Speaker 1: All right, Leonards hindered all things simple man, that means whole things. Bill O'Reilly, all things O'reillybilloreilly dot com. Mister O'Reilly, sir. Now you can tell everybody what I texted you and told you over the phone when you aren't feeling well. I said you better not blanking die on me. Did I not say that?
Speaker 2: You did say that, Hannity, and that.
Speaker 1: I needed and by the way, that made all the difference, and you got.
Speaker 2: Well right almost instantly. It was like going to Lord's.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's quite that all right, So I know you have a heart. I know you care about people. I know you've been following the issue of Savannah Guthrie and her eighty four year old mother. I don't like what I'm reading. I don't like the idea of blood. I don't like the idea what the police are saying, that this is likely an abduction and we're going to find out what happened eventually. I really I pray for her. I pray for a family, I pray for a mom, all of that, and I think you agree with me, right sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, elderly people in America are next to infants, our most vulnerable population. You know, these things like this are stunning, but it's hard to analyze it without any hard data. Looks to me and you as a crime. But we just have to be and that's not easy for most Americans.
Speaker 1: It's not, nor it should it be. I mean, this is tragic, especially because she has health issues, and that's concerning to everybody. Here's the only thing that frustrates me in all this bill. Do you have any idea in the month of January how many people were shot and shot and killed in Chicago.
Speaker 2: I did not do the data yet, but I'm sure it's more than a thousand, right, No, it's.
Speaker 1: About one hundred and thirty, about almost thirty dead. And that's the month of January of this year. And by the way, New York's not doing much better, and California is not doing much better. You know, Illinois is the worst of the worst. And the thing is is there's not one person listening to this program that can name one person that was shot or one person shot and killed. Now, I've been scrolling the people that have been arrested by Ice. The worst of the worst, murderers, rapist Kyle Molesters, drug dealers, known terrorists. I mean, they have done a phenomenal job. And there are two instances in controversy. I don't really think the Renee Good case is controversial because she accelerated the vehicle towards the law enforcement officer and he had internal bleeding. Put that one aside. And I'm looking at this and then I look. I hear the demonization, Nazi, Gestapo defund Democrats now are dying on that hill. And it's not that we should not give attention to Savannah Guthrie's mom. I want all the attention we can give this mother. And I hope and pray shee he is found healthy and okay. But you know, why is it all of these people die and you never hear a word from Democrats. Why is it all of these hardened criminals that Joe Biden, Kamala Harris allowed into this country are arrested and Ice doesn't get credit. You know, Explain to me how it is that Democrats only only speak out about their love of life when they can weaponize it and politicize it. That is the part that frustrates the living hell out of me. And maybe I need help, Maybe maybe I need Bill O'Reilly's perspective on this to help set me straight as to why, Well, you certainly.
Speaker 2: Do need my help, and that's why I'm here every Wednesday.
Speaker 1: It's scary, but if I need your help, I'm dead.
Speaker 2: It's a bigger picture. So when you have a party the Democrats that are invested in selling a narrative to the American people in order to get votes to win the midterms, because that's what this is all about, they don't really care about the collateral damage. But this is a point and most vivid point I could make on that an of the radio program today in Minnesota of two people dead, but you don't have anybody dead in New Orleans, and you don't have anybody dead in Memphis, and you don't have anybody dead in DC because the local law enforcement cooperated with the federal government and Ice and Border Patrol agents. So the two that were killed in Minneapolis, I put most of the blame on by the mayor and Walls, the governor. All they had to do was say to local law enforcement, state and the Minneapolis cops, you provide a parameter around the federal agents and don't let protesters get in their face. That is called public safety. That is what would happen in any kind of rational police strategy, and it's happening now in the cities that are not sanctuary cities. But if you abdicate there is no help coming from the state or the local cops, then people who are agitated can go two feet away from a federal agent and cause trouble. That's insane, and that's what led to the deaths of these two people.
Speaker 1: It's really chilling to me that we're in this environment where Democrats, now, this is their posture, defund dismantle, no bail, reimagine the police, defund ice and eliminate ice. They voted against the largest tax cut in American history, and by doing so, voted for the largest tax increase in a miner history. They are beholden to the climate alarmist cult. As Kamala famously said, it's the cost of democracy to pay higher gas prices. I think that should work against them. And on foreign policy, there's nothing that Donald Trump does that they appreciate or agree with. They just want to disagree with them for the sake of disagreeing. And to me, if that's the position they're staking out heading into this very important midterm election year. I think it's a very bad position for them to be in. Do you agree or disagree?
Speaker 2: I disagree a little bit.
Speaker 1: That's not allowed on the show. Goodbye Bill nice knowing you.
Speaker 2: That's right. The Democratic Party is running on emotion. They're not running on problem solving, practical success or any kind of objectivity about what works and what does a work. It is one hundred percent emotion. Now, all any voter would have to do would be look at the record of California Newsom and Illinois Pritzker and New York Hochel, and you see the catastrophic policies that have led to failure in those three states. There is no debate about it. There's no two sides of the story. The stats, and you brought them up earlier, on crime are horrifying. The stats on taxes are horrifying, Social order terrible. But what the Democratic Party does because they have, for the first time in history, by the way, this colossus media enabling the party. They're together, it's an alliance. They can get out a tremendous amount of emotional stuff to try to convince viewers and listeners and voters who are not rare verised on what's really happening to vote for them. That is the strategy in November. Demon eyed, demon eyed, demon eyes, And it could work.
Speaker 1: It definitely could work. I mean, and I think people that love Donald Trump, you know, many of them will only vote if he's on the ballot. And I think the best strategy for him is to put himself on the ballot. And I think people need to be very keenly aware that all the progress he has made the last year plus will stop and we will be in full investigative mode and full impeachment mode, because that is the predictable outcome if Democrats get back control of either or both the House and Senate.
Speaker 2: Well, the avision thing is is canarid because that'll never happen any two thirds to convict. And if they want to do another dog and pony show, I don't think that's going to be well received by the American people in general. The independent voter always tells a tale now in this country, but there are a lot of distractive independents that you really don't know what's going on. So Trump has a few advantages coming up, but it has to do with messaging. So when he has a success you've got to message it. Messenger it in the most vivid way possible. So tax thie funds. That's going to help Donald Trump because people are going to get a bigger check, and the Democrats voted against the bigger check. That's pretty simple. Gas prices can continue to fall, and everybody needs gasoline in their car. The utility thing is kind of murky, but just filling it up that's a big Trump advantage. Food. I always say to my audience, if you're smart, you're not going to get crushed. If you got to buy Porter House steak, you're going to get slammed up to you. But you can go.
Speaker 1: You could always buy skirt steak. Bill, I love skirt steak.
Speaker 2: Whatever it may be, you go, you select, you won't it crushed. If you buy smart, you can take an advantage of on leveled. Don't do it.
Speaker 1: By the way, I like ground beef. By the way, you know, chicken sometimes can be at a really good price. I mean I go grocery shopping every week. I bet you have people that do that for you.
Speaker 2: Right a minute, Hattie, I need a picture of you and Wind Dixie with the cart.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't go to Wind Dixie.
Speaker 2: I go to publics, publics, whatever it may be. We need the picture of you with the car.
Speaker 1: Well, why is this that people doubt this? Every single week when I go shopping, somebody will stop me and say what are you doing here? And I'm like buying food? What do you think I'm doing here? Well? Why is that a shock to people that I go grocery shopping? I eat meat and I eat eggs, and I like to pick my own meat. Why is that shocking to people?
Speaker 2: Listen? It is how is in a grocery store in Palm Beach, he how you live? And a lady comes up to me and I'm on the checkout line. She goes, you lost a lot of weights, and I said, no, a camera gives you ten pounds on TV. This is my playing weight is about one ninety five. And she goes, well, I don't like the way your jacket is tailored.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. No, I get the same question what are you doing here? And I look at people like that, That to me is the strangest question, because we all like to eat and I like to pick my own food. Do you go shopping every week or do you have people for that?
