Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Getty arm.
Speaker 2: Strong and Jettie and Pee.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Catty Strong, arm Strong and Getty. We're featuring our podcast One More Thing.
Speaker 4: Find it wherever you find all your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Drama in real life.
Speaker 3: What was the last time you took over the One More Thing podcast?
Speaker 2: What was that one about? Was that your health?
Speaker 5: Say?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was type two diabetes?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: That was an interesting story, unfortunate for you, obviously interesting.
Speaker 2: How is that going by it?
Speaker 6: That's going very well.
Speaker 7: Actually, now I have a funny story about that. They want to pump me forward. They wanted to give me a bunch of drugs, and I said, I will change my diet, I will exercise, I've been doing all these things. And one doctor said no, no, no, no, you got to be on these drugs for life. And I've been able to do it without it pretty much, and so I'm not going back to that doctor.
Speaker 2: Two interesting things about that.
Speaker 3: One, I think the doctor's recognizing reality that like ninety five percent of people don't do anything about their diet. But two, the fact that they would push the drugs on you rather than like really push the diet part.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was just reading about the incredible pressure that is on doctors now to see thirty seven patients in a single day, and they are just pushed and pushed and pushed by their corporate overlords.
Speaker 2: And so this doc, I don't know, you're Doc Michael, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Just guessing, but it could be he's thinking, I don't have time for the You got to take care of yourself, and here's how lecture. And then when you hem and haw say all right, here's the other alternative, blah blah blah, or why didn't you come back and see me in a week because you can't get an appointment for three and a half months. So he just thinks, let's cut to the chase. Take these pills, get now, get I gotta go see.
Speaker 2: Thirty six more patients. Well there's that.
Speaker 3: And then not to be the conspiracy guy, but I mean, if you prescribe medicine, somebody's paying for it and somebody's receiving money, so there's got.
Speaker 2: To be some incentive.
Speaker 3: Someone might not be the doctor, but there's got to be an incentive somewhere along the line to have you taking drugs as opposed to eating better, right, I mean, people make money if you don't eat better.
Speaker 7: I was told that they have medical reps come by all the time. Oh yeah, promoting drugs ywh.
Speaker 5: Well and big pharma allegedly. And I don't know whether this motivates people a little or a lot. We'll have a four day conference on how Zunetra can help your patients. It's in Maui. It's at the fourth Seasons. There's a twenty five minute meeting each morning where you talk about Zunetra. Then you're free for the rest of the day, expenses paid.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't talked about this in years, but I used to be friends with somebody who was a pharmaceutical rep and just lived two houses down for me, And so she would book these really expensive day at the most expensive place in town. But if they didn't have all the seats filled, they were gonna get paid for anyway. She'd say, Hey, I got two extra seats. So we would go and eat the meals and hang around. And sometimes I'd have to like kind of pretend I was a doctor or something like that if somebody asked me a question, but they were getting wined and dined at the most expensive place in town with an open bar and everything like that, to tell them about some drug and there'd be a five minute slideshow about the drugs and then you get like a three hundred dollars meal for free.
Speaker 5: Oh I'd make hay with that opportunity. Man, I turn to my left and say, what do you prefer? Viruses or bacteria?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, to be at the same table with you two pretending to be doctors.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: I was always dreading if somebody actually asked me if fractures there's something, aren't they I don't know what I would say.
Speaker 2: Oh, I tell you what, Yeah, I hate to see it, but you gotta.
Speaker 1: Deal with it.
Speaker 3: Imm wrong, So I told him, don't do that anyway. Let's wait for the stake to show up. Oh the other thing there, I knew there were there were Actually there was another thing now I've forgotten.
Speaker 2: I'm Joe Biden. Like man, I do notice when I don't get enough sleep that I can't.
Speaker 3: Remember near as well my sentences now my sentences in the middle, and I can't finish, can't remember the end.
Speaker 2: The Oh.
