Speaker 1: Lady and gentlemen, it is a very very special day. In that day is because you see me and I'm not on the bus right now, which is absolutely fantastic for all of us to my right as Will Compton. But before we get into this episode, we have to talk about the best vehicle to.
Speaker 2: Ever be put on the road.
Speaker 1: When rubber touched gravel, God went yes, and that has to do with the Chevy Silverado, the most durable, reliable vehicle on the road. Silverado is as strong and dependable as the people who drive them. Chevy Silverado modern and advance with a ton of grit, a partner and getting things done, especially when it comes to the heart and soul to pickup truck the bed. With Silverado, you get the most functional bed of any competitor, best in class, standard cargo volume. The inner gate folds to a large step for easily getting in and out of the bed. Available industry first power up and downstail date availability, industry first power, industry first available, industry first power up down tailgate or the available multiplex tail gate we've been telling you about with six convenient configurations. All of this makes the bed of the Silverado work harder and smarter Silverado. It is strong, advanced, dependable, and hard working, just like the people that drive them. Listen, I I'm not a reader right when it comes to books.
Speaker 2: You did pretty good.
Speaker 1: When it comes to books, I like the pictures instead.
Speaker 2: Of the words. You did say it early too. You said if I can read it once, I can read it.
Speaker 1: I can read it. And that one was a little different than the one that had up there. But I was a little nervous. And the reason why I'm a little nervous is I'm a little out.
Speaker 2: We're in it. We're in a different environment or in a different environment.
Speaker 1: I feel you can tell us Duke Cannon too, that's definitely Duke Cannon, Dude, that's definitely due.
Speaker 2: Can tell us Where are we, Willie? Where are we right now?
Speaker 3: At barcel 'SQ in New York? The boys like I listen. I know we've been with the boys. I know we've been with Barsol for a couple of years now. But the fact that we're doing an intro and an ad read in the office and in these four walls, I feel like.
Speaker 1: We've made it a little. Oh, We've absolutely made it. We have made it like no other and It's like listen and nothing changed but the change. You know, the boys are still just being the boys out here. That's life and here we are. Big big episode for you guys this week. A little cross pollination for coming for you guys. Chris Long flew in he was going to the draft. This guy took took a PJ in massive flex. The only thing that's a bigger flex. This is outstanding jaw line that you know, the boys just a little disappointed on happening. He can literally give me ten percent of that jawn line and be totally fine. He give me thirty percent of that jaw line. The man takes a PJ. Where does he live?
Speaker 2: Virginia? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What they that was from the hip man takes a PJ from Virginia. Instead of going straight to Las Vegas for the NFL Draft, he makes a stop in Nashville, Tennessee, comes to our humble shed, gets on our humble bus boys to see the boys and to have an absolute outstanding conversation. And we had a bit of a podcast. We had a bit of a podcast and we had.
Speaker 3: A first That's what I'm saying, will come losing our virginity together to all the listeners out there.
Speaker 2: We're losing our virginity together.
Speaker 1: This is it.
Speaker 3: I Uh, Chris Long was boy enough to roll up a little jay oh my, and we shared a.
Speaker 2: Little bit because I didn't we as a Chris Long and I you know what I'm saying. We shared a little bit of camaraderie before we hit the bus. Chris.
Speaker 3: He continued to do it throughout the entire episode, The boy knowing myself where I can go when I get in a nice little car wreck. Yeah, I had to like pump the brakes. I was, you know, doing that's happening. People were nervous for you, people being me, and I was a little nervous too. I'm like, I can't believe I'm doing this. I'm kind of just going straight from the like you said, straight from the hip with Chris Long, and Uh, it was interesting. But I think it went smooth, bro, because you can be in your own head.
Speaker 2: Oh there's no qu you can sit there and you're overthinking.
Speaker 3: You're like, yeah, I'm really doing this on the podcast, Like I'm doing this on the bus right and.
Speaker 2: People are watching it.
Speaker 1: People are gonna view this, and it's gonna be me being high for the rest of my life in front of people anytime they want to see it on YouTube right or an audio right.
Speaker 3: And Chris, like Chris asked you, You're like, yeah, I'll do it, yeah exactly, because he's like a bigger brother to you. And it was my first time meeting him when we first started, Yes, and he was a boy like he treated you guys like you as were long time friends.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he has been internet friends for a while. And when it came into a physical connection, the fusion was humble. All I could do is step back and watch.
Speaker 2: Did we hit it off? Bro? And I think it went solid. Like I was in my head a couple of times, a little bit, Yeah, what were you about? What do you think your head about?
Speaker 1: Because I, you know, knowing you know what special athlete I've never spoked to me in my life, but the things I've read about it, I know you can get in your head sometimes and then you see people looking at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that being my first time, it was one of those things where he's talking to you and I'm staring at him because you know, I'm knowing the boys known to like listen, and so I'm sitting there listening.
Speaker 1: But not only listening but digest, right, Yeah, And.
Speaker 3: He's sitting there talking, telling the stories. And when he'd look at me and stare at me longer than I was anticipating, I'm thinking to myself, does he know that I'm high?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 3: Like you guys smoke together, right right, But but I'm thinking to myself, does he know that I'm high? And I'm just staring at him high because I'm actually listening to him, but he might not know that I'm listening to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And then I would start laughing, like in the pod, JP, I think you can. I don't know if you've went through the.
Speaker 2: Pod yet, but like I feel like I start laughing in the middle of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a couple of times you do, go JP. Yeah, But then he kept telling the story. Hey, then he kept telling the story, and you're kind of like, oh, I gotta tie nub. Nobody thinks this is funny.
Speaker 2: No, you were straight. That's the thing. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: All the books, all the literature I've read about marijuana is saying the same thing you're saying right now. There are points sometimes there's times when it's just like Let's say it was you and your really close friend and you're sitting at somebody's house watching a movie. There's no reason to feel insecure about anything because you guys are just living. But you put yourself in a vulnerable, situational whole world, right, the whole world. Eighty million viewers, eighty million viewers looking at you, watching will how is he gonna act? They're watching you pick up that left handed cigarette and put it in your mouth, take a puff. There was a lot of parents from the sixties that are shunning you right then and there. You put that thing down. Your life has changed forever. You're now the bad boy of this bus, the edgy Yeah, and you think, oh, he ain't that bad. He's wearing new balances, he's wearing the white Nike boys. But really, you bad boy, I get a tattooed. Oh shit, imagine if you got a tattoo, I know you started driving a Harley Grets no regirts, dude, you'd be absolutely killing it out there.
Speaker 2: I think you did phenomenal, and I think, based.
Speaker 1: On what I've read, if I were to be in that situation, I don't think I done half as good as you.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe one day. We'll find out one day when we're waiting, you know, and we're just.
Speaker 1: Trying based on my religion, I can't, but maybe we're trying.
Speaker 2: To get a little excitement in our lives, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when if things are dying down for us, when we just buy something correct, we'll leave the gamesuit for another day and we'll just jump on.
Speaker 3: And one other thing that made it nervous too, nerve wrecking was like there's there was no like dry run about it. Like he came on, he asked, he was running late. Like I'm thinking to myself, Taylor needed to be out at a certain time because your boy. I needed to be home for a certain time for my wife to go do her thing so I can watch the baby, And thinking of all of this stuff. It kind of just happens when you did this.
Speaker 1: Did you think everyone's like, oh, he talked about the baby, did you Yeah? He was like trying, you're trying to calm the crowd. I know I had to watch the baby. Everyone calmed down, I know, I know. Honestly, it was unbelievable. I think you did a fantastic job. You were in your back. Please listen we're gonna jump to the show right now. Being in HQ, we're not going to do our usual shout out no free shot out of the week.
Speaker 2: That'll come. You guys have already listened to it on Tuesday's episode with Mike Chandler.
Speaker 1: See that's where I should have known that when we were saying, well you to me, don't worry about That's what I just said. That's all right, And here I am the ping a fucking idiot. Will I'm just kidding Here in the HQ, we're gonna get a lot of stuff done. You guy are obviously falling along with us. It's gonna be unbelievable. Enjoy the show. Subscribe there it is and rate five stars. I don't care if you're on Instagram or Twitter or any Facebook. Go there, follow that, and then make sure you go to YouTube, your Apple podcasts, your Spotify, or wherever you find for your listening pleasures, wherever you want to go, get your ears a couple of orgasms.
Speaker 2: You want to go, subscribe to that. Please.
Speaker 1: Seventy percent of our audience does not subscribe to Bust with the Boys. We love that there's new people coming in every single day, but once you join on. Why don't you link up to our red neck yacht club have a little fun with us for the rest of life.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Because we're on a journey and we don't know where we're going, but as long as we're going together, I think we're gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the show. You know, Sooked, you're here. You're finally on bust with the boys. This is a big deal. That's how we boys. We drinking aqua fina for Is this a sponsor?
Speaker 1: First off? Bleep out that No for shoutouts. No, that's just I think the cheapest water we bought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna bring the hydrated got them costco to Liquid Death. That's why they obviously sponsor you. They're not that great, they don't. And I feel like I'm famous now because I'm on this pot. There we go.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm famous now because I'm on this podcast. Already kicked a small bus. I would love a.
Speaker 2: Sponsorship with Liquid Death, and I'm not too proud to ask for it. So the water boy, Yeah, yeah, fucking hydrated king.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, like people like Tom Segura, he thinks he's like a hydrated king. Your guy you you hung out with Bert recently and that was awesome, right, you were talking about.
Speaker 2: It was incredible. Burt was the man dude, he was really good.
Speaker 4: Thinks he's a hydrated king. He's not the hydrated king. We're the hydrated kings. We're actually athletes.
Speaker 2: What makes what qualifies you to be a hydrated king? Well, I have a water charity. Sure, yeah, and I know that and of discussion. Right, good one too. Climb mount a little Manjaro. You're gonna do it one day? Yeah, I have a feeling one day I'll do it. Yeah, that'd be great. Buys that tough climb. I have no clue. Like camel back in Scott's Stale, Like, what's the deal.
Speaker 3: It's like it's many little grind to a little bit grounds little camel back.
Speaker 2: It's like many camelbacks, like it was just stacked on top of night. Oh, it's a camp thing. It's like it's like a summer camp. Yah, summer camp.
Speaker 1: And when I first met my wife, we went to California and there was like this hill that everyone went and hiked and she's like, you want to hit a.
Speaker 2: Hike on my pro athlete never been in a hip before. I'm gonna kill this.
Speaker 1: Her and my buddy were, no joke, half a mile ahead of me at one point. I'm fucking dying and the inclines like that. It's not very big at all. I was getting murdered.
Speaker 2: Well, you're carrying a backpack.
Speaker 1: No, I was carrying my I was carrying my pride and that was pretty heavy at.
Speaker 2: That point pounds. It's like to those people, you're carrying multiple backpacks. Yeah, that's true. You're at a disadvantage, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So honestly, this hike is really cool and anybody listening is conquering killy and you can check out water Boys and doing the charity plug right off the bat. But it is interesting and I'd love to have you guys one year. Seriously. Like big Cat committed, I.
Speaker 2: Am, but he didn't do it well. The problem is I didn't give him a ship to do either, though, to be honest, we didn't give a lot of shit to do. It was not very good with responsibility. No, we were doing podcasts football beautiful face that we're playing dude or.
Speaker 1: Playing Oh Jude, I'm outstanding. I don't know if I was standing but my efforts fucking crazy. Yeah, like that's like if you yeah, go ahead, When I was, well, go ahead with the analogy.
Speaker 2: I don't know the boys, I don't know what I've heard you make comments about your piece before. Yeah, it's not the best. I mean, here's the deal. My like my penis. All jokes aside my penis.
Speaker 3: Six minutes and thirty eight seconds that we're talking about Tyler's dad.
Speaker 1: I like to think we're right on par with our podcast. This is the trajector usually goes up. My penis is not big by any means, is it. I don't look at it. I go, yeah, you know I don't. Yeah, but I will say that it's super approachable. It's very handsome. It doesn't have like a misshapen thing at the tip. It stays nice and pink and then gets a little darker towards the end.
Speaker 3: And it just kind of I'm saying, I didn't want to feel like handsome has a little bit of like, no, he stands up straight, you know what. I'm saying that you're gonna stay handsome the way you're describing, I'm thinking he's adorable, he's cute, he's approachable.
Speaker 2: Most high school be handsome. Yeah, most huggable in life. No, I agree with that.
Speaker 1: With Tom Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio.
Speaker 2: People say Ham and Vince Vaughn are handsome, They're.
Speaker 1: No, they're not really that handsome. Great personalities which makes them more handsome. Their personalize make them pretty like that. Nobody says Tom Cruise is so handsome. I think people do see before they find about scientology or it's all about platform shoes.
Speaker 2: Dude, that's what I'm saying. Everybody looks like, you know, hands and stuff. Here's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I've never pulled my pants down with a woman involved, and sure, go ooh, they've always done. Wow, that's really nice to see. It's like it's like a dinner date. It's something you marry. My penis is not like that.
Speaker 2: What are you You take a moment with every hold on.
Speaker 4: It's because if the football coach knows you're going to and fourteen, it'll tell you that in camp.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: I'm not I'm arguing you're like I'm saying like you're saying. I'm not saying they're not embarrassing, but I don't think them not laughing, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like you're saying I don't want Yeah, what I'm wondering is do you take a moment with every hi just to like pull down your pants?
Speaker 2: And I didn't the lights.
Speaker 3: I didn't lights every sing Oh wow that that looks that looks awesome, dude, It's.
Speaker 2: Like, yep, where are we at in this moment? No, you don't do that.
Speaker 1: We got a good kissing, touched the neck a little bit, rub the boobies.
Speaker 2: Dodde change four? Do you rub?
Speaker 1: And I fucking say, are you ready? How do you like changing radio?
Speaker 2: Baby? Come on baby? Rip at four play? I dim the lights real nice.
Speaker 1: I light a candle and I always have lavender, and I go, are you readying to go for what?
Speaker 2: I go for this? To go to sas or something? No, No, I don't want any for me. I'm gonna run. I'm gonna rub the lavender on the bottom of your feet. We're gonna single, by the way, my wife now it's like you want.
Speaker 3: To do.
Speaker 2: Get after each other on our fingers. Yeah, I fucking pull my pants and I say, what do you think? So four play?
Speaker 4: That's yeah, if you're if you if you're proud of doing that, which everybody should be.
Speaker 1: That's like, yeah, but when I brought up four play, you kind of were.
Speaker 2: Like four plays. If you know, if you lead with your life with the four doesn't do around. Everything's good. You want me to do what you want me to go down there, you don't get a jaw like that and not be decent. Four play. That's a lot of warm set. When you lead with the four play, you're like a You're like a receiver that can't run, and you're like, I'm really good in traffic or like I'm a good route runner. First, you know what I'm mean. You know, you can create a little bit of separation Larry Fitzgerald. But yeah, well might you might be Larry Fitzgerald. Oh I am, you might be Hall of Fame because dude, here's the skill set. Here's what I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Like when I have sex, let me just say you, when I have sex, nothing else in the world matters.
Speaker 2: Wait back, this is the in the day, this is life right now, oh right now? Taking all that. Okay, I'm sitting.
Speaker 1: There like, hey, when when can I When can I fucking dive down? Get me a snorkel, get me a turkey sandwich. I'm fucking going in there for a while. You won't see me, but you'll know I'm there. That type of mentality.
Speaker 2: Dog. He sounds like a high mooder guy thettle co I'm a little confident. I'm a poor guy, had a lot of effort. I'm a team player. Come down there. I'm talking the boys up and how we're doing. I didn't like what PM p f T did. Do you that was some bullship On the next tail he goes did.
Speaker 4: And you talk about Tom Cruise and all these people on the beach. When you see like a beautiful actress or a handsome actor and you see their beach picture, how does that look?
Speaker 2: Not great?
Speaker 3: Right? Like if you google in the blank on the beach, I really want to know, like.
Speaker 2: Google Dwayn Johnson on the beach. Well, I can tell you this about.
Speaker 4: Dwayne Johnson is a guy that's enormous. He's big on the beach too. Yeah, he looks still at the beaches.
Speaker 2: We're here.
Speaker 4: Well, did it's not fair because he did a lifeguarding movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, bay watch every movie. That movie looky slapped though, I'm honest, Yeah, I thought it was good.
Speaker 2: What a top five beach movie of all time? No, off the top of my head right away. No, absolutely not. Point Break is up there.
Speaker 1: There's a movie but a penguin surfing that I think is probably better than that surfs up That's a fucking great movie.
Speaker 2: Dude's scene and saving Private Ryan maybe, so maybe that counts.
Speaker 4: Movie The Beach with Leonardo DiCaprio, which is I think underrated.
Speaker 2: But when we put in Jaws, Jaws is up there, that.
Speaker 1: Was probably number one. Jos is gonna be a dude, but Jaws, well, funk, who's that Leo?
Speaker 2: Yeah, on an accident right there, like.
Speaker 4: Like no question Like my wife would leave me for Leonardo DiCaprio, no questions at But I like I might see them walking down the beach and be like, I'm not. I don't even feel threatened by that interect Yeah right, no problem.
Speaker 3: Look at his name shoulders zero peck zero anything else bro except that belly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, Like so that moment everyone loves Leo. You caught Will Compton on the beach, That's all it was.
Speaker 3: But I'm like that, I'm like more of a stout, like a stockey, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We talked about this all the time on the show. When you go to this place's website, you go to Duke Cannon's website, you go to their Instagram.
Speaker 2: You look at you this. There's no way this is.
Speaker 1: About shampoo or facial stuff or deodorants or any of that stuff. Hair styling. This is just a meme. This is a mean thing. It's just hilarious. Go follow Duke and all that. And if you don't want to, just follow them on social media's and you want to feel a little bit better about yourself when you get a cent, I would go and check them out and look at their thick body wash, their hair washed, hair styling, beer care.
Speaker 2: We've talked about all the time.
Speaker 1: Your boy tries his damnedest to get better beard, and I use the beard care. Hopefully it's gonna help a little more, but I don't think that's what it's for.
Speaker 2: Better.
Speaker 1: It does rights it up a little bit, and a little facial skincare. I know, the summers right around the corner, as Jackie told us, to make sure that you jump in, you know, take care of that face so you don't turn into a leathery mess a summer approaches. Go check out Duke Canon at any target or on Duke Canadon dot com. Use code busting for fifteen percent off your first order. It's gonna make you feel things you've never felt before on it right now. Yeah, the dealder room unreal, we'll describe and five stars with the boys?
Speaker 2: Please God, now do you want to explain? Then the Nie sleeve to me? Is that like that ironic? No? So what happened was what happened with the boy caught a little bit of inflammation in the niche I'm te happened, you know what? Not at your age? What are you looking about?
Speaker 4: As funny as the day you realize you're old in the NFL is the day you have to start controlling the swelling in your knee. And you didn't do anything to it, damn in the building, And like, man, damn dude, I have a knee problem, Like just for being old, didn't there's no loose body in there.
Speaker 2: I didn't do.
Speaker 1: Another thing that's fucked up about being old in the NFL is you're not old in life. So it's this weird mental funk you're getting the whole time.
Speaker 2: Year old and everybody else is like, dude, you're not fucking old.
Speaker 4: Like a retirement I truly believe a lot of why guys struggle is like you're like the only person experiencing what you're experiencing because you don't have to work. If you're lucky, you you're old as fuck compared to all your peers. They also have a ten year head start whatever industry they join, So I think guys like really struggle with the fact, like, who the fuck am I dude, Like, I think that's the part about being old in the NFL that really sucks.
Speaker 2: To your point, and it's a great point. Yeah, that's he's too high to talk retirement, WILLI. Yeah, I was just trying. He's high enough to be retired right now.
Speaker 3: That was a great point. I just looked at him, like, I don't know what you want me to follow with, dude. I wonder, by the way, I would pass the test, no problem right now. Yes, come on a drug test.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well they they they changed the gamma meters or whatever they are. Yeah, for guys that, like, you know, like it's just yes, guys have it good now. And I'm not hating you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's a very that's a very much like back in my day, starter, I know, And I said I'm not hating.
Speaker 2: You got to feel and I'm not hating a lot.
Speaker 4: Of the old guys don't do when they're like people get paid too much these days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you're proactive about using it in the NFL, right, not proactive, but like you spoke on.
Speaker 2: It right, well, I talked. I let it slip talking when people talk about what people talk about. Chris Loby, Oh that's a dude talks about smoking. No, that sucks, dude, I hate it.
Speaker 4: Bo Allen was at my golf tournament this weekend and his favorite joke is you hear Chris smokes weed, you know, like it's become like a thing, you know what I mean, And it's kind of fucking lame. I hate that Pink Whitney. I see Pink Whitney. Shout out to our boy.
Speaker 2: Shout out the Ryan Whitney Whitney. I'm busy. Those killers. They came on the podcast when you get Paul on here for real on the bus. I've not on the he's been on. I was in Arizona.
Speaker 1: Will came out. We did like a couple of Arizona pods. But like there's just a different vibe when you're on the bus instead of like a zoom Thingue Zoom sucks and anywhere other than being on the bus sucks, because this is what makes us us.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, It's like that full. It's the full fucking you guys feel like when you do a Zoom interview or you just like this.
Speaker 1: We talk about it all the time. Uh, feel free to talk whenever you want. Will, I just know that you can be there's literally when he says the last word, you're saying the first word. Okay, go ahead, you know you already started. I think when the most frustrating thing about a Zoom is like when Will and I sit here and let's say we don't have a guest, it's like, as outstanding as you are, where like you're gonna put some word count in and I got to ask a question, and then you're answering that question. While you're answering that question, me and Will, if we're on the bus, it's easy for us to figure out, Okay, this Will is.
Speaker 2: Gonna ask the next question. I'm gonna ask the next question.
Speaker 1: But if you're on Zoom, you're kind of like sitting there hoping, and then sometimes there's that long pause after you answer, and then one of it were both going at the same time. I was like, oh fuck, the uppers not gonna ask a questions. And then there's the other time where you right away both of us try to ask the question.
Speaker 2: It's just it's hard word. It's money. You know, you can't like dap the person up, give them a before you talk, you know, like you greet people feel comfortable. Yeah, yeah, like that's a real thing, you know.
Speaker 4: And yeah, like being on Zoom sucks, and like starting a podcast and the fucking pandemic. I feel like that's like getting drafted by the Lions, you know what I mean. Like shout out to aid and Hutchinson or the kid from Oregon.
Speaker 2: Yeah he I'm actually still gonna talk about that, but keep going.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, but I just think it's like a tough start, and so kudos to you guys and figuring out a way that you could do this. I think it's really sweet because like Nashville is like a cool place that cool people come through. You may not get like all Hollywood guests if you had like a Hollywood know what I mean, Like you might not get your like actors that come through Nashville all the time, but you can still get really dope people in get country stars, athletes all that stuff.
Speaker 2: It's a cool place to like visit.
Speaker 4: Like people coming here when I heard like yeah, like if you were in Ames, Iowa. Like, I'm not coming to the bus right, no offense. I don't know why I just took a shot at you. It's all right, it's just chilling.
Speaker 1: Just the headline of their news tomorrow, Chris long weed smoker, Chris long.
Speaker 2: Enjoy. Yeah, they're gonna be activists. They're gonna be doing voodoo to me, and they get it left wing activist. I don't get it. It's red state here Iowa. I'm not as political as you guys.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you will Willy is WILLI always puts it on me in the airport with my mask off, but he's every time he's got to put us on his ching so mad.
Speaker 2: He's a libtard. Mask is not.
Speaker 4: Politics to me, Like, it's just like some people are afraid. I'm gonna be as respectful as I can and keep it moving. Like I don't wear a mask like anymore. But yeah, I go in some stores and they're like mask up and then I'm just like, I'm gonna put it on, so like, let me take it out of my bar or let me run making people uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, except it's not that serious. Like if these people are taking that seriously, I mean they want me to have a mask on. Like, Yude, how prideful do you have to be? I would be like, no, fu, you're like your super you know that ship doesn't work running running people down in grocery stores. I'm like, dude, this is wow, incredible.
Speaker 4: Gone on your hip because you're like, you know, the small chance that you have to get in a shootout, but the person can.
Speaker 2: Little no chance, like of like Jesus Christ. So, yeah, you took us to politics, bro, I don't think I did. I didn't. Did you did? Yeah? Yeah, because you brought up Iowa red state, Iowa smoke. That's all right. You're also tired from being a dad. Hey, dude, I want really, I'm not can you step into my my my my everybody has a kid. Dude. That was like, are just out of control? Matter?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 2: I'm like the baby. So I get do I get equity in this fucking in busting with.
Speaker 3: The boy, I'll be able to point to this is how we built this whole thing up. Hey, but how does it feel, dude, really being a dad good and bad? Like it's up and down right, it's the real as fuck like that, know, I mean that is like there's there's some dog moments right like to where she's not going to sleep, where you get the domino effect of you and your wife both being very tired, and you know in your mind like you like you said, everybody's experiencing their own thing. Like I'm going through my day, so I think about my stress she's going through her day, and then I'm like, damn, she has to stay at home all day, loser, completely completely change her identity in the trying to be a mother and staying at home all the time while I go out a couple of times and do like cool shit. Yeah, the worst is like hey, can I go to the bar right right? Or somebody's like there's none of that, Like it depends on how you ask.
Speaker 2: I feel like right, but.
Speaker 3: It's just it's like one of those things where it's it's awesome when you you're able to have all that perspective, and then it's tough, like when you have those domino days where you're both extremely tired and you're like, are you gonna go get the kid?
Speaker 2: Like I've been doing X, Y and Z type of thing. That's a great point, but so up and down, I'm not doing that. That's a great point.
Speaker 4: Thing I was with you, uh, honestly point honestly, like early on, I feel like you're useless as a dad dude, like and so I'm impressed that you're doing things, but like I just felt like I stood around a lot and try not to.
Speaker 2: Fuck up the process. Like the first yeah, I mean three months, so you wait till the fun part. Like everybody talks. Everybody talks about that.
Speaker 3: I was talking about somebody who's their kids just turned like six months or something like all it's like it's gets better.
Speaker 4: So tell me this, what do you guys think about this? What do you think about like people that fucking like we make content. At some point we're gonna look back at it and be like we were fucking lame and our kids well for sure, Yeah see I don't think that way.
Speaker 5: You don't think that way, Like truly in my mind, I'm like, yo, a stroll back on all these photos and like know who old man was like what.
Speaker 3: He didn't take shit too seriously, had a great time, was big in the moments, like I think it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be dope. I think if I was your kid, I think you were cool. I appreciate that, like to me, like you do with your dad. Yeah, I do, I do, no question.
Speaker 3: So it's one of those things, and you probably wish there were more archives of just even fun or lame stuff to where you can get my dad form.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, though, honestly, I wish they had, like my dad had a podcast, like you know what I mean, Like I know who my dad was like. But then you really learn more about your parents when you talk to their buddies. Yeah he's drunk even better. You get their buddies a little stoned because it's much stronger now, But you get a buddy of your dad's stone and let him just go and tell you the stories about your dad. That's how you get to know your dad. If he had played now, I feel like I get to know my dad a lot more like when he was twenty three. But they didn't have interviews. They just didn't like follow people around with cameras. There weren't cell phones, like yeah, so, I mean, our kids are gonna know us really fucking well, no doubt.
Speaker 1: But I feel like when your dad playing that, like what a time to get away with ship? Yeah, no question, I'm saying, what a fucking.
Speaker 2: Time to be out there? He was on there or whatever?
Speaker 4: Bro like the Oakland Raiders, Like there were no fucking you know when you watched any given Sunday and Lawrence Taylor's on the roof with the chainsaw, Yeah, I remember being like, that's not we don't do that, like it's listening.
Speaker 2: But maybe they did in the eighties. Maybe Lyle Alzado like, oh yeah, I mean, the shit's fucking insane. Yeah, I'm sure he was. It was a wild man and partly was seventy seven.
Speaker 4: I think the way my dad put it was like there was a point in time where I think Lyle was very confident that he could beat up anybody on the planet, and like I wasn't so sure either.
Speaker 2: Didn't he do an exhibition against Muhammad or something like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got it, just even if it's not true, Like he had that attitude and he was big and he was strong, and he had assistance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, but he's a fucking and he was like, just he's the perfect example of like if a dude like that played now, yeah, it'd be like Johnny Manziel and steroids. Not to take any shot at Johnny Manziel, I'm just saying, like john he partied a lot and it was exposed because the time he lived in.
Speaker 2: And I think the reason I respect Johnny though, is because he owns it.
Speaker 1: He does he was he came on here and he really owned it. He talked about he won't change a thing, which I don't know how much I would agree with that, like would you really not change anything?
Speaker 2: But he owned it. He was apologetic.
Speaker 1: He felt bad for the like the Browns franchises, like yeah, I've kind of I fucked them over. Yeah, and he like the way he has handled this business line. Bro's whole fucking right, there's a slew. The Browns had a tough all over exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That's why I think people are hard on Baker, but he didn't. I think their situations are different, Baker and Johnny.
Speaker 4: But I just think like, like, he's gonna end up being one of the most hated Browns quarterbacks, but of all that Jersey, he's probably the like one of the best in twenty years. He probably is the best in twenty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm not saying Listen, Joe Thomas played for ten years and had twelve different quarterbacks, and I'm not putting him on a pedestal.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying he's like an elite quarterback or anything. But nobody hated Baker until he didn't play well. I don't think Baker the person. I've never heard of Baker the person being a bad guy until he started. The thing about the NFL. You can be whoever you want until you play poorly. When you play poorly, people stop laughing at your jokes, right, stop laughing.
Speaker 2: Those progressive commercials, He's on all of them. In the locker room, you know that's tough, and you you've been through it, You've been hurt, like you know, you went through your ship. It's fucking tough.
Speaker 1: It's tough, especially when you walk in that locker room and you look around and you're like, I wonder if these guys even respect me anymore.
Speaker 2: It's through those type of situations.
Speaker 1: It's fucking hard because especially if you're up here at one point in your career and then you get knocked down like my situation, and then you're playing that next year and you're kind of looking around like damn, like you feel like you just kind of lost respect from and.
Speaker 2: Like any there's just the only thing that really matters, like anything else. You're probably projecting.
Speaker 4: So in your head, but like that's the game that they play in the NFL, Like they don't even need to put pressure on you to come back. The biggest pressure on you to come back is the guys I passed in the hallway. Yeah, like going to practice and I got fucking grays on and I'm walking to the I remember, like their ability was not an issue for me. Played in you know, playing one hundred games in a row, not a problem, never missed a practice, nothing got rolled up on, holding up Phil Loadholt week one of twenty fourteen. I was a captain. Next thing, you know, I'm walking through the halls wondering if people even liked me. Bro It's a weird fucking thing, dude, A weird deal, and it happens to the best players in the league. Like, yeah, so I think you know talking about Baker whoever, It's just like it's a total what have you done?
