Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and.
Speaker 2: Archived on YouTube.
Speaker 1: And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show. America a brand new hour on a brand new show, and here we go. Teachers are ready even though it's May and they can see summer coming.
Speaker 2: I see you teachers.
Speaker 1: Watching on YouTube and Guatemala, Ella j Georgia. Greg looks like the was it imb e W one thirty six? I be e w Inter National Brotherhood of the Left Cork.
Speaker 2: What number were you? I was three ninety one.
Speaker 3: They're ready, Little River Materials ready, Alexander Highway, Alexandria Highway and Jacksonville, Waterloo, Detroit.
Speaker 2: I mean it just goes on and on and on. I see you America. Who's ready.
Speaker 1: Rednecks everywhere in Kentucky are ready.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Kentucky had a way to be honest.
Speaker 2: Auburn, Tennessee is ready. Here we go.
Speaker 1: And a good time we will have a lot to do on the program today. The gang all here, speedy, Greg Adler, as we watch the.
Speaker 2: Tech nations, text nations say.
Speaker 1: I'm here, I'm here, I'm here. There's Huntsville Hospital, They're ready, Laurel, Mississippi's ready. My goodness, look at all the Fort Rutger is ready.
Speaker 2: I saw la J. Georgia.
Speaker 1: L J came up. Come on, come on there, all of it. They just keep on coming. There's Pennsylvania again, they're there every day, Peachtree City, and in Georgia, Pensacola.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 1: Your mama is ready, Silver Creek's ready, Mississippi ready morning from the sip. I mean, it just goes on and on.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Tubers, y'all all ready, we see you, We see you, tubers. Thank y'all.
Speaker 1: Who lots to do today?
Speaker 2: Lots lot have We got a lot to unpack today. All right, So breaking news. Black smoke rises on day two of conclave. What are more votes expected today? That means having two thirds of the majority. They didn't get there, and so they keep on going. Yeah, white smoke when they get it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know a lot about the time.
Speaker 2: I know a thing or two about Clay just letting you know.
Speaker 1: I'm just letting you have you I'm a Baptist. Suddenly I know about the Catholic thing. It just in, Oh, I know about Vatican City.
Speaker 2: This just in black smoke. So black smoke it is, and the black smoke anything.
Speaker 1: By the way, you can get the bell ready. You know I have been to the Vatican City.
Speaker 2: Have you really? Yes? I have. It's uh so you stood there. Yes, I have friends. Georgie is good.
Speaker 1: I love text Nation still be passionately wrong, but I love.
Speaker 2: They will read Gregg's dog. Milly is ready. That's that's funny. Yes, he's ready to cheose something up for some reason. Your mam is ready on me. That's fine. I got to look at that number. It might be actually my mom. Yeah that would be fun Gosh, that's good.
Speaker 1: It's not our mom.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 1: Uh uh. We we do have a lot to unpack today, so let's do a little housework. Voting continues on make Mama Smile again, so we'll have the winner on Monday. Right, choppers that in the game will come in.
Speaker 2: We should have named it Mama's New Choppers. Mama's New Choppers. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Hey, CHRISTI overre she's ready to go counting votes.
Speaker 2: Like there's no tomorrow and they're coming in. Good gracious, they're coming in.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're coming in like crazy.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: So I was getting copied on every vote and there's so many coming in. It was like it's shutting down my email. They had to make any joke.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sures you were getting to email every vote, every vote you would afford to me and let me know, hey, vote vote and I showed.
Speaker 1: You, Greg.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just need to get the number, not the notification.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no wins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a notification you'd.
Speaker 1: Like to get giving away a hunting trip with giving away all kinds of in our sweet sweet home Alabama. Sweet coming up next hunting season. Yep, if you want to enter that, that's at the contest button as well.
Speaker 2: What if you get the hunting trip and you get a pair of you could be a good nice smile.
Speaker 1: In the picture, right, Uh, Adler, Can we have a mister Chin update?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's good. I noticed you. Would you ever say he's.
Speaker 6: Not doing we're chilling? Yeah, he's great. If he changes color, you know, any any given time, that's not because I bought a new one. It's because they do that sometimes.
Speaker 1: Okay, buddy, we're not children.
Speaker 6: Now he's doing great. He's doing great.
Speaker 2: You know that's a great point. I mean they all look so much alike. He could just drop a new one in there, wouldn't.
Speaker 6: Never cares special.
Speaker 2: By the way, here's somebody, yeah, yeah, Greg, did you we told that story? Didn't know?
Speaker 1: We didn't. We couldn't. By the way, I want you to picture this. Somebody said for me today you all are going all the way with me. I am driving from Louisville, Kentucky to Idaho.
Speaker 2: Wo wow. So we will we will do that. You know a story we didn't get to yesterday that I want to make sure we break down is the whopper at Burger King. What about back in the day, and it's been a couple of years, I think twenty two we had mentioned that Burger King was being sued because of the whopper and the size of the patty and the way they claim it's all you know, it's bigger than anything else or whatever. Well, now it's time they have to defend themselves. They they went that they tried to get it thrown out and it just says no. And I think there's nineteen people suing burger King.
Speaker 1: Wait, they're soon because the whoppers claim to be bigger than it actually is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we'll do the story. They will basically defend their whopper and others that they present in a commercial as being a certain size.
Speaker 1: Look, ain't the only ones that can be accused of that? No, Now, I've never really who's burger actually is. This build is bigger and that's in the time, and it looks like a biscuit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: A sausage biscuit with a bigger I don't know about you, guys. I never like measure the burger when I order it.
Speaker 2: If I ever do to a fast food I just opened the wrapping and eat it. I mean, have you ever like, look, I'll look at that.
Speaker 1: It's a little smaller and it's not an advertised I mean on the one that was called bigger, I did because I went, that's bigger than the others.
Speaker 2: Well, my guys, they must have looked like popcorn.
Speaker 1: Well all of us, I think, speedy though, have been able to as Greg said, iball it I over the years. Oh yeah, I've noticed it serving size. I'm just about everything we're given except for the French fries at five guys. The serving size on everything seems to be reduced.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. In my opinion, the Whopper has been around since nineteen fifty seven, and now they have to defend their Whopper ads in federal court after customers are suing them for fraud. Here's what I did.
Speaker 1: That's a little much, But I will say this, If you're gonna call it the Whopper, it better be a big one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot of pressure, lot to live up to. There.
Speaker 1: I want you to know. Text Nation, which you just text is a line I was going to use and I thought better of it. But thank you for texting it. Somehow that gave me some relief. Oh, I see that. But what I was will break it down. I would like to if I were there, and there's no way to do it if I could, because I'm sure they reduced it as well. I would love to see the original Whopper, and I would love to put it now by the Whopper Whopper Junior and see I have a Whopper Juniors even way smaller than it would really Well, that's what I mean. I bet you the current Whopper is the old Whopper Junior.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't have one I'm just spitballing here, but I'm telling you I'm a fan of the Whopper.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the Whopper is not a bad one. But you know, in twenty twenty two, Burger King tried to demit if they could get this dismissed, and the judge turned them down. So now they have to defend themselves. Now they are people's claiming that they misled customers by falsely advertised and the Whopper and other menu items and commercials. Nineteen people are suing Burger King. That's funny. Twenty they advertise the burger as a large burger, larger burger compared to competitors by showing the Whopper containing oversized meat patties and ingredients that overflow over the bun to make it appear that the burger is approximately thirty five percent larger in size. Lawsuit. I know, and it contained more than double the meat than the actual burger, according to the lawsuit. According This is a USA Today reported.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't expect that much from my burger joints, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: They shrink over the years. Here's the move they love to do. Big bun, not a big patty. That's right. But here's what you look at, the big bungle man. That's a big burger. Then you get off in there and you know what bothers me about this lawsuit. We couldn't get a twentieth person.
Speaker 2: I know that the nineteen from thirteen different states.
Speaker 1: Doesn't it feel better if you said twenty people are suing over this nineteen? No, you gotta find sure there's one more party. Even if it's not, there's got to be one more person that's mad about it. Yeah, because there's no more people mad about it than nineteen than I don't think it's worth pursuing rig Some people are saying they don't think the quarter pound is a quarter pound anymore.
Speaker 2: Probably not, But that's just life.
Speaker 1: A whopper didn't expect to be this hungry this soon.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Let's just that's just life.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 7: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, let's talk about real talk here.
Speaker 1: Have you just realized Mother's days right around the corner and you don't have anything yet, don't panic?
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 1: Instead of the usual flowers or last minute Amazon panic, by give your wife something that actually feeds her soul a ticket to Share the Arrows with Blaze Media's on Ali, Beth Stuckey and Alan Texas on October the eleventh. She will have a one full time not just an event. It's a powerful, faith filled experience where women can come together to be encourage, equipped, and reminded of their purpose as wives, moms, and daughters of the One and only Living God. And let's be honest, she carries a lot. There's a chance for her to be poured into for once because she's always emptying herself. This year's lineup is fantastic. Ginger Dougar will be there, Alssa Childers, Shawna Hollman, Taylor Duke's Katie Faust worship by the amazing Francesca Badistilly. It's gonna be a powerful weekend that your wife will not want to miss. Now the ticket is going to go fast, so go to Share the Arrows dot com. Grab your tickets now Share the Arrows dot com. Because nothing says I appreciate you quite like giving her a weekend filled with worship and community. So I do want to say that, because it is real. I want to say thank you to the Calhoun County Chamber of Commerce, Greg, it's our home county. Uh going home today? Huh, buddy, you will not be the only one that will travel twenty today. Once you hit the bridge or on the out side, big brother will do it as well. I'm going on the other side. I'm going on those side of the wall. I will not take your exit. I'll roll on. Yes, you will to O X F O R D.
Speaker 2: And it's not as far as you think it is.
Speaker 1: If I'm going to that Museum of Natural History that mister san Antonio kind of talked down to us about.
Speaker 6: It looks great. I didn't know it existed.
Speaker 1: What do you think you think we're munch of rubes. Well, we're all in overalls and oaf shoes in Calviun.
Speaker 6: County, Rick guys that I thought it was cool.
Speaker 1: Hey, you need to go buy them leatherwood. That's what I was gonna ask you. Yeah, do you think boom leather wood? When you get up the top of hill, hang a runde and you're not fine? So I'm not gonna take the one eighty five. I'm getting cold water.
Speaker 2: What I would do?
Speaker 1: That's where I used to live bypass. You really think that's better?
Speaker 2: I remember that house like as supposed to coming all the way through.
Speaker 6: About this. You're going to argue about this right now?
Speaker 2: Well we could look you do what you want to do.
Speaker 1: But of course, now Rick, wait a minute, there is a traffic circle involved if you go that way roundabout when those roundabout traffic circle roundabout, but I think it is traffic also acceptable.
Speaker 2: Well, well I understand this is I have right underneath him.
Speaker 6: He's spicy right now.
Speaker 1: Pay attention though, when you take the right and when you get down there where twenty one and all that runs together, you're gonna have to get off. I know if you stay straight you go end up in Golden Spring. But that's what I'm worried about.
Speaker 2: What did just look at the sign?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: What do you think about that? Here's a concept putting into the GPS just past Sex High School?
Speaker 2: You're going to turn?
Speaker 1: What about put it in the GPS and go the way it says?
Speaker 2: If you like that, do it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: See there he thinks he knows more than the GPS.
Speaker 2: I well, when if you enter Calhoun County, I like to know he's going right down. How you go?
Speaker 6: What you say? Where you turn?
Speaker 2: Everything? I mean, and if you don't do what he says. He gets got. What if there's a special what they're crappy about?
Speaker 1: Listen, what if there was a special app and it and it bypassed and overcame, overruled every app you had. Somebody said I'm gonna have to deal with Calhoun County also, and Greg's face came up on app.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you what you do. Get off the way.
Speaker 1: I don't go to the one eighty five delivery his delivery to traveling straight. Let me just let me just you just go go one eight five. This gg gonna hurt you, Okay, it is not efficient?
Speaker 6: Goop.
Speaker 1: They don't know.
Speaker 6: Sometimes there's a wreck. You know, you're doing a long trip, said.
Speaker 2: Google Maps, don't know?
Speaker 1: You want these people that anywhere I go, I've got I mean, god forbid, I remember how to get somewhere.
Speaker 6: Well, sometimes there's accidents. You want about that.
Speaker 1: I'm coming back with people house and they have to put their on and go, or I can't go anywhere. I don't even know where to turn left right when I leave my driveway until his phone tells me. You know what, we used to look at maps. We used to just figure it out. We didn't have to have that. I'm telling you that thing will mess up sometimes.
Speaker 6: It will, it will will it will, buddy.
Speaker 1: Great, Can I tell you again this feels good. It's good to have that back.
Speaker 2: Don't right, I get on my kids all time. Y'all lost. If you ain't right, well, most people to get somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what I ain't talking about that, that's not what I'm talking about. Yeah, I wanted to tell me every move to make because I have no idea where I'm going. That is not a good place to be. Tell you what, you keep this up. I might do the one eighty eight. Oh no, really, it's not that bad. The text Nation says I need to do the one eighty eight. Yeah, interchangement put you out, You gotta you gotta get off that exit. I'm talking about it. You can end up down there at Sacks highcho home with the wildcat. They're back. What about what about you want you also let him fall? You also also the one eighty eight, And I think it's on the sign now that's where those seventy five Jersey. But I'm gonna tell you about one eighty it is, But I'm gonn tell you I don't think it's on the sign.
Speaker 2: It'll get congested, right. But yeah, that one thing about one eighty eight, that's a popular one. It is the people don't know how to merge.
Speaker 1: I go buy them leave with That's just me. You do what you want to do. Okay, you just need to go through Oxford as in the old way one eighty five. That what takes us by the stadium for share can see.
Speaker 2: That's true. Stop to get you a whopper and eat it on the way.
Speaker 1: How about Yeah, Now, if you go to the one of the aint there is a burger king down there, you could get a whopper. Is there any chance that I'm gonna see Jerald Case tonight?
Speaker 2: No, he won't be inwhere near the Chamber of Commerce.
Speaker 1: You don't think he runs a small business on the side. But I just don't see him getting an award. You really, I'm handing in a small business war. Well, he may be up for some kind he actually does. He may be up for something.
Speaker 2: You have to you think I ain't even Howard You're wrong. Oh yeah, that's good. Well you got some decisions to make.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your jersey at Buffalo Wildwall Shares made it clear she does not want to go on a tour of the prowess of seventy five, And I'm like, baby, but we don't get over there much. If we were there, I need I need to. She goes, You've done this before. I've had to go stand on the field. I've done all this and none of that em resembles. But I do need to go by and see the indoor facility. Yes, that's uh yeah, well, I mean it's got it's got Dad in there and he and coach hearing that was named after ps.
Speaker 2: I need to do that. Yeah. When he says stuff like that, that means he won't, but he needs to. Yeah, he's not going.
Speaker 1: No, you think you really think he's going to go in there and find somebody him in No way, I mean, come on, long to go into the facility is probably people, It's probably not. It's a practice facility. It's not like where they keep you know.
Speaker 2: The records offices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I'm at least gonna try it.
Speaker 7: Well you should.
Speaker 1: Is that parking lot still over there?
Speaker 2: We used to park? How do you park there? Just go?
Speaker 6: Is the parking lot still there?
Speaker 2: No? No, it's different.
Speaker 6: Well that's not When I was not asking Siria, I was actually sarcastic gleeve.
Speaker 1: You don't think that one's there anymore?
Speaker 2: Google ADL. I'm sorry you had to sit through this, buddy having panic problems?
Speaker 7: Is the Rick Burgess Show?
Speaker 1: All right? So we just had the conversation talking about how, you know, the right seems to be gaining ground. Love that people are waking up, you know, the left's narrative cracking, and a lot of places they look kind of chaotic over there. But be careful, be careful. You know how many times have we heard this sports analogy. Don't knock it out of gear to the game's over. The game is far, far, far from over. So we need every weapon that we have in our arsenal, and you need to add to your arsenal Blaze TV if you don't already have it. This is a world full of noise and false narratives, and you need a stronghold where you find the bold voices, the freethinkers, the fearless commentary to make of all this, and Blaze TV provides that every day owned demand on any device. So subscribe to Blaze TV. You're not just watching content, you're supporting a movement and you're getting you know how we talk about on our show, broadcasting from the real world and kind of bringing all the clarity to the fake narratives that are out there. Starts at just eight dollars a month, the price of a fancy cup of coffee. So if you use the code ric at checkout, go to BlazeTV dot com slash Rick, subscribe today BlazeTV dot com slash rick and say twenty bucks on an annual plant. You need Blaze TV. It is unfiltered, unafraid, and on demand. Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 2: You're on.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Yes, Rick, Hey, Hey, I wanted to let you guys know. I know you guys use the Moultree hammers and stuff. Yes, but at BUCkies right now they have when you buy any camera, any of the like hunting cameras and stuff, you get one for a dollar. So this morning I bought a trail camera's by Muddy it's like fort and then the two packs of the Moultrie Edge too, that is with a dollar.
Speaker 1: Whoa yeah, I knew talking today your speedy's weeping brisket, He's weeping speed. I knew talking to Moultrie off off the air that he told me this Bucky's deal was coming.
Speaker 2: Yep, so I guess it's real. Man.
Speaker 1: That's nice, buy one, get another for a dollar speedy.
Speaker 2: Can I leave? All right? We'll talk to you, Bucky, talk to you later. Body, Wow, that's nice.
Speaker 1: Hello, Rick Burgess show you're on unscreen phone calls?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Hey Rick?
Speaker 9: And yeah, I was talk to me all about the cameras.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. How did you do that? I think? Did you put on hold?
Speaker 9: That's they have it? They have them on sale right now. I don't know if they're clearing out the warehouse from them, or or if they're not getting carried that partickle of warn anymore. But right now, as long as you buy a Moultary camera, you can buy like that. Like I said, I bought the Muddy won by Muddy. It was like forty.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at me.
Speaker 2: You've already said that. Okay, it's not a dream.
Speaker 1: Does something happen some kind of time travel? Did something happened?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: How did that even happen?
Speaker 6: Did we lo loop back in time?
Speaker 1: I wish you would say that. Also, I got a brisket slandwich. I don't even know what.
Speaker 2: Their breakfast.
Speaker 1: What just happened. Somebody said, it's Ricky for college.
Speaker 2: Be back on this next one.
Speaker 1: Guys, I don't even know how that happened. Look, there's like, there's like ten callers. How did that happen?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: If this is her again, I'm Do you think Moultrie, because he hadn't written any checks to us in a while, you think he snuck her on?
Speaker 2: That might be she did sound the move, don't.
Speaker 1: Don't don't think that motor's not above good phone?
Speaker 2: Good voice? Was that?
Speaker 6: Actually?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait a.
Speaker 1: Minute, it could have been somebody on text nation said it's real. Bought four cameras this weekend. Uh, hey, Rick Burger's show. Unscreen phone calls go ahead? Oh yeah, So I just a idea if y'all would just drop it.
Speaker 3: We know that they're unscreened.
Speaker 9: You don't have to announce it all the time.
Speaker 1: I said, thanks, thank you for calling on screen caller. Actually you do you know what you're calling on screen phones?
Speaker 2: Actually do because if you don't, you call and then you think you're being screened. But you need to know your live.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're prepping the callers.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. And also that tells you that if it's ringing that doesn't mean we don't see you yep, or that we're taking It's more and it's more fun. It adds a new twins let's call it.
Speaker 2: Greg likes it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we like it. Sorry about that, we don't. We don't like your idea. Hello, Rick Burger's Show. Unscreen phone calls, Go ahead, good morning, how are you reading?
Speaker 2: We're good, buddy.
Speaker 3: Did I hear.
Speaker 9: Speedy s earlier?
Speaker 2: He and uh Hoby were having a date night. Speedy know our wives will be there too, with oh oh yeah, they'll never get it. Worried. I'm a grown man married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but oh my goodness, Hoby, Hoby will be bending Speedy Speedy's ear though.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, somebody sent me an ai of Hoby as Speedy's daddy.
Speaker 1: Oh god, y'all, Rick, he's actually a baby that looks.
Speaker 6: Like a teen a teen Hoby.
Speaker 2: That's a little baby. I hope everybody here has the stomach. Now, you gotta admit that that is good. That is baby feeding.
Speaker 1: Good not unscreened phone calls. Hello, Rick Birders show. You're on the show.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Yes, Rick, Hi, I'm not joking about the cameras I work at BUCkies the same.
Speaker 2: You call again, what are you doing? I mean, good night?
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 2: So there's so many phones ringing? How what you do?
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, I think I'm gonna include this in the first episode of Strange in County. I want her to keep calling, just to see how many tells you and I want to hear about the camera. Let me tell you, if Bunkies and Moultrie want us to talk about this, write a check, write a check. Yes, we don't give free advertising. I'm glad to know about it. But if Bunkies and Moultrie want us to embrace this, write a check.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: Also, does that lady have a time machine?
Speaker 1: Do an advertising campaign? We talk about it all the time. The conversation never ended, just you know these cameras, Like I was saying.
Speaker 2: What I love to is that she picks up, not how I'm back, and so what I did?
Speaker 1: Somebody talked to the head beaver and somebody get Moultrie and y'all, y'all, y'all buy an advertising campaign? We continue uh rick birders show unscreen phone calls, go ahead them, Hey.
Speaker 2: Y always talking to us about can't help hit checkers and people broke down side road.
Speaker 6: I'll try and help.
Speaker 9: I'll try and help this lady. One time.
Speaker 1: He's talked about two or three times about the four times you turn down the dirt road.
Speaker 2: I kept on going, I said, thank getting into this.
Speaker 1: Uh we continue, unscreen phone calls. Go ahead on the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, I hate to circle back to something you guys talked about last week.
Speaker 1: But you guys said the one hundred men.
Speaker 6: With the group.
Speaker 2: The gorilla.
Speaker 6: I think he's hell men versus a gorilla.
Speaker 2: We lost him. I've gone still still got my money on the grill.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go back to BUCkies.
Speaker 2: Hello, the greatest thing, unscreen, I love you, Steedy.
Speaker 4: That was.
Speaker 2: Help me.
Speaker 6: If anybody's wondering, who Hobey is that Speedy's only friend?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's not true, his bestest friend. Rick Burgess Show, go right ahead.
Speaker 8: Hey, I just want to check.
Speaker 9: And see if you guys would ever have like helms on for like as.
Speaker 2: A visit or just a.
Speaker 1: What he's doing once he starts working at BUCkies.
Speaker 2: Yes, you got a good camera deal. That was the last three times. Look it up. But look at it's not like there's like one ringing or something. How how does she do that? That is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, strange encounters. At one time I thought something happened to me stroke bottom of the hours. Look, let's get that check book out. We can talk about it all the time.
Speaker 7: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: We'll get some Heyburds emails. Maybe some other phone segments coming up. Some more updates from BUCkies. All that coming up a little later. Look the mobs they bring in, they don't need any help. I mean, boy, the BUCkies phenomenon is it's been a topic of intrigue. How did does Whobie like BUCkies?
Speaker 2: Loves it? I love it. Left taking the family. So that's good, that's great. A couple of update stories today. It was my daddy the AI photo. It was fun.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, baby, speedy was phenomenal. That was funny, funny stuff.
Speaker 7: Did you like it?
Speaker 1: So anyway, we now have an update. You remember the New York City tour helicopter crash that broke.
Speaker 2: No, no, another AI was okay, okay, So that has nothing to do with time laughing. I'm sorry that.
Speaker 6: I showed the picture. I didn't know we were going into that on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Don't be reckless.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 2: We're going to the helicopter crash. That's what happened. I don't know if I giggled that kind of like that.
Speaker 1: By the way, everybody wanting the Speedy will will you ask Hoby whether you should use a seven or eight?
Speaker 2: Are? But it's how far out I am?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So back to the horrific crash. You know, maybe these kind of stories you just can't transition to him on the show.
Speaker 2: You can't, you know, they're too serious. Now here's what we're gonna do is we'll just actually be respectful and shut up.
Speaker 1: Okay. By the way, you remember when we played the AI song of Hoby and Speedy, we didn't keep it.
Speaker 2: You have it? Where is it? You have it?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Is it in an email or something?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You played it, you said, check this out, and I don't.
Speaker 1: Know what I did with it.
Speaker 2: It's somewhere in an email. I'll look for it. I have it in an email somewhere. Okay.
Speaker 1: So here everybody's been trying to figure out for what any world happened. Okay, okay, never mind, we'll come back to that. We'll come back to that later.
Speaker 2: We said we'll be respectful and shut up, and he goes, all right, so what.
Speaker 1: We'll come back to that later. We'll just try that what happened? What happened now, I'm not doing the story. It's too serious and look and honestly, I don't feel.
Speaker 2: It, Hoddy. I feel a lot harder. I looked up.
Speaker 1: It's a serious story. I'm sure we don't want to know what happened to helicopter, but it it's just so hard to get it in. Wow, I'm serious, and I feel the same way serious.
Speaker 2: I feel the same way. It was like I thought.
Speaker 1: I looked at that, I thought, I bet everybody like an update on that, but I don't. But I just seem like I think I picked the wrong time on the show.
Speaker 2: We do have breaking news coming out of the Vatican here.
Speaker 1: Well, you've already said this, Now is this an update on an update?
Speaker 2: Well, it's a live look into what's going on here?
Speaker 1: Do you you already tell us we had black?
Speaker 2: Well, but take a listen to this.
Speaker 6: With the number one.
Speaker 10: Take in the twenty twenty five National Catholic League, Pope the Saints have traded to the Cardinals, and with that number one pick, the Vatican Cardinals select wide Redeemer Pierre Batista pizza.
Speaker 7: So how about that?
Speaker 2: How about that? So thank you for that? Then back to the hell.
Speaker 1: It was black smoke, black smoke. Okay, do y'all want me to try the helicopter up there one more time?
Speaker 2: You know, people died six sweet little family?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: Can we laugh the pictures for a minute? I'm can we laugh the pictures a minute?
Speaker 6: Do we need a quick a transitional story about the smoke the popes?
Speaker 1: Okay, so Speedy, Speedy, Speedy is the conclave guy.
Speaker 6: I've got a quick package about how they make the smoke.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that is the ingredients they use for black or the black speed. Speedy has just finished. It is really award winning burning. Don't you now what they turn in their votes? That's what they burn? No, they don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Greg spedial Force just came off his investigative reporting of Jing Haptman's death and now and now he's moved on to he's going to update this and Speedy's already called black Smoke. But here here's how they go to Speiny live at the Vatican. Here's how they make the smoke. Yes, okay, oh, I found that song.
Speaker 6: A pyrochecker expert explains how the black and white paple smoke signals are created.
Speaker 2: That lists is good for the radio audience and.
Speaker 11: The conclave. The cardinals will have at their disposal this electronic control unit and those black and white pyrotechnic cartridges consisting of six smoke cartridges connected in the series for the duration of seven minutes. Then after the vote, the ballots will go into the old stove from the old conclaves and the smoke cartridge into the new stove that has been provided by the Vatican. Then the cardinal will press the old one's listening to this?
Speaker 1: I mean that then.
Speaker 6: No one's listening this. I was explaining what y'all were just talking.
Speaker 2: About about it language, Yeah, nobody cares about it. Yeah, I don't think anybody cares. I found myself a bus longer than eight seconds. I lost interesting long I lost interesting wires.
Speaker 6: I think I much less. It's much less primitive than I thought.
Speaker 1: It would be.
Speaker 6: It's much more logical. Switches and it's like a flip flicking a light switch on with a canned connected You know, just.
Speaker 1: How deep can you go with black smoke versus white smoke?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, it is interesting how it was made, and I thought was that was pretty good?
Speaker 6: Thank you Speedy. We're trying to learn like these two knuckleheads arguing about the road like they're a thousand years old and GPS doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: It's funny, is the audience?
Speaker 2: Since is what I Since Rick just dropped helicopter story, this sit in the day for work today, I did find we're gonna be like.
Speaker 1: This is what I was, But just I don't know where we're it.
Speaker 2: Oh it's good enough. You want it, well, let let's hear it against it. We think it's good enough to put in the Okay, beady from Mississippi. This is not funny.
Speaker 12: It's a talking man, got a story for every moment, a quick with in his hands. But whenever listen whereas the sun turns rid healing and clothes and see now you know what Hoby sid Now, Hoby sid that right there.
Speaker 1: Right there?
Speaker 6: Hoby sick?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, that's what you did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's the sharpest feeling. You can't debate that.
Speaker 2: Showing the baby picture, Idler, the.
Speaker 6: Tavern, the blood's always spread. It all loops back.
Speaker 7: To you know what, Hoby's sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty good. Hoby is Scott Laney. He's former interned with those of you that are new to the show. A lot of it because I got it. Who is this guy you're talking right? He's only he's had a long history with the show. And Greg. Greg used to work out with us and have a good time with us and stop three years ago, and so now it's just me and Hobie.
Speaker 1: And we you know, when's the last time Greg worked out with three years?
Speaker 2: Like, we've been here for over two and went one time. I've been about ten times. No, you went one time, Greg, and it was half a work located. It's it's within two miles from here. And he'll well, I don't I don't get it. But anyway you.
Speaker 6: Got to double back, is that you got to double back with double back two miles.
Speaker 2: Let me sell you what Greg.
Speaker 1: Greg is not working out for the same reason that I keep door dashing, But he keeps When I could walk to a restaurant and stay at the studio and come right back, then I would do it. But now that I have to get in my car and go somewhere.
Speaker 2: He keeps his membership. And it's the good. Hey, it's the good membership too. Why would you keep it because he's rich. I don't want to get in mex up you and Hobie. This is back to wait, wait a minute, you don't.
Speaker 6: Want to be a third wheel on the state exactly.
Speaker 1: I hadn't thought about this. Are you at the point now where you kind of feel like, I mean, they got their own thing? Yeah, I don't fit in.
Speaker 2: You can't spend this off on me?
Speaker 1: This Regions and golf, that's right, and that they were going to talk about things you're not interested in, Speedy, I have an account at Regions.
Speaker 2: You want me to help you out? It it off and all that, so good, But this is what we missed the workout. You know, he's loud enough to where that we had the lunk alarm. They've done dumbed it down. They ain't doing a lot. It ain't worth going.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, wait, mister, get after it. They down to a ten minute workout. Wait a minute, great, Wait a minute. My mom has an account Regions. You want to ask her about the about the golf tournament?
Speaker 2: I would I would love to sit down with your mom, and you know what I'd love to do. I'd love to get a car fixed because apparently her two sons won't help.
Speaker 1: Well, the bells told on that, Yeah, we gotta do it, we gotta pick You know who got it, you know who caused it?
Speaker 2: Our sister. Yeah, well I don't blame her. Our sister broke down car out there.
Speaker 1: That is fine yesterday, But basically yesterday our sister tattled on us.
Speaker 2: Bottom line, she's probably like, why in the car running? That's exactly what our sister did you. I mean, go get a new battery. Take that one out, run, go get a new battery.
Speaker 1: Put it in one thing. You don't know about your handy now, but you don't know about the car. The battery is in a weird place.
Speaker 2: Well, what kind of car is it? Just popped a little rubber screwed whatever caps off and then take all that. He'd be that hard. You're handy, now, you should be able to know that.
Speaker 1: I didn't think about that.
Speaker 2: I got my Phillips set.
Speaker 1: I'm headed that way.
Speaker 6: Wait, why is it in a weird place?
Speaker 1: I don't know, like we were going to simply remember, we're gonna simply jump it off one thing and find out you have to connect to some weird air now, is that different that that's.
Speaker 2: I ain't even looked.
Speaker 6: Greg, It's this is not honestly something probably you should be taking.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't you be getting us a video ready for how we make taffy?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yeah, is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: I got to take a route if I if I ever want to update anybody today on some of the stories that are a little more serious, I realized that I'm gonna have to ease my way there. So I'm going to take a left on Bernie Sanders Avenue, you know, to see if I can kind of find my way, you know, to some bit the way around the helicopter learning. You see, if I can get to some of these other stories. Bernie, Bernie, Bernie. It's always fun to hear feel the burn, feel the burn burn. Of course, UH tells us all how we should live while living another way, and he does it in a disgusted voice like he's mad. Oh, he's always angry. So Bernie UH wants us to know that he's going to make no apologies for the fact that he's been traveling in a private jet to go out and fight to save the planet and the UH and all the that they're they're really why destroying it according to them, So he's going out wanting to warn us about climate change and warn us that we've got olig arts in our country now. The wealthiest people are running our country. And Trump's put all the wealthy people together now while he is flying around to tell us this on a private jet. Yeah, you know, basically he's telling us we should be upset with people like him. But at the same time he makes no apology for that. So let's hear just kind of a montage of the ever contradicting Bernie Sanders.
Speaker 6: Here we go, and this is a video he put out. The debate is long over, climate change.
Speaker 2: Is real, and it's here.
Speaker 7: The debate is long over, climate change is real. My god, look at this it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is block after block here.
Speaker 7: This is a very very major crisis.
Speaker 6: And here he is saying that we directly have to be involved.
Speaker 4: What we're doing now is speaking to the American people and saying, you have got to be involved in this process because if you want not, the planet that we're going to leave to our kids and our grandchildren will be significantly less habitable by.
Speaker 6: And then now that Brett Bear is what we can go to here. If you guys want to set that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is when he's going to say, well, I have to be in a private jet. It's the same thing that we were told by lawns face on horse what's horse face, isn't it?
Speaker 6: Harry here?
Speaker 1: John Kerry told us the same thing. What we need, we as the peons, need to shut our mouths. And we don't understand how important these people are. And they've got a schedule to keep and they can't keep the schedule any other way.
Speaker 2: So here here he is.
Speaker 13: You know, alyssa slocking senator from Michigan, she said you shouldn't be using an oligarch.
Speaker 2: It's over people's head.
Speaker 13: You've gotten criticized from other people. Free Beacon says Bernie Sanders spent two hundred and twenty one thousand on private jets fighting the oligarchy tour paid for by friends of Bernie Sanders. That you've spent millions of dollars in campaign funds on private jet travel over the years.
Speaker 2: How do you push back on both of those.
Speaker 5: When's the last time you saw Donald Trump during a campaign mode at National Airport?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: But he's also not fighting the aligarchy.
Speaker 5: No, and you run a campaign and you do three or four or five rallies in a week. The only way you can get around to talk to thirty thousand people. I think I'm going to be sitting on a waiting line at United waiting. You know what, thirty thousand people are waiting. That's the only way you can get around. No apologies for that. That's what campaign travel is about. We've done it in the past, We're going to do it in the future.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't do it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll see, Well he's not rocky. But again, here's the problem. What he is saying is actually correct. It's the reason why, from time to time, when I can and it makes sense, there are times I have to travel travel, we have to travel as a team privately because it's the only way that we can make the schedule work. There is no other way to do it or not do it. It's impossible because you do have to sit and wait and you get delays and we're just like even me trying to get the Nebraska back. It was over the weekend, so it didn't matter. But I will tell you that, you know what travel scheduled that I had to agree to whatever the airlines offered. You know what, I like to have been home a little earlier on Saturday, with us having to get up and teach and be at church next morning. I would have, but I had to take the only one that the commercial airline offered, and then it got delayed and then we got home.
Speaker 2: But you know, no big deal.
Speaker 1: But now if I've got to get back for the show or I'm like one of these people, I have five rallies thirty thousand people, it's the only way to do it. I agree with that, because I know that's just common sense. But when Donald Trump does it or somebody on the right does it, you, Bernie, you demonize them for doing it right, and then you do it, and we're supposed to understand, well, maybe what you just presented is the same situation your opponents are in as well when they travel. So either it's okay to travel privately to make your schedule or it's not.
Speaker 5: Not.
Speaker 1: It's okay for me to do it because I'm so important, But when the right does it, they're just being a bunch of evil rich people. It can't be it's one of the other.
Speaker 2: Or to be out there with AOC with a new Green Deal and all this and the environment and this that, and y'all do this, and y'all do that. Now let me go get my plane and fly around it. Just don't have that rhetoric and tell everybody else what they need to do and then you run around doing something else. Exactly Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: He said, Donald Trump is doing it. And then Brett Bhaar said, yeah, but Donald Trump isn't trying to fight the oligarchy. What Brett Bear should have said is, no, Donald Trump isn't out here beating the drum of climate panic telling people not to have kids because the oceans are arising. Bernie Sanders in twenty nineteen, scientists are telling us that if we don't get act together eight or nine years, we're talking about cities all over the world going underwater. You know, Donald Trump is not the one out there saying that that alone. Yeah, trying to run people's lives based on a climate hoax.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Brett Bhar corrected him on that, rightfully, so said, now that's apples and oranges. He doesn't claim that private jets are doing anything wrong. You claim that private flight and anything involving you know, this type of fuel is going to destroy the earth. I will say, no matter what your schedule is, And I agree that he can't do the schedule flying commercial.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: However, if you believe that private airplanes are destroying the planet, and you truly believe that, you wouldn't get on them. I mean, what he's really saying is, well, I'll destroy the planet to make my dates. Yeah, that didn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I understand that what he's saying about his dates is true. But you say that us flying around like this is causing unnecessary carbon footprints, Well you must not believe that because you're doing it now if you want to see conviction, I would have liked to have made more dates and gone to more rallies, But in order to do that I would have to destroy the earth. I mean, I disagree with that. I don't think you are, but you sure do have convinct, spread your rallies out to it.
Speaker 2: You don't have to fly.
Speaker 1: What you're telling us is you really have no conviction about this. You're using it as a tool to scare people so hopefully they'll vote for you. That's how I'm taking it.
Speaker 2: Because of how you're living, not because of what you're saying, Yes, And as far.
Speaker 6: As them fighting the oligarchy, more billionaires donated to Democrats than Republicans in this last election. So if anybody's the party of oligarchy, of the oligarchy, that's Democrats. It's not Republicans. They're the Republicans of the Party of the working Class.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rick, it's the water ball adlers can get email on that one.
Speaker 2: It's the water bottle in that analogy. You know they're killing us, but yeah, you're drinking out of one. So that means you don't really believe.
Speaker 1: Though they don't believe it's you don't really believe it.
Speaker 2: It's just don't believe it. No, it's just it's a tight up crap.
Speaker 1: It's a talking point that separates our ideology from the other ideology, and we use it to try to get vote and hopefully we'll all have enough walking around since that we can see the way they live and go that it's impossible for them to believe it impossible because no matter what it took to save the planet, you would do it. And what you're saying is, well, I'll get to saving the planet eventually after I've caused a huge carbon footprint trying to get elected so I can save it. I mean, that's what we're and we're just not that stupid.
Speaker 6: You think I'm going to standard line like some chump, like some everyday bullets, And come on.
Speaker 1: I'll be over that United.
Speaker 2: Durap.
Speaker 1: And by the way, nobody flies on United all right, top of the hour, unless you just have to. We'll be back, stay close, all right. So a couple of things make Mama smile again. The winner will be announced Monday. We'll announce all the groupings for the region's program where we will be broadcasting live next Wednesday. That'll be coming up on Monday's program, So if you want to donate and be either with speediest group or any of the groups, we'll announce that with Gene Hollman. Also coming up on Monday, today, we record the first episode of a brand new podcast, Strange Encounters. That'll be coming out episode one this weekend. So that's another thing. And May thirteenth will be the official release for the brand new book Men Don't Run in the Rain. All of those updates we have given you today. So it's active, active, active, I mean lots lots of lots going on. Tales from the camp House, the Fishing Tournament. That episode coming out Memorial Day weekend. So a lot of number of updates on the program today, and we do have a lot more to cover from text Nation. Hey Burge, nice transition. Now that we've turned into Bernie Sanders, I'm anxious for the helicopter update. So I think that did get us ready. Thanks good transition. Got everything's settled a little bit. And now I have been talking with some pilots that that would be with no uh and friends that are pilot friends that I have not spoke to Hobe about it, So I don't we mynd one Jack, I'll check with Hoby, all right. But now there's all kinds of photos about the New York City tour helicopter that suddenly which was which was really bizarre, broke apart mid air before that horrible fatal crash in the Hudson River. Yeah, uh and uh. Now now they've been looking over a witness photos the National Transportation Safety Board uh and said it showed the tour helicopter that crashed into the Hudson River h breaking apart mid air before plunging into the water and sadly taking six people's lives. It shows that the fuselage containing the engine and main rotor blade assembly completely separated from the tail boom. Another that was not me.
Speaker 2: That wasn't me.
Speaker 11: That was not me.
Speaker 6: My Michae was not on. My mic was on.
Speaker 2: I was just sitting here. Okay, all right, I'm moving on. I think it was Greg. Wouldn't I see your face? I was just sitting here, seeing I was sitting here. I was being very respectful.
Speaker 1: If I'm going to do this up there, I cut the mics off, I think.
Speaker 2: Taking off. He han't taking them off.
Speaker 1: Okay, So so anyway, other photos the main rotor blades with the attached transmission and roof structure could be seen broken apart from the futurelage as well. Now, the thing that's a little disappointing in this story is you think you're going to get to the part to where they're going to say, so, here's what happened, and they really don't. All they do to me is say that the pictures that they have confirm what I think we all saw, uh in the various videos. Uh, and it and it talked about you know, where it went and where how it was approaching, and then it just seems to come apart and landed as we saw upside down. This is where I'm disappointed. Nothing has indicated that the helicopter collided with the building. I see that we knew that, Nor do we have exactly the cause of the crash other than what we can see. But no one is really telling us why it came apart like it did. It said the aircraft was not equipped with any video or data recording devices. Photos of the pilot taking just before the flight showed him we're in computer augmented sunglasses which had video and audio recording capability, but the sunglasses were not recovered, so they don't have that.
Speaker 6: That's surprise, yall that there's not a like a black box.
Speaker 2: On this uh and not required it does.
Speaker 1: That's not yeah all. They don't tell you why it broken that we see it broken, that right, yea, we just needed the story is just saying that the photos have confirmed this, but they still do not know why it all broke apart. Now, this is just nothing but.
Speaker 2: What's kind of early into the investigation, right right.
Speaker 1: It's nothing but talking to you to pilots who have done helicopters and also fly aircraft of various kinds. And this is not me, This is not my opinion, this is not anything. These are people that do this for a living, and they're saying, when this is all said and done, it's gonna be pilot error.
Speaker 2: Did it came apart? He said, he he did a move.
Speaker 1: That can cause this to happen if the helicopter is put under that kind of dress. And I mean, ultimately it's gonna be equipment failure. But what they're saying is what he did put put pressure on the equipment that can cause.
Speaker 2: This, you know, and you wonder if that's the case. It was just a sight seeing to her, So what.
Speaker 4: Do you what? What?
Speaker 2: What are you doing that again?
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know. I said I was not. It was part of the own going day. I think what he was talking about is kind of a you know, this was not the first flight he'd made. Yeah, you know, and so but we'll see that. That is not what this story says. It really is just saying that we now see what we all had seen, that it is confirmed that you know, it broke apart. Now, I guess the next thing we'll need is we'll need to know why it broke apart. And that still is not really in this story. And it just talked about the maneuvers that the helicopter made, the route that it took, and when everything happened, and sadly how it ended up in the river, so Yo.
Speaker 6: And I'm watching it right now and it's just doesn't it just seems like he's flying in a straight line. He's going to go behind the building here, it'll pop back out. And again I'm so surprised. There's no kind of black box or anything. This is a two million dollar helicopter and it just it just breaks in half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the moment. Yes, it was just flying in a straight so that Oh that's so sad.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's just it's just flying. It just looks like it's flying.
Speaker 2: As somebody texted, lo, g pushover. What does that mean? I don't know. Again, that's that's.
Speaker 6: That's the maybe the move that they're talking about, that that causes the propeller to sheer off.
Speaker 2: Like but in this footage, now the damage must have already been done. That's obvious. But in this footage, you're right, it just show shows him flying over the Hudson.
Speaker 1: Before it had to be What they would say is what you're seeing is they don't know it, but because of what's been done prior to this, it's now about to come upon.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Okay? So, and again I don't I don't have any expertise on this at all. It's just what.
Speaker 1: A couple of pilots that I talked to said that that's their opinion of it, but.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And unfortunately, this story is just telling us that everything we thought we saw has now been confirmed.
Speaker 2: So finally got that up.
Speaker 6: Said yeah, thanks, I'm glad we got through that.
Speaker 1: Scary We'll be back.
Speaker 6: I'm scared of helicopters, man, I'll be honest.
Speaker 2: I always have been, always have been.
Speaker 6: Just now are I've never been in one? But just you know, what was that country artist that passed away? Part of Big and Rich, wasn't it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: It was Big and Rich.
Speaker 1: Darn it.
Speaker 7: This is the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 1: Uh, Adam Montgomery Gentry and Troy Gentry.
Speaker 2: So you were looking for there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the break music got me right.
Speaker 1: If you felt the pressure of it, didn't.
Speaker 2: You forget Alison and Davy Allison right right?
Speaker 1: An helicopter helicopters, So, but you've been afraid of helicopters your whole life.
Speaker 6: No since since Montgomery, Gentry.
Speaker 1: Stevie ray Vaughan, Stevie Rayvaughn too, and and the list goes on or no. Uh so anyway that there was there was that date finally got it in.
Speaker 6: Uh, they didn't have Kobe Tobe Cobe, Kobe, Kobe Bryant.
Speaker 1: Hoby's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wasn't that that one happened? You know, the conditions thing is always to that was weird? Yeah, but did this one just didn't seem like there was any weather issue at all, and just it was just a the Kobe.
Speaker 1: Thing was like the weather and all. They probably shouldn't have been attempting it and went that way. But they think like the pilot was trying to be sharp because it was Kobe, I wanting trying to come through. Trying to come through may be misjudged, is ability? Oh yeah yeah uh And I may have made that up, but I heard something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I know that there's a lot of pilots that do things that involve you know, clients and private and they tell stories of sometimes they get pressured a lot by people going.
Speaker 2: Hey, we can't fool around by that I got to get through this.
Speaker 1: I can't be doing that and going through the storm, and you have to as a pilot just stand up saying nope. The biggest wake up call I had one time was there some sort of snow situation and I like this, and Sherry was concerned. I was trying to get back from Missouri, I think, and she was like, hey, you just need to stay there and just wait, and you know, don't take any chances. In Oscar, who we've been working with for years, he said, hand me the phone. He said, Hey, Sherry, your husband's all right. I like him, Okay, but we're not gonna do anything dangerous cause I don't want to die. Yeah, I'm going to look after me. I'm a person to and me looking after me is going to be sure your husband's safe.
Speaker 2: You know that kind of deal. Let's go to haybirds. We got some hayburds today, a few got a few hay birds.
Speaker 1: Hey, these are emails coming from you the audience, with questions to ponder information that you'd like, whatever the case may be. Uh, you send those to me, and if you put in the subject line hey bird, hey bird, then I know that you said this it can be for a discussion on air if you guys want to. Uh so this one, Hey Bird, Hey Burde. This comes from Clint Clint Bird and I know speedy. This is gonna wake you up real quick when you hear his topic two observations about baby brother Gregory. What mm hmm all rights should we tell Clint?
Speaker 2: Not today for this the boy, I me tell you.
Speaker 1: Bring it on, Clint, Please ask baby brother Gregory just say the word tortilla.
Speaker 14: Tortilla, tortilla. That's it there, It is tortilla chip. Like we said, the double L makes a your you toertilla sound.
Speaker 1: He says that greg usually says tortilla, tortilla, tortilla. I give him man, okay, Well so you're open to the like if you me and him got a fight with that matter, I will somehow give him an advantage.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, all right. I warned Clint about that. I'm just saying that's not important things. It don't matter. That's one does not fortilla.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: No, do you hear you saying tortillo tortilla, tortilla?
Speaker 1: Yes, said the tortilla.
Speaker 2: You want to tilla, it's a tortilla. We'll work on that bad.
Speaker 1: We want Gregory to be happy.
Speaker 6: Tilla the double l is a y, not a double.
Speaker 1: That's one tilla wed stinking tortilla. Listen, I'm an American. Okay, listen, I'm American. Uh number two.
Speaker 2: Tortilla.
Speaker 1: I've been to the old studio. Now this one, this is one that you may not want out. I don't care what. Okay, I've been to the old studio several times. Oh, we're coming in hot. I didn't clink, she said. I was even there when Uncle Duke twirled his way through the studio. What a day. I will have to say that Greg is right again when he says that he is the nicest person on the staff. Okay, now I like Clint again. Back to liking Clint again, fight over again. I was about to call him a stalker, but now I'm not. The reason why I think Greg is the nicest person on the staff is because of his incredible BS meter.
Speaker 2: Now I got one of them.
Speaker 1: Yes you do, Greg, you make that curse curse. I think that can overshadow his generally pleasant dismeanor demeanor.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm working on tortilla.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he said, of course, when I was there, I was overwhelmed by Speedy took his breath. He said, he is over the top.
Speaker 2: You just made that.
Speaker 1: That's right here, I'm reading it.
Speaker 2: I said that.
Speaker 1: Now he's doing a bit, he said, I would call it super nice, but that doesn't mean it counts because I don't know how sincere it was.
Speaker 2: Because that's the way Greg, Greg's painted this picture and speed. Just because I'm not you, and don't think like you don't mean that I'm not right. I'm not saying they're right. I'm just saying it, you.
Speaker 4: Know.
Speaker 1: But when I'm not saying, but you're so maybe you're just a really good person. You're so happy to see everybody and over the top. It comes across like nobody's that happy, only to you. What Clint has revealed is that Greg and Ada. I think you'll agree you're two INDs of the spectrum.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: Greg comes across as nice because I expect him to be so mean. Yeah, the Speedy comes across is I'm not sure, because I'm not sure I'm sincereous because I expect he's too over the top. So when I see over the top, I've heard about over the top, he are as you as you're pointing out speedy. This guy's maintained a little bit because he s heard what Greg said, so when he sees it, he didn't know if it's a genuine article.
Speaker 2: Well, let me just tell you this. It's almost like when people get here and they go, well, Adler, you're not that tiny yeah, and you know know, and Adlai goes, now, I'm a real person and Andy, but the.
Speaker 1: Hey bird a birds from Adam Hey just ran across the lady stumping grapes video. It was just rotating around on Instagram. I got I got to ask you guys something. Do you think this is the walking dog of hilarious awkward TV commentator moments? Has there ever been anything that can top it? I still laugh every time I see it, especially when the news guy acts concerned about the woman who just face planted. By the way, if this is usually on the show, I'd love to hear from Greg on what she wanted by getting on those few extra stamps before she face planted. Have nothing else, have fun getting Addler to pull up a classic for you guys to watch again.
Speaker 2: Love the show.
Speaker 1: Can't wait for the book coming out. I was the guy who told you that the bills were drafting. You like the prank call to shir Door Sanders funny, that was funny.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, he's been showing the fall here. She got her big toes stuck on top.
Speaker 1: Of what was she trying to do?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: And he just doing a bit one of the But I will agree with him.
Speaker 1: The reaction of the panel maybe the best part because they're still oh that's got to hurt. They stayed in their professional voices. Yeah, I mean, the fall is funny. There's hardly any fault that's not funny. Yeah, but I do think as far as a scene news commentator footage, this.
Speaker 2: Is the best. Oh yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: There's some good ones.
Speaker 2: There's some good this.
Speaker 6: Should probably watch it just to be sure.
Speaker 2: We go ahead. Buckets are filled with grapes.
Speaker 9: What kind of grapes?
Speaker 2: These are filled with Shamberson grapes? And the winner.
Speaker 1: This Saturday's tolling music, eating international.
Speaker 9: Foods, having wine tours and tasting, then your tours seminars, arts and crafts.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of fun a whole day. Oh yeah, ow ow ow house up up.
Speaker 4: Like you.
Speaker 2: No, so, yeah, we're great, lady.
Speaker 1: It's still gotta be the walking Dog's gotta be That's that's a classic. I don't know of anything that can trumpet. There's some good ones out there. I'm just talking it better than that. I don't know from text nation. I wish there would have been audio and video available when Rick jumped on the moonwalk that had the air no longer pressurized and went right to it. By the way, I felt the same way she did. I had the same thing happened. Amen, you all right, Well, I'm fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then when I jumped out of that window on that trampoline, same thing, same thing. I couldn't I couldn't even speak.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, we forget about that.
Speaker 1: I wish I had video of Greg jumping out of the you know, our moms and Dad's house onto a trampoline about two stories high and in the trampline was worn out.
Speaker 2: So I just hit the ground. Yep, you did, you sure did.
Speaker 1: Found on my butt bone hurt and went And the thing is the trampoline to have enough spring it to shoot him back up again. And he comes up holding holding his hold, and he realized he's going back down again. Oh, by the way, that affected your structure, your whole skeleton. Yeah, man, I still struggle from that, right, Yeah, And you remember, and I'm looking out the window. I'm like, I don't I'll call an ambulets, but I'm I cannot stop laughing. He loved it. Yeah, I cannot stop laughing.
Speaker 2: I'm still messed up from the high the Olympic high dive platform platform. I stayed up there for ten, like ten minutes point Mallard. Yeah, and the line was getting along.
Speaker 1: Everybody's like, so you were.
Speaker 2: Holding the lines? Jumped covid my goodness, in my mind, I did. I was then and when I when I jumped, I kind of started going backwards, the worst case, and I hit flat on my back so bad, flat on my back. Look, I was not gonna say that. Oh yeah, lifeguards, I mean Joe red shorts were kept swimming to you.
Speaker 1: Hold everybody up.
Speaker 4: Jump.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna push my bottom ribs out this.
Speaker 12: Murder.
Speaker 2: It's like shouting the.
Speaker 1: So my good killed you.
Speaker 2: I was like, you want to go, he said to fee in the red shorts and swim.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I got got like, oh, throwing the thing out. Of course.
Speaker 1: I crawled back into my car like an animal.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: That was that was going off in the woods to die. Sometimes you can't even get up. You just gottah.
Speaker 1: It's such a terrible feeling and you and and there's not a whole lot you can do about it. No, yeah, so so that I know exactly how you. Oh yeah, still hurts a little bit. Yeah, I tell you I hadn't let it. Hell, there ain't nothing to do.
Speaker 6: But oh yeah, that tailbone takes a long.
Speaker 2: How much of this one care over here? None?
Speaker 1: That's pretty hard, Like I just did and just left me. And of course one does not talked about a whole lot for obvious reasons. Is Greg AlSi still suffers long term injury. Oh for deciding to do an atomic elbow on the Gulf of Mexico. Yeah, I'm sorry, Gulf of America, the beach sand, don't give Greg jumped up in the air and was gonna show us how I could come from the top ring rope onto the sand and that sand. Actually, like nothing happened. God, it was like I hit a concrete and they just left me and I just laid there in the sand. Yeah, we just we just told you to work through it.
Speaker 2: I told him I get with you in a minute. That is that one and when you were went skiing for the show and you you can you remember that after we went skin you know you hit hard when the water takes your shorts. Yeah, my shorts off of them and knocked me out nearly, No, it did. I bested it.
Speaker 1: That was a great one.
Speaker 2: Now that one. We did get them. But do you remember the video when he was squatting down with his hand in the water.
Speaker 1: Yes see I got I got trying to be sharp, I dropped one and said I watched miss Slalom. Yes you did.
Speaker 2: How about when you get come across that way, you were going to shoot a richter tail at your age at that time, did Rick? It all came back to me. So there was one point where you were trying to find your shorts in the water, but they just round around your.
Speaker 1: Sweedy he got he got his pants up and caught a brim.
Speaker 2: What story.
Speaker 1: Presentations there, mister Chen Wait a minute, knock me out?
Speaker 2: Also? Uh yeah, yeah, the of course you know you did that.
Speaker 1: Older. I crashed so bad because when we were growing up, I mean, there were no it was water skiing or nothing. Oh yeah, my grandmother will whether you wanted to skire or not, you're going to learn to ski. You're going to ski on that Black Warrior River. And and so we all had the Lune ski until her late sixties.
Speaker 2: Yes you did. And uh, picture of that.
Speaker 1: But when you when you go from two to one, the busting your rear in on the water takes a whole new level because when you have too you can kind of minimize it.
Speaker 12: Huh.
Speaker 1: And the same thing. I was trying to be sharp because I was younger then and we were going so fast. Oh yeah, and that water is like concrete, and I thought I was gonna be sharp. And suddenly I realized the blade had left the water, you know, And I'm trying I'm trying to sider rudder in the water.
Speaker 2: You're gone.
Speaker 1: And I went across the top of that water like like somebody. I was a flat ron Like somebody threw me like a flat right. And and and when you know it's bad is when you find start trying to breaststroke out and you hear an echo and you realize you're in somebody's boat house.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I was like, why is that that going?
Speaker 1: But my voice is, oh no, I'm in heaven.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It killed me.
Speaker 1: Now I thank goodness, the doors were opening, the boat was gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there he comes.
Speaker 1: You know, wait a minute, I'm in somebody's boat house.
Speaker 2: Uh gracious.
Speaker 1: Also in the break, for some reason, Great declared he doesn't like Stephen A. Smith and he wants to fight him.
Speaker 2: Well, he was just ever talking. Sometimes he gets that attitude.
Speaker 1: You don't like this, make a point. You don't like Stephen A. Smith's attitude sometimes. I mean sometimes I agree with his opinion, I just don't like the presentation.
Speaker 2: What is he doing? He just got, you know, like and I'm edgy. Every time I talk in I'm gonna say damn in hell naws every chance. So he does all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think he's doing that to be educ You could have you could have just told us that.
Speaker 2: Was only all fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, yeah, but I agree with him on a lot of stuff. But he said I can't have too much of it. Would you like for him just to say something regular without it, without going he starts out, and you like to see him not going to that.
Speaker 2: Atitude every single time.
Speaker 1: Every time sometimes it's called for you know, he says, just signed a huge contract, so he cares. I'm sure we know he's double dipping. He's he's getting some off Fox taste about the General Hospital.
Speaker 6: Well, and he's also said that he has no choice but to consider running for president.
Speaker 1: M H for as a Democrat. I think so, yes, yeah, not. You know, I did hear him saying that, but I thought he was joking.
Speaker 2: He can do anything.
Speaker 6: He's I think it's just for press. He's saying, of course it is. He's not really saying that. He's saying he's going to consider.
Speaker 1: Like we thought Trump was doing the first time he ran, right right, We thought we were just kidding.
Speaker 2: Is at the.
Speaker 1: Present you're just saying one time you like to see him just go Well, you know, I have to disagree with that. I think maybe as opposed to it's.
Speaker 2: Always I don't talk straight to you right now. Yeah, he's always putting you and you play.
Speaker 1: I see. It's not just to let me make a point. I got to put you in because sometimes that's necessary.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 2: It is so.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: But the the other thing, uh is And this could happen next Wednesday live on location. The murmur is speaking of, you know, Stephen A. Smith running for president, that Tuberville is about to run for governor of Alabama.
Speaker 2: Do we want that?
Speaker 1: Do you think he can he do more for the country, can't go another round? Well, no, Greg, I don't mean that at all. Uh No, I think we're k down. Thank you, miss Ky good run Wow. But of a run. Heck of a run, she says her behind that boat him. It's one of those things that that makes you proud. But I'm but what I'm wondering is I don't I worry. I'm not worried, But I mean, are we losing? Tommy Tuberville is really getting after it as a senator.
Speaker 2: And I think it's more important.
Speaker 1: We're all happy with him as a senator, even Democrats, and excuse me, I should say different, not Democrats, Tide fans, because you know, I thought him running being coaching at Auburn, he couldn't get any Tide votes.
Speaker 15: But he has.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, And but he's doing a really good job. He seems to fight. If you move him to a governor, certainly the people of Alabama might benefit more, but the nation kind of loses a fighter. The governor's really that big of an end, That's what I'm saying. They have more impact than a senator.
Speaker 2: Within the state. Maybe but that's a tough one, and I.
Speaker 1: Think it's I think it's foregone. I don't I ain't gonna say it, Greg, I'm just saying evidently.
Speaker 2: From there we go, there you go. So I'm not going to say it, and I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 1: Is that just something you can you can you can go in the state with that a lot of action, or just you're saying it's an easier job. Well of the last couple of year, that looks like that years a couple of you go kind of looks.
Speaker 2: That way, don't it. Does it pay as well? I don't know about that. Probably not term limit.
Speaker 6: I think they're both pretty good. I think the chance, the opportunities that both give are The money's no issue.
Speaker 1: Now I could now I could hear this and totally understand it. I can't be in Washington anymore. It's too dark up here. I'm sick of it. Yeah, I'd rather come back home to Alabama and and just deal with Alabama.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I can see that from just a lifestyle choice, a quality of life. But as an American, do I want to lose him a Senate?
Speaker 6: I know plus Ainsworth will Ainsworth being in the in the game there too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, now, uh, Tommy Turberville did announce his candidacy four Senate on your show. When he made the announcement, he announced it on your show. Are you are we interviewing him on Wednesday at the upcoming regions tradition? You are we are interviewing him?
Speaker 1: Yep, he said right there when I'm been announced? What if he announces again? I mean, we'll see.
Speaker 7: This is the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 1: Three Doors Down the band Greg, Where are you on Three Doors Down? You like Three Doors Down? I know that when they were on a tour with Creed, Is that right, Adler? I had more people come up to me. Adler told me too, because he was there talking about that these two bands when they went to see them, when they came through you know, our part of the world, that they did one of the most clear, precise gospel presentations, both Creed and Three Doors Down. Yes, and said it was not you know how sometimes if you know, entertainers try something like this, it comes across as corny, y are they just kind of ramble around about it or whatever?
Speaker 2: That this was precise, It was well delivered.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Brad Arnold from Three Doors Down, he was much more clear Scott's staff of Creed, he was probably more big picture, ye, a bigger picture of hope, sure, whereas Brad Arnold from three Doors Down was probably more clear about giving a gospel message.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the one they kept bragging on. They were like they said, this guy was like a great teacher, theologically sound, presented it beautifully, didn't you know, put it in the concert where it didn't turn into a long monologue or anything. Just very precise to the point. Well, Brad Arnold has now made another announcement, and this will just be another way, you know, not the one we want for him to glorify the Lord and Savior that he acknowledges. He's announced that he is unfortunately, he has been diagnosed with stage four cancer. So here's here's his announcement.
Speaker 15: Hey, everybody gets spread from three doors down, I hope you're havn't a great day to day.
Speaker 8: Got some not so good news for you today and said, been sickly a couple of weeks ago and then went.
Speaker 15: To the hospital and got a got checked out and had actually got diagnosis that I had a Christian arenal carson one that it tests to size into my mum and uh and that's uh, it's stage four and that's.
Speaker 1: Not real good.
Speaker 8: But you know what, we we serve a mighty God and he can over he can over do, he can overcome anything.
Speaker 6: So I have no fear or really, sincerely, I'm not scared of it at all.
Speaker 8: But it is gonna forces to cancel our tour this summer, and uh, we're sorry for that. And I'd love for you to lift me up in prairie you get and uh, I think it's time for me to maybe go this to my it's not my time a little bit, right. Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 2: God love you, We love you.
Speaker 1: See you.
Speaker 2: M wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah you could. You could feel the weight of it. Though I know, I know he's not fearless. Uh, I mean he's not fearful, and he's fearless as far as the big picture, but you could feel the weight of it. Yeah, absolutely understandably. One time, like I said, I liked the music. I think they're from Mississippi.
Speaker 2: But one time I said a good thing.
Speaker 1: I was in a gas station on twenty between Birmingham Atlanta when I was working for the power company, and I swear it with him, but I didn't get enough nerve. He was pumping gas in his Mercedes bends and I'm almost one hundred cents.
Speaker 2: Here, but I chickened out. I didn't go up and ask him. And back then it was KLi.
Speaker 1: We're talking twenty years ago, right, but yeah, yeah, well, yeah, it's interesting that I was just told all these things.
Speaker 2: And of course his faith will be on display.
Speaker 1: And I don't have any doubt based on what I've heard from people who have heard him speak and the things he just said that he'll pass the test and he'll.
Speaker 2: Glorify God the whole way, regardless of the outcome.
Speaker 7: So there you go.
Speaker 1: So that is for Three Doors Down fans. You probably know that that was a big announcement yesterday. Also some other things things that that we have been looking at. This is back to that fall in Pittsburgh down on the tins there Adler who knows that.
Speaker 2: Wow, and we found something some stuff out on him. Really Yeah, it's it's in this sad that I didn't know until after his sister was interviewed that they they lost their parents. Uh and and I didn't know that just adds to what he's going through at only twenty years of age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so here is it's a new video. It's just been just released. And what is this going to show us? Addler's just a different angle.
Speaker 6: It's it's a hundred percent of view of what happened. You're going to see, You're gonna see.
Speaker 2: This is a big moment for you. How he fell over?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no shirt on.
Speaker 2: Those rails are plenty of high.
Speaker 6: The pirates are going to get a hit, and he's just gonna almost.
Speaker 2: Frog frog dive got his hands on the raid.
Speaker 6: Yes, and it doesn't it doesn't make any sense. Here you go, there's the there's the hit. He jumps up.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I see what he tried to do. Yeah, I see what he Yeah, he tried to jump up and and then pull his knees up like he was just gonna jump real high. And when he landed and he landed on his on the hips. Yeah, and he got got top heavy and couldn't pull it.
Speaker 1: Okay, say what now we know what happened.
Speaker 6: He also kicks his girlfriend in the process. Didn't her head goes quite a bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does, mm hmm. So he's when they come.
Speaker 1: He tried to put his feet back. Now on his feet list and then he went over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got too far out over it and hit hit about men thigh.
Speaker 6: Ye see the friends be like, oh no, you just I mean, wotcha, buddy just disappear over the rail like that?
Speaker 2: Did I hear he was excited about the hit. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 6: Family members have said he has taken steps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was what he was, he was. He was interviewed, so was his sister who was interviewed him. Uh and uh after the fall. Just now recently he says he he's gonna be okay. He's just having a tough time sleeping or resting. And you can imagine with a broke back, broke neck, broke Wow. I can't believe.
Speaker 1: And there was.
Speaker 2: There was There was a TV package where his sister was interviewed and that's when she said that we've you know, we had lost our parents. Now all this kind of stuff, and I think Greg we talked about there was a gofund me like forty seven thousand was raised to help with his medical expenses or something like that that his sister, I believe and girlfriend helped start. But top of the hour will be back so.
Speaker 6: He can walk though with all that, with his broken back and broken neck.
Speaker 1: He take I don't know about that.
Speaker 6: Are they saying he's taking steps towards recovery?
Speaker 2: Physical?
Speaker 7: Is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Much to discuss and we've we've covered a lot. Catch anything you missed. Also, don't forget that a lot going on over the next few days. This weekend the first episode of a brand new podcast, Strange Encounters. We'll be delving into spiritual warfare. We'll have stories. Of course, We're going to start out today establishing this what what scripture says about this? And if you want to join us for that new podcast, Strange Encounters wherever you get podcasts, Episode one coming out this weekend, so be looking for that. It's it's a topic that you know, it's important to be handled in the right way. It sometimes has been ignored and sometimes I think that we're kind of we send people out into a battle that is going on, but they're not really prepared to fight it. So hopefully this can be used to educate and too, you know, maybe inform So episode one coming out this weekend. Looking forward to getting this opportunity to do that. Uh So, look for that wherever you get podcasts this weekend. Okay, so speedy you understand that, you know sometimes you know, now I feel like I can join in the conversations a little more. By the way, take a note maybe next segment, text Nation is claiming that Gary on his Instagram has posted his neighbors celebrating Senko to Mayo Demayo. Well he calls it to Mayo. Does Hey, my neighbors is overdoing Cinco de Mayo and so.
Speaker 2: We'll also posted a video of his dog being upset with him for getting in trouble. Oh really, okay, well maybe we'll we'll look at that later.
Speaker 1: But I feel like now I can join in on these comer on these conversations and speedy understanding you had some prepayers you had to do at the house, and you know, I was a little surprised that you didn't didn't reach out to me. I mean it's, well, you know how we different kind of lately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, different things kind of rub off on this, you know, different personalities, quirks and stuff like that. Find myself not believing anything that's a little bit of Greg. And sure, you know I have Rick your O c D. You know, want things right in.
Speaker 1: Order, don't have O c D. Just like things a certain way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel myself wrestling with everybody that's adler. Not that going. No, but you've been handy around the house. I'm going to roll around the house. Changed what you've What have you done? You need to fix the curtain rod? That was my latest. You changed a light bulb, and then what'd you screw down something?
Speaker 1: I changed out a nine volt battery. Nine vault battery was mixture, and I fixed fixed the door knob that was looser.
Speaker 2: And you went to a hardware store and got what you call.
Speaker 1: Leaf rake, and so there's different rakes. Handy people know the difference.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And so when Terry came to me yesterday and said, hey, the washing machines broke, I sprung into action. Oh so you called hobi. No, I did ask him. I said, what would you do? He go first, I'd get a Cycad wrench, and so I did. Uh, that's a big commitment. Yeah, and so then you know, you open up. Uh, it's you opened it up, and then you don't know what to expect. What have we got in here? And she was trying. She said something about drum and this and that and T shirt and uh, and so I opened it up, and sure enough, and I don't know how, but a T shirt had gotten stuck in the drum in a crack and it kind of sucked it down underneath it, which which just just clogged everything up that the drum wouldn't spin. It was a mess. So I looked and I said, well, I tell you what's wrong is is we got to get this agitator off, screw the agitator wash cap, and we need to get in there.
Speaker 1: I thought that was kind of rude. Did she leave herself?
Speaker 2: She did, and she said what it is, Greg here? And I was like, no, I said, according to Google here, because I did model number, you did google it. Well, I went. I went to the inside of the washing machine. I went model number, serial number and the problem, and it said, well, to get to releasing the drum and all that, you've got a first, take the wash plate off the agitator and all this kind of stuff to get to what you need to release the tension to release the shirt. Well, I go to the grudge and I get a cycond wrench extension fourteen inches wow and uh and connected it because the the agitator boy was deep. And so I get down in there and went called Terry to hold the drum so it wouldn't spin, pop the edged as to agitator off, release the drum. Got the T shirt out no way yet.
Speaker 1: Well there was something else. It was on the Google mu You had to move plate some kind of well it was a wash it was.
Speaker 2: It was a wash plate. That was the kind of the cap the top of the ghost to the agitator. But then when when I opened, when I pulled the agitator off that's connected to the drum, then everything starts falling in there. That was like, uh, it was one of the bitch to the to the socket wrene or whatever. So now you're hoping that it don't disappear into some hole, right, But luckily it didn't. So there were pieces of the shirt, but it got it good. I don't know, it's never happened. We've had this dishwasher for years. It's never happened. Yes, what's happened? It means it's gonna happen again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Probably it was one of those little fan workout shirts that you know, might somehow said dishwasher. I mean, i I'm washing machine. I'm sorry, and so use a dish washer then so then you got to put it back together. Yeah, plus the back, the.
Speaker 6: Back jammed in. The wedge in the back was that caangle hat?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's good. You know Cagle, I always said kango is the l silent Yeah, but we just say that Cale. We just always said kango hat.
Speaker 1: It has a kangaroo on it on it.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. But anyway, Rick I was able to put it back together. We we we we ran a cycle with nothing in it, and that some of a gun is working, I think better than ever, all right, And I kind of walked away, went over, washed my hands. My hands were a little dirty. Do you think that's bigger than what I did? I think that beats the rod.
Speaker 1: No, but think of the other things. Do you realize that nine vote battery was inside of the you know, the the lock that you have that you do the combination lot. I had to take that little play that and make sure you put it back and put it back right lefty, lefty, left you left you lefty left you left it fall out. I took it that, I took out the none vote battery, connected it correctly positive negative, put it back in righty, righty, righty, righty adjustment righty, righty, righty, righty, righty.
Speaker 2: I think I think got you this one. Yeah, could you work a socket wrench?
Speaker 1: You think if I can work work a Phillo said, surely?
Speaker 2: You know what I do?
Speaker 1: I do is that the one it to the suggestable. And it's like a mouth that opens and closes.
Speaker 2: That is not a soccer, nobody, that's not soccer. That's a crescent wrenching.
Speaker 6: That's a crescent the soccer.
Speaker 2: And yeah it has a socking. Yeah. Well if you got to do like spinning, get an extension on it too. Yeah. Yeah, but and I mean and I actually had to put two extensions together to make it work.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Hey Caltryan, hold the flashlight and I'm and I am, I'm waist deep in it. I mean just the way you talk, the way you say, the way you you take little phrases and put them together.
Speaker 6: And you've got a problem, man, You got a problem.
Speaker 2: Is sitting here.
Speaker 6: I'm just look here. This is a here you go, there's your wrench. Yeah, with a soccer extend.
Speaker 2: And it had to be fourteen inches long too. Wow. How did you how did you know?
Speaker 1: Did you measure it?
Speaker 2: I did? I got outside the agitator. Uh, the little tube and and it's it's what kind of what kind of wash are we talking?
Speaker 1: It was a may tag Okay, we're talking.
Speaker 2: The top loader top Okay, it's one of those big dogs too. You can fit like yeah, you know, yeah, but I mean I I dive closets in when I work on washers and dryers. I'm strictly commercial grade. Yeah, but but I was concerned I couldn't get it back together because you know, you take it apart and you're.
Speaker 1: All fine on you saw at three eighths dry. I think it was three eighths. I used the two quarter because it was that's not the thing.
Speaker 2: You know, wasn't that big.
Speaker 6: It's not a thing.
Speaker 2: But then you go down in there and you kind of working blind, kind of channel my dad, I usually work, I use a headlight. What headlights so I can see.
Speaker 6: That's a headlamp. Here's your different drive size? Rick, there you go, half thread.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a three hs ago. I think it was three ights uh. And then and yeah, I didn't believe it was three eighths.
Speaker 6: That'll really mess you up having the wrong one, by the way, Yeah, but you gotta have one. Yeah, have one.
Speaker 2: Everyone.
Speaker 6: I have a deep well socket.
Speaker 1: Dude. Yeah, that's the reason why I always keep with me no matter what's going on. I've got one Philip's head, one crushing rich That'll do it.
Speaker 2: You can fix anything. I put like a station. I put like a ten, you know, and then connected like a six to it, and then got kind of kind of handy a little bit. And I gotta tell you, even after supper, she said, but I'll tell you what I can. I believe you fix that machine.
Speaker 1: Couldn't take her eyes off of you know. She just stared at me. She was well, she was cooking. Old handyman was in her head.
Speaker 2: Uh huh oh yeah she will.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Here from the Rick Burgers Show Tomorrow, big happenings, another birdes ball battle, the vox seats will feel and of course Speedy, Greg and Adler will join me as we break down the stories of the day. You never know what might happen on the next Rick Burgess Show. You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube and subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV.