Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: It's listener Q Daytime.
Speaker 1: We're Morgan in a show member. Answer almost all your questions.
Speaker 2: What's a friends? Happy weekend? Scooba? Steve joining me?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Best bits? Time?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 1: Someone's calling me?
Speaker 2: Is that a scamera?
Speaker 1: Let's find out?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, Sunshine State?
Speaker 4: Those are the cleaning experts.
Speaker 1: Did you know the e p A recommends you clean your air ducks at least once every three years. Press three now.
Speaker 2: To speak to one of our court. Don't press three talking about.
Speaker 1: They're talking about from Florida Sunshine experts.
Speaker 2: Did not get the call? But you moved to Tennessee several years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're hidden, dangerous? Hang out? What do I press to not talk to them?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: Hint? But he's still talking? How do I shut him up? But I want him to call me though?
Speaker 4: On three?
Speaker 1: What do you press to not talk to them?
Speaker 2: Just block the collar.
Speaker 1: He doesn't give you an option to not to not talk to them.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Just end it.
Speaker 1: How do I not talk to you with zero?
Speaker 2: Oh boy? Just hit end and block the call.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I pressed zero and away.
Speaker 2: We're not listening on purpose?
Speaker 1: I know, but I said three to talk to them. Zero wasn't the option. I figured zero was the one to go. Yeah, I saw the option for three to talk to you, but I pressed zero. I was hoping that that was the option to not talk to you, but I guess I'll still talk to you. Yeah, it's all good.
Speaker 4: There's nine.
Speaker 1: How do I get signed up for this crap?
Speaker 2: Probably? And this is why I went through.
Speaker 4: I went and like scrubbed my email of everything that I was attached, and it was like unsubscribed, unsubscribed to like go and manually unsubscribe from so anything.
Speaker 1: So I did that, and then I got part of a scam because then I had these emails of like these like I won't say where they're from, but it was like these nasty, like hate full emails, and I was like, I don't want to see this crap. I don't want to see this negative rhetoric of what's happening in our country. I don't want it. I don't want it, So I'd hit unsubscribe, but that unsubscribe was actually a malicious link that then hacked my Google account. And so for a whole month I was dealing with all this crap of someone trying to from somewhere in Richmond, Virginia, hacking my Google calling me, Like I would get these fake calls from a Google number and it wasn't really Google, and it would say someone's trying to get in your account at Google over in Richmond. And then I went and talked to the woman and then I got transferred to I actually post this on my TikTok and Instagram of talking to the scammer and I talked to him for a really long time and then eventually like you should really really if you haven't seen, it's actually pretty good.
Speaker 2: I gu I saw one clip of you doing it. You were like confronting the scammer. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I did it in three parts because then the third part was when I actually talked to the guy. And then he was like, okay, mister Steven, A nice try. And I was like, nice try what And he was like nice tribe. You've been on the phone with me for eighteen minutes that He's like, you're wasting my time. I was like no, no, no, I was like no, wait a second here. I was like, you're wasting my time because you're a scammer. He's like, I'm not a scammer. I'm trying to help you get your Google com back. Yet I was like, you do not work for Google. I was like, where are you at in San Francisco? I'm not. And we went to this whole thing and I was just like, this is such a bunch of But I found out when I talked to somebody who actually work at Google. He's like, well, the problem was we found that you clicked unsubscribe, and that unsubscribed from that malicious email then took your information. I was like, well, how do you unsubscribe from these? He's like, you have to just keep deleting them. He goes, you can't have subscribe from some of these.
Speaker 2: It's such a crap.
Speaker 4: Hey, this is why you should go listen to part one because we talked about how everything's a scam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is, it really is. I just kind of wanted to throw all this crap away and live off the grid.
Speaker 2: Okay, we can do that. We can go hang out with my grandma. She does that.
Speaker 4: God, I would love to do that, all right, Michelle apple Valley, she said, yes, my two faves are back.
Speaker 2: Everything is right again.
Speaker 1: Apple Valley, What girl are you doing?
Speaker 2: And then we've got.
Speaker 4: Yes my faves scoobs from Michelle, not Michelle.
Speaker 2: I was looking at Michelle and as.
Speaker 1: Michelle Valley is, who's this from from Nicole? Nicole?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: How does it feel working in country music when you are more of a rock guy? Katie in Georgia?
