Speaker 1: The regular season is the rap.
Speaker 2: The NBA Playoffs are finally here, and there's no better way to cash in on the high flight hoops action than Prize Picks, a preferred partner of the NBA. Every bucket, every dive, every win means more when you're playing on Prize Picks, So don't pass up the next shot with Prize Picks and get fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. Do it live in the twenty twenty six NBA Finals sweep Stakes. Alert pick live squares during the NBA Playoffs and you could win a trip for two to the NBA Finals. To enter, just make a five dollars lineup with at least one live NBA player pick during any part of the twenty twenty six NBA Playoffs. Live player picks are picks made after the game is already in progress. Prize Picks is simple to play. You know the playoffs season. I'm all in on LA as always, Okay, See, baby Lebron is gonna light you up more and more and more.
Speaker 1: Get on the action that.
Speaker 2: Prize Picks is now available in all fifty states, including California, Texas, Florida and Georgia. Download the prize pick apt today. Use coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineup after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's cold Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. Prize picks a preferred partner of the NBA.
Speaker 3: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: I'm your host, O Choe my partner, I sho Joe Johnson, seven time NBA All Star, one of the best to ever do it, nominated for the Hall of Fame, coming up very soon.
Speaker 3: I will be there for his induction. Welcome to Nightcap.
Speaker 4: I don't know what uncle is, but we're gonna get this thing going anyway, Chat, how y'all doing?
Speaker 3: I love you? It's showtime.
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey, what's up? Twin as old with Bro? That the Hall of Fame. I ain't get picked this year, Bro.
Speaker 3: No, okay, listen, Hey we got time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I'm just letting you know. I'm just letting you know.
Speaker 5: You're probably, you know, getting your hopes up high thinking we're gonna you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, time, next time, next time, next time. It's it's gonna come. Let me tell you when it's gonna come. I'm gonna be there and listen, I'm gonna be the ghetto when in the in the in the in the stands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with the air horn. Yeah, y'all gonna have an air horn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe, Oh, what's happening? Man? Hey? What's going on? Man?
Speaker 3: Hey? Hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 1: Os this Teddy Bear?
Speaker 3: I mean, well ship, they all get the same.
Speaker 1: This Teddy Bear. Teddy I got my hair back now, he said, I look like a real, real live Teddy Bear. Yeah. Yeah, So y'all did the intro?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I had I had it.
Speaker 1: I had thought gonna take the intro.
Speaker 3: I did do it.
Speaker 5: Hey, ojo ojo did it? But I ain't gonna lie. I could have. I could have did it way better than this ship. I would have. I would have. I would have had it spiffed up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He yeah, but it was cool though. It was cool.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, Joe, I'm not really an intro person, man, I'm not an intro person, you know.
Speaker 5: All Right, Okay, y'all, don't worry about it. Don't worry about it. You got you got it. You got a jamorrow, Joe, Man.
Speaker 4: Come on, I got it tomorrow, all right, all right, whych Joe? You're gonna mess up to or pleads up or plead See now, y'all in game.
Speaker 3: Too much time to practice.
Speaker 2: Now, Man, he gonna hey, hey, hey, he gonna be he gonna be in the mirror.
Speaker 1: He gonna let it down.
Speaker 3: Ain't gonna be practicing. I did mind right off the head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look what you get used to it. I mean, you gotta remember the cut of the sequence of it. Like last night, I only have. I don't really use the proper anymore anyway, for the most part, only time I used I really use the problem unless I got to do an ad read or something like that.
Speaker 1: All the other stuff. You've done it so much, you know, to unity word by you you think about it. It's muscle.
Speaker 5: It's muscle memory, baby, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what it is. Where's the rundown? Oh here it is, all right, guys. Well the Spurs they take control. They're back in front three. Two get a chance to close out the game in Minnesota thanks to a one twenty six ninety seventh victory win. He gets back to game five, he has twenty seven points, seventeen rebounds, five assists, and three blocks. And so now you think about it, what's the averaging, and he's averaging. Basically, this is Tim Duncan. If you can see it, I don't know if you guys can see can they see it? Okay? So Tim Duncan in his first playoff games to the right, his first ninth games played, he averaged twenty point seven points forty two minutes, nine rebounds, two and a half blocks, almost fifty six percent true shooting. Wimby is averaging twenty and a half points in twenty nine minutes, eleven point two rebounds, four point two blocks on sixty five and a half percent true shooting. So through their first nine playoff games, he's ahead. Not saying he's gonna be better than Tim Duncan. We know Tim Duncan is a transcendent player. Arguably he's ain't no argument he's a top ten player. You can make a case for him to be a top ten, top five player based on how much he's won the All NBA selections both offensively and defensively, the finals MVP, the regular season MVPs.
Speaker 1: They're he could have been.
Speaker 2: A defensive Player of the Year, but Wemby is a projected to be better. How was you know when you look at it? And we said this the other night, Joe, I'm not so sure in Minnesota win this game is if Winby doesn't get kicked out. And we all agreed last night they were gonna blow Minnesota out tonight. Yeah, Minnesoulta got their hands for They're gonna have to be on their best behavior when the game swings back to Minnesota or they're gonna end this series.
Speaker 1: Joe, what did you like it from what?
Speaker 2: What did you like about san Antonio and more importantly, what did you like about Winby tonight?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh, Joe, go ahead, I see you itching for some what you guys say?
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, listen, I don't know if coach made Weinby, you know, apologize to a teammates, or if he did something formal in the locker room, you know, for for what he did getting thrown out the game and putting putting the team in in such a inadvantageous situation, which which allowed Minnesota to win that game. But his apology to them was loud as hell. Once he got in that goddamned court. Yes, sir boy, he gave him boys, hell, Joe not gave him.
Speaker 3: Hell, I'm about right off the back, right off the back here.
Speaker 4: Let me show y'all how sorry I am by coming out here setting the tone and dominating early in the game. And once he started off like that, everybody else finished it off. The Wolves ain't having an't have a chance all night long.
Speaker 1: Man kept because I was looking, I was watching the game.
Speaker 2: I started watching the game in the lounge that I was watching on television, and they get out to a fourteen point lead, and the Wolves cut it all the way back down to two. They get out to a thirteen point lead, they cut it all the way back down to three. I was like, well, damn, Miniso San Antonio. Y'all can't keep any separation. Give Minnesota credit. They're not willing to die just yet. But then I looked up again they are eighteen, and next time I was like, well, damn, what what really happened? Obviously you see their different team with Wenby. Yeah, they're a different team with Wenby. There's no way riding You see what they shot thirty less than thirty forty percent from the field, less than thirty percent from the three point line. They did, they were aggressive. They got to the free throw line thirty times, made twenty four of those. The rebounding disparity again fifty to forty two plus eight for San Antonio everybody minus Julius random minus twenty two, Jade McDaniel's minus twelve, Rudy minus fifteen minus twenty man minus nine. And the problem that you're running to, Guys, If Rudy Goberry's gonna give you four and five and their Sinner's gonna give you twenty seven and seventeen, you're not winning that game.
Speaker 5: Hey, what we talk about the other night. Hell, when you got winby out there, bro, they already you already at a disadvantage. He just too He's just too big of a difference, Fellas. Listen, I'm watching hell. When they brought Julius, I mean, when they brought nads Read in, he got nads read throwing the ball all over the damn back.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 5: He trying sky hooks and all kinds of shit, trying to get.
Speaker 1: That ball over the man my face.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, I'm talking about it ain't hitting no rim I'm telling you listen.
Speaker 1: So if he don't even block it.
Speaker 5: Hell, the chances of you making the shot, it's just almost impossible.
Speaker 3: Bro Olo, Hey Joe throwing what old Joe?
Speaker 1: I seen him throw one like this? Did he threw a hook? He threw a running hook.
Speaker 2: I said, damn, o Joe, you know you man, I show hate to tell somebody some because I know they go throw it up in my face. Man, I show hate to shoot this shot. I know women gonna throw this shot. Hey, But he know, but nas Reed knew he had that.
Speaker 5: That was his biggest defense, meaning like he gotta go ahead wimby. Man, it's hard to score over there, man. Bro Hey, when he's sitting there and you get buying all you go straight up, bro, it is hard to score that ball.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: I think the timboo I thought they played pretty good. The uh you know, the game got away from him at the end. But who he just too much fellas.
Speaker 2: The problem is is that when you look at it and you say, because that is not his normal shot. Every once in a wild guy, you know, you make a heat from half court. But that's not a shot that you practice. That's not your like you said, muscle memory, that's not your normal muscle memory his muscle Kareem. I mean I think I might have saw Kareem shoot a normal shot. I'm talking about like he shot a free throw from the field, maybe a handful of times.
Speaker 1: His muscle memory was this. Yeah, it was this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so nads going out there trying to throw that and you might hit it here there, but that's not your normal shot. Your muscle doesn't have the memory to shoot that shot. But you know, if I shoot a regular shot, I'm gonna have to eat that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, because when you playing the game of who's bro, you're playing off instincts. So like your moves not premeditated. You know, you you may give him a little hig high and whatever he go for and you go to the goal. Now you gotta figure out what you're gonna do. But hell, he right there. I'm like, damn, hey, it's it's challenging, man. But they got to continue to go at him.
Speaker 1: I I agree with you, Ojo women started the game. Bro.
Speaker 5: He was like, look, hey, my bad fella.
Speaker 4: Like you said, right, they was they was they was closing the lead down to two. Obviously, you know the game of basketball, so it's a game of runs, you know, so you're gonna have You're gonna have leads, they gonna close it down. And then a team like the goddamn Spurs that got damn Keldon Johnson. Oh yeah, I got damn Kelton Johnson off the goddamn Ben Hey, young young boy had twenty two.
Speaker 3: He was he was a fish in his hell the night.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he was one of the big differences because if you look at it right, shoot four out of the five for the for the Wolves shoot, they was in double figures. Hell, four out of the five forgot damn for the Spurs was in double figures too. But then you add got damn Keldon Johnson with his twenty one man, All that make.
Speaker 1: A difference, Joe, Yeah, do that make a difference.
Speaker 2: The thing is you said the Timberwolves and double figures. Look at what they shot to get double figures. Julius Ramdall has seventeen points on seventeen shots. Yeah, Jade McDaniels had for seventeen points on thirteen shots, Desamo had sixteen points on fourteen shots, and man had twenty points on thirteen shots. And now you come down and you looked at in Byama, he had nine on sixteen, eight of eleven for Stephan Castle, eight of eleven for Calton Johnson, fifty percent of Dylan Dylan Harper. And so that is the that's the difference in the ball game there. Yeah, they got double figures. But if you gonna take if you go get seventeen points and it's gonna take you tell seventeen shots to get it, congratulations.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be hard to win like that. Congratulations, you know.
Speaker 5: And another reason in this series, Rudy ain't giving you no twenty nothing, you know what I'm saying. So you ain't getting no points from Rudy. And the only thing, the one thing that really hurts Minnesota, bro, is when Rudy's in the game, and that damn Winby don't have to guard no damn body man. He just clogging up the paint, you know, he he he.
Speaker 1: He liked their free safety out there, o Jo.
Speaker 5: He giving everybody hell, you know, because he can help off him, you know what I mean. So I know they try to bring nives read in so so he can kind of go at him and you know, obviously respect him and keep him away from the basket. But it's just so tough man, because Minnesota has to have a guy who's gonna play up in the thirties, meaning like a man gonna have to He got to be at least thirty five man for them to be for them to win, especially on the road.
Speaker 1: Like he playing great.
Speaker 5: Don't get me wrong, but you know, and under the circumstances that he's under.
Speaker 2: Joe, thirteen shots for him ain't gonna cut it. You not winning the game, You're gonna just what's gonna happen to you? If that man only take thirteen shots, you're gonna get blown out. He needs to be in the mid twenties.
