Speaker 1: Hello, beautiful people. We're back at it. This is La La Kent with Randall sorre we go. Let me help you. God, wake up John, John. We're podcasting. We are podcasting.
Speaker 2: What is John? What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Okay? So do you remember do you remember John and Kate? Do you remember John and Kate plus eight?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Towards the end of that show, he was like so out of it right, like falling asleep. And there was one episode where she kept saying something to him and she's like, hello, wake up John.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that was a reference to a show that was on.
Speaker 1: TV like ten, Wake Up John?
Speaker 2: Because of all is fhilandering was or was he he was a philanderer?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I think that he was.
Speaker 1: A oser and he had a girlfriend and he also had like ninety kids and he was married to Kate, which I heard was like a fucking night.
Speaker 2: Oh that's Kate, It's gonna come for you. I just want to.
Speaker 1: Say that when we started, I'm not used to that at all.
Speaker 2: We start the podcast, we should start it with hi, everybody, Let's give them Laala with rand That's how it should have started.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's just exhausting sometimes.
Speaker 2: I feel every day that one here.
Speaker 1: The thing is we should just show up and we just get it pop and it's natural. I don't want to show up and be like, here we are again today, Welcome class. Today we're learning about physics like it's supposed to be fun like however it comes out, it comes out. There is no formula to it.
Speaker 2: Wah wah.
Speaker 1: So I'm super excited about today, you guys, because we have a guest. Who I have? Am I just going to carry today's show? Thank fucking god. We have someone cool on today?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Who do we have?
Speaker 1: We have my female crush besides Beyonce, her name is Giselle Bryant. She's on a show called Real Housewives of Potomac. Randall, you haven't watched this series? Randall and I watch every single City of Housewives together, Okay, just admit it.
Speaker 2: Be Hill's O C, New York City and Atlanta. Four of them.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 2: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: You need to add Potomac to your lika.
Speaker 2: Can I can I say something before we get into this? I want I mean about this though. Yeah, so you're right, I do not know shit about this show. So but I did get a little for a one from you. Cliff note version. Now, I can't watch every fringle, every fringle, every fringle. I want a fringle. No, I can't watch every show in the world. But but I am going to try to tap in because you love this show. So tell us it's the setup of the characters on this show. Do they have the villain, the nice person, the pushover? What's a big storyline this season?
Speaker 1: Well, guess what, We're only we're only three episodes in right now.
Speaker 2: Get what was the big shebang coming out of the gate.
Speaker 1: The big shabang coming out of the gate right now is there's this woman, Candace. Keep in mind, they're all stunning Candace while Ashley was like giving birth, was calling her all sorts of fucked up shit.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? She was in the birth literally.
Speaker 1: With legs in the air, shoving out a person, and this Candace is just on Twitter like firing insults one after the fucking another. So the girls are like, we're having a fucking sit down and you're gonna fucking apologize to Ashley for being an asshole, and Candace is so gangsters, You're like, fuck that shit. No, I'm not so Now I'm i DBR the show because I don't like commercials. So when I get home after this podcast, I'm gonna go see what's up with like what happens at the dinner.
Speaker 2: It's exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm telling you, if you have not watched The Real Housewives of Potomac, get on board because it's like it's the diamond of the franchise right now.
Speaker 2: Dam Yeah, I know you have two children and a wife, and I have two children and a fiance slash wife because she's basically my wife, Laala, I'm gonna have to squeeze in the first episode of season one. I expect you to do it this weekend too, and then we will text each other and ask do we think it's at the level that Lalla has just sold us? Okay, okay, that's our home.
Speaker 1: It's effortless. It's effortless.
Speaker 2: Pretty Balace is here, so he has to do the same job. So Alex, on Sunday we'll have a three way text on housewife is a Potomac. No, we need to be more educated because we're on a podcast with Laala, who is dialed in. So Alex, yeah, what does the Potomac refer to I'm.
Speaker 1: Just curious Maryland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a secure location.
Speaker 1: I cann't wait, it's the most random location.
Speaker 2: Just said Washington, d C. How far is Potomac from Washington?
Speaker 1: I believe relatively close. But then again, I'm really bad at geography, so don't ask me it's really close.
Speaker 2: Can we do one? Can we do one geography trivia game where Alex asked you two basic geography questions. If you can get Alex is by far Alex is the smartest in this world? Okay, down, all on? Oh god, Tim just gave us a question, gave a look like he could be smarter than you. Tim, I blow you away and I went to film school. Now let's go Alex Alex. Alex first asked Tim a question, a hard one, and then asked Lala. Geography question has to be in the United States for Laala could be anywhere in the world. For Tim, let's see, because I suck at geography and I openly admit it. Okay, go ahead. Is north Dakota east or west of Idaho?
Speaker 3: That's east?
Speaker 2: All right, I don't know if.
Speaker 1: Shut the fuck up?
Speaker 2: Okay, Next, go to Tim because Tim thinks he's a frigging genius. So let's see on the Dakotas. What is the capital of South Dakota. I mean, Tim, wait, hold on, Tim, you exactly prove my point. Geography is not the end all be all of intelligence. One more category, Tim, pick one more category.