Speaker 2: For me lately league and you know, playing hurts probably not a good idea either. And the Tours was his full rotator cuff, right, yeah, and labor to get all this respect. Well, so here's where there it might might be a thing.
Speaker 1: It's like it's honorable Baker when Baker like tours laboram you think the players would respect that, you know, eventually the coaches are you know, if you're gonn play, you're gona play better play. Well, there's a standard. But I feel like if if you tore your labor and you're playing, you might not be playing here, Like damn it. The boys really doing it though, Like he's giving it all, he's not bitching now, I'm just sitting out just kind of cool.
Speaker 4: Well that's what I would say, I guess, yeah, you know, like people forget like by week By the eighth week you're back in people are like, oh, he's good now, but like you're not.
Speaker 2: That injury doesn't go away the rest of the year.
Speaker 3: So I do think, like, you know, people forget once the farther, like you're saying, like week eight, like even the next year, people don't even remember that you're playing hurt.
Speaker 2: You're just judged not at all, and your stats and everything else.
Speaker 3: Receiver organization talk about I only had X amount of catches blah blah blah, and not even remember the injury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, and and like the organization forgets like you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And you're like, man, if I fucking play hurt, they're gonna look out for me next year.
Speaker 2: No, no, they're not.
Speaker 3: Bro I told my PC it might have been it might have been one of the years you were on Philly. Yeah I can't remember, but I tore my PCO and I like, hey, big time shit talker when he was on Philly. I was you were who everyone on my Offen Toney when we played it was a year if you guys want the super Bowl, but go ahead, I will. We'll bookmark that year after right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I was just told, hey.
Speaker 4: Let we'll tell the story real quick. I was looking back to tell me the PCL story. I won't go here because I'm shocked by who's going first. But I changed.
Speaker 2: I'm like, not me, dude.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say to your point of like, they're gonna take care of you the next year, like it was sixteen. Let's just say it was sixteen. Ye I tore my PCL against Philly. Sure, and I'm back practicing on the ninth day from tearing my PC out with a huge, massive brace, you know, doing whatever I can off the field to get back as.
Speaker 2: Quickly as possible on the field.
Speaker 3: Did some stuff that I don't even ask questions on so I can get out there and play because we played on Monday.
Speaker 2: Did stuff you didn't ask questions on. Yeah, damn yeah, early check. What are we talking about here? Probably get my knee right.
Speaker 3: Because we played a Monday night game and the backup blew a couple of things, and you just feel like sitting on there, you still standing there on the sideline and everything else, and coach and be like, oh man, we need you out there.
Speaker 2: If we get you to just call the defense all this different stuff, right, Yeah, we just need you to do that.
Speaker 3: Right. But you're in your own head doing whatever it takes to get back on You think it's extremely honorable. All the everybody in the locker room, everybody in that moment talks about how you know, you're like a savage, You're a monster, Like I can't believe you're doing this.
Speaker 2: And I played like the last three games, and we missed that.
Speaker 3: Last week was when the New York Giants, they all flew to Miami to get on that boat, and then they came and beat.
Speaker 4: Us by like one pointer a couple of boat year the boat year, bro, And so we didn't get in the way. Players are drunk as fuck in their home city too.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yeah, yeah, okay, but that was we didn't play into the playoffs then. So I was going into my restricted free agent year and you're kind of thinking like they might take care of you with a second tender or contract extension because you've been a captain and a starter for the team. All of this stuff played played, when he plays, when he's hurt, all this stuff, he gets back on the field as quickly as possible.
Speaker 2: He sacrifices for the team. Bro. They don't give a fuck about that. They just use it against you because you are what your film is. It's a business.
Speaker 3: So you're out there limping around with one tackle in the last in the final two games of the year, I only had like one or two tackles, So I wanted to call the defense and be honorable.
Speaker 2: Like they used that lead either.
Speaker 4: From the back, so like right, you know, like when I came back from that injury in fourteen, I shouldn't have come back, And honestly, it changed my career forever.
Speaker 2: I got lucky. I wound up on top with everything.
Speaker 4: But I was lucky, Like I easily could have signed with the wrong team, and I've been bitter the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: But I played hurt.
Speaker 4: Part of it was because I loved my coach, Jeff Fisher, and I wanted to play for him too. I love Jeff Fisher, dude, and Jeff like didn't pressure me to play, like in fact, there was a game where I went to the front of the plane round the way to San Diego and I like could not walk, dude, But I just wanted to play like that, like insecurity drove you to play. Yeah, And I remember, like I tried to argue with Jeff at the front of the plane. He was like, you're not playing. So I appreciated him taking care of me. But but like they can only do so much to stop you from yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean. And then you put bad tape out there and that follows you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So I was just like, if if I had to give a young player advice, and I know everybody's situation.
Speaker 2: Is different, Like, don't do it unless unless it's a big situation, like you know, you had a job, have your money. Yeah, it always depends on where you're at in your career.
Speaker 1: When I rolled my ankle my rookie year and it was a two and fourteen year, it was like week twelve, you've been through one yeah yeah, oh yeah, well two, fourteen, three and thirteen in the first two years. And so, but I called my age. I'm like, yo, I got to play. He's like, how can you sell him? Like no, like this ship, I have a splinter or something, and I just like, dude, you you were a first round pick. I'm like, yeah, but I owe this team. And he's like, you guys aren't going to make the playoffs. You guys are probably gonna have the first or second pick in the draft, Like what are you doing Ben Simmons energy, And they had to.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, yeah, don't put that on me.
Speaker 1: But he had to like legit talk me into like you should not play, Like do not play. This is not smart for your career of business. Your first year He's like, it's your and then and it's your first year in the league, so you don't know, like you're still in college.
Speaker 4: Well, key, you're not that guy where you have a first round attitude. Like you know, sometimes I wish like I have more of a first round attitude where I would just like, you know, just boss people around, do.
Speaker 2: What I wanted to do. And now you really wish you were like had that a little bit, maybe I'd have protected myself better in certain situations, makes sense, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like, but the flip side of it is like not being that guy people fuck with you, and you know, like the one time it did pay off, I played with a high ankle my contract here we were too and fourteen, and I was shooting that thing up. Yeah you get and that was the best year I ever had. And so like the trade off of that is my ankle was probably never the same, but I will take the money. Yeah, they broke me off. So like mission accomplished. I'm sitting here looking at a house right now. I'm like, thanks to playing on a high ankle, you know, I exactly. So there are is a give and take. You got to a dance, you gotta you.
Speaker 1: Know, but it's all it's it also, like for players, it can't be a double edged short then I'm not saying which side of them on. I'm just saying, like, if you're gonna take the risk of doing the high ankle sprain and playing that way, then if you're forty forty to forty three years old and your ankle's fucked up, now, like you can't bitch at that because you like you made the choice too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well.
Speaker 5: Don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know all the details when it comes to people getting their money and that sort of thing. Yeah, that's all. It's all way different, right, well, way way way different.
Speaker 4: But I will say yeah, like me personally, I can only speak for myself, like I've never once looked back at my trainers and been like mad at them, you know, even when they were wrong about stuff, like because usually I was ready to do that I got you know, I was jumping out of the airplane, dude, like we were like, fuck it, let's do this. So you know, I think trainers in the NFL could do a better job of like stopping players from themselves, but that's not their best interest because they have pressure from up the exactly ready huge coaches.
Speaker 2: Don't understand you know know what's going on in players' bodies. They don't. They don't have time to care or educate themselves. And I get it. The disconnect is real in the NFL.
Speaker 4: It's almost like they need an arbitrator to decide when a player comes back, like something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's just that's just kind of the game, right because like when I was speaking about my thing earlier, right, like, there's like you're sitting there as a player, angry about it because your situation didn't work out.
Speaker 2: But if I look back and think about it, it's, yeah.
Speaker 3: If you're up there playing gmode and everything else, like you might love the guy, but you still got to separate the person on the business side of it and you got to see it for what it is.
Speaker 2: That's what he looks like in the film. That's true.
Speaker 3: But there's so many games being played. Like you said, with the trainer thing, you can they can definitely be better. And we all know trainers, like we all talk shit in the off season, right because we're like, oh, that's only a third party, that's why we outsourced and do all this. But if you think about it from the trainer's shoes, like they got to get the player out on the field as fast.
Speaker 2: As possible because the coach, their head coaches in there every morning.
Speaker 4: Kind of dude, everybody's just like it's like hoping you're playing musical chairs, like hopefully I get a chair, Like I don't want to be the one to fuck this thing up.
Speaker 1: Right, whether it's the player or it's also a massive lack. Yeah, like we talk about all the time on the bus. I do say an accountability like whether it's them, us whatever, but like it is kind of a finger pointing game when it comes to being hurt because the trainer is trying to save his ass and we don't have this issue at the Titans.
Speaker 2: Todd's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'shout to Reggie Scott and all my former trainers.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, it's good. It's just this is just how it works.
Speaker 1: I'm not coming at anybody oft the Titans because I think they're outstanding, but it is like a it can turn into that fuck in the office where everyone's doing well he and he well he and it's but not me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. We're all worried about We're worried about my building.
Speaker 4: Dude, there accountability and a football building is rare when people aren't looking to blame everybody else. And we've all done it in our careers and ship like you look elsewhere when ship, because especially you haven't through a two and fourteen year, a three and thirteen year. I think the first eight game or eight years in my career, I think I won like forty games or something. In Saint Louis, like we seven and nine, was like, damn, we might go to the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh world up boys.
Speaker 4: Being on those teams, dude, it's like it's like run for cover because, like you know, on those teams, firings are inevitable. You know, cuts are inevitable. You know that, Like you're not even sure if the owner cares sometimes like based on the signings. So everybody's just like their assholes are so tight. We used to call it like panic, like upstairs they're panicking. What's the panic meter today? After a loss?
Speaker 2: The whole thing.
Speaker 1: You can feel it in a football building. It as a player too, you can for sure feel it. And there's guys that have that vibe more than others. Yeah, Like I know dudes on our team who like low key have like a great pulse on what's going on in the building, and there's guys like me who is like, hey, I got to focus shit.
Speaker 4: But you know it's when coaches come in the meeting room and you all play good that you lost, and they're just motherfucking people so people can hear them in the hallway. Yeah, Like that's ship. That's the part of the business that I hate, you know what I mean, Like that everybody's out in their own self interest. Will just be real, dude, Like we played well on the loss. We'll try to win next time. Like they get paid to you played shitty in a win. Be real, don't coach off the the result. You know, right because about me ship talking, I should talk to you guys.
Speaker 2: No, you didn't should talk to me. But it was right because it was twenty seventeen, right when we played teen and we blew that game. We played terrible well. We we also didn't play very well.
Speaker 4: Well guy, you can imagine how bad we played. We jumped out like two touchdowns up on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we came back and one that thing was it overtime? It was the last drive over really well, I remember you because I.
Speaker 2: Don't think exactly is this your house on the squad.
Speaker 1: This was this minosaur Chris, and yeah, and you were playing strictly over the right title because I was going against you.
Speaker 2: Your rookie from the balls, Derek, Derek Barnett, Barnett and he and you and he were getting into it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing about Derek Barnett. I will say this for any Philly fans listening. I love that motherfucker and I would fight with him any day because he at least will fucking scrap you'll go.
Speaker 2: And you know, I think he's got to had a hard time up there, but you know he's like in your.
Speaker 1: Ship's a tough place, though, dude, Philly is a Philly is a place you look at like it literally looks like a war zone, like Liby or some ship like that where it's just like, oh my god, like people.
Speaker 6: Are just like I've been to Philadelphia, dude, bro, have you know I'm not talking about the city, I'm talking about you.
Speaker 2: I'm not with the fan base. Oh yeah, I got it's not going when she's not going right. That place is a dump and low key. I'm not a huge fan of Philly. It's a good city.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm all right, hey, why don't we do I should have said, Libya, why don't you come up there and hang with a couple. I'm gonna said that, Kelsey me no that we'll have a great weekend and obviously playoff.
Speaker 2: Willie's coming. Yeah, I'll be there, but let me let me be there. Hey, I gotta write this wrong. Let me let me land this planet. So Philidelphia for life.
Speaker 1: I think when you when you're at the stadium and you see like the fans will openly get mad at your own team, their own team. Oh yeah, and you're like, oh ship, Like it's just fucking a war zone out of here.
Speaker 2: That's what that's what you want? No, you do you do? But it's like the wild you know, Philly fan bases, the Philly fan base inside the stadium, women and drank pregnant thing. He's over it, dude.
Speaker 4: Like anyways, I just feel like Philly Philly fandom, Like that fan base is kind of like the metaphor I would have would be that player in your team that you're like, I fucking hated him when I didn't play with him, but he's the best teammate to have, dude, Like that's what a Philly fan is, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I know that.
Speaker 4: I was kind of agnostic on it because I wasn't in the NFC East, but I heard a lot of the talk. But man like that made my my football career playing there, dude, Like I'm not even blowing smoke. Like I love Saint Louis. We don't have a team there anymore. That's weird to like not have some place to go home to. So like I was kind of like NFL homeless. Really it is like Philly adopted me. New England didn't really, And I really fuck with those people. They're cool, but you're like you're another guy, you know, like in New England, like we were part of a machine.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, what have I done here that anybody else had? You're gonna be like taking be like okay, no, but.
Speaker 4: They respect you. They're cool and they're knowledgeable. But then Philly, like you know, basically we did something they've been waiting for for forever. So yeah, it's a special city. I love Philly.
Speaker 2: I think it's they're just they're crazy.
Speaker 3: Man, Like you love to have them out there on Sunday, but you probably hate to have them window exactly right, it's really all it is, right because they're so passionate and so fucking crazy. Like I always tell people that that was my favorite place to like go and play because they hate you so fucking much. Yeah, if you're winning, like this year you win the super Bowl, like that's the type of city you want to win for. But when you're losing, like, yeah, life is tough, they try to need that speech from Kelsey. He crushed it.
Speaker 2: He crushed itshed. The Chargers went on silent count at home. You know. That was the Chargers in that weird little in that small little deal like Philly fans like packed it. Bro oh, they ruled the NFC East.
Speaker 1: Lowki reminds me of like old school Big ten, like Auburn Alabama, like historical like super in it fans Arter Charter franchise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're fucking about it.
Speaker 1: They're about it because I remember when we went that to and fourteen season, Dallas played at our house and it was like, Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're silent, we're not gonna be able. We can't heard here and we were in Saint Louis brother like we did not sell you know you're from Yeah, Edward Jones Dome, shout out the Edward Jones, the.
Speaker 4: Weird lighting and listen for anybody out there listening, like I love that place.
Speaker 2: Complicated relationship because.
Speaker 1: Definitely covering your ass on all these people, they loved them the death are amazing and mean, but I love them to death.
Speaker 2: I didn't do that.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't do that in New England. If you didn't watch that, there's no shade. But you know, like Saint Louis spent eight years there. Yeah, awesome fans, but like we were one in fifteen, two and fourteen, so like the stadium was unpacked. Yeah, Steelers would come in, we go on silent count. Packers would come in, we go on silent count. Fucking you name it. I think the fucking Titans came in and I don't know about that now, not far really that's feeling, you know the same. Yeah, yeah, but also what years were that was that two thousand and nine to well, y'all played there one time and beat us with the guy from Washington, who I hear is a.
Speaker 2: Great kid guy from the quarterback, Jake Locker. He is great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was there my rookie year. He was outstandingly He's a great dude, great fucking dude. Loki loved the fact that he just like disappeared into the abyss.
Speaker 2: No, that's what that's just gone. Now do you ever feel like you wish you did that?
Speaker 4: Like, well, you're not retired yet, but you're not retired to I'll ask myself, ask yourself now.
Speaker 2: Openly retired. Okay, Hey, dude, do you ever feel like when you retire you want to like not do this, like just like the podcast Live in a Real Bus, Like this is kind of a like like live in a Real Bus just disappeared. Yeah, I would say there's to be cool.
Speaker 1: I would say yes, but yeah, for sure, I want to disappear to the face of the earth when to be honest with you, it's the exact opposite.
Speaker 2: Have no social footprint. That sounds fucking cool some days, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, thinking of doing the podcast and my relationship, I feel like is so different on Twitter, Like I love Twitter, Yeah you do love me, like I have a good.
Speaker 2: Time on it. If there was a day where I love Twitter, I see my younger version of myself and you what happened? Where did go sideways? You? Just like it was a really fun little room and now it's just like everybody has a fucking opinion, and you know, like, I don't know, dude.
Speaker 3: I guess there's a party that will grow out of the wanting to ban through with the public because I think the public opinion stuff is funny.
Speaker 2: I'm like, we have fun.
Speaker 4: When your kids get older, I think you stop having time to like argue with everybody, not every day, but like or to tweet, like, you know, it's like harder to be like I'm sinking into this app, you know, uh, and I have two kids that are only six and three for like a certain amount of time, you know what I mean. So like I do feel like sometimes the content's awesome, but you're like, god, damn, dude, I'll never be in my thirties again. What if I wake up at fifty and I'm like, I should have just fucking got a bus, Yeah, disappeared.
Speaker 2: Well, how long are you on this app to make you feel like? I'm really not dude, I just bursts fool in your pocket? Seah.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because since my kids are not getting older four and then almost two, like especially my Fouriel, she wants my attention a lot more like I like designate like put times in my head, like, hey, i'll get home, I'll eat at one o'clock. Oka, from one thirty to like two, I'm gonna smack as many tweets as possible, and then when the kids go to sleep, I might spend another half an hour or an hour on that thing and just smack, like get my fucking content numbers up, my tweets up, and then I'm kind of out of there.
Speaker 4: I'm really hard, like I'm tough to do. I'm really bad at doing anything formulaic, so like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I get it's difficult to do. Yeah, to be like, oh yeah, from from this time of day to this time of day being super structured and for the point of engaged or scheduled will I don't.
Speaker 4: The other day was four twenty, so people gave me shit because of what you were talking about. Oh, it's for twenty griz, I honor. Are you like all that stuff? Yeah, I didn't know it was for twenty It seems like you have to unpack that a little bit. Yeah, him being high, No, you coming at him for being high?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I didn't know that that was sparka something, dude. Yeah, I did not know that I had to deal with bo Allen this weekend.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a lame like when you talk about when you talk about something and you're like one of the few people that are talking about it, people make you like you're supposed to get like you're cool for it. Like, I just wish everybody else would talk about it. I think more people are, like, it's like drinking a beer to me. Now it is now it is, But like a couple of years ago, I didn't feel like there were that many players that were talking about bud.
Speaker 2: See what you can think about like this, like you did it before it was cool.
Speaker 4: No, But like the problem is that I saw if I was sitting here looking at Chris Long talking about weed, be he's doing it to be cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just you're doing like myself. I'm just right. I can't you know, I don't have really a filter. So I was on Dan Patrick and asked me something, what do you ask do you remember? The question was, yeah, probably to do I think some do.
Speaker 4: People smoke in the NFL, And like I don't like to like give numbers or like dry snitch on people. So it was just kind of like, I mean, I've done it from time time, you know, And then it became this thing like there were memes with me, uh sucking a bong with like bloodshot eyes and it's a Chris bong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hilarious. And then for a year, like every fan I met, like at a bar, was like you high, or like you want to go or you want to go to the fucking alley with me? Man, I'm like, yeah, I want to smoke your fucking reggie weed. Like Alli, dude, Like I'm paranoid.
Speaker 4: I'm paranoid talking to you. You think I want to go smoke with you? So I do think like that's kind of annoying with it, you know what I mean? Like we smoke on the pod like Doctor Fax is here, like our producers complain about the smell, and podcasting is hard high too.
Speaker 2: As you're noticing, I think I've been doing a solid I've been doing great. I feel like I'm in it. Like on you were like, fuck, what are we doing? Well?
Speaker 3: Sometimes you just ended with a glance. I mean I'm thinking, oh, I wasn't really listening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I even the problem dude, Oh my god. But honestly, that shit, that shit makes you better at a lot of things like you know, like you you know.
Speaker 4: For me, I'm like I can relax focus kind of like that sort of thing like crazy ADHD.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just all over the place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that stuff definitely, I've heard can help quite a bit for other people. But me, the word on the street is that it can help. Yeah, I heard do you have ADHD?
Speaker 2: Hard? So maybe it could help you.
Speaker 1: I have ADHD is so bad that when Rabel was ahead when he was like his first year as a head coach and called me in his office in like November, was like, hey, you should probably go get tested for ADHD. Yeah, dude, like that bad. I was like, really, like you thinks so? And he's like yeah, So I went and did it, and like you're supposed to go through like two or three like.
Speaker 2: Test it off the charts. I tested off the charts, bro, I believe it. She's like, how do you feel about this? Is this?
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, I feel like I would answer the questions or whatever like ten minutes and she's like, okay, so you have ADHD and then for describe me riddling or one of those. And I looked at the I fucking had the pill and I looked at it, and I go, do I want to become that person that is like changes like myself, Like this has changed my brain chemically. Because it's weird to say, but I fucking love myself, Like I love like the way my brain works, and I love how I see things and stuff like that, and like if I start taking this, am I gonna start seeing the world through a different filter.
Speaker 2: That's got cool. Yeah, so I never took it ever, but I would act like I was on riddle in when I was in the building. So you try to put on a facade that you could actually google. I googled them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like legitimately, I'm one of those people like if you tell me how you can't do that, I'm gonna I'm gonna go do it, right. I know that sounds kind of cheesy and gave it to say, but like I like googled. I google like side effects of what's that?
Speaker 2: I think we'll posted it the other day somewhere. I google like side effects Fuck this guy because of the bus just gives me showing King man cogatuating King sitting and I gotta take a piss, might have a small bladder, please? I got a big bladder. No, I got a big fighter, dude. Dude, that's fucking hilarious. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I didn't take the riddling. I decided that I was just gonna act like I was on riddling, and I did for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: Better to just raw raw dog life, man, Just be who you are.
Speaker 4: Now, I can't say that for everybody, because for some people it's very disruptive. Not everybody gets to be not everybody with eighty h she gets to be a child the rest for thirty years. Yeah, you know, nice, Like I'm not saying a wild taking incredible discipline. No, but you need what you're saying is one hundred percent correct. Our D line room is like a daycare center, dude. Like, dude's laying on the floor like our Mike Waffle, our D line coach, who was like this former marine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he had this whole like way of thinking about like a D line brain.
Speaker 4: And we got cell phone breaks, we got to sit like in certain piers, we got to lay on the ground, We just talked.
Speaker 2: We threw things at each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we made sure we got through the film because he knew that everybody was so fucking touched in a way.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's tough.
Speaker 1: I had a coach just like that, Russ Grimm, who is like he could tell that we were getting like just you know how the season is. It's just fucking long and it's crazy.
Speaker 2: And we would go we'd hit.
Speaker 1: The film and he'd be like, instead of watching all sixty five snaps, he'd be like, pull up those twenty five clips and rip those clips were quick. And then he'd be like, all right, Ben Jones, Taylor, get on the board. The word is superfluous. And then you would take the word. You'd have one minute to make as many small words as you could out of that. Yeah, And we would just play and look at YouTube, and we had uh. We had a office line and Josh Clin who was like straight up Josh out the gate, Yeah, hardcore ADHD. He wouldn't take his medicine on Saturdays and we all call him Jiggles because he was fucking off the walls.
Speaker 2: Like it could not better for y'all than us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because y'all play a position that that that you need to be focused and you have so many variables in y'all's playbook and what you do from play to play like we're like nine techniques.
Speaker 2: React.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you're very reacting. Oh it is New England superstructured.
Speaker 4: Oh listen, dude, Like and I don't know, it's a great it's the system has worked. We were there number one scoring defensively and we were not talented. We have the best players in the league. Well, the Patriots are never liked that.
Speaker 1: They never have like this star studded cast of like they have ten elite guys on the on the defense.
Speaker 2: They just constantly the coaching is pretty incredible. There's a big my dog, my dog you to the Patriots. Let me get in this mango.
Speaker 4: We're talking about scheme in New England, how complicated it is. We were talking about how if you're a d lineman you really don't need to know much respectfully, like you need to like if you want to take to the next level where it's the safety, like you know, like what are the tendencies like looking at formations but like, honestly, a lot of guys don't do that in the league.
Speaker 2: Who with who you've played with? Who does informations of sun? Tell you who does it? Who does not or does so? Who does it? Okay, Aaron oh, one hundred percent. Let me tell you about it.
Speaker 4: I tell his story a lot when I was a rook where he was a rookie and this was like three days and so I figured out that he was a Hall of Famer two days earlier. Yeah, he fucking I used to like watch film a little bit because.
Speaker 2: You know, like I'm not that good, so second overall pick yeah, but not that good though, like like like not like that, you know, So I got to give a little my little edge.
Speaker 4: So I'd be there at the end of camp and like come in and watch like twenty minutes of film. Not crazy, but just come in at the end. And that room was always open. I'd never had to kick anybody off the chair. And I can remember the third day in it's the Son's going down or whatever it is, and everybody's out of the building and I walk in there and Aaron Donald's sitting there watching film and he's not doing his show off. There's no coaches in the building. He's doing that because he's like serious about his craft. And I'm telling you, this dude like his film like nobody I played with, and he's more talented than everybody I play with.
Speaker 2: So that's what makes me.
Speaker 3: He's on the line, and he's on the line, you know what I mean. Oh yeah, he's understanding forms separates him from.
Speaker 2: Even his competition.
Speaker 4: And that's why that guy is so great is because he's perfect here and he's perfect you know, as a.
Speaker 2: As we see and we all see a physique. So yeah, that's the thing people don't know.
Speaker 1: He's like, this is the greatest of all times, the go defensive the best defensive lineman of all time, defensive player.
Speaker 2: Best three technique of all time.
Speaker 4: Right now, I mean you know the thing, Well, what do you what happens if, like, unless a suitcase falls out of a seven forty seven and crushes Aaron Donald tomorrow, he's the best three technique I've ever seen played.
Speaker 2: Respect No, because I'd have to look at numbers, but no, I mean, like, he's got a hundred sacks already. That puts him in the Hall of Fame, right He's a hundred sacks, He's a whole He's a Hall of Famer already. His competition, I don't want to leave anybody out, like great players like Warren sapp like one of the best players of all time period.
Speaker 4: So I'm not even saying it's a weak position. John Randall some of the best players of all time. I just I'm biased because I saw it up closed. Yeah, and I feel like as a rusher the only guy he's got ninety eight sacks right now.
Speaker 2: Look at him trying to fit in that tuxedo. Look how thick his neck? You get the neck on him? Guy? Yeah, to measure his neck twice, they were like twenty six inches. Is that can? Are we doing like like the English metrics system here?
Speaker 4: Look at that fucking guy's Yeah, his abs, bro, but he works his fucking ass off.
Speaker 2: Dude. He's also like to sixty five in that photo. I don't think he's too sixty five, dude. He walks You think he's twenty five? Dude, I don't believe that. I promise you. Look at pictures of him from Pitt. That's two eighty five. No, but no, no, no, muscleways more than fat. I understand. I'm calling him fat at Pitt. But because I would not do that. Yeah, no, I would always find me on the bike. He's like, he's one of my buddies. But I don't want to roll up on me.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no, I think no, I'm with you on Aaron All he's one of the Guaron one of the he's one of the greatest of all time. To pull up a picture of him at at pitt that is, it's a completely different body style than it is now, completely different.
Speaker 2: Like think about it.
Speaker 4: A lot of kids don't even have like you know, you know, I have money to invest in their nutrition. I'm not saying he didn't, but I'm just saying, like this dude's eating cheeseburger is a pit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like this guy, if you give him a million dollars, you know, like a check, I bet you he reinvests half of it in his in his work ethic, and in his body and in his his brand, which is his career. So like I bet you he's doing everything humanly possible to be out there and be at his best.
Speaker 1: Yeah you think, uh so your opinion would change if he would have retired after wringing the Super Bowl, if you would.
Speaker 4: Have retired, I don't believe, Like, Okay, I do think there's some room for interpretation on that thing, because like the greatest, the best of all time to do whatever it is, Like you've got guys in the Hall of Fame who didn't do it for twelve years, Like Carol Davis is.
Speaker 2: A perfect example. Cowboy Reid here, Yeah he's out there, Broncos fan. But like there are guys that you know, they're better than guys that played ten years and maybe have more yards than them or whatever. Yeah, you saw it. Like what does the film tell you Patrick Willis, Yeah, Patrick Willis, Calvin Johnson, Barry Sanders, Alvin Johnson, Alvin Johnson, Like you can tell me because somebody plays like ten years longer that like you're gonna hold like certain stats against Calvin Johnson that were like just you know our crewing sacks or yards or to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I know you want the sound bite, but I'll give it to you. Aaron Donald's the best of all time.
Speaker 2: And his position in my opinion, you get that clip, that clipping clipping, You guys are pros.
Speaker 3: I think you're trying to You're you're trying to ask too, like does he get labeled? Like is his title universally?
Speaker 1: Like when you when I say who's a great football player of all time? Who's a great football player of all times?
Speaker 2: People will always say Lawrence Taylor. No, No, No, I'm saying in general, I'm giving you a defense which we're gonna say. We're all gonna say Tom Brady White, Brady one the greatest.
Speaker 1: He's the great and that's the Or when I say what's the greatest defensive player of all time?
Speaker 2: If the first person comes to your mind isn't Aaron Dahl, then it's probably Reggie White or yeah, Lawrence Taylor.
Speaker 4: I mean huge older coaches like I think Lawrence Taylor is the best of all time because the guy.
Speaker 2: I heard the guy had a fire ladder at.
Speaker 4: The hotel, Like, and you know what that's for to get out of the building right when the building's on fire. But it also helps when you want to sneak out the party night before the game.
Speaker 2: Oh, guys like think of yeah, then you think of all.
Speaker 4: We have to do to get ready and like hydrate and like when we get to an away game, I bet you go to your room, you drink as many waters.
Speaker 2: The first place I go to is the ivy. Oh I need an iv ID any of my.
Speaker 4: Hose back, Lawrence Taylor had an ivy of good time, dude, and Lawrence Taylor would come to the building and just fucking this is all here, says.
Speaker 2: So. I don't want to check, man, but I think it's well known.
Speaker 4: He came to the building, he'd take a nap, they'd wake him up, and he'd go, like, have five sacks, right, bro, like my best game in my career.
Speaker 2: Like everything goes into that, right.
Speaker 4: That's why to me, Lawrence Taylor is maybe the best defensive player of all time.
Speaker 2: Like, it's hard to compare. It's like two different jobs, two different generations. Too. I think it's much.
Speaker 4: Harder in football to compare like positions and say that guy is the best. Like basketball, there's a little less variability in what that player does on the court, you know.
Speaker 2: So I think it's hard to do the greatest of all time in football. You are great at conversations. You're having fun, don't you think he is?
Speaker 3: He's guy, and you have analogies to go on, analogies like it's just he's right after.
Speaker 2: This, after this, you're jumping on a plane. I am, but you don't want to stop when you have to leave. No, no, no, that's fine.
