Speaker 1: Hi, everybody. Welcome back to Packers Unscripted from Packers dot Com. I am Mike Spuffer, joined as always by my trusted colleague Wes Hodkoitz. Coming to you here from our studios at lambeau Field. Back on the air West Packers Unscripted as back, and this is a somewhat historic episode of sorts. And I will let you explain what I mean by that.
Speaker 2: Well. First and foremost, big thank you to our producer behind the cameras here, Craig Schilbauer, our noble leader who is stepping in because Matt Arvin effectually known as Arvin Marvin, I should say mo name right. Matt was with us for the first nine seasons of Packers Unscripted in some shape or form. Obviously, Zach Budd did a tremendous job this past year as our producer as well. Matt moved on to a new phase of his life, going back home to Michigan. We miss him dearly here at lambeau Field. We press on without him, but Michael, you and I ten seasons now of Packers on SCRIPTA going in. We're not with Marv, but he is with us in spirit.
Speaker 1: He absolutely is. And we'll have to get his critique of his boss. Craig's a first producer run at our fancy little show here. But boy, we have a lot to talk about, a lot of ground to cover because we did take a bit longer break than we normally do. But before we dive into everything that's been going on in the off season here, I just have to get your thoughts because it really was a to this point, once in a lifetime and hopefully not much more than a once in a generation type of thing. But green Bay hosting the NFL Draft. All I'll say to start off is that I think everything about it exceeded the expectations that anyone could have had. It was absolutely tremendous. It was phenomenal in every respect, not only for the local team, but for the entire production. I like to call it now the NFL's traveling road show. I mean, that really is what the NFL Draft is. And I thought the city of Green Bay, the fans, and everybody in this organization outside this organization that was involved in it absolutely hit it out of the park.
Speaker 2: Mike, you and I could fill an entire episode of Packers unscripted. Just giving kudos to the men and women of this organization, discover Green Bay, everybody in the community that made this thing happen. In my wildest dreams, Michael, I don't think I could have envisioned a scenario in which the NFL Draft would have been any better than what we had in Green Bay. Certainly, there were the theatrics on the stage. Two Packer players end up walking, two future Packers end up walking across that stage and embracing Roger Goodell. But the alumni that were involved, just the amount of people, six hundred thousand people over the three days, blowing the roof off of what the expectations were in terms of how many folks were going to be coming out here. I was chatting with people. I'll never forget this. On Thursday afternoon, I was eating my lunch inside a little common you know, promenade area, our little commissary if you will, okay, and people were coming up to me saying, Mandy, do you think folks will show up? Like? What is this going to be like? Is it going to look empty? Because you have the title town, the lambeau Field, the Rest Center campus, And I remember within hours of looking out at that same area as that sea of people is out there in the draft theater and in the general missionary behind it. I could not have thought of a better experience. My son was able to come down and check it out a little bit. So many tremendous people involved in it, and I didn't want to jinx it over the three days, but I remember talking with our VP of security, Doug Collins, a huge credit to him and his staff for everything they did, and telling him I'm like, I could not have envisioned this going off any better than it did, and hopefully we will see it here on someday.
