Speaker 1: From Los Angeles and.
Speaker 2: One and only famous Perez Hilton. Everybody, welcome to the PHP on iHeartRadio. How about that, Perez, I'm with you. I want to cry too.
Speaker 1: I'm going to no, not that. I just you know, I really believe in our show. We've been doing it a long as time. It deserves to be heard by more people. And I am cautiously optimistic that this new company, which is your parent company, they they hire you to have the radio show in Los Angeles. I'm cautiously optimistic that they will do by us. We told our Patreon supporters last Thursday about the move, and if you're getting to this episode on a day other than Mondays, please please please. We would love it. We could really use it if you get back in the habit of listening on Mondays as soon as we release these and also go to Apple Podcasts, rate our show, write a comment.
Speaker 2: You're boring all these new people to death, perezkay show who cares?
Speaker 1: All right? Well, I just really want this to do well? All right? Today, of course we're talking to the Oscars. We're discussing Ariana Grande, Andy Cohen, Princess Catherine, the Duchess, Kanye West, Richard Simmons and Moore. But first I went to an Oscars party.
Speaker 3: Last night, Vanity Fair had an Oscars party in Las Vegas, the first time they've.
Speaker 1: Ever done that.
Speaker 3: Like I'm telling you, like, Vegas is the spot, It's it's the place to be.
Speaker 1: And they had it at the win At, which I've never been to before.
Speaker 2: Isn't Delilah the coolest? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was glad just to check it out. I don't even know why I had never been before. I just i'd never been invited.
Speaker 1: I like to go places where I'm invited and they tell me, like we want you to come, and.
Speaker 2: You got to go for dinner. It's a supper club. They got somebody on stage singing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a really cool throwback kind of place the Oscars.
Speaker 1: So you know, if you go to an Oscars party, it's it's probably not the best way to pay close attention to everything Oscars because people are chatty and maybe in Los Angeles they'd be they'll be like quiet the whole time, but not in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Pretend care. It's a lot of pretend caring.
Speaker 1: But the Vanity Fair Oscar party in Vegas was sponsored by Ceoman. Is that how you pronounce it Zeo. I don't even know what it is.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: Actually? Demi Levado is the new spokesperson for Zeomen. I think it's Zeomen. They're like a competitor to Boatowks or Disport. It's you know, it's an injectable to like be smoother. So I was in heaven because like, that's my demo, all of these women of a certain age, because it was like half invited people from Vegas and then they flew out like fifty of the top injectors and they're, you know, my demo. So they all kept coming over to me talking to me, and we were like gossiping, and I'm like, let's talk about so like I got the tea. Oh my god, I'm like, we're just gonna go there. Ryan Gostling, we were all aghast at his face. He got some work done.
Speaker 3: He did obviously, Yes, all the girls were like, yep, look at it.
Speaker 1: Look at how plump his cheeks are. You know, he.
Speaker 2: Looks different in Barbie though, if you think about the.
Speaker 1: Movie, he looks different in Barbie. He got some something done in the last bit.
Speaker 2: And for him to be so cut too in the movie, and you watch the movie. I mean, he is unnaturally cut. He almost looks like a Kendall. I wonder what he did or what he took to shred down that much, because he is really like zero point zero body fat to the point he looks odd.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't remember in the movie. He might they might have just enhanced him with CGI, or it might also be makeup.
Speaker 2: I didn't think of that.
Speaker 1: There's a variety of different things that you could do. Also, somebody else that my girlies told me had some work done. I love this because it's not me saying it. It's like these experienced professionals that do this for a living. They can tell Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 3: I could tell also though Bradley Cooper and right, you have to go and look at photos now you'll see Bradley Cooper and Ryan Gosly.
Speaker 2: You know. I saw Bradley Cooper, and to me, for the first time, I thought, yes, he looked a little different. But for the first time I thought, oh, this is the first time I've seen him age a little. I didn't go I didn't think he was like looking younger. I thought he was starting to look more like an older white guy.
Speaker 1: Here's the difference. After they all started like filling my brain with this chatter, I was like, wow, look at Matthew McConaughey. He's aging, he's looking old and droopy, or like just you lose the elasticity in your face. And that's fine.
Speaker 2: Gravity hits yet, I know.
Speaker 3: It's it's absolutely fine. He looks he looks good too. Yeah, but let's get to it the red carpet. We don't have Jones rivers anymore. Sadly, I'll give you just the best dressed in my opinion, and the worst dress, because it's not or not like a visual podcast, we're just audio by far. For me, the best just ethereal perfection from head to toe. It doesn't necessarily give me like groundbreaking or never been done, but it doesn't have to. I just want like a timeless, polished look.
Speaker 2: Zendiada Zandeia.
Speaker 1: And when she came out during the show, she was literally floating on the stage.
Speaker 2: I don't think I saw her. I saw a girl in a white dress that looked really cool. Oh, Emma Stone, would she have a white dress on? No?
Speaker 3: Hers was more like a like a green blue, like a like a turquoise color.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know, the girl that looks like an elf, the girl that's really got the whitest skin and the white hair. She's really pretty and she's like, she's like a real hip Hollywood girl at the moment. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I have Florence Peugh. Florence Peugh.
Speaker 2: No, it's the other one. She looks like Lord a little bit. Her eyes are kind of far apart. She she's really hot.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know what you're talking about. She was your best dressed.
Speaker 2: She looked great.
Speaker 1: My least favorite look Ariana Grande. Did you see her I.
Speaker 2: Did on stage. Yeah, she looks completely different, but I like that she looks.
Speaker 1: I don't mind. I'm not talking about her appearance. I'm just talking about just about her dress, that expression of you know, you don't wear the dress, or the dress wears you. The dress wore her. Okay, it just she was swallowed up by that ginormous thing. I liked. I don't know if you got it, because you're not a gay. But I liked the homage and the coordination with Cynthia Arrivo of the Wicked Colors. You know, the Cynthia Alphaba wore green, and she wore pink forda, but it was too much pink. It was drowning. I also love that. Like one of the most talked about moments of the Oscars, she kind of did it really well. Was Vanessa Hudgens announcing her pregnancy there and looking great. Also congratulations to her. Also hilarious was during the pre show this influencer slash. She's an actor as well, Liza Koshi. She totally ate it and fell, And that's the best thing that could have happened to her because that video went viral.
Speaker 2: Poor thing. I mean, your worst nightmare, you finally get to go to one of those.
Speaker 1: No, that's the best thing that happened to her, I.
Speaker 2: Know, but still a nightmare at the moment. It's a nightmare in retrospect, You're a thousand percent right.
Speaker 1: She handled it really well too. She was very funny about it. Did laugh and then I think it's funny. It's interesting that one of the most talked about moments of the show was this John Cena bit where he was nude presenting you know, best costume design was good.
Speaker 2: I mean, he pulled that off. It was a great bit. His acting chops with Kim was was really good. I thought it was funny.
Speaker 1: It was funny, but it was also lame. I don't know why I thought it was lame too, but it was, but it was. But it was funny and he looked funny.
Speaker 2: Best costume he had nothing on. It's really good.
Speaker 1: He looked hot. I liked it. And then I think, also, you know, a highlight was when he was reading that review from Donald Trump, which was actually a real review that was great. Donald Trump literally posted that, which then I got PTSD. I'm like, oh God, we're really talking about Trump again. It's like, oh, I don't want to be talking about Trump anymore. Like it's like I buried him in the back of my mind. I thought Kimmel did a great job. I thought the performances were good, although going back to Ryan Reynolds, he gave the best performance. But I do have a note because I am, you know, critical with the reason. I hated that he did not take off his sunglasses for the entire performance. He's kid, But I think I know why he did it because the botox. No, he didn't. He ninety nine percent committed to it. He really committed to it. But I think there was a part of him that was still nervous, and it was like a safety blanket and not having to make direct eye contact when he was out of his comfort zone and wheelhouse like performing in front of all these superstars. It made him feel safer having these sunglasses on, but he committed to it, like, just take the fucking sunglasses off. It was a little thing, but it annoyed me odd critique of it. Really I wanted to see his eyes.
Speaker 2: I saw the whole thing. I thought it was great. I thought the whole shot that they took with all of the Barbie heads from overhead was just it's a ceremony, it's not about music. Was fantastic that he had Slash come out of play That was better than some Grammy performance. Yeah yeah, and you know he's not even a singer.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they had a new set design person, but kudos to whoever did that. It was so cool, Like I loved the stage and visually it was so beautiful looking at the Oscars this year, So congrats to everybody involved. And obviously we got to do like maybe like a memorable speech. I would say Emma Stone. However, if I'm analyzing the Emma Stone acceptance speech, which is maybe arguably the most memorable of the night. I'm like, she just copied Jennifer Lawrence from like a few years like, you're giving us a Jennifer Lawrence performance of an Oscar's acceptance speech. It's like note for note Jennifer Lawrence.
Speaker 2: I love her and I don't care. I just think that she's the most fantastic person in Hollywood. I love Emma Stone.
Speaker 1: I like her a lot too. I also liked that Emma Stone has been doing this since she was a teenager, like so young. She actually, I don't know if anybody remembers this. She began her career as a reality TV star.
Speaker 2: She has rich parents or something. I think I was looking into her the other day. I'm pretty sure it's her. I hope I have it right. But yeah, she comes from a lot of money and they moved here to make it happen. But man, she's good.
Speaker 1: She's really good.
Speaker 3: She began her career in reality TV back in the nineties I think or early two thousands.
Speaker 1: They did this reality show about finding the next Partridge Family, really, and she got chosen to be one of the people in that. Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that Yeah, by the way, the Billie Eilish Hidias thing is so boring at this point Performance forty five.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I thought it was just me. I'm like, what's okay, there's nothing special about this.
Speaker 2: But it's funny because they did it at another Award show and I was like, God, it's so good for the movie and it's so fitting and it's perfect for that film. And I just had this great feeling about it. Then I saw them do it again last night. I was like, this is the most boring thing I've ever seen in my life. It's funny. Once you do it once on the award shows, you shouldn't do it again.
Speaker 1: No, it's not that, it's just like a lack of vision, Like they needed like a great artistic director to like guide a different type of performance of.
Speaker 2: Right, Like I'm just ken was a complete performance video art kind of thing. And there's was it. But maybe they didn't.
Speaker 1: To do that. That's probably it. Yeah, they didn't want to do it. I'm like, but it was so boring. And I love that song for sure. That song.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, how about al Pacino at the end, he is a dishoveled mess. I mean he comes out there, nothing's fitting.
Speaker 3: But he's eighty something, He's he's able to get away with that.
Speaker 2: I guess. He just looks like someone fished him off of an intersection at an off ramp here in Los Angeles and threw a suit on him. What a mess.
Speaker 1: He's eighty three years old. Okay, he just came up.
Speaker 2: And gets the off it opens and up like I see an Oppenheimer in here. I mean, the weirdest announcement I think I've ever seen him. It was a typical Pachino. I met him once, like uh, and he was a lot younger then obviously when I worked at ET, but that was probably twenty some years ago. But he was a lovely man. I mean, he was so sweet and almost delicate to speak with. And I'm sitting there looking at this guy that's played all these ah, these these you know, over the top rolls, and to meet the man that was so spoken and caring with his words and with his time was always cool to me.
Speaker 1: At least he announced the right winner. Okay, Yeah, Let's move to the UK with a story that has gripped the world. Catherine Middleton, the Princess of Wales.
Speaker 2: What is going on Catherine Middleton, the Princess of Wales.
Speaker 1: Over the weekend. In the UK, they celebrated Mother's Day on Sunday. In America, he celebrated in May, and the Palace released a photo that was allegedly taken by Prince William earlier this week. Okay, They distributed that photo to all of the news agencies, including the Associated Press, and then hours later, the Associated Press and all of these other news agencies issued a quote kill order to yank the photo, stop its distribution and alert publication that they believe this photo that was taken allegedly by Prince William, allegedly just a few days ago, was manipulated. Well, let me tell you what they claim. Okay. The Associated Press says, quote the photo show is an inconsistency in the alignment of Princess Charlotte's left hand others, and that was the quote from the AP. The article also pointed out quote others have also noted inconsistencies in the alignment of the sweater pattern on Prince Louis's shoulder, as well as a jagged white line in the background near his knee. Like I don't understand, okay, did they photoshop it to make them like to clean the image up, like that's fine.
Speaker 2: And that's almost normal.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like a normal I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Well. See when I heard this story initially, Perez, I thought that did.
Speaker 1: They like photoshop her in from a different photo. Yes, that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I didn't think that. I thought that the office, whatever the fuck. I thought that the firm, the firm. Fine. I thought that the firm put out a picture and like quote the timeline and said this was taken last Wednesday. Whatever. And then some sluts are like, wait a minute, she wasn't at this place last Wednesday. That's an error, which makes an error in our reporting.
Speaker 1: When I read the allegations of what's wrong with the photo, nothing had to do with Princess Catherine. Were in conspiracies de Lulu land worldwide. It's a global problem.
Speaker 3: It's just the internet, no, but but it's the fucking Associated press.
Speaker 1: Now. It's like, are you gonna say then that you're not gonna distribute a photo if there's like, you're not gonna distribute any Madonna photos because she photoshops the fuck out of all her pictures.
Speaker 2: The whole world is moving towards on its own to AI and all of these artificial things, and I think the world is trying to get in front of some of it with their credibility by saying, Hey, this isn't what it was sold to us or what it appears. And I think that trusted news sources are all gonna have to somehow get behind that, because they could take your voice and make it sound like somebody else, they could take your image and make it look like somebody else. I think maybe there's some of that that could be a play here.
Speaker 1: Although I did see something that Instagram announced that they're gonna start labeling somehow AI photos as AI, which I'm thankful for because sometimes, like I follow enough accounts, like I like looking at like design things and I'm like, oh, look at that cute pink cabin in the woods. That's fucking fake.
Speaker 3: Why are you showing me a fake pink I want to see a fake pink cabin.
Speaker 1: I want a real pink cabin in the woods, Like damn you, all right, let's keep it moving over in the United States.
Speaker 2: Here in the United States.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from the UK over to the United back to the United I didn't actually go there for the story, Oh shut Up. In the US, anti Semitic rapper Kanye West is making headlines regarding his daughter North, who is ten.
Speaker 1: Or eleven years old. Over the weekend, Northwest announced that she is soon to be releasing her debut album all Right. I mean, I guess, like, I don't even it almost feels wrong, but but I am going to share some opinion. It's like, it's weird. It's weird. I understand her parents are super famous, but I would think they would still want to try some normalcy or like to learn from others, right, Like look at Willow Smith. She did a something similar around the same age and then decided, you know what, no, let me chill for a bit and go back to being a normal kid. There's nothing normal about an eleven year old releasing an album. I don't know if this is a true title, but it might be called elementary school drop out.
Speaker 2: I mean that's funny because dad's was college drop out. I mean that's good.
Speaker 1: But you know, if this kid does release an album, she's gonna want to perform it, promote it.
Speaker 2: Maybe not. I mean, this could just be a hobby, and you know, it's already telling me that. It's a bit of a parody when you look at the title. Kid wants to make an album because dad makes albums and wants to go in the studio, And why not. This might be a lot of fun. It could be a lot of fun. And look, and if you're rich and you can do this for your kids, fine. Remember when we were kids, they'd have recording studios like in beach towns. Remember that.
Speaker 1: No, no, they had it in the County Fair every year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, didn't like Rebecca Black's song come from that.
Speaker 1: It was a different thing. She hired somebody. I think I have my tape, you know, back in the day, the eighties and early nineties, I did. I remember I did Burning Love by Elvis. I don't know why, but I still have my tape.
Speaker 2: I could see you as Elvis as a young man.
Speaker 1: Sure, I didn't even have a fucking cassette player, but that'd be really fun. Only by somefo I was able to transfer it to a digital file. Oh my gon, how do you do that?
Speaker 2: Just go online? You can send it to somebody. They'll do it for you.
Speaker 1: I got to figure it out, all right. People are having a field day with Kim Kardashi and going to the Vanity Fair Oscar party. What's she doing here?
Speaker 2: Doesn't she go every year?
Speaker 1: I know all those people were there, the Kylie and Kendall were there. La la la la la.
Speaker 2: That's for the people that don't have any talent. Hey, hey, it's true. It's it's to be seen. It's not like a actor event. Yeah, that's who should be there.
Speaker 1: Back to the British Royal Family, the Americans, British Royal Family Printerian Meghan Markele. They were in Texas. Meghan Markle spoke at I think it was south By Southwest, the tech part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's happening.
Speaker 1: And afterwards they made a visit to Ubaldi and they paid a surprise stop. They went to see shooting victims family from the massacre there a couple of years ago, and a lot of people were like, what was she doing there? She's got no connection. I don't care. Do I think it's a media moment, Yes, but it doesn't bother me if celebrities do philanthropy just to make themselves better, because at the end of the day, they're still doing something positive.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I don't see how that's philanthropy though they're not anybody. They're not royals, they're not anything. They're just there to be seen. And it's hard to get past that.
Speaker 1: But if they made this woman, Claudia Martinez is her name, if they may, she's not even a kid, she's an adult. Her sister was a teacher who died it.
