Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and no Hee Armstrong and Yahetty. Some business news.
Speaker 3: The maker of Nutter butters, Chips, Ahoy, and Oreos is chewing Aldi for allegedly using packaging that blatantly copies their products. Yeah, all the apologize and as a peace offering sent in Tobisco a bunch of delicious prongles.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. You don't want to be eaten counterfeit Nutter butters, That's okay.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get off on this, but I've always wondered about like like you can get raisin bran, you can get post raisin bran or cologgs raisin bran. The boxes look almost exactly the same, the product is the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a feeling the court's rules that no, that's just a simple statement of the two ingredients, and you can't copyright that. You could have like brand raising Crunch, that would probably be a copyrightable name. That's my guess.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm enjoying right now is the weedy, the old timey whedy that's a good Wow, that's a good serial right there.
Speaker 1: Like your boyhood hero Bruce Jenner. You're not sure if you've heard about him. Yes, speaking of that sort of madness, we give you a news report featuring radical leftist Marxist California politician Scott Wiener.
Speaker 5: State Senator Scott Wiener is certain his bill will pass allowing San Francisco police officers to cite these illegal vendors.
Speaker 6: This is for folks who are selling goods that have been placed on a placed on a list of commonly stolen goods, who don't have a permit and don't have proof of purchase. Then the police will be able to cite them, and on the third offense they can get a misdemeanor.
Speaker 2: So I want to make sure you understand what happened there.
Speaker 4: So it's a regular thing, especially in California, to go into a CBS or whatever store you want to go into and just take your arm on the shelf and sweep stuff into a grocery bag and walk out the door and nobody arrests you. And then you set up card tables out on the street and sell the stuff right in front of the store. Sometimes and this Wiener, Dude, Scott Wiener.
Speaker 7: He's gonna crack down on these people.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get tough on him starting now.
Speaker 4: A policeman can excite them and on the third citation they will get a misdemeanor.
Speaker 2: That is so hilarious.
Speaker 1: That is so hilarious it would be impossible for me running one of these rings to tell my various junkie friends, all right, you've been busted for selling twice. You go back to boosting from stores. Ew Hey, boostin, Jimmy, you man the table.
Speaker 4: Now, if you wonder why California is completely lawless, and you've seen those videos flying around social media where they just rob stores blind, and why so many CBS's and Walgreens have had to close in LA and San Francisco and Oakland and those that are open, everything costing more than seventy five cents is locked up behind glass and you have to bother somebody to get it out for you. You want to get some freaking deodorant, you have to find some unhappy employee to come unlock it for you.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, I need three dollars worth of band aids please.
Speaker 4: Is because this counts as getting tough on crime. And the third time we catch you selling this stuff, we're gonna give y'all misdemeanor.
Speaker 2: And he said that with that like tough guy voice. That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Scott Wiener is not only a Marxist, he is a encourager of reaching across the generations for man boy love and that sort of thing. He's sexual radical, he is a He's a damn communist and has done enormous damage. And he is the poster child for what got the Democratic Parties heine kicked in the last election, certainly on a national level. So the Democratic Party is trying to figure out what to do with their left flank. The lunatics like Scott Wiener and arrive at a message that somebody might be willing to vote for. And what they've come up with is the Abundance Agenda, which is based on a book by Ezra Klein and who's the co author, Derek Thompson Surprise Hit Jack. Hundreds of thousands of copies sold. The idea is kind of cut through all the red tape and the regulations. They're well meaning, but it's metastasized into choking the economy and making people's lives worse, we've got to deregulate and free up the economy blah blah blah. So they've to a large extent become moderate Republicans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, to a certain extent. It's the sort of thing Bill Maher's been talking about for a long time. I think that's why I had Ezra clent On right away to talk about this book. Is the idea that lefties come up with in the These are their words, not necessarily my thoughts on all these topics, but that they Democrats come up with good ideas, but their ideas never reach the end point, and that's why people have turned against the Democratic Party. Like bullet train, good idea, but all of the waste and mess and everything like that, they didn't actually get a bullet train. Spending money on dealing with homelessness a good idea, but it gets all wrapped up in waste and everything like that, and you don't solve the homeless problem, you know, through all the money at housing and you build, you spend one hundred million dollars to build five apartments, all that sort of stuff. Right, they say their goal is okay, they just never get to the end result. And they got to cut out all the crap in between that stops them from accomplishing what they want to accomplish.
Speaker 1: So, now as I'm trying to get a grasp of this, they're trying to advocate for effective policies as opposed to ineffective ones.
Speaker 2: Hmm, now you have my attention.
Speaker 4: But still the same policies that they say people on their side want. But that's that's the deal.
Speaker 2: Right, right, So the idea of efficient leftism.
Speaker 4: They're the thinking is of some people in the Democratic Party is that our ideas are not unpopular, we just don't implement them in a way that ever yields in results.
Speaker 2: Which is certainly true. The second part is definitely true.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh yeah, yeah, I mean I would argue the first part obviously, but the second part is absolutely unquestionably true, particularly as you look at cal Unicornia. And interestingly enough, Gavin Newsom was on or I'm Sorry, he had Ezra Cline on his podcast for a ninety minute discussion about the book and Gavey, who is trying desperately to thread the needle between running away from his record as the ruiner of California, together with his political great granddad Jerry Brown, trying to pretend he's not that, but indeed is the brave knight in shining.
Speaker 2: Armor who will confront the ills that have just been visited upon him.
Speaker 4: So he was defensive about the way the book actually depicts California's exhibit A for democratic dysfunction. Yes, as it should be, but I'm quoting now from the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 2: A Newsom nonetheless proclaimed.
Speaker 7: The book essential reading for Democrats, and he said he's been handing out copies of the leaders of the state legislature because they got to get effective cut those regulations that I've been pushing my entire career.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. Here are some more quotes Richie Torus, Democrat, New York. The system is broken. The government is too inefficient, ineffective to meet the challenges of the twenty first century.
Speaker 2: But the answer is not doge.
Speaker 1: It's abundance in all caps, cut red tape, unleashed the state as a stimulant to growth and innovation, private enterprise with the state.
Speaker 4: I am not unhappy to have them come to this conclusion, and then we can argue about policies, but at least they won't be all bogged down in worthlessness.
Speaker 1: Right if you say you're going to spend a billion dollars to accomplish something, please accomplish it.
Speaker 2: At least that's not a lot to ask.
Speaker 1: They're big on the yimbi push yes in my backyard, you know, strict housing rules and zoning and clustering high rises near train stations and all that. We want to stick with those policies, as Jack was saying, good policies, but we've got to eliminate the nimby types. We're looking at you Malibu by the way, and and.
Speaker 7: Scarsdale and fair Fax, Virgin yach.
Speaker 1: Where they're as blue as the sapphire, and yet they will Well, I'm in favor of multi family housing, just not here.
Speaker 4: All the people that go to all the super expensive A plate fundraisers and give the money, they don't want it in their backyard.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you right.
Speaker 1: The protected class who advocate for these policies but are never affected.
Speaker 4: By Yeah, does a teacher at your super expensive private school. They're super rich, lefty have to speak nine different languages to accommodate all the immigrations. Oh they don't, that's interesting. Could they have to in the public schools?
Speaker 1: Josh Harder, who is a non lunatic Democrat from a swing district in California, says the book has given voice to a feeling people have had for a while that's just too hard to build things.
Speaker 2: That's absolutely true.
Speaker 1: It is, you know, if this is a notable tech to the center more or less certainly to effectiveness. Yeah, that's a good thing, sure, absolutely, as opposed to AOC you know, the Chae Guavera with the nicely formed boosoms leading the Democratic Party into a socialist future. If this is the all, bring it on, fellows, good luck.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure I heard Ezra or somebody who is a proponent of this saying, like a lot of our green stuff has not panned out the way we said it would.