Speaker 1: Yeah, never, I mean I don't. I don't mind country music because I listened to like a little bits of it here and there growing up as a kid. But it wasn't like my, oh, I can't wait to go to a country show or I can't wait to get in the car and turn on a country radio station. So so for me, it was never a thing like I know you love country music and you grew up on it. It was like a whole thing for you. Me was hip hop, pop rock. But I like everything though, like I don't. I'm not a person that like is turned off by anything. Like I even listen to instrumentals or like Beethoven and weird crap or like TV show theme songs. I like everything the same way.
Speaker 2: I'm all of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm everywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm scream Oh that's where you get me.
Speaker 1: I like scream on all like so, I like everything. I just of a list countries at the very very very bottom. And so for me, it was never when I took this job, it wasn't about country. I took this job because of the of the show that what it was needing, and and I fulfilled or what do you what? What I'm looking for? I fit in with what was needed for this show at the time. I'm a fixer. I had to come in and fix things. And there was some systems that were in place that either didn't exist or needed some desperate help and needed some guidance and some some assistance for the nicest way to put it, and so I had to come in and help fix the problems that never that they just didn't They needed somebody that came from somewhere else and could give the knowledge. I kept so distracted by your ring. It's a massive time. I haven't seen your ring. And look, I'm like, holy crap, that's a fricking huge diamond. I have seen it like in a picture, but I don't think i've ever seen it like in person. Did you sit in another You sit in another studio and I sit in the glass box of Ray and Abbey, And so it's always far away, but like now, you're like, you have your hand like it's almost like looking.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is over your existence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we gotta seen Abby's because she's close to mine and yours is like modest and like normal, and yours is like huge.
Speaker 4: Mine's date teeth on the hands small, but that ring, but the diamonds not everything. When we did go looking at rings, everything made my hand.
Speaker 2: Everything looked big on my hand because.
Speaker 1: I have very little hands, so maybe perspective is that could be like a half carrot, but on your hand it was like four carrots.
Speaker 2: No I think I think it's three carrots.
Speaker 1: I said four, and you're like no, no, I was thinking like, oh no, it's one, and like it's three, which is basically four. You could be all basle and shy. But holy crap, that's a huge ring.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love it. I literally was just sitting. I have to hold on because I fall down the chairs a lot.
Speaker 3: You fall down because your hand weighs so much. Now because you got four kts on your hand, sure and little and like crab yo, Okay, that's a really nice ring. I completely what I was talking about because that thing is like massive.
Speaker 2: Okay, you did you are more of a rock guy.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: There it is.
Speaker 1: Holy Christ. Anyone else reacted the way I have when they saw it, like Jesus Christ Morgan. No, I mean it weighs more than you.
Speaker 2: He's pretty. He did really good.
Speaker 1: No, it's awesome. I think it's great that you should never feel bad or bashful or weird about it, like that's that's amazing. The fact that you know that you got that, that's awesome. We bought our ring at Costco. Was like a half a carrot, but we were also like, Hella broke. I was like twenty four or five or whatever when.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 1: That's a massive ring. Holy it's like j Loo status, like twenty carrots. Yeah, I know, but like in our world it's like perspective, it's Jalo status. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, he did really good.
Speaker 1: I really he did. So I was so thrown off, like whoa. I kept looking at your hands, like Jesus, that's a huge ring. Good dude, he's awesome. Like how much would you spend I don't know, like a whole year's salary.
Speaker 2: He had been saving for a while.
Speaker 1: I can tell. Yeah he has, Yeah, he really has. He's been saving for a while.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. Oh wow, you don't want to know how many radio shows are you on?
Speaker 1: Oh man, not as many carrots as Morgan?
Speaker 2: Guys, are you done? I didn't even bring up anything about it.
Speaker 1: You couldn't because like your hand is like wafting.
Speaker 2: Around in the air and it's like sitting on my laptop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like you can barely hold your hand up, like it weighs so much. That is an awesome ring. Okay, sorry, sorry, I know I'm making you like a Mashable. You shouldn't be embarrassed by it. You should be bashful. It's awesome ring.
Speaker 2: It's not you.
Speaker 4: It's not everybody loves to have eighty million opinions on everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on the internet opinions.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. It's amazing. You should be like, like, that's a nice ring. He did really good, Yeah he did. Like, Now, how do you like top that with the band? Like because usually like I feel like from like for us, like the engaging ring was like kind of it was nice, was fine. We got a costco who were we went to the actual costco number one, Kirkland, Kirkland, Kirklin, Washington, which is why everything's Kirkland.
