Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Katty Armstrong and Jet Dad can he I'm wrong? Even from the studio scene, say he's in your Little Friday. We're deep with when the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications compound and hey, y'all, today we're under the tutelage of our general manager. Just for the record, did you say Little Friday or Lowell Friday Friday? Oh interesting? Today's general manager lies damn lies and statistics Yester GDP report being called the weirdest gd Report GDP Report Ever, Oh really, I don't know anything about this. Oh boy, howdy completely changes the story. Oh really, Well, I want to hear about that cruel good That's what I'm shooting for. I like that sort of thing. I don't know that story at all. I like it. You know what, there are a couple of stories today that are incredibly important, significant that people will not hear elsewhere because they take a minute to explain. And by a minute, I mean like sixty seconds. But so much of our media, whether broadcast or even online, to a large extent, is so hit and run if it takes more than twenty two seconds or however long a damn TikTok video is. People don't even pay attention to it. But you, my friends, you will be well informed. I like the fact that overnight Trump called Jerome Powell stupid. That's my favorite thing. Ah that entertaining. Jerome too late Powell. That's the guy that runs a federal reserve and has a hand and whether interest rates go up or not. And he didn't. He didn't lower interest rates this week, like Trump is all it's they. But yeah, go on, Jerome too late Powell. That's why I said has a hand in. Jerome too late Powell has done it again. He is too late and actually too angry. This is all in caps. He's actually too angry, too stupid, and too political to have the job of FED chair. He's costing our country trillions of dollars in addition to being one of the most incompetent, corrupt renovations of a building in the history of construction. Too stupid, You're too stupid to do your job. That's an insult. I've never had that one. I've had bosses yell at me for everything. Variety of things. But I've never had anybody say, you know what your problem is, you're too stupid to do your job. Oh that's a guy, you know, PhD in economics and a storied career. Yeah, okay, it's just stupid. What a funny part of the personality of the president. I'm glad you find it funny. Well, today you're lucky some chuckling some days. I don't Today, for whatever, I just think it's just so absurd. It is so absurd. I mean, what do you think, I mean, in any workplace set, in any setting whatsoever, with adults, What do you think you're accomplishing by saying you're too stupid? Oh, I'm glad you're amused. What do you think he thinks he's accomplishing. I have no idea. I think he's an undisciplined child half the time. I mean, it was one of your middle of the night tweets or truths or whatever. You're a total loser. You know. There's a certain core constituency is that loves that. It loves the brawling and the tough talk and the insults and all well brawling, yes, may, but I don't know some of the trumpiest people I know at stuff like that, they roll their eyes and say why I would agree, Yeah, that's my experience as well. You asked, and so I attempted to come up with an answer. It's just so amazing. I feel like if I ever did that, I would like the next day think I need to reevaluate my way I handle things. Sorry for well, Ron is stupid in the middle of the night, and if he weren't famously sober, I think all of us would sink. Oh, for God's sake, Melanie has got to take the phone out of his hand after that second trying. Yeah. Yeah, if it wasn't that, he's you know, no caffeine, no booze, no nothing ever his whole life. Yeah, you'd automatically think, because this happens in the middle of the night so often, you'd absolutely think he's drunk, because that is such a drunk post all the capital letters, too angry, too stupid, and a total loser. All right, all right, that's good. Maybe he's on nicazines or kratom. There are not one, but two stories about weird new drugs that are killing people by the hundreds and soon to be the thousands. Oh, it's just like a fentanyl thing, like people are getting high on them. I thought you were talking about that's going to mention a sleep drug or weight loss drug or something. No, No, these are both getting high drugs, okay. And what do they do to you? Like they leave holes in your legs and like trank, you just don't have any brain activity anymore, like you lean over. But there must be some upside or you wouldn't take it right, right. Yeah, In the case of the one, it's the cleverness of Chinese scientists who keep coming up with synthetic opioids to feed to the decadent Americans and we keep gobbling them up. Wow, innovative fellas those Chinese. There were several truth socials overnight announcing some big tariff deals that we can get to a little bit later, as the deadline is tomorrow for a whole bunch of that stuff. Canada hasn't been worked out yet, And Canada announced in the last couple of hours that they are going to also recognize Palestine as a state, breaking with the United States for the first time. So that is starting to crumble. I hope it doesn't end up just being US and Israel completely alone in the UN. That would not be good. I don't think for anybody. Somebody's got to explain to me what that means exactly to recognize as a state. Just a amorphous mass of people've got some land, but nobody's sure what. They don't have a functioning government because the last one was run by a brutal terrorist organization. But we're going