Speaker 2: You know that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's hey, that is good. That's absolutely good. It was phony from the beginning, but at least you're admitting it. I was amused by a couple of things. First of all, there is a backlash on the left jack who've attacked the book in many essays, podcasts, and book reviews. Critics argue the authors are blind to are stooges of the corporate power that is the true culprit for the problems. The book lays out abundance right, a couple of morons for the rolling Stone, encourages democrats to focus on the wrong solutions, and elevates deregulatory narratives already being weaponized by the right. Okay, we need more regulations and then this kind of and you're right, Ezra obviously a tool of the right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Fascist.
Speaker 4: Oh here's the other problem I got. Thirteen year old asked me what's a fascist?
Speaker 2: The other day? So, anybody you don't like?
Speaker 4: So, mostly because he's fighting fascists in his new video game, the Indiana Jones video Game, you fight fascists, He's fighting Mussolini's fascists.
Speaker 1: Well, now, wait, did they actually did they identify them as as like Italian fascists or they're just kind of yeah, black uniforms.
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah? Yeah, well, okay, I brought.
Speaker 4: Up Mussolini said, yeah's Mussolini. They mentioned that in the game. He said, okay, cool, he said, you see him learning something we ought to pass.
Speaker 1: And I will over regulate the video game industry when I am elected emperor. But you'll be fighting Chinese communists. No, kids, not freaking Nazis no kidding anyway, I found.
Speaker 2: This very amusing.
Speaker 1: Let me squeeze this, and they mentioned in the journal in our short lived twenty twenty four campaign, Kamala Harris's promised to build three million new homes in America was the best testing of our several proposed I've got a really funny note on that later too. But according to both her campaign and Trump's a Yimbi's for Harris Zoom fundraiser, they're talking about how popular this was. A Yimbi's for Harris Zoom fundraiser drew thirty thousand participants and raised more than one hundred and thirty thousand dollars. Uh point of order, mister chairman. It's like four dollars and fifty cents.
Speaker 2: Per at ten d wow. I mean, if that's a success story, what does a failure look like.
Speaker 4: I got a Kamala thing, a brief Kamala thing, because I am sick of ever talking about her and hoping she'll go away, though she's not. She's going to be governor of California some more. I'll get to that at some point. We also have a good nut picking thing. It's nut picking, but it's entertaining, among other things, we can get to stay here. So is this nut picking?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Nut picking as if you pick out a nut on the other side and try to, you know, make blanket judgments against a certain group of people. There are quite a few people that think that this is. Like a middle aged woman posted this on social media. She was in her local target.
Speaker 5: I'd be Pride month in my target that used to have the pride section. It's now all USA.
Speaker 1: Yay.
Speaker 5: It's it's an American summer except for tourism because tourism is down because no one wants to come here USA woo. And honestly, my dad serves the military and I'd love to be really proud of this nation, but it's hard to be proud.
Speaker 2: Of it under Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: But hey, you know, while you're here, pick up a USA bikini.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Target's really taken this anti DEI thing.
Speaker 2: To another level.
Speaker 4: It's a woman who was very unhappy that her target had a lot of red, white, blue stuff for Fourth of July by the front door instead of all the pride and trans stuff that they've had in previous years and gotten some blowback for.
Speaker 1: You now. She was less obnoxious than I expected I would. I think the most notable thing she said, and the only thing I want to respond to is the idea that the country is the president.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's absurd. Where the country is.
Speaker 1: The constitution and it's people and your town, your county, your state, your region. I mean, the federal government certainly has a role in the country, but the government isn't the country, and the president certainly isn't the country. Sweetheart, your dad is the country, Your.
Speaker 2: Next or neighbor is the country. These are odd times.
Speaker 4: Rap wars are going on. I don't know if you're aware of the rap wars. So much conflict around the globe. And I don't mean rap ribitty rou said a rip rap riberty roo. I don't mean singing. I mean wr ap, as in the kind of rap you eat in fast food joints. Apparently McDonald's is bringing back They're very popular, though I'd never heard of it, snack rap that was huge, and so their competitors are uh combating that. Popeyes has launched a new chicken rap that actually in the picture looks pretty freaking good. But anyway, so if you're into that sort of thing, lots of restaurants are going to have them. I don't know why, why things catch on and some things don't. I'm a big fan of the rap for the record.
Speaker 2: This headline from The Oregonian.
Speaker 4: How hookup apps help fuel the meth crisis.
Speaker 2: Among gay men. What's your guests on that? There's a lot there.
Speaker 4: How hookup apps fuel the meth crisis among gay men.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they have little.
Speaker 1: Code words that they use for this is actually connecting for drugs, not to fornication and are both. I mean, because tweakers famously want to fornicate all day and all night. Right.
Speaker 4: I remember one guy I knew who was a meth guy, and he said it's like orgasm times with thousand or something like that, which I thought, I don't know if.
Speaker 2: I can agnal that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know I can't. And I remember talking to to dea guys who said, I tell you what, you bust a house that's producing bathroom people are using math, You're gonna find three things porn and sex toys, clutter and more porn and sex toys. You just turns you into it's just a flaming horn dog. I guess if you know the average guy needs.
Speaker 4: Any help American men are having a friend crisis. We'll get to that story later in the show. I look forward to it, but I came across this yesterday and I found it was kind of hilarious. It was about Kamala Harris and the decisions she needs to make. This is Mark Calpern's newsletter, and he said all sources suggest she remains undecided about running for governor, running for president, or neither, to which I say, I think she'll If she wants to run for governor, she'll be governor. I Thinkamala Harris can be governor of California. And who wouldn't want to be governor of the biggest state in the Union. If you're a politician, run for president. That is hilarious. Oh, I know that is hilarious. Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: That would be so gratifying if she did. Pro chance of getting your own nomination, your own party zero.
Speaker 1: And is governor California, You've got a pipeline of chardonay coming your way.
Speaker 2: Come on, arm Strong and.
Speaker 1: Bill Mahr the other night, waxing hilarious on the Democratic Party's efforts to get back to the American mainstream.
Speaker 8: Then we'll move on from politics. How many know what SAM stands for. It's a new phrase. It stands for speaking with American men. Sam. This is the new movement by the Democratic Party. They lost the men vote a lot last time, and they have these these seminars.
Speaker 2: Would you like to hear?
Speaker 8: What was sammy?
Speaker 2: Ok? These are ways that they want to.
Speaker 9: Seminars that they had to try to win back the typical American Now, like how to keep your liberal base while putting guns.
Speaker 2: On your Christmas card? That was warmer the best.
Speaker 10: Protein powder for a clean bulk. An other dude conversation started. Bud light etiquette, when to drink it, when to shoot it, fishing, the bizarre hobby working class.
Speaker 9: Men enjoy instead of pickleball, Bruce Lee versus Bigfoot, mythical fight scenarios to man up here, Joe Rogan appearance.
Speaker 4: That's pretty funny, speaking of the whole manly thing. Why is Tim Walls on my television like every day somewhere? What a nothing burger he is? Why is he around in various things?
Speaker 1: Any I don't want to talk about ball famous for being famous at this point.
Speaker 2: Coming up, I'm a knucklehead at times. Coming up, return policies are such a big, a bigger part of retail than I realized, and the way.
Speaker 4: We use and sometimes abuse them. And two, just a quick question. I'll have the answer next segment. What percentage of us want to live to one hundred? It's surprisingly low.
Speaker 1: So I promised we'd move on from politics, and we certainly will after this mention because it's Kamala Harris related. We were just talking about Kamala and I'd like not to bring her up again later. Nelly Bowles, writing in The Free Press a post mortem on Kamala Harris's campaign, cited up perception gap as one of the reasons she lost, saying voters believe she held positions that she didn't. And this is a quote from the post mortem. Over eighty percent of swing voters who chose Trump believed Harris held positions she did not campaign on in twenty twenty four, supporting what I'm already troubled by that phrase, but go on, including supporting taxpayer funding for transgender surgeries for undocumented immigrants. Eighty three percent believe that yeah, mandatory election.
Speaker 4: She didn't run on it, but she said it and then years ago and never denounced it during a campaign.
Speaker 1: An eighty two percent misperceived that she was backing mandatory electric vehicles.
Speaker 2: By twenty thirty five.