Speaker 5: I think he's still he's still working through a little so, I mean, he looked like he getting better. But hell, they got so many guys meaning I need McDaniel's didn't play bad, but Julius Radland he gotta be a little better. Officially played good in this series, if we'll be honest. I know in this kind of it's hard, man, I know it's hard.
Speaker 2: But he has the advantage because he need to gonna have Champagne of a sall.
Speaker 5: But he got the advantage. He got the advantage, but he got he got covered too. On the man over the top.
Speaker 1: He and shit, he see him. Yeah, he can't get how he gonna get to the cup? Hen Man.
Speaker 5: That man got to shoot all them fadeaway jumpers. That's what he gotta make.
Speaker 2: Yeah he got he got you shooting fadeaway jumper because you know he want to get to the rim.
Speaker 5: He want to pile up to the rim. Yeah, so think about it. If he trying to, if he big body in him. Hell, by the time you turn around and shoot, and women standing right there, Carudie right over here, he ain't really got to guard him, you know what I'm saying. So it's it's it's it's tough, it's challenging. I see what's going on out there. That's why I say when Win ain't on the floor, Bro, it seemed like an even game, even when he go to the bench at times. Yes, you know what I mean, but they just so deep meaning San Antonio with guys coming off the bench. And I agree on yo, Kelden Johnson, Bro, he's probably the second most important player of the night, Bro, the way he played with that efficiency. Uh, and get into it. They're a tough team.
Speaker 1: Man. He is young.
Speaker 2: He made a mistake. He doesn't understand. He's like, Okay, you know, ain't nothing gonna happen. He didn't realize cause, like I think about it, think about this, this man is in the NBA. He's like he's because you could see Harrison barn telling him. He's like, what that he grabbed?
Speaker 1: What that means? You're rejected? I'm ejected. Yeah, they threw your ass out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cause he had no idea he's gonna come back. He thought they were gonna get him. You know, they shoot the fire shot, they and he gonna come.
Speaker 1: Back in the game.
Speaker 4: Hey you heard what he said? Oh okay, yeah, yeah left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, He's like, oh, I don't know if anybody remember the movie in Cold Blood with Truman Komproti wrote about the critical family. These guys were in prison and somebody was in prison told a lie that this family they had a farm, but they had lots of money in the safe. When of them was in the I mean they had a borderline iq O Joe and Joe And when he told him what happened, he thought because he told him what was what actually happened. One of the guys, because they found him and he told him what would happen, he thought Okay, we're going home.
Speaker 1: They're like, no, you're not going home. You're going to get hung damn.
Speaker 2: He's like really, He's like yeah really, so he doesn't he didn't know. He's like, oh, man, they gonna shoot five shots. I'm gonna be okay, It's all good. Hey m Then he's like, man, I cost our team a game because I'm of the inclination that me being Winby, they can't win with up, with me and alive up.
Speaker 1: He has to play bad.
Speaker 2: He gets in the twenties, Timberwolves not beating him, Joe, the only chance they got is that when he played really really bad. Yeah, I mean, what was he like, six or seventeen, five or seventeen. But if he scores in the twenties, yeah, and he's shooting a fit, they're not winning.
Speaker 1: Now, it's gonna be hard to beat him. It's gonna be hard. Hey listen.
Speaker 5: I think this was a very humbling experience for Winby, meaning this is a learning experience for him. You know, I can kind of tell through his demeanor throughout the game. Obviously he was so serious about the game. He's always been like that. But after the game interview, just listening to him talk. Uh, he understands that he pretty much you know, cost that game game four and you know with the thrust that he came out and played with in the first few minutes.
Speaker 1: Bro, Hey, it could be scary. Oho.
Speaker 5: I think that's the learning experience for him if they able to get up out this series obviously. Hey, look when you look, even throughout the game, the game is still so physical. Look how every time they get a chance to put their hands on their boy, what they're doing pushing them down, but putting their elbow on him, like just just just roughing him up.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 5: Look, and then hestead of getting filed every time he look, every time he get knock to the ground, he look up at the reft. Then he started to notice like, okay, this is how they play. Huh this hog, this how is going down? Okay, well look let me get my ass up and get on back on defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, y'all piss me off? Now yeah?
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, hey, similar hey, similar to when we was all in New York and y'all pissed me off and I went out.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, he gonna he gonna, he's gonna let it down.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: That's that's how winby did tonight. I'm talking about he wasn't playing no silly games with them. Boy man, here a human.
Speaker 2: Greg Papavich went straight to the airport to seek with to speak with Winby as soon as the Spurs landed back in San Antonio yesterday afternoon. Here's the footage. Guys, I wonder what.
Speaker 1: He said, teaching them that old school pivot.
Speaker 2: Hell, Hey, like, look, son, you made a mistake. You're not You're not your worst mistake. You're not your best thing to happen. You're somewhere in the middle. Don't let don't let this moving forward take away your aggressiveness and how you played this ball game that has happened. We can't do nothing about that. The two days that we can't do anything about is yesterday and tomorrow. Don't let that enter into anything that we're moving forward. We're moving forward without that baggage. Leave that behind. You're the best player on the court now tomorrow, go two days, go show it. Go show why you're one of the MVP finalists. Go show why you're Defensive Player of the Year. Go show why in your third year you're gonna be an all the NBA selection. Go show why many project you. When it's all said and done, you're going to be in consideration for one of the great the greatest player of all times.
Speaker 1: Just go show them why leave no doubt?
Speaker 5: Hey, you know what else he told him, Understanding that you're a great player and the only way these guys can slow you down is by being physical and pissing you off and hoping you get out of carriage out the game.
Speaker 1: Yep, here, point blank only way to stopped him. Stay locked in.
Speaker 5: Understand they gonna be physical and that's part of the game. Just get back up, I think, And pretty much that's what I seen to night. I ain't really see a whole lot of discouragement, you know on his face. You know, he just kind of just took it as it came.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Hey, he's a phenomenal He's a phenomenal talent. Do what I you know what what from from just watching and listen to him, he want to compete. Think about how he talked about an All Star game. I'm going to compete.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Think about.