Speaker 2: I have I have some people, to be honest.
Speaker 1: No, no spins, mister O'Reilly.
Speaker 2: I go once. I go occasionally to get because I have certain things that I like. But I'm busy. You're busy. I mean people are good, right, we're feeding there?
Speaker 1: Well, occasionally I use instacart. Do you ever use instacart?
Speaker 2: What is that? Some kind of high jeck?
Speaker 1: Good grief? You don't know what instacart is? Do you know what uber eats is?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: And there are you listening to this? I mean, what century do you live in? For crying out loud? Good? I like Bill be nice to him. I am being nice to him, but I mean he was born like ten centuries before us if he doesn't know what instacart? And Bill don't want to talk to you like that. By the way, what are you gonna eat for the super Bowl? And who are you predicting is gonna win the super Bowl?
Speaker 2: All right, we're out of the grocery in super Bowl number one. I'm gonna be there number two.
Speaker 1: I know what. Everybody hates you for saying that. Just for the record, I've been to super bowls before. You know where the worst place to watch the Super Bowl is at the super.
Speaker 2: Bowl, but I may be a chaperoning bad Bunny.
Speaker 1: All right, did you hear bad Bunny at the Grammys for a week before I get praise to God, Let me first say ice out. Oh okay, great, great, great choice.
Speaker 2: But here's an interesting aside. And I know this to be true. The NFL has told his management no better or not, so.
Speaker 1: They can say it all they want, but at the end of the day, it's gonna be what it's gonna be. I'm now you know what. By the way, who do you want to win? I want the Patriots to win because I like Robert Kraft personally. He's one of the most decent people you would ever meet in your life.
Speaker 2: Love him, very charitable man. I'm in Boston's my second home, so of course I want the Patriots to win. Here's the problem. Seattle is a better team.
Speaker 1: The Addle on paper is a better team. Concede the point. But that's why you play the game. I mean, I put you on every week. I have no idea what I'm in for, but I put you on anyway. I play the game.
Speaker 2: That's because it's fun and he's got very players.
Speaker 1: All right, mister O'Reilly We appreciate you all things simple man. Bill O'Reilly at Bill Oreilly dot com. Sir, you have a great time at the super Bowl. Will check in with you next week see how it went.
Speaker 2: Okay, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred and nine point one, Shawn our number if you want to be a part of the program. It is heartbreaking the story of Savannah Guthrie's mother, eighty four years old. He's not in the best of health. What we're hearing from law enforcement does not warm the heart. It scares me. The fact that she was abducted against her will out of her home in the dark of night, blood found at the scene. And now Harvey Levin at TMZ. I've known Harvey a long time. Harvey is a great guy. He's really someone you can trust and he would never report something unless it's it is true. I just know how he rolls, and this is what he said that TMZ received this well unverified ransom note. Also, a local station in Los Angeles received a similar note. As a matter of fact, the exact same note.
Speaker 4: We got something in our email that looks like a It's written like a ransom note for Savannah Guthrie's mother.
Speaker 3: Specific rly and there were very certain amounts of money.
Speaker 4: Very specifically, and also they say at the bottom there are certain things they're saying about what she was wearing and damage to the house, as.
Speaker 3: If saying to verify it's us, we know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: It so we are. We've contacted the Sheriff's department and we want to get them this letter. And we had a little trouble getting through to the right person. But the person we spoke with is now forwarding this to somebody in the detective bureau. So if my phone rings, I may have to stop.
Speaker 3: And what's interesting is, you know, there was just a news conference that just ended with the sheriff and he was asked about we're going to do this segment of a few minutes, but he was asked about a ransom note and he just said, we're following all leads.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this is it's again, we don't know, we don't know if it's authentic or not. But when you read it, they're acting as if, yeah, only we would know these things, and we're serious, and there's a dollar demand and an or else in there. So we will let you know as this thing kind of develops.