Speaker 1: Seventy seven percent believed erroneously that she believed in decriminalizing border crossings and defunding the police. That's seventy two percent, she said, getting back to Nelly Bowles. But Harris had in fact supported all of these positions, like she is on the record supporting every one of them here, here, here, and here, and all of those are links. Of course they're saying that, So it's not really a perception problem so much as a reception problem, like these ideas are not popular even though I support them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's true she didn't run on them. I've heard though the Harris people say that before. We didn't run on them. Well, no, but you said them before, and you never explained that you don't believe them anymore. So, yes, you were painted with your own words.
Speaker 1: Advocated for them forcefully for years. All right, now we'll move on from politic handful of things that are good news, some of them somewhat politically related. But it's been a little gloomy and doomy so far, and I didn't want to go all negative story in who is right, and this might be the free press too, come to think of it. Unbelievable story begins with a couple who faced a parents' nightmare. Their son kJ was born and when he was just days old, doctors diagnosed kJ with an incredibly rare genetic disorder that had to do with breaking down proteins and they build up in the body in a toxic level. Babies like kJ lacked the necessary enzyme to convert ammonia to urea that's then excreted in the europe urine and it doesn't breathe. It doesn't, I'm sorry, build up in your bloodstream. Very very very rare. But because of leaps forward in the Crisper gene editing world, kJ became the first patient to ever receive a Crisper treatment customized specifically for him, done by a team of doctors and researchers at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Perlman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, and UC Berkeley, among several other institutions. After ten months and three courses of the treatment, kJ is doing well and able to handle more protein in his diet, heading in a really good direction.
Speaker 4: That's awesome and miraculous. But the whole Crisper thing is a lot like AI. There are all kinds of examples of wonderful positive you can't argue with them things it can do. But then people are gonna use Crisper to have taller, blue eyed only boy or only girl or whatever is popular at the time. You know, all kinds of different things that are going to ruin mankind.
Speaker 1: Hollywood types are going to say, can you give me a kid that decides he's a boy in about sixth grade? Can we have a gender bending Madnesteine.
Speaker 2: No, it is. It's amazing, But yeah, I didn't. I would. I'm trying to be positive, folks.
Speaker 1: Just for the record, positive scientific breakthrough saving the life of a baby, and Jack took it negative.
Speaker 2: Just if you're keeping score at home, that's true.
Speaker 1: Moving along, headline from the National Review, Progressive activists broke Corporate America, shareholders putting it back together. There's now a cottage industry, which is kind of funny of guys like this David Boonsen, who's a financial advisor who worked to reel companies back from the brinks of woke madness and is now advising them on how to be normal again. He's leaned into the authority that shareholders have to help keep major companies focused on what they're supposed to be focused on financial returns as opposed to social justice issues that are not core to their business. The lead of this article is at the height of the COVID pandemic in America's so called racial reckoning, Marxism, activist groups infiltrated major corporations and pressured executives to promote niche, left wing social causes. But in the years since, consumers and shareholders, sick of having progressive dogma forced on them, have begun to exert pressure of their own and it is working, and he is reeling a bunch of companies back from the brank who are now saying and doing normal things again. Bowyer Research Macroeconomic Consulting f him this recently taken on the role of helping shareholders push this sort of thing.
Speaker 2: In short, said quote, the.
Speaker 1: Thing we're countering was a crazy social mania which came up very quickly and formed a bubble, and corporations fell all over themselves to embrace unpopular policies promoted by activists. After a few years of corporate backlash, think bud Light, Disney Target, coupled with Supreme Court ruling.
Speaker 2: Every story I was in there for a while.
Speaker 4: I remember there was a period of time you couldn't go in a store that didn't have you know, black lives matter, or we stand with this or that. Somewhere. It was a craze that that writing is exactly right.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: He says, quote, it's become obvious to companies that they probably should not have made these commitments and political gestures in this pandering in the first place. So they were ready to get back to sanity because they saw what they had done was not in their interests or their shareholders' interests. And one thing, he's had a big victory at Pepsi Co, the food giant filed a shareholders solution calling on the company to account for its discriminatory ad buying under the Global Alliance for Responsible Media.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've heard of them.