Speaker 2: How he approaches everything. Ain't no, ain't no funny game. There's a time and a place for everything. But when I'm suiting up against other NBA players, that's not the time for funny games. Yeah, I'm trying to win. I'm trying to send a message. That's why the guys had to play hard. They didn't have no choice. They saw his ass out there playing hard.
Speaker 5: You heard, and man said, and man said that. He said, that's what made him turn up. He said the way winby came out and he was playing. You know, he turned up. But I think that's affection affectionist for him, Joe. And I also really believe he wants to be the best player to play this game.
Speaker 1: Bro. He want to be the best player to play this game.
Speaker 5: You can you can tell, uh, a boy how he goes about himselves and uh, he understands that he's a he's a unique talent. And I think he's really locked in, bro to win. I'm talking about the win this year. He want to win now, Yes, you know what I mean. So I think going through this, you know, if they able to get about this series, I think he'll be a learning experience for him. And going against that OKC team, you know he'll be he'll have to hear.
Speaker 1: He's gonna have to be locked in against them. Boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and who say who says, I gotta wait my turn. I'm jumping the line, That's what I'm saying. Magic wait his turn.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Magic won his first year, Bird won in his second year. Kim Duncan wanted his first who said, I gotta wait and different. Yeah, no, I'm good, y'all, y'all, y'all. Wait, I ain't waiting. I told y'all get my chickens by smashing the eggs, not about letting them match. I want what I want right now. I want to get it to him and now take it. Okay, keep it, I come get it. I know where it's at. I know where they keep that Larry Brian trophy.
Speaker 1: Yet that show ain't playing too, Yeah for sure. Yeah, and he got a long he got, he got young guys. They ain't got no choice.
Speaker 5: But they hunger too. Them guys around him, they hunger too, and they understand the moment.
Speaker 1: Two fellas. Don't get it twisted.
Speaker 5: You know, they know they got a great chance because I know they're super confident playing against that OKC team because they've had so much success against them this year. What they want three three out of the four times on yep mm hmm. Yeah, So they gonna go in pretty confident.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't have I don't have a problem with that, with the way he approaches the game, the way san Antonio approaches the game. Those young guys. I like the fact that they're coming up together. We go a we're gonna win or lose this thing together. They got a squad because they if you look at Champagnee and Winby, obviously they traded for Fox, uh Basell Castle.
Speaker 1: There the nucleus man. They got deep. They got a nice little squad man they do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who could definitely challenge Who's definitely gonna try and challenge? Okay, see bro to get to the finals. A, this is gonna be one of them, one of them is why.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm Yeah, uh, it's gonna be A man's gonna have to have one of these, another one of those out of body experiences. He's more than capable of doing that.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: But he damn show better. He damn suore better because that a that that dude with the size twenty shoes where you wear size too, he's stepping on folks. Hell, I'm surprised they ain't big. They bigger than that, And man, you know what they struggled.
Speaker 5: So they like even when they was at home that last game before women got kicked out, I think they were struggling.
Speaker 1: The score, they struggled. I'm talking about Minnesota. Oh yeah, yeah, remember how it was in the paint.
Speaker 5: Yeah, That's what I'm saying. It's like, man, they got some good for you.
Speaker 1: No, I'm good.
Speaker 5: It's like, if Minnesota don't get out to a fast start, you know, I'll be a little worried at times.
Speaker 1: So I hope they.
Speaker 5: I hope they come out blazing and get it to a Game seven. Bro, I want to Game seven has just hit a little different fellas for sure, Yeah for sure, and.
Speaker 1: I want to see it. I'm here for it. All right, guys, we got some we got some Laker news.
Speaker 2: Luca reportedly does not want the Lakers to trade off the Reads for Yallis, according to The Athletic. Multiple league sources said that the belief was illustrated when Luca told people with any organization that he wouldn't want Read to be included in any potential trade for Milwaukee's Gianni's Antetokoumpo. Danchet would strongly prefer a team constructed that includes him Reeves alongside whatever star Lakers could acquire. The team also promised Luca a ballaced roster similar to twenty twenty four, a Lakers anonymous Laker Room Lakers locker room sword said, we just don't have enough good players. When discussing the gap between the Lakers and the Thunder doing the four game suite to the defending champs for the Athletic GMS, Rob Polinka has made it clear he wants Lebron back, but stop short of calling him a number one priority. Of course, any team, including ours, would love to have Lebron James on their roster, the archetype of the roster that won't be going to be retrofitted around Luca and things he needs. Clearly, he's that leader and the player for the future that we want to build the right way.
Speaker 1: Joe, where does the Lakers go from here?
Speaker 5: I don't know when some scare out I was now because it didn't sound like, you know, they was gonna make it a priority to bring Broun back.
Speaker 2: No, well, we knew that. That's why they didn't reach That's why they didn't They didn't extend it. You remember this just the blast year. I mean, think about it normally when Lebron plays on the one year because he wants to. Yeah, because normally what do they do tear it up, give of the year and another player year.
Speaker 1: So normally he's on a two two year, three year deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is what they did this year. It's amazing. It's amazing how they want to be on the team a Ron, Luca. But when Lebron and for a certain thing, they never did that.
Speaker 5: That didn't joke. Okay, my bad, I'm sorry. Listen, here's what might be happening. They may construct a roster and still you know, obviously be able to you know, add Brun. But I think Bron wants to see them probably make some moves before he commit right away. He he ain't never gonna be in no rush. Oh Joe, you can't say he ain't coming back to me. Man, he playing, He on the team with his son, the building up forty to fifty million dollar house, and man.
Speaker 3: Come on, Joe, he not coming back.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 3: Let's let's just let's get this right.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Let's understand the way the Lakers are constructed, right, how many pieces are away from winning the championship. Think about it, Lucas said, he don't want Yiannis. We know why he don't want you, honest, even I have a better understanding of the game. That Jannis has to have the ball in his hands, Luca has to have the ball in his hands.
Speaker 3: Luke and Joannis. That's not gonna work.
Speaker 4: Why does he want Reeves? He and Reeves work well together. They work very well together. Lebron works well as well because now he diverts himself to being the third option, and he had nobody in certain himself, and he has no problem in certing himself in games when need be. Let Luca do what he does, let Reid do what he does. Still, they have nobody that can defend. They have no defenders outside of Marcus Smart DeAndre Ayden.
Speaker 3: I mean no disrespect the young Bull, but he hasn't leved.
Speaker 1: Do you mean the abomination?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, but they need too many Oh man, Joe, I mean you talking about the big hallucination.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, Joe, whatever you want to whatever you want to call him. They need too many pieces. And it's and it's and it's not enough players that they didn't get right now this year or next year. All of a sudden, we're gonna come in and be able to compete with the other teams in the West.
Speaker 5: Damn, oh, Joe, they were just missing the top score of Luca. Okay, since Luca asked for all this, Damn can he stay healthy enough throughout the postseason so we can see what we really got.
Speaker 3: You know what it was gonna look like.
Speaker 4: Regardless what you mean, Joe, if Luca was hurt, you just they still.
Speaker 3: They meant what they better want? What one one one game?
Speaker 1: We don't know, o, Joe. He the leading scorer in the NBA. We don't know.
Speaker 5: He's he's you know, he's played well against them type of teams.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he knocked him out to the finals.
Speaker 1: Heymen, him and who hemmy Kyrie.
Speaker 3: Ain't no Kyrie on the Lakers.
Speaker 5: Come on, Bro, you got Brun, You got Brun and Austin Reeves. We don't know, Bro, We don't really know.
Speaker 4: Like I like the way you being naive, Joe.
Speaker 5: No, I think I think they I think they do need another piece or two. But damn, they gotta stay healthy.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: This is why we say, not only do you want to be clicking in April going into the postseason, but you need your guys to be healthy as well. Bro, Hell, if you ain't healthy, it don't. I mean, look, bro, we got people playing out of position.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So so hold on, let me let me get this correct.
Speaker 1: Joe up before you go.
Speaker 4: Joe, are you saying if Luca paid, if Luca played, if Luca was healthy, that this series, but the thund that would have when when it would have been different could be?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: Hell, they missing an allstar over there, and uh for OKC.
Speaker 1: And Jaylen Williams.
Speaker 5: So if you got Luca and he giving you thirty a night, thirty plus a night, you know, brun giving you anywhere from eighteen in the twenty four to night are giving you his twenty.
Speaker 1: Two and and and.
Speaker 5: Uh ruy out here shooting the blood out that thing.
Speaker 1: Huh, Joe, I don't know, Joe.
Speaker 4: We ain't playing two K. This ain't NBA two K, Joe, this real life we talking about.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, I.
Speaker 3: Don't A healthy Lakers team is not beating the Thunder.
Speaker 4: They might win a game, maybe one or maybe two if that, and if they win too, it's only because the NBA and the refs colluding so they could pay the bills that's it.
Speaker 3: Let's be realistic.
Speaker 1: Ain't stop putting fuddle that name. Think about it.
Speaker 2: They win the champions they win the championship, and he breaks the team up. Why would you ever get rid of Caruso? Yeah, you need three in these guys. He talking about the team that Luca had around him in Dallas. What did he have, Joe? Guys that can defend? He had two scores, guys that can defend and shoot the three he had Washington? But GAFFERD what was gafferd rebounding?
Speaker 3: Love?
Speaker 1: Threat? Ye? Lively? What was he rebound? PJ? Washington? Three?
Speaker 2: And then you had Kyrie in him. But that's not what That's not what what you call him did? He wanted to break it up. What I don't understand for the life of me.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 2: You remember when they was in the bubble what somebody said, what's y'all game plan for us?
Speaker 1: Let him shoot? Yeah?
Speaker 2: They said, let him shoot. And then the next ship what they do they go sign They got it. They said, we're gonna let him show. Make it make sense. Now, y'all up to see see. Now, y'all, don't piss me off. Let's be all the way real. If Rob Polinka was not KBE's agent. Does he have that job? No, sir, But y'all don't want to talk about that. All you want to talk about, Well, Lebron got his son on his team. Lebron hand picked this. Let's have a real conversation. I got time today. Yeah, what about them picks? What about Sarafino Hood? Who is Sara Fedos? What is Sara fenal Hood?
Speaker 1: Where is he? Here was your first round pick a couple of years ago? Where is he? Joe? No, I have no clue. Bro Oh okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Out of Indiana. Yeah, you're right, Okay, I'm just checking. You had defenders, you had your veil, you had Dawhight Howard. You not paying them thirty million dollars? You break it up just because?
Speaker 1: And get what? Say? You know what?
Speaker 2: I think we'll be better if we have Camelo and Kamelo's for a phenomenal player. He's a phenomenal offensive player. But Camelo was old and he couldn't defend. Russ has never been known as a defender, and he couldn't shoot. I give you a prime example. I remember the one time I really got upset at Mike in nineteen ninety nine, we played.
Speaker 1: Against DC deal Carter his whole career in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: We were coming there on a Wednesday and say, you know what, guys, he's gonna do something to cost his team. He's gonna get a penalty, he's gonna get sneaky, he gonna get a little lazy with his eyes, and he's gonna give It's a big play what it might do. In nineteen ninety nine, go sign the very guy said we need to stay away from because but y'alln't want to talk about rob Oh y'all talking about hold on? Whoa whoa, whoa whoa? What about Magic? Do y'all really know?
Speaker 1: Y'all?
Speaker 2: See, I got tied today. I got a little bit of time on my hand today because you know, I've been busy. Had to get up early this morning, shoot the pod jump on the flight, had to come down. Ask say we got a shooe? I said, no, I gotta take a shower. I gotta smelling like get back right now. So I gotta get in a shower. I gotta get that up off me. Hey, ain't nobody asked why Magic Johnson quit? Why you just quit up and quit Himmy Jenie's sisters, brother sisters, they like brother sisters. Oh, they wanted Luke Walton Man said, y'all you know what, y'all keep Luke.