Speaker 3: I don't need to sit here and answer to.
Speaker 2: All of you.
Speaker 1: I want to know what's amazing about it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Just all of exactly prove my point.
Speaker 1: Geography, math, sciences, whatever, it's just none of it is the end all be all you all. If I can walk out the front door and keep myself alive, I'd say I'm pretty fucking intelligent.
Speaker 2: I want to say something.
Speaker 1: I know I was not people who are very book smart and like they don't des moin des Moines, Iowa.
Speaker 2: People listen. I just want to say something. Can I say something? Laala to your point? You are right. Look I am. I consider myself pretty successful, and I was not. I was an artist kid. I was not the greatest student in school. My average is probably a C. I don't encourage that, but they're all. There are also there and bees in theater. There are also people who are book smart, like Bill Gates, who are billionaires.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, it goes and then you can just pay people to keep you alive. So that's dope. That's what I would do.
Speaker 2: All right. I'm glad we played trivia on the podcast. We will be back again trivia on the podcast.
Speaker 1: No, I hate trivia on the podcast. We're not doing it again. No, this is stupid.
Speaker 2: Okay, can we do one more question for Tim? Because it's really fun to watch them?
Speaker 1: One more and then I'm ready to talk.
Speaker 2: To you about and you're really smart, So here you go here, you're oh for one? Go ahead, Alex, there's another geography one. Yeah, Let's do the spelling bee. Let's do the spelling be one time for Tim. It's my favorite. Tim fails at the spelling bee. I didn't participate in the last spelling failed Tim, Good, No I didn't. I'm pretty going Tim, I'm okay at spelling. Okay, we'll see here we go Alex real quick, because we got a couple of minutes to kill before we bring our incredible guests out. This is this is fun. I think it's fun.
Speaker 1: I just as you get older, is that this is the definition of fun.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: I'm go into it. Okay, what's what's the word?
Speaker 2: This is to give him a real one out spell profundity? Oh, this is great, this is great profundity.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Go p R O f U N D I T y k P the worst. Hold on, I'm the worst speller in the world, and I could have got that. You can't pick a harder one than that. That's that's like, that's like college below. When I was in elementary school, I knocked my best friend out of the spelling B with the word coco c O c o A. Yep, I'm serious. And he've held on to that level of spelling B for the l thirty years.
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Probably have a real one now ten okay, wow.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a very early round of this one. Here we got that one doesn't count, so I'll give you one for one. You're one for one. Here here's the last one. This is the tie break camaraderie. Yes right here is tough. No, it is. And it's actually like an eleventh grade spelling word maybe tenth grade c O m is it. You already failed, that's it failed. So that's why that one, well, that one's not okay, I'm going to give Alex, but there's also it's like an ar word. Give me your phone for work? Yeah, c A m aar Alex, give your phone. Watch how good Alex is? And I hate giving him props because his ego is out of control. But here we go. Here we no, you won't No, you won't you You've got ready. Here we go. Furlough f you are l o U g h Okay, you win, Alex, You're.
Speaker 3: Better than wow.
Speaker 1: I would have said l O W.
Speaker 2: I could have spelled could. Let's take a phreak. The word furlough has been in the news every day for the past five months. I can spell for la.
Speaker 1: Wait because everyone's getting furlough.
Speaker 2: Because everyone's getting furloughed. Yeah, that's you're a little late today.
Speaker 1: All right. As much as as much fun as I've had during this boy time, spelling bee, you all are just smartest ship. I can't get over it. All right, when we get back, when we get back, we have Giselle Bryant. Yes, all right, we are back with my all time greatest crush besides Beyonce. They're like neck and neck. What's up, Jaseel Bryant?
Speaker 3: How are you? I can't believe I'm in the same category as Beyonce. I feel like, so.
Speaker 1: Oh, honey, you're there. Trust me. With a face like that and an ass that don't quit, I'm on a roll today.
Speaker 2: I just want to tell you something. First all, nice to meet you, Nice to me too. I have to tell you we over here are the producers and myself. I am a big Housewives fan, but I have not and I don't know why Lala has not educated me with your show. So we have homework this weekend and we are watching the first season. I said the first episode, but I meant the first season. So I am excited to hear about all the drama firsthand from you, and just how you got on the show and how that happened, and and and is it fun? Is it? You know, all the good stuff? And then when I watch it now this weekend.
Speaker 1: You'll have the back story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Lala, Lala told me all this shit that's already gone down.
Speaker 1: So Jizzelle, I told that Potomac is the diamond of the Housewives franchise right now, like y'all are killing it.
Speaker 2: She did say that.
Speaker 3: She did say, Okay, but if you if you start from season one. That's like so boring for where we are now?
Speaker 2: Basic, Yes, where should I start? Chazelle? Where should I start?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe start like yeah two and a half, like you know, midway through season two?
Speaker 2: Okay, Tim, two and a half, we're starting Alex two and a half. Yes, that is our homework assignment for this week and I can't wait.
Speaker 1: So yeah, tell tell us how the Real Housewives of Potomac came to be, because let's be honest, it's a super random place.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: It's so random. Okay, So what I think happened. What I've kind of heard rumors are that, you know, obviously they had the Real Housewives of DC that didn't work out, and years went by, and they wanted to come back to this area but didn't know really how to do it. So we were cast and we filmed an entire season if you can imagine, Islalla and they we did not know we were going to be housewives. So like, we filmed for months and we had no way.
Speaker 1: Do you think you were what did you think you were doing? Just like trying to make a show work. You didn't know that you were going to be a housewife like a part of the franchise.
Speaker 4: Had no idea, maybe it'll be housewives, maybe it'll be Ladies of because there's like Ladies of London, right, But you know, we were unsure. So apparently Andy saw you know, the cuts, and he loved.
Speaker 3: It and he was like, oh, these ladies are definitely housewives.
Speaker 4: They didn't tell us until literally, I don't know, five minutes before they told the rest of the world that we were going to be Housewives of And they couldn't figure out the name to give us, meaning we're in Maryland.
Speaker 3: Potomac is in Maryland. Okay, There's DC, which.
Speaker 4: Of course they couldn't touch that because you know that that didn't work out, right, There's Virginia, there's the DMV area. They didn't know what to call us, so they kind of like, did I guess their their research and they came up with Potomac, which is.
Speaker 3: Where at the time the majority of the Ladies lived.
Speaker 4: And it is random, it's so random, and la la, I'm gonna tell you it. This Potomac is ninety five percent white, so oh my god, and so like we're we're the black Ladies are the representation of Potomac.
Speaker 3: So you can imagine how well that one when we first start.
Speaker 2: Oh man, oh man, you must have you must be running that city. You guys must be running that city.
Speaker 1: Oh you'll see, you'll see how they are. They're running everybody.
Speaker 2: Wait, let me ask questions. Do you live in Potanma, Potoma, Potomac? Do you live in Potomac still? Now?
Speaker 4: I actually live in Bethesda, which is like right next to Potomac.
Speaker 3: It's like a mile away.
Speaker 2: Oh and it's like.
Speaker 4: A little a little another little small town, but it's like right literally, I live seven minutes from DC.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that was my question because I just asked Alex here, one of our producers. I said, I said, how far are they from DC? So you're ten minutes max from d C. Yes, So when you go out, when you eat, when you go to bars, when they're open, and you hang out, you're going into d C.
Speaker 4: Basically, I assume, oh one, I mean, and I was I was raised in DC proper.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so this is making more sense, Like DC is cool, cool city? You know, you got it?
Speaker 1: And they probably would have named this franchise that or is this that our version did?
Speaker 2: That one didn't?
Speaker 1: It was was d C full of white women.
Speaker 4: They had one black girl, but yes, the rest were white, and so it was and they didn't from what I understand, they didn't know each other at all prior to the show, So it was kind of like they threw a bunch of random women together.
Speaker 3: They didn't know each other, which was which never right with us?
Speaker 4: Four of us out of the original six knew each other for years prior to the show. Wow, so we had the chemistry already baked in.
Speaker 1: That's the best when you get fighting in a bottle. When you can find a group of women who are like, have known each other forever on top of their strong personalities, the best it really is.
Speaker 2: I have to ask she just I just want to hear how they how you How did somebody just approach one person? Did somebody coming with an idea? Call producers? How does it evolve into the show with you, with all all of you women getting together on.
Speaker 1: The show, they were cast, all of them, and then they didn't know if they were going to be housewives or if it was going to be like Ladies of Potomac.
Speaker 2: Oh, they had no idea.
Speaker 1: They had no idea.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I'm just right, But the cat. They was asking the trackage, so.
Speaker 1: They were going to sell keep going.
Speaker 4: Giselle, the guy that casts the show, I actually have known. It's just coincidence. I've known him for like twenty years. So he calls me and he's like, Giselle, you're going to do the show. And I'm like what, No, not, and.
Speaker 3: So he was like, yes, you are, and that's that.
Speaker 4: So he said, I've already talked to Scharise and Charisa I knew, and Charisa knows everyone in Potomac everyone.
Speaker 3: Wow, so she.
Speaker 4: Was able to give the guy a whole lot of different women. And then I said, well, if I'm doing it, Robin's doing it, and so I got Robin involved. And then I knew Karen and I were in a children's group together, so I was like, okay, Karen was already on board.
Speaker 3: So then they filled in the rest. So it just it just worked.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's very cool.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you that's it. You're gonna watch over your new favorite show. So are you Are you and miss Karen doing well or is your friendship still rocky? Like what is it like this season? Can you tease? I know the drill, I know the Bravo drill, So without filling it all, just give me a little little sippy.
Speaker 4: We ebb and flow as we this season, as we normally do. However, I don't particularly like the way that we ended the season, so I straight up have not spoken to her since we stopped filming.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Yeah, that's juice. You're gonna see what I'm telling you what I can't.
Speaker 2: Wait to see. Wait, what was the fight about, like why.
Speaker 3: They fell out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, me and her, Yeah, it was it dealt with respect and I felt like she disrespected me, and that's what I don't tolerate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like that either.
Speaker 1: By the way, that's when it all goes south.
Speaker 2: I have friends that you know, will disrespect me, you know that I've known for even a long time, and that's the only thing that really just sets me off because it's like I always am one of those givers, Like I always want to help my friends and bring them up and do what I can do, and the minute they just take advantage or disrespect, it's like it's not worth it for me. That's the end, exactly. Yeah, I feel exactly. I feel the.
Speaker 3: Same, and especially when you're on a show together.
Speaker 4: So you know, she knows personal things that have been off camera about me and me I know about her that we'll never cross the line and kind of like be disrespectful on camera with it. And I just felt like there's a level of respect for our friendship that she disregarded and I didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you feel like she went into a territory that was supposed to be left off camera? Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 3: No, she didn't do that, But she didn't. She didn't. She just didn't ride for me like I I have written for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can understand that. So I have a question when you started this show, what are you We're on season five right, Yeah, season five is airing now. Did it take a minute to adjust? Because I know with my cast, and I'm sure I'll get in trouble for saying this. I know certain things that my cast members have told me that I would not mention on the show, just because I think there's just a level of privacy that we have to you know, I still want these people to be my friends when the show.
Speaker 2: Things happen during filming, So it's.
Speaker 1: Like, correct, correct? Did you find it hard where it was like, there are certain things that I don't really want to discuss for the world to watch. Did like did you have to get used to that?
Speaker 3: Of course, of course, But.
Speaker 4: You know season one we were really kind of like lightweight and it was never anything that was too out of bounds. However, as time goes by, you know, this stuff gets to the press. So once it's public with regards to press, it's we got to.
Speaker 3: Talk about it, right. You can't cannot talk about it right.
Speaker 4: So that's kind of where the seasons have have changed and the information has changed, and it's kind of like, Okay, I can't sit here and act like I haven't read the blogs because now I know all about your husband and what he's doing, you know, with Karen and her whole tax thing, like that was in the Washington Post that her husband owed the irs like five million dollars, Like, there's.
Speaker 3: No way we can't talk about it. I have to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Wow, No, I'm telling you, Like, when I watch y'all show, it's like real shit. Yeah, you know, I'm like, where are we going here? Like, oh, they're going there right now?
Speaker 4: Yes, And I feel like, you know, we can't get away with Connor I feel like Beverly Hills, like the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I love those ladies. I think that they are funny and they you know, they are dripping in diamonds and pearls.
Speaker 3: I love it. But they argue over literally nothing like zero.
Speaker 1: Like lucy apple juicy. It's like, give me some real meat.
Speaker 4: Yes, whereas we couldn't get away with that if our life depended on it.
Speaker 2: Like I gotta agree with you. I do watch that show, and and Lawa is glued to all of these real housewives. And when I watch, they're fighting over like did you did? Were you out of line at the last party? I can't believe what you said? You were disrespided. It's like to me, it's like it's not that heavy, you know, but they're make it like it's the end of the world. So I mean to see you're cast and what and how heavy it gets because that's not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we we get into it, and especially this season and a maybe like five more episodes, we really get into.
Speaker 3: What's really in it right now, which is.
Speaker 4: You know, the whole black lives matter, and we could have never known that, you know, the world would have exploded like it did with regards to Black Lives Matter. But in the show, we just talk about what it means to be a black woman and and how important that is and how we're viewed in this country, and like all of that came up and yeah.
Speaker 3: That's like really heavy stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big time. And I think it's phenomenal that you guys you know, confronted in your show, because yes, I think we need a lot more of that. So and I hope to see that a lot more in television.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to deep dive into what you were just talking about. We're going to take a short break and we'll be right back with Jazell Bryant. We are back with my favorite Real housewife, Miss ji Zel Bryant. Hi baby, Hi. So before the break, you were telling us that in a few weeks on the show, you ladies will get to address black Lives matter. What was that like for you as it you know, even on when we see Watch What Happens Live and you now do a show that is about this not being a moment, it being a real movement. I watch your Instagram a lot, like, what is this like for you as a black woman to be such a force behind this movement.
Speaker 3: I think that it's great that we have this.
Speaker 4: Platform, or that I'll speak personally, that I have this platform to use my voice to bring awareness to things that people overlook. You know, I've had so many issues with my children and just and just them in school and just you know, some things that the white kids say to them.
Speaker 3: That's horrible. But now finally.
Speaker 4: The world is listening, which is a beautiful thing. So in the show, there was an altercation and afterwards, you know, which was horrible, But afterwards it allowed us to really talk about how we conduct ourselves and how we handle ourselves as black women in this country because we are overlooked, we are paid less, we are treated like the lowest man on the totem pole, and we don't ever want to put ourselves on national television and show the world what you already think of us, which is that we're not capable of discussing things without fighting, without violence, without being forceful. So it was it was a great conversation and hopefully it'll be really well received.
Speaker 1: You know what I know, obviously I haven't seen it, but that is actually in the trailer when you they're like doing a montage of all of these things like a fight scene that's cutting in and out, and what you say sent chills up my body?
Speaker 3: Did it?
Speaker 1: It really did, because you know, I'm obviously a white person who collapse back very quickly and I don't have to think like that Giselle, you know, And so when you said that, it was like, wow, Like these women are really shedding light on things that people that look like me don't think about because we've ever had to. And you know, you're You're one of the first people that I called when this movement happened and things went sideways with some of the vander Pump Rules casts. I just was like reaching for any sort of knowledge that I that I could get. So I really want to thank you for that.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely, And you know, as we all moved down this road, it's just like we could just have to have the conversations because it really opens everybody's eyes to what's really going on in this country. So hopefully we can get to a better place. That's all we're asking, just to get to a better place.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I love watching your stories and I love seeing you with your girls and what you guys are doing so good damn work. I want to I want to move on to pastor Jamal Bryant. Yes, okay, So I was telling Randall, I'm like, no, you don't understand, like they were married, got divorced, her kids were like confused when they got back together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's I want you to spill all the wice. She just flew right over that like it's like a standard because I was trying to just process what you just said. I mean you just like, oh, yeah, got married, got more, got back together seven years later. I mean, slow it down, Let's start with the beginning.
Speaker 1: Hold on Jesselle was She's going to give you the gi.
Speaker 2: I just want to ask the question.
Speaker 1: They asked the question.
Speaker 2: You married a many all in love, had children? Correct? Okay, correct? Then seven that, then seven years later, got divorced? Correct? And then how many years later from that did you reconnect? And twelve years year? Oh my god, I got no more. This is too good. Okay, break it down for us. Break it down. So this happens.
Speaker 3: Throughout throughout the twelve years.
Speaker 4: You know, I had to make a decision and say, Okay, do I am I just going to be mad for the rest of my life, or do I really want to give my girls the opportunity to have like a real decent family unit. So I put my love for my children over me being mad at him with regards to the divorce.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense? Yes? Okay, So then you know, time goes by. I'm growing and evolving. He's growing and evolving, you know.
Speaker 4: I I'm growing into this like bad bitch that I am, and.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Part of the whole episode is great.
Speaker 4: And then you know, and he's also growing and evolving with his career and throughout the twelve years, you know, we remain tight as friends.
Speaker 2: All on a second. Okay, so I know in twelve years of being co parents and amazing children in separate homes, do you ever hook up?
Speaker 3: Going there? Okay, No, that's no. That's a really good question and the answer is no.
Speaker 2: I can't. This is amazing. That's even more amazing that you close a chapter in your life. I understand the co parenting. And then at some point, how does this go down? Like how does this happen?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm I'm clearly dating other people.
Speaker 4: And doing my things and he's doing that too, So I think it happened because of that, because we did our thing without hooking up. And without like, Okay, you know he's just going to put his pinky toe in and test the waters. No, we were clearly living our separate lives, of course co parenting, but that allowed both of us to grow in our own space.
Speaker 3: Okay, so then you know, I don't know. I think I woke up one day and was I mean, he would always of course, Randall, you know you know how y'all do. He would always throw it out.
Speaker 2: Dude, You're amazing. You are amazing. No, okay, so as a dude, as a dude, that's all I wanted to know. As a dude, you're saying, you guys are super close. Over the twelve years, you're obviously both growing, you're both evolving, and then you're, I want to call it your more mature selves twelve years later kind of fall into line where the attraction is there again. I guess, yeah, yes, wow, you you broke it down. I do because can I tell you something, I've never heard of this, and I do know that Don Johnson and Melanie Griffeth that's the only couple that I'm like kind of aware of that did this kind of thing. Okay, let let's just talk about that percentages of this happening divorce in America, unfortunately, is fifty eight percent or something like that. Somewhere in this high bracket of the fifties or sixties, I would say that chances of reconciliation is probably point zero zero zero zero er zero one. So it's just you're an anomaly at the highest level, and that's why I'm so just intrigued how it happened. But okay, so now twelve years later, you've mature, he's mature. You're a badass, he's a badass. You both are ballers and yeah, and you're saying all along. He's like trying to get like Friday night colms. You're having a few drinks. He's like, can't sleep over. You're like no, So he keeps putting it out there. But eventually what happens that you you put the wall down or the connection makes sense.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm okay, Okay, so let's let me back up and clean some stuff up a little bit, because it was never.
Speaker 3: Like had too many drinks? Can I spend the night?
Speaker 4: No, it was more like, you know, I can't wait to roll you, you know, push your what do you call those things?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Push your wheelchair when we get old together? You know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was none of that four cocktails in just being like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I really want to know, are in there more mature selves?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I got it? And yes, and your husband's a pastor. I forgetting so.
Speaker 3: Yes, and he so he doesn't drink, but I do.
Speaker 2: I just forgot about that. So I screwed up. Yeah, okay, so he's like a unicorn. He's like the perfect ex husband. There you go, yes and yes, absolutely Okay. So now he says, I want to push your wheel try, I want to grow old with you, and yeah, in this moment in your life where you look at him and.
Speaker 4: Say, so, I am at this point where I'm like, you know what, who do I want to grow old with?
Speaker 3: Who do I want to travel the world with? Who do I want to share my life with?
Speaker 4: Because you know, I'm doing some great things out here and I want to share it with somebody.
Speaker 3: And there was.
Speaker 4: No other person that I could even possibly think of than him.
Speaker 3: That's number one. Number two.
Speaker 4: I was listening to an interview and I can't remember who interviewed them, but it was Shawnnie O'Neill and Evelyn Lozada.
Speaker 1: Okay from basketball wives.
Speaker 4: From basketball wives, And the guy asked them, is that you guys right? If you guys got locked up in jail, who would you call? You had one call, who would you call to get you out? And both of them said their ex husbands. Seannie was like Shaquille and Evelyn was like Chad. And I was like Jamal, Like there's nobody but Jamal to get me out of jail because I know he will die to protect me and to take care of me and to make sure that I'm that I'm good. So you know, when I started coming into myself and realizing like what I want from my life, it just you know, of course, it just makes sense.
Speaker 3: The love is still there. And he then moved away. He moved to.
Speaker 2: Atlanta, Okay, and nothing had happened yet, correct, Like, you guys now get to this place, this sweet time that's away being kind to each other. Got it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: And then I realized I didn't want him away, Like you know, he moved to Atlanta and I was like, holy shit, he's gone. And then that made me really shift and be like wait a minute, this no, like let's fix this.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and that's when you reached out and you said, let's take a shot at this. I mean, I just want to know that the actual how it.
Speaker 3: And I can't. I don't have that magical moment for you, Randall.
Speaker 4: But we just started talking about us being back together, and then we took it seriously because we were like, Okay, if we're going to do this, we have to like make sure we're very intentional. So we went to see we sought counseling and you know, try to really get in a good headspace to make sure because you know, it's this whole trust thing that you got to rebuild and all of that good stuff that you got to make sure you pay attention to.
Speaker 2: But you know what's cool because obviously this doesn't happen, and it's, like I said, anomaly. What's neat is that for twelve years you both evolved to completely different people, but your completely different selves were more in sync than your previous selves. I guess it seems like so when you twelve years later, when you really got together again, it seems like you both were just like spiritually in the same place. Yes, I guess I think that's amazing. I think it's a true love story and I just.
Speaker 1: Have to put I just have to put this out there because she has three girls. Yeah, and they were like this is weird, like because they never knew. Yes, how how are they doing with it now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How do how do kids respond to this?
Speaker 3: Just that way?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 3: This is weird.
Speaker 4: This is you know, we know what happened in the past, and we want to make you know their.
Speaker 3: Team mommy like no other. But no, they're good. They love their dad and they're good.
Speaker 2: So how long have you been back together? Now?
Speaker 3: It's been a couple of years. I tried to hide it for as long as I possibly could. You know how that is to try to hide? Yeah, you're real life?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Wait did Laala hide anything on the show?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I know how.
Speaker 1: I know the drill, you duck and dodge the truth for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then it's like, okay, fine, you gotta you gotta deal with it.
Speaker 3: So for for a couple of years now, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, Wow, I am I am very this is Does this now a question? And maybe I'm just be naive? Does this come out on the show and in any of the show. Does this whole rekindling happen on the show?
Speaker 4: It happened prior to us filming, so so not really no.
Speaker 1: But last year's last season's reunion is when Andy was like, who are you dating? Like I've heard it maybe somebody would you like to tell me? And isn't that when you were like, I'm dating my ex husband?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, no, I was like what huhah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but people to be to be honest with you, people that Noah's are like so super excited.
Speaker 1: I mean, how could you not just listening? Do you talk about how you guys like went off and did your thing. And my mom always said, you can never be with someone if if you only equal one hundred percent, you each have to equal one hundred percent to make two hundred. He can't be your other half. You have to already be a whole person, saying well, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Five hundred percent, so there you go.
Speaker 1: Oh god, you go right.
Speaker 3: I totally agree with that. I totally agree with that.
Speaker 4: And then my mother always told me that I should never be a man's first wife. I should be his second wife, and technically I would be if we got married again.
Speaker 1: Wow, how lucky is that to be? That's amazing?
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, I agree with one hundred percent thing because I feel like like you and I like today where I'm at my life and where you are, Like, we're strong forces and we are our own people, and yes we will break down for one another to be there for each other, but we will always hold the line on who we are and not let the other swallow the other person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Randall always likes to ask, do you need me, la La? I'm like, no, really, I want you, but I don't need anybody, baby, that's what But that is what you want, Like, that's that's perfect.
Speaker 3: I think that the first time when we were married, I.
Speaker 4: He swallowed me up, like and I by design, not by design, but I decided to kind of put all my focus and concentration on him because he was building his business and he was building his church, and I was there to help him. So I think, and as I look back, that that probably was not good.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, how can that be good? You know, it's it's crazy for you to say that because you're such a strong force, like when you and I have spoken or when I watch you on the show, like I would never think that any man could you know, swallow you up? When you know it's like shocking.
Speaker 2: Later and now now exactly like kind of like where we're at, Like we each have our identities and we embrace them versus one of us try to eat it up.
Speaker 1: Giselle, do you feel like this show gave you more confidence?
Speaker 4: I had it before, but it like amplified it from the perspective of I was so season one.
Speaker 3: You know, you never know what's going to happen.
Speaker 4: You never know how you're going to be perceived, And I really was like a little terrified, like are people gonna like me? Are they gonna hate me? Are they going to think I'm just stuck up? Or are they going to understand my jokes? So I realized that I can't even worry about that, Like I'm confident I'm a bad one and I'm just gonna walk my walk.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it. Before we run out of time, I just want to talk about your makeup brand every huge. Yes, So you launched this in twenty sixteen. Tell us about that, because that's exciting because Lala, you know, launched a brand, and I love I love to hear about strong women who are who don't have their own companies. So break it down for.
Speaker 4: Us by the way, thank you, Lola for what you sent me. I was going to thank you at the end, but like I love my lips. My kids were trying to steal what you sent me and I'm like, back up off my lipstick.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Oh you are so sweet. I'm so happy that you love it. Thank you.
Speaker 3: You're quite welcome.
Speaker 4: So I started every huge beauty to basically help out women of color because like when you go through through the beauty world, a lot of times, most things that are out there don't match our skin complexion. Until Finty came along, Like Cinty really changed the game the world. Yeah, and Fenty made everyone else, everyone like big box stores, realize, Okay, we've got to have stuff in here for black women because the.
Speaker 3: There that Fenty just blew that market up. So that's it. And we were in Target and it was a beautiful relationship. Now let's talk about COVID.
Speaker 1: Okay, so not part Covid.
Speaker 3: Has killed our manufacturer.
Speaker 4: So that's actually where we are right now, Like our manufacturers shut down. We haven't been able. We don't know when they'll be back up. And because I have skincare, meaning I have products that that have to be I have SPF in my product and all that has to be approved by the FDA and all that stuff. I can't really just like move to another manufacturer overnight. So I'm trying to figure that out, guys. But Covid is a beast because it has really put a monkey wrench in every beauty.
Speaker 1: It's put a wrench in a and I hate to say, like, well, misery loves company, that's just the same. But it does feel good to be like, Okay, at least I'm not the only one that's affected. It makes me feel less badly that things aren't moving the way that they used to.
Speaker 2: Ye for everybody, no, everybody, like not at all.
Speaker 4: And I never thought that this would be a problem. Like I never thought, Okay, the pandemic has hit. Cool, I get you know, you'll be shut down. But it affected my manufacturer to the point where I don't know if they'll ever come back up.
Speaker 3: And it's kind of like, okay, we got to figure this out.
Speaker 2: Well that I think. I think that's that's interesting to say it because everybody goes through like where we were, like Okay, it'll be a month, it'll be two months, Okay, it's three months. Now it's six, now it's nine, and you're right, a lot of people have not will not come back. A lot of my partners that I've worked with also, you know, I've suffered where they haven't. They are not going to be able to come back. And it's crazy how we have to, you know, figure out the future.
Speaker 1: And and yes, I am so grateful that you found time to be on our show. You know, I've been trying to get you on here for a minute. You're just amazing.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for watching. You know, we were we were one of those in Randam. I don't know whether you know this or not, but we were the one of the newest housewives to come along.
Speaker 3: We were like the little engine that could. Nobody thought we were going to make it.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I don't know that. I know that. Yes, you're going, you're going, You're going in the season four.
Speaker 1: And no they're in five.
Speaker 3: Five.
Speaker 1: Five is airing now.
Speaker 2: Yes. Oh so if I started two and a half, I got two and a half seasons to watch. This is great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I just really want to thank my fan all the fans that just stuck with us from day one because you know, we didn't think we were going to make it here.
Speaker 3: Now that we have, it's it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh, Giselle, I love watching or seeing the little things on Instagram where it's like if you haven't watched Potomac, like this is the goat, this is the one, because I'm like, I've been telling ya this is the one, So thank you so much.
Speaker 4: All right, now, wait a minute, I need to get in y'all's business. So when is the wedding happening?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, she we're going there, aren't we. So we plan to get married in September because a correct and September is approaching and nothing has gotten better. So we're we're planning on next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah July, Yeah July.
Speaker 4: And that's smart, and you guys love each other, so nothing's gonna happen between now and then.
Speaker 2: We feel. We look at each other now, we're just like we're a husband and wife. Like enough with the wedding, like it's gonna it's gonna be magical when it happens. But we've just like I pushed hard for September. I pushed hard for October and then she just looked at me and it's like, babe, let's not fight and I'll hill battle. Let's just pick a date next summer. Knock on wood. The world has the vaccine and life is easier and we're just gonna roll with that.
Speaker 3: That's a that's perfect, that's perfect. Okay, all right, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, you're you're This is what I love too, is that I get to adjust my guest list. And you know, because I've made new friends baby, that I want to come celebrate love with me.
Speaker 3: I would be honored. I love it.
Speaker 2: You are invited.
Speaker 1: Of course, we'll get you your invitation. All right, we'll talk soon, baby, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: All right, bye, guys, bye.
Speaker 1: I just die for her every time, every fucking time, I get like flustered when I talk to her.
Speaker 2: I saw that when.
Speaker 1: You when you googled her, were you like, holy shit? This woman is stunning.
Speaker 2: First of all, why are you looking at it? She's stunnying Tim. Tim hasn't watched one episode of Reality of Real Housewives in his life.
Speaker 1: I'm just I thought that was an awesome episode.
Speaker 2: I never watched the episode of Real Housewives. No, okay, so Tim is gonna watch I mean, why are you were like looking at Tim? She asked about when I was researching.
Speaker 1: He researched Giselle, and you ask you if he died when he saw her. She is one of the most stunning women you will every Well.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you excited I am. She's a badass, she's smart as they come, and she's very, very fun to talk to. I am going to watch this weekend on Sunday. This is going to be my mission. And she told me to start at season two and a half two point five, So I'm gonna start there and I'm going.
Speaker 1: To blow through and then we can watch together.
Speaker 2: Oh you're gonna watch again.
Speaker 1: No, but you'll be caught up with.
Speaker 2: Me o season five. But anyway, so by the end of Sunday, I'll have probably watched ten hours. So I'm stoked to see her.
Speaker 1: Yes, And before before we sign off, I know, I'm sure you are stoked to see her. I put your tongue back in your face.
Speaker 2: I'm stoked to see the show.
Speaker 1: So before we sign off, I would like to give a little bit of a shout out. I read today that Jessica Simpson, as you know, she's sober. I didn't know that she is sober. She wrote a book called Open Book where she talks about her struggles with addiction. Oh wow, And there was one Halloween that she was so wasted that her friends were like, get away from the children, Like she didn't even remember Halloween at all, which I can say i'd see.
Speaker 2: I did a movie with her like forget It ten years ago or something even longer, twelve years ago, and so I never saw that side of her. She's probably, you know, just coming up in her career, but the sweetest, nicest person. But so she's sober now.
Speaker 1: She's sober now. And she did an interview and they asked her, like, has it been hard not to drink during the pandemic? And she said, I have not wanted to pick up a drink, And I feel blessed, wow, because I haven't wanted to, you know, and that is a struggle for a lot of people. I've been on my meetings where people come in that I've recognized since I started that would say, you know, hi, today's my fifth birthday. That means like I've been five years sober. Who are now getting their three day chip or whatever it may be.
Speaker 2: Oh, do you see that A lot a lot of people falling off during this tough, you know, obviously insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you're you're it's harder to be held accountable because all you're doing is phone calls and signing on to zoom. Whereas before it's like you want to get in the car and go to a meeting because that's like your social hour. You get to see your friends, you get.
Speaker 2: To get your checking in.
Speaker 1: You're checking in exactly. We don't have that right now.
Speaker 2: And they are saying, I've looked at a lot of different stats. They are saying that alcoholism, obviously, depression, all the stuff is on the rise because we're all living in a really you know, unstable with the unpredictable time. So right, so you're giving her, You're giving Jessica Sims a shout out.
Speaker 1: I'm giving her a shout out for being sober. I think that it's amazing that she hasn't wanted to pick up a drink, and her saying I feel blessed for that is the perfect word to use, because that's not the case for everybody. So I just want to acknowledge, you know, addiction during this time and that if if I can get sober, I know that you can too. And it's it's just worth it.
Speaker 2: Well, I just want to give a shout out to you because close to your sober when is your birthday?
Speaker 1: We're gonna round up even though in AA they say that's you're supposed to count sure birthday though my birthday is October twenty second. Wow, two years.
Speaker 2: That's in so sixty days. I know we're not supposed to do this, but I'm doing it. And sixty days. You know, we take it one day at a time. I know that. But you are going to celebrate your two year birthday. That is magical.
Speaker 1: It's pretty fucking magical, man, you know, just sitting up on this uh sobriety high horse and I ain't coming down.
Speaker 2: I am not on that horse. Tim, you haven't been on that horse since you were born. So moving forward? Oh good lord, all right, well listen, we've run out of time. I just want to say two things. One, this was a fun episode and awesome that I got to meet the amazing Giselle and I look forward to seeing her show and everybody watch it. And two I got to hang out with my girl, So there we go.
Speaker 1: Oh I love you, baby. You guys, thank you for listening to another episode of Give Them La La with Randall and you will catch you next, Sweet fash.