Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys gut.
Speaker 2: Reactions. This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 3: Three slice time for Brooklyn Boys episode to ninety six. Yes, there was the Bougie Bastard song of Extravaganza. Extravaganza, Extravaganza. People seem to like those AI songs they did. They're reposting them, they're making them Instagram stories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone likes them, but you so.
Speaker 3: It's almost you know, well, because they're about me, you know, I mean, I think I'd like them a lot more if I was laughing with them and not, Hey, he laughed about me. To be fair, I wrote one about me as well. Oh yeah, yeah, of course you did Brodie's Degree.
Speaker 1: You played it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah, I can't argue with that anyway. Song speaks for itself. You're just being introduced to us right now. This is the Brooklyn Boys Companion podcast. This is not the main episode. This is the episode commenting episode, commenting on the episode, right yeah, it's the episode after the episode that we did talk about the episode before this.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So, if you want to get in the conversation, listen to the iHeartRadio app, click the microphone and leave us talk back. And that's what we're gonna do. We're gonna review some talkbacks. We have a quite a few, so we were excellent. Yeah, we got the show on the road. I guess we'll see if all words last episode had any impact on the man.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. I'm afraid to hit this button. Brody, I'll hit the button. Here we go.
Speaker 5: Hey, Brooklyn, boys, you know who the fuck this is.
Speaker 6: I don't even have to say it.
Speaker 5: At this point, I was listening to I Signed with my dad, and my dad was dying laughing about the gold mic, and he wanted me to tell you, scary, that is amazing that you got the microphone that Orson Welles used in nineteen thirty eight to the original broadcast War World. How lucky are you, ma'am?
Speaker 1: So, she's obviously referring to the quality of the microphone, A gentleman, We've got aliens in the in the middle of the control.
Speaker 3: So Engineer Jeff at the big big station, the big show, he is, uh, he's checking it out. Otherwise we may have to ship it back to where it came from and tell them you have to ship that gold mic back.
Speaker 1: Now do I get free dessert on the mic? How does that work?
Speaker 3: What would you what would you like or well, I feel like if you had sold your regular microphone and now had no microphone to use, I would sue for lack of microphone. If you had a big event where you needed it and couldn't use it, I would ask for free dessert. Yeah, but since you're gonna use it on the podcast, yeah, and we're not filming the podcast, it's okay. You have no free dessert on the mic. Because I have to be honest or of the mind. For ten bucks, I'll lie and say you're using it. Oh my god, I called Mike Scary. You look awesome.
Speaker 7: Hey, this is Victoria from Brooklyn.
Speaker 8: Yes, I'm the one who called Scary a brigga, and I stand by your brig Tell me to go fuck myself whatever. Anyway, I just actually wanted to know how Scary made up his name Scary Jones. I just was interested in knowing that.
Speaker 1: That's all. I didn't make it up.
Speaker 3: So my name is Anthony, my last name is Scary, and Scary is uh your last name my last name, So I'm last my last name is my first name. And then Jones was completely fabricated. There was a kid in my.
Speaker 1: Homeroom of the radio station. No high school, brook No, I think it was high school.
Speaker 9: But it was.
Speaker 1: Oh you told me it was a radio name from Brooklyn College. Well, well, I start. I used the name on the radio in Brooklyn. Oh you told me.
Speaker 3: The program director just added Jones to everybody's last names. But that was a kid in high school. A kid in high school would be like, yo, what's up? He would add he would add names. I would be Brody Jones, right, Yo, Brody Jones. Right, he'd go up around, Yo, what's going? A copier guy from SNL right right making copies? So he's like, yo, yo, scary Jones, what's up? So like he would call everyone, he would add Jones to their name. But it was a kid who was in my homeroom of high school or something like that. Was it middle school or high school?
Speaker 10: It was not.
Speaker 3: Remember the kid who gave you your radio name? I did and change the face of American radio as we know it. Joel Avan just came to me. Now that had to be middle school then, man, it was an It was middle school, but I used it in college as my radio name.
Speaker 1: That's how he got it.
Speaker 8: Victoria from Brooklyn again, what David Brody was saying about the Asian woman being called Asia or not being called Asia. I've actually known some African American women who were called Ebony, although I've never heard of a Caucasian woman being called Ivory. But the person who sent you over there should have said, Hey, that Asian woman, that's not Asia, just to give you a heads up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she should have should have she should have did that. She should have said, the black woman is Asia, right, that's my manager. That's why my manager's over there. And I went over, Yeah, it's just awkward.
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, Victoria from Brooklyn. Again, by accident, I told my three year old no way, Jose, and then it dawned on me that I'm not allowed to see that. And then I just asked myself.
Speaker 1: Why why can't I say no way?
Speaker 11: Jose?
Speaker 1: Asked?
Speaker 7: Why can I say? Said Indian style?
Speaker 12: How is that offensive?
Speaker 1: Chris cross applesauce?
Speaker 7: Kind of a world do we live in?
Speaker 1: You already know I.
Speaker 7: Don't get offended by no Way Jose. And I'm Hispanic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I never heard no Way Jose being offensive? Well, no, no, Actually recently I have heard it. She's okay, I don't. Okay, we've gone too far.
Speaker 1: We've gone too far.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 3: I the Indian style thing, I get it because it's like I don't, oh, I'm gonna sit jew style, Like you have to put it in terms of like what your people. It's like, it's like if you said, I'm going to go bargain Italian style, meaning like the mafia would Indian. I get why if any if Indian book, if we're offended for Indian people or Native Americans, if that's what they prefer, that's our problem. But if they don't like it, but they feel like, you know, look, there's nothing wrong with sitting with your legs crossed. I guess they just don't want to be tied to that. They'd rather be doing other things. I guess I don't know. I'm not offended by it, but I'm not Native American. It's like, i'll give you an example. Scary and I are going to have a conversation in episode two ninety seven, and we're going to talk about how we offended someone on episode two ninety six. Not our intention to offend anybody, but apparently we did, so we will explain it and do our best to remedy the situation, but you never know.
Speaker 1: I'll follow it on. I want to know why that.
Speaker 3: I can't say I got jipped out of twenty bucks. Okay, that's a different story. No, it's not a different story because it's it's different. It's gypsy, like a gypsy.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Because you're you're associating gypsies with being people that take advantage of you or rip you off. And I don't think anybody would want to be known as people but who are dishonest? They are gypsies, then they're nomads, they're travelers. I think they're called capitals now, but that could be of any race or ethnicity. No, no, no, it's a group of people and and it's an ethnicity, the gyp ethic. We can go around the playing calls google why jip jipping people is offensive to some? And I still don't understand why no way Jose, which is like saying no way Mike. It's no different than no way Phil. It's just saying no way to a person's name that rhymes like no way. At episode of the Boys podcast, I would play the snowflake jingle here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't understand. I don't get why no way, Jose is offensive. I don't get it. But the Indian thing, I can understand it, but it's not for me to understand or not so.
Speaker 13: Next caller, Hey, fellas Danny the scrum Master player, how you doing? Listen to episode two ninety five Slice time. I think we need to start marketing the podcast more towards some vegans because these licenses, they got too much beef.
Speaker 3: Man, it's not working.
Speaker 1: Out too much beef.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were hoping that the infighting would stop. Yeah, well hopefully, Well here we go.
Speaker 14: Hey, Brooklyn boys is Nick from Washington State. Five hundred dollars, David Brod you know how much grape soda and chicken palm you can buy for this money? Well, it sounds like there's going to be at least ten people who is interested, you know, ten of fifteen or so, So please don't charge me five hundred dollars. What do you have that ton of money? Economy? You know, economy is rough right now, sir. And I'm a good job on that threatening the the tombstone.
Speaker 1: Guy, Oh thank you, Oh scary, we both thought it did. What did I tell people? I would charge them five hundred dollars for I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's why you got to give context to your Hey, Brody, remember when you said five hundred dollars for cheese like something?
Speaker 1: I don't I. It's a week.
Speaker 12: Arendrody, Brody and Scary go Roady Roady got me from Connecticut here. This is a public service announcement to all the slices, more so to a rocking Steve and the guy with the multiple personalities. Come on bright the way, for the love of God, please stop. Don't f with Maddie from Brooklyn with the demeanor as bold as the streets she walks. She commands respect with every step. She's clearly the hbiic of Slice time, radiates massive Big D energy, and she's a beacon of fearlessness.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Not to be confused with Dave Bombs. Who's Big D's energy.
Speaker 15: Hi, Hey, Brody and Scary. This is Joe from California, US, just listening to the talkbacks from this week and h scary try to plug in his microphone. But the last time he tried it on the air, it sound like shit and he didn't test it out before trying it on the air anyway, And by the way, Brody n w a sings for the police, not public Enemy.
Speaker 1: You're right, Oh yeah, Brody.
Speaker 15: By the way, anytime I've ever seen a person named Asia, They've always been black. I've never seen anyone name Asia that was Asian, unless it.
Speaker 9: Was on porn.
Speaker 1: So okay, he says it Asia Carrera. I mean I only said it scary, said it scary. How do you know a Cara?
Speaker 16: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just you know, was on the mask. I learned No, I learned it from you, Brody, I learned from you.
Speaker 3: You talk in fairness? Whoever, let me google who Asia Carra as hold on as second old? Look, Asia Carrera is Asian.
Speaker 1: Look at that.
Speaker 3: I believe nw A uh while we got that got past both of us. Yeah, I public anademy. Yeah, in the public Enemy. I confused it with nine to one.
Speaker 1: One is a joke, right, Brody and scary?
Speaker 9: Scary and Brody.
Speaker 16: It's Lisa from Syracuse, New York.
Speaker 1: Nice, just listening to news.
Speaker 16: Plaicetime for episode two ninety five. And Brody, you are ron. There are two point five four sonameters in one inch, so your three sonameters is a little bit more than an inch.
Speaker 17: That is all.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: It sounded like she said, sodometers, sodomy like sodomy centimeters. Yeah, welly weird accident, all right.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 11: Chuck from Illinois and episode H Slash Time two ninety five about the eighteen and thirty two second mark Regi called in and said that she was thanking Angel for the resacting core idea. You know, if it's you eat it today and then you see it again tomorrow. Well, anyway, Brody said that corn may some that redundant because the Native Americans used to call corn maze. I think you're wrong because it's spelled.
Speaker 9: In me I z.
Speaker 11: They might have called it mice or mice, not maye. That's a totally different word. So no, I think you're wrong, mister Brody, A wrong, wrong, wrong, you are wrong.
Speaker 3: Yes, I guess you never never saw the Argo Corn commercial, which because you call it.
Speaker 1: Corn, we call it maze. It's definitely mays.
Speaker 18: Brodie Scary Dylans scary and knock it off about the record album being type and record album definition on Google says definition's record album one or more recordings issue together. So boom, that's solved that. Some Well, yes, I may sound red on them, but it's not two different words talking about the same thing in a different way. I mean, it kind of doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: This sounds weird, is in my head?
Speaker 18: Slice for Life, keep it up, gues.
Speaker 1: Thank you sir. It's a record. The size is an album size.
Speaker 14: Hi.
Speaker 19: This is Vicky Slice for Life from Cleveland, Ohio, born and raised in New Jersey. I also went to Amsterdam in twenty seventeen and nearly got murdered by a cyclist. So I felt like I had to leave a talk back for the first time I was. We had just arrived my then boyfriend now husband. We were walking down the street and the sidewalk was closed, so I stepped into apparently the bike lane, and some cyclists nearly bowls me over.
Speaker 9: I nearly get hit. I get out of the way and he looks back and.
Speaker 11: Goes not the foot pods.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought's got to be the only country in the world where the pedestrian is not always right. But do you know what scary hates the cyclist in Manhattan. It's reversed in the Netherlands because they hate the people on the street. Yeah, no, really, they really do. They It's almost like you're afraid to walk. Yeah, the screens of Amsterdam is bitching about these these people.
Speaker 1: Walking by get hit at any moment. He's with these walker.
Speaker 3: Lanes, pedestrians, man, pedestrian lane. We're supposed to We're supposed to rule the earth.
Speaker 1: Now even the cause have to like take second second place to the bikes. Yeah, freaking biker mob. Scary.
Speaker 14: This is your one millions reminder to uh bring.
Speaker 2: The fucking ing.
Speaker 1: He's got to point that.
Speaker 2: Hi, they got a check from the Bureau of Prisons.
Speaker 9: I just want you to know that Angel will not be.
Speaker 20: Calling you guys ever again after yell at me and call me the sewer because you listen to you or your podcast.
Speaker 21: Hey yo, back in jail.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, now wait a minute, was that yet another voice? Nah? No, I'll have what he's having though. Yeah, he's pumped.
Speaker 9: Hey Brookland, boys, is me again? You asked for examples of what we found.
Speaker 22: Out about someone?
Speaker 5: Well, I found out that this guy I barely know had cheated on his wife, got the other woman pregnant, and then blocked his friend.
Speaker 9: Who's my best friend, and anyone associated with this friend for some reason.
Speaker 1: Oh wait a minute, what is the story. There is the story?
Speaker 3: There that he blocked people just putting banks. Some chicken got a pregnant. I think that's the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, you know who's coming up. I already heard a preview. I heard a little bit yet.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's gonna be one of those podcasts.
Speaker 23: Six minutes and twenty three seconds into the podcast, you're talking about gasoline.
Speaker 18: Guys.
Speaker 23: If your car doesn't require the high thing gosolene, don't put it in there. Thank you putting it in there, and it's not required by your manufacturer.
Speaker 1: Wasting money.
Speaker 23: Gasoline is not gonna ignite properly. You're gonna fuck up your engine. Okay, it's not a boogie thing.
Speaker 1: What he said.
Speaker 3: It's not a boogie thing. If your car doesn't need the ninety three octane, don't put it in. That's what I will tell you. Some cars that don't require it do run better and have a little more pep to them. Older cars. I can't speak for today's engines, but back in the day when I started driving, if you didn't need ninety three and you put in ninety three, you could feel it.
Speaker 23: The high octane gasoline is for vehicles with high compression engines.
Speaker 1: Okay, remember that all right, it's not a booge thing. Thank you. He's got you there.
Speaker 3: Well, you were the one arguing against me getting the ninety three. No, I'll get against you getting a car that required ninety three. It's bougie, right, But if that's what they told me I needed to put in, I put it. Listen, I go for the cheapest gas possible.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know.
Speaker 3: On the other side of that, I got crushed for putting in eighty seven on my old car and people like, what are you doing putting in eighty seven?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I don't know. It's a lease.
Speaker 3: When did your car require ninety three? They wanted it was suggested as eighty nine. Wait a minute, eighty seven and I was putting eighty seven. Dude, your new car is a lease, isn't it. Yeah, and yet you're putting in ninety three. Well I've stepped up to the plate. I started feeling bad that I'm doing a bad thing to the engine of the car.
Speaker 1: By not putting it.
Speaker 24: Good.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you've repented. Yeah, this is my way of making making amends.
Speaker 10: Hey, Brooklyn boys, Jonathan from pa here non fact that son, uncle and Exxon charge way more per Garland because their top tier at gasoline that they saw some of the best gasoleen out there. My I driving your MD and my car text premium, so I'm always paying four forty to four sixty a galland excellent.
Speaker 1: That's sanity. Yeah, I mean, what are you going to do?
Speaker 3: First of all, I've never read that one gas station is better, guess than other gas stations. But I'm not saying you're wrong because I'm not an expert. But here's what I'll say. Sunoco is cheaper than all the other gas stations in my area. It goes by who owns the gas station, how much they pay for rent, where they're located, what the taxes are in that particular state. It's not it's not excellent four sixty Jesus Christ. Premium in New Jersey's what three ninety more than Yeah, actually.
Speaker 1: It is three ninety. I'm just paying four dollars today.
Speaker 3: I paid three ninety nine for regular gas this week, and I think premium is between three eighty and three ninety four sixty.
Speaker 25: What parkans out Florida. I'm sorry, I'm on scary side with the whole figures about your cars. Hang up with either of the engine does not matter or horsemount, what octane you used. What matters is the combustion ratio, So a any car can take it can take ninety three. But it's very highly recommended that cars of the turbos because they have higher compression.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Okay, So just to be clear, I wasn't saying that my bigger engine and how it related to I was saying I'm able to get more power without having to spend the extra money. I don't need the turbo, right, but I have a car already, so I can't go backwards and trade the car in. Well you will at the end of three years, won't you.
Speaker 9: Do You ever get those bagels?
Speaker 12: So are they better than New York?
Speaker 3: Hold on, I have an update. I'll give the update again on the on the episode when we record. But my four dozen Fairmont bagels from Montreal, Canada are arriving Thursday, nice and I have a dozen for Scary, so I have to get them to you. At some point you wanted Poppy, right, yeah, I got I got a variety. I picked out all the ones they wanted and they sent them to me no charge, baby, So I will let you know no charge they charged you for the bagels though, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, they shipped it to me, and I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: The bagels were no charge at pay of shipping. Okay, so I'll talk to you about that.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 25: Uh, if you guys go to Chevron download their app. I know Brody hasn't had for another gas station. But they give you a dollar off a gallon three times in a row. So for ninety three, it's scary.
Speaker 9: I'm paying. I paid two ninety nine.
Speaker 19: Granted I'm in.
Speaker 9: Florida, much better state.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 25: But yeah, and then you can get points and you can get like twenty percents off a gallon every so often, so it actually is really useful.
Speaker 24: All right, I'm a Costco member.
Speaker 9: I fucking cannot deal with the Costco lines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the Costco gas and BJ's gas like cheaper by like thirty cents.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. They give it away at Costco and BJ's babes giving it away. Who who love freebjs?
Speaker 6: Larry scary uh Nack from Washington State. I love AI content.
Speaker 9: Uh yeah, the lyrics you know a little bit too harsh man.
Speaker 6: This time I got as blink version, the wrong version that was a good one, But can we like have different lyrics not just focused on fake shorts and statement?
Speaker 1: Should I? Should I write about the Olympics? Wait, we write about it?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: No, take him under advisement. Dere brody?
Speaker 3: Enough about Uh, here's a song about how women get paid less in the workforce than men.
Speaker 1: Hit It's scary, it's podcast the times Who You take a Break? Just just seemed like I can't. I can't look. Oh my cousin texted me round it for me. Did they lost? They lost?
Speaker 3: They went the extra innings and lost that the basis voaded one out three and oh count one more bad pitch, they walked the run and they win.
Speaker 1: But they did not. They lost them. You know what, The wind is out of my sales. I don't even want to go see a game, and I haven't even seen one yet this year, I will go to the owner's suite. I won't get me wrong. Well, we're invited. I mean, you know, that's a different story.
Speaker 3: I don't want to get two in the weeds or as they call it inside baseball, which is appropriate here, but I July thirtieth is the trade deadline, and normally, you know you root for your team to add players, but I'm kind of looking forward to them trading away all of the pending free agents and bringing in some prospects and some young talent, and look forward to next year. We're already saying that we're not even in juni yet, we're already saying better luck next year. Well, here's the thing. Almost every team makes the playoffs. So if the Mets would have winned like six seven out of ten, they'll be right back in the playoff hunt.
Speaker 1: It is possible. Okay, it's possible when you wish upon a star.
Speaker 6: Yes, Open boys making mistake the episode two ninety six topic of open merriage couple. This is not exactly just a traditional open marriage because if the guy all of a sudden, you know, screws the guys, and now the lady she's she's still into dudes, but she has other you know, life, so then she has open marriage. But for him, that's something else, that's like him coming out of closet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, there's more to the.
Speaker 6: Sole ideal of open marriage for so many couples is that they will not leave each other and they still love each other. But yes, they now can have different people for different things. That they would like to do in intimacy. So I do not think this is like, oh, it's just you know, an open marriage. This is very complex. I mean, come on, like, all of a sudden, somebody is bisexual and it's open marriage.
Speaker 9: Something in that milk ain't clean.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, open marriages, open marriage, but coming out and you know, saying you're bisexual and not you like guys, nothing wrong with that, but this is not very open marriage situation. I do not think you should you guys should be bringing that person to the podcast. Maybe you guys should talk on a zoom private refers or something.
Speaker 9: If this person is a scariest.
Speaker 1: Friends, yep, he's both our friends.
Speaker 6: This is a special message for Larry David and Larry David only because you were busting your co host balls about events on the beach. Here you go, doctor Fatlaws, doctor Fatlaws, doctor Fadlalls, doctor Firelaws, doctor five Laws. I fucking love doctor fredlaughs.
Speaker 9: Yea, oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: I hope the listeners not gonna put me into a listener's jail or some shiit snaker Washington State.
Speaker 9: Again. I looked it up because I never had.
Speaker 6: BMW, but I know, you know, a few things about vehicles, just because I wasn't service for like some time. It is okay if you put ninety one, you don't need to put ninety three the most expensive one. See if you put ninety one to your BMW you're scary, You'll be okay.
Speaker 1: Trust me, you have a lot of gas stations, go eighty seven, eighty nine to ninety three. There is no ninety one places that I go.
Speaker 3: But okay, Sonoco has the full levels, right, I think, so Ultra ninety four they got ninety four. I think I don't know anyway, four dear rams go to eleven. Well, anyway, thank you for all those commentary on all those topics. I guess we'll talk about the the bisexual open relationship. We'll just that, I guess in the main episode of The Brooklyn Boys next. I just you know, we said what we said. No, I did want to just comment on that call, just briefly. I think he wanted the open marriage because he's bisexual, right.
Speaker 1: Not because he turned bisexual, right.
Speaker 3: I think he wanted the opportunity to sleep with men because in a relationship with a woman, there's no man there.
Speaker 1: So he was like, all right, so I want to occasionally sleep with men, so you do.
Speaker 20: What you want.
Speaker 3: But that doesn't not make it an open marriage. It's still an no double negative. But that doesn't that doesn't make it. That doesn't not make it an open marriage. It's still an open It's still an open marriage. There's all kinds of doors, those kind of the back door.
Speaker 17: Brooklyn from Brooklyn and the Bronx, which is for a loser. Steve listen, homie, I'm not really sure why you're addressing me. Don't speak to me unless you're spoken to. Don't come for me unless I call for you. Stay in your lane, know your place, Learn some grammar and some vocabulary over there.
Speaker 3: Okay, Maddie, Okay, if I could just take this moment to say, for next life time, we would like no retaliation from anyone who just got mentioned right there, right, Okay, let's move on on on from the I'd like to see Victoria and Maddie go at it. Victoria from Brooklyn to Maddie from Queens, some two tough tough ladies.
Speaker 17: Yeah, Brooklyn, boys, is Maddie from Brooklyn and the Bronx. You don't need to charge the bron hundred dollars for a live podcast. I think a lot of us would pay a reasonable price. Why don't you have the first one free? Depending on how many people log in, you can determine what the charge.
Speaker 1: That's the five hundred dollars comment, Right, that's what it was.
Speaker 3: I said, if one hundred people all chip in, then we could we could pay off the platform.
Speaker 1: But if it's only one person, I said, yeah, be five one. I was, yeah, okay, I got it now, thank you, Maddie Brooklyn.
Speaker 17: Boys, it's Maddie. In response to the Slice who was asking about the song this summer, I'm not sure that I necessarily like it, but I think I think it's going to be that song that remixed Tipsy Everybody in the club getting tipsy. Everybody in the bar is now getting tipsy. And it's a country song. Yeah, shahboopy, shahboozy, something like that. I think that's going to be the song.
Speaker 1: It's called a bar song by Shaboo. And she's right, it's a fucking great song. Brody, have you heard it yet? No, I thought SHABBOOZI was named a song that'd be a great name for a song. No, he's the artist.
Speaker 3: He is a country artist and he's rapping, and he's he's he's talking about everyone getting tipsy, everybody hit the bar getting tipsy.
Speaker 1: I don't know Shaboozy, but is he a man of color?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yes, I believe so.
Speaker 3: I'm only asking because you know, some artists of color are accepted in country, and you know Beyonce had a problem. But Shaboozi's got a hit, so I guess it's good. Well, I have not heard it, but I will listen to it as soon as this podcast ends. It's it's actually the first time a black artist has overtaken another black artist for the number one song on the country chart.
Speaker 1: Isn't that crazy? It is crazy? Just took over.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's just Beyonce or from Beyonce? Okay, Wow, Haboozy.
Speaker 1: Isn't that crazy? I think it was?
Speaker 3: Uh, I think he took it from Beyonce. Yeah, craziness. I spelled Shaboozi wrong, It's be Wise Okay. His real name is Collins Obina Chaboozi. Yeah, what a great name to then turn into Shaboozius.
Speaker 1: His last name is pronounce Chaboozi.
Speaker 3: It's spelled There's been much there's been much talk that that could be the song of the summer. However, it's gonna be up against songs like Illusion from Dua Lipa, songs from uh and also the Post Malone and Morgan Wallen's song The Heard, That's good, the Yeah, the I had some help And then everyone's people are talking about Sabrina Carpenter's song Espresso could be the song of the summer.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's catchy. It's very catchy. We're playing the hell out of it on Z one hundred. Well, then then it's your song, as some of them. Right now, I think this is about it. Once I can identify five can now for song of summer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that song is not only catchy. But who doesn't love the name Shaboozi. I think she's right.
Speaker 1: Have you heard the shabboozy song Shaboozie.
Speaker 3: It's got boozing, it's got boozing it right, it's a drinking song and it's got you were like, it's a bar song.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Shaboozie's gotta be like the name of the song.
Speaker 3: The title is a bar song in print by a guy who's got booze in his name, and it predeses Tipsy right by shaboozie, and.
Speaker 17: Holy fucking shit, that's a lot of money to pay for fucking guess bro over four dollars, four dollars and something sense. That's fucking wild. Even if you have a boogie car, most of them don't even require fancy gas anymore. I don't understand it. That's even less of a reason to put fancy gas.
Speaker 1: Where you live.
Speaker 17: All the things, all the things made me so angry in this the amount of money that you paid, the fact that you paid for the supreme gas, and then the motherfucker rounds it. The rounding up is the least your worries in this situation, because, frankly, if you have the money to overpay for gas and to you necessary supreme gas in.
Speaker 1: Your car, it's called premium.
Speaker 17: Fuck you worrying about the twenty three cents four. I get it that it's the principle, but it's also the principle to not overpay for your guess.
Speaker 1: Come on, all right, it's called supreme at some station. Let me respond, and.
Speaker 17: It's okay, okay, but that was just unnecessary. Just go on the corner, my dude, show me a.
Speaker 3: Fucking gas station where you're not paying. Were you paying less than four dollars a gallon and bullshit Jersey, bullshit, bullshit, it's gas.