Speaker 1: I'm up out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lebron wanted ty Lou the man won a championship, coached unbelievable. Nah, we're gonna keep. We gonna were gonna keep Luke Walton Man. But you see what Luke did with Golden State. I could have coached Golden State with Steph KD. Draymond and Clayton wr the hell couldn't coach them to a championship.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: Look with the Lakers. Hi, look with Sacramento. Mm hmm yeah, okay, So he wanted that, so he wanted, he wanted to do that. I ain't gonna do a that's what you want, But now you want to make all these things you want to get exactly. But I'm gonna tell you what's gonna happen. And y'all know, Luca one of my favorite players. You're not with it name of time. You got a back court that's defensively challenged that you want a championship with.
Speaker 1: It? Ain't want why name think about it?
Speaker 2: What did they say when they played Luca, we want Luca the guard, so we gonna put him in the picket roll as great as he is offensively. When you see the clutch situation the last five minutes a game. What happened Austin Reeves last night? What did they do every time they wanted a basket? Correy k Mitchell or Shape whoever he's guardened bring it to me. I need to see it, y'all watch the game. Yeah, it's gonna be very very interesting. You better get some guys that can defend whether Lebron is there or not. I'm ready for Lebron to leave. I really am, because all they do is blame him, because all I know they didn't they from their last championship was twenty ten, and the next one they wanted was twenty twenty. In the pandemic, nobody once Kobe retired, because you gotta realize Kobe was hurt his last couple of years. Kobe was shooting under forty percent his last couple of years. Nobody was even talking about the Lakers until Lebron went there, and you didn't have to recruit him. He went on his own. Hey, I want them to leave, and I want to see how many championships because if you think about it, Joe, let me tell you something you've never heard about the Lakers.
Speaker 1: The Lakers, how many championship? They want a lot, not a Heat.
Speaker 2: The Heat had one championship, And what do they sell you before they got any more championships?
Speaker 1: Heat? Culture? Yeah you here, Golden State.
Speaker 2: You mean to tell me a team that got seventeen championship ain't got no culture. M huh, I'm looking for something, Joe coming that. Now, who they developed Kareem wasn't there?
Speaker 1: Shot? You didn't drag shout shot We last time they developed a player. M hmm. I see where you're going.
Speaker 3: Hey, but they try to move boy Rob Rob Rob, think.
Speaker 2: About Okay, you're hot. You wanted loot, so Magic says, I'm up out of here. The next year later you lose Tylo. Now you go get Vogel. Guess who his backcourt was. Two of the smartest people that ever play in the NBA, Lebron James and Rajon Rondo. Yeah, what y'all want to run? What y'all run and run? I happy to get up, get sweated, my knees hurting the night, Hey, Bron, Rondo. My knees and my back hurt. I'm sitting down tonight.
Speaker 1: Handle that.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what Frank Buller is, Fraik. They have a down here. Lebron get hurt, they get swept. I think, uh, the Suns, then you get Darvin Ham. I just want to know what y'all gonna do. I'm anxious to see because I'm a Luca fan. I'm an Oustar Reeds fan. Ostar Reed's story. It should be a documentary. Yes, for a guy to come out that's an undrafted free agent. The average seven points nine points, thirteen point I mean nineteen points twenty three points.
Speaker 1: It should be studied.
Speaker 2: Just go to show you what you can do when you put your mind to it and you put the work in. A lot of it has to do you joke sometimes, you know, you gotta go to the right situation. Yeah he went to the right situation. Yeah, he spoke in glowing terms how Lebron took him on his wing. It didn't have to. But I'm gonna be watching. I'm gonna be watching now. I'm gonna need to see some championship Laker fans. I want to see some championships in the next five years. I need to see some championship takers.
Speaker 3: Okay, now you see in the next five years.
Speaker 4: Now, that makes much more sense because what they need.
Speaker 1: You want me to be You want me to be more generous, I say ten.
Speaker 3: Nah, he.
Speaker 5: Man, they got they gotta they gotta take a real look at you know, uh, some roster changes just in order to get you to what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: In the next five years, will okay, see be better or worse than what they are alright now, Joe.
Speaker 1: They gonna be shit. They're probably gonna be better on the same Okay.
Speaker 2: In the next five years, San Antonio, they're gonna be better or worse than what they are right now, Joe.
Speaker 3: What damn?
Speaker 2: So either they need to move to the Eastern Conference or the Lakers need to step their game up.
Speaker 1: Now one of the two need to happen. You better figure it out.
Speaker 2: The problem was, and I don't know if Lebron really really factored this in. It's kind of like the situation where you don't fully evaluate the situation. We go in and we drop a couple of bombs on Iran, and what's the worst they can do where they can shut that thing down?
Speaker 1: And you're making hell on you hm hm, Lebron.
Speaker 2: That's see, I'm not really homegrown. I've been their most beloved and cherished players, chief rivalry for a decade plus. How am I gonna see how they going to feel if I come in? Because people minds are warped. See they don't they like well? He trying to erase Kobe's legacy. How you erased somebody's legacy. Kobe's already done what he did, right. He is trying to enhance the Lakers, make the Lakers relevant. No matter what you think. Lakers wasn't on the on TV like they were when they had all them guys and they were celebrating and hitting do it all kinds of crazy stuff. Don't nobody talking about the Lakers? Go back when last time? We hadn't talked about the Lakers since Kobe's what that sixty point game? We didn't talk about the Lakers before, and we hadn't talked about him since until one twenty three showed up. Yeah, Crusoe nine million dollars a year, that's what the Bulls offered him. Now we ain't gonna match that. A guy that is three in d outstanding defender and knockdown shots. Remember he made three big threes last night night and he played outstanding and he plays outstanding defense. That's what he's known for. I mean, you had him and k C P. But you know what they said. You know what, we don't want to leave a Tucker Taylor, Horton Tucker. We don't want to lose him Joe. So we're gonna give him three years, thirty two million. And now, now where is he currently?
Speaker 1: He oversees someone? Damn Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Lebron James is a free agent. Austin Reeves has a player option. Rui is a free agent. DeAndre Aighten player option, Marcus Smart player option, Luke Kennard free, Jackson Haye free, Maxic Kleeber free.
Speaker 5: You want to bring a couple of them guys back, try and bring help them guys back.
Speaker 2: Well, ru it definitely should be. You should definitely should try to bring Rud back. You definitely should bring Rud back. That's it, you know, I'm saying that.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean.
Speaker 5: Bring back as going back Austin out of that, I think that's that's gonna be that. I think that's gonna determine a lot aar is he gonna get is he gonna get a MAX deal, or is he gonna get somewhere close to a max or or is he gonna take somewhat of a generous discount? Because if he take two, if he takes two fifty okay, oh Joe, Yeah, that's a big chunk of the pie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if you look look at that group, the only guy in that group that can defend is Marcus Martin.
Speaker 1: Yep, he's the.
Speaker 2: Only guy to confair. I thought he did a great job on Shay last night. Yet he got his buckets, but he made it, he made him work for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when you talk about for a series, When he talked about for a series, I thought he'd done a hell of a job. If you ask me, you ain't listen you Guarden arguably the best play in the game right now. Who's probably gonna be the m v P.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen.
Speaker 5: Out of four games, bro, he got yeah, he had one game to where he was him he went off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta live with that. Somebody talking about you lied. Lakers wasn't on TV.
Speaker 2: I don't remember Lakers being on TV when Kobe went coch, I don't remember them on be on TV because Kobe was hurt.
Speaker 1: You a lie. Lacos wasn't on TV. But I tell you who was on TV.
Speaker 2: The Cleveland Cavaliers, Oh yeah, and the Golden State Warriors, the Boston Celtics when they had them young guys coming up, Tatum and Brown, smart Al Horford.
Speaker 1: I can tell you who was on TV.
Speaker 2: You would say, you see, it's easy to say that now cause Lebron there, They're gonna be on TV after Lebron leaves called Luca's there. But you a lie, You a lie. They wasn't on TV. Yeah, they was in LA market, but they wasn't broadcast. Nash don't do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the product with the product wasn't the same.
Speaker 2: No, it was, it wasn't. It wasn't the Lakers. LA is predicated on the winning. Yep, it's predicated on winning. So if you don't win, what do we? Oh, Joe, Joe, we know because we have the luxury of being able to go where we want to go. There's too much going on in LA for for you to go sit in a building. When you got you can sit on rooftops, you can sit on decks, you can go to the beach and I'm gonna go sit somewhere where they lose it and I can be up and malleable. I can be on Venice, I could be at.
Speaker 3: Newport Santa Monica. Peer too much to do.
Speaker 2: It takes a lot to boy, but it's it's amazing how we remember things. It's you know, sometimes our memory is what we wanted to be. Yeah, we can go back and look at that. What's the first thing they say? Guys, I don't quite remember it like that. I bet you don't. I bet you don't. But we're gonna find out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're about to find out. I hope that.
Speaker 2: Look, Luca lucam my got. I don't root for it. I rooted for him when he was in Dallas. It was great when he came to the Lakers because Lebron was there. Our root for Luca. But I'm a Lebron fan. I ain't make no secret about that. I've been a Lebron fan.
Speaker 1: Ain't hold on.
Speaker 5: So, but do you really feel you really think it's a great chance he going somewhere else?
Speaker 4: So, yes, I told you, Joe, I said that what that last night shows?
Speaker 3: What show that was? I said that? Yeah, I said, I said, I'm telling I'm telling.
Speaker 1: You, he's hard. It's just hard. Joe.
Speaker 3: Come on now, the warriors.
Speaker 2: You've been making Joe, you've been making fifty millia. How long you been making fifty million? And they want to.
Speaker 1: Break you off with a little eight piece.
Speaker 2: You don't have fifty. You don't have been even fifty n fifty pieces. They try to go on you that little six piece. You're like, man, come.
Speaker 4: On now, hold on, hold on, Hey, I got listen, and I got I got something that can fix that too. Now what they want to give him a little six piece? You've been getting fifty all this time, Right, I got one place he can go. Wait, they can get him that six piece and he can make up that fifty based.
Speaker 1: On what in huh go to New York? Huh that I.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm not saying New York won't be a great place, but they still playing and we don't know how they may finish out. So you know, that's kind of hard to kind of because they're not gonna want to break that.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's just say, for the sake of argument, they go to and they win the championship. They're not gonna be foolish. Time people break down tied roster, talking about, oh, we get a big name now, because you're gonna have to get off some of those pieces that make you click.
Speaker 1: Why would you people gonna walk Miles Bridges, hold on.
Speaker 3: Bridges, lebron is free unk you have to give up on You don't have to give up nothing.
Speaker 1: But but to make set to make the salaries work.
Speaker 4: Joe, I just so, I just told you he'd take the six piece because he can make more off the court, because he's in New York.
Speaker 1: I can make that. I can make that anyway.
Speaker 5: Hen I can't he look o Joe, I know he, I know he would love to win another title. But I don't see that man taking no discount. Bro, I don't, I don't. I don't see him taking.
Speaker 2: That kind of haircut. Oh ya, I want to like fade. You gave me, You gave me all fad, you followed me, you gave me the Kojak.
Speaker 4: But listen, I just I just gave you the only place, the only place, maybe the only other place. That's the only place, the only other market where if you do take a discount, you're gonna make up four times.
Speaker 3: Ten being in New York. Anyway, Well, if that the case.
Speaker 1: He can make up for it in l A too.
Speaker 2: All of his projects are out there, his production companies out there, the TV show, the game show, the movies, the documentaries.
Speaker 3: They're not winning nothing. They need too many pieces.