Speaker 4: Guy and this guy I have a lot of catching up to. Okay, yeah, we're good, Okay, we're good. We have lots of stay on the bus. Yeah by twelve thirty, Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: Dude, I told you I was going to get here, and this man this morning is like when I land, he's like, I'm not mad, but You're team said you'd be here at eight forty five.
Speaker 1: I'm like, just well, he knew that I was. When Will call me, he's like, hey, Chris is gonna be here, my bro, I gotta work out.
Speaker 2: I can't make it. And he's like, hey, I was trying to literally coming in just to do our pod that he's leaving motivate you to work here here. I am, Yeah, and you look awesome, dude. Thanks. There's a lot of you're right though. There's a lot of juggling on for Will. Okay, but I was gonna try to go around on you, but I know this isn't as much of a ball busting sessions. I got you back that you said team, team, team, Like, make sure where we I had. I gotta have Will's back, Like, is that like a code you have here?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, there's no code, but there's really not a good Yeah. What you got in there is that actual altos more stuff? Okay, Yeah, we're good when.
Speaker 2: You're going where you're in the draft right now? What are you doing at the draft?
Speaker 4: I am doing a course light draft segment. So well, we've been doing the course like draft segment. We're doing a live watch like first round and I can't think while I'm doing this, but yeah, no, like, so we're gonna do live.
Speaker 2: Watches with a couple of guys, like who do we have on? Who's coming by? Will black Man?
Speaker 4: You know he does like why Wine MVP, that's my movie. He's also got a great Twitter account. Yeah, you like when I signed on, I'm like, I want to see more guys like Will Blackman on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's thinking he was later in the game, so he's climbing. It's he's very clever, he's very Cray's kind of a wise ass. He really get on your ass on the timeline.
Speaker 3: It's funny too because you're like looking like I agree with you, Like Will is a great like Twitter follow Yeah, man, like you don't you're not able to like get all that growth that he Will should have me and Will should have so many fucking follows.
Speaker 4: Don't you hate that when you're like this is a banger and there's like twenty five likes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a banger, Yeah, twenty five. So Will's coming by? Who else come by there? Eric Armstead? Yeah gooda Eric said, Saints tackle.
Speaker 4: No Austin Eckler bullet what No, that's on Armstead on board material? Do you play the Niners this year? That's gonna be tough because we're gonna post that we'll pull this.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no league, No, we don't. We don't want to.
Speaker 4: Play Technique from San Francisco, the tall guy that somehow is still awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I know.
Speaker 1: That is if you play an organ, right yeah, organ, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when him and him and Buckner with the two guys my dog dude, him and bucked over the two guys.
Speaker 1: There's a study place with the colts now and they had to choose between the two of them, and they.
Speaker 2: Traded for a nice trade to the cult just started saying ship. So what's what's Bolton board material between? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, what about it? Vegas.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have a great time. But it's been a I heard you talking about your fucking little schedule. Our guys has been crazy, dude schedule with my last couple of days, Like I was in Charleston for a guy's trip. We got down there the boys, Like I'm in a different stage of fatherhood. I could take these trips, had a great time, and then went straight to my golf tournament that was non stop, hopped on a burden, see you guys. And now we're gonna go to Vegas for three days and I think after I'm asleep for a week.
Speaker 2: So you pretty well right now I'm tired, dude. Yeah, it's pretty cool to call airplanes birds too.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, it's not like we do them enough, but like you can't stop on a jet. Yeah, you know what I mean if you say private jet. Also, what's your fucking what's your kind of like policy on posting pictures of your private airplane?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think that's very hairy. It's a very hairy situation. If you can do it, if you're when you do it. Oh, yeah, we worried about you. I think it depends. I think it's private Willie. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Really depends on first off, who you are and what your quote of what brand is. So I will we're to go and do that. It's right on brand because he posts everything. He's monetizing his child. Yes, like he's literally so that'll post.
Speaker 2: That's a funny thing. I'm not the only person bustings right. No, no, earlier because like it is you you're like, hey, that's hilariously doing that.
Speaker 4: You should be Oh dude, I am, And you're fucking funniest ship on Twitter. I don't think I was looking too much into anything.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking about the up when I said up and down, it's like I might still like I just hate fatherhood right now.
Speaker 1: No, you Yeah, it's tough night last night. It's all right, Yeah, she didn't go down very well last night. But the whole being on a plane thing when you do it past the baton, Dude, I don't know how you feel about this, crystal when you get on a private plane, like you think it's the coolest thing ever.
Speaker 2: No, I just think it's great not to have just like yeah, but it's not like it's not like a oh I feel like like you know, like Alex Rodriguez or something. No, I'm just relaxed. Well when I whenever I get on it, whenever I.
Speaker 1: Get on a bird and I walk up to it, I always like super grateful, like have like low key like a reflection of like, damn, it's cool that I get to do this. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, and you kind of you want to share that, you want to be like, look at this, But I have a hard time ever posting myself on it on a jet. You know where our brand is and what we do, how we're constantly tweeting about everything going on in our lives.
Speaker 3: It makes it easier to justify that. But no, it is most of the time. A lot of times we're just in our own head about it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But also players, other players do it.
Speaker 1: When I see other players do it, I'm like, come on, Bud, that's you. Yeah, but it's like that's if that's all they post.
Speaker 2: No, I don't post it. I don't post like like we'll do it sometimes. I will. If I was with Will, I would do it. That's weird, right, No, because because I've never done it on yours. Huh. That's the only reason I've never done it with yours. Yeah, oh it is right. You never never done it, Like you feel like I's a scary thing you both. I don't like. Yeah, I don't like people knowing that both.
Speaker 4: They're taking that picture and thinking, oh, like he knows it's not corny, and like it's like a leap of faith.
Speaker 2: But maybe it is corny. Yeah, the strength of numbers things, it doesn't it is numbers real time.
Speaker 4: Its right, right, it's kind of I think it's kind of like it's kind of like hard oh to like post a private jet picture, but also get to like, fuck, dude, it's cool.
Speaker 2: You were cool and you're telling an airplane where to go. It's like g t A. You're not going to do anything bad with it. You could.
Speaker 4: Came out until after the ride. Yeah, so my pilots aren't going to hear this. My pilots for the day they are.
Speaker 2: It's fucking dope. Hey for what I paid? Yeah, especially gas prices right now. Holy fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you must be hurting right now a little bit taking that thing to Vegas. Well, we know you ain't hurt, boss, I don't worried about it.
Speaker 2: Well the podcast phase off, Yeah, let's go, let's go, dude. Oh yeah, they're probably taking care of it.
Speaker 3: No, partially, I was gonna say, come on, there's this business. I was your relationship with them with Blue Wire? Who is your relationship with Blue are wind.
Speaker 2: Better the wind?
Speaker 4: I mean, like the reason we we went with Blue Art and talking to Kevin Jones and those guys is like we don't as you can imagine knowing me a little bit, like I don't want to be meddle with dude, I don't want to have to deal with ship and you guys have some good breathing room too, I hear even being on barstool, like Will.
Speaker 1: Is a fucking wizard though, Dude, Yeah, I'm like you or I'm like, can I just come and do the podcast and enjoy myself?
Speaker 2: Believe it or not, that's not me. Really.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is I don't like to be told what to do. You know what my producers are like that is not how he is because I produced the pod, dude, like these guys produce the pot with me, read me, Matt.
Speaker 2: We're a team.
Speaker 4: So like you know, I'm a little particular and uh and I don't I don't ever want to get a call and be like the pods too long.
Speaker 2: You want to micro manageer? You want to you want to micro manage yourself.
Speaker 4: You don't want I'm paying the bills, I'm running a business, you know, it's like that's been the craziest thing about this podcast is like you learn, you're learning a new skill, but I'm also learning to actually be an adult, like as I no doubt.
Speaker 2: I used to before.
Speaker 1: Hey, being a kid for thirty years like you said, Yeah, we've been able to be children for thirty years or a live dude.
Speaker 4: And and my guys that work with me probably know that. And I'm not always great at what I do, like you know, on the on the microphone. Hopefully our our audience likes it. But like I also think sometimes like it's hard to come to work with one of us, you know, like we're scattered, We're like all over the place. So these guys work super hard. But the Wind Blue Wire, they've been great. I love the Wing because I used to stay at the Wind like real talk, Like I go there on our trips as a player and just get blasted at the wind. Enjoy their break breakfast sausages and their fucking their their hash browns, their shape like triangles and they're beautiful.
Speaker 1: That's the best shape for a hash brown to, isn't it that? Or the McDonald's McDonald's and the way it slides out of that package. They fly smooth too, and.
Speaker 2: It's a little Christmas. You're a movement downstairs.
Speaker 1: I love how he's talking about his business. And we heard hash Burns were like, how about the mobiles?
Speaker 4: So I don't want to make this about me. I want to talk about hash podcasts.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 4: I know it's a weird thing, but you know how that is when you go on a guest to somebody and you're like, cognisant not making your podcast all about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. Do you do that? Don't No, Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: He says he's suspicious since I see him cracking smile.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, it's funny starting to think about me, Like this is so cool because I'm such a fan of Will Compton obviously, you know, being Taylor Luan fan too, playing against Taylor.
Speaker 2: Huh, so you line you Will, You're a tattooed dude who's doing great in the league. Like we together. I'm with that, both Ted and white dudes, and that guys are the lad white dudes who are outspoken, strong chins, strong jaws, handsome boys. Because I've been it's so funny.
Speaker 4: I've been laughing at this motherfucker and we've played each other, but I've never met you.
Speaker 2: I know we were like we was like on the whole, bro, Like I don't talk on the fucking phone. I talked on the phone. I talk on the phone with Will Compton.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 4: But you know, the WIN is super cool and you know they give us freedom. And I don't always like to talk about the same thing as y'all probably do. Like some days I come in and if you like talking about something different and it's nice. I'm also self selective to run your podcast like that, Like I'm I'm not going to try to chase the crowd as y'all don't.
Speaker 2: You've done something unique, you'll.
Speaker 4: Never have to compare yourself to anything else because if you start doing that, then you try to be other people, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: If you start like what are they doing over there? You can you can copy.
Speaker 4: Certain things like how they put out socials, how long their pods are, that sort of thing. But I think if you start being like people like that person and that's how they're acting like, you can't do that because you're going to be not yourself. So I think, like it's really cool to be on our own, you know it sounds like you guys have latitude too. It's tougher because people don't like Blue Ears, you know, not as recognizable sometimes as some of the other brands. But it's growing and we really have to earn our keep and that's cool. I'm fine with that because the people that are listening really fuck with us. The people that don't listen, Like, I don't have to worry about. Last thing I ever want is somebody having to click on our content and being like this guy sucks and he's on my landing page, like you know, my you know, the ringer or Barstool is sharing this guy and he sucks. Well, if you're listening to us, like, that's your fucking problem, you know what I mean. And that's the nice thing about kind of being on our own a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do like it is cool being like part of Barstool for the reason you're saying, like it's toufy on Blue Wires, like when people are like, oh, you're with your barstool, right, Like kind of comes off a different way for a lot of associations, and it gives you, guys, so many podcasts, so many different ways to across pollen a and stuff.
Speaker 2: Like that. It's just it's super it's super benefits cool.
Speaker 4: That's really cool. You know, we've been able to cross pollinate a little bit with people from blue wire funny word to a cross pollinaire. But it's a fucking great word and we're using it.
Speaker 2: We're using it. I love it. You get to yell at me. I heard cross fertilized. I heard cross fertilized this weekend. Really, Yeah, dude, that's a weird deal. Those guys right, the bees, Yeah, the bees is where it's at, for sure. I cross fertilized, cross fertilized over across. You're you're a you're a You're a midwestern guy, So you.
Speaker 4: The mid fertilized, y'all are soy'll midwesterns is ready to be Like do you call me a hoosier?
Speaker 2: Why do y'all say that hoosier? You mean who don't?
Speaker 3: Really like?
Speaker 2: It's like a redneck. It's the word for rednecks. Isn't that what Indiana's slogan is. I'm just saying I don't feel like people go around just calling people hoosiers. Oh really, it's not a thing. Yeah, yeah, no, no, but I do feel like Hoosiers understood that you're like a like a red have a different dialect out there. We do. You've been out of Missouri, man was fertilized salt of the earth. I love Missouri, dude, but you don't. I don't love it in fucking July. But you don't love Emos pizza. I do not like Emos pizza. If you had never heard of pizza. He actually he's told me about it, but I don't.
Speaker 4: They Actually it's a long process. They it's like a really long process. They just put a piece of cheese that you've never heard of on Highway forty and then they just let the Missouri sun bake it on a piece of bread for like three weeks.
Speaker 2: I think. So it's a really long process to get that. I don't know if this is true. Is this a real thing? No, I'm just shiitting. I was like, look, three weeks, do you think the pizza rips? And that's the biggest Like your taste buds are all about how you grew up.
Speaker 3: Really with that, I agree that you people think I'm weird as fuck for doing peanut butter sandwiches.
Speaker 2: Going to bring that up, bring it up, peanut butter sandwiches and chili. I thought that you were doing a bit like you know how people do fucked up.
Speaker 3: Food blossom viral he like did like a devil Day the other peanut butter and jelly and bro.
Speaker 2: I'll try anything, but probably not that thing. And that blows my mind. I used to really not bad will. Will made it for me one time and it was really good. I enjoyed it, right, I thought it was good. Yeah. Were you medicating your ADHD at the time. No, I haven't medicated it. Come on, probably be better listening to Bro.
Speaker 3: No, I know that I have some peanut butter sandwiches in it, and if you like, mix a little bit of honey with that peanut butter.
Speaker 2: I was talking about marijuana. What about marijuana? You had the munchies? You know I don't smoke. We dude, I care about my career. I know that too. Joke, dude.
Speaker 3: So when I when we were in COVID, I was when we had the new nanogram testing. It went from like twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait we'd yeah, it was like one fifty or one fifty because it used to be like hey, you got a little speck and then is gone.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Will that was rude, not being I'm okay, now I'm starting to get in my bag.
Speaker 3: But so we were in COVID, so we're at home every day all day long, up late at night, playing risk.
Speaker 2: So the boy we would laugh about it and take.
Speaker 3: Sometimes like ID take an edible and then I'm sending a photo D when I'm in the est night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm taking a few edible.
Speaker 3: I might hire a guy to be with me when I'm so whenever the new CBA or the nanogram levels went up, I remember ordering on Amazon just all a lot of drug tests so I could figure out how many how many days in a row I could.
Speaker 2: Go without it being in my system, and then how long I took it for to exit my system. So that way I knew. Like when I'm like earlier, I'm like, oh, I passed the test because in my head, like I did the science. During COVID, we were when we were trapped on Hey, he was playing chess. Sounds like Lebron talking about his game winning shot. I've already taken this shot, like I've.
Speaker 3: Done this time we get another bucks like, oh, this is just my joke. Test, he s, are you still doing that experiment and I'm like, yes.
Speaker 2: Heyde you knocked out of the park. Well, well get a fake dick. Just get a fake dick, dude, A fake dick would be so scary to do.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you have something in your pocket on the way end of the and then you got to like flop it out and hey dude, you got.
Speaker 2: To press on it. They don't imagine. I don't know what happens. I know I have no idea. One thing, dude. We were playing the Ravens my rookie year and I go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting on the toilet. I'm about to wipe. I pull the fucking tissue out and there's like a jingling and I'm like, what the fun? So I keep pulling the tissue. A syringe fell out, like of a steroids. It's just just a syringe just came out of the toy like the toilet paper dispenser and fell.
Speaker 2: On the floor. Do you think a lot of people are shoving that ship in their butt? I don't know, dude, but I saw. I don't think a lot of people. I was like, in my mind, I'm like a couple. In my mind. I was like, there's no way that somebody on the funk out of here will I'm just messing around. I guess I had a PD what in my mind like about that? I forgot you know what, That's the thing I forgot about it. Like people take the wrong ship sometimes, crazy, treat the wrong sh crazy. How you think it's like the biggest thing in the world and then it kind of just goes away. That's like almost anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty much everything, sort of like, yeah, killing somebody like like ray Lewis, So what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I'm not laughing. OJ Murder we talked about OJ. I was at a NASCAR race recently. Yeah, it was nineteen Martin Trex Junior. Oh yeah, yeah, that guy's a guy.
Speaker 4: All right, pick a favorite NASCAR driver and uh and and I picked him and then it's really cool in nascars.
Speaker 2: You guys probably know, like they just hang out before the races.
Speaker 4: Like they're getting ready to basically play, you know, the buck Neers or something.
Speaker 2: You got to block JPP.
Speaker 4: But thirty minutes before you're sitting in like a garage talking to sponsors. That's like how they in their full NASCAR uniforms. I looked up I saw Martin TRUEX Junior. He's like Jesus. He was just like he had an aura. But I got to drive the pit car, How dope?
Speaker 2: Was that? Not the car?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 4: Car car car, pace car, that's the and I felt like Al Collings, the guy that was driving OJ around, because they're all right behind you, dude, it's like one hundred cop cars.
Speaker 2: And I probably I was changing the subject from Ray Lewis. He might have been there, you know what I mean. Don't think he did it. I have no idea, dude, But have you met Ray Lewis? Yeah, but you you think he did it when I talked to him? I don't think so. Like I never spoke to him. I don't know that.
Speaker 4: I mean dragons, I know that, dude, and I didn't and I didn't and I wasn't there, so I was gonna ask, like, did he I don't think he did?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay? Is he a little too much of a me guy? Though? You think Vivor speech?
Speaker 3: And he like looked at me one time, call me five to one, then it'll forever be. He said, oh, yeah, they couldn't see what I was seeing five to one. I was like, yes, no, they couldn't, right, But that's the thing. Every day in college.
Speaker 2: They're great. They're great orange whores, bro, whatever the fuck that word is. They tell like amaze, they say things and people are just like, yeah, yeah, you're in the Hall of Fame. People just say, yeah, you can say whatever you want. Huh what you want? Bro? That's what I do with my dad. But he actually says some cool really cool ship. Yeah. But you know, like if he ever doesn't, I'm like, yeah, I'll throw some guys who are like.
Speaker 3: Super into themselves about, Like these people are there going to tell a story, Let me get a story.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying that, but what I am saying is like, when you when you're like that guy like you've been he's been pumping up NFL teams for Everything's motivational, Like he's you know.
Speaker 2: That kind of ray your dad right, No, not my dad.
Speaker 1: Yes, your dad gives off totally different vibes and sketch your commercials. I feel like I can walk up to him and fucking shake his hand, gi him a hug right away. Is a great person, dude, seems like a fantastic guy, down.
Speaker 4: To earth, played golf at my golf, turned me yesterday, like our title sponsor. Like he just brought him back to the house to kick it. Like he's just a good person, dude, you know. Like, yeah, I can't say enough about the dude. He's not like a lot of people I've met that played in the NFL that long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially with the Raiders too. He seems like he wasn't like that.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I imagine how Like I know everybody was young, but it's like, uh, some people are too good to be true.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this motherfucker's too good to be true. I think he's got some skeletons. No, but he was with ray Lewis.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so. I wouldn't want to. I wouldn't want to get into an alter case. My dad was a really good boxer in college.
Speaker 2: Really. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He's got hands, dude, so like, and they're very heavy. You know, he's got the heaviest hands of all time.
Speaker 2: My brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got some fucking he just seems like a do with heavy ass hands were dude, I'll tell you what I don't know incognito, he's got fucking heavy hands.
Speaker 2: She's got some why I got it at like minus two hundred cow long I don't know if I agree with that. First off, I.
Speaker 4: Think Richie might tell you he's not real excited about tussling with Kyle and their boy is Kyle.
Speaker 2: I remember see him at the Casey game. Dude's fucking massive, bro, Bro, he walks away. Dude, a big fucking du He has a butt, he has like calves, like I sound like Mike Mayock right now. Yeah, you're scouting and I'm always scouting my brother.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, look at him, look at him, and they're like Chris, he's coming off of three Like, I'm like, but what we get?
Speaker 2: You know, like six sixth three thirteen? That's bullshit.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's way more than that thirteen. He's a thick boy. Yeah, he's got that good power metal piece.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, he's built from the bottom. Dude, he's supposed to come on the bus. He's got to come on the bus, on the bus.
Speaker 2: Funny he's got. He's got a good little following on Twitter too. He's fun. He's going to be actually doing it with us now. So look at the fans there and he's joined the squad like he's look at that that no beard looking ass. Boy. Do I think you look solid there. That's a good look. That's a good tough guy. Look, bro, tough guy. Look.
Speaker 4: You know I'm looking tough because they're fucking playing me in the fourth in this in Week seventeen, with home field locked up, I'm out there with the threes.
Speaker 2: Really, I look tough. That's a tough fucking deal.
Speaker 4: I'm thirty, I'm thirty three years old. I get two shots of toward all in me going to look happy out there? Bro, real talk Week seventeen, our Super Bowl year. Bro, it's zero degrees at the link. We're playing the Cowboys, they're playing Zeke, they're playing Win and they're playing all their guys in the stuts. Yeah, and I had to take some snaps really yeah? How many snaps?
Speaker 2: Like five to ten? Oh? Really? You play it half? Oh yeah, dude, so that weren't you. I was cold? Yeah, put it that way.
Speaker 1: I've never It's amazing. Isn't that just a crazy feeling that when you go and play an NFL game, if there's no thought of you not having to play the whole game. But there's never that thought, and so when you go play, it's like okay, balls out. You're not thinking like how many snaps are gonna have to get boy. Preseason, oh my god, and preseason that's the only thing you think about. Like you go in, like you're three four days before the game, and you're like, man, how much am I going to fucking play?
Speaker 4: I'm putting like I'm putting, like I'm like chipping my coach's cell phones to find out, like what's the plan.
Speaker 2: Then you go to the assistant coach and you're like, hey, what's up. I'm not really the Niners. Yeah you heard upstairs, and they guard it like fucking like like uh, you know, intelligent, which is.
Speaker 1: So weird because it's like eventually, like someone like you who's got a level of maturity, Yeah, I would be think. Okay, I can tell Chris, hey, you're only playing a series series, and I can tell you that two weeks from now, and you're not gonna like three days before I practice like funk around because you're not playing.
Speaker 4: You're gonna take it serious. Chris is afraid that the undrafted guy is going to take his job. Right, so we can tell I'm just way young talented, Hane. No, I wasn't, but the way you leaned in and smiled at me you're just always smiling.
Speaker 2: I think the opposite of my coach.
Speaker 1: It's crazy watching you high paranoid guys do a podcast.
Speaker 4: He can my co host. He's not good at smiling or laughing at your jokes. You like constantly give the energy, and I'm like, what's the catch? You know there's no catch, man.
Speaker 3: You're like, yeah, I'm constantly thinking about the undrafted guys taking my spot.
Speaker 2: Are you really thinking that? Like, are you really thinking that? Dude?
Speaker 4: Fucking I'm thinking that that's the only way, Like, you know not, I'm not like late in my career, I was pretty good in my prime, but late in my career, I know what my I know the deal. Like you know, like you really have to earn your keep. So yeah, when you're out there in preseason, bro, like you can't take it. You can't half step. They're trying to get you out door anyways. You're not as cheap as a young guys, that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd be a tough bet to beat out too.
Speaker 3: Like if you're an undrafted cat, you're thinking, like you want the cock do you want the guys to be a little have a little arrogance, a little cocky coaches coaching them up a little bit, they're not actually retaining it, Like you're sitting there and being like, I kind of hope they don't remember.
Speaker 2: That's why I deleted my get them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I deleted myself to get out before somebody could delete me.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Oh, that's the dream, dude, Just delete yourself, dude before.
Speaker 4: So it's before like having a deal with the bullshit and you're like, you'll get there one day, hopefully it's five seven years.
Speaker 1: How long you want to play Thursday? How long you will play? Uh, that's a good question. I don't know where the Titans are at right now and the trajectory of what could be.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm like in it.
Speaker 1: I really like want to fucking play and I want to win a super Bowl real bad one I talked to about last week, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, really was he what was he doing? Oh? Really?
Speaker 1: I've never met him, but I feel like that dude has always been like, hey, Fittigan was here fifteen minutes ago.
Speaker 2: Type of deal.
Speaker 1: I would like go to like five oh five, which is a parper complex, and they'd be like, oh yeah, Fittgan just left. Would go to Martin's Barbecue and oh Fittigan just left like it's just crazy ship like that got his ass by Yeah, but you know Johnson his credit.
Speaker 2: That's not the worst guy to get your asking, No, dude, he's a fucking beat little too. Yeah, like Dwight kicked his ass here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, so fucking he But anyway, you said you were saying, dude, have hands.
Speaker 2: You were saying, uh, Finans Tannehill. Courtland's the best. Yeah, Cortland's the best, dude. I played with the Saint Louis people. Some people hate court because they playing against himcause he's a ship talker. By the way, you never capt to me actually talking ship. Yeah, I'll make it short and sweet. We were playing. It was the third game of the year.
Speaker 1: I believe you were on the team because it was eighteen and it was either it was either Conklin. It was his first game back. He had a real tough year coming back from his a cl or was a backup Likenlin. He's good, but that was like a real tough year from turned.
Speaker 2: Was that get him turned? Get him turned? Yeah, but he's head that heat. See, he missile of an outside hand, that kind of gets right in your chest. Unorthodox.
Speaker 1: Very he's a he's a very unorthodox. You watch him playing, You're like, what's going on here?
Speaker 4: And by the way, we're not exactly teeing off on you guys because you guys can run the football and then.
Speaker 1: Knocking it up people kind of getting that thing done, which is nice. But I remember you beat them around the edge and like hit the quarterback one time, and I'm blocking your boy, Barnett, and you kind.
Speaker 2: Of whisper in my eargo I'm on his ass all day.
Speaker 1: He kind of fucking It wasn't like it wasn't like you and you you just asked me to be part of water Boys that off season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we had like a new shu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like it wasn't like we're fucking boys boys, Like we're sitting on the podcast talking.
Speaker 4: I probably wanted to see if you were like, like frustrated by him, because then if you're frustrated by him, then the next play, I'm like, Taylor seemed frustrated with you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see it. No, I don't playing chess out there that I don't play checkers with the ship talk like I'm not that cool and good. I love ship talking. It's my favorite thing. But you know, you got to play a little bit of chess. You know.
Speaker 1: When I think when I do condition in the off season, like when I go work out after we're done with this, like and I'm dying conditioning, my thought is, Hey, your reward is you'll be able to talk ship all game, no question.
Speaker 2: That's your reward for doing the condition right now. It's not for being shape for football.
Speaker 1: It's can I play football at a high level and be able to tell you how bad you are?
Speaker 2: Mouth? Yeah? Percent, Like you're like a wrestler. Uh in what way?
Speaker 3: Like you?
Speaker 2: You you you'd be good at promos? Like you do talk good? I do you like to talk shit? Yes? I'm more like a bro talk like, Oh I want you're a homie talker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want your game to come down a little bit, like I want to tell Earth's like, oh, bro, you're fucking exactly.
Speaker 2: I want to say that crushing it this year?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 3: And so that way he in his mind it would be oh, compass so much respect for me. Maybe I can take a little bit off. Yes, because he's he doesn't feel like he's gonna guard me. That doesn't need your level to come down a little bit.
Speaker 2: I just know.
Speaker 4: And yeah, it's also just like when you when you're nice to somebody that says the tone that it's not what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like because Greg Olsen, this is a great example. Greg Olsen, he shit talked to me, called me like, what are you a fucking third stringer? Because I spider man webbed him after breaking him a pass, I like fucking WinCE and he's like, what.
Speaker 2: Do you like to fucking awesome? What do you like that?
Speaker 5: One?
Speaker 2: One more time?
Speaker 3: Anytime a dude, like a coach, like somebody messed up in a meeting or say something funny or pause or something like that, or like that's a dumb question, you'd like spray him across the room, like give a little on our team.
Speaker 2: It was like an inside joke. Yeah, So I did it to Olsen because I told the boys I would do, like, hey, do it if you make a play, I'm like all right, And so I did to also said who the fuck are you? What are you like? Third string? And I was like, hey man, hey, I work for this spot kind of like smile like just like that, and the next time out he said, hey man, I'm not bad, man. You know I didn't.
Speaker 3: I know, yeah exactly, I know you from this spot, Like I didn't mean that, Bro, that's that's all men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Greg Old, Oh, it's all good, bro. Dan.
Speaker 4: Greg Olsen is a great dude. Also, I believe one of the best of what he does already. Really, you haven't heard him call game? You haven't either, I mean, but I listen I watch Greg Olsen's fucking good.
Speaker 2: In my opinion. Yeah, but it's not like Tony, so I feel like it's working, working on things.
Speaker 4: I'm also a fucking I'm also a lineman, so Tony's thing is not exactly going to be like circling a guard or like talking about a kickout block. Like I get so mad watching games because people just their line play terminology is so bad and then you regurgitated by the fans and it's like extra frustrating.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying Tony does.
Speaker 4: It, but quarterbacks, wide receivers, they don't pay attention to us. Greg had to block six techniques, so Greg like knows the words, he knows everything, So I think he's very good.
Speaker 2: Dude, take tech no joke at tight end, dude, Yeah, a fucking joke and they started that media company him in Vince Vaughan. Oh did he Yeah, I know that. I fucking love It's fun. Yeah, it might be one of the shows on the in the I love Greg Dude.
Speaker 4: I used to party on in Greg's brother played at Virginia. So we go down to Miami for spring break and uh, Greg Olsen's house.
Speaker 2: A bro, Hey, what's that? He's not that hydrated? Huh coming, bro? You need more? You need more in space, bro, I gotta he can tell he's recently hydrated. He needs an extended fuel to hank. Honestly, need something, Dude.
Speaker 1: When you first, like remember in high school, when you like start drinking water for real, I start getting hydrated, you'd pissed like eight, nine, ten times a day. Well then you said eventually, yes, you're actually hydrated. Yes, well he's not hydrated, no will he's not.
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, the scariest thing in the world is when you binge drink and you think, like, after thirty six hours, not only have I just been drinking alcohol, but do I remember a water, dude?
Speaker 1: And after like you low key feel like you're cramping everywhere, Like you can't make any sudden move otherwise.
Speaker 2: I was as I've always been a cramper. You cramp oh like nothing you ever had like a full body on the plane, Yeah, I did, dude, scariest thing ever. No, no, no, sorry, not in a body on the plane. Not on a plane. I had a dude.
Speaker 1: Not didn't happen to me. But I had a buddy who got a full body in the cold tub one time. Oh and he full bodied and then slowly was sinking into the water and he couldn't get himself out of it.
Speaker 2: And he watched the whole thing. No, no, no, no, no. He told me about this.
Speaker 1: I was like, He's like, my head, good luck, budd He's like tackle.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: He was a guardist. He was Patrick o'mamay. It was at Michigan and the trainers like came and grabbed him as he was going underwater.
Speaker 2: But he would have died. Yeah. Hell, I like to think even in a full body crampy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that just goes to show yea locked up like you're Jack. He's Jack Titanic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he can't get up and fucking we had guys going to it on the plane where you're like there's nowhere to go.
Speaker 4: Dudes are in the aisle just like Yeah, I don't feel safe right now. I'm like Aaron Marshall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like nothing somebody, dude, Yeah, it sucks for you. I'm sorry about the full body cramps. That's all right. I used to I used to get them quite a bit. Actually, are you really ran like that? I was trying to you don't miss anything. This is fun, dude. You know what. I believe that the worst in the world.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: Jack gave me the phone. I had to fucking I don't want to go though. Well, we'll do this again. We'll do this again. We're gonna figure out other ship to do. We go to come on a green lights. Will and I are going to keep keep talking when he leaves. Oh yeah, I'm done. Hey twenty more, You're good? When do you? Oh? Before I go the draft? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who are some studs you think are actual studs? More importantly, tell me about.
Speaker 2: Adam studs you think are actual study actual stuff.
Speaker 1: Because I heard this draft is not strong. I've been told that this draft ST's wrong. And I don't know if it's because there's not many quarterbacks in it, but I heard it wasn't great, but I want to know about it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not a it's not an incredibly strong draft.
Speaker 4: No, I think the middle rounds, from what it sounds like, are really like listening to guys that know middle rounds are good and I'm not. I'll get to Aiden, but I think, uh, I think the problem is like a ton of teams are just opting out of the first round. We just had less need on our pod and he was talking about his first round picks and shit in which he doesn't have, like guys playing golf all this week. I think the lowest amount of first round picks in the in the first round, first round picks in the first round since the eighties is this year. So like, you are not investing in the first round, and I don't know if it's because of this draft. To your point, I think the edge guys, it's hard for me to figure out who's the guy. Honestly, I really like Aiden. I had him on my pod. I love the fucking guy. He gets the Chris Long comps, which I think, like I hate when guys get those comps. Is that well because it's kind of a backhanded comp because like you know, I didn't do like one twenty. I did seventy, you know, which is fine, Like it's a great career, But when you're picked in the top five, like what they're saying is you're a high floor guy, right, So I don't love that that every white guy gets compared to me, Like, you know, give him a Nick Bosa every now and again. That would be fun for that kid. But I think Aiden's somewhere in between. I think that the comps for him have been really irresponsible. I think the best comp for Aiden is like Patrick Kearney, who I don't know if you remember Patrick Kearney, eighty something SAT guy in the NFL, which to me is like pretty amazing, Like that's a one percent career.
Speaker 2: That guy is tall.
Speaker 4: You know, he's maybe not got the longest arms. I think that's the one thing I worry about with Aiden is like he doesn't have that long arms, and you know, he's taller. So when you play taller guys, you got to assume to make up for the lack of leverage they have length.
Speaker 2: So the thing he makes up for with is really good technique. He seems like he's a good technique. Yeah, and then the kid in Oregon. He didn't even know how to put his hands on guys yet. I'm not saying he's not a worker, he's not a technician, but if he gets with the right coach, I think his upside's crazy. Do you think Thibodau's got a higher ceiling?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's not a slight Again, we're talking about we're cutting hairs here. And part of it is like when I hear somebody compared to me, I'm like, well, I don't know if i'd take me in the top five, you know what I mean, Like, I probably take me at twelve or fifteen. So like, I think I think Aiden's got a shot to prove out a top five career. But I do think Cavon is exciting. I think the kid from Florida State is really exciting too. But then again, it's hard, Like these guys have hard jobs. I watched the Florida State kid played Notre Dame and he had a bunch of tackles and PFLs and sacks. But you know this, that doesn't mean you played a great game, right, I mean you won a bunch of rushes. But then he beats a lot of other teams, so it's really hard to call it this year with the edge guys, I think.
Speaker 2: I don't know who the stud is, you know what I mean? First of all, pick who are you picking? Though? I think they're gonna go with the Walker kid from Georgia. I really do, really I do, wow, because I think Trent likes him.
Speaker 4: I think Trent Balky likes him, and and I think he's he's into like, you know, guys with great measurables, and this kid not only plays really hard, but he's got great measurables. The one they're gonna worry about with Treymon Walker, he's you know, he'll kind of get back there. And I wasn't a great finisher at times, like if I could tackle who knows here right? But who knows here right? Treyvon Walker misses a lot of sacks. He also doesn't have a ton of production, and part of that's the Georgia defense. But you talk about like a long armed guy who can fucking make all those garbage sideline to sideline tackles, who can run people down, who can be disruptive, you can rush him inside. It's really a fit class, Like it's all about the fit. Who's your what do you need on your team?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's why I like Ayden to Jacksonville if they did it from a fit Sandpoints.
Speaker 2: They have Josh Allen, who's a different kind of player. You know, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 4: He's just friend like, he's a little bit more springy, he's a little bit more explosive. I think, honestly, I think Josh Allen was underrated coming out O all pick Yeah no, but he was underrated by people because he played at Kentucky. So I think when you look at those two body types and you look at like the analyticism and this isn't like a white guy shot at a Hutchinson, They're just different, you know, Like hutch isn't isn't like a ten yard split guy.
Speaker 2: And that's not a he's gonna do you run the combine six ten yards? But we're talking about ten yards. Oh I bet it's one six two.
Speaker 4: I think it is one six two, which to me is not like holy shit, Like I don't when I watch Aiden Hutchinson play, he's not like just burning the corner and that's not a slight No, He's different.
Speaker 1: Different body types like JJ Watt is a hall of Fame player. He is not burning the corner on anybody, but he what JJ Watt was really good at was the top of the rush. I don't know if you've noticed that, but like you know, it's it's it's all the sacks that we would miss.
Speaker 4: We'd win with our hands and get washed. But he has le and like really good like ankle flexion and body control.
Speaker 2: Until he hurt his back, dude, he could still kind of It wasn't like he was just running by guys. But there's only like a couple of guys in the league who run by guys. Yeah, yeah, he's JJ Watt. Well, I never had to play against him, Yeah, I know I have. I mean I haven't played against him very much, and I played against him for six years twice a year. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The only problem is he checks people. He goes down the line, who's having a tough day, no question, and he just I got in fact, my my rookie year, my rookie year.
Speaker 2: He tried me for like twenty five snaps in a row and your boy your own Hey, I did.
Speaker 1: In my head, I'm like, yo, you're lowkey looking now, JJ Watt, right now, in my rookie year and then he left and like since then he's kind of been gone. I probably had like in the last seven years after that, thirty more snaps against him, forty more snaps like he's always he hasn't been the same since he played you.
Speaker 4: I ruined him, And honestly I had the same kind of had Taylor Kyle had the same kind of game against and Dominican su where like as a young player, a guard in Chicago that kind of got drafted to like b lock this guy.
Speaker 2: He was like, you know, he's one of the scariest guys. Like he's not only good, but he's also right. And I really enjoyed meeting him the times I've been around too, I'm like, bro, what did you hate? You hate him?
Speaker 3: Okay, no, he is a gentleman, but the motherfucker he's smart to he's got warm buffett on like his board.
Speaker 4: I love that he's so smart and so like when I was around him, I was like, this guy, could I could do a book club with this guy?
Speaker 2: Like he's going to beat me to death, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So he's a different cat on the I had the same time type of thing where it's like this is a big confidence boost for me. I saw this guy, so all right, tell you, bro, I know I'm super I'm heartbroken about it.
Speaker 2: You want to know what I was? I think just going to show you were you really? They'd always show your clip see you ball?
Speaker 4: All right, buddy, it was great saying as you two dude talk about the draft and then let's kick it some time when we don't have to do this.
Speaker 3: Shout out Georgia Boot, no free shout outs to the boys. Georgia Boot makes super good looking and super comfortable boots so comfortable you never want to take these boys off. These boots will hold up in any condition without sacrificing comfort or style. Think of it like the comfort technology of an athletic shoe packed into a great looking boot. I don't know if you guys catch the Bust and Spring Football Tour. I'm sure you guys did. It's all over YouTube, It's all over the stuff that you can go watch. But I wore these Georgia boots everywhere we went to Nebraska, Michigan, Tennessee, Acme feed in seed. I wear them around the house. I wear them when I'm grilling on the fucking grill. Dude, whether you're working on your feet all day, working around the house, grilling with the boys, these boots won't sacrifice comfort or style. Head over to georgiaboot dot com use code busting BUSSI in for a generous twenty percent off from the boys.
Speaker 2: To you like you guys.
Speaker 3: You guys run into the block and pass rushing stuff. So that's more of like a like I said back, but I'd love to talk about podcasting.
Speaker 2: Bro. Let's talk about it. Bro, that's the meeting of the mind. How do you feel about it?
Speaker 3: Because I was listening to you earlier and it's like the same transitions I'm sitting there, Like you're actually working with people who use email and organizing and a way more structured and you hire people that understand that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't feel like we do as much going into it, and that's something like we've learned.
Speaker 4: I think the problem is, like these guys will probably tell you, we're so like built on trust, Like when you're on a team, you got to like so I think the hardest part is like building trust among each other that you know, we know first, like what the protocols are, like kind of how we get content out like how things get done, and then like actually, like can we all handle our responsibilities? And I got some hard working guys that answer the bell every day, so like I trust them, you know. But at the same time, like I have, I have like a way I like things done, and and I'm also learning to do all the little things that you didn't imagine doing as a podcaster. So if you like everything done the way you like get done, you also have to try to get into those spaces and learn those skills.
Speaker 2: I think it's really fucking hard, dude. Yeah, and if not, you got to.
Speaker 4: Understand, yeah, what the people who are actually doing exactly. And the good thing is, like you said, like you trust your guys. I trust my guys, you know. Like, so you know, like you work towards a place where you don't have to do as much. I think when you're getting some off the ground, if you want it done the way you want it done, like you have to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I see you doing a lot of things, you know, on your own, and I think that's what's really cool about you, is like you not only podcasts well, but you also run a like kind of an operation well, like you know, what I mean, Taylor's playing sometimes like you're fucking and you got to handle.
Speaker 2: A lot of shits. And that's the hardest part is not the fucking this dude, isn't that crazy. I feel like a lot of like that's what's not really understood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like even as podcasters going into it, like I don't feel like we like I know, for me, I didn't think it took like all this kind of work.
Speaker 2: So I'm reading books and shit or like leadership. You sent me one of the books. How is it? I haven't ordered it yet. I was gonna say, I don't know. I remember sending it to you, know you recommended it. Yeah, well you might have been high. So I got another one. I got another one for you.
Speaker 4: Okay, I send it to you though, but the chances are right I should get through the first one because I'm not a big book reader.
Speaker 2: But when I did see the title, I was like, traction. I was like, that's cool. You told me it. It kind of taught you how to like be a leader. And that's the thing, dude. You're a leader.
Speaker 4: You're a leader in the NFL like special teams guy, but you're a fucking leader, like mats.
Speaker 2: On Special teams guys. Yea in your career special teams.
Speaker 4: Guy, like you were a captain as you know, like people in Tennessee, Like you weren't playing every down in Tennessee, but like people every from every corner of the locker room gravitated towards you because you have like a little bit of it, dude, Like you got charisma and ship and like you're fucking real guy. But that doesn't translate necessarily to like the business world.
Speaker 2: It does in a way that like you know how to.
Speaker 4: Work and be a teammate, but leadership doesn't necessarily translate to the business where you have to learn how to Like we have a funny joke where at who's here, Like we had this big meeting.
Speaker 2: It's not that big, it's just a meeting.
Speaker 3: And I.
Speaker 4: We had a podcast the next day and we did this airing of grievances, which is fun. Like you guys should try that sometimes if you guys are like have you're mad at each other for shit?
Speaker 2: You just turn the mics on and talk about it. And Matt was like, I have one, and I was like, what is it? He's like in the meeting yesterday, you called us all motherfuckers, and I was like, holy shit, I did hold on a second, no, I know, and I motherfuckers. This one hold on the funniest it is. I go, god damn that was.
Speaker 4: I was like, I don't remember that, and I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings or whatever, but like what was the context?
Speaker 2: And he was like, well, you said you guys are some hard working motherfuckers. I'm like, that's a fucking compliment I come from.
Speaker 4: If I call you a hard working motherfucker, if I call you a motherfucker, like that guy's.
Speaker 2: A motherfucker, you're a motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: Hey, if you've blocked that kid from fucking Iowa, he's a motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: And it's just like, I know, we can talk like that, and we were kind of joking, but it is tough, like you got to adjust your like cadence and kind of like how organized you are and like you can be a leader on the football field without having real world leadership skills right.
Speaker 3: Right right and keeping like I think for me, like you want you want things done a certain way, and then it like if it wasn't you more so have to go like I felt for me, I had to go like more internal, like why am I getting so upset about this? If I want to done a certain way, maybe I need to communicate better Like your EQ I feel like has to go up, no questioning in the seat of like doing operative stuff.
Speaker 2: We're bad textures.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you are a bad texture, but like I think I think I've been a fla Okay, I was trying to say, like I didn't want you to be like, well, that's not that fucking weird. But I'm a terrible texter. I spent years in D line group text like we just text in shorthand. Yeah, like we just don't communicate fully with like what we're what we're trying to say, right, and like for like two years, these guys are reading terrible, you know, edit notes and and like texts and you know, like maybe even emails sometimes yeah, and uh, and I'm just not doing a good job at it. I'm not making myself clear enough, I know. But they also have to say, Chris, you suck at that.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 4: There's definitely like both sides can learn how to get to be that's the dynamic of they're not they're saying they're not criticizing me. Maybe sometimes it's because you know, I'm a big scary football player and I'm not leading the right way because I'm big scary football players.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It's like, uh, because when you text it, if.
Speaker 3: You're kind of like whether it's shallow, short or whatever, like everyone reads it from their own like lens. Like right, you texted me like, hey, man, I can't wait to see tomorrow, like it's gonna be great, and you're like, uh, yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That will get me too. I just mean being unclear as fuck like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's like trying to read your wife's text message back to you and you're on like a trip or something. You know, Like that's that kind of third eye. I feel you, But me, I just don't communicate. Well, I'm just not clear. Sometimes you have to be, if you have to stop and and and ask clearly what you want done?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Right? Right?
Speaker 2: Are you having fun with it? Sometimes?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I mean but sometimes hell yeah, like most days fuck yeah. But like honestly, I don't know if you ever feel a little burnt out, like fucking having a talk every day.
Speaker 3: I think the more we felt burnt out was more of like probably these last couple of months, like doing the whole Bust and Spring tour, just because we're around each other a lot. You're running pods, like last week we did a pod like every day I was by the end of it with the new baby. In fact, that played into it a lot. But you're just kind of like worn down from having to talk so much because you only have so many like things to say and jokes through with that week.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't know how you're You're you got to be running on fumes, man, so much respect getting all this stuff done, but like, yeah, it's hard, and I think the hardest part is like when you got to talk every day, you're not impressed with your own bullshit, so you got to like actually believe your own bullshit, which is not bullshit.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that. I see what you're saying.
Speaker 4: I'm saying like I'm not I'm imagining being in the chair listening me after the third day in around I'm talking.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this is an interesting, right, but it is to people.
Speaker 3: Right, a different audience everything, Like we're always just in front of these guys, right, sometimes they might like they've been grunning last few weeks, like class could get lower or like laughs that we might think we're getting a laugh on it's like, oh shit, was that even entertaining?
