Speaker 1: Boys.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Bust with the Boys. I'm your host Will Compton, our boy, our co host Haryl Lawan, who's in the Riley Green interview but not present with us today. He is currently getting them getting that drywall put up for his mouth. Dude, he's getting his permanence put in his permanentee. So hopefully his his temporary stopped falling out at nighttime. But anyway, he's got a full day ahead of him, so the boy's not gonna make it. We are about to break down. We got George Kittle at wrestle Manny, we had a Riley Green interview. The boy is phenomenal. He comes back on the bus, he's absolutely blowing up. Shout out, no free shot out of course. The little girl Ruth Serulian Bell, she turns one. Shout out. Actually today I'm recording Monday. It's Tuesday. You're listening. But hey, Rondo a bass for Cerulian Bell turning one years old. And we also get into March Madness the LSU Iowa women's basketball because the women's basketball is way better than the men's.
Speaker 1: Before we do get into.
Speaker 2: That, this podcast is brought to you by the One the only Chevy Silverado football Season's football season is over, March Madness is over, thank God. But that doesn't mean we're gonna stop rooting for our favorite team. The Chevy is franchise player. This Silverado a truck with unstoppable grit determination. According to JD Power, Chevy trucks have earned more New Vehicle Quality awards than any other brand out there. That's some serious harwhare. That's why the boys got himself a z R two Chevy Silverado. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more. The Silverado is as strong a dependable as the people who drive them, like you guys like myself, just gritty.
Speaker 1: We gotta bleep that out.
Speaker 2: For JD Power twenty twenty two US Award information, visit jdpower dot com Forward Slash Awards. Boys, it was a solid weekend. The little girl, she obviously she's she's one years. One years old. Time absolutely flies. For everybody that's wondering she is walking, We've seen about eight steps out of her. We don't have to get her to turn int her iPad in her playbook. You don't have to put her up for adoptions. She is worthy of being in the family. But the birthday party couldn't win any better. She had a lot of fun. She had kind of that separation anxiety. She's getting to that age where you know, new people come in and she doesn't want to be try and like, let you know, your dad and our parents and other people hold her and she's kind of like gripping you stronger. But all in all, a very good when year old birthday party and also a celebration of just being a parent for a year like that. Shit is wild, bro, my wife celebrating her after having that forty something hour laboring experience.
Speaker 1: But yes, we will.
Speaker 3: Do babies get like cake or is it like a baby friend? Like, do they get like cake like we would eat on a bird?
Speaker 2: Yes, So there's just like smash there's something called the smash cake and uh, Charles's dad, her grandpa made her a smash cake, this little double aired thing. It's kind of her first time getting into the just having something like that, getting the sugar involved and everything else. She has fruit and all that fun stuff, but it was her first time, her first little cake eating experience.
Speaker 1: She's a little hesitant at first.
Speaker 2: I'm whipping the icing up with the finger and trying to like you give it to her and she's like shaking her head no, and then she kind of you kind of force it on her lip for a second, sounds weird and she realizes, Yo, this shit kind of hits and then she just starts digging in. It was awesome. The boy you know, fell me on Instagram on the score Will Compton. You see some flicks on the gram. But yeah, they have something called a smash cake and they just get in and dig in, bros. Just a normal cake, basically, I think.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: I don't know why they call it a smash cake other than just like you can smash it. Really the ship we grew up on vegetable oil and old oil, you know what I mean. Just making a flour based sugar rush cake.
Speaker 4: You're gonna make her follow some sort of weird diet growing up. Like, are you gonna say, like no sugars.
Speaker 2: No, No, I mean I don't think I'll do that. I think I'll be we'll be conscious of what you know, she puts in her body and just hopefully try and foundationally. I guess, teacher, you can't really teach kids like they're just fucking little animals. But dude, I go back and forth on that because you know not that not to throw the word woke around, but we have way more access to to nutrition these days. Like people can get well versed on how healthy everything is, and we're all starting to learn more from documentars and everything else, how bad some of this processed sugar, all the all the nut oils and everything else that are out there that can like cancer calls and just bad for you overall. Right, Like when we're growing up and in high school and you're trying to gain weight, like your coach is telling you eat three peanut butter sandwiches before you go to bed, and you're you're eating a whole wheat wonderbread, thinking, oh, I'm getting the good shit because now I'm gonna be healthy only to get to college. And then you learn that like enriched wheat flour is the is the enemy, and enriched wheat flours in like the whole wheat bread, right, so then you start trying to find that real whole wheat out there.
Speaker 1: Then you kind of learn about gluten and like you learn about all.
Speaker 2: This shit, but your boy, like growing up, like grow up in small town Missouri, we're eating fucking anything, and if I'm gonna sit here and be like, am I gonna be super conscious? Like I'm gonna be conscious about it, but I'm not gonna be some like strict dad, like you can't do X, Y and Z, Like she's gonna have her her cakes or smash cakes and shit like that. But I feel like I'll be a little bit more conscious about maybe the ingredients per se. So it's like she wants cake, how can we make a healthier cake? Right, like use the good flowers, the good oils. Like, so let's see if you can turn something out like Pinterest and Instagram, like some of these people out there have of recipes that just look off the chains and if it can taste anything remotely like it, It's like, why not go the healthier route? But I'm not gonna be a stickler like your boy. I would leave my grandparents' house slamming four sodas and then they have like three. However a minute, I could fit my pockets on the right home because we didn't carry like sod at the house. Not only a health thing, we just didn't carry sod at the house, you know what I mean. Or I go over to a friends and just launch cereal into my mouth because I'd be like, oh, you can have cereal midday or late at night, Like we only got to eat one bowl cereal in the morning for just breakfast. So it's like, you know, they're gonna do what they do when they go somewhere else. Anyway, I feel like it's more of just I guess being conscious of it and then maybe teaching them as they get older.
Speaker 1: But they're fucking kids, man, They're gonna do with their thing, well, like what's.
Speaker 3: The new ingredient that's like popular right now that in ten years they're gonna be like, yeah, that actually wasn't that healthy for you, because what was it?
Speaker 5: Ten years ago?
Speaker 3: Kale was like the rage and healthy superfood, but apparently kale cuts your stomach lining like for some reason, it's not as healthy for you. And before the whole explosion of kale, one of my buddies told me this this weekend, the largest consumer of kale, or like a purchaser, was Pizza Hut forever because it was the like the dressing around the pizza.
Speaker 5: They would come on the platter. I don't know if you remember that.
Speaker 3: I'd be like this green stuff that came around the pizza and apparently pizza was the number one or not producer consumer. I guess a purchaser of kale and up until then, like no one fucked with kale.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, Like who knows what the new fat is gonna be.
Speaker 2: I feel like a lot of like data and stuff is usually five to ten years later. Yeah you know what I mean. Uh so I have no fucking clue. But all to say is like I'm not gonna be some strick dad. I am conscious of that stuff at times, but then I like try and check myself immediately, like hey, brother, like you grew up drinking canola oil, like it's gonna be all good.
Speaker 1: Like you're too, You're just fine.
Speaker 2: You got time drinking that hose water and stuff, exactly drinking that hose water out there, like rolling around, like just doing the most shit, like Bonta, Missouri, not to ship on the not to ship on the hometown. But the small town people of small town America like you fucking you know what I mean, gas station's food.
Speaker 1: You loved it.
Speaker 6: So anyway, since a Cerulians now one, is there a moment that stands out to you from the past year.
Speaker 7: I hate to put you on the spot like that, but is there a moment that stands out? Yeah, over the over the past year.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Man, It's like it's like the whole cliche of like time flies, like it just does bro all the dad Like it's a lot of this stuff like being a dad like I posted yesterday, Like it's just indescribable.
Speaker 1: Like people talk about wanting to have kids and everything else, and every parent tells.
Speaker 2: You, you know, whether you know you're trying to get your boy to go out and they have a kid, like oh you'll know one day, or when you're thinking about having kid, and they're like, oh, the love you have for a kid, like, oh you'll know one day, or it's just it's truly indescribable until you're just in it, Like the amount of joy and loving your heart that gets created when your kid comes. And then as they age, like every month seems to get better and better because they get more personality, they get you know, little mannerisms, and you know it's just the fucking best. And then you want to slow down because you know, at some point in time they're not gonna want you. They're not gonna need you as much anymore, which is gonna hurt us more than it hurts them, because you think of us growing up like you were always ready to be an adult.
Speaker 1: You thought your parents were always just trying to hold you.
Speaker 2: Back from being great, or from hanging at your boy's house, or like just getting in trouble.
Speaker 4: Basically, all you want to do is just go back now and not have to worry about any of that shit.
Speaker 2: I know, yeah, now we want to travel back in time or relive it because you just know how easy it is. But just all of the man like, it's just dude, it's just a fucking blast. I'll tell you this though, Like you know how your boy was pre rue didn't want a boy. When the pink thing came off out of the cake, I was like, yeah, I didn't want a girl.
Speaker 1: My fault. I didn't want a girl. I wanted a boy.
Speaker 2: Wanted that Willie Earl comped in the fourth and then when that pink came out of the cake, I was like, fuck, dude, and I was gonna I was trying to intentionally be that dude, like yeah, I'm not just gonna pivot and act happy. When I knew the whole time, I just wanted a boy. But I'll tell you what, having room, man, it makes me not care if the next one's even a girl. Like having a girl being a girl, Dad's fucking awesome. I know having your little boy would be dope, but Rue has like, uh, it's just cool, man, it's really cool. You're the third, right, William Earl Compton, the third.
Speaker 1: It was your dad Bill growing up, or Poe was Bill.
Speaker 2: My dad was Billy and then my grandparents wanted to call me little Billy and my mom was like, fuck no, like you were not shut up. He's not gonna be little Billy walking around, just a little Bill.
Speaker 4: And so if you have if you end up having a boy, will you go like, will you just go by Willie?
Speaker 1: Or I think I'm gonna do Liam. You're gonna end it with you? No, no, no William.
Speaker 2: Because there's like, you know, the the boys that are named Liam, like some of their full some of their first full name is William, the last four L I A M. Liam might just go by Liam.
Speaker 1: Actually that's pretty cool. Well, we're dabbling with a couple names.
Speaker 2: It's the first time I've actually thought about maybe I get away from the fourth, probably not if my wife's listening to this right now, Like I'm strong on, we're not. I'm not moving. The heels are digging in the ground for William. Earl the fourth, you know what I mean, I just think it's fucking cool, man. I just think, like having the what is this suffix or the Roman numerals, what's it called. I'm trying to think when you click on the when you're filling out for like a flight information or something, you're trying to put the third.
Speaker 1: That little number at the end.
Speaker 2: I thought, I just think it's cool and Earl, Like I used to fucking hate it Earl growing up, and now I think it's sick low key.
Speaker 1: I kind of want to go by Earl the fourth is like, it's not just you have the IVY then.
Speaker 2: The IVY bro. Yeah yeah, but I don't know it'll be it'll be cool. I'm the boy. I'm gonna start dropping the troops off, you know what I mean. We're gonna start the boys are gonna start coming out of the helicopter in hot here pretty soon, and we're gonna see what we can we can make shake for this kid number two.
Speaker 1: It'll be two hundred two.
Speaker 2: It'll be a little chaotic, but that's kind of the you know, that's kind of the route we wanted to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, grow up together.
Speaker 2: That's why I also, I wouldn't care if it's a girl too, you get or one of my boys was telling me the other day he didn't care if it was too Like it was like, hey, what do you want a boy or girl?
Speaker 1: And he was like, I don't care. Uh shout out the boy, coldenwigger.
Speaker 2: But it was two boys or two girls, as long as I get two in the same just so they can grow up really good friends.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying like a boy and girl can.
Speaker 2: It's just like, you know, you got somebody who you're gonna hang out with a whole time, so it doesn't matter to me. It's like, I selfishly want a boy because if I get two girls, like we're thinking about three kids. But if I get two girls and I'm fucking surrounded by females, like, that's when the dads shell up. They get quiet over time, you know what I mean. That's when they start to not speak as much anymore. They're overtaken. I've seen it happen. It's a sad thing, and then one day you basically have to wait and there's a friend or a boyfriend or they're going to marry somebody that like, oh, finally a fucking dude in my life.
Speaker 1: I can open up a little bit more. Maybe my opinion does matter.
Speaker 2: But we're spending a lot of time on talking to kids stuff, love the family vibes, rufs one years old. Ohio State. We went to Ohio State last week. That was a great time. I know the boy Jerry, he was kind of hosting us around. He's a little weary about us at first until we made a lot of common connections. But the Ryan Day interviews out that went really good. He shouted out how Nebraska was the twenty twenty one Huskers were has been the best three win team he has ever seen in college football. You guys can check that interview out. Coach Heartline, Brian Hartline, he was an absolute stud in the league draft in the fourth round, white boy receiver, getting it how he lives, dude, Miami Dolphins. He played for Miami. Had a few I think he had I think he had three. I don't want to put that number out there. Multiple thousand yard seasons never wanted to coach in his life, got conned back into going back to his alma mater, Ohio State to coach. He absolutely loves it. You can tell he's a competitive son of a bitch, dude. You just see when he talks everything else but again, coach Day, Coach Hartline. And then we interviewed Paris Johnson, who's gonna be a top who's gonna be like a top ten, top twenty pick in this upcoming NFL draft. He was really cool to stitd out to sit down with. The dude is an absolute tank. He's twenty one years old, potential as high as he doesn't have a ceiling dude, and he were pulling for him now. He's one of the boys. Went in an awesome time that night at Seesaw. It was Seesaw incredible time at Seesaw. We sold out crowd, We had a lot of fun, We did the little Chuck bit, We did a lot of fun stuff. Also, like I forget his name, but shout out one of the boys who just after the show, he had like tears in his eyes.
Speaker 1: His dad was is about the past.
Speaker 2: Shout out the boy, and the boy just wanted to hug because he was just fired up just to listen.
Speaker 1: It's like stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Reactions like that is like, is a good reminder on doing the podcast and everything else. And the boy, it was a strong hug. You could tell he was in and you could tell he was super happy to be there. But we're going to LSU this week. Shout out the LSU women's basketball team. We're celebrating the natty at Fred's Bar and Grill. We still got tickets. I assume we sell tickets. That's been one of our lowest selling spots. It's all good, Like Jocko willing Good didn't sell a lot of tickets.
Speaker 1: Good, you suck. People don't like you. Good.
Speaker 2: More time to do, more work, put into the crowd. We got to build our base down there. Jack, You got any words of encouragement?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we've heard a word that LSU's a town that's fly by the see of their pants, last minute type cats.
Speaker 1: You gotta appreciate it.
Speaker 3: They say that the line's gonna be crazy buying tickets at the door, and that makes it a little nervous. But if if they do show out, that's gonna feel good.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And it's like at the end of the day, Like it's part of the gig. Sometimes you're gonna hit some adversity, you're gonna hit some bumps the row. Bill Berry talks about doing shows for eight bucks. For a show, eight people would be there.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: His little motivational speech was, everybody start like you get humbled along the way if we if we're fucking performing in in front of seven people, it'll be the best goddamn show with those seven people in our lives. We might just sit in a circle and I'll have to do a podcast ourselves, you know what I mean. We're not gonna shy away, just like, what's the worst that happened? What's the worst thing that would happen if nobody showed up. We have a good time, We have a good time. Maybe our ego gets bruised a little bit. Yeah, but it's like that said, that's you know, hey, that shit happens at times.
Speaker 1: The ego is gonna get bruised every now and then.
Speaker 2: But that's probably the worst thing that can happen, is what I'm thinking, Because what you just stand up there like maybe it's just you guys.
Speaker 4: I mean, we have like thirty people under like thirty tickets sold, there's been Yeah.
Speaker 2: Last night check there were twenty nine tickets sold, which is the lowest, Like we've sold north of one fifty. I feel like at every show but LSU maybe they're a fly by the sea of their pants. Maybe they just needed the LSU women's basketball team and win a Natty to start pubbing it a little bit more.
