Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Daylight savings time should exist or it shouldn't exist.
Speaker 3: Of course it should exist.
Speaker 4: The rare good job by Congress like, oh, you're gonna wake up and it's gonna be pitched flax. So what I would so much rather it be dark early in the morning than dark early.
Speaker 3: In the evening.
Speaker 4: Welcome in episode two of What's Right with Nick Wright the podcast.
Speaker 3: The YouTube show. We would greatly appreciate if you would.
Speaker 4: Subscribe on YouTube and on your favorite podcast platform others iTunes, Spotify. We'll explain the show in just a moment, but a little podcast drama behind the scenes. Our very first episode, Episode one skyrocketed us somehow to number four on the iTunes podcast charts, behind three legendary podcasts, Pardon My Take, the Bill Simmons Podcast, and The Levotard Show, or you know what I should call it, The Stugotts Mike Ryan, Roy, Bellamy, Chris Cody with Dan Levittard writing their coat tails because.
Speaker 3: That's how I feel.
Speaker 4: Because instead of in being happy for us being right there, Levotard got a little scared of the competition, started sending out mean tweets memes of me, and then.
Speaker 3: It dawned on me. You know why he was scared.
Speaker 4: You know why he was upset because me and the young man you're about to meet in a moment have a chance to replace Dan and Poppy as the greatest father son duo in sports television, podcast, YouTube show history.
Speaker 3: But before we get to him or.
Speaker 4: What we're doing today, let's talk about what we're not doing today. Here's what is not on the show. No more Levatard, slander and I canna say his name anymore. Aaron judgment on the show, NCAA upset picking on the show, and oh my god, hold on, demanse is that true? Lebron James is not on today's show.
Speaker 3: I don't believe so, oh my, all right, look, Lebron not on the show.
Speaker 4: That's a huge upset. Here's how the show works. It's me against the producers. It's me against the clock. Clock's gonna pop up on your screen in just a moment if you're watching on YouTube. I have about ten minutes in its first segment. So we gotta get going, demanse, what is our first topic.
Speaker 3: Let's check in on the MVP race.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yo Kitchen and indeed went head to head this Monday. Yeah, Yo Kids nearly had another ship will double. What would Yo Kitchen have to do to get your fraudulent vote?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I don't have an NBA MVP vote.
Speaker 3: Now why do I not have an NBA MVP vote? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe because I have the courage to not fall victim to group think. Maybe because I not a limit. That's just like, well, it has to be Jokich or Embiid, Embiid or Yokic. Just like last year. If you don't vote for Nikola Jokic, you have a bias against the good.
Speaker 3: You're an idiot. No.
Speaker 4: Last year, I vote voted Yokic second. Now I send in my vote, my ballot top five, the NBA sends it back to me one day, they'll give me an actual vote. This year, I would right now have him fourth or fifth. I have embiid Giannis and Luca ahead of him. Now there is enough time where Jokic could get my MVP vote. Now it's going to be hard because at present they're the sixth seed. They are a game and a half out of the play in tournament. And we have seen this story before with a bad MVP decision. It was just five years ago the sixth seed in the West. One guy had the ball in his hands the whole game. He had unbelievable numbers, averages a triple double, and.
Speaker 3: He won the MVP. That was Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 4: This year, Jokic, he's not averaging a triple double, but he has unbelievable numbers for a team that's not winning that much, and they want to give him the MVP. So I'm not saying he's ineligible. But all MVPs, aside from Russ in my lifetime have been on winning teams, teams that have real championship aspirations. The Nuggets do not we already made this mistake last year and to double down and for Jokicic to be back to back MVPs.
Speaker 2: But wait, hold on, hold on, while would Jokics winning back to back MVPs make you so upset?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: So that's a good question, And it's because folks can act like history doesn't matter in this award. They can act like, no, it's this individual season in a vacuum. But that is simply not true because not that long ago, by the way, Steve Nash won back to back MVPs and the next year, the third year of his run, by any metric, was his best year, and did he win? No, why didn't he win? Because voters are like, come on, three straight MVPs. That's only Bird, Wilt and Russell who have done that. We're not putting Nash on that list. So I don't think it's unfair to say, Demanse, there have been a dozen guys and back to back MVPs. And in fact, you know what, I'm gonna pull up, Bill Simmons, turn the cameras on, even though the cameras are already on.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's put.
Speaker 4: This out on social because I think I can do this in order the back to back MVPs count. See if I get to twelve demons, do it, and we'll do it in reverse order, and then you'll see why Jokic joining this list would be such a problem. So Jannis did it, Steph did it before, Steph Lebrond did before him, Steve Nash did it. Remember that before him was Tim Duncan, Before him was Michael Jordan. Before that was Magic, then Larry, then Moses. People forget that Kareem, Wilt and Russell.
Speaker 3: Is that twelve twelve exactly? Okay?
Speaker 4: So think about those twelve guys. It's eleven of the fifteen greatest players in the.
Speaker 3: History of the sport and Steve Nash. If you add Nikolajokic to that list.
Speaker 4: I'm just curious if they all got together, I under if they all got together and they were hanging out in a room, does Jokic get to hang out with Kareem, Michael Lebron and Magic or's he over in the other corner with Steve Nash, Like, yeah, I don't know how we got I got in here either.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: By the way, did you know you probably won't believe me on this. Did you know I can name every MVP in order from Jokic last year until at least nineteen eighty and maybe since the first MVP was ever given out?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I mean I wouldn't put it past.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: In fact, you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna try to do it from memory, every MVP through at least nineteen eighty, maybe through the first MVP ever given which I think was nineteen fifty nine. For the seventies, it gets a little confusing. Oh my god, look at the clock. We got less than sick. Why did you let me keep going? Okay, what are we doing now?
Speaker 3: What's next?
Speaker 2: So some Baker Mayfield drama? Yeah, the Browns are considering a Watson trade.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Baker responded with a super emo Twitter post. It looks like things are headed toward divorce. What do you making this situation?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 4: I think this is a good lesson for anyone out there that because let me let me back up with this. I don't blame Baker for being pissed. I don't blame Baker for saying, you've got to be kidding me. I did everything you guys have asked for me aside from play better, and I understand that's a big part of it. And you are now considering not only moving on for me, but moving on for me for a guy who a few days ago was finding out whether or not a grand jury was gonna charge him with some horrific crimes like that. So this whole represent the city, represent the franchise, right, throw that out the window. But this is so I'd be pissed if I were Baker too, I'd be like, you gotta.
Speaker 3: We just were the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 4: We just won a playoff game a year ago, and you're moving on for me. But here is the other lesson, and it's actually two lessons. There are a couple what I call what are you calling? What are the things on the bumper sticker?
Speaker 3: You couldn't think of? Bumper stickers were called?
Speaker 4: You could to help me out there, pal, Jeez, Luis, I didn't give you a lot of the pointers, but I was. I was trying to, yeah, do a little there, a little bumper sticker wisdom. One is bet on yourself. Yeah that sounds great, So you bet on yourself and lose. And the other one and this is what the old school football guys would tell you rub some dirt on it.
Speaker 3: Play through injury.
Speaker 4: Ronnie Lot chopped the tip of his pinky off to play and play every okay, Baker Mayfield. Last year, through six weeks, the Browns were three and three. The three losses were high. I think thirty three to twenty nine to the Chiefs, no shame in that, forty seven forty two to the Chargers, a crazy game. You can't blame maker for that. And then a loss to the Cardinals. So three losses against three good teams. He had a passer rating of nearly one hundred in the mid high nineties two to one touchdown interception ratio.
Speaker 3: What happened in week six?
Speaker 4: He got his labroom torn and instead of having surgery, missed one week like I'm gonna play and the rest of the you he was terrible. The Browns were terrible, and now they're shipping him out or they by the time you hear this, they might have already shipped him out.
Speaker 3: And certainly it's on the board. Man. He bet on himself. He played through injury.
Speaker 4: And everyone applauded him for it cost him tens of millions of dollars and maybe now he has to move cities. So I don't blame Baker for being pissed. I get the Browns wanting to upgrade, but I think this is I don't think he's.
Speaker 3: Been handled right by any parties. All Right, what's next?
Speaker 2: So the Warriors are looking terrifying again, I know, and Steph is looking like an MVP. Right is they got Draymond back? Okay, forget this year's title. Do you think do you think Steph could be considered as one of the all time greats if he needs Draymond Green this badly?
Speaker 4: Oh that's an interesting angle. I thought we were gonna talk about this year's title. So listen, we're gonna do as part of this What's Right show, we're gonna do the fifty grades players last fifty years. And obviously Steph's not only on the list, very high on the list. To me, he is without question one of the greatest players ever.
Speaker 3: But he is.
Speaker 4: But what you're saying about the need for Draymond because Steph is having the worst shooting year of his career, including his rookie season, the worst years this year, and then the day they get Draymond back, he drops forty seven and it was more than that Draymond. He was on the court with Draymond for fifteen minutes that game. He scored forty one in the fifteen minutes he was on with Draymond. He scored six in the twenty some minutes when Draymond won on the court.
Speaker 3: So, yes, because of Steph's.
Speaker 4: Size, having Draymond out there as another ball handler, as another distributor, and as a guy who can help him out defensively helps him immensely. However, he's clearly unequivocally this is me defending Steph Curry.
Speaker 3: One of the greatest players we've ever seen, and we.
Speaker 4: Did see without question him be the best player on a championship team. The only other little guy to do that's Isaiah Thomas, the original, real Isaiah Thomas. So he's without question one of the all time greats. But then we get back to when we were talking about.
Speaker 3: The back to back MVPs, the fifteen.
Speaker 4: Greatest players ever. When you measure him up against those guys, Okay.
Speaker 3: That's my older daughter tell me you gotta be quick. I'll be quick here.
Speaker 4: When you measure him against those guys, then you start to factor in the Okay, how much. Does you know how much was he a system unto himself? How much was he in the right system? All those things? Because a guy who has fewer rings, fewer MVPs, but is a better all time player than Steph Curry, different position obviously, a king, so a Keeme only really played for the Rockets, but a Teme, it didn't matter. It was around him, he was going to be successful. And I mean he won. He won a title before Drexler got there, with no other All Stars on the team. So that's where he's still an all time great. But we're talking about top ten all time. This type of thing probably cost Steph that still clearly firmly in the top twenty all time. Okay, we're gonna go a little overtime because I see caps on the string and we only have twenty seconds left corner of the clock. I'm over two through two shows of actually listening to the clock. Demanse, what's the last topic.
Speaker 2: We saw Cap throws some passes to Tyler Lockett this week? Yeah, Tyler Lockett's his cap is ready. Do you think he ever gets the shot to play football game?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: And demons, you know this.
Speaker 4: I I'm as big of a CAP supporter and fan as anybody. There's been what probably a half dozen times since we've moved to New York where we've had a package delivered to the house and I opened I was like, Oh, it's from CAP. Yeah, the he and I I haven't Now, I want to be clear on this. I haven't talked to him in the last year. I haven't seen him. No, well, I I haven't talked to him in the last nine months at least, and I haven't seen him in person a couple of years. But I have been a fervent, embihement supporter of his. And with that I say, I don't even think he thinks he's getting back in the league. The story with Colin Kaepernick is not that teams still won't give him a shot. The story with Colin Kaepernick is the blackballing was successful, and the NFL can put into racism on their helmets and Roger Goodell can say, you know about how he wishes it had gone a different way, and I believe him that he wishes this had gone a different way, but it didn't. And the point of blackballing a guy is to make sure he never plays again. And even if the league now was in a different place. Even if you had if I bought a team, okay, say or I was the GM of a team, I don't know that I would bring Cap in because it's been five years. Like they the you know, the powers that be won now Cap won the argument. Cap is obviously on the right side of history on this, but at this point, when I see him work out, I think it's more for show and for a reminder of what was stolen from him, Because there was a time shortly after the blackballing started where he clearly was good enough to be a starter, and then there was a time a couple of years after the black balling started where he clearly was good enough to be a backup to be on a roster. But now five years outside of football, I've been doing my TV show for five years, I've never covered one Cap football game. That's how long he's been gone. The last time he played man we lived in Houston. Think about how long ago that was. You were a junior in high school the last time Cap was playing football.
Speaker 3: A long time.
Speaker 4: And so at this point, I don't think teams not bringing him in means he's still blackball I think at this point teams not bringing him in means the blackballing was unfortunately and tragically successful.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true store about Anthony Robless, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Knavalli. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 4: Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright Podcast and YouTube show. I went long in the first segment, as I have done each of our first two episodes. We'll try to do better for episode three. So we got to get right to it. Demons and I are going to play a game. It's a new game.
Speaker 3: Everything's new. The whole damn show's new. It's called this or that. What's first up the most or that?
Speaker 2: Who is more offended by your latest player rankings between Tatum and Kyrie.
Speaker 4: Oh so that's interesting, and these are also two of your favorite guys. You're a Celtics fan, you love Jason Tatum. You also we were watching the other night Kyrie's sixty point game and you're just in awe. Now we're going to full disclosure. Demonse and I were not like, oh god, Nets Magic about to start clear the calendars. But once we saw Kyrie had thirty early in the second quarter, like, maybe should turn that thing on one side. Before I even answer the question, sidebar Bad job by Steve Nash. Steve Nash Kevin Wilds made this point on the TV show this morning. Except right, Steve Nash been running players into the ground, laying him forty four, forty five, forty six minutes his whole tenure coaching the Nets. Kyrie has a chance to score seventy or eighty, and he takes him out early in the fourth because he gets sixty.
Speaker 3: Bad job.
Speaker 4: But this is a response to I said with my buddy Colin Cowherd that I thought Jason Tatum was the eighteenth best player in the sport.
Speaker 3: He's like, all right, list the seventeen ahead of them.
Speaker 4: So I did, and I'm not gonna do it now, but it's it's nine guys everyone agrees with. And then there's some argument, who would you have Tatum or Donovan Mitchell Tatum or Jammeran Tatum or Devin Booker Tatum or Paul George, Like it's in that gray area. But the reason I said that was because everyone's like, oh, Jason TAM's top ten guy, Like, no, he's not. He might be one day, but he's not yet a top ten guy. And then we were looking at that list, Demonse and I were and you were like, hold on, so you have Tatum ranked too low, but you also have him ahead of Kyrie, which means I had Kyrie outside of the top eighteen. And then he goes and drops sixty, so nobody can doubt Kyrie's talent. But and so in all, I answered the question in a moment, But I think this would if I said, let me ask you this, Demansey, do you think there's been any point in Kyrie's career, at any point he's been a top ten player?
Speaker 3: I do, yes, And you do you think most people agree with you?
Speaker 4: Yes? I think if I if I came on this show and I said, Kyrie's never been a top ten player. Would people think of that as a hot take? No, like a hot take like I'm being outrageous. Oh yes, they would think I'm being insedive. Okay, So here's what's interesting about that. You guys don't me for not having MVP votes, not having any awards.
Speaker 3: Vote.
Speaker 4: Every year at the end of the year, we vote, well, the people who have votes, not me, on who the top ten players are. It's called first team and second team All NBA. Would it surprise you to find out Kyrie Irving has once in his career been second Team All NBA and that's it. No first teams won second team? Would this surprise you? How many Top five MVP finishes is Kyrie zero? How many Top ten MVP finishes it's Kyrie zero? How many Top twenty MVP finishes is Kyrie zero? Because he's never received a single MVP vote? I say all that's say this, nobody doubts his talent. But if because of injury or absence or vaccination or whatever, if at the end of every single year you play, there's a vote on who's a top ten guy and you never make it, then I guess you're not top ten guy. So I say, I say this, Jason Tatums should probably be more offended. Jason Tames rebul like, Hey, Nick, I'm better than Donovan Mitchell. All right, God, I am bad at the clock thing that was supposed to be a ninety seconds each those three and a half minutes.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go way faster. All right, what's next, let's do it?
Speaker 2: What happens first Ben Simmons plays basketball again? Or we start talking about baseball?
Speaker 3: Well, that really is a question.
Speaker 4: Will Ben Simmons play basketball again before the baseball playoffs start? So I'm gonna say Ben Simmons plays basketball again.
Speaker 3: Spoiler alert for the show.
Speaker 4: I can't what would have to happen for baseball to crack the show before late September, And, by the.
Speaker 3: Way, late September's football season, baseball might never crack the show. Okay, what's next?
Speaker 2: What's funnier Randy Gregory flipping on Dallas or the Giants quarterback situation.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's definitely the Giants quarterback situation. The Randy Gregory thing is only funny if people don't know Randy Gregory had a deal in place with the Cowboys and then they inserted language that didn't say if you get to we can voiger guarantees. They said, if you get fined, we can void your guarantees, which is real tricky these days, because guys get fined for bad hits on a quarterback. You get fined for socks being the wrong color. So Randy Gregory said, I'm not signing that. You got to take that language out. They wouldn't, so we signed the exact same contract without the language with the Broncos. Kind of sucks for my chiefs, by the way, Broncos keep adding pieces. But the Randy Gregory thing in and of itself wasn't that funny. It was only funny because it allows us to bring back you have. This happened before you were born. Once upon a time, after Lebron's first or second year with the Calves, Carlos Boozer was playing for the Calves. I think he was second round pick, so he was making no money and he had played really well, and the Calves had the option to just you know, basically pick up the next year of his rookie deal, pay him like no money, or they could decline it and pay him a bunch more money. But once you decline it he didn't theoretically can sign with anybody. So they the agent goes to the owner of the calves and Carlos Boozer denies this, but this is the legend and I believe it to be true. And they're like, listen, we want you your long term. We'll decline the option. The owner of the calves at the time happened to be a blind gentleman, and that kind of added to the story, so they they could have just had him for like a million bucks. Instead, they're like, okay, well, we'll decline your options, sign you long term. Carlos Boozer left to go play for the Jazz Wow just and everyone's like, oh my god, Carlos Boozer stabbed a blind man in the back. I remember reading those blog posts. Yeah, that's what everybody said. So this was not that. The funnier situation is that the New York Giants are gonna roll out there.
Speaker 1: Seriously though, hurry up.
Speaker 3: Okay, doora, that's my daughter. Quit it.
Speaker 4: That they're gonna run out there Daniel Jones as their starting quarterback with a Tyrod Taylor sweetener. That's the funnier thing. The Giants have been an absolute debacle. It's amazing what's happened to the last decade. But their quarterback situations aren't worse than the league. All right, Oh, it's okay. What's what's next?
Speaker 3: What are we doing?
Speaker 2: Reveal one of these your final four or your favorite DM about the show launch.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's easy. I'm gonna I'm gonna tweak it a bit.
Speaker 4: It's not my favorite DM, it's my favorite text.
Speaker 3: And this is a sweet moment and then a hilarious moment.
Speaker 4: So my favorite text came from your aunt, my sister Joanna.
Speaker 3: She watched it and was so excited and happy and thought.
Speaker 4: You did great. It really warmed my heart. Here's why that's unique. So my sister, who I love and adore. You know, I have very small family, and she's my only sibling, my sister. The reason that was my favorite was because it meant she watched something that I had created.
Speaker 3: Because this is a true story.
Speaker 4: She was the last holiday we were together, the last time we were together, our families were together. My wife Danielle was showing my sister some picture of one of our daughters in the house, and this thing right here was in the background. This thing has been in my house since the start of the pandemic. I've been doing. This is the background right here for the TV show. And my sister says to my wife, what is that blue thing in your living room?
Speaker 3: And I'm just sitting back there. I'm like, oh, glad you.
Speaker 4: Watched the TV show on every day in the last two years, it's been right there.
Speaker 3: You haven't called one segment.
Speaker 4: There hasn't been one take that you were like, oh, let's see, Oh, there was the.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl last night. Let's see what my brother might say about it. Nope, didn't even know. Yeah, it's great. So point is so the fact.
Speaker 4: That she watched our first episode is more testament to you than to me.
Speaker 3: But that was my favorite one. All right, what's next?
Speaker 2: Daylight savings time should exist or it shouldn't exist.
Speaker 3: Of course it should exist. The rare good job by Congress.
Speaker 4: And then because everybody has to have a countertake things, they're like, actually, we tried this in the seventies and everybody hated it.
Speaker 3: Well, let's threw them.
Speaker 4: They're like, oh, you're gonna wake up and it's gonna be pitch black. So what I would so much rather it be dark early than dark. I'm sorry, it'd be dark early in the morning than dark early in the evening.
Speaker 3: Of course, there's two.
Speaker 4: First of all, it's depressing when the sun goes down early. I don't mind waking up to it being dark or sad.
Speaker 3: When you have to get up anyway. And the other thing is, and here's the people that don't think about these takes. If you have, if you have kids, I'm gonna especially for me someone who has, you know, teenage daughter.
Speaker 4: I don't love her coming home you know, from the subway or whatever when it's dark out. And that means that come December, it's like, when do I gotta be home?
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Four forty five, like that's when the sun goes down. Of course, daylight saving the time should exist, just like this should exist.
Speaker 3: I'm taking that. You think we're done, We're not done.
Speaker 4: Who is more impressed with themselves, Karl, Anthony Towns or my sidekick son Demons Bird.
Speaker 3: I think we have some video to show you, guys.
