Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to your extra dose of Second Day. It is your Saturday edition of the podcast. It's Brick and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Take more than one of.
Speaker 1: These, okay, and on us this is okay, no driving heavy machine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I got it, I got it.
Speaker 1: We got two classics for you. But I just have to mention we are in the middle of our Summer Day Challenge.
Speaker 4: I haven't heard it.
Speaker 1: It's where we dare each other to do ridiculously stupid things. And Jeff's challenge went down yesterday. The video is ridiculous. I shaved off half of his beard and we rebearded him with different craft items, so glitter, some craft moss, a lot of.
Speaker 4: Glues, a baby face. Yes, really hard get used to around here. The video.
Speaker 1: The videos up on all of our socials at Brook and Jeffrey, and people.
Speaker 4: Are going crazy in the coments. I love reading them.
Speaker 5: I got there's a I'm terrified but can't stop watching. Oh no, she's going the wrong way.
Speaker 2: I scared all the guys when.
Speaker 4: That I had never shaved a guy's face. I can't believe how hard y'all pushed with.
Speaker 1: That's Oh for real, I thought it was gonna take a skin off.
Speaker 3: The beard was Jeff, Now it's someone else. Oh no, yeah, go.
Speaker 1: Watch a video for another little form of entertainment at Jeff's expense. Hends up on our socials again at Brook and Jeffrey, and then sit back and enjoy your double dose of second dates.
Speaker 4: Start right now.
Speaker 6: We've talked forever on this show about dating hacks.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so many.
Speaker 6: Tricks you can do on apps to get more swipes. People putting guys photos into AI to calculate their real height.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that one was so smart.
Speaker 6: The dating world is a sneaky minefield nowadays, and today was no exceptions. You will not believe what one woman pulled off while she was out with a guy. It had Jose freaking out that this was even possible. You're gonna find out when we do your second date update right after this second date update. If you're like me, you've wondered, is it possible to be too smooth on a date?
Speaker 3: I've been there.
Speaker 6: I'm putting hair moose on places where hair isn't that smooth? Are Apparently one of our listeners, Cam believes that may have been his problem. Too smooth. During this day, Cam you moos in right now, Brod, because I am moosey goosey up in here. I am ready to hear the story.
Speaker 3: But Brook's getting too turned on by it. That's the problem. So Cam, you think you're so smooth? Huh smooth as.
Speaker 7: That's actually the problem is that she kept asking me like, are you a player? Are you so smooth? You pick up girls all the time? And I couldn't convince her. I was like, well, no, I met you. I like you, we had a connection. You would you Well, I don't know, she's just met the wrong people. She just kept asking.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe maybe you're more debonair and smooth than you realize.
Speaker 6: The sounds like a player to me. But I mean, it's interesting that you even had that conversation. How did you meet this girl? I'm assuming what's her?
Speaker 7: Well, her name is Ashley and we met at a food truck.
Speaker 3: How did that happen?
Speaker 1: Jose, you're going to get on a tangent.
Speaker 7: Well, I was out of the bars with some friends and we're getting kind of late, so I go to this food truck and I'm waiting for my nachos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's.
Speaker 6: Always Mexican food after the bars, like smooth boys do with their nachos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know Alexis would fall in love with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's smart.
Speaker 7: So then there's this girl and she's dancing to the street musicians playing guitar. But she's really into the music, and so I just give her a hard time. I start picking on her. I'm like, wow, you must be really.
Speaker 3: Wasted because she likes to dance.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean it was a street guitar player. It wasn't like this was a rock show.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't call that smooth.
Speaker 3: What's not smooth? Street performer and criticizing someone's.
Speaker 7: Dancing, Yeah, exactly, I'm not smooth, Okay.
Speaker 4: But she liked it, she liked be made fun of.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, so she picks on me back. She's like, no, I'm not wasted. I actually like good music. Don't you like this music? So it turns out we start talking. We end up at a picnic table with her friends, and then her friends starts complaining I want to go home and we were having a good time. So her friend goes home. She and I actually go out for more drinks and we end up at my place.
Speaker 6: Wow, she's willing to ditch her friend group just to out with you. I'm back on you being on the smooth training and honestly.