Speaker 1: Now, if you think about it, if this was just a simple robbery, or if they wanted to bring harm to Savannah Guthrie's mom, why would this not have happened on the location. It has all the ear markings of some type of real ransom. It's chilling, it's frightening. It's what every American would fear. And obviously our thoughts and prayers are with the family I've met, say Savannah Guthrie, She's a lovely person, and I can't say that about everybody in the legacy media that I've met in my life. Trust me. Anyway, we welcome back to the program. He's a longtime friend, I think, the smartest person in terms of analysis of crime in the country, and I'm proud to call her a friend. And it's Nancy Grace's with us last night. You were so good on TV and so knowledgeable. I mean, you really seem to know every detail of this. Tell me what your gut is telling you where we are today?
Speaker 5: Number one, thank you for inviting me, Sean. And likewise, first of all, I know Savannah. I care about Savannah, and what you said is true. She's not just sweet and nice and genteel On air. She's that way in person, unlike a lot of people on the TV fake fake, fake fake, She's not.
Speaker 1: We know those same people.
Speaker 5: Therefore, I'm telling you that up front because I want to believe what I'm about to say, and that can cloud your judgment. I want to believe that Nancy Guffery, Savannah's mother, is alive. I don't want Savannah to put put be put through the pain that so many of the crime victims endure. So I'm looking at the facts in a certain way, and that is this. When I first heard that there was DNA and it had been matched to Nancy Guffrie, I immediately thought that it was blood because as an easily identifiable DNA source, you're not going to just suddenly see perspiration or you know, some other DNA matter. So I knew it was blood. They would only see if it find it interesting if it was a copious amount of blood, which would mean she's dead. You can only lose so much blood and you die, you bleed out. That was my first fear when I realized the DNA was blood. Then I thought, wait a minute, is the d is the blood in an unusual spot like streaks of it on the door or upon the ceiling, which is you know, throwback from a bludgeoning. Yeah, I thought, oh no, it's high velocity. It's high velocity, which means a gunshot. It's none of those things. From the blood that we have seen in the photos, which is a blood trail of sorts, not very long. It's leading from her door to the driveway, and it appears to be and this is very significant if this is all the blood there is, it appears to be low velocity drops, which to me looks like from for instance, a nose bleed. I see other blood around it which looks like it could have been aspirated. In other words, how can I say this in common terms, breathe out. So that's the pattern that I see in a lot of worlds that may not be good. In this scenario that is good. There's not a copious amount of blood, so that means to me, she could still be alive. We haven't found her body, that's the headline. Kada or dogs haven't found any thing that is. That's a bombshell right there. We have no indication she's dead. Statistically, yes, she might be dead. Statistically yes she's dead, But there are encouraging signs as well, and I'm reading the tea leaves because I want to read them this way. However, she is an elderly lady. She's eighty four, and she is on a lot of meds. You know, she's got a pacemaker. That tells me she has heart issues as well. She can only be offered meds so long, this is what we're learning. We're learning that that ransom note may have been sent to a third outlet. We know TMZ, we know, we know Cold Kold now possibly to k g u N K GUNN. What does that mean? That means it's an orchestrated event. They want a huge amount of money, millions in bitcoin. Now, who would do that? That's telling me a lot about an alleged purp that they would want the money in bitcoin. Now, a lot has been made about her of interest at this juncture. The share has come out and said there are no suspects, there is no POI. I want to believe them, but they always say that when they've got a POI. Right, Why because once your name to the suspect, constitutional protections shroud you. Until your name to the suspect, you know you don't have those constitutional protections. But at this juncture there is no suspect and there is no POI another thing I'm wondering about then, the ransom letters. They apparently have written what Nancy Duffery was wearing at the time of her abduction. Was it a PJS? She woked to that church event that's Saturday night. I'm curious to find out if she's still wearing her clothing she wore to the event, Sean, that tells me that she had not been home for long. She has a routine, she gets him bed at a certain time. She would have already put on a PJS. If she's wearing her street clothes, that means she was abducted almost immediately upon getting home, which means the part was watching her and knew her routine. If she has on her PAGs, then the ransom note will reveal that. And if that's accurate, then the ransom note is for real.
Speaker 1: And it's all scary to me. You know, I want people to know where your passion comes from, and I don't want to bring back bad memories in your life. But you were engaged and something tragic happened in your life and it resulted. I mean it changed your life on a dime. And this happens to victims of crime all the time. I just want you to remind people of what you live through so people understand exactly where this passion of yours has come from.
Speaker 5: Well, Sean, for you, I will do that. I typically did not like it, ill you.
Speaker 1: Don't have to. I mean, I care too much about you as a friend.
Speaker 5: Just gave I'm in the car actually all the way back from giving a Founder's Day speech at one of my alma mas, Mercer University in Macon. I graduated from there in Ny. You and I was in the middle of my speech and I had to give this story and about to tell and I've already broken down in tears. So you know I'm already a big batms.
Speaker 1: I cared too much about you as a person. I'll solve for you. I mean you were engaged.
Speaker 5: Yes, how was that?
Speaker 1: So the love of your life?
Speaker 5: A little college and I fell in love with a baseball player, Keith on baseball scholarship. He transferred to complete his geology degree, and that's what I transferred to Mercer. Shortly before our wedding, Keith was murdered. He was shot five times into faith the neck and the back. And I knew nothing about the justice system. I had never been in a courtroom. I never had any quote brushed with the law, nor my family. The first time I was ever in a courtroom was when I was a witness in his prosecution. And I'll never forget it, Sean, as long as I live. I now know why I was a witness. I didn't see what happened. I wasn't there when he was murdered, but I believe I was brought on to humanized Keith, since victims have no rights in a courtroom, to make him come alive for that journey. And I remember coming down off the witness stand, and it was high up by the judge in one of those elevated benches, and you'd take two steps and then a little square, and then you'd turn the other way and come down the rest of the steps and a lot by council table. And I looked down and I saw Keith's bloody shirt and I had not seen that. I'd never seen anything like that. I grew up in a very rural, sheltered childhood, and I'll never forget it. And I kept walking and I passed the defendant's table, Sean, and I looked at the defendant and he looked me in the face of me looked down in his life. He couldn't look at me in the face. And I looked on either side and all the lawyers sitting around him, and they looked at me, and then they looked down too, they at their table. They wouldn't look at me. And I just kept going. And I remember it's so quiet, and I could hear my boots as I walked out of that place. And that was my first exposure to the criminal justice system. Everything was a blur. I hardly remember a lot of it, and I've actually lost chunks of memory. Before and after Keith Murder. I was in school to be an English Shakespeare with Professor, and I dropped out of school and thankfully Mercer University let me come back in later, no questions asked. But I wife and mother and Professor was not meant to be. I went back to law school to become a fellony prosecutor of violent crimes to help other victims. But the story didn't end there. That crime affected the rest of my life. It took me so long to get it together to ever attempt to remarry. That I didn't get pregnant until I was forty seven, sharps and I and my daughter, my little Lucy, almost died in childbirth. Sounds so old by the time I finally got pregnant. So it affected my life for the rest of my life. So I come to this spot in this car on this song call, and it's very personal to me.
Speaker 1: You know, it's one of the reasons I love you so much. And you know it's out of this horrible tragedy as a young woman. And by the way, it was nineteen years to even till you even considered getting married because it was so traumatizing and devastating. And here's you know, there is at the other side of this. You have done so much good in your life because of what you live through and help so many others as a result of all of this. I mean, it just is I sit here in awe of the person that you are, and it's so sad what shaped you into the person that you are and the tragedy that brought this out, and yet you have this infectious passion. You're the premier expert now in the country on cases like this. Stay right there. I don't want to push you anymore on this. I didn't even want to ask it if I knew. I know how emotional it is, and I know you as a person. We'll have more with Nancy Grace on the other side. Eight hundred and nine to FOURT one Shawn number will continue