Speaker 1: Second date up dated the way that trends go. It's interesting because I'd say, lately, with the calls that we've been getting for second dates, people seem to expect way more than they used to just a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: You mean, from like a relationship or from a first date or a first date.
Speaker 1: We can't seeing people stay single waiting to find the right match because the options just aren't good enough.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like it wasn't magic the first time you met someone.
Speaker 1: They want to be impressed right away or they're not even going to waste their time, okay. And that's why our listener today, Ina says she only goes out with high value men.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: We'll find out in a SECONDO, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Actually it is, oh sorry, yeah, okay, high value. I mean the first thing I think that comes everybody's mind is just like a dollar symbol.
Speaker 2: Is that what you mean?
Speaker 4: I mean, like not necessarily all about money, but I want to go with a guy.
Speaker 5: That knows how to cheat a woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and knows how to pronounce your name properly in the first five minutes. Like if this was a first date, you already would have asked for the check.
Speaker 2: I he that you better have asked for the.
Speaker 1: Check, because yes, because I'm high value and I would never let I know. We're all learning lessons here, but let's learn more about the guy that you went out with. What's his name?
Speaker 2: Okay? What was high value about Corey? From his I'm guessing dating profile.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm at a online and like I thought, we can act. He looked a part totally like nice outfit, like his car.
Speaker 1: This is a little bit superficial.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm starting to think high value is less about how they're treating you and more about how much money they have.
Speaker 5: I how you think that.
Speaker 4: But like he also had pictures of him traveling, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And Okay, his life is okay, Okay, lifestyle is needed.
Speaker 3: First, there's a guy who posted him like drinking with their friends in abasement on their profiles that.
Speaker 2: She's looking for someone who has interest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he also does skiing and golf, so he's like super active like that, and also.
Speaker 1: Those are very rich hobbies.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but whatever he's we're not going to money shame him.
Speaker 1: And that's what's the most important. So did you end up going out with him? In person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we went out for drinks first, and I told him like, if drinks went while, we.
Speaker 5: Could go on to dinner. If not, we can just be friends. And I'm just there.
Speaker 2: Wait, you told him that. What did he say to you?
Speaker 4: Honestly, she was fine with it.
Speaker 3: Maybe he was the same, Okay, I mean that's a good point of lexis, like maybe he didn't want to waste the time money, why dinner.
Speaker 1: Have you ever gone out with a guy and after the first like thirty minutes of drinks you gave them a no? Oh yeah, oh really.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it's happened more than once.
Speaker 1: But you don't feel guilty about turning these guys away?
Speaker 5: No, why would I?
Speaker 2: Honestly, that is a great attitude to have in one that I do not have three hours. I'm a total pleaser.
Speaker 1: What happened in the first thirty minutes of drinks with Corey?
Speaker 4: But recently we went to speak Easy, you know, like a really upscale, fancy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where the cocktails are always like thirty.
Speaker 1: Two dollars, Yeah, high value cocktail.
Speaker 2: You can't find the door, but we'll charge you more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I gives a circle, So that sounds kind of nice.
Speaker 4: So we had like drinks and after thirty minutes, like I gave him jumped up saying let's go to dinner, you know, because it was going well.
Speaker 1: All right, you passed the first test.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I felt like he liked me.
Speaker 4: So we went to a French restaurant for dinner after you are chance.
Speaker 2: Okay, what were you connecting over?
Speaker 4: Honestly?
Speaker 5: Just like how fancy everything was?
Speaker 2: Oh that's what you connected over.
Speaker 1: That danding? Okay, what about connecting with Corey himself as a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's where I'm at.
Speaker 4: Jeff for me and like he has a good photographer, give him my phone making pictures of me for social media with the food.
Speaker 1: Oh, I will admit I'm a terrible photographer. So Corey has one up on me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was cool taking photos of you. Like, what was his reaction when you asked him?
Speaker 5: No, he was he was cool because it was a really cool plant and like the lighting was perfect, amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I ask you did we go on a date? Because I'm mister, take a picture of food, use me for my money, let's do all this And I don't know, I just feel.
Speaker 2: Like, are you hitting on her. I can't tell you.
Speaker 1: No, I feel like this is not an issue at all. I feel like this is a great date for you. Your jose is perfect. Woman jo already calling go south with let core. This is probably rude to ask here, I know, but I just want like a ballpark idea, Like how much at this point in the night do you think the date has cost so far?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean I didn't seat for it, but like I'm assuming dinner plus like the drinks was upwards of maybe three or four hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow, are you, Jeff?
Speaker 2: Are you theorizing that he just can't afford.
Speaker 1: To take her on the second No, he can't afford it in maybe two years when he saves up for the next time and then he again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm looking for a high value man. So if you can't keep up, I'd like to know today the answer.
Speaker 1: We'll get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 1: How did the fancy date end?