Speaker 1: That shot, the panoramic overhead type shot, if you will, of the stage, the crowd on the Lambeufield Grounds, whether you're shooting it with the stadium in the background or with the stage as the background, whichever angle that shot is going to, that picture will go down as an iconic image in the history of this city and in the history of the state, quite frankly, the entire state of Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was absolutely tremendous. But we have so much Packers football to talk about. There is so much that has happened since we last signed off free agency the draft. Here's what I want to do. I think this is the this is the best way to break it down here, the boss get it to try to get it into one show here, and then we'll see where our shows the rest of the spring go from there. But when you look at what happened with the Packers in free agency and in the draft combined, for me, it breaks down down into four position groups looking extremely different compared to where the Packers were at the end of last season. Two positions on offense, two positions on defense. So I want to start on the offensive side because to me, those two positions are wide receiver and offensive line. I'll let you choose which one you want to go with first, but I think those are the two position groups on the offensive side of the ball that are undergoing the most transition here as the Packers go from twenty twenty four into twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Five one thousand percent, And realistically, when you look at quarterback, running back, tight end, it's pretty much the same outlook at all those positions. So it's sort of this dichotomy between some pretty draft drastic shifts and pretty much business as usual. Packers at the time in which we're taping this haven't even added another quarterback to that room since the end of the season, So be that as it may. I will take over with the offensive line here. And the main reason I'll do that is I felt like this was the first Domino that really fit well with the Packers offseason in how the thing's set up for them. In the draft, ye, Aaron Banks is signed. He's brought in left guard from the San Francisco forty nine ers, big bruising, mauling type guard. That shift though, ends up moving Elton Jenkins to center as Josh Myers now goes and signs with the New York Jets. So a huge seismic change that I remember being. We were talking about this at the NFL owners meetings and there were some rumblings about could Elton be moving to center? And Brian Goudikuntz and Matt Lafour both said when we were down at West Palm Beach, they feel like he can be an all pro there and he's been a two time Pro Bowl left guard, a selfless guy, a guy that has done everything the Packers have asked of him throughout these first six years that he's been in Green Bay. Well, now he's going to make this move back to center, where he was an All SEC type player there at Mississippi State before he got drafted by the Packers in the second round. Then you have Aaron Banks, and I just I'm thinking in my head about what this interior line could look like because it is you know, Sean Ryan or Jordan Morgan are now Anthony Belton who was added the Packers' interior. That line is going to be about as big as I can ever recall height and mass wise. I mean, these are big, big dudes that are gonna be clogging up the middle of that area and trying to, you know, create some space there for Josh Shacobs. So deeper, stronger, and more athletic. I think is sort of the overall feel of this group now that Belton's been added in the second round and the Packers got really fortunate last year, Michael and that they didn't have a huge injury on the offensive line up until Elton in the playoffs in that game against Philadelphia. Other than just Jordan Morgan's shoulder issues, most of that line started together all season. Other than I think Josh Myers missed one game with a wrist, so you can't always count on that so whether it's the competition that's going to push that group forward for the starting five in training camp or the guys who might step up if somebody does go down, I think Brian Goodikutz has done a really good job of fortifying that group and giving Matt Lefluor and that coaching staff a lot of options.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we'll have to see. A second round pick was invested in Anthony Belton, as you mentioned, massive three hundred and thirty five pound offensive tackle from NC State. We'll see probably when we get to OTAs where exactly the Packers are going to begin his NFL journey and where he'll be competing to crack the lineup, whether that be at tackle or guard. They feel really good about his ability to play tackle or guard on either side of the line of scrimmage. The other piece of offensive line news that we got this offseason is both Brian Gudukunst and Matt Lefuur have mentioned that Jordan Morgan, last year's first round draft pick whose rookie season unfortunately was cut short by the shoulder injury which required surgery, and he's been in the recovery process there by all accounts going well, but he not only will be competing with Sean Ryan at right guard, which is where he started, which is where he began his NFL journey last year as that rookie first round pick, but he's also going to be competing with Rashid Walker at left tackle. So Rashid Walker entering a contract year, he'll be a fourth year player this year, a previous seventh round pick who has stepped in at left tackle and done a yeoman's job, as they say, with not only in the run game, but protecting Jordan Love's blindside. But now last year's first round pick is going to be competing with Walker at left tackle. So with Belton in the mix, and then Morgan maybe competing at left tackle or right guard, it's going to be interesting to see just where things are at the start of training camp, when the pads go on, but then also where training camp finishes and when the Packers are really getting ready for that Week one lineup in September.