Speaker 11: Is up, and.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? I paid three thirty four for gas. And again again, I know I have a lease. The wah wah, I know I have a lease, but I'm trying my best to actually do the right thing. The car requires ninety three. Oh, if the car requires ninety three, then you sell it. Well that's a whole other argument. But she's telling me to ruin the friggin engine, the transmission. But he is what you're not factoring in. Listen to her voice.
Speaker 1: It's mad right. She's right. Even if she's wrong, she's right because of her inflection.
Speaker 3: If Maddie calls next week and goes, I'm gonna tell you something right now, the earth is freaking flat, I will believe the earth is Mattie. I love you, Maddie, but it's not so easy to find gas under four dollars a gown where we live, whether do you live even regular? Even regular is four dollars a gown? Would you check out what I told you? Did you look at the gas prices going in the talk versus coming out of the how much was.
Speaker 1: The difference fifteen cents, Now it's thirty cents.
Speaker 17: It's Maddi again. It is scary. I swear to God, don't harass me for leaving a thousand talkbacks. And in regards to the guy who wanted to be on your podcast but didn't bother to learn about it, at first that was like you fuck you, But then he actually gave a pretty good apology. So I guess forgive him as to whether or not you should have him on the show. Make him sign a contract. If he blows up and gets famous, he gets to be on the podcast. If not, you fuck you again.
Speaker 1: No, how about this. If he blows up becomes famous, he has us on his new show. Yeah, it works both ways. Like our friend, is there anything that you're not boogie about?
Speaker 13: Carry?
Speaker 25: You know, regular gas work?
Speaker 20: Just by no, you're very moti works garbage car, Come on, Garry, stop me boogie sifty for gas?
Speaker 9: Ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Seriously, what rock are these people living under?
Speaker 3: What year is motorwork? Is this twenty twenty four? That's the price of gas? No it's not, Yes it is. You're going to the ripoff stations? Bullshit, du dude, New Jersey city.
Speaker 1: I live in a huge metro.
Speaker 3: I don't live where you live out in the freaking countryside. I'm sorry.
Speaker 17: Drive.
Speaker 3: You can drive a quarter of a mile into the less desirable areas of your area, and the gas is a dollar. Let me go waste gas to try and buy gas. That's my father used to do when he used to drive from Brooklyn, New Jersey, because I'm like.
Speaker 1: Dude, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Okay, but there's a difference. The gas in Jersey used to be like fifty cents a gallon light but the governor put they put the tax on it. Yeah, the twenty three cents a gallon tax. They headed back in. Let me say, I'm not traveling and I'm not going to an unsafe area for gas in my Bavarian motor Works car with the top down, with the top down, no, actually the top will be up. They'll just steal the fucking top. That's why the top is down. You top down, Nope, it's gone.
Speaker 5: It's scary.
Speaker 9: This old fucking gass thing is getting me.
Speaker 2: Fucking you too.
Speaker 20: You play a dollar more for gas. On top of it, you're saying it's nominal that you leave your car on Yep. But you say it with twenty fucking three cents. If you're saying it's nominal, the twenty three cents don't fucking matter. Come on, you, bougie, fuck.
Speaker 1: The twenty differences.
Speaker 3: It's the principal Well that was didn't say his name always from him. Don't walk away with my money assuming that I'm just gonna give you that money. If the cost is the cost is the cost that's fixed. I can't help that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Guy pulls up in the BMW with his engine running is getting gassed. He's not gonna miss twenty three cents. That's what that guy's thinking.
Speaker 22: So the halfless show, I say, you have one, and you just roast.
Speaker 20: The shit out of him for not knowing about your great podcast, and see how.
Speaker 22: We can come back at you and make it a good old fun So I.
Speaker 9: Say, you go ahead, go for it. I have the guy come on and see how much laughing we can all do listening to the.
Speaker 26: G all right, Scary and Brittie, Bertie and Scary. I'm not sure which song I like better, but Scary or Bertie. You need to either make one about yourself being a cheap ass or a tight wad or scary. You need to make one about him.
Speaker 1: I'm smart with money. Yeah it's fair.
Speaker 19: Fair is fair.
Speaker 4: You may be a usual at bastard, but he's a cheap ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah that we know.
Speaker 16: Plenty of material for it. It's for Minchester.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Renee.
Speaker 10: What's up frocking boys?
Speaker 9: It's five pa.
Speaker 1: So I really want to do a live show, do your favorite.
Speaker 9: App with Clapper. You can even pat the top tippers for a private show.
Speaker 10: Come on, let's call boys.
Speaker 1: We're thinking about it. He wanted to do a NUDI show on Clapper.
Speaker 27: Hey is Maggie from Miami and commenting on two ninety six scary.
Speaker 14: This is ja boozy ass bitch.
Speaker 27: Nobody gives a fuck what you're pumping in the gas station. Check your manual and see where your car takes.
Speaker 3: By the way, she called you boozy instead of bougie shaboozy, but boozy bastard.
Speaker 13: You are.
Speaker 2: Is Maggie from Miami again, what are these baggies?
Speaker 14: Here?
Speaker 27: Is Mayi from Miami in the tipping thing on two ninety six. Okay, I can't stand when I go to a gas station and I pay for my gas and there's a tipping jar. What the fuck am I tipping you for doing your job? Well, I work at public supermarket, and if I take you to the damn product, I'm expecting a fucking tip.
Speaker 1: It's got a point. That's why in Jersey they pump the gas for you fair enough.
Speaker 27: Tips.