Speaker 2: Look, if they are a fan of the whole British thing and the royal family and they are into that, then you find out about it. Okay, But like, hey, I'm going to go visit these people just because I'm a celebrity. Because that's all she is is a celebrity. I mean, she's not a royal or anything. It's just it is a little off putting. I get that if there was something attached to it, like and when they gave away a million dollars or something, what's the do good or act other than I'm so important, I just showed up to give you my time. Like it's a little off.
Speaker 1: Putting to some, it didn't bother me, especially because they've also I think that Megan Markle went to Uvaldi before, so she just cares. Yeah, I was more bothered the first time. I was bothered the first time. Now that she's gone again. It doesn't bother me so much, all right. A big update in the Andy Cohen cocaine at a Geishaan's. Andy has responded, I would say a bit too late to Leah McSweeney's bombshell lawsuit where she alleged that he does cocaine with some of his favorite housewives through his lawyers. His lawyers released a scathing letter saying, quote, the letter is littered with false, offensive, and defamatory statements. Demand that you immediately retract and withdraw all allegations relating to mister Cohen's purported cocaine use. He goes on the lawyers to say that these allegations were made up to try to get a big payday and force a settlement from Andy Cohen, saying this will not work. It's a serious charge, and they are now threatening to sue Leah McSweeney if she does not retract that charge.
Speaker 2: I think both things can be true at the same time. What do you mean, Well, I believe that there's a possibility that he has partied with some housewives at some point, and I also think that there's a money grab element to this, somebody trying to get paid. Do I think both parties could be one hundred percent right, Probably not. When it says littered with false allegations, that doesn't exactly say that everything alleged everything is untrue, So they left themselves some wiggle room.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of gig guys, Richard Simmons allegedly continues to tweet up a storm, posting a ton of stuff on Twitter, and I just I don't believe it's him. I find this so hard to believe. But if you're a Richard Simmons fan and you miss him, go to the Weight Saints Twitter, the Wait Saint. He even posted a song that had allegedly never been released before by Richard Simmons, and he uploaded it on YouTube. So he goes from like ghosting the world and now tweeting and posting on YouTube.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: I'm not buying it. I still don't think it's him, and I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but go check it out.
Speaker 2: I see him on Facebook if he's going to be anywhere at all, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I see that. That's where his audience lives. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of music, Ariana Grande dropped her new album and one of my gays texted me saying it was I don't even care. I mean whatever. He used some harsh words like awful.
Speaker 3: And blah blah blah, and I'm like, oh my god, I hadn't gotten around to listening to it yet.
Speaker 1: I listened to it. I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: I did too. I listened to it Friday night and a little bit in the garage yesterday when I was working on something. I think it's a really good record. Yeah it's it's not like her best work, but it's really good.
Speaker 1: My friend's problem is he likes like mainstream hits, right, and it's like, yeah, I get it. There might not be any like obvious bops on here, but the new single. I liked the new single, the one that she too, and I'm just grateful, like now we've had some space. Like remember that song of hers that was a hit, that seven Rings song, I got it, I want it. I bought it.
Speaker 3: That shit was dog ass awful and it was a big hit. But this is more mature.
Speaker 1: I think she just worked with the same people on all the songs, so it's like a real cohesive. It's mature pop.
Speaker 2: And I also think that her production is so well done, like her team is so good. They've crafted a yeah yeah, and it doesn't sound like everybody else, and it's real professional and polished, and they don't need to hide her vocals because she can fucking sing unlike most pop stars out there. So it's always done really well, and I just think it's just an extension of that. It's done really well. It's funny you mentioned the crap song. I listened to Ga Gay's rain on Me with her doing the with the verses or the chorus, whatever the fuck she's rain on Me. But I heard that yesterday and I was like, this is better than ninety percent of the garbage out right now, I mean, and that was in our eyes sort of a throwaway.
Speaker 1: There's one song, but the new single, I think it's we Can't Be Friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that song.
Speaker 1: I like it too, dot dot dot. But I did a little research afterwards because I'm like, Wow, they're sampling Robin on this right, this is totally a Robin sample.
Speaker 2: It feels like a Robin Robin was.
Speaker 1: Not credited as a song. They better give Robin a songwriting credit on that.
Speaker 2: To listen again, Oh my god, there's so much possible.
Speaker 1: Keep ding on it. They fucking ripped off that song.
Speaker 2: You know it is funny because Kellen was running around the house yesterday singing dancing on my own and I bet that's how I got in her head. There you go, earworm. Earworms are real. It doesn't mean you rip somebody off them.
Speaker 1: No, they totally ripped her off. She also was on Saturday Night Live, and she's not the most dynamic live performer. She's never has she never has been and not you don't even have to move around a lot.
Speaker 3: It's like there's just an element of still sadness or shine.
Speaker 1: I don't fucking get it. Like not that it wasn't bad either, it just wasn't like wow, you.
Speaker 2: Know you touched on the word and you didn't let it out. It's a weird shyness that she has now h I alluded to it a couple of shows ago when I talked about her kind of stripping everything back in her life. And it looks she looks different. I'm not even talking about the way she looks. She sounds different when she talks. When she talked on the Grammys, I was like, it's so weird to hear her regularly or I'm sorry the oscars. It's so weird to hear her regular voice.
Speaker 1: That's not her regular voice. This is like her little girl voice. It's fucking weird.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think that is her going back to her shyness. I think everything else she did was a put on and this is probably closer to who she really is. I just think she's going through a lot. She went through a lot, and she's really stripped it all down, from her look to her sound, and when it comes to being on stage, I mean, no one could ever forget the Rihanna eyroll when she was up there and her little stripper outfitted just started laughing. She got better over the years, but she needed a lot of things around her. She's never been that pink where she could stand out there on the stage pink, so confident, just the most confident artist, and she could just.
Speaker 1: Stand there, like you said, and it doesn't have to doesn't have to do the accri.
Speaker 2: Literally be still and somehow fill up the entire room. Arianna never had that. She needed accoutrements to get to that. But uh, she's still great. I mean her voice is still leaps and bounds above everybody else's. There's something about the way she bounces around a song. She definitely knows how to use her voice, she knows how to use a microphone. She can navigate her way around a song. She does know what she's doing.
Speaker 1: Every once in a while, she can be amazing. Though, if you're a big Ariana fan, you've probably seen it or not if you want to go google. A few years ago, she was on this Wicked special on TV and she performed a Wicked song before she was even cast in the movie. That was excellent.
Speaker 2: I can't remember if we saw that or talked about that, but I bet that's.
Speaker 1: I don't think you saw it, especially because I think she was just happy, like she was happy singing the Wicked song.
Speaker 2: That's who she is. She's like some kid that's in high school that would stand outside of the theater, you know what I mean. She's that girl, which is cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. She also sat down with Zane Lowe and I watched that interview and that was so boring. The Zach sangue was way better. Speaking of music news, let's move on. I'm trying to think if there is a world and where I think this is the right move. I don't know if I see it bad Bunny is suing this concert goer for uploading footage of his show to his YouTube channel, and I don't.
Speaker 2: Get it, Like why well is his label doing the suing? Does he know? Has he commented on it, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: He's not commented on it, but his lawyers have commented on it's saying that they went through YouTube trying to ask YouTube to take it down, and for some reason, because the guy fouled a counter claim, YouTube did not take it down. But I'm like, was it necessary? It's if you're in the right, and if you clearly own the rights, then it's just a hiccup and eventually YouTube will take it down. Just the whole act of suing this person just seems.
Speaker 2: Yea suing fans. It's reminiscent of going back to Napster and all of those things. It's hard to have a beef with your audience. Even though you're in the right, there's still your fans, and that person did something probably because they're a fan, usually not always. Sometimes they're trying to monetize some things, and there's some nefarious bullshit going on there, But ultimately it's hard to pick a fight with a band.
Speaker 1: No Madonna brought out Kylie Minogue. I heard Los Angeles show and they sang I will Survive Together and a little bit of can't get You out of My Head and it made Old Gaze everywhere very happy. But then, as I mentioned afterwards, Madonna shared the most filtered, photoshopped like painting version of a photo of the two of them.
Speaker 2: Oh my Jesus, I saw a clip of Madonna.
Speaker 1: She oh, I was going to get to that one.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Same show. Then at the same concert, Madonna saw that somebody was not standing. Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no. This was about a song. Oh, we'll get to it.
Speaker 1: At the same concert, Madonna saw a guy or a woman, a person that was at the show not standing and put them on blast, like why aren't you standing?
Speaker 2: Stand up?
Speaker 1: And then it turns out that person was in a wheelchair.
Speaker 2: There'll be an asshole, Madonna. There's your little lesson for the day.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I saw her performing Burning Up and she's one of the best.
Speaker 1: She actually I think wrote that song by herself. Actually giving her credit as a songwriter, she said.
Speaker 2: It's the first song she wrote on the guitar, and I was like, I kind of recall Madonna in the middle of her career learning how to play guitar, because I remember her fumbling through it and trying to get some songs or some things going. But she said that she learned or played that and then did a version of you know, Burning Up on the guitar, which wasn't that great, to be honest with you. But I was like, I don't recall Madonna knowing how to play guitar in you know, nineteen eighty three Madonna.
Speaker 1: I told you, without you even telling me, that she wrote that song by herself.
Speaker 2: I totally believe she did.
Speaker 1: Maybe she wrote it without knowing how to play the guitar. I mean she like plucked some core. I don't fucking know.
Speaker 2: Well, she was talking about how she performed it at CBGB's and I'm like, you were at CBGB's with a guitar performing, Like I want that footage, give me that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't believe it exists. That's the point. Like, I believe she probably played CEB's or cb next door or whatever, but I don't know. The whole thing was like either, I just learned something new or I just fucking picked up on some bullshit. One of the two just happened.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, speaking of music related news, Taylor Swift has wrapped up her latest leg of The Era's tour and now she has two months off to enjoy being with her boyfriend before things resume again. In May, Travis was in Singapore. They went on a date. It was fun times and also dumb.
Speaker 3: People were criticizing Travis Kelsey because footage went viral of him texting during the show.
Speaker 1: You're not allowed to like texts during the show. You've already seen the show like a dozen times or something.
Speaker 2: There's my response. So she didn't text once at a football game? Yeah, well there's not one time she got on her phone and text somebody because I saw a ton of pictures. Nobody criticized her for that.
Speaker 1: You saw her texting people during the football game. Ei.
Speaker 2: There was a picture of her on the phone with I think Ice Spice. They're like looking at something. The whole thing is just silly. He's seen the show. Now, if it was during Karma and you knew that part was coming up and he was on his phone, Okay, maybe a little bit of a different story. But everybody picks up their phone at a concert at some point in either texts or uploads a picture does something.
Speaker 1: No, he was vibing along to that Karma moment. He was waiting for it.
Speaker 2: He's waiting for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some quick movie news. Dakota Johnson says she was not surprised that Madame Webb flopped because she thinks films should not be made by committee, and that one was also allegedly, she and Chris Martin are finally engaged after six plus years of dating. So congrats to them.
Speaker 2: I saw it this morning that it's actually they've been engaged for quite some time and it just now, oh all right, grew wings the story. So I don't know what they believe. I don't carry their way. Good luck to both of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, congrats to them. Also over in the U. Back to the UK, we're transcontinental today. JK Rowling had the police called on her, and then I did some research because this seems so dumb. You know, we take a lot of things for granted in the United States, like freedom of speech. There is way less freedom of speech in the UK. So in the UK, this is what the law is. Quote expressions of hatred towards someone on account of that person's color, race, sex, disability, nationality, ethnic or national orige and blah blah blah or sexual orientation is forbidden. That's just what it says. So that's really open to interpretation. And the penalties for hate speech include fines, imprisonment, or both. So it seems that the courts there like are the ones to determine all this bullshit. And JK Rowling has quite well documented, been very vocal in some beliefs that many perceived to be as anti trans And this one trans TV presenter called the police on JK Rowling cousin. I know, like that just seems so dumb to me.
Speaker 2: Ugh.
Speaker 1: Also, Bethany Frankel was being slammed for her tips on how to stay thin. She's, you know that expression, take a bite of everything, but don't eat till you're full, promoting eating disorders.
Speaker 2: I got a feeling that woman could have Thanksgiving dinner for every meal and she'd look exactly the same. Some people are just built the way they're built.
Speaker 3: Well, no, she's like, don't eat till you're full, Like, who's the fucking what kind of bullshit? I want to eat clumb full like I don't want to be hungry every day like no wonder that explains a lot about her.
Speaker 1: If you're hungry every fucking like, now, oh, just eat healthy in twenty seconds. The secret is this, people are a lot of people aren't willing to put in the work. You have to work out six days a week.
Speaker 2: You don't have to work out at all, yes you do.
Speaker 1: You have to be active.
Speaker 2: Not to be thin, you don't. To be healthy is very simple. Use more calories than you put in. We're done, one sentence book. That's how you become thing.
Speaker 1: If you want to be healthy, thin isn't necessarily healthy. Anyways, the Traders wrapped up. The latest season was.
Speaker 2: So good, such a good finale.
Speaker 1: Congrats to the winners. Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't give their names because people want to watch it. But they did a great job. They had a after the season kind of thing where they all sat around and talked about it and it was feisty to say the least, but really good. I like that show.
Speaker 3: All right, one last story, but before we get to that, thank you to some new Patreon supporters. Christina Jextra Evanna Heckel, Suzanne Collins, Addiana Moreno, Caroline Quist, Norma Morin, Lisa Annello McGowan, Casey Pritchard. Oh and also Terry and Brandon Pigeon and Paige Sundra. Okay, yeah, I already read those.
Speaker 1: Thank you all. Appreciate you Patreon dot com slash Perez Hilton if you want to get more of us. And finally, I really have to applaud our bipartisan leadership in the US House. Republicans and Democrats have come together to unanimously pass a House bill to ban TikTok. I hope that that becomes the law it needs to. We really need this to keep the US safercing videos are invading. It's Chinese owned and controlled, and they are there are enemy China, Enemy.
Speaker 4: Jersey. I've given it a couple of weeks. You're trying to rename the podcast. I'm agreeing with Booker that you kind of need to have your name in it, Pres, But I just thought of an idea.
Speaker 2: You should call it blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Because Pres, you say that all the time. It reminds me of Seinfeld.
Speaker 3: The YadA YadA YadA, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: It's kind of funny is a name. I'll be honest with you, I don't hate it.
Speaker 1: I don't love that one.
Speaker 2: Oh and by the way, yeah, if you're a new listener, if you just happen to be, we've been talking about changing the name of the show. We've had more conversation about it on our Patreon, but we're not getting anywhere.
Speaker 4: Here we go, Hey, guys, Sophie from Chicago here Patreon supporter. So I really love the show and I just wanted to call because I agree that the last Patreon episode about Bravo was by far the best episode I think you guys have ever made. And I've been listening since the show started. And then I wanted to say just two quick things as well. One, I listened to the Miley Cyrus song, hoping that it was quote unquote a smashly pro said, and it sucks. He's got the voice I think in the industry, and I'm dying for her to make a good solid like rock Cebe Nicks five.
Speaker 1: She did do that, I don't get it.
Speaker 4: And Two, cherez, I want to know do any of your gays have any pea on JBN and the Queer Eye cast.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I loved the Karamo from Queer. I was one of the hosts of the Vanity Affair party in Vegas last night, and I still wanted to ask him about it. But that was the first time I met him, and I didn't want to come on too aggressive. Okay, if I had met him before, I would have been like, girl, spill the tea, tell me. But I showed restraint, which is unusual for me.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But then it was so much fun the party. Lonnie Love was the host and Karama was the co host. And Lonnie called me up on stage, not stage, but like you know, there's like the viewing area right in front of the big screen. She's like, what's the tea? And I'm like, do you really want to go there?
Speaker 2: Lonnie?
Speaker 3: She's like, yeah, tell me what's the tea. I'm like, well, let's bring Karamo up. And then I tried to get and the Karamo did not come up. That's a good move, though I know I had permission. Lonnie opened the door and Camo did not walk through it.
Speaker 2: I did a thing with her once of like Access Hollywood or one of those shows she's fin I love her.
Speaker 1: I love her. I was on the reel a bunch of times and unfortunately that show got canceled. But she's she's so good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hello, my name is David.
Speaker 4: I'm from Texas and I'm calling because.
Speaker 3: Of the comments Booker made about teaching and social media posts and even only fans. The fact of the matter is.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, I should add that I love the podcast.
Speaker 4: You are like my number.
Speaker 3: One podcast and having you on Patreon is a dream coach.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 3: You guys do a great job and I look forward to both your podcasts every week. I'm a Patreon Anyhow, the thing about the teaching thing.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, cut off. It did what I was so ready to hear his point of view.
Speaker 1: Well, that was still a great call.
Speaker 2: Thanks, what a great call. Hold on, let me just make sure that the next call is in him.
Speaker 1: Hi, this is Madison. Well let's end that one.
Speaker 2: You don't want to hear Madison from Austin, Texas.
Speaker 1: That last one was such a good positive way to end.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll keep this call. We'll start with that next on the Patriots.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you everybody for listening, for going and rating and commenting on Apple podcasts, and hopefully we'll see some of you on Patreon on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Have a great week to take care