Speaker 7: Well, the truth is, her friend group actually kind of ditched her because they were the ones that want to go home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's always one in the girlfriend group that.
Speaker 3: Is like okay, yeah, no self control.
Speaker 4: Yeah obviously we'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would always.
Speaker 3: Been Yeah, how did it go back at your place?
Speaker 7: Very well, I thought, until I woke up the next morning and she was gone, and I can't get a hold of her since then. But like I said, the only thing I can think of is her main theme of the night was like how often do you pick up girls? Are you a player? Is this what you always do?
Speaker 1: It kind of makes sense why she would think that now because you picked her up and like you guys went back to your place.
Speaker 7: Well, no, I don't do that all the time. And I didn't just have a goal like we went and had drinks first, like it just happened.
Speaker 1: Actually I know, I'm just saying, like the situation she's probably feeling. I would only think that if like at your house, did you have something that screamed player?
Speaker 4: Like extra toothbrush? Is a ton of them are like you brought up.
Speaker 3: That's actually a good point.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: Or an extra room labeled for the girls.
Speaker 3: Yes, do you have anything like that at your place?
Speaker 7: No? I would think an extra toothbrush would scream wife, but.
Speaker 3: It's not used you want to brush your teeth. I'm saving that for my wife.
Speaker 4: It's like I had pictures of my wedding all around, but I.
Speaker 7: Told her like, look, I'm just a bachelor. I'm not dating anyone else. We happen to beat it a food truck and we just hit it off, and so I'm like, what is going on? Why did she leave early and disappear? It's so weird.
Speaker 2: Her axe could have cheat it on her big player, so it could be other stuff.
Speaker 1: Is right, It could be uncomfortable to wake up the next morning when you're like completely sober.
Speaker 4: And some people just want to scurry out of it anything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly, No, I totally understand that. But look now it's been four days and you at least text somebody back, Like I've been texting her and she won't even respond.
Speaker 4: But you really liked her. You're saying you could have seen more than just one night of fun.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I thought, you know, we were great together.
Speaker 2: He probably doesn't believe you. Yes, it sounds like already she's like, no way, this guy's.
Speaker 6: Not well, we'll try and call her and change her mind that you're not smooth and you're not cool y.
Speaker 3: You are just a totally average regular type.
Speaker 4: Never gets women.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody wants You've never even been with a woman before.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is more like Coldie Locks and the Three Bears. The porridge is too hot, the porge is too cold. Let's just keep it in the middle.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, we're going full extreme one way or the other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not a virgin, but one time he got to second base.
Speaker 3: Yeah wait, still be a virgin. Yeah, let's just call her. We'll see what she has to say for your second date update.
Speaker 6: Right after this second date update, we're in the middle of a second date update.
Speaker 3: It's broken Jeffrey in.
Speaker 6: The morning, having kind of an interesting discussion in the studio. Is it possible to tell if a guy is a player right away? Like just in general when you meet what are the signs that could point to that? Because maybe we could figure this out before we even call her.
Speaker 1: Oh if he if our listener is a player, because why she thinks he.
Speaker 3: Is our listener.
Speaker 6: Cam was accused of being a player by the girl he went out with Ashley the other night. And I'm wondering, Brooke, like, what are the signs that tell you a guy is a player?
Speaker 7: What do you think?
Speaker 4: Sane? I would say like using any sort of pet name.
Speaker 3: Right, like Beethoven. No, that's probably not a good sun.
Speaker 1: I'd also say like any sort of like touching or really intense eye contact like a shoulder rub or or there's like you know, like the pop callar, like the Ferrari keychain.
Speaker 3: Like, Okay, I guess I'm not going to bring my Ferrari out on a dab.
Speaker 2: Sure what am I supposed to bring?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry any for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so there are some signs there.
Speaker 6: I mean, maybe we could just break this down ourselves right now, Cam, do you own any Ferrari money? Did you use a pet name when talking to Ashley?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Long pause there. Think that's good.
Speaker 7: Well, I just think it's funny that, Like I was like, I own a Ferrari, Like where did that come from? But then I realized, oh, the key chain, No, No, it's definitely not.
Speaker 1: I mean anything where it's like you're over compensating. You're like, yeah, trying to make it look like you have a lot of money.