Speaker 1: GARM left wing group formed in twenty nineteen to promote digital safety and combat disinformation, misinformation, hate speech. And what these GARM people did was label anybody to the right of The New York Times as hate speech outlets and misinformation disinformation outlets. So Pepsi COO would not advertise on the Armstrong and Getty Show. They wouldn't advertise on Fox News or News Nation or the or the Washington Free Beacon or anything like that. And they finally convinced Pepsi Coo this isn't has nothing to do with misinformation. Disinformation. It's trying to unplatform anybody to the right of Jimmy Carter.
Speaker 4: Right and all kinds of people you might not like their politics, like syrupy sugar water that they shouldn't drink.
Speaker 2: Right. So again, this is a little political, but this is positive.
Speaker 1: The Justice Department has expanded its efforts against discrimination by invoking the False Claims Act. It announced in May the Civil Rights Fraud Initiative, which will use the False Claims Act, which encourage encourages whistleblowers to come forward with evidence of illegal activity. Specifically, universities, corporations, and nonprofits have established diversity, equity, and inclusion policies that violate the plain language of civil rights laws. All racism is racism, All discrimination is discrimination. So if you see discrimination against Asian people or white people or whomever, you can let the Justice Department know these entities. The corporations, the universities and nonprofits have received billions of dollars in federal funding by falsely certifying that they are in compliance with federal law.
Speaker 2: They are not.
Speaker 1: They are violating the plain language of civil rights laws. And they've got a hotline established and going to bring them to hill that way too. Progress is being made, my friends.
Speaker 4: That thing on the company is you know, losing their their their woke messaging. And that's a good example of the free market reflecting what almost everybody feels.
Speaker 2: That that was a good result right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's it's interesting to have observed what we're just talking about. And I wonder if now a lot of these companies will be inoculated from doing it again. Kind of a knee jerk. Oh this is hot. People are mad, people are threatening. We got to do this, We got to do this and a little more. All right, Steady as she goes. We make fun of saw drinks, Let's make food and soft drinks, and just everybody keep going.
Speaker 4: I would hope that the next time there's some big thing, you know, Nike says, we sell shoes. We're not getting involved with this. You want to hear about our new running shoe. It's really springy. But we're not going to get involved in the political issue.
Speaker 1: Or when some twenty nine year old you know, marketing exects. Hey, I tell you what, show that you're down with the people will sell more workout clothes and running shoes if you like, come out and favor of black lives matter. Nike, for instance, although Nike's unforgivably woke, but some of the other companies we've talked about might say, yeah, yeah, yeah, there's an upside, but there's a downside.
Speaker 7: Why don't you call bud Light and ask them about that doutside you get out of this baby.
Speaker 2: You know, HW to their core purpose.
Speaker 4: Like Chris Rock talking about Lulu Lemon. We don't discriminate. What the hell are you talking about? And yes, you do discriminate against the poor. You're here, how many people want to live to be one hundred not nere as many as you would think. I need to think about that for a second myself, among other things coming up, stay here.
Speaker 11: Strong he YETIDNN is announceable air live performance of the play good Night and Good Luck, which will be the first time the Broadway show will be televised live and simulate the experience of seeing it live. An old person will come here and forget to turn off the.
Speaker 2: Ringer on their phone. Here for the show. I brought tiny candies.
Speaker 4: I'm constantly amazed how many people can't you know to forget and leave your ringer ons? One thing, I don't think I've ever done it one time in my life where my phone has gone off in a situation where you wouldn't want your phone to go off. But I'm amazed by when people's phone does go off. I don't think that's, you know, immediately like a capital offense or anything like that. But not knowing how to turn it off drives me crazy that people who just like look at their phone confused and pressing a million buttons. You don't know how to turn it off. You don't know what there's one button, just hit it once and it's off.
Speaker 2: Crazy. Please silence your devices? Right? Do you want to live to be one hundred years old? Only about a quarter of.