to recognize them as a country. You gotta send an ambassador Canada where to. I don't think it means anything concretely, but I think it means a Lotreally countries are starting to peel off, and it could end up just being I mean, because there's always been the United States and a handful of like the important countries in the world that stood by us in Israel and all these resolutions and everything in the UN. And if that all falls away, I mean, you excuse me. Did a bug fly in my throat? What happened there? I don't know. I have to examine the footage, you know, for the crowd that hates Jews and conspiracy theorists and everything like that, When it's just the United States and Israel alone on all this stuff, that's that's not going to be a good look. I would agree yeah, it is not a good look. One of my favorite writers said Hamas will never surrender. It's time for a Plan B for Israel, which I found intriguing. We can touch on that. What could that possibly be? Well, the point is that you will never actually defeat them. They will be a brutal gorilla force for one hundred years. You have to come up with I don't know, you're too stupid. Yeah you're I'm gonna try that with my wife. I don't know. Friend, if I had a disagreement, whatever, kids, sure, every neighbors please please Hey your gardener is blowing like your leaves onto ar lawn. Well, you're too stupid to clean up leaves? See for one? What number two? What? Let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this. It is Thursday, the last day of July thirty one. You're twenty twenty five. We're Armstrong and getting We approve of this program. All right, then, let's begin the show officially. Now according to the FCC Rules of Regulations, here we go at Mark High nun.
Speaker 2: Is warning its customers that some of its vodka seltzers were accidentally labeled as non alcoholic Celsius energy drinks. The company says the high nun Beach variety packs, which have alcohol, were mislabeled as the Celsiest astro Vibe energy drink. Those packs were shipped recently to six states in the eastern half of the country.
Speaker 1: So the net result being if you if your energy drink causes you to crash your car and or sleep with someone you find unattractive. Uh, perhaps you got one of those art to call your boss too stupid to do his job. Perhaps Hey, I got energy and I can't remember my problem. I don't know if I feel more energetic, but I feel pretty good. I felt real energetic for a while. Now I don't feel energetic at all. If you hammered down a whole can of vodka, you'd be feeling something. I guarantee you. Oh wow, Well, we got Katie's headlines on the weekd we mail bag this hour. We do have to get into some of the actual announcements where it wasn't just calling people stupid for various things that are going around the world. Made some strong statements about Russia. Russia just hammered Kiev again last night. So apparently Trump's new fifty days, schmifty days. I don't trust you. Vladimir didn't hurt Vladimir's feelings because he went after Kiev last night. Number of people killed, three hundred drones all at the capitol, and Trump with some strong words about that last night. So we'll see where that's going. All on the way, here's our text line four one five two nine five KFTC Trump, uh truths out. I don't care what India does with Russia. They can take their debt economies down together, for all I care. We have done very little business with in the other tarifs or two high among the highest in the world. Likewise, Russia and the USA do almost no business together. Let's keep it that way and tell med Vedev that the failed former president of Russia who thinks he's still present to watch his words. He's entering very dangerous territory. Wow, so much for wooing India. They can take their debt economies down together. I don't care. It's this interesting that that's the way we're communicating our policy toward two some of the biggest economies in the world. Right, And it's worth throwing in that a number of things that Trump has done and is doing, are are yielding very good result?
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, I can see it in the faces of the world leaders. This is so weird. We just need to get through this. It's a few years of our lives and they'll elect somebody else and it'll purely be more normal. That's what they're thinking. You can read it behind their eyes. It's just odd times, all right. A lot to get to this hour, including the fact that the gross domistic product report that got so much attention yesterday is is probably wildly misleading or in the right direction or wrong direction. You're not gonna love it. But first let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 3: Katie all right, he's starting with MSNBC. Trump threatens trade war with Canada over recognition of Palestinian state.
Speaker 1: Yeah. His response to what was, Wow, it's going to be very difficult to get a trade deal now that Canada's recognized Palestine.
Speaker 3: From CNN, Trump says, quote fastest way to end humanitarian crisis in Gaza is for Hamas to release remaining hostages.
Speaker 1: Immediately left out of every story is Hamas has a saying this too. They could stop declaring all Jews need to die and let the hostages loose if they wanted to, and that would change things quite a bit. If they and the leadership before them, and the leadership before them had seriously wanted peace with Israel, they would have had ninety eight percent of what they asked for. In a Homeland to day, ask Bill Clinton, ask Jimmy Carter, asks you know any successive president it's a jihadist maniac Middle Ages organization.