Speaker 7: I mean, I remind you we met at a food truck, not a Michelin star restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, nor did you order side walk because that could mean the same.
Speaker 7: That's oh, be talking right there, big spender. Yeah you caught me.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're still up in the air.
Speaker 6: We don't know for sure if any of this even matters to her, Like it could be something completely different than has her knock calling you back.
Speaker 3: So let's just dial.
Speaker 6: Up Ashley and find out. Here we go, Hello, Hey is this Ashley?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Hey Ashley.
Speaker 6: Not sure if you're ready for this, but welcome to a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: In the Morning.
Speaker 6: Okay, probably because what we're doing here is a segment called a second Date Update. We are reaching out on behalf of one of our listeners. It's a guy that you met just a few days ago.
Speaker 4: Actually pretty cute.
Speaker 6: I think he really wants to see you again because his name is Cam.
Speaker 4: Oh you remember Cam the truck.
Speaker 10: Go.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, I don't believe them all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a glory review.
Speaker 4: That means there's more to the story.
Speaker 3: Why do you feel that way?
Speaker 6: What happened that night, because we've heard a little bit of the story from Cam.
Speaker 4: Oh and he said such nice things about you.
Speaker 9: About oh my god. No, let's just say I should have known at the taco truck red flag way too comfortable approaching me, Like what now?
Speaker 2: Wait? Wait, okay, too comfortable?
Speaker 4: What is the red flag?
Speaker 1: Because he said he you he was making fun of your dancing, remember your street dancing?
Speaker 9: Oh really? Oh god, just he just like, I don't know, like.
Speaker 5: He's gave me player vibes.
Speaker 6: All right, Well you mentioned that you said to him you thought he was a player, and he denied it multiple times.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he did many It.
Speaker 4: Didn't bother you enough to go home with him, so.
Speaker 9: Great he told you about that too, awesome.
Speaker 2: Great, Well you went over and spent the night.
Speaker 3: He didn't say anything, no details about it.
Speaker 6: But the one detail that he is totally missing is like, why haven't you spoken to him? Because he's trying to text you and you are not responding at all.
Speaker 9: Okay, So we've been drinking a lot and he kind of passed out like nothing actually happened. Okay, and my friends had told about this trick that they do to like check if a guy is saying who they say they.
Speaker 11: Are or whatever.
Speaker 9: I know it's really sneaky, But when he was passed out, I took a live shorto of his face with my phone and then, god, I can't believe I'm telling him. I kind of went over to his phone and like held it over and it.
Speaker 4: Opened, opened his phone. Yeah, I get, it's.
Speaker 3: Probably just play candy crush on it.
Speaker 9: Right, dude, I wish that's all I found.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, that's kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a smart move. I'm sorry. I would hate it to happen to me, but that is brilliant.
Speaker 3: Violent What did you find on his phone?
Speaker 9: Okay, the whole I'm not a player, I'm not talking another girl, blah blah blah. Within like ten seconds, I could see that was a complete lie.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, everybody would lie about that, Like what are you gonna say, I'm actually.
Speaker 4: Talking to ten other women right now, like come home.
Speaker 9: With me, like so many, so many texts, Like it was ridiculous, and I'm thinking, like how many times does he like met these girls and taco trucks? Like is this this thing? Is you hang out of the tackle truck is.
Speaker 4: Back and it HAPs with him right there. So why do you care?
Speaker 1: I mean, you went home like a one night stand, Like it's just like, what do you expect?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I didn't think it was going to be a one night stand. I didn't know it was good. I was hoping for a relationship. We seem to click. I just know I had a feeling.
Speaker 4: I mean, I could think he thinks you're a player. You go home with a random guy for the taco truck to break in.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 4: I do believe that he really really likes you, and that maybe maybe he will be a reformed.
Speaker 3: Player, like you know, twenty other women all at the same time about hers. That is true.
Speaker 6: But I am a little bit mad that he lied to us about texting other women.
Speaker 1: We didn't ask, We didn't have to.
Speaker 3: He just came out and said that are shows.
Speaker 4: He said that he wasn't talking to anybody else.
Speaker 6: That's what he said in the first part. But now I want to ask him again.
Speaker 1: Cam Kim, You've got a jilted man on the phone named Jeffrey.
Speaker 7: This is a real violation of privacy.
Speaker 8: Oh not a.
Speaker 2: Good first thing to say.
Speaker 3: You just say no, by the way, true.
Speaker 6: But also by the way, Ashley, Cam has been listening to this conversation the entire time. Another lie that he didn't come forward with. I'm just saying, Jeff, it's the truth. He didn't mention anything. So Cam, go ahead talk to Ashley there and trying to defend yourself.
Speaker 7: I guess. I mean, that's not cool to look for my song.
Speaker 9: Okay, so you're telling me over and over again you're not a player. Not only are you a player, but now you're a liar.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, I just think you need to You can't just dig like that. That's not cool. You should give me a chance to, you know, get to know you myself, to lie.
Speaker 9: To me some more like are you kidding me?
Speaker 10: Who are these girls?
Speaker 7: Chloe?
Speaker 4: Will we the other going on?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, the pictures from I think her name was April.
Speaker 6: Maybe they were not girls that you're dating. Maybe they were family members. Oh my god, Brook talks like that to her family members.
Speaker 4: You know that is not.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to help.
Speaker 6: Maybe there's an explanation that Cam is not jumping in and offering up.
Speaker 1: Think Cam need to explain why he was lying, because obviously you were you got caught like one lie.
Speaker 7: Well, honestly, I'm more curious about the little phone hack game, Like, what the hell was that all about?
Speaker 4: That is kind of like cia press level that.
Speaker 9: I mean, I had an instinct and I followed it.
Speaker 10: I just knew.
Speaker 9: I knew you were lying, and I had to prove it before I left, so I didn't do something stupid like.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I think it's interesting that you use the word instinct there, Ashley, because say what you will about violation of privacy, and you're crossing boundaries. Bottom line is, you don't go through somebody else's phone unless you really care about them. Something deep inside of your heart told you you need to steal this man's face and lead his text messages to make sure he's the right guy for you. I would follow that instinct all the way that Chili's.
Speaker 3: For a real date that we pay for.
Speaker 6: Wow, we owe it to your heart, to your instincts to see this through.
Speaker 2: And that's a food.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling that that was not going to work on Ashley.
Speaker 3: I want to know that instinct came from somewhere.
Speaker 9: That instinct came from me, not want to be fooled again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I said, Chili's did you hear me? Those baby back ribs.
Speaker 6: Are worth It's they're not even sponsoring us.
Speaker 3: And I'm throwing that out there like it's the true.
Speaker 9: Love pushing him. It's not happening. So just I don't know what you're doing with this phone call. Just forget it, like to lose my number.
Speaker 1: Man, that's pretty clear there, Cam.
Speaker 4: He messed up.
Speaker 7: Dude, fin'd been deleted that picture of my face?
Speaker 10: Oh I already did.
Speaker 9: Don't worry about that.
Speaker 4: I thought for sure she would have printed it out and framed it.
Speaker 6: Just post that picture right on the side of the taco truck for the next girl that he games down.
Speaker 9: That's not a bad idea.
Speaker 7: Look, I'm only there Thursday through Saturday. It's not that big a can.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Did we just unlock a dangerous new life hack for couples too?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you that's why I don't have my face idea on my phone.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, got any number? You know?
Speaker 6: Michael opening up your phone finding that Silver Singles account that you've been hiding out there reading all the smut you right on there.
Speaker 2: It uses that much money's in her bank account. It's like a fourteen digit coh.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying all guys should be scared. We should be scared too. Yeah, because if.
Speaker 6: You missed it, Ashley took a live photo of her date's face and used it to unlock his phone when he wasn't there and read his incriminating text.
Speaker 4: Is that illegal?
Speaker 1: Like, I'm being serious, Like, are you allowed to do that?
Speaker 2: I think only maybe you post something with them knowing. Maybe it's illegal. I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's just crazy that people can do that.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's smart, it's smart, and it shows you care. I'm going to to that.
Speaker 6: But if anybody has actually tried this before and it works, text into seven eight, five nine two.
Speaker 4: And confirm text it on whose phone? Though.