Speaker 4: So at the end she walked me to my car, I told him I had a nice time, and I don't kiss on the first day.
Speaker 5: A lady does not do that, answorry.
Speaker 1: So did you go for the kiss and you told him that? Or how did that come up.
Speaker 5: He is lingering, But I told him that's my role. I'm a high value woman and she needs to know that that's a value of mine.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like that message came across pretty clearly the entire night. We all value you already, all of us. Now, what's happened since that date happened? How long has it been? Have you stayed in contact?
Speaker 5: He ever answered me? He ghosted me completely.
Speaker 2: Has that happened to you before?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 1: This is why she's calling back. You know what, You're lucky. I know that you reached out to a high value radio show. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Does she contact someone before us?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So I'm sorry you have to settle for our show, but we're gonna do our best for you. We're gonna come back. We'll call Corey and try and get you a second date update right after this.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Hold on second date update. You know what I love about this show. I learned new things every single.
Speaker 3: Day, really like about how people live and date.
Speaker 1: Totally, Like in part one of the Second Date, I learned a high value man doesn't necessarily mean he has a lot of money. It just means he has fancy clothes, expensive hobbies, travels the world regularly, and drops up words of four hundred dollars on a first date.
Speaker 3: That's right, Josh, you can hitchhike all that.
Speaker 2: That is not superficial.
Speaker 1: No, he might as well be a starving artist for all the subtle value that he was showing to a on the date first class auditions.
Speaker 2: We're joking.
Speaker 1: That's what we learned about Corey, and now we're going to learn why he's not calling Aina back. How you doing? Are you comfortable over there? Can we get you anything? A perier with lime, perhaps the.
Speaker 4: Sparkling or flat you have if you're offering okay, Brook.
Speaker 3: Of course only Jeff would be able to drop out.
Speaker 1: Brook's gonna put the order in on Amazon, so that should arrive at your house. So sorry to be basic with the limes. We should have done cucumbers or something, you know.
Speaker 5: What I mean?
Speaker 4: Okay, you better.
Speaker 1: We're trying to learn how to be high value.
Speaker 3: I gave up on that a long time, but I like you makes you know what you want, You're going after it.
Speaker 1: And let's hope that Corey feels the same way. And it's just a misunderstanding. I'm gonna call him right now here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking for Corey.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is Corey who's calling.
Speaker 1: We are a morning radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Did you say all like you're like let down?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I don't know if I'm the guy who you want on the radio guys.
Speaker 1: Well, no, are you offensive ready? We got a specific request from somebody to reach out to you because you went on a date with this person the other night and they had a really good time with you. Her name's Ana.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, I know An?
Speaker 1: Did you just you did? You made the same exact sound that you did when we told you were a radio show.
Speaker 2: Us.
Speaker 6: I don't get calls from radio stations every day. I got stuff to do. I mean, I'm sure you guys they're all cool. That's no No.
Speaker 1: What I meant was, why did you make that sound when we mentioned her? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I'm just like a little bit confused.
Speaker 1: Yeahstand okay, you're getting a random call. Well what if I told you that she really really wants to see you again and go on another date with you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, she doesn't want to go out with me again.
Speaker 2: It's so weird.
Speaker 3: It feels like you even started the call like, you don't want me on the radio, She doesn't want me.
Speaker 2: People want you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm telling you to help us understand what you're feeling right now. Why do you say she doesn't want to go out with you because she told us about the date and her review of it was pretty glowing.
Speaker 6: All right, that's nice to hear, But.
Speaker 1: You don't seem honored real talk.
Speaker 6: I mean, I know, is is hot? I mean, but yeah, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, did we know, we know, we know you can you can do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys are so weird. Okay, what what about her being hot?
Speaker 6: She's that, but I could tell that she was like not only going to cost me money, like big money, but I would probably spend the rest of my time with her being like her personal Instagram photographer.
Speaker 2: She told us that you took a really good picture of her.
Speaker 1: Welcome to being in a relationship with a woman. That's what you're signing up.
Speaker 2: I never let my husband take pictures. She's horrible at it, and he does it for a profession. He takes the worse pictures he does. He's like so tall and it's always like pictures. Case.
Speaker 1: I like how you took that opportunity to put your husband down trying to do.
Speaker 3: Something he's It's not a personality flaw.
Speaker 2: It's just the truth.
Speaker 1: Okay. Anyway, what do you feel You felt like she was just using you for your camera skills?
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, I mean it's like she's this influencer or something. I mean I was taking pictures of her by the statue, and her by the fountain, and her by the window, and her with her dinner. I mean it was all just like too much.
Speaker 2: So how many pictures do you think you took in one evening?
Speaker 1: I don't know, it doesn't well, she told us, She told us the only reason that she wanted so many pictures was because the place that you chose was so cool and she wanted to document.
Speaker 2: She didn't say that she took that many.
Speaker 1: Well, we didn't know that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you would have been bad at it the first time, you wouldn't ever had to take one again.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's on you, I mean maybe.
Speaker 6: I mean the place was cool, the drink place was cool, to speak easy was cool, the frank restaurant was cool. Everything was was cool. But it was a lot of money, and I felt this night is going the way it's going, so I needed to even it out.
Speaker 1: Does that mean even it out like you had her take photos of you all over the restaurant too?
Speaker 6: Nah? Not really, man. I saw how deep I was getting into this date, and so when she left me her phone to take like more picture for some reason while she went away to the ladies room, I opened her Venmo and took what I thought was a fair cut of the bill and so money from her.
Speaker 1: Never heard of girls doing this.
Speaker 6: Even it out. I wasn't feeling it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you hear that other voice. Oh my's on the other line right now listening to this.
Speaker 6: Oh come on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, are you for real?
Speaker 6: Are you for real? Why am I talking to you? Yeah, I'm defending it. It's not like she was gonna split the bill or anything. I mean, it was just this. It turned from a date into a job.
Speaker 1: Admit though it's a high value job, one that she respects a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I didn't apply for this job. I mean it just sort of got sprung on me.
Speaker 2: We were getting into it.
Speaker 3: I mean, she seems like what you see is what you get with her, Am I right? I know, like you sound like you were clear on what your expectations.
Speaker 4: Were, Yes, I was, and honestly, like, there are a lot of guys that want to go out with me exactly.
Speaker 1: Nobody asked, wants to take picture, wants to spend money on. We thought you were upset about the account thing, but you.
Speaker 2: Didn't even she didn't even notice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you heard that, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I heard it. I just opened that Venmo and I thought, right now.
Speaker 2: How much? Really, how much did he venmo to himself?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, he took one hundred and fifty dollars from me.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty penny.
Speaker 2: I mean, private photo shoot costs. It's kind of I just can't believe you don't feel guilty at ally?
Speaker 1: Do you have a problem with that?
Speaker 6: Don't Why not cut it off? Like even it out? Like I said, I mean, if we ended up going out on another date, it would have been an even more spends its place.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you're such like a if you're such a big guy, why didn't you just man up and ask her to split the bill with you?
Speaker 2: I mean, that is the right thing to do.
Speaker 6: Fine, if we were in that situation and I asked for half the bill, would you have given it to me?
Speaker 2: Now we go.
Speaker 1: Take that Brook such a high value answer. He knows what he's worth. Two.
Speaker 2: In the end, these two high value people end up sounding pretty cheap.
Speaker 1: Seriously, look, this is what happens. You go for a high value man and what does he do. He increases his value even more by taking the money right out of your venmo, and he stands up for himself. That is wise, and I would be remiss if I didn't offer to send you guys out on another date with this. I'm doing everything.
Speaker 2: If you ask them to go, yeah, because we'll pay for it this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the best time. We're going to cover the bill. What do you think, Corey, You're the one I'm supposed to ask you want to go out with Aah one more time.
Speaker 6: If she wants to show me who she really is and not spend the whole line I freaking take his pictures and all that.
Speaker 1: Sure, Okay, I get it. She's really hot, So no, I know he said yes, Really, it sounded like it to me. I know, are you up for it?
Speaker 2: It's insane.
Speaker 4: Well he's stole money from me, but like it sounds like he's sorry you about it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: At this point, I feel like you too deserve each other each other.
Speaker 1: Is this actually happening.
Speaker 4: I'll do drinks again and if that goes well, then.
Speaker 5: We can see about moving.
Speaker 1: The day location two, Firefest Island.
Speaker 6: I don't have the cash for Firefest Island, but I'll take your kids card.
Speaker 1: Successful second date update perieres with lines for everybody.
Speaker 2: As long as your panje I got.
Speaker 1: It's looking Jeffrey in the morning. How much you guys want to bet that she's going to hand over her phone again and completely forget that he then made himself on the second day.
Speaker 3: He's just gonna be the cycle where she takes all the money, then he takes all the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's just gonna he gets it back.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be constantly trying to at her phone. Like any type of cute purple lighting shows up anywhere, It's like, hey, come over here, like we should get.
Speaker 2: The whole thing. They really do, honestly feel made for each other.
Speaker 1: I'm really hoping that they make it for an update update, just to hear how much money has exchanged hands.
Speaker 2: He's hoping that his bank account makes it for an update update.
Speaker 1: I think a kind of cute. Yeah, you could be the next cute couple that we put together on this show.
Speaker 2: Yeah Deep next Deep cute couple.
Speaker 1: All you got to do is email the show. We'll call that person WHI was and calling you back. We have all of our second date updates ready for you to listen to on our podcast wherever you get yours
Speaker 2: At Brooke and Jeffrey Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning,