Speaker 1: Welcome into another road to the draft, coming to you from the Buck Studio, presented by Ticketmaster Casey Phillips here with senior writer and editor Scott Smith, and we have continued further down our road.
Speaker 2: We got on the on ramp last week.
Speaker 1: Now we're going further down the road, which means that last week we kind of looked at some films some guys we thought we'd seen around multiple mock drafts of being the most likely potentially in some of those mock drafts. Well, now we have your mock draft, the best of all the mock drafts.
Speaker 2: Obviously, that is what we're going to be going through today.
Speaker 1: We obviously are not going to go through all thirty two picks, so you've already pre filled in a few. We're going to go through some of the others. And we have this list of the available people for you to plug in.
Speaker 2: Where did we find this list?
Speaker 3: This is from Daniel Jeremiah's most recent just on Monday dropped Top fifty is big Board if you will on NFL dot com. Check that out. Some of the names have already been dragged, but this is where we got it from. And then this is my draft and I've filled in a lot of it because you probably don't want to see me drag every single name, but there's some way left blank because we wanted to discuss it a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's start up here at the top with the almighty top three picks that always end up being really fun.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now, I will say that this post was posted about twelve days ago. I have a new mock draft coming. I've already turned it in. It's coming in two days, so check that out on buccaneers dot com. And I will admit that the some picks have changed. But the first time I went through this, I did think that the two quarterbacks are going to go in the top three picks. So I have the Titans going with cam Ward. I think they probably would like to move on from will Levis and try again there. And then I don't have Shugar Sanders going to Cleveland because I think there isn't eventually going to be something to that Sanders effect about how maybe they don't want to go to certain places and teams kind of have to factor that in. But the great news for Cleveland is that they don't mind because they get this incredible prospect on the best pass rushing prospects in a while. A Miles Garrett is asking for a trade, so if they do end up trading him, there's a ready made replacement. He's a fantastic player with just an amazing burst around the edge and ability to get around the corner. So he's probably gonna be a game wrecker right from his rookie season. Then the Giants, who have been trying to get their quarterback situation right for a while, do take the next quarterback, and that is dear Sanders from California, Colorado, California, whatever thing one of those. So there there's your top three picks, all right.
Speaker 1: And so now it looks like your next ones you've left blank. I'm noticing a bit of a theme potentially.
Speaker 2: There. Let's take a look at our division.
Speaker 3: Right, we want to know what our divisions go.
Speaker 2: What are they going to do? So it's starting with the Panthers.
Speaker 3: Anthers and the Saints bolt end up in the top ten, so they've got a lot of options here.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of competition for those top ten picks this year too. The way that the Panthers started, we really thought they was hard to believe.
Speaker 3: They're down here at eight. Down here at eight. Yeah, so there's a lot of options here for the Panthers, but I had them going with an EDE rusher because this is a really good draft for ed drushers. In this case, James Pierce of Tennessee one of the higher ranked ones. But I think you're going to see five, six, seven of them go in the first round. Now, then we get to the Saints, who they've got a lot of needs on defense, and they have such a restrictive cap situation that it's really going to be hard for them to rebuild through free agency. They may even have to lose some of the players that they have to have. You know, their safeties are either free agents or getting up there like and so I think they could really use help in their secondary. And this is a really dynamic player, Malachi Starks. I could absolutely see him going in the top ten, even though safeties don't normally do so interesting.
Speaker 1: So, now if we scroll down a little bit, our next, our final remaining person from the division, the Falcons.
Speaker 2: They threw a fun little wrench into the mix last year. Do you see them making the headlines this year?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And imagine they'll do anything as shocking as when they took Michael Pennock's eighth overall, about a month after they'd given Kirk one hundred million dollars. Right, So what I think they'll do is what everybody has been predicting for the Falcons year after year. They have really had a hard time getting an edge rush, going a pass rush in general, and that's been a yearly problem a year after year for them. So with this draft, with so many good options, I think they go with Mike Green from Marshall. If he's still there, I gotta admit in my next mock draft he's going to go hire them. He's since the Senior Bowl, he's really shut up, and he led the he led the nation in zacks last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a big deal.
Speaker 3: Production is there.
Speaker 1: I've already noticed in these ones we've done so far, you've mentioned multiple edge rushers i'sane, and you also mentioned how many you thought might be going in this first round, So that probably sounds like there's potentially even more you're scene going here. And it's a position that we've discussed the books potentially being interested in.
Speaker 3: That's why it's so relevant because you will probably our brain trust will probably come up with their well definitely will come up with their rankings of how these guys, how they like them. You know, it might not be the way I'm showing you here. And if the ones they want are all gone, that's definitely a position of need for the Buccaneers. But if the guys they are hoping for in this range go in this range, then it might not happen. And that's why I left these planks because in my microdraft, after Mike Green, I also have the Cardinals taking Shamar Stewart and the the Bengals taking mikel Williams from Georgia.
Speaker 2: Lots of Georgia guys. Well, that's already a lot of edge guys off.
Speaker 3: The board, so three in a row just right before. So if we're sitting there, or if our brain trust is sitting there in the draft room, thinking we got a real good shot at an edge. Should we take an edge, should we take a cornerback, should we take a linebacker, this might be where they you know, tips the scales and the Buccaneers don't taken that drush.
Speaker 1: Or even do they try to trade up, but a couple of spots three they have for somebody like a Tristan wirfs where you're like, we got to get this guy. There's a run on offensive lineman.
Speaker 2: We got to do what we want to do. That'll be interesting to see him.
Speaker 3: That was a perfect example because when we traded up for Tristan Worris, if you recall, I believe it was just fourteen to thirteen, yep. But Jason Night was just too worried and who knows he could have been right. Not only that that team ahead of us could have taken it, but somebody could have jumped us for him. So yeah, so that's a great point. So if like say, the Buccaneers loved mikel Williams, you could see him, you swap pretty much every team is a threat to take an edge. Yeah, even if you have two good ones, you still could use another one, right, and it's it's hard to find them outside the first round.
Speaker 2: Now here we are finally to our Buccaneers.
Speaker 3: Yep, And so I'm thinking with the run on edges, the Buccaneers instead go cornerback. And the one I picked in my first minccraft was Notre Dame's Benjamin Morrison. He's as we talked about last week, the issue there is that he he heard his hip and had hip surgery in October. So that makes some bit of a question mark, and it makes the combine, which is just starting now important for him in terms of not the workouts but the medicals. Way, if you get good medicals, maybe he's stock goes up, right, because before you got hurt, really polished cornerback, great footwork, smooth, enough speed to keep you know, to catch up speed on deep balls. And so I think he's really, you know, ready to go cornerback as long as he's healthy.
Speaker 2: And as we know, you believe you can never have enough corner So.
Speaker 1: I think you loved this run on edges to be like, look, I got my guy, and I also noticed it's very convenient where we stopped scrolling here that as a Miszoo graduate, I noticed that you passed on my guy here, and even looking at the rest of your MinC draft, you passed on another.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little farther down is armand Mimbo.
Speaker 2: It's fine. It's fine.
Speaker 1: Now, if they went to Northwestern, I imagine you had the books picking them, but I'll.
Speaker 2: Just ignore that.
Speaker 3: It's just this is confidence, Casey. What this is confidence that the Bucks are getting get something done.
Speaker 2: Chris Godwin, that's true, and I do like that sentiment, so I will allow. Okay, thanks, I will allow the score. And you showed.
Speaker 3: And I want to say just one more time that a new I have a new mock draft coming up. You can also read read Dix's mock draft from last week. I have one coming in two days on Thursday. And as I said, they all right, and maybe I didn't say yet, but the first two picks are not going to be quarterbacks. Yeah that one, And I changed this pic.
Speaker 2: Oh, interesting look at the tease.
Speaker 3: After a couple of weeks of reading up, I found a player that I think maybe is even better fit right there.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: So now a you have to make sure you check out all their other mock drafts that they're posting, and you just stay tuned for our next road to the draft, because clearly this road is a windy one with some.
Speaker 3: U by the way, who's driving, Because if I'm driving, we're going to get there faster.
Speaker 2: That's very true.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you people, this man is a speechter. So that's why, Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna get to the draft very quickly. If he's in charge, all right, that's going to do it for us on this edition of Road to the Raft.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next time.