Speaker 6: It is gonna be crazy, But we can always try and help you with your dating life.
Speaker 3: If you want some help, email the show.
Speaker 6: We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second day podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 9: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Indeed, you need to have a strategy because some guys will just rely on natural charisma and charm.
Speaker 2: It doesn't work okay in your kiss? Yeah sorry.
Speaker 6: Others will lean more on money and letting their bank statement fall out at some point. Oh did you drop your napkin? Here's the receipt for my checking account.
Speaker 3: It's really really big. You can soak up all that, dijon.
Speaker 4: Why do I picture your receipt like you?
Speaker 3: Get it right?
Speaker 6: But one of our listeners doesn't rely on any of those things.
Speaker 3: He's got something else.
Speaker 6: That he keeps right in his pocket to guarantee things go just right. Even let her hold it.
Speaker 3: And she almost took it home with her that night.
Speaker 6: You're gonna find out what it is when we do your second date update.
Speaker 3: Right after this second date update.
Speaker 6: You know, ninety seven percent of my ex spurt dating knowledge comes from watching old Ryan Reynolds movies.
Speaker 4: Explains a lot, and.
Speaker 6: In the holiday classic Just Friends, Ryan Reynolds makes it very very clear if you want to make things happen with a woman, never ever schedule a day date, because it's all one way ticket to the friend zone.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's wrong.
Speaker 6: See smart stuff comes out of those films, and one of our listeners, Nash, clearly has not seen that movie because apparently he did a date in broad daylight, So let's talk to himsh I'm gonna just ask the obvious question, why do you hate Ryan Reynolds?
Speaker 10: I Reynolds, don't take his advice.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding around with you.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: Tell us about the girl that you went out with. What's her name?
Speaker 10: Her name is Ember?
Speaker 4: You guys meet on an app?
Speaker 8: Yep, we met it on an app and we had a few things in common, and I, yeah, I.
Speaker 10: Asked her out relatively quickly.
Speaker 4: Oh you did?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it made you want to do a daytime date with Ember?
Speaker 10: Well, now see that was her idea, usually going on at night.
Speaker 2: But why should you suggest it? You can't say no, it has to be a night date.
Speaker 6: You absolutely can say no and be like I deserve better than That's.
Speaker 4: What you're doing too.
Speaker 1: I also can see, like, if you haven't talked a lot online, like, there's not a lot.
Speaker 4: Of trust there, so daytime date feels probably safe to waste a Saturday night on a guy or that. Yeah, what did you guys do?
Speaker 8: So we actually met at a cool little diner and you know, we had lunch there and she was super friendly and cute and everything was going great. And then when we actually when we're going to the diner, I did something and she kind of made a comment on it. So there's like this big crack in the doorway, and so I kind of like did a little hop, skip and a jump to get over the crack.
Speaker 3: Oh you didn't touch on the floor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh, because of like superstition.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I low key do the same.
Speaker 2: Ill, bro, don't worry.
Speaker 10: Give me the ck?
Speaker 6: Were you hopping on just one foot style?
Speaker 10: No, I kind of just gave a little, nice, one little skip.
Speaker 3: It was an athletic manly describe it.
Speaker 8: But that actually sparked a conversation where it wasn't just kind of the awkward interview phase of the date. So I actually had my lucky coin I have that was in my pocket. So I pulled that out and showed it to her.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you're you're pretty deep into the superstition stuff.
Speaker 10: No, I wouldn't say that. Like, I have my lucky coin. I think it's just good luck.
Speaker 8: I've had it forever. It's just kind of like a novelty two edit coin and.
Speaker 3: It's two headed. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I bet you won't kiss me by the end of this date.
Speaker 6: Heads.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I wish I would have thought of that.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought you were going.
Speaker 3: What did you do? What did you say?
Speaker 10: Well, I didn't say too much.
Speaker 8: But what she told me is she said maybe we should leave it as a tip so she doesn't have to see the click again.
Speaker 2: She's like, can you burn a coin?
Speaker 4: Was she laughing?
Speaker 8: But she said that, yeah, of course we're both joking and laughing about it, Like okay.
Speaker 4: And what was a highlight for you?
Speaker 10: You know, it was just a lot of fun.