Speaker 3: From the Wall Street Journal, New York shooting puts Mandami on the spot over his views on police.
Speaker 1: Well, so he backed off his uh anti police rhetoric yesterday. He's a clever fella, no doubt, he's an articulate boy. But yeah, his his past is haunting him in terms of crime and the police and the rest of it. And it's really really interesting. I also read a perspective about the percentage of young voters who think it was justified to murder that young father who happen to work for a healthcare company in cold blood on the streets, who think all sorts of violence and horror is justified. This is an odd generation coming up. Well, we let them get miseducated in government schools.
Speaker 3: I think kind of along with that from Fox News, Cincinnati City councilwoman victims of mob attack quote begged for that beat down.
Speaker 1: Well, I still don't. I haven't looked into the story because it sounds so horrible. Is any is anybody going to pay a price, go to prison anything for this? Or maybe? Yeah? Fox News is finally reporting that it was all black people beating down two white people and trying to kill them in the streets. And there is talk of hate crime charges, and there absolutely should be if the exist anywhere in the country, it's appropriate. Here clearly had a racial component.
Speaker 3: From the Washington Post, the federal government is paying more than one hundred and fifty four thousand people to not work. That's a lot of sub through early resignation offers and other programs have reduced the workforce, but we're paying for it.
Speaker 1: How do I get one of those deals? Seriously, sign me up. I could kick ass at that job.
Speaker 3: From USA Today, Kamala Harris leaves door open for potential twenty twenty eight presidential run.
Speaker 1: Yes, so she announced yesterday she's not running for governor of California, And my first thought was, Okay, it's serious. Then she is seriously considering running for president, which is what the hell is going on. I think she could get elected governor of California because we're such a wacky state she is, I don't think. I think same as the last time she ran. She won't make it to Iowa running for president. No, No, it'll be a joke. How is she to be humiliated? How is she that deluded? I don't know, because she's dumb, or she's surrounded by people that because she's too stupid, you're too stupid. She's surrounded by people that get, you know, something out of tell her you can win.
Speaker 3: For maybec Brown University joins the list of colleges reaching million dollar deals with the White House to unfreeze their funding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the universities are clearly discriminating by race and religion as well, just openly, or if it's not openly, behind the scenes and there's huge paper trails available. We'll talk about that more later too. But yeah, it's it's shameless. This is one of the things that Trump administration that is doing that is fantastic.
Speaker 3: From the New York Post, Louisiana medicaid millionaire bought a Lamborghini while claiming government benefits for years.
Speaker 1: Yesterday was the the sixtieth anniversary of the signing of Medicare and Medicaid. We should go through some of the numbers over those decades of what has and hasn't been accomplished. Bigger emphasis on what hasn't been accomplished other than spending tax payer money that has been accomplished to a great.
Speaker 3: Great level study fines and I apologize for this.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: Oh poop pee and perspiration and the deceptive smell of chlorine.
Speaker 1: How jermy really.
Speaker 3: Is a swimming pool? M Some of the details in this are grim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I would guess.
Speaker 3: And finally the Babylon Bee, which is usually satire, but maybe they're right here. Kamala announced that she will step away from politics to spend more time with vodka.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'll bet she never even runs for president. When she starts trying to get people behind her to back her, and the money people and everything like that, it just ain't gonna happen. Maybe a little preliminary quiet polling comes back dismally. Yeah, I could see her, although I'm holding out hope because I would love to see that. It would be hilarious. I would like it too. She was at the top of the poles in California even though it's very very early, and decided not to run Armstrong and Geddy.
Speaker 4: An earthquake struck off the coast of Russia yesterday that measured an eight point eight magnitude on the Richter scale. It was so powerful that Putin's associates were falling off balconies by accident.
Speaker 1: I like that, and he joke at the expense of Putin being evil as good joke Here before Joe inexplicably throws a wet blanket on a good news story from yesterday. I don't know why he wants to bring us down. Apparently he wanted Kamla to win. But before mainenance malice. Before Joe gets to that, two things. One got really interesting news about Kamala Harris I hadn't come across since yesterday's announcement. And two homework assignment for you, Katie, because I assumed Joe hasn't looked into this. The orange thing in the picture of Epstein's cell. They got all the attention all day yesterday. Can you fill us in on that story, Katie, coming.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's it's they're calling it quote.
Speaker 1: End plane site. Yeah, coming up. I want you to nail that down for us, because that was Is that related to the green thing seen on the court in the WNBA game? No, it's not at all. Okay, there is. What is that in Epstein's cell became a storied yesterday, so I'll have that on the way too. Fascinating. So yesterday the news was that the economy grew at a three percent annualized basis, which is pretty good, and various people were saying, this makes it clear that AB and C, including that the tariff thing hasn't hurt the economy. I don't know if i'd say that it didn't know that we weren't official. People were saying that, yeah, it didn't mean we are official. Weren't officially in a recession, which would have been, like I said, thank god I avoided that conversation. And a lot of Trump fans or conservatives are touting the fact that a wasted bill Maher say, you know, I thought the tariff thing might cousinflation are screwed up, but you got to give him credit. It hasn't well. As I said yesterday and have said for quite a while, many birds have not yet come home to roost. And here's in defense of the people that said the things you were just saying. A lot of those people were saying they would have happened by now, yes, although a lot of that talk was based on the so called Liberation Day tariffs, which never happened. So that's ancient pushback nailing down who meant what? At what point is well, that's hidious and so moving along, This may be the weirdest GDP report ever, according to the fellows of the Walls Street Journal, who would know. The top line growth number looks good in the White House touted of course, and it reversed a zero point five percent decline in the GDP in the first quarter, which was largely explained by a huge surge of imports as businesses tried to front run the anticipated tariff barrage. Remember the quirk of the GDP accounting that it's essentially domestic production minus imports. Okay, so growth in the first half of the year turned out to be about one point two percent annualized. Most striking are the second quarter reports wild internal details. Net exports minus, which is exports minus imports, added a remarkable five percent to GDP as imports fell by more than thirty percent. That's a big number. Yeah, that's an astonishing number. In one imports. Yes, imports subtract from growth in the Nashal accounts because GDP measures domestic production, imports are produced over CAS. But they point out imports are still crucial to US economic well being because A consumers buy them and B businesses use them as inputs for what they produce, whether for domestic use or for export. Often for export, we import you know, the simple stuff or you know, or the raw materials, and we export sophisticated stuff or you know. There are many, many variations of it. But anyway, the crazy swing and imports shows how much Trump's up and down trade policies have disrupted business decisions and left companies scrambling to adapt. This seems to have had a negative effect on private domestic investment, which fell almost sixteen percent in the second quarter after a surge in the first. So in short, everybody's flailing in business at not sure or what the tariffs are going to be, not sure what the situation is important export wise, and the birds have not yet come home to roost. Well, that doesn't make me happy. You didn't need to tell me that. No, so you wish Kamalah had won? Is your excellent labs? Exactly my point? Yeah, before we go. Oh and the other giant story, which we mentioned later in the show yesterday is that federal appeals judges are considering the legality of the president's widespread tariffs moves today. God that huge court case. Wouldn't that be something if the courts decide he can't do that? What what have we been talking about for five months? Right? Redoing the entire world trade situation? Oh, he can do that? Okay, never mind then, And I don't think he's helped his case either. And I'll explain that in a second. The deliberation day tariffs and all sorts of all the tariff thing has been based on or they use this rationale. The Trump administration a nineteen seventies law, the International Emergency Economic Powers Act. It lets the president do certain things. And I could get into the verbiage of the law, but it has to be a quote unquote international emergency. And there is a serious disagreement over whether mild trade deficits are an emergency. And the second thing, the reason I say Trump hurt his case is that he just raised tariffs on Brazil sky high because he doesn't like how the government of Brazil is treating their ex president, his friend Bolsonaro. Or he just threatened overnight to not do a tariff deal with Canada because they're going to recognize Palestine as a state. Yeah. Yeah, So if I were a bettman, wait a min and I am a betting man. I don't like his chances in court, but I am far from a legal expert. Okay, before we get to the hilarity of Kamala Harrison for president, is there anything to yesterday's Epstein story? I will preface it with this. Mark Halpern, who is in the top handful of most trusted journalists I believe what he is reporting, thinks the Epstein thing is a giant point of vulnerability. Still for Trump, I don't quite get it. I don't understand how or why, but he still thinks so. Anyway, so yesterday, and I'm a little mystified by that too, I don't get it. Yesterday's story with and I don't get this because these have been around forever. Some photo of Epstein's jail cell and somebody noticed something in the background Hey, what is that? And that became a story for the day. Can you tell you? Can you explain this to me, Katie?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's it's actually it's the video of the surveillance video that they had released.
Speaker 1: Somebody caused it and said, what is that? Right?
