Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did. This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble. One of my bookies died at the Kitchen Table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, bet another bet without doing the actual gambling.
Speaker 2: You're a coward.
Speaker 1: It's easy to have a scapegoat.
Speaker 2: And now join my bad Larring, Shy and Irving and Dylan the graphics guy.
Speaker 1: I have friends. Here's Dan Patrick. I got one guy not in a good mood, just letting everybody know. And that's uh, that's that's Shay.
Speaker 3: Uh Is he not drinking again?
Speaker 4: Firmly back on the wagon per the roommate's physical orders. Yeah, oh yeah, she firmly placed me back on that wagon.
Speaker 1: Okay, the last we heard from you, you were at the Traveler's Golf tournament. Yeah in Crumwell, Connecticut.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was uh, probably the last sober thought I had when you were with us on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so the night got a hold of me, Danny. And this happens every now and then. This is kind of what the roommates signed up for. And she keeps pretending like this isn't.
Speaker 1: Now do you want to talk about this because I know that people listen to this and then tell your your roommate that's true. Now, if you don't want to do this, then don't do this. It's called good radio, Danny. I don't know how it's called content. It's called content. Okay. So Thursday we talked to you your a few beers in, oh yeah, a few. And then what happened? Then I left Travelers at like.
Speaker 4: Five fish and just hit the streets of Milford after that, and I just the knight took a hold of me, and then the streets hit back, the streets hit back, the roommate. I woke up to fifteen miss calls from the roommate, oh no, And I woke up to her hitting me and yelling at me, and I said, what happened?
Speaker 1: What's the problem? I had a great time. What did you say?
Speaker 4: And so she was like, you son of a bitch, quit drinking now. And I was like, all right, fine, whatever, I've been here before, but yeah, I had a great time in Milford, Danny. We shut them all down, all of them.
Speaker 1: Can I help in any way? What do you mean help? I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 2: For bars open later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the am shut down apparently they shut down at one am.
Speaker 1: Okay, whatever, Yeah, I thought it was two that's what I thought. They told me to leave, so exact if they're closing yeah, yeah, it was closing out. Believe me, I can handle it. And then Dylan went the next day to Travelers and he had set the he was gonna go eighteen eighteen eighteen, which is eighteen holes, eighteen beers, eighteen hot dogs, and I said, how about eighteen nine nine?
Speaker 2: Well that was closer to what actually happened. I will say in my defense, at like four o'clock they quote unquote observing hot food, So no hot dogs after four. So I hit five and then was searching.
Speaker 1: Okay, were you in a tent or no?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh.
Speaker 2: We bounced around a little bit. But I actually had to tell the hot dog lady because I came up for the fifth one. She kind of gave me a look, and I was like, I'm not doing anything. I'm eating all of these.
Speaker 1: I promised, Well, why didn't you order more? Because one at a time?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: You can only order one at a time. Hot dogs rots, they were brots.
Speaker 2: I didn't say they were hot dogs.
Speaker 1: I didn't, Well, you're a different tent, the pleb tent.
Speaker 2: Obviously you're the crowd tent.
Speaker 1: You the banker tent. I wasn't the bank to It got weird fast. Yeah, I had nips in my sock. I was pulling them out. It was weird. I didn't know if they were going to patch you down. I didn't know if there was a.
Speaker 4: You brought that alcohol to the turnamars Danny, of course, like socks.
Speaker 1: Full of nips. But you were in a tent, didn't they have alcohol in the tent like white cloth?
Speaker 4: And it was a two drink maximum for the risk. Wait, okay, so two drinks for free?
Speaker 2: No unlimited free drinks.
Speaker 1: Wow, my boss is a piece of shit. Free drinks and dogs, Larry, I'll get you in a minute. Okay, So Dylan, how many? So you had five hot dogs? How many beers?
Speaker 2: Thirteen? And then a cocktail, a couple of blasts of wine, crabcake sandwich.
Speaker 1: That was really what started to And then did you go to a dinner after that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well I also had half a cheese steak too.
Speaker 1: Where'd you go to dinner?
Speaker 2: We went to this place called Sedona in Norwalk. It's basically like out back with like white tablecloths.
Speaker 1: Oh fancy. Okay, so after all that, you went to dinner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it took down like a ribi in four to ten martinis.
Speaker 1: I think I did you really? Oh yeah, So Ray is with you?
Speaker 2: Raise with me the whole time. Okay, raise my court stenographer for the whole the whole them that's and actually I woke up the next day with a picture that was hanging in raised apartment at my house. I must have taken in an uber home with me. It's a big picture. And he's not getting it back either.
Speaker 4: I refuse to eat dinner because you don't trust your your roommate looking for because the booze would work less. So I didn't eat dinner when I was out. Oh god, yep, got it in.
Speaker 2: Danny just marching powder.
Speaker 1: Okay, what what what? What? No, we're not don't say anything breakfast. It was like talking about the Mormons. You're not allowed to bring this. I don't picked up. I'm just worried about you. Don't worry about me, Danny. I'm already in trouble. That's all there is to it.
Speaker 2: Okay, And you look great, thank you.
Speaker 1: I feel you do look good.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. Yeah, I'm getting that softball Tan. The eldest is in the travel and that's all I do.
Speaker 1: But you got three daughters. I just want to make sure that you know you got a lot of positives going on here. I'm worried about it.
Speaker 2: I think that's in thee.
Speaker 1: That's why I drink Danny all the positives in my life. Okay, okay, Dylan won four point one units last week, Larry lost seven, Shaye lost. What does zero point seven to five units last week? Is that? Right? Right? Larry, you're in the red. You're the only member of this this sad group in the red.
Speaker 3: Okay, fairly in the red.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming it's still the red.
Speaker 3: Okay, Red, I'll be black by next week.
Speaker 1: Oh, here we go again, Here we go again. Okay, Well, you know he's only at zero point eight units lost, So you can get into the plus real easy.
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 1: You can win two of three and then you're good.
Speaker 3: That's what we're shooting for right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, we don't need to recap anything that happened last week because bad Larry was terrible and Shaye didn't do Uh, you were you were average? Dylan stows the pirates the Futures to win the World Series at plus thirty thousand. Wow, let's see what was your big moment last week that you won four point one units?
Speaker 2: There, deyl Well Justin Thomas top ten was plus five, okay, everyone had written him off.
Speaker 1: Well, that brings us to this week, and we'll start with you, Dylan with the Rocket Mortgage Golf tournament in Detroit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, only one this week, Dan Ricky Fowler top five plus three sixty. Why not? He's been playing pretty good golf.
Speaker 1: He's rolling. He's had four straight top fifteen finishes at the Open and then last week Travelers as well, career.
Speaker 2: Low round at the Travelers too, shot a sixty.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, Rory said that's the course is too easy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't want to talk about Rory.
Speaker 1: Why he ruined my life? Your life life? No, you ruined your life.
Speaker 4: Fair Okay. Rory had a part to play, that's for damn sure. When he collapsed at the Masters on Sunday with having I don't know what he had to say, six seven stroke lead. I had him twenty five to one pre tourney, wired to wire. He's the leader, and I called my old man up. I'm like, hey, guess who I got on the court and he laughed at me and he said, nobody goes wired to wire at the Masters, and.
Speaker 1: Then he hung up.
Speaker 4: Did he use that voice word to God? And then the first shot off to Tea, the son of a Bitch hooks it so far right. It hits one of the cabins that used to be used for bad things, and he hit it right through the freaking wall. He's ruined my life.
Speaker 2: That is a good point, though, I oh hate him forever?
Speaker 1: When forever?
Speaker 2: Oh, when's the less time someone went wired to wire at the I mean any tournament.
Speaker 1: It's hard, but it's really Yeah, usually you get you know guys where you go, Oh, that's a trip down memory lane the first day of the leaderboard at the at the Master's Okay, anything else that you want to bet on this week?
Speaker 2: Formula one Dan, obviously it's in Austria this weekend. Jay, I'm surprised they're not there. So I'm going two units on Fernando Alonzo to finish on the podium minus one sixty five, and then a unit each on Sergio Perez fastest lap plus two seventy five and Voltaire Botas to win the sprint race, which I guess is some like shitty little race on Saturday before the main one plus thirty.
Speaker 1: Kardashians get that the vulterry botas on the Warheads or something.
Speaker 2: And everywhere else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you always do. Sergio Perez, who's the fastest lap, don't you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't know. Honestly, this is just information I've gotten Dan from a very unreliable source.
Speaker 1: So this is your roommate, ye, my.
Speaker 2: My roommate who lives in a different house.
Speaker 1: But okay, why that's a good way to stay in love.
Speaker 2: I'm looking right at it.
Speaker 1: Well, unless you know Larry, because Larry's in love. He ain't. Yeah, he Larry's getting put up with he in love.
Speaker 2: Forty years boys, more of like indentured servitude.
Speaker 1: I think, what else do you have?
Speaker 2: Wimbled future?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Carlos al karaz to win the whole shebang plus three fifty. He's nasty. He's also I forget how he is well.