Speaker 8: Like I wouldn't say there was one thing that made the date great, but we just pretty much laughed.
Speaker 10: The whole time and it was a good time.
Speaker 8: Like it wasn't like one of those awkward first dates at least that's how I felt. So so yeah, it was just overall, yeah, goodbbe.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: Yet Ryan Reynolds would have looked at this date and shook his head like, no, in the friend zone, Bud.
Speaker 8: Actually, I would be lucky to be in the friend zone right now because I've been trying to contact her and she's not even messaged me back right now.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so you're in the no zone is what you are?
Speaker 3: That's pretty hot. Why would she not be talking to you at all. I mean, how did that date end?
Speaker 7: The date end?
Speaker 10: I just pretty much walked into a car and said goodbye.
Speaker 8: But one thing that happened was I, like I said, I gave her the coin, you know, so she could.
Speaker 10: Have good luck. Yeah, cute. Well see, that's the thing is. I didn't give it to her to keep.
Speaker 8: I was just like, you know, like how I said, we were joking about it, and so she at the quarter and then I didn't even think about it when I was saying goodbye.
Speaker 10: And then about an hour later.
Speaker 8: I messaged her and said, oh, sorry, I forgot about my coin. I have to give that back to me on our next date, you know.
Speaker 6: And smooth, Yeah, it kind of feels like also a little cheap, ye, like I want my quarterback.
Speaker 4: Please get another two headed?
Speaker 3: There's no value, it's two headed. Well still, I mean that's not good look to ask for change?
Speaker 4: Wait what did she did? She not respond to that?
Speaker 8: She responded, but it took a really long time, like I think it was like the next day or so actually, and she was like, can I mail it to you?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh, the stamp probably costs more than the coin.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 3: What did you say to that?
Speaker 10: So then I think it was like two days later.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, like I brought her coin to the diner and left it with some guy named Hale Oh in.
Speaker 10: The Lucky quarter.
Speaker 4: It doesn't sound very lucky or.
Speaker 2: She's spreading the luck out into the world.
Speaker 6: Maybe while she had the lucky coin, she meant another amazing.
Speaker 3: Guy and it works for her. So now she's done with the luck.
Speaker 10: Oh no, I hope not.
Speaker 6: Okay, but I mean, did you get your coin back from the guy at the diner?
Speaker 4: The real question?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I got the coin back, But okay, it's just really weird because obviously she doesn't want to see me, and she went out of her.
Speaker 10: Way to you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she still completely avoided me, and I thought we had a great first date.
Speaker 7: So Jeff, we.
Speaker 2: Should call her opposing as a coin collection agency really make her feel bad.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's one option was.
Speaker 2: Worth a million dollars.
Speaker 6: I do think you should get your lucky coin out though right now. For this, Robert, let's kiss it, tucking underneath whatever part it needs to be tucked.
Speaker 7: One.
Speaker 6: We need all the luck we can get when we call her and try and get your second date update.
Speaker 3: Right after this.
Speaker 7: I appreciate it all right.
Speaker 3: Hold on second date update.
Speaker 6: We've been poking fun at our listener Nash, who says he's not that superstitious, but he did jump over a crack on the floor before his date started and carries around a lucky two headed quarter.
Speaker 4: So why you're playing get lucky?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 6: Brooke did the math, good job she figured it out, but that two headed quarter did become a focal point of their entire lunch.
Speaker 3: So even let her hold on to it for a little bit of luck.
Speaker 6: You know, he forgot that she had it, didn't even get it back till days later when she left it with an employee at the diner where they ate.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's why she's not calling him back though, Well, she thought it was a gift because I thought he was gifting it to her too, And then when he asked for it back, she's like, that's rude. Y, Yeah, I thought he was just being slick.
Speaker 6: Now did you make it clear to her that you were just letting her borrow it or how did that go?
Speaker 10: Oh? For sure?
Speaker 8: Like I told her like how long I've had the coin and stuff, like, there's no way she could have thought like I was giving at least I hope not like I say that. But as I'm sitting here thinking about it, maybe that could be it.
Speaker 2: Maybe you weren't clear.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe it could come down to a simple misunderstanding. But if we're going to get you another date here, Jose, I need you to reach over real quick and rub Brooks lucky rabbit's foot.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, it's like a real rabbits foot though, like most rabbits feed.
Speaker 3: Is that a rabbit's foot? Oh wait a minute, let's just move on. Ok Okay, forget it. Let's just call Amber.
Speaker 10: Okay, I think so much. Guys, good luck with her.
Speaker 2: Good luck to you, mister luck.
Speaker 3: Okay, we don't want to spread the luck to you.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hey, is this Ember? Yes, you don't have to be afraid of us. We're nice people. Mostly we're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Uh, okay, sorry, I don't know. I don't know the show.
Speaker 6: That's fine, But you know somebody who's a friend of the show that you went on a date with recently named Nash.
Speaker 3: Sorry, have something in there for a second.
Speaker 11: I don't even want to think about that date.
Speaker 4: Really, No, it was that bad?
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, yeah, no, look, that's okay.
Speaker 6: The reason that we're calling you is because we're doing something called a second date update, and we're trying to help out Nash, who's really confused about why you guys aren't meeting up for a second time.
Speaker 1: I mean, I could see he sounds like kind of a nervous guy. Maybe he was just really nervous on your date.
Speaker 11: It wasn't like during the day.
Speaker 5: It was really like the situation happened at the end, and I honestly like, I don't think he wants me to say it.
Speaker 6: Okay, No, he stepped on the crack and his mom's like, really sick. No, No, well you should nomember. The way that these things work is our listener agrees ahead of time that they're willing to hear whatever it is the other person is going to say about them, even if it's really embarrassing or awkward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he listens to the show. He knows that people can be brutally honest, so he's prepared totally.
Speaker 11: I mean, I don't even like, you know what he told you?
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, quick rundown of it is you guys met online, you ended up going out for a lunch date. There was some superstition talk involving cracks on the floor and a coin that he has that's really lucky, that's two headed.
Speaker 4: He said, you guys laughed a lot during.
Speaker 5: The date, like I mean, like I said, it wasn't during the day.
Speaker 10: It would like be.
Speaker 11: But since you guys like already brought up.
Speaker 6: The coin, there was some confusion that you took the coin with.
Speaker 11: You and okay, so he hugged me, good vibe.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I went to my car and.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh, I still have the coin, like it meant so much to him, Like I felt like I had to get it back to him immediately.
Speaker 1: As Okay, so you knew that it wasn't a gift, no, like I knew it meant something to him.
Speaker 11: He kept talking.
Speaker 1: About it, Okay, okay, okay, So that was an accident.
Speaker 7: Of course.
Speaker 5: But like I get out of the car and I see he's up ahead of me, but he wasn't in his car yet, so I was trying to like get to him before he got in his car. I get to the backside window and as I'm about to tap it, I see him and his pants are down.
Speaker 11: Oh like all the way down, whoa wow?
Speaker 3: Are you wait? Are you sure?
Speaker 11: I'm positive?
Speaker 5: At that point, I was like, Okay, I need to get the heck out of here.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it, got it.
Speaker 5: But I feel like I avoided like the biggest creep in the world. So like that's why I left the point at a diner and like I don't I don't know what he was doing.
Speaker 11: I don't want to know.
Speaker 10: Okay, I know.
Speaker 6: We had not heard this part of the story. I don't think Nash even knew you were there.
Speaker 2: He knew, or he would have said, oh, by the way, you come pants down in my car.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that makes it better or not, Like, but I don't know what the reason could be.
Speaker 3: What's the first reason that comes to your hand?
Speaker 4: I can't say that one out loud.
Speaker 1: But the second reason is I've changed pants in the car before, because like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he wasn't like moving that much.
Speaker 11: That's the thing.
Speaker 4: That's a good side. That's a good car. You go quick on your pants.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 6: There's two sides to every story here, and this is your side. Ember. We probably get Nash's version of the story because he is on the other line.
Speaker 3: Right now and wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 11: Are you joking?
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, No, he's there. I think.
Speaker 6: I remembers are you clothed from the waist down or.
Speaker 4: The top up? Like either one?
Speaker 10: I just want to say, she's right. I didn't know that she was.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 6: Okay, do you Nash? We're waiting for your explanation of what happened?