Speaker 7: But we'll be down there. We'll be hey for everybody who buys the VIPs too.
Speaker 2: Were doing a little crawfish boil before, do a little mean greet, we get a professional photo, we do all that fun stuff. Every stop has been a great time, and I hear nothing but great things about Fretz Bar, Like even if afterwards we're just to hang out and we just want to party with everybody else, not even we'll say we're hosting the party. But at the end of the day, people just want to go to Fred's because I hear it's a good time. But Fred's I think will just be a great time.
Speaker 1: Did we go over?
Speaker 4: Like, where does Ohio State rank compared to the first two stops.
Speaker 2: South Carolina and Texas as far as what you got to give categories? Because when you look at let's just say food right, love the barbecue in South Carolina.
Speaker 1: Texas loved the bar we had barbecue South Carolina. Yeah, oh yeah yeah. The home team, Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Home team. That was a good spot. Texas barbecue Terry Terry Blacks, that was fire. But Warrios man worried that Warrios sandwich again because I'm not a big I'm not a big Ohio chief state guy, and Warrios is fire. I think I would have to give the edge to Ohio State there just based on the experience, Like barbecue, I'm all about, like I'm a little connoisseur in barbecue.
Speaker 1: So just Terry Blacks was awesome.
Speaker 2: I think the overall experience Terry Blacks, I think as far as the Biden kind of being like wow, I would say Warriors.
Speaker 1: And I guess what's the next category hospitality?
Speaker 2: Hospitality, I think you gotta go South Carolina one, Ohio State two, Texas three. And I'm not saying Texas was bad. I just think like we were limited in the things we could do. We ended up getting along very well. Facilities. I think you go Texas one, Ohio State two, South Carolina three. In the stops we've been at.
Speaker 4: Did we get to Did did you guys get like a full tour of High State's facilities.
Speaker 2: No, because we had three interviews, but also like we saw some we saw some familiar faces there, so that kind of took out of the experience. We kind of we kind of lost our time because we wanted to hang out more with the boys than we did want to see the facilities or sell the weight room. We saw long hallway, we saw the trophy stuff, like you can just tell that campus, like their lacrosse field insane. I don't know how lacrosse fields are around the country, but that was like just the whole campus all around on sports, like all of the sports sporting facilities was was top notch. Like getting to see we're vable their indoor is nice dated outdated, but getting to see like you're around the tradition, Like I thought Ohio State was sick. But that's why I play some number two and not like one over Texas. Texas is just insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I guess not as it as Nebraska the final the final one. I guess it is the live show, live shows. I don't know what do you guys think.
Speaker 2: I think you guys are a better judge on the live shows Live show is I give it to you guys because I stay in my head on live shows like it's all like.
Speaker 3: Well, I've always very dependent on location, Like I will put number three at South Carolina just because we were a tin roof and it was like very like open space, not that intimate. Yeah, and it was the first one, but I'd probably put the Texas Live Show at number one only because the Vulcan was like a very intimate place.
Speaker 5: It was like where you would go to watch a comedy show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and apparently it's a spot you go to like it's on Sixth Street.
Speaker 3: A couple he saw the way we were treated there and like the accommodations, the staff due they were fucking awesome. Like every time I'd turn around, someone be like, hey, do y'all like need some here, like need more food or like what can we do to make your lives easier? Even y'all's walk up song, they didn't have it, and they like were like freaking out and they went like crazy, got on the computer.
Speaker 5: We're like downloading, like I llegal file of it, just.
Speaker 7: To the download WI and wire to get that song going.
Speaker 5: So I don't know I really enjoyed the Ohio State one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and East Saw was nice. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think you got to go Texas one, Ohio State two, South Carolina three.
Speaker 4: I think it's like Texas is one because it's a comedy club.
Speaker 1: Correct, So it.
Speaker 2: Had a real green like not like it had a green room where you're seeing photos of comics who have been there. You got the stage, you got the two floors where people are even over top of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The other two it was awesome. The other two were just bars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like ten rough five is is like a chain but like the Sea Song, it was like obviously it was another bar, but they don't really have like a stage. Yeah, but I love Seesaw. I was definitely a really cool bar. And like we had the most amount of people there which were sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, I'm with that, dude. We need to hit an av Rey Blossy. Let's throw up an Avery. Get it in here, guys. We got about five oh before we get in the Avery. We do gotta let you guys know, we're going back to one episode a week for the rest of April.
Speaker 1: When we get in May, we will be getting back.
Speaker 2: To twice a week for those four weeks in May, we're gonna be off Memorial Week. I don't know if that's news to you guys or not for the boys in the back, but we are gonna be off Memorial Week news. That's big news, right, That's big news for the boys because you guys work your fucking ass off.
Speaker 1: You guys really do.
Speaker 2: We gotta and we're reeling in from two to one because we've been going to since Super Bowl Week. The boys in the back absolutely fucking grind. They don't bitch about it a whole. They don't bitch about it much. You know, every now and then Jack gets in a mood. You never know it can come out. He doesn't get into mooting complaints. But you just know the boys are in it every day all day long. We get to fly back Thursday mornings, Taylor and I get to go get in a nap or whatever it is. The boys got to usually come back and work because we're dropping. When we drop on Tuesdays, we're shooting the episode or intro on Monday. When we drop on Thursdays, we're shooting the intro or episode on Tuesday. Because we leave at the ass crack of dawn on Wednesday, do all the Spring store stuff on Wednesday. Go hard after the live show because the vibes are high, we're a little nervous. You take the edge off of some tequila, and so we have a good night. We have a good time on Wednesday night. Then we get back Thursday. We fly back Thursday morning and the boys come back and work and then hopefully we try and figure out an episode like Riley Green for the next week to where you're not grinding on Monday and Tuesday. But all to days the boys have been absolutely fucking grinding, and we were trying to figure out a way. And the simple solution is get back to one a week. They'll be releasing on Tuesdays per usual. The month of May. We will do two a week just for those four weeks in May, and then we'll probably get back to a regular program in the one week. So that way we can pour more into vlogs, more into different content. Tight End used coming to town doing more fun things out there. But that's an update for you guys. Now for the real update, everybody needs to go out there and get a haircut.
Speaker 7: Sport Clip shout out the boys of sport Clips. No free shoutouts.
Speaker 2: It can be stressful to describe the kind of haircuts you want, and even if you look like you got it across, it's hard to know if your stylist can really understand you. Too often hair care results in a hair scare. Love that little play right there. Fortunately, stylists, as sport clips haircuts speak the language of hair specifically even men. You could say that they are fluent in fades, littered in long locks, and just all around clippers confident.
Speaker 1: Hey, these boys are fucking in their bag writing this ad. Read.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter if your hair is balding, okay or billowing? What is billowing? Look that up?
Speaker 1: Jack? You can throw in a little corners, I don't know, look that up.
Speaker 2: You'll drop in a little educational piece when we do the call action at the end. It doesn't matter if your hair is balding or billowing. Sport clips stylists or black belts and cutting men's hair they're specifically trained to do so. These pros are artists. You are the canvas, and each of your hair follicles is the happiest of trees. So sit back, relax. It's MVP haircut experience time. Boys that means a seven pressure point massaging shampoo, a perfectly steamed hotel, and the freedom to not have to stress about a bad cut. Next time you need to cut, come the sport clips and get a head turning haircut from the pros in men's hair. Go find one near you. That is an incredible adage. Shout out to whoever wrote that thing. You guys are in your bag doing so jack. What does billowing mean? Let's sol there's an educational piece for everybody. It doesn't know like billowing.
Speaker 3: Imagine like a like a smoke stack, like a plant, like when the smoke is billowing out, it's going everywhere and it's going out. So I think it's when your hair like Look if I take my hat off, that's billowing.
Speaker 5: That's as billowing.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh it's just crazy looking hair like this. So I need to go to the I gotta go to the shop a little cut the pros from the pros and men's are and we'll be back.
Speaker 2: And that right there. You guys know, like we throw in little wrinkles here and there. That's how you get educated. This is also an educational podcast. I'm glad we all learned what billowing was together. Let's move on to look right, it's Tuesday. That means the March Madness Men's Final is tonight, right on Monday. Look, thank god, March Madness is over. Am all right, it's probably some people love March Madness. I know I'm hitting a touching a little spot there. Here's my thought about March Madness. I think March Madness, the March Madness tournament. Your boy loves brackets, loves brackets, a sixty four man bracket. I think March Madness is the best fandom kind of tournament in the game. You've got sixty four teams. We're all making our brackets, We're putting ourselves. I even love the thought of making a bracket and then you kind of see how it goes.
Speaker 1: No one usually gets it right.
Speaker 2: But as far as men's college basketball, I think it is the most overrated sport out there. I think it's the most overrated. That doesn't mean it's more overrated than you'll say, like wrestling or some of these track sports out there. I'm just saying it's overhyped because at the end of the day, basically everyone gets in this tournament. Fau was in the final four we're talking about a nine seed. Anybody from one to sixty four. You're in the tournament, and now we got playing games. You're allowing everybody, anybody can win this fucking tournament too. Like we're not watching the best of the best compete in the finals. We're watching a four versus five, I believe, And in the final four was a nine to five to five and a four or nine four to four five.
Speaker 1: Like it's like it's it's like if fau Fau had a shot.
Speaker 2: It's like somebody who fails all year long and just because they passed their finals tests at the end of the year means they're in the running for valedictorian.
Speaker 1: I think it's a sham.
Speaker 3: Fau is not failing all year You are going to strike a nerve with people out there.
Speaker 2: Good, good, good, that's what that's what. Yeah, that's what we got it. That's what we got it. But all I'm saying is everyone has an opportunity to win. Like there's a lot of parody in collegemen's basketball, But again, I think it's me personally, your boy. I think it's the most overrated sport of the Big I mean, of the Big Three, the Big Four, who fucking knows. I think March Madness. I think March Madness is great for fans. It's the best tournament for fans, But I think it's the most overrated sport.
Speaker 1: There's your fucking clip men's basketball or just college basketball, We'll say men's. They look like, like I'm I'm talking like NBA as well.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, I think I like when it's playoff time in NBA, I think people are actually locked in, Like, uh, I guess I'm just speaking for myself.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying like NBA.
Speaker 2: I just think like everyone gets so fucking hype for March Madness, but truly, like the finals isn't a very hyped event.
Speaker 1: Like it's like I think basketball is overrated in general.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you, but I'm just saying like, just because I'm talking about basketball, like I love watching, you know, playoff basketball, just like any playoffs.
Speaker 1: But March Madness.
Speaker 2: You love day one, you love like Day one through five, like the first couple of rounds because it's all sorting itself out. But once you get into the final four, unless there's some like rivalries happening or some some dogs in there that are actually going for and they got some some like number one overall pick or some top five pick, and they're all duke in it out Like unless they got that, there's not a lot of flair too, Like who's in the final?
Speaker 7: San Diego State and Yukon. I'm sure people are people are gonna watch it. Like Jack, you can tell he's about it. I know you've rooted for Tennessee hard, like when you got your school in there, you're fucking pulling hard. Nebraska's in there, your boy, all of a sudden. I'm a basketball fan, right.
Speaker 2: But all I am saying is I think when the National Championship Game is being played, I don't think it lives up to the hype at all whatsoever compared to the magnitude of the start of March madness. Like when you get the Super Bowl playoffs, NBA playoffs, Hockey playoffs, all these other playoffs, right, all these other tournaments, people get hype for that National Championship game. I don't think overall you see that same amount of hypeness for when you get the finals because everyone everyone loves making the brackets, everyone will making And.
Speaker 1: That's kind of my take on it.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about I know you, like you're somebody who likes college basketball. If JP or Garrett loves college basketball, I love for tier their opinion as well. But I'm just saying I think overall.
Speaker 3: The fan, I like the Grizzlies like Tennessee, but like I'm nowhere gonna just like be standing basketball.
Speaker 5: But I definitely am not on.
Speaker 1: The boat that is overrated.
Speaker 3: The first few days of March Madness are some of the best days in sports, like undeniably, especially when you're in high school and you have cool teachers that will let you throw the games on like maybe during lunch or like a study hall and you've got like an hour two with them.
Speaker 5: That's a great one. But yeah, you got like an hour two with.
Speaker 3: The boys when you're like sixteen at school and you're like, dude, fuck English class, like we're rooting for FAU, like they're gonna make a run in this. And that's the beauty of it because at the beginning of the bracket there's nothing but hope. It's like my bracket may go the whole distance, it be one hundred percent perfect, and within three hours your bracket is shattered. But it's fun every year because you don't have to know basketball to make a bracket.
Speaker 5: You just fucking pick whatever.
Speaker 3: And a lot of the times, like whether it's like one of your like girlfriends or a guy who like doesn't ever watch it, they are throwing in crazy upsets and you're like, that is so fucking stupid, and then next thing you know, their bracket is on the way to winning it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's the beauty of it. It's like there's anyone can join in on the fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ay, And look, I agree with you. I think that speaks to the point of like it's the best tournament for fans because you're right, those first few days teachers this and that, but when it's when it gets to the finals, the flame, the flames kind of died.
Speaker 1: I agree, know what I mean, Like it's like all the way up here, and then it's.
Speaker 2: Like and when you say all the way up here, I agree with Jack, those are some of the best days of the year when it comes to sports again for fans. I think it's fucking awesome. But you know, I you know, I love thinking that this can cause a little bit of chaos. But if you're listening to this episode, I think I think people can sit there and kind of like nod, and then maybe there's some diary college basketball fans out there.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying there's not.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying overall, I think as the tournament goes, the flame kind of dies.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: That's just my and you know that's I don't fucking watch college basketball.
Speaker 2: It's like I can stick the football play hey podcast, we are rolling and all to say too, I think women's college basketble is more entertaining than the men's this year.
Speaker 1: I'm proud.
Speaker 7: I agree. I didn't watch a lick of March madness this year.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, fucking Twitter was going off about this Caitlyn Clark chick. I didn't even know what she looked like, none of this. I just see everybody's like, you know, some chick must be going off in women's college basketball. I would dethrones basically South Carolina. Well, South Carolina one seed, yeah, forty two game wins, streak, never supposed to be them. I know JP he was sulking about South Carolina losing. But I see, all of a sudden, this Caitlyn Clark is balling out there, and you kind of look at some highlights and you're kind of like, you're kind of you're kind of fired up to see what the women's final looks like, the women's Steph Curry, That's yeah, that's like what I'm seeing again, your boy. I'm not watching a lick at basketball, but I'm seeing all of a sudden, like, oh, there's some there's some energy surrounding this game because it's Kaitlyn Clark. Chick apparently is like this unanimous MVP in women's college basketball. And you see these highlights She's throwing up shots midway between half court and the three point line. So I start to get in the women's college basketball drama. You know, I've thrown a couple of jokes about women's basketball over time on my Twitter career, But all of a sudden, I'm bought in. I got a group chat. I got a group chat going off. I'm talking about Huskers group chat. There's about, you know, seven black dudes and two of us white boys in there. And I see a couple of my boys, one of them Nigerian. He's like he's pro culture all the time. He's pulling for this white chick. I'm like, okay, if my boy's pulling for this white hit. She must be nice. They're pulling for Iowa for the game. Like, okay, we got people pulling for iowin this game.
Speaker 1: So I go in.
Speaker 2: I want to watch this game LSU versus Iowa, Like, hey, let's get the national title to the Big Ten again, right, So I get in and right out the gate, you know, Twitter is going to be on fire because people are not watching this women's basketball game.
Speaker 1: Like women's basketball.
Speaker 2: Women's basketball took a fat dub coming out of coming out of their final. Now I know that's like a little take me saying women's basketball is more entertaining than the men's I'm saying that the ruffles and feathers and everything else, but all in all, the most Improved Award goes to women's college basketball. They got everybody talking about it, you know what I mean. Especially, you got everyone just losing their mind over this. You can't see me sports spectacle where people are just pure competitors competing and shit talking each other. Everybody's getting involved, you strow racing anything. It's gonna bring millions of views to all of it because everybody's losing their fucking mind. So right out of the gate, you see LSU versus Iowa. I mean, everybody knows. When these introductions happen, everybody's thinking the same thing. We got five white girls versus five black girls. Like, everyone's already thinking it. We're in their group.
Speaker 8: Cha.
Speaker 2: Everybody's having a good time with it. All of a sudden, Fox News that's now have something to root for. They're all of a sudden watching women's college basketball. Fucking all of a sudden, just fist pumping. You're like, hey, dad, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Is he Iowa?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's let's take it easy. And then you get into this game LSU. Hell of a game by LSU. Again, I don't watch, I haven't. The best part is everybody's losing their mind over this all of a sudden. Everybody loves women's college basketball for a day, right because nothing else is really on at the moment thatne's going on besides women's college are March Madness in WrestleMania, but football's out of the question. So everybody's putting all their eggs in this women's called. Everybody's got an opinion on this shit. Everybody's arms share quarterback in it. We watch this game, I will get some foul trouble. Did you guys watch the game?
Speaker 1: Jack? Did you watch it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: So I'm briefing you guys. Yeah, maybe I'm fucking.
Speaker 5: I saw like the highlights and stuff, but I just you just.
Speaker 2: Saw a fourth quarter? Yeah, okay, so maybe maybe who knows. I would love to see the viewership. I think they fucking crushed it, but.
Speaker 1: I'm about it. In this game.
Speaker 2: I will get to the foul trouble early. Kayln Clark one of the big girls. I don't know, they get in foul trouble early. The LSU's bench is coming off the benches, dropping bombs and dimes outside beyond the arc. You got this gal going like six for six hits a little buzzer beater. At a halftime, LSU's putting on a fucking clinic like there's no chance that I was got a shot. I always starts to chip away and come back at the end. I know everybody's tuned in to watch and see what Kaylyn Clark does. The gals dropped over forty plus apparently in like, oh, what was it like the last six games or some shit. I don't I don't again, I don't fucking know. I'm just watching it. For just the love of the game. I'm like, hey, these girls got some got some shake to them. This is going way different than I thought it might go. You get to the end of the game. What's her name, Angel Reese, Angel Ree She apparently she or not apparently she does this.
Speaker 1: You can't see me. She's chasing.
Speaker 2: She's chasing Kaitlin Clark around like my one year old with separation anxiety to try to get her attention to taunting her face. I get it, but everybody losing their fucking mind, especially like the whole race car comes in like that's just sports.
Speaker 1: That's just hard to hit it.
Speaker 5: First though, first, hang.
Speaker 1: On, hang on, hang on, hang on.
Speaker 2: We'll get into that because I love that conversation too, because I think ultimately you have to you have to compartmentalize these things.
Speaker 1: You have to put them into their own separate boxes.
Speaker 2: Because me, I'm thinking, like I love that for the game, like you need villains, and I'm not saying villain like Angel Reese is some villain. I just love that she was about her taunting because even Kaitlin Clark waved her off at the three point line, like nobody go check her.
Speaker 1: She and got it. And she hits a three like she takes it. You're fucking competing.
Speaker 7: You are in the arena, we got the chief seats, we're on Twitter, everyone's got everyone's throwing their opinion out.
Speaker 1: We're they're the fucking ones battling.
Speaker 2: So she takes it as like a slight disrespect and she knows her story. I don't, she says, after the game. I'm hood, I'm this. I'm that everyone's kind of wrote these stories about us all year or about me, like I'm unapologetically myself. I don't know her story, but I'm thinking, fuck yeah, go off, queen, Like, do your thing. If you got this built up in your head, I get that you won the national title. When you win the national title, you have the right to celebrate however you want. Whether or not it's my style or my flavorite doesn't fucking matter.
Speaker 1: You win. You do your thing, now, Jack.
Speaker 2: If that is a here's what we can get into and just talking about, like just let's just say sportsmanship.
Speaker 1: And I hate fucking saying it because everyone talks.
Speaker 2: About oh classlessness that Like, guys, look you all falling into the traps that is Twitter. Your usual suspects are out there, talking about Dave portinoy acho fucking RG three. People are gonna do their thing to start building this car, like Dave says, classless piece of shit, like all the shit they like, you're your falling for the trap, Like that's like the monster that is Twitter. Right, But let's get this thing dialed in and talk about Jack. Let's say you do that in a regular season game. Because again here's my opinion, Angel Reese, do you won the national title? You beat Iowa, like your story, you grind it all fucking year to have that moment. Do whatever you want. Everyone's gonna comment about it, but who gives a fuck. That's why I love that. She's like, I don't give a shit that I'm being me. So let's say a regular season game. Because everyone's saying, like Caitlin Clark did the same thing.
Speaker 1: Xyz.
Speaker 2: So you do that in a regular season game. Jack, you're on LSU, You're Angel Reese. You did that in a regular season game. If We're sitting there the next day in the film room and I'm pulling this because you know, I've had coaches like Paulini Vrabel, I've had these people that I've gotten to learn from. If we're sitting in a team meeting. It's like, hey, I get you want to celebrate, maybe celebrate with your teammates when we win the national title. You can do some shit like this, But in this moment, you know, like, let's let's not make it too much about that.
Speaker 1: We'll have our time to do that.
Speaker 2: That said, they won the national title, there's not a whole lot like, do your fucking if that's how you want to handle it, do it right, be yourself. Yes, And as far as the Kaitlin Clark comparison, that's what I would say, like when Kaitlyn. When Kaitlyn did that, she looks to the sideline, she looks to the bench and does it with her team for a split moment. She's not hawking somebody around to Tom and throw it in their face whole time. And again, this is your boy zooming out and trying to explain why there's some differences there because I get it's so easy. It's a low hanging fruit to do on social media and everything else. So and so dude it Hey, keep the same energy here. We all know why they're this color or that color. We wouldn't be saying to X Y and z. I think ultimately everyone buys the cheap tickets and say what everyone says whatever they want, But it's not that fucking deep. Like everyone's got their own story about it. You were at angel Rees's postgame talking about it. She took some things this disrespect. They won the national title. You were in the right to celebrate however you want to, and that's how she wanted to do it.
Speaker 1: Whether or not it's your cup of tea. It doesn't fucking matter that you won.
Speaker 2: You want it. Oh, you won the big dancer cutting the net. You're wearing the championship hat. You don't give a shit, dude. You're like, yo, I'm being me.
Speaker 1: That's me.
Speaker 2: I love that. We love to celebrate the Conor McGregor's of the world, you know what I mean. There's a big fan base, like you got the shit talking best shit talkers of the game, Floyd Mayweather's Muhammad Ali, Conor McGregor is all these people who do the shit talking when they're successful and everything else. It ends up coming back around like they all have their moments, right, even fucking like the Jake Paul shit, Like everyone blows up when there's some Oh I don't fuck with this, or I don't mess with this.
Speaker 1: Look at this class of shit. I wouldn't go about it that way.
Speaker 2: Yo, When you deserve, when you earn the right to win and stand on the podium and everything else, you can do that.
Speaker 1: But Jack, that's what I would say.
Speaker 2: The discrepancy is with all the whole sportsmanship talk and the difference. Again, I didn't watch that game that Kaylen Clark was going off and then she did it. But everyone's saying and when you look at it, she's looking to the sideline and doing it with the team. The other one she's chasing her around and taunting. I think that's where in Liza's subtle difference, I get that it's the same gesture your boy's trying to stay zoomed out of Heisey, Cam'm trying to stay a thousand feet tall in this thing and put you in the room like if that's a regular season game.
Speaker 1: I think that's what gets said.
Speaker 2: I know when a football in a football team meeting, when you're going over celebrating at the end of the game like that, I know Vrabel or somebody be Hey, teammates, like celebrate with your teammates, like, let's not get too out of character, and it would literally say, we win the super Bowl, do whatever the fuck you want to do. But until then, like pick your moment that said they won the Natty, fucking go off and do whatever you want to do, and you know everybody does the whole the race baiting and everything else. Then it's just absolute chaos. At the end of the day, women's college basketball won. You don't want to know who lost to which they always fucking do the referees because they always want to show their ass to make it about them. But ls you put on a hell of a performance. The head coach with their little fit and get up and fucking shining over there. I thought that was hilarious. But hats off to LSU. Do you gotta give them their flowers and they can again they won. You're in the right to win. You're in the right to celebrate how you want to celebrate. People are like, oh, what would you want? How would you want to teach your daughter. It's like, listen, if my daughter wins a third grade soccer game, ye, she's not winning a fucking national title. She's a third grader. You're gonna win with grace. You're gonna lose with grace, You're gonna teach foundational things. That's like, hey, we don't do that. But if one day you were in a scholarship and you become her, or you become this and that, and you earn the right to do that, and you're no longer in my house and operating under under my philosophies, do what you want to fucking do. And again, she earned the right to do that, not in a way of like showing your ass and being being some arrogant like, yo, I'm trying to be some asshole about it. Like you're in the highest You're in the highest level of competition. The finals go off, and again you feel disrespected type of way you have your storyline throughout the year, journalists writing shit about you. You're like, I don't fit your box. I on't fit your narrative. Talk your shit. You deserve it, you want it. But that's kind of like my piece on the whole do matter And for everybody who didn't watch the women's college basketball finals, you I should have watched it. That's a good I feel like that's a that's a decent little breakdown of it all. But that's kind of my uh, I don't know. That's kind of my opinion on the matter. What else, Jack, do you have anything to add or to talk about.
Speaker 3: No, I just feel like if you're on that stage and clearly Angel Reese is a competitor to record that competition when it's in inside of you, and like how much it means. If you're able to like take yourself back and be removed from the situation and handle it with like poison grace, then you're like a superhero in my opinion, because I too love competition, And if I'm in that moment in the heat of it and some other person has been giving me that shit or like she's known to have done that, I'm gonna give it right back at them, because like in that moment, you're so fired up, you're like, yeah, motherfucker, we just won like give me that ring, get the fuck off the court, and then yeah, Twitter is gonna go ham and then but all it's doing is making people want to watch college And.
Speaker 2: The best part about all this, like everyone gets caught up. It's like this is what I fucking love about sport. I want to kind of hate people, and I'm not saying I hate Angel Reice at all, but you kind of want those like that Bill's rivals to Bill.
Speaker 1: It's just like you're in You're right, Bro, It's like Aaron Rodgers say.
Speaker 2: Let's just say Aaron Rodgers doing discount, double take discount, and all of a sudden you beat him in the Super Bowl. I might just sprint out of nowhere over to the sideland and just go bam right in his fucking face.
Speaker 1: That might be a classless piece of shit move, But hey, we won the Super Bowl, bitch.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying Like this, in the moment, bro went on the biggest stage in your sport. You're entitled to do some extra shit. Yeah, there's obviously a line that you can go over. And I do not think that Andrew Reese went over that line by any means. No, if anything, she could have been walking off the court still doing it. She did it for five seconds and then it was over, and then they started celebrating with their team. Yeah, Broby's gonna take that five second clip and fucking cry about it for a week and then we'll forget about it and it'll be another villain.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, hopefully it sounds bro But I'm with you, man. It's like, yeah, you're doing your thing like this shit is That's what I love about sports. And all of a sudden that day yesterday, everyone's becoming a women's college basketball fan.
Speaker 4: It started a rivalry not only between like let's do in Iowa, but like now when Angel Rees and Caitland Clark go to like the league, They're gonna have a rivalry there, yeah, bro, which I love. Yeah, Like it's it's definitely good for like women's sports for.
Speaker 2: Absolutely man, and and and shout out to the women's sports bro, because that's that was a big win, I feel like for them.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: So you get everyone fucking fuming and talking about it like, oh this is my opinion, that's your listen. We're all in the cheapest HEAs available a fucking the Twitter app. But that's just competition at its highest level.
Speaker 1: And I love that.
Speaker 2: It was burning like that, and she felt like, yo, yeah, throw it right back, chasing them out and again being herself. Uh, before we get into an ad read, we would like to do our our our weekly like, uh, let's on some ship, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yo? What has anybody got anything? Yo?
Speaker 2: Theo vaughon this motherfucker looks like somebody who owns a vaping business and gets the itch to buy a booth at a health fare and think he's making a difference. Pussy, not to get all, not to get all fucking you know, not to be lecturing you guys. But it's time we start to have the talk. And you guys know the talk that I'm talking about. It's that three letter word that ends an X and you'll probably experience it a few times in your.
Speaker 1: Life if you're lucky.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about Tucks Tux and when you need a Tucks, the best place to get one is that Black TuS is the Black Tucks. The Black Tucks makes it super easy to get an on trend, top quality, guaranteed to fit Tucks without ever leaving your house. Here's how it works. Take the Black TuS Fit quiz, where you pick a style, you on a rock and booming by to boom. Your Tucks is delivered to your door ten days before the day you need it. There's plenty of time to try it on and make sure it wears well. And hey, if it's not the fit that you're looking for, say hello to the Black Tucks Fit guarantee. Yes, boys, the Black Tucks fit guarantee order a better size within a day or two of receiving the less than great fitting one that you had and didn't like, and those and another one right away at no extra costs. And if you prefer an instore experience, the Black Tucks has showrooms across the country. They're expert fit specialists will help you find the perfect style tucks or suit and make sure it fits just right. And listen, I know we're listening to this Adreen. It's kind of like, okay, here we go plug and play. But when your boys getting married and you go through that tuck situation, guys are in the group chat X, Y and Z, you need to put them on the Black Tucks. That is that is as easy as it gets to. You can do it from your phone. You can go into any other stores around the country. You don't have to go in and get fit into all that stuff. You can plug it in on the app rent or brought rent or buy. The Black Tucks is the best place to go when you need a tuxedo for a wedding or a special night. And right now, when you go to the Black Tucks dot Com, slash bussing and use code busting.
Speaker 1: You'll save thirty dollars off your order. That's th B l A c K t u X.
Speaker 2: Dot com slash busting code busting to say thirty dollars, that's black Tucks. That's the black tucks dot com slash busting use code busting.
Speaker 1: Anything else?
Speaker 2: Or should we get to this interview with Riley Green? I know we got shot out, no free shot out, We're gonna hit that. I would I would love your guys opinion. I think if you do the uh you like hitting kind of the headlines at the beginning, or would you rather go like a shout out, no free shout out at the beginning.
Speaker 1: I was kind of thinking about that when I was naking the shower earlier.
Speaker 3: I like, I like we headlines and then save shout out every shout out for the end of it.
Speaker 5: Okay, I like we've always done that.
Speaker 1: I just want to throw that question out here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think prefer me that's the best way to do it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, because I feel like I've just we've never asked or kind of talked about the flow. You kind of just do it and then you're like, oh, it's it's time for our favorite segment type of deal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's like a little fun thing to wait.
Speaker 2: For it to And if you're watching right now and you're in the YouTube comments with a live chat making friends, like leave a comment, let the boys know how you like the flow of the show, and shout out everybody who's out there, ride and dine on the hill for us to keep long intros and everything else.
Speaker 1: Like that's that's what you need.
Speaker 4: Have you ever thought about doing like the all right, like it like the things that bother you type of shadowt you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Pet peeves, pet Peeve of the Week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it'd be fun. Dude, there's a lot of pet peeves out there. Yeah, you know what I mean, figure out a name for that segment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that could be good.
Speaker 2: I think that could be good, especially when you're trying to uniform the show a little bit, just having another segment to talk.
Speaker 3: About and just kind of like work shopping an idea. Maybe it could we tied into shadow for shadow, but like you can address if it's going to be a positive or a negative one, so like depending on the day, Like you know, if you're in a bad mood, Like now, fuck this, I'm about to I'm about to start.
Speaker 5: Complaining a little bit. Yeah you're having a good day. It's like, no, I'm gonna I'm gonna glorify a.
Speaker 7: Little Yeah, well you could have You could have both in there, right, you could have both.
Speaker 5: Like I'm just spitballing here.