Speaker 2: For sure, and they obviously we've seen it with Jenkins, You've seen it with Zach Tom There's versatility, there's guys you can move around depending on how injuries shake out. But realistically, I think one of the things that Packers got really fourtune with last year is that Rashid Walker did get through the whole season fine, you know, starting all those games and being available, but it isn't always going to work out that way. And you saw what happened with David Bakhtiari when he had his injury and the in the knee that just kind of kept lingering and lingering and lingering. You need to have a plan be available to them. So not only is Morgan gonna be a guy that pushes Walker for that job, but as Walker enters the last year of his rookie contract, Tom at this point entering the last year of his rookie contract, it's things that Packers have to keep an eye on too as far as the future is concerned with both Morgan and Belton potentially being involved with those positions as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well at the wide receiver position. The other one to discuss here on offense, it's, uh, we we've sat here over the years many many times during the spring during the summer talking about wide receiver competitions and it's a it's an annual rite of passage in Green Bay that that there is always competition in that room. But I'm telling you, Wes, I don't know if the com petition is going to be any fiercer than it will be this summer. Because while the Packers will be waiting for later in the fall when Christian Watson comes back from his knee rehab, which by all accounts so far is going well, and that's all good to hear, but you've got Jaden Reid, Romeo Dobbs, Dantavian Wicks coming back. The Packers have added a first round pick in Matthew Golden, a third round pick in Savion Williams to that mix. You've also you're also returning Bow Melton and Malie Heath, guys who have you know, They've had their ups and downs in terms of practice, squad, active roster, but we've seen them play and contribute to Matt Lafleur's offense, and they've caught passes from Jordan Love in some big situations. And then Mkole Hardman was added from Kansas City as a free agent wide receiver possible return man. You know, we'll see how that sorts itself out. But wow, I mean, the the collection of guys there with the potential. I guess you'd call it the trading deadline acquisition. Down the road of Christian Watson re entering that room when he gets healthy. This wide receiver position is going to be something to watch right from day one of OTA is quite frankly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm sure Jason Vrabel is a kid in the candy stop right with all these guys, and obviously Ryan Mahaffey in that room too, and so many guys you can develop out of this. And certainly you know, first and foremost you have Dobbs, you have read obviously as you mentioned, you know Melton wicks Heath, all these guys are still young, They're still developing and still looking for those breakout type years. But being able to put in a first round pick the first time in twenty three years the Packers have drafted a receiver in the first round. Some would be with Golden's just prodigious speed, a guy that is not just four to nine fast, but also ran the fastest ten yards split. I mean, this guy's quick as well. Yeah, at his size, being able to master the rout tree. And I think the thing that has impressed me the most, Mike, and you and I have continually talked about this in the weeks after the draft here. But this is a guy that challenged himself. He was at Houston, he goes to Texas and his stats get even better. This is a guy that came on really strong for the Longhorns the second half of last season because nothing was given to him early on. As soon as he made that transfer. That was a team that was competing for a national championship. They already had a lot of talent on that roster before he got there. And then, saveon Williams, you and I saw him at the rookie mini camp and the Packers they weren't throwing passes, we weren't running elaborate routes. But this guy six four six, two hundred and twenty pounds. The comment was made on the sideline amongst the reporters. I mean, he is a grown man, and when you still run in the four fours at that size, and certainly there's some some wrinkles to iron out a little bit with his game. There were some drops and things like that at TCU, but all around, I mean, you look at what the horn Frogs did. They wanted to feed him the football, however, they needed to get into him. The guy threw a pass last season. I mean, this is a playmaker. And when you're looking at guys from that level of football and you have these type of programs building and tailoring their offenses around them, it shows you that the raw talent is there and for Matt Lafleur and that coaching staff to be able to develop this and build game plans around it. I think the most dangerous thing about this offense, and we said it last year, but it's still true, is that on any given down, you don't know which three or four receivers you're going to see and how they could be utilized, and that is a ultimate weapon for an offense. Yeah.
Speaker 1: A couple of things that I'll say about the guys, the two draft picks being added to the mix, Saveon Williams. You mentioned the six four, two twenty, And when we got our first chance to talk to the draft picks in person on last Friday during the rookie mini camp, I was in the group of reporters that that was around Saveon Williams, and I was basically standing right next to him, and it sort of hit me that it's like, boy, I mean, not that Jordi Nelson was a small guy. Not that James Jones was a small guy, but standing next to a wide receiver who's six four two twenty, it's like, Okay, this is a different type of football player here. This is a different type of offensive weapon than what the Packers normally bring in. And I think in a lot of ways, the same can be said for Matthew Golden, because, as Matt Lafleur said after the draft, you can't coach four two nine, right, I mean, that's just that's what he has, that's what he brings to the table. But the really interesting thing too with Golden is that that Texas team was bringing in two fairly highly touted transfer receivers from the portal for twenty twenty four. It was Matthew Golden coming from Houston and it was Isaiah Bond. I believe is the name coming from Alabama? Well, Houston or Alabama. Which guy is going to get more attention coming in from the transfer portal? It's the guy from Alabama, right. But eventually who was the guy who became the number one target for the Texas Longhorns. It was Matthew Golden. His production, the stats, the numbers, all of that bore that out, So a lot of excitement obviously about what both of those guys can bring to the table. Two receivers we've seen Brian Goodakunz double up at positions in the draft before, but two very very different receivers in different offensive weapons being thrown into the mix here.
Speaker 2: And if you want to, I'm not saying you have to, but one member of the Packers media corps did say that Matthew Golden was going to be the pick.
Speaker 1: I know I was gonna. I was gonna let you brag about yourself. You called it, you called it, he was your pick. But first time in well, first time in twenty three years, the Packers drafted receiver in the first round.
Speaker 2: First time in twelve years.
Speaker 1: That you've been correct because I actually called, although I have to say I was wrong because the Packers ended up taking him in the second round. But I called the Christian Watson pick a few years ago. The Packers ended up getting him at the top of the second round rather than taking him with one of their first one of their two first round picks that year. But that was the receiver that I actually pegged, and I got it right, even though it was in the second round. But congrats to you on nailing the Golden No.
Speaker 2: And be serious about that though for a second. The reason why is that the more you learn about this guy, and we've gotten a chance to talk to him now a couple of times, and reading his backstory and where he comes from in Houston, where it is you know, he's from that area of Texas. He stayed home when he originally went played at Houston for two years.
Speaker 1: Went to TCU on a visit and savee On Williams was the was the player who was hosting him on his recruiting visit. Ultimately didn't choose TCU, but he goes back a little ways with Savian.
Speaker 2: Small football world. But I mean, this kid has a lot of motivation, uh in Golden and being able to see him and obviously he's talked about wanted to get his grandmother's house back something. It sounds like those wheels have already started turning. It's been abandoned since it was taken away from his family, So that's something they should be able to work out. But then also just you know, he wears two for his grandma, and you know, listening to his stories about his mother and then those two kind of raising him. It gives you a lot of reason to pull for this young man. And certainly once you see him on the field, I mean, this guy's different, and I think Packer fans are going to see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we do need to move on to the defensive side of the ball, and we'll do so right after some sponsor business. Here Serious XMNFL Radio delivers hard hitting analysis and up to the minute NFL news that true football fanatics need twenty four to seven, three sixty five. And at Cousin Subs we have something for everyone like our Wisconsin cheese kurds, mac and Cheese, golden fries, and creamy shakes, all paired with your favorite sub or submona bowl. Cousin Subs fifty plus years of better. All right, defensive side the two positions obviously that are gonna look different here in twenty twenty five, the defensive line and cornerback for Green Bay might as well start on the defensive line. And this is sort of the thing I've been throwing it out there, whether it's an inbox or some other radio shows I've been on. To me, the most interesting thing, because I know there's been all the talk about the pass rush, because yes, the Packers finished eighth in sacks last year, but the pass rush wasn't good enough against the Vikings and the Lions and the Eagles when they needed it. There was all this inconsistency, which Brian Gudukuns and Matt Lefluur have acknowledged. So there's been all this focus on what are the Packers going to do about their pass rush going into twenty twenty five. To me, the larger question, or the next question after that, is can the Packers improve the consistency and the reliability of the pass rush without sacrificing the run defense because the run defense had its highest league ranking in fifteen years for the Packers last year since two thousand and nine when Dom Capers was in his first year as coordinator. Jeff Haffley's first year as coordinator, the Packers run defense was one of the top six or seven in the league. So you need to do something about the pass rush, which they spent fourth and fifth round draft picks and sixth round and a sixth round draft pick for that matter. But can you change things up and get some more improvement and reliability and everything there with the pass rush without sacrificing the run defense. I think that's the question that lingers.
Speaker 2: That's the number one thing the Packers have to do, and they also have to do it without TJ. Slayton, right, And if you go back to the twenty twenty one draft, I think that was probably the best bang for your buck pick the Packers got with getting Slaton in the fifth round. YEP, a guy that I think a lot of people at Florida were kind of hoping he was going to go back for that senior year. He comes out early, and to his credit, this is a guy that had incredible physical gifts and really became an all around football player by the time his time ended there. It was interesting to me just seeing and obviously now he's gone and signed with the Cincinnati Bengals, But you know, there were people that were talking about some of these first round defensive linemen and they were drawing comparisons. Lan Zerline had comparisons. I forget which exactly guy was, but said that his player comp was TJ. Slayton. So while he's not the biggest name, he is a big void for this Packer's defense and how they go about replacing him is gonna be very critical. Now that being said, TJ wasn't the biggest pass rushing threat that we've ever seen in a Green and Gold uniform. That's where I think the Packers are trying to find this balance because it's an interior game and an it's an exterior game. It's with those edge rushers as well. How do you incorporate guys like Edgrin Cooper being able to use the athleticism of a Kway Walker get those guys involved. I mean, I think Isaiah McDuffie had a half sacked last season. I mean, Jeff Hafley cooked up some really interesting schemes utilizing slot cornerbacks and inside linebackers. But at the end of the day, when the blueprint was drawn up last offseason, it was about trying to get pressure with four. It was about trying to maximize what they have and being able to play back in some coverage and they had to sort of mix that up. So very interested to one figure out what the identity of this year's defense is going to be into how the edge rushers and the pass rushers are going to be incorporated into that. Certainly we've heard it time and time again this offseason Lucas Vanessas said it himself. I mean, everybody's expecting big things from the former first round pick, where Shan Gary I thought came on really well at the end of last season, kingsleyan Igbari certainly, Brenton Cox Junior was kind of a revelation during the second half the season finishes with four sacks. And now you look at what they did on Day three, those first two picks of Day three, when you had Baron Serell out of Texas and Colin Oliver out of Oklahoma State, two very different pass rushers, two very different body types, but guys that the Packers hope could potentially contribute to this rotation. Huge expectations on that group this season, and I would imagine once we get to training camp, probably the biggest microscopes will be looking at that defensive front.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm very intrigued, not to say that I'm not intrigued with Baron Sirell and what he might do. And we could probably do an entire show on everything that went down in the fourth round on that Saturday afternoon when he was selected. But I'm very interested to see what Jeff Halfley does with a pass rusher like Colin Oliver two hundred and forty pounder. He's only ten pounds heavier than Edger and Cooper who's an off ball linebacker. And Oliver was drafted in the fifth round. The Packers felt the value was there with him because as an undersized edge rusher, he can also play off ball linebacker if you need him to. But Jeff Halflee in that first year, for all the different things that he tried, the Packers didn't really have somebody whose position is edge rusher, but who is a speed guy, A pure speed guy. He's undersized. He's not going to be out there on the edge to defend the run. That's for Sean Gary and Lucas Fanessa's job. Those are the edge guys that are the two hundred and seventy plus pounds Colin Oliver having that designated speed rusher coming off the edge. I'm really interested to see what Halfley ends up doing with him and where his creativity goes in that regard. And then in the sixth round you bring in Warren Brinson, the defensive tackle, interior defensive lineman from Georgia. He'll be, you know, at times, you know, lining up next to Devonte Wyatt, who, for as much as everybody talks about Lucas Faness and Rashan Gary and trying to continue the growth and the upward trajectory, Davonte Wyatt is a guy who looked like he was headed there last year and then a pretty nasty ankle injury kind of threw his whole season, you know, off the rails, so to speak. And he came back, but he wasn't the same guy. And then it took a while to really get fully healthy again. And then we started to see it again like a little bit more when he was fully past the ankle injury. But Davonte Wyatt is a guy that, especially as a former first round pick, just like Lucas van Ness, they're going to be counting on to be that two way defender on the interior the defensive line against the run and getting after the quarter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and why it affects a football game, ban I mean when he is healthy. I mean the guy has now I think ten and a half sacks the last two seasons, and that's not even on a full bandwidth of games and snaps. He's emerging and I think you can see that, and you know, listening to some of these guys. I know Kenny Clark has talked about the excitement about wide and where his career is heading right now. But at the same time, they can't all be just jet rushers, right. You need guys that are gonna be space eaters, two gappers, guys that are going to be able to clog up against the run. And watching the film of Brinson, who is a very selfless player at Georgie, I mean, this guy started eight games his entire career. They're played in almost I think maybe more than fifty fifty six something like that, but only started eight, but in terms of their rotation was so critical to what they did. And when you look at his body type Mike six foot five and that three ten pound range, that is more of the defensive lineman that the Packers have sort of manifested and developed over the last few years. You haven't always had just the three hundred and forty pound run stuffers like Slayton. So I think he'll fit really well into the idea of what Green Bay wants to do. But certainly getting hopefully a healthy Kenny Clark, a healthy DeVante Wyatt, it's gonna be really critical to what the Packers can do up front, all.
Speaker 1: Right, one more position to address today and then we'll call it a day for now. Cornerback is a position that has undergone a lot of personnel change, and we still don't know at this point what exactly is going to happen with JayR Alexander. It's been it's it's been an ongoing story throughout the off season with no updates as to where this is. So we set aside jay R Alexander for right now. But personnel wise, the Packers did not bring back Eric Stokes, Corey Ballentine, or Robert Rochelle. That's a lot of depth in the cornerback room that left big free agent signing in Nate Hobbs coming in almost like in some ways like the second coming of Keishawn Nixon from the standpoint of a guy who has played a lot of slot cornerback, but the Packers also believe he can play boundary cornerback on a regular basis. Nixon proved last year that he could play both spots, he could move to the outside and certainly hold his own and then the one I guess I would say almost two editions in the draft, the seventh round pick and Michael Robinson and then Jonathan Baldwin coming in from UNLV, A guy that most folks figured was going to be drafted ended up being undrafted and and the Packers got him. Kind Of one of those guys at the top of the UDFA class will be another guy in the cornerback room as some of this personnel turnover happens.
Speaker 2: You know, Brian Goodkuins is not like comparisons with players, but I'm going to offer one with Hobbs. To me, this is the quintessential Zadarias Smith type signing, where the Packers see something in him that maybe wasn't all there on film, but it was enough to entice him to think that this guy could be something really special. Zadarius Smith, when they signed him, had only started eight games the previous year with Baltimore. He was seeing more or as that pass rushing specialist. The Packers saw him as an every down defender, the guy that could potentially affect the game, in which he did for those first two seasons. Nate Hobbs is in the similar light. Most of his workload, most of his playing time came inside. But when you look at the fact that he was as physical as he was, and he didn't really rack up very many penalties at all while operating in a position where you are constantly under a microscope. Green Bay sees him as having the size and the speed to be able to play outside too. So whether or not you want to travel certain guys with receivers, whether or not you just want to play boundary, or whether it's just a situation where you got to have five healthy players in depending on who's available, you can move him around. Hobbs gives you that type of versatility and that type of latitude. I love everything that he's about. When again, when you listen to his story, where he's come from and motivation that has put him to this spot, this is a guy that absolutely positively wants to be the best cornerback in the league, and he feels like he has the ability to do it. Now. That being said, there's a huge question mark there with jy r lexand but I feel like this particular year's team is better equipped to handle whether twenty three is there or whether twenty three is not. You've seen Carrington Valentine and how he's played. I thought he came on really strong last year after having those hamstring issues.
Speaker 1: I say, when he finally got healthy, you know, we saw the Carrington. We saw the progression of a Carrington Valentine in year two that we were thinking we were going to see from the beginning, but he wasn't healthy enough to show it.
Speaker 2: Ballhawk confident, everything you want to see. And when you talk about seventh round picks, late round developing cornerbacks, these are the type of guys Green Bay has had success with a lot of tools in extremely young You know, Max Harriston from Kentucky this year was I think in the being a first round pick, people were talking about him as potentially a Packers guy. Him and Carrington are the same age. They're both I think two thousand and three birth years. Okay, I mean that just shows you. I mean Carrington was the youngest guy on this roster his rookie season two years ago, still a lot ahead of him. I think Keyshaw Nixon proved a lot of people wrong last year that he could play inside outside. The guys led the Secondari's led the cornerback room and playing time the last two seasons. Oh and then, by the way, you still have Xavier McKinney on the back end with this thing with an all PFWA safety in Evan Williams and check this a second round pick and Jevon Bullard who can also play the slot. So the Packers have built this room out to a point where I feel like they can handle whatever ebbs and flows are going to be thrown at them. But I think a lot of that did start with Nate Hobbs and is one of those projection signings that Brian Goodikuntz has had a lot of success with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like what you say what you said about the Hobbs signing, because when it comes to the draft, we talk all the time about how it's a crystal ball business and it's about making the investment based on the projection of what you feel the player is going to become. The free agent investment in Nate Hobbs is the Packers making a projection as to what they believe he can become because he's, even though he is a fifty year player at this point, he is not a finished product. And the Packers feel that he's got his best football ahead of him and they're going to try to capture that here in Green Bay.
Speaker 2: And like Xavier McKinney last year, who signed at twenty four years old as an unrestricted free agent. Nate Hobbs signs with the Packers this year as a twenty five year old unrestricted for agent, so still very much his best years ahead of him.
Speaker 1: Absolutely well, with that, we will call it a rap on this edition, this comeback edition of Packers Unscript. I'd be sure to follow all of our coverage of the team on Packers dot com and as the spring goes on here, we are going to do our best to stick with our two shows a week, hopefully through the end of the Packers offseason program, which would be when we get to that mandatory mini camp in the middle of June, and then we'll take another break before we come back for training camp. But with that for Wes, I am Mike, thank you for tuning in everybody, and we will see you next time.