Speaker 2: Good time to say something.
Speaker 3: Like the awkward cough says that.
Speaker 11: You don't even have an excuse.
Speaker 6: Wait all right, Nash, you're gonna have to use your boys here. Okay, just put away whatever you're you're playing with.
Speaker 10: No, I don't know Amber. Would you believe me if I told you that?
Speaker 8: You know, I thought I had my coin on me and I you know, I started looking through my pants to find it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, in his pocket.
Speaker 1: You took your pants completely off to find a coin?
Speaker 4: Is that what you're going with?
Speaker 8: Dude?
Speaker 10: Well? What else am I supposed to say? I don't I honestly don't know what I'm supposed to say here right now?
Speaker 3: I mean that's yeah, you're not supposed to say anything. Just tell us the truth. Did you really think you lost your coin?
Speaker 10: YEP? I thought I lost my coin.
Speaker 4: Why did you not wait till you got home or something immediately?
Speaker 10: Bro, it was a good first date.
Speaker 6: Maybe it's another superstition thing where you take your pants off after a good first day to guarantees a second.
Speaker 3: Is that what happened next?
Speaker 4: It was midday?
Speaker 8: No, actually I remember, I remember what it was that I had some chili fries at the diner on our during our day and night.
Speaker 10: I think I totally get now, but now it's coming back to me.
Speaker 8: Maybe I had some Uh, I think I had some chili in my pants.
Speaker 10: I think.
Speaker 11: This guy is so creepy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you know her an apology and I hope you know, maybe a lesson here.
Speaker 10: Yeah, em, I'm so sorry. I said I didn't know you were there.
Speaker 8: And I get the awkwardness of it for sure, and and I do appreciate you making sure at least I got my coinback and stuff like that.
Speaker 11: So yeah, you're very very welcome for the car.
Speaker 10: I'm not trying to be creepy or anything like, oh you are.
Speaker 5: But the thing is, you don't have to try, Like you're just very creepy. You have no remorse, like you don't even care that, Like you were literally good with your pants down.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, can I ask you this if if you didn't remember you had the coin and you didn't come back to the car, would we have gone on a second date.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 6: He might not seem super remorseful, like you said, but I think that's just because it's a super awkward situation for everybody and he he is probably really embarrassed.
Speaker 3: So would you be maybe willing to start over?
Speaker 8: No, I don't think.
Speaker 4: You can recover from that. Man. You can't be doing that daylight in your car.
Speaker 3: We have no proof of what he did or didn't do.
Speaker 11: He literally admitted to it.
Speaker 3: He admitted to chili fries on his pants.
Speaker 6: If you're that gullible, it was his fourth story, and I believe his fourth story.
Speaker 3: Fourth time is always the truth. That's what they.
Speaker 2: Say, superstitious. You got to say the fourth story is the true story.
Speaker 6: I guess I'm just gonna give up trying. Man, I'm sorry, dude, you don't.
Speaker 10: Want to go.
Speaker 1: From one guy who doesn't like to wear pants to another guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, just to be cool, you and I can hang out diner, all right, some chili, Yeah, we'll some chili.
Speaker 3: We'll go to the car and.
Speaker 10: You guys thought I was the creepy one.
Speaker 6: I don't know, trying to bond with you, all right.
Speaker 4: Can Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: The second date update was a great reminder to one get your windows tinted on your car much and two when you ride into us, you need to remember you're about to hear stuff that might be a little embarrassing or weird, So you need to be prepared for that. And what's less than zero percent prepared for what we found out when we had Nash here the real reason he wasn't getting a call back.
Speaker 4: How did you not put on that lesson like don't do that in your car?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean maybe go home.
Speaker 6: Nash clearly didn't know what to say, lots of awkward silence.
Speaker 4: I mean, what else do you say?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But the most important thing I think we can take away from this is follow us on Instagram, on.
Speaker 3: YouTube, TikTok all of it at Brook.
Speaker 4: And Jeffrey, Yes, glad, we're an audio show.
Speaker 6: Yes answer, and you'll learn all sorts of valuable life lessons that they definitely don't teach you in school.
Speaker 2: Yeah,