Speaker 24: I don't know if I've told you, but currently I live in New Jersey in a freehold nice and my truck takes a recommend super but I don't, but you can put regular in it. Super is about a dollar and ten a dollar average everywhere. Yes, more yes than regular. And the reason why scary is called takes super is because he has a smaller engine that's higha compression. Brody calls like mine and yours that have a big engines. I have a six point two leter engine. I don't have four hundred and twenty course power engine. It's us regular because it's a big, big engine, doesn't have very high compression like that.
Speaker 2: Cause, dude, yes, those use.
Speaker 24: Very thank you, smaller, much smaller engines, but much higher compression, especially when they have superchargers and turbo charges. Yeah, just arguments. I agree with Brody, back going to the wrong gas station. You never go next to a tunnel or a bridge, especially when you're leaving.
Speaker 1: I live on top of the tunnel.
Speaker 24: Coming to New Jersey from New York. Going between New York from New I used to work. I used to drive into New York every day like you guys, and uh always always, especially over there in Jersey City by the Holland Tunnel is.
Speaker 1: Disgusting, disgusting. This is my neighborhood.
Speaker 2: I live here.
Speaker 1: Where do you want me to go?
Speaker 10: Five?
Speaker 11: Ten games?
Speaker 1: I'm out of the tunnel, not when you go in.
Speaker 24: I promise this is the last talkback I'll leave today because I know I hate when up people leave four.
Speaker 9: Five, six talkbacks.
Speaker 24: But Brody, you're also right out running your engine while you're filling up.
Speaker 28: Thank you.
Speaker 24: Has nothing to do with wasting gas. That has everything to do with the fact that when you fill when you fill your car, it's moving sediment around that settles at the bottom of your tank, which can make its way into your engine and actually destroy your engine. Same goals for when they're filling up the gas station itself.
Speaker 3: There you go, better explanation. I couldn't ask for okay sediment, But as far as as far as me putting unnecessarily putting expensive gas in my car, my gas.
Speaker 1: He explained that perfectly as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, but did he say does your book does your owners Manual say recommended or required?
Speaker 1: I have to go back and check. I want to check. That says ninety three, but I'll go check.
Speaker 29: Yeah, enough of this, okay, I'm gonna tell you why Brody is the king of all parodies like and he will always be, thank you, the king of bo parties. When he worked for Zoo one hundred, they wanted to come over with the jingle to say he's wrong, like Brodie is wrong, And after they came up with it, he wrote his own jingle like a better one's right to play.
Speaker 13: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: That's right. If you're gonna insult me, the better be standards. Yeah, I remember that. Thank you for remembering that.
Speaker 22: Bee boys, Christy from Saddlebrook, how's it going? So you both need to come to Saddlebrook because regular is three dollars and twenty eight cents and super Warry, I'm sorry to say is three dollars.
Speaker 16: And sixty seven cents.
Speaker 1: I told you so.
Speaker 22: Your first mistake was going to an ex sound station. Your second mistake, which everyone knows, gas is always higher at an orifice. Oh maybe I should rephrase that.
Speaker 1: Gas.
Speaker 3: Okay exactly, let me let me travel an hour to Saddlebrook for my gas.
Speaker 22: Christy Ladbrook again.
Speaker 9: Next topic.
Speaker 22: I'm a big believer in karma and what you put out you get back. The peep Pop guy. He apologized, so forgive him and I agree with Brody. Let him on your podcast. Also, Brody, fantastic job on the jingles. My favorite number six, followed by number one, very upbeat, awesome, thank you, very great, thank.
Speaker 1: You to point out that number six was about David Brody. Thank you.
Speaker 21: Yeah boys, m Jacob NJ the gayest saying what the hell you gave him a tip twenty percents? They want fucking tips now too, No tip for you, okay, I love you guys. Also parodies holy shit right at the end.
Speaker 3: That was so cool.
Speaker 4: I love it, bougie bathing suit.
Speaker 21: The one I really liked was like the Blink one eighty two one.
Speaker 5: I like that one, and then the David Brody won right at the end.
Speaker 21: For two Yes, the parody at the end, the Blink one eighty two parody of two ninety six.
Speaker 16: That was hilarious.
Speaker 21: I like that version with the debate and suit and bougie bastard that's freaking hilarious, and the David Brody one right at the end.
Speaker 30: Thank you guys for making me laugh.
Speaker 21: You guys, keeep it up.
Speaker 16: It's hilarious.
Speaker 11: Love you, right.
Speaker 3: So MJ from NJ went through a period of time where she would do the first call and then the second call, thinking she got cut off, but she wasn't cut off. She would repeat the second half of the first call. But then she went into a phase where she kept saying is this on?
Speaker 1: Is this working?
Speaker 3: Remember that we had a couple of weeks which she was like, I don't think this is recording. It's good to see that she's now trusting it. It's recording. But went back to the second call, repeating the second half of the first call. Right, but we still love you to death and I'm so glad you like the songs.
Speaker 28: Brody featuring Scary is William from Atlanta. I just want to talk about eight bucks in the parking lot. Yeah, it's the principal thing scary, right, just like the dollar six you all over Brody's ass about just drop at your cheap best. Thank you of your fucking mouth. Do you want to talk out of there, Bud, it's the principal. Dollar six is a principal two.
Speaker 3: Figure it out, and twenty three cents to the gas station is less than a dollar six.
Speaker 1: You fuck you.
Speaker 3: But the dollar six was that was a little different. That was going to go into the pocket of somebody. No, or a chip to the restaurant.
Speaker 1: But you needed you needed them to give you the dollar. You needed that in order to leave a tip.
Speaker 3: No, because again people called in most restaurants can ring up a penny or a dime. He brung up a dollar and charged me to But in order for you to do the tip you they needed to ring up a dollar six at that restaurant in order to give you the pump out of your car. And this was this was this guy that was just I'm just taking the guy's money and not even tell him about it. I think that guy did dollar a little bit of a difference. You gave me twenty three cents. It would have been fine.
Speaker 1: You gave the guy permission to ring you up.
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 3: I said, ring me up for a penny, and he didn't ask my permission, rang me up for a dollar plus time.
Speaker 1: I still find it a little different, little different, of course you do.
Speaker 21: Who's hi to ninety six m J from NJ with depression and take one?
Speaker 7: Do's the Book of Boys?
Speaker 21: Podcasts may cause excessive laughter, incontinence because you pee your pants, side aches from laughing so hard. Some of the side effects which we can't mention.
Speaker 1: Oh you move some weight.
Speaker 9: Fuck tips.
Speaker 21: You guys are great, keep it, keep it up and no fighting. Slices and slice its thanks. I like the slice it t shirt idea from Nick I can't remember who bye.
Speaker 1: Thank you? Nice coming back. I'm Jeff NJ.
Speaker 30: Brody and scary, scary and brody.
Speaker 8: It's Dez.
Speaker 30: I'm commenting on the bisexual open swinging marriage. That is the wildest thing I've heard in a minute. I mean, swingers in and of itself for me is wild.
Speaker 14: I mean, hey, you do you?
Speaker 1: I don't care what people do.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 30: But at the end of the day, I just have so many questions. This reminds me of the can joined twin story. You know, do you watch your partner do your friend?
Speaker 9: Do they do you?
Speaker 2: Do you join in?
Speaker 30: Is it like what happens here? I just have two minute questions guys. It's just some of them will never be answered. I don't know, continuing, not quite sure how that works, guys. Someone needs to have this person on the podcast. I know you guys won't say what is yet, but if they can answer some of these basic questions, it would be fantastic.
Speaker 1: I've left no hot works. You do you sexually? People can do whatever they want. I don't care.
Speaker 2: It doesn't bother me at all in the least bit.
Speaker 30: What people do with their own sexual lives is their own business.
Speaker 1: That's how I see it.
Speaker 30: So whatever, But I love the bougie parody. By the way, that was fantastic. Brodie scary. Sorry, man, but you're bougie Wanda?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Dez.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: She got through that in two talk backs.
Speaker 3: By the way, I've got a swinger's topic for next for the next Brooklyn Boys of a TikTok.
Speaker 1: I saw mind blown. Hold, good afternoon.
Speaker 3: This is chad form OBIHO, and I wanted to call in and let you know that I'm really.
Speaker 2: Very much enjoyed Jingle number one.
Speaker 1: It's sounded so fun and I think it can be the new song of the summer.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty four, and I also wanted to send a big shout out to all my haters out there.
Speaker 2: I love you. Have a great day, bitches.
Speaker 3: Hey, If my my bruisy bastard song it becomes the song of the summer, I will change my name to CHABRONI Sha.
Speaker 4: Brodyrony Brooklyn boys, what's up at your boy?
Speaker 10: Mike?
Speaker 4: Originally from Manhattan with Stintson, Brooklyn and Queens, now out of Nashall County, Long Island. Going back to episode two ninety five, Asia, Well, I'm Asian, and I don't sound like I don't look like any I sound but even I know nine nine outs ten times, if I'm looking someone name Asia, it's gonna be someone that's non Asian. The only reason a person's gonna well, hey, what's up a seaboard Mike? Only way Asian person is gonna have to name Asia is if its triple porn?
Speaker 9: Me right? So oh thing?
Speaker 1: And another thing is uh.
Speaker 4: For a slice time for two ninety five? Brodie, You're wrong, damn it. Grammar police for the police wasn't by public enemies. It was by a state of part three yep. So if it was public enemy, it be a lot different and part three. Yeah, so if it was by public enemy, it would be like for the police. Yeah, boy, that's how it's gonna go, right. So uh yeah, So that's till I got and Hey Maddy, digging your voice, digging an accent, love you.
Speaker 1: Matty can do no wrong. Love connections right here on the Brooken Boys podcast. People like that.
Speaker 31: First of all, my audio quality is probably gonna be shit because I'm driving. Second of all, in regards to the prices going into the tunnelvers out of the tunnel, yeah, the gas prices.
Speaker 2: I think I could I could have worn.
Speaker 31: I heard it already on this podcast. So it's mind boggling that Scary doesn't remember because he remember hearing it on the podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna go back.
Speaker 31: I'm not gonna listen to two hundred and ninety five episodes again, even though I love it, but I'm not gonna go back and listen to it to see which episode you talked about it. And the second thing was Brody. I think I think most of the places actually, I think exon We're Mobile, which is one company by now where Scary was. I think they charged the same rate for credit card and cash nowadays, at least most places in New York, about in New Jersey, but most places in New York they charged.
Speaker 1: Some some gas stations do charge. She does so I think on a mobile, not all the time. Now, well, all right, those are your slices, your talkbacks for this week.
Speaker 3: So thanks, thank you so much for your participation, Thanks for all the compliments to the AI songs. I'm not shrift, will be AI songs this week. I think I'm gonna give it a rest for a week and then bring them back hard. Prior to episode three hundred, ooh, it's a anniversary song to me boy. Maybe episode three hundred.
Speaker 1: We'll see, we'll see in a few days.
Speaker 2: Reactions This podcast all depends on you, baby
Speaker 9: Three