Speaker 4: Let's see it take over responsibility to put this team on your back in that frame thirty two in the third quarter. Dang all right, Oh that's pretty good. What's now? What is the evidence of Demonse. Do we have video evidence of Demande being the charges? Is this the tom Brady's also bad? Yeah, that's that's the part of one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but do you think this is the official end of any chief status? Okay, you're being hazy, you're being haz if people are listening and not watching.
Speaker 4: That was more of a YouTube moment, Demanse. So let me take you behind the scenes here on what happened Demonse. That's his first show, first time, you know, officially on camera that clip there, and he's he thought he made a big error momentarily of leaving out the Tom Brady info there, and then he caught himself and fixed it, and then he thought he was off camera, but little do you know, you're never off camera. Buddy's always rolling camers while was running, and he did like a silent double fist.
Speaker 3: Yes, nailed it.
Speaker 4: Nobody will see that, and nobody would have noticed except you let everybody notice.
Speaker 3: So my answer there is actually Carl.
Speaker 4: Anthony Towns is still the one more impressed themselves because he really I think he knew he had thirty two in the third and he was just really trying to lean into it, like wow, thirty two in the third and Carl Anthony Towns was actually impressed with himself for an accomplishment as opposed to being somewhat happy he avoided a massive screw up. But by the way, I don't know if you know, there was already one moment during today's show when we were off air that I'm certain they were rolling on and I assume we'll be used against.
Speaker 3: You on as in the future.
Speaker 4: You gotta listen, man, you protect yourself at all times, like Floyd Mayweather said, protect yourself at all times. We'll be right back, welcome back. In one last segment, What's right with Nick Right? Podcast YouTube show? All right, we don't have a lot of time left. I feel like we've covered all the sports for the day demands.
Speaker 3: What's our last topic? All right? Just go ahead and get your stupid QR man out of the way. Please. Oh the QR codes, Thank you.
Speaker 4: I've been trying to get this in for rehearsal shows, for all these shows. All right, So I sit out a tweet when I was out of the country saying QR codes as menus as menu replacement is one of those things that is supposed to make your life better, and it is just immeasurably and in every way made things worse.
Speaker 3: And I stand by.
Speaker 4: People are like, oh, Nick, you've never worked in the service industry.
Speaker 3: You don't know what.
Speaker 4: I don't know what what a pain in the ASCID is to be like, hey, here's your menu, Like, oh, I owe Nick, but we like to update them daily.
Speaker 3: No you don't, Nick, I wasn't. That is correct.
Speaker 4: I was never a waiter. But let me tell you something, waiters, I'm saving your jobs because QR codes as menus or the Canarian the coal mine to you guys being replaced, because what's after QR codes's menus is you go from the QR code.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, I think I might want the SIMP. Did I did?
Speaker 4: I just order it with my finger? Oh my gosh, I did. That's coming. So I'm saving your jobs. Just like another advancement that made things worse was the self checkout line. It's like, oh, this is nice. I just have a quart of milk. I don't want to wait in this line to just go whoop.
Speaker 3: Oh that's kind of fun.
Speaker 4: I get to use a little scanner like I want to do as a kid, tap to pay and I'm out of here. All of a sudden, you go to a Whole Foods lately, there's three people actually checking people out, and there's sixty of us doing that job. It's like, I gotta look up avocado. You got six types of avocado? How am I supposed to know?
Speaker 3: I gotta weigh this. Now.
Speaker 4: It's good if you like to steal, I understand that, But that can't be the real reason. That's the other thing these companies know. They know you're stealing from the self checkout. They're doing it anyway because it's like, well, it's still cheaper for us than actually, you know, employing people. But back to the men uses, QR codes, you got it. There's so many problems with it. First of all, if you don't have Wi Fi in your place, I might not even to get the menu. Second of all, now I'm on my phone already. I'm on my phone. Now, all of a sudden, I see a bad tweet from Demonse. I'm respond to that. I'm not engaging with the people around me. QR Coach's menus add no benefit whatsoever. They're awful, they're a job killer, they're irritating, they're bad for social Mora's such as, put your damn phone away and let's have a conversation with people, get rid of them.
Speaker 3: I feel a lot better. That's the show. We might have a little bonus segment of me listening with times that, oh, you know what, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Call Dior down here and make her listen to me list to these MVPs.
Speaker 3: She does that again. That's the show. Be back with episode three soon.