Speaker 5: No, they just need a couple. They need like another piece. And they need these guys to stay healthy. Oh, Joe, you can't. We never seen them full strength for real, bro, And when we did. Hey, look, I'm gonna tell you another thing. I listened to bron press conference. He ain't really sound like he was too He ain't sound like he was too happy about that. Damn that role he was playing early in the year. No, he asked me. He sounded like, you know, I played it because you know that was best for the team. But you know, like he said, man, hell, he hadn't played that role. He said since however, he said Then he said ever, Yeah, he said ever, because.
Speaker 2: He's like, hold on, I get Luca. I get Luca. But how aust the Ridge just pulled voute me. He said, I can't Luca. It's fourteen to fifteen millis years younger. He could score the basketball just like I can. He could rebound the ball just like I can. He could facilitate I just like I can respectfully. How Austin Reeves jumped me though, because I was just an All NBA selection last year. Listen, I was just in the All Star Game last year. Luca was first team. If I'm not mistaken, Luca what first team All NBA? So I get Luca. I'm not arguing that, but I just want y'all to tell me how to.
Speaker 5: They r jump me, because listen, Okay, we ain't think Aar was gonna come out to shoot blazing like he was the first twenty twenty five games. The man was unconscious. Yes, hey, hey, listen, listen, we know you big dog over here. Man, Hey, we need you to kind of just fit in with the guys because we don't want to pull the rings back on Aar. We want him to keep going, but we need you to fit in seamlessly. Be that Swiss army knife, you know, you know, keep the morale of the team up, and see what you can add and see if you can be a yeah, value of service to what we're.
Speaker 1: Trying to build.
Speaker 5: You know, I thought that, you know, maybe the Lakers thought Ar was gonna be good, But I ain't think I don't think they was anticipating that. To start the season, Fellas without Brun on the court, that man was insane the first twenty twenty five games.
Speaker 2: Was he was cutting up by little. But let me ask you a question. He y'all, he was talking about he forty one and aar this and that. Who looked the best in the playoffs against the thunder? To be honest, put your this like a head aside. Who looked the best against the Thunder? Well, listen, listen, hollo, y'all know I'm waiting on the chatter to respond. Give me a second, just a second, jo.
Speaker 3: Whoa hold on?
Speaker 1: Not just a minute ago?
Speaker 2: I was talking and y'all was just hot all this this every taple Lebron just coming up? Who led the Lakers in points? Who led the Lakers and rebounds? Who led the Lakers in a seals? You mean to tell me a forty one year old out played twenty five, twenty six, twenty seventy, y'all? Something ain't right, Joe? Well, you say, boy, something in the milk and clean? Oh yeah, come on, do.
Speaker 5: You know hey there you know they bore a different breed. Now you're a different breed. Broun it's a different breed.
Speaker 3: Hey, everybody took about Ruie Rut.
Speaker 2: I told Rud was the most consistent. But that was one of the questions. See how they changed it? Oh Joe, But who did I say? I said who out of Austin reason?
Speaker 1: Lebron?
Speaker 2: You see instead of geting Lebron? Greaty what they do with Joe? So you had a or B? They say, see, but see what one of the options?
Speaker 1: You see how they did know Joe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a Swiss a narrative.
Speaker 2: Huh see, I see y'all debate for fun? Y'all going, they bet your homeboy, I'm a professional debater. Yeah, you see how boxed to be in. They didn't even know how boxed it is. But they did what I wanted to do, Joe. I wanted him to put Rud to make my point. O, Joe, you see how you debate. You give them one or two answers and when they give you something else, bam, drop the hammer.
Speaker 1: How you do it?
Speaker 2: See, that's how you walk somebody into a trap when you debate. Yeah, and they didn't even know it. They thought they were doing something. Ruy Ruy walked you into a trap. You didn't even know I had set for you.
Speaker 1: Now, what was you gonna say? Joe? Hell, I forgot what we were talking about. Uncle.
Speaker 4: Hey, Hey, I'm still I'm still made hell on all right, I'm still I'm still mad you. You you said they god damn Lakers healthy would have beat the Thunder. You said, we don't know. I know, Joe, Joe, don't do that, Joe, you happy leap.
Speaker 1: John O Joe, Oh Joe.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying they would have beat them, but I can't think damn sure, don't think they would have got swept. And what I'm saying is the fact that Okay se is down an All Star player, probably the second leading score man.
Speaker 1: You don't know how things.
Speaker 5: Hey, look if Luca would have been in this series hottest fish, he averaging forty.
Speaker 4: Joe, we've seen, we've seen the Thunder without Shade, they ain't miss a beat. We see Shade go to the bench. They still ain't miss a beat, and they still don't have their second leading score.
Speaker 3: They not missing the beat. They have too much depth. It's not happening. I got I got one for you, real quick. What you got knock knock?
Speaker 1: Who's that?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: See Okay, see who Okay, see your ass leader next year, Lakers.
Speaker 5: Listen, Bro, Look, I think with the Lakers running in the OKA see yeah, meaning them being the best team in the league. Bro, well what they had, I thought they I thought they put up a pretty damn good fight.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 5: The thing is, Ayr had to catch rhythm throughout the series. Oh jo, he the man had been out over a damn month with this, with this real thing. So for you to jump right back in the fire against the best team, okay, not only the best team, but the best defensive team, Come on, Bro, it's gonna take you a couple of games before you really can get back to yourself. If you can get back to yourself, I thought he gave him pretty good. I thought he gave him a couple of pretty good games, uh, considering you know what they was fighting up against. But man, look, if you got Luca, Bro, I just think it would have been a different series. Okay, all right, I think they'll still be playing hell. Okay, that's my honest opinion.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: I got I got you, I got you. Listen. You know better than me, man, Listen, I'm just I'm learning on the flat.
Speaker 5: That's like, Hey, look, think about it. You got the the number one score in the NBA. Okay Boom, we gotta take him off your team during the playoffs, Like, come on, bro yeah
Speaker 2: M