Speaker 3: The direct relationship between eating better and your your body changing or getting better numbers.
Speaker 2: Even though that's obviously clearly.
Speaker 3: True, I'm always still somewhat surprised, like I eat really good and look I'm a couple of pounds lighter, or the opposite, I eat really bad and I'm.
Speaker 2: A couple of pounds every year.
Speaker 3: It's just, even though I know it's true, to see it like in black and white in front of me is always just a little something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like the old I feel better after a drink or two the next morning than I did after the night I had seven. I'll be damned, I've only learned that lesson five million times.
Speaker 2: Right, Anyway, what's your tale today, Michael?
Speaker 6: Okay, so here we go.
Speaker 7: Yesterday had to get my teeth cleaned, and I have a very good dental hygienis who I've had for years.
Speaker 6: He's really gentle, she does teeth well. She doesn't do no hurt, no pain.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 7: So I show up the dentist yesterday and it turns out she's not there, and I had didn't know this. She goes, we have somebody else though, that will take you. And so I get this person. And now you put it this way, I'm still tasting blood today from them scraping.
Speaker 2: Brune Hilda, the cruel.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 2: No, nobody in this scenario speaks English.
Speaker 3: And it was in a garage and Rioalnda correct, No, no, no, actual dental practice.
Speaker 6: Actual dental practice. Good place.
Speaker 7: But I don't know if this was a new employee or what the deal was, but uh, she was really rough.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 7: You put the tube in to suck the water out, and she was just jamming it down there.
Speaker 6: Physical reaction, this was crazy.
Speaker 2: When did she leaves?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: And then I guess she got behind on our schedule, and so the doctor had come to her and said, said, you know, is he almost done?
Speaker 6: She goes, well, it's gonna be a few minutes, just a few minutes.
Speaker 7: And then all of a sudden, she starts putting the polish on my teeth and rubbing as fast as you can, starts grabs the water and just starts squirting my mouth. You know, just it's just crazy.
Speaker 2: So wow, that's terrible. So you like a car wash wash?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Literally, So just we're running out of time.
Speaker 5: So you picked up the poker and you stabbed her with it, and you wonder, what were you in the right.
Speaker 6: Somebody that doesn't like conflicts.
Speaker 7: So I just held on for dear life and I just put up with it, and I'm fine, but I'm debating do I called him and let them know, Hey, this person was really rough. This is terrible because I got to go back there in a few months and it.
Speaker 2: Was really painful. Per well. He asked two questions.
Speaker 3: The first one I've had before where it's like, the last person's better at this, but I don't want to make another appointment. I need to get this done now, and so it's not just conflict avoid and it's like the reality of trying to get the person you like better. So that's that's one thing. But then the complain, Hell, yea, is I'm complaining?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 7: It was funny during the whole procedure though. She goes, I, no, you're just laying there. She goes, I take that as a compliment. It means that I'm not hurting you. And I'm thinking, is this a common thing? Are people saying to her?
Speaker 2: You scream? She thinks everything's going fine. Yes, that's a really weird thing. She said, that's so odd.
Speaker 8: I would definitely call Michael and maybe just say something along the lines of could I not be with this individual the next time because.
Speaker 2: That was a little uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I would go ahead and say why it was extremely uncomfortable. It was the most painful cleaning I've ever had.
Speaker 2: Say that. Yeah, that's that's perfectly reasonable to say.
Speaker 3: It's like when I used to talk about my man Pong, the phlebotomist draw blood for me. I would always call and see if Pong was there because he could do it where you didn't feel a thing. And I love Pong, but he quit and uh, and other people aren't as good. But I've never had anybody jab me in the side of the year with the needle and say sorry about that.
Speaker 7: I just want her to look at me next time I go and say, oh, you're the one that called. You're the one that got me in trouble, or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my brother, don't think it would go like that. I told the story years ago when my brother went into the hospital is here here in the local area, and man, the president of the hospital, ended up meeting me in the parking lot. After I told this story on the air, they were so worried. But anyway, they were trying to put an IV in my brother, and the guy just kept having to do it over and over and over again and jab him over.
Speaker 2: And over again.
Speaker 3: And my brother's incredibly stoic as a military dude and all that sort of stuff. It's part of his whole personality that he would never ever act like anything hurt underneath circumstance. But they really guy was, and the guy actually says to him, I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 3: I was at the casinos really late last night and just kept jelly oh, And I.
Speaker 2: Was like, dude, you gotta tell him. Nah. The only time I've ever had someone miss I. Oh, we're into this. Yeah, it's good for you.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, she missed three times and I want three strikes. You're out, You're done. I'm not doing this again. And I walked out, made another appointment. This was before it took eight months to get your blood drawn, though.
Speaker 2: But yeah, wow, wow.
Speaker 5: It's interesting because getting back to the whole doctors more than dentists. But it's just in my lifetime, the whole doctor patient relationship has evolved from I know you for years and years. You're like my partner in health. There's a great deal of respect for you. There's concern for me. Now, it's more like getting a burger out of a fast food joint. To some extent, I've got a great doc right now, but I've had a couple that were terrible, that were just they well, it was like eating a burger from a fast food joint. So I don't you know, Michael, I would. I would remember, you're a customer who's paying a great deal for a service, and there are other service providers and dentists are are skilled people and they're caring and the rest of it.
Speaker 2: But they're not They're not gods, they're not priests.
Speaker 3: I don't think this would be a bad way to handle you. Say, this is a deal I make with everybody. Whatever you do to me, I'm gonna do to you. Just keep that in mind.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's an idea.
Speaker 2: I brought my tools, and so you know you might own you think that over. You show up with your own tool, right you.
Speaker 5: And you say, I'm gonna give as much pain as I get, at least get started.
Speaker 3: If it's to you exactly, because you're a move ball is in your court.
Speaker 2: If I feel nothing, you feel nothing, That's what I'll do.
Speaker 6: I'll walk up to the receptionist. Scrape your teeth a little bit. Say does that hurt?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: Guess what that's what she did to me.
Speaker 2: Plot your hose, spray her with it right the face. How do you like it? Eh? Okay, hold still, lady, You're gonna feel a little pressure.
Speaker 12: Jack Armstrong and Joe The Armstrong and Gaddy Show.
Speaker 3: Fancy Armstrong Getty Show featuring our podcast One more Thing.
Speaker 13: We do a new one every day. Find it wherever you find your podcast. So maybe you became aware of this meme, this clip that went viral. As they do, I'm gonna start saying that just to annoy people. The clip went viral. Oh, let's start with the number six. This is the lady standing next to the partition in the plane, looking back toward the back section of the plane, chewing somebody out.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, and there's a reason.
Speaker 9: Or should not believe it, but I am telling you right now.
Speaker 2: There is not real and you can die.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to It's been a while now, and I just saw a little bit of it and there was something about the pitch of her voice.
Speaker 2: I just thought I'm out. So I haven't paid any attention to it.
Speaker 5: Attractive white girl pointing to the back of the plane, saying this m effort is not real.
Speaker 8: The best part is when the entire plane they all turn around to look at what is she talking about?
Speaker 2: All right? Is what not real? What do you mean? Not real? Not real? And then she hit some with you can die on this plane, but I'm not. I'm getting off. Who's not real?
Speaker 5: So you know, it obviously lent itself beautifully to various meanings about you know, who was on the who was in the plane that was not real, or what she meant.
Speaker 2: And that sort of thing. It exploded as those things do. Well.
Speaker 5: Here she is, I guess her name's Tiffany, which was perfect. She's explaining what the hell happened.
Speaker 2: First and foremost.
Speaker 11: I want to take full accountability for my actions. They were completely unacceptable. Distress or not I should have been. I should have been in control of my emotions and that was not the case.
Speaker 3: My use of.
Speaker 11: Profanity was completely unnecessary, and I want to apologize to everyone on that plane, especially those that had children aboard. We all have our bad moments, some far worse than others, and mine happened to be caught on camera for the whole world. To see multiple times.
Speaker 2: Sorry, all right, sound.
Speaker 3: Like mini mouths.
Speaker 11: It has been really comic goal for everyone, and I have highly enjoyed so many of the means. On the flip side, it is very invasive and unkind, and I don't know what I would do without the love and support of my friends and family.
Speaker 2: I hope you use this experience.
Speaker 11: And you do a little bit of good in the world, and that I hope that you guys can accept my apologies.
Speaker 5: Please make it. You don't owe me an apology. I don't care now. I'd read that she got in a dispute with some family only members she was traveling with about whether they stole her earbuds or EarPods or whatever, and that it escalated the where it turned to this plane's gonna crash, You're gonna die. I'm getting off. I don't know whether she was psychotic. She didn't sound drunk, but she might be one of those people who sounds pretty, you know, sharp, even when she's hammered.
Speaker 8: Yes, No, I was just gonna say that video explained nothing. She did not tell us how many acid tablets she dropped before getting.
Speaker 2: On that plane.
Speaker 3: Yes, she never got to the realness or lack thereof of the gentleman in the back of the plane, which is the is the thing and I didn't know is apologizing for hilarious memes a thing? Now you have to go and post a video where I take full responsibility for this hilarious meme.
Speaker 2: What is that? I kind of.
Speaker 8: Felt bad for her because after this video surfaced, you know, it went everywhere, and then the next headline following was the inner Internet trying to figure out who she was, right, So all these you know, Internet sleuths were digging to get her information and now she finally, you know, she had to block all of her stuff on social media, so it was a headline on top of a headline.
Speaker 2: So yeah, just trying to clear herself.
Speaker 3: God help you if you ever become one of these people, because I'm sure it gets into They get into every aspect of your life and you know, what you did in high school and your ex boyfriend from college and everything else all of a sudden appears in the world.
Speaker 2: But she did.
Speaker 3: So is there still any explanation for the.
Speaker 2: The that mf or isn't real?
Speaker 5: Well, there's there's more to the clip that I don't know, but there's more to the clip. You can sit on this plane and you can effing die with them or not. I'm not going to as we heard, she demanded that the crew quote stop the plane, and the aircraft was brought back to the gate and she was ejected.
Speaker 2: We've all had our bad moments, Joe. She takes full responsibility. It's a good point.
Speaker 5: She then allegedly refused to leave the boarding area, continued to rent while being escorted outside the terminal, where she repeatedly scored officers insisted the plane would explode after takeoff. She then snuck through security a couple of more times, or attempted to, or went through security a couple more times, and they kicked her out of the terminal again.
Speaker 3: Man, she's lucky she did this in twenty twenty three and not in like twenty twelve, or she would have been duct taped to the cargo hold of the plane back when we took all this sort of stuff. So, seriously, how do you.
Speaker 8: Get ejected from a flight and then get back through security? How does that happen? Because aren't you on some list or something.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, she's just they said, look, you gotta get out of here. Go she said, hey, then.
Speaker 5: Turn around, walked over to the security again and went through again, got screened.
Speaker 2: Can I hear the original clip again? Because that's that's that's new to me, the whole He's not real, I'm telling.
Speaker 9: You, and there's a reason why.
Speaker 2: Can you either believe it or not believe it? How that I am telling you right now? There is no real and you can die it.
Speaker 1: Not I'm not.
Speaker 2: So Yeah, everybody's like, who's not real? Everybody back there looks real to me.
Speaker 8: And the Internet, my gosh, it's totally the Internet I signed up for. All these people were taking this video and splicing it. So with that, I'm ever right there, and then they turned the camera to themselves.
Speaker 2: They're like, I'm here is a good story. Oh boy, the poor lady. I'm glad you took a responsibility though. Yeah, that was good.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show, Yeah more John or Joe podcasts and our hot links.
Speaker 3: Fancy Armstrong and Getty Show featuring our podcast one more Thing. We do a new one every day. Find it wherever you find your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Before we get to.
Speaker 5: The great Tony Bennett National Treasure, I'm told this is Roger Waters of the Pink Floyd, as they were known in London, with a new version of his as from Dark Side of the Moon Money Michael.
Speaker 2: Money. Wow, you're right. It is kind of Leonard cohenesque. Good job with Moldy and you. Okay, that's a great song. It's kind of a weird version of it. You know, Roger Waters is ancient.
Speaker 1: And not snap.
Speaker 2: Can we just acknowledge that he sounds like he's going to kill me in my sleep?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: What is he going for?
Speaker 1: Cash?
Speaker 5: If you knew your politics, you probably would. Okay, I suppose that's enough of that. That's weirdly appealing. Honestly, Look, he's a brilliant artist. It's always been all kind of quirky. Now he's ancient, nuts. It doesn't diminish what he's done. I don't hate him for it. He's wrong about a lot of stuff. But you know, if you're a conservative and Jack, I'm sure or you'd agree, Katie, anybody if you eliminated all of your favorite creative artists because their politics were wacky, it would leave you with a fairly narrow range of things to listen to, right, Sure we should shut.
Speaker 2: Up about it though, Yeah, he could do that.
Speaker 5: Except for I guess country music is the bastion of at least some conservatism. I don't listen to much modern country. If you were to, like take a wild guest jacket, it's a political orientation like percentage wise or however you want to put on.
Speaker 3: Such as some musicians, I still would bet it's overwhelming left overwhelmingly left leaning.
Speaker 2: I would guess, hmmm, yeah, well, or do they just act like that so that they don't get canceled.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they probably know you got to keep it to yourself. As the guitar player with Miranda Lambert, who voted for Bernie Sanders, I'm sure I don't know that, but I mean, I'm sure you'd have to.
Speaker 2: Keep it to yourself. I'm sure you pick up on that pretty quickly.
Speaker 5: But a lot of those like pickup truck I'm my best girl by the lake drinking beer.
Speaker 2: That strikes me as kind of maga ish.
Speaker 5: I don't have any idea, Yeah, which is fine. When I was there in my pickup truck. I never had a pickup truck with my best girl by the lake. It may have been by the lake, it was by Lake Michigan drinking beer. Check and make it out, et cetera. It's funny our politics didn't come up, so who cares anyway? Speaking of ancient singers, the great Tony Bennett has passed. Perhaps you heard that five hundred times over rated. I thought he was fine, and he had a long career, and he had a really, really long career. It's like Tina Turner, who was amazingly talented, especially in her younger days, but it became one of those things where the longer she lived, Oh, she had a great story of courage and overcoming abuse in the rest of it. I'm not demeaning her as a person or a performer at all, but if you're around long enough, you.
Speaker 2: Get like this sainthood thing put on.
Speaker 3: Here's why I don't like Tony Bennett and Katie You're you're no enough to the show.
Speaker 2: You don't know.
Speaker 3: It's kind of my thing to say negative things about people who just passed. Okay, it really makes people angry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, wow, Jack too soon.
Speaker 6: I just beg him, let it take go by.
Speaker 2: But no, he's got to stick in the night.
Speaker 3: I don't know why that is. I just I need to point it out. The day they die, I just thought I just said it was so week Tony Bennett. You we know you left your heart in San Francisco. We've known that quirk quite a few decades. Just do something, do something else. Just quit quit with that all the time. Well, a lot of my favorite arts. You have a big hit when you're younger, and then you move on to completely different things, maybe like reinvent yourself completely, not just do the same freaking thing over and over and over every show you're ever on until you're too old.
Speaker 2: But walk what now? He became a painter. He is a pretty good painter. But good for him.
Speaker 5: Again, if you want to hear him horrible the old songs or team up with Lady Gaga, go ahead.
Speaker 2: It's just a whole.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Tony Bennett, Oh my god, he's such a such a legend. It's like he's a singer. It's fine, he's a good singer. But that's all he is. Was he a nice fella?
Speaker 2: Tell me about it?
Speaker 8: What do all these people that when there's a celebrity death, their day gets ruined like they personally knew them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's pretty hard for me. That doesn't happen very often with me. What was I gonna say, what did he die from?
Speaker 2: Time? Yeah? Okay, being ancient, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Michael tells us that, let's see this is a he was on the first Tonight Show episode.
Speaker 2: Let's hear that clip number five.
Speaker 10: There's one of the great singers in the world. I think Frank Sinan from Once said about Tony he is the greatest singer in the world. And he was a guest of mine on the very first show we did October one, nineteen sixty two out.
Speaker 2: Of New York, Johnny Robert remember the very first show, Yeah, very well. It was a great exciting night like tonight.
Speaker 10: It was, you know, you were on the show with the late Joan Crawford, Rudy Valley and mel Brooks.
Speaker 2: Bill Brooks. It was like a long time ago. It was a long time ago. And is uh six just part of that, Michael? Or is that different?
Speaker 6: I know it's different. Is Larry King?
Speaker 2: Oh y boy, I'm sorry it.
Speaker 11: Has I've gained four notes on the bottom and thank god I'm sixty six.
Speaker 2: But the top no losses on the time, the great Tony Bennett.
Speaker 3: We're gonna pause is to Benett the singer singers, So not to call him the best.
Speaker 2: I may he lived forever. That's interesting.
Speaker 3: So he got older and he got the ability to sing lower notes, but didn't lose any of us highend I didn't know that was a thing.
Speaker 2: Good for good for him. He's a good singer. I've conceded that. Johnny Carson in nineteen sixty two. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: The only defense I can make of being like sad when a a celebrity passes, if you're especially I mean, if you really really admired them and thought they had more to do.
Speaker 2: And or that.
Speaker 5: It's just sometimes it's a slap in the face that reminds you of mortality right or in the third Although I tend not to like wallow around in nostalgias, just not the way I'm made, Although you know I have no.
Speaker 2: Right to, I guess criticize people who do.
Speaker 5: But sometimes it reminds you of what I was discussing with my daughter over the weekend.
Speaker 2: We had a bit of a family reunion.
Speaker 5: I talked on the air about my brother's retirement ceremony from the Navy, and my daughter was talking about going back to the town she grew up in and seeing that the park they used to hang up with hang out in rather is now surrounded by apartment buildings, and it used to be in that beautiful hillside is now a parking lot, and the past isn't there anymore, And sometimes you're reminded of that, and because you have this weird feeling that all you have to do is go back and visit it. Anybody who's ever gone to a class reunion knows that the past ain't there anymore.
Speaker 2: It's gone.
Speaker 5: And sometimes when one of your beloved you know, artists or creative artists or whatever from your youth goes, you realize, that's right.
Speaker 2: My youth is gone, and Nate coming back.
Speaker 3: Ever, can you come up with a celebrity whose death would affect you like really affect.
Speaker 2: Would or has either?
Speaker 5: When when Neil Pierre, the drummer from Rush and Lyricists died, I knew that band was dead forever and one of the great musicians ever on earth was gone, and I thought, oh crap.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not like I was devastated. It was just sad. Oh crap.
Speaker 3: It's not the same as like like our old newsperson. She once said that if Madonna dies, I will have to take the next day off of work.
Speaker 8: Right, that's the reaction that I was kind of going with, like the people that go straight to the internet and post oh god, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not big on making a show of my grief either, but no, I don't think so. I mean, I'm thinking about my my musical heroes because they don't particularly give a damn about actors. I mean, they're really good at their jobs, but I don't think they're saints either. No, my greatest musical heroes, if they pass, I'll just be sad and think, you know, that's too bad.
Speaker 2: Who's what's the name of the you know what I mean? Vern guy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was the one that hit me.
Speaker 5: Jim Varney, Ernest Great Jim Jim Arnest Arnest What Ernest?
Speaker 2: Was that his character?
Speaker 6: That's his character?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right right, the Great. Let me try this again. We can edit this in post.
Speaker 5: The Great Jim Ernest Varney. His passing was devastating.
Speaker 2: Can you come up with one Katie celebrity that would affect you?
Speaker 8: I think well, the one that the one that I really I was sad about was Robin Williams. That one was brutal, because I mean, I grew up my mom and I still do the Hello from Missus, doubtfire and.
Speaker 2: Stuf like that.
Speaker 8: So, I mean I grew up with those movies, that one, that one hit.
Speaker 5: Well, and he was young and his death was terrible. Yeah, so on a human level, Yeah, Okay, I'm trying to think anybody else, I mean Jack, I mean if but that would be more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if you guys died, that would be a bummer on a number of levels, more of a practical one, difficulty.
Speaker 5: Gavin Newsom has prayed for that, but has so far unfulfilled. Nope, I no, I would be sad, like if speaking of Rush, if geedty Lee died it was one of my greatest musical heroes, that would be very sad.
Speaker 2: But I'll go on. I'll still show up for work. I wonder if that does coincide with UH views of the world.
Speaker 3: I'll bet it does. I'll bet it does too. I mean, the other the flip side of it, sure sounds right, the lefty worship of well musicians and writers and actors, And you don't tend to if you're more conservative in your politics, you don't tend to worship these people in the first place. So you kind of have to worship in the first place, to have to get super busted up when they die.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, are you a rationalist or an emotionalist? And emotions are good and healthy, and obviously you need to be rational, But I think some people are one or the other. I've always said that. One of the reasons I'm so adamant about not letting emotionalists take over government and the Constitution and the courts and the rest of it is I'm enough of one to know how crazy that would be. If the rationalist part of us loses control, We're doomed. Like I always say, compassion without order is chaos. In order without compassion is brutality. We don't want to one.
Speaker 12: Of those Jack Armstrong and Joe I'm Strong and Getty show.
Speaker 3: Hey, well I'm Strong and Getty. We're featuring our podcast one more thing.
Speaker 4: Find it wherever you find all your podcasts.
Speaker 5: Used to be that the moron Nobody's of the world didn't have a TV studio, didn't have a broadcast tower, didn't have a distribution deal. But now everybody does, which is actually kind of entertaining at times. And some fabulous talent has you know, come to people's attention. On the other hand, you got your TikTok, where jackasses and freaks and weirdos of every description are sharing their freakyzoid weird onness with you. And often it's annoying, sometimes it's amusing, sometimes it's educational.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard this one yet, Michael has described it to us. Does it need any introduction?
Speaker 7: Really, Michael, Actually I'm not familiar with this clip or you're not.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, this is one of mine. Not really. She's just walking through a neighborhood running her mouth.
Speaker 5: And she's from Australia, apparently. All right, let's listen to it.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say it.
Speaker 9: There are too many American flags, Like they're in houses, they're on cars, some them on couch cushions. Like I don't know who's making these American flags, but they'd be making a bloody fortune. I'm like, you're the only country that I know that does this. Like the other time I think I've ever seen an Australian flag is like on the Harbor Bridge. I could not tell you what it looks like. Like, I know it's like blue and it's got some stars on it, but I think I could draw the American flag from memory, like, I think I could make a bloody sculpture out of it. That's how many times I've seen it. It's enough, let's pull back on it, Okay, let's stay humble.
Speaker 5: So I'm torn by twin impulses. Number one, you're an ignoran amus. You're the young twit with a TikTok account. Why would I dignify your stupidity with any sort of response.
Speaker 6: She got kicked in the head back kangaroo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well played, Michael. So that's one of my responses. And that's about run fifty to fifty with explaining to her, sweetheart, you're a commonwealth of the Crown and Australia has some reasonably enlightened twentyieth century Western ideas in it, and that's a nice enough country. There are problems with your governance, but I don't want to get into Australian politics, partly because I don't give.
Speaker 2: A But.
Speaker 5: What you need to understand, my Aussie darling, is that the United States is the first country ever formed not on a nationality like an actual you know, a community of people of the same origin or faith or whatever. It was founded on a set of ideas and it succeeded wildly and became the most important country maybe in the history of the world, the Roman Empire, notwithstanding they lasted for quite a while, but certainly in the modern era. And we're super duper proud of not only our success but our ideas. We feel like we've carved out a big, giant area where the worst of humanity can't do its worst. We're oppressors and kings and torturers and despots.
Speaker 2: We don't let them in here.
Speaker 5: We have a set of principles and we live by them, and everybody's got the opportunity to be happy and successful. Australia is great, but it's nothing close to what we're talking about. And I would suggest if people aren't like super proud of Australia, oh yeah, they're kind of just eh, well, that's kind of that's the answer that makes the question irrelevant.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't care? We do?
Speaker 5: Why don't you spend a couple of minutes figuring out why we all care so much? Why a lot of us care so much?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 8: And if you think about her mentality behind making that video, she obviously thought that she had a point, right, that she wanted to get out there. Yeah, my advice to her, don't use like every third word.
Speaker 2: Why does like America have like so many like bloody.
Speaker 8: Flags like like like like like like like I don't love ear blood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't want to call for the silencing of people in their teens and early twenties, certainly speaking of the principles by which we live here, First Amendment, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Woof. I mean, that's a high horse Joe.
Speaker 5: On the other hand, as I've said before, perhaps even in my own offspring, Okay, you just walked into the giant, vast shopping mall of ideas. You're literally in the lobby, and you're explaining to me what all the best ideas are.
Speaker 2: How about you walk.
Speaker 5: Around the mall for a few years, try some of those ideas, kick them around, see how they work out.
Speaker 2: Maybe even walk.
Speaker 5: To the other end of the mall and back before you start lecturing people who've lived in the mall for a long time.
Speaker 2: I like that a lot. I like that a lot.
Speaker 5: Of course, the mall of Ideas is shut down because everybody's shopping for their ideas.
Speaker 2: Of the Internet.
Speaker 5: That Amazon, Yeah, exactly, exactly, so many bloody flags like Marxists shrimp on the Barbie eaten. I'm sorry, I should I apologize.
Speaker 8: Yeah, look at Australia, what do you guys have a lot of bloody spiders and bugs that make people not even want to visit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like literally, like the most animals like that can kill you, like of any country on like Earth. Seriously, look at the crocodile hunter r ip oh.
Speaker 2: I always hated him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I always hated the crocodile Dundee movies as well, remember those.
Speaker 2: By the way, have you seen his son?
Speaker 8: His son is a miniature version of him doing the exact same thing that his dad was doing. Total nature conservation and whatnot.
Speaker 2: But a twin. It's amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 5: They ran the daughter up the flagpole for a while and I don't know if she didn't catch on or didn't like it much or whatever, but yeah, the sun is the spitting image of the late dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the daughter went off.
Speaker 8: She had she got married and had a family and whatnot, so she kind of went out of the limelight. But the son, Robert is his name, Oh, bloody amazing, like right with.
Speaker 2: His face right up next to some sort of pit viper and all shoes and it bites him. Go that's fun.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I wonder why that happened. Typical bossy. I'm back to being bitter
Speaker 1: The armstrong and getty show y r Jia Morgoe podcasts and our hot links and