Speaker 3: Well, as frequent in jail in prison there, they have orange jumpsuits, and so they're suspecting that it was an inmates walking somewhere near Epstein's cell. And the big speculation is that they said that the staircase was visible by that camera, but that orange figure goes out of screen, which means that the staircase obviously wasn't.
Speaker 1: So that this is some of the evidence that somebody was allowed in to kill him, or their speculation.
Speaker 3: I mean, they can't really nail anything down, but they're going back and forth as to whether this figure was possibly an inmate headed towards Epstein.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a stretched called the Epstein story in industry, yeah, because there is a great deal of money made around it and they need a new chapter. They need to keep it juiced up. That sounds like a good wrinkle. It's like watching a soap opera or one of those you know long running series, We'll hit you a series will hit you with some of the details of Kamala's hilarious idea that she's going to be president someday. You need a will, I need to will. Everybody needs will. It needs a trust and a will. And we've got a great way for you to get started on that project if you haven't already done it. You know, and actually that's a pretty good question. Do you need a trust or a will or both? Well, you can figure that out, create and manage a customer state plan starting at and if you've ever gotten a quote from an attorney, you can do it starting at one hundred and ninety nine dollars. With Trust and Will dot Com, you can jump online today and start manage your trust or will online with the easy to use web easy to use website. Each will or trust is state specific and customize to your needs. And if you have any snags, all kinds of customers support chat, phone or email to help you put the thing together. Have all your important documents in one place with bank level encryption. They have live customer support help you through the process, secure your assets, protect your loved ones from the horrors of probate and lawsuits and conflict with trust and Will, and you get twenty percent off on your state plan document by visiting Trustinwill dot com slash Armstrong. That's trust and Will dot com slash Armstrong. So I've always been annoyed by the dance of are you going to run for president? I have no plans currently. He had no plans currently. He didn't rule it out. That whole conversation has made me tired my whole life. I just don't understand it. Apparently we're not going to do that with Kamala, though, because the information is out there. She announced yesterday she's not running for governor of California, which the election is next year. In twenty six the presidential election, forty million people breathed a sigh of relief. I think she would have won just because we're a stupid state, but presidency is in twenty eight she announced he's not running for governor. My first thought was, okay, I guess she is serious about wanting to run for president. New York Times today. Kamala is expected to form an organization shortly that would allow her to raise funds and pay for travel and political activities. A representative of California said yesterday that he had spoken with miss Harris about traveling to competitive House districts beginning this fall to assist Democratic candidates. She's going to be all across the country for the twenty twenty six mid terms. She wants to help us flip the House. What democrat wants? Kamala Harris on stage with her. You know, I loved the first sentence when I said, Dan, can you read that again? Uh, she's got a form an organization. Yeah, she's expected to form an organization shortly that would allow her to raise funds and pay for travel and political activities exactly, And Al Shopton responds, raise funds. We must, we much be raising funds so we can live on the hug Well pretending to be a politician. You can pretend to run for office, get donations, and just travel around flying first class or private jet. If you're getting enough donations, staying in the best hotels, eating meals, having a car, you can live quite the life's as a pretend candidate. Finger. So I see Kamala Harris intervening and maybe making a speech at the the toss up fourth District of Hawaii and the very Purple Aspen District in Colorado. Then in the winter time, perhaps assists that close close race in Miami Beach. Okay, but here's the most important paragraph. Because we got to take a break so she can get the mailbag. This is the most important paragraph. This is what's got me. I'm just I'm moist with excitement. Oh boy. Miss Harris, who was widely criticized last year for doing very few media interviews, is expected to beginning talking with podcast hosts and journalists beginning after Labor Day. According to a person who has spoken to her about her plans, she thinks, you're right. It was a mistake. I didn't do enough interviews. I'm gonna do lots of interviews. Bring it on, Oh do it? Get ready for radio gold laugh. I laughed finally about the passage of time. There's so much meaning to the passage of time. Finally, go on the Joe Rogan podcast, which I know she feels like she has to do. I mean, that would be hanging out there as a She still hasn't done Joe Rogan unless she goes on Joe Rogan. So much giggling. Oh, that's gonna be great. We got mail bag coming up a look back at what Medicare and Medicaid haven't haven't done on this sixtieth birthday Lyndon Johnson signing them into laws sixty years ago this week. Costs trillions, many trillions of dollars to taxpayers, and