Speaker 7: Like you're saying, shoutout no for shadow. You can kind of go about it however you want to.
Speaker 5: Want it to be positive or negative? Yeah, but again, drop.
Speaker 1: A comment, Yeah, drop a comment.
Speaker 4: I feel the shot out, know I for your shadow kind of sounds more positive. Yeah, just like like we need to come up with like a thing for like a like not negative, but I guess it is negative like pep peeve.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, but it's like again, you you come correct with a positive and negative one every time?
Speaker 1: Or can you kind of open it up?
Speaker 7: Because I do like the thought of yeah, like, let's take off the positive hat here for a sec, Like let me bitch for a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, let me get something off my chest four times than not. We have more shit that we fucking we get pissed off about all throughout the day.
Speaker 1: But I do I like that idea again.
Speaker 2: Boys, girls out there listening watching right now, leave comments, Let the boys know what you think. Uh, we're gonna do shut out O for shout out. Then we're gonna get in this Riley Green episode.
Speaker 1: Listen. Riley Green is fucking exploding. You go. I did.
Speaker 2: I love following him on Instagram. The dude is a smoke show of a human being. And I'm not scared to say that. But he's a stud avid hunter. We get in everything. He's one of the boys. He's been on. He was on in season.
Speaker 9: Two, year two when we were in that little shit yeah, a little cheap ass garage where the homeless broke in and slept here and stole a couple of things.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he was one of the he was he's in the earlier days. But the boy is just that, he is a boy, and he was a great hangar. I think everybody's gonna enjoy it.
Speaker 7: Uh Yeah, there you go, Gee ge G from the Raptors. Dude, shout out jelly Row, Jelly Roll. I'm like jelly Row.
Speaker 2: Jelly Roll won three CMT awards, was the Best Male Video, Best uh uh break Best Breakout Male Video, and then Digital Yeah fan.
Speaker 3: Voted Male video, Digital first Performance and breakthrough mail video. Man.
Speaker 7: Dude, what a stud, bro, and he speaks his stuff into existence.
Speaker 2: I love he's like a loser. You guys picked the loser, you know. I know that's his stitching, his vibe. But the boy is a fucking winner right now in Nashville. Everybody's at his back, and I absolutely love that he brings the city along. He brings along his original bas people which he sticks to, and he's he is a I cannot say enough things about Jelly I'm so happy to see his success and watch him from afar. And this dude is on national television hoisting three different awards. Man, and it's just shout out the boy, Jelly Roll. Let's give me a fucking round of applause, dude, but an absolute stud, a Nashville stud at that. Shall we get into the shout out? No free shout out, Blossie, what do you got, big dog?
Speaker 6: Since we covered our god tear of shoutouts with Jelly Roll, I'll go to uh my shout out. This this week is a good April Fool's joke. And I say that not because I saw many good April Fools jokes this week, but you reposted your April Fool's joke from last year, which I thought was hilarious and got people riled up so so so much. But yeah, shout out, no free shout out to a good April Fool's joke. I say that because I had a bad April Fool's joke. I posted a photo of myself in a hospital bed that I found on.
Speaker 7: Uh you on Google last year.
Speaker 6: Come to find out, a week later, I ended up actually breaking that exact same leg that I found the photo. But it's been exactly a year and uh uh I just got cleared to uh to return to work, so a full year later. But yeah, my shoutout no for your shoutout, go say aprilfols jo.
Speaker 1: That April Fool's joke was. I loved it, bro.
Speaker 2: When we were laying in bed, Charles just forty something like however thirty something, we however love far along. She was dude, just in pain. She was already like a week or so late, and I'm like, hey, I got something. It just drop a black baby will Willa Arlene, and people were falling for it, like friends.
Speaker 1: Taylor called.
Speaker 2: Taylor called me that morning thinking that I posted that and didn't say it to him.
Speaker 1: I'm like, brother, like, take a look at the photo. Man.
Speaker 2: He's like, well, you know, you kind of get worried when something like that goes out, like does he not see it?
Speaker 1: But I'm with you, dude, A good April Fools joke goes a long way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love one of our boys in a group chat this weekend hit another one of our friends. He goes, dude, he goes, did you mean to post that to your story? And that was it and he was like, what are you? And then I was like, dude, fuck, just like something gets you for like ten seconds.
Speaker 5: You're like, maybe my career is over.
Speaker 3: Uh my shout out was going to be a Jelly Roll and I'm I can't pivot off that right now, so I'm double down shout out, no free shout out to Jelly Roll. Obviously it was all hit on, but there's one thing I do want to say. Jelly is like the most intimidating looking man but also probably the nicest human on the face of the earth. And he's always treated like all the boys in the back of the bus with respect and like always wants to hang out and like kicking stuff like that.
Speaker 5: So shout out to him.
Speaker 3: Everything is like what is coming his way is so deserving, and he's doing such a good thing for the city of Nashville, and especially just like growing up here, and like he grew up in like the hood and I grew up in like white suburban burn but for two people on like opposite sides of like the railroad. Essentially, do him just still be like the nicest human being ever is? I like love that. And he's done such a good thing for the city in Nashville, and hope he just keeps fucking hitting that trajectory of nothing but the stars.
Speaker 5: So shout out to the.
Speaker 1: Boy, well said, brother, it's a good shout out, Jack. I'm supposed to follow that one up. Always gonna shut out Philly Cheese steaks.
Speaker 4: My shout out this week goes to that fan that you put on when you go to sleep. It's that constant white noise in the background that it for me. I cannot sleep without a fan or some sort of constant white noise because it's just too silent. And the jet like kind of like just not freaks me out. It's not scared of the dark, but it's just kind of like way too quiet. But that put that fan on every single night you get it gets that little cool breeze going cools you down. Yeah, that little white noise. I mean, your electricity bill is a little bit higher. But every time that I have the opportunity to sleep with a fan on, I do. And it's I've been doing it ever since I was like ten years old, even in the winter. Yeah, on everything. That's a good shout out the fan. That's a good shout out, know fore shoutout.
Speaker 2: That's it. It's like the it's simple pleasures in level. I'm surprised if it's went this long without something like that.
Speaker 5: That's one people who don't sleep with a fan.
Speaker 1: I go, it's well, I don't know if we do.
Speaker 2: I think we're we're we we we bring the uh VAC down a lots to where it's nice and cool. We have we have like a we have like a white noise, like we play stuff every night.
Speaker 5: If it's cold like that, then I feel like you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I agree with that though I agree on just a fan or some noise being on, like up until maybe me admitting that I'm sitting here thinking like I've always rocked with the fan, a ceiling fan, or when you're in college, you got that little a little side piece next to you. When you were young in high school, traveling in the camps that didn't have the a c every all the boys would have like fans just set up all around. Do fans are fans?
Speaker 1: Are got to? That's a nice shout out, Mitch. I had one in college.
Speaker 4: It was like I had the two had two like the side by side ones, and you could flip one to be like blowing out, blowing air in and blowing air out, so like it'll get the hot air out and the cool air in. The good one also helped if you were smoking in.
Speaker 2: My shout out, no free shout out goes to the tide stick. No free shout outs to the tide stick today, your boy. I'm sure you can see it a little bit. But I had a cup of coffee and was ready to go, like I had. I was messing with my backpack, sitting right next to a couple of coffee, and it hits a couple coffee it's about to fall off, and I grab it.
Speaker 7: It just goes all over. My arm gets all over, like I was like, oh this fit.
Speaker 2: I'm about to crush it with this fit. Dude, just back one of the rocks and boots with it. Forgot to rock the boots with it, but coffee got all over me, obviously, coffee stains. You can see a little bit of a stay in here, but the tide stick was working his ass off. So I just want to give a little oh shout out, no free shout out to them staying removers out there, specifically the one I was using the tide stick. No free shot out to tide But if you want to sponsor the boys, ready to go. But that's mine, dude, appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 2: We're going on an hour, solid little intro, fun little intro. We're gonna get into this Riley Green. The boy has been crushing it his latest single that dropped this past Friday. Everybody get along. He's also got to This is some insider information. Boys is a new single coming out May eleventh with Luke Combs called Different around Here. And right now he is actually on tour with Luke Combs and Laney Wilson. I'm sure that's an electric tour going on. He's just performed at Lucas Old Stadium, Dallas at and T Stadium. They're selling shit out dude wherever, whatever city you're in and you look it up, he will be in Nissan. He'll be at Nissan Stadium on April fifteenth.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 2: On April fifteenth? If you're in Nashville, he'll be here at Nissan Stadium. But check the Game Time app to get any tickets whatever city you.
Speaker 1: Might be in.
Speaker 2: But hey, this this episode of this interview is a fun one. He chirps a little bit. I think he rattles the boy Taylor a little bit. You guys are gonna like it. Subscribe, do all this stuff, leave comments on YouTube. We love when you guys are fucking either correcting us, telling us what we should do better, or double down hitting a little double down on what we are doing. But big hugs, tiny kisses, shout out the boys. We will be at LSU tomorrow at Fred's Bar. Next week we will be in Denver, Colorado. So though you can get those tickets. We'll be posting links performing live shows. But check out those tickets online. Riley Green Hey Dude, the brand Hey Dude Shoes makes one of the world's most comfortable shoes that are so comfortable they make your feet in your day, a whole lot better. Kind of like a shout out, no free shoutout. All of their products are unbelievably lightweight. You see I'm holding for right now. You can't do the regular shoes astonishingly astonishingly easy to put on, slip right into it, no tying ness, a ton of variety, whether it's prints, colors, materials or styles.
Speaker 1: There's a look for everyone, as you can see here.
Speaker 2: Hey Dude Shoes have a range of products from tried and true styles the Windy and Wally to a new lineup of casual sneakers called Sirocco, Cody, Conway and sun Upye. Soroco is the all new sneaker from Hey Dude, same amazing haydoo comfort and a more athletic look that provides a cushiony and grippy step. Also new to the heydude collection soon Apee Cody and Conway brand new style, same legendary cushy comfort. These shoes are lightweight and are in our ideal for travel. Checkout more styles at heydude dot com. Shop now at heydude dot com. Riley green Bro Welcome back to the bus.
Speaker 7: Yeah awesome to have you last time you were here. It was definitely started out strong and then you started chirping pretty hard. I think we start talking about the Bachelor, right, Yeah, it was good. He was, Yeah, I was on the Bachelor back then.
Speaker 1: I remember we start talking about your outfit. What's that? I don't know, that's what we got talking about your outfit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you started coming. I didn't know you, so I was like, hey, Almos, trying to make a good first depression. He started coming at me. I was like, I'm I don't know what to do now.
Speaker 1: It's had me here too long. That's what it was. The beginning. It was very civil, but dude.
Speaker 7: Your fitness in man. We were just talking about outside the bus, like you went. You were in Oxford, Oxford, Misissippi. Oh, Oxford, Mississippi playing at a bar. Used to play at.
Speaker 10: Yeah, like a real college show in the college town kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 10: It was a Ducks Unlimited like charity thing. But it's kind of like it's what we were talking about. It's kind of cool to play a stadium and then go to that, you know, and I think a lot of it what I get tired of with the bigger stage is like you're so disconnected from the crowd, whereas like where a girl could have touched me on my foot last night, you know, was sitting on the stools played you know, we played sixty minutes, seventy five minutes, and like you kind of didn't want to stop, you know, because this everybody was so happy you were there. So it's like, you know, with the things grow and you get these big stages, you kind of miss those shows a little bit, you know, that intimacy of being right there in front of everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what about that first time being in a stadium.
Speaker 7: Like that's gotta be like I fuck, oh really last week was the first one we did atn t OH last week and you got to feel like I've really I've really made it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean it's it's kind of overwhelming. You can't comprehend that many people. It's fifty five thousand there. It's kind of like, what's the difference between thirty thousand and fifty thousand, you know, h twenty But yeah, I mean five thousand people's more than I know, you know, that's a pretty good one. So, uh, it's just a big looking room. You feel like you got to do more than you can do, like to fill the whole stage up, you know, But it's a it's cool, man. You learn a lot on these tours when you go and open for somebody like Luke Holms, right did Luke Bryan last year at at Alding, and you like watch how they kind of you know, because I mean it wasn't that long ago. Me and Luke Holmes played a lot of the same venues, kind of came up the same way. So you know, it's it's cool to see somebody like that have that kind of success too.
Speaker 2: When you're watching, like what do you look at for? Like when you're watching these big performers.
Speaker 1: We just kind of what works? I think a struggle that I have, especially it's like the music the show itself can get a little monotonous, Like I do the same thing, you know, all the time. It's always so it's like you have to keep in my mind that it's the first time somebody out there seeing the show. So even the just cutting up or on stage band or between them a band or whatever it is, it's like, how do you keep that feeling fresh when you do it every week? And like my tour, Brad Paisley was my first major tour, I guess opening dude, he's been there for like thirty years. He's been doing it for the same show, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: But it's just people love it, so you know, it's kind of watching how they keep that energy up. I guess, you know, because it it seems to me like it'd be really easy to kind of just get tired of it and kind of half passed through the show. But uh, it's a little easier when you got fifty thousand people kind of pumping you up to.
Speaker 7: That seems they play perfecting that craft is an art, Like you said, Brad Pays has been doing for so long, and you you talk about sitting with your band and making the same jokes over and over again, Like I would think because we do a show once a week right now, we're on a spring tour, and a lot of our show as we keep going is like trying to move things around and see how it works. But when you're saying the same joke to your buddy and he's whistling out laugh, you're kind of like, man, it feels a little more awkward. Is that kind of the first time you do it?
Speaker 10: I've done this thing for well over a year now, where you know, everybody introduces their band on stage, and I did this thing where I was like, you know, hey, you know when during COVID, I think I said, you know, the we didn't play a lot of shows in Tough Money's tide. We're gonna have to get rid of somebody tonight. It's cana be the last show. And but I don't know, let the crowd here and wherever we are pick who stays in the band, and like whoever comes in last place rides back to Nashville, Tennessee and a super route back with my tour manager or whatever it is. Anybody gets a laugh kick out of it. And then I passed it around and anybody really cheers for you know, these nerds in my band, and like really make them feel good. And then at the end, I said, ah, man, we have a five way tie. You're also got one more show together like that. And I've tried to get rid of that from my set for over a year because I do it every night.
Speaker 1: Right just goes over so well, you know.
Speaker 7: I know, dude, was there ever a time like your drummer would get like no applause. I'd be like the guy players, guy, everyone's fucking losing because the drum.
Speaker 1: Everyone's like, well, he could probably go actually I actually we're doing with him.
Speaker 10: I will tell you one that was. I don't know how I came up with. This was very accidental. Probably didn't really know his name, but I always say, hey, what's the bass player's name? The short guy? Where's he at? You know, like, and he walks up and he's like, whispers in my ear where his name is? And uh I was like, oh man, it's Dave. And then because like kind of confused, I know my bass player's name, and I said, well I think you' all like him. Was he's born and raised in and I say whatever city we're in, So he gets the biggest clause everybody. And I was I was somewhere doing a meant greet the other day when it was last week, and this lady came up. She had like a real strong Canadian accent. She says, oh, yeah, you were in Montreal and and so, and she said you have a bend mate from there. I was like really, She's like, yeah, I think it's your bass player. I was like, oh, well, yeah, yeah, he is actually from and then they had to watch me say he was from Salado, Texas at night or so where.
Speaker 1: We're hey, did you think about her as you were saying that, trying.
Speaker 10: Not to make contact with her. Luckily they couldn't find her, so they're all confused, Like Americans are weird?
Speaker 2: Dude, What was the best part of like the first Stadium last week?
Speaker 10: I wish Grandpa's never died. You know, that doesn't matter where you are in a coffee shop. That song is such a great song to play because everybody knows it, and like they don't sing that song back, like people scream that song back, you know. I mean there's there's twenty people tonight. I can see literally crying.
Speaker 1: You know. That's just cool.