Speaker 2: Like we cut that out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you got to overextend yourself sometimes, Yeah, to like try to be entertaining on a day that you're not like there's nothing to talk about.
Speaker 3: Laugh, you gotta be a little more. Yeah, you'll glance at garin Belle. Okay, that was a dude laughing Jack. You've always got Jack in the back. That's when you know you're like if you're on some cylinders, because Jack will give you some love.
Speaker 2: Man, Jack will give you love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, JP, you get praised. So you look at JP and Hill just have like a smirk on his face. The hard you always do. The hard part is like, uh, you know, I think the hardest part is like we're cool, easy going guys. I don't think you're an ego guy. I'm not an ego guy.
Speaker 4: So the hardest part is liking your bullshit, like you know, like the sound of your voice, like what you're talking about, Like like I don't think our podcast, I don't think it's cool, Like but people think it's cool, you know, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: If you ever feel that way.
Speaker 4: It does rip I like, honestly and honestly, if I if I really stepped back and took a week off and listen to our should I be like, this is fucking awesome.
Speaker 3: But you know, it's it's hard to be like, yeah, I like my ship, you know what I mean, Like I understand what hearing yourself? You know, like do I like watching like it's weird that people like this or whatever? Yeah, dude, it's fucking like you'll, I think it's I just think it ripped from the whole perspective thought of it, Like you know, we're running a pie, Like we're on a fucking bus right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean. But then there's the whole like what do you do for a living thing? What what do you do for a living?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I got a podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm a podcaster. I think you're like, Okay, I just meant five other white dads. Yeah yeah, yeah, they do the same thing, like you know, like and then the only way to impress people with your podcast is to flex on them and be like it's monetized, you know, or and I.
Speaker 2: See what you're saying, because I get this.
Speaker 3: It's like I feel the same weird anxieties, like, nah, I gotta now they want to know about it, I gotta kind of talk it up since they don't know about it at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now I think I want to play into the whole white dad podcasting, like make up some title, like.
Speaker 3: Just throw out some bullet about what yeahah self help and make them think like whatever they're thinking, bullshit, some people could could use themselves.
Speaker 2: Help however they're thinking. Allow them to double down on their initial thoughts. Yeah, yeah, you know what, no qu can go and be like yeah, I just had fun in this walk off right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But another thing is like you know, it's just everybody has access, so it's a really competitive space.
Speaker 2: Yeah that is true, And like how much your life do you show? Like I know, I show a lot of my stuff, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like people struggle, Like I know, people have all different opinions on all of that stuff.
Speaker 2: So I feel like that is a thought too. Like Dan who's like very private big cat.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I was gonna say he tweets like he's talking all day long, but he doesn't very private lot unless you got that great unless you got that green star up on Instagram.
Speaker 2: The green star. What the fuck does that mean?
Speaker 3: You're in the friends the close friends, the close friends in the close friends, Yeah, you are okay good. I'll sit there and be like, I know I'm saying something private. Yeah you know what I mean, Like, while I'm honored to be in this. The thing about Dan and PFT.
Speaker 4: The thing about Dan and pf T is I was like the first guest on that podcast, which doesn't mean I'm like anything special. I'm just saying, but it's pretty sick. They knew it was the easiest phone call, like this guy will help us. Hell yeah, but I've seen like that whole thing go down and uh and they've been like so fucking famous. They're famous, bro oh yeah, famous people like you know, he would never want to admit that, but that's a famous person. They're both famous person both famous like people like that's his stick. Podcast is on a sunglass or sunglass on a podcast. Podcast is on a sunglasses. Big Cat has like bits that everybody knows, like it's hard to stay like private and be like, you know, have any kind of life, like if we want to be successful with this like, what does our success look like?
Speaker 2: What's this?
Speaker 4: What's success look like for you here in this bus in the bus, like I'm talking about like in five years.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. You need to read a book about planning your successes. No, no, no, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Thinking, like you said there, don't you feel like you surprise yourself sometimes about where we're like where we're at in the podcasting world. Yeah, but it's like there's a part of there's a cynical part of me that believes, like, you know, we can make something dope. Like I truly felt like we could have these kinds of conversations and people would fuck with it, especially if I'm doing the if I'm doing it while I'm playing and kind of take people on the journey with me. Is like the hard working and the NFL's hard the working man's NFL player, Yeah, that whole stick right. Yeah, And so there's a part that's like, yeah, it'll be sick one day. But the fact that like we're here and actually doing all this stuff and we're doing a live show and we did a bus and spring tour stand up yeah, and people like fucking with our little like one liners or bits I'm having fun on the internet.
Speaker 2: It's just kind of like surreal, Like Dan, this is pretty sick. It's really cool.
Speaker 4: But you've also become You've also become famous during a pandemic now, so like you've been out in the world. But like, I don't know how closed. It was probably not that closed here. There was like a two year period.
Speaker 2: I mean it was closed for you know what.
Speaker 3: We had to phase one, two and three shit, and then once it got to like the the two it was going from two to three, and then once you kind of had to go back a couple of spaces in Yashville that started to piss people off.
Speaker 2: Problem.
Speaker 4: I just don't know, like if five years down the road, like if Success is becoming more popular as a podcast, I'm not crazy about the video component, not for you, because I think it's awesome. I get why people love watching video I fucking love watching videos of this show.
Speaker 2: I love watching videos of like podcasts.
Speaker 4: I like, like the funniest shit is seeing people's facial expressions all that shit. But I kind of don't like where it's going. Where now I have to be like an Internet TV guy. I see what you're saying. That's the part of podcasting that I don't love. If I was just gonna do this and talk to you, and like people were listening in their cars, like you know, how famous could you get? You don't know what you look like? That sort of thing I just think. And that's another thing is like Instagram. It's like you got to use your Instagram, you got to use your Twitter, Like you just can't be normal. If you want to be successful with this, you can't be normal. You can't live a normal life anymore. It's not like podcasting five years ago.
Speaker 3: That's all but to that you build up, you build up a platform and audience enough like you won't have to continue to do it all the time, like Big Can and them that like they enjoy like that's sparsal, that's the world. So I feel like if we were down the road and the podcast gets continues to get more successful in like.
Speaker 2: Five years, across that bridge, yeah, I feel like you could.
Speaker 3: Actually look at it for all the work you've put into and you know you're kind of falling back or going into the abyss, but you can calm down because you have such a big enough audience like Big Can and them, they don't have to continue to do.
Speaker 2: All that stuff. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I think he he just loves doing it. He loves the Internet. He loves being a degenerate gambler and speaking with all the fans about it. Also, Tim Ferris, he's a great example, or he's a good example. Rogan doesn't poke like a comedian. Tim Ferrisson podcast, Tim for Our work.
Speaker 2: Week four hour Awesome And I'm just not very online.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Tim as somebody who has it like an extremely successful podcast.
Speaker 2: But he doesn't like tweet and do us if Joe Rogan doesn't tweet and.
Speaker 4: Do all the Simmons doesn't tweet, that's what I'm really Yeah, you're right, and that's what I like to get to. But you know, you make more money on these deals if you can say this is my you know, like on the front end of you trying to be somebody, you have to have the impressions because that's the language people are speaking. Now you sign a deal, it's like how many impressions are you getting?
Speaker 2: But how many different deals you need to get? You don't need to, but.
Speaker 4: If you want your audio thing to become successful, you need the backing. Like if I want good guess that sort of thing, Like you know how it is. It's hard. It helps to have somebody that that fucks with you, that has connections and shit. So it's better to accelerate that if you can. And I get I get that side of it.
Speaker 3: Like me, I feel like like if I could explain the stage that I feel like we're in right now.
Speaker 2: Like to me, I'm in station, I'm in I'm in like college.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like you're like, you know, like you got a shot to be in the NFL, but you gotta work your dick off to try and like get to that NFL. Like so like all the monotony of like having funnel I'm social on the Internet and the conversations and all the relationship building.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm in that that that college football load. I just got burnout. I got burnout last fall. I get burnout in the fall. And like you took a hiatus picks winter once yeah yeah, yeah, but I got burned out in general. We were doing three shows a week and I'm doing Amazon and I know, like NFL media people are like the fuck here, but like we produce the show, Like I booked my own guests, you know, I do a lot of our own shit along with this awesome team, but like we're in there grinding. Like read of our producers. I think one I stopped paying attention one fall. He's working like seventy hours a week.
Speaker 4: Like like we're grinding like cause we're trying to keep up with the the you know, the daily shit, right, which is a little bit of a life handcuff. So I can get burnout doing that. And some NFL media people are like, that's the deal you made, Like we all made this deal. But sometimes I'm just not crazy about the like everyday part of it.
Speaker 3: But you're running the whole operation versus those guys are kind of like, yeah, they're being the town.
Speaker 2: They're showing up the knot question with Are that's what they went to school for?
Speaker 3: Maybe not, I mean obviously not all of them, but that's been their passion for I pay myself.
Speaker 2: It's it's a nice Yes, it's good. Little do you want to get into like more of a daily show thing? No? You talking about being burned.
Speaker 4: Out a little bit more maybe a little bit more like maybe a little bit more with less work, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like if somebody came to us and was like let's let's.
Speaker 4: Have you guys do a YouTube show like McAfee's got a nice McAfee's done a really good job of like a template for what a lot of people can be, right, which I think why a lot of media daily show No I know, but that's what I'm saying, Like he's found a way to do that in a very easy, effortless way. I'm not that that takes a lot of hart doesn't take a lot of hard work, but that guy also does a lot of other shit too, love Bro. He does the most right, so he's just he leaves no tread on the tires, bro, which is the way to live life. But I do think, you know, like the show, if you can get it to a place where it was. I got a bunch of my buddies in the room. We have guests lined up for Tuesdays and Thursdays like we do or Monday, Wednesday, Friday. It's a thirty minute YouTube show or something. You don't have to go three hours, would do something like that. Yeah, it's just a lot of work, dude. You know after the season we do shows on Sunday night. I know Big Cat and them do that that way. But like the games wrap up. We finished with our work at like three am, four in the morning. I don't sleep till four in the morning on Sunday nights, so I'm fucked up all week, like just tired, dude. You know, it's like weird. You barely see your kids for a couple of days. I'm like to do what to make less money than I made playing football? Right, it's still making really good money. I didn't think it would be good or didn't think it'd be bad, but it's a grind, dude. Yeah, you probably identify a little bit of this stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I think it is. It is insane that you guys are able to do that, like stay up till the we are as a night to do all the football. So everybody does like, pardon my take us all the writers do I know, But I'm like, I don't want to.
Speaker 3: I didn't you know that you you get to come out from a different angle, like you got you got that you had a nice long career in the NFL, you got paid a couple of times. Like I feel like that kind of places away, Like I don't have to be fucking Why am I beating myself down like this?
Speaker 4: Because you're because ultimately the good moment. It's just like the NFL. Just like the NFL, because some days you're like, why are we doing those? But like you do it for the fun moments, like.
Speaker 2: The really good laughs, like dudes, just like the locker room atmosphere of like you guys, it's so fucking The cool part is hanging out. I think that's all. I think.
Speaker 4: It's like the coolest part is having a little locker room that you come into every day where you have a really abnormal job, and that's the best part, like knowing you have a destination. We're all grinding towards something and the little moments a great guest, a really funny bit, something that makes you laugh every time you guys hear about it, Like that's what keeps you going.
Speaker 2: So I'm not saying I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm complaining like we would in the locker room Coaches and about that's the earlier.
Speaker 3: We were talking about like dad life and stuff like that, and Taylor Taylor said something.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, I mean, dude, I do love it. I just also love bitching, like I love complaining in our DNA funny like you.
Speaker 3: Said, they're like you want to come in and have like the shittiest stories just so you can make some of the guys laugh at the table.
Speaker 2: No question, like well, how was it last night?
Speaker 3: Say, Oh, she fucking sucked, dude, Like I actually thought about leaving her last night.
Speaker 2: You are that guy, right, Yeah, Like I I would make sure I was sitting next to you in the mornings. I was in a really bad I was known to be in a bad mood. Yeah, So like I would have come sat with you to try to cheer for me. Bro, we would have had a great time. I'm talking we'd be seeming at breakfast and come back together. You're cut, Yeah, you're cut? Oh dude, that would be awesome. Mask on here. I can't think of what year it is. You're ten.
Speaker 4: I don't know when you take five years off. Would be year seventeen or something? Bucket dude, Yeah, year seventeen. Let's do it for years package deal. Oh that could be good. Who would we play for? If you could wave one and play for any team? Who would you play for? If I could wave a one and play for any Yeah?
Speaker 2: And like hey, like listen, this is yeah, Oh you gotta go, let's go. You gotta go something I want to finish. We want answer, and let's roll because I probably gotta go Wave of one. It would be it probably be the Packers. The Packers. Yeah, here's why, because you.
Speaker 3: Know the the reason is a lot of my coaches that I've played for over the years are all there. So when I was in Washington, my lineburger coach, Kirk Alavadatti, he is now he's the guy who got me, took a chance on me, who brought me in his room like hey, I made the switch, like you gotta fucking make me right, yeah type of thing, and they like yeah, so.
Speaker 2: I would be in his room.
Speaker 3: But the decordinator there, Joe Barry, he was our decordinator and white guy, awesome dude.
Speaker 2: In Manhattan Beach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, awesome fucking guy. But he's the decordinator there. Matt Lafleur, he was the OC. He was at Washington when I was at Washington, and he was the OC at Tennessee. We were both in Tennessee together and when we played Washington, I was like sitting in the offensive room with him.
Speaker 2: He's like he's like, come in my room and helped me game plan. It's like six degrees of separations. Yes, he's the head.
Speaker 3: Coach and now rich Pisacha who's the special teams and heage coach guy at Vegas.
Speaker 2: He's now the special teams guy.
Speaker 3: Green there, she was at Green Bay that they were just texting me fucking like busting my balls about fatherhood and I'm sending them photos of my little girl.
Speaker 2: Yes, say, but if I could wave a wand it would be fucking green Bay lip that clip that because you get him going. Yeah, Well, I like it when people when I'm on my pod and I don't have to ask questions.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't feel like Taylor don't really take a whole lot of He won't take a whole lot.
Speaker 2: Of interest in that. He won't take a whole lot of interest.
Speaker 4: Bro, you met making He's dry as a motherfucker's funny man, I thought you were gonna bring him no doctor fat So Doctor, I want to shout out doctor Fax. Doctor Fax will be with me in uh in Vegas, will be doing the corns light live watches follow doctor Fax.
Speaker 2: What's your TikTok for people? Will you leave this in deal reels on. He's a thrifter. You can check his eBay out too. But I know you're running now.
Speaker 3: Take so you gotta get on TikTok to like I made a TikTok oh yeah, just to recycle my Instagram videos be like fuck yeah, bro, but he's I love Chris because he's a fucking grinder. But I can see I can since the first round first round or listen. I'm just like, man, like I'll try, and you'll try, like Taylor will get super excited.
Speaker 2: Like when we're doing well, just good, You're good.
Speaker 4: You're good at being an entertainer, like and I mean that's a compliment, like you gotta be you gotta want to entertain people. I want to entertain people, but I'm nervous about just trying to be funny all the time, you know, like it's like that's the whole thing, is like all that not all the time.
Speaker 3: This is funny that I'm not being funny right here and I'm just being dry and mad or I'm just bitching.
Speaker 2: I don't want to just be on TikTok like you know, like I don't know what do you what do you do there? You just take your videos and put him on there, Like I probably have three minutes. It might be, is that what people are doing to go viral?
Speaker 3: Hey, but subscribe. Chris Long, he's a fucking SI. You're like, this podcast great, all that stuff. He's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: I love him.