.
Speaker 5: I would just cut any one off and I'd go cry every night about it for seven years and still think about my ex like I currently do. If you're listening, sorry.
Speaker 3: Sorry, why did you write her the address down? Did you plan to go back?
Speaker 4: I wanted to. I wanted to google who this guy was.
Speaker 3: Okay, what did you find out?
Speaker 4: This guy named Mitch? I found his Instagram and he has a girlfriend. It's not your Nicole, not a different girl.
Speaker 5: Karma's already got her. Then, bro that you don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 3: I don't know that. Are you sure it's the right person.
Speaker 4: I'm positive that's the truck was in one of the pictures.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what do you want to do with your awkward call?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 2: Who are we reaching out to?
Speaker 4: I want to call Mitch's girlfriend.
Speaker 3: How did you stop?
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 4: They're probably tagged she tagged in the photo.
Speaker 5: I like this in the world of petty, It's like, Okay, buddy, you ruined my relationship, now I'm.
Speaker 3: Going to ruin yours. I don't know about this.
Speaker 2: Think about it. Would you want to get this call letting you know your significant other was doing no good behind your back? Or would you just rather be blissfully ignorant?
Speaker 3: I don't know that, like I did. There's just so many variables here that we could just have the wrong idea.
Speaker 2: I want to do this just for a pure ratings reason to do it. I think it's just interesting to hear.
Speaker 3: Well, there's the honesty that we need it.
Speaker 2: I love the messiness. Bless this mess. We're gonna and we're gonna call this girl and tell her there's a possibility that her boyfriend is sneaking around behind her back and she doesn't know it. Before we move on, what advice are you looking for from us? Real quick?
Speaker 4: I just think that if I have a radio station, like a radio show on my side, it'll be a little more believable than if I had just some random guy contacting her exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a random call, and it's like, how would you trust that person? Yeah, we're not the most trustworthy people, but at least we have strengthen numbers.
Speaker 5: Well, we're a radio show if she believes us, but if she doesn't, we'll just say we're a podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna do your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this. It's awkward. It's awkward Tuesday phone call. Hell, hath no fury like a Brook and Jeffrey listener scorn. Sean was scorned big time. And I'm trying to make this recap short as possible. But months ago he did a second date update with Us with a woman named Nicole. They ended up dating for three months when she moved in. Yes, thirty days later she.
Speaker 3: Moved out, Yeah, without notice, unannounced.
Speaker 2: Yes, So Sean wanted answers on why. Ended up going to her work and that's where he saw Nicole getting out of a pickup truck kissing another dude.
Speaker 1: To be fair, she did leave a note saying I left you for another person, So it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't like I wasn't expecting to see that though. When he followed her to her work, that's why Sean followed the guy to an address, did some online snooping and other research that I'm guessing is one hundred percent legal, and found out that this guy has another girlfriend. That's why he needs our help today. He has the other girl's phone number and wants to sound believable when he calls to tell her the story so that she actually might buy it and doesn't just hang up on him. Jose, this is pretty complex, so I'm glad you're going to be the first one giving advice. Jazz, what do you have to say to Sean?
Speaker 5: Look, man, if you want to sound believable, you can't be yourself if you come across as a scorned x.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that just throws.
Speaker 5: Up a bunch of red flags. Oh, you need to pretend that you're someone else in his life. I don't know if you're a cousin or like a oh word.
Speaker 3: Oh you want him to out lie about not?
Speaker 5: Yes, you are now a random person in his life.
Speaker 2: Jehan, What do you think of that idea, pretending like you already know him to build a little credibility.
Speaker 4: Yes, honestly, I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you.
Speaker 5: That's why they go to me first on this one.
Speaker 2: A long road to get there, but I think we got somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I get what you're saying, Jose, because it does sound super creepy if he includes a lot of details about how he found this guy Mitch right right, the Google search and the following.
Speaker 3: But also like, you need to focus on intent. So you got hurt.
Speaker 1: It's terrible, and you don't want her to go through the same thing. You don't want anyone to go through the same thing.
Speaker 2: I think she hangs up on that advice. What do you think, Sean, really good?
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna go with the first plan.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm going to find out you're a liar.
Speaker 2: Yes, doctor, Her boyfriend is the ultimate liar at this point. Sorry, it's like two lies make a right Sean, you feel ready?
Speaker 4: I think I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Maybe be a neighbor. You could be a neighbor. You know where he lives. You might live with him. That's a good point.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get in on the line as vague as you possibly can with your lies, but best of luck, we'll jump in when we feel like you need a little help. All right.
Speaker 4: I am so nervous right now.
Speaker 2: It's good. Mitch's very nervous friend calling. It's a good I like that. You're building a character for yourself. Here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 4: Is this Michelle?
Speaker 6: Yes? This is she who's speaking.
Speaker 4: Hi. I'm Sean. I work with Mitch your boyfriend or you're married?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's my boyfriend? Is everything okay?
Speaker 4: Oh? He's fine, he's fine. The reason the reason for my call is that Mitch has been leaving work in the middle of the day and he's gone, He's gone for a few hours, and then he comes back to the office and he's just super happy with a big old grin on his face.
Speaker 6: How did you get this number?
Speaker 4: I'm what it seems like. Maybe you're not listening. He's leaving work and he's coming back really happy, like.
Speaker 6: He had a good lunch. Happy.
Speaker 4: Maybe you mean you had a great lunch and it's affecting his work. So if you could just stop him.
Speaker 6: I mean, stop what I have. What are you trying to insinuate right now?