Speaker 3: Oh got it?
Speaker 2: I did not realize that.
Speaker 1: So it's in Kirkland, Washington, and we both were like massive. She'd been going to Costco since she was like a child, so like, oh my god, it be so cool. And we're like, it's like, just buy me a ring at Costco because Costco also doesn't, you know, mark up their stuff when it comes to diamonds and jewelry, they kind of arete where they should be, like almost like a dealer price. And she said, just buy her whatever ring. And then when we get married, though, I won't really nice bands. So the bands that I got her I got are two bands that go on each side. The bands cost like way more than the actual engagement ring, which I'm sure at some point down the line when we're like, you know, older and have a ton of money, like you and your boyfriend or fiance, well upgrade here of us when I'm mute, it's not true.
Speaker 2: You also have how many kids?
Speaker 1: I have three kids? Back then I didn't though, but I also was like I was like, I worked in San Francisco and I got paid nothing. I got paid, Like, yeah, you were.
Speaker 2: Also in your twenties.
Speaker 1: We're in our thirties exactly. I'm just giving you a hard time. We honestly got on the real real Who cares what anyone says about it? If you like it, that's important. If he's proud of giving that to you, that's another thing. And you guys are happy as a couple. It's like when anyone can say whatever they want. Fam they're not your relationship, they're not you. Who cares what they say? What they think?
Speaker 4: You like it?
Speaker 1: It makes you happy. I saw even though I called it out, it's still you still smiled because you know it's a nice ring.
Speaker 2: It's really pretty.
Speaker 1: So screw anyone else on what they think and their idea of it, because because you like it, and that's all that matters. But God, even when you hold it down, it's like a lizard hanging on your hand. It's so huge, you know.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 4: Though I did tell him one simulation, which is which, which is why he was saving Like early on, I'm I'm not shy about financial stuff. Like my parents really like ingrained a lot of like financial conversations me very much of resource I was thankful for and they like when we were early in dating and even the conversation talking about marriage, I was like it's very important.
Speaker 2: To me that I do not go in debt for a wedding. I do not go You don't go in debt.
Speaker 4: For buying a ring, Like there nothing is worth going into debt to me, it's always the case. So that was like my stipulation with him whenever he was going to propose, if he wanted to propose, I guys, those real conversations started happening, especially when we were looking at rings. I was like, you're not going into debt to get me something. That's not how this is going to work. Like, I don't want that. I want us to be happy. I want this to be something that you love, that you create, that you think like symbolizes our relationship and the love that we have for each other. And if you go into debt, it's not worth it to me at the end of the day, it isn't.
Speaker 2: And so he didn't. Unbeknownst to me, before.
Speaker 4: We even went ring shopping, he was saving and he was already planning for that to come. But it was that was a very very big conversation we had because I just don't. I'm still that way even like wedding planning.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't want a big wedding.
Speaker 4: I want a small I would elope if our parents wouldn't be angry, So I can't want to be.
Speaker 1: Part of it. Yeah yeah, are you traditionalists for like your dad pays for it kind of thing? Or how's that going to work?
Speaker 2: That's the other thing is like I've been saving because I don't want my parents.
Speaker 1: To be Oh, okay, that's cool.
Speaker 2: I just don't like I.
Speaker 4: But I also just don't want to spend insane amounts of money anyway. So I want us to get married in the mountains, very small, like maybe just a family only type ceremony and then have a party here or something.
Speaker 2: But I'm just not none of that.
Speaker 4: Like I see people spending insane amounts of money and it blows my mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah it really. Yeah, Like a friend of mine he got married kind of like you the mountains. It was big, sir so over there on the California coast, but it was only it was like a really small like twenty thirty people. It was like his like really really really good friends and family and that was it. And we all stayed in little cabins in big sur Rich Point. I hear what it's called, but it was so cool, and I mean it costs a little bit of money, wasn't It wasn't cheap. Yeah, but it also wasn't like one hundred thousand dollars if he wouldn't his entire group of friends and family and stuff. So yeah, and it was beautiful and it was intimate, and it was in the mountains. It was so cool and yeah, yeah, I recommend you do something that that you want to do, not what society wants.
Speaker 4: You to do.
Speaker 2: I know, And it's hard.
Speaker 4: Heck, do you even look at venues and there it's twenty thousand dollars you run a venue?
Speaker 1: Just a venue?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I just that's insane to me. There's beautiful nature everywhere. What are we doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So yeah, noah, anyways, I digress.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, move on.
Speaker 2: How many radio shows are you on? Anita would like to know.
Speaker 1: I guess it's just Bobby's show on my show. It's it got your two shows whenever I do best bits, so three shows?
Speaker 2: Yet three?
Speaker 4: Do you still do the weekend like you were doing something on iHeartRadio for a while nineties?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was afternoons and I heeart nineties.
Speaker 2: I take that back up.
Speaker 1: No, I stopped doing that because I was then focused on the rock thing. It was good to kind of like it was like a way to get me back into doing solo radio. So it was great. It was fun. The music was so much fun. It was nineties, you know, pop rock, alternative, so it was it was a fun station. It got my chops back going and doing radio again. But I did it for like six months and then maybe four and five months, I don't know, it wasn't that long. And then I started getting working towards this rock thing because of the HRD nineties. But I don't have time to do multiple you know, yeah, different kinds of shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah you got two already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two's enough. And I'm working on making that rock show being other markets with just that. So that's the goal of taking that one show and expanding it into other places.
Speaker 2: I believe in you.
Speaker 1: You hear you. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Laura, and Albuquerque wants to know. How did you come to be on the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 1: I came to be so I was the short hand version of it. I was in La working with Ryan Seacrest and one day I was at an event called Wango Tango, which is it was local but it was the first year it was national, and so one of my other jobs, I guess, going back to the last question, not a show, but one of my other jobs as I go and do all of the art company's tent pole events. So like Alter Ego was just there recently for in La it's like the rock show. We go to Country Fest because of where I'm at now. I do Fiesta Latina in Miami, which is like the the Latin pop big show. We do the festival in Vegas. What else is there? There's the iHeart Awards that come up every year in La. So I also am part of that broadcast team where we do the behind the scenes interviews and put that whole thing together. And so I was at Wango Tango and doing that. It was the first year it was a national show. So I was working there and working with Seacrests, and I was talking to some people that I work with in management at Premiere and I was like, hey, you know, just I'm thinking, I'm you know, I want I'm looking for something else in the company, Like I love this job I'm working with. Ryan's freaking amazing. It's it's so surreal to have to have Ryan Seacrest know who I am, and like talk to me. I'm like, oh my god, this is freaking ry. It's Ryan Seacrest. But then eventually becomes like he just he's just Ryan, but it's still a little bit in your back of your mind like, oh my god, this is Ryan Seacrest talking to me right now. So I didn't I didn't want to think I was ungrateful for the opportunity. But I I want like more responsibility. I wanted to I wanted like the next step. I've always been the way in my career of like I want more, I want more, I want to keep moving up the ladder and do whatever. And then also I just had our first kid and we're living in LA and we live in a townhouse in the valley and there's no yard. And I felt like guilty, you know, raising my kid without some sort of space. And I knew I wanted more kids, and I knew I couldn't afford more kids in LA. Yeah, just because the cost of living was so high. I got paid nice. I had a good salary. My wife had a good salary. She was working the hot. Toughest part was she just got a cool job because I told her she was left finance, and I was like, you should we live in La dude, get like a fun entertainment job. You know, we live here. I don't know how long we're gonna live here for, but get like a cool, fun job. And so she went and applied for a job at Universal and she worked with the executive that handled toys and branding, which is the coolest one. So it's all like she got a lot of like the prototype toys of when they were coming out with business back when Drastic World was about to come out. So she'd come home with all these cool prototype toys and she got to work the Universal a lot her boss. It was like a really cool experience. And I felt bad because, like four or five months into it, I was like, hey, so you know we talked about like getting a new job or a different job, and she's like yeah, yeah, yeah. I was like, well, I think I got it. And it's in Nashville, and she's like, oh my god, Nashville. So we had the move and I was like yeah, and she just got this job and she liked her boss, and her boss loved her, and I felt bad. I was like, but I don't have to take it though. Because I know you see you like this and you seem really happy. And she's like, no, no, no, no, she is that we want to build a family and do more. Let's go for it. And even in that moment, they were like, it was either New York or Nashville, and I was I'll take whatever. But New York would have maybe not been the best because it wouldn't have checked the family box. You're in the city. I guess, let's move moved to Jersey or something, but I would have made it work. But then Nashville just seemed, I guess made more sense for us. And I was like, oh, let's go explore the Nashville one, like all right, cool, sweet, and they're like it's for a got Nam Bobby Bones. I'm like, I don't, I don't really know. I was like I just want to move somewhere, and all right, cool whatever. So then I came out here and I think you were here, right, yeah, And I came out here that one time. Yeah, well, I first met them. I met somebody somewhere I forget where. I think it was Bobby somewhere, and then I came out here and met you guys, and then I hung out for like a day or two, and then I flew out. And then then I saw Bobby that Festival of twenty nineteen in September, and he he goes like, yes, we're dating now. I was like what, you know. I was like he's and then I was like, oh, I guess and then he's like, yeah, I think it's going to happen. I was like all right, cool, sweet, and then I was like all right, this is great. It was nice to me because we should follow each other. Found out either we should follow each other on Twitter, and I was like okay, and so we follow each other on Twitter and that was how the relationship started.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was like one of the things where I just was looking for something else and looking for more of a challenge, and they explained what the show needed. I was like, oh, it's a fun challenge. I want to be able to come in there and work on that and do that. And Nashville I never knew anything about it. I spent less than forty eight hours here and was like, this is pretty cool. It's a smaller city, but it seems like it's up and coming. And I was like this is I could see myself living out here, cost of living was way cheaper than LA so it just made sense. And so yeah, we we die here, and here we are six years later.
Speaker 2: Now you're still here.
Speaker 4: Speaking of before, we're going to do this quickly before we go into the break. What do you miss about California? Vanessa from Monterey Monterey?
Speaker 1: You live Monterey. You know why I miss California? If it's the Monterey I'm thinking, right, is it Monterey California?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I assume she just says Monterey.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, what's her name? Melissa?
Speaker 2: Vanessa?
Speaker 1: Vanessa? Sorry, Melissa's from Apple Valley, Michelle. Michelle, Oh my god, a long, long week. Vanessa, Yep, you know why I miss California. But for everyone else who doesn't know why I missed it, because she lives in freaking Monterey, Like she knows why I miss California. The place is beautiful. You're right on the ocean, like you're That's the biggest thing is the ocean. I missed the ocean. I miss being near my wife's family because we had we had help, which was nice because we have you know, having kids, it takes a village. And right now we're all by ourselves. So I did a top three, it'd be I missed the top four. Ocean, being near fan, family, recreational marijuana, and uh, access to like everything you can do and see anything and everything in California, whereas most states don't have the luxury for of the restaurants, theme parks, entertainment. I mean at the venue, like everything about California. It's just awesome. There's so much to do and see there.
Speaker 2: I'd love to live there someday, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I recommend it San Francisco, La and everything in between. It's awesome.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're gonna take a quick break. We'll be are back for more questions. Mark and Tampa just got Universal Studios Iowa passes.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I wants of adventure.
Speaker 4: Okay, what are the top three rides and restaurant there?
Speaker 1: I was an adventure, so I don't know they had passes just for the specific park though.
Speaker 4: I thought it was like, it looks like he got it for Universal Studios Slot. He said Universal Studios slash Iowa, So he must have got Universal.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, because I think the epic isn't part of the annual passes yet.
Speaker 4: I think it's becoming next year with this year. I can't remember when they announced it, but it is in the next year or so.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'll tell you my If he's only looking for favorite rides, I guess I can give you my top three rides at Iowa and Universal Studios.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So, because I used to have an anal pass when I lived in Orlando. It was ten bucks a month when I had it, I'm sure he's paying way more than that now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot more, Yeah, a lot more.
Speaker 1: That was twenty eight nine, ten actually seven, Holy crap. My top three rides at Iowa. One of them doesn't exist anymore. It was Dueling Dragons.
Speaker 2: Can tell no one because it doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: But now it exists at Epic that you said that, there's that one ride. Okay, yes, so yeah, that was my favorite ride with dueling dragons. It was the coolest thing ever. You got Your feet were dangling, and I would always I wore sandals all the time back then, so it was the cool thing ever because I took my sandals off. I sat on my sandals and now I'm barefoot riding a ride. It was like so liberating to be barefoot on a roller coaster. Okay, so I love that ride. I also love of My second favorite would have to probably be Hulk. Oh, I love Hulk Holk. Do you write that one? Or shoot you off?
Speaker 4: Do you think I wrote a roller coaster like that? When I don't like though, you should just just just do it?
Speaker 2: No one.
Speaker 4: I would vomit to I'd cry. Three, I'd probably give herd to go again.
Speaker 1: Okay, all three research. So Hulk was number two for me. It was the best part ever. You you get in that tunnel. I was like, I think it's I think it's gonna work.
Speaker 3: Warning warning, no no, And all of a sudden, like it would just shot when you're out of the tunnel and you're rolling around, and there was so much fun.
Speaker 2: Did you do you like Velosa Coaster?
Speaker 1: I had never written it. It wasn't when I lived there.
Speaker 4: Velocit Coaster is going to change your life when you need to write it. So you wrote it's all everybody who I've gone with it's their favorite one, okay, because it's insane.
Speaker 1: That looks it looks really cool. I haven't written it yet. I have plans that I have plans to go. I will be going end of March, beginning of April.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, then you have to it. Then you have to ride Velosogosta. I mean my fiance wrote it five times in a row. Oh wow, okay Dan, because he could go by himself because I wouldn't go. So you just go to the individual rider line. He'd get off and I'm like, I'm still chilling, go for it. You just went back up and dude, and he come down so geeked out and he's like, I was like, still chilling, go for.
Speaker 3: It, dude.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I can't wait to write that one. And then so my number three, Man, it's tough because I really liked I like Jurassic Park because it has that fun ninety foot drop or sixty foot drop whatever it is in the end. You write that one, but now it's Drassic World, so I need to see it now because it's different. But I think my third favorite aisleway has got to be Dudley Do rights rip soft Falls? Did you ride that? It's the water log ride?
Speaker 3: No, I don't.
Speaker 4: I wrote any of the water ones. Okay at Universal.
Speaker 2: We did at Disney, but we didn't at Universe.
Speaker 1: That was at Universal. That was an Island's Adventure though. Yeah, I'm we University of generally to round water rides. Okay, that one's a fun one. That's the one. It's almost like Splash Mountain their version of it. Yeah, because at the end it has like you get out and it's like whoa and a big drop at the end you go down and you get soaked the whole time. We used to ride that during Halloween Hornites because no one would ride that because it's nighttime and you get soaked, and no one wants to get soaked at the park. But we had frequent Fear passes, which which basically was an annual pass for Halloween Hornites, so we'd go like three times a week, and then we would go there one day just to ride that. So we went there knowing we're gonna get wet, and we'd ride it over and over.
Speaker 2: Makes a lot more fun too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know, we know that's what we're doing. Then when we leave, we don't care because we're gonna go back in my truck soaked. It doesn't matter because we know that's what we're doing. And ember one time we wrote it over and over and over and over and over and over, and I had to pee, and uh, and I had to pee, and and we were it was like our seventh or eight time riding it, and no one else had to pee. I was like, dude, I got to pee. And they're like like, well we don't. We're gonna ride it again, because it was like a zero minute wait. We're running back on to go ride it. And I was like, well, I really have to go. And it's and it's a ride where you're it's a it's a log ride, and so it's like, I think it's like four people want to ride. And I was in the back and so it was me in the back, my friend Lee in front of me, and then Drew and Brent, and so I was like I had to pee and I couldn't hold it anymore. And I'm like, well, we are so wet right now. There's no ride. There's no way that they're gonna know that it's either my pee or the water from around the rides splashing you. So I remember we were going down the big drop and I was like all right, and I just let it go and I sat back and I peed all over Lee.
Speaker 2: No you did not, he did.
Speaker 1: And we wrote like three or four more times, which I was like, let's write it some more times, like I thought you had to go pee. I was like, no, no, I'm good, but I want to write it more times so I can, Like, so I could, so I could clean me because I just pete. I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: That's bad.
Speaker 1: That's really bad. Sorry, Lee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I thought all those years ago that he smelled pea and he just was like, crazy, yours water, it's.
Speaker 1: Hot, And that's right, it's been cold the whole time. Yeah, what the hell's happening here? Yeah? Really weird. And then and then my favorite spot to eat in there was a place right when you walk into Alan's Adventure you get to so you walk straight in and it gets like that tea in the row where you can go to the left, which takes you to Marvel Universe where it's got Hulk and all that, or you can go to the right and it goes to Doctor seuss Land and all that over there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so there's walking through Doctor Susland.
Speaker 4: When I was at Universal, it was pouring rain and I had ran because my family was riding the roller coasters and I didn't want to, so I ran to go to Spider Man.
Speaker 2: I wanted to do Spider Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fine, right too.
Speaker 2: It is I loved Spider Man.
Speaker 4: And I got out of there and it was pouring down rain, so it was like a zombie apocalypse. Nobody was there or they're running around, and I was in Doctor SEUs Lane and I didn't it. This is my first time ever in the park. I was trying to get back to my family and the pouring rain and I was in Doctor sus Land. I thought I was on drugs.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, because it's trippy.
Speaker 4: Oh it was so trippy and it was raining and nobody was around, and I had no idea where I was going. I got lost in Doctor Suslane like three times, just doing the same lap, and I was like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: I want to get out of here. If it was like Groundhog Day, it literally was.
Speaker 2: So that's my memory of Doctor Seuss World.
Speaker 1: It's a cool spot, and even during hollywod Horn, it's because they're like the way they light things in there. It's so trippy and so cool. But right before we walk into there, on the right hand side, there's a place called something Cantina. It's like a hidden gym like no one ever, even though it's right there in the main walkway. Yeah, I felt like nobody ever went in there. It was the best place to go, especially for a drink because they have a bar right there that and you can grab a drink and you can sit there and like watch Hulk and see all that stuff. I think it's really cool.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: Not the best food, but it's a great it's okay food, but it was the atmosphere and the drinks and the accessibility to get to a bar right there and watch the park. I think it's kind of cool. Okay, So I like that.
Speaker 2: I like those.
Speaker 1: And then so for you, what were your top three at as Adventure?
Speaker 4: Well, and I'll just put them all into one, okay, but definitely the uh what was it called, uh, motorbike Hagrids.
Speaker 1: Oh, Hagrid's I'd never ridden that either. That's new.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Hagrids, you'll love. It's definitely my number one. And I would say, then Harry Potter, The Escape at Green Goots is number two.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've been on that very Harry Potter. I love Harry Potter.
Speaker 4: Atarsal like just you spend the whole day there and then three. I think my third one was what what was that place? And why can't I think of it now? I really do like Spider Man.
Speaker 1: No Transformers, Oh, Transformers, I didn't. That wasn't there either when I was there, I don't think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a three D ride.
Speaker 1: Just like Spider Man ride. Yes, same kind of concept.
Speaker 2: And I freaking love Transformers.
Speaker 4: So I was geeking out and there and I got to meet Bumblebee and Optimus Spot.
Speaker 1: Well, they have a Transformers at the one in LA and I've been on that one. It's the same thing where you're in the car with the glasses screens, things like.
Speaker 2: You get like thrown around, yeah.
Speaker 1: Water and a whole for dy effect. Yes, that one's fine, okay, Yeah, So.
Speaker 2: I would say that's my third one.
Speaker 4: And then I do honorable mention the Jurassic Coaster because everybody loves it. I can't see fram experience, but you have to ride it, if you're a.
Speaker 2: If you're got passes, you have to do it, okay.
Speaker 4: And then restaurant wise, I love Three Broomsticks and Harry Potter. They have a bomb breakfast thing, uh huh, which you can't normally find breakfast in the park. But we did there, okay, and that one was really cool.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 4: I think that's about it, because I'm definitely more a Disney food girl than i am the Universal food girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Universal has stepped it up a little bit recently with their food. I know, for back when I was living there, it was like Universal wasn't. You didn't go there for the food. You went there to drink and ride rides.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And Disney was like the food. It was the foodie food, exact seeming of it and everything.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Janelle and Florida wants to know the theme park? What do you want to visit?
Speaker 2: You've never been to before.
Speaker 1: I've never been to before before. I get to hurt my top three of Universal. I'll go really fast. Oh yeah, the main park.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I thought you put them all.
Speaker 1: No, No, I divided it because you can't put it. The fact of there being together is blasphemy. Get to separate the two parks. Yeah, yeah, okay, So the Universal, the Main Universal, I'm gonna go mostly old school. Number one is et. Oh my god, it is so cool and I hope they never ever ever change it. You can't. You just can't touch that one. That one's amazing. I love et. I love Men in Black as number two. Men in Black is so bad ass because it's such a fun like shooting ride and I've read memories of it. Men in Black is so much fun. And when he says don't touch the red but button, touched the red button because then you get a million points or one hundred thousand points whatever. It is, so definitely touch the red button. That's a little hack there for you. And the other hack is definitely make sure you shoot the things on top of the other person's ride, so you'll notice on your car in every car around you. At the very top, there's like this like almost like a cute tip looking thing. It's got like a rod and like a circle on top, and there's a red circle that like flashes, and if you shoot that, you get a lot of different points. And when you shoot their car and you hit it right in the middle, their car spins around and does three sixties.
Speaker 2: Which is kind of cool, funny, okay.
Speaker 1: And then my third favorite at Universal Man, it's It's gotta be Mummy.
Speaker 4: Mummy is so she's a single Harry Potter ride.
Speaker 1: No Harry Potter wasn't there when I went to a Universal. Really, Harry Potter didn't exist. Harry Potter was just coming out as a movie for the first time ever when I went to Universal. Okay, growing up, you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna have a wildly life changing experience because you like Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: I love Harry Potter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're gonna it's gonna change your After you have visited again, I'm gonna your updated lists.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, do you have a buddy. Yeah, I'll let you know. Come after April some more information. And then the best food at Universal, man, I think the pizza spot. So it's over there where they did a lot of filming. All that was filmed, like the whole all that intro was filming in like that city looking area by Mummy, there's a pizza spy. If you're looking at Mummy. To the right, there's a pizza joint. And that pizza, from what I remember, was like the best pizza like ever. It was so freaking delicious.
Speaker 4: Okay, so good, Okay, now too, okay, next question, what theme park would you want to visit that you've.
Speaker 2: Never been to before.
Speaker 1: I've never been to before. I really want to go to I've seen it on Instagram only. It's the Warner Brothers Park over in Dubai. It's all indoors, which is like so intriguing to me that it's an indoor theme park. So I would say that will be number one on the list, But it's like tied with the one inside Mall of America, the Nickelodeon Universe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've had You've wanted to do other for a while.
Speaker 1: For instance, I was a kid. So I think it's between the Warner Brothers in Dubai and nick Universe at Mall of America would be the two I'm into that.
Speaker 3: I want to check.
Speaker 4: Well, one of those is going to be really easy for you to get too, yeah, them all of America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Dubai. It's a little bit of a hike.
Speaker 2: It is gonna take you well execute yeah, and it's hell of expensive.
Speaker 1: One of them.
Speaker 2: You can get there pretty quickly. You can just pop on a little flight this weekend and go.
Speaker 1: I could, but I have a family to attend, so you can't just get up and go. But then it costs more money. I can't do that.
Speaker 2: It's true. I want to go to Disney and Japan.
Speaker 1: That's it'd be cool. Yeah, that'd be fun to see, like the Disney's across the world. Yeah, the world looks crazy, so yeah, and they're adding the zoo Topia land there. I think, right, looks so freaking cool.
Speaker 2: I just want to go to Japan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be and it's cheaper there. I think it's like fifty bucks to get in. My friend just went there. He did a whole Japan trip by himself, and he spent like a couple thousand bucks with flight transportation while he's there, food, that the tickets to Japan for the Disneyland there, it was like nothing. It was like fifty to fifty five dollars. It's like everything when you that you buy there is also affordable. I was like, why is it that there but not here?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Understand that?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well we're going to end because I had some more questions. But we went on a little tan earlier.
Speaker 1: We went through a few tangents.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, oh my goodness. Okay, well, Scuba, thanks for coming on hanging out with us. I appreciate him, not thank you for all the comments. I'm sure I'm about to get.
Speaker 1: Online scream as my dad would say, yeah.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, you can find Scoob of Steve at Scoob of Steve Radio pretty much everywhere, well.
Speaker 1: Not pretty much everywhere, because I'm not on my Space anymore and on Twitter. I'm on Twitter, you're right, yeah, but you're.
Speaker 2: On TikTok and you're on Instagram.
Speaker 1: I'm not on Snapchat. I'm not on be Real, you're not on Facebook be real. Still a thing?
Speaker 4: No, okay, I might still exist, but a thing. And the fact that a lot of people use it.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, everyone's like it's tona be the next greatest thing. I was like, this seems a lot like every other platform. You're just taking pictures of stuff.
Speaker 2: Listen, it's all.
Speaker 4: It's always a this is going to be a thing until it's not so, and that it did have a moment, had a moment there for a while, and I think I do think it still exists, and I think there's college kids.
Speaker 2: That use it. I think that's really where it's at.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: But also Snapchat has kind of had a little comeback to so I don't know if they're competing or what that looks like.
Speaker 2: And you speak to some college kids, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like way down the totem pole.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, one cares about it, but everywhere else he's on Yeah I am else, Yeah yeah everywhere, but and I'm at.
Speaker 2: One Girl Morgan, thanks for hanging out with us. Bye, everybody.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show and all social platforms and followed web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.