Speaker 4: A stew which is kind of surprising to me, And the number goes down as you get older. If you ask people when they're older, how interesting, h I wonder what that's all about. It's not that unlikely that will happen if you're in good health at sixty five and you financially can pull it off, I mean, your decent financial shape. For a woman, it's a thirteen percent chance you'll make it to one hundred, for a man it's an eight percent chance, and for a couple, so it's a twenty percent chance one in five that one of you will make it to one hundred. Doesn't that seem surprising to you that only a quarter of people want to live to be one hundred. I'm not exactly sure what my answer is that I think I'm enough to see the same question asked of ninety five or ninety or eighty five.
Speaker 1: I think you'd find a sweet spot somewhere around ninety, that's my guess.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I'm a definite yes on ninety and I'd probably go with no. One one hundred, which is just an assumption that I wouldn't be that enjoying life that much.
Speaker 1: Right, you're basing it on the averages. Yeah, and when you don't really have any idea no, no, indeed, because you know your health could failure. You know, a younger age doesn't have to be one hundred.
Speaker 4: But at that you know, like, like I've repeated many times, my doctor's saying to me. One time we were having a discussion about this and that in medicine everything. He said, sometimes I wonder.
Speaker 2: What the goal is here?
Speaker 4: What is the goal, like just to extend your life, even though in many cases it's not you know that great? What what what are we trying to pull off? Interesting?
Speaker 1: I've got a great doctor, a general practitioner or primary care doctor, whatever you call him. These days I live in fear that he's going to leave or go do something else. But he once said to me, Joe, our goal is to get you to ninety nine years of age healthy, with using as little medication as possible. Well, yeah, which in my case is more than a little. But yeah, of course that is the goal.
Speaker 4: But if for in reality most people are not that healthy toward the end, what extending that?
Speaker 2: What is that all about? Oh?
Speaker 1: It's about defying what's natural and unavoidable, I think, or being pushed by a train that makes a profit.
Speaker 2: I mean there's got to be some of that in there, right.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, I mean our health system and how doctors in hospitals and you know, big pharma whomever how they're compensated is just horrific, unholy, dishonest, twisted, complex, incomprehensible.
Speaker 4: I didn't mean to get off on that. I want to mention this. So, yeah, kids had to start paying their student loans back. I shouldn't say kid. Just plenty of forty year olds out there who had student loans and they got delayed for what four or five years, a really long time, and they were lied to by the President of the United States who said, I'm gonna wipe them out and you're not going to have to pay them.
Speaker 2: Because there was a bad flu from China for a little while.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, in my mind, that did happen for a whole bunch of people, Like to the tune of gazillions of dollars, we redistributed wealth to the most privileged among US, people with college degrees. AnyWho not to get off on that. One out of four student loan borrowers are behind on their payments since they started back up here not too long ago. One out of wow wow hadn't planned ahead or thought it they would. You know, you can't blame a young person for thinking, cool, I'm never gonna have to pay this again, because that guy ran for president on this issue and told me that I was not going to have to pay for right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I had to tell my kids in their twenties and thirties, Look, this is not going to happen. It's it's false, it's just politicking. The courts are going to overturn it. Don't make plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you didn't have a wise parent, if you had a parent, you know, lean's left who thinks, yes, the government not only should, but is going to pay off those student loans because you got ripped off some Wow, as opposed to those people over there who have a car payment and didn't go to college. Have never understood the argument on this. But yeah, one out of four and rising. Speaking of COVID, I got a question for you. It's an ethical question.
Speaker 1: We both don't believe in harassing public figures like senators or whatever when they're out to eat you harass them while they're at work, if they're with their family or whatever that did, leave them alone, just be decent. On the other hand, there's part of me, and this is what you need to rule on, Jack that wants every time Anthony Fauci is out in public for the rest of his life. He hears gain a function, gain of function everywhere he goes, every single time.
Speaker 2: I got to admit there are murdered millions and then denied it.
Speaker 4: Worse than that what's her name that ran the schools, that kept them closed for so many years, Brandy Garden. I don't know if I could keep my mouth shut if I see her and her husband over there in the corner of the restaurant. You don't actually care about children, You destroyed their lives for profit.
Speaker 2: How do you sleep at night? You horrible, horrible human.
Speaker 4: I don't think I could keep myself from saying that that's a good rough draft, perfect Armstrong and Getty