Speaker 4: Whatever you're doing to entice Mitch to come home with you for you know, romance, good loving whatever, He's not doing his job is what I'm saying. And so if you could stop doing that.
Speaker 6: But I'm not meeting Mitch at lunch. That's just not Oh. I have my own job, I have my own work schedule. I literally could not do that.
Speaker 4: That's certainly interesting because do you think you think he might be meeting someone else?
Speaker 6: Okay, what's going on here?
Speaker 4: I just think maybe he's seeing somebody at lunch.
Speaker 6: You must be his manager or something. And I think I might know where he's been going during that time.
Speaker 4: Where where do you think he's going?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 6: How do I face this? Uh? He has been donating his genetics for to be produced themselves.
Speaker 4: Well, if I think I know what you're saying, that he's making deposits, correct, right, Well, I think you're you're kind of there.
Speaker 6: Excuse me.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's making deposits to a reputable organization. I think he's donating to my ex girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Wow, have gone worse?
Speaker 6: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait? What's going on here? What's happening.
Speaker 1: For?
Speaker 2: Say? First of all, we are so sorry for the conversation that just happened. But this is called an awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: We're radio show, Michelle. We've been listening.
Speaker 6: Is this a prank or something?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 6: Tell me this is just some sort of joke one of his buddies is doing on me.
Speaker 2: I wish it was a prank, but really we're trying to help out our listener, Sean here, who has something hard that he needs to tell you. Sean, I feel like you should take it from here, say it now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I had a girlfriend. She left me, and then I went to her work and she was getting out of your boyfriend's pick up and kissing him. What And I think your boyfriend is cheating on you with my ex girlfriend.
Speaker 6: I know bitch better than anyone, and I know exactly what's going on in his life and where he goes. This is just ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Well, you don't know this. This is something you don't know, and I'm telling you right now.
Speaker 6: Finding this very hard to believe, having some random person call me through the radio and make these wild accusations which cannot be true.
Speaker 1: I don't believe this, and honestly, maybe maybe you shouldn't right now, but maybe this will lead to, like some conversations that you should have with your boyfriend, Mitch about where you guys are at in your relationship, or.
Speaker 2: If you want to avoid that, just put a tracker on his truck and see where it goes.
Speaker 6: That's help that, you know.
Speaker 4: I give you the address of my ex girlfriend's job, and you could meet me there tomorrow and we can see the sea for yourself.
Speaker 2: Well that's an invitation you won't find on a Hallmark card. But what do you think, Michelle, you want to go stock your ex boyfriend with a total stranger job.
Speaker 1: Just say it's not eight thousand red flags that even just came up for me.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say you shouldn't do that, Michelle.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, Michelle, I was where you were once. I trusted my partner. I thought I was. I thought it was true then that nothing could ever come between us, and now I see the light and I'm just trying to help you see the truth too.
Speaker 2: I will say, Sean is coming from a genuine place, Like we heard his story earlier and it sounded pretty believable. Yeah, seriously, and he was heartbroken, so he just he really seems like he's looking out for you. Here the best case scenario, Shawn's mistaken, but it's totally up to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can't believe I'm doing this. Give me the address.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're rolling stocking.
Speaker 6: But I need to figure this out for myself, whether it's true or not true, and just put an end to hopefully this prank call, you know.
Speaker 5: And you don't even need to confront anyone. Just wait in the parking lot and once you see it, you know it's official, and then you can move on and you're not gonna.
Speaker 2: Have to cause a scene.
Speaker 1: You have to confront this, cause a scene if this all pans out to be true. I mean, because he could turn out this is all just a weird thing and he's got the wrong person.
Speaker 2: They're probably just friends and she had stuff on her lip and he was getting it off for her, you know, put some caramel up there.
Speaker 5: Jeff cleans mouth off.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just what friends do.
Speaker 1: Because we're sorry about the news, Michelle, I mean really yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: Can Will you please do us a favor and let us know what happens when you go to the address.
Speaker 6: I'll let you know if his belongings are on our front lawn by the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Also, could we get the name of that genetics donation center that he uses, that is the case we need anything.
Speaker 5: We never know a collected you never know, it could be a good Saturday or something you literally can't.
Speaker 1: Do with it.
Speaker 2: A baby. I don't know how this.
Speaker 1: Works, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is the moment that I will. I wish we could come in with closure, I.
Speaker 2: Know, but we don't have yet either. Oh geez.
Speaker 1: We have asked for an update from these two, from both parties involved, and we have heard nothing, which either means that everyone forgot about it.
Speaker 7: It's no big deal, it wasn't what they thought there got feelings said yeah, or everyone got busted for cheating.
Speaker 3: No one's together anymore, and everyone's moved on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and nobody listore there traumatized.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why would you want to revisit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, but we do have a lot of comments that.
Speaker 3: Have come in.
Speaker 7: My gosh, so many. I need an updates. I want to follow and I'm biting my nails. I'm ready to go FBI level stalking.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, if you do that, will you update us.
Speaker 3: I'm not encouraging it.
Speaker 5: But also I almost asked if they're in the comments somehow.
Speaker 7: No, but someone did say that they think the two callers should get together.
Speaker 3: The two people both being cheated.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought that I was like, that would, but that's more petty to get back at people, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: If you're both cute, hey, as.
Speaker 2: Long as you're single, that's the point.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a good call.
Speaker 1: In Jose, Well, I'm sorry we can't give you the closure you wanted, but we do appreciate you listening, and I guess it will just take this as.
Speaker 3: A life lesson.
Speaker 2: Just know we're going to lose sleep tonight too.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's Brock and Jeffrey in the morning.