Speaker 10: It's cool to write something and people will relate to it like that, Right, But I play that song and I play a song role called hell of a Way to Go. I come out and sit on a stool and kind of finish the show. And it's always the biggest, biggest moment of the show. And also it's kind of the coolest moment because you know a lot of them kind of driving it.
Speaker 1: You know, when you.
Speaker 7: Sing a song like Grandpa's never drive, Grandpa's never shouldn't drive, probably a certainly not drive.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't. I wish Grandpa's never died.
Speaker 10: Giving Earnest Judd some uh weird al yankovis.
Speaker 7: Some material something like that. If you you see people are crying. Obviously it's an emotional song, Like do you ever catch yourself getting a little emotional on stage or is it to the point where you've sang it so much?
Speaker 1: You know, like you've moved past the emotion of this.
Speaker 10: It's always compared to It's not an emotional like crying thing. It's I always said it was like scoring a touchdown or dunking a basketball or hitting a home ruin, Like that's what that moment feels like. It's just that same thing, you know, when you when you walk into the end zone with the football.
Speaker 1: It's like, whatever that feeling is, that's what it feels like. You know, I felt that lots of times.
Speaker 10: Going in the end zone, or like when you when you block somebody will or you know whatever whatever whenever somebody.
Speaker 1: Had a touchdown, don't worry, don't worry about that. He knows that feeling.
Speaker 10: Once in college, you guys have to have two touchdowns. It should be bigger do because when you score a touchdown, I assume it was an accident. It shouldn't have happened. Oh buddy, I caught the ball. Really you get the pull that up? Okay, but he had it on top radius. How did you segue me into this on purpose?
Speaker 7: Is this is a well oiled machine in here, every guest, Yeah, that's the Landy Walker. He's more ten than me. And this one I hear boom snipe. Look at this running away.
Speaker 1: From man and he was looking back. Seve Bro's gonna catch him. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I take a peek. I got nervous and I saw some thick boy back there. I was like, Oh, he's no way not to me at all.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 7: When you get inside the ten yard line, offensive coordinators now they'll get creative with the line, especially Arthur Smith. Arthur Smith was always he's another head coach of the Atlanta Falcons. Every week he would put in some sort of tackle eligible player.
Speaker 1: Really yes, and.
Speaker 7: He's like, we're running this multiple times a year. Like Dennis Kelly. He can barely even running that photo. This is like three years before we went to the AFC Championship. Three years later and he had like two touchdowns that year really over the middles, just popped it over to him, little pop passes.
Speaker 1: That's all exhilarating.
Speaker 7: Exhilarating, and there's nothing better than seeing a big boy score. No man, everybody pulls for that. Everybody pulls for It's awesome. That game too. Our right tackle almost had a touchdown as well. There was a fumble in.
Speaker 1: The end zone and he grabbed it.
Speaker 7: And the only two touchdowns we would have scored been me and him. We lost. We lost that game. It wasn't it wasn't a storybook ending.
Speaker 1: But ma'am se.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about talking seeing in front of fifty thousand people the same guy. We are the same guy out of those fifty thousand, and how many you think are men? Uh well I'm one hundred. Yeah, uh good looking cat.
Speaker 10: I'm not a good because I don't usually gravitate to the men in the crowd, you know. But you know what's funny is it depends on who what the show is. Obviously I'm opening for Luke Colmbs. Me and Luke have a lot of guy fans. Yeah, I mean, we're not really the love song like, you know, we white tennis shoes a little rougher like. Our songs are a lot more like Luke's got the beard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, heavier set, gentleman, listen, it's it's a complete one eighty difference. I'll just say it right now. Luke Combs ain't no Rightley Green ban.
Speaker 1: Yeah about that. You need to be going out. You should just have a hot boys tour call it that. Yeah. Yeah. The best looking dudes in country music? Rip around? Who would be the top three hottest dudes in country music? Let's ring I'm watching, Yeah, I gotta go Fellas. Yeah, man, what if I just had them? Just who's another dude out there you tip your cap to in the country world? Uh?
Speaker 10: Well, you mean like as a person, like as you don't have to say he's a good looking dude.
Speaker 7: You just think back in the day, guy was probably the single He's slaid, no question about it. Uh you was a good guy like Dirk Spentley older, but man, Maggie, Yeah, he's slight, those like settle for slow down days like yeah, I took a girl to this concert? Oh yeah, like two thousand and seven, you can go home with you? She was trying to get in that VIP you could have got there the bus.
Speaker 10: Yeah, uh yeah, man, I you know there's a lot of I was like that had been around a long time.
Speaker 1: I mean I was out with Luke Bryan. He was like, he's a heart thrive. I'll tell you something.
Speaker 10: There every show I open for Luke Bryan, there were a handful of guys there. You know, the guys I'm talking about the like, man, this same country music. You know, it's what those guys this their girlfriend drug into the show, but they came to.
Speaker 1: See me, you know yeah, and uh love that.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna tell you this is I watched it happen every night because this dude puts on the show. They're seven beers deep and he's up there and he's doing the thing. Yeah, and they're like, I got that real good. And they guy was just like yeah yeah, because he's like he does it, man, he does the thing ends up turning the guys. The guys started, oh yeah, yeah, he's you can't help but like it. Man, it's caause he just he just has fun with it.
Speaker 7: You brought up a good point about those uh those proud boys that are like this country music this pop country music is bullshit, Like, why do you think that's happened? Because I got to Thomas read about it, and he's like, yeah, but when the Outlaws came out back in the day of like Willie and Whaling and all them they were and back then that's not country music. And now we all look back at that, like, man, what an era.
Speaker 1: For country music?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think there's some stuff now that's a little more of a stretch, you know. Yeah, I mean comparing Waylon Jennings to you know, Johnny Cash saying there night and day. Back then it's not quite like some of the hip hop type stuff we have going out. But music does change all the time, and there's a lot of different musically ways you can go in this genre. But I always say that the storytelling is what makes country music. Song that has a story as some kind of meeting, that's kind of thing about country. Obviously, you can go like techno bar and just like people just want to dance and people like to have a good time, there's songs like that too, But I always say if it's got some kind of meaning to it and story, it can be somewhat considered country music, right, But there's a line for you.
Speaker 2: Are you ever surprised on certain country music that takes off or gets wildly popular?
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 10: But it's also like how many country artsts you've seen that have come out had a song to anything gown pop? You know, I mean there's a lot of those so swift, Yeah, I mean there's just a I think that country music, the way it's set up, especially with country radio and this town, how it's so connected, so different than any other genre because like where is pop music at? You know, where's rock happened? You know, so like la, I guess I don't know, But you don't have to live there kind of all over. But you can come to Nashville, sign a deal, meet the radio pds, and do this one and have a career in country music, even if you go a different way after that. So a lot of people start here. But I think that the you know what, what you originally ask about, why there are those people that are like this isn't country kind of put their foot down. Is like it's such an era of like everybody wants to know about the guy nobody knows about.
Speaker 1: First.
Speaker 10: I remember when Chris Stapleton I saw him play in Birmingham. This is the was the year that he blew up. He had the three AACM Awards or whatever and the steel Drivers. Yeah yeah, and but I mean, you know, I think, what do you listening to? Was one he had like on YouTube. I don't know if he had any music out, but I remember thinking that was a cool thing efver and then when he kind of blew up, everything like that's not that that's cool, which is he's still great.
Speaker 1: He's great song, but people are like that about it.
Speaker 10: I had a lot of them my career that would like have burnt CDs of stuff I wrote when I was like sixteen years old, and that was what they would request it my shows. Yeah, those songs were garbage, but they just wanted me to know that they knew them, that's all it was.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're saying you were that way with Chris Apleton. Yeah, with a lot of you knew you were on him early, and then when he blew up, you're.
Speaker 10: Kind of like, like, how many times I remember I put you on that? Remember that's what everybody wants to do. It's like the stuff that gets commercial becomes less cool to a lot of fans, I think. But it's, you know, kind of a double edged story. Yeah, what's your what's your struggle?
Speaker 7: Is there a struggle at all of like kind of inform into the mainstream country music and where it's at, because you could easily, with the backing you have, you could go and put some techno beats on something and have it play across every club everywhere all the time.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and you know, it's there's still time, there's still time to sell out.
Speaker 1: It's it's give me a week. He actually got a couple of things coming out right.
Speaker 4: Now, and.
Speaker 1: Things don't turn my way. Man, it's a it's a weird time.
Speaker 10: What I'll say is it's it's it's really hard to have blinders on in this town, just because it's so easy to watch what somebody else's doing.
Speaker 1: Go all, they're having success, they're having success.
Speaker 10: And then also you've got the fact that a lot of these songwriters right for everybody, well, they have a style of writing too.
Speaker 1: They know what's getting played.
Speaker 10: Songwriters don't make anything nless it's on the radio and a hit anyway, So they want songs to go on the radio. And for a song to get put on the radio, it has to sound something the word I'll use is somewhat commercial. It's got to be very relatable to a mass audience. So what that does is it takes some things that are what I would say cool and kind of makes them live in a different space, which fortunately for me and a lot of artists now, the Tyler Childers of the world, there is another space they can live in. And you can have a great career without having that, you know, but it does. Man, I'm in a great spot because I've kind of got a little of bos. I've got some grassroots following that people that found me a long time ago before radio, and then I've also got some couple of songs that were hits on the radio. Solet's finding that line of who and commercial and trying to get songs that are that.
Speaker 1: I think that's that everybody's got.
Speaker 7: When you're talking about songwriters and how they they write to put stuff on the radio, because that's another way they can make money.
Speaker 1: How do you go about writing? Do you have a certain core group of dudes or you kind of bounce around a little bit. I do.
Speaker 10: I don't try a lot of new folks just because I know what songs I'm gonna get with certain guys, you know, like I write a lot of stuff with the same core guys. And also it's really it's not rocket science, you know, writing songs. I mean, yeah, there's I guess some skills that you can be born with you can kind of work on and get better at.
Speaker 1: But it's like.
Speaker 10: You sit in with people you like, you're gonna write better songs, people you enjoy being around people that grew up the same way whatever that is, you know. But I mean, even still my biggest songs I wrote by myself. So it's kind of keeping a little bit of that both trying to, you know, find some guys that can write some that know what's gonna get played on the radio, and then write some stuff that's really for lack of better term me, you know, and just play it out and see what works. I think a lot of my success came from just playing songs on YouTube, Facebook, I guess at the time, and just seeing what people thought they liked it.
Speaker 7: I go recorded, he said, when you talk about like not being rocket science, dude, it kind of seems like it because no musical talent over here.
Speaker 1: I'll expee for myself.
Speaker 7: I heard will sing in the car yesterday that boy can Belton, I was put out five like it was nothing.
Speaker 1: He was getting after it.
Speaker 7: You go like, we all sit in the car, dude, and I'll put that radio up to ten, and I'll be saying and be like, fuck, why why couldn't I have thought about doing this?
Speaker 1: Or why couldn't I do? Like I feel that all the time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, say it's not rocket science, brother, Like it's it's an absolute talent. Like where how did you learn to even write music? Like how did that process start for you? It's it was really accidental. So my Grendaddy Bufford was a really witty guy, like what a name wrote? Yeah, Beautford Greamon wrote, Uh, wrote poems and like drew and painting and stuff whatever. He was just had really good words, I guess. But we didn't write songs I wouldn't do in a country music back then. But I think that I got a little wit from him. He was really good with just that kind of thing. But as far as like writing songs, when I started my career, I was just get I got so tired of playing the songs I knew. I was playing covers at bars every night, and I was like, man if I wrote a song kind of like this, just to change something up, and people started to like them. A couple of them did well, And I just I learned to write from playing shows, so like fans taught me how to write. If something went over one line really made people go oh yeah, then I thought, well, it's something more like that. So I did that for you know, six or eight years before I ever stepped foot in Nashville. So I just think it made me write a certain way.
Speaker 10: And a lot of those guys that are having that success outside of country radio, say Tyler Childers, Texas Country, A lot of that stuff, they're not here writing there wherever they're from writing, and that's where that comes from.
Speaker 1: So they're writing from a different place than everybody else. Are those Tyler Childers in that Texas Country? Is that kind of your favorite?
Speaker 10: I've liked Texas country stuff for a long time, but you know, I just think different.
Speaker 1: It's cool.
Speaker 10: I mean a lot of what Eric Church did I thought was different. You know, like he had some stuff that he put out that's you know, it doesn't sound like everything else. I think that's the best thing you can have right now. I think that's where success come from. Luke Colmbs. When he first came out, there was nobody that sounded like Luke to me. You know whatever, the music sounds like, his voice was recognizable. It's so easy now for an artist to get a song on the radio, maybe will come a hit, and then people go and the song comes like, oh man, I love that song, and not who sings it? They have no clue who the guy is, you know, yeah, because they would you would sit there and be like, oh, that's who sings it. This guy there's I mean, there's there's guys with four or five number ones on the radio that people don't know who it is.
Speaker 1: They sing along and tap their foot when it comes on.
Speaker 10: But that's such a big hurdle to get over unless you have something that's a little different, right.
Speaker 7: You know, it's unique seeing the people that are singing the songs too, Like you brought Tyler Childers a couple of times and before like you hear his songs. Then you look them up you're like, I did not think that is interesting, Like who's that culter wall? And yes there's a wall under wall wall, culter wall. Look you look at him and you're like, it sounds like he looks like a teenager and he's got that aast voice. Yeah, it's crazy. Well, I'm sure a lot of folks felt like that about Luke first sound too. You know, I remember for me it was a guy named Corus Smith. He's b Broro Hory Smith is one the police. I could do it again and Corey went on tour with me last year. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I was such a huge fan of course Smith growing up. He played Brothers bar and Jacksonville. Like I got arrested a couple of times, sneaking into his shows with a fake ID. Like just a huge fan of his. Open for him several years ago and kind of full circle, got to call him and him come open for me and written together. He's an awesome dude, But it was, you know, you just wouldn't expect. He was a school teacher I think when he was having all you know that's wild but never had a song on the radio and had a fifteen year career.
Speaker 1: Is he a good hang, great man? He seems awesome dude.
Speaker 2: One of my boys, Like his name's Jordan Thompson, shout out JT. But he could he could play the guitar, so he would play the Cory Smith.
Speaker 7: Chance, Like we just sit out in the back deck and he play him and it's like, or Smith, he fucks broh. He's got a cool you need voice. Yes, big fan of that guy, But you're going somewhere with no. I just wanted to shout out JT. And of course brought him before. He's out there listening. Hey, he's you're more welcome to come on the bus.
Speaker 10: Brother, Yeah, I'll get you get hooked. He's a he would answered the questions of how do you song right? Way better than me. He's a really smart, like analytical guy when it comes song right. When you're saying, how spart analytical he is? How come He's more of like an underground cat in a lot of ways. Like he's definitely like more known than Georgia obviously, and like God.
Speaker 1: Especially, I mean, you gotta go.
Speaker 7: You gotta be in like certain parts of the country for people to know who that is, right, if you're more of a nationwide dude?
Speaker 1: Is that just intentional?
Speaker 10: Like No, I'll tell you what's really impressive about Corey is like there's a lot of guys that are doing what he did. Now they're going out and they're having a successful career tour and without big commercial success or radio. Think about doing that then before social media, for Spotify, Amazon, all these other ways you could put music out. If you didn't have a song on the radio, then how is anybody ever going to hear it? It was completely through somebody going hey man, you heard this guy and putting a CD in the truck going on spring break and Blair and I wish I was twenty one or if I could do it again or whatever it was pol yeah, man, And I like, I just remember hearing it thinking it was the coolest thing ever wherever I heard it from, and him coming through and me getting to go watch him play, and then it was like he was coming to from or two hours well, I was like I'm gonna go there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean I've set around and played his songs at college parties, you know, all the way through.
Speaker 2: But uh, and it seems like too, like the way he entertains the crowd, like you just listen to his music, like whether you're throwing a seat or throwing a song, like when he does fuck the Police and stuff like.
Speaker 1: That, you just hear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does it live and you can just hear it in the crowd. It seems like he does a really good job entertaining everybody to make you go, hey, have you ever checked this.
Speaker 10: Dude out out? Well, you've heard you've heard the live version of that song. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: There's also a little bit of that too. There are songs that live in such a good space like that. Like you think about live records that you really listen to. I mean there's a handful of them, obviously. You know the Last Waltz by the Band. I used to listen to that a lot, and it was some you know, some Texas country stuff from like Billy Bob's that I used to love the live version of because the crowd, you know, really being involved. But I heard Billy Bob's is a vibe. It's awesome, man, really cool place. But it's like that's song lives with the crowd in the background screaming, and so I mean it's it's just, uh, it's cool to see guys that made it that far by just strictly going and writing songs and going and play shows.
Speaker 7: Well brought up interacting with the crowd and stuff like that. How long did it take you to really like dial that in for your performances.
Speaker 10: It took a lot of watching other people. Yeah, I used to go down to the jokes. Well, I mean I would be called stealing songs if you like cover somebody, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how they introduced a song if it was theirs, I probably stole that.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: There was a.
Speaker 10: Guy that plays it at the floor Bama, uh named Big Earl. Then my parents used to let me go in and see and he sings like really dirty songs, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh. And I remember being like you shouldn't be here, you know. But he was just the craziest thing.
Speaker 10: He would act a fool on stage, like you know, like get people to come up and spend this like Wheel that had like I'll play sweet on my Alabama or this or show your tiss and like it always landed on show your tists like it was waited, you know. But he had a whole thing. It was like such a show beyond what songs should be saying. The songs were like forty seconds long, like little just like whatever jokes you know, And I like I learned a lot from that, even though it wasn't so much the comedy thing. It's just like nothing has to be perfect, like it looked like every single night he went up there just made up everything he was doing. I thought it was something cool about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, im prov was awesome, but like I like little gimmicks and shows like The Big Wheel and there's like he slots for other songs and then.
Speaker 1: Showed me your tits.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he had this one where he got somebody on stage and said he had a lawnmower accident and he lost one of his nuts and he's like, if you can come here and tell me which one was missing, you have a free Big Girl CD. And this like lady comes up on the stage and she like reached on his pants and feels around and he's like those eyes closed, like, okay, which one?
Speaker 1: She said? The left one?
Speaker 10: He said, nope, try to get and stuck her hand back down there. Try honestly out here a CD. That's awesome, dude.
Speaker 1: What are some of the we don't do that at my shows just so but uh, not.
Speaker 2: Like doulding on that or anything else, but what are some of the wader stories you've had some of your shows?
Speaker 1: Uh something?
Speaker 2: Were you always like whether you're with the boys or you're telling somebody knew you just met. Hey, this one time.
Speaker 1: There's been some pretty crazy stuff.
Speaker 10: I a lot of the I think a lot of the craziest days that I had were when I was playing those club shows.
Speaker 1: And I was probably rowdy enough.
Speaker 10: Back then that it didn't seem as crazy to me as it should have. Yeah, I mean, it wasn't like I didn't have a tour manager for a long time. I do any management. I was just playing shows. I was driving my truck, me and whoever whatever buddies could make it. We jump in and we would just head out. And I mean like we went to some pretty rough areas, you know. I mean like I had, uh, two or three of my buddies that I went around with, black guys grew up together, and we went just not thinking about it. Was like So and so would just get a car to mine. They'd call me to play showby birthday party. We'd go out in the middle of just like some country you know, country places and full up and we'd all be in.
Speaker 1: Trouble, you're working through that.
Speaker 10: We'd all get well, I mean just you know, we'd be looking around and like, what do you think. I'm like, I don't know, I'm gonna go fill it out, you know. And of course it always ended up being at like they're in there like hugging her mom and they're all trinking Jack Daniels together or whatever. But there was a lot of stuff that I think if I had a security person or a management or whatever, sometime, they probably would have stopped me and made me think about it.
Speaker 2: There's some sketchy places out there, no doubt. You Just you look under some of these rocks out there and it's like, Yo, I did not know a place like this exists.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 7: A lot of like uh, Montana, Yeah, I mean, we're going to We're going to rule in Alabama too, you buddy. I feel like that's like the probably the scariest that rule in Mississippi.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean we play some r V parks like where they do rock crawlers and like doom Buggies and stuff.
Speaker 1: Real redneck ship. Yeah yeah, man, just uh on the redneck just like the white trash. Yeah, I mean, but that's a glassy way to say white trash, right it is. Yeah a lot more. Yeah, just hit the nail on the head, that's white trash. Out shout out white trash. Yeah, just shout out white trash.
Speaker 10: I know you'll see y'all do that on what it means trying to fit in. I appreciate you even noticing. Yeah, I mean I thought y'all did a lot of that last time too, So I just, yeah, that's what we're trying to get shot enough. Weren't getting shot enough for shadowt going, but this was always getting a new implement, So I was at the beginning y'all really get at it now. Yeah, I see y'all on your show. Shout out you for knowing that. Yeah, man, that's fucking that's a big deal.
Speaker 7: When you go to these liker like RV parks and scene where you're at now, like where do you think, Like what's the pinnacle for you? Like you have truly done what you wanted to accomplish and music thirty thousand feet in the air looking at your career, I mean.
Speaker 1: Complete honesty, I'm past it.
Speaker 10: I never thought I would have a song on the radio or like I can remember at one point being like, man, I wish I could just write a song that like even if people hated my guts, they'd have to go that's pretty good. Yeah, And I mean there's enough people that I always Grandpa never never died has been successful too that I can kind of feel that way about it, and I'm like I can kind of be like suck it, you know, yeah, dude.
Speaker 2: And what's funny is I believe you just based on the conversation we were texting about last week when he's like showing his spot, like come down in Hunt, like I'll send the bust of you guys.
Speaker 1: Want to make a Yeah, very accommodating. The hospitality is.
Speaker 10: Well, I mean well, I mean, you know I benefit from hanging out with all all gonna shout me out, man, do the shout out thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like remember that one guy shout out? Are you right? But yeah?
Speaker 7: But also it's like it's not like we know e show that well, like yes we we we ran game in a successful softball game.
Speaker 1: Get after we did get after it.
Speaker 7: But uh yes, dude, hey you talk about a stud now on the softball fielders.
Speaker 1: Yo, bombs, bro, he was the were you the MVP? Did we win?
Speaker 7: We won that game? That's right, that's right, you know how the aggressive part.
Speaker 10: Was, Uh we pulled up late and I'm like running in throwing cleats on. I'm thinking, well, you know, it's charity thing. I got a bunch of people here, I probably won't even play. I'll be at the end of the list and I'll get there and like walk into the dugout national anthemis and they go first up, number nine, Riley Green.
Speaker 1: I'm like, go up there to the plate, and he did off foul pole man. Really, he's got some fucking used to Were you a big baseball guy, girl?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 10: I mean I played. I played football, baseball, and basketball. I was not the baseball player that I am the men's league softball player. When I found out they threw the ball underhanded, I was like, are you kidding me? I remember being like, are they gonna do this the whole game?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, he was an hour lob is my speed.
Speaker 7: Men's softball though, there's usually like a home run rule, like you can't hit more than.
Speaker 1: Three a game. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we've had We've had them where it was like inning ending, where like if you step up your first at better than ding hit it out, it's like, y'all go back to the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I've been that.
Speaker 7: Guy that brings us to a very pressing issue what he thinks harder to hit a pitcher or a softball pitcher like an MLB pitcher or underhand like the girls.
Speaker 1: That fucking rip ull. Is that a big question.
Speaker 7: That's a big question because a lot, because it's way different because the ball, when you're a baseball player is showing the ball just right. The girls is rising, the women's rise, and they can they can make that ball move.
Speaker 1: Now what Uh.
Speaker 10: But I've seen like some sports science stuff talking about how it's like equivalent to a ninety whatever miles close.
Speaker 1: It's really close. It's like a little league mound. I don't know. I don't want to start this respectable, but it.
Speaker 7: Is like a literally it's way short, it's way shorter, shorter reactions that, yeah, don't want to be down, dude. We would go at Michigan bigger okay, slack. You go at Michigan and uh play at the softball team and like try to do like a home run derby in their softball field.
Speaker 1: And we had there was a girl that that was like.
Speaker 7: A two time All American pitcher and she would fucking rip that thing like football like baseball players try to do.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've seen that happen on like to and usually the baseball players send it yard.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say, oh, I like some girls talking ship and he's like, all right, it's like the first pitch and he fucking rips that bat two stories high.
Speaker 2: Uh, It's like, yeah, it's closer, but also the ball is bigger. Like, dude, you're trying to take a ninety five mile our fast different.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it would take a little getting.
Speaker 7: Used to, but imagine that ninety five mile in our fastball then all of a sudden, like a seventy two mile hour curveball, Like that's that change of pace. Yeah, brother, that'd be so hard to hit. They say it's the hardest thing to do in sports at a curveball.
Speaker 1: Maybe I have no clue.
Speaker 10: I haven't curling, you know what I mean? People are getting bag into curling though. We have George kittle on here. He's doing curling.
Speaker 1: Jared Allen, like, you got to have too many ingredients to really enjoy it.
Speaker 10: I like games that you can, like, you know, I can get a football off the bus and go out and throw them. Yeah, fu football, basketball, But like curling, you gotta have an ice rin. You got a skates a broom thing, Ma, you need skates. You don't know, You're just sliding.
Speaker 1: But also it's like you need the resources to like.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean you like haym down your hardwood floor in your house and play if you want to.
Speaker 2: But a game that seems fun is pickleball. Yeah, people are picking up pick pickleball is I.
Speaker 7: Haven't played it yet. I want to play. We need to get out there this summer.
Speaker 10: I f here's my problem with pickleball. It's the same problem I have with like ping pong or pool for that matter. It's it's such a game that, like, if you play it, you can be really good at it. I don't like games that somebody less athletic can be can beat me in. Like I want to be able to show up and have an advantage because I'm taller, yeah, faster, like I work out a little bit and a little better shape. But I don't like it when somebody like it's a little nerdier and a little more like and just like show up and just more of a mortal Yeah, I don't like that. If you can practice that like at your house, you know, I would like so basketball, Like, you know, a guy's gonna show up and mean if.
Speaker 1: I might have a little advantage. Now I'm in ping pong about it's not for you. Well, you can just practice yourself too. I don't have ping pong table.
Speaker 7: Brother, You've done all right, Like you can go to Walmart and get the two un of dollars ping pong table. If they notice you all, you'll get a bucket of balls free too. He likes the more masculine sports out there. Yeah, yeah, you can get a little more physical shooting gun. A five to four guy could walk up and smoke me at ping pong. That's what I struggle to sleep at night with. You know what I'm saying, like casts off to him, But I'm gonna go home.
Speaker 1: Be like that's what bothered me about the game. Yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 7: I don't like people you're talking about, you talking about masculine games like shooting skate.
Speaker 1: You can have the same five four guy dust you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but uh but that's like a guess, like a a hobby, you know. I mean, I know this is like like a sport then, but you you think shooting a gun is like would you call it a.
Speaker 1: Sport if you get paid for it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Do you really think so? No?
Speaker 10: Pretty sure it plays on like the I mean, I will say this is called shooting sporting plays.
Speaker 7: Maybe it is, Yeah, but just listen, doing the whole rifling deal that ain't that ain't a sport. I'm not here to I'm not here to die in the hell of whether that's what we're going in the wrong direction. What I'm trying to fucking take bike bass. Spike Ball is a fun game now, yeah, the little yeah, the little net. That's like a beach game.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well you can do it. You can do it anywhere. Yeah, dude, out here, if we had enough room.
Speaker 7: Spike ball surnament, I think it could be all right. I don't know what does your touring schedule look like? Like, how often are we on the road. We're on the way right now. We're from the last one to the next one. God bless.
Speaker 1: We had four shows last week. I tell you what.
Speaker 10: We played at eleven thirty one night last Wednesday, College college station.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I used to do that all the time. And I'm getting so old. I said, he was like five, and I'm just looking six hours before it going thirty four. Yeah, you are old getting there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just feel it more, bro, you just feel it. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Have you thought about taking something for what like TRT or like some sort of supplement CDRT.
Speaker 10: He starts from replacement therapy. Uh, I mean I probably should. I think if I take something like that, I'd want to wait like as long as I could, like getting a hip or place. It's gonna last you a few years. You're gonna do it again. Yeah, I don't want to be like hooked on something the rest of my life. As as I still get out of bed and like maintain us around.
Speaker 1: A little to get some stuff out there, you'll be solid if you ever got off of it. I know I was gonna get medical advice here.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: We're here for you, buddy. We're we're like a jack of all trades podcast. Yeah, we can talk a little bit about everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're here for you. We had do something to your talk.
Speaker 7: I would love to do. I want to ask him about his uh, his hunting. Dude loves his hunting.
Speaker 1: You're gonna come down, turkyo. Yes, we we have to come down.
Speaker 7: You're hunting. You send me a photo. What was the last you You got a big one in Illinois?
Speaker 10: Uh, I don't know if I kill one Illinois. I killed a big deer in Arkansas. Doer out hunted a few years, big deer down there.
Speaker 1: Uh. Now these ranches you have are just uh you got buddies who It's a little bit of everything.
Speaker 10: It's some of us leases that I've had for a while, some of us my property, some of us buddies property.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Uh, I don't got the time to go like I used to, but I think I enjoyed it for different reasons. I used to be really like it's kind of a competitive thing. You and your buddies all hunt, like who did this, Who got the most ducks, the biggest deer or whatever. Now I just like going somewhere that phone doesn't work, that nobody's at and it's quiet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, that's that's what's your favorite thing to hunt? That's tough. It changes. Uh by now it's turkey season.
Speaker 10: That's I'm just right around, just cuts the turkeys and fields I see. I get pretty mad at them. But uh well, I didn't have anybody show me how to hunt when I was growing up. My dad just worked at construction work and you never got into it. So I can remember turkey hunting for about three years without even getting close to kill them.
Speaker 1: I hate turkey, Just mad at them, just mad at them.
Speaker 7: I heard birds are like the most fun social way to hunt because you can, like with ducks, like all sitting in a blind, not turkeys.
Speaker 10: Not turkeys, No, well, I mean any kind of like upland bird, like quail, pheasant. You're walking around kind of interacting. Duck hunt, you're sitting in the blind, your buddies. You know, that's very much a social hunter. He's gonna be like motion turkey. Turkeys can see like you wouldn't believe it. Really, yeah, I mean turkey be like four hundred yards out in the field and like scratch your nose and take off. What was the thing about like a bird? Because I'll be driving down the road and I'll see fifty of them. Oh yeah, yeah, I was hunting. The label president was sending pictures of turkey like in his neighborhood, like chased him to his house and because on this morning walk and I'm running all over the place trying to kill one. But it's uh, it's the like back and forth. You're calling to it, acting like a hen. They're gobbling, trying and you're trying to find them and make them and they yeah, like I said, they're they're they're tough fact fishing the turkey, that's right, love little fan, little fake, you know, like shaking his butt.
Speaker 7: I went turkey hunting one time and it was like three of us were walking back to the cabin and all of a sudden, Tom right Tom like pops up and then everyone like got on a knee and one to just held the fan up and he started calling the things like what the fuck's going on over there? That's a weird looking turkey in a running away you didn't have an opportunity to get. It was like the first time I turkey. And I've been hunting like three times in my life, real deer hunting in Louisiana one time that is that in like a little blind or whatever it's called a stand who'd you go with? Then Drew Dilio, we'll see him this weekend in l s U.
Speaker 1: And uh, it's got out.
Speaker 7: Drew Dilio don and I sit there for three and a half hours, and I saw a bunny rabbit and a butterfly, and I was like, what the fuck am I doing here? And plus it's like you gotta be quiet the whole time. It's very difficult for me to do you've got a lot of energy going on over here.
Speaker 1: And then I got to.