Speaker 1: I mean he's great on clay, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's not grass. I don't think it's particularly his thing.
Speaker 1: But did he win the French Open ones?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He yeah he did?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I thought he lost because he lost.
Speaker 1: I thought he won a Grand slammer.
Speaker 2: I think he lost to Djokovic this year's French Open.
Speaker 1: Yes he did, all right, so you have him as your future. It's plus three fifty to win Wimbledon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, baseball tonight?
Speaker 1: Oh he won the US Open. Oh there you go. Well, Ray, No, Ray, you just gave me information that he has never won a Grand Slam, but he's won a major. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: So I'm not going to pretend like I'm a tennis expert. But when I did the research today, this one site had that, and I was also a little bit confused.
Speaker 1: Had won a Grand Slam. That's when four.
Speaker 2: I thought one grand like each one is a Grand Grand Slam event.
Speaker 1: Slam event. Okay, four runners, so he won't look well they called three?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: I got ready for nothing. You call the tennis guy, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, the individually Grand Slam events.
Speaker 1: It's an event, but he's got never won a Grand Slam. I go, yeah, and a lot of guys you haven't, okay anything else? What the hell happened to? I know?
Speaker 2: MLB right, uh A's money line versus the Yankees today plus one sixty I'm mashing that because on it, coming off a perfect game, I feel like you.
Speaker 1: Have to lose anything else. You got Nathan's hot dog contest, you got that. Yeah, of course you got an over under on Joey Chestnut.
Speaker 2: The goat seventy three and a half hot dogs. I'm going over plus one oh five be great.
Speaker 1: If you got the gout, he'd be known as the Gout. He probably out. It can't be four front I know, yeah, yeah, he's the out.
Speaker 2: Okay, that guy's a maniact. Apparently, people like after the hot dog contest will go out and he'll just be at like some fucking random bar in Brooklyn, like pounding.
Speaker 1: Beers and what else does he have in his life? No?
Speaker 2: But I mean after eating Like, no, he eats hot dog hours after eating all the seventy five hot dogs. Okay, of course he frequents bars all the time. I mean that's probably all you.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the over under?
Speaker 2: But he does seventy three and a half.
Speaker 1: He ate sixty three last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's eaten like seventy five before.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so you got the over yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, and also to break his personal record, which is seventy six or more hot dogs, because I think it's seventy five and that's plus two fifty five.
Speaker 1: You're betting on that too, betting on that?
Speaker 3: Okay, bad Larry, Yes, Dan, I forgot about the Nathan Hotdogs, saying, I'm just because Dylan has the over on him, I'm taking.
Speaker 2: It under that probably smart.
Speaker 1: The under on Joey Chestnut seventy three and a.
Speaker 3: Half seventy three and a half hot dog. Yeah, I'm going under Joe he's getting old. I know he's getting old.
Speaker 1: How now, No, when does it show if for competitive youat that he's getting old?
Speaker 2: Does he say?
Speaker 1: Die?
Speaker 3: I've been I've been hearing about him.
Speaker 1: From Yeah, okay, So you have Joey Chestnut, the under under.
Speaker 3: Joey Chestnut at seventy three and a half hot dogs?
Speaker 1: All right, what else do you have?
Speaker 3: Then? And then I'm really happy because I sent these in earlier this morning, and Dylan, I have the Yankees. Oakland's the worst team in baseball, So I have the Yankees.
Speaker 1: We know that. Yeah, we know that. Very good.
Speaker 3: It's between you and I. I'm going to meet Heiner to watch the Yankee game. He's in Jersey's at the Jersey store.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the guy that no one in the world knows who you're talking about except for.
Speaker 3: Me, and you're You're who I'm talking to? Dan?
Speaker 1: Who the hell are we? Then?
Speaker 2: Larry?
Speaker 1: Why are you? Larry? You could have texted me later. The audience is going to go, who is John Heiner?
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's why I'm betting the Yankees. He's a huge Yankee fan.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, hold on, hold on, okay, Okay, Now I have to explain who the fun John Heiner? Okay, John Heiner?
Speaker 3: My other college roommates, the other college roommate, right, listen, Florid.
Speaker 1: No, no, we could have gotten the story without even okay in Florida. What else do you have? Well Born? Okay, what else do you have?
Speaker 3: I have my Mets. We got we got around the Hill, so they sucked too. So I'm going I'm going Yankees, Mets and Dokavis to win the UH, to win the whatever whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's Dkovic, Lukadank. We know, yeah, we know who you're talking about. What'd you call me? Okay, so you've got you got.
Speaker 3: Just gonna He's gonna beat Dylan's the finals, right, Dylan, your guys the second favorite? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, uh so is that it? Bat Larry?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Just one? You know, all those four.
Speaker 1: Bets, Okay, Shay.
Speaker 4: Finally, it's just some great, good old fashioned American gambling. Here only baseball, Okay, White Sox my favorite golf, don't you to bet on?
Speaker 1: I'm not a big fan of betting on golf. No, I'm not. It's just not my jam.
Speaker 2: No. Like at the Travelers, I was just live betting the live hole scores, like at standing on the green there that is like some of the most electric. I mean, I've got smoked.
Speaker 1: But I didn't see a single stroke. You didn't see any golf. Well, you didn't see a golfer, didn't see clubs, didn't see a caddy, none of it, didn't you? And Ray run into Saheith Thigala.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, we're like leaving after the round in the parking lot, and y it was like, hey, great round, see Heath, And he was just sort of like that and got in his car too, and then he missed the cut. No, he made the company. He shot like even on the day when like the worst scores were like three under.
Speaker 1: Okay, whoop see okay, uh ago he had to shake continues, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Cheeters minus won twenty against Wayne Wright, kubbies minus one oh five against the Phillies, and then I got Toronto lay in one and a half against the Higonte's.
Speaker 1: Okay, Trey Turner hasn't exactly worked out.
Speaker 2: No, he ain't no stealing money.
Speaker 1: He got some cash and he went down three hundred million dollar contract. He's a player. He's just having a bad forty. You can't make three hundred million and have a bad year. Apparently you can.
Speaker 2: Well you can't. That isn't Karrey is doing the same thing too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but his knee is uh yeah. Is there anything that else that needs to be mentioned?
Speaker 2: I think next year we do a school field trip to the hot dog eating contest.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm into that. I'll do that. So we go to Coney Island.
Speaker 2: We go to Coney Island.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: Well, then, how are you supposed to go to it?
Speaker 1: I'll fucking zoom it. I don't care. Coney is disgusting. Why you don't to zoom it? It's on ESPN, isn't it.
Speaker 2: We'll do that with y'all, like you know, oh no, I want to go.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go to Coney Island.
Speaker 2: You don't have to live there. It's to see the hot dog contest.
Speaker 1: I usually don't leave fearful, think you need to leave. You shouldn't go. There should be sort of like an electric fence for dogs. Yeah, yeah, where you get zapped every time you leave a certain area.
Speaker 2: Your wife's gonna put one in the yard for if your bac is.
Speaker 4: But respect on her name. It's the roommate, okay, we live together. A lot of people are separated but still married, not us, not yet.
Speaker 1: You're not you're not married. We are, but we live together. Okay, so we're roommates.
Speaker 2: Like that comes before, But it's also your wife.
Speaker 4: Right, But a lot of people are separated, living in different houses but still married. We have not gotten there yet. If she's still the roommate. Once we do get separated, she'll be my wife.
Speaker 1: That's all actually, of course it does coming from my mouth, Larry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't have anything to say to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because you're in love, fucking nerd, you're in love. Well, thanks for joining us. Are you doing your podcast yet? Again? We have to talk about what was that. What was that thing?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the failed coup in Russia. Oh yeah, Wagner Degen of the Year, Berzonski or whatever his fucking name is, Biro Piro something.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Now you went to like Belarus hanging out? Yeah, hanging out. I'm a big fan.
Speaker 2: And Belarus is like a fake place, right, that's basically sate satellite Russia.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But if you try and overthrow a country and they say no, you got a vacation coming up, I mean that's a pretty good day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Belarus, treason's usually met with you've seen the women in Belarus. I can't say I have Google.
Speaker 1: It, okay, because the internet works in my house. Google it?
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you google Belarus girls Belarus women?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly you can. You can pick up Shay and Irving wherever you get your podcast. That's what it's called. I got ray who just pulled up women in Belarus? What about? What was I saying?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Checks out? They look like Russian chicks.
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't matter, they look gorgeous. They all want to leave their country.
Speaker 2: That's actually that's actually a good point.
Speaker 1: Capital you might be in the market might be by being Minsk getting a little apart.
Speaker 2: I have a feeling you're going strictly for a non English speaker.
Speaker 1: Trust me out in a different language. I don't give a show. All right, everybody, have a great weekend and it's Shaye at Irving Podcast wherever you get yours and thanks for joining us for Dylan Bat, Larry Ray, Marv Shay. I'm Dan Patrick taking a gamble.