Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Get in on the action with Draftking Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. New customers who deposit five dollars or more can get no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars back in bonus bets. Download the Draft King Sportsbook app now and use Cold Shannon. New customers can get a no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars if your first bet loses. Only own Draft King Sportsbook with Cold Shannon. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario. One no sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus betsics fire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuings. See dkang dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us again for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 4: I am your favorite Uncle Shannon Sharp.
Speaker 2: He's your favorite Number eighty five rout Runner, Extraordinary Bengals, Ring of Fame, Honorey Pro Bowler, All Pro, Liberty City's own I Way, Santa Monica Junior College, all the way up to Oregon State, came all the way back down to get his career started in Cincinnati where he took off and we all know and love him. Mister rail Risotto, Chad Ocho, Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that like button. Make sure you hit that subscribe button. We're now Ocho at officially one million, one hundred and eighty three thousand subs, very close to one point two million, guys. We're also nominated for Whether You're Ward and Webby Award for Best Sports Podcast. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. Oh Cho winning second place by one percent behind New Heights, which are the Kelsey Brothers. Now we know they got the swiftest pushing them.
Speaker 4: But you don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but hey, yeah, they can't mess with the Nightcappers. The night campers ay, they say, hey, we're gonna get this for our for our and our face and oho.
Speaker 5: So yeah we're gonna we need to get that.
Speaker 1: Please please, those of you that are watching, please vote. No disrespect. I love the Kelseys, but we got to win this. We got to win this people. We need y'all, we need you behind us to make sure we pull this off now.
Speaker 2: So thank you guys. Thank you guys for voting and supporting us from the very beginning. We greatly greatly appreciate that, so please make sure you sign up and go vote. We've also please make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. You can listen to Club Nightcap through the Club Shay Shape feed, but we would greatly appreciate it if you subscribe and listen to us through the night Cafee. Thank you guys again for selling out. Shaved by Laportier. We have penned the link at the top of the chat. We're only taking pre orders, but with the supply that we have then we should be able to fulfill all orders. So thank you guys for selling out shaved by Laportier. We do have it back in stock and so we should be able to accommodate all orders. And I want to thank you guys for doing that. Oh cho, let's jump right into it because we got a busy night tonight. Time for our first segment of the night, and it's a NewsCap.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Stefan Diggs is headed to Houston.
Speaker 2: The Texas Hey Texans traded a twenty twenty five second round pick to the Bills.
Speaker 4: In exchange.
Speaker 2: Buffalo is also sending Houston a twenty twenty four to sixth round pick and a twenty twenty five fifth round pick.
Speaker 4: Here's in the Buffalo.
Speaker 2: A reporter for Buffalo reported Buffalo's patients were thin with dig the evidence after his performance slip. The Bills were so motivated to move him that they took on the largest dead money cap hit in NFL history, which is thirty one million dollars. Signs between Signs of tension between Diggs and his quarterback were obvious when cameras caught Diggs screaming at Josh Allen doing the Bills playoff lost to the Bengals.
Speaker 4: Two season ago.
Speaker 2: That was followed by absol the mandatory mini camp, among other distractions. Earlier this week, Diggs posted someone tweeted, say, does Josh benefit from having a top tier receiver?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is he'll send you to his success. No, Diggs tweeted, are you sure, Oh Joe?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Remember I remember what I said? Remember what I said? What did I say? Oh Joe?
Speaker 5: What would you? Would you tell me? Baby? Remind me refreshment memory.
Speaker 2: I'm okay, I said, Oh Joe said, Oho, the tolerance until they could replace you, I said. We we've seen teams who's a better receiver? Him or po? Digs of till who's a better receiver?
Speaker 5: I mean, TiO is one of the best of all time.
Speaker 4: And when people got tired of here, what do they do? Who's a better receiver? Him?
Speaker 2: Or random Moss? And when people got tired of moss behavior, what do they do? Oh Joe, who's a better receiver?
Speaker 4: Him?
Speaker 2: A A b ab That's what I was basically gonna looking at the history of great receivers at some point in time, them teams are them teams.
Speaker 4: That get tired of us?
Speaker 5: And nah, well let me, let me let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something now anytime as receivers, we are passionate, we're not quiet. We didn't abide by the standards in which the media or NFL analysts think we should live and conduct ourselves by. Where we're considered divas, we're we're considered prima Donna's because depending on who you are, the goalposts seemed to move depending on who you are. Sometimes you have the complex the protection. Sometimes you have the protection for the complexion. And when you're when you're boisterous, you know you're passionate about it. But when it's when it when, it's depending on who it is, and it ain't passionate. It's you're angry, or you're a diva, or you're arguing with your quarterback. Is not it's it's weird to me is when you see someone in the middle of the game and exchange and exchanging I call it exchanging pleasantries between the quarterback and receiver. It happens all the time. It happened with Tom Brady and his receivers. There's there's footage of it happening all the time. Now we need different instances depending on who the receiver is at at hand or that's doing it, or the quarterback that's doing it is taken different, sometimes being disruptive and sometimes it's passionate. It all depends on who it is that's doing the hauling. If you if you hear what I'm saying now when it comes to Diggs, he's one that wears his emotion on the shoulders. Many of the great ones do myself, honestly what I say, but the sleeve, to see, the sleeve is on the shoulder. Hey, that's one thing I could do. I'll be sucking it up.
Speaker 5: Listen. But Diggs is very passionate.
Speaker 1: Digg is very passionate, as was Randy Moss, as is t O as was a b as was Daz Bryant.
Speaker 5: Do you do you notice?
Speaker 1: Do you notice that the lineage of a great of greatness that I'm naming as was me. It's just it's just it's just just the way it is. Sometimes I've seen Tom Brady erupt on the sidelines. Do they say he's angry?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You know the first thing we love to see that passion from that player. Well no, wait, wait, let me finish, let me finish. I let you get your point, acros'n let's get your point.
Speaker 5: Across. But then when Dan's does it, or when Diggs does it, or Joah, even Josh Allen.
Speaker 1: Does it, it's seen as passionate. But when Ding does it, or I do it, or Daz Brian does it, oh, he's a problem. He's a cancer for the locker room. Look at what he's doing on the sideline. He's being disruptive. He's a cancer like just all type of listen. He is a player that wants to win. It's a player that wants to be involved in the in the game. It's a player that knows if he gets his touches, he can help the team win offensively.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 1: So I understand where's frustrations come from. You probably not gonna agree with me, But as a receiver myself that has been in situations later down later, later down the line in my career and understanding that I can affect the game. I can hit my head off the goal post from anywhere on the field, I can get it, I can get open all I need, all I need for you to do is give me an opportunity and.
Speaker 5: Call a play for me. Sometimes they're not gonna catch every play. No, I'm human.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna mess up, I'm gonna have drops, but just give me the opportunities and the chances that you would always give me if I was a younger player. Try not to weed me out of the system and then say, oh my production and drop, knowing damn where you're responsible for dropping in the goddamn first place.
Speaker 5: But I'm going ahead that you got got passion.
Speaker 2: Did you see Randy Moss display that passion in front of Tom Brady? Did he get in Tom Brady's face in Brady or talking about giving me the damn ball?
Speaker 4: Have you ever saw that? Yes? Or no?
Speaker 5: I can't recollect right now too.
Speaker 2: Did he ever display that in front of Steve Young or did he diet it in front of Jeff Garcia and other quarterbacks? Yes or no, no, sir, And you see what happened. They got tired of that. Ab could have did that to another quarterback. Steve's got tired of him doing it as big being so. In other words, what I'm saying is Josh Allen has started to garner the count of respect.
Speaker 4: Now. Whether or not he's the replayer of Tom Brady, we know he's not.
Speaker 2: We know he's not the player of repeate Manning and these other great quarterbacks, but in the Bill's eyes.
Speaker 4: And that's what you have to understand.
Speaker 2: See, that's why you can never That's why you can't look at somebody else and say, well, he makes that their or the way their organization treats him might be different the way the organization, this organization treats you. And so you have to be mindful of that. But I told you, I'm just looking from a distance. I'm a player, you're player. But I talked to a lot of general managers, and I talked to a lot of people that's in problem of position, and it was universal.
Speaker 4: It won't be long.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what else is universal?
Speaker 1: It was universal that I don't think he wanted to even be there this this season coming up, because he understood, he understood, well, I'm not I'm not I'm not talking about him not being there. I'm not talking about him not being there. The window of opportunity had closed. The window of opportunity that had closed. Listen, hold on, Yes, he was well, hold on, hold on when when he was in the house where they using him to the best of ability to make sure they can get past the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 5: I'm just asking, were they not he.
Speaker 4: Arrived in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: No receiver in NFL has more targets than one Stefan Diggs since he arrived in Buffalo. No wide receiver has more catchers than Stefan Diggs. So this notion that he wasn't used O Joe is not being trued by what you're perpetrate, perpetuation.
Speaker 5: Have a question, have a question? Did the Buffalo Bills know it? Have they have they? Have they been a Super Bowl? Have they gotten out outside of the AFC champions.
Speaker 4: Then went to the Champions game? Divisional run? As far as they don't. My point, it got him wrong the exactly he became Marl No, no, what he was worth? Thank you?
Speaker 5: No, that is wrong.
Speaker 1: That is wrong, and you're not gonna be able to replace that guy. Damn production, write a goddamn way and we will. We listen, and we're gonna address this situation again with them, the Buffalo Bills moving on from Stefan Diggs because I don't have I don't have the numbers in front of me. Wait, stay with me now, I I don't have the numbers in front of me right now. But the production between Stefan Diggs and Josh Allen four years, right, correct, four years they were together, right, four years. Immaculate production through those four years, immaculate, and nobody is going to be able to replace that production. You might get some of it back, you might get some of it back, But the important games where it mattered, they allowed team to dictate the way they can use him. They've allowed team to take him out of games. And then we come back on on on shows like US or people on TV will say, well, his production dip in some of the most important games. No, No, it absolutely did not. Yes, he had some of the most targets. Yes, he had some of those catches. And the god damn regular season when it mattered most, they allowed him to dictate whether he got the ball or not. And then at the end of the goddamn game, all of a sudden, he's supposed to make this historic, crazy, goddamn catch when he hasn't been used and he he didn't win. Goddamn cold for three quarters straight, playoff time five for forty, playoff time four for thirty two. What the goddamn eleven games stretch of having no more than fifty yards Like, come on, uh, come.
Speaker 4: On, I'm not arguing with it. I'm just trying to let me ask your question.
Speaker 2: You say Buffalo didn't make it to the AFC Championship Game and they didn't make it out of it with Stefan Diggs on that team that didn't make it to the AFC Championship Game or to the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Yes, so they can get to that far.
Speaker 2: They can get just as far without it as they did with it and save themselves thirty five men?
Speaker 4: See what you do? What you fail to realize?
Speaker 5: Oh well, that's a whole nother story. You heard me. I ain't even bring up the goddamn salary cap hit.
Speaker 2: I telling you because if somebody would eat, that's the largest non quarterback dead money in NFL history.
Speaker 4: So what does that? Jaill? Yo jo?
Speaker 1: You know why it's the largest? Because what does the cap do every year? What does the market do every year? But no, okay, have a how about this? What if what if Steph was an angel? He was an angel and he didn't say nothing. You think the goddamn Buffalo Bills was still gonna take on that goddamn.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh man, yes, you know they weren't gonna take on no thirty one, twenty eight million dollar cap hit.
Speaker 4: I told you what happen. I told you what was gonna happen. You ain't want to listen to me. Hold on, I listen.
Speaker 5: He didn't want to be there anyway.
Speaker 4: I told you that.
Speaker 5: I knew that.
Speaker 1: I understood that, but I tried to defend it because I felt there was no better situation from a quarterback perspective than being in Buffalo.
Speaker 5: And then all of a sudden, what did I say.
Speaker 1: I say, Man, if Stefan Diggs leave, If Stefan Diggs leave Buffalo, whenever I see Him'm gonna be eat his ass.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I said it in a joking manner because I was thinking about situations that would be good for him outside of Buffalo.
Speaker 5: This motherfucking went to Houston.
Speaker 1: Well, goddamn, I run through the Goddamn I run through the streets of Houston, but ass naked if I was Stepan Diggs, because I'm going to an even better situation because now I got Nego Collins, I got Tangdal, I have a rookie quarterback that have one of the most historic seasons of all time, and That's where I'm going to play. Now that I think about it when I was in Buffalo. Hell, we get to the playoffs, what the team do? Oh, we're just gonna double digs? And what are the Buffalo What did the Buffalo Bills the officer of coordinator do? Or we're gonna just let them. We're gonna let We're gonna let y'all double him, and we're just gonna work everybody else instead of force feed the ball to put digs in positions to make plays.
Speaker 5: Now wait, wait, let me let me finish. Baby, I'm gonna le's you talk. Stay with me now.
Speaker 1: Now in Houston, you got Nico Collins, you got Tangdale, and you have Stefan Diggs.
Speaker 5: Who are they gonna double? Who are gonna double you?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 5: Now? These are the coordinator You can have to pick your poison. Now you gotta keep you.
Speaker 4: Is gonna get a hundred and seventy targets with those other two guys there?
Speaker 5: I have a question.
Speaker 4: And answer it.
Speaker 5: Okay, let let me stay with me.
Speaker 1: He doesn't need a hund Why did he eat him in Buffalo? But that's the that's the way they fed him, that's the way they find him.
Speaker 5: But let me tell you this. Let me tell you what he can do. I bet he had. I bet he had about thirteen fourteen hundred yards. Can I tell you?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 5: Can I tell you?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: Do you remember the two thousand and eight No? Wait, was it twenty twelve or two thousand and eight? What year was the cardon?
Speaker 5: What year did the Arizona Cardinals have three thousand yard receivers?
Speaker 4: Twenty?
Speaker 1: It was to that chat chat with a twenty twenty eight or twenty twelve. I'm I'm ma'am you God damn my memory bad.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I don't think you understand what he's going to do with that. I understand, but you don't understand that his targets are not going to be what they were.
Speaker 4: Don't you not?
Speaker 5: But he's so efficient?
Speaker 4: Why did he do what he did? Why did he do that? In Buffalo?
Speaker 1: He wants sufficient look at the numbers of the past four years in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: No, no, note, I'm talking about last year with hold On break even teammates Secure Khalil Shakir had more yards on thirty seven, fewer targets went from in the last seven games?
Speaker 4: Did you hold On?
Speaker 2: In the last seven games, Khalil Secure had more yards than one Stefan Diggs on thirty two fear of targets. So if he's gonna be that efficient.
Speaker 5: Now not We're not finna do that. We're not going to do that.
Speaker 1: And you know the plays that they're running for him, and then God damn shallows them, goddamned crosses and Shakur is running routes.
Speaker 5: He was running intermediate routes and d balls, so.
Speaker 4: Any of that, he didn't run none of those routes.
Speaker 1: Do you know they allowed Stefan dis to disappear the last eleven weeks of the season. They purposely so we could be having a discussion and saying that there's a diffenus production that allowed him to disappeared the last eleven weeks of the season.
Speaker 4: It's okay, And I put it to you like this, let me ask your question.
Speaker 5: I'm so if I took mcglackles off, that's how serious you know I am?
Speaker 2: If a man, if a man, let's say he has he's worth five billion dollars and he doesn't have a pre nup and he's willing to give his wife half. What does that tell you he's tired of that and he's willing to give up half of his network to move on. They're willing to take on a thirty one million dollar Daan cap hit for a quarterback.
Speaker 4: What does that tell you?
Speaker 5: Well, it tells me that the window of opportunity is closed and you might as well move on.
Speaker 4: He was in the house. He got burnt up in the house too.
Speaker 2: So in other words, in other words, to make a long story short, and I'm sorry I made I was long and made it longer than what it should have been. In they're saying, if we can only get to the okay, if we can only get to the visual round with Stefan digs, we can get that far without him?
Speaker 4: Oh oh, oh you can. You can't.
Speaker 1: So who the hellly gonna throw the Who the helly gonn throw the goddamn ball to to even get there?
Speaker 5: Let me hear this, Let me and me hear this. Who they gonna throw the ball to even get there?
Speaker 1: I'm just asking, I'm just asking because let me, let me, let me, let me, let me tell you something.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen when there's no true number one receiver on the goddamn field and when you dropped back, it ain't no where to go with the goddamn ball. Let's be realistic. What happens when you don't have a prolific, a elite route runner that changes the dynamic of your offense. It's gonna be a it's gonna be a cold day in hell in Buffalo when you realize that, I don't care who the fuck you get in the draft, no disrespecting nothing, young bulls coming out.
Speaker 2: And you step You said that in Minnesota with the draft pick they got from Buffalo. Guess who tell the people at home who they're selected in Minnesota? Justin Jefferson? You think you think you is there? Justsein Jefferson?
Speaker 5: Is there?
Speaker 4: Justin Jefferson?
Speaker 2: Whoa?
Speaker 1: We talked about the Buffalo Bills that pick one, pick one eight? Is there somebody in this draft? Are you trying to equate somebody in the draft?
Speaker 4: Just heard reading up?
Speaker 5: Yeah, stay gonna be real quick. Marvin Harrison Junior.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be go on top five, Malik Neighbors, it's gonna be going top ten.
Speaker 4: This one more young boy?
Speaker 5: What's the young boys? Brian?
Speaker 1: Brian, you wouldn't be leven, You would not be eleven. Hey, they gonna be gone. Ain't gonna be no trading up. It ain't nobody here, ain't nobody else following the Buffalo bills to go hit them?
Speaker 5: Why not or trading that for them?
Speaker 1: Man, those are generational talents. That's gonna go the first three they out of their top ten, Them boys gone.
Speaker 2: What if they are going Buffalo willing to for what if buff Buffalo willing to mortgage to move up to get a TARB receiver. If that's what they choose to do, now, maybe they're they're content with Khalilshakir or Wandale Robinson to Lodjah more. I don't know, Oh Joe, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I have nothing, but I have nothing but respect for the rahieves out in Buffalo right here and right now.
Speaker 1: Nothing but respect. But there's a difference between Steph and everyone else you name that still in the roster. I'm sure. I'm sure they're good. I haven't had the opportunity to sit down and Watchington boys. I haven't haven't, so I can't say anything bad about them. But I'm what we're not gonna do is we're not going to discredit the body of work and the skill set up step on this.
Speaker 5: Because you're just saying, you're just saying they can't put up with it. And where was he? He was there, they were using him, they.
Speaker 4: Were using him.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, even great part of even great Randy Maul and t O those teams didn't replace that production. But they're failing your more problem than your word. What don't you get about that?
Speaker 4: Services?
Speaker 5: I mean, well, listen, if if, if you're not a problem, they're gonna get rid of any guy, damn way, because it's the way to be.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, he is the motherfucking model citizen. He's a model citizen.
Speaker 4: What you're just saying, he's.
Speaker 5: A he's a model saying he's a model citizen.
Speaker 1: On and off the field, and you and who you think everybody want to be like that, saying no, it's the fact show you make it seem like what.
Speaker 5: Everybody everybody does not want to operate like that. That's not the way. Everybody's not cool. That works for Larry Fitzgerald, that doesn't work for Stefan.
Speaker 4: And it didn't for me. What you're trying to make it seems like it doesn't matter that y'all.
Speaker 2: If you become more problem than you worse, they'll get ridio ass at Google, Apple at.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's all. Listen, I understand that.
Speaker 1: Listen, your girl will get rid of you. Your girl would get rid of you the same concept, and not just football, it's.
Speaker 4: In life in jeral.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but i'm i'm, I'm, I'm trying to dive deeper into context. And even if you are getting rid of one of the one of the greatest, one of the best, especially in today's game. And I don't like the fact that we will nitpick at certain things that out of his control. But I can dive a little deeper and tell you why the numbers look the way they do. I can tell you why he's upset.
Speaker 5: I can tell you.
Speaker 1: I can tell you why he's lashing out and having those emotions where he's considered a diva or he's cancer ver So No, because he understands I can help us win these games. There's no reason why I should be in a playoff game and have four or three catches for forty yards and we're and we're really talking about like, come on, man, we're really trying to win.
Speaker 5: One more thing. I did have a question. I have a question for future. Stay with me, baby, chat. I have a question for you last year, last.
Speaker 1: Year, or just in general. Let's be realistic. Who is the Buffalo Bill's best officer weapon?
Speaker 4: Josh Allen?
Speaker 1: H he has the ball in his hand. Outside of Josh Allen, who is a Bill's best office a weapon?
Speaker 4: Okay, you can say Stefan Diggs like that, baby, what's.
Speaker 2: That? He was their best offensive weapon outside of Josh Allen. They got to the divisional round. The Buffalo Bill says, you know what, with more heart, with we can get that just grundleness, that dissatisfaction, that's unhappiness out of here and still get to the still get to the divisional round.
Speaker 5: Guess what you want to bet? You want to bet they don't. I go bet you they don't.
Speaker 2: But see, what you fail to realize is that the way take and businesses operate, they'll sacrifice a year or two to get that out of the office place or the locker room. You know that.
Speaker 5: You know that, say that sacrifice you talk about. Guess where the coach.
Speaker 1: Gonna be Guess anyway, Okay, I'm just saying this sacrifice we talk about, guess who's gonna suffer the coach. The coach is Gonnauff. Because he's gonna get fired because if they don't find anybody, and I'm telling you're not, ain't not, You're not gonna be able to replace it. This ain't no, just no any old goddamn bride receiver. And I don't like the fact that we're talking about him like he's just any old goddamn bride receiver. Matter of fact, he's so goddamn good. That's why he's part of the goddamn discussion to open up bank cap. But he's going on to a he's going on to a better situation. And I want to talk about what he gonna do with goddamn Tank Dell nic.
Speaker 2: Remember, yes, sir, how many how many Super the last two Super Bowls? Who won the last two Super Bowls? The Chiefs their best receiver. What did he end up going? Because the chief says he's gonna be more of a problem because if we don't give it what he's asking for, he's gonna call the problem.
Speaker 4: We're better.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's easy to do that, though, when you have, when you have probably the greatest talent to be at the helm at the back position, if you don't have a Patrick Mahome, there's no way to overcome that.
Speaker 5: Are you saying, Josh, are you.
Speaker 4: Saying five quarterback?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, nobody is Patrick?
Speaker 5: So okay, I have a question. I have a question.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, with them getting rid of Stefan Diggs despite the production of not being able to replace the production, they're going to bring somebody else in and Josh Allen is going to be able to carry the team and be able to make up for that lost production.
Speaker 5: What Stefan did going which Mahomes has proven he can do. At the end of the day, O Joe, if you don't win, they don't end at the end of the day. Did they don't?
Speaker 4: End of what saying?
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, Ojo, if you don't win the title, what have you actually done? So having Stefan Diggs, that's what you're saying. You said that production, where is it gonna get that?
Speaker 4: So? What did that production get me to the divisional round? Okay? What did it get me after that? Ojo? Did it get me to an AFC Championship game? Did it get me to a super Bowl?
Speaker 2: So, in other words, you want me to stomach all that bull JYB that he's doing the behavior that he's just playing you want me to stomach that.
Speaker 1: Why we acting This has always been a part of football in general. Let mean, come on, man, and.
Speaker 4: Guess what what's also football?
Speaker 5: I told you it depends. It depends on who's doing it. Then it's behavior. Then it's a issue, then it's cancerous.
Speaker 4: It all depends on who's doing it.
Speaker 2: The only person that's exempt from the bad behavior is the quarterback. No other position is gonna be able to do that, Ojo, especially a wide receiver. You know that.
Speaker 4: You you make it seem like this is all of a sudden just happening.
Speaker 5: Go back.
Speaker 4: They're not gonna let you do it, Ojo. So and these guys are not gonna change it. These teams.
Speaker 2: If Fatima eat eighty five if Fatima eat eighty five million, what you think they'll do with thirty one million?
Speaker 4: What you think they ain't fifty million with Rogers? What you think they'll do? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, I understand it. It's the nature of the business. It's the nature of the beast. It has always been that way. They want you to be robots. Then when these model sitsons show no show show hey, show no passion, so show no emotion, just sit on the sideline.
Speaker 5: But things don't go wrong.
Speaker 4: Just stare out.
Speaker 1: That's not that that's that's not, that's that's not that's not the way we operate. That's not the way we are when it comes to playing the game of football. The game of football is a game of emotion and passion and highs and lows, peaks and valleys.
Speaker 5: And that's just the way it is.
Speaker 1: And depending on who you are, especially receivers that happen to wear their emotions on their sleeve. Did I say it right the time? We get that label, and I understand. And if you played the game which you have, you understand why he's feeling that way. You understand why he has those outbursts sometimes. But we tend to overlook that purposely and ask your question. Wait a minute, give me a minute so I can answer. Let me wipe my head because I'm I'm in his sweat.
Speaker 4: I like this ship.
Speaker 5: I can talk about this bit here for for goddamn hour.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: So read out from your house. You go out there and people say, hey, l Joe. On Monday, Tuesdays and Fridays. The cops out there, yes, sir, So make sure you drive within the speed limit. You know the cops out there Monday, Tuesdays and Fridays on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. On Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays, how are you going to drive on that street?
Speaker 5: You sixteen an hour?
Speaker 2: So if receivers know that that behavior is not going to be tolerated and it's going to bed and look that differently than the quarterback, why exhibit that behavior?
Speaker 5: So basically, what you're telling me is because they have a certain set of rules in place, we need you to suppress who you actually are. The police may get that money, go ahead and make two hundred million dollars, and then you act the food say I hated every man of the being where I was, But you know what, I ain't sacrificing none of this money.
Speaker 4: I don't like it. I don't like it.
Speaker 5: Hey, I got another choice for you. Chat. Stay with me, right you ready?
Speaker 1: The NFL, during the tenure that I played, had a set of rules, and if you break those rules, they take your money and they find you. Right, did I ever stop getting fined?
Speaker 4: You didn't care about your finance?
Speaker 5: Wait, listen to me.
Speaker 1: Let me let me tell you, Let me tell you, Let me tell you something. I'm one of the best, especially when it comes to financial when it comes to save the money. You know why I never stopped getting fined because the NFL is all about control. The NFL feels as players, how do we keep these motherfuckers in line? You take what your You take what they value most, the money. I didn't care about the money. I was gonna make it. I was gonna make it regardless. I'm playing to stay with me, not real quick. I'm going to play the game of football the way I feel it should be played and the way I played it as a little kid coming out of the Liberty City, the Optimists. I'm gonna come out here and smile. I'm gonna talk my ship, and when I get in the end zone, I'm gonna celebrate. I'm not gonna act like I've been there before, because I have. I worked my ass off to get to this point out in practice, goddamn all, goddamn week, and if I get in this damn in zone, I'm gonna act like I've never been there before because I haven't been in the NFL again. They take your money because it's the only way they think they can control us. Because if they think that's what they think we value most most of us do well, Goddamn, I gotta behave because if I don't behave, they're gonna take my money. That's the whip. That's how they keep niggas in oh ship. I'm sorry, my bad, my bad, my bad, God, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: Joe, but I'm trying to say right. That's that's why I say to keep you in line. We know if you take it, if we if we take his money, we can get into bablet.
Speaker 2: Ask your question, if my bad Seriously, seriously, if the NFL had deemed your your behavior conduct detrimental to the NFL, it would have been more than a fine, wouldn't it. You and y ain't conduct detrimental and your team didn't do what you were doing as conduct detrimental. As a matter of fact, they said, you know what, oh yo, the model teammate, he ain't causing no problem there In lives, the Difference team has started to say this is becoming a distraction. This is starting to drive a wedge in between the team because you got some guys that were teams step and there's some guys that are like, man, this behavior is not conducive for us winning.
Speaker 5: So now, and you know what another I like that.
Speaker 4: I like that you did that.
Speaker 1: But you know what else it does is if he was a model citism, model citizen, they would have found any goddamn way to make sure they can't blame her on the quarterback. So the fact that he was one that showed his emotion while he was playing it made him an easy target to take the attention off of the actual problems on why they were failing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's what That's what it does.
Speaker 1: You know, No, we focusing on digs and digs showing the emotion while playing the game and not really addressing addressing the real issue, the elephant in the room on why they're not getting to the AFT champion or making it to the Super Bowls. That wouldn't have opportunity to close it. And it has nothing to do with Stefan goddamn pigs. But he because if he's there, because he's the easy he's an easy he's there. Why does he bear any culpability with the tis with the transgression he does?
Speaker 5: He does, but he's an easy target because he is the face, he is the offense.
Speaker 1: He's the one that they're saying it disgruntle and showing emotion on the sideline. But let's address all the other issues on why they're not making it, because that has nothing to do with Stefon Diggs in general. That's a deeper conversation that I really can't dig into it. We're not we're not all the facts right there.
Speaker 2: But it's not like he's bought like in these playoff games that he's bawling out that he's going for a buck ninety and three touchdowns.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you just said that. I'm glad you just said that. The buck ninety, a buck ninety with three touchdowns. You know, with a buck ninety with three toestdowns, the opportunities have to be they have to come in both, they have to come in volume because they're already When the Buffalo Bills break the huddle, the defense makes their set on wherever Stefan Digg's lines up. That's how they call it defensive play. Hey, fourteen is left, fourteen in the slot.
Speaker 4: What may help? What may help me?
Speaker 1: We've finish, man, come on now, and I think what we could do, but we don't have time to And if I had the numbers, in front of me. I could really really break it down game by game, as you can see how we did in the in the in the regular season and the last eleven weeks of the season, and how it carried over into the playoffs, and how the numbers suffered drastically, and how they allowed team to take him away and instead of finding ways the forest, feeding the ball and finding ways to put him in position to make plays to kind of change the outcome of the game.
Speaker 5: No, they didn't do that.
Speaker 4: We didn't do that. They didn't do that.
Speaker 2: Player can allow themselves to be taken away by Mo bempouding on the field. Let's here with DeShawn Jackson. Think he knows why Stefan Diggs left Buffalo.
Speaker 6: D jack It is deeper, like you said, It's not just him not being a football player being able to you know, get the statistics.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It's something deeper and we don't.
Speaker 4: I don't really I can't see.
Speaker 6: Hear him tell you I know, but I just know as far as quarterback receiver, they really didn't have. I wouldn't say the wouldn't eye to eye, but it was just more of him wanting to win. I think, you know what I'm saying in there, and I don't feel like he thought they was going to be able to beat the Chiefs.
Speaker 5: That's AFC East. I'm not the FC East.
Speaker 4: The AFC Conference is the Chiefs.
Speaker 6: And I feel like I think he would rather go with the young quarterback and you know, a new team that's driving, I mean, it's thriving, instead of staying with the Bills where they every year getting beat by the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: He didn't think they could beat the Chiefs. That's a statement right there.
Speaker 6: I mean that's now We've seen it the year after year after year. I mean, what is it about four, four or five years?
Speaker 4: It's been tough. They could be they couldn't sincinn that either.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, because they got Joe Burrow what talking.
Speaker 4: So let me ask your question.
Speaker 2: Was he there when they lost to Joe Shisty in Cincinnati with Stefan dig did he play?
Speaker 5: Yes, Listen, I don't that's not fair. Don't don't do me like that.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I really don't have numbers in front of me to really to really argue back and fight tooth and nail on every little thing. But again with L Homie, what D Jack said with L hommie on the hood. I love Jack and he has an understanding. I don't think he really wanted to say it like he like he wanted to based on but I say it for him.
Speaker 5: I'll say it for him. He's going to a better situation, Josh Allen. It's great.
Speaker 1: As great as he is, he's going to have to show he's as good as we think he is without that elite talent around him. He's gonna have to show it now. Because again, when you don't have a true number one, things get very difficult. When you don't have a guy that you can count on. Come hell of high water where I can I can put a blindfold on my quarterback and snap the ball and know.
Speaker 5: I can count on this dude nine times out of ten to get over, to get over.
Speaker 2: So he don't want to grind it out. He want to go jump to a ready mate that's neither here or there. But that's okay, Hey, that.
Speaker 5: A ready made team, ready mate.
Speaker 2: Took the playoff last year. This Houston take to go to the playoff fast year with a ricket quarterback.
Speaker 1: So are you saying that's a ready may team. That's a ready made team. Of the fact that they got lucky and got one of the best quarterback. Don't you do that the playoffs last year in the city Chiefs is a ready made team make the playoffs?
Speaker 4: Did they win ten wins last year?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 5: Hold on the Bills made the playoffs last year?
Speaker 1: My point, So you so are the Bills that are a ready made team to then, right, Yes, that's a team.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, listen, we gonna we don't see. We gonna see. Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: We now watch how Josh Allen numbers struggle with our Stephan Diggs. And we're gonna come back to this issue when we do a nightcap chat, y'all. Remember when the season comes and we're gonna bring it up. I'm gonna say'm gona look at it. I'nna say what I told you.
Speaker 2: This. This is thirteen. He wanted, he wanted, he wanted. He wanted out of Minnesota. Listen to Ojo. He wanted out of Minnesota. He wasn't getting the target. He felt he was the best. Okay, they're bliged it. He went to Buffalo, he got he was a most targets, most catches I think third or fourth and yards, yes, and yards he wasn't happy at some point in time. It's not the destination, it's not it's not it's not Bali, it's not the mall De's it's not Fantarini. It's the visitor that's going to visit these places that's unhappy.
Speaker 5: Well I don't okay, okay, wait a minute, Wait a minute.
Speaker 1: The person visiting when he goes to to Bali, when he goes to the Bahamas, when he goes to the mall these he wants to have a great experience. And while he's there on that experience, he's going to do all he can to make sure that he gets that experience with the amenities that are at his disposal. So when he's doing his job, because the numbers reflect just that. At Minnesota, the numbers reflect just that. At Buffalo, well, goddamn, I'm not getting the goddamned results. I won't we'll sh I really don't have no guy there for them. Will send me, send me the funk home.
Speaker 2: So he's the only way that didn't get the results he wanted. Everybody else got the results they wanted in Buffalo except him.
Speaker 1: No, but I mean, but everybody else ain't getting shipped on everybody else what everybody else trying to miss some aggressive on the internet, which I told you. Listen, babe, But wait a minute, Wait a minute, let's let's let's read into this. You got to understand he's in a better pross. He's in a better place than he finished.
Speaker 2: You and I we discussed you and I have been discussing this for like thirty five minutes, and all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Is this is that hold on, We've been talking for thirty five.
Speaker 2: Minutes probably, But all I'm saying is this is that I told you this day was coming sooner rather than later.
Speaker 4: You did? You did?
Speaker 5: You did?
Speaker 1: You did? And I kind of tried to argue the fact because I loved Steph, I loved Josh Allen, and I understand that little dynamic and what they have was great. And I also understood the window opportunity was closing, especially how they allowed teams to take him away when it matters most. I just it just I just didn't want to say I just didn't want.
Speaker 4: To agree with you.
Speaker 5: So I was arguing just to argue the fact.
Speaker 4: The wife just to be a wife.
Speaker 2: To peed back to day, Pat McAfee and talked about the current rules in the NFL and compared to the rules.
Speaker 4: During his career. Freenie, I'd retired at the perfect time, do you agree.
Speaker 5: I mean, Dwight Freeney said it. Tom Brady's come out and said it.
Speaker 1: Many other players have come out and said it about the way the game is changed in general, and everyone has addressed their sentiments on the direction of the game to this point.
Speaker 5: Again, the NFL is doing it. What's the key word that they say is for what? Safety?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the keyword is for safety, but there are other little things that they continue to put in the continue generate revenue. Yeah, like the continue to continue to drive and generate revenue. Because at the end of the day, the NFL will always be about their money, about their money, and you you it come, there's no other way around it. Always, even though they will lead and preach about safety as much as they do and try to change the game for the betterment of the players in long term NFL.
Speaker 2: NFL don't right checks. They receive checks. So let me tell you how much they care about safety. You know, Christmas falls on Wednesday this year. Guess what they're gonna have. They have on third y'alls, Old Joe, that's what they're gonna have on Friday.
Speaker 4: O Joe.
Speaker 5: Well, if they don't get me from wrong now, football.
Speaker 2: Yes, So you mean to tell me the team's gonna play, A team's gonna play unless you got a bye week. So you mean to tell me a team gonna play Sunday and then turn right around and play again on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Day. But I ain't saying that we do, oh George, for safety.
Speaker 5: It's for safety, you got it.
Speaker 1: Listen, you got to be able to see through the smoking mirrors and understand what it is at the end of the day.
Speaker 5: You got to be able to see through it.
Speaker 2: I mean it's great for us on Jo cause we got you know, we're gonna be all We're gonna be on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. We were gonna be rolling. Were rolling six days.
Speaker 4: Straight, right right.
Speaker 2: But I'm just I'm just saying I think the thing is that if people really sat down, like I understand. Look, there are certain elements of the game that they try to take out. I understand the horse calling, and I understand the help drop, and I understand a lot of things, O Joe. But you can't say safety is our number one concern. And then you add a game, and then you look and they said, well, in twenty thirty, we're looking to go to eighteen game schedule. Yeah, I mean, damn there, you're gonna be ay, oh joe. Pretty soon they're gonna be playing damn near the march. And then guess what teams A lot of teams have already started OTAs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you know that's right, that's right, right, right, I mean off season program, off season program.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they start, they start, and.
Speaker 4: You push everything back. Let's just say two weeks.
Speaker 2: The super Bowl this year was what February eleventh, February twelfth, pushing back two weeks. Now, the Combine is probably the second third week. And then you got what yeah, so high safe. You really tried to make it.
Speaker 5: So we agree that all smoking mirrors.
Speaker 2: Rushi Rice with driving the Lamborghini involved in the crash. A lawyer says Rushi Rice with driving the Lamborghini involved in the multi crash in northeast Dallas on Saturday night.
Speaker 4: His lawyer said in a Thursday news conference.
Speaker 2: Police said that the drivers of the Lamborghini and a Corvette was feeding and lost control at the time of the crash. The Lamborghini hitd a set of media wall, causing the chain reaction collision involving four of the vehicles. The driver of the Lamborghini and Corvette ran from the scene. Two of the other drivers involved in the crash were treated at the scene for minor injuries, and two occuments of another vehicle was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. On Wednesday, Rice reclaimed full responsibility for his part in the crash and an Instagram story, nobody cares about anybody else that was driving the Corvette because they're not in the NFL and they're not even not rachive. Right today, I met with the Dallas PD investigators regarding a Saturday's accident. I take full reson responsibility for my part in the matter and will continue to cooperate with the necessary authorities. I sincerely apologize that everyone impacted in Saturday's accident.
Speaker 4: Yeah they gonna get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah they're what two driving too fast, cut conditions and reckless driving, but failing to render aid.
Speaker 4: He left the scene.
Speaker 5: Oh Joe, Yes, sir, Yes, sir. You know I'm not good when it comes to law.
Speaker 1: Especially law, laws of this matter as far as leaving the scene of an accident or rendering aid, do you do you understand the punishment for one?
Speaker 5: For one, I think Rashid Rice needed something like this.
Speaker 1: He needed something like this, not about getting in trouble or to understand the people that he's surrounding himself with. To understand the people that he surrounded himself with. They mean him no good to even allow him to be doing the things that he was doing. Again, if you have a group of people, somebody got to be the brains. Somebody got to be the brains for him. If he's not gonna be thinking straight, you gotta somebody has to.
Speaker 5: Keep order.
Speaker 1: Somebody has to keep that discipline in the entourage that you got. Everybody can't be a dummy. Everybody can't. Somebody gotta be the brains of the group. Hey, yo, man, listen, man, if we're going wherever we're going, we can't be out here racing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Isn't doing that failing to end the raiding, that speeding.
Speaker 4: Too fast, fuckingditions, reckless driving? Did I mean?
Speaker 2: I don't Probably they left the scene. Who knows that they were intoxicated? Because now you bring a whole new charge into the mix. Luckily, luckily no one was serious injury, or that's what they're saying now once they find out who it was, all of.
Speaker 4: A sudden, they're gonna miss some time. But you know how that works, O Joe.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, most definitely, most definitely.
Speaker 1: Again, but on the back end, sometimes need to make this mistake in life when you're young, because it takes it takes situations of moments like this to sit your ass down and understand and reflect. Sometimes you don't get a second chance. At some point. He's going to after he obviously the NFL is probably gonna come down.
Speaker 2: He'll miss he'll miss a minimum of two games, probably somewhere between the two to three maybe four of the high end.
Speaker 4: Probably peel it get down a two.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but but but but still, sometimes you need stuff like this to real your to real your ass back in. But again, when you hide, when you're on your high horse, when you're making a little money, you got your friends, you're coming off a super Bowl wine, you feel invincible, you feel invincible. And this this, this is this is God's way of saying, all right now, now you take all this ship for granted if you want to and be real your ass back in and sit you down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he'll sit you. He'll sit you down every time, every time.
Speaker 1: Just the just the humble you real quick and then check the people around you, check the people around you.
Speaker 5: Because somebody got to be the brains.
Speaker 4: Ojo.
Speaker 5: He's the golden right.
Speaker 1: If you got an entourage, if you if you got and you know the ticket is with you, Come on, man, you don't even let the golden ticket move like you know something, you thinking, you thinking long.
Speaker 4: Term, but you know sometimes, Ojo. You know how we are? O yo?
Speaker 2: Man, this is my money. Sit you hey, you can leave if you want to. You'll like what I'm doing. Oho, A couple now you know how we are?
Speaker 4: O yo.
Speaker 5: We don't don't never.
Speaker 1: And if you got if you got a camp, fully yes, men, they don't need to be runing in, but you got to have somebody that that can be able to tell you whether you got money or not.
Speaker 5: Man, listen, we ain't doing this a matter of fact, you ain't doing that.
Speaker 4: But let me ask you this, Ojo.
Speaker 2: What's the likelihood of you doing something in a public setting and nobody's captured either? If CCTV, maybe the stores have it, maybe there's cameras around the city or somebody with their camera phone. Because people got them coming somehow. They showed up on that. They had people walking away from the scene, so it had to be So, what's the likelihood of you doing something, especially in public?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that is today's time. Their cameras everywhere. Cameras are everywhere, so you ain't getting away with nothing.
Speaker 4: No face, no case, no name, no blame. Yeah. I saw his face and we knew his day. So that's it it is. You're like, you know, O Joe.
Speaker 2: It's very unfortunate, and thankfully he needs to thank the lucky stars above and to the man above that nobody was seriously injured because we just saw we just saw an incident a couple of days, a couple of years before.
Speaker 4: He got there with Ady Reed's son was drinking and ended up this.
Speaker 2: Physically. She she's gonna be gonna need her parents assistance for the rest of her life.
Speaker 4: He The story that was plastered all across was Henry Ruggs, Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, some things, Oh Joe, Like I said, some things you don't think And maybe because it was so far.
Speaker 4: I don't know Henry Roads, Man, I don't. I wasn't here when and when Andy's.
Speaker 2: Son got did that, did did what he did, So maybe it's not it wasn't close enough for him. But bro, at this point in time, man, come on, guys, just be just You're gonna make some mistakes.
Speaker 4: But man, I just tried, and I knock on what.
Speaker 2: I'm very fortunate, like I said, once I did that, that the mistake doesn't cost someone or you your life. That's a that's a terrible that's a terrible. Imagine you gotta bear that for the rest of your life, that your carelessness, your recklessness, your negligence.
Speaker 4: Because how do you go how do you say sorry to somebody? Oh Joe, how do you make that?
Speaker 2: Just imagine somebody having to give your mom and father that your family, that mess, that your son or daughter isn't coming home tonight and never coming back. Now, imagine you are the responsible party that caused somebody to have to go tell somebody else family and I'm coming home, oh Jo. That's how that's that's how I think. How can I make sure I get home? Because I don't want nobody to deliver that news. To my family and my kids. And I damn sure we don't want to be the responsible party to have to somebody have to deliver it to their family and their kids, right because you know, I mean, you know, you don't at the time when you're doing stuff, you don't really think about it.
Speaker 4: Like when you're young.
Speaker 5: Absolutely not, you're not thinking like that, nothing like that.
Speaker 2: But I like the fact that the the the greatest apology is change behavior. I'm had that he accept the responsibility and accountability for his actions. And uh, guys, are other professional athletes and and people that's watching this podcast. Come on, let's let's let's do better. Let's do better. Uh, guys, thank you so so much. O Joe boy, I told you these that capitals. We passed the kensels with the webbys. Yeah, we have them so far.
Speaker 4: That's god. Baby.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all appreciate y'all. Matter of fact, I'm sitting everybody in the chat one thousand dollars us. Let's go, hey me and we sent everybody whoa whoa whoak ain't got no bread right now?
Speaker 4: Money jump funny?
Speaker 5: No, I don't jump funny.
Speaker 1: Could you just showed us a watch that cost you one a thousand, Joe, But what's that on your what?
Speaker 5: What's what.
Speaker 2: Showed you? What?
Speaker 5: What's out of your risk?
Speaker 3: That's a role.
Speaker 4: That's how much that cost?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: Well listen, we listen. It's only how many how many people we got in the chat right now, Chat? How many y'all?
Speaker 4: It is, see o Joe? See.
Speaker 2: The thing else is hard because then people start coming sending fake accounts. Remember how we tried to do the money we know we had we had three under p right that had that account.
Speaker 5: Hard had to.
Speaker 1: Say, okay, my bad, my bad, my bad. All right, Chat, we're gonna think of something else. We're gonna think away to bless y'all because if we win this goddamn webby, if we win this webby, I'm telling you I'm going to get Remember I remember I had the fake Uncle Ojo tattoos right here, the ten drop.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get one for real.
Speaker 4: You got that, Richard, what you got on Ojo?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: This ain't nothing, but it's a Philip playing, you know, Philip planning.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: It don't cost nothing like that right there? You thought you thought it was a Richie millieuse you start the neon dream.
Speaker 2: You do realize if you give everybody the chat one thousand dollars, that's eighteen million dollars, right.
Speaker 4: That's how much eighteen million? How many people we got?
Speaker 5: Oh shit, okay, twenty dollars.
Speaker 4: I didn't you realize what you were saying? So I shoo. You know what.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, like all boys are the side everybody in the chat, they know me. If I have money, like Mackenzie Bezos, I know my crazy ass to do it for real too.
Speaker 5: You see the way she's been giving away money. Huh God, damn. Is there a catch to it that that I don't know about that she.
Speaker 2: Knows just the causes that she deems worthy h six and forty million to today. Well, she's given no, no, she's giving away more than that. She's given away billions. She's just giving away six hundred and forty million probably this year. But I mean she gave away like two three billion, like when the first six months that she got the settlement.
Speaker 1: All right, they got to be a catch. They got to be a catch. She can't just be doing it just out the just is he doing it to pitch Jeff Off?
Speaker 2: Now, jeff don't care Jefferson. He's like the first the secretary man, he worked two on a billion. But remember see what I'm saying. He was willing to do that. So what does that tell you?
Speaker 5: Oh, he wanted that, he wanted that office place. Okay, think about it. I like how I like how you did that. I like how you reverted back to the buffalo situation. That was a good when that was a good one.
Speaker 2: I want to check this out. Dallas Mayor Ed Johnson calls the Chiefs to move back to Texas. Voters in Jackson County, Missouri, rejected in effort by the chief to renovate Arrowhead Stadium and build a new stadium for the Kansas City Royal Mayor Johnson posted an article about the vote where it could mean for the future of the Chiefs with a playful comments, welcome home, Dallas, Texas. The team that is now known as the Chiefs were founded in Dallas, Texas nineteen fifty nine by the great Lamar Hunt, who's the father of Kansas City Chiefs owner before relocating in Kansas City, Clark Hunt is now the owner. His father, Lamar Hunt coined the term super Bowl. I don't think I don't think Mayor Johnson like being mayor. Jerry ain't letting no other team.
Speaker 4: Jerry ain't let no teams come to Dallas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely not, and he definitely not listened.
Speaker 4: One of the things.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, let me take the problem. Can you imagine the Chiefs going to Dallas? No, can you imagine that? Forget forget that part. How about the best team in Dallas isn't even the.
Speaker 5: Cowboys right now? How about that? I means Houston Texas? Yeah, sorry, the best.
Speaker 4: Jerry was pleased about that.
Speaker 2: Jerry like being with the Houston When the Houston Oilers moved out, He's like, the went they went to Tennessee. They went, Yes, he was like, yes, but not if five they said, uh no. So when the Texans came when the Texas where the Texans came back in like two thousands. So when the Texans came back, like well damn m hm, because you know, everybody like being the only show in town.
Speaker 4: Because where you go where?
Speaker 2: Listo, If I got the only convenience store within a five mile rates, that's where, guess where you got to do business at. If I only got the only sporting event, the only professional football team, guess where you got to go?
Speaker 4: To get your football.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, right right, But listen, that's there's some cowboy. It's a holding the topic. But I mean listen, dude, man, he don't want to be man no more.
Speaker 1: It's not not talking like that. No, definitely don't. Definitely don't he trying to sabotage whatever it is he got going on.
Speaker 2: Ocho lebron James and JJ Reddick both admitted to watching their own highlights on YouTube from time to time, particularly doing a slump o jo.
Speaker 4: Do you watch your highlights?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But listen, let me tell you something. I've been retired, what twelve thirteen years? Man, I go to family functions. You know, I'm not uncle at family functions. You know the younger generation that might not know.
Speaker 5: I tell them why I was that boy. Now I pull up my phone quick, well look at this?
Speaker 4: No I myself.
Speaker 2: No, if like on my timeline, like there's like my high sports or somebody saying on this date, uh shallon Sharp or the Broncos did this Shallon Sharp?
Speaker 1: And I'll look at it. But as far as like going to YouTube like okay oh this no no, oh no, I listen, I ain't got no shame. I'm gonna show you who I was. I'm gonna show you. Sometimes you gotta let sometimes you gotta let these young folk know. But you as that boy, it's okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna pull it up. Sometimes I watch my I sit back, I watched my highlights, and I'd be like, god, damn, I was really I was really good.
Speaker 5: I was okay, I was an okay receiver.
Speaker 4: I was really good.
Speaker 1: And I just look at some of the stuff I was able to do, and and you know, it's funny. You know, the worst part of what it is is the fact that I still think I can do what I see on goddamn tape. That's the worst part. That's the worst part for me in my mind. I really, you know how I talk confident now, I still think I could do it. I just you know, the body, the body and the mind and the brain.
Speaker 4: But the body.
Speaker 1: And you know, the mind knows exactly what to do. But you know, ain't no spark plugs. The spark plugs ain't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that why that's why I keep getting keep the boat, keep me a young one. What you go to, dad, spark plug? How you gonna get a spark?
Speaker 4: Okay? I like I like when when you.
Speaker 2: What you do, you get a jump from another one, Yeah, boom, get it going on, Joe. But no, but I tell you what I do. I do go to YouTube and I looked. I was like, damn, oh, you're at six point four million views. How many more you need to get six point five or coach prime or or I go go back and look at that and see how many of you you guys have gotten.
Speaker 4: But I don't go back, like I said, if it don't.
Speaker 2: Come up on my timeline, right, I mean, one of the most For the most part, I can tell you what I did.
Speaker 4: I did it, I did that, I did that, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, But it's different, man, when you when you just go back and sit back and just have an appreciation for your contribution in the NFL and just sit back and watch the highlights.
Speaker 5: Man, it brings back. It brings it brings back great memory, don't you.
Speaker 2: When you go to people tell you like, man, I remember when y'all did this and you did that. Man, when I go back to Colorado, I was just back in Colorado like a week ago, and to hear the people how they appreciate how I played and what I did and the contributions I gave to the Broncos, right man, I'll take I take the word for it. I take that, I take I take their word for it. I'm just that I'm just at A. I'm just at A because I haven't been anywhere, Ojo. Even when I went back home, I didn't I didn't like we have like we used to have get together and you know, we just talked that that boy, you bad boy. You know.
Speaker 4: It made me feel good.
Speaker 2: Because those guys, a lot of the people they grew up with me and they saw, you know, ever since I was a little boy, and you know, they would come watch me play in high school and and so. But as I once I got to the league and I would go back home, I never I never showed it any of my highlights.
Speaker 5: No, nah, I mean not in that setting. Not in that setting obviously.
Speaker 1: But listen, any any family function that I go to me and you know, the young the young kids, they you know, how they like the camp filling situation.
Speaker 5: How the young kids be talking trash.
Speaker 1: Now, sometimes there's such a huge gap from when the younger generation wasn't able to see me play and that family functions.
Speaker 5: Ay, I'll tell you a lie, Well, I pull that shit up.
Speaker 1: Quick, and I go inside and put the TV on airplay so it's playing, well that's me, so it's planning on TV. Listen, y'all, y'all don't be sitting here talking no trash, because what you're talking I did that lie twenty four to seven in the line of fire went We're counting yeah.
Speaker 4: When I go back home, oh Jo.
Speaker 2: For the most part, my when I was going back home regular young in my career, when they had kids, the young ladies and the men, the guys, they would always like tell their kids I went to school with mister shap They would always have their kids to dress me of mythic. He's in the NFL, and if you work hard and blah blah blah, maybe you can go there.
Speaker 4: You can do this. I will. I will say this.
Speaker 2: For the most part, I've really never had to deal with any disrespect in my hometown. They always they always gave, They always yeah, because you know, I was I was never. I never even though I was in the NFL. It wasn't like, man, I'm too good for y'all.
Speaker 4: Man. Whatever we joke, we laughed, had a good time. We come over.
Speaker 2: They have cookouts. I remember one I was I was at the hotel and somebody was blowing the horn.
Speaker 4: I'm like the boy. You know, I'm on one. You know page I said.
Speaker 2: I remember saying, Man, if they blowed his horn one more time, man that Joe Blue laid on the horn.
Speaker 4: Man, I wouldn't put my shorts on.
Speaker 5: It was somebody.
Speaker 4: You knew it was my crazy ass homeboy.
Speaker 2: Hey, sup uh, we have a we have a cookout today. I say, where at Joe house? Livy said it's okay.
Speaker 4: I say, what y'all have? He say, Man, I say what y'all? What y'all? I said, Man, we got a hundred dollars we have a good old cookout. I said, what an of dollars? A hundred?
Speaker 2: They was gonna have a cookout with one hundred dollars right right up, say man, I don't know what you're thinking. Better one hundred dollars go a long way with a cookout. I said, ain't gonna write no liquor. So I gave him some money and then I said, I tell you what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna come back in June and I'm gonna lay it out for y'all, man, what you mean. So I had some people, I knew some people. I got bud Wiser to donate some beer. I got cores lighted to donate some bre They brought the trucks that you see at.
Speaker 4: The at the at the convenience store. When up right set the beer boom.
Speaker 2: I went and got I probably spent like three thousand, four thousand dollars. The top I to my liquor. They never gonna drink mm hmm. We had one hundred and fifty steaks. We had one hundred pounds of crab legs, one hundred pounds of strimp. We had one hundred and fifty steaks. We had two hundred hot dogs, two hundred hamburgers. And I told her, I said, look, once a bottle of alcohol is open.
Speaker 4: If that's what.
Speaker 2: You're drinking, take it right right right now, I said. The only thing I asked. I pointed to the window. My grandmother was in the window at the time. She was alive. I say, no cursing. We good shop, We good no property man, Oh Joe. We did for two years my association, and it is too much, too much, it's too much. So we you know, I would have port. My sister would have Porter parties to come so everybody can just I mean we just had a good I mean we had a not a good time, a great time. But yeah, the love that my home. That my home, my homeboys, and they're gonna they're gonna protect me now. They ain't gonna let you talk crazy about me if you come from out of town.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I hate it that. That's funny.
Speaker 1: Obviously, that same love for me as well. Obviously hear in Liberty City. You know I'm from Liberty Obviously I'm for Liberty City out here in Miami. I left Liberty City without really leaving. That makes sense, right, that makes sense to you. So the love I've always been shown because I've always stayed true to what I like to call my roots, and I've always been my authentic self.
Speaker 5: I didn't make it and didn't change. So if you knew me.
Speaker 1: Back in nineteen ninety five and nineteen ninety six, or you went to class with me and understood I was a class clown back in ninety six and ninety seven in college.
Speaker 5: I was the same person.
Speaker 1: In the NFL, nothing about me had changed at all. Ever, never did, and so there was always an authentic and genuine love for me in the hood where people say, oh, once you make it, never go back. Never had those issues because I was always remain my true self. And I think some of the stories on some of the stories I can't remember, but some of the experiences that I was able to share and allow those that were friends of mine throughout that tenure before I made it. Once I did make it, though some of them stories will be so good that I can't even share to myself. I can't even share it myself. We had some good times, man, I had a hey shit, that shit got me tearing up a little bit. Well, we had some good time for all all all my people. I know they probably gonna see this at the forties, everybody on the pound, everybody out the alley, bo vis, I know they're gonna see this. Goema Pile, Peanut Chiefye, my brother Sam Chauncey, and then my Cincinnati in.
Speaker 5: Ryan Fucking Main Loaf's lock and everybody got together.
Speaker 1: Remember when I grabbed a TV camera and put it on the on section on I had by.
Speaker 5: Fifty dudes in time, fifty dudes.
Speaker 1: I got my people from Cincinnati and they got my dudes out of the city at the hood, some of some of them ain't never really been outside of Miami. I grabbed that camera so fast just to get in boys some TV time. Nobody even understand. I grabbed the camera and put it on them really quick. Now, if you was watching from home, you see the crowd. You see a bunch of just dudes, dress, mouthful of goals. Everybody win. That was one of the best feelings to me. I think it was my best celebration because I got them boys ten seconds worth of TV time and then there were all the memories of the moments like that are priceless.
Speaker 5: And for that, even to this day, the love.
Speaker 1: Always always has always been there, always been there and again. And you know what else I like because I'm sure your people is like that too. Back when we were growing up, Back when we were coming up, there was structure that was disciplined.
Speaker 5: So when I'm thinking about the Rashid Rice incident, it would have never happened.
Speaker 1: It would have never happened because it ain't nobody around me even from the let that go down like that, even.
Speaker 5: If I'm the one that got it.
Speaker 4: Take your day, go home, man, I'm trying I'm trying to see what I wish.
Speaker 5: I wish, I wish I would get behind the wheel and speeding.
Speaker 1: And I got people in the car with me from that area, from that from that era, in that area I'm from. Man, Nigglada slapped me in the back of the head. Man, they get your dumb ass, get your dumb ass out of the drive to.
Speaker 2: See they're gonna tell my nigger. Hey, look, I'm gonna tell Libby cause you know everybody, everybody knew. My sister is like, I'm gonna tell Liby now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man.
Speaker 4: There was some good things the time.
Speaker 1: The volume