Speaker 7: I'll just move around, the bus will start. Yeah, but I did that and I went turkey honey. And so I need to get out there and really kill something to feel it. Yeah, I feel I want to feel a lot. I want to like fight a bore or something like that. I want to do something real. I want to do something dangerous. I don't want to just uh, I want to do something precise, like mile away, get them. We're checking the wind a little bit more than like that. Yeah, you fucking take his ass out. That's a good shot right in the ribs.
Speaker 10: Different then like you're you're you go sitting a blind somewhere somebody had up and wait for a deer to walk out. I enjoyed the like I bow hunt. So you got to get a lot closer to the animal. So you have to really like what tree you picked to put your climate standing in and makes that much of a difference, you know, So I like the you know, the wind's gotta be right.
Speaker 1: Where do you think the deer's betting at? Versus? What's he where's he eating? Where's he going?
Speaker 10: With times moving checking cameras all the time and trying to like that cat and mouse of it is.
Speaker 1: What I enjoy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're the You're the reason why if any other country ever tried to infiltrate America. Like we're relying on people like you. You have the cameras you have to feed you. We're watching these people walk around me. I'm dead quickly. I'm probably coming over to your house as fast.
Speaker 1: Just so y'all come down to the farmer shore where things that you can hide out down there. I was just put me in a foxhole or something like that. We'll be all right. You enjoyed the game of the strategy.
Speaker 10: Yes, yeah, I mean I like I like thinking about it when I'm not even hunting, like thinking about man, I wonder if that deer is gonna So this year I killed an Arkansas that I've hunted for three years. Like it's a bow hunt only unit, so you can't gun hunt there. And it's really swampy. So this deer like swim to where they bet at. Oh my god, And uh I hunted him, like I said, three years, And I took a buddy over there. We hunted for four days. He busted me going in the stands saw me like just screwed it up, you know. And so I was taking my buddy home, made it to Memphis and was like, man, I gotta go back and stop and got him a rental car. He went home and I went back hunting two more days no luck. Drove to Nashville for a meeting. Sitting in Nashville like, looked at Panama City. So I was gonna go down to the beach for a couple days of weather.
Speaker 1: It was perfect. It was like sixty five degrees in Narksaw. Ran in miserable hunt weather.
Speaker 10: I drove back four and a half hours, got up four o'clock in the morning, sat in the dark for two hours because I wanted to make sure I was and killed him that day.
Speaker 1: That's the big one, man. But you could you got to be mad at you know what I mean. I drove nine hours that day. I was like, you took a lot of shit personal to get that there. And the feeling was.
Speaker 10: Like just like then I'm good, you know, like if I get that one deer that I was like, really after I don't got a honeymoon.
Speaker 1: He said, you were hunting for two years?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, what like when deer season ends, you just like kind of get tip of the cap to him, be like, you won this one.
Speaker 1: I'll see it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the battle on yeah the next time. And then for eight months you're stealing. You got a picture of him on your mirror with teeth in the morning when I'm you know, people that messing on the phone, look at TikTok. I just looked through yeah pictures and just watch him. He's still around. God forbid, semi truck rolls by and takes him out. Yeah, because then he won the battle. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. I spoke to him one morning, the morning before I killed him.
Speaker 10: Night now, I was on an electric bike after Doolittle going in and I see some eyes and I look up with the light and he's standing like in a place a mile from where I thought he would be at, like just completely bust me. And I was just like, you gotta be kidding me, and he just takes off.
Speaker 1: I spoke. So we spoke to this deer before. So I had some real personal after the show.
Speaker 7: I want to see I want to see a picture of it, because it sounds like this is a hell of a deer. Do you elk hunt I've been I feel like I feel like you, like I enjoyed hunting.
Speaker 10: The strategy problem is is, like you, it's such a short season and it really to bow hunt elk, you've got to have time to go find to herd. It might take a week two weeks, right right, and I can't. I don't take anything time off, so I hunt. Like if I got Sunday through Wednesday, I'll hunt, then I'll go play shows and keep my stuff on the bus. And you're hunting, you're a lot more flexible. You got to put in for a tag. To elk hunt, you got to draw the tag. You gotta do it a certain time, and I might not even be able to go, right. I drew a tag the last two years, and the first time I did, I had four days that could go hunt, and one of them got cut short because we end up going to play a show in Dallas popped up that I couldn't say no to. So, like, you know, I hate to have that much into it and not be able to go.
Speaker 2: Because I got some boys in Utah and they're they're about the elk hunting and there you got to like climb mountains and ship and like hunt these things for like you.
Speaker 1: Would like that.
Speaker 10: I mean, like the physical aspect of you know, going after Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think of myself on my face. I'm about the hut on my face, knife in my mouth for fucking moving.
Speaker 1: Around the spot.
Speaker 10: That's kind of hunting, you would like, like you spot them, you go up on a ridge, you spot them, and then you go.
Speaker 7: Try to get where they're going. That sounds cool, the rainbow style. Yeah, hell yeah, I mean that makes me sound way tougher than I actually am. The idea of doing it sounds all. But you got the mustache and everything you could I'm making. I don't know if you've heard the news. I'm making a bit of a transformation right now. It's coming in where you have to wait and see kind of Oh yeah, easy, now wait. I like those boots, though, I will say that when you uh know, now, I know what I should have brought him.
Speaker 1: Boots.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got some eyes my eyes on some Western diamondback rattlesnak boots. That's what I want. Some daily wears every single day. Yeah, anything get you other than converts. Man, I need you to be a little more respectful of those first shoes that ever wore. Still, I've had these shoes. Actually these are relatively new, but I got a parap had for nine years probably where both of these says the shoes right here, dunks and some some vans. You've warned these, you've warned these shoes before you went through a phase in middle school.
Speaker 10: No, I mean I didn't go chemical dunks. I didn't go through the gink fe No, I hadinkofes. Hold on, now, I need you to back up a little bit of that leap. I had some hot tops that were like this in basketball, but that was like retro, you know, right back.
Speaker 1: But no, I mean they look good on you all because you didn't like that like that, like the way you said that.
Speaker 7: Wait, so when I'm on Instagram, I see people hunting, there's like all of a sudden, a there a bear rips up a tree and they say, have you ever had like a no like that.
Speaker 10: A lot of places with it, But I've seen what you're talking about, Yeah, would be absolutely.
Speaker 7: They're just in they're like sitting on those little things.
Speaker 10: Well that bears a little mushery man that there's nothing you can do to get away from a bear can out run. You can climb a tree if you get in one that's tough.
Speaker 7: I saw some one of people in a kayak fishing the other day and two cubs walk by, Yeah, and the mom comes out of fucking nowhere, charging them, and the dude just rips off a gunshot and the bear luckily like ran off.
Speaker 1: Yeah. One of the videos bears are story. But I go up to Canada? Did I go up to Canada with my wife?
Speaker 7: And her mom is like loves fishing, and she will like drive forty five minutes in the middle of like BC Canada, go with this lake you literally have to like hike to for like an hour and we'll be we'll be fishing and all of a sudden, like you'll hear loud footsteps and I'm like, hey, what do we do for in that situation? And tailor my wife heard dogs there, and the moms like we'll we'll throw the dog at the bear and we'll run.
Speaker 1: It was like all seriousness, yeah, oh, all seriousness.
Speaker 7: But it's always like if it's a black bearer, you do this, If it's a grizzy beer, you do that. But they're always like bears are fine. It's the cougars you have to worry about because you don't know they're there until they get you.
Speaker 1: The Mountain Lions cougar because they got to the back of the neck. Yes, that's terrifying.
Speaker 7: And it's one of those situations like let's say we went hunting, the three of us, we go up to Montana, I can attack or I saw a bear and I was in that situation. How dumb am I? Like you literally are I'm asking myself to be put in that situation.
Speaker 1: I could just stay in Nashville and chill.
Speaker 10: I love your uh your not necessarily about hunting, but that mindset. I'm like that of like you do like that or don't like that? Don't I don't like doing things that if I was to die doing it. My buddies are like, idiot, shouldn't been doing that. That's the stuff I like. Helicopters don't do. I don't go play shows somewhere. Somebody's like, you want to go up with it? No, not doing that, And like my buddies that are pilots because I you know, all my budget idiots, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, really that would be tough some way shape or for him.
Speaker 10: You said every friend you have is more on you know, I don't want to putse if I go up with with Lee and we lee. Yeah, you know I everybody's he was he flying with the lee for like any got more money th then he's find was a little crop dust and playing.
Speaker 7: You know, yeah, I think flying is awesome. I have an obsession with ava. What about sky diving? Would you do skydiving?
Speaker 1: What am I gonna go through the little duster? I just don't think you know, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Release you Scott skot diving?
Speaker 7: I die.
Speaker 1: All my buddies are like, he gets a wive.
Speaker 10: Had him the game, a great career, God that you never skydive?
Speaker 1: I budget jump to you? Would you bune of jump now? For what? I'm just finding the line for the thrill of that.
Speaker 10: If I die, you got it? Six flags that's not too much. And we were like, well, you know, a wate softer way to go, see what I'm saying. But I'm in hand on a roller coaster and just fly off. But I'm like that that would be a huge catastrophe if I died. Cliff diving or cliff climbing or whatever people do. People like it was he even doing out there? Yeah, I mean would be sad when I dive. Man, I want people to be like moron.
Speaker 7: If you died sky diving, we'd all be a little we'd call you a moron.
Speaker 1: But we'd be sad too. Thanks. Ye, man, I didn't like that, Jacob was that was? That was my faults. Brother. You ever went through a Dicky's face? Yeah? No, really missed out on a key point in life.
Speaker 10: I was, Uh, I had a sister there's ten years old me, so I went through the phase of whatever guy she was dating. He was the coolest dude on the planet. Yeah, you know what I mean. So, like I think I became an Auburn fan from that. It was like new balances, I guess for the thing like cargo khaki shorts. Oh yeah, yeah, that kind of thing's zipped, the white the white college hat.
Speaker 1: They just had the little stripes and the letters. You know what I'm talking about. Those I had.
Speaker 10: I had to fish shook on him like that. It would just be one clean spot.
Speaker 1: With Larry the Cable Guy fan, I was. This was before that, man, Yeah, I don't know, you're thirty four.
Speaker 10: Usually Larry the Cable Guy is a fictional character that compiled a lot of stereotypes of a person into one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so I had a get or done hat at one point in your life. Oh Man on Blue Collar Comedy Tour Guy I did, Yeah, Billy Vall, Jeff Foxworthy, Man was great.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 10: Larry the Cable Guy came to a show on the Farm tour with Luke Bryan and we was sitting on the bus and him read Ache AND's Ben a slip a couple of songwriters and my dad was the show and his brother who've never been anywhere, and they come on the bus and my dad's like the king of old man jokes. And I literally just sat there and watched. Lady the Cable got my dad go back and forth with dirty old man jokes.
Speaker 1: That's gotta be something to see.
Speaker 10: I mean, you guys, my dad was doing like this while he was telling his joke, you know, like getting ready.
Speaker 1: I got I got it, I got it. He wouldn't even listening to it.
Speaker 10: He held up, he held up well yeah, uh, speaking of wish this was this was fun for me. I took my dad and his brother first time. His brother ever flown like does not get off the farm. The Nebraska Hunting Uh, my dad doesn't care anything about hunting. He just shout out to the state and uh sorry, and he I didn't know if y'all did it there because I was telling the storry. So, uh, my dad just makes whittles fake arrowheads all day and just like walking in front of throw the we're hey, look at that, you know.
Speaker 1: So that's all he did. But this is this is the part that got me.
Speaker 10: So when I was flying him out there, I got him a flight from Atlanta, and I told my mom drop him off whatever, and I was like, man, they're not gonna know how to like get through the airport, you know, like they've never flown.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 10: So I called my travelers and said, is there somebody that, like when you have somebody from another country that are like they can't speak English or whatever that's never flown and they have to like get Like there's a person that doesn't I said, yeah, it's okay, Well, just like it's a baby, I need somebody to get them to And so a lady picked him up and took them through the airport, put them on the plane, and all that well, we were in Nebraska and I had to get him a flight back and I thought this is crazy.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 10: There's in their mid sixties, grown men, lived a full life, and I could just leave him here and they would just have to live here. They could never get back. My dad would like walk up to the Delta thing and go, hey, two tickets to Jackson, Alabama.
Speaker 1: Police Like, just like it's a train or something. I wouldn't know how to do any of it. My dad's the same way. You.
Speaker 7: You got to get Bill a little more credit. He made He's made it to Nashville. He's made it to Nashville driving, Yeah, but he still got out. My Dad's never flown by himself.
Speaker 10: But I mean like there's still like directions that you write down, you know, like I don't know that they know how to put a thing in the GPS.
Speaker 1: But that's that's seems like it's on you a little bit to help them out with that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my dad could walk out of an Applebee's and get lost.
Speaker 1: He has done that before. Because we moved the car around.
Speaker 2: We were going to pick him up in the front, and he went out the side door and we just literally stood there looking around, and then he calls my mom like, where'd you guys go?
Speaker 1: Yeah, But it's Bill at the Yeah, you know where he was from.
Speaker 10: A tough place though, so different, different generation, and they're like they're not worried about being lost because they'll fun figure it out.
Speaker 1: I don't know if my dad would figure it out, But do you think he would? Yeah, yeah, I didn't. Like my dad doesn't. He just does stuff.
Speaker 10: He don't think about what it's like, you know, what could it possibly happen when like a tire falls off of the truck we're going down the road. He said, I will to see if we can get one another's time to fell off the fit somewhere close by or something like. He just he's not like just optimistic, there is no consequence, mentioning it'll work out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's kind of.
Speaker 7: Older parents really got fox when the flip phones fell off the face of the earth. Once technology started getting in there, really separated drew a line of line of the sand for all those people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tough stuff. When color came on the phone too.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, come on, come on, guys, what's up?
Speaker 1: Dude? You should get you got all you gotta worry about Taylor every now and then you say that accident.
Speaker 7: I get a little word myself his Yeah, never know, we always get to Yeah, we always how about some tear talk, that's what we were doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tear talk.
Speaker 2: Hey, we were We were doing our live show at Columbus the other day. And any time it felt like there's a dead period or anything, just yell oh wait and then just.
Speaker 1: Y things happened.
Speaker 7: What really happened during the show is I would be in the middle of telling a story and then he yell oh, and people will just rely and I have to regather myself. Yeah, becase we're in Columbus.
Speaker 10: Billy Madison, what says the whole speech about the dog at the end, he says, like nip hog football rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly what it was. We interrupt this episode to shout out Duke Cannon. No free shoutouts to the boys of Duke Cannon. They are back on the bus and here to keep everyone looking good and smelling great. Everyone knows that the off season is the best time to put in the hard work, and Duke Cannon makes hardworking grooming goods for the hardworking dudes out there, from their thick body wash to their big ass brigg of soap and anti pursprints and theodor and Stuke Cannon has your back and your pits. If I can personally endorse anything is their coal mining face wash. I hit that shit every day twice a day, dude, just like Jack did, Jack sometimes three Jack, go ahead and do the gesture you did again for coal mining face wash. Use code bust and ten at checkout on Duke Cannon dot com for ten percent off courtesy of the boys to you or pick up your favorite products at your local target retailer. You might not want to go into Target, but they got a nice Duke Cannon's got a nice setup in all the the U in the little beauty aisle. They got a nice setup. Your boys like going around and I'm kind of proud about it because I'm like, oh, y know, they repped the boys. Hopefully one day we get hopefully we get a little smell from the boys ourselves on that shelf. But use code busting tenant checkout on Duke Cannon dot com for ten percent off.
Speaker 1: We'll go to your local target retailer. Back to the episode, Okay, what you got for us on tear Talk, Brother, Well, I'll tell you this. My mom's really excited about watching this podcast.
Speaker 10: You loved last time, So maybe we'd go with best Snacks on the road or something I'm supposed to be. I get to like cheat this is and I thought the show was live. Then you all all rehearse.
Speaker 1: No, well the we can go right now. You want to go off the top, like, let's go off the top, no break. Then we all go hey, many yeah, shout out to going on the line. All right, who's going?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Who's going first? You gotta go first. I'm ready. I'm not ready. I'm not ready. Like that, do it? The back of the bust will go. No, there's only you got a guess. It's just us three. We can add a fourth row. I'm not like you go ahead, rip a few. I got it? Is there is there a right answer? No, your opinion. It's your opinion.
Speaker 7: After you, after you do your tier talk, we will all go around and give one word about how we feel about how you did then.
Speaker 1: And then we can argue about it. You know what number one is? You got to start tier three, Tier two, Tier one, you start third? Start you worrying? Yeap? Bring it up? Bring it up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you got four, you put on them a mention. I will go first. I'm gonna give. My honorable mention is going to go to my number one candy, because I don't like to eat candy a whole bunch, but I do like when you're on a long road trip you're feel a little crazy about yourself. The long one, get you some sugar in your boss.
Speaker 1: And that's it.
Speaker 7: Here at the sour Patch kid watermelons, that is that is my honorable mention. My didn't get real Uh, it's gonna get real meaty up here from here on out. It's not gonna be a whole lot of variety. But I will say, as a child especially, this is a level of nostalgia for me. On tier three, I'm gonna give a tip of the cap to the slim gym. A slim gym as a kid, you get one of those boys, man, that is everything to you. My Tier two is just your classic bag of beef jerky. Beef jerky on the way you're getting that protein, you're ride and you feel a little bitter about yourself because you made the healthy decision. And my number one, my tier one is one that I feel like doesn't get enough credit, but it is probably my favorite snack to grab from a gas station.
Speaker 1: And that is the pork rynd. A pork rynd goes a long way.
Speaker 7: You get that a little bit of hot in there, you get the hot sauce is a good crunch, good flavor. It is a It's my number one by far, and that is my tier talk.
Speaker 1: Guys, don't start back there for your word.
Speaker 7: Infinated low carb.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I find it stuck in your teeth.
Speaker 11: That is a sentence salivating. JP liked it. One word to describe the whole thing, Yeah, filling.
Speaker 1: Uh lost me.
Speaker 7: I know it could be a negative word, man, could be whatever you want, sucks wrong, all right, it was one word, not three motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: You can do them out. I can't wait to hear yours. I hope you come with some cereal.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, brother, okay, Uh, I'm gonna get an honorable mission to yeah.
Speaker 1: Kind of ana. Yeah, happy, My god's here. Mine goes there.
Speaker 10: It's like, uh, for a long ride, you needed to keep your mind off the drive. Some flower seeds doing something, you're eating them takes. It's never really ends. You don't need a whole bag.
Speaker 1: That's what you're three.
Speaker 10: I think that's I think that's my honorable mention because it's I don't think about them. But if I need that thing to keep me fidgeting, you know, yeah, takes the place of that at times. I've quit dipping several times by doing some flower seeds, So going, what do you do with it? Nicotine? It's all it is. Helps the focus multitasking. I'm real focus man, upper lip really.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah for Decky and we got him back home already. No week, he's gonna text me a picture of a can. He's like, can't help myself. Then it's awesome. Oh he said, you haven't really quit one time. That's really man ship, right there?
Speaker 1: You expect? Oh yeah, go ahead. Three.
Speaker 10: I assume those come with a pair of those shoes. Don't fucking laugh at hard boys. Don't fucking laugh.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 10: I'm for the exact same reason. Can I use anything that you use? Absolutely? Uh, watermelon side past kids, just because it doesn't really do anything. I feel horribly candy because it doesn't has no purpose. My only diet I ever have is just a what is nutritionally beneficial? If I don't like the snack a lot, but those are awesome. I get those. Airport all the time.
Speaker 1: Uh. My travel is a little different than y'alls.
Speaker 10: I spend my life traveling, so I've got a lot more of like, uh, what would you say, like raps, make a lot of wraps on the bus, that kind of thing. But you're talking strictly gas station. You're talking about snacks you can want do we got to be in the gas station with this for you. I'm talking about in the ailes.
Speaker 7: Okay, if you're on a tour bus of filet mignon, you can't just you know, you kin if you go to bucket BUCkies, Well that's what I'm saying. But anything there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Uh, I'm gonna go number two here to uh chili sweet chili Doritos, the Purple bag did that.
Speaker 10: They have so much flavor that you don't want to eat anything else after. So as far as like ending your snack and you eat those and you're just going to drink a lot of water and ride the number one, I don't know what y'all are doing is beef jerky, like going to the gas stat from getting beef jerkey every time. There's seven compartments on my bus that's got beef jerky stacked in it.
Speaker 8: I'll do my word first. Confused, strong, h solid, solid.
Speaker 1: Veteran road dog. All right, he william I said, strong, you're all positive. What's wild to me is mine so much.
Speaker 7: You had two in the same category as me, but where they are makes a big difference.
Speaker 1: Jerky with two, I know it's it's not closed. Its one. It is jerky.
Speaker 10: And I was gonna give the vicky about that, but I decided it's like, because your bus.
Speaker 1: What do you so?
Speaker 10: You so you just don't like pork rins. No, pork runs are great, okay, it's it's tier eight. It's best because you don't think about pork rounds and you go like, no one's like this guy, I gotta get some port runs.
Speaker 1: Pork grounds is a happenstance.
Speaker 10: You walk them like, oh that looks okay, or your dad or your grandma got the me like, I'll try one.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 7: You have some pork crimes. That ship's fire now. I came in here the other day of pork rinds. They're fire right, thank you, Mitch. So I feel like you know what you did there. I feel you're projecting some people like you're probably going through you know what I mean? My word, brother, I know you got to battle it. I know you're trying to win it back.
Speaker 1: Why of something can because it's my few of mine on my list a list. But he.
Speaker 10: Actually had three words, you'll not briefing me next time. I'm just like, let let everybody else win just.
Speaker 1: In the show.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, William, all right, mine are I'm going to be specific with mine, my tier three. There's no honorable mention my tier three because I love gas station food now, but my tier three is going to be a king size Reese's peanut butter cuffs. Love Reesei's peanut butter cuffs. My tier two Ranch ranch, sunflower seeds. Love ranch some flower seeds my tier one. And I'm with you guys on the jerky train, but specifically the Tarioki beef jerky, whether it's I'll go to that if you you're getting like the Jack Daniels kines. Sometimes I'll try to find me like a sweet Heat, something that's in the clear bag, like something that might be local that you might feel a little bit better about. But it's always like a Tarioki or a sweet Heat beef jerky.
Speaker 1: Good talking thanks seeing on brand, convinced foundational yep.
Speaker 10: On point, I see it, I see it here today, Taylor.
Speaker 1: This is all right, boys, Taylor's in his own movie. He thinks that's everybody's against him right now, all right, all right.
Speaker 7: I did like the sun flow seats. I didn't think about sun flow seats. Those are solid picks. That was my honorable mission seat.
Speaker 1: But it's where it was at.
Speaker 10: How can we liked it? When he said, oh see, now we're getting there. We're getting somewhere now, I will say I was surprised you put it honorable mention. Your specific of ranch was a little necessary to me because I don't think there's another kind of sun flower seats.
Speaker 2: He'll pickle goes a long way. That means that just you said on points, that's what I'm saying. It's because there are some there's a lot of variety out there, but I just get there's I don't look anyway.
Speaker 7: It's unvating right now thinking about them, and it makes you grab that water. We should do gas station drinks too.
Speaker 10: I wish i'd have brought y'all some four seasons to their cigars, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm fired, We're just like sit them on the floor. What about that? Like Logan's you throw the like some flow seats up to your knees. That'd be cool. I like it. Yeah, it'd bey on brand for us, for sure, it really would.
Speaker 10: When do you head off to uh we leave at midnight tonight and that's uh, Lucas oil stadm. Why do you leave at midnight? A lot of people ask that, So you don't For me personally, I don't ride well. I've never ridden. I always drove growing up. I was always the friend that you turned sixteen first had a car or whatever. But I don't ride well. So I have to sleep when I'm on the bus. Uh, and you know you leave it, you know dix an afternoon, It's kind of hard to go to sleep. So I'll wait till i'm like absolutely tired, maybe even drift off and walk downstairs, get on the bus and go back right to sleep. You got you gotta bed on the bus? Yeah, you got a nice bus. It's it's it's it's really nice for me. I was really good about because I didn't do any who support my record doo, meaning my label didn't pay for anything. I pay for all my stuff, bus and everything myself, which is good and bad because I don't have to pay it back later. But it's also they're expensive at least and we just got our third bus. We got an eighteen wheeler and three buses. So I was on first a bus with twelve bunks with like twelve people, which was absolutely miserable and just had a lounge in the back. Then we got two buses, and so I've always stayed with like kind of crappy buses, so that everything seems really nice to me when I get a newer one. Yeah, but this is like an early two thousands bus, like polished brass doorknobs and stuff you know from that era. But it's it's got a bed and uh like three or four bunks in the middle, and you know, a kind of kitchen things. So it's it's nice, you know.
Speaker 2: I feel like when he says he doesn't sleep, well, it's like he doesn't like to like not be in control. I'm always driving part the bungeee the bungee jumping the right in.
Speaker 1: I'll go along with that. I'm I'm not a good rider anyway.
Speaker 10: Like I got several buddies that we would go hunting trips and they'd pull up in their truck and they would just get out and get in the passer seat.
Speaker 1: I drive their truck. They don't. Nobody drives me. You know why is that?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just control. I guess I don't.
Speaker 10: Well, I got somebodies that are, like, you know, making phone calls, doing their taxis. They got the little green visorund stuff whiley're driving.
Speaker 1: I may just get out. Let me you do all that over there because I'm driving.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, going traveling to me is not an experience. I don't enjoy anything about it. I like to get wherever I'm going, so I don't talk. I just, you know, like you won't do whatever you want of road. He'll be a tough road dog. I'm not, but but you would also appreciate because you just be there. Like you Yeah, you don't have to talk to you and stay awake, lay in the back, put pillows, just go to bed and while I wake up when we get there.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, yep, how what's the longest you're driven? At one?
Speaker 10: At one period, I got done playing a show and uh Auburn a few years ago at a fraternity house. Left there at like midnight, got the Jacksonville where I live at two in the morning, picked two of my buddies up. We were going to Wisconsin deer hunt seventeen hours and we were gonna stop every six or so and.
Speaker 1: Really and through the nights.
Speaker 10: They're impressive. But going hunt, you know, like I get fired up on right of rock. I'm going, yeah, that's your Is that your number one fairite thing to do is hunt?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, probably so I enjoy now because I've had some I've killed some big deer. I mean, I'm duck hunt for several years in Turkey, and I enjoy taking people. If I wasn't being as nice, it seemed like when I'm y'all down in the place, I like especially people that haven't really done the lot or haven't had killed a turkey what or like, there's some hunts that I don't care what your beliefs are as far as like, you know, if you don't like hunting, you don't like this, that there's some hunts that I don't care who you are, you would enjoy. You enjoy something about like going duck hunting and being out in the middle of a swamp in the morning, like son just coming up and like knowing that there's no reason anybody else in the planet. It would ever be where you are, like standing in mud in the middle of it, like, that's that's awesome that I didn't get old. We got to get down there. I do want to come check that out. And the video you said of your spot too very impressive. I've got a I've got a nice little cigar room with a bunch of I mean, it's got this kind of a feeling.
Speaker 1: You know. Well, y'all come down there.
Speaker 10: We can we can do I'll come up with some fun game list games, you know, and y'all can do my show down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, we would love to.
Speaker 10: I'll sit in the comfortable chairs. You're not comfortable, No, it's fine. I got all this stuff over here. This in my mine and uh and and y'all can sit on the couch like in a weird angle, and I'll get some of my buddies that that don't have anything to do with it to come, like sit just off in the distance behind some bright lights that you can't look at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you can't tell if they're judging you or just like on on their phone.
Speaker 7: Place they're racking when they're quiet in the back and you're kind of just talking for great.
Speaker 1: A minute it's great. Really, it's a lot of fun. The good crew back there. You guys have any question before we let them go? Are you an Alabama fan or an Auburn fan? Well, he said he's Auburn fan.
Speaker 10: But in the songs from from From from fans, that is a very common confusion. I'm an Auburn fan. But my granddaddy, Lyndon was such a big Alabama fan, and like you know, just was such a fan of him. It was like I kind of had respect for it. So I would say I'm a good Auburn fan. When Auburn Alabama weren't playing and Alba was doing well, I pulled for them to win. There's a lot of Auburn fans through the other way that are just like cheering for any team that Alivan was playing.
Speaker 1: But I you know, it was a few years when.
Speaker 10: Nick Marshall and Cam Newton and Alvin Auburn swaped national championship for like what five years?
Speaker 1: You know your a hype? Yeah, man, pray sure? Ave ever, what do you well? No, what do you think is the best college football conference? A ten?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Who y'all got on? Next?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 3: Who's somebody I guess in your career that you've met or at least knew of that you ended up either really enjoying or vice versa, that you looked up to and then found out they maybe were an asshole or something of that nature.
Speaker 10: That question gets to ask a lot, you know, because my success was so recent, you know, like cause I'm meeting a lot of people and hanging out like people that I was just a big fan of.
Speaker 1: I haven't really met the asshole. That's what everybody wants to know.
Speaker 10: But it's like, I think that in this business, every body has kind of been where you are, and also everybody kind of works together, you know, on Nashville, it's really a small town in the industry, and you kind of can't get away with being like that, you know, so everybody kind of pulls for you, and everybody's been really great to me.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've.
Speaker 10: I was a huge fan of Jamie Johnson growing up and wrote with the week before last at his house, and like just seeing how similar we write and how similar we kind of grew up, and that it really kind of it's motivates you because you realize that all these people that you thought were this giant star or whatever is really just regular people, you know, and I'm still finding that out, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That's sick dude. Writing with Jamie Johnson. Yeah, man, it's a I will tell you this.
Speaker 10: He was tough because a lot of people are right different and some people have like a lot of like they throw a lot of stuff out just random and some of us garbage. Just like there are people that write with that style of just like saying everything, and then sometimes you just pick through it and find stuff the works. Some people kind of write in their head and they'll like try to write a whole verse kind of to their self and then say it, you know. And some people will get really excited when they hear things in Jamie's like just so he didn't give you a lot. So I say a line or whatever, and he just get up, go in the kitchen for a cup coffee and come back sit down, and I'm already thinking about something else because he hates it, you know. He's like, that's one of the best lines ever. I'm like, oh, I've already scribbled it out, Like, yeah, I gotta rewrite that.
Speaker 1: I forgot I forgot the line already. But that's that's the tough thing.
Speaker 10: Is trying to go through the personalities of writing and find out how you write with certain people.
Speaker 1: We'll write a song when you'll come down. Yeah on your show. Yeah, on my show. Nothing to do that, learned to do that. Hey, that'd be fun going down. I just feel like that'll be a good times.
Speaker 10: Uh came in with this is March, right, yep? Okay, last week, Uh goes out the first week in May be it all April. We gotta figure out a time in April. I mean, I'll just text y'all when I'm gonna be off the road and home for a couple of days. By slipping here, y'all can jump and ride down and on a day or two, man.
Speaker 1: You know you're drive.
Speaker 10: It can be the first episode of my hunting show, taking taking y'all out.
Speaker 1: Would you ever want to do a hunting show? I've done them. I'm like your own.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I've co hosted a bunch, but as far as having my own, I don't remember who was it said it, but they had a really cool idea. It was called going in blind. Obviously duck blind, dear blind, but like taking people that have never been or they don't hunt, tell you and explaining all and like let them shoot and do all like I think it'd be really cool, and like getting them different shoes for the terrain.
Speaker 1: It's playing on, skateboarding up to the Turkey.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: I appreciate y'all having me out again. Hey, this is a good time, bro. Thank you. It was kind of a good time the first. Thank y'all for being here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, please subscribe eight five stars and as always, big hugs, tinny kisses.
Speaker 1: Thank you.