no indication really that it's accomplished a single good thing, which is why it's being canceled you soon. I mean, like any private enterprise would do, or any family would do. How odd Anyway, I'm looking forward to that. Here's your freedom loving cool of the day. Continuing from Javier Milay, the new fabulous libertarian leader of Argentina, that is, who is reviving that country. Echoing Milton Friedman, by the way, he says, quote, socialism is always in everywhere an impoverishing phenomenon that has failed in all countries where it's been tried out. It's been a failure economically, socially, culturally, and it has also murdered over one hundred million human beings. Yeah, Hayek and Milton Friedman are his heroes. It's interesting that he got elected. Things got so bad down there that they turned to a guy like him. Yeah, And it's also just fascinating as you look at human beings, that such a miserable failure is so easily sold to people, and generation after generation falls for it. Yeah, because if you're a child, it makes sense. Maybe we'll talk about that later. Indeed, mailbag drop's note mail bag at Armstrong and Giddy dot com keep it to you know, reasonably brief. Nice note here from Bill, who discovered the show in two thousand and eight after moving to northern California from Southern California. For what that's worth, and he says some very nice things and got a nasty diagnosis of cancer in May of twenty four. Things are going well, but the side effects of the treatment were not fun. I'm getting better. I want to thank you for brightening my spirits when I was feeling like crap. And he now is back in southern California and listens three hours a day on seven ninety KABC ABC. Yeah, Bill, thank you for a very very nice note. And it's an honor that our drivel would elevate any human being in any way. Is a pleasant sit but it would make anybody's day better rather than worse. Is I consider it and it would improve anything. It is pretty sung. It is shot Michael. But thank you Bill, that that touch me. Let's see how about this? Oh, then you have Tim, who is our most consistent email hater. You people are so stupid. A hotter planet directly impacts the jet stream, causing global climate patterns to change. Right now, the jet stream is currently blocked or broken, causing major climate disruptions. So at the ocean's a hotter and getting hotter ocean causes the global circulation occurrence to slow down, thus causing fluckation fluctuations in world tempts. Get it, doubt it anyway, You're wrong, and that lunatic running the EPA into the ground should hang for a stupid, stupid, stupid deregulation edict. But what am I stupid about. I'm not doubting that. I'm saying I don't care. That's what I'm saying. I have never looked into it because it doesn't matter to me. I tell you. That's some good punchy writing, though, I mean it was very readable. It's just it was super easy to follow. I thought the insults and facts were nicely balanced. I would maybe he can respond to this, But what is the hole? Why would we destroy our economy or or or you know, or live with the tiny crappy cars or whatever when we can't make a dent because of China and Indian everybody else. What's your response to that, I honestly would like to hear that. Yeah, I honestly I would. I would leave the tiny crappy cars out of it, just because you make an argument we don't need bigger cars, and that's a distraction. But why would be with the thousand of one hundred thousand effects of a truly decimated economy for a meaningless gesture, why would that be a good idea? But anyway, good note Tim uh Andy and Sack hm Oh on the question of earthquake sex scales, which we discussed on the Armstrong and Getty One More Thing podcast yesterday. Fascinating and amusing. Joe, you poor soul. I don't envy you the emails you'll get about earthquake magnitude basics, so you can have AI tell you any details you need to school rude chumps. The Richter scale was logarhythmic, but we stopped using it. We now use the more accurate moment magnitude scale. Now when you get those emails, you can say, I know you absolute douche pill. That is a term I do not use. I can't imagine why a canoe would be designed to do any canoe. Yes, you douche canoe. I'm using that today. What a douche canoe? No, stop saying it. Saying it once was terrible, and I apologize. Is it terrible? It's just anyway, as we're about out of time, My point was what was my point? Where were talking about? Oh, I'm the rector's I'm pretty sure that when I heard about the earthquake, they kept mentioning everybody it was a blankety blank on the Richter scale, in the same way that the media constantly cites the Dow Industrial Average, which is a horrifically useless thing to site to gauge the overall health. O. So you're saying they're using the old scale that people have heard of, even though it's not as accurate. This guy's saying there's a new scale that people in the no use. Yes, okay, okay, yeah, you know it's got some more great email. I wish we had time for him. Maybe we'll sprinkle it in next hour. That's kind of interesting actually, And there they're gonna hang on to the dumb old. Still happening. We're experiencing earthquake. Please, that's what they were saying in Russian. Oh and interestingly, well we don't have time for that either. We have time for nothing. So little time. Yeah yeah, life is short, goes by waste time or time will waste you muse it's a good song. Listen to it. Someday we will be big an hour two promise you if you miss a segment an hour get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty